Thread: Me and Alex
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 469 / Power: 22
liberatte is a glorious beacon of lightliberatte is a glorious beacon of lightliberatte is a glorious beacon of lightliberatte is a glorious beacon of lightliberatte is a glorious beacon of light
Arrow Me and Alex

Hi all... please be patient... I'm still a newbie in writing stories. Most of the time, I am thinking of why some brothers are so lucky can get FB and many gf. Here's my 1 and only...

Part 1
=====

I just turned 27 that year. I laid a stalk of rose on the grave of my first love, who passed away due to a car accident. Well, it was time to start with a new life and started looking forward. Ever since my first and last encounter with her in Australia years ago, I've been faithful and loyal.

I've been working in this MNC for the past 4 years now and finally got my promotion to Asst. Manager. Seriously, I don't think anybody would imagine an Asst Manager without a hand phone. I managed to live with that. One faithful day, my boss was actually promoted. Everybody in the office were speculating that I'd be promoted in his place. As I remembered, it was 1st April when the promotion list was circulated. I nearly fainted... I was not promoted. Instead, they hired somebody from outside to join the company. Well, I was definitely heartbroken (wouldn't you?). I looked at the name... Alex Cheong. Found out that Alex is related to somebody in the BOD. What to do, fortune is not on my side. Really thought it was a lame April fool's joke.

Now, big boss wants me to train Alex and to bring my new Manager around to meet all suppliers and teach the newbie about different materials. Walaueh, didn't promote me still want me to help. Anyway, must take care of rice bowl first before doing anything hasty.

Time to start the training. I was told that the Alex will be waiting in the company's Prado with the driver. Last time, I am usually the only one in the car. Jealousy is still burning in me. Went to the lobby and sure enough, the prado is waiting with the driver, Alex's secretary... What? secretary? Alex gets a secretary but my old boss didn't?! Anyway, I hopped in the front next to the driver. I looked at the secretary, wow, never thought my HR dept would actually hire STY. She had her hair cut short to something that resembles Aaron Kwok in the early 90s, nice big eyes, fair skin... Guess is that she's almost the same age as me. As soon as I closed the door, uncle Wang (driver) started to roll out of the lobby.

I shot out, "Are we supposed to pick up Mr. Cheong somewhere else?" I was still ignoring the secretary. Uncle Wang gave me a cheeky smile and from behind the SYT OL said, "Hi you must be Lim. Nice to meet you." Luckily the prado was spacious enough for me to turn my whole body around. "Yes, I am Lim. And you are...?" What came out of her sweet voice next changed my life forever... As she extended her hand to greet me, "Hi, Alex..."