View Single Post
Old 31-10-2009, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about SEX -Your Sex Dictionary

Penis Enlargement: Does It Work? - Part 2

Penis enlargement risks and disasters

However, before you take out a penile improvement loan and slap your penis down on the operating table, it’s important to consider the risks. No major medical organization has approved of these surgeries for men with a normal penis. The American Urological Association stresses that they have not been proven safe or effective.

The few studies that have been done aren’t encouraging. The European Urology study looked at 42 men who had lengthening procedures and found that only 35% were satisfied with the results; 50% went on to seek further surgery.

“I’ve seen some real disasters,” says O’Leary, describing times he has repaired the damage caused by augmentation gone wrong. Known complications include scarring, infections, loss of a normal erection angle, decrease in sensation, and impotence. Occasionally, lengthening can actually make you shorter: Scar tissue reconnects the penis to the pelvis and draws more of the shaft into your body.

Other penis enlargement surgeries are available. In overweight or obese patients, the fat at the base of the penis may be removed by liposuction. While some surgeons will do both lengthening and widening at once as a deluxe package, others prefer to do them in stages.

While Rosenthal predicts that penis enlargement is about to become as common as breast enlargement, Solomon disagrees. He says the biggest obstacle is the price. Penis lengthening costs anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. But when it comes to widening, the cost of allograft alone is $5,000 to $7,000 ― omitting the costs of the surgery itself. To get the works, you might easily need more than $20,000.
Penis enlargement risks and disasters

However, before you take out a penile improvement loan and slap your penis down on the operating table, it’s important to consider the risks. No major medical organization has approved of these surgeries for men with a normal penis. The American Urological Association stresses that they have not been proven safe or effective.

The few studies that have been done aren’t encouraging. The European Urology study looked at 42 men who had lengthening procedures and found that only 35% were satisfied with the results; 50% went on to seek further surgery.

“I’ve seen some real disasters,” says O’Leary, describing times he has repaired the damage caused by augmentation gone wrong. Known complications include scarring, infections, loss of a normal erection angle, decrease in sensation, and impotence. Occasionally, lengthening can actually make you shorter: Scar tissue reconnects the penis to the pelvis and draws more of the shaft into your body.
Surgeons who do the procedures say they have good outcomes and serious complications are rare. “I’ve done thousands of these surgeries,” says Rosenthal. “Our techniques have improved a great deal and patients are benefiting.”

They are also tired of the argument that men who want this surgery need psychiatric help. This surgery just allows men to feel better about themselves, they say. Of course, there are risks, but that’s true of any cosmetic surgery. Would a woman who wants bigger breasts be called crazy? Why is penis enlargement any different?

O’Leary insists it is. Unlike breast augmentation, which has for better or worse become standard, penis augmentation has not.

“If I thought there was a legitimate procedure to augment the penis, I wouldn’t have any problem with it,” O’Leary says. “But we just don’t have an effective, proven, and safe way to offer it.”

Doctor-approved penis enlargement!

If you were hoping to find something that works, don’t despair. There is one penis enlargement technique that all doctors actually recommend: weight loss. Yeah, it’s a bit of a cheat, but it can help.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here