View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 60 / Power: 14
eugene_wong deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Can any bros here provide tips to stop cheonging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3someking View Post
Can any bros here provide guidance on how to stop cheonging?

Brief background about me.
I started cheonging visiting ktv when i finish ns and when i started working full time. I am 25 this yr and I admitted that I am very frugal in my spendings where I manage to save up to ard $20,000+ in my bank account as a 25 yr old (before i was intro to cheonging)

once in a while I would love to pamper myself and hence my fren intro me to ktv. I spend close to $3,000 for the past 5 mths thus far on ktv for all.
However, i feel like its way too much for me even I'm single and have no other commitments. Up till today even i spent that much amt, i would still have ard that amt due to the bonuses that i save up from my income.

Maybe its the money that cause me to cheong that much.
are there any tips to stop cheonging?
I'm the kind that dont like go on holidays, not a gadget lover, but rather spend my money on cheonging like ktv and stuffs.

any inputs are greatly much appreciated.
thanks in advance
I'm giving you good and valuable advice. It depends whether you are able to appreciate and understand.

It's all in the mind! Yes, just one sentence!

Now here is a little explanation. It starts with the mind. Every action starts from there. See no evil, think no evil, and will do no evil.

Actually, the key is to constantly fill your mind with healthy things.

Our mind abhors vacuum or emptiness. So it is very difficult to stop a habit. How often we hear people say it is very difficult to break a habit. However, one shouldn't try to break a habit. He should replace that habit with another habit!

Now how to fill your mind with healthy things? Keep yourself emotionally healthy. Associate with friends who do not cheong, for eg. truly religious people (not hypocrite)......have some hobbies that you are passionate about. Fill your time meaningfully. Keep socializing with those friends and occupy your time with passionate hobbies. After some time, you will find that quitting cheonging is not that difficult if you will decide to do what I have said...