View Single Post
Old 13-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up MOM work pass system kenna hacked by Ah Neh FT

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Man faces 113 charges of unlawful IT access

By Elena Chong

The Straits Times
Monday, May 13, 2013

A Man has been charged with 113 counts of unauthorised access to the Ministry of Manpower's appointment scheduling system.

Abdul Gafoor Jahangeer Basha, 33, was first hauled to court last December for knowingly causing a computer to illegally access the e-appointment system for MOM's Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC).

He allegedly accessed the log-in credentials from a file on the system on Nov 17 last year. Yesterday, 112 more charges were piled against him, including accessing the EPSC using other people's foreign identification numbers.

Gafoor, who used to work in an IT firm, allegedly used the log-in credentials of work pass or long-term pass applicants.

He is also accused of unauthorised modification of the contents of the appointment scheduling system and attempting to modify the records by changing the status of applications. All 113 alleged offences occurred between Oct 10 and Dec 4 last year.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Sanjiv Vaswani successfully applied for a gag order on details of the charges, saying publication would affect public security.

Gafoor, who was represented by Mr Anand Nalachandran, is out on police bail of $8,000.

His next pre-trial conference is on May 31.

[email protected]

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.