The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Should Macdonalds go for PWM?

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Saw this news that USA fastfood worker are asking for minimum pay. In SG we have PWM. But as I know it is being implemented based on sector. As we all know, mac in SG pays the lowest wage. Shouldn't they go for PWM as well?

Here is the news

Fast-food workers strike across US for US$15 minimum pay

Organisers said workers at major chains like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Taco Bell walked off their jobs in more than 190 cities, from Los Angeles and Phoenix to Chicago, New York and Washington.

For the first time since fast-food workers began walkouts two years ago, they were joined by workers from convenience stores and markets in 24 cities, the Fight for US$15 campaign said in a statement.

Employees in low-wage jobs and labour unions supporting them are pushing to raise the minimum hourly wage to US$15 - about double the current federal minimum of US$7.25.

Workers say they are fed up with pay that does not come close to keeping them out of poverty and the threat of retaliation from employers hostile to them joining or forming unions.

"Every day I look my kids in the face and they realise we live in poverty. They are the reason I fight," Terrence Wise, a 35-year-old father of three who is paid US$9.30 an hour at Burger King in Kansas City, Missouri, said in the statement.

At 10 major airports, baggage handlers, skycaps, wheelchair attendants and aircraft cleaners were demonstrating in support of the strikers, the organisers said. And home-care workers, which launched the Home Care Fight for US$15 in September, were protesting in more than two dozen cities from coast to coast, according to the Fight for US$15 campaign.

The movement has grown since a few hundred fast-food workers went on strike in late November 2012 to push for a "living wage" of US$15 an hour. A year ago fast-food workers launched day-long labour strikes, and their outcry has increasingly resonated in national politics.

"Fast-food workers deserve a livable wage to keep families out of poverty. When they fight, I'm proud to fight alongside them," said Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts Democratic senator, in a tweet.

President Barack Obama has faced stiff Republican opposition in his push for an increase in the minimum wage to US$10.10 to lift hundreds of thousands of people above the poverty line and reduce the widening income gap.

San Francisco and Seattle have adopted an local minimum wage standards of US$15; the state of California raised its lowest pay rate by US$1 to US$9 an hour in July.

On Thursday, even McDonald's food-service workers under contract with the federal government went on strike at the restaurant in the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Washington.

"At McDonald's we respect everyone's right to peacefully protest," the company said in a statement. McDonald's said about 90 per cent of its US restaurants are independently owned and operated by franchisees "who set wages according to job level and local and federal laws."

- AFP/de

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1