PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I have updated their romantic phrases in my list :D ;)
NO!!! You please don't stop updating.

There are also many romantic phrases contributed by Bro MaybeNot and Bro alexkidd in page 7 of this thread, http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/74792-tieng-viet-lovers-club-7.html.

jackbl
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes don't give up!!! Dun say u, I also up to now still cant pronounce word in those 6 tones. I also use vdict the Hard Way. Know the context and select 1 that has the nearer meaning.

Bro blur185, don't feel disheartened and don't give up.
I can understand that if you don't understand the 6 different tones and consommants of the Vn language, it can be quite a challenge to use the v.dict.

Before I know this thread, the most common sentence I smsed to my Vn girls is "Toi kg hieu"!!:confused:

jackbl
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM
1. Daily Greeting
==================
Chao e! E khoe kg? An gi chua? Dang lam gi vay?
Hello! How are u? Eat anything already? Wat are u doing?

Other than "CHAO e", you can use:
Xin chao/Chao=Hello
Chao Buoi Sang/Chieu/Toi=Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening

Ngu day chua? An com chua? Doi bung kg?
Wake up already? Eat rice already? Are u hungry?

Em moi ngu day, anh dang lam gi?
I just woke up, what are you doing?

hom nay em the nao?
how are you today?

anh khoe
I am well.

Anh binh thuong
I m as usual, normal

con em?
And you?

Alo, e dang o dau? Dang lam gi?
Hello, where are u now? What are u doing?

Answers:
o nha = at home
o khach san = in hotel
o cho = in market
o ngoai (duong) = at outside (road)
o chùa = in temple
o cho lam = at working place
o trung tâm buôn bán } in shopping centre
o trung tâm thương mại }

Lau lam khong gap
Long time no see

Cuoc song ra sao?
How’s life?

Moi viec the nao?
How is everything?

Cong viec the nao?
How is work going?

2.Wishing Good day/nite
=========================
Chuc em ngu ngon! Co giac mo dep!
Wish u good night! Have a nice dream!

Ngu som nhe!
Sleep early!

Dem nay em di ngu di...em se gap anh trong giac mo nhe
Go to sleep this night...you will meet me in your dream

Chuc a 1 ngay moi co that nhieu niem vui, hanh phuc va gap nhieu may man
Wish u a new day have really many joys, happiness and many lucks

3.Time
=================
Toi/Dem nay= Tonight
Hom/Bữa nay= Today
bây giờ, giờ đây, hiện nay, ngày nay=Now
Ngay mai = tomorrow
Hom qua = yesterday

gio nay=this time (now)
gio do=that time

đầu tuần = begining of the week
giữa tuần = middle of the week
cuối tuần = end of the week
*Sames applies for month (tháng) or year (năm).

Bay gio la may gio?
What time is it now?

Hnay e may gio di lam?
Today what time u go to work?

May gio xong viec?
What time finish work?

khi nao/chung nao=When

4. Special Occasion greeting
============================

1) Chuc Mung Nam Moi = Cung chúc tân xuân = Happy New Year

2) Cung hỉ phát tài = "Congratulations and be Prosperous" 恭喜发财

3) Van su nhu y = 萬事如意

4) mã đáo thành công = 马到成功

5) Tiền vô như nước = Money flow in like water

5. Romantic Phrases

Em co nho anh kg? A nho e nhieu lam! May ngay nay kg gap em, a rat buon.
Do u miss me? I miss u alot! These few days didnt meet u, I very sad

Anh Yeu Em
I love you

Anh Dien Cuong Vi Em
I'm crazy for you

Luc Nao Anh Cung Nghi Ve Em
I think about you all the time

Anh Nho Em
I miss you

Anh La Cua Em
I'm yours

Em La Doi Anh
You are my life

I will love you forever. - Anh sẽ yêu em mãi mãi.
I am yours forever. - Anh là của em mãi mãi.
I am unhappy when you're not around. - Anh rất buồn khi không có em bên cạnh.
You're my life. - Em là nguồn sống của anh.
I adore you. - Anh thương em.
You’re the only one I love - Em là người anh yêu
You're a good talker - Em nói chuyện hay qúa
I will always be here for you - Anh lúc nào cũng ở bên cạnh em
I love you with all my heart - Anh yêu em với tất cã trái tim cũa anh
It's nice to see you again - Anh rất mừng được gặp lại em
I want to know more about you - Anh muốn được biết em nhiều hơn

jackbl
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Finding the best in HCM City
=================================
VietNamNet Bridge – Although shocked by the scorching heat and the out-of-control city traffic, tourists are still keen to visit HCMC as it remains a fun place full of lively people who, for the most part, seem happy to be living here. There are many attractions here that give tourists an insight into the culture, history and daily life of Vietnam.

One factor that makes HCMC exceptional is the contrast between the old and the new, the ancient and the modern. Although dressed up with towering buildings, business centers and luxury hotels and restaurants, the city still preserves many places and buildings from earlier eras.

Tourists are told to visit Notre Dame Cathedral which was built by the French between 1863 and 1880 with bricks from Marseille. These bricks have retained their red color until today. The cathedral’s two 40 meter spires dominate the skyline and a statue of the Virgin Mary stands out front. The church is not only a place to discover colonial architecture, but a place for regular Christian services and a favorite place for Vietnamese brides and bridegrooms to have dozens of photos taken.

Reunification Palace in District 1 is a must-see for history buffs and is a historic landmark in HCMC. It was designed by architect Ngo Viet Thu as the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam during the war and the site of the official handover of power on April 30, 1975.

The palace covers about 12 hectares and is surrounded by trees and lawns. Although destroyed during the war, it was renovated and preserved as an important historical site.

The War Remnants Museum in District 3 displays the horrors of modern combat and the suffering inflicted on the Vietnamese people. The museum houses a collection of weapons, machinery, artifacts and horrific photos illustrating the devastating affects of napalm, Agent Orange and other weapons of mass destruction.

The Cu Chi Tunnels, about an hour’s drive from the city center by bus, represent the bravery and strength of the Vietnamese people. This extraordinary underground maze is divided into several levels of tunnels almost 250 kilometers in length. The soil above is between three and four meters thick. The network included accommodations, meeting rooms, mess halls, hospitals and even a miniature cinema for an underground army of Vietnamese revolutionary soldiers who emerged from concealed trapdoors to fight and gradually grind down the will of the French and Americans.

The History Museum and the Fine Art Museum exhibit paintings, historical artifacts and antique collections. They are venues for locals and tourists to admire works of arts as well as to learn more about Vietnamese culture and history.

Municipal Theater Ho Chi Minh City, or HCMC Opera House, is a fine example of French colonial architecture.

Built in 1897 by French architect Ferret Eugene, the 800 seat hall is a venue for concerts and music festivals. This building was the home of the Lower House Assembly of South Vietnam from 1956 until 1975 when it became a theatre again. It was last renovated in 1995.

Suoi Tien Theme Park in District 9, mainly for children and young people, is a fun place to relax with a roller coaster, water slides, an artificial beach and lake, and hungry crocodiles that love to be fed. Can Gio Ecology Tourism Park is a great place for nature lovers to find some head space in the green tranquility of the forest and sea.

China Town in District 5 is immediately distinguished by its fascinating labyrinth of Chinese-named streets, temples, restaurants, exotic stores, medicine shops and markets. Here, tourists can step into Binh Tay Market with its bustling trade or visit Thien Hau Pagoda to burn incense for good luck and good health.

Ben Thanh Market and An Dong Market are great for buying Vietnamese souvenirs and specialties, including food and household items.

Why not take a bus, bicycle or cyclo around HCMC to experience the amazing scenes and vote for your favorite city attractions at Saigon 100 Exciting (http://www.hcmc100e.info?)

VietNamNet/SGT

KangTuo
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
5. Romantic Phrases

Em co nho anh kg? A nho e nhieu lam! May ngay nay kg gap em, a rat buon.
Do u miss me? I miss u alot! These few days didnt meet u, I very sad

Anh Yeu Em
I love you

Anh Dien Cuong Vi Em
I'm crazy for you

Luc Nao Anh Cung Nghi Ve Em
I think about you all the time

Anh Nho Em
I miss you

Anh La Cua Em
I'm yours

Em La Doi Anh
You are my life

I will love you forever. - Anh sẽ yêu em mãi mãi.
I am yours forever. - Anh là của em mãi mãi.
I love you with all my heart - Anh yêu em với tất cã trái tim cũa anh

ALL these sms will be met with a reply

Anh xao nhieu nhieu :D

jackbl
03-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Then I will ask her, if cant write lidat, do i need to write "I no love u, i no need u, i no care for u, etc"??? Then u will be happy is it?

Hurricane88
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM

Bro KT, xao nhieu nhieu.......hehehee......:)

blur185
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
yah lor bro kt xao nhieu...

Em khoe kg, em dang lam gi do, em dang o dau, etc all these got reply...
that one all no reply

blur185
03-11-2009, 02:21 PM
tai sao em tra loi cau hoi?
is this hw i say why you answer my questions?

jackbl
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
It is logical to answer your questions, i dun find it weird....

Your sentence seems funny to me :confused: If dun answer your question, then wat she must do? Dun answer later kenna f*** by u lei...
tai sao em tra loi cau hoi?
is this hw i say why you answer my questions?

blur185
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
opps i think my phrasing wrong
tai sao em kg tra loi cau hoi?
is this correct when i ask her, why she didnt answer my qns.
sorry abt that

jackbl
03-11-2009, 02:47 PM
)(*&^%$#!@#$%^ next time write properly la, made me confused ..... :p ;) :D

Now u improved. U start to find out on your own first. You shd be proud of yourself. Self-learnt vietnamese language on the internet!!! Congrats!

sorry abt that

blur185
03-11-2009, 03:15 PM
but u havent tell me whether im right?
ps abt the wrong msg just now... hehe... careless la...

KangTuo
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Self-learnt vietnamese language on the internet!!!

Practical lesson at GL and JC
One to one lesson at 81 and fragrance
:p

KangTuo
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
sorry abt that

you are correct.
I not so long winded as you

I will write "sao e kg tl"

blur185
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
bro kt, when i reach ur standard i will also shortcut.... lol... now i learning... so must hardworking abit ma... lol learn full nxt time master can short cut tio bo?

blur185
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
em noi nho anh ma kg biet anh co tin em kg?
i hope im right
she says she does miss me but whether i believe her

blur185
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
or is it
she said she misses me understand do you believe me?

i think this is more right. Right?

KangTuo
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
em noi nho anh ma kg biet anh co tin em kg?
i hope im right
she says she does miss me but whether i believe her

Correct

or is it
she said she misses me understand do you believe me?

i think this is more right. Right?

Wrong

blur185
03-11-2009, 04:55 PM
dam.... should have believe in my first translation.... back to the work room..... =(

blur185
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
i got this 2 translation at vdict.
bạn đã hoàn thành công việc
bạn kết thúc công việc rồi
you finish work already
anh di lam ve chua?
why so different?

gosume
03-11-2009, 05:34 PM
you finish work already
anh di lam ve chua?
why so different?

anh di lam ve chua

di lam = work
ve = return
chua = yet

means have you return from work yet?

AdGuy
04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi to all my fellow Tieng Viet enthusiasts,

Just wanted to share with you all my pet project.

Basically, I personally feel that Tieng viet is a very difficult language to master simple by reading. More importantly, you need to listen more and speak more.

For those who do not have the luxury of visiting JC / GL often (like me), for whatever reason (time and money like me), I may have found a simple substitute.

May I present to you... (drum roll)

learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net

a free forum (non profit) with translations of my favourite KTV songs. I realised that through viet songs, I managed to pronounce words better and understand the language better.

I hope that this resource will be helpful to all bros who wish to master the language faster, and in the process, learn to sing a few nice songs to impress your bx and VBs.

I look forward to your comments as to how to make the site better, your active contributions towards the site, and your requests as to which other songs you wish to have translated.

This is still in trial version for my bros here only. So far, I have only managed to translate 10 songs but this number is set to grow very soon. I intend to take this site into the public domain so may I request that nothing about JC or geylang or lam tinh be discussed there?

Thanks all!

KangTuo
04-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I realised that through viet songs, I managed to pronounce words better and understand the language better.

I listen many viet song but till now never know the meaning of the songs. I don't sing many viet song either.. only 2 or 3 songs but dunno meaning.. sing no feeling.

I think I have to use this method to brush up my tieng viet roi. Else my standard always stuck at JC/GL standard. Never improve.

I always thought that go and drink more viet gals saliva, I can improve. :(

AdGuy
04-11-2009, 12:45 AM
I listen many viet song but till now never know the meaning of the songs. I(

That's why I started this, to help you understand the meaning of the songs.

So next time must hear you sing with feelings liao ok? Must see your VBs shed tears.

I always thought that go and drink more viet gals saliva, I can improve. :(

You drinking water from the wrong source. Go ask jackbl. haha

haha_123
04-11-2009, 01:04 AM

Aiyah bro, not so serious lah!

They only reply that you xao nhieu nhieu if you send the Vn phrases of

1) em la nguoi anh yeu - meaning you are the only one I love and

2) anh la cua em - meaning "I'm yours"!!!!:eek:

slk_angelz
04-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Bros, I am new to Viet language and need some help here .. I recently quarrel with my ger and she is ignoring me and ask me to forget her .. I don't know why .. Can someone PM me to help me with this situation ?? She will be leaving for Vietnam in 3 days time .. We are supposed to go together and now she suddenly like this, which makes me a bit lost .. Haiz !! I will be waiting for some helpful pple here to help .. Thanks a lot !!

naemlo
04-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Bros, I am new to Viet language and need some help here .. I recently quarrel with my ger and she is ignoring me and ask me to forget her .. I don't know why ..

Unless your love life is boardcast in the cinema, else who will understand what happened to her n u? U have to tell the whole story... is it because of money? because of .........:rolleyes:

Hurricane88
04-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Bros, I am new to Viet language and need some help here .. I recently quarrel with my ger and she is ignoring me and ask me to forget her .. I don't know why .. Can someone PM me to help me with this situation ?? She will be leaving for Vietnam in 3 days time .. We are supposed to go together and now she suddenly like this, which makes me a bit lost .. Haiz !! I will be waiting for some helpful pple here to help .. Thanks a lot !!

Aiyo..."Help I need somebody"...beatles song...:)

First of all, what you want to say to her..."must let us know you want to say la"...If i am you...forget about her lor...all this is KC game la...read the thread "Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner" will help you understand Vn gal better....plenty of Vn gals out there...:)

Sha_Gua75
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I recently quarrel with my ger and she is ignoring me and ask me to forget her .. I don't know why .. Can someone PM me to help me with this situation ?? She will be leaving for Vietnam in 3 days time .. We are supposed to go together and now she suddenly like this, which makes me a bit lost .. Haiz !! I will be waiting for some helpful pple here to help .. Thanks a lot !!

If she is a WL then forget about her and dump her. She ignore u suddenly is basically may mean u at not rich or there is someone richer and better you. change of target for her. IF not the above then u need more luck. U going into KC trap

KangTuo
04-11-2009, 01:57 PM

If she is a WL then forget about her and dump her. She ignore u suddenly is basically may mean u at not rich or there is someone richer and better you. change of target for her. IF not the above then u need more luck. U going into KC trap

How I wish every gal will ask me to forget her and ignore me 3 days before they leave :) save me all the trouble to dump them :D

blur185
04-11-2009, 02:50 PM
chac co le la tin
translate: well maybe believe.
hom nay anh di la co met kg, co nhieu cong viet kg
translate: today you work tired anot, (i dun understand)
am i right...

Reaper
04-11-2009, 03:21 PM
chac co le la tin
am i right...

"do you have alot of work to do?" = busy at work??

Reaper
04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
you finish work already
anh di lam ve chua?
why so different?

nah..give you another one..."Anh lam xong chua?"

There is more than one way to skin a cat....;)

blur185
04-11-2009, 03:25 PM
o... okok.... well got to practice on structuring.... hais back to drawing block.

blur185
04-11-2009, 03:31 PM
well can correct me?
duoc. phai di lam nhieu cong.
yes i have a lot of work?

blur185
04-11-2009, 03:46 PM
anh co nhieu cong viec phai lam
this shld be right.... i think so

KangTuo
04-11-2009, 03:57 PM
chac co le la tin
am i right...

well can correct me?
duoc. phai di lam nhieu cong.
yes i have a lot of work?

anh co nhieu cong viec phai lam
this shld be right.... i think so

u r close... good work

co nhieu cong viet kg = see reaper reply
yes i have a lot of work = Da, anh co nhieu viec lam
anh co nhieu cong viec phai lam = I have many work must do

blur185
04-11-2009, 04:08 PM
ok... got it cam on nhieu lam. but still got to work on the phrasing.... seems like my phrasing a bit out of place at times

SureScore
04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
ok... got it cam on nhieu lam. but still got to work on the phrasing.... seems like my phrasing a bit out of place at times

Its ok just try to sms to her. The gal will understand what you are trying to say. Then she will try to teach you and sure you will ask her to be your long hair dictionary. Then the rest is really up to you.

jackbl
05-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Came across a website that teaches vietnamese to chinese speaking person, lesson taught using chinese. I extract some/most and post here. Hope everyone dun mind. If it sucks please let me know, so that i wont post further :)

Vui học tiếng việt

越语轻松学,轻松学越语,你现在第一次在我们的节目当中为大家播出这个单元,为大家邀请到的就是台北市中山 社稷大学越南语言与文化的陈凰凤陈老师,来跟陈老师打个招呼,

hello,陈老师!

大家好,我是陈凰凤。

陈老师应该是很多听众朋友都非常熟悉哦,那么她在中山社稷大学开设了两门课程,一个是我们的《越南姐妹学中 文》,另外一个课程是《越南语言与文化》,而且呢陈老师编写的这个教材今年还获得了台北市政府教育局颁发的 优良教程,哇,真是太棒了。

也算是优良课程,是整个课程,我在教授方面跟我编写方面。

哦,所以呢,我们就在节目当中安排了这个小单元,邀请大家一起来轻松的学越语,好让越语可以轻轻松松地学习 。好,那今天因为是第一次单元的播出,当然我们要学的就是最基本的hello。

我们在哪里都一样,第一次碰到一个不认识的人或是曾经见过的人,我们都会先打招呼对不对,那今天我想介绍我 们这个单元就要如何打招呼哦。嗯,只是在越南跟我们台湾有一点不太一样,我们如果在台湾碰到一个人,只要说 “你好,你好!”,嗯,然后或是我们早上碰到,可以说“早安”,或是晚上也可以说“晚安”,对不对,可是我 们越南不分时段,我们每一个时段碰到一个陌生人,或是曾经认识过的人,我们都不用分时段,好, 那我就讲了哦

Xin chào

对 Xin chao 就是“您好”的意思,我们越南人不分时段,每个时段都可以这样讲。但是呢,越南人是很重视感情的,在很多方 面称呼的称谓部分,都用很亲切的方式来称呼对方。

如果对方年纪比我大,然后是男生,那我就可以叫他

anh

anh就是男生的“你”,也是“哥哥”的意思。

如果是男生,对我来说是长辈,或者是社会地位比较高的,或是我们不方便叫他哥哥的时候,我们可 以叫他

Ông

Ông 就是“先生”的意思,是比较尊敬、比较礼貌的称呼。

如果是对方是女生,年纪比我们大一点,我可以叫对方

Chị

Chị就是“姐姐”的意思,也是女生的“你”。

如果一个男生碰到一个女生,不方便叫人家姐姐的话,可以叫对方小姐,那么小姐怎么讲呢?就是

如果是男生、女生,年纪比我们小,那算是我们的晚辈,我们就可以叫他

Em

em是统称,男女都不分的,就是小弟弟、小妹妹我们都叫对方em。

好,现在我们来回顾一下,我们刚讲的Xin chao。

Xin chao 是我们一般和别人打招呼。

那如果我们想亲切一点跟对方打招呼,就可以说

Chao anh 就是“哥哥你好”

Chao ông 就是“先生您好”,就是刚才说的比较礼貌一点的。

Chao chị 就是“姐姐你好”。

Chao cô 就是“小姐你好”。

Chao em 就是对小弟弟、小妹妹的问候。

平常在越南,男生跟女生交往,如果是情侣的,男生会称自己是anh,称对方叫em,而女生会称自己是em, 称对方叫anh,所以请起来很亲切。如果你听到一对男女在讲话的时候,男生都称自己是anh,女生都称自己 是em,可能我们会才对方是男女朋友、或是情侣,或是夫妻。

jackbl
05-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Vui học tiếng việt
=====================
越语轻松学,轻松学越语,你现在第一次在我们的节目当中为大家播出这个单元,为大家邀请到的就是台北市中山 社稷大学越南语言与文化的陈凰凤陈老师,来跟陈老师打个招呼,

hello,陈老师!

大家好,我是陈凰凤。

陈老师应该是很多听众朋友都非常熟悉哦,那么她在中山社稷大学开设了两门课程,一个是我们的《越南姐妹学中 文》,另外一个课程是《越南语言与文化》,而且呢陈老师编写的这个教材今年还获得了台北市政府教育局颁发的 优良教程,哇,真是太棒了。

也算是优良课程,是整个课程,我在教授方面跟我编写方面。

哦,所以呢,我们就在节目当中安排了这个小单元,邀请大家一起来轻松的学越语,好让越语可以轻轻松松地学习 。好,那今天因为是第一次单元的播出,当然我们要学的就是最基本的hello。

Bài 1: 第一单元

我们在哪里都一样,第一次碰到一个不认识的人或是曾经见过的人,我们都会先打招呼对不对,那今天我想介绍我 们这个单元就要如何打招呼哦。嗯,只是在越南跟我们台湾有一点不太一样,我们如果在台湾碰到一个人,只要说 “你好,你好!”,嗯,然后或是我们早上碰到,可以说“早安”,或是晚上也可以说“晚安”,对不对,可是我 们越南不分时段,我们每一个时段碰到一个陌生人,或是曾经认识过的人,我们都不用分时段,好, 那我就讲了哦

Xin chào

对 Xin chao 就是“您好”的意思,我们越南人不分时段,每个时段都可以这样讲。但是呢,越南人是很重视感情的,在很多方 面称呼的称谓部分,都用很亲切的方式来称呼对方。

如果对方年纪比我大,然后是男生,那我就可以叫他 anh

anh就是男生的“你”,也是“哥哥”的意思。

如果是男生,对我来说是长辈,或者是社会地位比较高的,或是我们不方便叫他哥哥的时候,我们可 以叫他 Ông

Ông 就是“先生”的意思,是比较尊敬、比较礼貌的称呼。

如果是对方是女生,年纪比我们大一点,我可以叫对方 Chị

Chị就是“姐姐”的意思,也是女生的“你”。

如果一个男生碰到一个女生,不方便叫人家姐姐的话,可以叫对方小姐,那么小姐怎么讲呢?就是 Cô

如果是男生、女生,年纪比我们小,那算是我们的晚辈,我们就可以叫他 Em

em是统称,男女都不分的,就是小弟弟、小妹妹我们都叫对方em。

好,现在我们来回顾一下,我们刚讲的Xin chao。

Xin chao 是我们一般和别人打招呼。

那如果我们想亲切一点跟对方打招呼,就可以说

Chao anh 就是“哥哥你好”

Chao ông 就是“先生您好”,就是刚才说的比较礼貌一点的。

Chao chị 就是“姐姐你好”。

Chao cô 就是“小姐你好”。

Chao em 就是对小弟弟、小妹妹的问候。

平常在越南,男生跟女生交往,如果是情侣的,男生会称自己是anh,称对方叫em,而女生会称自己是em, 称对方叫anh,所以请起来很亲切。如果你听到一对男女在讲话的时候,男生都称自己是anh,女生都称自己 是em,可能我们会才对方是男女朋友、或是情侣,或是夫妻。

Bài 2: 第二单元

2. Anh khỏe không ? 你好吗?
Khỏe , cám ơn 好、谢谢
Vẫn thường 还好
Không khỏe lắm 不是很好

3. Tạm biệt 再见
Hẹn gặp lại 再会

Bài 3: 第三单元

1. ăn cơm 吃饭
phở , mì , bún 河粉 , 面 , 米粉

2. uống nước 喝水
cà-phê , trà , nước trái cây 咖啡 , 茶 , 果汁

Bài 4: 第四单元

1. một 一
2. hai 二
3. ba 三
4. bốn 四
5. năm 五
6. sáu 六
7. bảy 七
8. tám 八
9. chín 九
10. mười 十
11. mười lăm 十五
12. hai mươi 二十
13. hai mươi mốt 二十一

Bài 5: 第五单元

1. trăm 百
2. ngàn 千
3. mười ngàn 十千
4. đồng 元

Bài 6: 第六单元

1.Cái này bao nhiêu tiền ? 这个多少钱 ?
Cái này giá 299 đồng 这个价钱299元

2.Mắc quá 很贵喔
Rẻ quá 好便宜喔
Cũng tạm 还好

Bài 7: 第七单元

1.Bớt một chút được không ? 降价一点可以吗 ?
Không được đâu 不行啊 / 不可以啊
Bớt anh 10 đồng 降价10 元
Tính rẻ anh 10 đồng 便宜你10元

Bài 8: 第八单元

1. Cám ơn 谢谢
Không có chi 不谢
Đừng khách sáo 不客气

2. Xin lỗi 对不起
Không sao đâu 没关系
Không sao 没事

Bài 9: 表达需求

* muốn : 想要
1. Tôi muốn ăn mì 我想吃面
2. Tôi muốn uống nước 我想喝水
3. Tôi muốn đi nhà vệ sinh 我想上厕所

Bài 10: 第10单元

1.Làm ơn cho tôi một tô phở 麻烦给我一碗河粉

2.Làm ơn cho tôi mượn cây dù 麻烦给我借(借我)雨伞

3.Làm ơn cho tôi hỏi ,nhà vệ sinh ở đâu ? 麻烦、请问,厕所在哪里 ?

4.Ở đằng kia 在那边

Bài 11: 第11单元

Anh ăn cơm chưa ? 你吃饭了没有 ?
- ăn rồi 吃了
- chưa 还没有
Anh thích ăn gì ? 你喜欢吃什么 ?
Tôi thích ăn phở bò 我喜欢吃牛肉河粉

Bài 12: 人称代名词

1.Tôi 我
2.Anh / ông 你/您
3.cô / chị / bà 妳/姐姐/您
4.em 她/他

Bài 13: 人称代名词

*他
anh ấy (ảnh) / ông ấy (ổng) 他
cô ấy (cổ) / chị ấy (chỉ) / bà ấy 她
em ấy 他/她
nó 牠(它)/他

Bài 14: giới thiệu 介绍

* là 是
1. anh ấy là giáo viên 他是教员
2. chị ấy là sinh viên 她是大学生
3. em ấy là học sinh 她是学生

Bài 15: sở hữu 所有形态

1.mẹ của tôi 我的妈妈
2.vợ của tôi 我的太太
3.chị của tôi 我的姊姊
4.bạn của tôi 我的朋友

blur185
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
wah bro,
swee la... new form of education!!!!

jackbl
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Video clips introducing Vietnam language and its culture
=============================================

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·1-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/BXEgq4ZrNWM)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·1-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/8Tvup4Fh5aM)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·1-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/QkpudTPh7gI)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·1-4_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Fn228rN8qoY)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·1-5_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/k_ioAJdit2A)

jackbl
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Lesson 2 on vietnamese pronunication
=============================

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/z1OqzoTczUg)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NRWbbFHqGEk)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/TQ8yGVYZC5Y)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-4-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CCyHQZtmnw8)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-4-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/dOceTycIPTg)

haha_123
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Vui học tiếng việt
=====================

GREAT JOB, BRO.

But I still feel shy whenever i utter the words "chao chi" or "khong khoe lam".:o:p

AdGuy
06-11-2009, 01:21 AM
Bro Jackbl,

This thread will be quiet for the next few days without you ard.

Haha

KangTuo
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Bro Jackbl,

This thread will be quiet for the next few days without you ard.

Haha

nevermind. jackbl is going over to do more research and learn more tieng viet so that he can post more when he is back :D

SureScore
06-11-2009, 10:59 AM
nevermind. jackbl is going over to do more research and learn more tieng viet so that he can post more when he is back :D

Fully agreed. Bro jackbl needs to re-charge and re-energise to teach more tieng viet hoc viec.

hidetox
07-11-2009, 07:40 PM
have a nice trip jackbl! :)

zhu star
08-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Have a nice and safe trip from me too:) I receviced a odd msg that really cos me to pull out my hair, perhaps bro here can help me?

Ke ren pao le

SureScore
08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Have a nice and safe trip from me too:) I receviced a odd msg that really cos me to pull out my hair, perhaps bro here can help me?

Ke ren pao le

Sounds like mandarin to me.

KangTuo
08-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Ke ren pao le

Sounds like mandarin to me.

i see liao also blur....
but surescore say it sounds mandarin, it colud be

"customer runaway"

Hurricane88
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
i see liao also blur....
but surescore say it sounds mandarin, it colud be

"customer runaway"

Also sounds like customer booked her liao...:)

haha_123
08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

Ke ren pao le

I think "customer run away", perhaps without paying tips.

blur185
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
sounds totally mandarin.... hanyu pin ying

zhu star
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Thanks bro for all your help, it did not strike my mind that the msg may not be in Viet cos frankly the gal that msg me is Hua and I din expect her to know HunYu Pi Yin.

I think haha123 explaination is the most accurate. I suppose the best way to find out is to call her and ask.

Cheers:)

impossible
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Any kind bros could help me translate these 2 sentences

1. ongxa yeu qui cua e

2. ongxa co nho e kg

Thanks alot

AdGuy
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Any kind bros could help me translate these 2 sentences

1. ongxa yeu qui cua e

2. ongxa co nho e kg

Thanks alot

Not sure if there's such a word as qui... but if my guess is right...

1) Ong xa (husband) yeu (love) quy (precious) cua e (of mine)

2) Ong xa (husband) co (have) nho (miss) e (me) kg (or not)

By the way, just added 10 more translated songs to my forum for your singing pleasure

KangTuo
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
By the way, just added 10 more translated songs to my forum for your singing pleasure

this site is great. I can learn to sing more viet songs found in sillypore's ktv liao. :D

lovesprout
09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
To Recommend a good dictionary for learning tieng viet

You may have the same feelings as me that vdict.com is not very good sometimes. There are some simple words which cannot be found on vdict.com and it does not provide Chinese translation (As we know, some words in tieng Viet are directly translated from Chinese).

Recently I went to HCMC and bought a very good Dictionary. I would like to recommend this dictionary to interested brothers here. If you want to learn tieng viet but doesn't know which dictionary to use, you can try this one:

By: Huynh Dieu Vinh
Tu Dien
Viet-Han
越汉辞典

Publisher is Hieu Sach Ngoc Mai
Red cover

The price is only VND44,000!!

SureScore
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks bro for all your help, it did not strike my mind that the msg may not be in Viet cos frankly the gal that msg me is Hua and I din expect her to know HunYu Pi Yin.

I think haha123 explaination is the most accurate. I suppose the best way to find out is to call her and ask.

Cheers:)

Can help sure I help.

BTW, Thank you for upping my points and will return soon. Need to return alot of favours to those who upped me so please be patient and post regularly.

zhu star
09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Can help sure I help.

BTW, Thank you for upping my points and will return soon. Need to return alot of favours to those who upped me so please be patient and post regularly.

Aiya, small matter lah, the points is free anyway. I don't expect any return. If I can give them out 24/7 I will do it! Also you guys has been very helpful in term of translation and sharing of knowledge.

Cheers

chanyboy
09-11-2009, 08:56 PM
this site is great. I can learn to sing more viet songs found in sillypore's ktv liao. :D

...this site is great indeed.. I can't sing (yet), but everyday learning bit by bit... the cua, nho, co, han phuc, etc. - as I'm alone mostly <didn't go Vn-outlets> I can't practise well, just hope no one laugh when I "speak" in HCM...

Dunno when I would be 'eloquent' like VK, KT, the MIA-guy SS08, that also MIA JC kopi-boy..(oops, I mean 'boss') VL. If too eloquent vn-gfrens sure suspect...

KangTuo
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Dunno when I would be 'eloquent' like VK, KT, the MIA-guy SS08, that also MIA JC kopi-boy..(oops, I mean 'boss') VL. If too eloquent vn-gfrens sure suspect...

SS08 never goes MIA lah
My tieng viet is not fluent at all.

blur185
10-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Con 2 ngay nua la em ve vietnam roi(2 more days i going vietnam already), chung nao anh ranh va neu nhu anh that su muon gap em 1 lan truoc ngay em ve vietnam, em se gap anh vi em cung muon gap lah anh 1 lan nua, em noi nhu vay anh co hieu em kg?(This part i really cant figure it out. Something abt me wanting to see her and she wishing to see me) Chac anh dang lam viet phai kg chung nao ranh nt lai cho em nhe.

Too long of a msg and I.m totally lost... This few days all short short one easy to translate. This 1 come, i lost. Can brothers help out?

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Con 2 ngay nua la em ve vietnam roi(2 more days i going vietnam already), chung nao anh ranh va neu nhu anh that su muon gap em 1 lan truoc ngay em ve vietnam, em se gap anh vi em cung muon gap lah anh 1 lan nua, em noi nhu vay anh co hieu em kg?(This part i really cant figure it out. Something abt me wanting to see her and she wishing to see me) Chac anh dang lam viet phai kg chung nao ranh nt lai cho em nhe.

Too long of a msg and I.m totally lost... This few days all short short one easy to translate. This 1 come, i lost. Can brothers help out?

you are correct about wanting to meet/see each other

chung nao anh ranh va neu nhu anh that su muon gap em 1 lan truoc ngay em ve vietnam, em se gap anh vi em cung muon gap lah anh 1 lan nua, em noi nhu vay anh co hieu em kg?

when you are free and if you really want to meet me 1 time before the day I go vietnam, I will meet you because I also want to meet you 1 time, I say like this you understand or not?

blur185
10-11-2009, 10:09 AM
thanks for the help... long msg like very messy....

CuteBuns
10-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Its a super long message and I am totally lost. I know she is talking about her arriving in Singapore to work and me not seeing her, plus money issues......sigh...i hope I don't get emotional over it...my sincere thanks if anyone could help translate this:

Em noi roi em can tien lai singapo gap ah . khi anh noi em lai singapo kg di lam vay ma em lai may ngay roi anh kg gap em lam em buon lam khi anh kg y em nua. em kg ngu voi nguoi dan ong khat em wa day gap anh vi em anh. ma thoi neu anh nghi em la nguoi nhu vay. thi thoi. em kg buon anh kg dan ah dau

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Its a super long message and I am totally lost. I know she is talking about her arriving in Singapore to work and me not seeing her, plus money issues......sigh...i hope I don't get emotional over it...my sincere thanks if anyone could help translate this:

Em noi roi em can tien lai singapo gap ah . khi anh noi em lai singapo kg di lam vay ma em lai may ngay roi anh kg gap em lam em buon lam khi anh kg y em nua. em kg ngu voi nguoi dan ong khat em wa day gap anh vi em anh. ma thoi neu anh nghi em la nguoi nhu vay. thi thoi. em kg buon anh kg dan ah dau

I say already I need money, come sillypore see you. You say I come sillypore no go work but I come few days already, you don't meet me, make me very sad, you don't love me. I don't sleep with other guys, I come here see you because I (anh??). If you think I am this kind of person, nevermind, I am not sad about you, not angry (dan = gian??) you.

The meaning is about there. I hop it helps.
I leave out the direct translation for 'khi' and 'vay' as I myslef is damn blur on these 2 words... when to use it? how to use it? I learned and forget. :(

Hurricane88
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I say already I need money, come sillypore see you. You say I come sillypore no go work but I come few days already, you don't meet me, make me very sad, you don't love me. I don't sleep with other guys, I come here see you because I (anh??). If you think I am this kind of person, nevermind, I am not sad about you, not angry (dan = gian??) you.

I leave out the direct translation for 'khi' and 'vay' as I myslef is damn blur on these 2 words... when to use it? how to use it? I learned and forget. :(

khi = when or if (normally khi nao)
vay = like this or like that (normally is nhu vay)

I think this gal lazy to type longer.

Think your transaltion is almost there...:)

CuteBuns
10-11-2009, 11:26 AM

Thank you KangTuo!!! and Hurricane88 for the additional input too :)

SureScore
10-11-2009, 11:35 AM

Master KT now is the thay giao with master jackbl on sabbatical.

Keep it up master sir.

zhu star
10-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I salute all the bros here, so long msg also can translate!!!:)

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM

Keep it up master sir.
KT not a master here... just that master jackbl is enjoying himself in HCMC, I take over the task to keep the thread lively :D

I salute all the bros here, so long msg also can translate!!!:)

because I am very very free these dayz :D

zhu star
10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
KT not a master here... just that master jackbl is enjoying himself in HCMC, I take over the task to keep the thread lively :D
because I am very very free these dayz :D

I am also very free very day. I spent my day roaming the street cos I am out of job. Hope you are free not because u are out of job:D

naemlo
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I am also very free very day. I spent my day roaming the street cos I am out of job. Hope you are free not because u are out of job:D

I'm also very free during daytime when I'm in SG.. cause having day off before I go back to Hanoi... :D

blur185
10-11-2009, 01:28 PM
kg co co hoi de dap ung

kg co tinh co gap

which one is no chance to meet?

SureScore
10-11-2009, 01:43 PM
kg co co hoi de dap ung

kg co tinh co gap

kg co co hoi de dap ung = cannot can ask to reply to accept

kg co tinh co gap = no love can meet

lovesprout
10-11-2009, 01:50 PM
kg co co hoi de dap ung

kg co tinh co gap

Sorry I think SureScore's answer is incorrect

co hoi = opportunity (機會)
tinh co = by chance, happen to (剛好)
dap ung = agree/accept (同意)

kg co co hoi de dap ung = doesn't have chance to accept
kg co tinh co gap = doesn't happen to meet (沒有剛好遇到)

no chance to meet should be
1. kg co co hoi de gap
2. kg co dip de gap (dip = co hoi)

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM

roam the street and yet you can post.. really high tech and mobile
i am free but not out of job. I delegated my work down and only look s=at status. So I very free to surf SBF :D

zhu star
10-11-2009, 02:19 PM
roam the street and yet you can post.. really high tech and mobile
i am free but not out of job. I delegated my work down and only look s=at status. So I very free to surf SBF :D

Actually not out of job but rather semi retired and working from home, Joo Chiat and Geylang. Also Carry my laptop around lah. Once in a while have a peek at SBF when nobody is looking:D

zhu star
10-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm also very free during daytime when I'm in SG.. cause having day off before I go back to Hanoi... :D

When you going back to Hanoi? if free maybe have a drink with the gang before u go back.

SureScore
10-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry I think SureScore's answer is incorrect

co hoi = opportunity (機會)
tinh co = by chance, happen to (剛好)
dap ung = agree/accept (同意)

1. kg co co hoi de gap

Thank you for the correction.

naemlo
10-11-2009, 02:41 PM
When you going back to Hanoi? if free maybe have a drink with the gang before u go back.

Going back this weekend... :D

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 05:24 PM

the way you say it seems like you are a Hainoiann, nguoi bac :D

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 05:33 PM
jus like me last time back in 2003, i din know how 2 speck vietnamese and i went to vietnam.

I saw that you write 'speck' in the other thread when i read it. I thought it is a typo error. Now I see it here again. So it means it is now typo error

the actual spelling is 'speak' :)

speak = nói (in case you only remember tieng viet)

dingding75
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I knew that this thread are those bros that are interested in Vietnamese and recently I just posted two Vietnamese movies with Eng Subtitle in my thread both movies got actress Tran Nu Yên-Khê. Interested bros can go and download. Cám ơn :D

Cyclo (Xich lo)
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/4263716-post530.html

Mua he chieu thang dung (At the Height of Summer)
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/4269738-post533.html

Thom07
10-11-2009, 09:57 PM
This is what I learn recently.

There are some modal particles in Vietnamese (used at the end of a question) such as vay, the, day (w/o) tones. These particles have no lexical meaning but they do add some emotional meanings in spoken language (to make the conversation more interactive). They can be used interchangeably.

Examples:
1) Hom nay em dinh lam gi vay?
2) May gio em di lam the?
3) Em dang di dau day?

However, another modal particle, nhe, is used when the speaker makes a suggestion and expects the listener to agree with him/her.

Best example: bay gio em di khach san voi anh nhe!

KangTuo
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
This is what I learn recently.

There are some modal particles in Vietnamese (used at the end of a question) such as vay, the, day (w/o) tones. These particles have no lexical meaning but they do add some emotional meanings in spoken language (to make the conversation more interactive). They can be used interchangeably.

Examples:
1) Hom nay em dinh lam gi vay?
2) May gio em di lam the?
3) Em dang di dau day?

However, another modal particle, nhe, is used when the speaker makes a suggestion and expects the listener to agree with him/her.

Best example: bay gio em di khach san voi anh nhe!

i wonder the project you did is 'understand tieng viet'.
I don't know what is modal particle and what is lexical meaning.
Anyway please share some more.

em Thom07, Thu6 va Thu7 di uong bia NHE :D

jackbl
11-11-2009, 04:00 AM
I m. Esp meeting with Bro Deptrai :D
have a nice trip jackbl! :)

jackbl
11-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Hope u hv a great time in SGP. See u soon :D ;) If got time tomor, I will sms your singtel no (give it to me by PM nha)

slk_angelz
11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Need a little bit of help here .. Anyone know what this means ??

vua vao da thay chan nan roi, vui len nao, suot ngay cu sad sad sad..!!! ^^, nho gau qua gau oi khakhakha..!!!! Ve roi minh cung nhac nhit nha

Thanks ..

zhu star
11-11-2009, 09:02 AM

Let u know later when can jio u and the gang for TCSS, Btw, I may go to Hanoi early next year again, how long you station there? Or u married a NV gal and now becum one of them permamently!:p

Hurricane88
11-11-2009, 10:08 AM
I m. Esp meeting with Bro Deptrai :D

Enjoy yourself bro jackbl...dun worry bro KT is holding fort for you...:)

Thom07
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
i wonder the project you did is 'understand tieng viet'.
I don't know what is modal particle and what is lexical meaning.
Anyway please share some more.

Today I learn. Tomorrow I forgot. Atrocious memory I got which is why I cant progress much. With more bia, it will only worsen.

But with that 19-syt around, hmm.... :D

KangTuo
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Need a little bit of help here .. Anyone know what this means ??

vua vao da thay chan nan roi, vui len nao, suot ngay cu sad sad sad..!!! ^^, nho gau qua gau oi khakhakha..!!!! Ve roi minh cung nhac nhit nha

Thanks ..

just go in already dishearten, where can be happy, throughout the day also sad sad sad..!!! ^^, miss bear wah, bear oi. khakhakha..!!!! return already also "nhac nhit"

1) the recipent is known as 'Bear' to the sender.
2) nhac nhit... i don't know the meaning

slk_angelz
11-11-2009, 08:13 PM
just go in already dishearten, where can be happy, throughout the day also sad sad sad..!!! ^^, miss bear wah, bear oi. khakhakha..!!!! return already also "nhac nhit"

Ok .. Thanks a lot for your help !!

CuteBuns
12-11-2009, 12:52 AM
"Em y anh that ma that kg thay doi ma"

I love you truely...will not change....

I am not sure but is my translation correct? Thanks!!

KangTuo
12-11-2009, 08:30 AM

correct

I love you truely, truely will not change

zhu star
12-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Today I learn. Tomorrow I forgot. Atrocious memory I got which is why I cant progress much. With more bia, it will only worsen.

But with that 19-syt around, hmm.... :D

U can use my method, I always keep short msg in my template folder in my mobile phone. After awhile you will have enough template for normal use:)

Hurricane88
12-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Bro, so loving your baxa....keep enjoying yourself...:)

impossible
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Need bros to translate for me. I cannot seem to get it from dictionary.

A oi ! A co dong y cho e dam cuoi voi nguoi ta kg

Thanks alot

lovesprout
12-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Need bros to translate for me. I cannot seem to get it from dictionary.

A oi ! A co dong y cho e dam cuoi voi nguoi ta kg

Thanks alot

Dear, do you agree I get married with others?

Dong y = agree
dam cuoi = wedding
nguoi ta = people

Another KC game just starts! :cool:

KangTuo
12-11-2009, 09:43 PM

i asked a hcm gal what 'nhac nhit' means. she also don't know.
she say she from south. this is a word from north.
too bad that i got no contact with hanoi gals

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Now u very free and generous to help out in translation and very to a great extend to translate songs! Cheers to u for the great effort :D My viet improved alot after reading your forum.

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:40 AM
We look forward to your translation in the coming DAYS.
Also you guys has been very helpful in term of translation and sharing of knowledge.

Cheers

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Why be alone? Why not join the group for weekly JC/GL outings?
as I'm alone mostly <didn't go Vn-outlets> I can't practise well, just hope no one laugh when I "speak" in HCM...

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:44 AM
I can see that u start to pick up the language liao, not bad.... Slowly slowly u will become better. Cheers!!!!
Con 2 ngay nua la em ve vietnam roi(2 more days i going vietnam already)

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Bro, this week u very helpful in translating for ppl. I see all the request to translate, i headache liao, so many chim chim words.... and u translate it as easy as ABCs :D
when you are free and if you really want to meet me 1 time before the day I go vietnam, I will meet you because I also want to meet you 1 time, I say like this you understand or not?

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Bro, u hv been doing great on these sms. I m surprised/impressed u can translate these sms 200-400% better than u speak :D This gal's sentence construction is not good so we cant translate it using our way of thinking.

jackbl
13-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Master KT is a better thay giao than me, he is more helpful and willing to help with simple sentence whereas i will ask the person to refer to my translation list and self-help first before i come in. :cool:
Sir SureScore, what is sabbatical huh?

jackbl
13-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Bro, u hv done very well in translation... I think u hv improved alot from the time u meet hanh(Haiphong) till now... Cheers!

1. kg co co hoi de gap

CuteBuns
13-11-2009, 10:13 AM
correct

I love you truely, truely will not change

Thanks KangTuo!!! :)

CuteBuns
13-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Bro, so loving your baxa....keep enjoying yourself...:)

Aiyah, listen can already. Talk is cheap u know :D

jackbl
13-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry typo error...and done very well to a great extend to translate songs!
Now u very free and generous to help out in translation and very to a great extend to translate songs!

Hurricane88
13-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Bro, this week u very helpful in translating for ppl. I see all the request to translate, i headache liao, so many chim chim words.... and u translate it as easy as ABCs :D

Yes, agree with you...Master KT was impressive...nothing challenging for him liao...similar to his KC game....:)

Hurricane88
13-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Aiyah, listen can already. Talk is cheap u know :D

hahaha...yes true true true...how many baxa you have?....:)

CuteBuns
13-11-2009, 11:05 AM
hahaha...yes true true true...how many baxa you have?....:)

I not like KangTuo leh, can have multiple bx at any time :p

I like to "romance" one every few months :D

lovesprout
13-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Bro, u hv done very well in translation... I think u hv improved alot from the time u meet hanh(Haiphong) till now... Cheers!

I tried to use my Tieng Viet every day so surely it improves steadily but slowly. Probably it will take another 1~2 year before my Tieng Viet can catch up you and Bro KangTuo.

SureScore
13-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Master KT is a better thay giao than me, he is more helpful and willing to help with simple sentence whereas i will ask the person to refer to my translation list and self-help first before i come in. :cool:

By definition Sabbatical is "leave of absence - the period of time during which you are absent"

Master jackbl and KT are both good thay giao.

zhu star
13-11-2009, 12:01 PM

I can help cos most of the gals I know are from the north. Will ask them later

zhu star
13-11-2009, 12:05 PM
We look forward to your translation in the coming DAYS.

Hahahaha me help you ppl to translation? I almost fall off my throne (I mean my office chair)the sun must be raising from the west and I think you have breathe too much Vietnamese air in HCMC. My level not even nursry level. The only thing I can help is perhaps translation of words only spoken by the northern ppl.

zhu star
13-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Why be alone? Why not join the group for weekly JC/GL outings?

I can join your weekly outing to JC/GL cos sometimes drinking alone is very buon. Also can improve my Viet faster

Thom07
13-11-2009, 01:40 PM

Ok I go ask.

blur185
13-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I can see that u start to pick up the language liao, not bad.... Slowly slowly u will become better. Cheers!!!!

thanks for the complement. but bx ve viet nam roi. lam sao day? heng got 1 more long hair dict but just a friend...

Thom07
13-11-2009, 03:47 PM

nhac nhit is a local term from the North, its meaning is "thinking, talking about that (maybe you) non-stop."

KangTuo
13-11-2009, 07:58 PM
nhac nhit is a local term from the North, its meaning is "thinking, talking about that (maybe you) non-stop."

1) either you quitely keep a hanoi galfriend or
2) your school project is 'understanding tieng viet' :D

KangTuo
13-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Bro, this week u very helpful in translating for ppl.

because i am very free :D

Bro, u hv been doing great on these sms. I m surprised/impressed u can translate these sms 200-400% better than u speak This gal's sentence construction is not good so we cant translate it using our way of thinking.

i train to much in JC/GL already, so i am using the girls thinking to translate.
true... i can't speak tieng viet accurately.

as what Adguy say, i need to consult you on the source of water to drink.
I drink saliva, seesm like wrong source :p

Master KT is a better thay giao than me, he is more helpful and willing to help with simple sentence whereas i will ask the person to refer to my translation list and self-help first before i come in.

you are back, baton pass back to you ;)

lovesprout
13-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I would like to ask bros here two sentence:

1. xa tot nhin gia (I guess she means that something makes she looks old, but I am not sure).

2. anh khong chai may (This one I totally have no idea).

slk_angelz
13-11-2009, 09:57 PM
tang ne .. Anyone can help me with these 2 words ?? Thanks !!

jackbl
14-11-2009, 09:15 AM
ONs, we will rely on your help then. U got good teacher in ah HUA :p
The only thing I can help is perhaps translation of words only spoken by the northern ppl.

jackbl
14-11-2009, 09:21 AM
U always drink "water from the below" so its wrong......
Sorry u hv done a good job so no point taking it back..... i hv no patient to translate :D
as what Adguy say, i need to consult you on the source of water to drink.
I drink saliva, seesm like wrong source :p

you are back, baton pass back to you ;)

jackbl
14-11-2009, 09:25 AM
See... u r doing well in this language. Next time if u need Bro KT to translate, try writing your interpretation first and if its wrong, bro KT will correct u :D
thanks for the complement. but bx ve viet nam roi. lam sao day? heng got 1 more long hair dict but just a friend...

jackbl
14-11-2009, 09:43 AM
This movies's part 2 cant be d/l liao :(
Interested bros can go and download. Cám ơn :D

Cyclo (Xich lo)
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/4263716-post530.html

zhu star
14-11-2009, 10:38 AM
ONs, we will rely on your help then. U got good teacher in ah HUA :p

Actually she not the one helping me with these word most. There is one SG guy in JC that speak perfect northern Viet lang.

jackbl
14-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Intro him to me. We go singing at JC :D ;)
Actually she not the one helping me with these word most. There is one SG guy in JC that speak perfect northern Viet lang.

KangTuo
14-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I would like to ask bros here two sentence:

1. xa tot nhin gia (I guess she means that something makes she looks old, but I am not sure).

1) far good, looks old
2) don't know the content of your conversation, know idea how to translate

tang ne .. Anyone can help me with these 2 words ?? Thanks !!

do you know a girl ah Tang?
my guess is that she is telling you "i am Tang"

lovesprout
14-11-2009, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=KangTuo;4285088]1) far good, looks old
2) don't know the content of your conversation, know idea how to translate

I think the first one you are right. This conversion happened when she looked at herself into the mirror, and uttered "xa tot nhin gia". Like some brothers mentioned here, some girls are "good from far, but far from good". :D

jackbl
14-11-2009, 03:02 PM
My simple guess, could it be she asking u whether u ride motor or drive a car? Sorry if i give u wrong info :cool:

lovesprout
14-11-2009, 03:21 PM
My simple guess, could it be she asking u whether u ride motor or drive a car? Sorry if i give u wrong info :cool:

Thanks. You could be right. The fact is I only ride her, but I don't ride motorcycle. :D

Have you came back from HCMC? why so "ranh" posting here every day?

jackbl
14-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe she asking u why u dun ride her again? She want u to ride cos ur skill v good :p
I m back.... last trip didnt see many many many hcmc cgai as busy on travelling :eek:
Thanks. You could be right. The fact is I only ride her, but I don't ride motorcycle. :D

Have you came back from HCMC? why so "ranh" posting here every day?

jackbl
14-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Continue with lesson on pronounciation

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/p-MRHqH0U-s)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/v_xSL-d8FvQ)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2HYJnigds4g)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-4_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Vwi8qeqFdkE)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-5-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/RO3f3jqmZE8)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·3-5-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/v7B2p79KJrk)

Lesson 2 on vietnamese pronunication
=============================

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/z1OqzoTczUg)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NRWbbFHqGEk)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/TQ8yGVYZC5Y)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-4-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CCyHQZtmnw8)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·2-4-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/dOceTycIPTg)

yydick
14-11-2009, 05:04 PM
hi to all brother here

i oso very like chiong m51 very happening..
can bros help did ur know 1 gl call ah ling stay at lor 28? normal look but c cup:D

jackbl
15-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Lesson 4 on Vietnamese pronunciation

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·4-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/J4pZ1F4HAgM)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·4-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7InXe_ZBM-I)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·4-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/dS7rxiJ_ItA)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·4-4_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë·ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/9dDKEn1en6E)

¡¶³Â»Ë·ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡·Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡·4-5_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë·ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vmjtyUI_tPU)

Lesson 2 on Vietnamese pronunciation

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•2-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/z1OqzoTczUg)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•2-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë•ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/NRWbbFHqGEk)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•2-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/TQ8yGVYZC5Y)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•2-4-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë•ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CCyHQZtmnw8)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•2-4-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/dOceTycIPTg)

Lesson 3 on Vietnamese pronunciation

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë•ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/p-MRHqH0U-s)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/v_xSL-d8FvQ)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-3_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë•ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2HYJnigds4g)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-4_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Vwi8qeqFdkE)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-5-1_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ Ô½ÄÏÓï ³Â»Ë•ï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/RO3f3jqmZE8)

¡¶³Â»Ë•ïÔ½ÄÏÓï¡•Ö®¡¶Ô½ÄÏÓïÑÔÓëÎÄ»¯¡•3-5-2_ÔÚÏßÊÓƵ¹Û¿´_ÍÁ¶¹ÍøÊÓƵ ³Â»Ë•ï Ô½ÄÏÓï (http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/v7B2p79KJrk)

JaViEr84
15-11-2009, 03:07 PM
hi bros who are out here.. if anyone who is good in tieng viet can help with translating the below? Tried vdict but quite limited translation.. paiseh cos the writingreally abit messy cant understand fully some l seem like t like that..

xx o lai manh khoe
cho chi gui loi tham gia dinh xx
chuc xx tuon thanh cong trong cong viec
chuc xx va lam se den duoc voi nlau

hidetox
15-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Welcome back bro jackbl! nho anh nhieu nhieu! :D

I shall sing hay ve day ben anh in HM tonight to celebrate your return! :D

v.killers
15-11-2009, 04:54 PM
U always drink "water from the below" so its wrong......

Wahahahahahaha.....:D:D Good one.....sulate U Master Jack :D

lovesprout
15-11-2009, 05:50 PM
xx o lai manh khoe = xx stays here strong and healthy

cho chi gui loi tham gia dinh xx = let sister bring words (when??) visit family of xx

chuc xx tuon thanh cong trong cong viec = wish xx successful in work

chuc xx va lam se den duoc voi nlau = wish xx and lam will be able to arrive together.

Thom07
15-11-2009, 09:10 PM
1) either you quitely keep a hanoi galfriend or
2) your school project is 'understanding tieng viet' :D

Nope. Way-off. ;)

Hurricane88
16-11-2009, 09:31 AM
xx o lai manh khoe = xx stays here strong and healthy

cho chi gui loi tham gia dinh xx = let sister bring words (when??) visit family of xx

chuc xx tuon thanh cong trong cong viec = wish xx successful in work

chuc xx va lam se den duoc voi nlau = wish xx and lam will be able to arrive together.

wow damn chim...really master class...:)

tomcat007
16-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Bro JackBL for the lessons on Tudou.

I did a search on www.chenghuangfeng.com and read throught the FAQ. If you guys like to have all the lessons downloaded to your PC, can go to this url:

越南语言与文化 - Windows Live (http://cid-1c3dd7c4c33376d8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/%E8%B6%8A%E5%8D%97%E8%AF%AD%E5%AD%A6%E4%B9%A0%E8%B 5%84%E6%96%99%E5%85%8D%E8%B4%B9%E4%B8%8B%E8%BD%BD/%E9%99%88%E5%87%B0%E5%87%A4%E8%B6%8A%E5%8D%97%E8%A F%AD/%E8%B6%8A%E5%8D%97%E8%AF%AD%E8%A8%80%E4%B8%8E%E6%9 6%87%E5%8C%96)

It's all the lessons by the same teacher, just that it's all available for download. The videos are in FLV format. You should be able to open it with VLC Player. If any of you guys wants the video in MP4 format (to view on your iPod/iPhone/iTouch), drop me a PM.

tomcat007
16-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi folks,

does anyone know nice and popular vietnamese songs? Currently I have a couple but would like to add more to my library.

Thanks...

jackbl
16-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks for this valuable piece of info. The FLV file can also be viewed using REAL player :)
Thanks Bro JackBL for the lessons on Tudou.

It's all the lessons by the same teacher, just that it's all available for download. The videos are in FLV format. You should be able to open it with VLC Player. If any of you guys wants the video in MP4 format (to view on your iPod/iPhone/iTouch), drop me a PM.

SureScore
16-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi folks,

does anyone know nice and popular vietnamese songs? Currently I have a couple but would like to add more to my library.

Thanks...

Can check out this thread http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/140708-vietnamese-songs-lyrics-thread-soothing-your-heart.html

Also, check out this thread http://www.sammyboyforum.com/sammyboy-link-picture-exchange-plaza/153379-learning-viet-thru-music-bros-keen-learning-language.html#post4260903

zhu star
16-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Can any bro help me with the following translation?

Sao roi bua nt cho toi kg co nt lai dao qua dc het chua khi nao ve dt cho toi nghe

Thks

jackbl
17-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Your sms a bit chim leh....

Why xx xx sms to me, no sms xxxxxxxxx, when go back, call me ok...

After reading this sms, it caused me to hv headache :(
Sao roi bua nt cho toi kg co nt lai dao qua dc het chua khi nao ve dt cho toi nghe

Thks

lovesprout
17-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Maybe she asking u why u dun ride her again? She want u to ride cos ur skill v good :p
I m back.... last trip didnt see many many many hcmc cgai as busy on travelling :eek:

My skill must be very good for her, because this is my first time FOC. suong qua :D

I just asked her again, and she said the sentence should be "anh khong chat may", but I am still very blurred even though she explained to me twice. Anyone here can help?

zhu star
17-11-2009, 04:09 PM

Cam on nhieu2:)

KangTuo
17-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Can any bro help me with the following translation?

Thks

yes.. its a headahce trying to translation.. especially without punctuations.
also dunno the content of the conversation.

Think for 1 day already... my translation

Sao roi? bua nt cho, toi kg co nt lai dao qua dc. het chua? khi nao ve, dt cho toi nghe.

How is it? yesterday/today sms, I cannot sms over. finish yet? when back, call me.

1) When i search the word 'dao' and 'qua'... both did give explanation about the word 'over'.
2) 'bua' is either yesterday/today... i heard gals saying and also recieve sms 'hom bua' and 'bua nay'

another version:
Sao roi? bua nt cho toi. kg co nt lai dao qua dc het? chua! khi nao ve, dt cho toi nghe.

How is it? yesterday/today sms me. cannot sms over everything issit? GOD! when back, call me for me to listen.

:D

zhu star
17-11-2009, 04:50 PM
yes.. its a headahce trying to translation.. especially without punctuations.
also dunno the content of the conversation.

Think for 1 day already... my translation

Sao roi? bua nt cho, toi kg co nt lai dao qua dc. het chua? khi nao ve, dt cho toi nghe.

How is it? yesterday/today sms, I cannot sms over. finish yet? when back, call me.

1) When i search the word 'dao' and 'qua'... both did give explanation about the word 'over'.
2) 'bua' is either yesterday/today... i heard gals saying and also recieve sms 'hom bua' and 'bua nay'

another version:
Sao roi? bua nt cho toi. kg co nt lai dao qua dc het? chua! khi nao ve, dt cho toi nghe.

How is it? yesterday/today sms me. cannot sms over everything issit? GOD! when back, call me for me to listen.

Now I go crazy over your translation.:confused:

AdGuy
17-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Can check out this thread http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/140708-vietnamese-songs-lyrics-thread-soothing-your-heart.html

Also, check out this thread http://www.sammyboyforum.com/sammyboy-link-picture-exchange-plaza/153379-learning-viet-thru-music-bros-keen-learning-language.html#post4260903

I thank you for your support.

More songs in the midst of translation. Will update soonest

SureScore
18-11-2009, 09:54 AM
I thank you for your support.

More songs in the midst of translation. Will update soonest

You are welcome. Please keep sharing.

jackbl
18-11-2009, 10:38 AM
李总理将亲往海防市主持仪式
========================================
(2009-11-17)

李显龙总理接受越南总理阮晋勇的邀请,明年初将赴越南北部一级城市海防市一起为第四座最能体现两国密切合作 关系的越南—新加坡工业园主持动土仪式。

纳丹总统昨晚在总统府为越南国家主席阮明哲而设的国宴上讲话时,形容于1996年在平阳省落成的第一座 ,以及后来分别在北宁省和海防市增建的越新工业园已成为“代表新越两国的密切经济合作与日益加强的双边关系 的耀眼象征”。

规模最大越新工业园

阮明哲在国宴上致辞时也赞扬越新工业园已在越南成为著名商标,突显了新越成功的合作关系,并表示期待李 总理明年一月到海防市为占地1600公顷,为至今规模最大的越新工业园主持动土仪式。他应纳丹总统邀请,昨 天起对我国作两天国事访问。

除了海防市越新工业园,新越合资发展的另外三座工业园分别是平阳省的两座,即越新工业园和平阳省城镇与 工业园,以及近两年开发的北宁省越新工业园。

纳丹总统说,新越双方的高层互访相当频密,使双边政治关系有了稳固的基础。与此同时,尽管面对环球金融 风暴的冲击,两国经济关系还是继续深化。而新越不断加快的民间交流与不断扩大的文化联系,也有助推动双边关 系。

“随着双边关系的拓展,两国应继续寻找新的合作领域。新越最近签订的国防合作协定代表双边关系的另一里 程碑。我们希望这将为两国的国防机构进一步发展友谊提供平台。”

对此,阮明哲表示同意,并指出除了政治与经济,两国在教育、培训、旅游、文化、科技、安全、国防等方面 的合作,使双边友好合作关系更积极。

“我希望重申越南同新加坡长期继续发展密切与牢固的合作关系的高度意愿。我们一直将新加坡视为越南各个 领域最重要的区域合作伙伴之一。”

两国在2005年签订《新越联系框架协定》,为双方在贸易与服务、投资、教育与培训、信息科技、金融及交通 这六个主要领域提供加强合作的基础。去年,新加坡不仅是越南的第五大贸易伙伴,也是当地五大投资国之一,累 计投资额高达169亿美元。
  阮明哲昨天也分别同李总理、国务资政吴作栋和内阁资政李光耀会晤,就如何进一步促进两国横跨经贸、投资 、教育及人力资源发展等广泛课题进行交流。

VietnamLover
18-11-2009, 02:29 PM
jackbl, how was your recent trip to Vietnam? Enjoyable? :)

jackbl
19-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi all, do u find the lessons taught in Mandarin useful? Please comment :)
Lesson 4 on Vietnamese pronunciation

jackbl
19-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Every trip brings new sighting for me.... U shd go there too :D :p
jackbl, how was your recent trip to Vietnam? Enjoyable? :)

CuteBuns
19-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Lesson number 1: Nothing is free :)

Not that I am sad, I was expecting this type of sms soon.....

Neu anh nghi em la ban gai cua anh kg the nao anh kg cho bao nhieu do duoc. vi bay gio em dag can tien cha cho ong chu moi ngay lam du tien nha tien an ma thoi

This was her response when I sms her my unwillingness to pass her money. I only know some of it.

Is it something like :

"If you don't think of me as your girlfriend.....you don't......So now I ....everyday work for money home............

anyone can help with the rest on what she is lecturing me on? :D

KangTuo
19-11-2009, 10:02 PM

Neu anh nghi em la ban gai cua anh kg the nao anh kg cho bao nhieu do duoc. vi bay gio em dag can tien cha cho ong chu moi ngay lam du tien nha tien an ma thoi

This was her response when I sms her my unwillingness to pass her money. I only know some of it.

Is it something like :

"If you don't think of me as your girlfriend.....you don't......So now I ....everyday work for money home............

very common sms from the vn gals. ask money to pay boss...

translation:
if you think I am your girlfriend, "kg the nao" you can give me anything. because now I need money return (tra, not cha) boss. everyday work, just enough money pay rental and eat.

aiyo... 'kg the nao' i dunno how to translate... pai seh sia :o

AdGuy
19-11-2009, 10:19 PM
very common sms from the vn gals. ask money to pay boss...

translation:
if you think I am your girlfriend, "kg the nao" you can give me anything. because now I need money return (tra, not cha) boss. everyday work, just enough money pay rental and eat.

aiyo... 'kg the nao' i dunno how to translate... pai seh sia :o

Actually hor... when I read it, my interpretation (most likely wrong) is

... cannot like that... you don't give me money how can?...

KangTuo
19-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Actually hor... when I read it, my interpretation (most likely wrong) is

... cannot like that... you don't give me money how can?...

Anyway the whole meaning is:

"I am your girlfriend, you give me money, else I find another boyfriend" :D

AdGuy
19-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyway the whole meaning is:

"I am your girlfriend, you give me money, else I find another boyfriend" :D

More like... you want free F***, you tan ku ku.

@#$%%^ :D

CuteBuns
19-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Now she sms me 'Anh dag lam gi em noi lam anh buon ha"

or translated as what you doing now, I speak wrongly you sad is it

sigh.....don't know whether i should move on or not. Two of my friends say she is very good gal and I treat her miserly. I tell them this " she good girl or not no one know. I don't know what she do behind my back. And by the way, this gal are very street smart, don't underestimate her......her KC power better than me :D

vagrant
19-11-2009, 11:57 PM
More like... you want free F***, you tan ku ku.

@#$%%^ :D

Lol, this summarizes how most vb think ba :D

jackbl
20-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Wat u doing? wat I say make u sad huh?

Initially just treat her as per normal gal u meet, if she is good to u, then treat her better lor. ;)

Two of my friends say she is very good gal and I treat her miserly. I tell them this " she good girl or not no one know. I don't know what she do behind my back. And by the way, this gal are very street smart, don't underestimate her......her KC power better than me

KangTuo
20-11-2009, 12:21 AM
ah jackbl ah... just come back from your adventure in lor 18 ha?
what is there in lor 18?

KangTuo
20-11-2009, 12:28 AM

or translated as what you doing now, I speak wrongly you sad is it

sigh.....don't know whether i should move on or not. ......her KC power better than me :D

hhhmmm.... interesting.
so what you reply?
as for me, i will reply "e kg lam cho a buon nhung lam cho a buon hon, rat buon, buon lam...."

then wait for her reply...

retire
20-11-2009, 03:24 AM

Is it something like :

if you think i'm your gf, its not acceptable that you cannot give me that amount of money, because i need money right now to pay back to my boss..money from work is only enough for rental and meals...

leecs
20-11-2009, 08:23 AM
this type of GF can ask her to fuck off. Its $$$ that she wants..

jackbl
20-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Hi Sir, which words in "anh kg the nao anh kg cho bao nhieu do duoc" means "that amount of money"?

if you think i'm your gf, its not acceptable that you cannot give me that amount of money, because i need money right now to pay back to my boss..money from work is only enough for rental and meals...

SureScore
20-11-2009, 10:04 AM
sigh.....don't know whether i should move on or not. Two of my friends say she is very good gal and I treat her miserly. I tell them this " she good girl or not no one know. I don't know what she do behind my back. And by the way, this gal are very street smart, don't underestimate her......her KC power better than me :D

Where got true love for WL. They are here to earn money.

naemlo
20-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Where got true love for WL. They are here to earn money.

U have me always supporting this statement. :cool:

jackbl
20-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Women workers and their sad love affairs
=================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Alone, far from home, living a poor life, women workers easily fall into love affairs. Far too often end these end tragically, reports VietNamNet in the third article in of its series on life in some of Vietnam’s industrial zones (IZ).

The owner of some boarding houses near an industrial zone in Binh Duong province says that worker couples often share rooms saying they are husband and wife.

Sharing a room

The phenomenon of unmarried couples sharing rooms has become common among workers in industrial and export processing zones (IZ) in the greater HCM City area. It’s an unavoidable fact when young people live far from home, starved for affection and in poor living conditions.

The owner of some boarding houses near an industrial zone in Binh Duong province says that worker couples often share rooms saying they are husband and wife. Whenever they say goodbye to each other or quarrel, however, the room owners or their neighbours know that they are not married, but living together on a trial basis.

Many sad stories have resulted from such love affairs.

P and K were workers at the Amata Industrial Zone in Dong Nai province. After they knew each other for a short time, they shared a room. When K became pregnant several months later, P disappeared. Painfully betrayed, K committed suicide in the hired room.

Many female workers have abortions; that’s bad enough, but even worse, there have been cases when workers have abandoned their newborn babies.

One day about a year ago, the people around the Viet Huong Industrial Zone were shocked when a worker who packed her baby in a black plastic bag and left it in a dustbin. Luckily, a boarding house owner discovered and adopted the baby.

Recently, a worker in an industrial zone in Binh Duong delivered a child in a grassy plot near her room and left the baby there. Again, a boarding house owner found out the baby but, after a night in the open air, the baby died of exposure.

Lonely children

At 8.30pm, three kids were still at a private kindergarten in Binh Duong province. From time to time they cast anxious looks at the door, waiting for their mothers.

Binh, the kindergarten’s owner, said these children always look very sad because they know they lack one of their parents.

In Binh’s kindergarten, there is a little girl named Trang. Her father is a worker at the Binh Duong 2 industrial zone. Trang’s parents divorced when Trang was less than one year old. Her mother took the baby to Hue to sell to another woman. Luckily, Trang’s maternal grandmother discovered the affair and asked her dad to come to Hue to redeem her. Since then, Trang has lived with her father in Binh Duong.

Sometimes Trang asks the kindergarten’s owner: “Are you afraid of ghosts? If you fear ghosts, please come sleep with me. I am really afraid when I sleep alone.”

Ha, Binh’s neighbor, said that last year she took care of five or six babies whose mothers work at nearby industrial zones. Most of them are illegitimate. When the fathers leave, the mothers must bring up the children alone.

At last at 9.30 pm, the last baby at Binh’s kindergarten was picked up.

A rare love story

At 4.30 pm, Duat is waiting in his wheelchair at the gate of the Year 2000 Co. in the Linh Trung 1 Export Processing Zone, watching for his wife. Duat’s wife, Thu, hurries toward him on her bicycle, not wanting to keep her husband waiting.

Some workers helped lift Duat onto Thu’s bike. Every day, Thu takes her husband from their hired room to their factories.

Duat is the only child in his family who was affected by his father’s exposure to Agent Orange during the war. Duat works in the Linh Trung 1 Export Processing Zone while Thu is a worker in the Binh Duong Industrial Zone, three kilometers away.

Duat was losing his faith in life until he met Thu. He can’t walk, but every night he asked his friend to carry him to Thu’s inn just to see her face. After a period of time, Thu became Duat’s girlfriend.

When they decided to get married, Duat’s parents doubted that Thu could love an AO victim like their son. They advised him to not get married but live alone because “nobody wants to marry a disabled man”.

By 5.30 pm, after a hard day of work, the small room of the newly-married couple near the Binh Duong IZ was full of laughter. They had some distinguished guests - Thu’s parents and her nephew.

Thu hadn’t yet told Duat that she had lost her job because her company didn’t have new orders and was reducing its workforce.

Thai Phuong

jackbl
20-11-2009, 11:44 AM
新明日报 : 如切积极扫黄 越南艳女转战乌节

如切扫黄雷厉风行,越南艳女转战乌节路。

自如切区积极扫黄后,短短3年内,这一带的按摩院从2005年的30间,关闭到现在只剩4间,酒廊也从原本 的46间,减少到现在的31间。

3年来的扫黄行动也大幅度打击流莺站街的情况,眼看如切已无生意可做,大批的越南艳女,于是把“战场”转换 到乌节路豪杰大厦一带。

记者昨晚走访豪杰大厦时,发现大厦门外站着多达20多名越南艳女,把“拉客”的对象锁定在洋汉 身上。

一名在豪杰大厦经营服装生意的业者表示,4年前,大厦很少出现流莺站街的情况,偶尔只见五六名艳女站在灯光 较暗的街边拉客。

“不过,随着如切在3年前积极扫黄后,这些越南女郎就转移阵地,在豪杰大厦外站街。她们过后发现,在这里站 街时,都没遇过突击检查,所以拉客的情况日益严重。”

据观察,昨天晚上10时30分,附近的大型百货公司纷纷打烊后,穿着性感、酥胸半露的艳女就公然的站在乌节 路的街上,向到酒廊狂欢的老外大抛媚眼。

KangTuo
20-11-2009, 11:50 AM
新明日报 : 如切积极扫黄 越南艳女转战乌节

news seems interesting. But i am having difficulty reading chinese :o

jackbl
20-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Vietnamese Teachers’ Day celebrated
=========================================

VietNamNet Bridge - The State Council for Professor Title has decided to appoint 706 teachers as Professors and Associate Professors in 2009 on the occasion of the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day which falls on November 20.

Out of 706 teachers nationwide, 65 teachers are recognised as Professors and 641 are recognised as Associate Professors. The medicine ranks first in the number of Professors and Associate Professors as it sees 16 teachers recognised as Professor and 131 recognised as Associate Professors. 47-year old Nguyen Kim Quang is the young teacher granted the title Professor.

Hoa Binh’s Department of Education and Training celebrated the 50th anniversary of education cause in mountainous areas. 50 years ago (1959) hundreds of teachers throughout the country volunteered to come to work in mountainous areas in response to the the Party’s policy. The occasion of the Vietnamese Teachers’ Day is a chance for Hoa Binh’s people to show their love to those committed teachers.

The People’s Committee of Yen Bai province on November 18 held a get-together to honour former teachers who volunteered to work in the province despite difficulties and hardships.

On the same day, the Department of Education and Training of Thua Thien – Hue province commended 47 teams and individuals who have achieved outstanding results in the school year 2008 – 2009. The Department of Education and Training of Da Nang City also held a meeting to honour excellent teachers and students in 2008 -2009 period.

The Ministry of National Defence announced the Decision to recognise teachers serving in the army as Professor and Associate Professor in 2009.

Those teachers have made great contributions to the training and education cause and science research of the nation.

VietNamNet/Nhan Dan

retire
20-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Sir, which words in "anh kg the nao anh kg cho bao nhieu do duoc" means "that amount of money"?

kg the nao = cannot, impossible etc.

anh kg the nao = you cannot

anh ko cho = you cannot give

bao nhieu do = that amount

whole meaning is you cannot refuse to give that amount

cheers.. and plz dont call me sir :D

CuteBuns
20-11-2009, 04:10 PM

Walao, so I am her aya boyfriend means must be personal ATM also. Thats it man, have to ban her liao. Best not to spoil them....must learn from KT, do monthly rotation :D

vagrant
20-11-2009, 04:56 PM
...must learn from KT, do monthly rotation :D

KT able to do daily rotation, sometimes multiple rotation in a single day. Difficult to learn his "kung fu" leh :D

Hurricane88
21-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Walao, so I am her aya boyfriend means must be personal ATM also. Thats it man, have to ban her liao. Best not to spoil them....must learn from KT, do monthly rotation :D

Learn from bro KT...he kc syt and others are the syt atm...kekeke...:)

Thom07
21-11-2009, 11:01 AM
KT able to do daily rotation, sometimes multiple rotation in a single day. Difficult to learn his "kung fu" leh :D

His "kung fu" is very hard to learn. :(:D

AdGuy
21-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

Just updated my list with 10 more songs.

Enjoy!

Tha Rang Chia Tay (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/p-t-f11/tha-rng-chia-tay-t50.htm)
Nho (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/k-o-f8/nh-my-tam-t48.htm)
Toi Khong Tin (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/p-t-f11/toi-khong-tin-t45.htm)
Yeu Nhieu Kho Nhieu (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/u-y-f6/yeu-nhiu-kh-nhiu-t44.htm)
Mien Cat Trang (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/k-o-f8/min-cat-trng-t46.htm)
Khong Bao Gio Bo tay (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/k-o-f8/khong-bao-gi-bo-tay-t47.htm)
Yeu Mai Ngan Nam (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/u-y-f6/yeu-mai-ngan-nm-t39.htm)
Tham Goi Ten Anh (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/p-t-f11/thm-gi-ten-anh-t40.htm)
Dau Mot Lan Roi Thoi (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/a-e-f1/au-mt-ln-ri-thoi-t42.htm)
Minh Em Voi Em (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/k-o-f8/minh-em-vi-em-t43.htm)

Total number stands at 30 and going strong...

Please make your dedications :D

CuteBuns
21-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Gave my gal a lecture sms today. She wrote back:

Em nho anh wa bay gio em kg niem vui vi bong thay thieu anh kg co niem tin va huy vong

" I miss you now........"

only understand that :D , but i think she trying to KC me back

vagrant
21-11-2009, 04:40 PM

Haha bro, then need to create a little 'red alert' book to jot down all of KT's syt so as to siam far far when I see them and not become one of the atm :p:D

vagrant
21-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi all,

Just updated my list with 10 more songs.

Enjoy!

Hi bro, really excellent work. I want to dedicate one song to you, but need your help to include in your list leh :p:D

Tinh Yeu Dieu Ky by Nhat Tinh Anh. Cam on nhieu nhieu :)

tomcat007
21-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

Bro,

Lam Sao Anh Biet - Minh Tuyet
Lam Sao Em Biet - Cam Ly

Thank you.

KangTuo
21-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Gave my gal a lecture sms today. She wrote back:

Em nho anh wa bay gio em kg niem vui vi bong thay thieu anh kg co niem tin va huy vong

" I miss you now........"

only understand that :D , but i think she trying to KC me back

From vdict:
Niềm vui: A joy
Niềm tin: A feeling of confidence, the sense of confidence
hủy: to destroy; to cancel; to reverse
(hy) vọng: to hope; to expect and desire

bong thay thieu anh = ????
i guess is "clinging on to you"

AdGuy
22-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Bro,

Lam Sao Anh Biet - Minh Tuyet
Lam Sao Em Biet - Cam Ly

Thank you.

Hi bro, really excellent work. I want to dedicate one song to you, but need your help to include in your list leh :p:D

Tinh Yeu Dieu Ky by Nhat Tinh Anh. Cam on nhieu nhieu :)

Rest assured it'll be in the next series :D

CuteBuns
22-11-2009, 10:43 AM
From vdict:

Thanks KT. She sent several sms to me last nite. I think I'm getting soft-hearted already :o

SureScore
22-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks KT. She sent several sms to me last nite. I think I'm getting soft-hearted already :o

Seems that the vb and you had been together for a few years. This is kc game. Think both party are kc-ed.

KangTuo
22-11-2009, 02:27 PM

From vdict:

did further search for the meaning...

thiếu = to be short of, to lack to owe

I miss you ah. Now I no joy because "bong thay" short of you don't have confidence and hope destroyed.

KangTuo
22-11-2009, 02:36 PM
anyone can help on the meaning of the word highlighted in red?

I sms the gal that she go back hcm, I will miss her.

She reply "e con qua nua ma e so lan sau e qua e gap a. A kg nhin e luc do nguoi buon chin la e?"

I still come but I afraid next time I come I meet you. You do not see me then ........ is me?

blur185
22-11-2009, 02:48 PM
bros i made a mistake in my message so can correct my message now,
Xin loi em anh su dung tu sai kg co goi... sang nay em keu anh ha?
sorry i use the wrong word its not goi... this morning you call me?
so is this message right?

AdGuy
22-11-2009, 03:00 PM
bros i made a mistake in my message so can correct my message now,
Xin loi em anh su dung tu sai kg co goi... sang nay em keu anh ha?
sorry i use the wrong word its not goi... this morning you call me?
so is this message right?

I tot goi was correct. isn't keu more like ask?

AdGuy
22-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Further updates on my FREE music forum. (see siggy below)

1) I have gotten some of my very kind viet friends to join the forum and to provide help on the language whenever possible. No, these are not the ones from JC / GL :D

2) When I have completed 50 songs, phase 1 trial will officially end and phase 2 trial will commence. This will be when the forum is officially introduced to the public domain. I intend to have this ready by somewhere next week so please flood me with your feedback and dedications.

3) In Phase 2, access will be by membership only. This basically means that only members will have access to the forum. Membership will be FREE of course - it's just that you need to sign up in order to be able to view the songs. This is done just to regulate the forum in order to ensure that it is not abused.

I appeal to everyone to actively contribute so that others can benefit too.

Special request to Bro Jackbl: Bro, I have created specific sections for you in the forum so that whatever resources you have shared here can be duplicated there too.

Thanks all.

Thom07
22-11-2009, 03:13 PM

She reply "e con qua nua ma e so lan sau e qua e gap a. A kg nhin e luc do nguoi buon chin la e?"

I still come but I afraid next time I come I meet you. You do not see me then ........ is me?

My guess is "at that time, you dont see me as a boring person." Not sure.

I'm still trying to decipher "nguoi buon chin". It should be an adjective to describe a person; nguoi ban sach is bookseller.

I tot goi was correct. isn't keu more like ask?

I think goi is call, hoi is ask and keu is order. Might be wrong.

AdGuy
22-11-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm still trying to decipher "nguoi buon chin". It should be an adjective to describe a person; nguoi ban sach is bookseller.

I think goi is call, hoi is ask and keu is order. Might be wrong.

keu as in ask as in ... anh keu em di (i ask you to go)

hoi is more like... a hoi e mot cai gi (i ask you something)

blur185
22-11-2009, 04:18 PM
So what is you call me this morning? Sang nay em goi anh ha? But goi is pei tai the meaning...

KangTuo
22-11-2009, 05:40 PM
So what is you call me this morning? Sang nay em goi anh ha? But goi is pei tai the meaning...

anything below also can.
1) sang nay em goi cho anh kg?
2) sang nay em dien cho anh kg?
3) sang nay em goi dt cho anh kg?
4) sang nay em dt cho anh kg?
5) sang nay em dt anh kg?

they will know the meaning....

Thom07
22-11-2009, 05:42 PM
A kg nhin e luc do nguoi buon chin la e?"

This translation should be correct. Another one who had fallen in love with KT.

You didn't look at me then. I was the one who was upset/affected/hurt.

lovesprout
22-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Finally I got a chance to help bro KangTuo. Hihihi.. I think nguoi buon chin la em should be nguoi buon "chinh" la em, meaning the person who feels sad "mainly" is me.

KangTuo
23-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Finally I got a chance to help bro KangTuo. Hihihi.. I think nguoi buon chin la em should be nguoi buon "chinh" la em, meaning the person who feels sad "mainly" is me.

cam on nhieu lam
don't say finally got chance to help leh
we are here to share and learn

KangTuo
23-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Another one who had fallen in love with KT.

dun say like that leh.
Now, I feel bad KC-ed Linh.
See how it goes lah.

jackbl
23-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Heard from Bunny Teeth, your ban gai coming back on 30th. U left 1 week to learn VANG TRANG KHOC :eek:
Haha bro, then need to create a little 'red alert' book to jot down all of KT's syt so as to siam far far when I see them and not become one of the atm :p:D

jackbl
23-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Tell me more abt this? Wher to post? Which sections?
Special request to Bro Jackbl: Bro, I have created specific sections for you in the forum so that whatever resources you have shared here can be duplicated there too.

jackbl
23-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Yo yo yo.... long time no see. Your vietnamese improved a lot since the last time i saw u!!!

jackbl
23-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the sharing spirit!!! :D :D :D
don't say finally got chance to help leh
we are here to share and learn

Thom07
23-11-2009, 01:48 PM
dun say like that leh.
Now, I feel bad KC-ed Linh.
See how it goes lah.

She is starting to show her affection towards you already. Kakakaka. :D

vagrant
23-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Heard from Bunny Teeth, your ban gai coming back on 30th. U left 1 week to learn VANG TRANG KHOC :eek:

It's ok, can let you sing with her ma ;)

But after singing, you need to be atm hor :D

Thom07
23-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Yo yo yo.... long time no see. Your vietnamese improved a lot since the last time i saw u!!!

Still learning to crawl. Always disturbing them when help is needed.

jackbl
23-11-2009, 11:44 PM
U know i dun like to sing Vang Trang Khoc. U already her ATM, i dun wan to join in :D There are many more VBs to choose from :p
It's ok, can let you sing with her ma ;)

But after singing, you need to be atm hor :D

vagrant
24-11-2009, 12:15 AM
She is here le, took a stealth flight in today. Kg co dt va nt. I oni found out when I call her singapore number. Sigh...dunno to feel sad or du lan.

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 12:27 AM
She is here le, took a stealth flight in today. Kg co dt va nt. I oni found out when I call her singapore number. Sigh...dunno to feel sad or du lan.

whao kaoz... you got to cheong discretely already :D
viet gals always like that. never really tell the true actual date of arrival

1) they are 'mi xin'
2) they wana spot check on their 'bf'
3) someone buy them ticket and they don't bother to find out details

only time I know the gal actual date/time of arrival is when they need me to be their taxi driver from airport to their lodging (but I will always divert to H81 1st :p)

lovesprout
24-11-2009, 09:03 AM
only time I know the gal actual date/time of arrival is when they need me to be their taxi driver from airport to their lodging (but I will always divert to H81 1st :p)

Then you charged them a "taxi fare" that is much higher than the normal one!

I think most girls just xao nhieu nhieu. Of course they know when they are coming or leaving, but they just don't want to tell us.

jackbl
24-11-2009, 09:17 AM

I think most girls just xao nhieu nhieu. Of course they know when they are coming or leaving, but they just don't want to tell us.

Maybe someone last min buy her air ticket before she bought, so nevermind lor, since its free just come :D

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Then you charged them a "taxi fare" that is much higher than the normal one!

I travel from west to east to fetch the gals... also dunno how much higher than normal to charge them, so I never charge them $. I just drive them to H81 for 2 shots after they drop their luggage. They also never charge me $.

Should be worth the trouble travelling to airport lah... :p

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 11:07 AM
need bro help on this translation... some kind of 'chen yu'

sceneroi:
When driving, I drive fast. I see a hump but I slow down abit only. When go over the hump, I stretch over my hand to protect her from faling foward...

she say this word to me... "anh gian ca chem thot"
Anyone know what it means? This gal dunno other language and don't know how to explain.

SING_IN_HCMC
24-11-2009, 11:10 AM
U know i dun like to sing Vang Trang Khoc. U already her ATM, i dun wan to join in :D There are many more VBs to choose from :p

Dear JB,

are you able to reach the Hai Phong girl (you remember, rite?) through yahoo ? I have tried but she seems to be offline all the time....

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 11:16 AM
sms from a gal asking for money...

A noi a yeu e that long? Vay a co the giup do e dong tien nha dc kg? a cho bao nhieu cung dc. e noi ra voi a dieu nay e ngai qua

what is she saying the last sentence?
issit that she mean she is hesitant in telling me this matter?

jailat... KCing her become I kana KCed :(
already mermerised by her starry eyes...

Hurricane88
24-11-2009, 11:32 AM
I think most girls just xao nhieu nhieu.

Agree with you...VB always often xao nhieu nhieu without blinking an eye...:)

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 11:43 AM
KC sms to share.

(the KT way - long winded)
1) E oi, a co 1 chuyen muon hoi e. Neu kg noi ra, a se hoi tiec. A biet e wa sing di lam kiem tien kg phai tim ban trai. A cung kg biet e co nguoi yeu chua. Nhung a co thich e. E chiu a lam ban trai kg?

xxxx oi, i have a matter want to tell you, If I never say out, I will regret. I know you come sillypore is to find money, not to find boyfriend. I also don't know if you have lover or not yet. But I like you. You accept me to be your boyfriend?

2) E oi, a biet e wa sing lam, e phai tap trung di lam nen e kg ranh gap a. a cung kg noi j het. A cung kg muon lam phien e nhieu. A chi hy vong moi ngay dc gap e chut, a vui roi.

xxxx oi, I know you come sillypore to work, you must concentrate working therefore you are not free to meet me. I also never say a thing. i also don't want to disturb you much. I only wish that everyday I can meet you awhile, I am happy already.

(the VK way - short and sharp)
3) E oi, cho a yeu e 1 lan dc kg?

xxxx oi, can you let me love you 1 time?

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Fun KC sms to share:

1) E oi, luc nay a de 1 cai do o trong sac tay (va ly) cua e. A wen lay ve nha. E co thay kg?

wait for her reply... probably asking you what is the thing.

2) cai do la trai tim cua a.

1) xxxx oi, just now I put something inside your handbag (luggage). I forget to bring back home. Did you see it?

2) the thing is my heart

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Agree with you...VB always often xao nhieu nhieu without blinking an eye...:)

I also xao nhieu nhieu without blinking my eyes :D

Thom07
24-11-2009, 12:33 PM
A noi a yeu e that long? Vay a co the giup do e dong tien nha dc kg? a cho bao nhieu cung dc. e noi ra voi a dieu nay e ngai qua

Yes. I (she) hesitated in telling you this.

VietnamLover
24-11-2009, 01:51 PM
anh gian ca chem thot

gian ca chem thot is Vietnamese idiom which means 'put one's spite out on the world'.

For example, if you get mad at someone in your office, you feel so much anger and then you come back home and get mad at your wife even through she does not make any mistake.

VietnamLover
24-11-2009, 01:58 PM
e noi ra voi a dieu nay e ngai qua

Yes. She is very hesitated when she talked with you about the thing.

jackbl
24-11-2009, 02:19 PM
She added me to the list but I tried to send her message but no reply :(
Dear JB,are you able to reach the Hai Phong girl (you remember, rite?) through yahoo ? I have tried but she seems to be offline all the time....

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 02:36 PM
gian ca chem thot is Vietnamese idiom which means 'put one's spite out on the world'.

cam on nhieu lam

the only idiom i learn is
"khi ton tai nao" or
"khi don dai nao"

.... don't know which is the correct way to write.

VietnamLover
24-11-2009, 02:49 PM
"khi ton tai nao" or
"khi don dai nao"

khi ton tai nao is the correct idiom.

jackbl
24-11-2009, 04:35 PM
U taught me this idiom at Lao Ban Niang restaurant :D
the only idiom i learn is
"khi ton tai nao"

jackbl
24-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Now u have more confident in vietnamese language liao hor. :D
Yes. I (she) hesitated in telling you this.

KangTuo
24-11-2009, 05:04 PM

khi ton tai nao is the correct idiom.

Idioms seems interesting ... :cool:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16737338/English-Idioms-and-their-equivalents-in-Vietnamese

jackbl
25-11-2009, 12:33 AM
The vietnamese words can't be seen clearly :(
Idioms seems interesting ... :cool:

English Idioms and their equivalents in Vietnamese (http://www.scribd.com/doc/16737338/English-Idioms-and-their-equivalents-in-Vietnamese)

lovesprout
25-11-2009, 08:57 AM
sms from a gal asking for money...

Yes. It means that "I told you this thing I am very scared"

dieu = thing
ngai= scared

Just curious. Under such situation, do you usually give her some money or simply ignore her request? I often encountered the same problem too, but I just reply that I will patronize her as a way of helping her earn money.

KangTuo
25-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Yes. It means that "I told you this thing I am very scared"

dieu = thing
ngai= scared

Just curious. Under such situation, do you usually give her some money or simply ignore her request? I often encountered the same problem too, but I just reply that I will patronize her as a way of helping her earn money.

Case by case basis :D
I won't deny that I helped a number of viet gals in their rental, airtickets, extentions, etc
If the same gal keep on asking for help after help... I will run far far.

jackbl
25-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Another article talking about female workers in Industrial zone.... :(

The fear of IZ workers
======================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Workers in industrial zones accept long overtime hours because they fear losing their jobs or having their salary cut.

VietNamNet talked with Nguyen Thi Dan from the HCM City Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs and Do Doan Kim from the Industrial Zone (IZ) Management Board of Dong Nai province about the life of IZ workers.

VietNamNet: Most companies in industrial zones, especially footwear, food and seafood processing and garment firms, ask workers to work overtime every day. What do you think about this fact?

Nguyen Thi Dan: Under the Labour Code, companies are not allowed to ask workers to work overtime over 200 hours per year and 300 hours per year for some areas like seafood processing, footwear and garment.

Companies that ask their employees to work overtime 80-100 hours per month like VietNamNet reported have violated the law.

Do Doan Kim: Most of companies, particularly footwear and garment firms, in Dong Nai’s industrial zone break the rules on overtime working. However, almost workers want to earn extra income. They think that working overtime can help them get a free dinner while they get some more money. If they leave their factories early, they don’t know what to do in their hired rooms.

Many workers don’t want to work overtime but they have to because they are afraid of losing their jobs, their salary being deducted, etc. What do you think?

Kim: This is the fact. But when labour inspectors come, employers often explain that they have reached agreements with their workers, not forcing workers to do overtime.

Anyways, employers are wrong if the overtime hours of their workers exceed the regulations.

Dan: Workers are unable to protect themselves because they don’t have knowledge about laws. Sometimes they are afraid to tell the truth because they fear losing job.

The most important thing is workers dare to speak the truth and report violations of their employers. They should learn about the current law on labour.

Is there any measure to punish companies that intentionally break the labour law, arguing that they have reached agreements with workers?

Kim: We often inspect enterprises but when we asked workers, they often kept silent while the trade unions don’t have timely assistance.

Dan: Workers need to bravely report the situation. We are willing to combine with trade unions at all levels and the management boards of IZs to protect workers’ interests. Labour inspectors will inspect and fine violators.

Where do workers report violations of their employers?

Kim: If they face any difficulty, they can see the management board of IZs, grassroots trade unions or the local Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs to ask for assistance.

If we detect violations, we will deal with them quickly. If workers dare to denounce the wrongdoings of employers, competent agencies will investigate.

Dan: Trade unions are the representative for workers. The grassroots trade unions should tell new workers about the labour law. Competent agencies are ready to help workers.

There is a fact that many companies fire female workers of over 35 years old. What do you comment about it?

Kim: The life of female workers of over 35 years old is very hard. Many of them entered IZs at the age of 18. When they are 35 and their health starts reducing, employers seek to dodge the rules to not sign labour contracts with them.

Dan: Garment and footwear enterprises don’t recruit workers of over 35 years old because they were squeezed out when they were 18-20. Their youth were days of working overtime from the early morning until night at enterprises.

They don’t have time for love and marriage so part of female workers at the age of 35-40 have to live alone.

In you advice, what female workers at this age have to do to protect their interest?

Kim: Enterprises said that workers have to work overtime to earn high income. I questioned why you don’t raise salary but offer them low salary and ask them to work overtime? The management boards of industrial zones will take measures to prevent employers from dodging the labour law and fire elderly workers.

Dan: Government agencies can’t follow enterprises 24/24. Whenever we leave their factories, they will do what they want. Only workers and the grassroots trade unions know about their violations and they need to raise their voice immediately so labour inspectors can help them.

Thai Phuong

Women workers and their sad love affairs
=================================================

jackbl
25-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Fish massage: Banned in US but expanding in Vietnam
================================================== ==

VietNamNet Bridge – Fish massage has been banned in 15 states in the US – in Vietnam it’s uncontrolled and increasingly popular.

This service has been in Vietnam for only a year but in that time it has grown massively. Originally there was just one spa in Hanoi (Sakura Spa in Doi Nhan street), now dozens of spas across Vietnam boast their own service.

Customers are queuing up to have skin nibbled by “doctor fish” in the belief that substances in the fishes’ mouths can cure skin diseases.

In addition the fish are believed to promote good circulation.

Recently, a restaurant and hotel service company on Trang Hung Dao street, HCM City imported 5000 “doctor fishes” from South Korea. A seafood corporation has opened the most modern fish massage centre in Can Tho city.

Trung, from the Sakura Spa in Hanoi, said that one year ago, when fish massage was available only at his spa, many people flew from HCM City to Hanoi specifically to enjoy the service.

The price is viewed as quite expensive at between $15 and $35 a session - six times more than ordinary massage services.

However, while the service is a big favourite in Vietnam, 15 states in the US have banned fish massage labeling it unhygienic and arguing fish can transmit diseases to human.

Nguyen Viet Cuong, chief health inspector of Hanoi confirms that Vietnam has no regulations regarding fish massage.

Faked doctor fish?

Doctor fish are believed to have originated from Turkey and are also known as Garra Rufa. This fish became famous after an article claimed their mouths carried substances capable of curing skin diseases. However, Garra Rufa are rare so the Turkish government has banned its commercial use.

In China, massage centres have turned instead to anabas fish, however they are not regarded as having the same medicinal properties.

In Vietnam, spa owners tend to say they imported the fish from Turkey, BBC reporters recently highlighted that this was both highly costly and most likely improbable.

Fish can transmit diseases to human?

According to spa advertisements, fish massage is good for your health because fish nibbling dead cells stimulates nerves and assists blood circulation.

A reporter from Science and Life newspaper recently tried the service in Hanoi and described the service as follows.

Before “seeing” the doctor fish, customers were asked to soak their feet in cinnamon water. Then they are invited to put their feet in the fish tank which is always at 25 – 35C.

The fish immediately swim away but started to return within a minute to feed – a feeling described as somewhere between pleasure and being vigorously tickled.

According to spas, full body fish massage is only favoured by men. Women prefer to submerge just feet and hands.

While spas advertise fish massage as a disease treatment method, American doctor Dennis Arnold, the founder of the International Foot Care Association, said that such a strange skincare method was new to him and he doubted its effectiveness.

Doctor Dao Ba Vy, former chairman of the Physical Therapy Ward of Army Hospital 354 said that fish nibbling feet can only make customers relax, not help treat diseases as advertised.

VietNamNet/Bee.net

jackbl
25-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Newspaper exposé focuses attention on people behind child beggar bands
================================================== ============================

VietNamNet Bridge - Most every visitor to the Third World has become used to seeing child beggars. At first encounter, it’s a shock, but in time the urchins seem to become just another unsolvable social problem, hardly more visible to the expatriates than to the local folk.

But – is the problem beyond solution? That’s what Vietnamese are asking themselves since Tuoi Tre began publishing a series on “the business of herding child beggars” on 18 October.

Tuoi Tre reported brutal facts about the child beggar business

In that issue, the popular HCMC newpaper printed photos of a “child beggar herding gang” working a crowd of young people who were queued for theatre tickets. Besides some kids asking for money under the guidance of adult herders, babies of 2-3 years old were made to lie naked on the sidewalk, next to a collections box.

Sometimes, an older child was sent to hit these babies so they’d cry to attract the compassion of passers-by. The “herders” included two women and some young men who kept a sharp eye on these kids.

On 21 October, Tuoi Tre explained the structure of the ‘business,’ how the small children are ‘herded’ by adults and older children. A ward chairman explained that in his experience, HCMC only cracks down on the beggar squadrons on the eve of big holidays. More typically, there is no city-wide coordination, he said, so if the beggars are ‘swept’ from one precinct, they just relocate to another.

There’s no law against forcing people to beg

In its 23 October issue, Tuoi Tre explained why the police in HCM City’s southside District 8 concluded they couldn’t slap a criminal charge on Minh and Ngoc, a husband and wife team who have deployed a band of child beggars on downtown sidewalks. The band of children, eleven in all, none more than 10 years old, were not homeless runaways, as in Dickens’ Oliver Twist. They had been consigned to Minh and Ngoc by their parents in far-off Thanh Hoa province.

“Mistreatment” of a person is a criminal offense, reasoned the police. However, the District 8 People’s Procuracy didn’t back them up, and in the end, only ‘administrative remedies,’ i.e., fines, could be levied.

In the opinion of Police Lt. Colonel Pham Van Thao, it was clear that the children were being beaten and forced to beg. He noted especially the condition of Le Thi Trang. Not only had she been beaten, but also the girl’s fingers had been bent backward to the point that she could no longer close them. However, proving the circumstances of the abuse turned out to be ‘complicated.’ According to the testimony of people in the area, Trang’s parents had voluntarily consigned the girl to Minh and Ngoc. So had the parents of the other children in the band. All had agreed that Minh and Ngoc should take them to HCM City and told them to “educate the children, and if they misbehave, to thrash them.” In return, Minh and Ngoc had given the parents money or furniture.

The childrens’ bruises had healed; there was no longer evidence that Minh and Ngoc had beaten the children, no way to prove the childrens’ claim that their guardians hit them with steel rods and electric cords – in short, insufficient evidence to prosecute the couple under Article 110 of the criminal code. In the end, all the testimony and other evidence pointed to Oanh, the couple’s daughter, as the assailant. Oanh, not yet 16, is not old enough to bear criminal responsibility.

The children were turned over to city’s ‘Youth Vocational Education Center,’ where its deputy director, a Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare official, told Tuoi Tre that ten of the children had been sent back to their families in Thanh Hoa province far to the north. Only Trang remained; she had been kept in the infirmary for treatment of her damaged hands. It wasn’t clear what would happen to her next. “We’ve telephoned her home over and over. No one answers” said the MoLISA official.

LTC Thao, the police officer, says that it won’t be possible to prosecute people who run child beggar bands as criminals until the law is amended. “We can’t bring charges just on some official’s say-so or because public opinion thinks we should,” he explained. “Right now the criminal code defines ‘mistreatment’ as ‘cruelty to a dependent.’ It isn’t clear that forcing a child, an old person or a handicapped person to beg is ‘mistreatment.’

“We’ve urged the authorities in Thanh Hoa to deal appropriately with the parents who turned their children over to Minh and Ngoc,” he continued. Probably that’s not enough to deter them. We really need a framework in criminal law to deal with situations like this.”

DoLISA wants authority to hold abused children in rescue centres

On October 20, prompted by the Tuoi Tre reports, the HCM City Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (DoLISA) met with officials of some districts to discuss the child beggar situation.

Asked why HCM City can’t solve the problem of people who organize gangs of child beggars, a DoLISA official, Mai Thi Hoa, could only say “We tell the people to not give money to beggars. As long as they give money to beggars, those who ‘herd’ them will continue abusing kids. The fact is, there are parents who ‘lend’ their children to work as beggars. As soon as the children are brought to Social Support Centres, their parents sign them out and continue “lending” the kids.

“We don’t have the right to keep the kids at the centres,” Hoa continued, “unless their parents are in jail. It’s assumed that the parents are best able to protect their children. That’s a gap in the law that bad people can exploit.”

“I’ve questioned why the law has to surrender to these bad people? We (DoLISA) have asked the City People’s Committee to let us hold child beggars at the centres for a longer period to educate them about law and enrich their life experience.”

Hoa says that the districts of HCM City do not cooperate with each other to deal with this matter. And, though districts and communes have been instructed to set up hot lines to receive information about child beggars, “we have not punished any beggar herding case, so they do not fear us.”

Tuoi Tre says that it has received several hundreds of letters since it began reporting on the business of ‘herding child beggars.’ The dominant opinion, it reports, is that “the authorities could do something about this ‘social evil’ if they want to.”

On 24 October, the newspaper reported that the Ho Chi Minh City Peoples Committee (CPC) has instructed the municipal police to “investigate and prosecute anyone who herds, mistreats, and forces children or old people to beg in order to profit.” The CPC further assigned DoLISA and the peoples committees of each district to clarify the situation of the exploited children as shown in the newspaper. Last, the CPC repeated standing instructions to district authorities to resolutely deal with wandering beggars and persons living in public spaces.

KangTuo
25-11-2009, 11:15 AM
copied form somewere... some other forum

A stranger nearby is better than a far-away relative.
Bà con xa không bằng láng giềng gần

Tell me who's your friend and I'll tell you who you are.
Hãy nói cho tôi biết bạn của anh là ai, tôi sẽ nói cho anh biết anh là người như thế nào

Time and tide wait for no man
Thời gian và nước thủy triều không đợi ai cả.

Silence is golden
Im lặng là vàng

Don't judge a book by its cover
Đừng trông mặt mà bắt hình dong

The tongue has no bone but it breaks bone
Cái lưỡi không xương đôi đường lắt léo

You will reap what you will sow
Gieo nhân nào gặt quả nấy

A wolf won't eat wolf
*** sói không bao giờ ăn thịt đồng loại

Don't postpone until tomorrow what you can do today.
Đừng để những việc cho ngày mai mà bạn có thể làm hôm nay

A little better than none
Có còn hơn không

Diamond cuts diamond
Vỏ quýt dày có móng tay nhọn

It is the first step that is troublesome
Vạn sự khởi đầu nan

Slow and steady win the race
Chậm mà chắc

He who laughs today may weep tomorrow
Cười người xin chớ cười lâu
Cười người hôm trước hôm sau người cười

Honour charges manners
Giàu đổi bạn, sang đổi vợ

Curses come home to roost
Gieo gió, gặt bão

The cobbler should stick to his last
Biết thì thưa thốt, không biết thì dựa cột mà nghe

The early bird catches the worm
Trâu chậm uống nước đục

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Đàn khảy tai trâu

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Được voi đòi.....Hai Bà Trưng....ủa lộn.... đòi tiên

Little strokes fell great oaks
Nước chảy đá mòn

There's no accounting for taste
Mười người mười ý

The bad workman always blames his tools
Vụng múa chê đất lệch

Beauty is only skin deep
Tốt gỗ hơn tốt nước sơn

Don't lock the stable door after the horse has been stolen
Mất bò mới lo làm chuồng

Every sin brings its punishment
Nhân nào quả đấy

He laughs best, who laughts last
Cười người hôm trước, hôm sau người cười.

Courtesy costs nothing
Lời nói chẳng mất tiền mua, lựa lời mà nói cho vừa lòng nhau.

A friend in need is a friend indeed
Hoạn nạn mới biết bạn hiền

An oz of luck is better than a pound of wisdom
Mèo mù gặp cá rán

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knee
Chết vinh còn hơn sống nhục

KangTuo
25-11-2009, 11:16 AM
copied form somewere... some other forum

Xa mặt cách lòng.
Long absent, soon forgotten;
Out of sight, out of mind

Quá giận mất khôn.
Anger and hate hinder good counsel;
When a man grows angry, his reason rides off

Con nhà tông không giống lông cũng giống cánh.
An apple never falls far from the tree

Con sâu làm rầu nồi canh.
The rotten apple harms its neighbors

Tiên hạ thủ vi cường.
Attack is the best form of defense

Nhà làm săng chết trần không áọ
The shoemaker's children always go barefoot

Thùng rỗng kêu tọ
Empty barrels make the most noise

Bán anh em xa mua láng giềng gần.
Better a neighbor near than a brother far off

Thà làm bé ông lớn còn hơn làm lớn ông bé.
Better to be an old man's darling than a young man's slave

Nhất tiễn sát song điêu .
To kill two birds with a stone

Kinh cung chi điểu .
Once bitten, twice shy;
A burned child dreads fire;
A scalded cat fears hot water

Chơi dao có ngày đứt tay .
If you play with fire you get burned

Trong xứ mù kẻ chột làm vuạ
In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Chớ xem mặt mà bắt hình dung.