PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

JaViEr84
22-12-2009, 02:22 AM
hmm your gong tau not that deep yet....when u start to learn viet very hard...then u really kanna gong tau :D

hah actually i had started roi. but only on basic greetings sentences and words , like mot hai ban...doi bung khong>? , em thich uong gi /an gi ? etc... but i had already decided to call it off with her .. so all these does not matter with me anymore ...if u say gong tau ya i tink i am deep in it but lucky she wanted to leave me alone fast ... i think i had gotten out myself after much thinking today..if tomorrow meeting went as expected as wat i plan .. i would proudly announced here to say i had walked out of the hole ! better to end now rather let myself hurt more again if drag on.

KangTuo
22-12-2009, 02:37 AM
i think i had gotten out myself after much thinking today..if tomorrow meeting went as expected as wat i plan .. i would proudly announced here to say i had walked out of the hole ! better to end now rather let myself hurt more again if drag on.

You decided to call it off...Why meet?????
What if it is not going to be what you expected and what you plan...
:confused::eek:

you will be going in circle again...

As you say, better to end now

Hurricane88
22-12-2009, 01:55 PM
What if it is not going to be what you expected and what you plan...
:confused::eek:

Save your effort and dun waste your time...from his past posts...this chap is beyond redemption...:)

jackbl
22-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I was reading your post and thinking why u wan to meet since u wan to call off? Then Bro KT also asked the same question.... Thats mean people also think why meet since u dun wan it anymore ???? :confused: :confused::confused:

..if tomorrow meeting went as expected as wat i plan .. i would proudly announced here to say i had walked out of the hole ! better to end now rather let myself hurt more again if drag on.

jackbl
22-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Dun lidat say him. Only bro KT replied to him and he just fall into the love-trap, he do nothing wrong. Give him 1 more chance la :p
I also found that he starts to learn vietnamese liao. Hopefully in near future he can contribute to this thread :D
Save your effort and dun waste your time...from his past posts...this chap is beyond redemption...:)

Hurricane88
22-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Dun lidat say him. Only bro KT replied to him and he just fall into the love-trap, he do nothing wrong. Give him 1 more chance la :p
I also found that he starts to learn vietnamese liao. Hopefully in near future he can contribute to this thread :D

Bo tay...it's your wish...Merry Christmas to you...:)

jackbl
23-12-2009, 02:39 AM
Same situation as sgp.....

What is the duty of state-funded study abroad
students?
================================================== ========

VietNamNet Bridge – Despite their best intentions, students who study abroad using government funds find it difficult to contribute to the State when they return. Some pay back the money and choose lucrative careers with foreign firms or in foreign countries.

The following stories have been provided by insiders who say that it would be better to offer suitable options to encourage students studying abroad to return home after graduation. Creating favorable conditions for graduates to work well and devote themselves to Vietnam country is seen as a better alternative than trying to keep a tight rein on them.

Debts end friendships

Minh and Hung were once friends and colleagues. They both worked at the HCM City Post Office. Both were lucky enough to be sent to study abroad with state money. They shared the same room when they studied in Australia. They could never imagine that one day they would become opponents.

Strange, but true. Hung became the HCM City Post Office representative who requested Minh “pay his debts,” while Minh acted as a “defendant” because he resigned. Hung believed that Minh owed a material and moral debt to the Government for training him, whereas Minh felt that paying back the money was his only duty.

The HCM City Post Office was determined to have Minh pay back his training expenses because the post office had underwritten the cost of sending Minh abroad and for his training. Before Minh left to study abroad, he had signed a contract that committed his to work for the post office.

The case went to court and in the end Minh was required to pay 10 million dong each month to the HCM City Post Office until he repaid the expenses, estimated at 600 million dong.

Minh quickly found a job with a foreign company in Vietnam and he had more than enough money to “pay his debts.”

Minh’s story was once discussed widely, especially among people who planned to study abroad using state funds. They whispered that the HCM City Post Office was determined to be repaid because many workers planned to use this method to leave their post office jobs.

Ta, a postgraduate in Singapore, said that he heard the story when he was in Singapore.

“I know that some people still decide to go studying abroad with the state’s money, though they know that they will not continue working for his agency any more when they return,” he said.

Dreams dashed

Ta said that he once considered whether or not to return and also whether or not to continue working for his agency. Finally, he decided to pay back the money spent on English courses and went to study with his own money.

“Foreign companies that spend money to train their staff only require them to work for five years at maximum afterwards,” Ta explained. “Meanwhile, I was asked to work by the Vietnamese government for at least 15 years upon my return. 15 years? My youth will be over after 15 years.”

In another case, a Can Tho University lecturer was sent to study in the Netherlands in 1990 using state money. Afterwards, the lecturer received a university scholarship that included funds to bring all his family members abroad.

After finishing his Master’s degree, he obtained another scholarship to pursue a doctorate in the US. After that, he worked for NASA for seven years and was not allowed to return to Vietnam during that time. Two years after he left NASA, he was allowed to return to Vietnam. After so many years, no one asked him to pay back the training expenses any more.

Tran Van Thanh introduces himself as a student who spent 10 years studying in foreign countries on the state’s dime. After returning to Vietnam, Thanh could not find a suitable job.

While studying in the Ukraine, Thanh always cherished hopes of working for a big oil and gas company like Vietnam Oil and Gas Group.

“The State spent money to feed me and support my study, therefore, I believed that I had to return to Vietnam to serve my country,” he observed. He added that his study branch, petrochemicals, was really hot and important to the economy.

“This did not happen for me or any of my friends,” he noted. “All of us had to find jobs ourselves and none of us had enough money to pay back the State.”

“My friends have jobs at foreign companies with very high salaries,” he added. “And now I am working for a US group, one of the five largest in the world.”

“Sometimes I ask myself why I studied with government funds, but now I do not work for the State, Thanh wondered. “Why do I work for a US company and create value for this business instead of Vietnam?”

jackbl
23-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Opponents call overseas students regulations “unsuitable”
================================================== ===

VietNamNet Bridge – Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly’s Committee for Culture, Education, Youth and Children Nguyen Minh Thuyet said that the draft document on overseas student management is really unsuitable and that such a management method should be applied only in subsidization periods.

Vietnamese students in the UK

Thuyet, in an interview given to Tuoi Tre newspaper, said that it is necessary to regulate Vietnamese students studying abroad. He observed that management remains inefficient in some countries and sometimes students cannot enjoy the legitimate rights that every Vietnamese citizen has.

He advised that the draft document should pay more attention to ensuring the interests of overseas students and assisting them, rather than trying to keep a tight rein on students.

Tuoi Tre: Do you think that the draft document needs to focus on the responsibility of the state’s management agencies?

Nguyen Minh Thuyet: I think that it is necessary to give more details about the responsibility of representative agencies in foreign countries to create favorable conditions for Vietnamese overseas students to join activities and to protect students’ interests. I have heard that, in many cases, Vietnamese students met difficulties and did not receive timely assistance.

Tuoi Tre: What do you think about the tentative regulation that overseas students only work in foreign countries for no more than three years?

Thuyet: I think that the tentative regulation is not feasible and should be applied only in the subsidized period, when all study abroad students relied on state funds.

Currently, the students going abroad with state money have to make commitments before they leave. Yet there is no reason to force students who study with their own money to return home.

Tuoi Tre: It would be very good if Vietnamese students can find jobs in foreign countries. There are many ways for Vietnamese students to work and devote themselves to the country and also help their families. Will the students be able to find jobs in Vietnam after they finish studying and return?

Thuyet: Under the draft document, overseas students must pay taxes if they earn money from their jobs. This has made students worry that they will have to pay double taxes, because they are taxed in foreign countries already.

The income of some students working in foreign countries may be very high. However, taxation rates need to be reasonable. If students have to pay taxes abroad, we should not tax them again. It is necessary to note that working conditions and living environments in other countries are different from that in Vietnam.

Same situation as sgp.....

What is the duty of state-funded study abroad
students?

jackbl
23-12-2009, 03:13 PM
TRAVEL : Fresh ideas needed to boost Mekong tourism
================================================== ======

VietNamNet Bridge - Despite a decade of development, the Mekong Delta’s tourism industry has failed to show robust growth. Uninspired tourist packages, limited advertising, a lack of tourism investment promotion and poor human resources training, all plague the industry.

Thus, most tourists who visit, never return.

The Mekong Delta is a large and heavily populated region with a warm climate and few natural disasters. In addition, its natural beauty and abundant waterways makes the area an attractive eco-tourism destination.

However, experts say these attributes have not been taken advantage of. According to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the number of visitors to the Mekong Delta in 2008 accounted for just 8 percent compared to other regions visited in the country.

On average, foreign tourists spend just one day in the region while Vietnamese tourists stay an average of two days.

In 2004, the Tien Giang Tourist Company began offering fishing tours. One week later, other eco-tourism companies began offering the same packages.

Now, visiting fruit gardens, rowing boats, fishing, and traditional music performances appear as part of nearly every tour.

This has led to unhealthy competition amongst businesses who try to offer the lowest prices and ultimately end up sacrificing service.

At a seminar on sustainable development for Mekong Delta tourism held recently in Can Tho, Dr. Dinh Van Hanh from the Vietnam Institute of Culture and Arts, Ho Chi Minh Sub-Institute said that because most tours are the same, travelers have no reason to return after their first visit.

To address the lack of creativity, HCMC tour operators proposed developing an excursion that would take visitors through more of the Mekong Delta provinces, highlighting the different attractions of each area. Moreover, each province would benefit financially.

However, the program failed to take flight as many thought it would be too expensive to instigate the tour and companies didn’t like the idea of sharing profits.

Cultural, historic attractions overlooked

The Mekong Delta lacks an abundance of famous landscapes as compared to the central and northern regions. However, it boasts many interesting architectural works and historical relics like Doi Pagoda in Soc Trang Province, Binh Thuy Communal House in Can Tho City, and Ba Om Pond in Tra Vinh Province to name a few.

According to statistics from the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Mekong Delta has 150 national cultural and historical relics in all.

In addition, the region hosts traditional festivals like Chol Chnam Thmay, Dolta, and Ha Xan.

But experts say businesses have failed to realize the area’s potential cultural attraction in creating tours with variety.

According to Dr. Pham Trung Luong, deputy head of the Institute for Tourism Development Research, tourism development strategies should be tailor-made for each locality.

For example, Long An, Tien Giang, Ben Tre, and Dong Thap provinces should focus on tours to cultural and historical relics and trade villages.

Meanwhile, Vinh Long, Can Tho, Tra Vinh, Hau Giang, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu and Ca Mau provinces should exploit shopping, eating, and floating market tours.

An Giang and Kien Giang provinces should prioritize sea, island, and mountain tourism and facilitate trips into Cambodia and Thailand.

Only by capitalizing on each province’s strengths and diversifying tours will visitors be enticed to return.

VNN/SGGP

haha_123
24-12-2009, 01:06 AM
hah actually i had started roi. but only on basic greetings sentences and words , like mot hai ban...doi bung khong>? , em thich uong gi /an gi ? etc... but i had already decided to call it off with her .. so all these does not matter with me anymore ...if u say gong tau ya i tink i am deep in it but lucky she wanted to leave me alone fast ... i think i had gotten out myself after much thinking today..if tomorrow meeting went as expected as wat i plan .. i would proudly announced here to say i had walked out of the hole ! better to end now rather let myself hurt more again if drag on.

Bro, your posting is damn contradictory!! I don't know how other brothers out there can help you, if you allow your heart to take over your brain.:(

I recall that you had a similar incident with another Vn gal sometime ago. I hoped that u are not referring to the same gal now?:eek:

Please!!! You must allow some breathing space to your girlfriend, and you must certainly not stalk her. Don't ever let her think that you can't live without her, otherwise she will trample all over you. Like my contractor friend always say, you must know when to pull, and when to let go. If you pull too hard and for your long, your partner will only suffocate.

It seems that you are having a torrid time with Vn gals. How about local gals? Why don't you give it a try? At least with local gals, there is no communication problem, and you won't have problems trying to figure out what their sms mean.

My experience with the Vn and PRC gals in Singapore tells me that they are way too street-smart for soft-hearted guys like you. They will only leave you with a broken heart, and maybe even loss of $$$. When they go back to their own country, they can refuse to take your calls or reply to your sms. You will then start to think that they may be having a good time with other men, while you are suffering here with a broken heart.

It doesn't surprise me to read in the newspaper that a Vn gal returned to her country after marraige, and refused to come back to her Singapore husband. The marriage agency is unable to offer a refund to the poor man.

Recently I went to a ktv in Geylang and came to know a PRC gal who looked exactly like my neighbour, whom I had a crush on. She sat with me the whole night, we had a great time singing and drinking, and she even said that she don't allow me to sit with other gals when I come to the ktv the next time. Wah!! I thought ho-say liao!!!

Then the next day she called me to buy for her gui-ling-gao to soothe her sore throat. We ate Teochew porridge together and she told me of her loneliness as she don't have much friends in Singapore. She said that when she fall sick, the first person she think of was me!!! Woopee!!! Ho-say lah!!! After dinner, I sent her home. At the void-deck, she asked me for $100, as she didn't want to work on that day. My mood suddenly change and I see through her KC trap. I gave her $50 and have been avoiding her ever-since.

Bro, just like me, u need to see through their true colours fast, and be ready to abandon ship anytime!! Don't invest so much time and money on them, until u get to know them better. Sorry for my long-windedness. Just don't want to see u get hurt again.

jackbl
24-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Chúc các bạn Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ

KangTuo
24-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Chúc các bạn Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ

as expected... see all your christmas greetings in all vietnam related thread :D

jackbl
24-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I do it so that bro here can use it to send to their VBs and give them a surprise :D

FYI: Use Chúc em Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ, if u just want to send her alone. Replace the word "em" with others like "anh", "Linh", "em yeu", etc depend situation ;)
as expected... see all your christmas greetings in all vietnam related thread :D

asiancigar
24-12-2009, 11:58 AM
MERRY X'Mas & FABULOUS NEW YEAR to ALL Brudders & Zisters here....

Cheerz
AC

jackbl
24-12-2009, 02:49 PM
So "crazy" over a show???

All ages go “mad” for “Avatar”
============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Tickets for the first 3D movie “Avatar” by director James Cameron are sold out for several weeks. To watch the most expensive movie in history, audiences have to book tickets now for December 28.

Launched in Vietnam on December 18, tickets for the 3D version in the first week at Megastar Hanoi were sold out three weeks ago. There is only one projection room in Hanoi and five in HCM City for the 3D version with five shows a day. Meanwhile, young audiences in Hanoi want to wait for tickets to see the most modern techniques in the 3D version.

Thuy Trang, a 23-year-old mPR girl in Hanoi, was very happy to buy two tickets after a long wait: “A pair of tickets is 300,000 dong, double the normal price, but I’m satisfied because I will see a work that is praised as the “wonder of all wonders.”

Bui Dung, 28, a reporter who watched “Avatar” several days ago in a special show for journalists, still queued on December 18 to buy tickets.

“I think this movie has many things to watch. I believe that I will discover more in the second show,” Dung said.

Sharing Dung’s view, famous film director Ngo Quang Hai said he would buy tickets to watch this film several times. “Watching ‘Avatar,’ I felt shocked,” he commented. “Though I have a vivid imagination, I was surprised that James Cameron could produce such a super work.”

In HCM City, “Avatar” has become a phenomenon at all Megastar cinema complexes.

“We are very surprised to see such a huge number of people at our cinemas. It is even more surprising that the tickets for the 2D version are also sold out,” said a representative of Megastar.

To have 3D tickets, audiences must book them at least ten days before the show.

“Avatar” will urge Megastar to build more 3D projection rooms in Vietnam.

VietNamNet/VNE

jackbl
24-12-2009, 02:53 PM
TRAVEL : Da Lat recognized as the city of flower festivals
================================================== =======

VietNamNet Bridge – The government has named Dalat the “City of the flower festival” as the Central Highlands province of Lam Dong is hosting a flower festival on December 22.

Deputy PM Nguyen Sinh Hung has asked Lam Dong province to combine with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and related agencies to organize the Dalat Flower Festival 2010 to celebrate the 1000th great anniversary of Thang Long – Hanoi.

Dalat annually grows around 2000 hectares of flowers of all kinds, yielding around 800 million branches of flowers. Dalat flowers are exported to many countries.

The city has organized two flower festivals, in 2005 and 2007, attracting many foreign and local visitors.

Da Lat is now busily preparing for the Da Lat Flower Festival 2010.

honky168
24-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Need some sifu advice here on viet translation. When I using the Lingoes translator it doesn't look the same on most of guy have posted. Example as follow:

I miss you
Anh nho em
Tôi nhớ bạn (Lingoes translate)

I love you
Anh yeu em
Tôi yêu bạn

I am always thinking of you
Luc nao anh cung nghi ve em
I luôn luôn suy nghĩ của bạn

I want to kiss you
Anh muon duoc hon em
Tôi muốn hôn bạn

I wait for you to call
Anh doi em de goi
Tôi chờ bạn gọi

jackbl
25-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Hv u heard "Many roads lead to Rome".... there are many ways to translate 1 sentence. Yours also correct :)
Need some sifu advice here on viet translation. When I using the Lingoes translator it doesn't look the same on most of guy have posted.

jackbl
25-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Christians celebrate
==================================

VietNamNet Bridge – State and Government officials yesterday, December 24, celebrated Christmas with hundreds of thousands of revellers up and down the country.

Vice President Nguyen Thi Doan wished nearly 400,000 Christians in the Bui Chu Archbishopric, in the northern province of Nam Dinh, a "Merry Christmas".

"National unity has always played a part in the country's history, and the Christian community is part of that history," Doan said.

She added that Christians had made an enormous contribution to the country's development, for which the State was very grateful.

On the same day, Deputy Prime Minister Truong Vinh Trong visited Cardinal Pham Minh Man, Archbishop of HCM City, and Pastor Thai Phuoc Truong, head of the General Confederation of the Evangelical Church of Viet Nam (South).

He also passed on his season's greetings to Vietnamese Episcopal Conference President Bishop Nguyen Van Nhon.

Trong said he hoped the Christian community would continue to help drive the country's development forward.

Man thanked Trong for his goodwill message and expressed his gratitude to the Party, State and Government for the support they had given to the Christian community.

Truong added that he hoped the State and the Government would continue to support the Christian community's development in the future.

Warmer weather
Meanwhile, temperatures rose by a couple of degrees in the north, bringing welcome Yuletide relief from the recent freezing temperatures.

"I love the bustle of Christmas," said Hoang Hai Lien, from Ha Noi.

Meanwhile, Tran Mai Linh, who lives in Dong Da District, welcomed the warmer weather.

"I'm happy that it's not as freezing as it was a couple of days ago. This is definitely the best weather for this time of year to go to church tonight," she said.

French tourist Federic Vigroux, who is visiting Viet Nam for the first time, said it had been one of the most memorable Christmas he'd ever had.

"I'm impressed that so many people over here celebrate Christmas in public. It's so different from Christmas in Europe when people tend to spend time at home with their family."

Foreign tourists also celebrated Christmas in more remote areas such as Kon Tum. But perhaps HCM City was home to the most eye-catching illuminations.

Artificial pine trees bedecked with lights, lit up the centre of the city, while major trade centres such as Diamond, Tax and Parkson were inundated with young revellers.

jackbl
25-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Just got to know that Christmas Day is not a HOLIDAY in VN :(
Christians celebrate

VietNamNet Bridge – State and Government officials yesterday, December 24, celebrated Christmas with hundreds of thousands of revellers up and down the country..

jackbl
25-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry this comes a bit late, nevertheless there is still New Year's Eve to look forward to :) :D
Places to be in HCMC on Xmas and New Year’s Eve
================================================== ===

It’s that time of the year again.

And as usual, many hotels and restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City are gearing up for the Christmas and New Year season with special deals and packages designed to lure customers in a very competitive market.

Some of the more attractive ones this year are at the Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon in District 1 – a favored place for year-end parties.

Many companies and families choose the restaurant in the hotel for parties of around 30 persons. At US$29 net per person, a yearend lunch or dinner buffet in the elegant Me Linh grand room, with beer and soft drinks free for two hours, the deal is very competitive.

In addition, the hotel serves special Christmas Eve cakes to customers. They can enjoy the cakes there or take them home. Other restaurants in the hotel offer different deals.

Among many other places holding parties or special events for Christmas and the New Year is the Seventeen Saloon bar.

The bar will hold a “Sparkling with colors” celebration of Christmas at 103A Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1 and at its branch in Da Nang City. Santa Claus and the Snow Princess will welcome guests at the specially decorated bar, a choir will sing famous carols and a popular Filipino band will make Christmas Eve rock.

The bar will hold a “Happy New Year” party on December 31.

Some five-star hotels have a few surprises in store. At the Mövenpick Hotel Saigon on Nguyen Van Troi Street in Phu Nhuan District, the especially attractive package involves discounted room rates with many perks including a free Christmas Eve buffet.

The hotel will offer free Tiger beer and soft drinks for two hours on Christmas Eve, and free decorations according to the theme of the festival. The Vietnamese buffet for the festival is priced at VND396,000++ and the international buffet at VND450,000++ per person. A special menu of Christmas specialties will cost VND486,000++ per person.

If customers choose to stay at the hotel, they will get the Christmas Eve buffet free, a fruit basket, and discount of up to 20 percent on all food and beverages. From December 23 till 25 room rents will drop from the normal $179++ for a double room and $149++ for a single room to just $99++ and they can use all services at the executive lounge at no cost.

Customers can also enjoy traditional turkey, fresh seafood dishes or famous Chinese dishes and Swiss style appetizers at the hotel’s Café Saigon Restaurant.

The Christmas Eve dinner will also include a choir performance, live music and a lucky draw. Santa Claus will be on hand to distribute gifts among children. The

Christmas Eve buffet on December 24 is priced at $55++ per person.

The room rents for the New Year, though will be $189++ for a double and $149++ for a single room. Customers staying at the hotel for the New Year will be picked up and dropped off from the airport or any other location within a 10-kilometer radius.

A complimentary glass of champagne will be served by the Café Saigon Restaurant as a lucky wish for the New Year. The New Year Eve celebration on December 31 will cost $65++ per adult (half for children below 12) with free flow of cocktails, beer, wine and soft drinks.

Reported by Nguyet Anh

SureScore
26-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Just got to know that Christmas Day is not a HOLIDAY in VN :(

We learn something every day.

Here is the public holiday for 2010

1 Jan New Year's Day.
13 Feb - 16 Feb *Têt, Lunar New Year.
23 Apr Gio to Hung Vuong Day.
30 Apr Liberation of Saigon.
1 May May Day.
2 Sep National Day.

honky168
26-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Hv u heard "Many roads lead to Rome".... there are many ways to translate 1 sentence. Yours also correct :)

Thanks for the verification, so if I use those words from the translation for sms/msn with her, she will understand?

haha_123
26-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the verification, so if I use those words from the translation for sms/msn with her, she will understand?

Bro honky168, you use "Toi" to address yourself when you meet someone for the first time. Once you know the girl better, you should use "Anh" to send sms to the girl. I know that I drive my Vn girlfriends crazy whenever I use "Toi" instead of "Anh".:p

Recently my gf told me that I should use "Con" instead of "Anh" when I meet someone of an older generation.

Bros, please correct me if I'm wrong in the above interpretation. I'm also relying on this thread to improve my tieng viet.:)

vagrant
26-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Recently my gf told me that I should use "Con" instead of "Anh" when I meet someone of an older generation

Hmm, if we say con heo or con cop, does it mean old pig or old tiger? :p

Paiseh, just a silly joke nia :D

deptrai4u
26-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Bro honky168, you use "Toi" to address yourself when you meet someone for the first time. Once you know the girl better, you should use "Anh" to send sms to the girl. I know that I drive my Vn girlfriends crazy whenever I use "Toi" instead of "Anh".:p

Recently my gf told me that I should use "Con" instead of "Anh" when I meet someone of an older generation.

Bros, please correct me if I'm wrong in the above interpretation. I'm also relying on this thread to improve my tieng viet.:)

when you meet a girl.. of younger age than you... all samsters (who flirts) should always use Anh and NEVER use Toi. Please note that Anh is pronounced differently in the North and the South.

When you meet an older auntie.....
1. In the North, you refer yourself as Chao!
2. In the South, you can refer urself as Con or Chao.

Con means child and theoretically used when talking to your parents or parents of your wife to show intimacy in the relationship. So when talking to aunties, you called urself Chao instead of Con. But in the South people are more warm in their relations and usually use Con.

All the stuff you lean in those Viet language books are all theory. To speak Viet well, you need to know the Culture as well. If you speak like in the book, you will still look like an alien to the Viets.

vagrant
26-12-2009, 03:15 PM
All the stuff you lean in those Viet language books are all theory. To speak Viet well, you need to know the Culture as well. If you speak like in the book, you will still look like an alien to the Viets.

Hi bro deptrai, can humbly check with you how is the best way to get the proper basic foundation in learning TV? eg. attend classes or ...?

I really hope to get the basics right, thanks a lot :)

vagrant
26-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I thought you have your own long hair dictionary :confused:

Long hair dictionary also confuse me leh.

For example going to toilet: One long-hair tell me to say di dai is ok. Another tell me to say di tieu. Still got another advise me that both usage wrong because it is for young children. Adult must say ... (sorry I dunno the TV for that, but it sounds like hygiene in cantonese)

Now I wanted to go toilet also dun dare to say :p:D

jackbl
26-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi bro,

I think u have made a spelling mistake. It shd be cháu.

When you meet an older auntie.....
1. In the North, you refer yourself as Chao!
2. In the South, you can refer urself as Con or Chao.

jackbl
26-12-2009, 04:27 PM
đái = to urinate; to have a pee; to make water
"tieu"= IMHO it shd be sth similar to the above, if not 100%

I have heard both usage before, both can be used although a bit crude....

U can also used "vệ sinh" sth like go toilet....

For example going to toilet: One long-hair tell me to say di dai is ok. Another tell me to say di tieu. Still got another advise me that both usage wrong because it is for young children. Adult must say ... (sorry I dunno the TV for that, but it sounds like hygiene in cantonese)

deptrai4u
26-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Long hair dictionary also confuse me leh.

Di Dai - used in the north

Di Tieu - used in the south

Di Ve Sinh - Go to Toilet

deptrai4u
26-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi bro,

I think u have made a spelling mistake. It shd be cháu.

Yup, Chau is correct. pronounced Chao... as in Chao Ech... hih hih...!

KangTuo
26-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Di Dai - used in the north

Di Tieu - used in the south

Di Ve Sinh - Go to Toilet

if you learn from carrot007, he will tell you...

di phun nhuoc = go spray/eject water :D

just be courteous, just say 'di toilet'

deptrai4u
26-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi bro deptrai, can humbly check with you how is the best way to get the proper basic foundation in learning TV? eg. attend classes or ...?

I really hope to get the basics right, thanks a lot :)

firstly, what is your purpose of speaking tieng Viet? you must established that very clearly first. Different purpose will mean you need to take different path to achieve exactly what you wanted to achieve.

Before you go soul searching deep into yourself to answer that question above, maybe i can offer you something to think about.

For me, speaking Tieng Viet is to enhance my chance of getting viet girls. On the contrary, did you know that many a times, viet girls do not like foreigners who can speak Tieng Viet? I have a couple of gf who are like tat. so i had to speak vietnamese with a twist to it in order to get into their panties.

What i realise is this.. Viet girls worried about foreigners guys who can speak Tieng Viet bcos they think these guys knows too much and also sian many girls and cannot be trusted.

So with these kind of girls, if you speak 100% correct Vietnamese, you are likely peeing against the wind.

And if you speak very limited version of Tieng Viet to show that you actually know very little Vietnamese, then they will probably chop carrot you like they do with other customers as well.

The short cut is exactly what Carrot007 has achieved. Within 6 months he knows a little Tieng Viet, and then he choose to focus on the Cultural aspects of Vietnam and he was able to demonstrate that he understood the many fable and stories of Vietnam. With that, many pretty girls only look at him with starry eyes...

jackbl
26-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Sir, can u advise me how can i get to Carrot007's level? I also wan pretty gals to look at me with Starry Eyes :)
The short cut is exactly what Carrot007 has achieved. Within 6 months he knows a little Tieng Viet, and then he choose to focus on the Cultural aspects of Vietnam and he was able to demonstrate that he understood the many fable and stories of Vietnam. With that, many pretty girls only look at him with starry eyes...

KangTuo
26-12-2009, 06:45 PM
On the contrary, did you know that many a times, viet girls do not like foreigners who can speak Tieng Viet? I have a couple of gf who are like tat. so i had to speak vietnamese with a twist to it in order to get into their panties.

What i realise is this.. Viet girls worried about foreigners guys who can speak Tieng Viet bcos they think these guys knows too much and also sian many girls and cannot be trusted.

I seconded these statement.
I will split the gasl into 2 group

Group 1: Don't like guys speak too much TV as they cannot xao the guys and they think the guys xao many many gals.

Group 2: They don't xao guys alot and felt happy that they met a guy who can speak TV as they can communicate with the guy easily.

Sir, can u advise me how can i get to Carrot007's level? I also wan pretty gals to look at me with Starry Eyes :)

cheong with us more and you will get there... :p

haha_123
26-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Yup, Chau is correct. pronounced Chao... as in Chao Ech... hih hih...!

Alamak!! Bro, I almost forgot about this nick already!! Hihi.....:D

vagrant
26-12-2009, 08:04 PM
go soul searching deep into yourself to answer that question ...

Ok looks like I have to go up mountain to search deep deep le. So tiring, a lot of mountain climbing recently :D

Seriously, since I know a few words here and there, I thought it would be good to know the basics well. And if I wanted to learn, I might as well try to learn the correct stuff right at the very beginning. Don't really have a particular motive at the moment. How far to go to learn TV I will leave that to the future to consider.

Anyway, I am not thong minh like bro carrot. So I will also join the queue and look at him with starry eyes too :p:D

haha_123
26-12-2009, 08:11 PM

So with these kind of girls, if you speak 100% correct Vietnamese, you are likely peeing against the wind.

And if you speak very limited version of Tieng Viet to show that you actually know very little Vietnamese, then they will probably chop carrot you like they do with other customers as well.

That's very true, brother. I used the romantic phrases in this thread and sent sms to my bx in Vn. Then she said that I'm able to send sms in tieng viet is because I have a Vietnamese gf in Singapore!!:eek:

When I go and have coffee with her friends, they exchange gossip in Vietnamese, so I'm just like wallpaper on the sofa. Sometimes my bx feed me ice-cream or cake. Then when I get really really bored, I'll tug at my bx's shirt to tell her that it's time to go.

Then when she go out with my friends, me and my buddies sometimes engage in men's talk in Hokkien. She gets mad and shout at me to "Speak English"!!!

Hmm... Sometimes I feel so funny when I think back about all the meetings we had when we are with our respective friends....:p

SING_IN_HCMC
26-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Generally true though not always, it depends on what type of the con gai.

For WLs type, yes, what you said is very true. They are experienced and wary enough to know that we pick up TV from their fellow WLs and hence conclude we are players and we xao nhieu nhieu.

But with decent OLs, they are generally quite impressed that I make effort to learn their language (and yes, also their culture). THey are curious and I think I can chat then up easily with my still sub-std TV.

Just speaking from my own experience.

naemlo
27-12-2009, 12:20 AM
But with decent OLs, they are generally quite impressed that I make effort to learn their language (and yes, also their culture). THey are curious and I think I can chat then up easily with my still sub-std TV.

No wonder, u keep on sianing the hanoi OL :D

SING_IN_HCMC
27-12-2009, 12:24 AM
No wonder, u keep on sianing the hanoi OL :D

I prefer OL ma:D

jackbl
27-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Vietnamese workers earn US$150/month on average
================================================== ====

VietNamNet Bridge – A survey by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shows that this year the average monthly salary for workers is around VND2.75 million ($150), up 6.5 percent over 2008.

In detail, the pay for workers in state-owned enterprises averaged 3.2 million dong, up 1.2 percent. Meanwhile, workers at foreign-invested firms averaged 2.6 million dong, up 7.8 percent, while those in private firms received 2.35 million dong, 5 percent up.

As of 2010, the minimum salary will rise averagely 15 percent for workers at local firms and 10 percent at foreign-invested companies.

This year nearly 300 strikes were recorded, equivalent to 30 percent of last year. Most of the strikes occurred at Suth Korean and Taiwanese-invested textile-garment, footwear and mechanical engineering enterprises in HCM City, Dong Nai, Binh Duong, Hai Phong and Tay Ninh.

In most of the cases, employers didn’t perform labor contracts signed with workers, paid salary late or illegally lengthened work hours.

PV

SureScore
27-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Yes, I met bro Carrot in hcm. He was fantastic the way he conversed in tieng viet. I think I will need 10 years to learn what he had learned.

jackbl
27-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Here is 1 website to teach u some basic:

http://www.l-lingo.com/app/l-lingo_vie.html

Seriously, since I know a few words here and there, I thought it would be good to know the basics well. And if I wanted to learn, I might as well try to learn the correct stuff right at the very beginning.

casannova03
27-12-2009, 12:37 PM
cheong with us more and you will get there... :p

Is it?? I also want lei!!! can?? :p

zhu star
27-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi bros:

Anyone can help with this translation:

E jo bat dau xg 51. E o budgon

Too many short cut so dont really understand

zhu star
27-12-2009, 12:55 PM

Which OL, the girl you just sent back on 21/12/09?:D

KangTuo
27-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi bros:

Anyone can help with this translation:

Too many short cut so dont really understand

bat dau = bắt đầu = to start, to begin
jo = gio = now
xg = xuong lien = go down

translation:
I now start going down to 51. I am at budgon

btw... where is budgon???

KangTuo
27-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Is it?? I also want lei!!! can?? :p

the more the merrier :D

zhu star
27-12-2009, 02:29 PM
bat dau = bắt đầu = to start, to begin
jo = gio = now
xg = xuong lien = go down

translation:

Good question, I like to know where also!::confused: Anyway, thanks

SING_IN_HCMC
27-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Which OL, the girl you just sent back on 21/12/09?:D

No lah, they are in HCM and Hanoi lah.

deptrai4u
27-12-2009, 03:56 PM

wat is OL ha!???

KangTuo
27-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Good question, I like to know where also!::confused: Anyway, thanks

is it BUNKER??

wat is OL ha!???

OL = Office Lady

zhu star
27-12-2009, 05:00 PM
No lah, they are in HCM and Hanoi lah.

So u hiding all the good quality girls in HCMC and Hanoi hor:mad: No wonder all the viet girls here are of so poor quality.

is it BUNKER??

Xin Loi nhieu2, I really don't know. :o

SING_IN_HCMC
27-12-2009, 06:04 PM
wat is OL ha!???

OL = office lady :D

SING_IN_HCMC
27-12-2009, 06:08 PM
So u hiding all the good quality girls in HCMC and Hanoi hor:mad: No wonder all the viet girls here are of so poor quality.
:o

Anh oi,
xin loi....khong co. Ho lam viec tai HCMC va Han Noi (They work in HCMC and Hanoi).

JaViEr84
27-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Bros, I want to learn tieng viet as fast as i can .. but i find problem in speaking.. which i find to b my biggest obstacle in learning ting viet. though i know a few basic sentences but once i speak mostly no viets will understand me... any advise or sugggestions.? will taking up a class in pvt language schools help?

tomcat007
27-12-2009, 11:00 PM
I posted this before a few pages ago but think will post again.

越南语言与文化 (http://cid-1c3dd7c4c33376d8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%af%ad%e5%ad%a6%e4%b9%a0%e8%b 5%84%e6%96%99%e5%85%8d%e8%b4%b9%e4%b8%8b%e8%bd%bd/%e9%99%88%e5%87%b0%e5%87%a4%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%a f%ad/%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%af%ad%e8%a8%80%e4%b8%8e%e6%9 6%87%e5%8c%96)

Taught by a Vietnamese (from HCM) who is married to a Taiwanese and now teaching in the language centre in a Taiwan Uni. I find her lessons very helpful as she starts from the foundation like the individual alphabets pronounciation, the ping1 ying1 etc.

(One thing about learning TV though... This is from my Hanoi girl, so I don't know how true it is... She says.. Hanoi's TV can be understood by all Vietnamese across the country, but HCM's TV can only be understood by Vietnamese who only learnt HCM's TV. Again, this is what she said (and she's from Hanoi) so I don't know how true it is.)

slk_angelz
28-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Need some help in translating this : Bu giao li khai qo .. Any bros can help me out ?? Thanks in advance !!

KangTuo
28-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Need some help in translating this : Bu giao li khai qo .. Any bros can help me out ?? Thanks in advance !!

this one I think the gal try to write in chinese as in " do not leave me"

whao... you are good leh :D

slk_angelz
28-12-2009, 01:24 AM

Isit ?? Oh .. I did nt notice it looks like chinese until u mention .. thanks a lot .. but is there any such words in Viet ??

Hurricane88
28-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Isit ?? Oh .. I did nt notice it looks like chinese until u mention .. thanks a lot .. but is there any such words in Viet ??

Sometimes it is just common sense...best is to check with your gal what she was trying to say...this way you learnt faster...you will get to know the way she likes to write...:)

jackbl
28-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow... chinese also come here to translate? Here is for Tieng Viet only leh..... :eek:

KangTuo
28-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Wow... chinese also come here to translate? Here is for Tieng Viet only leh..... :eek:

It is Vietnamese Chinese mah...
who knows she write what when not ask... :D

jackbl
28-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I have posted lessons taught by this teacher 陈凰凤 many pages earlier. Will post here again for the benefits of those who dun wan to refer back.

?? --???????????? (http://www.youyiguan.com/flash/vietnam/phoenix/index.html) 越语轻松学

?? --???????? (http://www.youyiguan.com/flash/vietnam/tran/index.html) 陈凰凤越南语

If I m not wrong, her accent is of the southern. So it will be useful for those who wan to converse with ppl from the south. Not many teachers teach southern accent :)

I posted this before a few pages ago but think will post again.

越南语言与文化 (http://cid-1c3dd7c4c33376d8.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%af%ad%e5%ad%a6%e4%b9%a0%e8%b 5%84%e6%96%99%e5%85%8d%e8%b4%b9%e4%b8%8b%e8%bd%bd/%e9%99%88%e5%87%b0%e5%87%a4%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%a f%ad/%e8%b6%8a%e5%8d%97%e8%af%ad%e8%a8%80%e4%b8%8e%e6%9 6%87%e5%8c%96)

Taught by a Vietnamese (from HCM) who is married to a Taiwanese and now teaching in the language centre in a Taiwan Uni. I find her lessons very helpful as she starts from the foundation like the individual alphabets pronounciation, the ping1 ying1 etc.

jackbl
29-12-2009, 12:48 AM
They are faster than sgp to attract more tourists
Da Nang opens first casino

The Crowne International Casino, the first gambling venue in the central coastal city of Da Nang, officially began operations on December 23.

Located on some 800 sq.m on Bac My An Beach in Ngu Hanh Son District, 7 km from downtown Da Nang City, the casino offers Baccarat, Blackjack, Sic bo, Roulette and Caribbean Stud Poker games with capacity for hundreds of guests.

Crowne International Casino is part of the five-star Silver Shores International Resort covering 20 hectares on Bac My An Beach.

The 584-room resort boasts 52 sea-facing villas with a total invested capital of US$1.6 billion, said the investor of the project, Hoang Dat Silver Shores Exceptional International Entertainment.

The first stage of the complex offering 270 rooms will open in January 2010, said General Manager of the Silver Shores Resort, Felix Zhang.

The project is expected to hold its grand opening in July 2010.

According to the general manager, the casino anticipates most guests will be from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

There will be two weekly flights from Guangzhou, China, to Da Nang. Another air route from China to Da Nang is also under consideration.

Under Vietnamese law, casinos are off-limits to local citizens. The venue only allows foreign passport holders and overseas Vietnamese.

By N.Hung –Translated by Khanh Huy

jackbl
29-12-2009, 10:51 AM
Survey offers insider view of teaching
=================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The survey on social welfare for the sake of social progress and justice headed by Dr Tran Huu Quang demonstrated a lot of difficulties that general school teachers are facing.

In principle, teachers must do research and teach students in accordance with set curriculums. Quang’s survey showed that teachers nowadays have much more work that has no relation to the profession.

For example, they have to care for books, join activities of organisations and sometimes collect money from students or clean classrooms. Since teachers have so many extra tasks, they have no time to improve their professional skills

When asked about time, 73.9 percent of teachers said that non-teaching work account for much of their time, while only 26.1 percent said they do not have to spend much time on non-teaching duties.

Regarding the teaching curricula, 65.1 percent of teachers argue that the teaching load is too heavy, while only 0.8 percent said the teaching volume is “light” and another 34.1 percent thought it is reasonable. As for textbooks, only 23.7 percent of teachers responded that the textbooks were easy for teachers to use.

Since teachers spend time on other work, they do not have time to act as counselors or “guides” for students. Only 35.7 percent of teachers said that their students turn to them for advice with difficulties in learning or in life.

The survey has pointed out that “achievement disease” has worsened the quality of education. “Achievement disease’ is the word used to criticize those who try to obtain achievements at any cost.

Eighty percent of teachers said that “achievement disease” places heavy pressure on teachers and students, while only eight percent disagree.

Is it necessary to remove the target levels set in schools? 63.7 percent of teachers say that it is necessary to remove targets numbers of excellent or good students. 66.7 percent of teachers said that the figures about excellent and good students now do not reflect the real capability of students.

In many cases, teachers deliberately “help” students become excellent because they would be proud of having many good students. 30.9 percent of students believe that teachers now give students higher marks than they deserve.

78.2 percent of polled teachers said that the majority of students do not respect teachers as they did in the past, while nearly 60 percent of polled teachers said that teachers are not respected by society nowadays as in earlier times. 72.4 percent of teachers also maintain that teachers today experience unjust assessments.

VietNamNet/TT

jackbl
29-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Jetstar delays, cancels flights to fix planes

Passengers have been made to wait longer hours this week at the Noi Bai and Tan Son Nhat airports as Jetstar Pacific delayed and canceled its flight for technical reasons.

Jetstar Pacific customers took a nap at Noi Bai airport at 11p.m.

The Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi on Sunday said the low-cost carrier had delayed five flights and canceled six others on Friday and Saturday.

Airport authorities said thousands of passengers were affected by the delays and cancellations, including around 600 who had to leave the airport and change their flying date.

Jetstar explained that three of its airplanes were being maintained in Singapore and would resume operations in the next couple of days while one of the other three broke down suddenly, local newswire Vietnamnet reported Sunday.

The two remaining planes are supposed to make 11 two-way flights between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City a day.

“Flight delays and cancellations have never happened as bad as it it did [on Saturday],” an unnamed Jetstar Pacific official was quoted by the Vnexpress newswire as saying Sunday.

“This is unexpected. We’d like to say apologize to all the passengers who were affected.”

Some passengers said Jetstar Pacific Airlines has been delaying and cancelling flights more often of late. They said the planes were leaving late almost every day, with the delays taking between a few minutes to several hours.

Meanwhile, Vietnam Airlines this week also delayed or canceled some of its flights, citing the need for airplane maintenance, airport authorities said.

VietNamNet/TN

tomcat007
29-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Some passengers said Jetstar Pacific Airlines has been delaying and cancelling flights more often of late. They said the planes were leaving late almost every day, with the delays taking between a few minutes to several hours.

No wonder my girl die die also don't want to take Jetstar's flight from HCM to Hai Phong even when Vietnam Airline already got no seat roi. She rather stay a night at HCM than to take Jetstar.

Par-Pau Kid
29-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi, wonder if any bros can help me translate the below two sentences :

** Umh.Chuc anh noel vui ve, bay gio em di an com nha. Chuc anh 1 ngay
vui ve.

** Ox oi bx buon qua. Di lam khong co tien lam sao day? Huhuhuhu.

Many thanks in advance.

haha_123
29-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi, wonder if any bros can help me translate the below two sentences :

vui ve.

** Ox oi bx buon qua. Di lam khong co tien lam sao day? Huhuhuhu.

Many thanks in advance.

Umh, I am eating now. Wished you have a nice day.

Hey lao gong, I'm feeling very sad now. Go to work but no money, how?!! Huhuhuhu....

Thom07
30-12-2009, 03:53 AM
vui ve.

Guys, what does the highlighted word mean? Short-form of what?

jackbl
30-12-2009, 04:41 AM
I guess could be NO EN, which is Xmas.
** Umh.Chuc anh noel vui ve, bay gio em di an com nha. Chuc anh 1 ngay vui ve.

Guys, what does the highlighted word mean? Short-form of what?

Hurricane88
30-12-2009, 10:23 AM
No wonder my girl die die also don't want to take Jetstar's flight from HCM to Hai Phong even when Vietnam Airline already got no seat roi. She rather stay a night at HCM than to take Jetstar.

Jetstar Pacific in Vn is actually formerly Pacific Airlines before Jetstar bought the airlines...the planes were very old and require regular maintenance....:)

Sure old means more breakdown...:)

Thom07
30-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I guess could be NO EN, which is Xmas.

Yup. Very smart. It does make sense.

jackbl
30-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you for praising me :D Your level have improved alot liao.... In no time (1 day) u will catch up with me and overtake instead. Please give a hand on the translation issue, your help is greatly appreciated :)
Yup. Very smart. It does make sense.

jackbl
31-12-2009, 01:02 AM
It’s been a big year for IT and telecommunications in Vietnam

VietNamNet Bridge – The 3G network was launched, Yahoo!360 closed and new laws on telecommunications were approved. Here we list the top 10 information and communication technology events of the year.

1. The appearance of 3G networks in Vietnam

After six years of preparation, VinaPhone became the first operator to launch 3G services in Vietnam on October 12, covering 13 provinces and cities. MobiFone followed on December 15 while Viettel announced its intentions to offer 3G services soon.

2. The World IT Forum held in Vietnam the first time

Organized every two years, the World IT Forum (WITFOR) is amongst the largest and most prestigious IT events in the world. Under the theme: “IT for sustainable development”, Vietnam successfully organized WITFOR 2009, with nearly 1,500 delegates from 70 countries and territories. This event reaffirmed Vietnam’s position in the world IT community and showcased efforts to encourage the application of IT in all fields of life.

3. Yahoo!360 closes, Facebook becomes a new trend

After several delays, Yahoo! closed its blog service Yahoo!360 in Vietnam on July 14. Vietnamese bloggers moved to a nuymber of different social networks as many were disappointed with the replacement Yahoo!360 Plus. Facebook became the popular choice and attracted Vietnamese users with its online games such as Farmville and Barn Buddy.

4. The National Assembly issues the Laws on Telecommunications and Wireless Radio Frequency

The two laws were approved by the National Assembly on November 23. They will take effect from July 1 2010. The two new laws are believed to favor government policy aimed at encouraging all economic sectors, including the private, to develop their telecommunications infrastructure.

5. Controversy between BKIS and VnCert

On July 12, the Bach Khoa Internet Security Centre (BKIS) announced on its blog news of two servers based in the UK which launched DDoS attacks on American and Korean websites. As this was the largest ever DDoS attack, the information was reported by local and foreign newspapers and websites including USA Today, PC World and News.com.

However, on July 16, the Vietnam Computer Emergency Response Team (VnCert) sent an urgent dispatch to the University of Technology asking the university to warn the BKIS, saying that it had received an official complaint from the Korean Computer Emergency Response Team (KrCert). KrCert said BKIS seriously violated Vietnamese and international laws when it “took control” of the two servers to analyze source codes. KrCert also accused BKIS of making public inaccurate information, which could cause misunderstanding.

After the VnCert’s move, BKIS protested via the media. The resulting controversy only cooled down with the intervention of the Ministry of Information and Communications.

6. Licensing virtual network operators

On August 19, Indochina Telecom received a license to become the 8th mobile service provider in Vietnam in the form of the full mobile virtual network operator – Full MVNO. As part of this model, Indochina Telecom did not have to build a based transceiver stations (BTS) but instead shared BTS with Viettel.

The Prime Minister also agreed in principle with VTC Group’s establishment of a virtual network.

7. Dispute over hanging telecom cables on electric poles

Conflict between the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) and the Electricity of Vietnam Group (EVN) over the leasing price of electricity poles used to hang telecom cables has been dragged out for over the year after EVN decided to raise the leasing price of its electric poles.

VNPT and Viettel, amongst others, attempted to negotiate with EVN several times but couldn’t reach an agreement. EVN said telecom operators hung their cables on EVN’s electric poles carelessly and that electric poles were for supplying power to society, not for hanging telecom cables.

In September, EVN asked local power companies to remove telecom cables from electric poles however it didn’t end there. Recently, the Ministry of Industry and Trade had to intervene by asking EVN to stop removing telecom cables. If the two sides are unable to reach agreement by January 5, 2010, they will have to report to the Ministry for settlement.

8. Application of digital signatures

On September 15, the Ministry of Information and Communication granted the first license to provide certification services of digital signatures to the VNPT. Accordingly, VNPT is permitted to supply the certification service of digital signatures for individuals and organizations to use in public activities. It is said that this will help sped up the implementation of e-commerce, e-transaction and e-government in Vietnam.

9. The first ICT Awards

The Ministry of Information and Communication on March 14 granted the first national ICT Awards to honor ICT enterprises and businesses which have greatly contributed to the country’s ICT sector.

10.Newspaper via mobile phones

On December 16, VietNamNet became the first online newspaper in Vietnam that has a version for mobile phones (Mobile VietNamNet (http://www.vietnamnet.vn/mobi)). VietnamPlus, the Vietnam News Agency’s online newspaper also announced plans to launch a similar service very soon.

VietNamNet

tomcat007
31-12-2009, 05:15 AM
"Noel" refers to Christmas. When my girl first used it, I also blur. Asked her what "Noel" means and she says Christmas.

Is your girl from Hanoi as well? Mine is. Just don't know if "Noel" is used throughout Viet Nam or just northern Viet Nam.

tomcat007
31-12-2009, 05:27 AM
Bros,

please help with the following:

Original Message Sent To Me:

anh ngu di. ngay mai em voi
anh gap nhau roi noi nha, e
noi that ko pet vi sao e lai co
tinh cam voi anh nua e so lam

Managed To Translate:

You go sleep. Tomorrow I and
you meet together already noi nha, i
say that ko pet because I lai co
tinh cam with you again e so lam

The red ones I not very understand... Thanks...!

KangTuo
31-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Is your girl from Hanoi as well? Mine is. Just don't know if "Noel" is used throughout Viet Nam or just northern Viet Nam.

gals from HCMC also send me "Chuc a Noel vui ve"

Bros,

Managed To Translate:

You sleep. Tomorrow I and you meet already talk nha, i say true not pet. For whatever reason I come to have feel with you. I am very scare.

nha = an exclaimation only
pet = ???? some short form for some thing

jackbl
31-12-2009, 10:23 AM
e noi that ko pet vi sao e lai co
tinh cam voi anh nua e so lam...

My guess : pet=BIET=know

nha = an exclaimation only
pet = ???? some short form for some thing

KangTuo
31-12-2009, 10:31 AM
i say true not pet. For whatever reason I come to have feel with you. I am very scare.

e noi that ko pet vi sao e lai co
tinh cam voi anh nua e so lam...

My guess : pet=BIET=know

so the sentence should read:

I am saying the truth, don't know for whateever reson.....

SING_IN_HCMC
31-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Bros,

Managed To Translate:

According to long hair version 2.112.2

You go sleep. Tomorrow we meet already then talk (noi nha). I say the truth I dont know becasue I have feeling for you. I am scared.

tinh cam means sentiment or feeling
noi that ko pet means to tell the truth that i don't know

KangTuo
31-12-2009, 11:39 AM
According to long hair version 2.112.2

Have you got the latest version? :D:D
I am running on version 51.678.81

jackbl
31-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Sang năm mới chúc mọi người có một bầu trời sức khoẻ, một biển cả tình thương, một đại dương tình cảm, một điệp khúc tình yêu, một người yêu chung thủy, một tình bạn mênh mông, một gia đình thịnh vượng. Chúc các bà, các ông, các cô, các chú, các chị, các anh sang năm mới vạn sự như ý, tỷ sự như mơ, làm việc như thơ, đời vui như nhạc, coi tiền như rác, coi bạc như rơm, chung thủy với cơm và sắc son với phở. Chúc vui vẻ

KangTuo
31-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Sang năm mới chúc mọi người có một bầu trời sức khoẻ, một biển cả tình thương, một đại dương tình cảm, một điệp khúc tình yêu, một người yêu chung thủy, một tình bạn mênh mông, một gia đình thịnh vượng. Chúc các bà, các ông, các cô, các chú, các chị, các anh sang năm mới vạn sự như ý, tỷ sự như mơ, làm việc như thơ, đời vui như nhạc, coi tiền như rác, coi bạc như rơm, chung thủy với cơm và sắc son với phở. Chúc vui vẻ

thay giao jackbl... please translate
phrase too long to understand leh.

tomcat007
31-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the help in translating.

tomcat007
01-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Hi bros...

another request for translation...

"bay jo em dag o nha. e uoc gi em voi anh dc o gan nhau"

I understand so far...

"Now I at home. I wish i and you dc at gan nhau"

Please help with the red words. Thanks.

KangTuo
01-01-2010, 03:12 AM
"Now I at home. I wish i and you dc at gan nhau"

dc = duoc = can
gan nhau = near together

SING_IN_HCMC
01-01-2010, 07:37 AM

Mine is the Sgn version.

Your version is Sin version ba? Quite power huh. I will upgrade my Sin version also to J51.BL.M51. Just hope that it is stable and does not clash.:D

SING_IN_HCMC
01-01-2010, 07:39 AM

Mine is the Sgn version.

Your version is Sin version ba? Quite power huh. I will install my Sin version also to J51.BL.M51. Harddisk space limited. Just hope that it is stable and does not clash.:D

jackbl
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
TRAVEL : Dalat flower “banquet”
=======================================

VietNamNet Bridge – On the morning of December 31, one day before the Dalat Flower Festival, Dalat was very busy with flower-related activities, such as flower arrangement competitions and street decorating.

Giant flower Buddha stands above Da Lat flower festival

Vice-Chair Tran Dinh Van stated that the flower fair will open on January 1, 2010. On the same day, a special show will take place in the evening to open the six-day flower festival.

Many other cultural and sports activities will be held on this occasion, such as “Dalat – The Venue of Love,” a dual cycling competition, a mountaineering contest to Lang Biang, a music gala and a closing ceremony entitled “Flower Road and Wine,” with around 5,500 liters of free wine on offer.

zhu star
01-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Mine is the Sgn version.

Your version is Sin version ba? Quite power huh. I will install my Sin version also to J51.BL.M51. Harddisk space limited. Just hope that it is stable and does not clash.:D

Can I have a copy also?

SING_IN_HCMC
01-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Can I have a copy also?

sure, we can install together J51.BL.M51:D

jackbl
01-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I also hope to install this new version, this year, maybe i need your advice on installation portion :p . I hv your contact liao. Once of these day, i will jio u out :D ;)
sure, we can install together J51.BL.M51

jackbl
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Please help to protect their environment by not eating extinct species

Wild water birds dined and poached

VietNamNet Bridge - A large number of adult and young wild birds in the Mekong Delta’s Bac Lieu Province are ending up on dinner tables and uncontrolled poaching is pushing several rare species to extinction, experts warn.

“The owners of groves that are bird habitats are catching young birds to sell for food during the breeding season while others trap adults all year round,” said park ranger Mai Thanh Truong.

Tran Quoc Hung, vice head of the Phuoc Long District Agriculture and Rural Development Division, said an average of 400 wild birds are openly sold every day in the district.

Bac Lieu has seven large groves that are home to wild birds, the leading number of such habitats in the Mekong Delta. These groves attract a variety of tropical water birds including egrets, storks, cormorants and other species.

Although it is illegal to hunt and trade in protected bird species in Vietnam, many bird grove owners have long depended on selling the birds to earn a living, which has made it difficult for local agencies to enforce the ban.

Nguyen Van Thiet, owner of a grove in Phuoc Long District, admitted he has been selling around 200 wild birds a day to restaurants and traders recently, including young birds he caught from nests in his grove.

A young bird fetched between VND10,000 (US$0.54) and VND22,000 ($1.2) depending on the species, he added.

Thiet said his family’s main source of income was selling birds from his six-hectare grove, at around VND100 million ($5,400) a year, and that he has seen no ban enforced by local authorities.

Phan Duy Tuyen, director of the Bac Lieu Department of Science and Technology, said the department has prepared a plan to survey and protect birds in the province.

However, there has been no plan so far to invest in private groves that are bird habitats and to create other income-generating opportunities for their owners in a bid to end their illegal poaching, Tuyen admitted.

VietNamNet/Thanh Nien

SING_IN_HCMC
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I also hope to install this new version, this year, maybe i need your advice on installation portion :p . I hv your contact liao. Once of these day, i will jio u out :D ;)

Installation very easy one...my status:

J51 - installed liao. Got some "free wares" but recently kena "KoCoTien" virus and J51 had requested for anti-virus subscription. I am not keen though. Currently down on maintenance mode and back to factory. Shd be up in mid Jan.

BL - installed liao. Am taking this copy with me to Sgn then Hanoi in late Jan. Hope no probl with custom cos it is a pirated copy. Original copy in Sgn.

M51 - still doing on-site acceptance trial. A few versions, pending final evaluation.

If you are ok, let me know.

jackbl
01-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Highest Tet bonus in Hanoi? $18,700
========================================

VietNamNet Bridge – According to over 100 companies’ salary and bonus reports for Tet to the Hanoi Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs, the highest bonus is 337 million dong ($18,700) and the lowest is just 100,000 dong ($5.5)/person.

The highest Tet bonus is given by a foreign-invested company. The highest salary paid in the foreign-owned sector is 140 million dong/month and the lowest is 1.1 million dong/month.

On average, Tet bonuses in the foreign-invested sector are 3.36 million dong/person, up 6 percent over 2008. At state-owned enterprises, the highest Tet bonus is 25 million dong and the lowest 1.1 million dong, or 1.86 million on average.

The average income of workers at state-owned enterprises in 2009 is 2.8 million dong per month, up 11.3 percent over 2008. The income gap between state-owned enterprises is not large, with the highest salary around 3.7 times the lowest.

The state-owned enterprises that pay the highest average salary are service firms, with 6 million dong/worker/month, while textile and paper companies pay the lowest salaries, 1.6 million dong/month on average.

For businesses operating under the Enterprise Law, the highest Tet bonus is 50 million dong and the lowest is 200,000 dong, averaging 1.825 million dong/person.

Hanoi has more than 40,000 companies of all kinds, but just over 100 of them sent salary and bonus reports to their local Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs. The Department requested that enterprises send the report several times, but the small rate of compliance has led to limited information on Hanoians’ incomes.

Vu Diep

jackbl
01-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Four jailed for sale of young ’brides’
=====================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The People's Court in the southwestern province of Tay Ninh yesterday, December 30, sentenced four people to imprisonments ranging from two to 12 years for trafficking more than 400 young women to Malaysia, South Korea, and Taiwan to be sold as brides.

Nguyen Thi Ngoc Yen, 53, and Nguyen The Phong, 31, the main go betweens, got 12 and seven years respectively.

Nguyen Thi Khuan, 61, got four years and Pham Thi Phi, two years.

The People's Court also ordered them to pay compensation to the victims.

Five others, including Chin Bang, Nam Dung, Tu Tron, are still under investigation.

From mid-2007 to November 2008, Yen and Phong sold more than 400 young women from Tay Ninh and other Mekong Delta provinces.

In 2006, Yen rented a house in HCM City to select good-looking young women as "mail-order" brides for South Korean and Taiwanese men. A year later, she colluded with a woman whose husband was a Malaysian called Mm Ly. Soon she and Min Ly began to traffic women, with the latter paying her US$1,000 for each girl. Yen was reportedly supplied girls by others like Nguyen Thi Khuan, Tu Tron, Chin Bang, Nam Dung whom she paid VNI2 million for each victim. Yen helped the victims learn foreign languages before they were sent to a foreign country.

At the trial, Yen, Khuan, and Phi pleaded guilty but Phong denied trafficking women, saying all he did was "helping", for the women and demanded proof of his guilt.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

jackbl
01-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Smoking ban and capital crimes among new 2010 regulations in Vietnam
================================================== =========

VietNamNet Bridge – A smoking ban on public sites and the abolition of the death penalty for eight crimes are among new regulations that will take effect as of January 1, 2010.

Other legislation includes raising the minimum salary, collecting personal income tax from securities traders and issuing new health insurance cards.

According to the amended penal code, eight crimes will no longer be potential capital crimes - rape, swindling to appropriate assets of others, counterfeiting cash, false bonds, using drugs, hijacking aircrafts and ships, bribery and damaging weapons and military equipment.

In the health sector, many changes will be brought in from January 1, 2010. Current health insurance cards will be replaced by new design ones. During the time taken to change the cards, patients can still use the old ones.

Smoking at public sites will be banned as of the same day. However, many are already saying this ban is unfeasible because there are not enough staff available to supervise public site. According to new regulations, smokers at public sites will have to pay a fine of between 50,000 and100,000 dong.

The increase in minimum salary in the New Year is good news for workers. The new minimum salary will be divided into four regions. The region 1 (local enterprises) will receive 980,000 dong per month, region 2 880,000 per month, region 3 810,000 per month and region 3 730,000 dong per month. Thus, workers will earn an additional increase of between 80,000 and 180,000 dong per month.

As of January 1, 2010, securities investors will have to pay personal income tax at the rate of 0.1 percent of the total value of transaction.

VietNamNet/Tien Phong

jackbl
01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
HCM City in the top ten expensive Asian cities

VietNamNet Bridge – According to the Forbes, HCM City ranks the tenth among Asian cities for expensiveness, based on the house leasing prices and the real estate market.

According to Forbes, HCM City people have to pay $1800 to hire an apartment with two luxurious bedrooms for a month. Meanwhile, the per capita income of the local residents is $2800/year.

The real estate market in HCM City, the biggest city and an economic centre in Vietnam, is quite stable in the economic crisis. In the third quarter of 2009, over ten new housing projects were kicked off. The demand for housing is still growing, despite economic slowdown.

In the global financial crisis, the estate prices continue escalating in Asia. The pay for hiring houses and offices in the biggest cities in this continent doesn’t reduce or highly rises compared to per capita income. It is even more expensive to buy house than the pre-crisis period. This October, an apartment in Hong Kong was sold for $56 milion.

Japan’s Tokyo is still the most expensive city. The average price for hiring a luxurious apartment with two bedrooms is $4737. The four cities in the top five are Hong Kong, Beijing, Mumbai and Shanghai.

To make this list, Forbes used data of the Mercer, which has researched of the growth in Asia compared to the rest of the world in the last two decades.

VietNamNet/Forbes/VNE

zhu star
01-01-2010, 02:54 PM
sure, we can install together J51.BL.M51:D

Aiya, just name your location and time lah. Btw how come you no come join us for countdown. You doing your own private countdown?

zhu star
01-01-2010, 02:55 PM

Don't forget to count me in when you jio SInging HCMC. We can always go look at ah Hwa together

jackbl
01-01-2010, 03:56 PM
If you are ok, let me know.

Don't forget to count me in when you jio SInging HCMC. We can always go look at ah Hwa together

Sir ZhuStar, ur contact is xxxx5998 right?

The pub that i go to JC often is Bunker, would u guys mind? I go there to find "teachers" to teach me vietnamese language.

AdGuy
01-01-2010, 05:44 PM
All I can say about this batch is... wow!

I would love to say that they were translated by my forum, but they were not. These were taken from youtube but since we are all about sharing, I thought 'why not just include them'. My next batch of translations is on its way.

Click here to enjoy (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/latest-songs-updated-f21/10-new-updates-1-jan-10-t110.htm#205)

Chuc Mung Nam Moi to everyone!!!

Vì Một Người
100% Yêu Em
Bức Thư Tình Đầu Tiên
Bối Rối
Bỗng Dưng Muốn Khóc
Một Vòng Trái Đất
Anh Tin Mình Đã Cho Nhau Một Kỷ Niệm
Không Đau Vì Quá Đau
Nước Mắt
Đừng Nhìn Lại

zhu star
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM

The pub that i go to JC often is Bunker, would u guys mind? I go there to find "teachers" to teach me vietnamese language.

Not my favorite drinking hole due to some fxxkup policy. But then just to get to know you I dont mind breaking my tradition.;) And yes that my number

naemlo
01-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Not my favorite drinking hole due to some fxxkup policy. But then just to get to know you I dont mind breaking my tradition.;) And yes that my number

U should be in JC now. :rolleyes: Good man? :eek:

zhu star
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
U should be in JC now. :rolleyes: Good man? :eek:

Yes, I was there sitting at the coffee shop enjoying some quiet moment with my girl after a crazy week of pub hopping:)

SING_IN_HCMC
02-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Ok can,just need some lead-time though....

SING_IN_HCMC
02-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Aiya, just name your location and time lah. Btw how come you no come join us for countdown. You doing your own private countdown?

Sorly Ah Hia, me got family thingy lor

zhu star
02-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Sorly Ah Hia, me got family thingy lor

Bring them there for countdown also mah:D

naemlo
02-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes, I was there sitting at the coffee shop enjoying some quiet moment with my girl after a crazy week of pub hopping:)

kopi there more fragrant and cheaper??? Need to drive all the way there to drink? Your neighborhood bo kopi tiam?? :rolleyes:

slk_angelz
02-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Need help in translating these 2 sentences :

Uh, cang ngay cang xinh. Iu wa nha

thich hinh nay qua..man qua di

Thanks !!

zhu star
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
kopi there more fragrant and cheaper??? Need to drive all the way there to drink? Your neighborhood bo kopi tiam?? :rolleyes:

Ah know my friendly neighborhood kopi tiam has cheaper coffee but they don't have girl that will sit with me and more important let me touch them:D

naemlo
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Ah know my friendly neighborhood kopi tiam has cheaper coffee but they don't have girl that will sit with me and more important let me touch them:D

Have mah... those beer promoters, worse kopi soo loh.

jackbl
02-01-2010, 04:11 PM
The hard life of the gifted student in Vietnam
===========================================

VietNamNet Bridge – An student known only as TTQ from Linh Long province sent a letter describing his experience to Saigon’s Tiep Thi newspaper.

In it he described the pressures he is under at a “gifted school” outlining the advantages and disadvantages and the elements that education experts say lead to students with qualifications but no living skills.

He writes:

“I get up early at 4.30 am every day, though I don’t need any alarm clock. Getting up early to do exercises has become a normal thing since I entered the gifted school. After I finish doing exercises, I hurry to change my clothes to go to school, where I spend the whole morning on five learning periods. After finishing the five periods, I hurry get home, have lunch and then learn again.

“I always have to be present at 2 o’clock at school to attend the lessons on physical exercises and national defense and some special subjects. After that, I return home to have some food and then go to extra classes. I have to go to extra classes, because without the tutoring hours, I will not be able to understand lessons well.

“I return home late at 9 pm every day. After that, I review my lessons until 11 or 12 pm and then go to bed.

“Since I entered the gifted school, I have had to say farewell to TV, my one-time closest friend, because I have no time.

“At school, teachers always set high requirements and have high hopes for us, therefore, all of us have to work very hard. Sometimes, I think that we are like engines, because we only do one thing, learning and learning.

“If I don’t learn too hard, I will be weeded out from the gifted classes and I will have to learn in a normal class.

“I never want to be sick, because I will have to stay at home. If so, I will not be able to attend lessons and later I may not understand lessons, then I will lag behind my classmates.

“I am now at the 11th grade. I cherished the hope of studying at a gifted school when I was a small child. My brother was also at a gifted school and I wanted to follow him. Honestly speaking, gifted school students are respected and my mother is proud of us. She has sacrificed her time and her money to feed her gifted school students.

“I learned so hard when I prepared for the gifted school entrance exams that I lost five kilos in weight.

“All of us are learning so hard. But I feel I am luckier than my friends, because I have good health. One of my friends once lost consciousness because of overworking. ‘Stress’ is a word familiar to every gifted student, because all of us have to learn well to satisfy our parents and our teachers

“It is clear that gifted school students learn very well. However, it seems that we are very bad at many other things. We don’t know how to communicate well with people. Some of my friends of the same age call us “battery hens”. At first, I got angry, but I think they are right. I wish I had time for relaxing and entertainment. We are not machines. . .”

Deputy Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Vinh Hien said on December 26 at a conference on developing gifted schools that many problems still exist. The goal of many gifted schools is only to prepare their students for national and international competitions and for university entrance exams.

VietNamNet/VnMedia

noname12sg
02-01-2010, 10:53 PM
would like to know what 'Nì suân thì hao ma' means

jackbl
03-01-2010, 04:44 AM
Walan eh... now vietnamese also write their own style of Hanyu Pinyin liao huh???
I interpret as 你身体好吗?
would like to know what 'Nì suân thì hao ma' means

SING_IN_HCMC
03-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Walan eh... now vietnamese also write their own style of Hanyu Pinyin liao huh???
I interpret as 你身体好吗?

Wah, like that you also can translate, pei fu pei fu...I was wondering what the * the sentence means...anyway, nice to meet you....

jackbl
03-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Maybe she ask him whether his body is good enough to MAKE LOVE with her or not.... :D

I m surprised that u cum over and say hello to me. How u know me? :confused: Yesterd nite is a BAD night for the group. U can go to the Blue Lagoon thread to know why ;) My next trip there will be to BUNKER. :D

Wah, like that you also can translate, pei fu pei fu...I was wondering what the * the sentence means...anyway, nice to meet you....

casannova03
03-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I interpret as 你身体好吗?

No la....just as we are learning TV, many of these gals are learning chinese using translation books with hanyu pinyin...

I have seen one myself...almost died laughing when one gal brought it out from her bag and asked me on certain words and phrases...A4 size book with many many pages....machiam last time sch textbook sia!!!:D:D

jackbl
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Saw that many times liao..... Many bought books from their bookstore, e.g. Daily conversation english, 1001 english phrases, Commonly used english sentences, English for beginners, etc... Each cost about 20,000 to 50,000vnd only :D
No la....just as we are learning TV, many of these gals are learning chinese using translation books with hanyu pinyin...

I have seen one myself...almost died laughing when one gal brought it out from her bag and asked me on certain words and phrases...A4 size book with many many pages....machiam last time sch textbook sia!!!:D:D

jackbl
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM

translation:

Now i know what is budgon= Blue Lagoon ....... :D

jackbl
03-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Yo bro, try this for beginner learning:

http://www.l-lingo.com/app/l-lingo_vie.html

Ok looks like I have to go up mountain to search deep deep le.

Seriously, since I know a few words here and there, I thought it would be good to know the basics well. And if I wanted to learn, I might as well try to learn the correct stuff right at the very beginning. Don't really have a particular motive at the moment. How far to go to learn TV I will leave that to the future to consider.

zhu star
03-01-2010, 01:20 PM

I also just found out. Odd way to name the place. Anyway, next week got time to meet for a drink at any location including Bun......:)

slk_angelz
03-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Anyone willing to help translate these :

to cung them keo qua...!!! Mam mam

Thanks in advance !!

vagrant
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I m surprised that u cum over and say hello to me. How u know me? :confused:

...anyway, nice to meet you....

Bro Jack: 99.999% of the gals there know you, according to the gal Ah Zhen :D

Bro Sing: aiyo you were there, did not get a chance to say hello to you...

AdGuy
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM

Y do you sound surprised?

99.999% of the SYTs know you also mah :D

KangTuo
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM

I also just found out.

with the big signboard hanging outside, they still don'y bother to look at it and spell it correctly.

Last week i sit a gal, a friend sms her where she is and she reply 'blugon'... i corrected her mistake

KangTuo
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Need help in translating these 2 sentences :

Thanks !!

nobody help huh?
have you find out?

cang...cang... = the more ... the more...
iu = yeu

translation:
yes, the more day the more pretty. love alot.
like this photo alot. man alot.

the 'di' and 'nha' is just some exclaimation.

'man' may be a shortform for something which i yet to find out.
anyone can help?

SING_IN_HCMC
04-01-2010, 12:24 PM
nobody help huh?
have you find out?

iu = yeu

translation:

the 'di' and 'nha' is just some exclaimation.

anyone can help?

Man = mặn = salty?

jackbl
04-01-2010, 12:25 PM
99.9999% of the VBs know Bro Vagrant will sit more than 1 gal so they will flop to him :D

Bro Vagrant, since u already got the "secret manual" hope that u can go up mountain to practise the skill....
Y do you sound surprised?

99.999% of the SYTs know you also mah :D

SING_IN_HCMC
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Bro Sing: aiyo you were there, did not get a chance to say hello to you...

Oh, I did see a group with Jackbl....next time I say hi to you...:)

jackbl
04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I guess 'man' is the same word as MAN? Maybe the picture has a man and he is very manly????

Thats why to avoid confusion, please provide info of your conversation with the gal to ppl u requested to help u on translation. That will be easier.... but this request has fallen to deaf ears.

Bro KT, u good man and good heart... have the patience to do that :) Hope u have many FOC bonks but dun hurt the heart of the gals.
anyone can help?

jackbl
04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Since u have touch on this sentence, i would like to add more on this:

cang ngay cang xinh/dep = 越来越美。

When u say above to gals u have not seen for long, she will be happy to hear even it is a lie :D :p

Another cang xxx cang xxx usage is as below:
cang som cang tot = 越早越好。

nobody help huh?
have you find out?

iu = yeu

translation:

jackbl
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Da Lat’s festival of flowers closes
==========================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The Third Da Lat Flower Festival will wind up tonight, January 4, farewelling thousands of visitors who have filled the tree-lined streets of the mountain resort city.

For latecomers to the festival, events still open today including Da Lat Open Golf Tournament, Lang Biang Mountain Climbing Competition and Wine Gala.

Organisers said they could not measure visitor numbers to the annual event despite all hotel rooms being occupied as many holidaymakers were forced to share rooms at private houses.

The three-day 'Da Lat - the city of thousands kinds of flowers' festival which started on Saturday, is also one of the lead-up events to celebrate the Thang Long - Ha Noi 1,000th anniversary.

Though the festival officially opened on Saturday, visitors to Da Lat and locals have been enjoying the festive vibe since Thursday.

"This flower festival is not only to introduce a city that is world renowned for its flowers but to promote the country's landscape and the people's unique cultural identities," President Nguyen Minh Triet told the opening ceremony.

The President said the festival had aided Da Lat City's socio-economic development by attracting investors and boosted tourism with visitor numbers exceeding expectations.

The festival was a reminder that flowers were not the only symbol of the highland city with horse-drawn carriages, old cars and carts parading for the opening ceremony on Saturday evening.

Beautiful lighting arrangements in the shape of peach flowers in the stage, as colorful fireworks burst above the romantic Xuan Huong Lake. Hundreds of girls dressed in traditional costumes of 54 ethnic groups around the country marched on stage with flower lanterns in hand. Giant video images from around Da Lat followed.

Girls balanced bamboo poles on their shoulders with flower baskets at either end on the way to market. Horse drawn carriages with flowers clip-clopped beside old beetle Volkswagens and Porches. Couples in sweaters and scarves, holding umbrellas walked side by side in the chill of winter.

Provincial People's Committee Chairman Huynh Duc Hoa said that the Prime Minister's recognition of Da Lat as 'the city of flowers' in December was an impetus for socio-economic development making this flower festival a milestone.

The events started on Friday with a huge flower market and exhibition at the city's Flower Garden.

An interesting part of the exhibition was a painting contest with entries from 700 students in grade 1 to 9 from 45 schools in the city. A lot of the entries were paintings of the city's symbols, including Cock Church, Xuan Huong Lake and the city's Flower Garden.

"I was proud and excited this morning about coming here to draw the city's Flower Garden," said Do Doan Thao Nhi, an eighth grader at Phan Chu Trinh School.

All the paintings will stay on exhibit in the garden till the festival ends.

On Saturday morning, 200 tandem-bicycles decorated with flowers were pedaled around Xuan Huong Lake by teenage boys and girls.

"My team decorated our four tandem bikes with flowers in the shape of a dragon because we wanted to celebrate the Flower Festival 2010 and the Thang Long - Ha Noi 1000th anniversary together," said Tran Van Hung, a member of Phu Dong High School's Youth Union.

The festival's message to flower growers is to join hand and cooperate to make flowers the major driving force behind the city's development.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

jackbl
04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Took me more than 1 hr to ride from Hoc Mon to District 1.... :mad:

Bus drivers quit, can’t stand road conditions
================================================== =====
A bus bogged down by a street barrier in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 1.

VietNamNet Bridge - Bus drivers in Ho Chi Minh City are quitting in droves as street barriers lengthen their trips and decrease their pay.

Drivers said their income depended on the number of trips a day and they complained that they now drove far fewer trips each day as traffic jams around construction barriers holds them up.

“It used to take me one and half hours to drive my route, but now it takes me three hours,” said Luu Minh Hai, who drives to and from District 8 to Vietnam National University-HCMC everyday.

According to Hai, the route is now full of street barriers that trap busses during traffic jams.

“Passengers complain that we go too slowly and drivers are exhausted and stressed out,” said Ho Minh Trong, a driver on the Cho Lon Bus Station-Tan Van Junction route. “Not to mention that it burns more gas.”

Many bus cooperatives have decided to cut down on the number of trips due to worsening traffic jams, meaning that drivers’ pay has been cut as well, said Doan Minh Tam, vice director of Saigon Coach Company.

A bus driver now earns between VND3-5 million (US$162.5-270.8) a month, although they still work from early in the morning until late at night without proper breaks between trips.

“Recently many people driving my route have quit because they couldn’t stand the pressure,” Trong said.

Phung Dang Hai, director general of HCMC Bus Cooperatives Alliance, said his organization recently put nearly 100 of 1,000 buses out of service due to the lack of drivers.

He said more bus company drivers will continue to quit and it will be hard to recruit new ones due to stricter licensing requirements compared to drivers for tourism companies.

He added that many passengers no longer used busses, which they blamed for often making them late for school or work during traffic jams.

Municipal authorities should speed up construction projects to remove the hundreds of street barriers worsening traffic jams, said Hai, suggesting that bus companies may have to close their businesses if things don’t change.

Losses

Bus cooperatives said the shortage of drivers had added insult to injury as many were already suffering heavy losses.

Le Van Loc, head of Bus Cooperative No. 11, said: “Our members bought buses on an installment plan at the price of VND600-700 million ($32,493- 37,909) last year, but now we are willing to sell them for VND200 million ($10,831) because we can’t stand [the losses] anymore.”

According to Loc, the government’s huge bus subsidies weren’t effective as the money is distributed based on number of passengers. He said strong companies received little support because the funds were gobbled up by inefficient ones.

Loc also said that new subsidies, 8-9 percent higher than the old ones, had yet to be applied, although they should have taken effect on January 1, 2009, as approved by city authorities.

Total funding given to each cooperative has in the meantime been cut, thrusting even heavier losses on bus companies, according to Loc.

In a glimmer of hope, the HCMC Department of Transport has recently proposed increased funding for bus cooperatives from VND650 billion ($35.2 million) in 2009 to VND820 billion ($44.4 million) in 2010.

VietNamNet/Thanh Nien

jackbl
04-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Has past by this area not less than 20times. The city's officers ready need to look into this :mad: :mad:

HCM City pollution ‘alarming’
===========================================
Waste water flows into the 1,700-metre Ba Bo Canal which crosses five industrial zones in HCM City.

VietNamNet Bridge - Pollution caused by dust, exhaust fumes and noise in HCM City has not declined and is reaching alarming levels, according to a recent survey on the city’s air quality.

The report, released by the HCM City Environmental Protection Agency (HEPA) last month, showed that 89 per cent of examined air samples from six observation stations exceeded the acceptable maximum levels and were even bordering on the dangerous.

They are the latest results based on five parameters that evaluate air pollution, including dust, lead, noise, carbon oxide and nitrogen oxide.

The most serious air pollution is mainly in areas of An Suong intersection in District 12, Tan Binh Industrial Zone, and export-processing zones of Tan Thuan and Linh Trung.

Lead, benzene

The lead and benzene concentration has increased significantly this year, ranging between 0.22 and 0.38g per cubic metre, and increase by 2.2 times over last year, said the agency. The carbon oxide content in the air is also above the acceptable level.

The pollution caused by dust and noise has continued to rise, according to the agency. Dust from construction sites has also contributed greatly to worsening air pollution in the city which is home to more than 7 million people.

The leading factor in air pollution is exhaust fumes released by the increasing number of vehicles plying the city’s roads and the discharge of untreated smoke from production units.

The exhaust fumes-borne air pollution at An Suong cross-roads exceeds the acceptable maximum level by 4.8 times at 1.44g per cubic metre. The noise worsened most in the last three years, especially at An Suong cross-roads. One hundred per cent of the evidence gathered at the cross-roads exceeded the acceptable maximum level.

Under a five-year plan ending in 2010, the city has set several targets in order to reduce air pollution, including lowering the number of individual vehicles and controlling exhaust fumes released by production units.

However, the number of vehicles has continued to increase in recent years.

By the end of last year, the city had more than 4 million motorbikes and 300,000 automobiles of various kinds, according to official figures.

Nearly 60 per cent of motorbikes did not meet emission standards, the agency said. Viet Nam is among the countries which have the highest number of people dying of diseases caused by out-door air pollution, with up to 230 deaths per million people a year. There are between 16,000 and 20,000 people suffering from diseases related to out-door air pollution each year in Viet Nam.

The country has the second highest rate of people dying of in-door air pollution in the world with up to 400 deaths per million people a year.

The number of people suffering from pollution-related diseases is between 24,600 and 32,800 a year.

School-aged children living near the traffic intersections have more symptoms of diseases related to air-pollution.

Statistics from last year show the number of people, especially children, suffering from respiratory and lung diseases has increased remarkably compared to previous years. The ten-year statistics at the city’s Nhi Dong (Children’s) Hospital 1 said the number of children hospitalised for respiratory diseases, ear infections, asthma and congenital malformation has increased by large numbers each year.

"The major factor for the increased number of asthma patients is the serious environmental pollution," said head of HCM City Respiration Association Le Thi Tuyet Lan, who added that only 1 per cent of asthma patients were successfully treated in Viet Nam.

Doctors from the city’s Pham Ngoc Thach Tuberculosis and Lung Hospital have warned that people are on high risk of getting respiratory and lung diseases as the environment is being seriously polluted.

Health experts and environmentalists are sounding the alert on the dust and carbon oxide concentration in the air, which has exceeded the acceptable maximum level.

VietNamNet/VNS

jackbl
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Mobile phone registration deadline extended
================================================== ==

VietNamNet Bridge - Cell phone service providers VinaPhone, MobiFone, and Viettel have extended the December 31 deadline for registration by prepaid users after they failed to complete the procedures on that day for the huge crowds that thronged their offices.

MobiFone will continue the registration until January 5 and VinaPhone until December 6 while Viettel said it would continue to receive subscribers’ information without specifying a deadline.

A representative from Viettel, a military-run company, said more registration counters would be on January 2 and 3.

The Ministry of Information and Communication announced a few months ago that all prepaid subscribers have to register their details by December 31, 2009, failing which they cannot use their phones any longer.

But with many people waiting too long to register, the operators were overwhelmed and, despite working until 11 pm on December 31, could not complete the task.

MobiFone had opened 15,000 counters across the country, registering 20 million subscribers. That leaves around one million unregistered yet.

The ministry has ordered the companies to submit the registration data on January 10.

It said many SIM card sellers have applied to establish businesses and registered many cards since businesses do not have the three-card limit that individuals do.

Deputy Director of the ministry’s information department, Nguyen Xuan Tru, said there are around 100 million mobile subscribers in the country, 90 per cent of them using pre-paid cards.

Viettel, one of the largest mobile networks in Viet Nam, has at least 20 million customers with more than three numbers each. The figures are also high for MobiFone and VinaPhone.

VietNamNet/SGGP/VNE

KangTuo
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Bro KT, u good man and good heart... have the patience to do that :) Hope u have many FOC bonks but dun hurt the heart of the gals.

usually its the gal who hurt my heart.
never did i want to dump any of them since there areFOC bonk.
it is usually they dump me. :(

AdGuy
05-01-2010, 12:05 AM
never did i want to dump any of them since there are FOC bonk.

Wah poor you.

In olden times, they would just drag guys like you out to get gang raped by ah qua with big boobs.

Oh... olden times no ah qua ha? :confused:

Aiyah... just go with the story la. :D

slk_angelz
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Thats why to avoid confusion, please provide info of your conversation with the gal to ppl u requested to help u on translation. That will be easier.... but this request has fallen to deaf ears.

Paiseh ah .. Not that the request fallen to deaf ears .. Just that I am unable to come online for these 2 days, so I did not see the request .. Sorry if any bros are pissed with me ..
translation:
Think the man is just a english word .. Maybe Bro Jackbl is right .. This phrase was seen on a facebook photo which my gf comment on her ex-bf's photo .. The guy was a Vietnamese .. Just curious about what they are talking ..

Anyway, thanks Bro KT for your help .. I posted for so long, finally someone helped me with the translation ..

jackbl
05-01-2010, 03:00 AM
When u post the translation request, u shd already added in the description/background of the sentences.... Without it, not many ppl know wat the real sentence means and may translate wrongly.... Only Bro KT has such ability to "decode".....
Anyway, thanks Bro KT for your help .. I posted for so long, finally someone helped me with the translation ..

jackbl
05-01-2010, 12:07 PM
For those who have lots of US$ and SING$ there, dun change it all at 1 time first.... rate may peak at close to New Year.

Vietnam money: short-term dong, dollar rates rise

Lending rates for both the Vietnamese dong and the US dollar edged higher on Monday on Vietnam’s interbank market as businesses resumed operation after the New Year holiday.

The overnight dong lending rate rose to 10.29 percent from 10.20 percent on the last trading day of the year, Dec. 31, and the one-week rate edged up to 10.89 percent from 10.84 percent, while rates on longer terms eased, Reuters data showed.

The adjustments were in line with market expectations that corporate year-end demand for funds that started growing in the past month would continue to buoy short-term interest rates before the Lunar New Year holidays starts on Feb. 14.

Nguyen Xuan Son, chief executive of partly private Ocean Bank, said the residual effects of the downturn, the end of the government’s short-term lending rate subsidy program and pressure on the Vietnamese dong were weighing on the market.

“All of these factors have raised the input costs of enterprises, affecting their ability to repay corporate credit and surely affecting banks,” Son was quoted in the Monday edition of the official Securities Investment magazine as saying.

The central bank plans to tighten bank lending and reduce credit growth this year to around 25 percent from 38 percent in 2009 as the government seeks to prevent hyperinflation.

The State Bank of Vietnam raised the benchmark base rate on dong loans to 8 percent from Dec 1 and said it would keep it unchanged in January. The rate had been 7 percent since February 2009.

On the dollar front, greenback lending rates for periods of of up to six months edged higher on the interbank market against closing levels on Dec. 31, with the overnight rate jumping to 0.52 percent from 0.46 percent.

Last week the Industry and Trade Ministry projected Vietnam’s annual trade deficit this year could widen to US$14.5 billion from a deficit of $12.25 billion last year.

But the foreign exchange market could stabilize this year after the government ordered the country’s nearly 20 gold trading floors to close by March 30.

Source: Reuters

jackbl
05-01-2010, 12:12 PM
So popular until lidat huh....:confused:

Da Lat flower festival patrons left homeless
Thousands of visitors to the Da Lat Flower Festival were left out in the cold this weekend as the city’s 40,000 hotel rooms were no match for the 100,000 tourists who had come to marvel in the horticultural splendor.

The central highlands resort town’s biennial flower festival is one of Vietnam’s largest celebrations and never fails to attract large crowds to Da Lat, the crown jewel and de facto capital of the “tonkinese alps.”

However, only 50 percent of the festival’s visitors were able to stay overnight this year, with hundreds, settling into local parks at night and thousands others simply leaving.

As first of ten events celebrating Hanoi’s 1,000th anniversary this year, the four-day festival drew record crowds as early as Friday, though the event did not officially open until Saturday

Some 12,000 people attended the opening ceremony alone.

Da Lat’s third biennial flower festival featured flower and ornamental plant exhibitions, a flower-product trade show and a flower fair.

Source: Tuoi Tre

jackbl
05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Someone passed me names on pieces of paper, and the papers seems to be used for Dairy....saw some proverbs:

NGHEO MA DAY DU BAN BE THAN THICH CON HON GIAN CO MA CO DOC
Society in poverty is better than solitude in wealth

BAN MA GIA DOI CON TE HON KE THU CONG KHAI
False friends are worse than open enemies

TINH BAN DI DAU, TIEP SAU YEU DAU
First make friend, then make love

tomcat007
06-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Can bros help to translate the red words please:

1. em muon bao anh la anh cu xem em la ban mot nguoi ban khi buon co the tam su voi nhau co the hon

Ok, I was trying to turn this girl away but she keeps coming back. :( I roughly know that she says she want to tell me something like when I "???" or when she sad "????" with together, can?

I can't find "cu xem" or "tam su" in vdict.com. I know this is a bit messy, but if can help, thank you very much.

2. co the nhung anh phai hen em truoc nha

I was asking her if I can look for her if I need to "perform some action", and this is her reply.

The above messages are from the same girl. Been wanting to turn her away as my Hanoi girl is more than enough for me to handle, but she's like a boomerang... always flying back. Even visit her workplace and call her friend to sit, but not her also no use.

Thanks for reading...

jackbl
06-01-2010, 03:27 AM
Pay of lecturer worse than waiter/waitress, who want to work and have so much mental stress????

Training hit by lecturer shortage
============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Economics universities are complaining that they cannot recruit enough lecturers and it is badly affecting the quality of training provided.

“We need 80 lecturers, but we have recruited only 12. It is very difficult to recruit lecturers for popular study branches such as finance and banking, and business administration,” said Ho Dieu, deputy president of the HCM City Banking University.

Dieu said that in 2009, the university had 800 graduates, but only two applied to be lecturers at the university. Among several hundred other applications, only a few had high ranking degrees, while most graduated universities at only ‘average’ levels.

However, even with low requirements, the university still could find only 12 lecturers, mostly in mathematics, foreign languages and informatics lecturers. Meanwhile, the university has recruited only three lecturers for the university’s main study branches of finance and banking, and business administration.

Dieu said his university is now lacking some 200 lecturers compared to the standards set by the Ministry of Education and Training.

The same situation is faced by the HCM City Economics University which needs to recruit 64 new lecturers for the 2009-2010 school year, but could recruit 32 only. It needed nine lecturers for trade, tourism and marketing, but there were only four applicants. The university could recruit only four lecturers for accountancy and auditing, while it needed seven

Dinh Trung Chanh, Head of the Personnel division of the HCM City Agriculture and Forestry University, said that there are very few applications for the post of lecturers of popular study options such as information technology, biology and environment technology. Chanh said his university is lacking some 80 lecturers.

Cao Cong Minh from the HCM City Polytechnique and Technology University also said his university has organized an exam to select lecturers. It got only 200 applications and recruited 50 lecturers, not enough for all study branches such as business administration, finance and accountancy, environment and biology technology.

Minh said his university will have to enroll 300 new lecturers in the next five years to meet the requirements set by the Ministry of Education and Training that there must be one lecturer for every 18-20 students.

Dieu said economics graduates can easily find good jobs with good salaries at companies and banks and they do not want to become university lecturers to get the pay which is 60-70 percent lower.

Dieu said that new lecturers will have a modest income of 1.8-2 million dong a month and have to experience a 12-month probation period. Therefore, becoming a lecturer is not a good choice in the eyes of economics graduates.

“Since we are lacking lecturers, the existing lecturers have to have more teaching hours, so they do not have time for scientific research any more,” Dieu complained.

VietNamNet/NLD

jackbl
06-01-2010, 04:00 AM
Another site for learning basic vietnamese taught in mandarin :

《轻松学越南语》 ??????????? - ?????? (http://www.chenhuangfeng.com/qingsong/index.html)

KangTuo
06-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I cannot really translate word for word. But the whole meaning is something like:

1. em muon bao anh la anh cu xem em la ban mot nguoi ban khi buon co the tam su voi nhau co the hon

She want to say to you why you oppose her as a friend. 1 person as friend, if sad, 'pour sorrow' to each other can or not.

tam su: pour sorrow 'su ku' in chinese
xem: see
cu= cứ = to continue; to keep on
or
cu = cự = to oppose; to resist (should be this one in this case)

can you reply her soon/first/in advance

hope it helps :)

jackbl
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM

I cannot really translate word for word. But the whole meaning is something like:

Here the "cu" is interpret as CONTINUE.
I cant translate word by word by sth on the line:
I want tell you is you continue to see me as a friend. When sad maybe confide together more.

jackbl
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM

I was asking her if I can look for her if I need to "perform some action", and this is her reply.

Can but u need to make appointment with me first :)

From her reply style, seems that she is from hanoi, am i right?

KangTuo
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
The above messages are from the same girl. Been wanting to turn her away as my Hanoi girl is more than enough for me to handle

She want to say to you why you oppose her as a friend. 1 person as friend, if sad, 'pour sorrow' to each other can or not.

Here the "cu" is interpret as CONTINUE.
I cant translate word by word by sth on the line:
I want tell you is you continue to see me as a friend. When sad maybe confide together more.

I did NOT read the posting properly. I thought tomcat007 is trying to get away from her. so I interpret as she is asking him why oppose as friend...

If it was tomcat007 who send her sms 'to perform action' first and she replied, your interpretation is definitely correct, MASTER jackbl

This is a classic example why jackbl keep asking bro to tell the situation rather than just quoting some sentence in TV to ask for translation. :)

jackbl
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Even native speaker also ask me to do the same cos 1 sentence without any word signage will be difficult to understand....

If u quote me with the background of the sms, the before and after, I will try my best to translate. If i dun know, i will ask my viet frens.

This is a classic example why jackbl keep asking bro to tell the situation rather than just quoting some sentence in TV to ask for translation. :)

shithitsthefan
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
dear bros, wonder if anyone can help to translate the following for me please.. especially the words in red which still confounds me even after i tried google translate and vdict with numerous word combinations.. just cant get what it means..

"Bay gio a chua la gi cua e. Tai sao a kg hanh phuc."

The background is i had a small tiff with the girl and i told her i wasnt happy and she sent me the above sms after i left without saying bye to her..

Thanks a million!

jackbl
07-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Deposit rate is better than sgp, can consider transfer fund there :D

Banks paying out to depositors while charging borrowers more

VietNamNet Bridge – Commercial banks says they are having to dodge the law by offering higher-than-allowed interest rates to depositors while charging borrowers more.

They claim that if they didn’t then there’d be left with only limited funds to lend out to assist businesses.

While the ceiling lending interest rate is 12 percent per annum, businesses are paying 15 percent, including a 3 percent “loan fee”. The State Bank of Vietnam instructs banks not to pay more than 10.5 percent for deposits, but banks still more to attract more deposits.

One director of a business said that he was told by a bank that he would have to pay 15.6 percent per annum if he wanted to receive a loan. Meanwhile, the additional 3.6 percent is charged as assessment fees, mortgaged asset management fees and other kinds of expenses. The director said that previously, fees were equal to just half of current levels at 2.5-3 percent.

In other cases, businesses do not have to pay additional fees to lenders, but they still have pay more for loans. A deputy director of a garment company in HCM City said he signed a contract on borrowing 10 billion dong from a bank, but he received eight billion dong only, while the other two billion dong were deposited at the bank as the collateral for the interest the business has to pay.

Nguyen Bang Tam, deputy chairman of the Listing Companies’ Club, said that a lot of businesses are complaining that additional fees are making production costs higher.

The ‘fee collection technology’

Most commercial banks have admitted that they cannot provide loans at the interest rate of 12 percent as set by the State Bank. It is because they cannot mobilize capital at 10.5 percent as stipulated by the State Bank. They have to pay higher to depositors if they want to have capital.

Commercial banks are now sharing with each other their experiences on how to collect additional fees from borrowers and avoid the punishment from the State Bank. Therefore, the “fee collection technology” has become increasingly sophisticated.

A director of an import-export company in HCM City said he was told to sign a “finance consultancy contract”. He had to write a document outlining a business plans complete with problems. He was then requested to ask for the bank’s consultancy assistance. With the contract, he had to pay 1 percent worth of the consultancy fee, which, in fact, is the lending interest rate.

Vietnam is among the 10 countries in the world which have the highest lending interest rates. Many claim that the high interest rates are contrary to the Government’s effort to stimulate the national economy.

The inflation rate in Vietnam is less than seven percent, while the deposit interest rate is up to 10.5 percent, and lending interest rates are between 12 and 15 percent per annum.

The State Bank of Vietnam says it has realized the “abnormality” of the interest rate performance. Therefore, it has instructed banks not to apply overly high interest rates. However, it seems that both bankers and businesses do not want to follow the instructions.

tomcat007
07-01-2010, 01:51 AM

or
cu = cự = to oppose; to resist (should be this one in this case)

can you reply her soon/first/in advance

hope it helps :)

Thanks, bro. Just met her today again at her work place (never thought I would be going there in the near future in the first place) and managed to sort the mystery behind her messages. And once again, the KC master got it right...

tomcat007
07-01-2010, 01:56 AM
From her reply style, seems that she is from hanoi, am i right?

Er... no, she's from HCM. One chilli padi from Hanoi is more than enough for me to handle. :( But, from tonight's experience, this one is turning out to be a chilli padi too. Luckily I'm not as "attached" to her as I was to the Hanoi one.

tomcat007
07-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I did NOT read the posting properly. I thought tomcat007 is trying to get away from her. so I interpret as she is asking him why oppose as friend...

If it was tomcat007 who send her sms 'to perform action' first and she replied, your interpretation is definitely correct, MASTER jackbl

Actually the sms sequence is as I posted in my original post. She seemed "emotionally unstable", hence from day 2, I've been trying to avoid her (to the extend of not asking her company when I go her work place). One "chia tay" sms to her yield 7 replies from her. :eek: Could have hanged on to her for the free bonk but I'm afraid of things becoming sticky.

Later, I sort of managed to talk her into carrying on as normal customer / service provider... then the second sms appear.

Sorry for the confusion.... I thought that just explaining the situation behind the sms is sufficient, hence didn't think of further explaining the before and after smses as each sms is easily 300 characters long.. :eek:

slk_angelz
07-01-2010, 02:43 AM
I need some help in translating long msg .. I don't know if it will be better to post on the forum or send PM to any of the bros .. Its sort of a conversation between my gf n her ex-bf .. They communicate in Viet, sort of hiding something from me .. If really something is going on, then I guess its better to back out now than too late .. So should I post all here or send a PM to any of the bros who could help ?? Pls advise !! Thanks ..

tomcat007
07-01-2010, 03:56 AM
I would say post it here so those who know / can translate will help along.

slk_angelz
07-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Gf : qua xem avata cua minh di,tui nay moi chup hom qua do.xem va cho y kien di

Ex-bf : tet nam nay be dau co ve vn an tet nhi² ?? Dinh luu lac den khi nao moi ve day ??

Ex-bf : baby, dinh luu lac o ben do khi nao ve vn day...!!! Qua day tham a di e xp..!!! ban oi, to ghi cho cau la baby, co nguoi ghen to kia huhu

Gf : ai ghen pipi vay?gf ah?

Ex-bf : ^^ ko co, dua thoi ma !!!

Gf : tien co,nguoi yeu dep trai giau chut xiu cung co nhung pi ah..sao minh ko cam thay vui...ko the tim lai dc cam giac hanh phuc nhu o ben canh nguoi ay...nhieu dem giat minh thuc giac ...van ko the tin minh da danh mat nguoi ta roi,that ko the tin la da tro thanh nguoi xa la.....minh da bat khoc do pi ah.....co phai minh ngoc lam ko?

Ex-bf : quen di, quen di, nho lam gi...!!!! Tren doi nay thieu gi ng tot, tai minh chua nhan ra thoi be oi .!!!! Ma pi thay be cang ngay cang xinh chu dau co gia dau, tu minh nghi minh gia ha², do ngoc ^^!!

Ex-bf : nghe di, hat bang karaoke nen hoi on on 1 chut, nhung nghe van dc chan' hehe!!!

Gf : muon gi day?

Ex-bf : muon gi la muon gi, tu nhien vao hoi pi muon gi la seo????

Another seperate phrase on a pic : piglet rui..thanh heo map rui..hihi

I know its a long long one .. But I just curious to find out about what they are talking about .. I hope its just a normal conversation .. And also I know its not right to look into people's conversation, but then its on their Facebook Walls, so its almost open to public .. Only that I don't know Viet, then to me, its total stranger .. It is a long conversation .. Hope can get some help on it .. Thanks ..

jackbl
07-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Now you are not anything of mine yet. Why you dun hv happiness?

"Bay gio a chua la gi cua e. Tai sao a kg hanh phuc."

The background is i had a small tiff with the girl and i told her i wasnt happy and she sent me the above sms after i left without saying bye to her..

Thanks a million!

KangTuo
07-01-2010, 02:25 PM
They communicate in Viet, sort of hiding something from me .. If really something is going on, then I guess its better to back out now than too late ..

2 viet communicate in tieng viet is normal. As yousay it is posted on Facebook, so there is nothing to hide.

I know its a long long one .. But I just curious to find out about what they are talking about .. I hope its just a normal conversation ..

yes, very very long to translate. Got a migrane from reading it....
I don't how to translate already. But it is a normal conversation between a man and a woman. (add in abit of flirting only)

I also curious that since you are curious about what it is all about, why not try to translate/interprete some wordings yourself... moreover you are suspecting that she is hiding something... this will make you more enthusiatic to research on your own right? :)

jackbl
09-01-2010, 09:10 AM
HCM City: The home of the nine hour traffic jam
================================================== =======
VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnam’s largest city has been accused of failing to curb both traffic jams and traffic accidents.

Traffic jams have become yet more serious while the number of traffic accidents and fatalities have only showed tiny reductions since 2009, the HCM City Traffic Safety Committee reported.

The number of traffic accidents in HCM City in 2009 was 1,152, only three less than 2008, with 940 deaths, 26 less than 2008 and 495 injured victims, up by 83.

“These figures show that the city didn’t achieve its goals in reducing traffic accidents and vicitims,” said Nguyen Ngoc Tuong, vice chief of the HCM City Traffic Safety Committee on January 7.

The city’s authorities asked related agencies to curb traffic jams in 2009. The city recorded 74 traffic jams of over 30 minute long in 2009, 26 more than 2008. “Among them, there were traffic jams of 4,6 or even 9 hours. Vehicles almost stood still,” Tuong said.

The HCM City Department of Transportation said that to deal with worsening traffic in the city, the local government should use long-term methods besides applying heavy fines.

“At a between the Ministry of Justice, Hanoi and HCM City, it was agreed that the two cities will impose higher fines on traffic violators compared to other locations,” said Duong Hong Thanh, deputy director of the HCM City Department Transportation.

Thanh cited an example: cars parked illegally sites may be fined up to 8 million dong compared to the common level of 400,000 dong.

He also said that it is very important to develop a bus system in HCM City. “The city doesn’t have any method to curb personal vehicles. Buses will still be the major method of public transport up until 2020. However, hopefully by 2016, the first subway route will start operations,” Thanh said.

Pham Quoc Tai, vice chief of the Saigon Transport Mechanical Engineering Company, said that the city’s current bus system is of poor quality. “We still lack bus stops and the city still owes 167 billion dong of subsidies to the bus service. In that situation, how can we improve bus service quality?” Tai said.

The HCM City Department of Transportation will experimentally use smart cards on buses running in the No.1 and 27 routes. Accordingly, passengers will no longer pay for bus tickets using cash.

PV

AdGuy
09-01-2010, 02:34 PM
I would say post it here so those who know / can translate will help along.

Or you can also post in my forum.

My Viet friends will be able to help you out too. :D

vagrant
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
On a serious note, if you really want to learn the language, some of my forum members are Viets working in Singapore who may be able to give you lessons

Bro, pls intro a good female forum member leh :):D I am still waiting...

AdGuy
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Bro, pls intro a good female forum member leh :):D I am still waiting...

I dun dare bro... can't meet ur standards

jackbl
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
U come out, I intro u different gals every night :D :p
Bro, pls intro a good female forum member leh. I am still waiting...

AdGuy
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
U come out, I intro u different gals every night :D :p

Hello... you think he still need you to intro?

Considering the fact that your hit ratio is just as bad as mine the last few days... looks like you need him to intro to you instead :rolleyes:

jackbl
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Shhhhhhhhhh..... dun let him know. If not he wont come out liao :D Let him come out practice his tieng viet :p
Considering the fact that your hit ratio is just as bad as mine the last few days... looks like you need him to intro to you instead :rolleyes:

AdGuy
10-01-2010, 02:13 AM
Shhhhhhhhhh..... dun let him know. If not he wont come out liao :D Let him come out practice his tieng viet :p

He uong nuoc chim more than you uong nuoc mieng. Soon he'll be able read viet poems.

You better catch up!

I'm happy to uong bia. ;)

AdGuy
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Just for the fun of it.

Dunno if these are even relevant in Viet context but this is what I suppose pick up lines would sound like if translated. (In fact, not even sure if these are tranlsated correctly. hehe)

I've never used 1 of these before so use at your own risk

Din know if anyone would find this useful so rather than to start a long post, I've just posted 3. The rest are here (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/tieng-viet-for-lovers-f7/common-pick-up-lines-translated-t119.htm#243).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does it feel like the most beautiful girl in the world is in this room?
Vì sao nó cảm thấy như nhiều cô gái đẹp nhất trên thế giới trong phòng này. ?

Hello, I'm a thief, and I'm here to steal your heart
Xin chào, tôi là một tên trộm, và tôi ở đây để ăn cắp trái tim của bạn

I have never had a dream come true until the day that I met you
Tôi đã chưa bao giờ cho trở thành sự thật một giấc mơ cho đến ngày mà Tôi gặp bạn

jackbl
10-01-2010, 03:15 PM
These sentences are highly "XAO NHIEU NHIEU"..... I got the goose pimples after hearing that :D ;)
Dunno if these are even relevant in Viet context but this is what I suppose pick up lines would sound like if translated. (In fact, not even sure if these are tranlsated correctly. hehe)

AdGuy
10-01-2010, 04:38 PM
These sentences are highly "XAO NHIEU NHIEU"..... I got the goose pimples after hearing that :D ;)

These are not meant for people like you.

You stand there and act cool can liao... :D

jackbl
10-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Tonite i will try to act cool again in bunker and see got any fishes hooked :D
These are not meant for people like you.

You stand there and act cool can liao... :D

jackbl
11-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Teachers to receive measly New Year bonuses again
================================================== ======
VietNamNet Bridge - Teacher Duong Tan Phat at the Pho Cuong Primary School in the poor central province of Quang Ngai said he had never received a Tet bonus during his 34 years in the profession.

Phat is not alone.

Some one million other teachers nationwide are expecting no bonuses or paltry sums for the Tet (Lunar New Year) holiday, which falls on February 14.

Most companies usually give Tet bonuses equivalent to a month’s salary. But teachers receive far less than the accepted national standard, their monthly salary is VND1.5 million (US$81), also low.

The Ministry of Education and Training’s Labor Federation reported urban schools might give bonuses of VND300,000 ($16) and VND500,000 ($27) per person for this year. But the bonuses could be as insignificant as a pack of candy in remote areas, the agency said.

Ho Van Chau, head of the Education and Training Section in the Central Highlands province of Kon Tum’s Dak To District, said most of the 800 teachers in the district would have no Tet bonus this year. Some would receive a pack of roasted watermelon seeds – a common snack during the occasion.

The situation was even worse for teachers in several northern mountainous provinces, including Bac Kan, Ha Giang and Lai Chau. Many of them have bought sweets and cookies as Tet gifts for their poor students, but they have no bonus of their own.

Pham Manh Hung, head of the Teachers and Education Officials Department at the Ministry of Education and Training, said there had been no overall policy on Tet bonuses and each school had its own plan.

The ministry’s Labor Federation also said there was no regulation requiring local authorities to support the schools’ bonus fund.

The Ho Chi Minh City Education and Training Department reported that they were waiting for such support from the municipal administration.

“Hopefully this year’s support will be no less than the previous year’s, which was VND500,000 ($27) per person,” said the department’s vice director Nguyen Tien Dat.

While Tet bonuses are out of reach of most teachers nationwide, hundreds of teachers in Dong Hoi Town in the central province of Quang Binh are still waiting for their salaries for November and December in 2009.

About eight primary and secondary schools owe salaries for teachers, Lao Dong newspaper cited an unnamed source as saying on Monday, adding that there were no official statistics yet but the amount was estimated at hundreds of millions of Vietnamese dong.

The paper reported that the problem was caused by poor coordination among town agencies when they drafted their annual salary plan this year.

VietNamNet/Thanh Nien

KangTuo
11-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Tonite i will try to act cool again in bunker and see got any fishes hooked :D

any fishes? Mr COOL :D

ballack99
11-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Hi bros, KC trapped victim reporting :D
For sms to viet hp, which telco or plan to recommend? Thanks

KangTuo
11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi bros, KC trapped victim reporting :D
For sms to viet hp, which telco or plan to recommend? Thanks

I am very free today so I search all 3 telco website for GLOBAL SMS rates and charges for you.

M1 and Starhub: 15cents per sms
Singtel: 18cents per sms

If you wanna make voice call to vietnam, you can use M1 and subscribe to the IDD 021 Saver at $5/month. This will save you alot of IDD charges.
This is also extended to M1 $30 prepaid card.

:)

ballack99
11-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I am very free today so I search all 3 telco website for GLOBAL SMS rates and charges for you.

M1 and Starhub: 15cents per sms
Singtel: 18cents per sms

If you wanna make voice call to vietnam, you can use M1 and subscribe to the IDD 021 Saver at $5/month. This will save you alot of IDD charges.

Thanks bro KangTuo :D
I tried making voice calls, but the line in Viet usually breaks.
Sms seems expensive.....calls are cheaper

KangTuo
11-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks bro KangTuo :D
I tried making voice calls, but the line in Viet usually breaks.
Sms seems expensive.....calls are cheaper

I never encounter the 'breaks' when calling via M1
I do encounter many 'breaks' when using calling card (chatchat)

ballack99
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Senior is senior......Time for me this junior to get a M1 prepaid card :p

Hurricane88
11-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Hi Senior, can you get M1 for me?...kekeke...:)

KangTuo
12-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Senior is senior......Time for me this junior to get a M1 prepaid card

Senior '5 pointer',
make me feel old... i am only a young punk.

Hi Senior, can you get M1 for me?...kekeke...

Tuo Hong oi.... I heard that your age is triple of mine leh :p
why not you get a viettel or mobi for me ;)

Thom07
12-01-2010, 12:58 AM

You are always so free.

To be more precise, this is for post paid only. For prepaid, it is without any charges.

For the Super $130 top-up which consists of 2 components, $100 + $30, it is usually sold at <$30. But the catch is that only $30 is available for IDD to vn or elsewhere. The $100 is strictly for local (SG) calls only. Might want to take note.

jackbl
12-01-2010, 01:20 AM
For M1 super top up the $30 for IDD is a good catch. If u use normal post paid M1 plan, u will also pay the same rate as the prepaid card, but the prepaid card still give u $100 for local usage.....
Call more to vn to improve your language :D :p ;)
For the M1 Super $130 top-up which consists of 2 components, $100 + $30, it is usually sold at <$30. But the catch is that only $30 is available for IDD to vn or elsewhere. The $100 is strictly for local (SG) calls only. Might want to take note.

jackbl
13-01-2010, 12:43 AM
李显龙总理访越南
============================

李显龙总理应越南总理阮晋勇邀请,今天起至15日对越南作正式访问。

他明天将和阮晋勇一起为位于北部海防市的第四座越南—新加坡工业园主持动土仪式。

阮晋勇将和李总理举行会谈,并设晚宴款待他一行。

李总理此行也将同越南共产党中央总书记农德孟、国家主席阮明哲及其他高级领导人会晤。

外交部文告说,新加坡驻河内大使馆也将举行招待会,让旅居当地的新加坡人有机会同李总理交 流。

这次随同总理访问的有李夫人、总理公署部长、交通部兼财政部第二部长陈惠华、贸工部兼人力部政务部长李 奕贤、西海岸集选区议员符致镜、荷兰—武吉知马集选区议员连荣华和外交部及贸工部的高级官员。

越新工业园(Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park,简称VSIP)是两国密切合作关系的象征。第一座于1996年在南部的平阳省(Binh Duong)动土,如今平阳省已有两座,北部的北宁省(Bac Ninh)则有一座,加上海防市的一座,共有四座。

这四座越新工业园都由胜科工业园有限公司开发。海防市是越南北部的一线城市,即将动土的越新海防市工业 园地点优越,靠近深水海港和中国边界。

新越两国的经贸关系日益密切。双边贸易过去十年稳健增长,从1999年的32亿元增至2008年的15 6亿元。新加坡目前是越南第五大贸易伙伴,而越南则是我国第15大贸易伙伴。

投资方面,新加坡也是越南的第五大投资国。截至去年11月,本地企业在当地的总投资额达170亿美元(约2 36亿新元)。在越南投资的新加坡企业多数来自房地产相关领域,包括吉宝置业、华业集团、雅诗阁国际、嘉德 置地、胜科工业园公司、丰树投资公司和悦榕控股。

近年新越双边经济关系的发展是建立在两国于2005年12月签订的《新越联系框架协定》基础上。这份协定 涵盖六个领域的合作,包括教育与培训、金融、信息科技与电信、投资、贸易与服务以及交通。

除了吸引外资企业,越南也在努力推动旅游业。新加坡在2008年是越南的第十大游客来源,而来新的越南 游客人数也不断增加,2008年的人数比前一年多出18%。

jackbl
13-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Avatar breaks the $1 million revenue barrier in Vietnam
================================================== =====
VietNamNet Bridge – With Avatar fever showing no signs of cooling, the 3D blockbuster is already a Vietnamese record breaker.

Avatar has become the first movie to hit the revenue $1 million mark in Vietnam and the figure is still rising. MegaStar, the distributor of Avatar in Vietnam, expects the film to have the highest revenue in the history of the local movie market.

Since Avatar came to Vietnam on December 18, 2009, tickets for all 3D shows have been sold out. MegaStar has added one more show at 7.30pm everyday but it cannot satisfy the audience’s demand.

To celebrate this record, MegaStar will open all its cinemas for free on January 28 for audience members who have kept their ticket counterfoils. The offer excludes 3D shows.

PV

Hurricane88
13-01-2010, 01:12 PM
S
Tuo Hong oi.... I heard that your age is triple of mine leh :p
why not you get a viettel or mobi for me ;)

hahaha...even I have not met you...I trusted you...for real...:)

SureScore
13-01-2010, 01:35 PM
To be more precise, this is for post paid only. For prepaid, it is without any charges.

For the Super $130 top-up which consists of 2 components, $100 + $30, it is usually sold at <$30. But the catch is that only $30 is available for IDD to vn or elsewhere. The $100 is strictly for local (SG) calls only. Might want to take note.

Thank you for sharing. That's the catch. Also, understand the card only last 1 month.

pterchew
13-01-2010, 03:35 PM
paiseh,

can sum1 tells me what is this means?

sau nhan dc vay?

kam sia,

KangTuo
13-01-2010, 04:17 PM
paiseh,

can sum1 tells me what is this means?

sau nhan dc vay?

kam sia,

From v.dict
sau = (conj) behind, at the back of, hind, rear, hereinafter, below, following, as followssáu = six
sâu = (n) insect, pest, decay, (adj) deep, profound, sound
sầu = (adj) sad, melancholy
sấu == cá sấu = Crocodile

nhàn = (adj) leisure, idle, free
nhãn = (n) label, trademark
nhạn = (n) wild goose
nhăn = (adj) crumpled; wrinkled; creasy; furrowed
nhằn = Eat with one's fron teeth, Get done, realise
nhẳn = Intermittent
nhẵn = Smooth, even, Clean, Very familiar
nhắn = Send a message to, send word to (someone through someone else)
nhân = (v) to multiply (n) man; person, cause, kernel; almond, (ph) mucleus, filling (of cake)
nhẫn = (n) ring, (adj) bitter ; slightly
nhấn = press, touch
nhận = (v) to agree ; to accept; to acquiesce, to get; to receive

dc = được = (v) to obtain; to get; to permision; to twin; to gain, (adj) able; possible

vay = just an exclamation behind a sentence. No meaning

what is your guess if you do not know under what situation is the text written?

I will guess 'sau nhấn dc vay' = behind can press? :p

KangTuo
13-01-2010, 05:14 PM
sau nhan dc vay?

I will guess 'sau nhấn dc vay' = behind can press? :p

okay, reading from the vietnam thread 2, I come to know that you knew gal in vn during your recent trip...

just guessing the sms you send her before she reply you with this.
Did you sms her to ask her whether she can write english?

if so, her reply maybe "how can I write?"
làm sao nhắn được vay?

I am just toooo free :)

pterchew
13-01-2010, 05:33 PM
damn, vietnamese is one hell of language that is difficult to be mastered.
at least for me. hahaha...

anyway, i sent her a message in viet - how are you? i'm peter from
singapore. do you remember me?

then it came the reply. :cool:

so anyone can figure out wat she was trying to says?

i took sum pics of her during the trip but is not convenience to do editing
with my wife at home. she is gorgeous! :D

Thom07
13-01-2010, 05:36 PM
sau nhan dc vay?

Might meant: later free or not?

KT, any fun yesterday? ;)

KangTuo
13-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Might meant: later free or not?

KT, any fun yesterday? ;)

yesterday not fun for me. I wanna find new gal but a gal who i just Up saw me and she auto seat with me. KNN....

but got few good looking gals. 1 look like ah LINH. come 3 days only. Sit with vagrant awhile then vagrant let my friend had her.

cheong with vagrant few times but 1st time hear him speak TV to the gals :cool:

KangTuo
13-01-2010, 11:36 PM
this gal is Ngan 7809. http://www.sammyboyforum.com/4470147-post2411.html

sms exchange with her today. (many short form)

Ngan 7809: A dang lam gi do. Hom nay a co di lam k? a co ban gai chua? a con thuong e k?

KT: Hnay a co di lam. Amoi thay tn cua e. A chua co ban gai. A thay e, a rat muon hon e, nhung kg biet nhu vay la thuong e kg? E dang lam j?

Ngan 7809: E dang o nha. Em gan ve viet nam roi. Truoc khi e ve a co mun gap e k?

KT: A muon gap e. A cung muon om , hon va xxxx voi e. Hjhj.

Ngan 7809: Sao a tham lam wa vay? vay truoc khi ve e se di choi voi a 1 ngay a chiu k?

KT: Uh. Nhung chi di choi 1 ngay du kg?

Ngan 7809: Chu a muon bao nhieu ngay ha? sao a tham lam wa vay. khi nao e ve viet nam a cho e tien ve cho me e nha.

KT: Thay tn e, a buon. E kg phai muon di choi voi a. huhu...

Ngan 7809: E that su rat mun di choi voi a. Neu nhu e co tien nhieu de ve viet nam cho me e thi k bao jo e xin tin tien a dau. e mong a hieu cho e. neu k thuong a thi toi hom wa e thay a dung om nguoi khac e rat buon.

KT: E sap ve vn roi, e tap trung di lam kiem tien nhe. khiem dc nhieu tien roi di choi voi a, e se vui hon. A doi e dan a di choi. Hjhj

Ngan 7809: A k thuong e ha. du la it thoi cung k duoc sao a?

KT: Kg phai kg dc...

Ngan 7809: Hay la a k mun cho e fai k? a k thuong e ha?

KT: Neu di choi voi e, a phai cho ma... a so 1ngay a thuong e nhieu roi a dau kho nhieu vi e co nhieu con trai o ben e.

Ngan 7809: A dung ngi nhu vay neu thuong thi e chi thuong 1 minh a thoi. a la nguoi dau tien ma e bit buon khi thay a dung voi con gai khac do. e k can a fai cho e nhieu tien dau. a cho e 200 thoi la e vui roi.

KT: a kg biet a co 200 kg. Nhung a biet a dan con gai di ks. 2ti lam tinh, ra 2lan, a cho con gai 50. A cho e 50, e di ks 'choi' voi a kg?

pterchew
14-01-2010, 12:04 AM
bro, can translate to english? :p

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Translation is not word for word. Please correct me if I translate wrongly.

Ngan 7809: A dang lam gi do. Hom nay a co di lam k? a co ban gai chua? a con thuong e k?
What are you doing? Today you have do go work or not? You have galfriend already? You still love me tenderly or not?

KT: Hnay a co di lam. A moi thay tn cua e. A chua co ban gai. A thay e, a rat muon hon e, nhung kg biet nhu vay la thuong e kg? E dang lam j?
Today I have go work. I just see your sms. I still do not have galfriend. I see you, i very wanted to kiss you, but don't know like this is love you or not. What are you doing?

Ngan 7809: E dang o nha. Em gan ve viet nam roi. Truoc khi e ve a co mun gap e k?
I am at home. I nearing going back to vietnam already. Before I go back, you want to meet me or not?

KT: A muon gap e. A cung muon om , hon va xxxx voi e. Hjhj.
I want to meet you. I also want to hug, kiss and xxx with you

Ngan 7809: Sao a tham lam wa vay? vay truoc khi ve e se di choi voi a 1 ngay a chiu k?
why you greedy? ok, before go back, I will go out play with you 1 day. you accept?

KT: Uh. Nhung chi di choi 1 ngay du kg?
Yes. But only go play 1 day enough or not?

Ngan 7809: Chu a muon bao nhieu ngay ha? sao a tham lam wa vay. khi nao e ve viet nam a cho e tien ve cho me e nha.
Now you want how many day? why you greedy. When I go back vietnam, you give me money go back give my mother.

KT: Thay tn e, a buon. E kg phai muon di choi voi a. huhu...
See your sms, i am sad. you not really want to go play with me

Ngan 7809: E that su rat mun di choi voi a. Neu nhu e co tien nhieu de ve viet nam cho me e thi k bao jo e xin tien a dau. e mong a hieu cho e. neu k thuong a thi toi hom wa e thay a dung om nguoi khac e rat buon.
I really want to go play with you. If only I have money to go back vietnam give my mother, I will never ask money from you. I wish you understand me. If I do not love you, yesterday night I see you hugging other people I very sad.

KT: E sap ve vn roi, e tap trung di lam kiem tien nhe. kiem dc nhieu tien roi di choi voi a, e se vui hon. A doi e dan a di choi. Hjhj
you are about to go back vietnam already, you concentrate working to find/earn money. can find alot money already, go out with me, you will be more happy. I wait for you to bring me go out play.

Ngan 7809: A k thuong e ha. du la it thoi cung k duoc sao a?
You don't love me issit? only little bit also cannot, why?

KT: Kg phai kg dc...
not cannot...

Ngan 7809: Hay la a k mun cho e fai k? a k thuong e ha?
or you don't want to give me issit? You don't love me issit?

KT: Neu di choi voi e, a phai cho ma... a so 1ngay a thuong e nhieu roi a dau kho nhieu vi e co nhieu con trai o ben e.
If out play with you, I must give.... i afraid 1 day I love you alot, a suffer alot because you have alot of guys beside you.

Ngan 7809: A dung ngi nhu vay neu thuong thi e chi thuong 1 minh a thoi. a la nguoi dau tien ma e bit buon khi thay a dung voi con gai khac do. e k can a fai cho e nhieu tien dau. a cho e 200 thoi la e vui roi.
you don't think this way. If love, I only love 1 person you. you are the 1st person I know to feel sad when see you with other gal. I don't need you must give me alot money. You give me 200, I happy already.

KT: a kg biet a co 200 kg. Nhung a biet a dan con gai di ks. 2ti lam tinh, ra 2lan, a cho con gai 50. A cho e 50, e di ks 'choi' voi a kg?
I don't know I have 200 or not. but I know I bring gal go hotel. 2 hours fcuk, cum twice, I give gal 50. I give you 50, you go hotel 'play' with me or not?

pterchew
14-01-2010, 12:29 AM
wow, bro KT, your vn wei very powderful leh. so envy!

S$50 can shoot liao?
i met a vn gal when i was in HCM and i gave her 1M VND for spending 24 hrs
with me. was it too much? she's young (20 y/o) and pretty. :o

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 12:39 AM
wow, bro KT, your vn wei very powderful leh. so envy!

S$50 can shoot liao?

The MASTER here is jackbl. He is the power one. I only pian chiak pian chiak neh. Furthermore I know 'nuts' about the rate for gals HCMC. But I believe you get quite a good rate.

Thom07
14-01-2010, 12:43 AM
but got few good looking gals. 1 look like ah LINH.

Good looking gals there? :eek:
1 looks like Linh? :confused: There is only one Linh.
You must be missing her too much. :D :D

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 12:50 AM
1 looks like Linh? :confused: There is only one Linh.
You must be missing her too much.

Maybe :p
Today I try calling LINH in vn but cannot get thru. This evening a viet gal called me (number no recorded in SIM card) and tell me she just arrive and do I know who she is. I thought it LINH. I say over the phone" LINH ha?"

reply from her (sound not happy) "ai la LINH, a co ban gai roi ha"

Anyway I still have not figure out who she is...

jackbl
14-01-2010, 12:56 AM
this gal is Ngan 7809.

2 "old foxes" exchange blows .... Dun know who getting the better of the other :D ;) :p

Thom07
14-01-2010, 01:03 AM
this gal is Ngan 7809.

Anh KT 1minh o nha rat buon chan, phai kg? hien nay co nhieu gian diep, anh di om con gai kg duoc sung suong. the cung duoc, duoc roi. chung toi giup anh om nhieu gai. moi khi em se luon nho den anh. :D

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 01:31 AM
2 "old foxes" exchange blows .... Dun know who getting the better of the other

when 2 foxes met up, we can know each other motive after exchange few blows. We will leave it as it is and look for our own prey elsewhere. :D

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Anh KT 1minh o nha rat buon chan, phai kg? hien nay co nhieu gian diep, anh di om con gai kg duoc sung suong. the cung duoc, duoc roi. chung toi giup anh om nhieu gai. moi khi em se luon nho den anh. :D

I am wondering you and vagrant go up which mountain to learn TV. You seems to form very 'deep' sentences these days and vagrant speaks TV very well now. :confused:

e thom oi, 1minh a o nha... buon muon chet roi!!!
spy in BL area. I still other place happy happy find gal to hug.
So many to hug, how many you wanna hug for me? :D

pterchew
14-01-2010, 09:20 AM
may i know what is the best way to learn tv? :p

KangTuo
14-01-2010, 09:42 AM

1) Get a long hair dictionary from JC /GL
2) sign up for some basic vietnamese language course
3) Learn from this thread + v.dict (ask bro blur185 how he did it)
4) Ask vagrant and Thom07 which mountain the go up to learn TV

SureScore
14-01-2010, 11:58 AM
w

1million VND for LT (24 hours) is not expensive.

SureScore
14-01-2010, 12:02 PM

1) Get a long hair dictionary from JC /GL
2) sign up for some basic vietnamese language course
3) Learn from this thread + v.dict (ask bro blur185 how he did it)
4) Ask vagrant and Thom07 which mountain the go up to learn TV

KT, you will confused him.

pterchew - take it step by step. Search thru bro jackbl post in this thread whereby he posted alot of basic lessons. Start learning from there.

Thom07
14-01-2010, 01:27 PM
You seems to form very 'deep' sentences these days

e thom oi, 1minh a o nha... buon muon chet roi!!!
spy in BL area. I still other place happy happy find gal to hug.
So many to hug, how many you wanna hug for me?

"Deep" because I must be forming them wrongly therefore you dont understand. :o

How many you want me to hug for you? Will consolidate and send invoice to you. :D

jackbl
14-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Now i didnt improve myself, but u are improving in an astonishing pace..... I m way behind u now. And there are also many MASTER around e.g. SS08 and Carrot007. If u asked them to help out, this thread will be very POWERFUL :)
The MASTER here is jackbl. He is the power one. I only pian chiak pian chiak neh.

pterchew
14-01-2010, 07:04 PM
1million VND for LT (24 hours) is not expensive.

k, thanks.

my gal sent me this mssg today, can sum1 helps?:o

toi yeu ban va nho ban. hay ve viet nam voi toi.
toi doi ban mai mai

TIA

Hurricane88
14-01-2010, 09:05 PM
toi doi ban mai mai

Most of the tieng viet master now went hug hug vb liao...let me try to translate...i love you and miss you. good...reach vietnam with you...i wait for you forever...ban = friend or you...toi = you or i...when both of you knew each other better then can use anh or ogxa and em or baxa...:)

honky168
14-01-2010, 09:11 PM
k, thanks.

toi doi ban mai mai

TIA

I love you and the grapes. or to Vietnam with me. forever towards the.

Hope this is correct, may all the sifu make correction if there is mistake.

pterchew
14-01-2010, 10:47 PM
guys,

i sent this to my gal, i see if you all can figure out wat i was trying to say.
if you can't, than i also dont expect she can. :cool:

mat ong, e tra loi a ngay mai.
e hoc tv boi vi a.

honky168
14-01-2010, 11:22 PM
guys,

e hoc tv boi vi a.

honey, e answer a tomorrow. hoc e tv because a.

I hope is correct.

AdGuy
14-01-2010, 11:24 PM
guys,

e hoc tv boi vi a.

Eh,

What I think you wrote was...

Lost sir, you reply me tomorrow

you study tv because of me

:confused:

If you dun mind sharing with us what you are trying to tell her, perhaps someone here could help

AdGuy
14-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I love you and the grapes. or to Vietnam with me. forever towards the.

Hope this is correct, may all the sifu make correction if there is mistake.

FYI, toi and ban basically means you and me respectively... esp when age is unclear.

The line actually means...

i love you and miss you. come back to vn with me
i wait for you forever.

pterchew
14-01-2010, 11:33 PM
jia lat liao, i think she cant be understood me. :cool: keke :p

well, i was trying to say:

honey, i reply you tomorrow.
i learn TV because of you. :D

i reply her tomorrow becos i dont understand what she wrote to me.
and she keep calling me from VN but both of us could only ah ah ah...knn :p

AdGuy
14-01-2010, 11:40 PM
jia lat liao, i think she cant be understood me.

ah ah ah on the phone? phone sex? :D just kidding.

my suggestion...

em yeu, ngay may a tra loi e ok?

a hoc TV boi vi e.

a = anh = older person (which is you in this case)
e = em = younger person (which is her in this case)

e yeu refers to darling... or more literally younger person that you love

pterchew
14-01-2010, 11:51 PM
wah, thanks for the selfishless points. really appreciate. :o

may i buy you guys beers in a VN pub as an act of my appreciation?
at the sametime, make frens n learn a few tv.

sunday nite?

lazyzai
15-01-2010, 12:04 AM
em la gai ma nghi sau cung duoc.. any bro pls help me translate? i search internet until headache already..

ok di khong means ok want or not izzit? thx alot bros...

AdGuy
15-01-2010, 12:19 AM
em la gai ma nghi sau cung duoc.. any bro pls help me translate? i search internet until headache already..

As bro jackbl would say... give us the whole sentence so that we can understand the context.

at 1st glance, I'm guessing the sentence would mean...

em / la / gai / ma / nghi / sau / cung / dc
I / am / girl / ma / think / whatever (sao) / also / can

without knowing what you wrote to her... i could be very wrong

lazyzai
15-01-2010, 12:27 AM
sorry bro.. that is what she reply.. she send me " ong xa oi co phai ox dang co truyen gi kho su phai ko? hay anh di hotel voi em nhieu ko co tien dua lao banh phai ko. em thay ox buon nhieu nhieu tim a tam dau nhieu." this can u help me translate? i just learn viet like 2 days only understand abit and reply her tru viet that i translated from internet.. i replied her u want me go hotel with u and i pay u ah? then she said "em la gai ma nghi sau cung duoc"

AdGuy
15-01-2010, 12:56 AM
sorry bro.. that is what she reply.. she send me " ong xa oi co phai ox dang co truyen gi kho su phai ko? hay anh di hotel voi em nhieu ko co tien dua lao banh phai ko. em thay ox buon nhieu nhieu tim a tam dau nhieu." this can u help me translate? i just learn viet like 2 days only understand abit and reply her tru viet that i translated from internet.. i replied her u want me go hotel with u and i pay u ah? then she said "em la gai ma nghi sau cung duoc"

sorry, i'm not a master so can't give you a 100% like the other bros can. But this means something like...

ox you have some difficulties is it? you go hotel with me many times no money pay boss. i see you sad a lot my heart pain.

pterchew
15-01-2010, 01:00 AM
bros, plz help me to translate this to tv. :o

1- i don't understand tv, i get someone to help translate your messages.

2- i will be going back to vietnam end this month or early next month,
i hope to meet you again.

3- phone bill is expensive, please dont call to singapore.

TIA, :p

Thom07
15-01-2010, 03:49 AM
k, thanks.

toi doi ban mai mai

TIA

Let me kaypoh a bit ha. Normally, they don't really use toi and ban. Usually, toi is used when you just know a person, perhaps for the 1st few meetings only then it will progress to anh and em.

em yeu, ngay may a tra loi e ok?

a hoc TV boi vi e.

a = anh = older person (which is you in this case)
e = em = younger person (which is her in this case)

e yeu refers to darling... or more literally younger person that you love

For simplicity, anh usually refers to a guy and em refers to a lady. But what Adguy mentioned is the proper method of addressing. I feel that when you sms her, you should use tieng viet instead of tv because she might assume tv to be television.

Paiseh hor to Adguy, I disturb a bit.

Thom07
15-01-2010, 03:56 AM

My guess is I'm a girl but you want to think what also can. (In Singlish) I might be wrong.

Ok di khong means ok want to go or not?

Thom07
15-01-2010, 04:01 AM
" ong xa oi co phai ox dang co truyen gi kho su phai ko? hay anh di hotel voi em nhieu ko co tien dua lao banh phai ko. em thay ox buon nhieu nhieu tim a tam dau nhieu." this can u help me translate?

ox you have some difficulties is it? you go hotel with me many times no money pay boss. i see you sad a lot my heart pain.

ong xa means husband.

My guess is roughly the same except I go hotel with you many times but I dont have money to give boss or you dont have money to help me give boss. I see you very sad and heart pain. Just what I guess only hor.

Thom07
15-01-2010, 04:09 AM
bros, plz help me to translate this to tv. :o

1- i don't understand tv, i get someone to help translate your messages.

2- i will be going back to vietnam end this month or early next month,
i hope to meet you again.

3- phone bill is expensive, please dont call to singapore.

TIA, :p

1) Anh khong biet tieng viet. Muon hoi ban dich nhan tin.

2) vao cuoi thang gieng hay dau thang hai, anh dinh di vn roi. hen gap lai.

3) kg muon goi dien thoai anh tai vi rat mac.

Might not be word for word but the meaning should be there. Let me know if I'm wrong.

pterchew
15-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Might not be word for word but the meaning should be there. Let me know if I'm wrong.

really appreciate! (upz you later)

headache :o
(sibei tao tia)

Hurricane88
15-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Another bro got KC deep deep...welcome to Tieng Viet Lovers club...:)

vlover
15-01-2010, 12:55 PM
jia lat liao, i think she cant be understood me

i learn TV because of you.

I only know how to translate the word HONEY.. its 'Cuc Chung'.. hihi :D;)

Regards,
vlover

vlover
15-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Wow.. the way you speak TV and the way you write TV totally different man.. I am AMAZED!!! You improved so much, these holidays you must be studying real hard.. so you got any hands on practice? Next time we dun sms ok.. we communicate.. learn faster.. hihi..

Regards,
vlover

vlover
15-01-2010, 01:00 PM
sorry, i'm not a master so can't give you a 100% like the other bros can. But this means something like...

So boss=lao banh isit? Think ong chu also can right?

ong chu=male boss
ba chu=female boss

Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,
vlover

pterchew
15-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Another bro got KC deep deep...welcome to Tieng Viet Lovers club...:)

i dont know how long i would tahan w/o panadol. :p

sibei tao tia.

pterchew
15-01-2010, 01:26 PM
i sent this to her this morning ...

and she reply...

tai sau biet tieng viet nhieu vay

simi lai a? :p

TIA.

vagrant
15-01-2010, 01:45 PM
tai sao biet tieng viet nhieu vay

simple one I can try :D

why (you) know so much tieng viet

Thom07
15-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I only know how to translate the word HONEY.. its 'Cuc Chung'.. hihi

troi anh vlover xao nhieu. huhu... :D

Wow.. the way you speak TV and the way you write TV totally different man.. I am AMAZED!!! You improved so much, these holidays you must be studying real hard.. so you got any hands on practice? Next time we dun sms ok.. we communicate.. learn faster.. hihi..

How is it different when I dont even really know how to speak? Anyway what make you think it is different? :confused: Teach me leh.

I also want hands-on but too many obstacles around currently.

So boss=lao banh isit? Think ong chu also can right?

I guess lao banh is chinese based on the context.

Thom07
15-01-2010, 02:26 PM
i sent this to her this morning ...

and she reply...

tai sau biet tieng viet nhieu vay

TIA.

Dont tell or inform her about this website hor. ;)

Kaypoh nia, where did you get to know her?

Hurricane88
15-01-2010, 03:14 PM
i dont know how long i would tahan w/o panadol. :p

sibei tao tia.

You also need "jua di"...Yusof Ishak $$$...alot of $$$...:)

First you posted on Vietnam - HCM thread...
then you learn tieng viet posting on Tieng Viet Lovers Club thread...
very soon you will need to post in Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner thread...better start reading this thread before you dwell deeper into VBs...hahaha...kekeke...:)

pterchew
15-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Dont tell or inform her about this website hor. ;)

Kaypoh nia, where did you get to know her?

she doesn't speak english, not tech savvy and is a poor kumpung gal.
even if she doesn't to be the above, i also wouldn't share this site wif her. :p

well, know her thru my fren's gal who is a viet.
we went to the theme park in hcm so she was called along.
i love photography n she likes to pose n be shot, my fav. keke :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/yeobt/DSC_1341.jpg

SING_IN_HCMC
15-01-2010, 04:12 PM
she doesn't speak english, not tech savvy and is a poor kumpung gal.
even if she doesn't to be the above, i also wouldn't share this site wif her. :p

well, know her thru my fren's gal who is a viet.
we went to the theme park in hcm so she was called along.
i love photography n she likes to pose n be shot, my fav. keke :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/yeobt/DSC_1341.jpg

I think you attached the wrong picture?

KangTuo
15-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Now i didnt improve myself, but u are improving in an astonishing pace..... I m way behind u now. And there are also many MASTER around e.g. SS08 and Carrot007. If u asked them to help out, this thread will be very POWERFUL :)

These 2 are GRANDMASTER. You need red carpet to bring them here. :p

simple one I can try :D

why (you) know so much tieng viet

Thom07 and vagrant improves so much now.
jackbl and KT can retire from this thread already... :D

pterchew
15-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I think you attached the wrong picture?

her pics will not be exposed for now cos i need 100% surrounding clearance
to do uploading. in the time being, i store her pics in my 'secret' harddisk
which is out of reach from my wife. my head will broken if my tigress saw it. hahaha :D

lazyzai
15-01-2010, 11:05 PM
ong xa means husband.

My guess is roughly the same except I go hotel with you many times but I dont have money to give boss or you dont have money to help me give boss. I see you very sad and heart pain. Just what I guess only hor.

thx all bros for help. now she dun want reply me or ans my call.. sian.. duno wat she thinking.. communication problem la..