PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Thom07
06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
For a Viet ger, your command of English is certainly very good. Kinda of hard to believe.

Personally, I know some who are really very good. Wouldn't face difficulty with General Paper. ;)

Thom07
06-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Giving away my phone number is not the problem now but isn't there the rule that do not show ur real identification here?

Is there such a rule?

As a matter of fact, quite a handful of us know each other well and "gathered" together at least 3 times a week, if not on a daily basis for some selected culprits. :D

Thom07
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
IF the people here still dun believe, just PM me your viet tel numbers

Haiz another victim. :eek: :( :p :D

tomcat007
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
If I impost as a vietnamese gal, what you think of my success rate? :D
U say i write english machiam TV :p

I'm not a psychic, hence I cannot tell your success rate.

I never say you you write English deu deu TV leh. I just say you write too much TV, implying you forgot proper English liao. Different meaning altogether. :p

bonbonbebe
06-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Is there such a rule?

As a matter of fact, quite a handful of us know each other well and "gathered" together at least 3 times a week, if not on a daily basis for some selected culprits. :D

Haha not a rule. But it's implied.
If u guys still confused if I'm real plz ask sir jackbl ok?
Just let the topic turn back to its original purpose. I just want to visit here to collect some information, but now collect a big big trouble with u guys lah!

Btw, sometimes I see the word "kena". What does it mean? The one I like also use it in some text, and many many more words else which bring me headache!

tomcat007
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Bonbonbebe did sms to me using a vn tel number. I called her back and she is a true vn gal. I m surprised that a vn gal can write in such a singaporean way....

You guys can access yourself whether to take my words or not. Now it is up to u!

Bonbonbebe, please continue to post on this thread. I have many many sms waiting a true "sifu" to help me translate. hope u dun reject me :D

Heh Heh... In think the only way to really verify where "Bonbonbebe" is logging on from is for a mod or even Boss himself look at the log and identify it's IP address. (But then, it can be accessing the forum from a web proxy too... so can't really tell).

I'm exiting this speculating game. Serve no purpose...

Thom07
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Haha not a rule. But it's implied.

Just trying to present the other side of the coin.

If u guys still confused if I'm real plz ask sir jackbl ok?

Actually, whether you are real or not doesn't concern me much. ;)

Jackbl? He must be roving somewhere again looking for new targets. Like an Engeriser, he cant stop which permits him to progress to be the only Grandmaster. Wahhaha. :D

Btw, sometimes I see the word "kena".

Kena - Originated from the Malay Language
Means to be afflicted with or to suffer from something

Most of local lingos are here: TalkingCock (http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?lexicon=lexicon&op=LexPKL)

Hurricane88
06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
This thread is getting from bad to worse...clones are crawling...master skilful acting and deserves an academy award...haiz...sianz...:mad::confused::eek:

miua55555
07-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Hi SBF bros,

can anyone help me translate the following:

Chuc oxa ngu ngon ... E nho a nhieu nhieu.

Many Thanks in advance !!

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Hi SBF bros,

can anyone help me translate the following:

Chuc oxa ngu ngon ... E nho a nhieu nhieu.

Many Thanks in advance !!

Wish husband sleep well ... I (girl) miss U (boy) many many.

Take a look at this link. Should cover most of the common messages from VBs and save you from having to wait for translation:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/74792-tieng-viet-lovers-club-217.html#post4250912

KangTuo
07-02-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm pretty sure u guys will be curious. I like a SG man. Just hook in any SG website to find some information about him. That's all. Some links bring me here, some links bring me there. Thank u for ur welcoming.

E vo sbf coi a viet j ha?

A la con trai e thich phai kg? Hjhj

Troi.. Sai roi, e thich ng chay taxi.. A kg phai ng chay taxi.

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 08:14 AM
please help

vay anh la ai em kg biet? em dang o nha? anh ten gi vay
... me at home? you what name?

ban la ai toi kg biet sao nhan tin cho toi
i do not know who you are ... ?

kg biet ban la ai
dont know who are you?

what does vay mean?

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 08:35 AM
please help

... me at home? you what name?

i do not know who you are ... ?

kg biet ban la ai
dont know who are you?

what does vay mean?

It means you sms the wrong person!!

Who are you? I don't know. I am at home. What is your name?

I don't know who you are, why sms me?

kg biet ban la ai
Don't know who you are.

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 09:03 AM
the thing with vb is they change number like we change clothes. think they dont remember numbers too.

sigh

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
em nho anh chu vay anh muon gap em kg em ?

still dont understand what is vay?

kg em o nha sin o co 1minh em anh co muom lai em choi kg ?

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 09:37 AM
The thing with tieng viet is that, like Singlish, they also have their lah, lor, leh...

Sometimes, the "vay", "nha", "nhe" act as their lah/lor/leh and have no meaning. I tend to ignore when I see them.

For example, "xin loi nha" => sorry lah... (a bit sa3 jiao1 voice)

Your message...

I (girl) miss you chu (?), you (guy) want see me (girl) or not?

The only time I see chu is when they are referring to their boss i.e. ong chu (male boss), ba chu (female boss or boss wife).

Ok, just checked my dictionary...

chu also can mean:

1. affectionate appellation and address used with little boys
2. form of address and appellation used with young men

HTH.

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
hi tomcat you are early!

now i understand... i thought those have meaning. but nha can means home am i right?

renting?

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 09:51 AM

chu also can mean:

HTH.

dictionary?!??! can i borrow? :D

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 09:53 AM
the thing with vb is they change number like we change clothes. think they dont remember numbers too.

sigh

I suggest that next time you can tease her a little bit..

"Chung minh vua cung di ks choi sao em quen anh nhanh?"

(We just went hotel together playing, how can you forgot me so quickly?)

If she goes to hotel with many customers, certainly she will start to feel panic..:p

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I suggest that next time you can tease her a little bit..

"Chung minh vua cung di ks choi sao em quen anh nhanh?"

(We just went hotel together playing, how can you forgot me so quickly?)

If she goes to hotel with many customers, certainly she will start to feel panic..:p

hahaa... nice. this can come into handy

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
hi tomcat you are early!

now i understand... i thought those have meaning. but nha can means home am i right?

kg, em o nha sin, o co 1minh em, anh co muon lai (nha) em choi kg ?

The translation is, "No, I am at home (in Singapore), live alone, do you want to come over and play with me?

I recommend this dictionary:

Tu Dien
Viet - Han
Nha Xuat Ban Hong Duc
VND 44,000

I bought it in a bookstore at HCMC. Maybe you can ask your girl to buy one and send it to you.

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM

On my iPhone. :p But, you can use this also:

http://m/vdict.com

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM
hi tomcat you are early!

renting?

Woke up by my girl who just went back HCMC last night. Had her daughter calling me "pa pa".. don't know should be happy or scared. :eek:

Yes, nha also means home. As said before, same word in TV can means different thing when without the symbol. I thought your girl will add the symbol on top of the wordings? That was the case in your previous messages... Or was it different girl? ha ha....

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM
The translation is, "No, I am at home (in Singapore), live alone, do you want to come over and play with me?
o co 1minh em = 1 minh means 1 person?
muon lai = come over?

I recommend this dictionary:

Tu Dien
Viet - Han
Nha Xuat Ban Hong Duc
VND 44,000

I bought it in a bookstore at HCMC. Maybe you can ask your girl to buy one and send it to you.
i wish, maybe in my dream

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Woke up by my girl who just went back HCMC last night. Had her daughter calling me "pa pa".. don't know should be happy or scared. :eek:

Yes, nha also means home. As said before, same word in TV can means different thing when without the symbol. I thought your girl will add the symbol on top of the wordings? That was the case in your previous messages... Or was it different girl? ha ha....

oooooh.. be happy of cos. you dont have to share the burden feeding daughter

hmm... actually is another girl. the previous 1 will sometime use the symbol on it which is really easy for me.

ive been using the vdict but without the symbol i can only guess. try and error thing

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:09 AM
For bros with iPhone or iPod Touch, here's one dictionary that I really really recommend:

English Vietnamese English Dictionary for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/english-vietnamese-english/id318906310?mt=8)

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Of course you should be happy. Last night, one of the girl I knew long time ago called me from her home in Cau Mau (the southern tip of VN), and told me that her mom wants to talk to me. I said no, but her mom already took over the phone. Then, her mom asked me 1. if I can go to Cau Mau to visit her? 2. Do I love her daughter? and if yes, how much? 3. Can I marry her daughter because she will turn 20 soon. :( Toi buon qua.

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 10:14 AM
muon lai = come over?

Yes. 1 minh means one person
o = live
muon = want
lai = come over

I think your Tieng Viet improves day by day.

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Yes. 1 minh means one person
o = live
muon = want
lai = come over

I think your Tieng Viet improves day by day.

thanks. im trying to pick up word by word :) with all the help here that is

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
oooooh.. be happy of cos. you dont have to share the burden feeding daughter

Yes, should be happy... cos I always wanted a daughter anyway... But, it's still early days...

hmm... actually is another girl. the previous 1 will sometime use the symbol on it which is really easy for me.

Con gai nhieu nhieu ha....

ive been using the vdict but without the symbol i can only guess. try and error thing

Yes, trial and error. Problem with VDict is sometime they give you the same word with different symbol so you can check each and every one. But, sometimes, it just give you the one it "think" you want. Very pek chek...

Alternative? Those long hair dictionary roaming the streets lor. Sometimes, I will just approach a random one and ask her to help translate. Or if you go V pub (which I think you do), most waitresses are VBs anyway. They will help. Those at M51 downstairs at all VBs. They help if you ask nicely.

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
thanks. im trying to pick up word by word :) with all the help here that is

Keep a notepad of new words you encounter and with the translation. This comes in helpful for me.

This link has some of the most commonly used TV:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/74792-tieng-viet-lovers-club-217.html#post4250912

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 10:27 AM
hahaa not many not many..

yep saving all on my phone. though not a smart phone. vdict sometimes dont give me the rite meaning for the context. and i dont know what is the rite symbol to use if i wanna try checking word by word. kinda tedious but hey.. i learn fast this way!

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Of course you should be happy. Last night, one of the girl I knew long time ago called me from her home in Cau Mau (the southern tip of VN), and told me that her mom wants to talk to me. I said no, but her mom already took over the phone. Then, her mom asked me 1. if I can go to Cau Mau to visit her? 2. Do I love her daughter? and if yes, how much? 3. Can I marry her daughter because she will turn 20 soon. :( Toi buon qua.

Yes, am happy since I always wanted a daughter plus I did tell her I will thuong her daugher as much as I like her. But, still a strange feeling to have someone call me papa....

That girl... was she a WL before? In any case, if I were you, I also buon.

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, am happy since I always wanted a daughter plus I did tell her I will thuong her daugher as much as I like her. But, still a strange feeling to have someone call me papa....

Yes. She was a WL before and she is a WL now. But it is also my fault because I got several FOC from her. Maybe that is why she think I am her boyfriend.

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM
That's the problem with FOC. :(

Got many from my Hanoi girl. Even though she always chut pattern (when here and now in Hanoi) but still stick with her. Now want to cut, but a bit guilty conscience. Now I just prefer to pay and fuck off.

Hurricane88
07-02-2010, 10:43 AM

hahaha...well done bro...buy one get one free...:)

My advise is tell her daughter to call you uncle and not "pa pa"...of course it's up to you...:)

Also pls do consider carefully if you are in for long term...there is no turning back...if you take this as fun then by all means...:)

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 10:48 AM

Wah lau eh... What a way to put it???

My advise is tell her daughter to call you uncle and not "pa pa"...of course it's up to you...:)

Also pls do consider carefully if you are in for long term...there is no turning back...if you take this as fun then by all means...:)

Nice lady (aren't they all??) but it's still early days... Cam on Ban.

SureScore
07-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes. She was a WL before and she is a WL now. But it is also my fault because I got several FOC from her. Maybe that is why she think I am her boyfriend.

A WL invest in FOC is their common tactics.

If she gives you free then she has to earn from others to foot her bills living here.

Somehow, if you being kced by her then you will fall hard in future.

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 11:07 AM
A WL invest in FOC is their common tactics.

If she gives you free then she has to earn from others to foot her bills living here.

Somehow, if you being kced by her then you will fall hard in future.

Yes. FOC is very problematic. But the problem is she charges other customer $200 for ST, where do I get $200 to pay her every time? :cool: I have no choice but opt for FOC and then worry later.

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 11:09 AM
~~ deleted ~~

jackbl
07-02-2010, 01:17 PM
muon lai = come over?

Wow...quickly take up the offer la. She alone at home very boring. U shd go over, ask her to teach u some TV.... :D ;)
If u dun wan, pass the contact to me la :p

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Not common to have VB ask you go up their house as most of them rent house and it's normally not allowed to bring visitors up.

mai tu liao...

zhu star
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Hopefully the parent and her bro and sister don't come as a package. Those involved in KC will know what I mean

FireShark
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM

Bro Tomcat007

Dont rush into married. I know my gf for a year plus. she also ask me to marry her but I say I need time to see you for another year. If nothing go wrong, I will marry her in early yr 2011.

Lastime I had a ex vn gf. I try to rush in marriage but in the end I get hurt so bad. Ca Mau gals I know are pretty. Are your gf pretty too???:D:D

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Bro Tomcat007

Dont rush into married. I know my gf for a year plus. she also ask me to marry her but I say I need time to see you for another year. If nothing go wrong, I will marry her in early yr 2011.

Lastime I had a ex vn gf. I try to rush in marriage but in the end I get hurt so bad.

No lah... Marriage not in the plan yet, not at least for another 2 years.

Ca Mau gals I know are pretty. Are your gf pretty too???:D:D

Er... The girl from Ca Mau not mine. Belongs to Bro Lovesprout. Mine is from An Giang... Don't know where it is also.

Hurricane88
07-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Mine is from An Giang... Don't know where it is also.

An Giang province is west of HCMC, on the border to Cambodia...:)

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 03:21 PM
oh shoot. Just wake up only and i got msg from her.

Em dien thoai cho anh nghe di
i call you?

Anh an com chua em nho anh.
Anh lai di an com voi em

Hurricane88
07-02-2010, 03:34 PM
i call you?

Anh lai di an com voi em

Let me try to translate for you...these are common msg that will repeat many times...:)

sister gave you a call to hear

Brother eat yet sister miss brother

Anh lai di an com voi em
Brother come and eat with sister

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
ic. Which means an com = eat?
Di = and?
Voi = with?
nghe di =hear?

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 04:27 PM
Er... The girl from Ca Mau not mine. Belongs to Bro Lovesprout. Mine is from An Giang... Don't know where it is also.

An Giang girls are also very pretty. The girl in my Avatar is also from An Giang. I went to An Giang to visit her once. It is a nice place with a lot of beautiful con gai.

I only know one girl from Ca Mau so it is difficult for me to judge. But she is quite pretty. I think Ca Mau is too far so not many girls come here to work.

lovesprout
07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
ic. Which means an com = eat?
Di = and?
Voi = with?
nghe di =hear?

"Di" at the end of the sentence means "command". A sentence with "di" at the end forms an imperative sentence.

anh nghe di = you listen

You can also say, "em di di", means "You go"
Be careful the first "di" means "go" and the second "di" means "command"

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 05:09 PM
"Di" at the end of the sentence means "command". A sentence with "di" at the end forms an imperative sentence.

anh nghe di = you listen

You can also say, "em di di", means "You go"
Be careful the first "di" means "go" and the second "di" means "command"
means she is commanding me to answer whenever she calls?? gosh.. can i assume nghe = listen?

instead of di, can i use ve?

noname12sg
07-02-2010, 05:10 PM
anh co cho di lam kg de em biet?
is it do you know i dont have to go work? or you dont know i have to work?

jackbl
07-02-2010, 05:16 PM
An Giang girls are also very pretty. The girl in my Avatar is also from An Giang. I went to An Giang to visit her once. It is a nice place with a lot of beautiful con gai.

Which part of An Giang is your gal in Avatar from? I have "duyen" with gals from An Giang nhe.... :D

Thom07
07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
E vo sbf coi a viet j ha?

A la con trai e thich phai kg? Hjhj

Troi.. Sai roi, e thich ng chay taxi.. A kg phai ng chay taxi.

Ooops. You had scared her off liao.

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM

So far, only got 2 girls from An Giang...So, not sure if can conclude An Giang girls are pretty although both are. :p And, both happen to be very understanding.

Know that they are here to work and understand that most men they meet either got ban gai or ba xa roi. Hence, both adopt the attitude that its just working for them. If happen got men treat them better, it's a bonus. And both never insist that I have them sit with me only. Cause of this, I also treat both of them better. But, the one I treat best, chut the most pattern. Sianz...

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 06:00 PM
means she is commanding me to answer whenever she calls?? gosh.. can i assume nghe = listen?

instead of di, can i use ve?

If I'm not wrong,

di => go
ve => return

And, yes, nghe = hear, should be she asking you to answer her phone. Not sure about you (i.e. whether it's convenient for you to answer VBs' call), but for me, I always tell them if they want find me, just message (nhan tin) me. Don't ever call (dien thoai) me.

Apart from the reason that it might not be convenient, it also subtlely tell them I call the shot. I decide when to call you, not the other way round.

bonbonbebe
07-02-2010, 09:20 PM
oh shoot. Just wake up only and i got msg from her.

i call you?

Anh lai di an com voi em

Em dien thoai cho anh nghe di.

Missing a comma here. The right sentence must be "Em dien thoai cho anh, nghe di"
----> I called (or will call) u, plz answer.

"di" = 吧, use at the end of the sentence, to direct. You should or must do the action in the verb stand be4 "di".

bonbonbebe
07-02-2010, 09:46 PM
The thing with tieng viet is that, like Singlish, they also have their lah, lor, leh...

Sometimes, the "vay", "nha", "nhe" act as their lah/lor/leh and have no meaning. I tend to ignore when I see them.

For example, "xin loi nha" => sorry lah... (a bit sa3 jiao1 voice)

Your message...

I (girl) miss you chu (?), you (guy) want see me (girl) or not?

The only time I see chu is when they are referring to their boss i.e. ong chu (male boss), ba chu (female boss or boss wife).

chu also can mean:

HTH.

U r nearly correct.

"Vay" at the end of sentence means nothing. Just like lah, lor. But if "vay" is in the middle of the sentence, it means "then", linking 2 actions together.

"Chu" (full form: chứ), means "of course". Use at the end of the sentence, show the fact that u must have known already.
"Chu" = the boss only when it is subject of the sentence, (full form: chủ).

tomcat007
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
bonbonbebe

And we thought KT had scared you away with his post...

Anyhoo, thanks for the correction. Am a starter learner here where TV is concerned, hence, irregardless of your real identity, as long as you contribute to this thread and help out brothers here, is is good enough for me. :)

Let me go through my SMSes and post those that I don't really understand but managed to guess the meaning by reading the words around it. :)

bonbonbebe
07-02-2010, 10:09 PM
bonbonbebe

And we thought KT had scared you away with his post...

Anyhoo, thanks for the correction. Am a starter learner here where TV is concerned, hence, irregardless of your real identity, as long as you contribute to this thread and help out brothers here, is is good enough for me. :)

Let me go through my SMSes and post those that I don't really understand but managed to guess the meaning by reading the words around it. :)

Nevermind.
I came here to pick some information up about SG men life. Dun care too much. I read read a lot for a long time but only when I hit to this thread I thought I should register an account! Time will tell whether I'm real.

SMSes almost easy to be understood by guessing. U and any other bro here could guess the main meaning. I just come to correct what is wrong. Dun say anything makes ur gals laugh. As my guy, when he said to me, khung khung dien dien, I got angry and ignored him for almost a week :D

AdGuy
07-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Nevermind.
khung khung dien dien, I got angry and ignored him for almost a week :D

We in Singapore use this regularly in pubs... as a joke. But if I'm not mistaken, khung can be quite insulting to some.

AdGuy
07-02-2010, 10:18 PM
But if "vay" is in the middle of the sentence, it means "then", linking 2 actions together.

Just checking... does vay work in the same way as thi? as in 'neu e buon ngu vay e ngu di' and 'neu e buon ngu thi e ngu di'

"Chu" (full form: chứ), means "of course". Use at the end of the sentence, show the fact that u must have known already.

Can you give example of a sentence?

Cam on ban nhieu nhieu

bonbonbebe
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Just checking... does vay work in the same way as thi? as in 'neu e buon ngu vay e ngu di' and 'neu e buon ngu thi e ngu di'

Can you give example of a sentence?

Cam on ban nhieu nhieu

U r smart! "Vay" = "thi". Sometimes they use those 2 words together, "vay thi", the same meaning!

About "chu":
Guy: Em yeu anh khong? (Do u love me?)
Gal: Em yeu anh chu! (I love u, of course!)

NOTE: "chu" = "need to ask?", if it was used in the answer. If it was used in the question, it = khong? (吗?)

It is normal when u c this conversation:
Guy: Em yeu anh chu? (Do u love me?)
Gal: Em yeu anh chu! (I love u, of course!)

pterchew
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM

so are you going to marry her?

i think her mon would really wish she can marry n relocate in other country.

i met a cocnut seller in HCM few years back. i drink this particular old lady
coconut everyday to support her biz. of course i give her fat tips w/o
knowing that she actually has a 15 y/o young daughter also selling coconut.
after few visits, she like me so much that she asked me to bring her daughter
back to sgp. i brought the young gal to buy new dresses, a watch and a
pair of nice shoe one day and bring her out to a posh dinner and disco
that nite. it was like a cinderalla story. haha :o

AdGuy
07-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Then, her mom asked me 1. if I can go to Cau Mau to visit her? 2. Do I love her daughter? and if yes, how much? 3.

Oh yes baby! How much?

FireShark
07-02-2010, 11:31 PM

that nite. it was like a cinderalla story. haha

Bro

Its truth that a lot of VN people family hope their daughters leave VN. Life in VN is tough whereby the inflation is so high. They also hope that when their daughters married overseas, the husband could help out their familiy in some ways. We, Singaporeans consider very lucky whereby we have a more easier life.

After disco, where you bring her go???:confused::confused::confused:

pterchew
08-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Bro

Its truth that a lot of VN people family hope their daughters leave VN. Life in VN is tough whereby the inflation is so high. They also hope that when their daughters married overseas, the husband could help out their familiy in some ways. We, Singaporeans consider very lucky whereby we have a more easier life.

After disco, where you bring her go???

bring her to REX hotel.

her playground. a place where they sell coconut to the tourists during the day.
her mother was waiting for us there. :o

lovesprout
08-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Which part of An Giang is your gal in Avatar from? I have "duyen" with gals from An Giang nhe.... :D

She is from Long Xuyen. The capital of An Giang. The picture was taken at a goldshop where we changed money.

Of course not. I don't even know that she will contact me after she goes back to Vietnam. Well, but it seems her mom is very serious.

Oh yes baby! How much?

Not much lah. When her mom asked me this question, I really choked and didn't know how to answer. Just pretend that I didn't know much Tieng Viet. :D

haha_123
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
that nite. it was like a cinderalla story. haha :o

Bro pterchew, I know this coconut girl and her mother selling coconut outside Parkson Department store, and along Dong Khoi st. The girl can speak a bit of English and she always wave at me to buy her coconut. But I never bought from her. Could we be talking about the same girl?

I also know another hawker girl who works at Ben Thanh market. She sells rice with mixed vegetables with her mother and aunt. Whenever she sees me, she will hold on to my hand, machiam like I'm her boyfriend like that, and pull me to eat at her stall. After work at 6pm, she will sms me to find out what I'm doing, and she also asked me to bring her to Vung Tau for holiday during the Lunar New Year. But I never bring her out because she's too young for me, and I didn't want to give her any false hope. Anyway I've enough trouble handling my bx already.

bonbonbebe
08-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Bro pterchew, I know this coconut girl and her mother selling coconut outside Parkson Department store, and along Dong Khoi st. The girl can speak a bit of English and she always wave at me to buy her coconut. But I never bought from her. Could we be talking about the same girl?

There are thousands of girls selling coconut there :eek:

Many bro here plz give me an advice.
Does the background of the girl make the man not interested in her anymore?
I often texted to my SG guy, talked about a lot of things. Sometimes he insisted that he doesn't like a citygirl, or a girl who loves shopping. The other side, he kept telling me that he was a poor man, his jobs is tough blah blah blah...
Last week I had a trip to SG to meet him and then came back, I felt sth really went wrong. Just feeling. He said I don't need to be sensitive. But how can I pretend not to be?
Then I recovered all the time I stayed at SG meeting him. Only 1 night because I have no much free time. We have dinner and chat about everything only. Nothing bad except I felt some tired because of all day shopping. And then he asked for my major, my coming job or etc. I told frankly and then I saw he got a bit weird.
I don't mind. I nevermind. I thought every is ok until last night we text to each other. He seemed no interested in replying me. What is the problem here? Could any bro tell me, if I give up now?
As I said, he is a cabby. We met at the first time I visited to SG to travel. On the begin of the Dec. 2009. Then we kept in touch n I managed to come SG to met him along my trip to KL last week. He is 31, I'm 23. I studied law and next month will work in the court. My family background not bad, and I'm not comming from a countryside family as he wish.
With those differences above, should I give up on him now? If u bro see no hope for me, I will stop thinking about him. I ever thought that I should ask him directly about my worries, but that's rude. Just I like him only. We r not in a relationship at all.

Troi oi after telling my story here, I suddenly think if he is a sbf member and read all I wrote. If that's true I will khong con mat mui nao to face him. :eek:

lovesprout
08-02-2010, 02:05 PM
With those differences above, should I give up on him now? If u bro see no hope for me, I will stop thinking about him. I ever thought that I should ask him directly about my worries, but that's rude. Just I like him only. We r not in a relationship at all.

So far we only know that guy is a taxi driver. It is too general. Believe it or not, cabby in Singapore can have a PhD degree from Stanford University!

A Singapore Taxi Driver's Diary (http://taxidiary.blogspot.com/)

Therefore, please provide more details about him so we can make better suggestions. There are more than 2 million men in Singapore. Why are you only interested in this one? I am sure you are from a decent family. Definitely you can have many choices.

Thom07
08-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I think this article will provide a summary on the background of this event.

PhD holder now a cabby (http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_418626.html)

Thom07
08-02-2010, 02:24 PM
If u bro see no hope for me, I will stop thinking about him. I ever thought that I should ask him directly about my worries, but that's rude. Just I like him only. We r not in a relationship at all.

A relationship takes 2 hands to clap in unison.

pterchew
08-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Bro pterchew, I know this coconut girl and her mother selling coconut outside Parkson Department store, and along Dong Khoi st. The girl can speak a bit of English and she always wave at me to buy her coconut. But I never bought from her. Could we be talking about the same girl?.

mine happened at least 5-6 years back.
the last time i met her was last year n she has grown taller and is no
longer selling coconuts. she works as a door gal giving out leaflets to
passer-by outside a spa.

i dont know if we are talking about the same gal but i think i still have her
pic somewhere around. let me go n dig it out. :o

pterchew
08-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Troi oi after telling my story here, I suddenly think if he is a sbf member and read all I wrote. If that's true I will khong con mat mui nao to face him. :eek:

juz ask him directly if he suka you or not, if the answer is yes, carry-on.
if is not, than dont waste each other time n move-on. :o

tomcat007
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM

Bro

Don't think bonbonbebe understand what is suka... LOL!! Unless she's a super multi-language talented Vietnamese girl who happens to know TV/English/Chinese/Malay...

suka => like

pterchew
08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Bro

Don't think bonbonbebe understand what is suka... LOL!! Unless she's a super multi-language talented Vietnamese girl who happens to know TV/English/Chinese/Malay...

suka => like

kamu suda picah lobang dong. :o

tomcat007
08-02-2010, 03:29 PM
HUH? I only know picah lobang... LOL....

miua55555
08-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Wish husband sleep well ... I (girl) miss U (boy) many many.

Take a look at this link. Should cover most of the common messages from VBs and save you from having to wait for translation:

Thank you bro ... But i had a hard time figuring things out. :o

Hacks
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Ben trong tim e coi a van la ban ma. A da suy nghi nhieu wa.

My interpretation: Inside my heart you are still my friend. You think too much.
Correct? :confused:

What does "da" means?

Thanks.

haha_123
08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Many bro here plz give me an advice.
Does the background of the girl make the man not interested in her anymore?
I often texted to my SG guy, talked about a lot of things. Sometimes he insisted that he doesn't like a citygirl, or a girl who loves shopping. The other side, he kept telling me that he was a poor man, his jobs is tough blah blah blah...
Last week I had a trip to SG to meet him and then came back, I felt sth really went wrong. Just feeling. He said I don't need to be sensitive. But how can I pretend not to be?
Then I recovered all the time I stayed at SG meeting him. Only 1 night because I have no much free time. We have dinner and chat about everything only. Nothing bad except I felt some tired because of all day shopping. And then he asked for my major, my coming job or etc. I told frankly and then I saw he got a bit weird.
I don't mind. I nevermind. I thought every is ok until last night we text to each other. He seemed no interested in replying me. What is the problem here? Could any bro tell me, if I give up now?
As I said, he is a cabby. We met at the first time I visited to SG to travel. On the begin of the Dec. 2009. Then we kept in touch n I managed to come SG to met him along my trip to KL last week. He is 31, I'm 23. I studied law and next month will work in the court. My family background not bad, and I'm not comming from a countryside family as he wish.

I guess he is feeling inferior because he is a taxi driver while you are going to work in court. I will feel uncomfortable too if my wife earns more than me. But then this is just my guessing only. It's better to ask him personally and tactfully, without hurting his feelings.

Like my cheong buddy always remind to me: "Mien qiang shi mei you xing fu de" meaning "Happiness cannot be forced".

Few years ago I was in a much worse situation than you. I got smitten by a China ktv girl, and I even travel all the way to Shanghai to find her. Needless to say, I was looking for my "true love" in the wrong place.

At least for you, you are not in a relationship yet. So if not compatible, you can always look for another more suitable man.

pterchew
08-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Few years ago I was in a much worse situation than you. I got smitten by a China ktv girl, and I even travel all the way to Shanghai to find her. Needless to say, I was looking for my "true love" in the wrong place.

At least for you, you are not in a relationship yet. So if not compatible, you can always look for another more suitable man.

LOVE and $$$ are the 2 things that can make a man or woman go hay wire.

some say, women can bring trouble to us. is very true, so we must go
along with this game very tactfully. dont get hurt and dont hurt other 2. :o

bonbonbebe
08-02-2010, 06:17 PM
So far we only know that guy is a taxi driver. It is too general. Believe it or not, cabby in Singapore can have a PhD degree from Stanford University!

A Singapore Taxi Driver's Diary (http://taxidiary.blogspot.com/)

Therefore, please provide more details about him so we can make better suggestions. There are more than 2 million men in Singapore. Why are you only interested in this one? I am sure you are from a decent family. Definitely you can have many choices.

I think this article will provide a summary on the background of this event.

PhD holder now a cabby (http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_418626.html)

A relationship takes 2 hands to clap in unison.

Bro

suka => like

I guess he is feeling inferior because he is a taxi driver while you are going to work in court. I will feel uncomfortable too if my wife earns more than me. But then this is just my guessing only. It's better to ask him personally and tactfully, without hurting his feelings.

Like my cheong buddy always remind to me: "Mien qiang shi mei you xing fu de" meaning "Happiness cannot be forced".

Thank many bros giving away ur advice here.

I'm really confused. I like him, but not love him. I dont think about marriage at my age. And I dont think about money issue too. I'm not the kind of galz living in countryside hooking up for a man because of his money (n if I'm that kind of gal, I'm not hook into a cabby :D).

We argued about money over and over. I remember last time we must make a deal, that never talk about money in our conversation. But I really dont think money issue makes any sense here. Am i wrong? He blamed on me to be a city gal with the materialism in gene :confused:, never suffer the poverty blah blah blah.

Be4 my last trip to KL and btw visit SG to c him, he often told that he likes me, he kind of fallen with me, he missed me etc. But after my last trip, he never say that. Some days ago I asked him, do u like me, then he just changed the topic of the conversation.

Ok some bros asked y I like him. To b frankly it's just a weird feeling. At the first sight I caught his friendliness. Maybe because of his job. N then we have time to talk. He work at night shift while my left-hand job is working at night also. Instead of having a break by sipping kopi, I have a break by texting to him. He told me about what he suffered in his life, etc. Of course I half believed, maybe he wants to trick me only. Until someday I think I fell into his trap n liked him.

It's not a love. We just know each other in very short time. And meet each other only 2 times. Not consider about long term or marriage, even to a relationship I also feel worried. 进退两难 lah! Maybe he had put black magic on me!

bonbonbebe
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
My interpretation: Inside my heart you are still my friend. You think too much.
Correct? :confused:

What does "da" means?

Thanks.

"da" = 已经
It indicates that the following action is done. It makes the past tense.
"A da suy nghi nhieu wa."
---> U (have) thought so much (yet).

bonbonbebe
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Bro

suka => like

Thank u bro! U say it loudly for me. I don't understand Malay n Hokkien words. I'm managing with Malay. I hope my Singlish will improve, at least to understand what many bros here say.

And btw to bro haha_123, I can understand Chinese, dont need to translate it into English for me :D

lovesprout
08-02-2010, 06:50 PM
It's not a love. We just know each other in very short time. And meet each other only 2 times. Not consider about long term or marriage, even to a relationship I also feel worried. 进退两难 lah! Maybe he had put black magic on me!

His black magic is so powerful. Finally bro Kangtuo find a match. :cool:

I think you can just ignore him for a while and see whether he contacts you or not. If not, then that means he is not interested in you so you can move on. This tactic is commonly used by many bros here for their VBs, but should work for you as well. Good luck.

KangTuo
08-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm really confused. I like him, but not love him.

this is what gals always confuse themselve and also confuse the guys.

thich = like
yeu = love

to me, both are same. Don't confuse yourself.

And I dont think about money issue too.

Its about inferiority. he is a cab driver working 12hour shift and taking home $2.5K on average. Hardly enough to survive in sillypore. You work in court and you are very knowledgeable.

He blamed on me to be a city gal with the materialism in gene :confused:, never suffer the poverty blah blah blah.

I guess he is looking for just an ordinary gal who can stay home, cook and take care of the house. Not someone who shop shop shop.

city gals... there is a lot in sillypore. You are no different from them.

Some days ago I asked him, do u like me, then he just changed the topic of the conversation.

you never listen to a song "dung hoi vi sao anh yeu em" before?
guys don't like such question.

He told me about what he suffered in his life, etc. Of course I half believed, maybe he wants to trick me only. Until someday I think I fell into his trap n liked him.

I guess he did really suffer in life. Working as a cab driver is not easy.
He is not tricking you.

Not consider about long term or marriage, even to a relationship I also feel worried. 进退两难 lah! Maybe he had put black magic on me!

you believe black magic?
In relationship, there bonds to have 1 party loving the other more. The party who love more tends to feel insecure... you are the one now.

you are young and ambitious. He is 31 and if still single, he should be considering marriage now. If both of you don't match, please don't drag... can stay as friend.

:)

pterchew
08-02-2010, 10:29 PM
my gal asked her manderin speaking fren to call me this afternoon to say
she has juz received the photo package i sent her. she says she is very very
happy with it and asked when would i be heading back to her breast again? :o

i'm happy to know she is happy.

well, life is like that, it doesn't mean you have to own someone you love.
you know if someone you love or care for is happy, is good enough. :o

haha_123
08-02-2010, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=bonbonbebe;4556733]

Some days ago I asked him, do u like me, then he just changed the topic of the conversation.

QUOTE]

He has already given u the answer.
Time to move on.

AdGuy
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
when would i be heading back to her breast again? :o

what? :eek:

miua55555
09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi bros, I have many problem with viet language translation. Where do you learn to translate all the "chim chim" viet words?

naemlo
09-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Hi bros, I have many problem with viet language translation. Where do you learn to translate all the "chim chim" viet words?

There is a publication company called, "Long hair"... they produced the best dictionary. :D

tomcat007
09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
@ miua55555

Initially, I thought TV are very confusing too. Furthermore, I can't even manage to have a good grasp of my mother tongue, much less a 3rd language.

But, I guess if you really put your heart into learning it, nothing can be too difficult one. Of course, having a few Longman... Long Hair dictionary helps. There is always this temptation to just speak / sms English to them, especially when your Long Hair dictionary are the bilingual type. Always use the language as and when possible. Furthermore, the girls make it harder for us to interpret by omitting the symbol/s which may make the word carry a different meaning altogether. Very rojak one, like one brother often mention. You can start by looking at the link in Jackbl's signature. Those are the more commonly used words / phrases.

Now, I can say I'm able to converse with my girls using TV in writing without much difficulty at all. A lot of times, we are just tapping away on my iphone ... :) Where speaking is concerned, I'm still limited to the very common words / phrases.

It takes practice lor....

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 09:38 AM
recieve sms froma hanoi gal. She was caught in the GL42 raid and have to go back roi.

Em ko ngu dc vj ko co tjen ve han0i. m0j qua lam chan wa laj ko co tjen.

Em chj cam thay mjnh bjt0n thu0ng wa nhieu th0j

Neu co 1djeu u0c em se o singabo that nau em ko mu0n ve vn. bu0n em va ng yeu cua em chja tay a day ko thu0ng em that l0ng em dj lam aday dj lay v0. em bu0n wa mjnh bj t0n thu0ng rat nhjeu nhjeu lan emko mu0n s0ng co.

so sad to see her go :(
in fact, i feel sad to see so many vb up the bus and kana send back.

miua55555
09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
@naemlo, @tomcat007,
Muahaha... thanks alot bros, I will try to get some good dictionary. :p
Currently also texting with my girl, but I have a lot of difficulty comprehending her sms. Will heed your advice and work harder on tieng viet. :p

@KangTuo,
Ya, I was there on Sat night too... saw alot of police cars. Lucky my girl and I were having supper across the road. :o

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 10:45 AM
@KangTuo,
Ya, I was there on Sat night too... saw alot of police cars. Lucky my girl and I were having supper across the road. :o

you are her saviour..
If I am outside the pubs, I will just grab a gal and runaway. Be her saviour and then can xxxxxx. :D:D now only can dream

Hurricane88
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
i'm happy to know she is happy.

well, life is like that, it doesn't mean you have to own someone you love.
you know if someone you love or care for is happy, is good enough. :o

I used this line before...seems like you oso use this line...we think alike...kekeke...:)

Hurricane88
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Very rojak one, like one brother often mention.

It takes practice lor....

hahaha...tieng viet to me is still rojak...but of course I can read and write some but cannot speak with their tones...:p

Honey Boon
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM

and you surely can find much better choices here :p

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Thank u bros give me advices, especially bro KT.

I'm pretty sure u bros feel TV is hard to understand, and harder when TV coming without its signals/symbols. But the fact that even Vietnamese can not understand that kind of Tieng Viet also. As my mother, with very high level of education, always feel troubles to read an email with tieng Viet khong dau (tiếng Việt không dấu), Vietnamese without signals/symbols.

And myself case, I quite hate the type of teenagers' Vietnamese, can see in the sms above from bro KT gal. They use j instead of i, 0 instead of o, k instead of c (rarely) to shorter their time when texting. It's lucky that u bros here still haven't encountered teenagers gal. They dont use TV, they use teen code (common to every country). If have free time, u bros can figure out what VNM teen code looks alike by using this website:

golemesnair - B? gõ ti?ng xìtin (http://golemesnair.googlepages.com/)

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
hahaha...tieng viet to me is still rojak...but of course I can read and write some but cannot speak with their tones...:p

If bro can speak Mandarin, so what troubles with tieng Viet tones? Any bro here can use Mandarin, so for sure that u bros will speak TV 地道, with the Northern accent. If u bro can speak Cantonese or Hokkien, Southern accent and HCMC accent is not any problem here!

naemlo
09-02-2010, 12:49 PM
If bro can speak Mandarin, so what troubles with tieng Viet tones? Any bro here can use Mandarin, so for sure that u bros will speak TV 地道, with the Northern accent. If u bro can speak Cantonese or Hokkien, Southern accent and HCMC accent is not any problem here!

U must be crazy to link speaking Mandarin to north vietnamese and linking cantonese/hokkien to south vietnamese. What is the link here to able to speak vietnamese tones??? :rolleyes:

tomcat007
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM

Sis,

This is from my Hanoi girl... Is it true that Northern TV is understood throughout Viet Nam whereas HCMC TV is only understood in HCMC only?

Personally I find having to learn the 29 alphabets, 6 tones a bit difficult. Granted, I believe if I put in effort, I'm sure learning to speak TV fluently is achievable.

One more thing I want to ask is... (since you're quite educated and don't think those long hair dictionary roaming the streets will know the answer)..

When I started going Viet pubs, my friends all tell me TV very funny one. A lot of time, it's spoken the other way around. For eg. "my sister" in English becomes "sister my" in TV. "Phone number" in English becomes "number phone" in TV. Was listening to this song "Mother's Love" (TV name: Tinh Me), again other way round. Again, as TET is around the corner, "New Spring" becomes "Spring new" in TV.

This somehow presents another type of difficulty when trying to compose a proper TV sentence without causing the reader to suffer from stomach cramp (from laughing, obviously).

Is there any reason (culturally or otherwise) why sentences / phrases is being structured in this manner? I'm asking you since you're one of the more education VB that I've encountered. :)

Look forward to your advice.

Hurricane88
09-02-2010, 01:23 PM

Another bad apple thread, I just read this...buon qua...:mad:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/168733-divorcing-vn-gal-bros-pls-advise.html

tomcat007
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Seems that girls from Hai Phong are to be avoided general as life partners. I remembered once when I casually joked with my Hanoi girl that I got girls many many.... HCMC lah, Hanoi lah... Hai Phong lah... etc etc.

When she heard Hai Phong, immediately her expression change. Later then I find out from her that Hai Phong is really notorious for all the wrong reasons (just like the post you linked to where the TS was saying Hai Phong is noted for gansterism etc). Drugs, pills, gangs etc are the norm there.

And she's afraid that I might have caught anything from girls from Hai Phong.

Thom07
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
When I started going Viet pubs, my friends all tell me TV very funny one. A lot of time, it's spoken the other way around. For eg. "my sister" in English becomes "sister my" in TV. "Phone number" in English becomes "number phone" in TV. Was listening to this song "Mother's Love" (TV name: Tinh Me), again other way round. Again, as TET is around the corner, "New Spring" becomes "Spring new" in TV.

Actually there is absolutely nothing funny. That is the way sentences in TV are structured. Just that you cant get used to it only.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 02:40 PM
U must be crazy to link speaking Mandarin to north vietnamese and linking cantonese/hokkien to south vietnamese. What is the link here to able to speak vietnamese tones???
OK man u can accused me of being crazy. Try to learning TV u will understand y I said. I just want to show u some easy to c.

Mandarin including 5 tones, which pronounce same to Northern TV including 6 tones. Some people, as bro tomcat007 said below, can not manage with 6 tones. Neither do I.

I only speak in 5 tones. As all of Southern. These 5 tones u will find in Cantonese.

And with a large number of Chinese people living in Cho Lon, Chinatown of HCMC, a large number of Cantonese/Hokkien vocabulary used by nguoi Viet everyday. Those words completely omitted in the Northern. Just come living here a week at District 5 or 6, u will c that what I said is not nonsense. U can see Mekong Delta people call their father = tia, which pronounce same to 爹!

Sis,

This is from my Hanoi girl... Is it true that Northern TV is understood throughout Viet Nam whereas HCMC TV is only understood in HCMC only?

Personally I find having to learn the 29 alphabets, 6 tones a bit difficult. Granted, I believe if I put in effort, I'm sure learning to speak TV fluently is achievable.

One more thing I want to ask is... (since you're quite educated and don't think those long hair dictionary roaming the streets will know the answer)..

This somehow presents another type of difficulty when trying to compose a proper TV sentence without causing the reader to suffer from stomach cramp (from laughing, obviously).

Is there any reason (culturally or otherwise) why sentences / phrases is being structured in this manner? I'm asking you since you're one of the more education VB that I've encountered. :)

Look forward to your advice.

Dear bro tomcat007,

About HN and HCMC, the differences r not only the accents but also the culture, politics... It's complicated.

In theory, Northern TV must be understood all along Vietnam. But the fact is nowhere understand but Northern. Hanoians' accent is somehow easy to understand, but the neighbor province's accient :eek: ... I'd rather not to speak to them!

And then, because u r foreigner, people will not care what accent u speak. But if u r Northen and speak Northen in HCMC or the Western/Mekong Delta, is not unsually that everyone will stare at u. Because of some traditional racist. And the same to the Southern to go to Northern. Not only locals dont understand Southern, but also they hate Southern at all. If have free time, we will talk about this cultural problems later.

The matter here, everyone realize except officials, that nearly we speak 2 different languages. Not only different from the tones and accents, but also different from the vocabulary. Though the government put some effort to unite, but the result is little little...

And about the order in sentence, I think bro understand it clearly.
We have the complex:

AAA BBB

The prior AAA must be the main object. The BBB just some additional information.
That makes TV is unique. But compare to Malay, I know some bros here understand Malay, maybe it the same? (sorry, I just understand some little Malay, if I said wrong plz forgive me)

In Malaysia, when I check an item out, they ask me "Card credit?"
Then I think Malay is the same for TV.

But I need to confirm to bro, this order is one of our cultural matter and I will talk about this later if bro still is interested in which cultural feature :D
Here is something I want to provide to bro:

First, in the phrase have the possession meaning, dont use the rule AAABBB.
Ex: "Me toi", "Nha toi".
Those words above is just the shortened form. Full form must be "Me cua toi" (mother of me), "Nha cua toi" (house of mine), which "cua" = "of" is omitted.
Or Republic of Singapore = Cong hoa Singapore (of is omitted), the same to Socialism Republic of Vietnam = CHXHCNVN (cua or of is omitted)

Second, we still use the worldwide order in some phrase which only including the Han Viet (Chinese-Vietnamese). U can c some bank have the name: Viet Nam Tin Nghia Ngan Hang (越南信义银行), or Dai Tin Ngan Hang (大信银行). This is not the wrong gramma or sinh ngoai (oversea-prefer) style. Just only the trend. U can reverse it to Ngan Hang Tin Nghia Viet Nam or Ngan Hang Dai Tinh n every people also understand, but it is not preferred. This is the old trend, but now become new trend, as fashion :D

miua55555
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
@kangTuo,
Hahah... hanor hanor. :p

My girl sms me last night:

1) Ox ngu chua vay? Bxa nho oxa ngu ko duoc ne ..
2) Chuc a ngu ngon nhe... Dem nay a ve e minh gap nhau trong mo nha ox.

I only know Ox=ong xa (husband), Bx=ba xa(wife), nho=miss

The rest I can't figure out the meaning. :o

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Mandarin including 5 tones, which pronounce same to Northern TV including 6 tones. Some people, as bro

my mandarin is lousy but I rememer it consist of 4 tones :)

U can see Mekong Delta people call their father = tia, which pronounce same to 爹!

I heard my galfriend (from tien giang) calling her dad something like "cha" :)

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 03:11 PM
@kangTuo,
Hahah... hanor hanor. :p

My girl sms me last night:

2) Chuc a ngu ngon nhe... Dem nay a va e minh gap nhau trong mo nha ox.

I only know Ox=ong xa (husband), Bx=ba xa(wife), nho=miss

The rest I can't figure out the meaning. :o

1) husband sleep already? Wife miss husband, cannot sleep "ne"..
2) Wish you goodnight "nhe"... Tonight you and I meet togehter in dream "nha" husband.

ne/nhe/nha is just an exclaimation like lor/lah/leh after a sentence. No meaning

Hacks
09-02-2010, 03:12 PM
2) Chuc a ngu ngon nhe... Dem nay a ve e minh gap nhau trong mo nha ox.

Have you sleep yet? I miss you and cant sleep.
Wish you good night. We met in our dreams at night.

naemlo
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
OK man u can accused me of being crazy. Try to learning TV u will understand y I said. I just want to show u some easy to c.

U r just arguing your nonsense without actual fact in linking other languages.

Mandarin including 5 tones, which pronounce same to Northern TV including 6 tones. Some people, as bro tomcat007 said below, can not manage with 6 tones. Neither do I.

These 5 tones u will find in Cantonese.

Again who on earth told u cantonese comes with 5 tones? So do u mean hokkien also comes with 4/5/6/7 tones???

Just come living here a week at District 5 or 6, u will c that what I said is not nonsense. U can see Mekong Delta people call their father = tia, which pronounce same to 爹!

D5 was where I first stayed in HCMC... again, dun come here n argue your nonsense.

No doubt your viet might be better than most here but dun take others for a ride. Let me educate u another language. Thai has 5 tones, so can u master it? Thai also structure like viet, instead of "my house", Thai says, "house mine".

puying sway mai sway mai pen rai, hua jai sway por leow. Try to master this. The sentence only contains 5 tones. :rolleyes:

Anyway move on with new topic. Bored with this.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 03:20 PM
my mandarin is lousy but I rememer it consist of 4 tones :)

I heard my galfriend (from tien giang) calling her dad something like "cha" :)

Mandarin includes 5 tones man. 4 stone --(1) /(2) \/(3) \(4) n 轻声(5)

"Cha" is the other ways of saying "tia". U just pronounce two words n c the similar :D Mekong Delta people prefer that word, while Northen is "bo" and HCMC is "ba".

miua55555
09-02-2010, 03:45 PM
@KangTuo and @Hacks,

Thank you for your help. Now I find viet language more and more interesting. :o

pterchew
09-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Another bad apple thread, I just read this...buon qua...:mad:

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/matters-heart/168733-divorcing-vn-gal-bros-pls-advise.html

yah, i read that last nite. is a gd true story to share.

the subject was lucky to have a good and supportive cousin like the TS.
if not of him, he may be lost and got ridden to rot. well, got to be very
careful with our decision and be prepared for the worst.

i think the subject is also quite strong. at least he is ready to let go
everything and not to hold on something that may not be his anymore.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
U r just arguing your nonsense without actual fact in linking other languages.

Who on the earth told u Mandarin comes with 5 tones???

Again who on earth told u cantonese comes with 5 tones? So do u mean hokkien also comes with 4/5/6/7 tones???

D5 was where I first stayed in HCMC... again, dun come here n argue your nonsense.

No doubt your viet might be better than most here but dun take others for a ride. Let me educate u another language. Thai has 5 tones, so can u master it? Thai also structure like viet, instead of "my house", Thai says, "house mine".

puying sway mai sway mai pen rai, hua jai sway por leow. Try to master this. The sentence only contains 5 tones. :rolleyes:

Ok bro, believe or not, it's up to u. I provided some information and bro can decide whether to believe. Just watch your words plz, I have no reason trick others.

I said that bro will find 5 Southern tones in Cantonese, among very very many Cantonese tones. I DONT say that Cantonese has 5 tones. Bro plz dont look at my sentence and find the gap to dig it out.

Thais has no influence to TV or very little part. We r continental of Chinese, French n American. The Southern had also been the land of Cambodia and use Khmer language. Cantonese still live in Cho Lon, not live in Northern. 京剧 is alike hat boi / tuong in Northen, not alike cai luong in Southern. Just think about it the ways it is man.

N about master which language, I have no benefit here to show u how many language I can use. Not only my native Viet, English and Mandarin. But also some others else. Just from my own experience, the similar btn TV n Cantonese or Hokkien makes me study them faster. And from any research, if u r interested to know, I dont mind waste my time to scan some pages for u to read.

I come here not to argue or fight. I just give some opinion and advices. Believe or not, it's up to u guys.

RJ2004
09-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Anyway move on with new topic. Bored with this.

wei, got help me buy kopi or not? :p

pterchew
09-02-2010, 04:02 PM
the problem between the northern and the southern is one PRO communist
and the other PRO american. now, after the PRO american one is collapsed
with the american soidiers run road, the PRO communist bully the defeated
counter-parts.

i also have reason to believe that the cost of living, houses and cars are
so high is a punishment from the communist to make these ppl less affordable
to stay. one will easily suspect that how could a 'lot-kok' country like VN
priced their property n houses so much expensive than sgp? i really cant
think of a good reason to convince myself beside the above.

is ok, whack me and tell me i'm wrong. :p

Hacks
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Mandarin includes 5 tones man. 4 stone --(1) /(2) \/(3) \(4) n 轻声(5)

In our local context, there is never a fifth tone in Chinese language. Maybe there is in Vn but not here.
If there is one as claimed by you, then MOE is going to get sued big time for teaching the wrong stuffs in schools here. :eek:

naemlo
09-02-2010, 04:24 PM
wei, got help me buy kopi or not? :p

I saw the kopi selling in S'pore then I realise I forget. :D Anyway, y u like that brand of kopi?? Tasteless n no fragrant compare to Vinacafe. :D I forget where I saw that brand selling, definitely not in JC or GL :D

Hacks
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
About HN and HCMC, the differences r not only the accents but also the culture, politics... It's complicated.

The answer is Vietnam War.

In theory, Northern TV must be understood all along Vietnam. But the fact is nowhere understand but Northern. Hanoians' accent is somehow easy to understand, but the neighbor province's accient :eek: ... I'd rather not to speak to them!

Personally, I find southern accent easier to understand than northern and central because I had more contacts with sourtherns. Therefore the bottomline is it all depends on who you are usually in contacts with.

From your replies, you exhibited a hint of elitism of northern being the best.

North against South and Central. South against North and Central. Central against North and South. So amusing. Just like in China. Shanghainese, Beijings, etc....... Harmony within a society is such a blessing, easily taken for granted.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
the problem between the northern and the southern is one PRO communist
and the other PRO american. now, after the PRO american one is collapsed
with the american soidiers run road, the PRO communist bully the defeated
counter-parts.

i also have reason to believe that the cost of living, houses and cars are
so high is a punishment from the communist to make these ppl less affordable
to stay. one will easily suspect that how could a 'lot-kok' country like VN
priced their property n houses so much expensive than sgp? i really cant
think of a good reason to convince myself beside the above.

is ok, whack me and tell me i'm wrong.

Bro oi, talking about politics is the fastest way to send me to jail lah :D

Not the punishment. The cost of living and prices of houses is high only in big city. In country side, quite cheap. Cars got high price because of the impoted tax + the luxury tax + the VAT (value added tax), this is the way government use to protect the domestic cars industry (but I dont think this kind of industry exists :D).

Compare to SG, everything here is quite cheap. House is expensive if it face the street (mat tien) because u can do business with ur house (open store, rent away...). Apartment rooms r not prefered here.

With the average salary, u can buy a house far from city center about 10~15km. A house at District 1 is the dream of many people, including me :D And dont dream about Dong Khoi st, Le Loi st or Nguyen Hue blv, those houses r all owned by the communist who in the army of Northern in the past :D

lovesprout
09-02-2010, 04:35 PM
In our local context, there is never a fifth tone in Chinese language. Maybe there is in Vn but not here.
If there is one as claimed by you, then MOE is going to get sued big time for teaching the wrong stuffs in schools here. :eek:

Maybe not in Singapore, but there is indeed a fifth sound in Chinese. For example. 「的」 has the fifth sound as pointed out by bonbonbebe. Maybe MOE should be sued. :rolleyes:

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 04:43 PM
The answer is Vietnam War.

Personally, I find southern accent easier to understand than northern and central because I had more contacts with sourtherns. Therefore the bottomline is it all depends on who you are usually in contacts with.

From your replies, you exhibited a hint of elitism of northern being the best.

North against South and Central. South against North and Central. Central against North and South. So amusing. Just like in China. Shanghainese, Beijings, etc....... Harmony within a society is such a blessing, easily taken for granted.

Bro oi, thank bro for giving me information.

Goverment insist on using Northern accent, same to China government insists on using Beijing accent lah! But Beijing accent quite hard to hear, r r r all the ways! My tongue will fall out of mouth if I must talk in that style!

In Northern, Hanoi accent n Hai Phong accent is quite easy to hear. The other provinces, eck! :eek: Dont talk about the Central. When communicate with the Central, I'm deaf!

About Chinese has 5 tones, I wont argue anymore. It's the fact. Thank bro lovesprout say it loudly for me.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Seems that girls from Hai Phong are to be avoided general as life partners. I remembered once when I casually joked with my Hanoi girl that I got girls many many.... HCMC lah, Hanoi lah... Hai Phong lah... etc etc.

When she heard Hai Phong, immediately her expression change. Later then I find out from her that Hai Phong is really notorious for all the wrong reasons (just like the post you linked to where the TS was saying Hai Phong is noted for gansterism etc). Drugs, pills, gangs etc are the norm there.

And she's afraid that I might have caught anything from girls from Hai Phong.

Hahahaa bro tomcat007,

Hai Phong people is good. They got the marine culture, tell frankly and say loudly. That makes Hanoian hate them! Hai Phong people main characteristic is like Southern people. That's y!

Saigonese/Mekong Delta conflict with Hanoian/Northern.
While Hanoian in conflict with Hai Phong people.

Hai Phong people is famous of gangster. Because they seperate love n hate, n they act what they think. If they hate u, u will go to hell soon. They dont mind take out a gun and bang bang :D

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
And myself case, I quite hate the type of teenagers' Vietnamese, can see in the sms above from bro KT gal. They use j instead of i, 0 instead of o, k instead of c (rarely) to shorter their time when texting.

now i recieve sms from a gal who uses "j" to replace "d", "gi", "i"... wondering what else "j" can replace.

The whole sms alot of j,j,j,j,j,j,j :eek:

nhuc dau wa..

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 05:23 PM
now i recieve sms from a gal who uses "j" to replace "d", "gi", "i"... wondering what else "j" can replace.

The whole sms alot of j,j,j,j,j,j,j :eek:

nhuc dau wa..

Because she is from Northern hahaha :D
Northern people pronounce d, gi, r = j no difference.
Their tongue must be very long :D

In the past, when English just coming to Vietnam. Northern sometime said jes instead of yes :D But I dont know how it is today.

KangTuo
09-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Because she is from Northern hahaha :D
Northern people pronounce d, gi, r = j no difference.
Their tongue must be very long :D

wrong.. she from southern.
in fact I don't really like northern gals. Reason being that I can make out what they speak.

bonbonbebe
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
wrong.. she from southern.
in fact I don't really like northern gals. Reason being that I can make out what they speak.

If she is from Southern n use this type of texting, maybe it's new trend haha :D
I dunno about what trend is coming. I'm traditionalism.

Dont like northern gals, it's good to u. :D

tomcat007
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Hahahaa bro tomcat007,

Hai Phong people is good. They got the marine culture, tell frankly and say loudly. That makes Hanoian hate them! Hai Phong people main characteristic is like Southern people. That's y!

Saigonese/Mekong Delta conflict with Hanoian/Northern.
While Hanoian in conflict with Hai Phong people.

Hai Phong people is famous of gangster. Because they seperate love n hate, n they act what they think. If they hate u, u will go to hell soon. They dont mind take out a gun and bang bang :D

I see. Anyway, she's from Quang Ninh (closer to Hai Phong than Hanoi) and she forgot her granny also from Hai Phong. LOL!!!

FireShark
09-02-2010, 06:24 PM
If she is from Southern n use this type of texting, maybe it's new trend haha :D
I dunno about what trend is coming. I'm traditionalism.

Dont like northern gals, it's good to u. :D

True, nowadays a lot of the southern gals use j,j,j,j randomly. I learn my VN through the net thus got sometime do have problems in understanding their short forms. After a few times SMS and asking, I do understand more. In vn I do understand, in one SMS, they used a lot of short form.

Me also find it very hard to understand VN languages. I still learning every day. I will find books, website and others ways to learn more on southern Vn rather than Northern.;)

tomcat007
09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Actually there is absolutely nothing funny. That is the way sentences in TV are structured. Just that you cant get used to it only.

Maybe it's in you to accept things as they are and try to get used to it. Not me though. For things that I'm interested in, I would rather find out the WHY first, then the HOW. :)

BS07
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I saw the kopi selling in S'pore then I realise I forget. :D Anyway, y u like that brand of kopi?? Tasteless n no fragrant compare to Vinacafe. :D I forget where I saw that brand selling, definitely not in JC or GL :D

depends on how big a cup you make with it la, but still way better than any singapore ones. i know where to get in singapore but its insanely expensive loh

zhu star
09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
depends on how big a cup you make with it la, but still way better than any singapore ones. i know where to get in singapore but its insanely expensive loh

Finally making your appearance eh?:D

casannova03
10-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Wah, this thread more and more interesting liao....now what??

We have a Vn gal in this thread in the form of bonbonbebe???;)

Think I better watch what i say from now.....

HAha!:D

naemlo
10-02-2010, 01:35 PM

Now then I realise it is more ex, I didn't take a look at the price. Recently where r your new joint? Getting sick of these "gers" :D

miua55555
10-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Now then I realise it is more ex, I didn't take a look at the price. Recently where r your new joint? Getting sick of these "gers" :D

hehe... is there any vietnam disco in Singapore?? :o

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Wah, this thread more and more interesting liao....now what??

We have a Vn gal in this thread in the form of bonbonbebe???;)

Think I better watch what i say from now.....

HAha!:D

She is a fake...not real...a clone or impostor...but nobody care...sounded too much sin...understand malay and singlish too...:)

RJ2004
10-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Finally making your appearance eh?:D

wad appearance... I see BBB posting I scared la, later she my colleague then die liao...

recently stay home and contemplate life, there's no where fun to go leh

miua55555
10-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Hello bros,

can help me with this translation:
1) Hom nao ranh minh gap nhau nhe oxa
2) cung nho
3) lam viec vui ve

Thanksss... :o

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Hello bros,

can help me with this translation:
2) cung nho
3) lam viec vui ve

Thanksss... :o

Now (?) free, meet together husband

2) cung nho

also miss / also remember

3) lam viec vui ve

happy working

miua55555
10-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Thank you Tomcat007 ... I am impressed !!!

I yesterday went to Kinokuniya ... but can't decide which dictionary best to get to aid me in Viet-Eng translation. Any advice? :o

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 03:05 PM
no need impress. Just that i happen to know some words that you don't and happy to help anyway.

naemlo
10-02-2010, 03:19 PM
She is a fake...not real...a clone or impostor...but nobody care...sounded too much sin...understand malay and singlish too...:)

I concur.... full of shits.... :D

wad appearance... I see BBB posting I scared la, later she my colleague then die liao...

Told u not to share the forum with your colleague....:D

recently stay home and contemplate life, there's no where fun to go leh

Never mind, it is mahjong and blackjack time.... fast fast arrange.

SureScore
10-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Never mind, it is mahjong and blackjack time.... fast fast arrange.

Wah, I like to be invited. Not sure can or not.

naemlo
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Wah, I like to be invited. Not sure can or not.

Waiting for RJ2004 arrangement. He has a lot of kakis into MJ. :D

Honey Boon
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Bonbonbebe did sms to me using a vn tel number. I called her back and she is a true vn gal. I m surprised that a vn gal can write in such a singaporean way....

You guys can access yourself whether to take my words or not. Now it is up to u!

very confusing ??? :confused::confused::eek:

miua55555
10-02-2010, 04:04 PM
no need impress. Just that i happen to know some words that you don't and happy to help anyway.

You are very humble. :) A lot of words I check with Vdict but cannot get even close to the meaning you've provided.

Anyone can help me with this translation:
A lam den may gio thi nghi vay ?

A = anh(guy) ?
lam = work ?

FireShark
10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Waiting for RJ2004 arrangement. He has a lot of kakis into MJ. :D

Wow still got MJ kakis,...... Count me in can :confused::p

A lot of my friend married liao no more MJ kakis. All busy with family.:(

FireShark
10-02-2010, 04:11 PM
You are very humble. :) A lot of words I check with Vdict but cannot get even close to the meaning you've provided.

A = anh(guy) ?
lam = work ?

What time are you going to finish work?

A= Anh (can be guy or gal)
lam= work
May gio= What tme
Nghi = rest

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 04:36 PM

A = anh(guy) ?
lam = work ?

Doh... It just means that I spent more beer/tips money as tuition fee roi....

Think fireshark already provided the translation...

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 04:39 PM

lam= work
May gio= What tme
Nghi = rest

Er... please advise....

All along, I've always been taught that anh is to refer to guy (taught by friends, VBs and even the video series that I was following)

For gals, it's either em gai (younger) or chi (elder).

confused/

miua55555
10-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you fireshark!

Tomcat007, haha... i see! Most of the time, I gotten those that can speak english or chinese. Recent one can only speak n sms viet. I figure it out that I had better pick up the language to make life easier. :D

jackbl
10-02-2010, 04:49 PM

i have told ppl here that she is a true vn gal, but no one choose to believe me. thinking i m in cahoots with her is it? :mad:

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you fireshark!

Tomcat007, haha... i see! Most of the time, I gotten those that can speak english or chinese. Recent one can only speak n sms viet. I figure it out that I had better pick up the language to make life easier. :D

Normally, when you managed to get one that can speak and sms English, the temptation is that you will just keep talking / smsing her in English. It's only when you kenna one that is monolingual then you really feel the need to pick up on TV. Some of those I cheong with feel that it should be the other way round, i.e. the VBs should be learning our language instead of us learning theirs. And in the end, I kenna criticized as being "hao lian", know a bit and want to show off.

For me, I feel it's a 2-way traffic lah. If you can talk their language, sometimes can get closer to them vs other bros.

naemlo
10-02-2010, 05:04 PM
A lot of my friend married liao no more MJ kakis. All busy with family.:(

Wow here also so many MJ siao... :D

jackbl
10-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow they so rich ...

越南首座核电厂 交给俄罗斯承建
====================================

(河内法新电)媒体昨天报道,越南决定把承建首座核电厂的合同,交给俄罗斯一家国营核能公司。
  据日本媒体引述业内人士透露的消息说,这是原则性的决定,其结果还需拭目以待,看来是俄方在扩大战略合 作协议下采取了主动。

《日本产经新闻》的报道指出,承接这项合同工程的是俄罗斯的Rosatom核能公司,越南国营电力公司 曾要求这家公司进行核能计划首阶段可行性研究。

报道说,日本一家政联企业一直希望赢得这项工程的定单。越南工业贸易部证实了这项报道,但俄罗斯大使馆 的官员则表示,官方未作置评。

第一阶段核能发电力为2000兆瓦

知情者说,第一阶段的核能发电力为2000兆瓦。越南总理阮晋勇预料很快批准这项计划。阮晋勇去年12 月访问莫斯科期间,越南国营电力公司和俄罗斯Rosatom签署了备忘录。但他并没有具体说明越南正式邀请 俄罗斯合作,为越南建设首座核电厂。

越南也同莫斯科达成军购协议,将向俄罗斯购买潜艇和战斗机。据一些人士分析,河内的目的是要和中国相抗 衡,以巩固本身对南中国海一些岛屿的主权要求。

Thom07
10-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Generally,
em gai = younger sister
em trai = younger brother
chi = elder sister

i have told ppl here that she is a true vn gal, but no one choose to believe me. thinking i m in cahoots with her is it?

This is not important lah. Where to for tonight? So free now hor.

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Generally,
em gai = younger sister
em trai = younger brother
chi = elder sister

Thanks, that's what I learned too. First time I heard "anh" can refer to gal as well. Oh well....

bonbonbebe
10-02-2010, 06:13 PM

lam= work
May gio= What tme
Nghi = rest

Call a gal "anh" n no doubt she will think u r crazy :eek:

KangTuo
10-02-2010, 06:16 PM
First time I heard "anh" can refer to gal as well. Oh well....

:confused::confused:

Anh can really refer to a gal.
especially when her name end with Anh.. i.e Ngoc Anh, Chieu Anh :)

when I text her, I will key in "Anh oi, ...." hahaha

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
very confusing ??? :confused::confused::eek:

Me too confused why lei..picah lobang...hahaha...creating a virtual gal to translate for us...cam on nhieu lam...:)

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
:

Anh can really refer to a gal.
especially when her name end with Anh.. i.e Ngoc Anh, Chieu Anh :)

when I text her, I will key in "Anh oi, ...." hahaha

Yes, saw a gal ic named ANH at the end of 4 words.

tomcat007
10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Is the gal's name Nguyen Hxxxx Pxxxxx Anh?

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Yes something like that...but her surname is different...:)

KangTuo
10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
i have told ppl here that she is a true vn gal, but no one choose to believe me. thinking i m in cahoots with her is it?

I believe you... when are you gonna let me talk to her :p
Whe are you gonna treat me beer?

She is a fake...not real...a clone or impostor...but nobody care...sounded too much sin...understand malay and singlish too..

very confusing ???

Me too confused why lei..picah lobang...hahaha...creating a virtual gal to translate for us...cam on nhieu lam...

I don't think he is so free to create a virtual gal to translate tv for bros here.
If he is free, he would rather roam GL/JC in search for real vb or treat me to a beer at certain pub :)

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I believe you... when are you gonna let me talk to her :p
Whe are you gonna treat me beer?

So easy find a WL to speak to you prove nothing...:confused:

Yes, a vn gal that works in the court and so free to log in to sbf day and night.. If she is real gal then dangerous...must be intro by samster here to go online..:mad:

naemlo
10-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes, a vn gal that works in the court and so free to log in to sbf day and night.. If she is real gal then dangerous...must be intro by samster here to go online..:mad:

Dun bother whether a he, she or it. This forum a lot of weird, crazy, bullshit, whatever u call it, ppl. Get use to it n move on. :D Nowsadays, if u notice, I fuck, reason, argue a bit then move on with new topic. Old man roi, dun bother with virtual identity n weird weird ppl :D

Hurricane88
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Dun bother whether a he, she or it. This forum a lot of weird, crazy, bullshit, whatever u call it, ppl. Get use to it n move on. :D Nowsadays, if u notice, I fuck, reason, argue a bit then move on with new topic. Old man roi, dun bother with virtual identity n weird weird ppl :D

Agreed with you...move on...I will not post anymore on this topic...me also old man roi...not sure who is older roi...:)

naemlo
10-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Agreed with you...move on...I will not post anymore on this topic...me also old man roi...not sure who is older roi...:)

If u r older than 69, then u older. :D

ballack99
10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
CNY is coming and my con gai is asking for red packet.
How much do you usually give? Don't want to be too big carrot :D
If not convenient to post, can PM?

Thanks in advance

KangTuo
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Old man roi, dun bother with virtual identity n weird weird ppl

me also old man roi...not sure who is older roi...:)

i also old roi.... but not as old as both of you :D:D :p

KangTuo
10-02-2010, 11:08 PM
CNY is coming and my con gai is asking for red packet.
How much do you usually give?

$2 or $4 :)

zhu star
11-02-2010, 08:27 AM

My gut feeling is that she is fake, no viet ger can write in such way.

wad appearance... I see BBB posting I scared la, later she my colleague then die liao...recently stay home and contemplate life, there's no where fun to go leh

Why worry, maybe you can bonk her in the office using your boss table lah!:D

If u r older than 69, then u older. :D

Then I must be living on borrowed time:eek:

RJ2004
11-02-2010, 10:35 AM
My gut feeling is that she is fake, no viet ger can write in such way.

maybe, who knows, but I really do have a new viet colleague that I'm sure no one can tell she's viet unless she says so!

naemlo
11-02-2010, 11:14 AM
maybe, who knows, but I really do have a new viet colleague that I'm sure no one can tell she's viet unless she says so!

Most impt, is she chio SYT? If yes, I will go your office often :D

Hurricane88
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
If u r older than 69, then u older.

Not sure I want to continue to post here if I reach 69...:confused::p

i also old roi.... but not as old as both of you

sure la...you much younger la...how to compare...me retired and you still chiong so actively...:)

SureScore
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM

You meant she also can post daily on SBF? So free don't need to work?

Also can speak and understand Singlish, Malay, Hokkien, Mandarin, etc.??

If really, can introduce or not?

RJ2004
11-02-2010, 03:13 PM
i'm not gonna let anyone from here pollute her haha and she does speak singlish...

KangTuo
11-02-2010, 03:19 PM
and she does speak singlish...

this means she is already been polluted :p

FireShark
11-02-2010, 06:30 PM
You meant she also can post daily on SBF? So free don't need to work?

Also can speak and understand Singlish, Malay, Hokkien, Mandarin, etc.??

If really, can introduce or not?

Maybe one of these days, One of the brother here should meet her to confirm

SureScore
11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Maybe one of these days, One of the brother here should meet her to confirm

This way also proves nothing. Anyway agree with bro naemlo and hurricane88 to move on from this boring topic.

jackbl
11-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Dollar price rises before Tet
======================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The dollar price on the black market unexpectedly increased sharply on February 11, just two days before Tet. This has been blamed on the interbank exchange rate adjustment made by the State Bank of Vietnam that morning.

Ha Trung street in Hanoi, which is considered a free market for foreign currency was so crowded on February 11 that there was a danger the parked motorbikes outside would further spill onto the streets and cause traffic jams.

Most of clients came to purchase dollar.

The dollar price set by gold shops was very high at 19,600 dong per dollar, while it was 19,300-19,350 dong per dollar yesterday. Bigger shops set higher price at 19,700 dong per dollar.

However, strangely thing was that the dollar price at which gold shops purchased from clients remained unchanged at 19,300 dong per dollar.

A client told the gold shop owner that he needed 15,000 dollar and asked for some discount. However, the owner refused to give discount even with such a big sum of money, saying that the dollar supply was short today.

In fact, gold shops were crowded, but only few transactions were made. Only those, who really needed dollar for paying debts or for traveling, purchased dollars today. Meanwhile, people were not buying dollars just to hoard.

In HCM City, according to VnExpress newspaper, the dollar price quoted by gold shops in Ben Thanh Market area, exceeded the 19,600 dong per dollar threshold this early afternoon.

There were very few dollar transactions. Most clients were surprised when they were told the high prices. A gold shop owner in Ben Thanh Market area told a client: “The dollar price has just moved up. You should buy dollars right now, or the price will go up further this afternoon”.

However, gold shop owners themselves dared not purchase dollar from clients at high prices.

Trung, the owner of a gold shop in Binh Thanh District, said that many individuals offered to sell dollars at 19,600-19,700 dong per dollar, reasoning the higher interbank exchange rate. However, since gold shop owners are not sure about the exchange rate tendency, they do not dare to take dollars at high prices

The dollar price offered by commercial banks has increased more sharply than the free market. Vietcombank, the biggest foreign currency trading bank in Vietnam, yesterday quoted the price at 18,469-18,479 dong per dollar. Meanwhile, on the morning of February 11, it quoted prices at 18,495-18,880 dong per dollar (purchase and sale). At 11 am of the same day, the rates were raised to 18,595-19,000 dong per dollar. The dong/dollar exchange rate quoted by the state owned Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam was 18,650-19,050 dong per dollar.

The State Bank of Vietnam this morning raised interbank exchange rates by 3.4 percent. It has also released the decision to set a cap on the interest rate of businesses’ deposits at one percent.

The decision by the central bank was really a surprise to both commercial banks and businesses. Sources said the move was approved by the Government late yesterday afternoon before it was announced at 9 pm.

Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam Nguyen Van Giau said that the bank decided to make the adjustment on a pre-Tet day when it saw favorable market conditions. The dollar supply has become more profuse after big conglomerates sold dollars to banks, while overseas remittance is also satisfactory.

Giau said that the decision on foreign currency trading band and interbank exchange ratse made in late November 2009 has brought good effects, but Vietnam still needs more remedies to control trade deficit and stimulate export.

VietNamNet/VNE

jackbl
12-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Nine girls rescued from being sold to Singaporean brothels
================================================== ========

VietNamNet Bridge – Police of the southern province of Tay Ninh and guards at HCM City’s Tan Son Nhat airport on February 9 rescued nine girls who were about to sold to brothels in Singapore.

Police arrested three people, Tran Thi Kim Ngan, 19 from Tay Ninh, Ly Thanh Mong, 25 from Vinh Long province and Do Van Thanh Nhut, 21 from HCM City when they were carrying out formalities for nine girls to leave Vietnam to Singapore at the Tan Son Nhat airport.

Two others were arrested after that, Vo Thi Hiep, 46 from An Giang province and Tran Thi Kim Ngoc, 19 from Tay Ninh province.

According to investigators, these people went to provinces in the Mekong River Delta to choose pretty rural girls at the age of 20-30 to sell to brothels in Singapore.

Ngan and Nhut directly met girls to persuade them to go to Singapore to work for an “extremely high salary”. However, they were sold to brothels.

Police are expanding investigations and cooperating with Singaporean agencies to detect and rescue other Vietnamese girls sold to Singapore by this ring.

PV

jackbl
12-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Where to visit this Tet
==================================
VietNamNet recommends places to go for the lunar New Year Festival (Tet).

Da Nang: The Spring Flower Festival will open at the 29-3 Park from February 12-20. The festival will introduce 1000 special items like artworks made of stones, orchids, rock-gardens, ornamental trees and fish.

The festival will also have exhibitions of Dong Ho folk paintings, landscape paintings, Cham potteries, calligraphic works, parallel sentences and games, besides singing competitions and shows.

The festival will have spaces for Kinh, Cham and Cotu culture, where they will introduce the life and the culture of these ethnic groups.

Hoi An town (Quang Nam province): On New Year’s Eve, fireworks will be let off at three sites, the Song Hoai square, the Cua Dai bridge and the Cu Lao Cham bridge.

The lantern festival and the New Year Eve festival will open on February 13 evening. From February11-19, many traditional cultural activities will be held in the ancient town to celebrate the New Year.

Hue city: Many folk festivals will be held in the city’s centre and neighboring areas. The My Loi rural market will open in the morning February 14 in Vinh My commune, Phu Loc district, around 40km from Hue city, introducing local specialties.

From February 14, another rural market will open on the Thanh Toan bridge in Thuy Thanh commune, Huong Thuy district, around 5km from Hue city, where folk songs of Hue people will be performed.

The swinging festival will also open on February 14 in Phuoc Yen village on the bank of the Bo River in Quang Tho commune, Quang Dien district, around 7km from Hue city. Another swing festival will be organized in The Chi Tay in Dien Hoa commune Phong Dien district and Sia town in Quang Dien district the next day. This is a special event where pairs of youth and elderly people join swinging competitions.

A traditional festival of fishermen will take place on February 19 in the Lang Co Bay, with boat racing and folk games. A wrestling festival will be held in Thu Le village, Sia town on the same day.

HCM City: a special circus show will be introduced at the HCM City Circus for the first time from February 14-18 (two shows at 9am and 8pm). The show groups up the best animal tamers in Vietnam with circus acts performed by 11 species and animals like bear, monkey, dog, wolf, goat, cat, bird, snake and crocodile.

The Youth Cultural House and the Street of Ong Do (Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and Pham Ngoc Thach) will have various activities from now to February 19: cai luong shows, human chess, fashion and music shows, sepak takraw competition and martial arts festivals.

The Suoi Tien Park has inaugurated new entertainment centres, including an adventure game called “space shuttle”.

PV

KangTuo
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Nine girls rescued from being sold to Singaporean brothels

sillypore have brothels that house viet babes meh? :confused:

jackbl
12-02-2010, 09:23 AM
sillypore have brothels that house viet babes meh? :confused:

Maybe it is lor 18 coffee shop. Lor 10 also go OKT introducing VBs..

jackbl
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Restaurants and bars doing well from year-end parties
================================================== =====

VietNamNet Bridge - If your business follows the trend of booking bars or restaurants for an end of year bash – then be prepared to pay a lot.

Restaurant clients have to pay … room fee

Hung, an office worker for an export-import company, has been busy all this week trying to find a bar to hold a New Year’s Eve party for his company. “I have only just been told to find a place for the party. I’ve been searching for 2 days but all restaurants have been booked up”, Hung complained.

It is now the fashion to hold New Year’s Eve party at restaurants or pubs. However, it is not easy to find a good place while the demand is very high in pre-Tet days. Thuc from Thuan Phat Company said that it’s better to book seats at least one month in advance.

The pubs or restaurants which have large capacity, good lightening and stereo systems for are the first choices for clients. Van Tue, Phu Dong, Lang Ngoi and Nha Hang Sen have been reportedly booked up with most of the orders from office workers.

Van Tue restaurant at 136 Ho Tung Mau Street, for example, which has a capacity of 2,000 seats, now has only a few room left. Mrs. Mui, Van Tue’s manager, said that most of the seats in the restaurant had been booked since February. Tinh, Phu Dong restaurant’s manager, also claimed clients will have no chance to book good seats with beautiful view if they contact restaurants after the 15th of Lunary Year (January 28, 2010).

According to restaurant owners, days from December 25th (February 8) to December 29th (February 12) of lunar calendar are the time when restaurants are most crowded. Many restaurants even have to charge clients for rooms. Ms. Hoa, a worker of Tre Viet restaurant on Hoang Cau Street, said that if customers stay for over two and half an hours, they will be charged for occupying the next customers’ seats.

Exorbitant price

It’s clear that year-end is always a golden time for restaurants.

Ms. Huyen, an office worker of Hanoi Telecom Company, who booked seats at Seoul restaurant on 33 Tran Hung Dao Street commented that it’s very difficult to find a place that not only serves good food but also suits everyone’s pockets. Learning from last year’s experience, she had checked prices at many restaurants before making a decision. And she had to do this one month earlier to make sure to have the most suitable price.

Restaurants like Van Tue, Phu Dong, Lang Ngoi, Sen or Quan Ngon charge 120,000 dong to 350,000 dong per customer, 700,000 dong to 1.5 million dong for a party table for six.

These prices don’t include drinks. The costs for drinks are different in each restaurant, but they are all higher than normal prices.

For instance, a can of soft drink which costs only 7,000 to 10,000 dong on the market can be charged at 15,000-30,000 dong by restaurant owners. A bottle of Hanoi beer is charged 20,000 dong instead of 12,000 dong, a bottle of Heniken beer 30,000 dong while the market price is 20,000 dong, while customers have to pay 80,000 dong for a small-sized bottle of Hanoi Vodka instead of 50,000 dong.

Many customers buy drinks from markets and then bringing them into restaurants. However, restaurants still charge a fee on drinks brought from outside.

At Van Tue restaurant, the fee depends on the strength. If the wine has a high concentration, it is charged 15% of the basic price or even 30% at some other places. The fee for beer is 7,000 dong a bottle, dinner wine and wine which has low concentration of alcohol are charged 70,000 to 100,000 dong a bottle.

Ngoc, ex-manager of Pho Bien restaurant, said that these “fees” are service fees, including opening bottles, pouring wine, borrowing glasses.

Thi Mai

jackbl
12-02-2010, 09:30 AM
How the rich spend their money at Tet
================================================== =======

VietNamNet Bridge – Paying over US$500,000 for an ancient ornamental tree, $3,000 for a special mobile phone number or several thousand dollars for a wine bottle are the way some rich people are splashing out to celebrate the lunar New Year festival or Tet.

Phan Van Toan, a rich man in Viet Tri city, the midland province of Phu Tho, has bought an ancient sanh tree of 200 years old at the cost of 10.5 billion dong (nearly $530,000) to display this Tet.

“I bought this tree in Hai Duong but it is sourced in Hue city. It belonged to a mandarin of the Nguyen Dynasty. It is over 200 years old,” Toan boasted.

Toan said he bought this tree because he likes it very much and it meets standards of a top ancient ornamental tree.

“Its shape features a magic crossbow. Its named is Phong Van Thap Toan (meaning good luck). After I bought it, someone wanted to buy it from me at 20 billion dong (over $1 million) but I refused,” Toan said.

Toan is the boss of a company exploiting gravel and sand from the Lo river. Ornamental trees is his greatest hobby.

Meanwhile, Nguyen Trung Nguyen, director of a private company based in Ba Dinh district, Hanoi recently purchased a special mobile phone number that starts 0123456 at the price of 50 million dong.

Nguyen said that this number is easy to remember and it means good business and prosperity. Many people have called him, asking to buy this number.

Trong Hoang, deputy director of a software firm in Hanoi, bought a fur coat as Tet gift for his wife. He bought it from a fashion shop on Hue street, which costed him nearly 50 million ($3,000).

VietNamNet/24h

jackbl
12-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Tet bonuses for athletes: Some strike it rich and others lose out
VietNamNet Bridge – While some athletes achieved good records in 2009 and received big bonus from the state and local governments, most returned home for Tet holidays empty handed.

Football players are said to have the highest Tet bonuses. Dao Thi Mien, Doan Thi Kim Chi and Kieu Trinh, outstanding faces of the women’s national football squad have around 500 million dong each for their contribution to the team’s gold medal at the Southeast Asian Games 2009.

The top striker of the men’s national team, Cong Vinh, said that his Tet bonus is equivalent to a month’s salary at around 40 million dong.

One of the “richest” athlete this Tet is senior billiard-snooker player Dang Dinh Tien. With four championships last year (national, Asian, Asian Indoor Games and SEA Game), Tien said he took 210 million dong in bonuses. His monthly salary also doubles to 10 million dong.

This year the northern coastal city of Hai Phong is praised for having the best payment policy for its athletes. With one gold and one silver medal at the SEA Games 2009, swimmer Huu Viet had 50 million dong of bonus from Hai Phong.

Track-and-field players Nguyen Dinh Cuong and Truong Thanh Hang also received 50 million dong of bonus each from Ninh Binh province for their two gold medals at the SEA Games.

No money, no Tet

In the abnormal hot weather in the days before Tet festival, many athletes, including female boxers still practiced at the Quan Ngua Sports Palace. When the people flocked to streets to go shopping for Tet, they still devoted themselves to training and they had no time for Tet and preparations for parties.

Athletes who don’t have any medal last year like boxer Le Thi Ngan Hang didn’t earn any bonuses although she suffered from injuries in everyday training. Hang only earns 45,000 dong per day, except for Sunday, from the Hanoi’s women boxing team.

In Yen Noi village, Hoai Duc District, Hanoi, Mr. Nguyen Van Pham, father of female wrestler Nguyen Thi Lua was busy with farm work and waiting for his daughter.

Lua also went to Laos for the SEA Games 2009, the second time to SEA Games. However, her rivals withdrew from the tournament because she was so strong. This Tet Lua has no Tet bonus. She is now in China for training with her team and perhaps she will not go home for Tet.

“It is okay to have no Tet bonus but my daughter has been far from home the entire year. There are several days off for Tet but until now I don’t know whether she can go home or not. Without her, my family will have no Tet,” said Mr. Pham

Other wrestlers like Hoang Thi Thuong, Nguyen Xuan Pha, Nguyen Van Thang and Le Duy Hoi also participated in SEA Games 2009 but they didn’t have rivals in their weight categories so they had to return home, wasting one year of training. Without any medal, they don’t have Tet bonus.

“We are very sad but we can do nothing with it. Of ten athletes, only one or two have good records. The remaining don’t have bonuses and Tet bonus, too. We were away from home for the whole year and we wish to return home with some Tet gift for our family but we don’t have money so we don’t want to go home,” said an athlete.

PV

asiancigar
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Wishing ALL a Fabulous & Prosperous New Year of the Tiger......

Cheerz
AC

jackbl
12-02-2010, 09:55 AM
HCM City hospitals gear up for Lunar Tet
================================================== ==

VietNamNet Bridge – The HCM City Department of Health has asked all hospitals in the city to arrange medical crews to attend popular Tet events to provide first aid and emergency treatment.

Tran Thanh My, head of the HCM City Trauma-Orthopedics Hospital, said he expected a lot of injuries and traffic accidents during the Lunar New Year holiday.

To cope with the increased demand, the hospital would add 22 more doctors to its normal staff of 22 doctors, he said, adding the hospital’s Hematology Ward would prepare 15 units of each blood grouping for emergency aid.

My said that the hospital would ask for support from Blood Transfusion and Hematology Hospital if they ran out of blood.

Dr Trinh Huu Tung, head of the HCM City Pediatric Hospital No2’s General Planning Office, said he had put all ward doctors and nurses on alert over the period.

He said he was arranging two extra doctors and six nurses for the emergency ward.

The most common medical problems over the holiday were food poisoning, acute diarrhea, children choking on dried melon seeds and fishbones, burns by boiled water and falls, he said.

Dr Do Cong Tam, head of Trung Vuong Emergency Hospital’s General Planning Office, said his hospital would provide ambulances, doctors and nurses to public entertainment places 24 hours a day.

And Phan Van Nghiem, head of the city Health Department’s Medical Affairs, said he would ensure the 115 emergency phone number would be operating efficiently.

Children’s hospitals

Pediatric hospitals in HCM City have reported a sharp increase in the number of diarrhea cases since last month.

Pham Thi Ngoc Tuyet, head of Pediatric Hospital No1’s Digestive Ward, said more than a hundred cases for diarrhea were being recorded everyday since January.

Digestive problems among children, especially persistent diarrhea, often increases in days nearing Tet.

At the hospital, digestive ailments including acute diarrhea increased by 3 per cent in January over the previous month.

Le Thi Bich Lien, deputy head of the hospital, said that the number of children with digestive disorders had kept increasing in February.

He advised parents to take care to ensure children take boiled water and ate well cooked food, and also maintain hygienic conditions at home as preventive measures against digestive disorders.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

KangTuo
12-02-2010, 10:11 AM

then these are not brothels liao...
Report wrongly by the vn press

Hurricane88
12-02-2010, 11:27 AM

Somethings are not predictable...we won't know what they report or claim...haiz sianz...:)

dingding75
12-02-2010, 12:16 PM

Hmm... Interesting VN gals been sold to SG that was really something new to me. If got time must find one VN gals there and chat chat but so far most of them only stayed the most 2 months in SG if got this kind of activities those VN gals should be over stay in SG like those PRC gals. Maybe was been cheated instead of sold to SG.

VietnamLover
12-02-2010, 04:55 PM

Isn't her full name Nguyen Hoang Phuong Anh? Haha!

tomcat007
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Heh heh.... Yup, just didn't want type full name mah.

Was my ever first VB when I started cheonging V pubs.

VietnamLover
12-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Didn't visit this Tieng Viet Lovers Club since mid-Nov 2009 and just managed to finish it after reading for past 3 days. Some posts are very funny and hilarious. Thanks for everyone's contribution here. Will find time to help translation in this thread.

miua55555
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Normally, when you managed to get one that can speak and sms English, the temptation is that you will just keep talking / smsing her in English. It's only when you kenna one that is monolingual then you really feel the need to pick up on TV. Some of those I cheong with feel that it should be the other way round, i.e. the VBs should be learning our language instead of us learning theirs. And in the end, I kenna criticized as being "hao lian", know a bit and want to show off.

For me, I feel it's a 2-way traffic lah. If you can talk their language, sometimes can get closer to them vs other bros.

Yes bro. I can share your plight too. My friends are thinking exactly like your friends as well.

Tonight no chiong viet pub? :o

noname12sg
13-02-2010, 12:37 AM
hi, i need help translating

em nghi may bua nai roi em o nha

Hurricane88
13-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Chuc Mung Nam Moi

Cung hỉ phát tài

Van su nhu y

Happy Chinese New Year 2010

Huat Ah...

casannova03
13-02-2010, 11:18 AM

Haha who cares??:D

Dun you know that only thing that you can safely verify that its 100% true in the newspaper is the DATE???:D

AdGuy
13-02-2010, 11:32 AM
hi, i need help translating

em nghi may bua nai roi em o nha

It should be (I guess): I think these few days already I'm at home.

jackbl
13-02-2010, 01:01 PM
It should be (I guess): I think these few days already I'm at home.

My guess is "em nghi may bua nay roi em o nha"=I rest these few days already....

jackbl
13-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Cung chúc tân xuân

Phát tài phát phúc

Luôn luôn thành công

Dồi dào sức khỏe

Chúc Ngày tình nhân vui ve

tomcat007
13-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Chúc mọi người Đón Xuân ấm áp, vui tết sum vầy hạnh phúc!!

JaViEr84
13-02-2010, 05:24 PM
how to say " Happy Chinese New YeaR " or HappY Tiger Year " ?

SureScore
13-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Chúc mọi người Đón Xuân ấm áp, vui tết sum vầy hạnh phúc!!

Happy Tiger year 2010 to all.

miua55555
13-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Happy Chinese New Year to all !!!

Can anyone help me translate:
1) may dt em lam mat roi

Thank you!!! Huat ah !!!!!!!!

KangTuo
13-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Happy Chinese New Year to all !
Can anyone help me translate:
1) may dt em lam mat roi

Thank you!!! Huat a !!!!!!!

She is telling you she lost her handphone

AdGuy
13-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Chúc mừng năm mới to all!

AdGuy
13-02-2010, 11:34 PM
My guess is "em nghi may bua nay roi em o nha"=I rest these few days already....

Oh yes... that could be right. Silly me :o

miua55555
14-02-2010, 12:18 AM

Thank you bro!

Cung hỉ phát tài to all ~~ :)

raibo
14-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Happy new year to all.

i just received a sms "A den vietnam gap e can??"

Is she asking me to go visit her at country??

thanks in advance..

tomcat007
14-02-2010, 11:31 AM
"A den vietnam gap e can??"

You come Viet Nam meet me, can??

So, yes... She's asking you go Viet Nam see her.

恭喜发财!!!

miua55555
14-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi bro(s),

Can help me with this:
1) bx cam on ox gi da quan tam toi em mung lam
2) ban em nhan tin cho anh
3) ban em noi gi voi ox vay

I only know cam on = thank you. :o

deptrai4u
14-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi bro(s),

Can help me with this:
1) bx cam on ox gi da quan tam toi em mung lam
2) ban em nhan tin cho anh
3) ban em noi gi voi ox vay

I only know cam on = thank you. :o

1) wife thanks husband for being showing concern for me and I am so happy.
2) my friend SMS to you
3) What [the fuck] did my friend tell you?

deptrai4u
14-02-2010, 10:04 PM
You come Viet Nam meet me, can??

So, yes... She's asking you go Viet Nam see her.

恭喜发财!!!

it also means pls bring more cash and get ready to hear a load of cry mother cry father stories while you are there.

jackbl
15-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Economy rebounds, but major challenges loom

VietNamNet Bridge - Despite the global crisis, last year can be seen as a successful year for Vietnam, with its GDP growing by 5.32 percent, the highest rate in Southeast Asia. However, there remain many big challenges the country faces in 2010.

Besides the impressive GDP growth, last year saw the country’s overall CPI kept at 6.8 percent, the lowest rate since 2004, and unemployment rate stand at 3 percent, the lowest in the world.

Owning to strengthened control over budget spending, the deficit was restrained at 6.9 percent of GDP, slightly lower than the 7-percent target and far lower than the projections by international financial analysts.

As a result of the Government’s effective social welfare policies, the number of poor households fell to 12 percent from 14 percent in 2008.

The banking system was relatively stable, with an ROE of 13-14 percent. Average bad debt rate at banks was less than 2 percent.

Last year also saw many financial companies and financial leasing companies improve themselves in term of profitability and bad debt ratios. The insurance market and stock exchange have rebounded in terms of capital, liquidity and profit.

The above performances, resulting from the Government’s opportune policies on economic stimulus and macroeconomic stabilization, and great efforts by businesses, investors and consumers, have created favorable conditions for better economic achievements in 2010.

The revival in consumer demand the world over is also a good sign for Vietnam’s exporters.

This year, free trade agreements (FTA) between Vietnam and China, Japan, and possibly Russia, will be implemented, benefiting Vietnamese importers, exporters and producers, contributing to boost growth and generating jobs.

Trade deficit, exchange rate

It is a big challenge for the country to achieve a GDP growth of 6 percent this year. In 2009, the country’s GDP grew by 5.32 percent, of which 1.2 percent contributed by a 30 percent reduction of trade deficit (from US$17 billion in 2008 to $12.2 billion in 2009). But in 2010, the situation has been reversed: trade deficit is forecast to rise by 20 percent and will make the growth rate reduce by 1 percent.

In other words, if the country wants to reach a GDP growth of 6.5 percent this year, it must see total consumer spending and domestic investment increase by 7.5 percent. To overcome this big challenge, it is necessary to apply flexible policies to boost public investment, credit and consumer spending.

Another problem is how to improve the foreign exchange market’s liquidity and to stabilize exchange rates.

Last year, the weak liquidity of the foreign exchange market mainly arose from the fact that the Government’s interest subsidy was offered only to loans in dong, which narrowed the gap between the interest rates on dong and foreign currencies, leading to difficulties in mobilizing and lending foreign currencies.

When the Government increased the official VND-USD exchange rate by 5.5 percent, boosted the prime rate by 1 percent and stopped offering interest subsidy for short-term loans, the liquidity of the foreign exchange was improved.

However, the difference between the State’s official exchange rates and those on the open market remained relatively high.

Therefore, if the exchange rates are not regulated flexibly based on market developments and if the negotiable interest rate mechanism is not applied again to replace the ceiling interest rates on loans and deposits, the instability of the foreign exchange market is likely to remain a big problem in 2010.

Particularly, the US Federal Reverse is likely to increase its base interest rate in April. If this is the case, the value of US dollar will strengthen against other foreign currencies and liquidity in Vietnam will be weakened, affecting not only the financial market but also the efficiency of the national economy as a whole.

VietNamNet/SGGP

lovesprout
15-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Need some help in translation:

Me: du chi em dep nhung anh nghi chi em co nguoi yeu roi.
(Although your sister is pretty but I think she has lover already)

Her: dep gai lai rat gioi ve tat ca moi mat
Her: con gai dep nhu hoa da co chu, nguoi hien dai la danh chu danh hoa

What did she try to tell me?? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

SING_IN_HCMC
15-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Haha, same line, same script, all the Vn gals.....not creative at all:D

SureScore
15-02-2010, 09:47 AM

What to do when she was a WL and so many clients she had. All trying to be carrot.

zhu star
15-02-2010, 10:49 AM

I think there is a standard phrase book of excuses circulating among these gers. :D

tomcat007
15-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Just like Jack has a post of the most commonly used TV with translation??

ballack99
15-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi bros, my girl has 3 Viet numbers that she uses to sms and call me.
Is this common with your con gai? Probably my target has to service 3 bros? :D

AdGuy
15-02-2010, 08:23 PM

It's not uncommon.

My bx also calls me using various numbers and I'm quite sure she doesn't have to service anyone else.

I think it's got to do with them use prepaid, as opposed to a postpaid line.

bonbonbebe
16-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Need some help in translation:

Me: du chi em dep nhung anh nghi chi em co nguoi yeu roi.
(Although your sister is pretty but I think she has lover already)

Her: dep gai lai rat gioi ve tat ca moi mat
Her: con gai dep nhu hoa da co chu, nguoi hien dai la danh chu danh hoa

What did she try to tell me?? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

1. She not only is beautiful, but also get talent in every other fields.
2. Beautiful gal is like the flower already being owned, the modern man must defeat the flower's owner to take it away.

I must admit that the gal u talked to really made me headache with her implying. I needed to ask my sister for help n we have a little discussion to guess her meaning. At last we could understand her right meaning, by seeing out the dictation mistake, danh chu gianh hoa.

lovesprout
16-02-2010, 08:29 AM
1. She not only is beautiful, but also get talent in every other fields.
2. Beautiful gal is like the flower already being owned, the modern man must defeat the flower's owner to take it away.

I must admit that the gal u talked to really made me headache with her implying. I needed to ask my sister for help n we have a little discussion to guess her meaning. At last we could understand her right meaning, by seeing out the dictation mistake, danh chu gianh hoa.

Wow.. nam moi am lich cac em kg can ngu ha? 2:40am con len mang. hihi

If this reply gives you headache, then you can image how much more headache it gave me. I have to admit that I won't be able to make a sentence like this, even with my mother language. Thank you a lot.

bonbonbebe
16-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Wow.. nam moi am lich cac em kg can ngu ha? 2:40am con len mang. hihi

If this reply gives you headache, then you can image how much more headache it gave me. I have to admit that I won't be able to make a sentence like this, even with my mother language. Thank you a lot.

Nam moi em mac danh bai thau dem suot sang :D
(I must play cards throughout the night and over the day in Lunar New Year :D)

jackbl
16-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Nam moi em mac danh bai thau dem suot sang :D
(I must play cards throughout the night and over the day in Lunar New Year :D)

Hi, hope u are lucky and win a lot. Can u intro us the cards the vietnamese play?

tomcat007
16-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Last time I got this HCM gal... Always bring me to her friend's house (her friend got a GF here) and there they always play the 四色牌.

jackbl
16-02-2010, 01:51 PM
New Year Greetings from the President
===============================================

On the Lunar New Year Festival (Tet), President Nguyen Minh Triet extends his New Year greetings to people throughout the country.

People, comrades and soldiers across the country,

In 2009, despite facing the global economic downturn, natural disasters and epidemics, Vietnam continued to record tremendous achievements in politics, economics, culture, social affairs and national defense thanks to great efforts by the whole Party, people and soldiers. The country’s status was raised in the international arena, affirming the inner strength of the great national unity bloc and the Party and State’s sound policies and guidelines.

New Year’s Eve begins a New Year of the Tiger. I would like to extend my best wishes to all the people throughout the country as well as overseas Vietnamese. I would like to send my wish for peace, friendship, cooperation and development to people from different countries in the world. The Vietnamese State and people extend sincere thanks to countries and international organisations for their friendship and practical cooperation and we will do our best to promote prosperity and commit to the development of all nations.

2010 is the last year of Vietnam’s five-year plan (2006-2010) and to organize the Party congresses at all levels in the lead-up to the 11th National Party Congress. This year, we will celebrate many significant events: The 80th anniversary of the establishment of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV), the 65th anniversary of national independence, the 1000th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi, the 65th anniversary of the August Revolution, the 120th birthday of President Ho Chi Minh and the 35th anniversary of the total liberation of southern Vietnam. We need to mobilize all resources and make the best of our labour and learning capacity and creativity to fulfill all the targets adopted at the 10th National Party Congress and the 12th National Assembly.

With great solidarity and concerted efforts, we will be certainly successful.

Nguyen Minh Triet

SureScore
16-02-2010, 06:16 PM

I have a different opinion. It's not normal and in fact very suspicious. Vn is now making sure all numbers are registered.

ballack99
16-02-2010, 09:29 PM
I have a different opinion. It's not normal and in fact very suspicious. Vn is now making sure all numbers are registered.

Interesting to know that all numbers are registered. I even receive SMS from my con gai with 3 different numbers :eek: Viet KC trap very fun :D

SING_IN_HCMC
16-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Not surprising at all.

There are big and small about 7 service providers, each allowing max of 3 SIM registration. So technically anyone cam register at least 3 x 7 SIMs.

Why so many SIMs? Some bros here already explained. Buying a SIM with airtime is cheaper than topping up an existing SIM.

jackbl
16-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Firms fear workers won’t come back
==================================================

VietNamNet Bridge - Many companies in HCM City, fearing their workers will not return after Tet, have taken to pampering them with bonus offers, buses to take them to their hometowns and back for the holiday, and other freebies.

District labour offices have said enterprises, especially in the footwear, garment and textile, processing and services industries, are likely to face labour shortages after the Lunar New Year.

It has become common in recent years for workers to collect their year-end bonuses and switch jobs after the holiday since wages and other incentives are rarely enough for them to remain loyal.

Nguyen Tan Loc, head of the An Suong Bus Station near Tan Binh Industrial Park, said many workers have booked one-way tickets to their hometowns this year, unlike in the past.

Our attrition rate after the New Year was 5 per cent last year, said Nguyen Huu Tuan, head of personnel at the Thanh Cong Textile Garment Company.

This year the company has made efforts to minimise this problem. On the first day of the new year, February 19, the company will pay a bonus of VND200,000 to any worker who returns to work, followed by a bonus of half a month’s salary at the beginning of April, Tuan said.

Gifts were also given to 40 workers who did not plan to return to their hometown for Tet, he said.

In addition to retaining its current workforce, the company also intends to hire a further 700 new workers to keep up with after-holiday orders.

Phu Nhuan Gold, Silver and Gemstones Company plans to present gifts to poor workers and those who will stay in the city instead of visiting their hometowns.

To maintain a consistent workforce, some companies have developed policies to take care of their workers’ welfare on a more regular basis.

Ngoc Phuoc Sewing and Printing Joint Stock Company has built housing and provides one free meal a day for all its workers, and three for those with disabilities.

It has also scheduled a number of entertainment activities for workers during Tet and other festivals, in addition to a bonus.

The company chairman, Vo An Phuoc, claimed workers are treated like relatives and well taken care of. This care helped the company retain its workers even when it faced severe difficulties and could not pay their wages for a while, he said.

Le Xuan Thanh, deputy head of the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs’ Labour and Salary Department, said offering incentives is the best way to resolve the looming labour shortage after Tet.

Recruitment

Enterprises and the Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs in southern Dong Nai Province are looking into recruitment methods because they expect to lose between 200-400 of their workers after the Tet Holiday.

Deputy director of the province’s Department of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs Lam Duy Tin said that most of the workers who handed in their resignations were highly skilled, which poses difficulties for them to stabilise production after the holiday.

Tin said that his department has encouraged vocational training centres to make public announcements about the upcoming recruitment’s as well as develop preferential treatment policies for people in the locality, especially in rural areas.

He added that a job transaction floor will be re-opened at the beginning of March to support the enterprises in their recruitment efforts.

According to statistics provided by enterprises, more than 50,000 jobs are expected to be available after Tet.

Tin also said that the enterprises themselves should be active in searching for the labourers they need.

Dang Vu Anh, director of the Mabuchi Motor Company, said that 200 skilled labourers quit their jobs at his firm, which would force changes to the company’s production line.

"Finding new labour is not easy at this time, not to mention the time it will take to train the new workers," he said.

A representative of the Taekwang Vina Company said that the company asked for support from the province to find new labourers and also plans to use incentives to attract new workers, such as giving current workers a VND500,000 ($26) finders fee for introducing a new worker to the company.

Pham Van Cong, an officer at the department’s Labour Policy Unit, said that one of the reasons labourers have quit is because industrial zones can be found in most areas at this time, and people want to work near their home rather than working far away for a small salary.

Cong said that enterprises needed to offer more support mechanisms for their workers, such as accommodation, travel and other allowances to encourage them to say on, thus stabilising company production.

VietNamNet/VNS

haha_123
16-02-2010, 10:06 PM
My bx have alot of sim cards too. So when I touched down in HCMC, I don't even have to buy 1. Only problem is that she don't like me to pass the number to other people, especially girls. Once during our date, a MP girl called, I panicked and quickly rejected the call. My bx noticed this, so she snatched the phone from me. She called back the number, and told the girl not to call me again because I already have a bx!! Ouch!!:p:D

haha_123
16-02-2010, 10:14 PM

I guess when the pre-paid card runs out of money, she will switch to another card, right? Don't tell me she got 3 mobile phones!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway if she is servicing 3 bros, most likely she will use 3 different numbers for the 3 bros. Correct? So don't worry about it. Just check with her the next time you meet.:)

miua55555
16-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Hello Bros,

anyone can enlighten me with this:
De lam gi bx hoi that ox phai cha loi that

Thanks.

jackbl
16-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Vietnamese surgeon earns kudos abroad
===========================================
VietNamNet Bridge – In the last days of last year, two Vietnamese surgeons including Dr. Tran Ngoc Luong, deputy head of the National Hospital of Endocrinology and his colleague, were invited to Malaysia, but not to attend a conference or a training course.

They were invited to perform endoscopic surgeries for women suffering from thyroid gland enlargement.

This is evidence that the skills of Vietnamese doctors are being acknowledged outside the nation’s borders, a distinctly new development, as the usual tendency has been for them to travel abroad for receiving training in advanced techniques or learn of new advances in their field of study.

Malaysian surgeons and experts arrived in Vietnam four months ago to study the endoscopic surgical method for thyroid gland enlargement patients utilized by Dr. Tran Ngoc Luong, deputy head of the National Hospital of Endocrinology.

Highly impressed by the surgical skills of their Vietnamese counterparts, they decided to invite Dr. Luong to perform the technique in Malaysia. Dr. Luong accepted the invitation as an opportunity to put Vietnam’s medical skills on the international map.

At first, he was a bit anxious, as he was asked to perform surgeries on six successive days in Malaysia. However, they went without a hitch and his Malaysian counterparts were surprised at the simple technique that he used with some adjustments. A leading Malaysian leading expert in endoscopic surgery had high praise for Dr. Luong’s skills.

For years, Malaysian experts had learned the technique for treating thyroid gland enlargement from partners in Japan and Thailand, but they did not have much success. Through some international medical seminars, they discovered Dr. Luong’s technique.

The Malaysian expert admitted to initial skepticism about the Vietnamese doctor’s skills, because the country is not known to have a well developed medical sector. After witnessing Dr. Luong’s performance, he was not only convinced, but full of admiration because the Vietnamese surgeon was able to do it in an operation theatre without the latest technology.

Motivation

Dr. Luong says he was saddened by the sight of young women having to bear long, ugly scars on their necks after the operation, said this made him determined to find some way to avoid it.

In 2003, he started to research medical documents and found out the strengths of various endoscopic surgery techniques. He then invented a unique technique that is now named after him.

To achieve the perfection that he has today, he says he spent six years with many sleepless nights to find out a way to get to the thyroid gland. At first, he tried to put tools through the cervical tube to the thyroid gland, but this still left patients with small scars on their necks.

He completed 100 operations at the gland through breasts but was not still satisfied because after the operation although successful young woman had been left with some nasty looking keloid scars on breasts on the back of her neck.

Later, Dr. Luong decided to operate through their armpits. The method proved ideal as it was easier to control post surgical complications and left no scars. Gradually, over 1,500 surgeries, he honed the technique.

Dr. Luong continues still conducts surgeries at his hospital in a small operation room without the most modern facilities, changing the lives of young women. His international exposure and fame, though, is not only a singular individual achievement, it is also one that gives Vietnamese healthcare a higher profile.

VietNamNet/SGGP

jackbl
16-02-2010, 10:31 PM
IT giants gain firm foothold in foreign markets
================================================== =

VietNamNet Bridge – It seemed that FPT’s plan to expand its business in the US was scuttled when Vietnam’s leading IT firm entered the market in mid 2008 — a time when the world’s largest economy fell into a deep crisis. However, the firm held on to its foothold in the market.

Shortly after entering the US market, the company’s revenue quickly increased and reached 5.5 million USD in 2009. From being a largely unknown player, FPT has become familiar to US partners, such as Free Scale and Omgeo, who have set up business ties with the company.

Apart from the US, FPT also expanded its market to Japan and Singapore where the company reaped gains as well.

According to Deputy General Director of FPT Software Nguyen Lam Phuong, the Japanese market brought in 56 percent of the company’s total revenue, while Singapore brought 21 percent.

The army-run telecom group Viettel kicked off its market expansion plan by cornering the markets in Cambodia and Laos.

In September 2009, Viettel officially launched Metfone service in Cambodia becoming the largest telecom provider in the country with 60 percent of the ADSL service provision market and 50 percent of fixed telephone market. With 2 million mobile phone subscribers, Viettel ranks second among nine mobile phone service suppliers in Cambodia.

The group developed the Unitel network in Laos which offers third generation (3G) service and high-speed wireless Internet for mobile phones and computers. At present, Unitel owns the largest number of base transceiver stations (BTS) - more than 900 - in Laos , accounting 35 percent of the country’s total BTS.

Apart from Laos and Cambodia, Viettel plans to open a representative office in Myanmar.

To date, Viettel and FPT are Vietnam’s first two telecom enterprises investing in foreign countries.

In 2010, FPT targets a growth rate of 20 percent in software processing in foreign markets overall, and seeks to make that figure 100 percent in the US market alone, compared to last year. The company also plans to open a second branch in Europe.

Meanwhile, Viettel expects that Metfone will be a network providing the best cable services in terms of cable network coverage, quality, price and customer care.

Additionally, the group wishes to enter the US and Bangladesh markets to expand its operation.

VietNamNet/VNA

jackbl
16-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Phone subscriptions up 140% on last January
VietNamNet Bridge – The number of telephone subscribers nationwide rose by 4.9 million in January, an increase of 145.3 per cent over the same period last year, according to the General Statistics Office.

Mobile subscribers accounted for 4.3 million of the total, a surge of 168.6 per cent over the same period last year.

The January increases brought the total number of fixed-line and mobile subscriptions to 135.3 million, including 115.7 million mobile subcribers, an astonishing total for a nation with a population of just 86 million.

VNPT, the State-owned telecommunications group that operates the nation's number-two and number-three mobile service providers, Mobifone and Vina-phone, has 59.7 million mobile subcribers while the market leader, military-run Viettel, has 45 million.

The strong increase in subcriber numbers in January was fueled by promotion programmes, said Viettel director Hoang Son, who admitted that network operators had dangled rate cuts to attract customers.

Both Viettel and the VNPT were also developing 3G services and had requested the Ministry of Information and Communications add an additional digit to existing numbers with the 09X prefix in order to meet rising demand for new system capacity.

The number of internet subcribers also surged in January by some 49 per cent over the same month a year ago, the GSO reported.

Net profit of the telecommunications sector reached VND9.9 trillion (US$521million) in 2009, a surge of 69.8 per cent over the previous year, according to the GSO, while total earnings reached 143.3 trillion ($7.1 billion), an increase of 61 per cent.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

jackbl
17-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Home not so sweet for workers returning from abroad

VietNamNet Bridge - Le Xuan Lai has returned to his village in the northern province of Thai Binh to work the fields, dispirited after over a year of fruitlessly looking for a job in Hanoi.

His limited experience and smattering of Chinese, which he obtained during his three years as a welder in Malaysia, were not enough to help him land a suitable job in the capital.

“It is not easy for manual workers like me to find jobs in the city. All firms require laborers with good experience,” Lai said.

He also could not manage to scrounge up the over US$1,000 to buy a motorbike to work as a motorbike taxi driver. He spent all of the nearly VND200 million ($10,526) he earned in Malaysia paying debts and building a house.

Finding work at home after working abroad has become a major problem for Vietnamese laborers. None of the eight others sent to work with Lai in 2005 got jobs upon their returns.

Each year, Vietnam sends some 60,000-70,000 laborers to work abroad. However, after rising from poverty thanks to the programs, many of them risk slipping back into destitution once they return home.

Welcome home

Nguyen Thi Mai has just come back home from Taiwan, where she worked as a nurse in a rest-home. But in Vietnam, the 30-year old woman has not been able to find a single job at a hospital or rest-home, so she has to work as a maid for a family in Hanoi.

“I have to do it, I don’t want my children to die of starvation. The income of VND1-2 million ($54.2- 108.3) I could make in the paddy fields would be enough for only a Spartan life,” said the woman from Nam Dinh Province.

The VND100 million ($5,263) she made in Taiwan has been spent on food and an education for her children, as well as debts and a new motorbike, which helps her husband carry their farm products to a wholesale market in the city.

Laborers, mostly the poor from rural areas, usually spend their earnings from abroad on debts, home appliances and building or upgrading their homes, not on investing in production or businesses.

With 5 years of work experience in a restaurant in Malaysia, Tran Quang Huong from Ninh Binh Province said he had planned to open a small restaurant when he returned home.

However, his family had to use his remittances of over VND100 million to pay hospital fees for his father, a cancer patient hospitalized in Hanoi.

Unable to find a suitable job in the restaurant business, Huong now has to work as a mason for hire.

“I am attending a cooking class in the evening. I still want to open a restaurant when I save enough money,” he said as he waited for work at labor-for-hire market on the capital city’s dusty and crowded Giang Vo Street.

Temporary measure

Dao Cong Hai, vice head of the Department of Overseas Laborer Management at the Ministry of

Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, said his agency was working with commercial banks and financial institutions on requirements to give laborers who want to borrow money to work abroad. The requirements should ensure that the money they make abroad would be used more effectively and creates jobs, he said.

Nguyen Xuan Vui, chairman and general director of labor exporter Airseco, said workers returning home could use part of their earnings made working abroad to seek work again in other countries.

They could also ask the firms that send them abroad for more work, he added.

An official from the Vietnamese Association of Manpower Supply said many firms, especially Japanese and South Korean ones, wanted to employ local laborers that have worked in their countries, because they knew foreign languages and had appropriate experience.

Localities home to many foreign firms should establish websites to introduce jobs to laborers and encourage them to set aside part of the money they make overseas to develop production and business, contributing to the creation of jobs for themselves and others, he said.

“Laborers should think of working abroad as a way to bring them a temporary job. Long-term production and business development at home is the fundamental measure to improve life,” he said.

However, most people in poor villages that have a family member working abroad wait for their remittances to make any payments and rarely save, let alone make investments in production development.

VietNamNet/Thanh Nien

SING_IN_HCMC
17-02-2010, 09:23 AM
IT giants gain firm foothold in foreign markets
================================================== =

VietNamNet Bridge – It seemed that FPT’s plan to expand its business in the US was scuttled when Vietnam’s leading IT firm entered the market in mid 2008 — a time when the world’s largest economy fell into a deep crisis. However, the firm held on to its foothold in the market.

VietNamNet/VNA

Bro JB,

please cont posting the news...they are interesting read esp for those of us who have biz interest in Vn. Keep them coming.....

jackbl
17-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Free meals help poor children stay in school

Thanks to the kind hearts and innovative ideas of community members in southern areas, underprivileged children are being given the chance at a better life and education.

Disadvantaged students receive free rice at Ham Giang B Elementary School in southern Tra Vinh Province thanks to a charitable school program. Reducing poverty has prevented many poverty-stricken students from dropping out of school.

At the remote Ham Giang B Elementary School in Ham Giang Commune, Tra Vinh Province, 100 percent of students are from the Khmer ethnic minority. Most come from families who are desperately poverty-stricken, and often can’t afford food. Many of the children are forced to drop out of school to help their families eke out a living at home.

Golden Seeds

Searching for a solution to the problem, school Vice-Principal Son Nhuong and other teachers came up with the idea of a “Golden Seeds” fund to help feed students so they could stay in school.

During harvest time, students would collect leftover paddy seeds from rice fields. Teachers also contributed rice and seeds for students in need and encouraged wealthier families to donate new clothes to poor students at the start of each school year.

After nine years of implementation, the Golden Seeds program continues to be a success. The school has accumulated more than 2.7 tons of rice, and has helped 132 disadvantaged students obtain new clothes, notebooks and pens.

Rice Jar of Friendship

Poor students at Ham Giang B School have also benefited from another charitable program organized by teachers. In May 2008, the school launched the “Rice Jar of Friendship” program, where every teacher was encouraged to contribute at least 5kg of rice and each student one or two cans of rice to help feed poor students.

In a small corner of the school library, a jar was placed to collect the rice brought in by students and teachers. Wealthier teachers volunteered to donate 10-20kg of rice, while students would ask their parents each day for one handful of grains. Within a month, the Rice Jar of Friendship had amassed 250kg of rice. At the end of the school year, 36 poor students were given the grains.

The program proved successful not only in terms of providing food for needy children and keeping them in school, but it also lifted community spirit. Feeling that their friends and teachers cared about their wellbeing, the disadvantaged students said they felt encouraged to study harder.

Thach Thi Em Qui, a 5th grade student at the school, received a portion of the charitable rice last year. "After bringing my rice home, my grandmother was so happy! I promised to try my best not to betray teachers’ and friends’ good intention,” said Qui.

In the 2008-2009 school year, 9 students dropped out of Ham Giang B School, but after implementing the Rice Jar of Friendship program, there hasn’t been a single drop-out in the 2009-2010 academic year.

The school is now organizing a second phase of the program to help feed students during the upcoming Tet (lunar New Year) holiday in February and also at the end of the school year.

A café with heart

Since the beginning of the 2008-2009 school year, local café owner Ngo Nhat Dinh has also been doing his part to help provide food for poor children. Opposite the Phuong Thanh A Elementary School in What Province? Mr. Dinh’s small restaurant serves up free meals for 15 kids who would otherwise go hungry.

A former teacher at the school, Nguyen Thanh Chan, helped launch the program with VND6 million from his own teaching salary. School Principal Thach Thanh Long then asked teachers to make a list of the 15 most disadvantaged students likely to quit school and report to the managing board.

“Cooking for 15 small children is very hard but all of us are happy with this meaningful work. Seeing that poor students are eager to learn and learn well, we all participate in the movement to support them,” said Mr. Dinh.

Each day at around 11:00 am, a few 1st and 2nd graders always arrive early to help “Uncle Dinh” clean tables. They then wait patiently for their friends to join them for a meal. The free lunches are worth about VND9,000 each, considered a “luxury” to the young students.

Some of the disadvantaged children at Phuong Thanh A Elementary School have additional challenges such as physical disabilities. Lam Chi Nhan, a 5th grader with several siblings, lost the use of one of his legs. Nhan’s parents own a noodle stall and earn just a few hundred thousand dong a month.

”Only on the Tet holiday can I eat rice with fish and meat. On normal days I have very frugal meals. But now with the delicious [free] meals, I am becoming healthy. I try my best to learn in order to get a good job to help my parents and other poor students as my teachers and Mr. Dinh have done for us,” said Nhan.

Thach Truong Quy, a 2nd grader, has three siblings – all of whom are disabled. Quy’s parents are freelance laborers and don’t have stable jobs. The lunch provided by teachers and Mr. Dinh allows Quy to continue learning without the burden of hunger. Quy also spares some meat at each meal for his younger sister. Formerly, a very sick and thin child, Quy is now much healthier and hasn’t missed a day of school since the program began.

In the fall of 2008, a special ceremony was held at Mr. Dinh’s café to officially launch the free-lunch program. Commune leaders and program benefactors attended the event.

Watching the poor students eating slowly, some thought the children did not care for the food. But when asked why they ate the way they did, the students said they had not eaten a full meal in a very long time and were simply savoring the dishes. They were also trying to save some to bring home to their siblings, they added.

After listening to the children’s plights, many benefactors attending the event donated an extra VND1-2 million on the spot.

"At first, myself and Mr. Chan thought the program would last no longer than three months, but to our surprise, the benefactors showed enthusiastic support so the free lunches have continued until now," said Mr. Long.

"We will try to keep the program running until the end of this year. If funding from the benefactors continues, the school will continue to extend the program into next year to help poor students,” Mr. Long added.

VietNamNet/SGGP

jackbl
17-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Teachers fight to keep kids in school
==================================================

VietNamNet Bridge - Educators in Ho Chi Minh City say it is an uphill battle to prevent weak and underprivileged students from quitting school. Fearing that students who drop out won’t just lose out on an education but will also fail to develop good values, many teachers strive to keep classes dynamic and engaging.

But due to intense curriculums, this is no easy task, they say. Children leave school early for many reasons but above all, most quit because they simply can’t keep up.

HCMC junior high schools have a drop-out rate of around 20 percent while high schools have a drop-out rate of around 11 percent.

At the end of second semester of 2009-2010 academic year, the city’s Nguyen Huu Tho high school reported 13 students quit their studies; Binh Phu reported 15 drop-outs; Nguyen An Ninh reported 38; and Han Thuyen reported 46.

Research shows that most students who abandon school come from poor immigrant families. They are often forced to quit studying to help their families eke out a living doing odd jobs like selling lottery tickets or balloons, or collecting garbage. Others leave school due to illness or because their parents can’t afford to pay rent and the family has to move. But most students, however, give up on their education because they find school too difficult.

If teachers don’t strive to make lessons more interesting, students can become easily bored and are more likely to drop out.

Some parents also contribute to the problem by showing an indifference to their children’s education. Officials at the Bong Sao A junior high school in District 8 said some students are chronically late for class and struggle with their studies, but their parents fail to address the problem and ignore requests to speak to teachers.

Many students with behavioral issues or who bully others also cause headaches for teachers, but schools say they can’t expel them for fear they will never continue their education and take to a life on the streets.

If a school reports a particularly high number of drop-outs, the Department of Education and Training will put pressure on school officials to curb the problem, but teachers say that despite offering incentives like scholarships, many students continue to leave.

VietNamNet/SGGP

dingding75
17-02-2010, 02:55 PM

Some VN gals likes to go internet cafe to call or text their BF in SG coz it is much much cheaper than using their cell phone.

VietnamLover
17-02-2010, 03:14 PM
De lam gi bx hoi that ox phai cha loi that

To do what wife is asking truly husband must answer truly.

Hurricane88
17-02-2010, 03:54 PM
My bx have alot of sim cards too. So when I touched down in HCMC, I don't even have to buy 1.

Anyway if she is servicing 3 bros, most likely she will use 3 different numbers for the 3 bros. Correct?

Oops...you just answer yourself in the 2 posts above...:)