PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
15-06-2008, 05:13 PM
You/I also too, depend on who say this sentence.

cheers to all bros..

new quote to translate:

em cung vay

Sun77
16-06-2008, 10:27 PM
what is em noi em di lam voi chi?

i noe em is sis.

KangTuo
16-06-2008, 11:39 PM

i noe em is sis.

it means: i say i go work with elder sister.

THISISSPARTA!!!
17-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Wah, reading the translations from sms', very familiar leh... :p
Trick of the trade i guess...

SPARTAISSTUPID!!!

Sha_Gua75
17-06-2008, 01:06 PM

i noe em is sis.

More than 50% of your post asking brothers here to translate for u....seem that u too spoonfeed....why dont u try those online dictionary...some of the words u can make up to understand your sms....

Sun77
17-06-2008, 06:15 PM
its not tat i dun wan to use e dictionary. seem cant to get it rite :confused:..
always have funny ans..
will try my veri best..
thks

Honey Boon
18-06-2008, 10:56 AM
yes, agreed. You will learn better and faster. Once learned, it will stay with you for goods. ;)

More than 50% of your post asking brothers here to translate for u....seem that u too spoonfeed....why dont u try those online dictionary...some of the words u can make up to understand your sms....

jackbl
18-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Then u can call back the gal and ask her what she means? I think around her sure got "sisters" who can translate the words in English or Mandarin for u.

its not tat i dun wan to use e dictionary. seem cant to get it rite :confused:..
always have funny ans..
will try my veri best..
thks

technofreak
18-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Made an enquiry on Vietnamese language class. Found Spring Language school @Bishan. 10 lessons in all, once a week, 2 hr (Thurs 7-9pm), S$275 all in. (Registration fee n course material).

Shortlisting now...Mooncracker, VKiller...Any more takers??

Minimum 4 pax to start a class. Commencing next thurs 26th Jun. :)

jackbl
19-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Previously i study in community centre. The class is said to be 10 lessons, 1 hr each. But due to the teacher returning to vn, the 10 lesson squeeze into 8hr lesson :( The class size is about 15 students.

From your information, imho, the lesser the student the better. The progress will be faster and you can learn more in each lesson. Maybe the teacher can teach u outside lesson material, e.g. write love letters, tips to pick up gals in vn, etc :D

Made an enquiry on Vietnamese language class. Found Spring Language school @Bishan. 10 lessons in all, once a week, 2 hr (Thurs 7-9pm), S$275 all in. (Registration fee n course material).

Shortlisting now...Mooncracker, VKiller...Any more takers??

Minimum 4 pax to start a class. Commencing next thurs 26th Jun. :)

technofreak
19-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Previously i study in community centre. The class is said to be 10 lessons, 1 hr each. But due to the teacher returning to vn, the 10 lesson squeeze into 8hr lesson. The class size is about 15 students.

From your information, imho, the lesser the student the better. The progress will be faster and you can learn more in each lesson. Maybe the teacher can teach u outside lesson material, e.g. write love letters, tips to pick up gals in vn, etc.

Bro jack...How much u paid for the course?? Will keep a lookout for nearby community centre too!! Hoping the "co giao" to be a dep gai...So that I will be early, not punctual, for every lesson...:D

SureScore
19-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Bro jack...How much u paid for the course?? Will keep a lookout for nearby community centre too!! Hoping the "co giao" to be a dep gai...So that I will be early, not punctual, for every lesson...:D

Wah lao, like tat I oso want lei....

Thom07
19-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Bro jack...How much u paid for the course?? Will keep a lookout for nearby community centre too!!

Hmm last year I saw a similar course at AMKCC for ard $100 +/- a bit.

jackbl
20-06-2008, 01:48 PM
The community centre charges only $110/10 lessons. So 1 lesson=1hr is about $11.... The co giao is RAT DEP, her headlight is very bright until i very sleepy in class also dun dare to sleep. In class i guess no guy will not lock-on her assets. Thats why i can learn very fast, hahaha....

Hurricane88
20-06-2008, 02:35 PM
The community centre charges only $110/10 lessons. So 1 lesson=1hr is about $11.... The co giao is RAT DEP, her headlight is very bright until i very sleepy in class also dun dare to sleep. In class i guess no guy will not lock-on her assets. Thats why i can learn very fast, hahaha....

Wow if got class, I also want lei....count me in..:)

retsoor
20-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Can some of the senior brudders help me here...thanks in advance. I usually use long haired dictionarys but sometimes that is not an option.

cu gia bo noi tieng viet gioi nhu con ma con cao gia. so qua chet mat thoi. e ngu day kot nt ong gia nua hehehehe cu gia mat xanh.

here's what I think I understand:

Cu gia = old dick?!! (she must be referring to me)

ki bo = this I don't understand. Can not find in tu dien.

noi tieng viet = speak vietnamese

nhu = ?

con ma = the ghost (probably referring to me again)

con cao gia = the old cao? what is cao? surely cannot be tiger bone glue like my tu dien suggests?

e ngu day = Em go to sleep now

kot nt = ?

ong gia = old man (me)

nua = ?

cu gia mat xanh = old dick with blue eyes (?) - obviously me again.

technofreak
20-06-2008, 05:07 PM

Wah I wanna sign up if co giao is rat dep n bright headlight...Even better if she's wearing those skin-tight ao dai...:D

Hmm last year I saw a similar course at AMKCC for ard $100 +/- a bit.

Hmm...Wonder is it better being taught in CCs or language schools??

Wow if got class, I also want lei....count me in...

Our dear Mooncracker can't make it for the June course at Spring...Better postpone to July. Bro Thom n Hurricane interested?? :)

Can some of the senior brudders help me here...thanks in advance. I usually use long haired dictionarys but sometimes that is not an option.

Cant make head or tail bro...Gotta see the whole dialogue in order to understand. Alternatively, our co giao Jackbl may understand better...:D

retsoor
20-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Cant make head or tail bro...Gotta see the whole dialogue in order to understand. Alternatively, our co giao Jackbl may understand better...:D

the whole sms is in the quote at the top of the post.

I just added my comments below to explain the context (like that she refers to me as Con Ma and Ong Gia sometimes), but you can simply ignore that.

here it is again:

cu gia bo noi tieng viet gioi nhu con ma con cao gia. so qua chet mat thoi. e ngu day kot nt ong gia nua hehehehe cu gia mat xanh.

Thom07
20-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Hmm...Wonder is it better being taught in CCs or language schools??

No idea man. Ask Jackbl loh. :p

Our dear Mooncracker can't make it for the June course at Spring...Better postpone to July. Bro Thom n Hurricane interested?? :)

I'm interested but lazy to use my brain to learn. Lazy bum. Anyway, I dont even know the basic. :o

Hurricane88
21-06-2008, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=technofreak;2842423]
[COLOR="blue"]Our dear Mooncracker can't make it for the June course at Spring...Better postpone to July. Bro Thom n Hurricane interested?? :) QUOTE]

Yeah bro, I am keen....keep me informed....

Sha_Gua75
21-06-2008, 12:32 PM
cu gia bo noi tieng viet gioi nhu con ma con cao gia. so qua chet mat thoi. e ngu day kot nt ong gia nua hehehehe cu gia mat xanh

something like this meaning

u pretend to speak vietnamese like devil .so scared. e wake up dont see ur (old man) hehehe blue eye old man

AdGuy
21-06-2008, 03:12 PM

That co giao is rat MILF. :D

AdGuy
21-06-2008, 03:14 PM

Jackbl is not co giao... he is thay giao

technofreak
23-06-2008, 01:16 PM
That co giao is rat MILF.

I like MILFs too...;)

What is "thay giao"?? Have upped your points bro...Good thread u've started. :)

the whole sms is in the quote at the top of the post.

Sorry bro my tieng viet not good enough...====> Bro jack

I'm interested but lazy to use my brain to learn. Lazy bum. Anyway, I dont even know the basic.

Shortlisting...VKiller, Mooncracker, Hurricane88...

AdGuy
23-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I like MILFs too...;)

What is "thay giao"?? Have upped your points bro...Good thread u've started. :)

Co giao is female teacher... thay giao is male teacher.

No thread is good without the support of bros. :D Thanks for your points!

Keep the spirit of sharing alive.

retsoor
23-06-2008, 06:10 PM
something like this meaning

u pretend to speak vietnamese like devil .so scared. e wake up dont see ur (old man) hehehe blue eye old man

thanks a lot. very helpful :)

retsoor
23-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Can I say:

Co the em suu bam sinh, nhung em xinh nhu con tinh tinh

What I am trying to say: Maybe you are born (as) a buffalo, but you are cute like a chimpanzee!

buffalo: not con trau, but suu, from the zodiac (ox)

retsoor
23-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Can I say:...

To answer my own question: I consulted (another) longhaired dictionary by sms - I only asked her about the 1st part - apparently I better say

Co the em sinh nam trau, nhung...

I also decided trau is better, since the 2nd part is slang, maybe suu is too formal.

Thom07
24-06-2008, 01:15 AM

I confirm can not because I cant make it to Bishan in time. :(

KangTuo
24-06-2008, 02:39 AM

Bro Jackbl really put in effort to learn tieng viet. He told me he use to take an hour a day to learn the language online. Hope I am as motivated to improve.

KangTuo
24-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Shortlisting...VKiller, Mooncracker, Hurricane88

I confirm can not because I cant make it to Bishan in time.

I also confirm cannot. I cannot make it to JC/GL in time from Bishan... too far. :p:D

Imagine the whole class fill with SBF bro. Where will you go after lesson?

Thom07
24-06-2008, 03:28 AM
I cannot make it to JC/GL in time from Bishan... too far.

Imagine the whole class fill with SBF bro. Where will you go after lesson?

Why cant make it in time? :confused: Need go home first?

After theoretical lessons, it is time for practicals. :D

jackbl
24-06-2008, 04:02 AM
If i dun learn online, then i will do practical training on the field, that will take longer hours, perhaps 4hr/day. Putting learning to practice. :D

Bro Jackbl really put in effort to learn tieng viet. He told me he use to take an hour a day to learn the language online. Hope I am as motivated to improve.

Hurricane88
24-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Bro, when is the class starting....dun mind to be tue or wed night.

technofreak
24-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Why cant make it in time? Need go home first? After theoretical lessons, it is time for practicals.

I second that...Bro KT gotta "cock" check clear first before going right?? Keke :p

If i dun learn online, then i will do practical training on the field, that will take longer hours, perhaps 4hr/day. Putting learning to practice.

U mean practising as in conversation or.....Uong nuoc mieng n......?? :D

Bro, when is the class starting....dun mind to be tue or wed night.

Since not enuff ppl this month, it will be postponed to end July. As for which day yet to be confirmed. I mean the school Spring@Bishan. Heard from Mooncracker they do have another branch at Jurong East. Meanwhile, I'm keeping a lookout for courses in CCs. :)

retsoor
27-06-2008, 01:47 AM
late at night I am trying to understand another sms. all help highly appreciated:

hehe con cao gia gia bi gai lua dao an thit hahaha bich cua a con cao gia hon a nhieu hehe co cai nay muon tu tu loa dao ty cua a. gai tieo thi ruou cung nhu gai karaoke cung di ngu voi khach suot ngay ma. chi lam tro thoi giu da lam nom hehe con ma mat xanh ke cap lai gap ba gia roi chet cuoi thoi

This message is from a friend, I had sent her a message earlier that E bich (my new girlfriend) wanted to eat me, and I also told her con gai viet nam kg tot! I see the reference to eating - an thit, and that there's lots of stuff aboue girls, but I understand only parts of the message. Can anyone give a full translation?

Con cao gia - old fox, me I guess
con ma mat xanh - blue eyed devil, me again
bich -my gf

technofreak
30-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi all fellow tieng viet aficionados...Tentative date of commencement of class at Spring@Bishan is 22 July (Tuesday). Once a week lesson 7-9pm every Tuesday. Fees S$280/-.

Any takers?? Mooncracker, Vkiller, Thom07, Hurricane88, Chanyboy, Birdie8819 etc.........:)

Cheers,
Techno

v.killers
30-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi all fellow tieng viet aficionados...Tentative date of commencement of class at Spring@Bishan is 22 July (Tuesday). Once a week lesson 7-9pm every Tuesday. Fees S$280/-.

Any takers?? Mooncracker, Vkiller, Thom07, Hurricane88, Chanyboy, Birdie8819 etc.........:)

Cheers,
Techno

Troi oi,

I am going to Vietnam on the 20th of July.....:(

birdie8819
30-06-2008, 01:58 PM

Cheers,
Techno

Eh.....I bo $$$ leh .....kekekeke...... no lah me still half half haven decides . :p

Troi oi,

I am going to Vietnam on the 20th of July.....

Enjoy your trip hor . :D

KangTuo
01-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Troi oi,

I am going to Vietnam on the 20th of July.....:(

Troi oi,

I am coming back to Sillypore from VN on 20th July

Thom07
01-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Troi oi,

I am coming back to Sillypore from VN on 20th July

One come back, one go there. :p

I let you know at a later date cos after July I wouldn't be so free already. :(

Hurricane88
01-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Cheers,
Techno

Bro, me ok....I am back on 21 Oct, so can attend lor...

technofreak
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Harlow bro is that a typo error?? 21 Oct? :confused:

Those interested please Own Time Own Target carry on to register by 15th July...;)

Address: Blk 512 Bishan St 13 #03-526 Singapore 570512

Telephone: 6358 1068

Hurricane88
03-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Harlow bro is that a typo error?? 21 Oct? :confused:
[/COLOR]

Oops .... thank you for correction.....should read 21 Jul.

darkangel83
04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Hello to all bros :D

I am new here and got this sudden urge of learning tieng viet :p cause of the chicks out there.
Can bros please translate for me, "anh yeu em lam ve roi"

"you very love me return already?" doesn't make sense... :confused:

Hurricane88
04-07-2008, 01:31 PM

I am new here and got this sudden urge of learning tieng viet :p cause of the chicks out there.

I assume this is a Vn girl sent to you, am I right?

Bro love sister very much and have bro arrive home.

The SMS really dun make much sense...but most messages are like that....so just get used to it.....enjoy....:)

12cheong
05-07-2008, 10:20 AM

Bro,

If I may try. Probably the meaning should be "Sweetheart, sis working go back already."

She is trying to tell you that she has finished work and have gone back.

Anh yeu = Calling you the one she love literally is "Bro Love."

Em Lam = sis working

Ve Roi = go back already

Hope this will be more meaningful. :D

drassen
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Honey, I have done with my work and return home already...

Anh yeu, em lam ve roi...

Anh yeu 爱人 or 亲爱的
em lam 我工作
ve (nha) roi 回(家)了

Hurricane88
05-07-2008, 01:33 PM

Anh yeu 爱人 or 亲爱的
em lam 我工作
ve (nha) roi 回(家)了

Bro, good try...up you my humble 3 points... :)

jackbl
06-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Haizzz... the website where i normally extract the viet lesson has closed down for good. Cant post them here anymore...

1. Đi đâu? Đi bằng ǵ? (Where to go? How to go?)

Honey Boon
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I realised 1 thing, the viets don't really use proper , . ? ! to separate the sentences in their sms. :confused:

Hurricane88
07-07-2008, 10:32 AM
I realised 1 thing, the viets don't really use proper , . ? ! to separate the sentences in their sms. :confused:

Bro, me too always find them in rojak and alot of short form....damn confusing...can't consult dictionary for those....hahaha:)

technofreak
07-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Bro, me too always find them in rojak and alot of short form....damn confusing...can't consult dictionary for those....hahaha

That's the reason why we must attend proper Vietnamese language lesson, and better those citizens of Vietnam...;)

So far only bro Hurricane88 n myself...Any more takers?? :cool:

jackbl
07-07-2008, 12:27 PM
You no need to go liao. U can attend practical lesson :D I agree w Bro Boon that they dun use ,.?! This make their sentence diff to read & understand....

That's the reason why we must attend proper Vietnamese language lesson, and better those citizens of Vietnam...;)

So far only bro Hurricane88 n myself...Any more takers??

medicheng
07-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Anyone know how to type..

don\'t drink too much beer. don\'t smoke too much, take good care of yourself as you just recovering from operation. I will go down find you in a few days time?

haha... for my viet lover...

darkangel83
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM

Anh yeu 爱人 or 亲爱的
em lam 我工作
ve (nha) roi 回(家)了

Too bad I can't read Mandarin too. :p But thanx for your effort. I am also in the process of learning Mandarin..lolx.. :D

I need at least 30mins to send out one Mandarin sms as I need to translate it, reconfirm the Pinyin and then retranslate it...so very difficult... :(

technofreak
09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I am going to Vietnam on the 20th of July...

When u coming back?? The date very flexible...Can even postpone to start a week later than the designated date...:)

I let you know at a later date cos after July I wouldn't be so free already.

So how Thom07 didi?? Able to join?? Or u still feeling the after-effects from the nite-out?? ;)

As of now...1 person has registered. Need 3 more to start. The school is accommodating enough to start on either 22nd, 23rd, or 24th July...It will be a female teacher. Dep or not I have no idea. The admin girl told us to go down together to register as it will be better that way...

Calling Bro Hurricane88 n Mooncracker...When can u guys meet up??

jackbl
11-07-2008, 03:23 AM
If you go down with a few bro, ask the admin gal to give u a group discount, normally they will give. Try to bargain.... :D

[COLOR="blue"]As of now...1 person has registered. Need 3 more to start. The school is accommodating enough to start on either 22nd, 23rd, or 24th July...It will be a female teacher. Dep or not I have no idea. The admin girl told us to go down together to register as it will be better that way...

Hurricane88
11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
As of now...1 person has registered. Need 3 more to start. The school is accommodating enough to start on either 22nd, 23rd, or 24th July...It will be a female teacher. Dep or not I have no idea. The admin girl told us to go down together to register as it will be better that way...

Calling [COLOR="Black"]Bro Hurricane88 n Mooncracker...When can u guys meet up??

I can go down next week usually around 4pm.....let me know.

technofreak
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
If you go down with a few bro, ask the admin gal to give u a group discount, normally they will give. Try to bargain....

Cam on anh nhieu lam...Em biet roi. :)

I can go down next week usually around 4pm.....let me know.

Sure bro Hurricane88, Mooncracker is organizing. Check ur PM.

drassen
11-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Cam on anh nhieu lam...Em biet roi. :)

Doing some translating works, learning Vietnamese as well at the same time...

Cam on anh nhieu lam...Em biet roi.
非常谢谢你(男)...我(女)知道了。

Anh refering to guy
Em refering to gal

Cam on (thank you)
cam on anh nhieu lam (thank you very much)
Replace the "anh" with "ban" if referring to friend... ban trai (男性朋友)

biet (know)
hieu (understand)

no special preference...

cam on ban rat nhieu, toi hieu roi...

Sha_Gua75
12-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Doing some translating works, learning Vietnamese as well at the same time...

Cam on anh nhieu lam...Em biet roi.
非常谢谢你(男)...我(女)知道了。

Anh refering to guy
Em refering to gal

Cam on (thank you)
cam on anh nhieu lam (thank you very much)
Replace the "anh" with "ban" if referring to friend... ban trai (男性朋友)

biet (know)
hieu (understand)

no special preference...

cam on ban rat nhieu, toi hieu roi...

ur last sentence....u thank your friend but u use toi....doesnt seem suitable

drassen
12-07-2008, 01:11 AM
ur last sentence....u thank your friend but u use toi....doesnt seem suitable

yes not suitable...just check with my bx. paiseh :o

Thom07
12-07-2008, 04:46 AM
So how Thom07 didi?? Able to join?? Or u still feeling the after-effects from the nite-out?? ;)

Fxxking tired and busy these few days Or busy Fxxking? :D Ehh I cant join. :(

fullboost2bar
12-07-2008, 05:01 AM
em not neccessary refer to girl sometimes can also refer to a younger person than you be it boy or girl

jackbl
13-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes bro, u have attain a certain knowledge of the viet family & social structure. Hope to meet up with u and have a drink! Cheers!

em not neccessary refer to girl sometimes can also refer to a younger person than you be it boy or girl

jackbl
15-07-2008, 03:26 AM
I have 1 set of learn viet CD in CD playable format to get away (i can burnt more if more ppl interested)... it is a very simple to learn CD, u can play it while u drive or with a portable CD player. let me know if u r interested and we can arrange to meet.

technofreak
15-07-2008, 10:42 AM
I have 1 set of learn viet CD in CD playable format to get away (i can burnt more if more ppl interested)... it is a very simple to learn CD, u can play it while u drive or with a portable CD player. let me know if u r interested and we can arrange to meet.

I'm interested...Thanking you in advance bro...;)

Cheers,
Techno

otur
15-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm interested...Thanking you in advance bro...;)

Cheers,
Techno

since u pm me, return u favour. u do biz sure very sucessful.

Thom07
15-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I have 1 set of learn viet CD in CD playable format to get away.

That day, you are the one who "sms" me right? I was quite drowsy then. This gift got my share or not?

jackbl
16-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Whoever got contribute to this thread got a share! :D

That day, you are the one who "sms" me right? I was quite drowsy then. This gift got my share or not?

technofreak
16-07-2008, 09:33 AM
since u pm me, return u favour. u do biz sure very sucessful.

Thank you bro otur for the advice...Will not forget u if I were to be successful in my business venture one fine day...;)

You write a proper FR on that SS sweetie-pie will definitely get it...:D

Whoever got contribute to this thread got a share!

Am I included?? :D Do I get from u at AD?? :)

Thom07
17-07-2008, 03:18 AM
You write a proper FR on that SS sweetie-pie will definitely get it...:D

:D How to write? Never write before. :p

jackbl
17-07-2008, 03:38 PM
You need to intro me a "con gai dep, vu to" then u will entitled. Your level is not like Thom didi liao... U at intermediate level...
:D
Am I included?? :D Do I get from u at AD?? :)

jackbl
17-07-2008, 03:40 PM
You need to clock 1 more time of sitting with con gai or u help to translate 1 middle level of vietnamese sentence for the bro here... :D

darkangel83
18-07-2008, 12:51 PM

hi bro,
i am interested to learn tieng viet. i tink i either got vietnam KC or kongtao. :o can't stop thinking of the con gai. can you burn one set for me?how much does it cost? ;)

jackbl
20-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi bro Techno/Thom/Darkangel,

If u gonna collect the CD from me, please give me a day of early notification. Monday i working late, cant go pubs... The time have to be earlier than 11pm.

hi bro,
i am interested to learn tieng viet. i tink i either got vietnam KC or kongtao. :o can't stop thinking of the con gai. can you burn one set for me?how much does it cost? ;)

Hurricane88
20-07-2008, 03:04 PM

If u gonna collect the CD from me, please give me a day of early notification. Monday i working late, cant go pubs... The time have to be earlier than 11pm.

Bro, can I have set too...thank you in advance...:)

jackbl
21-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Ok, no problem. Give me early notice, sometime i have to work OT. :confused:

Bro, can I have set too...thank you in advance...:)

Hurricane88
21-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Ok, no problem. Give me early notice, sometime i have to work OT. :confused:

Bro, thank you....pm you liao..

KangTuo
22-07-2008, 10:38 AM

Bro,
I want the CD. I need to comunicate better with the VN gals.
I want the 'CD'. Cu cua anh muon noi chuyen voi chim cua con gai. :D

darkangel83
22-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Bro,

wah bro..i tink if i am at ur level now, i'll blardy happy.. :D

Carrot007
22-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Bro Jackbl,
You can set up a stall at GL to sell your viet CDs and also to give viet translations to the customers there already...

Very soon, you will become a rich man and no need work OT liao... hahaha! :D

KangTuo
22-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Bro Jackbl,
You can set up a stall at GL to sell your viet CDs and also to give viet translations to the customers there already...

How about rent 1/2 the shop from the durian shop next to Mask51, set up chairs and table. Business will flow :p:D

jackbl
23-07-2008, 02:56 AM
The CD here meaning Condom. You need it when the little ones wanted to "communicate". Thats a very good practice. :D

Bro,

jackbl
23-07-2008, 03:02 AM
When i do translation 0f SMS for those Pretty gals, i will write all vulgar language to the man, and tell the gals the man SAO them and "not coming to find them tonite" :D After that i will ask them to go out with me... Is this good idea?

For information to all bros, the CD that i have is only very basic one. Those already in intermediate level will have know them all already (you know who you are hor, dun let me spell your name out)

Bro Jackbl,

fullboost2bar
23-07-2008, 04:10 AM
To all bros, know tieng viet can roi..but dun speak to the girls. Dun ever let them noe you know tieng viet, juz act blur. The best is u act blur learn from them. Like tat, wat u say, they also 50% believe u. By able to speak tieng viet, they will noe u are an experience player in tis field. I try not to speak but old habits die hard. After a few rounds, become my national language. Tat's why now no gfe with vn girls, very difficult. They will think u hve wife or girlfriend in vn. Worst still, dun let them noe u go hcm. Want to enjoy full gfe , must act innocent not act smart, biet khong ?:D

jackbl
23-07-2008, 10:05 AM
This apply to ppl that wan to "KC" the gal or ...

Me also old habits die hard. For me i will find gals who can speak my language, to learn/know more about their culture...

To all bros, know tieng viet can roi..but dun speak to the girls. Dun ever let them noe you know tieng viet, juz act blur. The best is u act blur learn from them. Like tat, wat u say, they also 50% believe u. By able to speak tieng viet, they will noe u are an experience player in tis field. I try not to speak but old habits die hard. After a few rounds, become my national language. Tat's why now no gfe with vn girls, very difficult. They will think u hve wife or girlfriend in vn. Worst still, dun let them noe u go hcm. Want to enjoy full gfe , must act innocent not act smart, biet khong ?:D

jackbl
23-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Techno/Thom/Darkangel/Hurricane/KT,

Tonite most likely i will be at MASK51 till 12am, if u happen to go there (Dun go purposely), u can look for me to collect the CD.

Hurricane88
23-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Fully agree...better dun let them know too much..

technofreak
23-07-2008, 04:26 PM
You need to intro me a "con gai dep, vu to" then u will entitled. Your level is not like Thom didi liao... U at intermediate level...

Em kg biet con gai vu to thoi...Kg co di choi lau roi. :)

Bro Jackbl,

How about rent 1/2 the shop from the durian shop next to Mask51, set up chairs and table. Business will flow.

My sentiments sexactly...A budding entrepreneur in the making...;)

For information to all bros, the CD that i have is only very basic one. Those already in intermediate level will have know them all already (you know who you are hor, dun let me spell your name out)

Even if my level not at basic, I do still wanna strengthen my foundation at basic level...

To all bros, know tieng viet can roi..but dun speak to the girls. Dun ever let them noe you know tieng viet, juz act blur. The best is u act blur learn from them. Like tat, wat u say, they also 50% believe u. By able to speak tieng viet, they will noe u are an experience player in tis field. I try not to speak but old habits die hard. After a few rounds, become my national language. Tat's why now no gfe with vn girls, very difficult. They will think u hve wife or girlfriend in vn. Worst still, dun let them noe u go hcm. Want to enjoy full gfe , must act innocent not act smart, biet khong ?

Biet roi anh...Very wise indeed!! I also used to kay-kiang speak tieng viet but in the end went home empty-handed...:(

Tonite most likely i will be at MASK51 till 12am, if u happen to go there (Dun go purposely), u can look for me to collect the CD.

Hen toi gap...

Fully agree...better dun let them know too much..

Hi bro Hurricane have you registered?? Gonna start in a week's time...Let's hope the co giao is a vu rat to MILF...:D

jackbl
24-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Never see u at mask51 tonite leh?!!! I went off 12.15

Hen toi gap...

Spud_Boy
24-07-2008, 12:10 PM
need the experts to translate for me.. only know some words here & there..

Em gian anh roi em dang buon ne

Thanks!

Sha_Gua75
24-07-2008, 12:36 PM
need the experts to translate for me.. only know some words here & there..

Em gian anh roi em dang buon ne

Thanks!

Dont need expert...that simple...I can help u

Translated meaning: I angry with u, now sad

Behind meaning: need to say i angry mah even I am not. this is procedure, if not say angry how to make u gian me

darkangel83
24-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Behind meaning: need to say i angry mah even I am not. this is procedure, if not say angry how to make u gian me

lol...really agree with him. :D

technofreak
24-07-2008, 06:04 PM

Never see u at mask51 tonite leh?!!! I went off 12.15

Xin loi anh...Was with Carrot n Deptrai. Settled on Dem Mau Hong so never go Mask. U already said dun go purposely...I listen lor :)

Maybe AD or HM tomorrow nite?? :)

Cheers,
Techno

jackbl
25-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Fri nite i cant/dun want go ktv cos many ppl...

Xin loi anh...Was with Carrot n Deptrai. Settled on Dem Mau Hong so never go Mask. U already said dun go purposely...I listen lor :)

Maybe AD or HM tomorrow nite?? :)

Cheers,
Techno

Spud_Boy
25-07-2008, 01:51 AM
Dont need expert...that simple...I can help u

Translated meaning: I angry with u, now sad

oh... okok.. thanks for the translation & also the behind meaning.. :o

Don't wanna get suck into the KC thing again..

vigo69
26-07-2008, 12:24 AM
any kind bro can translate this for me?
anh oi=?
tks

Sha_Gua75
26-07-2008, 02:17 PM
any kind bro can translate this for me?
anh oi=?
tks

u are the superd one...this one also need to ask....

it means: roberttttttttttttttt oi :D

Cobra-King
26-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Anh veri good ha.:D

naemlo
26-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Then wat is Ba xa oi.... :rolleyes:

AlanPHD
26-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Anh come on, bxa very buon you know.:p

Hurricane88
26-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Then wat is Ba xa oi.... :rolleyes:

means wifeeeee oi....

vigo69
26-07-2008, 06:38 PM

sorry 4 my stupidness
it mean husband? cos my wife call me that n i don`t understand

Sha_Gua75
26-07-2008, 08:22 PM
means wifeeeee oi....

his baxa oi have different meaning :(

Sha_Gua75
26-07-2008, 08:25 PM
sorry 4 my stupidness
it mean husband? cos my wife call me that n i don`t understand

:eek:

your wife?? then how come u dont ask her yourself? your real wife? or those kind of "wife" ?

Basically anh is being used when addressing someone close, but not use to address those whom u just know.

as for oi, oi is the same as hokkien when u call pple oi oi. just a sound but when she call anh oi, that oi doesnt meant to be rude. Not like hokkien oi oi is quite rude

vigo69
26-07-2008, 10:38 PM
:eek:

your wife?? then how come u dont ask her yourself? your real wife? or those kind of "wife" ?

Basically anh is being used when addressing someone close, but not use to address those whom u just know.

as for oi, oi is the same as hokkien when u call pple oi oi. just a sound but when she call anh oi, that oi doesnt meant to be rude. Not like hokkien oi oi is quite rude

k, tks, she is my real wife.
i just wonder y she call me that instead of ongxa

Sha_Gua75
26-07-2008, 10:51 PM
k, tks, she is my real wife.
i just wonder y she call me that instead of ongxa

Then ask her to call u "anh yeu oi" :D

yeu pronounce as you

Thom07
27-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Techno/Thom/Darkangel/Hurricane/KT,

Now it is harder for me to go out late liao.

Cheers,
Techno

Dem Mau Hong ??? New place?

Tony Stark
28-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Dear bros would appreciate if anyone can translate the following for me. I know the message does not sound good. :p

Ban di an voi toi ban rat so tra tien.
Toi benh, toi met, toi khong the gap ban thi ban chui the fuck.
Luc gap k hoi tham toi chi toan doi make love.
Nguoi dan ong keo kiet bun xin.

Sha_Gua75
28-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Dear bros would appreciate if anyone can translate the following for me. I know the message does not sound good. :p

Ban di an voi toi ban rat so tra tien.
Toi benh, toi met, toi khong the gap ban thi ban chui the fuck.
Luc gap k hoi tham toi chi toan doi make love.
Nguoi dan ong keo kiet bun xin.

Meaning along this line....some words seem missing...maybe I dont translate quite right

you go dinner with me but you scared of paying the bill
i'm sick and sad. when I can't meet you you swear fuck
when you meet me, you never ask how i am, just want to make love
Miserly man..

technofreak
28-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Fri nite i cant/dun want go ktv cos many ppl...

Anyway a very big thank you for your effort to burn the cd for me...I can even listen to it while driving. However, it's not very basic ley. :)

Now it is harder for me to go out late liao.

Tell your RSM go touch the wall and come back...How can make our Thom didi sign extras?? ;)

Dem Mau Hong ??? New place?

DMH = Looker's Cafe (Lor 28) ;)

technofreak
28-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Following Jackbl's 'positive' contribution...I herewith contribute some 'swear' words (compiled over 2 years) which two bros had asked before...Do use them wisely...:)

Special Vietnamese Insults - Part I

Your face looks like a female sex organ - Mat may nhin giong nhu cai lon

You are a prostitute - May la mot con di

Bitch prostitute! - Do di cho!

Horse prostitute! - Do di ngua!

Stinky prostitute! - Do di thui!

Fat horse prostitute! - Do di ngua map!

Is your penis in heat? - May nung cac roi ha?

Is your vagina in heat? - May nung lon roi ha?

Suck my penis! - Bu cac tao ne!

Suck my vagina! - Bu lon tao ne!

Suck my asshole! - Bu dit tao ne!

Tony Stark
28-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Meaning along this line....some words seem missing...maybe I dont translate quite right

you go dinner with me but you scared of paying the bill
i'm sick and sad. when I can't meet you you swear fuck
when you meet me, you never ask how i am, just want to make love
Miserly man..

Appreciate your effort. Means a lot to me. Cheers. :)

Sha_Gua75
28-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Following Jackbl's 'positive' contribution...I herewith contribute some 'swear' words (compiled over 2 years) which two bros had asked before...Do use them wisely...:)

Add on:

Buoi Penis, dick
Dai' Penis, dick
Cu Penis, dick
Cac Penis, dick
Hi~m Pussy
Lon Pussy
Lo dit Asshole
Đụ Mẹ Mày Fuck your mother
Do` di~ The town bike (everyone rides you)
Thang cac be' You have a small penis
Con di me mày Your mother sucks goats
An cut ne con Go eat shit now
Cat me cu may di Cut off your dick
Ba chang Mean old woman
Cai lon ma mày Your mom's pussy
Vo giao duc Uneducated
Cho cai Bitch
Dit me may I fucked your mum
Tao bop vu may bay gio I want to feel your tits
Cac tao bu ne con I have a very big dick
May den nhu cuc cut cho You are black like dog shit
Cho de Son of a bitch
Ba Tam Noisy person
Lai cai Gay
Lai duc Lesbian
Thang cha may Insult your father
Con me may Insult your mother
Dit con me may tec hang Fuck your mother until her vagina
is broken
Thang nguc lon You suck a dirty vagina
An cac tao ne` You eat my penis
Bu' lo`n tao ne` You eat my vagina
Bu cac tao Suck my dick
Dip Di Tung Ngo Nay Di Fuck this stupid kid
Do ngu Stupid
Do khung Crazy
Con di Hooker
Hom qua tao choi me may do I fucked your mother yesterday
Su thu dam Masturbate
Di du may Go fuck yourself
May do ngu You're stupid
Em ghet anh I hate you
Đi Chét Đi! Go die!
Bon Gay
May an long dai cham mui! You eat pubic hair with salt-dip
Do cho chet You're a fucking dead dog
Dit ca ho nha may Fuck your family
Cai deo gi day?? What the fuck??
Ngu Nhu Heo You're dumb as a pig.

MiniHawk
28-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Wow, sure to learn a lot from here.:D

Hurricane88
28-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Add on:

Buoi Penis, dick
Dai' Penis, dick
Cu Penis, dick
Cac Penis, dick
Hi~m Pussy
Lon Pussy
Lo dit Asshole
Đụ Mẹ Mày Fuck your mother
Do` di~ The town bike (everyone rides you)
Thang cac be' You have a small penis
Con di me mày Your mother sucks goats
An cut ne con Go eat shit now
Cat me cu may di Cut off your dick
Ba chang Mean old woman
Cai lon ma mày Your mom's pussy
Vo giao duc Uneducated
Cho cai Bitch
Dit me may I fucked your mum
Tao bop vu may bay gio I want to feel your tits
Cac tao bu ne con I have a very big dick
May den nhu cuc cut cho You are black like dog shit
Cho de Son of a bitch
Ba Tam Noisy person
Lai cai Gay
Lai duc Lesbian
Thang cha may Insult your father
Con me may Insult your mother
Dit con me may tec hang Fuck your mother until her vagina
is broken
Thang nguc lon You suck a dirty vagina
An cac tao ne` You eat my penis
Bu' lo`n tao ne` You eat my vagina
Bu cac tao Suck my dick
Dip Di Tung Ngo Nay Di Fuck this stupid kid
Do ngu Stupid
Do khung Crazy
Con di Hooker
Hom qua tao choi me may do I fucked your mother yesterday
Su thu dam Masturbate
Di du may Go fuck yourself
May do ngu You're stupid
Em ghet anh I hate you
Đi Chét Đi! Go die!
Bon Gay
May an long dai cham mui! You eat pubic hair with salt-dip
Do cho chet You're a fucking dead dog
Dit ca ho nha may Fuck your family
Cai deo gi day?? What the fuck??
Ngu Nhu Heo You're dumb as a pig.

Wow lao, so many swear words to learn....thank you for sharing:)

lugi
29-07-2008, 03:58 PM

hmmm.... all these can be found in the guide book... "Making Out In Vietnamese"....

Seems like copyright infringed??? :p

technofreak
31-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Seems like copyright infringed???

That's only a part which I had come across...No time to search for the rest. Bro SG has already listed most that I know...;)

jackbl
02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Someone looking at you on why u teach bad words to the bro here??!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/jackblhcmc/hangquynh76476.jpg

<<dun know why cant insert the image as a pic, only as a link.. :(

That's only a part which I had come across...No time to search for the rest. Bro SG has already listed most that I know...;)

jackbl
02-08-2008, 10:55 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/jackblhcmc/diepchut062mq5.jpg

Picture of vn student to inspire u to learn good..

mao86
04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
ani brothers can help mi with the following .. dun understand..

Ongxa yeu em cung dao long lam chu em 28 viet nam hai minh nha anh yeu !
Em kim tach dua tien anh hieu 104

btw ani brother can teach mi sum simple viet words mah.... keen in learning thanz alot

birdie8819
04-08-2008, 03:24 PM
<<dun know why cant insert the image as a pic, only as a link.. :(

Cause in Adult Discussions about Sex there's no attachment file for you to insert your pictures link not like those in pictures or other threads . ;)

technofreak
05-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Someone looking at you on why u teach bad words to the bro here??!

In actual fact...Learning swear words will enable one to have an easier grasp of the language...;)

btw ani brother can teach mi sum simple viet words mah.... keen in learning thanz alot

Do join us for the Vietnamese language course starting 14th Aug...:)

vigo69
05-08-2008, 11:16 PM
In actual fact...Learning swear words will enable one to have an easier grasp of the language...;)

Do join us for the Vietnamese language course starting 14th Aug...:)

bro i wan to join hw to enroll , care 2 tell me tks:D

Hurricane88
06-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Bro, my Vn fren dun even understand what is she saying?? Can't translate....can't help you....:)

sugardad
06-08-2008, 02:41 PM
ATTN :

THOSE who have Viet GF and intent to get them to stay in SG for a long period of time.

I have just started doing Placement for Foreigner in SG. So I will need large amount of Foreigner to work in SG. As I am only doing for S-Pass Holders, my requirement are as follows......

1) Must Have university Degree or professional Diploma.
2) Must be able to speak MANDARIN and/or ENGLISH.
3) Past Experience in Retail and/or F&B will be added advantage.

No charges involve until her status had been verified.
The charges are:
1) Registration ( upon verification of Diploma or Degree )
2) Administration ( upon verification of Diploma or Degree and we think we can find her a job )
3) Placement Fees. ( will advice the fees before we bring her to the our clients' premises for interview)

Candidates that is currently overseas are not require to be in SG unless we already have a firm offer for job or jobs in SG.

PM me for further information. If mailbox is full , leave your email address here.

Sha_Gua75
06-08-2008, 09:09 PM

Can only help u the 1st sentence....

Ongxa yeu em cung dao long lam chu = Hubby love you also heart pain alot....

In here "dao" already spell wrong.....

em 28 viet nam hai minh nha anh yeu ! -- dont know wtf is he/she trying to say....only understand the "hai minh" which mean 2 persons

Em kim tach dua tien anh hieu 104 -- once agian....dont know what fark.... no such word as kim tach

Leeson
06-08-2008, 10:48 PM

em 28 viet nam hai minh nha anh yeu ! -- dont know wtf is he/she trying to say....only understand the "hai minh" which mean 2 persons

Em kim tach dua tien anh hieu 104 -- once agian....dont know what fark.... no such word as kim tach

no head difficult to get tail haha, ask for the msg before that maybe can help figure out :p

jackbl
07-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Hi Leeson, long time no see. H r u?

As for the translation, i see already also DAU DAU. No head no tail, or maybe her viet is Super-powerful. Yahoo too much liao, short-form and abbreviation flying all over.

no head difficult to get tail haha, ask for the msg before that maybe can help figure out :p

KangTuo
07-08-2008, 05:16 AM

only understand the "hai minh" which mean 2 persons

I don't think the vn gal will write 2 person as "hai minh"... "2 nguoi" will be more likely text they use.

Yahoo too much liao, short-form and abbreviation flying all over.

Cannot be short-form and abbreviation, if the gal yahoo too much, she will write Ongxa as "Ox", Em as "e" and Anh as "a".

Let me try to interprete (not direct translate) the message

Ongxa yeu em cung dao long lam chu = some sentence to make you high as translated by bro Sha_Gua75
em 28 viet nam hai minh nha anh yeu != I am at geylang 28 viet nam pub......., my love
Em kim tach dua tien = dunno what shit reason for money
anh hieu 104 = you know where is Changi Lor 104?

Basically is to ask you fetch her back home.... :D:p

Darkstorm
07-08-2008, 05:24 AM
To Sha Gua75:

Thanks for adding to my reputation points earlier. I have just increased your reputation points by 5, from 778 to 783.

technofreak
07-08-2008, 09:24 AM
bro i wan to join hw to enroll , care 2 tell me tks.

Confirmed date of commencement of class at Spring Language School@Bishan is 14 Aug (Thursday). Once a week lesson 7-9pm every Thursday. Fees S$275/-.

Those interested please Own Time Own Target carry on to register by 12th Aug...

Address: Blk 512 Bishan St 13 #03-526 Singapore 570512

Telephone: 6358 1068

Ongxa yeu em cung dao long lam chu = some sentence to make you high as translated by bro Sha_Gua75
em 28 viet nam hai minh nha anh yeu != I am at geylang 28 viet nam pub......., my love
Em kim tach dua tien = dunno what shit reason for money
anh hieu 104 = you know where is Changi Lor 104?

Basically is to ask you fetch her back home....

You are really good bro KT...I ask my baxa she also KG HIEU what the fark is it...:confused:

Hurricane88
07-08-2008, 10:04 AM

You are really good bro KT...I ask my baxa she also KG HIEU what the fark is it...:confused:

Bro, same same dun know what the hell she is trying to say....

KangTuo
07-08-2008, 10:35 AM

Bro, only me with 1/2 past 6 tieng viet will understand. :D
My guess is that she don't know english which is the 2 word, Geylang and Changi. So from the numbers, my guess is that she work in Lookers pub and stay in Changi Lor 104.

Only mao86 can veirfy if I guess correctly. Most probably i am talking rubbish... :p

BS07
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM

As for the translation, i see already also DAU DAU. No head no tail, or maybe her viet is Super-powerful. Yahoo too much liao, short-form and abbreviation flying all over.

hey man, me still the same la, not like you the vn wui so powderful now haha...

Sha_Gua75
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM

No short form and abbreviation in his msg....basically the person who msg that viet (if it is a viet), it is someone who never even learn how to write viet...only know how to speak....proven by the word "dao"

k|nG
08-08-2008, 01:11 AM
anyone can translate ??

sao e dt a kg nghe may, a mua ve may bay cho e qua.19 nay e qua

thanks

jackbl
08-08-2008, 01:35 AM
I try my best ..... "Why I call u, u didnt listen to the phone? U buy air ticket for me to come, 19th I come."

fellow bros, please correct me if I m wrong :D

anyone can translate ??

sao e dt a kg nghe may, a mua ve may bay cho e qua.19 nay e qua

thanks

jackbl
08-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Hey man, if u were to practise it everyday and spend $$$ to learn, u will be as powderful too, or even better than me! :cool:

Treat u to 4 banh mi first...

hey man, me still the same la, not like you the vn wui so powderful now haha...

BS07
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey man, if u were to practise it everyday and spend $$$ to learn, u will be as powderful too, or even better than me! :cool:

Treat u to 4 banh mi first...

aiyo, i cant be bothered to learn to speak... think my tongue not so powerful haha my only convincing line is "kg biet kg hieu kg noi gi" :eek::D

anyway none of my viet gfs past or present allows me to learn how to speak :p

technofreak
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
No short form and abbreviation in his msg....basically the person who msg that viet (if it is a viet), it is someone who never even learn how to write viet...only know how to speak....proven by the word "dao"

There's no such word as "dao"...In fact "Dao" is a surname...:)

I try my best ..... "Why I call u, u didnt listen to the phone? U buy air ticket for me to come, 19th I come."

fellow bros, please correct me if I m wrong.

Dung roi thay giao jack...;)

Sha_Gua75
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
There's no such word as "dao"...In fact "Dao" is a surname...:)

no such word as in the sense that dao cant be talking about surname when u are talking about heart...

Sha_Gua75
08-08-2008, 09:10 PM

fellow bros, please correct me if I m wrong :D

meaning is why i call u, u never answer...if u dont answer how i can chop u more....u buy ticket for me to come and if possible send me cash for me to buy myself so that on the other hand i will also ask another guy to buy for me too...19th I will return but doesnt mean that i return i must company u :o

jackbl
10-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Bro Sg, u know the gals' thinking deep deep.

meaning is why i call u, u never answer...if u dont answer how i can chop u more....u buy ticket for me to come and if possible send me cash for me to buy myself so that on the other hand i will also ask another guy to buy for me too...19th I will return but doesnt mean that i return i must company u :o

KangTuo
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
bro, help translate. My level too shallow to understand the sms.

1) e kg dam nghi toi vi a voi e khac nhau wa nen e ko dam nghi toi dau

2) e ko tin la a nho e dau, e o ben day toi 2th e moi ve vn ma

3) Nhiu luc trong long cua e bun lam gap a cho e di dong dong choi nen e cung do bun

4) A may chi cua e ve nha mua bia nhau tu nhien e ngoi suy nghi nho toi a wa di

Sha_Gua75
10-08-2008, 02:58 PM
bro, help translate. My level too shallow to understand the sms.

1) e kg dam nghi toi vi a voi e khac nhau wa nen e ko dam nghi toi dau

2) e ko tin la a nho e dau, e o ben day toi 2th e moi ve vn ma

3) Nhiu luc trong long cua e bun lam gap a cho e di dong dong choi nen e cung do bun

4) A may chi cua e ve nha mua bia nhau tu nhien e ngoi suy nghi nho toi a wa di

Bro, something along this line....

1) I dare not think about u, because we r too different therefore I don’t think

2) I dun believe that u miss me, I will back to VN after 2 months staying here (I stay here till 2th then I go back VN)

3) Sometimes I feel depress inside, and you bring me arround play and that make me happier

4) When my sis brought home beer and drink, suddenly I think and miss you

MiniHawk
10-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Bro SJ,

good interpretion.:)

jackbl
11-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Bro SG, i dun know u so good in viet.... next time i see u i wan to speak with u in viet to improve my viet too. Thanks Professor!

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Can someone help me with this:

"Hen gap lai lan sao"

I think "Hen gap lai"= See you again.

But what is "lan sao"

Also, can someone help me translate this message from English to Vietnamese:

"Why didn't you want me to send you back home that day? I'm not sure, but later I think I saw you got into a yellow taxi, and it seems like you left on your own."

Thanks in advance.

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 05:18 AM

"Why didn't you want me to send you back home that day? I'm not sure, but later I think I saw you got into a yellow taxi, and it seems like you left on your own."

Thanks in advance.

Sorry my message is somewhat complicated. :)

technofreak
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM
meaning is why i call u, u never answer...if u dont answer how i can chop u more....u buy ticket for me to come and if possible send me cash for me to buy myself so that on the other hand i will also ask another guy to buy for me too...19th I will return but doesnt mean that i return i must company u.

Good work bro SG75...You never fail to amuse me with your peculiar way of interpretation...Kekeke ;)

Bro, something along this line....

1) I dare not think about u, because we r too different therefore I don’t think

2) I dun believe that u miss me, I will back to VN after 2 months staying here (I stay here till 2th then I go back VN)

3) Sometimes I feel depress inside, and you bring me arround play and that make me happier

4) When my sis brought home beer and drink, suddenly I think and miss you

Professor SG indeed!! Too chim for me too...:)

"Hen gap lai lan sao"

But what is "lan sao"

"lan sao" means next time...As for the translation, you may wish to consult our professor...:p

jackbl
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Let me help u with the simpler one.

LAN SAU should be Next time.

"Hen gap lai lan sao"

But what is "lan sao"

Thanks in advance.

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I would like to learn sweet and romantic phrase in viet bros~!

RJ2004
11-08-2008, 04:04 PM

why leh? you met some nice viet at royal huh? if not change from thai to viet? :p:D

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I met a cutie in J51, wearing glasses syt

why leh? you met some nice viet at royal huh? if not change from thai to viet? :p:D

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 04:25 PM
[COLOR="blue"]"lan sao" means next time...As for the translation, you may wish to consult our professor...:p

Thanks for your explanation :)

birdie8819
11-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Eh.... when you saw her ..... hehehehe.... I also saw one of the girl wearing specs last friday evening but never approach her . :p :D

naemlo
11-08-2008, 04:26 PM

I saw her b4.... :D

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Is she good?? She's quite shy..

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Thanks Jackbl.

But why say "Hen gap lai lan sao" when "Hen gap lai" will do? Perhaps it is just a matter of preference.

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I saw her on last tues.. Been to 51 everyday then after...

Eh.... when you saw her ..... hehehehe.... I also saw one of the girl wearing specs last friday evening but never approach her . :p :D

birdie8819
11-08-2008, 04:36 PM

Oh I see !!! So you kinda like dat place liao hor .... there're many more of these pubs along GL L42 and also one more at L28 ( more gals than J51 ) . :D

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Yup, there is mask 51 in 42, not bad too.. I like or not like, it depends on the environment and girls there.. U even better.. going to vietnam soon eh?

Oh I see !!! So you kinda like dat place liao hor .... there're many more of these pubs along GL L42 and also one more at L28 ( more gals than J51 ) . :D

RJ2004
11-08-2008, 04:49 PM

orh, i know who liao :D

birdie8819
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Yup, there is mask 51 in 42, not bad too.. I like or not like, it depends on the environment and girls there.. U even better.. going to vietnam soon eh?

Kekekeke.... wana join me . :p

naemlo
11-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Is she good?? She's quite shy..

Ya my friend.... shy sweet.... but not my type. :D

U r a dead meat now. :D

orh, i know who liao :D

Errrr u secretly went?? :eek:

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Bro SG, i dun know u so good in viet.... next time i see u i wan to speak with u in viet to improve my viet too. Thanks Professor!

For fark sake...I cant speak viet....Just happen to use/read/learn some of the words b4 so can help to translate abit...here abit there abit can make up a whole sentence liao....

But then now rusty liao becos dont need to use at all liao...alot words use b4 also forget liao and i am not professor....

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 05:39 PM

tai sao em ko muon anh dua em ve nha hom ay ?

Anh ko chac, nhung sau do anh nghi anh se cho gioi thieu cho em biet hang taxi vang va no giong nhu cai ma em dien ta

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 05:41 PM

think "anh muon lam tinh voi em" is the most sweet and romantic phrase....

or " anh muon cho em tien" is also very sweet and romantic to them....:p

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Is it my type? :D

Hakoshu
11-08-2008, 06:09 PM
wat does it means?

think "anh muon lam tinh voi em" is the most sweet and romantic phrase....

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
tai sao em ko muon anh dua em ve nha hom ay ?

Anh ko chac, nhung sau do anh nghi anh se cho gioi thieu cho em biet hang taxi vang va no giong nhu cai ma em dien ta

Wow. I admire your understanding of the Vietnamese language. *salute*

RJ2004
11-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Errrr u secretly went?? :eek:

me? want? there's no viet pubs in jc and gl combined that i can step in without a sms being sent out announcing my arrival leh; how to want? :confused::D

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
wat does it means?

It mean...I want make love with u......and....I want to give u money :D

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow. I admire your understanding of the Vietnamese language. *salute*

I write that sentence with some help... :D

Anyway read more viet sentence and ask around...try msg in viet on ur own...even wrong also nvm...sooner or later u can read most of their sms as well....their sms more the less the same...always talk about the same stuff...

naemlo
11-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Tien is the most beautiful woman in this world.

Is it my type?

Not yours. :D

me? want? there's no viet pubs in jc and gl combined that i can step in without a sms being sent out announcing my arrival leh; how to want?

So how u know this specky ger?

Darkstorm
11-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I write that sentence with some help... :D

Anyway read more viet sentence and ask around...try msg in viet on ur own...even wrong also nvm...sooner or later u can read most of their sms as well....their sms more the less the same...always talk about the same stuff...

Thanks anyway, and thanks for sharing your experience :)

Leeson
11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
So how u know this specky ger?

can see cannot touch mah :D

naemlo
12-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Which ger u fancy, we help u touch as usual. :D

Hakoshu
12-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Yup, she's a shy girl.. which needs alot of guidance from u seniors here

Darkstorm
12-08-2008, 04:56 AM

I have increased your points from 321 to 326. Sorry for the wait as there is a long queue in my points increase list. :)

Darkstorm
12-08-2008, 04:57 AM
For the rest on my points increase list, please wait as there is a queue. I will need time to increase your points.

jackbl
12-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Hmmmm.... i hope i can meet the specky gal and we 2 specky can tcss together, hihi... dun know whether she's my type.. very excited to see her. mb she can be my teacher or vice-versa

Yup, she's a shy girl.. which needs alot of guidance from u seniors here

RJ2004
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Which ger u fancy, we help u touch as usual. :D

i'll let you know when i see one, very long never see anything interesting already...

technofreak
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Hmmmm.... i hope i can meet the specky gal and we 2 specky can tcss together, hihi... dun know whether she's my type.. very excited to see her. mb she can be my teacher or vice-versa

So I see your fetish is on "specky babes"...:rolleyes:

Tien is the most beautiful woman in this world.

Yes indeed very romantic...My Looker's SYT rushed back to Lor28 in 15 mins time from Dragonfly when she heard the magic word "tien"...:rolleyes:

jackbl
13-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Just came across a site intro by bro AdGuy so wanted to post it for bro who just started to learn VIET:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.
Chào. (jow)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. (on the phone)
Á-lô. (AH-loh)
How are you? (Are you healthy?)
Khỏe không? (kweah kohng?)
Fine, thank you. (I am healthy, thank you.)
Khoẻ, cảm ơn. (kweah, gam uhhn)
What is your name? (formal, to an older man)
Ông tên là ǵ? (ohng theyn la yi)
What is your name? (formal, to an older woman)
Bà tên là ǵ? (ba theyn la yi)
What is your name? (very informal, to a man)
Anh tên là ǵ? (ayng theyn la yi)
What is your name? (very informal, to a woman)
Cô tên là ǵ? (goh theyn la yi)
My name is ______ .
Tôi tên là ______ . (Thoye theyn la _____ .)
Please.
Làm ơn cho tôi. (lam uhhn jaw thoye)
Thank you.
Cảm ơn. (gam uhhn)
You're welcome.
Không sao đâu. (kohng sao doh)
Yes.
Vâng (affirmative). (vuhng); Dạ (affirmative, respectful) (ya'a) ; Đúng (correct) (duhn)
No.
Không. (kohng)
I'm sorry.
Xin lỗi. (seen loh'EE)
Goodbye.
Chào. (jow)
I can't speak Vietnamese [well].
Tôi không biết nói tiếng Việt [giỏi lắm]. (thoy kohng bee-IT noh-Y thee-IHNG vee'it [yi-oh-i lahm])
Do you speak English?
Biết nói tiếng Anh không? (bee-IT noh-Y thee-IHNG ayng kohng)
Is there someone here who speaks English?
Có ai đây biết nói tiếng Anh không? (GAW ai dey bee-IT noh-Y thee-IHNG ayng kohng)
Help!
Cứu (tôi) với! (gih-OO (thoy) vuh-y!)
Look out!
Cẩn thận! (guhn tuh'n!)
I don't understand.
Tôi không hiểu. (thoy kohng hee-oh)
Where is the toilet?
Cầu tiêu ở đâu? (goh thee-oh uh duh-oh) (this phrase may be considered impolite)

KangTuo
13-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Bro, need help in translation again. cannot find in vdict.

Bo bian, recently hok up a gal who only know teing viet and she sms me alot of tieng viet too chim for me... anyway i take this as a lesson to improve further. heehee

she: A, jo e met trong nguoi wa ah. A di uong cafe ve nha chua ha

me: 10g a toi nha roi. A dang hoc tieng viet.

she: a hoc chi da lai day e day cho a hoc tieng viet a chiu on.

I cannot make out what is those highlighted in orange.

KangTuo
13-08-2008, 12:41 AM
For fark sake...I cant speak viet....Just happen to use/read/learn some of the words b4 so can help to translate abit...here abit there abit can make up a whole sentence liao....

But then now rusty liao becos dont need to use at all liao...alot words use b4 also forget liao and i am not professor....

bro thanks for the previous translation.... but hor, u learn/read from which book or where.... I learn quite abit but still cannot understand some wordings.

Especially those where 2 words or more make up a meaning. i.e khac roi, giu gin suc khow...

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:08 AM
My guess:
trong nguoi =within oneself.. this sentence means she is very tired inside the body

a hoc chi da lai day e day cho a hoc tieng viet a chiu on=wat u learn? bring here I teach you learn vietnamese, u accept?

she: A, jo e met trong nguoi wa ah. A di uong cafe ve nha chua ha

she: a hoc chi da lai day e day cho a hoc tieng viet a chiu on.

I cannot make out what is those highlighted in orange.

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:11 AM
NUMBERS
=======
Note: When giving your age, it is common to say just the digits, e.g., "three-one" instead of "thirty-one".
cê-rô (seh roh)/không
một (mo'oht)
hai (high)
ba (bah)
bốn (bone)
năm (numb)
sáu (sao)
bảy (buh-ee)
tám (thahm)
chín (jean)
mười (muh-uh-ee)
mười một (muh-uh-ee mo'oht)
mười hai (muh-uh-ee hai)
mười ba (muh-uh-ee bah)
mười bốn (muh-uh-ee bohn)
mười lăm (muh-uh-ee lahm)
mười sáu (muh-uh-ee sao)
mười bảy (muh-uh-ee buh-ee)
mười tám (muh-uh-ee thahm)
mười chín (muh-uh-ee jeen)
hai mươi (hai muh-uh-ee)
hai mươi mốt (hai muh-uh-ee moht)
hai mươi hai (hai muh-uh-ee hai)
hai mươi ba (hai muh-uh-ee bah)
ba mươi (bah muh-uh-ee)
bốn mươi (bohn muh-uh-ee)
năm mươi (nahm muh-uh-ee)
sáu mươi (sao muh-uh-ee)
bảy mươi (buh-ee muh-uh-ee)
tám mươi (thahm muh-uh-ee)
chín mươi (jeen muh-uh-ee)
một trăm (moht juhm)
hai trăm (hai juhm)
ba trăm (bah juhm)
một ngàn/ngh́n (mo'oht ngahn/ngeen)
hai ngàn/ngh́n (hai ngahn/ngeen)
một triệu (mo'oht chee'oh)
một tỹ/tỷ (mo'oht thee'ee)
một ngàn/ngh́n tỹ/tỷ
number _____ (train, bus, etc.)
số _____
half
nửa (neu-uh?)
less
ít hơn (eet huhhhn)
more
hơn (huhhhn), thêm (tehm)

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:13 AM
TIME
=====

now
bây giờ (bee yuh)
later
lát nữa (laht neu'uh)
before
trước (jyeuck)
morning
sáng (sahng)
afternoon
chiều (jee-oh)
evening, night
tối (thoh-ee), đêm (dehm)

Clock

one o'clock AM
một giờ sáng (moht yuh sahng)
two o'clock AM
hai giờ sáng (hai yuh sahng)
noon
trưa (jyeu-uh)
one o'clock PM
một giờ chiều (moht. yuh jee-oh)
two o'clock PM
hai giờ chiều (hai yuh jee-oh)
midnight
nửa đêm (neu-uh dehm)

Duration

_____ minute(s)
_____ phút (foodt)
_____ hour(s)
_____ tiếng (thee-uhng)
_____ day(s)
_____ ngày (ngai)
_____ week(s)
_____ tuần (thoo-uhn)
_____ month(s)
_____ tháng (tahng?)
_____ year(s)
_____ năm (nahm)

Days

today
hôm nay (home nye)
yesterday
hôm qua (hohm gwah)
tomorrow
mai (my)
this week
tuần nay (thoo-uhn nai)
last week
tuần qua (thoo-uhn gwah)
next week
tuần sau (thoo-uhn sao)
Note: the days of the week are simply numbered, with the exception of Sunday
Sunday
chủ nhật (joo nyuht.)
Monday
thứ hai (teu hai)
Tuesday
thứ ba (teu ba)
Wednesday
thứ tư (teu theu)
Thursday
thứ năm (teu nahm)
Friday
thứ sáu (teu sao)
Saturday
thứ bảy (teu buh-ee)

Months

Vietnamese does not have special names for each month. Instead, the months are simply numbered. Take the word tháng and add the month's number. For example:
March
tháng 3 / tháng ba (tahng ba)
Writing
Friday, December 17, 2004
Thứ sáu, ngày 17 tháng 12 năm 2004
12/17/2004 (mm/dd/yyyy)
17/12/2004 (dd/mm/yyyy)
2:36 AM
Hai giờ 36 giờ sáng
2:36 PM
Hai giờ 36 giờ chiều
Two in the morning
Hai giờ sáng
Two in the afternoon
Hai giờ chiều
Ten in the evening
Mười giờ đêm
Half past two
Hai giờ rưỡi
Noon
Trưa; 12 giờ trưa
Evening
Nửa đêm; 12 giờ đêm

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:18 AM
COLORS
======

When describing the color of an object, use the word below. When referring to the color itself, use mầu followed by the word below.
black
đen (Dan)
white
trắng (chahng)
gray
xám (sahm?)
red
đỏ
blue
xanh nước (sahyng neu-uhk)
yellow
vàng (vahng)
green
xanh (lá cây) (sahyng lah kay)
orange
cam (kahm)
purple
tím
brown
nâu (know)

Hurricane88
13-08-2008, 12:30 PM
-----
brown nâu (know)

Bro, thank you for sharing...please keep it coming my Vn teacher...:):)

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:47 PM
From here starts, there is no more english words guiding u how to pronounce it :( U have to seek your GAL's help to say it correctly :D

PROBLEMS
=======

Leave me alone.
Đừng làm phiền tôi.
Don't touch me!
Đừng đụng tôi!
I'll call the police.
Tôi xẽ gọi cảnh sát./Tôi xẽ gọi công an.
Police!
Công an!/Cảnh sát!
Stop! Thief!
Ngừng lại! Ăn trộm!
I need your help.
Cần (second person pronoun) giúp cho tôi.
It's an emergency.
Việc này khẩn cấp.
I'm lost.
Tôi bị lạc.
I lost my bag.
Tôi bị mất cái giỏ.
I lost my wallet.
Tôi bị mất cái ví.
I'm sick.
Tôi bị bệnh.
I've been injured.
Tôi đă bị thương.
I need a doctor.
Tôi cần một bác sĩ.
Can I use your phone?
Tôi dùng điện thoại của (second person pronoun) được không?

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Bus & Train

How much is a ticket to _____?
Một vé đến _____ là bao nhiêu?
One ticket to _____, please.
Xin cho tôi một vé đến _____.
Where does this train/bus go?
Tàu/xe này đi đâu?
Where is the train/bus to _____?
Tàu/xe đi đến _____ ở đâu?
Does this train/bus stop in _____?
Tàu/xe này có ngừng tại _____ không?
When does the train/bus for _____ leave?
Tàu/xe đi _____ chạy lúc nào?
When will this train/bus arrive in _____?
Khi nào tàu/xe này xẽ đến _____?

Directions

How do I get to _____ ?
Làm sao tôi đến _____ ?
...the train station?
...nhà ga?
...the bus station?
...trạm xe buưt?
...the airport?
...phi trường
...downtown?
...thành phố?
...the youth hostel?
...nhà trọ cho khách du lịch?
...the _____ hotel?
...khách sạn _____?
...the American/Canadian/Australian/British consulate?
...ṭa lănh sự Mỹ/Canada/Australia/Anh?
Where are there a lot of...
Nơi nào có nhiều...
...hotels?
...khách sạn?
...restaurants?
...nhà hàng?
...bars?
...quán rượu?
...sites to see?
...thắng cảnh?
Can you show me on the map?
Chỉ trên bản đồ cho tôi được không?
street
đường
Turn left.
Quẹo trái.
Turn right.
Quẹo phải.
left
trái
right
phải
straight ahead
trước mặt
towards the _____
tiến đến _____
past the _____
qua _____
before the _____
trước _____
Watch for the _____.
Canh chừng _____.
intersection
ngă ba/tư/năm/sáu/bảy (3/4/5/6/7-way intersection)
north
bắc
south
nam
east
đông
west
tây
uphill
lên dốc
downhill
xuống dốc

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:50 PM
LODGING
======

Do you have anything quieter?
Có pḥng nào yên hơn không?
...bigger?
...lớn hơn không?
...cleaner?
...sạch hơn không?
...cheaper?
...rẻ hơn không?
What time is breakfast/supper?
Buổi sáng/Buổi chiều mấy giờ?

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:51 PM
MONEY
=====

Do you accept American/Australian/Canadian dollars?
Nhận được đô la Mỹ/Úc/Canada không?
Do you accept British pounds?
Nhận được bảng Anh không?
Do you accept credit cards?
Nhận được tiền thẻ không?
What is the exchange rate?
Tỷ giá hối đoái mấy đồng?

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:52 PM
EATING
======

I'm a vegetarian.
Tôi ăn chay.
I don't eat pork.
Không ăn thịt heo.
I don't eat beef.
Không ăn thịt ḅ.
a la carte
gọi theo món
breakfast
buổi sáng
lunch
buổi trưa
tea (meal)
nước trà
supper
buổi chiều
I want _____.
Xin _____.
I want a dish containing _____.
Xin một đĩa có _____.
chicken
(thịt) gà
beef
(thịt) ḅ
fish
cá (gah)
ham
jambon (zhahm bawn)
sausage
xúc xích (sook seek)
cheese
phó mát (faw maht)
eggs
trứng (cheung)
salad
xà lách
(fresh) vegetables
rau (tươi) (rao theu-uh-ee)
(fresh) fruit
trái cây (tươi)
bread
bánh ḿ
toast
bánh ḿ nướng
noodles
ḿ (me)
rice (cooked; as a dish)
cơm (guhm)
rice (uncooked)
gạo (gah-ow)
beans (like mung beans)
đậu (duh-oh)
beans (like coffee beans)
hột (hoht)
May I have a glass of _____?
Xin một ly _____?
May I have a cup of _____?
Xin một ly _____?
May I have a bottle of _____?
Xin một chai _____?
coffee
cà phê (ga fey)
tea (drink)
nước trà (neu-uk chah)
_____ juice
nước _____ (neu-uk)
bubbly water
nước ngọt (neu-uk ngawt)
water
nước (neu-uk)
beer
rượu (rih-oh), bia (pronounce "beer" with a British accent)
red/white wine
rượu đỏ/trắng
May I have some _____?
Xin _____?
salt
muối (moo-ee?)
black pepper
hạt tiêu (haht. thee-oh)
butter
bơ (buh)
Excuse me, waiter? (getting attention of server)
Anh anh! Làm ơn...
I'm finished.
Xong rồi. (sah-ohng roh-ee)
It was delicious.
Ngon lắm. (ngawn lahm)

jackbl
13-08-2008, 01:53 PM
BARS
====

Do you serve alcohol?
Có rượu ở đây không?
A beer/two beers, please.
Xin một/hai ly rượu.
A glass of red/white wine, please.
Xin một ly rượu đỏ/trắng.
A bottle, please.
Xin một chai.
water
nước (neu-uhck)
soda pop
nước ngọt (neu-uhck ngawt)
orange juice
nước cam (neu-uhck gam)
Coke (soda)
Côcá-Côla (koh-kah koh-la)
One more, please.
Xin một ly/chai nữa.
When is closing time?
Bao giờ đóng cửa?

ramses2410
13-08-2008, 02:17 PM
:D hahaha so fun (vui nhi)

Sha_Gua75
13-08-2008, 05:46 PM
bro thanks for the previous translation.... but hor, u learn/read from which book or where.... I learn quite abit but still cannot understand some wordings.

Especially those where 2 words or more make up a meaning. i.e khac roi, giu gin suc khow...

ask or find from dictionary...then remember by heart...
btw Jackbl already translate for u those words in orange u doesnt know. meaning around there. But then I also asked "someone", she mention that the girl must be from countryside as no one speak that way...some words is redudant and wrong spelling

jackbl
13-08-2008, 10:41 PM
SHOPPING
========

How much (money) is this?
Bao nhiêu (tiền)? (bahw nyee-oh thee-uhn)
That's too expensive.
Đắt quá.
Would you take _____?
Lấy _____ được không? (ley _____ deu'uhk kohng)
expensive
đắt (dah!)
cheap
rẻ (reah...uh)
I can't afford it.
Tôi không có đủ tiền mua.
I don't want it.
Tôi không muốn. (thoh-ee kohng moo-uhn)
Can I have a bag?
Có bao không? (kaw bahw kohng)
Do you ship (overseas)?
Có thể gởi đồ (ngoài nước) không?
I need...
Tôi cần... (thoh-ee cuhn)
...toothpaste.
...kem đánh răng. (keahm dayng rahng)
...a toothbrush.
...bàn chải đánh răng.
...soap.
...xà bông. (sah bohng)
...shampoo.
...dầu gội.
...pain reliever. (e.g., aspirin or ibuprofen)
...thuốc giảm đau.
...cold medicine.
...thuốc cảm.
...stomach medicine.
...thuốc đau bụng.
...a razor.
...dao cạo râu. (yahw kah'oh ruh-oo)
...an umbrella.
...dù. (you)
...a postcard.
...bưu thiếp.
...postage stamps.
...tem. (tham)
...batteries.
...pin. (bean)
...writing paper.
...giấy. (yay)
...a pen.
...bút mực. (boot)
...a pencil.
...bút ch́. (boot chee)
...English-language books.
...sách Anh ngữ.
...English-language magazines.
...tạp chí Anh ngữ. (thuh'p chee ayng-eu'eu)
...an English-language newspaper.
...báo Anh ngữ. (bahw ayng-eu'eu)
...an English-English dictionary.
...từ điển Anh-Anh. (theu dee-n ayng-ayng)

jackbl
13-08-2008, 10:42 PM
DRIVING
======

I want to rent a car.
Tôi muốn mượn xe. (thoh-ee moo-uhn meu'n seah)
Can I get insurance?
Có bảo hiểm cho tôi không?
stop (on a street sign)
ngừng
one way
một chiều
no parking
đừng đậu xe
gas (petrol) station
cây xăng (keh-ee sahng!)
petrol
xăng (sahng)

jackbl
13-08-2008, 10:43 PM
AUTHORITY
========

I haven't done anything wrong.
Tôi chưa phạm pháp.
It was a misunderstanding.
Chỉ là hiểu lầm thôi.
Where are you taking me?
Ông đang dẫn tôi đi đâu?
Am I under arrest?
Có phải tôi bị bắt giữ?
I am an American/Australian/British/Canadian citizen.
Tôi là công dân Mỹ/Australia/Anh/Canada.
I want to talk to the (American/Australian/British/Canadian) (embassy/consulate).
Tôi cần phải nói chuyện với (đại sứ quán/lănh sự) (Mỹ/Australia/Anh/Canada).
I want to talk to a lawyer.
Tôi muốn nói chuyện với luật sư.
Can I just pay a fine now?
Tôi chỉ trả tiền phạt thôi được không?

ekemono
13-08-2008, 10:56 PM
just found something on the net offering free basic vietnamese language training download programs.
I have tested it, no spyware or virus of any sort.
The training is based on flashcard with assisted pronociation.

Quite good to start off with but dun expect words of i love u, do you want to go hotel?? :D

Screen shot:
http://i38.tinypic.com/a9mdyu.jpg

Download:
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and 60 other languages with BYKI software. (http://www.byki.com/)

they will send a comfirmation download to a valid email address. No spam

Hurricane88
14-08-2008, 10:28 PM
just found something on the net offering free basic vietnamese language training download programs.
I have tested it, no spyware or virus of any sort.
The training is based on flashcard with assisted pronociation.

Quite good to start off with but dun expect words of i love u, do you want to go hotel?? :D

Screen shot:
http://i38.tinypic.com/a9mdyu.jpg

Download:
Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German and 60 other languages with BYKI software. (http://www.byki.com/)

they will send a comfirmation download to a valid email address. No spam

Dun seem to work lei.....i shall try again..

ekemono
14-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Dun seem to work lei.....i shall try again..

can work lei.

In fact after you enter a valid email address, they will take you to the next page where you can click on the link to download a small applet. Just remember to choose the correct link of Window or Mac.

This small applet (something like installing Java runtime) when launch will help you to download the list of vietnamese language modules.

Pls try again

jackbl
15-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Some info of Vietnamese language:

Vietnamese (tiếng Việt, or less commonly Việt ngữ), formerly known under the French colonization as Annamite (see Annam) is the national and official language of Vietnam. It is the mother tongue of the Vietnamese people (người Việt or người Kinh), who constitute between 88% and 90% of Vietnam's population and of about three million overseas Vietnamese, including more than a million individuals of Vietnamese heritage in the United States. It is also spoken as a second language by some ethnic minorities of Vietnam. It is part of the Austroasiatic language family, of which it has the most speakers by a significant margin (three to four times the number of speakers of Khmer, the second most spoken Austroasiatic language). However, it contains much vocabulary borrowed from Chinese and was originally written using the Chinese writing system. The predominant Vietnamese writing system in use today is an adapted version of the Latin alphabet, though the Chu Nom system, based on Chinese characters, was also formerly employed.

jackbl
16-08-2008, 10:04 AM
As the national language of the majority ethnic group, Vietnamese is spoken throughout Vietnam by the Vietnamese people as well as by ethnic minorities. It is also spoken in overseas Vietnamese communities, most notably in the United States, where it has more than one million speakers and is the seventh most-spoken language.
According to the Ethnologue, Vietnamese is also spoken in Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Côte d'Ivoire, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Laos, Martinique, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Senegal, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Vanuatu.

Official Status
==========

While spoken for millennia, Vietnamese did not officially become the literatural official language of Vietnam until the 20th century. For most of its history, the entity now known as Vietnam used Chinese for administration. Vietnamese in the form of chữ nôm was used for administrative purposes during the brief Tay Son Dynasty. During French colonialism, French superseded Chinese in administration. It wasn't until independence from France that Vietnamese was used officially. It is the language of instruction in schools and universities and is the language for official businesses.

jackbl
17-08-2008, 02:52 PM
CLASSIFICATION
============

Vietnamese is generally said to be part of the Viet-Muong (or Vietic) grouping of the Mon-Khmer branch of the Austroasiatic language family, a family that also includes Khmer, spoken in Cambodia, as well as various tribal and regional languages, such as the Munda languages, spoken in northeastern India, and others in southern China. Other linguists believe that Viet-Muong is a language isolate.

jackbl
17-08-2008, 02:54 PM
HISTORY
=======

It seems likely that in the distant past Vietnamese shared more characteristics common to other languages in the Austroasiatic family, such as an inflectional morphology and a richer set of consonant clusters, which have subsequently disappeared from the language. However, Vietnamese appears to have been heavily influenced by its location in the Southeast Asian sprachbund—with the result that it has acquired or converged toward characteristics such as isolating morphology and tonogenesis. These characteristics, which may or may not have been part of proto-Austroasiatic, nonetheless have become part of many of the philologically unrelated languages of Southeast Asia—for example, Thai (one of the Tai-Kadai languages), Tsat (a member of the Malayo-Polynesian group within Austronesian), and Vietnamese each developed tones as a phonemic feature, although their respective ancestral languages were not originally tonal.
The Vietnamese language has similarities with Cantonese in regard to the specific intonations and unreleased plosive consonant endings, a legacy of archaic Chinese that can also be found in Korean.

The ancestor of the Vietnamese language was originally based in the area of the Red River in what is now northern Vietnam, and during the subsequent expansion of the Vietnamese language and people into what is now central and southern Vietnam (through conquest of the ancient nation of Champa and the Khmer people of the Mekong delta in the vicinity of present-day Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City), Vietnamese was linguistically influenced primarily by Indic and Malayo-Polynesian languages at first, until Chinese came to predominate politically toward the middle of the first millennium C.E.

With the rise of Chinese political dominance came radical importation of Chinese vocabulary and grammatical influence. As Chinese was, for a prolonged period, the only medium of literature and government, as well as the primary language of the ruling class in Vietnam, much of the Vietnamese lexicon in all realms consists of Hán Việt (Sino-Vietnamese) words. In fact, as the vernacular language of Vietnam gradually grew in prestige toward the beginning of the second millennium, the Vietnamese language was written using Chinese characters (see Chu Nom) adapted to write Vietnamese, in a similar pattern as used in Japan (see kanji), Korea and other countries in the Chinese cultural sphere. The Nôm writing reached its zenith in the 18th century when many Vietnamese writers and poets composed their works in Chữ Nôm, most notably Nguyễn Du and Hồ Xuân Hương (dubbed "the Queen of Nôm poetry").

As contact with the West grew, the Quốc Ngữ system of Romanized writing was developed in the 17th century by Portuguese and other Europeans involved in proselytizing and trade in Vietnam. When France invaded Vietnam in the late 19th century, French gradually replaced Chinese as the official language in education and government. Vietnamese adopted many French terms, such as đầm (dame, from madame), ga (train station, from gare), and va-li (valise). In addition, many Sino-Vietnamese terms were devised for Western ideas imported through the French. However, the Romanized script did not come to predominate until the beginning of the 20th century, when education became widespread and a simpler writing system was found more expedient for teaching and communication with the general population.

jackbl
17-08-2008, 02:58 PM
GRAMMER
========
Vietnamese, like many languages in Southeast Asia and Chinese, is an analytic (or isolating) language. As such its grammar highly relies on word order and sentence structure rather than morphology (word changes through inflection). While most European languages would use morphology to express tense Vietnamese uses grammatical particles or syntactic constructions.
Vietnamese is often erroneously considered to be a "monosyllabic" language. It is true that Vietnamese has many words that consist of only one syllable; however, most words are indeed bi-syllabic. This is largely because of the many reduplication words that appear in household vocabulary, or adjectives.

Vietnamese syntax conforms to the Subject Verb Object word order.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:09 PM
TENSE
======

Although it is not usually required, past tense is indicated by adding the particle đă, present progressive tense by the particle đang, and future tense is indicated by the particle sẽ.

Topic Comment Structure
=================

The topic-comment structure is an important sentence type in Vietnamese. Therefore Vietnamese has often been claimed to be a topic-prominent language (Thompson 1991). As an example the sentence "tôi đọc sách này rồi" can be transformed into the following topic prominent equivalent.

Sách này th́ tôi đọc rồi.
book this (TOPICMARKER) I read already
I already read this book.

PLURAL
=====

Although it is not usually required, the plural may be indicated by particles like những, các, chúng.

CLASSIFIERS
=========

Vietnamese extensively uses a system of classifiers to indicate word classes of nouns. English classifiers, for example, may be (highlighted in bold) one head of cattle or three pieces of cheese. Vietnamese's system and usage of classifiers are similar to Chinese and are more variable than English. Among the most common classifiers are:

~ cái : used for most inanimate objects;
~ con: usually for animals, but can be used to describe some inanimate objects (con dao = knife, con đường = street, con vít = screw)
~ bài: used for compositions like songs, drawings, poems, essays, etc.
~ cây: used for stick-like objects (plants, guns, canes, etc.)
~ chiếc: objects that are worn or moved by people (chairs, cars, ear rings, ships, shirts, shoes)
~ ṭa: buildings of authority: courts, halls, "ivory towers".
~ quả/trái: used for globular objects (the Earth, fruits)
~ quyển/cuốn: used for book-like objects (books, journals, etc.)
~ tờ: sheets and other thin objects made of paper (newspaper, paper, calendar etc.)
~ việc: an event or an ongoing process

The classifier cái has a special role in that it can extend all other classifiers, e.g. cái con, cái chiếc.

-----------------------------------------

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:10 PM
PRONOUNS
===========

Vietnamese pronouns are more accurately forms of address. Its concept is different from that in European languages, so its forms of address do not neatly fall into the grammatical person classifications created by European grammarians. For example, the same word can be used as a first-, second-, or third-person pronoun, depending on the speaker and the audience. The sentence:

Ông đi về nhà.
Grandfather go return home.

can be translated as:

~ I (your grandfather) go home.
~ You (old man/my grandfather) go home.
~ He (the old man) goes home.

The most common forms of address are kinship terms, which might differ slightly in different regions. Most of them derived from Chinese loanwords, but have acquired the additional grammatical function of being pronouns over the years.

When addressing an audience, the speaker must carefully assess the social relationship between him/her and the audience, difference in age, and sex of the audience to choose an appropriate form of address. The following are some kinship terms of address that can be used in the second-person sense (you). They all can also be used in the first-person sense (I), but if they're not marked by (S) the usage is limited to the literal meaning:

~ Ông: grandfather, used as a term of respect for a man senior to the speaker and who is late middle age or older
~ Bà: grandmother, used as a term of respect for a (usually married) woman senior to the speaker and who is late middle age or older
~ Cô: father's sister, used to address a younger woman or a woman as old as one's father.
~ Chú: father's younger brother, used to address a younger man or a man slightly younger than one's father.
~ Bác: father's older brother, used to address a man slightly older than one's father.
~ Anh: older brother, for a slightly older man, or for the man in a romantic relationship. (S)
~ Chị: older sister, for a slightly older woman. (S)
~ Em: younger sibling, for a slightly younger person, or for the woman in a romantic relationship. (S)

Other pronouns in use for the most part conform to the European idea of grammatical person. Some are even gender-neutral and relationship-neutral:

~ Tôi: I, (literally servant)
~ Hắn: pejorative he
~ Ông ta/Ông ấy: he (see above)
~ Bà ta/Bà ấy: she (see above)
~ Cô ta/Cô ấy: she (see above)
~ Anh ta/Anh ấy: he (see above)
~ Họ: they
~ Nó: it (also he or she, when referring to a subordinate; perhaps also pejorative)
~ Chúng ta: we (including audience)
~ Chúng tôi: formal I, we (excluding audience)
~ Chúng nó: they (pejorative)
~ Bả: colloquial, she
~ Mày: you singular (to subordinates, or extremely informal)
~ Quư vị: you (formal)
~ Bạn: friend, you

----------------------------

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:12 PM
REDUPLICATION
=============

Reduplication (từ láy) is found abundantly in Vietnamese. They are formed by repeating a part of a word to form new words, altering the meaning of the original word. Its effect is to sometimes either increase or decrease the intensity of the adjective, and is often used as a literary device (like alliteration) in poetry and other compositions, as well as in everyday speech.

Examples of reduplication increasing intensity:

~ đau → đau điếng: hurt → hurt like hell
~ mạnh → mạnh mẽ: strong → very strong
~ rực → rực rỡ: flaring → blazing

Examples of reduplication decreasing intensity:

~ nhẹ → nhè nhẹ: soft → soft (less)
~ xinh → xinh xinh: pretty → cute
~ đỏ → đo đỏ: red → somewhat red
~ xanh → xanh xanh: blue/green → somewhat blue/green

Reduplication of this type, indicating diminished intensity, is also present in Mandarin Chinese.

A type of assimilation known as tonal harmony is involved in Vietnamese reduplication.

-------------------------------

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:16 PM
VOWELS
========

a
like 'a' in "father": ba
ă
like 'a' in "father", except said very quickly: chăn
â
like 'u' in "hut", except shorter: sân
e
like 'eah' in "yeah": che
ê
like the Canadian English "eh": cà phê
i
like 'ee' in "see" or "deed": pin
o
like "awwwww...", but not quite as long: lư do
ô
like the first component of the diphthong 'ow' in "low": á-lô
ơ
like â, except longer: bơ
u
like 'oo' in "hoop": Na Uy
ư
like 'oo' in "book", with a hint of the 'i' in "lick": thư

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Consonants
==============

b
like 'b' in "bed"
c
like 'c' in "cat", with a hint of the 'g' in "gone"
d
in the South (Saigon), like 'y' in "yes"; in the North (Hanoi), like 'z' in "zip"
đ
like 'd' in "dog"
g
like 'g' in "go"
h
like 'h' in "help"
k
like 'c' in "cat", with a hint of the 'g' in "gone"
l
like 'l' in "love" -Used only at the beginning of a syllable
m
like 'm' in "mother"
n
like 'n' in "nice"
p
like 'p' in "pig" - Used only at the end of a syllable
r
like 'r' in "row", or like 'tt' in "butter" (when said quickly in the American accent)
s
like 'ss' in "hiss"
t
like 't' in "time"
v
like 'v' in "victory"
x
like 's' in "kicks"
y
like 'y' in "yes"
=====================

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Diphthongs
=========

ch
at the beginning of a syllable, like 'ch' in "touch"; at the end, like 'ck' in "sick" (but it is never enunciated)
gh
like 'g' in "go"
kh
like 'c' in "cat"
ng, ngh
like 'ng' in "sing-along"
ph
like 'ph' in "phone"
th
like 't' in "time" - Used only at the beginning of a syllable.
tr
like 'ch' in "chat" - Used only at the beginning of a syllable.
gi
in the South (Saigon), like 'y' in "yes"; in the North (Hanoi), like 'z' in "zip"
qu
like 'qu' in "quest"
uy
like 'w' in "win"

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:30 PM
TONES
=====

In Vietnamese, syllables can have six different tones, with five of them indicated by tone marks applied to the syllable's main vowel. Tone marks can be combined with the other diacritics.
a
flat
á
high rising; example: đấy, like saying "day?"
à
low
ă
creaky

falling, then rising

a low "a'ah"

KangTuo
17-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Examples of reduplication increasing intensity:

~ đau → đau điếng: hurt → hurt like hell
~ mạnh → mạnh mẽ: strong → very strong
~ rực → rực rỡ: flaring → blazing

-------------------------------

I like these words... can use this in vn pub.

gal: a muon di khach san kg?
me: cu cua a manh me, a se lam cho chim e dau dieng, e chiu kg?

jackbl
17-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Bro, i think u use this better:

me: cu cua a manh me, a se lam cho chim e sướng quá, e chiu kg?

sướng quá=very happy, elated

jackbl
17-08-2008, 04:00 PM
After pub, where you go nowadays? :D Previously heard u bring the gal to the beach...

KangTuo
17-08-2008, 04:15 PM
After pub, where you go nowadays? :D Previously heard u bring the gal to the beach...

Recently never go drink in pub. But somtimes I will fetch the gal to the beach after she finish work.

You still go majesty recently? take care my gal ok? :D

jackbl
17-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes, i still go HER MAJESTY. Last thursday I go at 10pm, there are not many customers... The gals seems like "line-up" a parade for you to choose. At least got 20 gals... If chin chai, sure can find 1 gal.

Can should I "take care" of her? Intro her customers or ask me to sit with her?

Recently never go drink in pub. But somtimes I will fetch the gal to the beach after she finish work.

You still go majesty recently? take care my gal ok? :D

RJ2004
18-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Yes, i still go HER MAJESTY. Last thursday I go at 10pm, there are not many customers... The gals seems like "line-up" a parade for you to choose. At least got 20 gals... If chin chai, sure can find 1 gal.

Can should I "take care" of her? Intro her customers or ask me to sit with her?

wah i havent been to her majesty before leh, who wanna bring me? :D

Spud_Boy
18-08-2008, 12:45 PM
wah i havent been to her majesty before leh, who wanna bring me? :D

Her Majesty's room kinda small leh.. as compared to Afterdark, which i think is by the same boss..

u3ishingu
18-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Bros nid help on this msg:

Bx cung giong nhau nho ox. bx di lam kg dc buon qua.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.

KangTuo
18-08-2008, 01:51 PM

Thanks and cheers.

Direct translation:
Wife also same same missing husband. I go work cannot. very sad.

Meaning:
I also miss you. I work but unable to earn money. I am very sad/boring.

Honey Boon
18-08-2008, 05:09 PM
haha, message is very clear liao .... :D

Direct translation:

Meaning:

KangTuo
18-08-2008, 08:10 PM
haha, message is very clear liao .... :D

Yes. If bro Sha_Gua is to translate it, it will be

I miss your $. I don't want to work. come and give me your $ to make me happy. :D

Honey Boon
19-08-2008, 10:55 AM
in short .... NO MONEY NO LOVE :D

I miss your $. I don't want to work. come and give me your $ to make me happy. :D

Sha_Gua75
19-08-2008, 09:49 PM

No No... :D

I also miss u like u miss me....but I also need to miss alot of other ox....I cannot go work becos I am lazy....very sad no money....pls give me some money to make me happy...but the more the merrier....abit also nvm becos there is many other ox who miss me will give me money too

Hurricane88
19-08-2008, 09:55 PM

I also miss u like u miss me....but I also need to miss alot of other ox....I cannot go work becos I am lazy....very sad no money....pls give me some money to make me happy...but the more the merrier....abit also nvm becos there is many other ox who miss me will give me money too

Bro, your translation was excellent...

Honey Boon
20-08-2008, 02:25 PM
bro, you just know the viet girls too well liao ..... :p

Hurricane88
20-08-2008, 09:31 PM
bro, you just know the viet girls too well liao ..... :p

Bro, Sha Gua is a master in this area...hahaha:)

W810
21-08-2008, 01:10 AM
any kind bros can translate 'dear' in viet mah? thanx

jackbl
21-08-2008, 02:58 AM
Overseas Vietnamese, workers send more money home

Vietnamese guest workers at HCMC’s Tan Son Nhat Airport before flying to their work destinations.
Vietnamese guest workers are going out in increasing numbers while “Viet kieu” are sending more money to invest in business.

As more Vietnamese go abroad to work, the inflow of remittances through money transfer companies and banks has jumped.

Tran Van Trung, director of Dong A Money Transfer Company, said Southeast Asia and the Middle East have emerged as the hotspots with remittances sent to Vietnam increasing sharply.

Nguyen Thu Ha, deputy general director of Vietnam Commercial Bank (VCB), said most of the money used to come from the US, Australia and Europe but now Vietnamese guest workers in Asia and the Middle East are also sending a lot of money home.

Moreover, she said, overseas Vietnamese now send money not only to their family but also to invest in business.

Dong A Money Transfer Company received remittances of US$631 million in the first half.

The company expects the whole year figure to be $1.2 billion, a 20 percent rise year-on-year.

Sai Gon Thuong Tin Bank and VCB reported remittances of $420 million and $730 million respectively.

Asia Commercial Bank reported a 125 percent increase.

Many money transfer companies and banks in Vietnam now consider guest workers going to Asia and the Middle East their target customers.

Some try to contact them before they leave, while others attract customers by offering to lend money for their flight tickets.

Some even accompany art troupes going abroad to perform for Vietnamese workers so that they can promote their services at the shows.

For the companies, patience is the key factor in persuading the workers to use their services.

Vietnamese guest workers in Malaysia, for instance, often send money home through global companies like Western Union and MoneyGram.

Vietnamese-based money transfer companies, therefore, have to spend a whole week in Malaysia to market their services to them.

Tran Van Trung, deputy director of Dong A Money Transfer Company, said in the Middle East his agency faces tough competition from foreign companies.

Last month Dong A Bank tied up with the US-based MoneyGram International to launch a free additional service under which remittances will be delivered directly to the receivers’ homes.

With more than 3 million overseas Vietnamese living around the world, Vietnam is now a promising remittance market, Nick Cunnew, MoneyGram’s senior regional director for Asia Pacific and South Asia, said.

According to the Overseas Labor Management Bureau, more than 43,000 guest workers went abroad in the first half of the year.

Source: TN, TT

v.killers
21-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Direct translation:

Meaning:

Em oi, you very "ENG" come here and translate for other ppl hor :D

v.killers
21-08-2008, 06:20 AM

Thanks and cheers.

I think you should msg her:-

Bx oi, ox nho bx nhieu lam
bay gio ox kg co tieng cho em, buon lam, em co gang lam viec kiem tien cho anh dc kg? :D

Joking joking ^_^

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Em oi, you very "ENG" come here and translate for other ppl hor :D

Too long never go JC/GL practice my teing Viet. So come here to learn from Jackbl posting and help ppl a little. :D

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 09:11 AM

bay gio ox kg co tieng cho em, buon lam, em co gang lam viec kiem tien cho anh dc kg? :D

Joking joking ^_^

You also very 'ENG'. come here tell ppl how to reply sms. :p

technofreak
21-08-2008, 10:51 AM
any kind bros can translate 'dear' in viet mah? thanx

Minh oi / Cuc cung...;)

bay gio ox kg co tieng cho em, buon lam, em co gang lam viec kiem tien cho anh dc kg?

Muahahaha...Good one. See your reply I laugh till stomachache...:p

jackbl
21-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Is it cực cưng ?

Minh oi / Cuc cung...;)

jackbl
21-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Yesterd i passby 15 and saw ur gal. at that time was around 10+. she said no customer, she went back at 11 :(

Those posting i pasted was very formal type of language. even u learn it u must also practise how to speak/pronounce correctly. The best place for u to practise is HM.... Surprisingly ur gal can speak a little english/mandarin. all the while i thot she dun know. mb she learnt it these few weeks. So when u goin there again?

Too long never go JC/GL practice my teing Viet. So come here to learn from Jackbl posting and help ppl a little. :D

jackbl
21-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Was told by her fren that she asked 1 sgp man to help buy 3 air tickets but he disappeared after collecting the $$$ :mad:

Yesterd i passby 15 and saw ur gal. at that time was around 10+. she said no customer, she went back at 11 :(

RJ2004
21-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Was told by her fren that she asked 1 sgp man to help buy 3 air tickets but he disappeared after collecting the $$$ :mad:

it wasnt me! :p
still got girl so stupid one ah....

jackbl
21-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Studying to get ahead
====================
In Vietnam’s big cities, parents tend to force their young children to study hard, believing a good education is the key to a bright future. In Vietnam, a good education is seen as the best way out of poverty, but corresponding pressure places great strain on young students.

A usual working day for 7-year-old Bui Nhat Quang starts at 7 a.m. at a school in the capital, and ends when his extra tuition finishes at about 9.30 p.m. On the weekends, he is lining up for more.

English classes and a training course on communication development demand most of his free time.

“A good education is very important, because it will help them have better future,” said Quang’s mother, Ho Thi Anh Thu, a banking employee in Hanoi.

Thu is far from alone in being the only parent to fill her child’s every passing hour with study and more study. Many school children have virtually no leisure time, even during summer holidays.

“Vietnamese children are suffering from an overload of education. And their study, from pre-school level to higher education level, is focusing more on theory than practice,” said Nguyen Trong An, Vice Director of the Children Care Department under the National Committee for Population, Family and Children.

In the bigger cities, it is common for children to be caught up in an endless race of extra study sessions, math and foreign languages, music lessons, and late-night homework. Many have to study 6-8 hours, or even 10 hours a day, longer than their parents’ work day.

Meanwhile, many families in rural areas think that education can help their children escape from hard work in paddy fields to move to a glittering future of service-sector jobs and modern domestic devices at home.

“Professionals want their kids to become doctors and engineers. I also want my children to have a better life. A good education can help them to do this,” said farmer Nguyen Chi Khiem from the Hanoian suburb district of Thuong Tin.

Eager to jump-start their lives, many Vietnamese parents begin the process at an early age.

Nguyen Dinh Huong is one such parent. He has sent his 5-year-old daughter to the Apollo English Center in Hanoi with hope that she can master the foreign language, being considered a necessary factor to seek a well-paid job in modern society, despite the child’s objections.

“I don’t like English. I understand nothing,” Huong’s daughter said, as she was playing truant just after her father dropped her off.

But as classes mount up so do the abilities of the children. Classes in reading, math and dictation during pre-school have ratcheted up their reading, writing, and math.

“Hang can do rapid calculations in her head,” her grand farther said. “In my generation, few 5-year-old children knew how to read or do basic arithmetic.”

With goals of wealth in mind, many people in the country, where average annual income is less than US$1,000, are not averse to dropping $200 a month on sending their children to international schools.

Society sees a bigger need for development, so the bigger demand for higher education is quite common,” said psychologist, Dr. Nguyen Cong Khanh, from the Hanoi University of Education.

In addition to considering education a primary driver of upward mobility, kids’ study results are a source of pride for parents. If kids go to universities or become top performers in class, parents take the opportunity to call out other parents for their lack of parental success.

Study burden on children is also contributed to by “heavy” academic programs, said teacher Nguyen Hoang Lan from Hanoi-based secondary school Chu Van An.

“Overloads can cause psychological burdens on children, such as anorexia and insomnia, and mental disorders, which can lead to depression, and even suicide,” An warned.

Children need to have study programs suitable for their age and health, and time for play.

“We should have balance between children’s study, play and social exchanges,” Khanh said.

However, most children in the cities have very few opportunities to access the programs, activities and facilities that their Western counterparts enjoy. Most turn to TV or computer games for solace, An said.

Heeding the call, Vietnam is now aiming to ensure 70 percent of its communes have entertainment areas for children by 2010. A big bump from the current 30-40 percent, he said.

Vietnamese are striving for a better life with a the right outlook on education and entertainment. However, for this generation of students at least, changing the traditional views on education may take too long.

Reported by Bao Anh

KangTuo
21-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Those posting i pasted was very formal type of language. even u learn it u must also practise how to speak/pronounce correctly. The best place for u to practise is HM.... Surprisingly ur gal can speak a little english/mandarin. all the while i thot she dun know. mb she learnt it these few weeks. So when u goin there again?

yesterday i suppose to see her, but I was too tired. Dunno that she go back so early. 6 dya no meet her liao.. maybe tonight suprse her by turning up to fetch her.

She seldom or do not really like to speak in English/Madarin... only speak to me in Vietnamese. I dun mind as its a way for me to improve. Actually she is accurate in her pronunciation in english. Not like other glas.

Maybe she shy to speak up only... or act blur so that she know what ppl talking.