PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

VietnamLover
21-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Hay qua! Toi la nguoi Singapore va da hoc Tieng Viet lau roi tu nam 2004. Toi da xao va yeu nhieu nhieu phu nu roi nhung toi van ko phai nguoi dan choi. Hihihi! :D

v.killers
21-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Anh k biet lam tinh k sao. Anh biet DU la dc roi
con lừa con trinh?
Anh viet nhu vay, em biet la ai roi

Troi oi la troi....Du cai gi ma du.....Bo tay a luon !! em kg tot:(

v.killers
21-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Xin loi anh. Thu7 em ko ranh

Kg ranh thi thoi....:D gian e luon :mad:

v.killers
21-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Hay qua! Toi la nguoi Singapore va da hoc Tieng Viet lau roi tu nam 2004. Toi da xao va yeu nhieu nhieu phu nu roi nhung toi van ko phai nguoi dan choi. Hihihi! :D

Troi oi, Toi tot hon...chi yeu va xao phu nu it thoi...:D

jackbl
21-07-2010, 11:55 PM
nhung toi van ko phai nguoi dan choi. Hihihi! :D

Ban oi, co the giai thich 2 chu o tren cho toi k? Cam on ;)

AdGuy
22-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Kg ranh thi thoi....:D gian e luon :mad:

Troi oi... Ban da quen qua nhieu con gai vn roi. Boi vay ban viec giong con gai vn. Hihi

AdGuy
22-07-2010, 02:19 AM
K fai! Tai vi toi keu tat ca nguoi biet noi TV, viet/noi TV o day nhu vay minh se dc tap TV. Toi cung k biet nhieu lam. Neu ban thay toi co gi sai, ban co the chi toi nha! Cam on ban :)

Neu a noi la ko biet nhieu lam, o day ko co ai dam noi biet tv nhieu.

jackbl
22-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Hay qua! Toi la nguoi Singapore va da hoc Tieng Viet lau roi tu nam 2004.

Neu a noi la ko biet nhieu lam, o day ko co ai dam noi biet tv nhieu.

Ban sai roi! Thay chua?! Con nhieu nguoi vi du SS08, VK, Carrot007, KT, cung biet TV nhieu. :)

O day cung co nhieu hoi vien la nguoi VN luon, nhung ma ho k co "post" nhieu....

VietnamLover
22-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Ban oi, co the giai thich 2 chu o tren cho toi k? Cam on ;)

nguoi dan choi means playboy.

jackbl
22-07-2010, 02:14 PM
nguoi dan choi means playboy.

No co phai cung la PlayGirl k?

VietnamLover
22-07-2010, 02:27 PM
No co phai cung la PlayGirl k?

PlayBoy = nguoi dan choi.
PlayGirl = nguoi gai choi.

zhu star
22-07-2010, 04:55 PM
All the 'high hand' conversation. I better siam from this thread:confused::confused::confused::confused:

v.killers
22-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Troi oi... Ban da quen qua nhieu con gai vn roi. Boi vay ban viec giong con gai vn. Hihi

Hjhj....dau co dau...a chi choc ban a thoi ma:p

Honey Boon
23-07-2010, 12:21 AM
ya, let's go to another thread for beginner :D

All the 'high hand' conversation. I better siam from this thread:::confused::confused:

AdGuy
23-07-2010, 01:06 AM
We are all beginners here.

Only Jackbl and a few others are teachers.

jackbl
23-07-2010, 01:33 AM
PlayBoy = nguoi dan choi.
PlayGirl = nguoi gai choi.

Tai sao TV kho lam???

dan=male???

jackbl
23-07-2010, 01:34 AM

Xao nhieu nhieu!

v.killers
23-07-2010, 02:41 AM

See you before in HM but never got the chance to talk to you. :o

It's should be ONLY "Jackbl" the Tieng Viet Master ;)

情感王子
23-07-2010, 09:08 AM
All the 'high hand' conversation. I better siam from this thread

There are in fact many many TV high hand around. Not only in here. You go JC/GL, you can hear alot of sillypore guys talking TV.

You are the TS and you have a vietnamese song webpage where you translate the lyrics leh. You are the old grandmaster

Agree!!!!!

zhu star
23-07-2010, 09:14 AM
ya, let's go to another thread for beginner :D

Ok you be the TS, I fully support u. Thread strictly open to those bro who score 0/100 in TV examination. Any other bro need not to come here. Original certificate need for pre-entry qualification check.

There are in fact many many TV high hand around. Not only in here. You go JC/GL, you can hear alot of sillypore guys talking TV.

I do realise that, however what we are learning is in fact includes alot of 'rubbish' just like singlish. Not many local guy can speak proper and perfect TV. A perfect example is sms. For me I tried to use full wording rather than all kind of short form etc........ So far I only know 1 guy in my drinking group that is capable of doing so. In fact he is so good that he even correct the pronunciation of VB which really shock them!!!!

jackbl
23-07-2010, 10:06 AM

What u consider in the guys as High Hand? Can scold ppl DU MA? Can jio gal by saying em oi di KHACH SAN LAM TINH khong?

Then I personally encountered more ppl here who are HIGH HAND than ppl I see at GL/JC. Exclude VK and his gang, Adguy, VIETNAMLOVER, LOVESPROUT and a few, I see less than 10 in GL/JC who I consider HIGH HAND.

I also strive to become HIGH HAND. Still learning everyday.

BTW, if u already know a bit of TV, you can ask you gal to buy some books from their Bookshop. These books are either English<->Vietnam or Mandarin<->Vietnam. They will show u many commonly-used sentences written in these languages. Each book costs only S$4!

jackbl
23-07-2010, 10:08 AM
You are the TS and you have a vietnamese song webpage where you translate the lyrics leh. You are the old grandmaster

Yeah now then u know! Actually he knows alot but he didnt show out. I felt he learnt(everthing) alot from ALL his BXs.

jackbl
23-07-2010, 10:12 AM
....... So far I only know 1 guy in my drinking group that is capable of doing so. In fact he is so good that he even correct the pronunciation of VB which really shock them!!!!

Next time intro him to me. :)

U got drink one meh??? :D :p

zhu star
23-07-2010, 10:24 AM
What u consider in the guys as High Hand? Can scold ppl DU MA? Can jio gal by saying em oi di KHACH SAN LAM TINH khong?

Then I personally encountered more ppl here who are HIGH HAND than ppl I see at GL/JC. Exclude VK and his gang, Adguy, VIETNAMLOVER, LOVESPROUT and a few, I see less than 10 in GL/JC who I consider HIGH HAND.

I also strive to become HIGH HAND. Still learning everyday.

BTW, if u already know a bit of TV, you can ask you gal to buy some books from their Bookshop. These books are either English<->Vietnam or Mandarin<->Vietnam. They will show u many commonly-used sentences written in these languages. Each book costs only S$4!

To me, can scold ppl DU MA is not high hand. If like that can consider high hand, then all the bro here are super duper high hand and you my dear bro will be the 'MOTHER OF ALL HIGH HAND'

There also another guy in my group that can talk very well, unforuntaley, every 10 words that come out of his mouth got more than half are not fit to be printed here.

It is the way he is able to carry the conversation with viet girl in a smooth, polite and gentle way that I will considered high hand.

zhu star
23-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Next time intro him to me. :)

U got drink one meh??? :D :p

Ok, I message you if I see him in my group. I am the only guy in my group that don't drink alot. Recently my old heart is not in good condition so must cut back some more:D

jackbl
23-07-2010, 11:24 AM
As good as our PC show, IT Show....

3D technology highlighted at 15th IT Expo
=================================================
VietNamNet Bridge - The 15th Vietnam Computer Electronics World (VCW) Expo opened at the Saigon Fair and Exhibition Centre in HCM City on July 15.

Attracting over 500 stands from more than 400 leading domestic and foreign companies, the expo showcases the latest electronic and IT products and services in the market.

For the first time, online stands were introduced to help enterprises set up their own stands through programmed databases, enabling them to provide business information and promote products and services to tens of thousands of members of the VCW website.

The latest technologies in hardware, software, telecoms, network and entertainment equipment are also on display at the event, which will run until July 18.

2010 is the year for 3D technology. At the exhibition, the organizers helped visitors and experience the latest 3D products and technologies from leading groups like Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Canon and Nikon, as well as domestic groups like VTC.

Participating companies have hired young models to “soften” the dry digital equipment at the exhibition.

jackbl
23-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Hanoi’s population reaches 6.5 million
==================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – By April 1 2009, Vietnam had a population of over 85.847 million, with per capita living space of 16 sq.m.

This is the result of the census conducted on April 1 2009, released by the Central Steering Board for Census and Housing Survey on July 21.

According to the census, by April 1 2009 Vietnam had 85,846,997 people, including 49.4 percent of men and 50.6 percent of women.

After a decade (since the census in April 1999), the population increased by 9.523 million people, or 952,000 people annually.

The census showed a constant decrease in the birthrate in the country over the past ten year, confirming the results from annual surveys on the change in population and family planning conducted by the General Statistic Office.

It also showed improvement in living standards. The average living space of an individual is 16.7m2. People in the urban areas have the larger living space of 19.2m2, 1.5 times higher than those living in rural areas.

There were over 25.4 million people living in the urban, accounting for 29.6 percent, and 60.4 million people in the countryside or 70.4 percent. In the period of 1999-2009, the urban population grew 3.4 percent annually while it was 0.4 percent for the countryside.

HCM City (over 7.1 million people), Hanoi (6.452 million) and Thanh Hoa (3.4 million) are three locations where the population exceeds 3 million.

Five provinces that have population of less than 500,000 are Bac Kan, Dien Bien, Kon Tum and Dak Nong.

Of 54 ethnic groups in Vietnam, Kinh people account for 85.7 percent, with 73.59 million people while Brau ethnic group has only 397 people and O Du with 376 people.

According to the census, up to 94 percent of the people of 15 years old upwards could read and write. This ratio is highest in Hanoi, Hai Phong and HCM City and lowest in Lai Chau.

There were around 4 million people of 5 years old upwards who have never gone to school, accounting for 5 percent of the people at this age.

Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Sinh Hung said the results of this census truly reflect the 10-year socio-economic development of the country.

“Vietnam now has a golden population for growth and development, which opens up great potential for the country to enjoy the stable development period,” he said.

“However, the golden population also poses some challenges for the future, requiring comprehensive solutions on education and training, jobs creation, health care, social welfare issued by the State,” Hung added.

PV

jackbl
23-07-2010, 11:37 AM
For photographers..........

“Golden Moment” contest open to all
================================================

VietNamNet Bridge - Vietnam News Agency has launched its annual media photo contest named “Golden Moment” for photographers at home and abroad.

Nguyen Quoc Thang, a member of the organizing committee, noted that “The number of travelers to Vietnam is increasing every year. We want to learn more about their perspectives of our country, our life, and people. That’s why this year’s contest is open not only to Vietnamese nationals, but also non-citizens.”

Photos taken between September 15, 2009, and August 30, 2010, depicting any aspect of Vietnam, like the economy, politics, culture, sports, environment, and education, can be submitted to the Vietnam News Agency or the Vietnam Association of Photographic Artists, both on Tran Hung Dao Street, Hanoi.

Contest winners will be announced on September 15. The grand prize is worth 25 million dong ($1,300) and first prize is 10 million dong.

There will be two second prizes worth 7 million dong each, three third prizes worth 5 million dong and consolation prizes of 1 million dong each.
The “Golden Moment” photo contest was held for the first time in 2008 and last year it received 3,280 works from 597 photographers across Vietnam.

PV

AdGuy
23-07-2010, 11:41 AM
See you before in HM but never got the chance to talk to you. :o

Actually seen you a few times. Just that it's always a 'need to run off to hug vb' kind of situation. Haha.

VietnamLover
23-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Tai sao TV kho lam???

dan=male???

Dung roi. Vay ban la nguoi dan choi ko? Hihi! :D

AdGuy
23-07-2010, 11:46 AM

!!!

Sorry, I need to state again for the record that I did not translate the songs. A real viet friend did it for me.

My level is only 2 year old. Everyone else easily will double or triple wat I know.

AdGuy
23-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah now then u know! Actually he knows alot but he didnt show out. I felt he learnt(everthing) alot from ALL his BXs.

If I learn everthing from them, I will learn rubbish. I prefer to use a real dictionary. That's y I learn so slow. But at least I know it's correct. I have also picked up a lot of stuff from e bros here and through the music forum.

Bro zhu star said he heard someone correcting a vn girl's grammar. That's not surprising because they use the wrong language a lot. If you notice, they sometimes dun understand each others SMS. They claim it's the way the southerners speak, but that's just like us saying that singlish is the true English. Bull!

jackbl
23-07-2010, 12:07 PM
If I learn everthing from them, I will learn rubbish. I prefer to use a real dictionary. That's y I learn so slow.

Try to d/l the free ware in iphone called "Gengo Lite" and "Lingopal Lite" in vietnamese version. Quite useful for intermediate ppl like me. For beginner, try VietSB!

AdGuy
23-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Try to d/l the free ware in iphone called "Gengo Lite" and "Lingopal Lite" in vietnamese version. Quite useful for intermediate ppl like me. For beginner, try VietSB!

I have already. I also bought e full version.
Haha.

I'm now taking viet lessons from a viet co giao.

jackbl
23-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I have already. I also bought e full version.
Haha.

NNKC bo jio :mad: :rolleyes: :(

jackbl
23-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Dung roi. Vay ban la nguoi dan choi ko? Hihi! :D

Ban oi, co the viet chu nay dan cho toi k? Toi k biet cai nao. Thay het cung k biet cai nao la Male :p

dặn | dằn | dăn | dạn | dán | dàn | dân | dần | dẫn | dấn | dận | đan | đàn | đản | đạn | đằn | đẵn | đặn | đần

Toi nghi la toi k phai Nguoi Dan Choi :D

jackbl
23-07-2010, 01:17 PM
越南稻米产量过剩价格下跌
===================================

越南富闰法新电)产量过剩,加上出口减少,导致越南稻米价格下降;湄公河三角洲一些农夫只好暂时囤积存货, 希望等到价格上涨后才出售。
  越南是世界第二大稻米出口国,而湄公河三角洲的稻米产量,占了越南全国超过半数的产量。

越南一名国际知名的稻米专家武松春(Vo Tong Xuan)说,产量过剩,加上雨季开始,以及没有足够的地方来晒干湿米,加剧了农民的损失。他担心,越南本 季可能会损失100万吨的稻米。

越南原本估计今年可在国际市场上售出大约600万吨的稻米,与去年不相上下,但今年上半年的出口量却下 跌了。根据官方数据,今年1月至6月,越南只出口300多万吨稻米,比去年减少了8.76%。

武松春指出,同一时期的出口市值仅下跌1.32%,这显示出口商以很好的价格卖出稻米,但农夫却无法享 受到太多的好处。

湄公河三角洲水稻研究所所长黎云彭指出,来自印度和巴基斯坦等稻米出口国的竞争,导致越南稻米在国外的 需求减弱,而在国内,“我们的稻米过剩,以致售价相当低。”

在前江省,农妇邓氏七的门廊上堆积了一袋袋的稻米,总数有15吨,但她不急着卖。

这名育有五个孩子的母亲说:“如果把肥料和生产成本计算在内,现在卖会亏钱;价格太低了……我们在等价 格上涨,但不知道要等多久。”

邓氏七如果现在把稻谷卖给磨坊,1公斤售价约为3200至3300越南盾(约0.24新元);这低于去 年的4000至4200盾。

邓氏七说,她可以保存稻米多两个月,但一旦雨季导致空气湿度上升,她担心将血本无归。

jackbl
23-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Is she CO GIAO THAO???????? :D :p ;)

KangTuo
23-07-2010, 06:52 PM
Try to d/l the free ware in iphone

Not rich as you to afford an iphone :(
viet-eng pocket dicktionary can?

NNKC bo jio

jackbl... jio you where still got remain.
Adguy, when can i join you for a lesson or two with the co giao? :p

情感王子
23-07-2010, 07:09 PM
What u consider in the guys as High Hand?

guys like jackbl is high hand

Can scold ppl DU MA?

no way... these words never come out of my mouth.

Can jio gal by saying em oi di KHACH SAN LAM TINH khong?

Dung roi. Con gai vn tra loi mot tram di lam tinh duoc. :D

KangTuo
23-07-2010, 07:18 PM
some cow head cannot match horse mouth conversation.

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike- danh lon khong?
KT- kg. ve toi sing moi danh
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike- a danh sao lai e ma bay gio danh ko dc ha
KT- uh. bay gio kg dc.
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike- uh. biet roi buon qua troj ne

I don't even know what she mean in her 1st sms. :confused:
she up the lorry during saturday raid. But she tells me that ICA never give her a specific date to go back :confused::confused:

KangTuo
23-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I sms with a vb telling her about working in sillypore, going to hotel to lam tinh and stuff like that...

she replied "Neu anh nghi em nhu vay, anh danh gia em rat thap roi? Em kg giong han con gai nhu vay, tuy em lam nghe nay nhung em con long tu trong..."

"han con gai" is what huh??? :confused:

Hurricane88
23-07-2010, 08:05 PM
she replied "Neu anh nghi em nhu vay, anh danh gia em rat thap roi? Em kg giong han con gai nhu vay, tuy em lam nghe nay nhung em con long tu trong..."

My guess she referring to prc gal...:confused::)

v.killers
24-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Actually seen you a few times. Just that it's always a 'need to run off to hug vb' kind of situation. Haha.

Oh my god....:D

v.killers
24-07-2010, 02:14 AM
I sms with a vb telling her about working in sillypore, going to hotel to lam tinh and stuff like that...

"han con gai" is what huh???

I think she refers to different from other gals??

NNKC........Say you no VB any more, than who the hell you msg to :rolleyes::mad:

XAO wa di !!!

jackbl
24-07-2010, 02:18 AM
NNKC........Say you no VB any more, than who the hell you msg to :rolleyes::mad:

XAO wa di !!!

Dung roi!!! Em nghi k fai 1 con gai, doan la co 2 nguoi luon :D

KangTuo
24-07-2010, 10:25 AM
NNKC........Say you no VB any more, than who the hell you msg to

XAO wa di !!!

cannot sms from vn meh?
No VB in sillypore anymore mah

Dung roi!!! Em nghi k fai 1 con gai, doan la co 2 nguoi luon :D

ban noi cai j ha? kg hieu luon... :confused:

AdGuy
24-07-2010, 11:59 AM
ban noi cai j ha? kg hieu luon... :confused:

When the grandmaster speaks... u just agree ok? Dun question. :D

jackbl
24-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Banker told people not to worry too much about exchange rate
================================================== =====
VietNamNet Bridge – The dollar price had been on the decline, but now has unexpectedly bounced back. Banks have reassured the public that the dollar price will not rise too sharply and that the dong/dollar exchange rate is not a serious concern.

Though the black market’s dollar price moved toward the 19,200 dong threshold, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) declared a stable interbank exchange rate of 19,090-19,095 dong per dollar yesterday.

SBV has remained calm regarding the dollar price increase on the black market. They released positive information on dollar supply and demand and affirmed that the dong/dollar exchange rate is stable since the capital surplus can offset the trade deficit.

Hoang Huy Ha, Deputy General Director of the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), also believes that the dong/dollar exchange rate will not climb radically like in 2009, especially as commercial banks have quoted dong/dollar exchange rate at ceiling levels over the last two weeks and the dollar price have been rising steadily over the last 10 days.

Answering a question raised by Thoi bao Kinh te Vietnam journalists, Ha explained that it is necessary to look at overall supply and demand in the national economy to forecast the exchange rate, rather than focusing on price increases or decreases at certain moments.

He added that macroeconomic factors will continue support the foreign currency market and stabilize it in the last half of 2010.

“The profuse capital balance will offset the current balance deficit and help the State Bank increase the national foreign currency reserves,” Ha maintained.

Ha went on to say that, if considering basic factors of the payment balance (trade balance, kieu hoi or overseas remittances, foreign direct investment, foreign portfolio investment, official development assistance and foreign debts, it is estimated that the foreign currency position is still plus three billion dollars.

The foreign currency market in the first half of 2010 was relatively stable and Ha believes this was the result of SBV measures taken to stabilize the market.

Ha also approved of allowing export companies, with earnings in foreign currencies, to borrow capital in foreign currencies. The SBV decision resulted in outstanding loans in foreign currencies rising by 27.5 percent over the end of 2009, making the dollar supply increase by $3.5 billion.

Circular No. 3 stipulated that the maximum deposit interest rate in foreign currency by a firm is one percent, which also helped. Foreign currency deposits only grew by 3.06 percent over the end of 2009, which demonstrated that businesses would not hoard dollars, but would sell them to banks.

The national economy’s strong recovery also backed the value of the dong.

According to Ha, the debt crisis in Europe affected Vietnam. In late 2009, gold fever made the dong/dollar exchange rate jump to 19,700 dong per dollar. Now, as the domestic gold price is lower than the world’s, businesses are re-exporting gold, thus making the dollar supply expand.

On the morning of July 19, the Hanoi black market saw the dollar price jump to 19,160-19,190 dong, up 30 dong over late last week.

With the new dollar price, the gap between the black market dollar price and the price quoted by commercial banks increased to 100 dong. Despite the increase, the transactions on the black market did not become hectic yesterday.

Source: VietNamNet, Thoi bao Kinh te Vietnam

v.killers
24-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Dung roi!!! Em nghi k fai 1 con gai, doan la co 2 nguoi luon

cung nhieu con gai lam ma....:rolleyes:

cannot sms from vn meh?
No VB in sillypore anymore mah

Dont talk "RUBBISH" leh :rolleyes: Now can only believed you 50% thoi...:D

jackbl
24-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Dont talk "RUBBISH" leh. Now can only believed you 50% thoi...

Dung roi. Cai gi KT noi, minh chi dc tin 50% thoi :D :)

Em nhan dc tn cua anh roi. Em se len diem cua anh nhe!!! Vui k? :)

v.killers
24-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Dung roi. Cai gi KT noi, minh chi dc tin 50% thoi :D :)

Em nhan dc tn cua anh roi. Em se len diem cua anh nhe!!! Vui k? :)

Vui qua em oi, cam on em nhe....:p

jackbl
24-07-2010, 05:26 PM

I have asked its meaning but the meaning does not fit your sentence. IMHO, she wants to say that she is not the same as other girls.

KangTuo
24-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Dont talk "RUBBISH" leh :rolleyes: Now can only believed you 50% thoi...

Dung roi. Cai gi KT noi, minh chi dc tin 50% thoi

I not around to cheong and 2 of you bully me :(:(

IMHO, she wants to say that she is not the same as other girls.

cam on nhe.
toi hieu roi.
toi chi muon tim hieu "han con gai" la j thoi. :)

AdGuy
24-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I have asked its meaning but the meaning does not fit your sentence. IMHO, she wants to say that she is not the same as other girls.

If I can find 1 wl who says she goes hotel everyday, then i dare say she's not the same as other girls. :D

Hurricane88
25-07-2010, 11:13 AM
toi chi muon tim hieu "han con gai" la j thoi. :)

should have write "khach con gai"...:)

jackbl
25-07-2010, 01:58 PM
should have write "khach con gai"...:)

U referring to khac con gai, right?

khác = other; another; further

khách = guest; caller; vistor

jackbl
26-07-2010, 01:01 AM
HCM City proposes to ban online games

VietNamNet Bridge – HCM City Chairman Le Hoang Quan has sent an urgent dispatch to Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung asking the government to regulate the development and import of online games for their harmful effects.

According to HCM City authorities, online game business cause evil effects to the society, and it affects the material and spiritual development of many young people.

The city proposed that the Government orders the Ministry of Information and Communications to compile and make public standards that rate the violence level of online games. Based on these standards, the ministry could reassess already licensed online games and allow the continued circulation of only games that do not involve violence, gambling or pornography.

New games, according to the dispatch, need to be evaluated strictly. Those games that contain violence, gambling or pornographic content must not be issued licenses, including the importation of new games.

HCM City also suggested assessing the social impact of online games before granting licenses.

To discourage playing online games, HCM City authorities suggested the Government to approve a ban on advertising online games similar to prohibitions on advertising of alcoholic beverages and tobacco and that online games should be banned outright from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Game players have to be managed and should only be permitted to play three hours a day, the dispatch said.

The dispatch also said the Government should let localities that have many game players, for example HCM City and other big cities, to join the council for appraising the content of new online games.

It is estimated that 2 to 3 million Vietnamese young people play online games.

Previously the HCM City Department of Information and Communications asked 14 companies that distribute 65 online games in HCM City to self-assess the violence level in their games based on the department’s standards and a send report to this agency before July 21.

The department director Le Manh Ha said as the Ministry of Information and Communications doesn’t set standards to classify violence level in online games, his department had to build its own standards to manage online games in HCM City.

The department will also evaluate these 65 games itself. Depending on the violence level in each game, the agency will take specific measures to prevent unhealthy games and game addiction.

PV

creeve
26-07-2010, 04:48 AM
It's refreshing to see you guys conversing in TV here. Can learn more...

zhu star
26-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Anyone can help me with the following single word translation:

Lucky -

Customer -

Thanks

VietnamLover
26-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Lucky -

Customer -

Lucky - may man

customer - khach hang

zhu star
26-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Lucky - may man

customer - khach hang

Cam on ah:)

jackbl
26-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Anyone can help me with the following single word translation:

For SELF HELP, go to http://vdict.com/ or http://translate.google.com , etc

U dun know got such websites???

zhu star
26-07-2010, 01:21 PM
for self help, go to http://vdict.com/ or http://translate.google.com , etc

u dun know got such websites???

yes sir, sorry sifu

jackbl
26-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Saigon’s only old street cries out
================================================== =

VietNamNet Bridge – HCM City has only one old street, Hai Thuong Lan Ong in District 5, according to the HCM City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism’s research work which was released in early July.

However, Saigon’s last century-old street, famous for its traditional trade in Chinese herbal medicine, is being threatened by modernity, experts have claimed.

A cluster of houses located where the street intersects with Trieu Quang Phuc Street in “Cho Lon,” the city’s so-called Chinatown, are collectively referred to as Hai Thuong Lan Ong. Home to Chinese-Vietnamese herbal medicine traders, many of them were built in a mix of western and Chinese architectural elements in the mid-1800s.

Only 16 of the houses retain their original façade and their interiors are nothing like how they looked a hundred years ago. Most others have been replaced with modern structures and some were torn down and replaced with three- to five- storey buildings.

The house at 70 Trieu Quang Phuc Street has been converted into the head office of the North Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank.

“It used to be a beautiful, old three-story house but its original structure was destroyed after it was leased out to different tenants. It has now become a bank’s head office with a giant billboard blocking the house’s front,” a resident noted.

But not all residents here have turned their backs on the old relics.

Nguyen Thi Mai, owner of the house at 57/4 Hai Thuong Lan Ong Street, said she is trying to preserve the original design of her century-old home. “The old paint is still in good condition even more than 100 years have passed, the patterns on the ceiling are never out-of-date,” she maintained.

But Mai has not been able to avoid renovating her house, as it needed to be reinforced. “No matter what renovation I have to do, I’ll definitely keep all these old designs,” she added.

But so-called renovation work is nevertheless causing damage to the structures.

“There used to be a Chinese octagon up here [on the terrace] but after some work in 2000, it was replaced by a lion’s statue. The house’s roof used to be made of tiles that looked very beautiful, but now the house has a corrugated iron roof. No one can call it ‘old’ anymore,” Ba, a man who has been living in the area for 20 years, explained.

Residents have said that they must renovate their houses or lease them out, since they are worried about their deterioration.

“If people want to preserve the old street, we need support in terms of planning, house repair, and even tourism development to generate income for the people here, like in any other old street in the world,” a resident argued said.

Tran Huy Cuong, deputy chair of the urban planning department of Ward 10, District 5, has urged authorities to protect the old houses, including banning construction of new houses. There will also be restoration of the structures, he revealed.

Le Van Thanh, from the Institute for Research and Development, asserted that Hai Thuong Lan Ong street is a list of works that will be recognized as cultural heritage sites. Once it is no longer recognized as a cultural heritage, residents have the right to repair old houses. Saigon’s last old street could disappear at any time.

Dao Van Chuong, deputy director of HCM City Centre for Relic Preservation, responded that his centre doesn’t have statistics of old houses and the current situation.

jackbl
27-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Used car market enjoys high popularity
==============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Not everyone has enough money to purchase a brand new car. Some consumers also want a used car to practice driving before they buy a new one. All this explains why the used car market has developed so strongly.

There are many ways to purchase used cars, like reading newspaper ads or auto forums, purchasing cars from acquaintances, buying cars through brokers, auto salons, or used car centres at Toyota Vietnam or Ford Vietnam. There are no official statistics on the used car market, but it is clear that daily transactions are taking place.

Used cars sell well

Japanese cars priced from 300-600 million dong are best sellers among new cars, with many models on offer. South Korean cars have been imported to Vietnam over the last two or three years as well, so there are not many used cars for sale.

It always takes time and effort to purchase a car that fits a consumer’s pocketbook and has a good reputation and design. The best solution is to buy cars from acquaintances, because then consumers know the cars well. However, in many cases, it is impossible to find friends with cars for sale.

It is also difficult to purchase cars through advertisements, because car brokers, or co xe (storks) are swifter than buyers and they purchase the cars before buyers contact sellers. Storks purchase cars to resell for profit. Most people who want to buy used cars come to auto salons or used car trading centres.

Cong Thanh and his son hunted for half a month on the Internet and in newspapers to find a hatchback Daewoo Gentra SX, which they bought for 385 million dong. The car’s owner sold it to pay bank debts.

Many young people look for used cars on auto forums and used car websites. Thinh, who lives in HCM City, found an ad on an auto forum about the sale of a seven-seat New Carens which had the low mileage of 9000 kilometres. The car was offered at 495 million dong, lower by 110 million dong a brand new one. Thinh showed the car to a relative, but could not purchase it because a stork moved more swiftly and scooped up the car.

According to storks, they generally keep used cars for three weeks before reselling them. They purchase used cars, upgrade them, and then sell them at higher prices. In some cases, storks keep the cars for several years before finding new owners. Tuan, a stork, bought a Ford Escape XLT 2.3L with 50,000 kilometres and then resold the car at 530 million dong after only two days.

Used car market is huge

According to storks, the used car market is very big, and it expands greatly at year’s end. Truong Huy Phuoc, Director of the Ford used car trading centre, noted that, in 2009, the centre sold 250 used cars, while the waiting list of clients was still long.

Toyota Dong Saigon Centre has operated for just one month, but its director, Nguyen Khoa, reported that the centre lacks enough cars. He added that most clients order cars priced at less than 500 million dong. Every day, the centre receives 15-20 visitors

Ford and Toyota’s used car trading centres also admitted that they do not have enough cars to satisfy demand. Meanwhile, car dealers are considering expanding the used car business because demand has risen very high.

Source: Tuoi tre

VReaper
27-07-2010, 11:37 AM
u seniors ar soo hardworkin clap clap ;)

takin so much personal time to help out and post interestin articles somemor, xiao di here pei fu pei fu :p

jackbl
28-07-2010, 12:46 AM
iPhone 4 to make official Vietnam entry in September
================================================== ===

National telecom giants Vinaphone and Viettel have said they will import the new iPhone 4 in September as they are about to sell out their stocks of previous versions of the smartphone.

According to a report published by the Vietnam News Agency Saturday, the distribution will be authorized by Apple Inc., the phone’s producer.

Pricing and contract policies have not been announced.

“Local consumers have to wait until September because under Apple’s policies Vietnam is not a priority market for the iPhone 4,” a Vinaphone representative was cited in the report as saying.

Vinaphone and Viettel began selling the previous versions 3G and 3GS of the iPhone in March.

Analysts had said sales of the smartphone were low due to high prices, but both companies have announced that they have already cleared most of their stock.

Viettel said it now has only several hundred out of around 10,000 imported units left.

Another telecom giant, MobiFone, had announced plans to sell the iPhone in Vietnam in April, but has not done so since.

iPhone sales in Vietnam last month were hit by the launch of the iPhone 4 as local consumers opted to wait for the new version.

However, after reports of reception problems with the iPhone 4, sales of the previous versions picked up, with prices of unofficially unlocked iPhones at phone shops rising slightly, local media reports said.

Source: Thanh Nien

jackbl
28-07-2010, 10:56 AM
When rich parents overindulge their children

VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnamese psychologists have rung the alarm bell over the “children overindulgence phenomenon” which has appeared in modern times, when rich people throw their money through the window to satisfy all the wishes of their children.

It was raining when the 3-year old son of Thuy, who lives in Phu My Hung new urban area in District 7 in HCM City cried endlessly, though his parents and grandparents made every efforts to soothe him. The problem was that the boy wanted to go out to play in the rain, while his parents could not satisfy him, because they feared the boy would catch a cold.

When the boy got hoarse because of too much crying, Thuy’s mother had a good idea. She picked up the phone and called to a taxi firm. When the taxi came, she gave the taxi driver 200,000 dong and asked him to drive around the city so the boy could see the rain from the car windows.

It seemed that the boy was satisfied with the good idea of the grandmother. He stopped crying and burst out laughing.

“If the grandmother had thought of this earlier, the boy would not have cried,” Thuy’s husband said.

The boy goes to an international kindergarten where his parents pay $500 a month for tuition. The grandmother always says her grandson has to study too hard, so she always tries to buy as many gifts for the grandson as possible.

Every day, when the boy is still at classes, the grandmother goes to toy shops to look for toys for her grandson. Robots worth hundreds of thousands of dong or remote control cars are the valuable gifts that wait for the boy every day when he returns from school.

As the result, the boy tends to expect new toys every day. If the grandmother is busy and cannot purchase toys for the boy, he cries endlessly.

Like Thuy, Trang, who lives in Thao Dien urban area in District 2 in HCM City, also has her own way to indulge her son.

Trang’s son is now 13 years old, but he weights 64 kilograms. However, in the eyes of Trang and her husband, the boy is still thin and he needs to eat more.

A special diet has been designed for the boy. Every day, besides the food reserved for the whole family, the boy can have additional food.

Trang and her husband both follow a golden rule that their son is always right that an idea is considered “creative” when it does not resemble any one else’s.

One time, after returning from the trip to Da Lat where the boy went together with the whole class, the boy related about the trip to parents:

“We enjoyed the trip very much. We slept together on the beds we put together. Tuan, a friend of mine, took a shower and sprayed water into the floor. Because of the minor mistake, the owner of the hotel scolded him. However, Tuan’s father, who is very rich and has a lot of houses in big cities across the country, replied: ‘Your hotel is just as large as my garage. You are a businessman, and you must understand that your clients are God.’” After that, the hotel owner had to leave without saying anything.”

The boy’s parents applauded this tale.

“Look, when you have money, you can force other people to serve you,” the boy’s father said.

According to Thai Thanh Thuy, Head of the Psychology Ward of the Nhi Dong 2 Hospital in HCM City, when parents overindulge their children, they aim to satisfy themselves. However, it will be the children who will suffer later, because they will suffer from a personality disorder that makes them unable to integrate into society.

Thuy calls this the “children overindulgence phenomenon” which accounts for 40 percent of the total cases that need consultancy at the psychology ward of the hospital.

Thuy said that when children clamor for unreasonable things parents need to say “no,” and when children make mistakes they need to be punished.

In Trang’s son’s case, Doctor Thuy said it is not the fault of the boy, but the systematic fault of the whole family. Thuy said when children are over seven years, it is very difficult to give psychological treatment because their personality has already developed.

Thanh Huyen

cbrsammy
28-07-2010, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=KangTuo;5049729]Em kg giong han con gai nhu vay,,,QUOTE]

Han = exactly

Straight translation: I am not exactly same as such kind of girls.

Meaning is same as some bro's translation: she is not the same as other girls.

Hope this help!

jackbl
29-07-2010, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=KangTuo;5049729]Em kg giong han con gai nhu vay,,,QUOTE]

Han = exactly

Straight translation: I am not exactly same as such kind of girls.

Meaning is same as some bro's translation: she is not the same as other girls.

Hope this help!

Hi, which is the exact word "han"?

hãn | hàn | han | hạn | hằn | hẳn | hắn | hấn | hận

retire
29-07-2010, 04:17 AM
[QUOTE=cbrsammy;5063060]

it should be "hang" (hạng) which means "type"

the whole sentence means "i'm not that type of girl"

cbrsammy
29-07-2010, 08:52 AM
[QUOTE=cbrsammy;5063060]

This one: hẳn

Should be "hạng" too, if she used wrong word :rolleyes:

jackbl
29-07-2010, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=jackbl;5065264]

This one: hẳn

Should be "hạng" too, if she used wrong word :rolleyes:

Thanks! Where are you from? Singapore or VN? :rolleyes:

cbrsammy
29-07-2010, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=cbrsammy;5065496]

Thanks! Where are you from? Singapore or VN? :rolleyes:

From Sài thành :D:D:D

jackbl
30-07-2010, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=jackbl;5066187]

From Sài thành

Where u from also so chim??? :(

KangTuo
30-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Any bro to help with the meaning? especially the ones in red.

After a night at the beach with VB "郭舒贤" lookalike & 3 lamp post :p I reach home at 4am I sms her

KT - e oi a ve toi nha roi. A cam thay a yeu e roi.

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - bay j con wa som de a noi tieng ju. A hay suy nghi cho kj roj hay quyet djinh noj tieng ju.

KT (don't understand but replied) - quyet dinh roi. Gio a buon ngu roi. ngay mai con di lam.

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike -chuc a ngu ngon.

KangTuo
30-07-2010, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=cbrsammy;5066922]

Where u from also so chim??? :(

tai sao ban sợ chim? :eek::D

cbrsammy
30-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Any bro to help with the meaning? especially the ones in red.

After a night at the beach with VB "郭舒贤" lookalike & 3 lamp post :p I reach home at 4am I sms her

KT - e oi a ve toi nha roi. A cam thay a yeu e roi.

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - bay j con wa som de a noi tieng ju. A hay suy nghi cho kj roj hay quyet djinh noj tieng ju.

KT (don't understand but replied) - quyet dinh roi. Gio a buon ngu roi. ngay mai con di lam.

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike -chuc a ngu ngon.

tieng ju = tiếng yêu

cho kj = cho kỹ

KangTuo
30-07-2010, 01:26 PM
tieng ju = tiếng yêu

cho kj = cho kỹ

thanks

I only know that "j" replaces "i" and "gi"
this gal basically use "j" to replace many many things :confused::eek:

VietnamLover
30-07-2010, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=jackbl;5066187]

From Sài thành :D:D:D

Sài thành means Sài Gòn.

KangTuo
30-07-2010, 05:37 PM
new things i learned today.

KT - e dang lam j? thuc day chua?

VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - thuc roi. 5mp e thuc day, 5:30mp e dj tam roj ra trang djem toj 7mp e dj lam.

usually I use 5g, 5h30, 7g to tell the time.
What is mp short form for?

MrDarkSide
30-07-2010, 05:42 PM
usually I use 5g, 5h30, 7g to tell the time.

mp = pm. ;) I think so.

cbrsammy
30-07-2010, 08:24 PM
mp = pm. ;) I think so.

I also think the same. Either play with words or poor English! :D

SureScore
30-07-2010, 09:18 PM

KT - e dang lam j? thuc day chua?

Really messy language.

AdGuy
31-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Really messy language.

Messy user, not the language :D

jackbl
31-07-2010, 12:59 AM

u dun know what it means how u can say u learnt? :D

mp = pm. ;) I think so.

IMHO, i guess she made a mistake by writing pm as mp :p

KangTuo
31-07-2010, 11:33 AM
mp = pm. ;) I think so.

IMHO, i guess she made a mistake by writing pm as mp :p

I also think the same. Either play with words or poor English!

Yesterday night I ask her.. she admit she just guess and write. You guys are correct. she meant "PM"

u dun know what it means how u can say u learnt?

pai sey pai sey... :D

AdGuy
31-07-2010, 12:30 PM
u dun know what it means how u can say u learnt? :D
:p

You are just as bitchy as my hanoi co giao.

KangTuo
31-07-2010, 01:56 PM
my TV getting worst... dunno what she mean. Anyone to help?

Part 1
KT - toi nay gap e, 2 ng thuc toi sang. ( tonite meet u, we stay awake till morning)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - thuc toi sang lam j? (stay wawke till morning for what?)
KT - thuc toi sang, 2ng om nhau. (stay awake till morning, we hug hug)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - khung. kg ngu ha? (crazy. don't sleep?)
KT - nhu vay, 2ng om nhau va ngu cung. (like that, we hug and sleep together)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - y a nhu the nao cu noi thang e kg thich dong do.

Part 2
KT- Toi nay e lam o dau, may gio di lam (tonite you work where, what time go work?)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - toi nay e di xxxxxx lam (tonite I go xxxxxx work)
KT- Toi nay a di theo e (tonite I follow you)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - di theo em lam j? bao ve e ha? (follow me for what? my bodyguard?)
KT- bao ve, ng yeu, ox, cuc cung (bodyguard, lover, hubby, honey)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - da mang wa

jackbl
31-07-2010, 04:43 PM
my TV getting worst... dunno what she mean. Anyone to help?

KT- bao ve, ng yeu, ox, cuc cung (bodyguard, lover, hubby, honey)
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - da mang wa

Your TV is NOT getting worse, but u are getting LAZY! :D

These words dictionary have!!!

đa mang = to take on many jobs at the same time

Look here : http://vdict.com/đa%20mang,2,0,0.html

MrDarkSide
31-07-2010, 05:18 PM
VB "郭舒贤" lookalike - y a nhu the nao cu noi thang e kg thich dong do.

What is your intention? Tell me directly. I dont want to play guessing game. ;)
(You want to up me is it? :eek:)

vlover
31-07-2010, 05:27 PM
What is your intention? Tell me directly. I dont want to play guessing game.
(You want to up me is it?

If I am not wrong, 'dong do' should means play play in the context of love.. so what she is saying is she dun like to play play when it comes to love... Correct me if I am wrong

Regards,
vlover

cbrsammy
31-07-2010, 09:24 PM
What is your intention? Tell me directly. I dont want to play guessing game. ;)

I agree with bro, but it should be đong đưa (shifty), not dong do.

da mang wa

This one should be dã man quá. Again, she used wrong word! ;)

jackbl
01-08-2010, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=cbrsammy;5066922]

Sài thành means Sài Gòn.

Care to explain why Sài thành means Sài Gòn? I go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page also cant find this

MrDarkSide
01-08-2010, 06:02 AM
If I am not wrong, 'dong do' should means play play in the context of love.. so what she is saying is she dun like to play play when it comes to love... Correct me if I am wrong

Yup, correct but because I think she is more concerned about the intention (KT's intention) so that's why I say so.
Anyway, your level is way above me.

KangTuo
01-08-2010, 06:24 AM

Regards,
vlover

Yup, correct but because I think she is more concerned about the intention (KT's intention) so that's why I say so.

both of you have improve tremendously. I can't catch you already.

mat mam = face ????
I always heard the vb say it. :confused:

deptrai4u
01-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Look here : http://vdict.com/đa%20mang,2,0,0.html

da man means this... something between scary.. fierce.. cunning... like a terrorist.

The closest thing i can think of the the hokkien word Kia See Lang..

When a girl says u DA MAN in that context above, she is trying to say u are reckless... overly passionate.. and she is even a bit scared of u... so its more negative than positive comment on the deed u said u wanted to do... she is actually saying that she does not quite like the idea of u stalking her near her work place.

jackbl
01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
da man means this... something between scary.. fierce.. cunning... like a terrorist.

When a girl says u DA MAN in that context above, she is trying to say u are reckless... overly passionate.. and she is even a bit scared of u... so its more negative than positive comment on the deed u said u wanted to do... she is actually saying that she does not quite like the idea of u stalking her near her work place.

Thanks for the explanation. In KT's sms, the gal write DA MANG, therefore i go find dictionary, and got 1 explanation.

Then someone point out that maybe the gal is writing DA MAN..... !@##@$^# Really dun know what exactly she want to write/means....

dã man = savage; barbarous

KangTuo
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
[/url]

dã man = savage; barbarous

really a messy language... :confused::confused:

jackbl
01-08-2010, 01:11 PM
really a messy language... :confused::confused:

No. The language is ok, but it is the user who always has typo error, which confused us :(

Lidat also good, this will bring out a debate, then we will know who are the active/interested party of this language. So far I found, KangTuo, Deptrai4u, MrDarkSide, Cbrsammy, Vlover, Adguy, SureScore, VietnamLover, Retire. U can organise an outing liao :D

zhu star
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Need help with the following translation:

Ba ba gian con ah?

Thanks

lovesprout
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM

I thought da man = 野螿 in Chinese :rolleyes:

Need help with the following translation:

Ba ba gian con ah?

Thanks

Is father mad at his son?

jackbl
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I thought da man = 野螿 in Chinese :rolleyes:

Hi boss, shd it be 野蛮 instead ? ;)

U hv been INACTIVE for quite some time. Must be KCing some gals :D Got time come in here to give help hor, very prompt response time :)

jackbl
01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Ba ba gian con ah?

I guess, this sentence must be sent fr a VB to you. She addressed u as "ba ba", father; herself as con.

U got so many VBs sms to u, u need to take up "crush course" for TV to be able to reply/read their sms. :D

vlover
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM

This one should be dã man quá. Again, she used wrong word!

Actually its not exactly wrong.. literally, its definitely wrong.. but most girls that we encounter in pubs are less educated so they like to use short forms(Becos they are lazy)/their slang to get the msg across.. Similarly, there is English and Singlish for us..

For most TV lessons held in Singapore or from the Internet, their origins are from Northern Vietnam.. and most girls we see are from Saigon.. Thats why I started learning from Saigon girls rather than Hanoi girls, to facilitate my KC-ing.. If you ask KT, if we ever encounter a super SYT from Hanoi, chances of us rejecting her is quite high.. :D;)

Regards,
vlover

vlover
01-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Dun say like that.. there are many super Lau jiaos here who are way way higher..

Dung noi anh nhu vay, anh mac co qua!!

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Dun say like that.. there are many super Lau jiaos here who are way way higher..

They will all lose to u. U got yourself a 24X7 co giao. :D

lovesprout
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM

U hv been INACTIVE for quite some time. Must be KCing some gals :D Got time come in here to give help hor, very prompt response time

I want to type 繁體字 so it is 野蠻.. but it seemed I typed wrongly.

I have been traveling a lot. I just came back from overseas and I am leaving again this Wednesday. That is why sometimes you see me post actively for a few days then disappear for a while. :cool: It is not like I am busy KC-ing VBs like you guys. :p

KangTuo
01-08-2010, 10:06 PM
If you ask KT, if we ever encounter a super SYT from Hanoi, chances of us rejecting her is quite high..

Not quite high but 100% reject.

They will all lose to u. U got yourself a 24X7 co giao.

You can always get many co giao in JC/GL.
24 x7 = 168hrs,
so you get 12vb per day x 2hrs x 7 days also 168hrs. :D

jackbl
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM

I also asked my vietnamese friend. Also same reply as u. Guessed should be Dong Dua :)

cbrsammy
02-08-2010, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=VietnamLover;5069012]

Care to explain why Sài thành means Sài Gòn? I go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page also cant find this

Actually this is being used quite often in media (not in conversation) as kind of "chơi chữ". Hà thành = Hà Nội. Something like Lion City for Singapore, but yet to be recognized officially.

Some articles:

http://vnexpress.net/GL/Van-hoa/Thoi-trang/2010/05/3BA1C0DB/
http://vnexpress.net/GL/Doi-song/Mua-sam/2010/07/3BA1E738/

KangTuo
02-08-2010, 09:19 AM
but u are getting LAZY!

No. The language is ok, but it is the user who always has typo error, which confused us :(

Lidat also good, this will bring out a debate

So now do you think I am lazy?
The vb sms are confusing at times so I put it out.
If I am able to decode what they actually mean, I keep to myself already. :p

KangTuo
02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
but u are getting LAZY!

Lidat also good, this will bring out a debate

vdict is not the best source. vdick in sbf is still better. :D

zhu star
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Is father mad at his son?

Thanks bro:)

I guess, this sentence must be sent fr a VB to you. She addressed u as "ba ba", father; herself as con.

U got so many VBs sms to u, u need to take up "crush course" for TV to be able to reply/read their sms.

Vang, it was sent by a vb to me. I lost her before I can get under her skirt when she convert herself from em yeu to ba ba.:(

vdict is not the best source. vdick in sbf is still better. :D

I fully agree with you, I am in fact very confused with all the short form that I receviced via sms. Frankly, I prefer to learn and write the wording in full when I am doing messaging. Don't want to learn all the 'rubbish' just like our Singlish.

deptrai4u
02-08-2010, 03:14 PM

U hv been INACTIVE for quite some time. Must be KCing some gals :D Got time come in here to give help hor, very prompt response time :)

Yes, its 野蛮 in this context... but sometimes vb also use da man to describe many things... for example, they can say anh ay an cua rat nhieu.. an da man.. in this case its more like KIA SEE LANG.

Da man is more used by the northern.. although sometimes used by the south as well. another familiar term they used interchangeably is Khung Kiep.

jackbl
03-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Vietnamese businessmen rushing to purchase private aircrafts
VietNamNet Bridge – It seems that big Vietnamese big stock millionaires now not only vying with each other in the amounts of shares they hold, but they also are rushing to purchase private aircrafts to serve their traveling demands.

The helicopter worth nearly $5 million owned by the big stock millionaire Tran Dinh Long has arrived in Vietnam three months after the purchase deal was kicked off. Long, the owner of the helicopter, who is also the owner of Hoa Phat Group is completing necessary procedures regarding technical certificates and safety standards in order to make the aircraft ready to take off.

Long is the second Vietnamese person who owns private air transport. The first person is the President of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group Doan Nguyen Duc.

The first private air in Vietnam was carried to Vietnam in late 2008. The post-tax value of the aircraft is seven million dollars. Duc said after one year of using the private aircraft, he can save much time and can increase his productivity. When Duc purchased the first private aircraft, many experts guessed that Duc’s case will pave the way for many other big businessmen to carry out similar purchase deals.

According to VnExpress newspaper, Duc did not have to pay the luxury tax, because under the old laws, the luxury tax rate on aircraft was zero percent. However, since April 1, 2009, the new law stipulates that the luxury tax rate on aircrafts is 30 percent.

VnExpress quoted its sources from the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam (CAAV) as saying that many big businessmen have expressed their willingness to purchase private aircrafts and have asked CAAV consult on the procedures to take off and land. Besides Duc and Long, another “big guy” in the financial sector in Hanoi is completing necessary procedures to bring another helicopter to Vietnam.

Late last year, a businessman in HCM City also revealed a plan to buy a private aircraft. He is the owner of a food company, who was named in the list of the 100 top Vietnamese stock millionaires for three consecutive years announced by VnExpress. The sources close to the “big guy” have revealed that the aircraft the businessman plans to purchase is worth 12 million dollars. However, the plan to carry the aircraft to Vietnam remains a secret.

At this moment, people are whispering in each other’s ears that the deputy chairman of the founding council of the Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) Nguyen Duc Kien is also intending to purchase a private aircraft. However, Kien told VnExpress he still does not think of buying an airplane.

An official from CAAV said the current laws do not prohibit individuals to own private aircrafts, provided that the individuals can meet the requirements on safety and technique.

Owning private aircrafts is a trend that can be seen in many other countries in the world. China, a neighboring country, has dozens of private aircraft. Meanwhile, in Vietnam, only a few of businessmen dare purchase private airplanes.

jackbl
03-08-2010, 12:42 PM
I fully agree with you, I am in fact very confused with all the short form that I receviced via sms. Frankly, I prefer to learn and write the wording in full when I am doing messaging. Don't want to learn all the 'rubbish' just like our Singlish.

There is nothing wrong when writing short form, as long as it is understandable by most. It is to save wordings in 1 sms so that they can type more. E.g. can type 50 words with short form compared wit 25 words in long/normal words. If u are the one who wanted to communicate in their language, u shd be learning their way of talking :D

The gal that KT referred, is not writing short forms but have few typo mistakes which is critical to understanding the meaning of the whole sentence. ;)

jackbl
03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Affecting tourists in those area too :(

Hanoi to close Internet cafes near schools

VietNamNet Bridge – Capital city authorities are determined to close Internet cafes located less than 200 meters from schools before August 30.

“We can’t let students play games all day and night at Internet cafes,” confirmed Hanoi Department of Information and Communications Director Pham Quoc Ban on July 28.

The city will also ask Internet cafes to sign voluntary commitments to close their doors after 11pm. This task will be completed before August 15. An inspection team will check business registrations of Internet cafes, starting August 16.

The Hanoi Department of Information and Communications has asked Internet service providers to cut down Internet transmissions to cafes that break the rules (with an enclosed list of violators).

Ban remarked that his agency has asked the Ministry of Information and Communications to tell Internet service and online game providers to use specialized software to control gamers and online games.

A total of 72 online games are distributed in Vietnam, two-thirds are rated as violent.

The Ministry of Information and Communications on July 27 decided to halt licensing new online games until the online games regulation is issued.

PV

情感王子
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
E.g. can type 50 words with short form compared wit 25 words in long/normal words.

How you halves the amount of words used? Must be expert :D

jackbl
03-08-2010, 02:32 PM
How you halves the amount of words used? Must be expert :D

U got see the sentence as E.g. ??? :(

Some examples:
Bay gio(6characters)=Bg(2)
Dang(4ch)=dg(2)
khong(5ch)=k(1)
Anh(3)=A(1)
Em(2)=E(1)
noi chuyen(9)=nc(2)
.................................................. .........................

English examples:
Where are you=Wru?
How are you=Hru?

情感王子
03-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Some examples:
Dang(4ch)=dg(2)
khong(5ch)=k(1)
Anh(3)=A(1)
Em(2)=E(1)
noi chuyen(9)=nc(2)

English examples:
Where are you=Wru?
How are you=Hru?

bro jackbl really expert. Cutting 29 characters to just 9 :)
It will be good if you can teach us all the short cut.

Bay gio em dang noi chuyen anh phai khong?
bg e dg nc a fai k?

:)

AdGuy
03-08-2010, 07:50 PM

Some examples:
Dang(4ch)=dg(2)
khong(5ch)=k(1)
Anh(3)=A(1)
Em(2)=E(1)
noi chuyen(9)=nc(2)

English examples:
Where are you=Wru?
How are you=Hru?

Since u good at understanding vb, let me test u.

I have never seen this word in my life:

'e ko co bitbo'

lovesprout
03-08-2010, 08:23 PM

I have never seen this word in my life:

'e ko co bitbo'

Let me guess. She wanted to say:

"I don't have passport"

vlover
03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Let me guess. She wanted to say:

"I don't have passport"

I also think likewise...

Since so many seniors ard, I also contribute abit..

Bo gia gam co non... Anyone??

Regards,
vlover

vlover
03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Bay gio em dang noi chuyen anh phai khong?

You not only short cut but lazy.. left out a word that dun seem to have a shortform..

Bay gio em dang noi chuyen voi anh phai khong?

Regards,
vlover

Killer_c
03-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I also think likewise...

Since so many seniors ard, I also contribute abit..

Bo gia gam co non... Anyone??

Oi.. oi ly nang oi... oi ly nang oi... 让小弟弟试试看。。

Bo gia gam co non = 老牛要吃嫩草。。 :cool:

KangTuo
04-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Bo gia gam co non = ???????? :cool:

Whao lao... You have been taking TV lesson recently ha?
Suddenly so good.
For sure I can retire already.
Today I don't even know how to ask for vb phone number and name. Old already.

jackbl
04-08-2010, 01:02 AM

'e ko co bitbo'

Sorry. I didnt say I m good at understanding VB. Those words some common short forms used by VNese. As for the above I dun understand at all. Why used a "foreign" word to replace those that find in vn?

if bitbo=Passport==hộ chiếu

情感王子
04-08-2010, 09:16 AM
'e ko co bitbo'

"I don't have passport"

Can it be typo error?
em khong co biet bo
if so, I also don't know what it means. :p:confused:

Killer_c
04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
For sure I can retire already.
Today I don't even know how to ask for vb phone number and name. Old already.

ANH XAO QUA NHE..!!!! :rolleyes:

KangTuo
04-08-2010, 11:22 PM
ANH XAO QUA NHE..!!!! :rolleyes:

no.. should be xao pa co. :D

but it is real that I don't even dare to talk or get phone number from the vb.
Need vk's help some more. :o

cannot post in the forum about this vb.

KangTuo
05-08-2010, 09:39 AM
yesterday recieve an unknown sms from a vb. Anyone to help the meaning highlight in red?

E noi cho a nghe, e kg can bit a voi ban a the nao. Nhung neu a va ban a muon tim nguoi dua don thi cho toi xin loi da tim lam nguoi.

jackbl
05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
E noi cho a nghe, e kg can bit a voi ban a the nao. Nhung neu a va ban a muon tim nguoi dua don thi cho toi xin loi da tim lam nguoi.

the words dua don also very interesting. đưa đón = fuck and forget :D

tim lầm nguoi = 找错人

Very intesting sms. Your purposes also leh :p

U Super Senior(also one that reply the most enquiries :D) here still ask this question where words can be found in DICK-tionary, wish I can zap u but I upped u already, not backside yet ;)

KangTuo
05-08-2010, 12:39 PM
the words dua don also very interesting. đưa đón = fuck and forget

tim lam nguoi = 找错人

Very intesting sms. Your purposes also leh

cam on thay giao jackbl.

from vdict, đưa đón = to meet and see off (somehow similar)

jackbl
05-08-2010, 12:45 PM
from vdict, đưa đón = to meet and see off (somehow similar)

To the gals, the meaning is Fucked and moved on to next VBs. She dun wan that, she wanted u to KC her longer, no KC, Fuck no sướng :D :p

jackbl
06-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Controls on Viet Kieu house ownership abolished

VietNamNet Bridge – Effective August 8, 2010, overseas Vietnamese who still hold Vietnamese citizenship can own any number of houses in Vietnam.

Government decree 71 on the implementation of the Housing Law resolves many issues related to the ownership of houses of overseas Vietnamese (Việt kiều). Specifically, they will be allowed to buy houses as many as they wish if they still hold Vietnamese citizenship. That category includes Viet kieu who bear foreign passports but have documents proving that they have not lost their Vietnamese citizenship.

Certain other Viet kieu will also have the right to buy and sell houses in Vietnam freely. These include Viet kieu investors, Viet kieu who contribute to Vietnam’s development, are scientists, cultural experts, experts in ‘fields that Vietnam needs,’ or are married to Vietnamese citizens who live in Vietnam.

People of Vietnamese origin who don’t belong to the above categories but have been granted a visa exemption certificate are allowed to buy one house or one apartment in Vietnam.

Ways to prove ‘Vietnamese origin’

Bearers of Vietnamese passports that are still valid need only show documents proving their temporary residence in Vietnam, certified by local police where they live.

Those who bear valid foreign passports must present documents that prove their Vietnamese citizenship (usually a document issued by a Vietnamese embassy in their current country of residence) and temporary residence card or passport with a certificate of temporary residence or a stamp allowing them to live in Vietnam for at least three months that has been granted by the Vietnamese immigration agency.

Viet kieu wishing to buy more than one house in Vietnam must show their valid foreign passports; documents proving their Vietnamese origin; documents proving that they belong to the group of people with Vietnamese origin who have the right to own houses without restriction in Vietnam as explained above; and temporary residence card or passports with certification of temporary residence of at least three months.

XL

KangTuo
06-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Yesterday night recv another sms from a vb.

A nghe day toi kg thich ai keu toi bang e y.
Toi ghet cay ghet dang 2 chu e y. 2 chu do chi danh cho nguoi dan ong xao tra ma thoi. chang le a la nguoi dan ong do.

What is the wording in red?

cbrsammy
06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Yesterday night recv another sms from a vb.

A nghe day toi kg thich ai keu toi bang e y.
Toi ghet cay ghet dang 2 chu e y. 2 chu do chi danh cho nguoi dan ong xao tra ma thoi. chang le a la nguoi dan ong do.

What is the wording in red?

xao tra ma thoi = xảo quyệt + dối trá mà thôi

cunning + false

Haha, nice combination!!! :D

jackbl
07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
One working hour equivalent to one ice cream

VietNamNet Bridge – Hundreds of thousand people have left the countryside for big cities to become workers, hoping to change their lives. Meager salaries and difficulties await them in urban centres, pushing them into a dark alley.

Non-subsistence wages

Nguyen Thi Lan, 26, from Quang Tri, became a garment company employee in HCM City early this year, earning 1.2 million dong ($63) a month.

“My company announced that the initial salary is over 2 million dong, so I applied for this job. Unexpectedly, they pay 5000 dong ($0.26, enough to by an ice cream) for each hour. After three months, if we pass the skills test, they will pay 7000 dong per hour,” Lan revealed.

“That is too low, isn’t it? Girls like me like nosh, but since I’ve worked here, I have given up nosh, because if I buy an ice cream, I will spend one-hour of my salary. I will work here for several months and seek a new job. I can’t live with 1.2 million dong in this city.”

It is true that Lan’s salary is not enough to live HCM City, Hanoi, Binh Duong or Dong Nai.

Hang has been a garment worker in HCM City for nine years. Her monthly earnings are now 1.6 million dong, and over 1.7 million dong if she works extra hours.

“I have to pay 275,000 dong for accommodations (she shares a room with another worker), 8000 dong/breakfast, 12,000 dong/diner, water, gas, electricity charges, etc. Prices have increased sharply. I’ve just found out that my rent will rise next month. I don’t know how to live!” Hang complained.

Hang noted that, before 2010, her salary was 1.5 million dong/month on average, but life was easier. “When the Government raised the minimum wage (as of January 1, 2010), our income increased a little, but prices of many goods soared. The accommodation charge was only 150,000/person before, but it has surged to 275,000/person and will rise more. The price for a hu tieu bowl (noodle) was 4000 dong last year and now has doubled. Dinner is 12,000 dong now,” Hang analysed.

Life is harder for blue collar families. After work, thousands of Pouchen Company employees in Dong Nai province go to markets to buy food for dinner. Most only bought vegetables; some had several eggs or a thin piece of pork.

Worker Tran Thi Thanh of Hai Duong was one of them. After buying a bundle of vegetables and three eggs, she picked up her daughter from kindergarten and they returned home. Thanh and her husband have worked at Pouchen for more than nine years. As a senior worker, her salary is considered high in her company, over 2.5 million dong/month. The couple earns a total of over 5 million dong a month, quite high in comparison to other workers.

Thanh lamented: “We have two children, but we must send one to my sister in Hai Duong because our income is only enough for three members.”

“We must pay 350,000 dong for our room. The landlord will raise it to 500,000 next month. Electricity began rising as of March. I must pay 1 million dong in school fees plus milk for my daughter. Food, gas, etcare cost from 2-3 million dong. Our income is just sufficient to cover daily spending. We don’t save a penny,” Thanh calculated.

Nguyen Thu Ha worked for a Dong Nai garment firm for over four years, but her income was only 1.4 million dong a month. Last year Ha and her husband left Dong Nai for Binh Duong, hoping to find a better job. However, the new job brings in only 1.5 million dong/month.

“My salary is enough for myself. My husband was previously a timber worker. He worked very hard, but he could earn 1.2 million dong a month. Recently he quit that job to work as a builder to earn 80,000-100,000 dong ($4-5) a day. Our total income can’t cover expenditures for us and our two children. We plan to return our hometown (Ha Nam province) to grow rice. We can do extra jobs after harvest time. The cost of living in rural areas is low, so we may save several million dong a year.”

Back to the countryside

Not only Ha and her husband, but many workers must return home because of low wages.

Nguyen Thanh Hung from Dong Thap province, who was seeking a new job at an employment service centre in Dong Nai province, observed: “After Tet holiday at home, I stayed to harvest rice to earn 70,000-80,000 dong a day. If my wife didn’t ask me to find a new job, I would have stayed in my hometown to do field work. I worked as a footwear worker, earning just 1.3 million dong a month. In my hometown, I can earn more growing rice and as a hired worker after harvest time. Many people in my hometown have returned to work in the fields.”

Nguyen Thi Phuong, 30, from Ha Tinh is lucky. She worked as a garment worker in HCM City since 1998. After 12 years, she didn’t save anything. Her salary was only 1.8 million dong, even though she was an experienced worker.

She had to borrow money to organize her wedding. Her husband, also a garment worker, made only 1.5 million dong. After delivering a child, their life became more difficult and they had to live in debt. They returned home this past Tet holiday and Phuong found a job at a local garment factory with a monthly salary of nearly 2 million dong because she is a skilled worker.

Nguyen Thi Duong, 25, from Nghe An is also fortunate. She quit her five-year job at a company in HCM City’s Tan Thuan export processing zone, with monthly earnings of 1.5 million dong, to return home. She is now employed by a gas lighter factory in Vinh City, earning 1.8 million dong a month.

Low salaries not a secret

Both employers and state management agencies admit that worker wages are too low, but nothing changes.

Wen Shih Hung, director of the Taiwan-invested Pouchen Company in Dong Nai province, told Thanh Nien newspaper: “We have been here for more than 15 years and we have obeyed every regulation of the Vietnamese state on labour. At our company, apart from the minimum salary set by the State, workers are paid production bonuses, industrious bonuses and subsistence assistance. How much is enough? It is hard to say, but actually with monthly incomes of 1.7-1.8 million (nearly $100), it is very difficult for a worker to live. They must share rooms and meals to save money.”

Wen remarked that the minimum salary set by the State is defined based on various factors. If it is too high, it will be difficult for companies to compete. If the current salary remains, it is too difficult for workers.

“Foreign investors like us always want to reduce difficulties for workers. So the State should do something to share with us, for example, reducing taxes. The State doesn’t suffer a loss from this because, if wages rise, workers will spend more and the State can collect more taxes,” Wen analysed.

Trieu Van Lang, personnel manager of Taiwanese-invested Thong Dung Footwear Co, Ltd. in Binh Duong province, noted: “We have just raised worker wages, but the cost of living also soared so it is still hard for them.”

Nguyen Van Khuong, Binh Duong Labour Federation Vice Chair, maintained: “Annually the Government adjusts the minimum salary twice and each time it increases, prices also rise. Coincidentally, prices also rise twice a year.”

Le Thanh Tam, HCM City Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs Director, commented that “Workers’ present wages have not caught up with inflation.”

Trieu Van Lang from Thong Dung Footwear Co, Ltd. agreed that current salaries are too low. “Vietnam’s minimum salary is lower than China’s by several times (his company has a factory in China). Our company pays higher than the Government’s level to keep workers with us.”

Khuong had the same idea as Lang. “The Government should reconsider the minimum wage. Even employers admit that it is too low so workers have “asked” for extra hours to have more income. But if they work too much, the employers are accused of violating labour rules.”

Tam also explained that “Companies complain that they lack workers because of low salaries. To earn more, laborers must work 12 hours a day. Normally a worker can work from 30-40 years, but being overworked, they can only expect to work 10-20 years.” He added that workers return to the countryside under the law of the labour market. To recruit workers, companies must move their factories to locations with low labour costs, otherwise they have to raise salaries to attract workers.

“Some employers said they would recruit workers from the Philippines and Laos, but Vietnamese law only allows them to use foreign experts and technicians who must be university graduates with five years of experience. Moreover, they can’t pay enough to Vietnamese workers so how can they pay foreign workers,” Tam exclaimed.

Lam Duy Tin, deputy director of Dong Nai province Department of Labour, War Invalids and Social Affairs, revealed that the Dong Nai Party Committee has asked the provincial government to propose that the Government increase the minimum salary.

PV

dynamoo
07-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Chào các anh ch
Cha cha.... trên này hay quá....
Em là newbie, cho tham gia với ạ

jackbl
07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
To all EPL fans in vn and the Fren who wanted to watch the 1st EPL match this season in HCMC

K+ must share broadcast right of English Premier League

VietNamNet Bridge – The Ministry of Information and Communications met companies related to the broadcast right of some elite European football events last week to find out a solution for this case.

After the meeting, Deputy Minister Do Quy Dan announced that related sides agreed to add channels provided by K+ into other paid TV systems in Vietnam, including the Hanoi Cable Television (HCTV) and HCM City Cable Television (SCTV). Related sides will negotiate the charges reasonably but not violate regulations on copyright that K+ signed with its partner.

"We assigned Viet Nam Television (VTV) to hold discussions and negotiations with other TV stations regarding football broadcasts. The television stations should negotiate with bidders based on reasonable subscriber costs, which provide the best service to the masses," said Doan.

"K+ should share the English Premier League broadcast with other stations. Provisionally, K+ will provide other stations with payment subscriptions, which includes the English Premiership on Sundays, depending on negotiations," Doan added.

"The ministry told us to develop a solution with the other pay-to-view cable services. We’re a business, so we can’t lose money from a sale of the broadcasts," said general director of K+, Cao Van Liet.

"We’ve negotiated with them (SCTV, HCTV), but we have yet come to an agreement with bidders. However, I can say that subscribers of other television stations will be able to watch all the Premiership matches on cable if the other cable TV stations agree with us on fees," Liet confirmed.

According to Vu Quang Huy, deputy director of VTC Digital Television, K+ will not allowed to exclusive broadcast matches on Sunday of the English Premier League (EPL). Negotiation between other broadcasters and VSTV, the holder of broadcast right of the EPL will be held as soon as possible.

Huy said they had been offered the English Premiership coverage from foreign partners, but had not been able to agree due to their price.

"I think, we should consider how to balance business and consumer benefits. I agree about the establishment of a subscription TV station association, who will resolve disputes and costs related to such agreements," Huy said.

"It’s time that TV stations joined in the healthy competition for pay-to-view TV services, which will help improve the quality of TV programmes."

About the long-term solution for television broadcast right in Vietnam, Deputy Minister Doan said the MoIC had just submitted to the government the draft regulations on paid TV business in Vietnam. This will be the legal foundation to control activities related to paid TV services in Vietnam.

The Ministry also agreed in principle the establishment of the Vietnam Paid Television Association. Before this association is set up, the ministry said that TV service providers should choose a representative to negotiate with foreign partners to avoid competition among them. It suggested VTV, as the national TV station, to assume this role.

Until now, it has been the race between VTV and then VCTV (Vietnam Cable Television) and VTC Digital Television, the two largest paid TV service providers in Vietnam. In mid-June, K+, a new televisions service of VSTV, a joint venture between VTV and Canal Plus, announced to be the exclusive holder of broadcast right of EPL and some European football events in Vietnam the next season.

K+ won a $10 million contract for a three-year exclusive right to broadcast the world’s most popular football leagues. If K+ holds the exclusive right, Vietnamese audience, though having paid for other paid TV services, will have to pay more (1.5 million dong for signal receiver and monthly subscription fee of 250,000 dong) to K+ to enjoy these matches.

Under the social pressure, K+ allowed two channels of VTV – VCTV3 and TV Football – to broadcast EPL’s matches on Saturday and Monday.

The negotiations between K+ and its bidders continue, while the world’s top football championships kick off this August.

PV

jackbl
08-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Hoang Anh Gia Lai group sells convertible bonds to Temasek
================================================== =

VietNamNet Bridge – The well known Vietnamese Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group said it hopes legal procedures will be completed within August 2010 which allows it to sell $60 million worth of convertible bonds to Temasek Holdings, an investment corporation belonging to the Singaporean government.

Chairman of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group Doan Nguyen Duc revealed the information about the bond issue to Thoi bao Kinh te Saigon on the sideline of the meeting, where Hoang Anh Gia Lai introduced the plan on restructuring the group to shareholders and potential investors in HCM City on the afternoon of July 30.

Duc said last week, Hoang Anh Gia Lai and Temasek signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on the bond issue, while the investment affair has been approved by the investment council of Temasek.

Currently, Hoang Anh Gia Lai is following formalities in Vietnam to implement the deal. It has to consult with the group’s shareholders and seek to get the approval from the State Securities Commission (SSC), before a contract is compiled and signed by the two involved parties.

Duc told Thoi bao Kinh te Saigon that all procedures may be completed by Aug. 20. The convertible bonds, which will become stakes after a certain time, will have the term of one year.

Hoang Anh Gia Lai will try to wrap up the affair with Temasek soon, and Duc said it still does not have any further plan to issue bonds to foreign investors, even though some German and Swiss investors have expressed their willingness to purchase Hoang Anh Gia Lai’s bonds.

When asked why Hoang Anh Gia Lai chooses Temasek to sell bonds, Duc said Temasek is a big corporation belonging to the Singaporean government, which is willing to make long-term investments (always 10 years or more).

Regarding the sum of money Hoang Anh Gia Lai gets from issuing bonds, Duc said the money will be used for projects on rubber, minerals and hydropower plants.

Hoang Anh Gia Lai has basically wrapped up the procedures to restructure the holding companies and five subsidiaries. Hoang Anh Gia Lai now operates in many fields, from rubber plantation, minerals, real estate, hydropower plants and wooden furniture production.

Rubber plantations will be the top priority of the group with the establishment of the Hoang Anh Gia Lai Rubber Corporation. The corporation now owns 51,000 hectares of land for growing rubber in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. It is managing the business through six subsidiaries which have operations in the three countries.

According to Duc, the group has 24,000 hectares of rubber being grown in the Central Highlands of Vietnam and in Laos and Cambodia. The group plan to expand the area for rubber growing to 64,000 hectares.

Meanwhile, the Hoang Anh Gia Lai Mineral Joint Stock Company will become the Hoang Anh Gia Lai Mineral General Corporation. The corporation has six subsidiaries in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, and it owns iron mines in the three countries, which have total reserves of 60 million tons.

Hoang Anh Gia Lai Real Estate General Corporation has been set up based on the Hoang Anh Construction and Housing Development Company. The corporation now owns 20 real estate projects, six of which have been completed.

Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group will also have a hydropower development company that will make investments in 17 projects with the total capacity of 420 MW.

The main goal of Hoang Anh Gia Lai when it tries to restructure the group is to improve corporate governance and make the group more flexible in mobilizing capital. Duc said the convertible bond issuance to Temasek and other earnings from real estate will bring some 5 trillion dong to Hoang Anh Gia Lai which will be poured on its five main business fields.

After rubber, Hoang Anh Gia Lai prioritizes the development of mineral exploitation, real estate development, construction and hydropower.

As planned, Hoang Anh Gia Lai will sell 10 percent of stakes in every business field to strategic investors and then sell another 20 percent of stakes to the public before it lists its shares on the stock exchange, slated for the second quarter of 2011 to 2014.

Source: Thoi bao Kinh te Saigon

KangTuo
08-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Anh jackbl, you so hardworking. 4+am still read and post vn news ha?
Not drink enough in 678 so no tired ha?

jackbl
08-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Anh jackbl, you so hardworking. 4+am still read and post vn news ha?
Not drink enough in 678 so no tired ha?

Waiting for u to post enquiries of SMS from VBs leh :D ;)

KangTuo
08-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Waiting for u to post enquiries of SMS from VBs leh

Later you say I lazy again. :(

jackbl
08-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Later you say I lazy again. :(

If u checked dick-tionary already but dun hv then i wont say that :D ;)

U are not lazy in going to beach/seaside :D

KangTuo
08-08-2010, 01:48 PM
U are not lazy in going to beach/seaside :D

no one is lazy going to beach with vb lah...
yesterday I run 2 shift at the beach :p

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Hi all,
very long time since i came on... Seems like its still very happening!!!!

jackbl
08-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi all,
very long time since i came on... Seems like its still very happening!!!!

Here no happening. Only some boring news article and a few bro tcss. More happening when u go chiong with Bro KT & gang :D

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:22 PM
retire from chionging liao... but...(if u know what i mean)
well just came back from vn with wife so a bit... uhmmp!!!

jackbl
08-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Chào các anh ch
Cha cha.... trên này hay quá....
Em là newbie, cho tham gia với ạ

Chào bạn! hoan nghênh!
Bạn, co the tu giới thiệu mot chut k?

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:29 PM
wah here more and more pro liao... i got to buck up even more liao... hahaha

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
kg thich ve singapore... buon qua nho vn nhieu lam lam sao day... o singapore 1 ngay kg co di lam kg co tien.... o vn 10 may ngay kg co di lam cung co tien.... met qua ve singapore. 1 nam het roi ve vn mai mai kg ve singapore roi.

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:35 PM
troi oi bay gio o day co nhieu nguoi biet noi tieng viet roi.

blur185
08-08-2010, 04:42 PM
bay gio di chua... ngay mai gap.

KangTuo
08-08-2010, 04:48 PM
More happening when u go chiong with Bro KT & gang :D

you more happening. hug your 25yo vb in 678 halfway then stand outside sian the syt vb for so long... standing closer and closer when talking. :D

I no hug vb in 678, everytime must keep a look out if a vb come near me. :(

lovesprout
08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I checked the vdict, but I still don't understand the following two messages. Anyone can help?

1. hinh anh ko trung thuc bang gap o ngoai (trung thuc = earnest)

2. em hoi anh de hinh cua e o dau trong the nho may chup hinh hay trong laptop (may chup hinh = camera)

The background information is that I took several pictures of her when I visited her in Vietnam. We were talking about these pictures. Thanks.

jackbl
08-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I checked the vdict, but I still don't understand the following two messages. Anyone can help?

2. em hoi anh de hinh cua e o dau trong the nho may chup hinh hay trong laptop .

My limited knowledge only able to decrypt the 2nd sentence.

I ask u, leave the photo of mine where? Inside memory card of camera or inside laptop.

Can let me know the first sentence meaning after u know? Tks

KangTuo
09-08-2010, 05:12 AM

Can let me know the first sentence meaning after u know? Tks

It means that lovesprout looks more sincere in person.

lovesprout
09-08-2010, 07:49 AM
My limited knowledge only able to decrypt the 2nd sentence.

I ask u, leave the photo of mine where? Inside memory card of camera or inside laptop.

Haha, after reading your post, I realized that "the nho" may chup hinh = "memory card" in camera.

Can we translate "bang gap o ngoai" as "in person"?

If I combine your translation with my understanding, probably she wants to say that "the pictures I took for her cannot honestly reflect what she looks in person"

jackbl
09-08-2010, 11:38 AM

If I combine your translation with my understanding, probably she wants to say that "the pictures I took for her cannot honestly reflect what she looks in person"

IMHO,
she says that the photo of u does not look the same as in person.

Some people is more photogenic, some ppl looks better in person :)

jackbl
09-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Haha, nice combination!!! :D

Shifu, I can write vn words of what i m thinking to write, but when ppl write in vn, I hv difficulty to understand. How?

I also cannot read VNese newspaper too. I dun understand what the people in the Television talk about.... How to overcome this???

jackbl
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi bros, i m boring today so a bit KKDD..... Came across some website and saw these sentences in a forum. Anyone wan to try to translate it?

Các em này mình tổng hợp từ các diễn đàn xxx khác và từ các ae khác đã check đã share, các em hàng này đều đi giá 300k/s , 500k/h , về các khoản làm tình + bj khá chuyên nghiệp , các em đi vui vẻ tình cảm ko hối thúc, rất đáng để các ae check..bổ sung thêm là các ae khi gọi phone nhớ đừng nói biết số e trên web nhớ nói đúng pass mình cho.

SING_IN_HCMC
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi bros, i m boring today so a bit KKDD..... Came across some website and saw these sentences in a forum. Anyone wan to try to translate it?

Các em này mình tổng hợp từ các diễn đàn xxx khác và từ các ae khác đã check đã share, các em hàng này đều đi giá 300k/s , 500k/h , về các khoản làm tình + bj khá chuyên nghiệp , các em đi vui vẻ tình cảm ko hối thúc, rất đáng để các ae check..bổ sung thêm là các ae khi gọi phone nhớ đừng nói biết số e trên web nhớ nói đúng pass mình cho.

You got his from porn site uh?

KangTuo
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM

bang gap = by seeing/meeting
o ngoai = at outside

IMHO,
she says that the photo of u does not look the same as in person.

same meaning.
the only thing is that the photo is about him or her which lovesprout knows better. becasue the word "hinh anh".

hinh anh = the photo or his photo???

"the pictures I took for her cannot honestly reflect what she looks in person"

KangTuo
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi bros, i m boring today so a bit KKDD..... Came across some website

yesterday no go hunting so today KKDD right?
if you see too much of this website, maybe you will KTTN :p

must be from the website which birdie posted in the vietnam TCSS thread. :D

jackbl
09-08-2010, 03:18 PM

must be from the website which birdie posted in the vietnam TCSS thread. :D

All 2 very good leh. Can read exact vn words. Can try to translate? :D

jackbl
09-08-2010, 03:23 PM
the only thing is that the photo is about him or her which lovesprout knows better. becasue the word "hinh anh".

hinh anh = the photo or his photo???

Good observation!!! That's why must write in exact vn word then will know the true meaning. :)

AdGuy
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM

Err... he only visits porn sites. :D

creeve
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM

Here? => http://goihang.com/archive/index.php?t13530.html

I love the first pic...

KangTuo
10-08-2010, 10:22 AM
các em hàng này đều đi giá 300k/s , 500k/h , về các khoản làm tình + bj khá chuyên nghiệp[/SIZE][/COLOR]

All 2 very good leh. Can read exact vn words. Can try to translate? :D

nnkc, see the word lam tinh and bj already got the hint.
If you cannot translate, how you expect us to know. Thay giao jackbl oi.

KangTuo
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Anyone to help on the meaning highlighted in red?

N** : buon wa ngu kg dc lam sao day
KT: E suy nghi e ngu e se mo thay a, e se het buon va se ngu dc.
N** : E suy nghi ve a wa nhieu lo roi e thuong a roi sao
N**: A co biet khi thuong mot nguoi nao do la a se kho lam kg.
KT: A kg bit thuong 1ng nao a se kho nhung a biet neu a kg co e, a se buon nhieu. (replied without knowing exactly what she mean)
N**: A noi la khi thuong mot nguoi a se kg kho. Nhu vay la a co that su thuong nguoi ta kg
KT: A kg co noi a kg biet kho
N**: kg noi nua yeu hay han la do chin ban than a
KT: Uh. A buon ngu roi. ngay mai a phai thuc som di lam
N: E dau co cam a ngu dau, do duyen
KT: A la ng do duyen pa co ma.
N: Bo tay. Nhieu chuyen ngu di mai di lam.
KT: ZZZzzzzzz

jackbl
10-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Vietnamese spelling mistakes ring 'alarm': report

Nearly eight percent of the words in Vietnamese texts are misspelled, according to a group of researchers who published their findings on Wednesday.

The report, issued by the Information Technology Institute, Vietnam National University-Hanoi stated that spelling errors in public banners, posters and government releases had reached an “alarming” level.

Spelling errors were equally prevalent in college and research institute texts, according to the report which was sponsored by VieGrid Company - an IT firm.

In the past six months, the investigators examined more than 67,000 texts from 177 sources.

Texts issued by the Food Safety and Hygiene Department under the Ministry of Health contain the most mistakes; 38.46 percent of words were misspelled. The Vietnam Atomic Energy Institute came in a close second at just over 31 percent.

Overall, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism topped the list, accroding to the newspaper Tien Phong.

The report found that the press and communications sector was responsible for the greatest number of errors while the Banking sector made the fewest.

30 percent of stories issued by the news websites VOVNews and VnExpress were found to contain spelling slip-ups.

Doctor Nguyen Ai Viet, the lead author of the report, said he conducted a survey to ascertain an acceptable rate for spelling errors. Linguistics experts said one percent; IT experts responded between 2.5-5 percent, Viet said.

The experts said they considered a 10 percent margin of error “alarming.” Howerver, they agreed that when a mistake is repeated and accounts for more than 30 percent of all noted errors, the mistake becomes accepted spelling.

Most of the mistakes pertained to the use of the consonants “x” or “s”.

The word “xoi moi” (inquisitive) is spelled incorrectly as “soi moi,” more than 74 percent of the time, so both are considered acceptable. Likewise, the word “xan lan” (bright) was spelled nearly 42 percent of the time as "sang lan."

Dr. Viet said his research group will continue to study the problem on a larger scale and plans to initiate a campaign to combat spelling mistakes.

He said it would be “very wrong” to view spelling errors as a minor issue.

The Vietnam News Agency quoted Dr. Viet as cautioning: “Law texts with spelling mistakes will affect residents’ confidence. Newspapers and books with spelling mistakes will distort the information, leaving germs for the language and the thinking of younger generations.”

He plans to continue updating his findings every three months. The results will be posted on www.xephangvanban.com.

Linguistics professor Tran Tri Doi from the Hanoi University of Social Sciences and Humanities told Dan Tri that, for the past two decades, government agencies have issued a lot of conflicting rules about Vietnamese language and spelling.

Doi said such an “inconsistent” system of standards cannot go on forever.

“It’s time to set up a consistent and logical Language Law to apply all over the country,” Doi said.

Source: Agencies

MrDarkSide
10-08-2010, 03:34 PM

1) Do you know when you love a person, you will be kho lam ?
2) I dont understand. :confused:

KangTuo
10-08-2010, 05:26 PM

I dont understand. :confused:

I managed to translate some myself already. Else later I kana from thay giao jackbl say I lazy. But I still need help.

"kg noi nua yeu hay han la do chin ban than a"
khong noi nua = don't say already
yeu hay hận la = love or hatred is
do chin bản thân a = things ????????? your ownself

in vdict only have chín as the number 9. :confused:

cbrsammy
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
in vdict only have chín as the number 9. :confused:

Again, typo error, how to guess??? MUST be chính

Killer_c
10-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Anyone to help on the meaning highlighted in red?

1) Do you know when you love a person, you will be kho lam ?
2) I dont understand. :confused:

1) do you know when you love some1, it means you will be hurt and sorrow
2) love or don't love, it depends on you

Correct, Senior KT & DS..??

KangTuo
11-08-2010, 12:34 AM
1) do you know when you love some1, it means you will be hurt and sorrow

where you take your TV lesson?
improving leaps and bounds :eek:
are you quitely keeping a co giao? ;)

jackbl
11-08-2010, 02:03 AM

Really impressed me..... :eek: I m surprised, u let me 刮目相看

jackbl
11-08-2010, 08:50 AM

This piece of news for u :

Blue ear disease hits southern city

Blue ear disease has been discovered in Ho Chi Minh City, prompting local agencies to destroy 194 pigs in District 12, the city’s Animal Health Agency announced Friday.

The southern city has yet to be listed as an official outbreak site because the virus has only been found in healthy pigs, Tuoi Tre newspaper quoted Hoang Van Nam, chief of the Department of Animal Health under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development as saying.

As of Friday the disease, known as Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, has hit 16 provinces across the country, according to the department.

Since late last month over 43,000 pigs have been sickened, half of which have been destroyed, Duong Van Ky, an official from the department said.

In June 2009, the department annouced that Vietnam had successfully curbed the spread of foot-and-mouth disease, bird flu and blue ear disease.

On April 3, however, blue ear cropped up again in the northern province of Hai Duong.

Reported by Thanh Nien Staff

jackbl
11-08-2010, 08:59 AM

For u....................

ESPN and Star Sports will not air EPL in Vietnam

VietNamNet Bridge – The two channels this morning, August 9, removed the English Premier League (EPL) from their broadcast schedule because they don’t have to right to show this event in Vietnam.

EPL is replaced by other sport events on their website schedule. ESPN and Star Sports don’t have the right to broadcast EPL in Vietnam, Thailand or Singapore, but they can air EPL in some regions of Indonesia, Laos and Cambodia.

In its latest document sent to Canal+ (France), the partner of VSTV which operates K+ channel, MP&Silva confirmed that only VSTV holds the broadcast right of the Series A (Italy) football event and VSTV is the only broadcaster in Vietnam which has the right to air all EPL matches in the next three seasons.

The Singapore-based MP&Silva holds exclusive broadcast rights for EPL in Vietnam for the next three seasons. It sold Sunday matches to VSTV and Saturday and Monday matches for some other paid TV channels in Vietnam like VCTV, HTV, and VTC.

Hanoi Television also has broadcast rights for matches on Saturdays and Monday and it will air these matches free of charge on HTV1 and HTV2.

A month ago VSTV, the owner of K+ channel, announced it held the rights to broadcast all matches of EPL in Vietnam over the next three seasons. Other broadcasters who also bought EPL broadcast rights can only broadcast matches on Saturday, Monday or midweek. K+ is willing to allow other channels to transfer Sunday matches if they can reach agreements on fees.

On August 8 ESPN and Star Sports announced their EPL schedule in Vietnam. VSTV and VCTV immediately confirmed that the two foreign channels don’t have the right to air EPL in Vietnam.

PV

shysaint
11-08-2010, 11:30 AM
This Gal is quite chio teaching Vietnam Language in youtube ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol-SxJgOSQs&feature=channel

jackbl
11-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Got a sms from a SYT. I asked her what she is doing, here is her reply. She used many short form. Anyone can guess?

SYT: E dag mug sn pe tien e chua ve a ngu tru dj chuc a ngu ng

KangTuo
11-08-2010, 02:38 PM

My guess it that she is looking after/spoon feeding/whatever little tien (name). She have not go home. She ask you to sleep first and wish you good night.

she leave most of the 'o' and 'n' in the sms

E dang mug sn be tien, e chua ve, a ngu truoc di. chuc a ngu ngon

still have not decode 'mug sn'

Mr MCBB
11-08-2010, 05:41 PM
My guess it that she is looking after/spoon feeding/whatever little tien (name). She have not go home. She ask you to sleep first and wish you good night.

You guys are simply amazing.........:eek:

Good to have hardworking forumners like you gentlemen around ;)

Clap clap clap clap :p

Mr MCBB
11-08-2010, 05:43 PM

You guys are simply amazing :eek: but its definitely beneficial to the forum to have such hardworking forumners such around :p

Please keep it up clap clap clap ;)

zhu star
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Need help from bros here for translation:

'You still angry and unhappy with me? Do you know that you will get old and ugly very fast if you keep on being angry? I waiting to see you smile again'

Thanks

jackbl
12-08-2010, 02:08 AM

KT, u so clever :) :p

mug sn = MUNG SINH NHAT == celebrate birthday.

pe tien = BE TIEN = name of friend.

jackbl
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Need help from bros here for translation:

'You still angry and unhappy with me? Do you know that you will get old and ugly very fast if you keep on being angry? I waiting to see you smile again'

Thanks

Bro, why u so lazy??? :D Go to this http://vdict.com/?autotranslation and the result is as below:

bạn vẫn còn tức giận và không hài lòng với tôi không? Bạn có biết rằng bạn sẽ nhận được cũ và xấu xí rất nhanh nếu bạn tiếp tục được tức giận? Tôi chờ đợi để xem bạn nụ cười lần nữa '

I just change a few words from above:
Em vẫn còn tức giận và không hài lòng với anh không? Em có biết rằng em sẽ nhận già và xấu xí rất nhanh nếu em tiếp tục tức giận? Anh đợi để xem em cười nữa

zhu star
12-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Bro, why u so lazy??? :D Go to this http://vdict.com/?autotranslation and the result is as below:

bạn vẫn còn tức giận và không hài lòng với tôi không? Bạn có biết rằng bạn sẽ nhận được cũ và xấu xí rất nhanh nếu bạn tiếp tục được tức giận? Tôi chờ đợi để xem bạn nụ cười lần nữa '

I just change a few words from above:
Em vẫn còn tức giận và không hài lòng với anh không? Em có biết rằng em sẽ nhận già và xấu xí rất nhanh nếu em tiếp tục tức giận? Anh đợi để xem em cười nữa

Thank you big bro. Btw hope you enjoy yourself last nite:)

jackbl
12-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Btw hope you enjoy yourself last nite:)

100/1 :D U know this code??? :p

jackbl
12-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Got a sms from a SYT. I asked her what she is doing, here is her reply. She used many short form. Anyone can guess?

After that I ask her, how is the outing? The bd celebration, she go out with Be Tien, and 2 guys.

SYT : Di choi co vui dau ng ta noj e o hiu j het e bun ngu mun chet huu

KangTuo
12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
After that I ask her, how is the outing? The bd celebration, she go out with Be Tien, and 2 guys.

SYT : Di choi co vui dau ng ta noj e o hiu j het e bun ngu mun chet huu

this want you should know liao right? never ask us to guess...

I very free so I guess is:

Di choi co vui dau? nguoi ta noi em khong hieu gi het. Em buon ngu muon chet. huhu

Where got happy? people talk I don't understand anything. I sleepy want die. *cry*

KangTuo
12-08-2010, 11:08 AM

you go for 100/1?
thought you go at least 100/4. :D

zhu star
12-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Xin loi, anh kg hieu?

jackbl
12-08-2010, 04:53 PM
you go for 100/1?
thought you go at least 100/4. :D

Dun lidat say me. I must accumulate v long then can go for one. :(

KangTuo
12-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Dun lidat say me. I must accumulate v long then can go for one. :(

I am correct mah. You accumulate sperm very long then 1 time 4 shots mah :D

jackbl
12-08-2010, 07:28 PM
this want you should know liao right? *cry*

Yeah I know these few sentence. I just wan to share with bro here how vb write short forms. Some used non standard one which make guessing difficult. :p

jackbl
14-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Vietnamese bride on the run from sexual abuse

VietNamNet Bridge – An An Giang province mother has petitioned competent agencies to help bring her daughter back from South Korea to Vietnam. Her daughter was recently located, after being on the run from an allegedly sexually-abusive husband.

Nguyen Thi Dam, explained that her daughter named Duong Thi Bich Phung, 22, married a Korean man named Chae Seung Byeong, 39, in January through an acquaintance. She went to Korea on June 20.

According to Dam, her daughter married him for money to help her family. At the wedding ceremony, he presented his wife a pair of gold earrings, a gold necklace and $300.

“Two weeks after she went to Korea, my daughter called home saying that she was treated badly. Her husband asked for sexual relations every night. He was cruel, too, so Phuong was hurt. She tried to avoid it,” Dam explained.

According to Dam, her daughter couldn’t speak Korean, so when she was hurt by her husband, she could only make signs to him. The husband didn’t understand and thought that she opposed him.

Phung called home again in mid-July and revealed that her husband had threatened to sell her to recover their betrothal money. On July 25, Dam received a call announcing that her daughter had run away and that she must return $600 to the Korean husband.

In early July, just a week after going to Korea, Vietnamese bride Thach Thi Hoang Ngoc was stabbed to death by her mentally ill husband. This was the fourth Vietnamese bride killed by her Korean husband in the last three years.

“I didn’t have any information about my daughter. I am so worried! I am fearful that she may be murdered by her husband’s family like some Vietnamese brides recently!” Dam admitted through her tears.

The mother borrowed money to go to the South Korean Consulate General in HCM City to report her daughter’s was missing in Korea.

Several days later, her daughter called home, saying that she had been maltreated and threatened with death by her husband’s family. She was so fearful that she ran away even though her personal papers were being held by her husband. Luckily, she met another Vietnamese person, who brought her to a centre for immigrant women.

The Korean Consulate General in HCM City informed Dam that her daughter is now in good condition at the centre.

“I was very happy that my daughter is safe, but I hope that competent bodies will help bring my daughter back home. I’m afraid that she will be arrested by her husband family,” the mother revealed.

PV

KangTuo
14-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Any bro can help on this translation?

em ve toi nha roi, em nghi du cho em ban den may anh cung doi em. va ngoi voi con gai nao. nhung em nghi sai roi.

I don't really understand the sentence in red.

Senerio: KT in 678, N came in, KT hug N. 5min later, L suddenly turn up and saw KT hug N. L went back to M51. So when L went back home, she sms KT the above. :(:(

jackbl
14-08-2010, 07:59 AM

em ve toi nha roi, em nghi du cho em ban den may anh cung doi em. va ngoi voi con gai nao. nhung em nghi sai roi.

I think this sentence have some spelling mistake or sentence construction mistake, but nvrmind, my guess:

I think even though I am busy u will still wait for me and not sit with any gal.

KangTuo
14-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I think this sentence have some spelling mistake or sentence construction mistake, but nvrmind, my guess:

I think even though I am busy u will still wait for me and not sit with any gal.

how should I reply?

lovesprout
14-08-2010, 12:58 PM

I think she wanted to say "du cho em ban den may gio anh cung doi em. va ngoi voi con gai nao.

Bro Jackbl's translation is correct.

"Even if I am busy, no matter what time I arrive, you should wait for me."

lovesprout
14-08-2010, 01:05 PM
e lam sinh nhat roi e moi ban den

After I celebrate my birthday, I treat my friends [[do what?]].

Any brothers here know the meaning of moi ban den?

jackbl
14-08-2010, 04:29 PM
how should I reply?

Bro, u should not ask me this q. I can only do some simple translation. You are expert in this field, KC VBs.... :D

jackbl
14-08-2010, 04:36 PM
e lam sinh nhat roi e moi ban den

After I celebrate my birthday, I treat my friends [[do what?]].

Any brothers here know the meaning of moi ban den?

My guess is "I celebrate my bd already. I invite friends come".... :)

The word moi can be found here:
mỏi | mòi | moi | mọi | môi | mồi | mỗi | mối | mời | mới

mời = to invite (VERB)

Bro, now you are consider one of the expert in TV here in my opinion, dun disappoint me. U must set good example by checking DICK-tionary :D Must be Hardworking nhe! :p

lovesprout
14-08-2010, 09:40 PM
My guess is "I celebrate my bd already. I invite friends come".... :)

The word moi can be found here:
mỏi | mòi | moi | mọi | môi | mồi | mỗi | mối | mời | mới

mời = to invite (VERB)

Bro, now you are consider one of the expert in TV here in my opinion, dun disappoint me. U must set good example by checking DICK-tionary :D Must be Hardworking nhe! :p

Hi Jackbl. Thanks your advice, but I am not an expert la. After traveling too much, now I forgot even the most basic tieng viet. Surely I checked the dictionary before I dare to ask any questions here. I also thought about the translation you offered, but I just felt it was not correct. However, after a second thought, I think you are correct. so pai sei to ask such a simple question here... :p

jackbl
15-08-2010, 05:44 PM
HCM City to collect car fees

VietNamNet Bridge – The city authorities on August 6 approved the Tien Phong Technology Joint Stock Company’s project to collect fees from cars entering the city’s hub.

The area for fee collection surrounds the following roads: Ly Thai To – Nguyen Van Cu – Chuong Duong Wharf – Ton Duc Thang, roads along Thi Nghe canal – Dan Chu construction site – 3/2 road – Le Hong Phong – Ly Thai To. These roads belong to Districts 1, 3 and 10.

An electronic fee collecting system called Electronic Road Pricing will be installed on these roads.

HCM City authorities will collect car fees as a method to curb traffic jams during peak hours. It will become the first city in Vietnam to do so.

HCM City plans to apply Singapore’s ERP system on a trial basis. This system works in the following way: drivers purchase their cards at banks and charge their cards via ATMs; when their cars go through ERP points, fee-collecting transponders on their vehicles will automatically deduct money.

If the cards don’t have enough value or the cars don’t have transponders, cameras at ERP points will film the cars and send the pictures to the control centre.

This technology is said to easily control cars. ERP systems can be fine-tuned to requirements of any time of day.

PV

Tom_Jerry
16-08-2010, 01:09 AM
He is able to quote this vb as Miss Haig, it would means he knows EXACTLY who I am referring to.

at first only 50% from what i read and listen, now about 80% sure. i heard things from the other side too and strangely some tally here so i think and think. anyway maybe you dont care now but never mind. better keep my mouth closed since so many high points here. very dangerous. ;)

Dark_Traveller
16-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Hi Bros,

Not sure am I able to get information of LU Cafe here, was planning to visit there for my 1st time in HCMC... or any happening stop near sheraton Hotel... will be there end Sept... hope some bros can advise me... :D

Cheers...

jackbl
16-08-2010, 05:03 PM

Hi, here is another sms with short forms. Anyone wan to guess? KT u r expert liao so U just judge whether the answer is correct, ok? :D

I ask her whether she went home already at 4am. And she replied "Hom ngu k hay a nhan tin sag moi hay xl nhe a dag lm gi vay co di lm hon"

KangTuo
16-08-2010, 05:18 PM
"Hom ngu k hay a nhan tin sag moi hay xl nhe a dag lm gi vay co di lm hon"

so many letters being 'discounted'. this one very misleading to find vdict leh.
I very very free...

Hom ngu khong thay a nhan tin, sang moi thay, xin loi nhe.
A dang lam gi vay, co di lam khong

jackbl
16-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I very very free...

Nnkc. U expert sure know, just be the consultant ma. Let others hv a chance try out la. U really reached Level 9 SHEN GONG liao. :D

creeve
16-08-2010, 10:52 PM
I very very free...

managed to guess some, but without the punctuation and with so many missing letters / words, difficult to guess entire message until KT post the above.

"Yesterday sleep no see your sms, morning just see, sorlie, you do what, got work or not?"

Did she mention a "kiss" (hon)at the end of the sms? as I never see hon used to khong before.

jackbl
17-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Did she mention a "kiss" (hon)at the end of the sms? as I never see hon used to khong before.

No, not a "kiss". I also nvr see hon=khong :(

jackbl
17-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Strange news in VN!!!!

Woman reportedly pregnant for nearly two years
================================================== ====

VietNamNet Bridge – Nguyen Thi Chien, 25, in Hiep Hoa district, the northern province of Bac Giang has reportedly been pregnant for nearly two years.

Chien’s husband, Duong Van Tuan, 35, claimed that his wife has been pregnant for 21 months. He explained that his wife saw doctors the first time when she was over three months pregnant.

Doctors examined her and made an ultrasound scan, saying the child was a boy and very healthy. They calculated that she would give birth in early September 2009.

The woman had no labor pain on the days that doctors anticipated. At a local hospital, doctors examined her again and told the family they must wait because Chien has not begun labor yet. The placenta clung to the womb, so they couldn’t perform an operation, which could cause hemorrhaging.

For two months afterwards, Chien still have no sign of labor pain though she still felt the child move. When she was 11 months pregnant, the couple went to the Central Obstetrics Hospital in Hanoi and doctors still said that they must wait.

“I have been waiting for my wife’s labor for nearly one year. But I can’t wait anymore because the fetus is 21 months old already. Doctors at the Central Obstetrics Hospital made an appointment for us on August 20 to decide on an operation, but I’m so anxious, I will bring my wife to the hospital tomorrow,” Tuan told VNExpress online newspaper on August 12.

Dr. Tran Danh Cuong, chief of the Central Obstetrics Hospital’s Obstetrics 1 Ward, said this is a very weird case. He stated that no child can live for over 45 weeks in the womb. “No doctor should let a woman be pregnant for 21 months,” Cuong confirmed.

VietNamNet will bring our readers updated information about this case.

PV

shysaint
17-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought my 1st Baby overdue for 1 week already very shiong .... this one more longer ... phewwwwww ... :eek:

jackbl
17-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Billionaires in online games
===================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Today, the value of a character in the online game “Vo Lam Truyen Ky” (Swordsman) may reach a billion dong ($55,000).

At a recent competition among Vo Lam Truyen Ky players, the bonus for the winner was a virtual “Mystical World” ring, which was priced at 700 million dong of cash ($39,000). According to players of Vo Lam Truyen Ky, a computer game based on Chinese stories about the world of martial arts, anyone who owns this ring will be the champion.

The virtual world of Vo Lam Truyen Ky is weird and funny to “pagans,” the name given to those who don’t play Vo Lam Truyen Ky.

This is a story about a 60-year-old gamer. He always wakes early to play Vo Lam Truyen Ky. One day he had to go to the countryside where there is no Internet. The man still woke up early and made a phone call to his son.

“Son, help me send Hong That Thu (the name of his character in Vo Lam Truyen Ky) to the Dao Hoa Island,” he told his son.

"Which Hong That Thu, father?” the son answered.

“The beggar with nine bags. Remember to buy eight bowls of rice soup for him and let him eat the miraculous drug!” he told his son.

After a long period of playing Vo Lam Truyen Ky day and night, Hong That Thu in Vo Lam Truyen Ky, the old man’s character, has become famous. This character is among the top ten fighters who owns special tools which enhance his martial art skills. The total value in cash for this character and his equipment is around 20 million dong ($1000).

However, to reach this level in Vo Lam Truyen Ky, the man had to pay a high cost. He played the game from the early morning to mid-night, spending nearly 2 million dong ($100) a month on fees and several additional million dong a month to buy virtual weapons and to hire other gamers to collect virtual weapons for his character.

One year ago, Vo Lam Truyen Ky players were impressed when a character named Hac Dieu purchased a weapon called “Vo danh gioi chi” at the price of 250 million dong ($14,000).

After that, a gamer named Excarvator paid 270 million dong to buy a weapon called “Toan thach gioi chi”.

Recently, a rich man in HCM City surprised the Vo Lam Truyen Ky world with his character named NoaMi, which owns weapons worth around 1.2 billion dong ($63,000).

At the first auction of virtual weapons in Vo Lam Truyen Ky, the price for the “Toan thach gioi chi” ring was fixed at 78 million dong ($4,350). The price gradually increased to 150 million, then 240 million dong, and its present price of 500 million dong.

One of the most famous characters in the world of Vo Lam Truyen Ky is CuWay, which is owned by a “big boss” in HCM City. The man paid 280 million dong ($16,500) to buy a weapon named “Lang nhac vo cuc huyen ngoc boi” for his character and over 100 million dong for a virtual hat called “Trang bi hoang kim Thieu lam phai.” It is rumored that the man has paid nearly a billion dong to buy weapons for his character.

Outsiders may ask themselves why gamers would be willing to pay a billion dong for virtual things in a computer game.

To earn glory in the virtual world, perhaps!

PV

cbrsammy
17-08-2010, 05:54 PM

To me, I guess this: Hom ngu khong hay a nhan tin, sang moi hay, xin loi nhe.

情感王子
17-08-2010, 11:59 PM

which one from vdict?
hay, hãy, háy, hẩy, hấy

none seems to match the sentence

:confused::confused:

jackbl
18-08-2010, 02:01 AM

Sorry , wat does HAY means here?

VietnamLover
18-08-2010, 10:43 AM

The word 'thay' is correct, not the word 'hay'.

cbrsammy
18-08-2010, 04:21 PM
which one from vdict?
hay, hãy, háy, hẩy, hấy

none seems to match the sentence

:confused::confused:

This one: hay = come to know of

Bro jackbl pls check with her to confirm.

jackbl
19-08-2010, 01:34 AM
This one: hay = come to know of

Bro jackbl pls check with her to confirm.

Sms her but no reply. After checking the dick-tionary, the word HAY could also be right. It also make sense. Nevertheless thanks for all the contributions by brothers here. Cam on! :) ;)

jackbl
20-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Singaporean cuisine strikes southern metro
================================================== ==
Ms. Thuy Linh, the chef and owner of the Ech Xanh (Green Frog) Restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City has been surprised, of late, by the increasing number of patrons ordering her restaurant’s namesake specialty.

At Linh’s District 1 restaurant, the little croakers are served fried with salted egg, stir-fried with vegetables and curry or sliced into pomelo salad.

Most patrons order the traditional frog porridge which runs between VND70,000-180,000.

In Singapore, the dish is prepared using only the best rice and freshly killed frogs. The fresher the meat, the better the dish will absorb the rich flavors of the stew base - garlic, shallot, dark soy sauce, chili, sugar, pepper and ginger. The ingredients are combined with the frog meat and stewed until a rich stew is produced.

In a separate pot, the chef slow-cooks a light porridge of fragrant glutinous rice and tops it off with chopped green onions.

The sheer variety of frog on offer at Linh’s place stands as a testament to the versatile nature of the tiny nation’s cuisine.

“Singapore is a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural society,” Linh told Thanh Nien Weekly. Indeed, the country’s native Malay traditions have been informed by Chinese, Indian, Indonesian and English influences.

When dining out in HCMC, keep your eyes open for Singaporean chilli crab, Hainanese chicken rice, Rojak (fruit salad), fried carrot cake (steamed rice flour and white radish, fried with egg and garnished with spring onions), Roti Prata (a type of Indian pancake), Hokkien Mee (stir-fried noodles), Char Kway Teow (noodles with soy sauce, bean sprouts, sausages, fish cakes and cockles), Mee Siam (rice noodles in spicy, sweet and sour light gravy) and Bak Kut Teh (pork ribs simmered in herbs).

For Linh’s part however, you haven’t had Singaporean cuisine until you’ve sampled frog porridge.

Where to eat it

People can enjoy numerous delicacies from “the fine country” right here in HCMC.

Seafood lovers should head straight to the Red House which belongs to the owners of the famous Long Beach seafood restaurant on the East Coast Parkway.

Their repertoire includes fried crab with chilli sauce, Canadian elephant trunk snail, and steamed Scottish fingernail snails sautéed in garlic.

Reported by Nguyet Anh

jackbl
20-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Vietnam allows weaker dong, sets new reference rate

Vietnam set a lower reference rate for the dong for the third time since November, which may allow the currency to weaken and help reduce the trade deficit.

The State Bank of Vietnam set the daily reference rate 2 percent lower at 18,932 to a dollar, starting Wednesday, according to a statement posted on its web site on Tuesday. The currency is still allowed to trade 3 percent either side of the reference rate, according to the statement. The dong dropped 0.1 percent to 19,099 at 6:24 p.m. in Hanoi, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

“The central bank is trying to be proactive,” said Alan Pham, chief economist at VinaSecurities, a unit of VinaCapital Investment Management Ltd., in a telephone interview from Ho Chi Minh City. “They want to get ahead of the situation, instead of waiting for crisis to make a move.”

The change to the reference rate is to “make a contribution in controlling trade deficit,” the central bank said in the statement.

In the so-called black market, the dong weakened to 19,335 at gold shops in Ho Chi Minh City in the afternoon, compared with 19,265 Monday, according to a telephone-information service known as 1080 run by state-owned Vietnam Post & Telecommunications.

“There are signs of an increase in the black market rates recently and this decision would send a signal to the market that the central bank is taking the measure seriously in stabilizing the dong,” Pham said.

Vietnam’s trade deficit widened in July from the previous month on falling exports. The shortfall reached $1.15 billion from a revised $742 million in June. For the seven months through July, the deficit was $7.4 billion, almost twice the figure for the same period last year.

Governor Nguyen Van Giau on Feb.11 depreciated the dong by lowering the reference rate 3.4 percent to 18,544.

The central bank hasn’t changed the daily reference rate for the dong since Feb. 11.

Source: Bloomberg

jackbl
21-08-2010, 04:45 AM
Singapore children so hanh phuc..........

800 child sexual abuse cases recorded in a year
VietNamNet Bridge – Annually, there are on average over 100 murder, 800 sexual abuse, 50 kidnapping and trafficking cases against children in Vietnam, said a senior police official.

According to Colonel Nguyen Chi Viet, vice chief of the Criminal Police Agency, police detected more than 700 abuse cases and 255 rape cases against children in the first half of 2010.

He said that crimes against children are on the rise, especially in the northern mountainous provinces of Ha Giang, Dien Bien, and Lai Chau. Criminals took advantage of the isolated geography to break into homes to kill adults and kidnap children to sell to China.

In the southern provinces of An Giang and Tay Ninh, many kids are swindled and taken to Cambodia to work as prostitutes.

Some people took advantage of legal gaps to purchase or adopt children and then sold them to foreigners or to brothels.

Notably, there are around 800 sexual abuse cases against children annually. Victims less than six years old account for over 13 percent of cases and victims between the ages of 6-13 years old account for 37 percent.

The number of child criminals is also rising. Around 10,000 cases of crime caused by children, mainly between the ages of 16-18 years old, are reported annually. Around 4,300 cases caused by 6,500 children were recorded in the first half of 2010.

To deal with this situation, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, and Social Affairs is about to implement the National Action Program for Children in 2011-2020.

PV

jackbl
21-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Lesbian lamentation
============================================

Hanoi researchers find Vietnamese lesbians victims of social isolation

Chi, a 23-year-old lesbian, told researchers that her parents locked her in a virtual prison after learning of her relationships with other women.

“It was such a horrifying time. My parents knew Diep and I loved each other. They seized my cell phone, cut the home phone line and locked me in our house... They always went through my pockets to see if Diep had sent something to me. They even beat and insulted me,” she told researchers from the Institute for Study of Society, the Economy and the Environment (ISEE).

“Several months ago when I was dating Thuy, my mother attempted to commit suicide by jumping into West Lake. Later, they forced me to make a choice between being a normal girl and ending relations with them.”

Chi’s story is not uncommon.

Last month, the ISEE released a report which described a vicious cycle of social discrimination that tore apart numerous Hanoi families.

Nguyen Thi Thu Nam, a PhD candidate and one of four sociologists who authored the survey, said she hoped their findings would facilitate a positive change.

“There have been many articles featuring homosexuals in the media but they hardly cover the entire homosexual community – specifically the lesbian community,” she told Thanh Nien Weekly.

In the study, 40 lesbians and female bisexuals filled out questionnaires, sat for interviews and continued to be monitored by ISEE researchers over a nine-month period starting March 2009. In some cases, friends and family were also interviewed.

All of the names were changed to protect the identities of those interviewed.

Nam said that her team’s findings represent the first institutional study on the subject in Vietnam. Nam said many of the study’s subjects described a vicious cycle of discrimination. Gay children suffered emotional persecution from parents who were themselves the victims of community prejudice.

Dr. Donn Colby is the in-country Medical Director of the Harvard Medical School AIDS Initiative in Vietnam (HAIVN). He has been doing research on male homosexual populations in the country for the past eight years.

“Most families would not accept a homosexual member in their families,” Dr. Colby told Thanh Nien Weekly. “They would do whatever they could to change [their child’s sexuality].”

Dr. Colby said that very little research in Vietnam had been conducted on sexuality (in any form) prior to the eruption of the AIDS epidemic.

“The HIV epidemic created an impetus for research about sexuality in general,” he said. “As it became more acceptable to do research on sexuality it became more acceptable to do research on male homosexuals. Female homosexuals don’t really have any public health problems related to their sexuality.”

Dr. Colby said he had not encountered any research on Vietnamese lesbian populations thus far.

Even from a clinical perspective, they have been largely ignored.

Hidden and alone

Many of the women interviewed said that they grew up fearing that their parents would discover their secret. At the same time, most of the candidates expressed a yearning to be accepted and acknowledged.

Lucy, 21, is a university sophomore with good grades and an active student life. She is loved by her friends and family.

Regardless, Lucy feels she must conceal her homosexuality from everyone, including her parents, for fear of being ostracized.

“I used to think about telling [the truth to my parents]. But I changed my mind after thinking twice to protect my love,” she was quoted, by the researchers, as saying. “If I spoke out, my parents would prevent us from meeting each other.”

Lucy was also afraid that telling the truth would hurt her parents. “My parents would be very sad to know that they raised such a child,” she said. “I would cave in if they threatened suicide to force me to stop being like this.”

A 29-year-old lesbian referred to as Lien Anh expressed the same concerns. “One hundred percent of families wouldn’t want their child living an odd life,” she is quoted as saying in the report.

The researchers also found that the social isolation felt by these closeted lesbians can become excruciating when their secretive relationships deteriorate.

“I feel like I am living alone in this world. There is no one else besides me and my love,” said 23-year-old Ngoc Anh, a female homosexual. “When our relationship ended, I lost several kilograms from skipping meals but my parents didn’t know about that.”

Harmful assumptions

Nam and her colleagues encountered rather rigid assumptions and ideas among the parents of gay children.

ISEE researchers interviewed the mother of a 23-year-old female homosexual who implored them to help treat her daughter’s “disease” even after she had been presented with research and documentation proving that homosexuality is not an illness.

Other parents interviewed by the Institute expressed concern that their daughters would not be able to find happiness as a homosexual. Many of these parents did not consider the possibility of their daughters participating in a serious live-in relationship with a person of the same sex.

“It is necessary to reconsider social perception and make some positive changes regarding the issue,” the study’s authors urged. “The findings may help reduce social discrimination against gays. Our hope is that, if the parents of gay children suffer less social pressure, they will, in turn, be more accepting of their kids.”

Uyen, a 40-year-old lesbian, told the story of a Ho Chi Minh City homosexual whose father had allowed her to live with her female lover.

“Her father said he wanted her daughter to marry the one she loves,” Uyen was quoted as saying. “I wish my parents could think like hers.”

Reported by Minh Hung – Calvin Godfrey

lovesprout
21-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Dear Bros, I need some help:

" e dem cho 1 nguoi nam dong dau cho e ve vn nguoi do hoi e wa lam gi va khi nao moi wa nua va co the cho so dt ko"

What is the meaning of dong dau? I check the vdict, it says

đóng dấu
* Swine - fever
* Append one's seal; seal; stamp

The translation doesn't seem to fit here...

Hurricane88
21-08-2010, 09:54 PM
" e dem cho 1 nguoi nam dong dau cho e ve vn nguoi do hoi e wa lam gi va khi nao moi wa nua va co the cho so dt ko"

What is the meaning of dong dau? I check the vdict, it says

đóng dấu
* Swine - fever
* Append one's seal; seal; stamp

The translation doesn't seem to fit here...

my guess is visa stamp...:confused:

lovesprout
22-08-2010, 10:43 AM
my guess is visa stamp...:confused:

Bro Hurricane: Thank you. I think you are right. It makes sense now. She wanted to say that the guy who stamped on her passport asked her phone number.

jackbl
22-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Bro Hurricane: Thank you. I think you are right. It makes sense now. She wanted to say that the guy who stamped on her passport asked her phone number.

But her sentence seems funny, can u decrypt this?

e dem cho 1 nguoi nam dong dau cho e ve vn nguoi do hoi e wa lam gi .....

Hurricane88
22-08-2010, 11:46 AM

ko co gi...may man doan...:)

lovesprout
22-08-2010, 11:47 AM
But her sentence seems funny, can u decrypt this?

e dem cho 1 nguoi nam dong dau cho e ve vn nguoi do hoi e wa lam gi .....

I was brought to a man who stamped for me to go back Vietnam. He asked me what I did here, when I will come back again, and he asked me if I can give him my phone number.

And there is part 2,

"uhm nhung e ko cho neu nhu nguoi do la nguoi dong dau cho e wa sing thi e se lam quen vi nhu vay e se qua duoc de hihi"

But I didn't give. If that man was the one who stamped for me when I came to Singapore then I will try to know each other because like that I can easily enter Singapore.

jackbl
22-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I was brought to a man who stamped for me to go back Vietnam. He asked me what I did here, when I will come back again, and he asked me if I can give him my phone number.

Her sentence is confusing me, "I was brought to a man = e dem cho 1 nguoi nam"

To my knowledge, dem cho=bring for .... Lidat seems to bring my TV back to ground ZERO :(

Her 2nd sentence also contradict the 1st. If the man is chopping visa for her, getting her tel and contact her when she is in vn could build up relationship. She can then ask him to allow her to enter sgp easier....... But she din give.... Really confusing. Bo tay!!! :confused::confused: :(

jackbl
22-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone, thanks to a brother(Ichigo_Kurosaki) here who talk about fruit in VN on the other thread, it inspires me to find out about the fruits that are grown in VN.

Since it is about 1 month more to MID AUTUMN festival, the festival just coincide with this fruit that he intro to me :D

Phuc Trach Sweet Polemo (Buoi Duong Phuc Trach)
================================================== =======

There are several kinds of regional polemo growing areas famous for their particular taste; each fruit is named after the locality where it is grown. These polemo include buoi Doan Hung, buoi Phuc Trach, buoi Bien Hoa, and buoi Thuan Hai, to cite just a few.
On the way from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City by train, you are sure to stop at Phuc Trach Station in Huong Pho District on the central coast. One of the few food specialties offered to passengers by local vendors are the polemo, commonly called buoi Phuc Trach. The strong fragrance the fruit boasts will likely ensure that you never forget the name of the fruit.
When the polemo is eaten, its slightly sweet taste lingers in the mouth and at the same time helps connoisseurs feel energetic.
The Phuc Trach polemo has been widely famous in the country after it was awarded a medal at a national fruit fair organized in 1938. Phuc Trach polemos are also exported to Hong Kong. The Far East Economic Review remarked: "In Vietnam's central coast there is a particularly delicious polemo. Kept after a while, the juice in the polemo segments becomes muddy, as if some sort of sugar in itself. "

lovesprout
22-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Her 2nd sentence also contradict the 1st. If the man is chopping visa for her, getting her tel and contact her when she is in vn could build up relationship. She can then ask him to allow her to enter sgp easier....... But she din give.... Really confusing. Bo tay!!! (

Above is just my interpretation. Maybe my understanding was wrong? :confused:

VN girls seldom think about "long-term investment", unlike the more sophisticated SG girls. :p

jackbl
22-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Above is just my interpretation. Maybe my understanding was wrong? :confused:

Maybe is the gal's sentence construction wrong ;) So where are u preying around? Still no chance meeting up with u for cup of kopi yet :D

lovesprout
22-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe is the gal's sentence construction wrong ;) So where are u preying around? Still no chance meeting up with u for cup of kopi yet :D

The constant shortage of girls at 51 make me feel bored, so I no longer go there. Now I shift my playing ground to HCM liao. I am targeting some girls working at Le Duyen hair saloon. :D

jackbl
22-08-2010, 05:42 PM
The constant shortage of girls at 51 make me feel bored, so I no longer go there. Now I shift my playing ground to HCM liao. I am targeting some girls working at Le Duyen hair saloon. :D

Walau the gals will be missing a Prince White Horse liao.... They not earning much liao, w/o u so more, then they earned PEANUTS :D Lidat i jio u out, u not coming liao huh? Huhuhu....

Lidat u have 1 less training ground for ur TV :D We work in singapore, so it is easier to visit local training ground. Can go there everyday after work. If u save for hcmc, how many times u can go each year? How about if u have last min weekend jobs to do?

lovesprout
22-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Walau the gals will be missing a Prince White Horse liao.... They not earning much liao, w/o u so more, then they earned PEANUTS :D Lidat i jio u out, u not coming liao huh? Huhuhu....

Lidat u have 1 less training ground for ur TV :D We work in singapore, so it is easier to visit local training ground. Can go there everyday after work. If u save for hcmc, how many times u can go each year? How about if u have last min weekend jobs to do?

Sorry. I am currently overseas. If you guys have outing on next or next next Sunday, please let me know. I am happy to join you. BTW, I am not the Prince White Horse, you are. You are also the guardian angels for VBs. :D

I still love going to local pubs, but it is just too many old faces and recently the number of girls are not that many. Furthermore, I like to go early and go home early, but nowadays it seems girls come in very late. :confused:

In HCM, I can spend the whole day with the same girl and have more chance to practice tieng viet, making me feel more sextisfied. hihi..

jackbl
22-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Sorry. I am currently overseas.

In HCM, I can spend the whole day with the same girl and have more chance to practice tieng viet, making me feel more sextisfied. hihi..

Wow, I envy u! Where are u now? When u come back?

If the gal dun know english/mandarin, then diff to explain to u! More like practise Sex skill than TV :D

If u wan a teacher for TV, she/he must be also to explain to u in your language.

I always joke with the gals that if I teach them mandarin/english, I dun give them the tipping instead they must tip me for teaching them, $10 or $20 also can, they say ok ok :D

KangTuo
22-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Walau the gals will be missing a Prince White Horse liao.... They not earning much liao, w/o u so more, then they earned PEANUTS :D

Lidat you got 1 less competitor and you don't need to hide in 88 liao. :D

jackbl
23-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Phuc Trach Sweet Polemo (Buoi Duong Phuc Trach)

The next fruit on the list :

Green dragon (Thanh Long) / 火龙果 / dragon pearl fruit
Green dragon is the name of a newly cultivated fruit. It is rather big, weighs from 200 to 500 grams, and has pink or dark-red colour. The ripe fruit looks like the kohlrabi cabbage and has an oval shape.
When ripe, the fruit peels as easily as a banana. Its pulp is white and gelatinous. The pulp contains many seeds that cannot be extracted. The seeds taste like cactus, giving the fruit a sweet and sour taste.
Before 1945, green dragon fruits were not sold in southern markets. It is said that Americans brought green dragon fruits to the south. From Phan Thiet to Nha Trang or from Ninh Hoa to Buon Ma Thuot, bushes of green dragon fruits can be seen climbing to tree trunks in gardens and even on doors.
Different from any other southern fruit, its harvest season is particular; fruits become available in markets in October, November, April, and May. They are more expensive in October and April, since there are smaller quantities available.

zhu star
23-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Lidat you got 1 less competitor and you don't need to hide in 88 liao. :D

I think you misunderstand him. He not hiding in 88 because of you guys. It more like he is storing all his precious goods there so that you people cannot find and compete with him:D

KangTuo
23-08-2010, 09:17 AM
I think you misunderstand him. He not hiding in 88 because of you guys. It more like he is storing all his precious goods there so that you people cannot find and compete with him:D

I fine day I will go 88 look see look see :D

zhu star
23-08-2010, 09:20 AM
I fine day I will go 88 look see look see :D

Now u make me worry too, I must also keep all my SYT stock!!!:D

KangTuo
23-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Now u make me worry too, I must also keep all my SYT stock!!!:D

no need worry lah.
sometimes the Ann Kok lookalike is working there. :)
furthermore a big group of her friends are there.

I wlll not be able to hug any other vb. :(

zhu star
23-08-2010, 09:53 AM
no need worry lah.
sometimes the Ann Kok lookalike is working there. :)
furthermore a big group of her friends are there.

I wlll not be able to hug any other vb. :(

Ok, thank god. Let me know if you hop in I am always around the corner:)