PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
19-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Take note of this if u can setting up a labour intensive biz in VN...............

HCM City suffers from post-Tet labour shortage
================================================== =======

VietNamNet Bridge – On the first day returning to work after Tet, the seventh day of the Lunar New Year this year, each worker at the Onamba electronic harness manufacturer in Binh Duong Province received VND300,000 ($15) as "lucky money" from the company's leader.

The lucky money, on top of the festival bonus, is one of the incentives the company has offered to encourage its employees to return to work after Tet. Despite this, many of the workers have not returned after the year's biggest holiday.

Onamba Vietnam, headquartered in Osaka, is among many labour-intensive companies facing the endemic problem of post-Tet labour shortage.

For the past several years, enterprises based in export processing zones (EPZs) and industrial parks (IPs) in particular have faced a mass exodus of workers who've finished their annual contract and tend not to come back after the Tet holiday.

Onamba has lost 20 per cent of its 700-strong labour force after the week-long holiday, said Nguyen Hoang Anh, who is in charge of the company's labour recruitment.

Most of them quit to look for other jobs, he said.

"This year we have the largest number of workers quitting after Tet," said Anh, "despite the fact that the company has given them better living and working conditions."

The company has provided a free bus service for workers to travel between work and home as well as housing allowance, said Anh.

HCM City-based Thong Nhat Rubber Company is also facing a labour shortage with hundreds of workers not having returned after Tet.

"The number of workers not returning after Tet has increased every year," said head of the company's Administrative Organisation Board, Do Hoang Tri.

The company recruits nearly 2,000 people each year to replace the ones who've left, he said.

Statistics cited by a recent report in the Nguoi Lao Dong (The Labourer) newspaper said that companies based in HCM City's EPZs and IPs need to recruit around 10,000 workers after the holiday, mostly in electronics, mechanics, garment and food processing sectors.

The demand for manual labour accounts for 60 per cent of the post-festival recruitment and the rest are workers with high professional skills, the report said.

Deal sweetners

To make up for the shortage of workers after Tet, many companies had made plans to begin recruiting people immediately after the festival and some began doing so even before the holiday.

Onamba Vietnam said that it would start recruiting 200 new workers next week, offering housing allowances and free transportation to work. Workers on one-month probation will be paid 90 per cent of the full salary and contracted workers will get an extra monthly allowance.

Two HCM City-based companies, Nidec Copal at the Tan Thuan EPZ and Nissei Electric Vietnam at the Linh Trung EPZ, have been recruiting thousands of workers since they resumed operations after the Tet holiday early last week. Both firms are offering free accommodation and full travelling allowance in order to lure applicants.

Nissei Electric has promised to pay VND1.85 million ($90) as basic monthly salary plus allowances ranging from VND400,000 ($20) to VND1.5 million ($75) per month, said Dang Thi Hai Y, who handles the company's recruitment programme. Recruited workers will enjoy free accommodation and transportation.

The company will also pay VND300,000 ($15) to anyone introducing a worker who is recruited, Y said. However the attractive offers and availability of jobs have failed to attract sufficient numbers of applicants, company representatives said.

Employment agencies recruiting people for most of the companies based in EPZs and IPs in HCM City say they used to see the largest number of job applicants of the year after Tet. But this year, they are experiencing a drought.

"The number of people looking for jobs after Tet is the smallest this year," said Nguyen Thanh Tung, head of an employment agency in HCM City. While some people are still in a holiday mood and enjoying time with their families, the main reason for the lack of applicants is that most of them are looking for jobs in their home towns, he said.

High inflation in recent years has resulted in an increase in the cost of living in big cities, which makes it all the more difficult for workers whose wages have not improved significantly. So they prefer to work in their home provinces or nearby locations, where they might earn less but do not have to deal with high living costs.

This has prompted many companies to contact provincial authorities and agencies directly in the hope of recruiting workers, especially in the central region that is the largest provider of workers to HCM City, said Truong Thi Tuyet Van, who heads the human resources department at the Tan Thuan EPZ-based Japanese-owned Furukawa Automotive Parts Vietnam company.

Meanwhile, the last few years have seen a large number of industrial parks established in agricultural provinces, creating jobs for locals. This is another reason why the migrant workers in big cities are returning to their home provinces to work.

VietNamNet/Viet Nam News

FireShark
20-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Vietnam police blame human error in boat sinking

HANOI, Vietnam – Vietnamese police said Sunday that human error was to blame for the sinking of a tour boat in Ha Long Bay that killed 12 sleeping passengers. The vessel's captain and a crew member have been arrested.

A valve that allows water to come into the boat to cool the engine was left open while the vessel was anchored for the night, Quang Ninh provincial police spokesman Le Thanh Binh said. The engine was turned off, preventing a pump from running to push the water out, he said.

Eleven foreign tourists from nine countries were among those who drowned when the boat went down in the scenic bay last week.

"The initial police investigation showed that the man in charge of the boat engine forgot to close the valve that allowed water in to cool the engine before he, the captain and other crew went to bed," Binh told The Associated Press by telephone. "When they found out about that, it was too late."

However, Pham Xuan Viet, a veteran captain who runs a similar boat in Ha Long Bay, said the cause may be more complicated because leaving the cooling valve open should not by itself fill a boat with water and sink it.

The tour boat was inundated with gushing water when it went down about 5 a.m. Thursday, trapping passengers in their overnight cabins. All of the Vietnamese crew survived, along with nine foreign tourists. But 11 vacationers from the U.S., Britain, Australia, Japan, Russia, France, Sweden and Switzerland drowned along with their Vietnamese tour guide.

It was Vietnam's deadliest tour boat accident since the country opened up to foreign visitors 25 years ago.

Boat captain Nguyen Van Minh, 22, and Do Van Thang, 27, who was in charge of the engine, were arrested Saturday, Binh said. The two, along with three other crew members, had been detained earlier for questioning.

State-controlled Thanh Nien newspaper quoted an anonymous source as saying Truong Hai Co., which owned the "Dream Voyage," was previously named Bien Mo Co. The company owned a boat that sank in Ha Long Bay in September 2009, killing three foreigners and two Vietnamese during heavy rains and high winds. It changed its name four months ago, the paper said.

Police said the boat from Thursday's incident has been towed to a port, where it will be raised on a beam for a full police examination. However, an initial inspection found no holes or breakage in the hull.

"This is an accident causing very serious consequences," Binh said. "Those responsible will be dealt with seriously in accordance with the law."

The bodies of 10 of the foreign victims have been released to their families and embassies, hospital officials said. The body of one of the two American female victims was expected to be handed over later Sunday, and the body of the Vietnamese tour guide has also been released to his family.

About 2.5 million people, half of them foreigners, cruise Ha Long Bay each year to experience the dramatic 1,600 jagged limestone formations that jut out of the sea, forming tiny islands in the Gulf of Tonkin near the Chinese border.

Day cruises are offered, but many tourists opt to sleep on traditional wooden boats equipped with cabins, ranging from budget to luxury accommodation

deptrai4u
20-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Vietnam police blame human error in boat sinking

However, Pham Xuan Viet, a veteran captain who runs a similar boat in Ha Long Bay, said the cause may be more complicated because leaving the cooling valve open should not by itself fill a boat with water and sink it.

The fact of the matter is of course a lot more complicated than a stupid valve... u think about it... if boat no damage,

1. how fast can a small valve let water come into the boat and sink it so fast and no time for the tourist to react? u think about it... what time was the valve left open??? if it was 1am, it takes 4 hours till 5am (a very long time) for the ship to slowly sink... so slowly that there will be plenty of reaction time! if the valve was left opened at 0450H and sink the ship in 10 mins, then the rate of rush of water will be so great that the person making the mistake should surely know about it!

2. how come all the Crew survived???

Maybe... just maybe... the crew gang rob and gang rape the tourist and then kill them and then rape again! And then suddenly have to sink the ship to erase all the evidence.

Net net for the owner of the ship (and maybe the crew too) ... a big PLUS, got money, got shiok and maybe even insurance claims!!!

v.killers
21-02-2011, 02:13 AM
e bi bx e bat nhieu lan o jc om gai, bat 1 lan con gai nt e xin tien, bat 1 lan co con gai o ben e, bat 1 lan di ks voi ban cua ban bx...
bx e van tha thu e... suy nghi lai, e lam rat nhieu chuyen kg tot voi bx e roi, bg cung phai biet suy nghi roi...

e kg dc mat bx cua e... tai vi bx cua e la so1...

Nnkc.....So 1 ha? so cai dau em....bi bat nhieu lan cung kg biet suy nghi, hom qua cung di kiem nguoi khac.....po tay a luon...:rolleyes::D

em that la nguoi rat XAU !!! ai tin em se chet lien....:rolleyes:

jackbl
21-02-2011, 03:52 AM
hom qua cung di kiem nguoi khac.....po tay a luon...

em that la nguoi rat XAU !!! ai tin em se chet lien....:rolleyes:

I thou he has turned over a new leaf. Saw him went home on saturday after a brief appearance in JC :(

IF he no chiong JC, we will not have learn much tieng viet from him liao. No more juicy FOC stories from him. No more new terms such as, MCBB, BQT, KF, AK, etc,.....

KangTuo
21-02-2011, 07:22 AM
I thou he has turned over a new leaf. Saw him went home on saturday after a brief appearance in JC :(

nearly every evening i also appear in JC briefly :p

KangTuo
21-02-2011, 07:25 AM
la nguoi rat XAU !!! ai tin em se chet lien....:rolleyes:

xin loi a nha, e kg xau ma e dep trai... :p

v.killers
21-02-2011, 05:53 PM
xin loi a nha, e kg xau ma e dep trai... :p

Dep cai dau em.....:rolleyes: :D

KangTuo
21-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Dep cai dau em.....:rolleyes: :D

dung roi. e moi di cat toc nen cai dau rat la dep. :D

MrDarkSide
22-02-2011, 08:01 AM
dung roi. e moi di cat toc nen cai dau rat la dep. :D

Stop making me laugh off my chair. :D

MrDarkSide
22-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Neu lo chung minh 2 dua 2 noi,
lam sao em song khi mat anh roi,
vang anh doi phut la nhung nho chi yeu va chi biet anh thoi,
the yeu anh yeu mai muon doi.

Received this sms suddenly yesterday. And I'm only able to understand a bit.
Where are all the sifusssssss ??

Uncle Jackbl is going to scold me liao. :( Huhuhu

KangTuo
22-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Stop making me laugh off my chair. :D

get a seat belt lah

KangTuo
22-02-2011, 07:05 PM

Received this sms suddenly yesterday. And I'm only able to understand a bit.
Where are all the sifusssssss ??

Uncle Jackbl is going to scold me liao. :( Huhuhu

what is the abit that you understand?
its a kc sms anyway :p

lo = worry
lo chung = common concern
chung minh = prove
minh = self

1st sentence i already blur

MrDarkSide
24-02-2011, 04:22 PM
What I'm guessing ... (grammatically incorrect) ....

If the more we communicate, the more pain we have
then how can I be happy because of you
...... understand and only love you .....
..... love you forever ...
???????????????????????????????????

I require emergency tuition. :D

KangTuo
24-02-2011, 06:19 PM

???????????????????????????????????

I require emergency tuition. :D

indeed you need tuition. go jc/gl to find teacher.
i thought ss08 say everyone overtake me in tv...
at least now i know that you are worst than me :rolleyes: :p

jackbl
24-02-2011, 06:58 PM
indeed you need tuition. go jc/gl to find teacher.
i thought ss08 say everyone overtake me in tv...
at least now i know that you are worst than me :rolleyes: :p

Now I am worse than u. Tonight I m getting tuition. Hope the few hours of hard work will pay off :)

CuteBuns
24-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi guys,

My gal wanna borrow money from her "sister" (so called cousin who actually works here) to show Sing customs when she arrives. I told her not to borrow as the "sis" is charging 25% interest, which is ridiculous ! of course, I don't want to appear rich, so I told her I will find a solution soon.

her reply:

em cung khong muon lam anh kho su dau. thoi anh dung lo gi het. de ba me em lo duoc roi.
I also don't want much.....................

Anh dung lo gi het. minh hay ket luc so no cua ba me em tai day nha anh(sounds like home). dung nhac den nua em khong muon lam anh kho su em hieu (understand)

seems like some repetition. Any kind soul can help with the overall message meaning? I dare not call to ask else sure ganna F**k as she is damn hot tempered :(

garfield_junkie
24-02-2011, 11:00 PM
em = i
cung = also
khong = don't
muon = want
lam = make
anh = you
kho su = difficult

anh dung lo gi het = you don't need to worry

de = let
ba me = parents
em = my
lo duoc roi = worry / take care

de ba me em lo duoc roi = let my parents worry / take care

minh hay ket luc so no - this portion i cannot guess, "so no" sounds like debt

dung = don't
nhac = mention
den nua = about that
em = i
khong = don't
muon = want
lam = make
anh = you
kho su = difficult

KangTuo
24-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi guys,

My gal wanna borrow money from her "sister" (so called cousin who actually works here) to show Sing customs when she arrives. I told her not to borrow as the "sis" is charging 25% interest, which is ridiculous ! of course, I don't want to appear rich, so I told her I will find a solution soon.
:(

yes. the whole meaning of the 2 sms is a repetition.
i not up to standard to translate word for word. but the whole meaning is that she don't want you to be in a difficulr situation and worry about her. its the task of her parents to worry.

or this may be a sms to make you 'tong qin' her so that you will come out the money.

in the first place, you should not offer to think of ways to help her. be it 25% or 100% charges. vn gals are street smart. they have ways to get money to come over.

to get out of this situation, you should reply simply 'OK' and discontinue from the topic.

CuteBuns
25-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks KangTuo!!!! hahahah, maybe its a KC message :D

yes. the whole meaning of the 2 sms is a repetition.
i not up to standard to translate word for word. but the whole meaning is that she don't want you to be in a difficulr situation and worry about her. its the task of her parents to worry.

or this may be a sms to make you 'tong qin' her so that you will come out the money.

in the first place, you should not offer to think of ways to help her. be it 25% or 100% charges. vn gals are street smart. they have ways to get money to come over.

to get out of this situation, you should reply simply 'OK' and discontinue from the topic.

jackbl
25-02-2011, 10:23 AM
minh hay ket luc so no - this portion i cannot guess, "so no" sounds like debt

Hi, your TV not bad. Hope to see u here more often. How long u have been learning? Share your experience with ppl here so that they can learn from it.

CuteBuns
25-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Read in the news today that Vietnam petrol and diesel prices went up 17% and 24% respectively yesterday. Together with the devaluation recently, looks like we gonna see record inflation this year in V land.

jackbl
26-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Ha Long Bay seeks New 7 Wonders of World status
================================================== ======

VietNamNet Bridge - The campaign to collect votes for Ha Long Bay to be recognized as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World in November this year is entering the final stages, said an official from the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

At a meeting to discuss the country’s efforts to reach this goal Wednesday, Head of the ministry’s International Cooperation Department Nguyen Van Tinh said that Ha Long Bay is among the 28 finalists.

The official declaration of the New 7 Wonders of the World will be made on November 11, 2011, he added.

The Head of the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT), Nguyen Van Tuan, emphasized the need to mobilize people to vote for Ha Long Bay and win the support of international friends.

The VNAT will also launch its own campaign to vote for the bay, he revealed.

Meanwhile, the department has come up with a plan to promote the image of Ha Long Bay to international tourists and friends. The plan includes a photographic contest and a painting competition on Ha Long Bay for children as well as an art performance.

The department will also organize activities to collect votes at major schools, tourist sites and through the Internet.

To vote for Ha Long Bay, twice recognized by the UNESCO for its landscape and geological values, in northern Quang Ninh province, please visit the website www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/vote

Source: Tuoi Tre

MrDarkSide
26-02-2011, 04:28 PM

So any smarties able to confirm the meaning?

KangTuo
26-02-2011, 07:09 PM

So any smarties able to confirm the meaning?

such sms not important anymore to you mah... told you its a KC sms
I try since i am free

if concerning us 2 person 2 say (communication problem)
how I live when lost you already
alright you 'doi phut la' but remember only love and know you,
swear that love you love forever.

garfield_junkie
26-02-2011, 11:44 PM
if 2 of us were at 2 difference places
how can i live if i lost you

the 3rd sentence: i don't know the 1st half, my guess is "vang anh doi phut la nhung nho" = miss you when you were not around

"chi yeu va chi biet anh thoi" = only love you, and know you only

last sentence: swear that i love you the whole life

i also learned fr all the girls, and my wife lah. a few yrs back, i frequented JC, GL, and OT. now no more, only visit 233 once in a while

garfield_junkie
26-02-2011, 11:53 PM
in the context of this sms

neu lo = what if ("lo" is also "worry", in other contexts)
chung minh = we ("prove" in other contexts)
2 dua = 2 of us
noi = place ("say" in other contexts)

jackbl
27-02-2011, 10:53 PM
i also learned fr all the girls, and my wife lah. a few yrs back, i frequented JC, GL, and OT. now no more, only visit 233 once in a while

233 got teachers to teach tieng viet? What is this 233?

KangTuo
27-02-2011, 11:18 PM

whao koaz... you patrol jc for so many years yet you don't know huh? its the vietnam resturant near/ diaganally opposite sbox lah.

friday night we saw a few teachers ther mah

jackbl
27-02-2011, 11:37 PM

whao koaz... you patrol jc for so many years yet you don't know huh? its the vietnam resturant near/ diaganally opposite sbox lah.

friday night we saw a few teachers ther mah

From his reply seems that last time when he went to JC/GL/OT to learn fr all gals and his bx. Now once a while visit 233 to continue xxx ......... :D Sorry my english bad (standard B only) :eek:

jackbl
28-02-2011, 09:23 AM
“Virtual marriages” – a new trend for teens
================================================== ====

VietNamNet Bridge – To prove their everlasting love, many teen couples have acquired “virtual marriage certificates”.

A very hot topic on Pro9x online forum for people who were born in the 1990s is “Center for Marriage Registration”. This topic has lured a lot of members, with the following advertisement:

“There are many couples in our forum who want to get married. To meet your demands, we created this topic. From now on, you can visit this topic to make your “Marriage Registration”. Please fill the following “Application for Marriage Registration”. Admin will consider and grant you the marriage certificate. In addition, your names will be updated to the list of couples of our forum”.

Another topic for teenage also advertise: “Couples who are looking for a complete marriage can visit us to register for marriage by filling out the following form”.

This is a “fashion” from China. The virtual marriage certificate is to remind them of love and to show their “ownership” over their girlfriend/boyfriend.

Minh, a high-school girl, explained: “This is completely normal. We get virtual marriage certificate for fun and to confirm our attachment in love”.

Hoang Yen, a teen girl from Hanoi, said: “I feel like we are a married couple, and we are more serious and more responsible to each other after getting the virtual marriage certificate.”

Some adults said that marriage is extremely important and the youth should not consider it as a joke.

Many teen couples not only register for marriage but also take their personal pictures to post on their blogs or forums to prove their love. Some couples don’t publicize their sensitive pictures but in some cases, after they break-up, some boys used the pictures to blackmail their ex-girlfriends and became criminals.

Quynh Nga, a student from Hanoi, was in trouble when her ex-boyfriend sent their personal pictures and video clips to her current boyfriend.

Teens can prove their loves in many ways but they should be careful to not become the victims of such “evidence of love”.

Minh Ngoc

garfield_junkie
28-02-2011, 01:38 PM
From his reply seems that last time when he went to JC/GL/OT to learn fr all gals and his bx. Now once a while visit 233 to continue xxx ......... :D Sorry my english bad (standard B only) :eek:
u r right, except that now i visit 233 not for continue xxx as all my contacts were long gone. i went there now for food, and practice / learn Viet

CuteBuns
28-02-2011, 10:58 PM
hi guys,

another difficult one for me :o

" anh oi.em co con cua anh no hanh em qua. em an khong duoc thu gi het anh yeu"

my impression is "anh oi (addressing u). em (I) co con (petty) cua anh (of you) no hanh qua (much). em an khong (i eat no medicine?? ......) duoc thu gi het anh yeu (darling)

anyone can help with the general meaning or the underline parts? :)

garfield_junkie
28-02-2011, 11:37 PM
u sure she was not expecting your child?

co = have
con = child
cua anh = your / of you

no = he/she, in this context, the child
hanh em qua = make me tired

an = eat
khong duoc = cannot
thu gi = anything

an khong duoc thu gi het = cannot eat anything

AdGuy
28-02-2011, 11:38 PM
hi guys,

my impression is "anh oi (addressing u). em (I) co con (petty) cua anh (of you) no hanh qua (much). em an khong (i eat no medicine?? ......) duoc thu gi het anh yeu (darling)

anyone can help with the general meaning or the underline parts? :)

Let me guess some of the meaning.

anh oi... em co con cua anh no hanh em qua... I have your baby [no hanh em qua... sounds like she's feeling full or something... no idea what hanh is]

em an khong duoc thu gi het... I am not able to eat anything

CuteBuns
01-03-2011, 12:02 AM
ehh, I hope she is juz scaring me :eek:

but thanks for the help guys :)

jackbl
01-03-2011, 03:27 AM
i went there now for food, and practice / learn Viet

How u can learn viet from there? Share with us! Then we no need to go into the pub liao :D ;)

audisingapore
01-03-2011, 09:57 AM
What is the meaning of below, hope brother out there can help

Anh oi em buon qua. Em da mua xe may tri gia 30 trieu dong Viet Nam roi. Em buon va kho qua. Tai sao cuoc doi em lai gap nhieu kho khan khong duoc day du nhu moi nguoi khac? Mot con nguoi co so phan khac nhau, em khong biet cuoc doi cua em se di ve dau?.

Em buon va kho qua. Em nho anh rat nhieu. Cong viec cua anh co ban ron khong? Anh nen hut thuoc la it thoi vi hut thuoc la co hai cho suc khoe.

Khi anh ghe tham Sai Gon em se gap anh ma. Anh dung mua nhieu qua tang em se rat ton tien. Em nho anh nhieu lam anh nho giu gin suc khoe nhe. Chuc anh luon vui.

Em buon qua. Em kho qua. Tam trang cua em khong duoc thoai mai.

Em nho anh. Em kho qua. Cuoc doi la bien ca menh mong va day thu thach. Xa hoi dem lai su bac cong doi voi qua. Em buon va kho qua.

Thanks

VietnamLover
01-03-2011, 10:22 AM
hi guys,

ehh, I hope she is juz scaring me :eek:

Ask yourself whether you used a condom with her or not. Can try asking her when was the last time she had period and when was the last time you had sex with her. If you have these info from her, you can deduct if she is really pregnant or not. ;)

deptrai4u
01-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Anh oi em buon qua. Em da mua xe may tri gia 30 trieu dong Viet Nam roi. Em buon va kho qua. Tai sao cuoc doi em lai gap nhieu kho khan khong duoc day du nhu moi nguoi khac? Mot con nguoi co so phan khac nhau, em khong biet cuoc doi cua em se di ve dau?.

[Literal Translation]
My dear, i very sad. I just bought a motorbike cost VND30mil. I sad and difficult life. Why my life must meet with so many difficult situation and not have a good life like so many other people??? People have so many type of life.. i have no idea where my life will take me.

[Cultural Translation]
i just bought motorbike VND30mil so now no money so if u have money please give me as much as u can, otherwise please fuck off!

[My comments]
Got VND30mil to buy NEW motorbike (for that price likely she bought a SYM Victoria) and still cow father cow mother... i better steer off that blood sucker!

Em buon va kho qua. Em nho anh rat nhieu. Cong viec cua anh co ban ron khong? Anh nen hut thuoc la it thoi vi hut thuoc la co hai cho suc khoe.

[Literal Translation]
I very sad and very difficult life. I miss u very much. Are u very busy with ur work? U should smoke less because smoking is bad for ur health!

[Cultural Translation]
Let me remind u again that I just told u i need money, why have u not responded positively??? okok, let me pretend to show some care... smoke less ok, dear?

[My Comments]
She trying a little KC here, but mainly is to tell u to wake up to the fact that she need u to give her money! So steer clear!!!

Khi anh ghe tham Sai Gon em se gap anh ma. Anh dung mua nhieu qua tang em se rat ton tien. Em nho anh nhieu lam anh nho giu gin suc khoe nhe. Chuc anh luon vui.

[Literal Translation]
When u come HCMC to visit me, i will meet up with u. Please do not buy a lot of gifts for me as it will cost u a lot of money. I miss u so much and u must remember to take care of your health, ok? Wishing u happiness.

[Cultural Translation]
i have the impression that u are rich but not very smart... so when u come to HCMC, i will meet up with u and stick to u like a shadow, just to confirm that u have no one else... and then I can plan my next step. By the way, pls dun buy gift and spend ur money, just bring more money and give to me!

[My Comments]
She realized either u are very smart or very stupid..
- very smart bcos u are good at pretending u still did not get the message to give her money,
- very stupid bcos u still did not get that message to give her money..
either way, she now plan to go thru a process of elimination to find out what is what and how much money she can suck from u!

Em buon qua. Em kho qua. Tam trang cua em khong duoc thoai mai.

[Literal Translation]
I very sad! I very difficult situation! The star i born under restricts me in every part of my life!!!

[Cultural Translation]
Why my life so sucks!?? All my friends found a few big Carrots and they have nice bikes and some even drives car now and i stuck with only a Brand new SYM Victoria??? Haiz... when u gonna give me a lot of money to make my life better so that I can show off to my friends???

[My Comments]
Once again... she complains her life very tuff!!!! haiz...

Em nho anh. Em kho qua. Cuoc doi la bien ca menh mong va day thu thach. Xa hoi dem lai su bac cong doi voi qua. Em buon va kho qua.

Thanks

[Literal Translation]
I miss u. I in very difficult situation.. my life is so misfortunate just like *&&^#%#*@# &#^#&#?>":}|#($^$ $@$#%^... i very sad and life very difficult aaahhh!!

[Cultural Translation]
Sympathy with me... pitiful me... please give me lots of money!!!

[My Comments]
She gonna suck u dry

[Summary]

U probably meet this girl in one of the bar and for some reasons, she thinks that u are an easy guy to fool and she is planning to help u manage ur money. A girl who just spend VND30mil on a motorbike and still say life is very tuff and misearable.. this kind of girl is like a bottomless pit. Steer Clear!!! There are a lot of better alternatives in Vietnam!

lovesprout
01-03-2011, 01:28 PM

Tam trang cua em khong duoc thoai mai.

Cuoc doi la bien ca menh mong va day thu thach.

Thanks

Bro Deptrai: both your literature translation and culture translate are very good and one needle see blood.

Some addition to your literature translation:

1. Tam trang cua em khong duoc thoai mai. (My mood cannot comfortable)
2. Cuoc doi la bien ca menh mong va day thu thach. (Life is a enormous sea and full of challenges)

Hurricane88
01-03-2011, 02:24 PM
[
[Summary]

U probably meet this girl in one of the bar and for some reasons, she thinks that u are an easy guy to fool and she is planning to help u manage ur money. A girl who just spend VND30mil on a motorbike and still say life is very tuff and misearable.. this kind of girl is like a bottomless pit. Steer Clear!!! There are a lot of better alternatives in Vietnam!

I was impressed with your translation...keep it up bro...think your mood is great today...:)

deptrai4u
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
I was impressed with your translation...keep it up bro...think your mood is great today...:)

I always good mood one... only bad mood when:

1. when I see Newbies post like people owe them a living...
2. when i see any postings from low life forms who no longer hv passport to come back to sillypore...

hiihii...

Anyway, to bro audisingapore... beware the KC Trap!

SureScore
01-03-2011, 06:33 PM
I always good mood one... only bad mood when:

1. when I see Newbies post like people owe them a living...
2. when i see any postings from low life forms who no longer hv passport to come back to sillypore...

I met you once and you are a humorous person. Fun to be around with. Keep it up.

jackbl
02-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Ladies and gambling tragedies
============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Thousands of Vietnamese women have become familiar clients of casinos along the Vietnam-Cambodia border.

There are 14 casinos in Cambodia, which are located very near from the Vietnam-Cambodia border. Up to half of them (Winn, Le Macao, Chateau, Las Vegas Sun or Titan King) are built in Bavet in Svay Rieng province to mainly serve Vietnamese gamblers. Vietnamese gamblers, including thousands of women, often pass the Moc Bai border gate in the southern province of Tay Ninh to Bavet.

VietNamNet’s reporters visited casino Winn at 10 am on a Saturday. This casino is known recently for ruthless assaults against indebted gamblers.

According to the casino’s rules, visitors are not allowed to bring cell phones, cameras, sound recorders, etc. into the casino. These items must be locked in the casino’s safety boxes. Casino staffs in black trousers and white shirts always smile with customers.

The casino was chock-a-block with gamblers, especially at baccarat, roulette and black jack tables.

Casino Winn, a popular destination in the tours of a transnational tourism company, is decorated luxuriously. The rooms are lit with hundreds of lamps, which make gamblers forget the time.

Around one hour after we entered the casino, the number of players at black jack tables increased sharply. Around 70 percent of them were women.

A middle-aged woman approached us, introducing herself as Hien, a Vietnamese, a creditor at the casino. Hien said she was able to lend us as much as we need. After we refused to borrow money from her, M, a guide said that if a gambler borrows $100, he will have to pay $10 for each winning game. In the case that the gambler loses all his money, the creditor will send his/her employees to escort the debtor to his/her home to take money or call the debtor’s family to come to the casino to pay the debt to ransom the debtor.

There are a lot of tragedies related to Vietnamese women at this casino. Hoang, a former staff member at casino Winn, who currently works for a car repair shop in Bavet, said, “Many Vietnamese women often give guards VND50,000-70,000 to remind them to call their husbands at a certain time to trick their husbands into thinking that they are at home”.

Hoang said some women lost tens of thousands of USD a day at gambling.

Recently HCM City People’s Court sentenced four women who swindled assets to gamble in Cambodia. One was sentenced to 13 years in jail and three others to 3-5 years in jail.

These women leased at least six cars at the price of $1300/month and then mortgaged the cars for $15,000 in Tay Ninh to gamble in Cambodian casinos.

In the latest case, the wife of a journalist in the southern province of Long An has just confessed to burning her husband to death after he didn’t agree to sell their house to pay her debts at casinos in Cambodia.

This case is now the center of public attention and is fresh evidence of the tragedies caused by women who are gambling addicts.

In recent years “gambling ladies” have become familiar words in the local media. In HCM City alone, police investigated hundreds of gambling cases each year and over half of the gamblers are women.

According to police, women who gamble at home belong to various social classes but there are a few really rich women. However, most of women who gamble in Cambodia are wealthy women or state employees.

In 2008, the cashier of the Post Office of Bac Lieu province was sentenced to death for appropriating over VND15.3 billion ($765,000) to gamble.

In October 2009, Vu Thi Ba, 32, an employee of a state agency in Ha Dong district, Hanoi, was prosecuted for appropriating a car for money to gamble.

In HCM City, a woman named Trang is very “famous” among casino ladies. The young girl gambled in Hanoi, Hai Phong, HCM City, Tay Ninh and Cambodia. She lost up to $40,000 a night at a casino in Cambodia.

She used fake documents to withdraw over VND400 million ($20,000) of a joint stock company in Hanoi.

In May 2010, police arrested Nguyen Thi Hanh, 32, in the Central Highlands province of Gia Lai for swindling. Earlier Hanh was a famous coffee trader in Gia Lai. From July to November 2009, this women received cash from partners to purchase coffee and borrowed money from four companies and eleven individuals totaling over VND17 billion (around $900,000). However, she only paid over VND5 billion for coffee and gambled away the remaining cash.

Other tragedies

Dozens of gamblers in Binh Duong and Tay Ninh province fell into the trap of usurers at casinos in Cambodia.

According to victims who were cleaned out in gambling and ransomed by their families, intermediates introduced them to a young man named Khoa at Winn casino in Bavet, Cambodia. When they arrived at the Moc Bai border gate in Tay Ninh, Khoa’s subordinates took them to the casino and they were treated like special guests.

Nguyen Huu Ba, 20, from Ben Cat district, Binh Duong province, recalled: “After we met with Khoa at Winn casino, he hired a hotel room for us. After taking a bath, Khoa took us to a restaurant. He told us that we would not get rich if we quit after 1-2 losing games”.

When Ba and his friends were nearly drunken Khoa paid the meal and gave $4000 to Ba and his three friends to gamble at Winn casino.

After several hours at the casino, the group lost all $4000. They borrowed $2000 from Khoa to continue the game and also lost the money. They asked Khoa to lend them some more but Khoa told them to temporarily stop because they had bad luck. He took the group to a restaurant for lunch and after that forced them to an inn to sign a debit note. Khoa said that if their families didn’t pay the debts, he would cut out some of their internal organs.

Of dozens Vietnamese gamblers confided at Winn casino for losing at gambling, many are very poor and wanted to change their lives with the money won.

Nguyen Thi Dung, 41, from Ben Cat District, Binh Duong province said that her family has three times paid $10,000 of ransom to rescue her son from casinos .

Nguyen Minh, also from Ben Cat district, had to pay the ransom for his son twice. “The first time he was confided, we had to mortgage our motorbikes, fridge, television set and borrow from usurers to get $5000 to pay the ransom”.

“They called me and said that they made cuts on his face and that if I didn’t save him, they would cut out his kidney,” Minh said.

Minh and his wife had to see an usurer and kneel down to borrow $3000 to pay the ransom.

Quoc Quang – Minh Dung

jackbl
03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
VN surrogate moms paid $5,500 for each baby

VietNamNet Bridge - Vietnamese authorities are speeding up procedures to repatriate the 14 Vietnamese mothers involved in an illegal surrogate baby ring in Bangkok.

Authorities say the surrogate mothers are not aware their jobs are illegal. They were paid $5,500 for each baby delivered.

The Bac Lieu province’s authorities yesterday announced they are struggling to help 8 out of the 14 Vietnamese to reunite with their families.

The local authorities are verifying their records to work together with the Vietnamese embassy in Thailand to send them back home as soon as possible.

Earlier, Pham Minh Tuan, first secretary at Vietnam embassy in Thailand said that 8 out of the 14 victims, all aged under 30, come from Bac Lieu including Le Thi Ngoc H., Le Thi C., Huynh Thi Thu T., all hailing from Long Dien Commune, Dong Hai District, Thach Thi My P. from Vinh Trach Dong commune, Mai Thi H., Hua Thi H., Son Thi N., and Phan Thi Ngoc H., all from Gia Rai district.

Among them, So Thi N. has a one-month old baby, while Mai Thi H., Hua Thi H., Huynh Thi Thu T., Le Thi C., and Phan Thi Ngoc H. are all pregnant.

The six others come from An Giang, Hau Giang and Ca Mau provinces, all in the Mekong River Delta in the south.

They are presently provided with food and accommodation at Kredtrakarn Protection and Occupational Development Center in Nonthaburi province, Thailand.

According to Tuan, these women are not aware their job is illegal under Thai law.

They said that they were paid US$5,500 for each successful child delivery on the condition that each baby weighs more than 2.8 kg.

“Our policy is to send them home soon but Thailand want to detain them for further investigation,” Tuan said.

Coming home this week

In other news, as citied by Bangkokpost, 14 Vietnamese surrogate mothers will be repatriated this week and their unborn babies will eventually be taken care of by the Vietnamese government.

"All the women will return to Vietnam this week... The babies to be born to the Vietnamese surrogate mothers will be under the care of the Vietnamese government," Public Health Minister Jurin $$$$$navisit said.

He said the authorities were preparing to take legal action against a Taiwanese company on charges of human trafficking and illegal detention.

Jurin joined Thai officials from many agencies at a meeting yesterday to discuss how to proceed after a raid last week on the alleged illegal surrogacy firm Baby 101, run by a Taiwanese man in Bangkok.

The meeting decided legal action would be taken against the medical premises and doctors involved in the artificial insemination of the women.

The minister said the pregnant Vietnamese women who had originally intended to seek abortions had changed their minds and decided to continue with their pregnancies.

According to Thai police, the Taiwanese operator had been arrested in Taiwan. He entered Thailand in 2008 and resumed business here in 2009.

Viet moms freed in Thailand to be DNA tested

After the meeting between Vietnam and Thai officials yesterday, all members agreed that the 14 Vietnamese surrogate mothers recently set free from a surrogate baby ring in Bangkok are all victims.

They have pledged to work with relevant authorities to bring the Vietnamese women home.

Bui Dinh Cham, counselor at the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand, told Tuoi Tre that the two countries’ officials are discussing the victims’ situation.

Cham added that Thai Minister of Health Jurin $$$$$nawisit has promised to complete necessary procedures within 10-15 days to send them home.

The Vietnam embassy promised to frequently visit the victims during the time they are in Thailand and to provide them with Vietnamese food, milk and fish sauce because they are not accustomed to Thai cuisine.

According to Cham, Thailand has yet to make any contact with Vietnam about DNA test, which would help confirm that the babies are not related by blood to the Vietnamese mothers - as part of procedures to identify their surrogacy status.

Earlier, immigration police raided a Taiwanese company - Baby 101 Co - on Ramkhamhaeng Road on February 23 and charged its executive with human trafficking after it was found to offer an illegal surrogacy service.

Thai police arrested four Taiwanese staff and one Chinese, and rescued 14 Vietnamese women, seven of them allegedly pregnant with children destined for other people.

Source: Tuoi Tre

hotbody
05-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi There,

Any bros can help to translate this sentence. Tks.
- thuong thuong wa! Ghet lam day!

ikercasillas
06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
hi everyone

my very 1st post. can anyone translate this for me. thanks in advance

" Hum nEy là mOt ngeY kO thú vị..!pUn chan',mEt mỎi,..kết' thúC 01 TY...!tÔi mÚn cÓ đc mỘt điEu ướC' dÙ chỉ mỘt điEu ước Nhỏ nhOi..!Huhu..!..tUi chỉ mÚn đc trở vỀ nhà..!pEy jiO tUi đa nhận rA gia đình đỐi zỚi tUi raT' waN trỌg..!kO ji cÓ thỂ thEy thế..(T_T)... "

lovesprout
06-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Yesterday I sat with a girl but didn't give her money. Here is the message I received this morning:

toi hom qua em ngoi noi chuyen voi anh, anh ko cho em tien bo de em duoc lac ky.

What is the meaning of the red part? Any one can help?

ikercasillas
06-03-2011, 02:16 PM
hello everyone this is my 1st post
can anyone translate this for me. thanks in advance

" Hum nEy là mOt ngeY kO thú vị..!pUn chan',mEt mỎi,..kết' thúC 01 TY...!tÔi mÚn cÓ đc mỘt điEu ướC' dÙ chỉ mỘt điEu ước Nhỏ nhOi..!Huhu..!..tUi chỉ mÚn đc trở vỀ nhà..!pEy jiO tUi đa nhận rA gia đình đỐi zỚi tUi raT' waN trỌg..!kO ji cÓ thỂ thEy thế..(T_T)... "

ikercasillas
06-03-2011, 02:49 PM

can help me with the translation. appreciate the help

情感王子
06-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Yesterday I sat with a girl but didn't give her money. Here is the message I received this morning:

toi hom qua em ngoi noi chuyen voi anh, anh ko cho em tien bo de em duoc lac ky.

tien bo = tips
de em duoc = with your standard of TV, you should know
lac ky = LUCKY (direct tv traslation from TV) ;)

:)

情感王子
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi There,

Any bros can help to translate this sentence. Tks.
- thuong thuong wa! Ghet lam day!

thường thường = usually, often
ghét = to detest; to hate; to dislike; to abominate
lam = very much

you can find all words in vdict.com

meaning - you often like that, I hate very much

情感王子
06-03-2011, 03:31 PM
hello everyone this is my 1st post
can anyone translate this for me. thanks in advance

this is yahoo TV....
i.e hum ney = hom nay = today....
pey jio = bay gio = now....

:eek::eek:

ikercasillas
06-03-2011, 04:27 PM
sry for the multiple posts. btw my girl sms that so i wondering wat she means? some yahoo tv?

aldain
07-03-2011, 04:16 AM

can help me with the translation. appreciate the help

that's teen's language...
Today is an unexciting day...sad and tired...(our) love just faded...If i were ever granted a wish, I only wish that I could be back home (to hometown)...Now I have just realised that family is really important and indispensable to me.

jackbl
07-03-2011, 06:58 PM

with your standard of TV, you should know:)

I m also surprised too. Adguy told me LS's standard is v high :) :D

jackbl
07-03-2011, 07:04 PM
that's teen's language.

Another GREAT tieng Viet expert found here!

lovesprout
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
I m also surprised too. Adguy told me LS's standard is v high :) :D

One needs to practice Tieng Viet often. If not, forget very quickly like the poor me now. :(

What's the meaning of the second sentence? This girl works for a bank, and I told her that I want to be her customer.

em nghĩ anh cũng giao dịch với số lượng lớn
thế thì cũng dễ ăn dễ nói với sếp hơn

(I think you also deposit a large sum of money, ... ?? )

deptrai4u
08-03-2011, 02:38 PM
One needs to practice Tieng Viet often. If not, forget very quickly like the poor me now. :(

What's the meaning of the second sentence? This girl works for a bank, and I told her that I want to be her customer.

em nghĩ anh cũng giao dịch với số lượng lớn
thế thì cũng dễ ăn dễ nói với sếp hơn

(I think you also deposit a large sum of money, ... ?? )

I thought that u also have high salary
so that its easy to discuss with my superior

lovesprout
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I thought that u also have high salary
so that its easy to discuss with my superior

Thanks. You are really Dep Trai. :D

Here is another mysterious sms. I was joking with a VN girl and told her that I want her to give me a baby. This is her reply:

"e cho a do. khi nao den ngay e rung trung e nhan a qua nhe."

(I wait for you. When the day of my ovulation comes, I will ...)

What does "nhan" a qua mean? Thanks.

AdGuy
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks. You are really Dep Trai. :D

Here is another mysterious sms. I was joking with a VN girl and told her that I want her to give me a baby. This is her reply:

I think it means to 'receive you'.

AdGuy
08-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Another GREAT tieng Viet expert found here!

Agreed!

I must stand one side suck thumb liao

jackbl
09-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Agreed!

Please reward him with some points :D :)

KangTuo
09-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Agreed!

me too... :o
i not only stand one side suck thumb. i hide away suck toes as while

AdGuy
10-03-2011, 12:08 AM
me too... :o
i not only stand one side suck thumb. i hide away suck toes as while

*Looks around and sees no one*

Who's there? Come on out and stop hiding! :confused::mad:

garfield_junkie
10-03-2011, 11:10 PM

nhan = text, sms, call
a qua = you come

jackbl
11-03-2011, 03:35 AM
nhan = text, sms, call
a qua = you come

Another expert found here :)

Huo_Yuan_Jia
11-03-2011, 03:43 AM
any viet experts on some translations online to help? got some sms to decode. :D

deptrai4u
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM
any viet experts on some translations online to help? got some sms to decode. :D

Post here and we translate for u and tell u the story behind the story somemore... okok?

volcano
11-03-2011, 08:45 PM

lots of tieng Viet experts here.....but i am definitely not 1 of them.....:)

i might be able to help u on those that r not so 'chim'....:D

zhu star
12-03-2011, 12:04 PM
Anyone here know where to download good Viet translation software for Samsumg Galaxy Tab?:)

VietnamLover
12-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I do not understand what my friend is trying to say in her sms to me.

We were talking about buying a few boxes of Trung Nguyen coffee and then in the next sms, she wrote this sentence below.

Anh mua cho em 4 hop mi thay mot dam.

VietnamLover
13-03-2011, 01:20 AM
I do not understand what my friend is trying to say in her sms to me.

We were talking about buying a few boxes of Trung Nguyen coffee and then in the next sms, she wrote this sentence below.

Someone had zapped me for posting this. Kindly state the reason why you zapped me for this.

jackbl
13-03-2011, 09:34 AM

I dun understand too. Maybe u can sms her and ask her what is "mi thay mot dam"???

Anh mua cho em 4 hop=U buy for me 4 boxes

Hurricane88
13-03-2011, 10:03 AM
mi thay mot dam.

I dun understand too. Maybe u can sms her and ask her what is "mi thay mot dam"???

Anh mua cho em 4 hop=U buy for me 4 boxes

seems to be "noodle something"

13-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Any bros mind translate the below for me? :p

1. Lisa k di dau ha? Vay thi di lam di

2. Tr di voi vincent roi, hom nay sinh nhat anh ay, Anh ay nan ni tr qua troi, nen di

3. Em hate chi, k them noi chuyen voi chi luon

4. Da mang tieng lam c roi c fai lam het minh luon, vay c keo ho e 80 lai luon he

deptrai4u
14-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Any bros mind translate the below for me? :p

1. Lisa k di dau ha? Vay thi di lam di

2. Tr di voi vincent roi, hom nay sinh nhat anh ay, Anh ay nan ni tr qua troi, nen di

3. Em hate chi, k them noi chuyen voi chi luon

4. Da mang tieng lam c roi c fai lam het minh luon, vay c keo ho e 80 lai luon he

1. Lisa not going huh? so lets go work.

2. Tr went with Vicent already, today is his birthday. He gave her a lot of presents already, so she go.

3. I hate chi [elder sister], will not be talking to her at all.

4. Already acknowledged as "c" so must act like one. so "c", please help me with 80, ok?? (in this case, "c" likely means Chong which is Husband, so hers she is asking for S$80)

Hurricane88
14-03-2011, 11:00 AM

2. Tr went with Vicent already, today is his birthday. He gave her a lot of presents already, so she go.

4. Already acknowledged as "c" so must act like one. so "c", please help me with 80, ok?? (in this case, "c" likely means Chong which is Husband, so hers she is asking for S$80)

bro deptrai...your translation was really classy..."hidden tigers crouching dragon"...:)

KangTuo
14-03-2011, 11:10 AM

what is the story behind? :p

14-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Thanks brathaaa!! Ur translation is indeed classy!

deptrai4u
14-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Alway glad to be of service to all well-meaning brudders here, if I made any mistakes in the translation please let me know. Cheers!

deptrai4u
14-03-2011, 03:10 PM

Always glad to be of service to all well-meaning brudders here, if I made any mistakes in the translation please let me know so that we can all learn from each other. Cheers!

14-03-2011, 03:14 PM

hehe let me gather all the stories & post it up in one go :D

garfield_junkie
14-03-2011, 11:57 PM
He gave her a lot of presents already, so she go.
I think it's not "gave her a lot of presents already", the original was "Anh ay nan ni tr qua troi"

nan ni = ask, beg, persuade

I agreed with the rests. Btw, fyi, "qua troi" = a lot, many many. Literally, word by word translation, "qua troi" means "more than the sky"

deptrai4u
15-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I think it's not "gave her a lot of presents already", the original was "Anh ay nan ni tr qua troi"

I agreed with the rests. Btw, fyi, "qua troi" = a lot, many many. Literally, word by word translation, "qua troi" means "more than the sky"

Yeah, u are probably correct, i was just guessing actually, hihi. Thanks for the clarifications! I upz u for that!

jackbl
15-03-2011, 08:47 AM

I am Vietnamese :D

Hi Bro LeHai, please help on this :)

jackbl
15-03-2011, 08:55 AM

Bro Deptrai, can help to explain further on those few words?

I went to dictionary but cant find those words :(

VietnamLover
15-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi Bro LeHai, please help on this :)

jackbl, it is all right. I managed to figure it out already. Thanks anyway. ;)

SureScore
15-03-2011, 07:49 PM

Can you share with us?

volcano
15-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Tr di voi vincent roi, hom nay sinh nhat anh ay, Anh ay nan ni tr qua troi, nen di

Tr went out with Vincent already,today is Vincent's birthday n he begs Tr a lot to go out,so go....

jackbl
16-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Can you share with us?

Hi, I am also interested to know about the meaning. can share?

VietnamLover
16-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi, I am also interested to know about the meaning. can share?

You buy for me 4 boxes of Thai Tom Yam noodles. :)

Hurricane88
16-03-2011, 02:23 PM

hehe...lucky guess...knew most of the Vb loves tom yam kung noodles...:)

VietnamLover
16-03-2011, 02:40 PM
hehe...lucky guess...knew most of the Vb loves tom yam kung noodles...:)

Any idea which brand of tom yam kung does VB like?

Hurricane88
16-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Any idea which brand of tom yam kung does VB like?

wow this is toughie...my guess is the Myojo tom yam noodles which is reali spicy...:p

jackbl
16-03-2011, 02:59 PM

I can't relate MOT DAM to be TOM YAM.

I found that many Vb have spelling mistakes on those critical words.

VietnamLover
16-03-2011, 03:22 PM

I found that many Vb have spelling mistakes on those critical words.

Yeah but maybe she cannot remember the correct words for Tom Yam as these words are not Vietnamese words. :rolleyes:

lovesprout
16-03-2011, 04:08 PM

Me neither. Maybe it is like this and VietnamLover misunderstood:

Anh mua cho em 4 hop mi thay (doi) mot (thu) dam.

You buy 4 cups of noodles for me to exchange for one masturbation? haha. :p

VietnamLover
16-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Me neither. Maybe it is like this and VietnamLover misunderstood:

Anh mua cho em 4 hop mi thay (doi) mot (thu) dam.

You buy 4 cups of noodles for me to exchange for one masturbation? haha. :p

Nope. When she told me that, I understood most of the words except the last 3 words. I knew that she was talking about instant noodles but I couldn't understand 'thay mot dam'.

volcano
16-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Nope. When she told me that, I understood most of the words except the last 3 words. I knew that she was talking about instant noodles but I couldn't understand 'thay mot dam'.

i think she means 'cay tom dam'

'dam' can also be pronounce as 'yam'

as for the 'mot'...????.....maybe she key in too fast n mix up the letterings....:D

jackbl
17-03-2011, 03:57 AM
as for the 'mot'...????.....maybe she key in too fast n mix up the letterings....:D

Bo Tay ...... :(

jackbl
17-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Free sex a new trend in Vietnam?

VietNamNet Bridge – According to sociologists and psychologists, many Vietnamese are sticking to “free sex” trend – one can have sexual relations with several partners at the same time.

Experts said that this is the indispensable impact of the economic development and the change of values in social life. It is time to acknowledge this issue seriously because it is spreading among the youth and even some middle-aged people.

Evidences for the development of “free sex” trend in Vietnam are very clear at DNA and genetic analysis center in Hanoi. The center director, Nguyen Thi Nga, told VietNamNet many awkward stories resulted from “free sex”.

Nga said many women took their children to the center to test their DNA to find their fathers. Many middle-aged men also brought several kids to the center to define whom of them are their own children.

“A man could not find his biological child after four tests with four kids though he has supported all four kids and their mothers since the women were pregnant,” Nga said.

“It proves that these women had sexual relations with at least one other man besides the middle-aged man,” Nga analyzed.

She revealed that up to 40 percent of clients of her center detected that the children they were supporting were not their biological children.

Nga also said that recently, many pregnant women visited her center to test the DNA of the foetus. Most of these women are adulterers and they didn’t know about the father of the child. If the child’s father is their husband, they will keep it otherwise they will have abortion. They are willing to pay VND12 million ($600) to have testing results after four hours. Normally, clients know testing results after 9 days, at the cost of VND4 million ($200).

She said that some rural people also visited the center. They are husbands who suspect that their wives having extramarital relations with someone. The number of people going to Nga’s center is on the rise.

In recent years, the local media has reported many phenomena that shows the development of “free sex” trend in Vietnam. Phrases like “group love making” and “taking group sexy photos” appear on many online forums of teenage and some young people see them as fashionable.

Articles about office adultery and the boom of private hotel business to serve adulterers at noon have attracted the public.

Dr. Khuat Thu Hong, Vice Director fo the Institute for Social Development said that these stories are the sign of free sex trend. Many married people still have sexual relations with others and many single people have sexual relations with several partners at the same time.

“Everybody has the right of sex freedom and they have the right to choose their partners and their sexual behaviors but if proper precautions are not taken free sex may bring about serious consequences for themselves and society,” Dr. Hong said.

Dr. Nguyen Hoi Loan from the Psychology Faculty of the Hanoi University for Social Sciences and Humanity said that family relations in Vietnam are being harmed because of the modern life, in which people are very busy and they don’t have time for their families.

Dr. Hong said that Vietnamese society lacks conditions (systematic education of sex, lack of sympathy for divorced people, etc.) for people to engage in healthy free sex.

According to this expert, free sex can be divided into several groups.

The first group includes married couples who face problems in marriage. However, they cannot divorce because in Vietnam, it is something very bad. They seek balance by having sexual relations with others.

The second group includes married people who don’t have problems in marriage but they can still have sexual relations with others when they cannot be open with their husband/wife in sex. In Vietnam, sex is still considered as a taboo topic.

“This shows the collision between the old and the new value, which has not been accepted in Vietnam. Vietnamese still praise family value and a person’s success is linked with family so many people don’t dare to break their families,” Hong analyzed.

The third group are young people, including teenagers. When they are not controlled by families, they live on their own and develop sexual behaviors of their own.

The last group are single people who have sexual relations with different partners to change their feelings or to escape from stress at work.

“Free sex will boom in Vietnam because economic independence of individuals is being enhanced so they are not tied down by family relations,” Hong said.

“I think that free sex with the above negative acts is not good because when we see sex as a tool to deal with some matters. There will be emerging matters such family break-ups, threats of diseases, problems related to children, etc,” she said.

Ngoc Anh – Cam Quyen

Honey Boon
17-03-2011, 03:02 PM
don't know is good or bad news? :D:(

Free sex a new trend in Vietnam?

VietNamNet Bridge – According to sociologists and psychologists, many Vietnamese are sticking to “free sex” trend – one can have sexual relations with several partners at the same time.

Experts said that this is the indispensable impact of the economic development and the change of values in social life. It is time to acknowledge this issue seriously because it is spreading among the youth and even some middle-aged people.

Ngoc Anh – Cam Quyen

Honey Boon
17-03-2011, 03:06 PM
dam tac? :D

'dam' can also be pronounce as 'yam'

..:D

jackbl
18-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Vietnam to proceed with nuclear power plants

Vietnam’s energy officials say that recent explosions at Japan’s Fukushima plant will not affect the country’s development of nuclear power plants.
At the moment, Japan is dealing with the world's worst nuclear incident since Chernobyl.

Emergency workers forced to retreat from the Fukushima plant when radiation levels soared prepared to return Wednesday night after emissions dropped to safer levels, AP reported.

For the past week, they have engaged in a desperate, low-tech struggle to prevent a full-blown nuclear meltdown – just 217 kilometers from Tokyo.

The accident has caused some developed countries, including the United States, to abandon plans for nuclear power development.

However, at a Hanoi press conference Wednesday (March 16) called by Vietnam’s Ministry of Science and Technology, officials and scientists pledged that any facilities built inside the country would include the latest safety features informed by the unfolding catastrophe in Japan.

“Vietnam is planning to build nuclear power plants,” said Deputy Minister Le Dinh Tien. “Information and assessments of the blasts at the Fukushima No. 1 plant will act as a foundation to help Vietnam’s relevant authorities appropriate nuclear power programs in the country.”

Russia and Vietnam signed a multi-billion-dollar deal, in October, for the Southeast Asian country's first nuclear power plant in the south-central province of Ninh Thuan – Vietnam and Japan plan to cooperate on two other nuclear reactors.

By 2031, Vietnam plans to put eight nuclear plants into operation.

Lessons learned

Dr. Vuong Huu Tan, head of the Vietnam Atomic Energy Commission, said several factors caused the explosions at Fukushima.

The explosions at the 1st and 3rd reactors were caused by hydrogen interacting with oxygen outside the reactor. The hydrogen was formed when the superheated – and increasingly brittle – metal fuel rod containers came in contact with sea water being poured over them to prevent a meltdown.

Tan said that another reason for the explosions was that the reactors weren’t equipped with passive safety systems.

“The Fukushima No. 1 plant was designed to withstand major quakes and tsunamis,” Tan said. “But its weak point is that the cooling system uses active safety features, which are backed up by power produced from diesel-run emergency generators.”

The tsunami flooded the generator, preventing the cooling system from working. Tan said Vietnam’s first nuclear plant would be designed with an automated cooling system.

Fool proof

“The Ninh Thuan nuclear power plant’s modern reactors will be protected by a passive safety system,” Tan said. “Therefore, the plant’s cooling system can work naturally, without an human intervention or backup electricity.”

He said as the Japanese plant was built in 1960s and 1970s – when passive safety systems weren’t available yet.

As for the Vietnamese nuclear power plant’s ability to withstand an earthquake and tsunami, Dr Ngo Dang Nhan, director of the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Bureau, said that Vietnam’s eight proposed nuclear plants will be built in areas that are not likely to be hit by such disasters.

Nevertheless, he said, experts and authorities will take necessary precautions.

Nhan also said that to ensure Vietnam’s reactors are safe, human error must be taken into account.

“If we don’t have professional engineers and experts, it will be very tough in case of problems,” he said. “We need a legal framework with strict operation and maintenance regulations to make the nuclear power plants safe.”

Safety will be a priority for Vietnam as it pursues its nuclear program in cooperation with Japan and other countries, Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Nguyen Phuong Nga said Wednesday.

"Vietnam will cooperate closely with Japan and its partners to create the best plan for building nuclear power plants... and at the same time ensuring nuclear safety and environmental protection," she said.

Vietnam unaffected by radioactive leaks

The Ministry of Science and Technology said Wednesday that Vietnam won’t be affected by radioactive leaks following the explosions at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant.

Dr. Dang Thanh Luong, deputy director of the Radiation and Nuclear Safety Bureau under the ministry, said Vietnam’s air monitoring stations showed nothing unusual.

He also cited international meteorological experts as saying that the radioactive clouds produced by the compromised plant are heading North-East of Japan towards the sea and will definitely not head toward Vietnam.

Reported by Thu Hang

jackbl
19-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Da Nang again the top province
=============================================
For the third year in a row, the central city of Da Nang has continued its reign as the top performing province in the country's Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI) with a score of 69.77.

The northern mountain province of Lao Cai and southern Dong Thap province followed with scores of 67.95 and 67.22.

Surprisingly, despite being top from 2005 to 2007, the southern province of Binh Duong Province fell to fifth place.

It was the first time since the initiation of the competition five years ago that Binh Duong has fallen out of the premier group.

The Cuu Long (Mekong) Delta continues to amaze with its steady and consistent improvement. The region accounted for nine of the 22 provinces and cities ranked as "excellent" or "high" in the 2010 PCI.

The sixth annual PCI was based on a survey of 7,300 domestic firms that contributed opinions on nine aspects of governance in 63 provinces and cities. These aspects comprise entry costs, land access and security of tenure, transparency and access to information, time taken for complying with regulations, informal charges, proactivity of provincial leadership, business support services, labour and training – and legal institutions.

The views of 1,155 foreign invested enterprises were also included for the first time to provide insights into the existing Foreign Direct Investment footprint in Viet Nam.

They also throw light on the challenge of improving the business environment to attract higher value-added investment to sustain economic growth.

Source: VNS

AdGuy
19-03-2011, 01:58 PM
don't know is good or bad news? :D:(

Free sex means freedom of sex, not sex for free. Hihi.

Bros will still have to continue the policy of paying 100.

KangTuo
19-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Bros will still have to continue the policy of paying 100.

not my policy... i will pay $90 or $110 :p

AdGuy
19-03-2011, 02:41 PM
not my policy... i will pay $90 or $110 :p

You are always the special one.

Wayang
19-03-2011, 10:50 PM
hi bros.. recently i got to noe a viet WL while recce-ing ard G-Land.. been exchanging smses wif her but some of them will become gibberish when translated by Google.. so i need help translating

1)dung. va em thay anh re thuong nua. em moi noi

2)em co muon tien. anh cung dep trai va de thuong nua. qua dem nha

3)anh nhieu chuyen qua. em cung thich anh ma

thanks alot guys

garfield_junkie
20-03-2011, 12:03 AM

i assume "re thuong" is the typo form of "de thuong". Hence, the sentence become

Correct. And I see you so nice also. So I say

I did borrow money. You are handsome and nice also. Overnight OK?

But if "co muon" changed to "muon co", i.e. the 1st sentence is "em muon co tien", then the meaning become "I want to have money"

you talked/asked too much. I also like you

SureScore
20-03-2011, 11:30 AM

This gal is not literate. Her tieng viet writing is rojak.

AdGuy
20-03-2011, 11:38 AM
hi bros.. recently i got to noe a viet WL while recce-ing ard G-Land.. been exchanging smses wif her but some of them will become gibberish when translated by Google.. so i need help translating

thanks alot guys

*sigh* the same old lies

Wayang
20-03-2011, 10:04 PM
thanks guys.. i nvr hooked up wif a viet girl b4 so everything is pretty new to me.. but the ways of the WL isnt.. anyway i told her i cant help her wif her debt nor buy her an iphone..

garfield_junkie
20-03-2011, 10:49 PM
thanks guys.. i nvr hooked up wif a viet girl b4 so everything is pretty new to me.. but the ways of the WL isnt.. anyway i told her i cant help her wif her debt nor buy her an iphone..
the debt story was very original, that story has always been there ... but the iphone story ... hmmm ... must blame Steve Jobs & Apple liao. But you may try asking her "iphone 3G can?" Saw MobileSquare & WhyMobile listed trade-in price for iphone 3G as S$250

http://www.whymobile.com/tradein.php

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/trade_in/trade_ins.asp

Dieu
21-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Can any bros recomend any handphone applications or website that does a good translation of viet language to english and vice versa ? Google translate works for single words but whole sentence translation have a lot missing.
Unable to hook up with viet girls after getting their numbers :(

Hurricane88
21-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Can any bros recomend any handphone applications or website that does a good translation of viet language to english and vice versa ? Google translate works for single words but whole sentence translation have a lot missing.
Unable to hook up with viet girls after getting their numbers :(

This question had been asked many times in this thread...search for the answer and you will still not get a good answer...:)

You cannot get a good translation anywhere except this thread...oso you cannot learn any tieng viet fast except from this thread...alot of VB dun write dun write good TV and only experts in this thread can decipher the true meaning of their sms...so post your sms here...:p

Dieu
22-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Thanks for your reply. Can see that bros are willing to help translate but when meet up already still really hard to communicate with them except for rudimentary hand language. Will try to learn some basic words to help in my attempts with viet girls then :)

jackbl
22-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Will try to learn some basic words to help in my attempts with viet girls then :)

Try this :

http://www.101languages.net/vietnamese/

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnames...eofcontent.htm

http://www.l-lingo.com/app/l-lingo_vie.html

http://www.chenhuangfeng.com/qingsong/index.html

jackbl
22-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Young couples increasingly producing children out of wedlock
================================================== ================

VietNamNet Bridge – With a fear of childlessness hanging over their head, many couples decide to go against tradition and have babies before getting married.

Explaining their decision, they said that their relations are serious so it is not important whether they have a baby before or after marriage. They say it is better to have baby before marriage because the infertility rate is very high now.

“We are ready to get married so we decided to not use contraceptive devices. Whenever my girlfriend is pregnant, we will immediately organize the wedding,” said Toan, a construction engineer in Hanoi.

It is important that his parents also back his decision so his girlfriend doesn’t feel great pressure.

However, many couples are not lucky to have a baby even after forgoing contraceptive devices for a long time.

Infertility is on the rise in Vietnam. The rate was eight percent in 2010, said Deputy Minister of Health, Director of the Central Obstetrics Hospital Nguyen Viet Tien.

At the country’s largest obstetric hospital, Tu Du Hospital in HCM City, the infertility rate is 10-15 percent. Some 40 percent of the cases occur in wives, 40 percent in husbands, 10 percent come from both sides and 10 percent are unclear.

Having a baby before marriage is no longer considered “unacceptable” in Vietnam. Many parents are glad to welcome both the daughter-in-law and the grandchild at the wedding ceremony.

Many future mothers-in-law advised their sons to be serious in relations but encouraged them to “test” the girl who they plan to get married to know that she will not be childless.

“I’m afraid that my son will marry a childless girl. It is no problem if she is pregnant before getting married,” said Mrs. Nguyen Kim Chi, 50, from Hanoi.

This behavior is understandable because many families are too poor to treat infertility. At obstetrics hospitals, many couples spend dozens of thousands USD but they could not have a baby.

Besides natural reasons, many young couples are childless because of the wrong lifestyle in the past.

Doctor Nguyen Thi Hong Minh, from the Central Obstetrics Hospital, said that having sex liberally and lack of knowledge of contraception has led to an alarming rise in abortion, especially among students and youth.

It is advised to take urgent contraceptive medicines just four times a month but many girls take four pills a week, doctor Minh said.

Vietnam is one of the three countries that have the highest abortion rate in the world. The country has around 70,000 abortion cases a year, with 20 percent made by juveniles.

N.Anh

AdGuy
22-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your reply. Can see that bros are willing to help translate but when meet up already still really hard to communicate with them except for rudimentary hand language. Will try to learn some basic words to help in my attempts with viet girls then :)

Buy bro jackbl a beer and he'll teach you the ultimate xao nhieu nhieu skills

KangTuo
22-03-2011, 12:19 PM

he just updated his skill to version x.n2 yesterday.

jackbl
22-03-2011, 02:04 PM

he just updated his skill to version x.n2 yesterday.

Dun anyhow give ppl wrong impression.... I learn vietnamese through paying TIEN NHIEU NHIEU :(
If u pay alot, u felt the pinch, then it will inspire u to learn more.... Bro Adguy and KT learnt through giving a lot of LOVE, CARE and SPxxx. :D

Honey Boon
22-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I have these 3 items to offer also, but they don't seem to be interested. They just want to peep thru my wallet :(

LOVE, CARE and SPxxx. :D

lovesprout
23-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Dear All:

How to translate the following sentence? I know she wanted to tell me how and where she met her boyfriend the first time. "Ta Hien" is the name of the bar at Hanoi.

lần hẹn hò đầu tiên của bọn em
là đi uống bia trên ngã tư Tạ Hiện

Thanks.

lovesprout
23-03-2011, 08:24 PM
My VN friend recommended this TV program to me. She said every time she watches this program, she thought of me.

Foreigner Speaking Vietnamese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKOf3ao34Hk

Dieu
23-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Try this :

http://www.101languages.net/vietnamese/

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnames...eofcontent.htm

http://www.l-lingo.com/app/l-lingo_vie.html

http://www.chenhuangfeng.com/qingsong/index.html

Thanks for the helpful sites Bro :)

That would not be a problem at all, tower if that is is preference :)

deptrai4u
23-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Dear All:

How to translate the following sentence? I know she wanted to tell me how and where she met her boyfriend the first time. "Ta Hien" is the name of the bar at Hanoi.

lần hẹn hò đầu tiên của bọn em
là đi uống bia trên ngã tư Tạ Hiện

Thanks.

Literal Translation
=============
The first time we asked him/her out was to go drink beer at junction of Ta Hien street

Cultural Translation
==============
This sms is taken from a girl's phone telling her friends how they met this foreigner in Hanoi... Ta Hien is the back-packers tourists area in hanoi and the junctions of Ta Hien is where a lot of tourists sits there all day drinking beer at VND5,000 / glass.

The nature of these girls are likely WL. normal hanoi girls will not hang around that area, let alone drinking beer at Ta Hien corners, unless they are aiming to look for some customers.

deptrai4u
23-03-2011, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=lovesprout;5784225]My VN friend recommended this TV program to me. She said every time she watches this program, she thought of me.

Foreigner Speaking Vietnamese

She could be indirectly using this to tell u that she misses you. Nothing much to do with that TV program.

AdGuy
23-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Dun anyhow give ppl wrong impression.... I learn vietnamese through paying TIEN NHIEU NHIEU :(
If u pay alot, u felt the pinch, then it will inspire u to learn more.... Bro Adguy and KT learnt through giving a lot of LOVE, CARE and SPxxx. :D

Sorry, don't have much sperm to give due to daily pcc.

jackbl
24-03-2011, 01:45 PM
For those who want to buy hi tech goods to be used in VN

So easy to buy fake hi-tech goods in VN
================================================== =

VietNamNet Bridge – The Dong Kinh Market, the biggest and most bustling market in the border province of Lang Son, is considered the “paradise” of prohibited hi-tech goods, where imitated products are dirt cheap.

Those who have cars, would be interested in GPS (global positioning system) devices. However, if they do not want to spend money to buy genuine software Vietmap which is priced at no less than 4-6 million dong (US$200-300), they can use the imitated Vietmap sourced from China.

GPS devices have been available at Dong Kinh Market in large quantities. At all the kiosks here, people can easily find the imitated digital map which has the surprisingly low price of one million dong integrated in a device with unfamiliar brand “LLC”. The device uses 12V electricity sourced from the built-in lighter. It has a 3.5-4 inch color touch screen with instructions in English, Chinese and Vietnamese.

At Dong Kinh Market, the “floor price” for GPS device with 3.5 inch screen integrated with Vietmap software 2007 version. The same device with Vietmap software 2009 version is 300,000 dong more expensive. “The products do not allow updates If you purchase the product priced at 1.3 million dong to install in your car, it can get the signals emitted from the police’s speedometer from the distance of one kilometer,” a seller tried to persuade a man to purchase the products.

In fact, no one knows for sure about the real quality of the products; however, the surprisingly low prices can easily persuade people. The goods are so cheap that buyers would not regret much if they can use them for some time even if they have to throw them away later.

Besides GPS devices, high-tech buyers can also find eye-catching mobile phones which have been designed with the inspiration from super cars such as Porscher Lamborghini, or Hummer.

Most of super car-styled mobile phones have 2.2 inch touchscreen with 65,000-256,000 colours, and 2.0-12.0 megapixel camera. The mobile phones allow the user to listen to MP3 music, watch MP4 film… and have the price of two million dong on average. However, the mobile phones which allow two-wave simcard (both CDMA and GSM networks) are priced at 2.5 million dong.

In fact, such mobile phones are also available in Hanoi. They are much cheaper, by hundreds of thousands dong per product, than at Dong Kinh market.

However, the biggest problem here is that buyers at Dong Kinh Market cannot use the warranty services, while they can do if purchasing products in Hanoi. In fact, some sellers offer warranty services in order to attract more buyers. But buyers would have to go back to the market, 150 kilometers far from Hanoi.

The noteworthy thing in the market is that prohibited goods are displayed openly. The “black technology” products, such as cameras, or key hooks with eavesdropping devices, are available at all electronics kiosks.

Most of these products are as small as matchboxes. The products use 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz band of GSM network and they have installed the MiniSIM of mobile phone in order to be used as sound recorders.

In February 2011, according to Buu dien, as the supply is profuse, the devices are selling very cheaply, at 500-650,000 dong. The products with more complicated functions which allow to automatically call those, who want to eavesdrop, would be 100,000 dong more expensive.

The currently valid Government’s Decree No. 59 stipulates that all eavesdropping equipments are listed as prohibited goods. However, at Dong Kinh Market and other markets in the border provinces, such as Tan Thanh, Dong Dang in Lang Son province, Coc Leu in Lao Cai, the laws have been “ignored”. In fact, the market management taskforce has turned a blind eye to the products.

Source: Buu dien

lovesprout
24-03-2011, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=lovesprout;5784225]She could be indirectly using this to tell u that she misses you. Nothing much to do with that TV program.

Thanks for your translation. Yes. Of course she missed me. She just broke up with her French boyfriend and now she needs a replacement. She is also the one who gave me the previous message.

Wayang
24-03-2011, 06:20 PM
guys

recently i got this sms "anh bi khung khung dien dien", what is the meaning of 'khung khung dien dien' ?

khung and dien both mean crazy, so my guess is khung2 dien2 = really crazy. i believe its linked to the chinese phrase 疯疯颠颠.

deptrai4u
24-03-2011, 06:30 PM
guys

recently i got this sms "anh bi khung khung dien dien", what is the meaning of 'khung khung dien dien' ?

khung and dien both mean crazy, so my guess is khung2 dien2 = really crazy. i believe its linked to the chinese phrase 疯疯颠颠.

You are exactly right... since u so very Wayang... the viet girls described it as Khung Khung Dien Dien... got it? And they really liked it as well!

hotbody
25-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Can any bros help me to translate this sentence "Heo di hoc chua? Sao ko thay tra loi cun?"

KangTuo
25-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Can any bros help me to translate this sentence "Heo di hoc chua? Sao ko thay tra loi cun?"

pig go school/learning already? why never see reply 'cun'?

dunno what 'cun' means :o

VietnamLover
25-03-2011, 11:13 PM

cun means luon. :rolleyes:

garfield_junkie
25-03-2011, 11:39 PM

cun = puppy

jackbl
26-03-2011, 10:17 AM
清明 is coming.....

Burning hi-tech products for the dead
===============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – “When my child was alive, he really liked playing online games so I have to buy a 3G USB stick to burn for him so he can have an internet and play online games in the underworld”.

This is one of interesting orders for votive paper product shops on Hanoi’s Hang Ma street during the festival of the Kitchen God, which falls on January 26.

Votive paper producers have quickly adapted to the times to make the most modern electronic products such as iPhone, iPad, laptop and digital cameras to serve the dead. However, Mrs. Loan, who runs a votive paper shop on Hang Ma street was astonished by the request of a woman.

After purchasing necessary items for the Kitchen God Festival, the middle-aged woman ordered an iPhone, a laptop, and a MP3 player, all of which the shop could immediately provide. “I was very surprised when she ordered an internet connection drive,” Loan said.

“When my child was alive, he liked playing online games very much so I have to buy a 3G USB stick to burn for him so he can have internet and play online game in the underworld,” the woman said.

She lost her second son in a traffic accident over a year ago. First the woman studied internet connection methods and then she asked Loan to design a 3G USB stick for her dead son because device is very convenient.

The woman also said that she would burn a lot of votive money for her son pay internet fees.

“We haven’t faced any technical matter for such unique orders but through this order, I can learn from experience for next year,” Loan said.

According to votive paper shops, brand name hi-tech products are selling very well this year. A paper laptop is priced VND30,000 ($1.5), a paper iPhone VND80,000 ($4), a paper MP3 player VND70,000 and a 3G USB stick is VND40,000 ($2). However, they only produce these things in orders.

Since mid-January, many shops have sold hundreds of iPhones and laptops and they have refused new orders since early this week.

Hang Ma Street was most crowded in the morning of January 25, one day before the Kitchen God Festival. Products for the dead were hung in front of shops or displayed on the pavement. Apart from traditional items like traditional costumes and cash, cars and clothes with world famous brands were also available.

Sellers said that the living standards of Hanoians are getting higher so it is not difficult to sell votive products worth of several hundreds of USD.

Cam Quyen

jackbl
26-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Wow... vn seems more open in this area than sgp :confused:

Café for homosexuals in Da Nang
==========================================

VietNamNet Bridge – There is a special café in the central province of Da Nang – Nhip Dap - where homosexuals gather during the weekend to talk, to enjoy music, to learn knowledge about HIV prevention and to be their true selves.

In Vietnam in general and in Da Nang in particular, homosexuality is shunned. Some still thought that it is a communicable disease. “Nhip Dap” café has become a place where gays see each others to seek sympathy and sharing.

The owner of this special café is Nguyen The Trung, an employee of the Center for Public Health Consulting in Da Nang. His job is answering questions and consoling people who are recently aware that they are homosexuals and giving them knowledge on safe sex.

Trung said he opened “Nhip Dap” to make a playground for homosexuals and for educating them about HIV prevention. Condoms are also handed out for free at “Nhip Dap”.

Knowledge on HIV prevention and safe sex is also combined in songs and played performed at the café by staffs of the Center for Public Health Consulting. After performances, Trung often organizes games or quizzes on HIV/AIDS.

The 25sq.m café has become a home for homosexuals, where they can be themselves.

Trung also opened a dancing class for homosexuals, who can work as dancers for the café.

“I felt wretched when I knew about my true self. My parents were heartbroken. They forced me to quit my job to go to hospitals and mountebanks to cure myself. I love my parents very much so I have tried to work and save money to support my parents to bring up my younger brother and sister. I have a stable job and now I want to live for myself and help people of the same plight as me,” Trung said.

Trung and his friends at “Nhip Dap” Café have assisted many people to seek balance after they noticed that they are homosexual men.

Trung said there was a 9th grader who showed himself as a gay at school. The school told the boy’s parents about the case. The parents insulted the boy and expelled him from their home. The boy’s friends also kept away from him. Trung consoled the boy and saw his parents to explain to them that homosexuality is not a disease and the boy is innocent.

“At first, they told me that it was their own business and I should not intervene in. But I tried to convene him and they have understood the matter. The boy has returned to school,” Trung said.

“Nhip Dap” has become a home of homosexuals in Da Nang city. “I come to this café every Saturday. This is my second home,” said a student.

Vo Thanh Trung, Deputy Director of the Center for Public Health Consulting, praised the café’s contribution for spreading knowledge on HIV/AIDS and safe sex to the community of homosexuals in Da Nang.

AdGuy
27-03-2011, 02:26 PM
cun = puppy

Makes a lot of sense since the conversation started with a pig :D

FireShark
29-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Dear all bros,

Recently all been cheonging RS, AD, Ma, & GM. Nowadays seem like there are overcrowded of VBs or did I see wrongly. All there places a good places to cheong but the beer are a bit steep.

MrVinegar
30-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Nowadays seem like there are overcrowded of VBs

everywhere is crowded. i have a feeling that the av is going for a big big sweeping operation in many area soon.

jackbl
31-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Innovative idea to do biz.....

After-school service welcomed in HCM City
================================================== =
VietNamNet Bridge – School hours finish at 4.30-5 pm, while parents cannot leave offices before 5.30 or 6 pm. That is the reason why a new kind of service has appeared in HCM City – supervising children after school.

The demand is high

“Our child leaves school at 5 pm every day. Both my husband and I have to leave the office late, so we cannot pick up our child, a second grader” said Phan Thi Thong Nhat, who lives in Tan Binh District. “Several months ago, after hearing that there is a center which can take care of the children after school, I decided to use the service. The service is good, because it fulfills our needs”.

According to Nhat, workers of Happy Back Home center are present at exactly 5 pm every day to pick up children. The children then are carried by taxi to the center, where they can relax, have a bath, drink milk and then have light meals. At 6 pm, children begin studying with teachers who show them how to do homework exercises and other work. The teaching sessions finish at 8 pm.

“I have to do only one thing – pick up my child at 8 pm. Our child does not have to study at home anymore, because he finishes his work at the center. Therefore, we have more time to talk with him during the dinner, something that we could not do in the past,” Nhat said.

The total sum of money Nhat has to pay for the service is 1.6 million dong a month, which, according to Nhat, is not costly. In the past, tutoring lessons alone cost Nhat 1.5 million dong a month.

Meanwhile, Phan Minh Anh, who lives in Go Vap district, related that she has to spend 600,000 dong a month for a similar service. Every day, her child – a third grader, is picked up from school and carried to a house, where he can relax, have a snack and prepare for the next day’s lessons.

“The service provider is a retired state employee. She loves children, therefore, she provides the service,” Anh said.

In fact, Anh feels a little bit worried about the service, because her child has to stay in a cramped room after school where many students are gathered. Meanwhile, the meals are not very good, and the service providers are not trained teachers. However, Anh said she does not have any other choice.

“My husband and I return home late, at 7 pm every day. It takes us another hour or so more hours to prepare dinner. Therefore, my child does not have time to both eat dinner and prepare for the next day’s lessons. Meanwhile, children need to go to bed soon,” she complained.

The high demand from parents like Thong Nhat and Anh has led to the strong development of afterschool programs in HCM City.

Problems exist

Dong Thi Minh, a parent in Phu Nhuan district, related that she has been relying on the service provided by a kindergarten teacher. After school, the teacher needs to carry her child to the teacher home, feed the child a glass of milk and let him play while waiting for the parents to come.

“One day, I left the office early and decided to go to the kindergarten to pick up my child. When I got there, I saw a motorbike that carried five children aged from three to five. I saw my child sitting behind the motorbike driver, with no seat belt. It was terrible,” she said.

Many parents have another worry about the safety of the service. After the school hours, children are taken to the homes of service providers. Meanwhile, the design of houses is completely different from the design of kindergartens. For example, sockets at homes are within the reach of children. Meanwhile, teachers do not spend much time taking care of children, because they have to arrange work themselves.

The most ideal solution for keeping children after school hours is that schools provide extra services. However, school teachers do not agree to working extra hours. Therefore, using afterschool services remains the choice of many parents.

Source: Tien phong

jackbl
31-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Found this in another thread but i find it useful to copy and paste here for Bros to learn : http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=229442

1. Chị Châu đám cưới hả....ko mời mấy em nha..
Sister married? Why no invite us come.

2. chi vua to chuc le hoi thoi em a. chua lam dam cuoi. khi nao da cuoi ko thieu phan em, nhung chi so em ko co thoi gian den thoi.
Sister only tell you going to married but not yet.When i married i won't forget to invite you only scare you are busy

3. aaAA..khi nào cưới thì chị nhớ tụi em nha...hehe..chắc chắn sẽ đến mà..anh chị dự định chừng nào thế..
When you married must inform us .Dure we ill attend.When are you going to married?

4. chac chan nhe.chi dang ki ket hon roi. nhung cuoi thi doi hoc xong em a.
Sure come .Now planning to get marry but have to finish study.

5. hehe..thế thì đám cưới nhiều nơi rồi nha...cả 2 miền..)...2 ng hp nha..quyết định cưới làm em bất ngờ quá..
Do marry in both place(Refer to Hanoi & HCM). Happy cos your suddenly surprise telling me you are getting married.

6. hihi....cam on em nhieu. chi cung ko dinh cuoi som vay dau, nhung anh Chinh tot wa chieu chi lam,chi nghi di dau ma tim duoc nguoi nhu vay nen quyet dinh luon.
Many thanks.Sister also no think married early but.Chinh(Refer to the man name) very good to me.These kind of good man is hard to find.Find a good man like him so have to married.

7. chi dam cuoi rui ho???co phan cua e ko?
You married already?Got invite me?

8. dam cuoi co phan e ko chi ?
Married we sure come.

AdGuy
31-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Mr jackbl,

Y post this no QC one?

A lot of translations are wrong

Found this in another thread but i find it useful to copy and paste here for Bros to learn : http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=229442

KangTuo
31-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Mr jackbl,

Y post this no QC one?

he only got time to KC no time to QC :D

jackbl
31-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Mr jackbl,

Y post this no QC one?

Since you are the TS and also good in T.V, please help to correct the translations. Thanks :)

jackbl
31-03-2011, 06:24 PM
he only got time to KC no time to QC :D

I didnt KC leh... Why u go oversea a few days u become KT roi???? Please guess what does KT means in vietnamese :D

deptrai4u
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Mr jackbl,

Y post this no QC one?

I went to that thread and read and had a good laugh. That poor Tommy guy was totally mislead by the translation and probably accused the poor innocent girl for fooling around.

KangTuo
01-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I didnt KC leh... Why u go oversea a few days u become KT roi???? Please guess what does KT means in vietnamese :D

Khi Ton :D

jackbl
02-04-2011, 04:42 AM

1. Chị Châu đám cưới hả....ko mời mấy em nha..
Sister married? Why no invite us come.

2. chi vua to chuc le hoi thoi em a. chua lam dam cuoi. khi nao da cuoi ko thieu phan em, nhung chi so em ko co thoi gian den thoi.
Sister only tell you going to married but not yet.When i married i won't forget to invite you only scare you are busy

3. aaAA..khi nào cưới thì chị nhớ tụi em nha...hehe..chắc chắn sẽ đến mà..anh chị dự định chừng nào thế..
When you married must inform us .Dure we ill attend.When are you going to married?

4. chac chan nhe.chi dang ki ket hon roi. nhung cuoi thi doi hoc xong em a.
Sure come .Now planning to get marry but have to finish study.

5. hehe..thế thì đám cưới nhiều nơi rồi nha...cả 2 miền..)...2 ng hp nha..quyết định cưới làm em bất ngờ quá..
Do marry in both place(Refer to Hanoi & HCM). Happy cos your suddenly surprise telling me you are getting married.

6. hihi....cam on em nhieu. chi cung ko dinh cuoi som vay dau, nhung anh Chinh tot wa chieu chi lam,chi nghi di dau ma tim duoc nguoi nhu vay nen quyet dinh luon.
Many thanks.Sister also no think married early but.Chinh(Refer to the man name) very good to me.These kind of good man is hard to find.Find a good man like him so have to married.

7. chi dam cuoi rui ho???co phan cua e ko?
You married already?Got invite me?

8. dam cuoi co phan e ko chi ?
Married we sure come.

I went to that thread and read and had a good laugh. That poor Tommy guy was totally mislead by the translation and probably accused the poor innocent girl for fooling around.

Hi Big Bro Deptrai, i felt the translation is not bad leh. If u find anything funny, please point out so that I can learnt from mistakes. Thanks :)

AdGuy
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Big Bro Deptrai, i felt the translation is not bad leh. If u find anything funny, please point out so that I can learnt from mistakes. Thanks :)

Simple example.

Last sentence was a question. How come the translation became a reply.

jackbl
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Simple example.

Last sentence was a question. How come the translation became a reply.

Since u TS, and already knew that his translation A LOT are wrong, why not correct his mistakes, and benefit the ppl here?

deptrai4u
02-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Since u TS, and already knew that his translation A LOT are wrong, why not correct his mistakes, and benefit the ppl here?

i think TS does not owe anyone a living and he is neither paid to do translation, so if he wants to translate, he can do it, but if he does not want, he is not obligated to do so.

My take of the translation is this... the guy who did the translation just did the Literal translation without explaining what it could also mean.. and that lead to the tommy guy jumping to the wrong conclusion and accussing his gf that she is going to marry another man! Haiz...

For Singaporean, to ask for such translation, need to becarful... literal translation will usually end up with misunderstanding unless u know the culture of the Vietnamese.

For example, EM and ANH is YOU and ME. TAO and MAY is also ME and YOU, but the meaning is world apart!!!!

So in this case, even if TS were to translate, it will not be very far from that mis-leading translation done by the other guy(when done in English), so what is the point???

Its only when u throw in lots of cultural highlights than the meaning become clear, and anyway, the initial message by tommy guy, he left out a very important piece of info... he did not say each of the message is Sent by who to who and that is also one of the main cause of the mis-translation.

jackbl
02-04-2011, 04:49 PM
i think TS does not owe anyone a living and he is neither paid to do translation, so if he wants to translate, he can do it, but if he does not want, he is not obligated to do so.

So in this case, even if TS were to translate, it will not be very far from that mis-leading translation done by the other guy(when done in English), so what is the point???

Its only when u throw in lots of cultural highlights than the meaning become clear, and anyway, the initial message by tommy guy, he left out a very important piece of info... he did not say each of the message is Sent by who to who and that is also one of the main cause of the mis-translation.

Sorry if my persistent request to TS to explain further perturbed u. You also said that for TS to translate, it will not be very far from what the "helpful" guy.

Becaused I see that TS said there are a lot of mistakes so I request him to explain to us further....

Since U said that no one owe anyone anything here, then I will not pursue this matter further. Thank you for your attention. :)

AdGuy
02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
You all talk like having a UN summit.

This is just a forum.

Chill!

deptrai4u
02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
You all talk like having a UN summit.

This is just a forum.

Chill!

Relax, TS, Jack and me good friends.. he say what he wants to say, no offense at all lah, I only replying to the points that he brings out objectively and nothing personal at all. If got anything displeasure I can settle with him over a jug of beer at M51 anytime! followed by tau huay chui across the street!

Anyway, the guy who started these actually opened a new thread just to ask for translation and his thread has been TAGGED by boss. So if anyone post anything more in that thread will be automatically zapped by the system. he should have posted it here and i will be most glad to help with the right translation.

jackbl
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Relax, TS, Jack and me good friends.. he say what he wants to say, no offense at all lah, I only replying to the points that he brings out objectively and nothing personal at all. If got anything displeasure I can settle with him over a jug of beer at M51 anytime! followed by tau huay chui across the street!

Yeah! But the best is to settle over a dinner at HCMC if got chance :D I still remember the dinner at Q4, Nguyen Truong To Street.

Saw u happily eating Teochew Porridge at GL39 last week :D

hotbody
03-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi bros,

Pls help me to translate "a danh bida nen ko coi ft dc, e choi nhe" tks.

KangTuo
03-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi bros,

Pls help me to translate "a danh bida nen ko coi ft dc, e choi nhe" tks.

you reading some vb handphine text message?

"I am playing billard therefore cannot see "ft", you play?"

"ft" may be a typo error or short form for some words which I do not know.

AdGuy
03-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Great that you are there.

Then at least u have more time to provide translations :D

deptrai4u
04-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah! But the best is to settle over a dinner at HCMC if got chance :D I still remember the dinner at Q4, Nguyen Truong To Street.

Saw u happily eating Teochew Porridge at GL39 last week :D

when u going HCMC again? I got a lot more places to show u! Even got the best Char Bee Hoon under the sun!

jackbl
05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
when u going HCMC again? I got a lot more places to show u! Even got the best Char Bee Hoon under the sun!

Visit to VN/HCMC will be much much lesser than Little VN here. I need to polish up my knowledge of there first before I go more often. :D

jackbl
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
A very important animal in the History of Ancient Vietnam....

Hoan Kiem turtle fished out for treatment
==============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Some 50 people, including marine commandos were involved in the catch of Hoan Kiem turtle on April 3. After several hours, the legendary turtle was towed to the Rua (turtle) isle in the middle of the lake for treatment of its wounds.

The mission started in the morning, in with some sunlight and light wind. Workers of the KAT group and Hanoi’s marine commandos spread a big net and prepare an iron cage.

By 3 pm, workers defined the location of the turtle based on bubbles on the surface. The turtle was driven into the big net, which covered around 200 square meters.

Workers brought the iron cage and an iron net to the water. Within one hour, workers gradually narrowed the net from 200 to 20 square meters with the turtle inside.

At around 4.30 pm, the turtle was driven into the iron cage. The cage was pulled by two boats to the Rua isle. Workers were both pulling the cage and singing.

The turtle was moved from the iron cage to a specialized tank called the “turtle hospital”.

Thousands of people, including foreign tourists, witnessed the mission.

Le Xuan Rao, director of the Hanoi Department of Science and Technology, said that workers practiced three times before the catch.

This was the second time that Hanoi fished out the turtle for treatment. The first time, on March 8, the mission failed because the turtle torn the net and escaped.

A “turtle hospital” was built on the Rua isle. Another tank, which is hundreds of square meters, is being built as the “sanitarium” for the treatment after it is treated on the Rua isle.

Hanoi authorities decided to fish out the turtle for treatment in February 2011, after several times the turtle floated to the surface with many wounds on its body.

Hanoi set up a steering board to save the turtle. Members include scientists and veterinary experts. The board has decided to treat and take care of the turtle in a process ranging between two months to two years.

The city will also improve the aquatic environment of the Hoan Kiem Lake.

jackbl
05-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I got a lot more places to show u! Even got the best Char Bee Hoon under the sun!

Chocolate, lobster and holiday buffet at the Caravelle

Chocolate cakes and seafood will be among the delicacies at the Caravelle Hotel in April

The Caravelle Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City will hold a chocolate promotion next month with a selection of chocolate cakes that will satisfy the most diehard chocoholic.

During the promotion from April 9 to 22, the à la carte menu in the Caravelle’s Lobby Lounge will include delights like Black Forest Sacher, chocolate truffle tart and pistachio-flavored chocolate cake. Besides, there will be unusual treats like white chocolate, pistachio and apricot slice, which is made with a white chocolate pistachio mousse, apricot jelly and hazelnut-almond sponge, and orange-spiced sweet bitter chocolate pie, which has a caramelized puff pastry and shortbread crust and an orange liqueur-spiced dark chocolate emulsion.

From sweets to seafood, Reflections at the Caravelle will be serving up an array of traditional and modern lobster dishes from April 21 to 28.

The appetizers will include lobster ravioli flavored with lemongrass, lobster carpaccio with ginger, chili and Asian greens, and a lobster and oyster chowder with curry oil. Besides traditional lobster dishes, there will be new offerings such as lobster with tarragon gnocchi as well as “Lobster Surf and Turf” featuring slow-cooked beef shin and wild mushrooms, roasted lobster tail with a champagne and rhubarb sauce, and celeriac puree.

For Vietnam’s Liberation Day and Labor Day (April 30 and May 1), the Caravelle’s restaurant Nineteen will be laying out a dinner buffet with everything from seafood cooked to order (lobster, tiger prawns, soft-shell crab and squid) to whole roast leg of lamb to an Action Station serving up sirloin steak, imported beef, caviar, fresh oyster and cheese.

For further information, contact the Caravelle Hotel, 19 Lam Son Square, District 1, HCMC.

jackbl
09-04-2011, 08:47 AM

Bro due to the recent TOAD issue, I think u are very "stressed" that he DARE NOT meet up with u. Something for u below:

Eat to sleep well
=============================
Lotus seeds are particularly helpful in producing a good night’s rest, according to local herbalists
Sleep is vital for recovering from a stressful day. Insomnia caused by stress, work, family conflict, disease or environmental reasons can lead to nervous breakdowns, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and even cancer.

I recommend countering insomnia by eating cooked dishes of lotus seeds, long nhãn (dried longan), nấm mèo đen (a kind of edible mushroom called jelly ear fungus), and nấm linh chi (literally: supernatural mushroom, or lingzhi or reishi mushroom). These ingredients are easy to find at the market.

Lotus seeds are particularly helpful in producing a good night’s rest and are the basis of the following five recipes.

A tasty porridge can be made by cooking 100g of lotus seeds, 30g of sticky rice and 100g of sliced lean pork in a pot of water over a medium flame until it turns into porridge and the lotus seeds are soft enough to eat. Season with salt and sugar, and serve hot.

A good variation is lotus seed and nấm linh chi soup, which is made by cooking 100g of lotus seeds, 20g of nấm linh chi and 30g of sticky rice in a pot of water over a medium flame until the concoction thickens and the lotus seeds and mushrooms are soft enough to eat. Season with sugar and enjoy one hour before going to bed.

Another is lotus seeds and hải sâm (sea cucumber). For this, place 100g of lotus seeds and 200g of sea cucumber in a pot, cover with water, and simmer until the lotus seeds and sea cucumber are soft. Season with sugar and salt, and eat ahead of the evening meal.

Lotus seeds and coconut also go well together. Put 100g of lotus seeds in a pot, cover with water and simmer until they are soft. Then add 100g of scraped coconut plus a pinch of sugar, and stir well. Leave the pot on the stove for five minutes before ladling out and drinking the soup.

The fifth lotus seed recipe is for a sweet soup and needs 100g of lotus seeds and 200g of dried longans. Put both in a pot with three bowls of water and cook gently until the seeds are soft. Sweeten to taste with sugar.

Besides lotus seeds, nấm mèo đen is the basis of several dishes for treating insomnia.

Here are three recipes:

The first needs 50g of nấm mèo đen and 50g of nấm mèo trắng (white fungus), which should both be soaked in a bowl of water for 15 minutes, removed and rinsed. Place them in another bowl along with some rock sugar and a little water. Pour two bowls of water in a pot, and place the bowl of mushrooms in the pot. Steam over a high flame until the mushrooms are soft, which should take about 15 minutes. Eat the mushrooms and drink their water in the evening.

The second recipe requires 15g of nấm mèo đen, 8g of nấm mèo trắng, 6g of nấm linh chi (lingzhi or reishi mushrooms), five black jujubes and three thin pieces of ginger. Place the lot in a pot with 750ml of water and cook over a high flame until the mushrooms are soft. The soup can be enjoyed before lunch or dinner.

A sweet soup can also be produced with 30g of nấm mèo đen, 30g of nấm mèo trắng, 30g of lotus seeds and five black jujubes. Put all the ingredients in 750ml of water in a pot and cook over a high flame until the mushrooms and lotus seeds are soft. Add a pinch of crushed rock sugar and stir well. Enjoy the sweet soup for dinner.

Rau nhút (water mimosa) also aids in sleeping well. This vegetable can be eaten by first washing and soaking it, or it can be cooked in water along with some freshwater fish to go into a sour soup.

Source: Thanh Nien

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Experts, what is (a an com chua ? e nho a) & (em nho anh lam hi hi anh dang o dau)

much appreciated.

Hurricane88
09-04-2011, 12:50 PM
experts, what is a an com chua ? e nho a.

an = eat
com = rice
chua = yet

e = I or sister
nho = miss or remember
a = you or bro

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 01:19 PM
an = eat
com = rice
chua = yet

e = I or sister
nho = miss or remember
a = you or bro

thanks hurricane. what about this ? (em nho anh lam hi hi anh dang o dau ?)

Hurricane88
09-04-2011, 01:25 PM

these are very basic tieng viet...you can check the translation here...www.vdict.com...otherwise you will post everytime you recieve an sms..:p:confused::rolleyes:

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 01:29 PM
lol ok. just that those translation sites aren't that accurate and dict may not have the right words too.

KangTuo
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM

em = I (female)
nho = miss
anh = you (male)
lam = much

hi hi = "laughing"

dang (đang) = (v) to be the process of
o dau = at where

lol ok. just that those translation sites aren't that accurate and dict may not have the right words too.
but this translation site is alright. Only the word "hi hi" cannot be found

shysaint
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM

Like bro hurricane said, this are basic TV .. so i only know basic TV .. hi hi :p

em nho anh
I Miss You ...

hi hi
Vietnamese way of laughing / giggling

anh dang o dau

Where are you

Hurricane88
09-04-2011, 01:41 PM

sure we knew...but that's how most of us started...we still has to go thru that...another method is search thru bro jackbl lessons in this thread...study them and you will gain alot...:p

ok..translate for you final time...
em nho anh lam hi hi anh dang o dau
I miss you doing hi hi (laughing) where are you now

see next you will post more and ask again...lazy ppl will not gain much like this...haiz...:rolleyes:

Like bro hurricane said, this are basic TV .. so i only know basic TV .. hi hi :p

em nho anh
I Miss You ...

hi hi

anh dang o dau

Where are you

haiz...if knew you help...then I will not do so liao...

KangTuo
09-04-2011, 01:43 PM
hi hi

sillypore way is "hee hee"
new generation vn way is "hjhj".... "handjob handjob" :p

KangTuo
09-04-2011, 01:44 PM

if i knew you too will help, I will not find the words in v.dict to translate liao :):p

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 01:45 PM
much appreciated guys. i agree sometimes we need to learn the hard way :).

Hurricane88
09-04-2011, 01:46 PM
if i knew you too will help, I will not find the words in v.dict to translate liao :p

the master has spoken...still need to use vdict.com...hihi...:confused::rolleyes::cool:

KangTuo
09-04-2011, 01:47 PM
much appreciated guys. i agree sometimes we need to learn the hard way :).

no need learn the hard way...we can learn it the shiok shiok way. Go JC or GL often :p

shysaint
09-04-2011, 02:17 PM
new generation vn way is "hjhj".... "handjob handjob" :p

Long time no chat to u .. u still so funny .. hahhahahah ..... :p

shysaint
09-04-2011, 02:18 PM

hehehehe ..... :p

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
no need learn the hard way...we can learn it the shiok shiok way. Go JC or GL often :p

lol need dough for being frequent you know. i'm not ASK hahhaa.

shysaint
09-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Many people use ... I also use ...

You don't know TV and how u know is not accurate and no right words.... i guess you must be an expert to say so ... XAO NHIEU NHIEU .... :p

Cannot say not accucrate ... we know how to do words selection and filter off words.... we can differentiate right and worng ...

Legionnaire
09-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Many people use ... I also use ...

You don't know TV and how u know is not accurate and no right words.... i guess you must be an expert to say so ... XAO NHIEU NHIEU .... :p

Cannot say not accucrate ... we know how to do words selection and filter off words.... we can differentiate right and worng ...

Haha i stand corrected. Perhaps the words are similar like pinyin in having to knowing the difference. Trial and error i guess :).

AdGuy
09-04-2011, 03:15 PM
sure we knew...but that's how most of us started...we still has to go thru that...another method is search thru bro jackbl lessons in this thread...study them and you will gain alot...:p

First word I learnt was ba xa... Taught by none other than bro jackbl. He was laughing at me then at j51 for not knowing.

That was 7years ago. How time flies. I'm now nursery viet liao, but I know lam tinh and they don't. Hehe

AdGuy
09-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Haha i stand corrected. Perhaps the words are similar like pinyin in having to knowing the difference. Trial and error i guess :).

Viet is a nice language to learn.

Embrace it as a whole and not just because u wanna chat up the chicks.

Take time to read bro jackbl articles for more background. But still dun understand y he posted the one about the turtle.

AdGuy
09-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Long time no chat to u .. u still so funny .. hahhahahah ..... :p

Oh dun worry, he's still the same.

Talk about retiring but still see him running ard.

KangTuo
09-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh dun worry, he's still the same.

Talk about retiring but still see him running ard.

running around is a form of exercise :p

AdGuy
09-04-2011, 05:06 PM
running around is a form of exercise :p

So is pcc. That's y I'm so fit.

AdGuy
10-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Apologies for the long hiatus,

Due to resources constraints, we could not translate as many songs as we would have liked.

Nevertheless, we are back with a brand new batch starting with

Cau Vong Khuyet (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t281-cu-vng-khuyt#1948) by Tuan Hung

Bros into the Viet scene will know that this is currently a very popular song in the pubs.

Enjoy!

KangTuo
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Cau Vong Khuyet (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t281-cu-vng-khuyt#1948) by Tuan Hung

Bros into the Viet scene will know that this is currently a very popular song in the pubs.

Enjoy!

too many people sing liao... sianz...

another one...
Akira Phan - Mùa Đông Không Lạnh

VietnamLover
10-04-2011, 10:37 AM
em nho anh lam
I miss you doing...

it means I miss you much. Not doing.

AdGuy
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
too many people sing liao... sianz...

another one...
Akira Phan - Mùa Đông Không Lạnh

This is Jackbl's current fav song

AdGuy
10-04-2011, 11:04 AM

His translation could be correct... to which the reply would be:

Ok, Toi nay a lam voi e. :D

Just kidding

Hurricane88
10-04-2011, 11:06 AM

cam on nhieu lam...:cool::rolleyes:

His translation could be correct... to which the reply would be:

Ok, Toi nay a lam voi e. :D

Just kidding

xie xie ni...cam on nhieu lam...:)

vlover
10-04-2011, 05:53 PM

ft may imply phim.. I play billard so cant see movie, you go play urself nhe.. HJHJ.. since HJHJ means handjob handjob, I am hoping for my VB to sms me BJBJ!! :eek::D

Regards,
vlover

vlover
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
His translation could be correct... to which the reply would be

Just kidding

TS,
I have a feeling feeling chicken wing vietnam song to intro to you..

'Khuc Duong Cam Cho Em'.. this song some VBs hear already will start to get emotional one.. tried this a few times and succeeded..

Regards,
vlover

AdGuy
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
TS,
I have a feeling feeling chicken wing vietnam song to intro to you..

'Khuc Duong Cam Cho Em'.. this song some VBs hear already will start to get emotional one.. tried this a few times and succeeded..

Regards,
vlover

Thanks man...

but what's feeling feeling chicken wing?

jackbl
11-04-2011, 04:28 AM
First word I learnt was ba xa... Taught by none other than bro jackbl. He was laughing at me then at j51 for not knowing.

That was 7years ago. How time flies. I'm now nursery viet liao, but I know lam tinh and they don't. Hehe

Correction. That was 5 years ago. April 2006.

jackbl
11-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Take time to read bro jackbl articles for more background. But still dun understand y he posted the one about the turtle.

There is a story behind the Turtle and Lake Hoan Kiem. If u can tell it to a Hanoian then he/she will be impressed.

KangTuo
11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
There is a story behind the Turtle and Lake Hoan Kiem. If u can tell it to a Hanoian then he/she will be impressed.

is it same same the story about turtle/tortise and kusu island??? :confused:

deptrai4u
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
is it same same the story about turtle/tortise and kusu island??? :confused:

No no no, its not the same fucking turtle story of the kuku island in Singapore, the one in Hanoi is very classic one.. let me tell the story here...

In the olden days, a Vietnamese hero went to the lake and a BIG Turtle surfaced with a sword and asked that Hero to use the sword to chase the Chinese back to China. Hero succeeded and once taske completed, he went back to the Lake and Return-the-Sword to the turtle... therefore the name of the lake... Return-the-sword (in Chinese) lake.

So as u can see... its actually a chinese name... and in the Hoan Kiem district.. the busiest part is made up of 36 small streets... each street starts with the name Hang this and Hang that... for example.. Hang Giay.. Hang Buom.. Hang Tre... these 36 Hang conincides with what the Chinese identifies as the 36 tradtional businesses/trades and also the saying in Chinese.. "36-trades.. every trade produces a king-pin.."
So, the Hoan Kiem Lake, Hoan Kiem District. and temples in Hoan Kiem, and all the festivals in Vietnam, all concides with China culture, because for a long time China ruled Vietnam and has a very strong influence over it.

lovesprout
11-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Yes. You are right. When I saw your post regarding the turtle, I immediately asked my friend in Hanoi whether she went to see people catch turtle. She was very very impressed.

She also told me that seeing the big turtle to surface in Hoan Kiem Lake is considered very good luck. Therefore, every time when the turtle surface, there will be a crowd gathering just to see the turtle. You can find some videos from youtube.

jackbl
12-04-2011, 01:19 PM
In the olden days, a Vietnamese hero went to the lake and a BIG Turtle surfaced with a sword and asked that Hero to use the sword to chase the Chinese back to China. Hero succeeded and once taske completed, he went back to the Lake and Return-the-Sword to the turtle... therefore the name of the lake... Return-the-sword (in Chinese) lake.

The hero is one of the famous emperor of Le dynasty Lê Lợi.
The lake is also called Hồ Gươm.

jackbl
12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Yes. You are right. When I saw your post regarding the turtle, I immediately asked my friend in Hanoi whether she went to see people catch turtle. She was very very impressed.

So now u understand why I post alot of news article. It can be a topic for conversation with VBs.... Understand Vietnamese language, also need to know about their culture and people. :)

KangTuo
12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
The hero is one of the famous emperor of Le dynasty Lê Lợi.
The lake is also called Hồ Gươm.

uncle jackbl oi... you are not only Mr. VNgeography but also Mr. VNhistory :D:p

zhu star
12-04-2011, 02:06 PM

............ and walking TV translator :)

VietnamLover
12-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Today 12th April is Hung Kings Commemoriations (Giỗ Tổ Hùng Vương) public holiday in Vietnam.

KangTuo
12-04-2011, 03:02 PM
a BIG Turtle surfaced with a sword

*joking* the turtle name is Leonardo (http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/98824.gif) or Ralph (http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/pics/8/424/how-to-draw-raphael-from-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.jpg) :p

jackbl
12-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Today 12th April is Hung Kings Commemoriations (Giỗ Tổ Hùng Vương) public holiday in Vietnam.

To be exact, should refer to lunar calendar, 10th day of 3rd lunar month. :)

AdGuy
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Also Mr. VNKhachSanNova :D

jackbl
13-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Also Mr. VNKhachSanNova

This title shd go to Bro KT. He done more than me with minimum cost :D Maybe he is Mr VNDepTrai :p

jackbl
13-04-2011, 12:33 AM
A fren sms me and ask me what the below sentence meant, I search thru but still cant get it.... maybe someone here can help. Thanks in advance....

VB: Go hotel with me
Fren : I m not free
VB : Nc mat r0j tr0 choj ket thuc-lau nc mat tjep tuc tr0 ch0j.....

KangTuo
13-04-2011, 02:40 PM
This title shd go to Bro KT. He done more than me with minimum cost :D

not always leh... i spend above my average spending to bonk vb leh. Especially the TNN vb :p

KangTuo
13-04-2011, 02:55 PM

I am free to search vdick.com...

nc = noi chuyen = talk
mat = lost
roi =already
tro choi = game
ket thuc = conclude, to end

lau = long while
tiep tuc = continous

conversation end, game end - a long while then communicate, no continuation of game

AdGuy
13-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I have another translation.

Nc = nuoc

Tro choi = tro troi = lonely

Lau = wipe away

So my version is:

Cry already loneliness end. Wipe tears away loneliness continue.

KangTuo
13-04-2011, 10:51 PM
VB: Go hotel with me
Fren : I m not free

Cry already loneliness end. Wipe tears away loneliness continue.

your version seems more suitable in the conversation....
I have another version more appropriate for the conversation.

Nc mat (Nuoc mat) = tears = CB drip water
Lau Nc mat = wipe tears = CB dry

CB drip water already loneliness end (becoz can fcuk). CB dry, continue loneliness

AdGuy
13-04-2011, 11:12 PM
your version seems more suitable in the conversation....

CB drip water already loneliness end (becoz can fcuk). CB dry, continue loneliness

Your version is... erm... erm... interesting :D

jackbl
14-04-2011, 10:51 AM
I asked the sentence to a vietnamese guy, who i got to know from AdGuy's forum. He interpreted as :
nước mắt rơi , trò chơi kết thúc, lâu nói chuyện , mắt tiếp tục chơi

English translation:
tears, the game ended, long talk, his eyes keep playing

:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

lovesprout
14-04-2011, 12:11 PM
I asked the sentence to a vietnamese guy, who i got to know from AdGuy's forum. He interpreted as :

English translation:

I think it should be like this, "nước mắt rơi trò chơi kết thúc , lau nước mắt tiếp tục tro chơi"

already shed tears so game over now. If come more tears, then can continue the game again. :rolleyes:

lovesprout
14-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Your translation gave me some idea. Change "nuoc mat" to "nuoc chim" (CB water?) then this sentence become:

I have CB water already, you should stop.
But if I have too much CB water, then you have to continue...

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

KangTuo
14-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Your translation gave me some idea. Change "nuoc mat" to "nuoc chim" (CB water?) then this sentence become:

I have CB water already, you should stop.
But if I have too much CB water, then you have to continue...

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

good one... this fit in totally to the conversation about going to hotel.
others translated one don't really fit in. :p

AdGuy
14-04-2011, 01:26 PM

English translation:

:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

What kinda translation is that?

He should visit my forum more... to learn viet.

KangTuo
14-04-2011, 01:36 PM

its the original translation from a vietnamese guy :eek:
a classic example of difficulty in decoding sms in TV.... even though we know the topic is about going hotel :)

jackbl
14-04-2011, 01:59 PM

He should visit my forum more... to learn viet.

He is a true vietnamese. The one always wanted to go USA.... u shd know who :cool: :p

creeve
14-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Then maybe he's too decent and need to learn more WL's TV.

lovesprout
14-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I think it should be like this, "nước mắt rơi trò chơi kết thúc , lau nước mắt tiếp tục tro chơi"

It just came to me that nước mắt (tear) is incorrect. It should be nước mất meaning water "came out" already. In that case, my second translation is correct. It took me 1 full day to figure this out. :rolleyes:

Water came out already, stop it.
If water came out too long, then you have to continue...

AdGuy
14-04-2011, 10:54 PM
It just came to me that nước mắt (tear) is incorrect. It should be nước mất meaning water "came out" already. In that case, my second translation is correct. It took me 1 full day to figure this out. :rolleyes:

Water came out already, stop it.
If water came out too long, then you have to continue...

In the context of e coversation, yours makes the most sense

14-04-2011, 11:38 PM

Eeeeee....so mind to explain wat the whole sentence means? bit confused already....

AdGuy
14-04-2011, 11:48 PM
New song translated for your listening pleasure

Very lovey dovey one by Lam Vu. It's called:

Biet Lam Sao Khi Dung Hai Nguoi (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t283-bit-lam-sao-khi-ng-gia-hai-ngi)

A favourite of my cheong kakis.

Enjoy! :D

jackbl
15-04-2011, 09:33 AM
It’s cheap and easy to go studying in Singapore, but…
================================================== ======

VietNamNet Bridge – Going to Singapore to study is now the biggest choice for Vietnamese students, who hear that the tuitions set by Singaporean schools are “reasonable”, while living expenses are “affordable”. However, this proves to be not the best choice for many.

These days when most of high school students are sprinting to prepare for the university entrance exams, some other students are busy considering the “profiles” of Singaporean schools and the offers by Vietnamese overseas study consultancy firms to make decisions on registering for Singaporean schools.

Singapore – a reasonable destination

Statistics showed that about 1000 Vietnamese students go to Singapore to study every year. Most of these students fund their own studies and do not receive scholarships. Most of the students study in Singaporean private universities, because public schools only enroll excellent students.

Nguyen Thi Duong, Director of Goldenway Education, said that Singapore has become a favorite destination for Vietnamese students because the schools here commit to shorten the study time, offer low tuition, especially the tuition for “hot” majors, such as business administration, hotel management, or finance and banking.

For example, students only have to spend 12-15 months to get a junior college degree and spend 18 months to get advanced junior college degree. The tuition is about 3000 US dollars at mininum for a degree program. If counting on living expenses, a student would have to pay 5200-6000 Singapore dollars, or 100-150 million dong, a year. The expenses prove to be much lower than the expenses students have to pay when studying in other countries, or even lower than the expenses for some degree programs in Vietnam.

Meanwhile, Vietnamese students can easily register training courses and begin studying at any time of the year. If studying in Singapore, they can study in an international environment, while they can shorten the time required to study, which allows them go get jobs and earn money sooner.

After obtaining junior college degrees in Singapore, Vietnamese students can easily transfer credits to study at British and Australian universities and get bachelor degrees from the universities.

Also according to Duong, many Vietnamese students like going to Singapore to study because enrollment is very easy and there are no interviews. In many cases, students do not have to show learning records and do not have to prove their financial capabilities.

Risks existing

Phu Nu newspaper reported that the editorial board once received K.H, who left for Singapore to study under a contract signed with the Canh Tan, an overseas study consultancy firm. H planned to study at Queensfield Business School and had to pay 98 million dong for the consultancy service and other procedures. However, H realized that she was tricked, because she had to study at a quite different school in Singapore.

T.H.A was told by an overseas study consultancy firm that if she wanted to study in the US at low costs, and did not want to prove her financial capability or English skills, she should register to study at a Singaporean school for one year and then transfer credits to study at an US school.

However, after one year of studying in Singapore, the Singaporean school “forgot” to transfer credits for H.A, while the consultancy firm refused to help, saying that it has fulfilled its duties.

Bui Minh Diem Chau, Deputy Director, Dean of Cetana PSB Intellis, a 100 percent Singaporean invested school, said that there chaos in the private education market in Singapore. And in order to settle the problem, in May 2010, the Ministry of Education of the country decided to apply “edutrust”, the certification standards to protect students’ rights.

By the end of January 2011, only 17 private schools in Singapore had got four-year edutrust, and 43 schools had one-year edutrust. Meanwhile, many other private schools are still illegally enrolling international students.

Source: NLD

MrVinegar
15-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Biet Lam Sao Khi Dung Hai Nguoi (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t283-bit-lam-sao-khi-ng-gia-hai-ngi)

A favourite of my cheong kakis.

Enjoy! :D

your cheong kakis are all viet cong ;)

AdGuy
15-04-2011, 04:43 PM
your cheong kakis are all viet cong ;)

That's y in in this thread and not the speak mandarin lovers club. Haha.

jackbl
16-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Something for discussion:

Jackbl: Do you miss me?
VB : Em luc nao ma k nho toi a.

Anyone knows what she means???

evoking88
16-04-2011, 07:31 PM

I think She means that she always Also think of you

jackbl
16-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I think She means that she always Also think of you

How u explain "ma khong"?

AdGuy
17-04-2011, 01:04 AM

Change the fullstop to a question mark.

I when that no miss you?

jackbl
17-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Who say vn not concerning abt education for the young?

Pre-first grade class – the education level which only exists in Vietnam
================================================== ===============

VietNamNet Bridge – Though primary schools will only begin enrolling first grade students in September, parents have to prepare for the race for prestigious schools right now by sending their children to pre-first grade classes, orho the classes which prepare students for first grade.

Tran Tuyet Mai, an officer of a media company in Hanoi, related that she has to spend time calling some of her acquaintances to ask for advice on whether to send her child to a pre-first grade class. Mai said that in fact, she does not want to force the child to begin learning too early, but she fears that if the child cannot learn to read and write before going to the first grade, he will lag behind his classmates.

Mai said after several days of consulting with friends, she still cannot make a decision on whether to force the child to attend school before going to the first grade, because all the contradictory advices seem to be reasonable.

Children driven by necessity to go to pre-first grade classes

Hoang Phuong, who has a son studying at Dich Vong A Primary School in Cau Giay district in Hanoi, said that she regrets not sending her child to an extra class before he went to the first grade. While the other boys and girls all could read and write when they entered the first grade, Phuong’s son could not, because he had not spent any time on learning. As a result, the boy always had to stay late at the school after the school hours as requested by the teacher, to practice writing and solving math questions. “He feels he lags behind the classmates, therefore, he is afraid of learning,” Phuong complained.

Though modern mothers believe that they should not force small children to study before a certain age, they are not confident enough to practice what they think. Hoang Lan in Cau Giay District related that she is teaching her son to spell and write, but as she does not have a good pedagogical method and her son cannot learn well and he panic every time when the mother yells at him. Therefore, after consulting with some other mothers, Lan has decided to send the child to a pre-first grade class run by a primary school teacher.

Lan is not alone. Therefore, the demand to learn to read and write for children who are preparing to enter the first grade is very high. That explains why pre-first grade classes have been full of students, though the new academic year will only begin in six months. An acquaintance of Lan has advised her to send her the child to a pre-first grade class run by a teacher of the school where Lan’s son will go. If Lan still cannot find such a teacher, she will have to bring the child to the centers which specialize in organizing pre-first grade training courses. In Hoan Kiem district in Hanoi, such a course with 40 lessons costs 2.5 million dong.

Where there is demand, there is also supply

Having realized the high demand from parents, a lot of non-state primary schools have opened pre-first grade classes for children who are going to kindergartens. Doan Thi Diem school, private primary school in Tu Liem District in Hanoi, is now organizing a course for children who are preparing to enter the first grade, called “Childhood Club”. Meanwhile, Le Quy Don school, another private school has also enrolled children in the “summer club 2011”. Though it is a “summer club”, the school began receiving applications in January and the club has opened since early March. Here at the club, children get acquainted with Vietnamese language, mathematics, English and some intellectual games.

Meanwhile, state officials have many times advised parents not to send children to pre-first grade classes because the learning proves to be too much to handle for children. Pham Xuan Tien, Head of the Primary Education Division under the Hanoi Education and Training Department, affirmed that those children, who finish kindergarten are capable enough to enter the first grade, because at kindergartens, children are already prepared for the first grade by recognizing letters in the alphabet and learning to do simple operations.

However, despite the official statements, parents still bring their children to pre-first grade classes, because they understand that their children will not catch up with the classmates if they do not learn in advance. At most of the state-owned schools, there are about 50 students and only one teacher in every class. Therefore, the teachers are always overloaded with works, and they will not have enough time to take care of every student.

Even Tien also thinks that if children are not familiar with the student appraisal method applied by some schools by attending pre-first grade classes, they will not pass the school entrance tests. Currently, the demand for studying at some prestigious private primary schools is very high. Therefore, the schools have to organize tests to select the most capable students.

Tuyet Ngan

lovesprout
17-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I just received this sms from a VB after I hang out with her tonight. Anyone knows what it means?

"tam xong chua cho hon ti coi thom qua. e co bau la a chiu nhe boi vi e hon anh do."

Thanks.

jackbl
17-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I just received this sms from a VB after I hang out with her tonight. Anyone knows what it means?
Thanks.

Boss u forget to let those expert know your SMS context.

garfield_junkie
17-04-2011, 11:38 PM
"tam xong chua cho hon ti coi thom qua. e co bau la a chiu nhe boi vi e hon anh do."
finished showering / bathing yet, let me kiss a little bit, so good smell. If I am pregnant, then you have to be responsible, because I kissed you

AdGuy
18-04-2011, 01:17 AM
finished showering / bathing yet, let me kiss a little bit, so good smell. If I am pregnant, then you have to be responsible, because I kissed you

truly a tv expert

jackbl
18-04-2011, 03:33 AM

Is pregnant = bầu ?

Are u a vietnamese?

truly a tv expert

Of course, if not, wont be under my signature of New Found TV expert :D

volcano
18-04-2011, 04:05 AM
Is pregnant = bầu ?

co bau-pregnant

this is 1 of the word that i scare the most....:o

lovesprout
18-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks!

co bau-pregnant

this is 1 of the word that i scare the most....:o

This is the word I like the most. I really want to have some VB to bear my child. But I haven't "touched" her yet, I don't know why she mentioned she is pregnant. Just a false alarm.

jackbl
19-04-2011, 02:10 PM
The ages of the kids who use brand name goods

VietNamNet Bridge – The distinction between the students from rich and from common families is evident within primary schools and has raised worries among parents.

The students who only use branded goods

Van Anh, a third grader, is the child of a successful businessman who specializes in trading high grade apartments. Anh only goes shopping with her parents at big shopping malls like Parkson, Diamond Plaza or Vincom, while she never goes to normal department stores. Every time she goes to Hong Kong or Singapore with her parents, she always brings home famous brand name clothing.

Anh’s clothes and belongings are expensive, each of which is worth from one million dong to several million dong. A dress or a pair of Esprit shoes is priced at several million dong, while Lego toy or Barbie doll is worth no less than one million dong.

It is estimated that Anh’s clothes and toys are worth a total of hundreds of millions of dong. Speaking with Anh, one would hear Anh talk extensively about famous brands, the characteristics of the products and of course their prices. Anh does not like domestically made products because she believes that they are “rustic”.

A mother who has a son studying at a prestigious school in HCM City said that there are two “classes” in the school. One consists of students from average families and the other consists of students from wealthy families. The students from the “upper class” always wear branded schoolbags worth hundreds of dollars, D&G clothes worth several million dong, and have iPhones. Meanwhile, students from average families only use domestic products.

The mother complained that now the “class distinction” can also be seen in education.

“Awkward situations always occur when students vote for extracurricular activities. Students from poor families only want to visit popular places in Vietnam, because the trips are not too costly, while the kids from wealthier families only want to travel abroad,” she said.

Meanwhile, according to Nguyet Mai, a parent, “there are two kinds of rich parents”. Many rich parents think that wearing expensive clothes is a must, because this shows the “upper class” of their children. Besides, there are also the parents, who have a passion for branded goods.

The first group of parents includes the ones who are really wealthy. With a monthly income of hundreds of millions of dong, they can spend tens of million dong to buy famous branded clothes for their children.

The second group includes the ones who also like products with foreign brands, but they are just popular everywhere in the world, and in some cases the products are outsourced to Vietnam.

Using branded goods in the eyes of an American

Robert Dewitt, an US citizen said on VnExpress that it is not by chance that children of the modern times pay attention luxury goods when they are still young. Higher living standards and the opportunities to access high quality goods prompt parents to purchase expensive branded goods.

Like their parents, children have also used to new consumer habits. It is not advisable to criticize adults or children, but it is also not advisable to encourage these consumer habit.

He noted that in Vietnam, using branded goods is a way for many people to show which class they belong to. They are ready to spend much money to buy branded goods, just in order to be admired by other people.

The US is a wealthy country, but US consumers do not spend money immoderately. “Quality is the first thing we consider when deciding whether to purchase goods,” Robert said.

Tu Uyen

AdGuy
19-04-2011, 11:48 PM
The ages of the kids who use brand name goods

VietNamNet Bridge – The distinction between the students from rich and from common families is evident within primary schools and has raised worries among parents.

The students who only use branded goods

Tu Uyen

Viets have always been brand conscious.

It's whether they can afford the reals or the fakes. :)

jackbl
21-04-2011, 09:07 AM
As easy as purchasing informatics and foreign language certificates
================================================== ============

VietNamNet Bridge – Informatics and foreign language certificate markets are mushrooming as certificate suppliers well understand the high demand from school graduates who need more and more certificates to “beautify” their CVs.

After making a phone call, having a meeting with the seller and paying 200,000 dong, one can receive an informatics and a foreign language certificate granted by the Science Technology Union for Informatics Application (UIA).

Buy more and get promotions

Tien Phong’s reporter, who acted as a recent university graduate, called T, a well known “broker” of the certificate market and said he needed some certificates. T answered that if buying both informatics and foreign language certificates, buyer would have to pay 200,000 dong. If buying a foreign language certificate only, he would have to pay 120,000 dong, and if buying an informatics certificate, he would have to pay 80,000 dong. There was even a special offer: Tien Phong’s reporter could enjoy a preferential price of 180,000 dong per couple of certificates (informatics and foreign language) if he purchased three pairs or more.

In an effort to reassure the buyer, T said that the certificates are granted by UIA, a well know institution which has its headquarters in Hanoi. When the reporter said he wanted the certificates granted by the Ministry of Education and Training, T said she would only be able to provide the certificates after 7-10 days, but the prices would be higher at 400,000 dong per certificate.

The Tien Phong’s reporter gave T two 3X4 portrait pictures and his identity card and waited. “No need to worry about the certificates. They are real certificates. Your name will be listed in the records of students, who took training courses at school. The only difference is that you do not have to attend the courses and you do not have to take exams,” T reassured the reporter.

T kept her words. On the next day, she gave the reporter a certificate of informatics skills at B level granted by UIA, for which the reporter had to pay 80,000 dong. The reporter then had the certificate notarized and did not meet any obstacles when getting the certificate notarized.

Purchasing certificates is better than taking exams

When asked if there are many students who seek to purchase certificates, T said: “A lot of people have the demand. Especially, the demand increases sharply after Tet, when students are preparing to finish university and are looking for jobs”.

Having realized the high demand, more and more people have joined the ring of providing certificates. Advertisement pieces have also been posted on Internet, the place where buyers can most easily find the suppliers. Typing “Nhan lam chung chi tieng Anh, tin hoc” (providing English and informatics certificates) on Google will provide 2.4 million results. Some online forums have pointed out that the market near Hanoi National University can provide certificates at the best prices, while buyers do not have to wait long to get the certificates.

The demand for English and informatics certificates is increasingly high on the market because the two kinds of certificates are nearly compulsory for all candidates who apply for jobs.

The service of providing certificates has become so convenient that though many people have the required skills and knowledge pass exams, they would rather buy certificates that attend exams . The problem is that students have to go through many complicated procedures to obtain a certificate granted by the local department of education or the Ministry of Education and Training.

An officer of a foreign language and informatics center in Hanoi said that in order to get certificates, students will have to attend the exams after they finish their training courses. If they want the certificate granted by the Hanoi Education and Training Department, they have to pay 300,000 dong as an exam fee. After that, they have to wait for exams and then wait for more two weeks to get certificates. Meanwhile, people usually want to get certificates as soon as possible and are not willing to wait.

H, a student of the Hanoi Industry University related that he has bought a certificate. “I did not want to sit the exams to get certificates. The procedures were too complicated. Meanwhile, I needed the certificates immediately to apply for jobs. The recruitment campaign would finish before I could get the certificates,” he said.

Source: Tien phong