PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

VietnamLover
21-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Shemales offer sex to steal from HCMC foreigners
A phenomenon in which trans-sexual ‘girls’ lured foreigners to hotel rooms to have sex and then stole their assets has recently been reported in Ho Chi Minh City, especially in District 1 – the backpacker’s area.

Those shemales target foreign men who wander on streets alone at night. Those men are called by shemales as “Tay mo coi” (“orphaned foreigners).

Every night, shemales travel about the city downtown on luxury scooters to hunt for “preys”.

Accompanying some District 1’s criminal policemen on the night of April 8, Tuoi Tre reporters found many nice trans-sexual girls traveling around many streets in the district like Tran Hung Dao, Le Lai, and Nguyen Thai Hoc to search for “orphaned foreigners.”

At first sight, nobody could know such girls were actually young men who have undergone sex change surgeries, as most of them are beautiful and charming.

At 23:50 p.m. , we saw two “girls” stop their deluxe scooter in a corner of the crossroads of Nguyen Thai Hoc – Pham Ngu Lao Streets. One of them got off the bike and came over to a foreign pedestrian, may be a South Korean.

After a few minutes talking with the girl, the man went away, but the girls still followed him to Bui Vien Street. The two sides continued negotiating and then the man got in a taxi with one of the shemales.

The taxi ran towards Chu Y Bridge and then turned right to Pham The Hien Street in District 8. When reaching near the Mat Bridge, the taxi suddenly turned back and ran to the foot of the Chu Y Bridge and stopped.

The girls rushed out of the taxi and went away to the surprise of the foreign man.

It seemed that the girls could have found something unsafe or had some argument with the man.

Offer sex to steal assets

Earlier, on March 19, at the 23-9 Park, near New World Hotel in District 1, we witnessed two shemales coaxing two Japanese men into spending a night with them.

After no more than 1 minute of bargaining, the men agreed to go with the beauties, who drove them on their Attila to a hotel on Hung Vuong in District 10.

Only ten minutes later, the two shemales hurriedly get out of the hotel and drove away in two different directions.

The two Japanese rushed out of the hotel a few minutes later, looking around with anger. They then asked hotel staffs and motorbike taxi drivers nearby about the two girls. Eventual, they could do nothing other than take a taxi to return to New World Hotel.

On the way to the hotel, the taxi had to stop at an ATM box on Nguyen Trai Street for the guests to withdraw money.

Tuoi Tre reporters came and asked them what had happened to them, but the Japanese men embarrassedly said they did not want to report the problem to police.

On February 24, two other Japanese young men were driven by two pretty shemales and a Vietnamese man from Le Lai Street in District 1 to a hotel in District 10.

Similarly, the girls and the local man left the hotel only after 15 minutes. One of the Japanese men later reported to the police of Ben Thanh ward, where they registered for temporary residence.

He said the two ‘girls’ lured him and his friend to go for a message at a price of VND400,000/person.

Once in a hotel room, the girl asked him to take off his clothes and lie on his belly on the bed. While ‘she’ was massaging him, he [with his face down] had a feeling that some other people secretly entered the room but he could not turn over as she was weighing down on him.

After the massage ended, he discovered he lost VND4 million (US$195). The girl was nowhere to be found.

After looking at a number of photos of shemales provided by the police, he identified the ‘girl’ who had been with him in the hotel room.

The girl is actually a young man, Nguyen Minh Tri, 18, who has undergone a sex change surgery and is now living in District 8.

Two criminal shemales rings

There are two gangs of trans-sexual women who conducted crimes in District 1., said the district police department.

One of the two gangs is led by a shemales named G.K., coming from the underground world in District 8, according to police.

The gang operates in the areas on Pham Ngu Lao and Le Lai streets, District 1, where many foreigners live in hotels.

The gang members usually lured their “preys” to hotels in other districts for sex or massage and then stole their money while they were in the bathroom or sleeping.

The thieves would manage to hand over the stolen money to ‘her’ mates waiting outside the room.

The other gang is also headed by trans-sexual women, Men, and operates mainly in the Da Kao ward area with similar tricks.

The fact that the gangs took their guests to different hotels in different districts causes a lot of difficulties to relevant agencies in catching them, said police.

In addition, the gangs are also helped by a number of motorbike taxi drivers, who would drive the thieves away on their motorbikes after each accomplished mission.

Randy89
22-04-2011, 12:07 AM
So hard to pronounce Viet language. How do u guys learn it?

creeve
22-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Pay school fees lor... Else, how to learn?

KangTuo
22-04-2011, 06:38 AM
fast track learning: drink vb saliva and cunt juice :p

zhu star
22-04-2011, 03:01 PM
fast track learning: drink vb saliva and cunt juice :p

Must be SYT vb saliva and cunt juice if not cannot work:D

jackbl
22-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Foreign currency free market opening again, quietly
================================================== ======

VietNamNet Bridge – After many days of halting public transactions, some foreign exchange shops in Hanoi are receiving clients again. However, the market is moving underground, and only loyal clients can make transactions.

The foreign currency free market is opening again

Nguyen Thi Ha in My Dinh residential quarter in Hanoi luckily purchased 2000 dollars from a foreign exchange shop on Ha Trung street on April 3. Ha said in the past, she sometimes went to the shops on the street to purchase dollars and she has much experience in the currency trades. However, Ha had to use the power of persuasion to purchase dollars on that day. Previously, Ha always called the shop’s owner to ask about the prices before she came directly to the shop to make transactions. However, no one answered her calls on April 3.

“The foreign exchange shops on the street these days all answer to clients that they do not sell or purchase foreign currencies any more. However, if you are loyal clients, and if you have “letters of introductions” from relatives of the shops’ owners, you will still be able to purchase dollars, as much as you want,” Ha said.

She revealed that she could purchase dollars on April 3 because she knows a person, who is a business trader of the shop’s owner on Ha Trung street. Ha said she had to pay 21,200 dong per dollar on that day.

The shops on Ha Trung street these days still look quiet like other days. However, foreign currency trade still has been carried out inside the shops, very quietly and secretly. Only loyal clients, or those, who have relations with shops’ owners, can make transactions. Meanwhile, all the people, who come to the shops for the first time, have been refused to be served.

One of the clients told Tien Phong that most of shops’ owners here are always on the alert. There are one or two men standing outside every shop and are the first people clients will meet when coming to the shops. The client said he was told by the men that the shops had no more dollars to sell. “I am not sure if you are a real client who really needs to purchase dollars. You are not a familiar face. Therefore, we refuse to serve you,” a man told him.

The client said that since the State Bank of Vietnam has launched a campaign to eliminate the foreign currency black market, foreign exchange shops have to become very cautious when making transactions. Shops’ owners fear that State Bank’s officers or policemen may disguise themselves as dollar buyers to catch foreign exchange shops illegally trading foreign currencies.

At 11 am of April 4, VnExpress’ reporter saw 6-7 people making transactions at one of the big shops on Ha Trung street. Meanwhile, in front of smaller shops, there were only some motorbikes parking outside.

A person came to the big shop asking to purchase dollars, but he was refused. After the person tried to persuade the shop’s owner that he really needed Vietnam dong to build houses and he wanted to sell dollars, the owner of the neighboring shop looked into the client’s face carefully and agreed to purchase the dollars from the client at 21,050 dong per dollar. However, the shop’s owner said she only purchased the sums of money of 500 dollars and higher.

Besides the shops on Ha Trung street, the black market on Hoan Kiem Lake still gathers. Here traders do not seek for potential clients among passerbys, but instead people who really need to make transactions seek out the traders themselves. Clients have to prove that they really need foreign currencies. According to VnExpress, at 11 am of April 4, the dollar was sold at 21,400 dong per dollar.

The dollar price on the black market has decreased considerably by 1000 dong per dollar from that of one month ago. The dollar price once jumped to 22,400 dong per dollar, and the State Bank immediately began taking drastic measures to eliminate the black market.

C. V

josephjo
22-04-2011, 03:53 PM
haha I am often approached by the she male... but never being with them to hotel before. I sometime would speak to the vietnamese in vietnam saying, "em ay khong phai co gai?" haha they will tell me know. hahha.

jackbl
22-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I found this by TS on his private forum and useful to repost here:

Phần này được dành riêng hoàn toàn để nói tiếng Việt.
Tôi hy vọng rằng Việt nhiều hơn cũng có thể tham gia để giúp các thành viên của chúng tôi tìm hiểu thêm về ngôn ngữ.

Enlish translation:
This section is dedicated entirely to speak Vietnamese. I hope that more Vietnamese can also participate to help our members learn more about the language.

AdGuy
22-04-2011, 11:13 PM
haha I am often approached by the she male... but never being with them to hotel before. I sometime would speak to the vietnamese in vietnam saying, "em ay khong phai co gai?" haha they will tell me know. hahha.

That is a very dangerous thing to do. :eek:

AdGuy
22-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I found this by TS on his private forum and useful to repost here:

Phần này được dành riêng hoàn toàn để nói tiếng Việt.
Tôi hy vọng rằng Việt nhiều hơn cũng có thể tham gia để giúp các thành viên của chúng tôi tìm hiểu thêm về ngôn ngữ.

Enlish translation:
This section is dedicated entirely to speak Vietnamese. I hope that more Vietnamese can also participate to help our members learn more about the language.

Well done!

I honestly didn't expect any non viets to understand that.

Wanted to create a section for the advanced learners like yourself. :D

AdGuy
22-04-2011, 11:21 PM
By the way, I'm looking for 10 volunteers who are very keen on learning Vietnamese but with no basic knowledge at all.

Interested parties PM me for more details.

Thanks

josephjo
23-04-2011, 12:49 AM
By the way, I'm looking for 10 volunteers who are very keen on learning Vietnamese but with no basic knowledge at all.

Thanks

I am keen why? I have some basic knowledge but I do want to learn more.

garfield_junkie
23-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Is pregnant = bầu ?

Are u a vietnamese?

bau = pregnant, in some other context, bau = vote

Nope, I am not a vietnamese, but learnt lots of vietnamese, both talking and writing through my relationship with the vb

the vb like to joke about "bau", anything they would say "what if i get pregnant?", not that they want to scare us, just that the way they joke

AdGuy
23-04-2011, 11:14 AM
For those who are very free today, here's a list of idioms (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t291-thanh-ng-ting-vit-vietnamese-idioms) used in vn today.

Kindly contributed by a Vietnamese forum member.

Enjoy!

jackbl
23-04-2011, 01:45 PM
bau = pregnant, in some other context, bau = vote

Nope, I am not a vietnamese, but learnt lots of vietnamese, both talking and writing through my relationship with the vb

Boss, can write bau in vietnamese with sign for me? Thanks

jackbl
23-04-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm interested too. I didn't really go through proper training, just 10hr of crash course, u shd know that.

AdGuy
23-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm interested too. I didn't really go through proper training, just 10hr of crash course, u shd know that.

Your crash course is good enough. Don't deprive the rest who really can't speak.

You are like pri 4 student who wants to go to nursery class. How can?

KangTuo
23-04-2011, 02:40 PM

Thanks

i volunteer myself. but what details you want to know? :)

AdGuy
23-04-2011, 02:45 PM
i volunteer myself. but what details you want to know? :)

You also not eligible.

Pri 2 student cannot fit into nursery uniform.

AdGuy
23-04-2011, 02:49 PM
4 more slots left.

KangTuo
23-04-2011, 02:49 PM
4 more slots left.

me and jackbl took up 2 slots... so 2 more left :)

jackbl
23-04-2011, 02:55 PM
You are like pri 4 student who wants to go to nursery class. How can?

You also not eligible.

The principal disallowed us from enrolling the class :( :o Denying us an opportunity to pursue our interest in Tieng Viet :(

AdGuy
23-04-2011, 03:09 PM
The principal disallowed us from enrolling the class :( :o Denying us an opportunity to pursue our interest in Tieng Viet :(

If u want to pursue your psle in tieng viet, you should participate in the viet section of the forum. I have engaged a few masters there to spar with you and kt.

This new course won't benefit u at the moment. I'll need u guys for phase 2.

And your friend just posted a whole load of stuff there. Make me headache.

jackbl
23-04-2011, 03:53 PM
If u want to pursue your psle in tieng viet, you should participate in the viet section of the forum. I have engaged a few masters there to spar with you and kt.

This new course won't benefit u at the moment. I'll need u guys for phase 2.

And your friend just posted a whole load of stuff there. Make me headache.

Please post the link of the battle ground.

Remember us when phase 2 begins.

Who is that friend? Where he post?

jackbl
24-04-2011, 05:45 PM
狮城汉花了1万多元的聘金,迎娶只见过一次面的越南女后,对方竟拒绝行房,还挺着大肚子向他要 钱。

56岁的郭先生申诉,他2009年在一名越南女邻居的协助下,认识了一名越南女。

“我在三四年前离婚,所以希望找个伴,所以就答应和对方见面。”

郭先生声称,28岁的越南女来新后,两人相约到勿洛的咖啡店见面。

“见面时,我们只谈了约1个小时,内容多围绕在家乡和家庭情况。”

郭先生表示,他们过后就没有再联络,而他也以为越南女对他没有兴趣。“但我对她留下深刻的印象,因为她属猪 ,和属羊的我很匹配。虽然我比她大28岁,但我觉得年龄的差距不重要。”

岳母要了聘金,再要车子地皮;婚后失去踪影,再出现已怀孕。

haha_123
24-04-2011, 09:48 PM
finished showering / bathing yet, let me kiss a little bit, so good smell. If I am pregnant, then you have to be responsible, because I kissed you

WoW! This reminds me of my ex-bx when we were about to break-up. She suddenly called me to say that she missed her period and she thinks that she is pregnant. But I told her that this cannot be as I always take precaution. I even knew that her period was not due yet.

True enough, she smsed me a couple of weeks later to say that it was a false alarm. It hastened the break-up of course, as I didn't want to play with fire anymore!!!:mad:

haha_123
24-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Shemales offer sex to steal from HCMC foreigners
A phenomenon in which trans-sexual ‘girls’ lured foreigners to hotel rooms to have sex and then stole their assets has recently been reported in Ho Chi Minh City, especially in District 1 – the backpacker’s area.

In addition, the gangs are also helped by a number of motorbike taxi drivers, who would drive the thieves away on their motorbikes after each accomplished mission.

Thanks for sharing, bro.
I really hoped that the Viet Cong An can put a stop to this, and lonely and horny tourists will never again fall prey to such scam.

AdGuy
24-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Please post the link of the battle ground.

Remember us when phase 2 begins.

Who is that friend? Where he post?

Click here (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t288-chao-mng-cac-bn) for the viet arena. Haha

On a more serious note, there are a few new viet members who are very keen on helping us learn more viets.

So whether it's translations or questions regarding the language, they are more than happy to offer advice. Please go ahead and ask.

I've been trying to get more support from our viet friends and recently, I've been a little more successful.

More good stuff coming to you soon.

davo666
26-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,
Was recomemded to post in this thread regarding some possible tranlsation issues I'm having. Intercepted some Yahoo Chat my gf was having, and it seems she has been still working when she tells me she has stopped. Many thanks to KangTuo for the inital work. (apparently gave him a bit of a headache - sorry). Anyway, here is KT's interpretation..... just wanting to confirm as ( of course) she denies it all. Thanks heapss guys, Davo.

HT : Hi chi (hi sister)
HT : chi khoe kg? (sister well or not?)
HT : chi con do kg? (sister still there?)
kl : chi ne (sister here lah)
kl : em co do kg (younger sister still there)
HT : yes (...this one i don't know how to translate)
HT : hehe (... *laughing*)
HT : chua ngu ha chi? (sister sleep already?)
kl : ngu kg dc (cannot sleep)
kl : to chat roi (chatting)
kl : gio anh noi chi biet moi thang cho chi 2;500 do roi (now he say only know every month give me $2,500)
HT : vay ha (ohhhh)
HT : chi co ok kg? (sister ok or not?)
kl : chi dong y, nhung voi dieu kien fai cho chi di lam (i agree, but with condition that let me work)
HT : chi co wecam kg? (sister have webcam?)
kl : anh kg dong y (he don't agree)
HT : oh
kl : gio anh nam om roi khoc trong phong kia
HT : vay chi tinh sao? (what you think?)
HT : chi co wecam kg? (sister have webcam?)
HT : gui cho em di (send to me)
kl : chi noi voi anh neu kg dong y thi chi fai di thoi (I say to him that if no agree i still go work)
kl : mang ben chi cham lam, gui WC kg dc (internet sick.... cannot send webcam)
HT : ok
kl : doi chi tu tu moi gui dc (wait i slowly then can send)
HT : vay anh noi sao? (then what he say?)
kl : anh cung kg chieu (he also don't accept)
kl : em dang chat voi ban trai ha (you are chatting with boyfriend ha?)
HT : kg (no)
kl : chi tin di thai lan choi voi anh (i decide go Thailang with him)

HT : em chat voi be my o ben sin (you chatting with younger sister My at singapore?)
kl : ma gio chat la chi 20 tay nay chi ve VN do (but now sure i go back vietnam on 20th)
HT : oh vay ha? (oh issit?)
HT : chi co dt noi chuyen voi chi diep kg? (you got call and talk to sister Diep or not?)
HT : chi di thuong hai roi do
kl : anh bo hong kong anh wa (..... hong kong guy come over)
kl : nghe noi chi diep di trung quoc lam dc lam (hear say that sister Diep able to work and earn in China)
HT : vay ha (issit?)
HT : em nghe noi be sang cung chuan bi di HK nua do (i hear say sister Sang also prepare to go Hong Kong)
kl : uh em co dinh di kg (so you think of going also?)
kl : gio chi rat hanh phuc, nhung voi so tien do thi kg the hanh phuc nua roi, gio kg biet fai lam sao. chi co cach la ra di thoi (now i very happy, but ..... money cannot happy, now don't know must do what. I got.......)
HT : chi suy nghi ky chua (you think..... already?)
HT : ? (this one i also dunno translate)
HT : chi co yeu anh kg? (you got love him or not?)
kl : chi kg biet nua. nhung gio thay anh thi rat rat la toi (i don't know. but now see him very very......)
kl : cung co. ma yeu tien thi nhieu hon yeu anh dohahaha (also have. but love money more than love him)
kl : doi voi chi. neu di lam mot thang chi co the kiem dc tu 7 ngang cho den 8 ngang (.... with me. if work, one month only can earn about $7K to $8k)

kl : em luc nay khoe kg? (nowadays you well or not?)
HT : em khoe chi (sister, I am well)
HT : roi may bua nay chi con di an vung kg? (this few day you got go eat .... or not?)
kl : co hehhee (have *laughing*)
kl : thu tu chi di an vung dc 400 (....... $400)
kl : hahaha (*laughing*)
HT : troi (OMG!!!)
kl : chi noi em roi (I tell you already)
kl : con thoi di lam lam
kl : noi chung gio chi kg biet ai nua.
kl : mien ai co tien cho chi la chi yeu ha (who give you money you love that person ha?)
HT : vay 20 nay chi ve o bao lau roi di sin? (20th you come back vietnam stay how long you go back singapore?)

kl : 1 tuan (1 week)
kl : chi tin kg ve, nhung thang hong kong no keu chi ve choi voi no (i thought of not going back, but the hong kong guy ask me go back vietnam play with him)

kl : buon ngu roi kia' sao kg di ngu (sleepy already why no go sleep?)
kl : kg biet sao trai chi luc dau cho tien nhieu vay (dunno why my guys give alot money previously)
kl : gio thi cho rat it (now give little)
HT : thi noi voi luc truoc sao?
HT : hihihi
HT : thi em noi voi chi sao? (let me tell sister how)
HT : trai ma di ve nuoc tro lai la cho tien ti lai lien (guys if go back country reply give money then you just take)*nnkc... another devil *

kl : hahahaa (*laughing*)

zhu star
26-04-2011, 02:11 PM
You also not eligible.

I can? Me may be over aged but I still like to learn :)

davo666
26-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Another little one this time..... I don't think this one is as juicy as the previous.... but any translation / interpretation much appreciated.
TIA, Davo.
Oh, and if you're still looking for complete VN nubes for you language class / phase 1, I'm in !!

kl: co ai o nha kg
kl: tui ve VN day
HN: Dang ve ha
HN: Hoi toi em goi chi hok duoc vay
kl: da dc
kl: ma la em kg dam nghe may chi oi
kl: kg biet fai chi hay la trai
kl: hahaha
HN: Hihihihi
kl: dang lam gi do
HN: Thoi Di Di
kl: chua den gio
HN: Em dang Lai xe ve Nha
HN: Hok chat duoc
HN: Bb chi
HN: Gap sau
kl: hom wa di le suong co dt cho chi
HN: Dang o phi trip
kl: ok
HN: Uhm
kl: dang o nha 11 gio moi di

AdGuy
26-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Last slot waiting to be filled up.

Beginners only who really want to learn please?

carmeo88
26-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Can I join?

leecs
26-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Disguised karaoke and sex shops flourish (video)

http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/society/disguised-karaoke-and-sex-shops-flourish-video-1.28994

Tuoi Tre reporters recently visited illegal karaoke and sex shops that are operating under music recording licenses in Ho Chi Minh’s notorious districts.

One of them was a business at No. 16 Nguyen Thai Binh Street in District 1.

Outside this building were two sign boards that read “Restaurant Model” and “Thien Thien Thanh Restaurant Ltd” and inside were lots of sexy girls.

On the evening of April 20, all of the 6 rooms inside the building were packed with foreigners who were served enthusiastically by young girls wearing short skirts.

At a room on the second floor, 2 foreigners were drinking wine while ogling at scantily clad girls who were singing and twisting their bodies.

At MN, another unlicensed karaoke shop on Phan Dang Luu Street in Phu Nhuan District, Tuoi Tre reporters followed some male customers who were greeted with “Do you want any girl to sing with you?” by a male receptionist.

As the guys said yes, they were shown to a room where several girls immediately entered and sat down beside each one of them.

Prepared in all cases

At these illegally shops, karaoke systems are hidden under tables and sofas, behind walls or even above restrooms’ ceilings.

Nguyen Hung, deputy director of the HCMC Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism said these businesses must be operating under music recording licenses which are often issued easily without inspection by district authorities.

Owners of these businesses said they had already included fines in service prices so even if they were caught and fined by authorities, they wouldn’t suffer a loss.

They said according to the laws, their licenses would only be withdrawn after they were caught the third time. So after they were caught twice, they would simply register their businesses under a different owner’s name or move to some other place.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitrenews/society/disguised-karaoke-and-sex-shops-flourish-video-1.28994

jackbl
27-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Café’s new treat: pleasures of the flesh
================================================

To attract more customers and bring in more money, many cafés in Ho Chi Minh city now add a side service to their menus: sexual stimulation of all kinds.

Flourishing especially in outskirt districts like Binh Tan or Tan Phu, these coffee shops are busiest when darkness falls, from 7pm to midnight every day.

With a mere VND 100,000 – 120,000, drinks will be served and other additional services of sexual stimulation by young female attendants will be readily available upon request.

However, it is an unwritten rule that sexual intercourse is not welcomed there.

Early evening last week, our reporter went to Cam Hong, a café in Tan Phu district, among half a dozen others sprouting in a small, short street.

Stepping inside the place, we were instantly struck by a blatant scene -- a young female attendant was sitting on a male guest’s lap and busily “discovering” various sensitive spots on his body with her hands.

He too was eagerly responding to her solicitations, and the two soon cuddled up each other right at their table, next to the front door where guests kept walking in and out.

Thirty minutes passed, the couple stood up and headed to the shop’s bathroom area.

After a while, he walked out, fixed his hair, got on his bike and left.

All around us, other couples were giggling, kissing and touching each other passionately.

If guests are shy, shop owners here can be very considerate; they place two pots of trees beside every table to deter curious looks.

Thus, a telltale sign to identify these lustful cafes for new customers are the two pots of bonsai coconut trees placed at their doors, a local told us.

“They are also usually dark, and have a rather low veranda,” he said.

Keeping these details in mind, we rode through the city toward District 8, into Pham The Hien street, where there are more than 20 small cafes of this kind.

Although it was 12 noon, inside Café 634, the place we chose was almost pitch-black.

It was only dimly lighted, enough for guests to see and choose their attendants.

One of them came right to us when we entered the place, reeking of the smell of cheap perfume.

“A massage costs VND 90,000, drinks are covered,” she said. “If you are okay, let’s go to the first floor.”

The “massage” room, as she put it, was a small 15 meter-square room divided into three by hanging curtains. Guests can choose to lie down, on a dirty ragged woven mat, or sit in an armchair.

Pulling the curtains down, the attendant opened a pack of wet tissue, wiped my face, unbuttoned my shirt and said, “You’ve got only 20 minutes, so you had better hurry up.”

From the adjacent “room” next to us came a strange, heavy breathing and sighing sound.

AdGuy
27-04-2011, 07:31 PM
The above is a ca phe om.

Not friendly to foreigners.

Ive been lucky to have visited one, but ive also heard lotsa scary stories

evoking88
27-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi bros,

sorry for troubling u guys but there is an sms i dun understand despite my efforts at translating. This is from a guy when i asked him to stop smsing my girl coz my girl says she doesnt like him nad that he keep asking her for money coz he noes that she went to sg.

me : pls stop smsing and calling han (in tieng viet)
guy : neu nhu ban la nguoi vn thi ban se k noi vay ban co tin la ban k ve nuoc duoc k ? may dung co lao tao k nhin duoc nua roi may co biet tao voi han(name of my girl) la gi khong?

I not sure bout the first part but am quite sure he is asking if i noe whats the relationship between them or not.

I replied

me : la gi?
guy : may co biet tinh yeu la gi k? la bat chap tat ca tai vi may tao phai the nay thang cho chet tao se giet may.

I think he is asking if i noe wad love is and saying he wanna kill me or sumthing. any bros can help ?

he then called and i think my girl said that shes tired (mat) or sumthing.

then he started spamming the following.

guy : bay gio tao moi biet cai bo mat that cua may.

i think he is saying he just saw my girl true face or sumthing

guy : may thuong co cung chi vi tien chu gi neu nhu may biet dieu mot chut thi tao khong lam the dau.

not really sure what this means.

guy : chu du may di toi dai tao cung theo may di toi do.

think hes saying he will follow my girl everywhere she go

can any bro please help? any help will be much appreciated

evoking88
27-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Another little one this time..... I don't think this one is as juicy as the previous.... but any translation / interpretation much appreciated.
TIA, Davo.
Oh, and if you're still looking for complete VN nubes for you language class / phase 1, I'm in !!

kl: co ai o nha kg <----- asking if got anyone at home
kl: tui ve VN day <----saying he/she returning to vn (i think )
HN: Dang ve ha <-------- asking if going now
HN: Hoi toi em goi chi hok duoc vay <-------asking if she can phone her sister gok or not (i think )
kl: da dc
kl: ma la em kg dam nghe may chi oi
kl: kg biet fai chi hay la trai <-----saying that dunno the person named fai is a female or male (i think)
kl: hahaha
HN: Hihihihi
kl: dang lam gi do <-------asking wad hes doing now
HN: Thoi Di Di
kl: chua den gio
HN: Em dang Lai xe ve Nha <---------saying that shes driving back home
HN: Hok chat duoc <-------saying that hok can chat
HN: Bb chi
HN: Gap sau
kl: hom wa di le suong co dt cho chi
HN: Dang o phi trip
kl: ok
HN: Uhm
kl: dang o nha 11 gio moi di <--------saying that now at home 11 o clock just go

only managed to do the basic ones hope it helps

AdGuy
27-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Have just set up a new thread so that people who are keen in learning Vietnamese or English can link up.

Please feel free to join.

Vietnamese-English language exchange (http://learnvietthrumusic.forumotion.net/t298-vietnamese-english-language-exchange)

AdGuy
27-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi bros,

sorry for troubling u guys but there is an sms i dun understand despite my efforts at translating. This is from a guy when i asked him to stop smsing my girl coz my girl says she doesnt like him nad that he keep asking her for money coz he noes that she went to sg.

Quick question... is your girl's name may?

evoking88
27-04-2011, 11:32 PM

nope. her name is han. but may is also a way of say "you"

KangTuo
28-04-2011, 07:17 AM

why you asked such question?? :eek:
tao, may is I, you. addressing each other in an unfriendly way

jackbl
28-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi guys,
Many thanks to KangTuo for the inital work. (apparently gave him a bit of a headache - sorry). Anyway, here is KT's interpretation..... just wanting to confirm as ( of course) she denies it all. Thanks heapss guys, Davo.

Kudos to KT for his work. It also gives me headache thats why I cant translate... KT has been doing good work here!

jackbl
28-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Can I join?

U cant be considered as Beginner. Now u have a Great Vietnamese teacher already u still need to come here learn for what? U have to teach us now :D

jackbl
28-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I can? Me may be over aged but I still like to learn :)

If they dun teach u here, I teach u over coffee at that coffee shop u know where..... u must be diligent and hardworking hor, if not, i angry and dun teach u anymore :D ;)

jackbl
28-04-2011, 10:43 AM

I think your concern is abt your gal talking about things over work and man. Those sentences in here do not contain those.... Just things about she going back VN now, etc... trivial matters

zhu star
28-04-2011, 10:48 AM
If they dun teach u here, I teach u over coffee at that coffee shop u know where..... u must be diligent and hardworking hor, if not, i angry and dun teach u anymore :D ;)

I want to learn the proper way to speak TV becoz I may intend to do biz there, for this reason I will have to be very diligent and hardworking. So the price of a cup of coffee is not a big problem. As for being angry with me I think you will to a certain degree becos of my stupiditly:o Btw, next week got time for beer?

jackbl
28-04-2011, 10:50 AM
nope. her name is han. but may is also a way of say "you"

why you asked such question?? :eek:
tao, may is I, you. addressing each other in an unfriendly way

TAO & MAY is also a way that 2 very good friends used to address each other.

KT u can verify this with your Vietnamese teacher :cool:

jackbl
28-04-2011, 11:05 AM
As for being angry with me I think you will to a certain degree becos of my stupidity :o Btw, next week got time for beer?

Then 1 time I can't teach u too much... Now u think of the sentences u wan to learn in english, next week u see me then I try to translate... BTW u got that Samsung xxxx.... that one v powerful can search internet v fast ma....

KangTuo
28-04-2011, 11:24 AM
TAO & MAY is also a way that 2 very good friends used to address each other.

KT u can verify this with your Vietnamese teacher :cool:

yes. verified with former number 2 long time ago.
but not for this case

KangTuo
28-04-2011, 11:26 AM
I think your concern is abt your gal talking about things over work and man. Those sentences in here do not contain those.... Just things about she going back VN now, etc... trivial matters

the master has spoken

zhu star
28-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Then 1 time I can't teach u too much... Now u think of the sentences u wan to learn in english, next week u see me then I try to translate... BTW u got that Samsung xxxx.... that one v powerful can search internet v fast ma....

Thanks for your offer, I not looking at one time but over a series of meet up. As for Samsung Galaxy.... I have dl Google Translate which I find Ok. What are you guys using? Can share? Due to screen size Galaxy also good for surfing net on the move:)

jackbl
28-04-2011, 11:42 AM
yes. verified with former number 2 long time ago.
but not for this case

1 word in vietnamese have many variations. Esp if u just write in english characters with any "signs"....

I found they (southerners, I mixed more with) used more words that cannot be found in dictionary than the notherners... ;)

Honey Boon
28-04-2011, 12:10 PM
1 word in vietnamese have many variations. Esp if u just write in english characters with any "signs"....

I found they (southerners, I mixed more with) used more words that cannot be found in dictionary than the notherners... ;)

means southerners are less educated or less "ink" ? :p

davo666
28-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Quite correct. It was the other message which KT kindly translated for me which was the most disturbing..... talking about "forbidden eating" (and making 400 in the process) and going back to VN to "Play with Hong Kong guy" which I wanted to confirm. I am well aware that without the diacritics, these "chats" are very open to interpretation.
In that vein, if anyone would please like to take a "fresh perspective on the (same ) below" .... would be very appreciative.

Thanks !!!
HT : Hi chi
HT : chi khoe kg?
HT : chi con do kg?
kl : chi ne
kl : em co do kg
HT : yes
HT : hehe
HT : chua ngu ha chi?
kl : ngu kg dc
kl : to chat roi
kl : gio anh noi chi biet moi thang cho chi 2;500 do roi
HT : vay ha
HT : chi co ok kg?
kl : chi dong y, nhung voi dieu kien fai cho chi di lam
HT : chi co wecam kg?
kl : anh kg dong y
HT : oh
kl : gio anh nam om roi khoc trong phong kia
HT : vay chi tinh sao?
HT : chi co wecam kg?
HT : gui cho em di
kl : chi noi voi anh neu kg dong y thi chi fai di thoi
kl : mang ben chi cham lam, gui WC kg dc
kl : doi chi tu tu moi gui dc
HT : vay anh noi sao?
kl : anh cung kg chieu
kl : em dang chat voi ban trai ha
HT : kg
kl : chi tin di thai lan choi voi anh

HT : em chat voi be my o ben sin
kl : ma gio chat la chi 20 tay nay chi ve VN do
HT : oh vay ha?
HT : chi co dt noi chuyen voi chi diep kg?
HT : chi di thuong hai roi do
kl : anh bo hong kong anh wa
kl : nghe noi chi diep di trung quoc lam dc lam
HT : vay ha
HT : em nghe noi be sang cung chuan bi di HK nua do
kl : uh em co dinh di kg
kl : gio chi rat hanh phuc, nhung voi so tien do thi kg the hanh phuc nua roi, gio kg biet fai lam sao. chi co cach la ra di thoi
HT : chi suy nghi ky chua
HT : ?
HT : chi co yeu anh kg?
kl : chi kg biet nua. nhung gio thay anh thi rat rat la toi
kl : cung co. ma yeu tien thi nhieu hon yeu anh dohahaha
kl : doi voi chi. neu di lam mot thang chi co the kiem dc tu 7 ngang cho den 8 ngang
kl : em luc nay khoe kg?
HT : em khoe chi
HT : roi may bua nay chi con di an vung kg?
kl : co hehhee
kl : thu tu chi di an vung dc 400
kl : hahaha
HT : troi
kl : chi noiem roi
kl : con thoi di lam lam
kl : noi chung gio chi kg biet ai nua.
kl : mien ai co tien cho chi la chi yeu ha
HT : vay 20 nay chi ve o bao lau roi di sin?

kl : 1 tuan
kl : chi tin kg ve, nhung thang hong kong no keu chi ve choi voi no
kl : buon ngu roi kia' sao kg di ngu
kl : kg biet sao trai chi luc dau cho tien nhieu vay
kl : gio thi cho rat it
HT : thi noi voi luc truoc sao?
HT : thi em noi voi chi sao?
HT : trai ma di ve nuoc tro lai la cho tien ti lai lien
kl : hahahaa
kl : thay me roi
HT : voi lai trai chi lam chuc vu cung kg cao
HT : co nguoi trai cho chi co 1ngang ma ho van chieu do
kl : ai vay
HT : nue duoc chi cu ngang thu xem sao
HT : truc nho ban em ne
kl : em biet chi.song tho may wen roi
HT : voi be my hoi do no wen trai cung dau co tien
kl : voi so tien do kg biet du hay kg
HT : gio trai no cuoi ok lam
HT : truc trai no cung cuoi luon roi
HT : thoi di ngu day hen chi khi khac nha em buon ngu wa di
HT : bye chi
kl : ok em
HT : ngu ngon chi
kl : ok em cung vay

KangTuo
28-04-2011, 01:58 PM

that is why we always go jc/gl to learn things that cannot get from the books :p

Honey Boon
28-04-2011, 03:30 PM
and as a result, we pay more than buying a book :p

that is why we always go jc/gl to learn things that cannot get from the books :p

jackbl
29-04-2011, 10:55 AM
that is why we always go jc/gl to learn things that cannot get from the books

Didnt see u study hard but your VN still very good. Now I know why :p Any chance for you to come out "steal eat" and at the same time for me to learn more from you? I treat u green tea. :D

jackbl
29-04-2011, 10:59 AM
and as a result, we pay more than buying a book

Learnt from a book, u get boring fast. Learn from practical, u remember well. :D Just like you learnt Science (esp Biology), u go for lab practical :p

KangTuo
29-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Didnt see u study hard but your VN still very good. Now I know why :p Any chance for you to come out "steal eat" and at the same time for me to learn more from you? I treat u green tea. :D

steal eat go pubbing is waste of time. i go cat50 better.

deptrai4u
29-04-2011, 01:52 PM
HT : Hi chi (Hello Chi)
HT : chi khoe kg? (How do u do Chi?)
HT : chi con do kg? (Are u there?)
kl : chi ne (me here)
kl : em co do kg (are u there?)
HT : yes (em day)
HT : hehe (hii hii)
HT : chua ngu ha chi? (not sleep yet?)
kl : ngu kg dc (not sleepy)
kl : to chat roi (lets chat)
kl : gio anh noi chi biet moi thang cho chi 2;500 do roi (now that fucker says can only give me $2,500/mth)
HT : vay ha (really ah)
HT : chi co ok kg? (so u agreed?)
kl : chi dong y, nhung voi dieu kien fai cho chi di lam (i agreed with condition that I still need to go fuck around and earn money)
HT : chi co wecam kg? (u have webcam)
kl : anh kg dong y (fucker dun agree to let me go fuck around)
HT : oh (right...)
kl : gio anh nam om roi khoc trong phong kia (fucker in the other room weeping)
HT : vay chi tinh sao? (so how?)
HT : chi co wecam kg? (got webcam or not?)
HT : gui cho em di (pls turn on Webcam)
kl : chi noi voi anh neu kg dong y thi chi fai di thoi (I say tat, but if fucker dun agree, then I leave him lor..)
kl : mang ben chi cham lam, gui WC kg dc (my internet speed here damn slow, cannot use webcam)
kl : doi chi tu tu moi gui dc (wait..takes a while for u to see me)
HT : vay anh noi sao? (so fucker says wat now?)
kl : anh cung kg chieu (he dun agree lor..)
kl : em dang chat voi ban trai ha (you chatting with bf ah?)
HT : kg (no)
kl : chi tin di thai lan choi voi anh (Tin went Thailand with the other guy already)

HT : em chat voi be my o ben sin (I am chatting with MY in Singapore)
kl : ma gio chat la chi 20 tay nay chi ve VN do (right now it seems like 20th of this month i got to go back to Wetnam)
HT : oh vay ha? (really ah?!)
HT : chi co dt noi chuyen voi chi diep kg? (did u talk to Diep on the phone?)
HT : chi di thuong hai roi do (she went to Shanghai already)
kl : anh bo hong kong anh wa (Hong Kong guy came over)
kl : nghe noi chi diep di trung quoc lam dc lam (heard that DIEP making lots of money fucking around in China)
HT : vay ha (really...)
HT : em nghe noi be sang cung chuan bi di HK nua do (I heard SANG also preparing to go HK too)
kl : uh em co dinh di kg (right, have u decided to go too?)
kl : gio chi rat hanh phuc, nhung voi so tien do thi kg the hanh phuc nua roi, gio kg biet fai lam sao. chi co cach la ra di thoi (right now I have happiness, but because of money, happiness will not last long...)
HT : chi suy nghi ky chua (have u thought about it carefully?)
HT : ?
HT : chi co yeu anh kg? (do u love that fucker?)
kl : chi kg biet nua. nhung gio thay anh thi rat rat la toi (I also dun know, but now look at him also quite pitiful.)
kl : cung co. ma yeu tien thi nhieu hon yeu anh dohahaha (Well, love him got lah, but love money a lot more of course!)
kl : doi voi chi. neu di lam mot thang chi co the kiem dc tu 7 ngang cho den 8 ngang (Look here, if I go fuck around, i can make $7,000 to $8,000 per month)
kl : em luc nay khoe kg? (so how do u do?)
HT : em khoe chi (i am ok)
HT : roi may bua nay chi con di an vung kg? (so did u go fuck around recently?)
kl : co hehhee (got! hii hii..)
kl : thu tu chi di an vung dc 400 (wed go 1 shot, get $400)
kl : hahaha (mua wah ha ha ha {evil-ly..})
HT : troi (No SHIT!!!, ur chee bye worth so much ah!!!??)
kl : chi noiem roi (I already told u mah..)
kl : con thoi di lam lam (now cheebye still worth so much money better go let people fuck around more lor..)
kl : noi chung gio chi kg biet ai nua. (so actually, i also dun need to get personal with anyone anymore)
kl : mien ai co tien cho chi la chi yeu ha (who have money, i let them fuck!)
HT : vay 20 nay chi ve o bao lau roi di sin? (so 20th this month, u back wetnam how long before u go singapore again?)

kl : 1 tuan (1 boring week!)
kl : chi tin kg ve, nhung thang hong kong no keu chi ve choi voi no (TIN does not want to come back but that HK fucker keep asking her to come back to let him fuck!)
kl : buon ngu roi kia' sao kg di ngu (u sleepy already... why not go sleep yet?)
kl : kg biet sao trai chi luc dau cho tien nhieu vay (dun know who fuckers only usually give a lot of money at the beginning)
kl : gio thi cho rat it (and then after that give very little)
HT : thi noi voi luc truoc sao? (so say first lor, how?)
HT : thi em noi voi chi sao? (so u tell me how?)
HT : trai ma di ve nuoc tro lai la cho tien ti lai lien (went any fucker after returning from wetnam, give very little money from then on..)
kl : hahahaa (haha)
kl : thay me roi (I see u already {webcam})
HT : voi lai trai chi lam chuc vu cung kg cao (fuckers who are employees also not rich)
HT : co nguoi trai cho chi co 1ngang ma ho van chieu do (some stupid fuckers gives me $1k also no problem)
kl : ai vay (who?)
HT : nue duoc chi cu ngang thu xem sao (if can, i just take and see how)
HT : truc nho ban em ne (friend of NE)
kl : em biet chi.song tho may wen roi (I know u used to life of freedom)
HT : voi be my hoi do no wen trai cung dau co tien (MY last time also stick to 1 fucker, and where got money, right?)
kl : voi so tien do kg biet du hay kg (dun even know money enough of not?)
HT : gio trai no cuoi ok lam (that fucker can marry one)
HT : truc trai no cung cuoi luon roi (the previous guy already married)
HT : thoi di ngu day hen chi khi khac nha em buon ngu wa di(ok, going to sleep, chat another time, sleepy liao)
HT : bye chi (chee bye!)
kl : ok em
HT : ngu ngon chi
kl : ok em cung vay[/QUOTE]

My summary is this...

if ur GF is HT or, u better stay far far away, dun even touch them with a 10-foot pole! Any money going to these bitches is like money going into a bottomless pit. the moment u no money, they bie bie u!

KangTuo
29-04-2011, 02:40 PM
kl : chi tin kg ve, nhung thang hong kong no keu chi ve choi voi no (TIN does not want to come back but that HK fucker keep asking her to come back to let him fuck!)

My summary is this...

if ur GF is HT or, u better stay far far away, dun even touch them with a 10-foot pole! Any money going to these bitches is like money going into a bottomless pit. the moment u no money, they bie bie u!

at least he will not be bothered by the "other HK guy" now...
my translation is abit off... consequence of learning too much street TV in jc/gl :p

deptrai4u
29-04-2011, 02:55 PM
at least he will not be bothered by the "other HK guy" now...
my translation is abit off... consequence of learning too much street TV in jc/gl :p

I oso not 100% sure of what I translate, but pretty sure of my summary though....

AdGuy
29-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I oso not 100% sure of what I translate, but pretty sure of my summary though....

V v true. Almost same at KT.

Its like his ten foot pole going into a bottomless hole. Once dont give hole, he bye bye you. Same?

jackbl
30-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Ministries to “declare death” to a lot of mobile phone subscribers
================================================== ========
VietNamNet Bridge – State agencies will begin checking information about pre-paid mobile phone subscribers from May 1, 2011, and will “declare death” to hundreds of thousands of mobile phone subscribers.

The Ministries of Information and Communication and Public Security have announced they are ready for checking personal information registered by pre-paid mobile phone subscribers in three biggest cities of Hanoi, Da Nang and HCM City. The campaign will be launched in an effort to better manage pre-paid subscribers.

The information checking will serve as a drastic measure to force pre-paid subscribers to obey the regulations on pre-paid subscriber management. Also, this will also help check the accuracy of the subscription registration as well as the capacity of mobile service providers.

As planned, the information checking will be carried out with the subscribers in Hanoi first. The information of about 4.1 million subscribers in the Hanoi area has been transferred to the police agencies for checking. These include 1.57 million subscribers of Viettel, 1.25 million subscribers of MobiFone and 1.28 million subscribers of VinaPhone.

According to the reports by mobile service subscribers, 100 percent of pre-paid mobile phone subscribers have provided their personal information. However, no one can say for sure about the accuracy of the information.

Several days ago, when reviewing the 4-year implementation of the policy on pre-paid subscriber management, state officials found out that the accuracy of the information was surprisingly low.

GTel Mobile, for example, reported it has 18,373 pre-paid subscribers aged more than 100 years. EVN Telecom has 3112 subscribers who are below 14 years old. A big problem is that the number of subscribers aged below 14 accounts for 0.25 percent of the total 1,224,000 pre-paid subscribers of the mobile network. Especially, 207,546 subscribers register themselves as the owners of more than four numbers.

It is estimated that there are now 150 million mobile phone subscribers, of which 90 percent are pre-paid subscribers (clients pay money in advance and fix the capacity of services to be used). Since the majority of mobile phone service clients are pre-paid subscribers, the clients have been offered a lot of preferences by the service providers. However, these are also the clients the service providers find it most difficult to manage.

Telecom companies have warned about the immeasurable consequences of the loosening of control over pre-paid mobile phone subscribers. It happens that subscribers deliberately disturb other subscribers by calling the subscribers continuously, thus affecting the people’s lives. Also, other types of crimes have also been warned by the police. In most of cases, criminals use pre-paid SIMcards and declare false information, which causes difficulties to the police in making investigations.

The Ministry of Information and Communication has warned that hundreds of thousands of subscribers; or even one million subscribers may be cut once the ministries discover untruthful information. However, telecom companies say they will accept to lose these subscribers, even though the subscriber cut will badly affect their business.

Mobile phone subscribers have been warned that they will face fines of between 5-10 million dong if they are discovered in using personal information of other people to register as subscribers for them.

Also, in an effort to put pre-paid subscribers under strict control, the Hanoi Information and Communication Department has requested telecom companies to “eliminate” 615 subscribers which always give SMS messages for small ads.

These include 227 Viettel’s subscribers, 130 VinaPhone’s, 76 MobiFone’s, 19 EVN Telecom’s two SFone’s, 3 Vietnam Mobile’s and 107 fixed line subscribers managed by the VNPT Hanoi.

Source: VnMedia

davo666
30-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh Shit

I accuse her (kl) of going back to VN to f%^$ Hong Kong guy..... no wonder she go so ballistic at me.

Thanks for the 2nd opinion guys !!! Just FYI, we are still together anyway.

Ta,
Davo.

jackbl
30-04-2011, 12:40 PM
kl : chi tin di thai lan choi voi anh (Tin went Thailand with the other guy already)

Sorry to kaypo here.... Davo, did your KL say she wanted to go Thailand with u?

HT : vay 20 nay chi ve o bao lau roi di sin? (so 20th this month, u back wetnam how long before u go singapore again?)
kl : 1 tuan (1 boring week!)

If yes, then my interpretation will be below:

HT ask KL she go back vietnam on 20th and how long come back. KL said 1 week. KL think of not going back, but Guy hong kong ask me go back play with him..

I guess KL write 1 word wrongly. TIN. Should be tưởng=to think

When HT ask her how long she come back fr vn and replied 1 week and suddenly she bring out the name TIN. In their conversation, out of nowhere why she want to bring out her friend name TIN???

jackbl
30-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I accuse her (kl) of going back to VN to f%^$ Hong Kong guy..... no wonder she go so ballistic at me.

Thanks for the 2nd opinion guys !!! Just FYI, we are still together anyway.

You can dun believe my translation cos my level also not so high...

Anyway if someone found out of your dark secret or xxx , you could also be 脑羞成怒

KangTuo
30-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I guess KL write 1 word wrongly. TIN. Should be tưởng=to think

When HT ask her how long she come back fr vn and replied 1 week and suddenly she bring out the name TIN. In their conversation, out of nowhere why she want to bring out her friend name TIN???

my interpretation of TIN is sms version for DINH (to set, decided)

jackbl
30-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Please dun be sad.... most of the gals u met are also using street TV to yahoo. So it is still useful. Please continue to help out ppl cos u have alot of patience :)

jackbl
30-04-2011, 12:55 PM
my interpretation of TIN is sms version for DINH (to set, decided)

Both dinh and tuong also are similar in meaning abt 75% in this context...
Chi tin k ve =sister decide not to go back; Chi tuong k ve =sister think not go back ;)

Anyway KT congrats that your TV has surpassed many ppl here... including me... So tonight I decided (DINH) to go find another TEACHER to learn more :D

jackbl
30-04-2011, 02:58 PM

Vietnam words with "signs" is called Diacritic marks

30-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Last slot waiting to be filled up.

Beginners only who really want to learn please?

can I join? thanks.

AdGuy
30-04-2011, 04:40 PM
can I join? thanks.

Pm me pls

Cheers

jackbl
30-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Today is 30thang4. Ngay Giai Phong Mien Nam. Wishing all vietnamese happiness, peace and prosperous be with them always.

KangTuo
30-04-2011, 05:25 PM
So tonight I decided (DINH) to go find another TEACHER to learn more :D

if you see any good stuff, reserve for me.
especially the pettite vb in flowery dress that we saw crossing the road to 155 on 25 apr.
if she go back soon,then forget it.

jackbl
30-04-2011, 07:19 PM
if you see any good stuff, reserve for me.
especially the pettite vb in flowery dress that we saw crossing the road to 155 on 25 apr.
if she go back soon,then forget it.

Sorry I dun remember who liao. U better cum here yourself, find excuse.

KangTuo
30-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry I dun remember who liao. U better cum here yourself, find excuse.

ok. i will think of an excuse. probably a very good excuse. but need alot of planning. so most probably will have to wait one more week then can execute it. this is to make sure that there us no loop hole in my excuses. :p

AdGuy
30-04-2011, 09:01 PM
ok. i will think of an excuse. probably a very good excuse. but need alot of planning. so most probably will have to wait one more week then can execute it. this is to make sure that there us no loop hole in my excuses. :p

Go out also need excuse. V sad life.

jackbl
01-05-2011, 06:48 AM
One third of sex workers have HIV
===========================================

An estimated 30-40 percent of Vietnamese prostitutes are infected with HIV, according to an announcement made Wednesday by the Social Ills Prevention Department in Ho Chi Minh City.

"Prostitutes have the third highest rate of HIV infection after drug users and homosexual men," said the department deputy chief Le Thi Ha.

The rate of HIV-infected sex workers is higher in the northern and southeastern regions, where the limited use of condoms during prostitution is blamed for the rate.

According to statistics from the Health Ministry, there were 25,000 men who contracted HIV from prostitutes but the number more than doubled to 60,000 in 2005.

A report by HCMC Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs showed that nowadays prostitutes have more ways to seek clients thanks to advanced technology: they can use social networks, online websites or 3G mobile phones.

Some 20,000 prostitutes are operating in HCMC, with the majority of them coming from other cities and provinces.

Up north, there are some 7,000 prostitutes in Hanoi, with 80 percent of them being HIV positive.

The prostitutes are aware of their high risk of HIV infection but seldom seek public health services or safe sex practice programs, according to the Hanoi Bureau of Social Ills Prevention.

Source: Nguoi Lao Dong, Tien Phong

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Here my ex sms me which I dun understand...reason she not educated and used many short hands...

topic is I have too many ban gai and dun know which to choose...here was her reply...

og cung co ja qua ha. og ma biet thg ai. toi song voi og. ma sao lai kg biet og suy nghi ve thu gi. og chi choi qua duong cho vui thoi

red color reali catch no ball...:confused::o:(

zhu star
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
One third of sex workers have HIV
===========================================

An estimated 30-40 percent of Vietnamese prostitutes are infected with HIV, according to an announcement made Wednesday by the Social Ills Prevention Department in Ho Chi Minh City.

Up north, there are some 7,000 prostitutes in Hanoi, with 80 percent of them being HIV positive.

Source: Nguoi Lao Dong, Tien Phong:eek:

Very frightening!!!!! Be safe, wear your helment:D

jackbl
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
og cung co ja qua ha. og ma biet thg ai. toi song voi og. ma sao lai kg biet og suy nghi ve thu gi. og chi choi qua duong cho vui thoi

red color reali catch no ball...:confused

What i can think of for the word ja is GIA. But the word gia doesn't fit into the sentence above. So i also confused now :(

KangTuo
01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
What i can think of for the word ja is GIA. But the word gia doesn't fit into the sentence above. So i also confused now :(

i thought you found new teacher to improve your TV liao. Why confuse?

carmeo88
01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Here my ex sms me which I dun understand...reason she not educated and used many short hands...

topic is I have too many ban gai and dun know which to choose...here was her reply...

I think she is trying to say u are very naughty, happy you stay with her not happy you finish her. She say why you are like that.

bigbirdbird
01-05-2011, 02:12 PM

red color reali catch no ball...(

I think she is trying to say u are very naughty, happy you stay with her not happy you finish her. She say why you are like that.

LOL !!! That's the trouble with so many bx'ssssssssssssssss :p :D

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM

i think so too...but reali lost with co ja qua...what she meant by ja...naughty is not "ja"...think means something like "old but playful"...:p:cool:

ask her...she oso dun explain...sianzz...

LOL !!! That's the trouble with so many bx'ssssssssssssssss

think you missed the point...just making her jealous...she hope to reconcile with me...but me have so many ban gai dun even know how to choose...:p:rolleyes:

KangTuo
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM

reading it a few times already, i think
ja = gia = old
ong cung co gia qua ha ma biet thuong ai
you also have aged alot but how come dun know to love one dearly....

although she never use "khong biet" as in dun know, this meaning is still as such

jackbl
01-05-2011, 04:28 PM

although she never use "khong biet" as in dun know, this meaning is still as such

In my experience in sms with VBs, many gals' sentence construction are very bad.... if not, then my TV is very bad

Hurricane88
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
In my experience in sms with VBs, many gals' sentence construction are very bad.... if not, then my TV is very bad

haha...not reali...only those cuming here to work as WL are those who dun have much education and from province...those who went to school till secondary normally write pretty well...:)

those that I recently get to know...95% studied till secondary schools and can write pretty well and when I ask them to translate those I dun understand...they too cannot understand or have to guess the meaning...:p

reading it a few times already, i think
ja = gia = old

thanks...think you are correct...:)

AdGuy
01-05-2011, 05:39 PM
True.

Recently through my forum, i got to know quite a few educated viets. Their language is immaculate. The grammar and all is perfect.

The point here is that its not because the WLs are speaking 'local' viet. Its that they are speaking incorrect viet. Just like how we speak singlish. Haha

jackbl
02-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Today is 30thang4. Ngay Giai Phong Mien Nam. Wishing all vietnamese happiness, peace and prosperous be with them always.

April 30, 1975 recounted through US eyewitness
================================================

I was there that fateful day, April 30, 1975, when South Vietnam unconditionally surrendered to North Vietnam, ending what came to be called "The American War" of more than 10 years.

(Editor's Note: This was written by George Esper who retired from the Associated Press in 2000 after 42 years with the wire service, including 10 in Vietnam. He now teaches journalism at West Virginia University.)

It became obvious weeks before that the North Vietnamese would prevail as their forces swept southward, with little or no opposition, to the edges of Saigon, the capital of South Vietnam, renamed Ho Chi Minh City.

American combat forces had already pulled out of the country two years earlier, leaving the South Vietnamese to fend for themselves.

The day before the fall, North Vietnamese gunners bombarded Tan Son Nhat Air Base with rockets and artillery for three hours, hastening the pullout of the remaining 1,000 Americans and as many South Vietnamese as possible.

U.S. evacuation helicopters flying from aircraft carriers landed on the roof of the American Embassy and at Tan Son Nhat Air Base. Hundreds of South Vietnamese tried to get over the 14-foot wall surrounding the embassy in a stampede to get on the helicopters.

Battle-garbed U.S. Marine guards and civilians beat them back with pistol and rifle butts, fists and feet, to keep the embassy from being overrun.

The panic was so widespread that people across the country, fearing a bloodbath that never materialized, sought ways to get out of South Vietnam, including bribery, offering gold.

Some Vietnamese followed me everywhere, even camping out at my apartment, in hopes they could go with me. One South Vietnamese general, responsible for the defenses of Saigon, sought our assistance in escaping. When I told them I wasn't leaving, they wouldn't believe me.

The American force of more than 40 carriers, amphibious ships and other vessels were jammed with thousands of refugees. About 1,000 Americans and 6,000 Vietnamese were evacuated by helicopter during the final U.S. pullout.

On Wednesday morning, April 30, 1975, U.S. Marines fired a red smoke grenade to guide a helicopter in for a landing on the roof of the American Embassy.

Eleven Marines jumped aboard and were airborne within four minutes. They had served as the rear guard and were the last Americans to be flown out of Saigon from among 800 Marines who had provided security for the evacuation.

After the American airlift ended at 7:52 a.m., hundreds of Vietnamese civilians rushed into the embassy compound and onto the roof of a nearby building, hoping for more helicopters.

There would be none.

Two hours later, Saigon announced its unconditional surrender in a radio and television broadcast. South Vietnamese soldiers marched from their outposts to stack their weapons in surrender. They were beaten men.

A police officer walked to a war memorial in the park in Lam Son Square. His eyes were filled with sadness, his voice with despair, as I interviewed him. "Fini! Fini!" he exclaimed.

Suddenly, he saluted the memorial, raised his pistol to his head and fired, falling mortally wounded at my feet. South Vietnamese soldiers tore off their uniforms and boots on the streets in efforts to disassociate themselves from the Saigon government and its American supporters.

During the 10 years I was in Vietnam, I often wondered how the war would end. Two young North Vietnamese soldiers walked into the AP offices and over some Coke and pound cake, they shared with us their feelings. They showed us snapshots of their families.

North Vietnamese, South Vietnamese, American, I realized we were much the same with the same hopes and the same emotions. That's how the war ended for me.

jasonong
02-05-2011, 01:13 PM
can any bros out here pls help to translate the below sentence,

"neu anh that su thich em thi hay den voi em bang tinh cam chan that em chi muon o lai voi anh lau dai"

Thank you

Hurricane88
02-05-2011, 01:25 PM
can any bros out here pls help to translate the below sentence,

"neu anh that su thich em thi hay den voi em bang tinh cam chan that em chi muon o lai voi anh lau dai"

I just copy and paste on to the http://vdict.com/?autotranslation then here is the translation...

"if you really likes me then go to state your true feelings with me I just want to stay with you long"

AdGuy
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I just copy and paste on to the http://vdict.com/?autotranslation then here is the translation...

"if you really likes me then go to state your true feelings with me I just want to stay with you long"

This translation is close enough.

Honey Boon
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
ya, and the Lab fees not cheap :p

Learnt from a book, u get boring fast. Learn from practical, u remember well. :D Just like you learnt Science (esp Biology), u go for lab practical :p

KangTuo
03-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Sperm brother the more the better ma. I know many vb live there, but Tho always asks me to meet at Esso because she is afraid of landlord.

lovesprout kor kor. you still in contact with her?
Did she ever come back? or did she just came back on the 3rd week of April?

jackbl
03-05-2011, 01:08 PM
They always can come out with new way of gambling :D

Football gambling goes virtual in Vietnam
================================================== =
With the advent of computer games like Pes 2010, football gamblers in Vietnam no longer have to fear match-fixing in European leagues or being arrested by the police -- they can play the game themselves as well as bet on it.

Betting on a single cyber-game lasting a quarter of an hour can exceed US$5,000 and winning also depends on skill with a mouse or joystick, with each “player” controling a side of 11 virtual footballers.

Pes versions 2010 or 2011 are the current favorites. Punters can either play the game at home with others or through intermediaries who have clients to play and bet.

The broker gets a bonus of 5 – 10 percent of the stakes.

One such intermediary, A of Linh Trung Ward in HCMC’s Thu Duc District, assured Tuoi Tre that it is totally safe from the police.

“Sometimes, even the owner of an internet shop or a guest sitting next to you does not know that we are gambling,” he said.

“But if you are interested in safety, we just come to other shops deeper in small lanes with few passers-by.”

The stake for a game should be at least VND500,000 (US$24) to attract other gamblers, he said.

“Here, most of gamblers are university students staying in the area.”

A brief survey by Tuoi Tre found dozens of internet shops in HCMC where Pes 2010 and 2011 are available all 24 hours.

In many cases, their owners also act as intermediaries between gamblers.

T, the owner of one such shop in Linh Trung, also known as “students village,” said gamblers have two options – either to bet on goals or the match result.

“Some prefer to bet on goals scored to win or lose quicker,” he said.

Many internet shops on Nguyen Cu Trinh Street in District 1 have become regular haunts for gamblers.

Gamblers at big-money games usually negotiate terms like duration and the referee who keeps the wager money. The venue is usually kept a secret until the last minute to make sure the police do not get wind of it.

Thuong of Tan Phu District, an intermediary, said gamblers have to hand over stakes to the referee or shop owner to prevent foul play.

However, the latter is becoming less and less important as a point person since gamblers just go online and leave their contact details.

Source: Tuoi Tre

lovesprout
03-05-2011, 08:02 PM
lovesprout kor kor. you still in contact with her?
Did she ever come back? or did she just came back on the 3rd week of April?

In fact, I did not contact her anymore because she told me she only went to hotel with me, but then she gave me so many sperm brothers. Well. Maybe I am too naive. I should have knew this by myself. :cool:

Hurricane88
03-05-2011, 08:05 PM
In fact, I did not contact her anymore because she told me she only went to hotel with me, but then she gave me so many sperm brothers. Well. Maybe I am too naive. I should have knew this by myself. :cool:

not too late to know...my quote "if you believe WL then pigs also can climb trees..."...:p:rolleyes::cool:

dicaorez
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
wow u guys seem to have a lot of fun in VN.. really envy ah..

AdGuy
04-05-2011, 12:02 AM

No need to envy. Just book a flight and you'll be there in 2 hours.

jackbl
04-05-2011, 12:17 AM

Most of the interaction happened in SGP, little vietnam :D

jackbl
04-05-2011, 01:10 AM
They always can come out with new way of gambling :D

Football gambling goes virtual in Vietnam
================================================== =

Gambling via mobile phone, the new trend
=================================================
For gamblers in Vietnam, online games are old hat; the latest trick is gambling on mobile phone networks.

In a country where gambling and betting are totally banned, ironically, the gambling services are being publicly provided by the Hanoi-based Bien Xanh (Blue Sea) media and technology company via its website www.doden.vn.

The website is lawful and registered to offer online games, lottery results, and chat forums.

To gamble on it, a punter needs to have a mobile phone enabled with GPRS, the mobile data transfer service, and sign up for membership to access the online games.

A member can log into different rooms offering games like chess, poker, and dozens of other card games.

The poker room is divided into sub-rooms depending on the stakes involved in each game – VND1,000, VND5,000, and so on.

Punters can buy virtual money known as Xu, Keng, Un, or Ro depending on the game, to gamble by paying real money which will just get deducted from their mobile phone account upon sending an SMS.

But what happens mostly is that the gamblers, who cannot redeem their winnings from the website, just do so from each other. In other words, winners sell their virtual money to other gamblers.

Websites like www.doden.vn entice gamblers with thinly disguised exhortations like “Mobile phone users can well interact with one another for online chess / card games.”

Tuoi Tre witnessed many gamblers playing in poker rooms late at night, with some owning up to 138 million Ro of virtual money.

Tuoi Tre contacted an official at Bien Xanh company and was informed that the firm operates the website with a license.

However, the firm does flout current regulations that service providers can only provide online games 14 hours a day with a break from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.

Besides, the rules also require players to declare their personal identification to get membership.

Tran Vuong Thao, a Ho Chi Minh City lawyer, said a games provider violating the law could be fined up to VND50 million (US$2,380), while anyone found guilty of gambling could be imprisoned for at least three months.

volcano
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM

the red part i only dun understand wat is 'ja'

u also have 'ja' many ah.if u know how to care for one.i stay together with u why i dun understand wat u thinking of.u only play relationship for pleasure only...

lovesprout
04-05-2011, 11:16 AM

u also have 'ja' many ah.if u know how to care for one.i stay together with u why i dun understand wat u thinking of.u only play relationship for pleasure only...

ja should be "già", but it doesn't mean "old" here. "già" has a second meaning "experienced and knowledgeable". Here, anh co gia qua means that "He is too experienced in love fair such that he doesn't know how to love"

Hope my explanation helps.

volcano
04-05-2011, 01:31 PM
ja should be "già", but it doesn't mean "old" here. "già" has a second meaning "experienced and knowledgeable". Here, anh co gia qua means that "He is too experienced in love fair such that he doesn't know how to love"

theres a 'ha' at the end of this sentence...hence i believe it should't be in this meaning....:confused:

i really hate Vietnamese people sending msg in short forms...dun mention abt us,many times,Vietnamese themselves also cant understand the msg send by others...:eek:

Hurricane88
04-05-2011, 07:28 PM

wow learnt something new...think this explanation oso makes sense...:)

wah...another translation...oso makes sense...thanks...:)

theres a 'ha' at the end of this sentence...hence i believe it should't be in this meaning....

i really hate Vietnamese people sending msg in short forms...dun mention abt us,many times,Vietnamese themselves also cant understand the msg send by others...:

worst case...when I asked her...she dun bother to explain but some how said I should know who I really wanted...btw, this one was my 1st ex which you nvr see before...with me 2 years...:)

me too hate all these msg that I can;t understand and not good tieng viet...:)

AdGuy
05-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Everyone here getting better and better at TV. From a TV lover's pov, it's very encouraging.

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 08:42 AM
theres a 'ha' at the end of this sentence...hence i believe it should't be in this meaning....:confused:

i really hate Vietnamese people sending msg in short forms...dun mention abt us,many times,Vietnamese themselves also cant understand the msg send by others...:eek:

"Ha" only makes the sentence a question, but I think it still makes sense.

I hate it even more when they sms me address or name of place. Yesterday, a lady told me she worked at "Backlend" karaoke and asked me to find her. I said I don't know "Backlend" and asked her for the exact address, then this is what she sms me:

Gan trung tam, di duong puris la gan toi backlend, gan cho tong thong o.

Near center, go Puris road then near backlend, also near the place where president live.

So I searched that area for near 1 hour, but still couldn't find "backlend". I called her, and she said

Anh ngoi taxi, lai taxi se biet

You take the taxi, the driver will know.

Of course, the driver also didn't know. At the end, I have to give up because of no clue where backlend is. Anybody knows where "Backlend" is?

volcano
05-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Anybody knows where "Backlend" is?

i think she means "Parklane"

zhu star
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
All TV expert bros here:

Where can I download Vietnamese songs from the net?

Honey Boon
05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
I was given this site: http://hn.nhac.vui.vn/

don't know good or not ;)

All TV expert bros here:

Where can I download Vietnamese songs from the net?

jackbl
05-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Gan trung tam, di duong puris la gan toi backlend, gan cho tong thong o.

Near center, go Puris road then near backlend, also near the place where president live.

backlend=PARKLANE, which is near BUGIS and also near Istana.

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 12:16 PM
i think she means "Parklane"

backlend=PARKLANE, which is near BUGIS and also near Istana.

Wow. You guys are very smart. You solved the puzzle!!

so, Backlend = Parklane; Puris = Bugis

jackbl
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Wow. You guys are very smart. You solved the puzzle!!

Did we 2 win FREE trip to Parklane KTV that your gal works? :D

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Did we 2 win FREE trip to Parklane KTV that your gal works? :D

You win her FREE phone number :D Seriously, I am going overseas today and cannot take care of her anymore. Anyone who likes to take over please let me know.

Someone introduced this girl to me, but I haven't met her. Just exchange sms with her so far. You may have the privilege to have her first blood in Singapore. :)

jackbl
05-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Someone introduced this girl to me, but I haven't met her. Just exchange sms with her so far. You may have the privilege to have her first blood in Singapore.

I can only FLIRT wit her over phone. Not see her yet may turn out to be a Baby Elephant :D I dun think I m the 1st in sgp let alone in VN to draw her 1st blood :D

PM me ;)

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
I can only FLIRT wit her over phone. Not see her yet may turn out to be a Baby Elephant :D I dun think I m the 1st in sgp let alone in VN to draw her 1st blood :D

PM me ;)

Here is her info:
Name: Saly
Live in: PM's GRC

She feel lonely in Singapore, and she needs someone who can speak Tieng Viet and chat with her. I will PM you her HP no. Please flirt with her as much as you can. Maybe you can get a free shot at the end. :)

KangTuo
05-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Live in: PM's GRC

K2? ave10?

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 02:18 PM
K2? ave10?

What is K2? Does PM live in Ave 10? I don't know...

What I mean by PM's GRC = Ang Mo Kio

BTW, Saly was introduced to me by Van, your gf's spy.

KangTuo
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
What is K2? Does PM live in Ave 10? I don't know...

What I mean by PM's GRC = Ang Mo Kio

BTW, Saly was introduced to me by Van, your gf's spy.

PM grc is amk. so i asked if she stay in ave 10.
k2 is a ktv in parklane.

since you say intro by van.... so this vb just arrived early last week?

lovesprout
05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
PM grc is amk. so i asked if she stay in ave 10.
k2 is a ktv in parklane.

since you say intro by van.... so this vb just arrived early last week?

I've never been to parklane so I don't know the name of the KTV there.

Yes. She arrived last week. Did you pick her up from the airport? Is she good-looking?

KangTuo
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes. She arrived last week. Did you pick her up from the airport? Is she good-looking?

if you see ah van nice, then you may find her nice also :)

jackbl
06-05-2011, 02:44 AM

SMSed her. She told me she work K2. Asked me to go find her.... :eek: :(

KangTuo
06-05-2011, 07:59 AM
SMSed her. She told me she work K2. Asked me to go find her.... :eek: :(

you fast hand fast leg leh. she not your type.
concentrate on your vb from para...

lovesprout
06-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Haha. Good one. Very sarcastic.

jackbl
06-05-2011, 11:35 AM
concentrate on your vb from para...

For every new teacher I met, I always learnt something new. So practical lessons are very useful :D

KangTuo
06-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Haha. Good one. Very sarcastic.

yes...

For every new teacher I met, I always learnt something new. So practical lessons are very useful :D

so you go for practical 1 on 1 lesson yesterday?
any of you friends took over the vb i hugged?

jackbl
06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
so you go for practical 1 on 1 lesson yesterday?
any of you friends took over the vb i hugged?

Yesterd there is a practical lesson. I teach my teacher Mandarin, she din teach me much TV :( As I go off early for dinner at 730, I dun know abt ur VB. She indeed SYT :)

Hurricane88
06-05-2011, 07:05 PM

I asked a Vn fren...she explained

ja = gia tuoi = old age

AdGuy
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Y this thread all about vb nowadays?

Not enough threads about vbs?

KangTuo
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Y this thread all about vb nowadays?

Not enough threads about vbs?

neu kg co con gai vn, kg co ai hoc tv ma...

lukas
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
All bro so good in vietnamese i'm married with vietnamese wife and i can't speak or understand much :D

AdGuy
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
All bro so good in vietnamese i'm married with vietnamese wife and i can't speak or understand much :D

For starters, you can start speaking to her in Vietnamese..

When you are doing the do, say.... nhanh len nhanh len du anh... :D

Soon, you'll be teaching the bros here Viet :rolleyes:

lukas
06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
For starters, you can start speaking to her in Vietnamese..

When you are doing the do, say.... nhanh len nhanh len du anh... :D

Soon, you'll be teaching the bros here Viet :rolleyes:

Well vietnamese girl speak like shooting machine gun. :D

jackbl
07-05-2011, 03:11 AM
neu kg co con gai vn, kg co ai hoc tv ma...

Yes i agreed. W/O them there will be no ppl query about SMS here. :D

jackbl
07-05-2011, 03:14 AM
Well vietnamese girl speak like shooting machine gun. :D

I heard that vietnamese ladies are the 1st to go for war. 1st and 2nd world war there are not ladies involved. So they know how to use machine gun well :D

AdGuy
07-05-2011, 11:47 AM
How do you say 'you are welcome' (after thank you) in viet?

deptrai4u
07-05-2011, 03:50 PM

The viet do not say WELCUM... they follow the Chinese saying or mei shi mei shi... {no issue, no issue} so they say "kg co gi!"

jackbl
08-05-2011, 03:50 AM

The viet do not say WELCUM... they follow the Chinese saying or mei shi mei shi... {no issue, no issue} so they say "kg co gi!"

Yeah, some vn sentences/words do not have direct english translation. Or you can try to reply using this:
1) k co chi
2) co gi dau
3) k co sao

AdGuy
08-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, some vn sentences/words do not have direct english translation. Or you can try to reply using this:
1) k co chi
2) co gi dau
3) k co sao

Interestingly, 'khong co chi' is what i wanted to ask about coz i have seen someone saying 'khong cua chi' which also makes sense because cua chi sounds like ke chi in chinese.

Can someone confirm?

lament
09-05-2011, 02:07 AM
1) k co chi
2) co gi dau
3) k co sao

khong co chi = never mind
co gi dau = its does not matter
khong co sao = there's no reason why

technically sound the same but carry different weightage. the english part is the best I can co-relate too.

hopes this helps.

jackbl
09-05-2011, 03:21 AM
khong co chi = never mind
co gi dau = its does not matter
khong co sao = there's no reason why

technically sound the same but carry different weightage. the english part is the best I can co-relate too.

hopes this helps.

So when people say thank you to you. What is the best reply?

Welcome back to SBF. Seems u hv been missing from here for a long time :D

Ziron
09-05-2011, 04:56 AM
hi, just wonder if any bro here can help me translate a msg??

evoking88
09-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Interestingly, 'khong co chi' is what i wanted to ask about coz i have seen someone saying 'khong cua chi' which also makes sense because cua chi sounds like ke chi in chinese.

Can someone confirm?

according to lingopal iphone app

khong co chi = you re welcome.

jackbl
09-05-2011, 10:41 AM
hi, just wonder if any bro here can help me translate a msg??

You didnt post your msg here, how bro here help u????

Maybe u can find some words in here : http://sammyboyforum.com/showpost.php?p=5165323&postcount=6049

or http://translate.google.com/#vi|en|

or http://vdict.com/

lament
09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
according to lingopal iphone app

khong co chi = you re welcome.

thats the direct translation, but usage is like nevermind as it can be applied contextually.

lament
09-05-2011, 10:47 AM
So when people say thank you to you. What is the best reply?

Welcome back to SBF. Seems u hv been missing from here for a long time :D

depends on why was the thank you said. my usage of the language is unique to the situation and have been tweaked based on my limited understanding ....

in this case, k co chi can be used too ....

jackbl
09-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Take note if your ban gai or BX is buying iphone 4 in vn...........

iPhone 4 CDMA “in disgrace” in Vietnam
===============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – While in the US, Verizon is attracting hi-tech players with CDMA-based iPhone 4s, in Vietnam, the product still cannot grab the attention of mobile connoisseurs.

iPhone 4 CDMA not the choice of Vietnamese players

Hoang Hai, a hi-tech product trader, said he regretted purchasing 10 iPhone 4s from the US, because the products, which were carried to Vietnam across the border by travelers, remain unsellable.

Hai said he once hoped the deal would bring fat profit, because iPhone 4 CDMA have been selling very well in the US. However, the hope has not come true: at first, he intended to sell the products at 12 million dong per product. However, he still cannot sell anything even though he has slashed the sale price to 10 million dong.

The noteworthy thing is that while iPhone 4s that run on CDMA technology, still cannot catch the attention from the public, other iPhone 4 which run on GMS technology, are selling nonstop, despite high prices at 16 million dong.

Why is CDMA technology is less favored in Vietnam remains a question to be answered.

“I made a wrong move when deciding to trade CDMA based iPhone 4. The problem is that the iPhone 4 CDMA cannot be unlocked in Vietnam, so that users can use normal functions like making calls and receiving calls,” he said.

As the iPhone 4s do not have SIM slots for SIM Gevey, it is just considered an iPod Touch with good camera and an additional function of GPS (global positioning system).

In principle, there are also CDMA technology based networks in Vietnam, including the one by S-Fone. However, hi-tech product players said that even though the iPhone 4 can be unlocked to use S-Fone services, the weak network of S-Fone, plus dropped calls when using the iPhone 4 both would make the iPhone 4 useful only for playing games or listening to music.

Even for GSM-based iPhone 4s, experts also still cannot find effective tools to unlock it in order to allow users to use original SIM.

iPhone 4 CDMA cannot be used in Vietnam

All the experts whom VietNamNet contacted to ask about CDMA based iPhone 4 all said they believe that it is impossible for iPhone 4 CDMA to run on S-Fone network infrastructure.

They said that it is even very difficult deal with unlocked iPhones, let alone locked iPhone 4 CDMA with no SIM slot. These characteristics of iPhone 4 would be a big barrier for technicians.

It is clear that iPhone 4 CDMA will not be imported through the official channel and distributed in Vietnam. The product has no future in Vietnam, analysts say.

However, they think that it would be a good idea if those people, who do not need to make and receive calls, but need the products as entertainment devices, use iPhone 4 CDMA instead of iPod Touch.

With powerful configuration, beautiful screen, the camera with high resolution and GPS, it would be not a bad idea to spend 10 million dong to buy an iPhone 4 CDMA, if noting that an iPod Touch is worth 6.5 million dong already.

The iPhone 4 has been available in Vietnam since last June, and has been selling very well.

Vương Long

Ziron
09-05-2011, 12:29 PM
hi can someone help me to translate the following,

Ong cai ngay may em ko co ve chuc em di choi vui 65 ngay mot gap 9****888 willim.

Thanks in advance!

lament
09-05-2011, 02:03 PM
hi can someone help me to translate the following,

Ong cai ngay may em ko co ve chuc em di choi vui 65 ngay mot gap 9****888 willim.

Thanks in advance!

pretty scrathcy and probably from someone who is not good in vn himself.

tomorrow you no go back,wish you have fun 65, see you the day after tomorrow.

Thien69
09-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Anh oi lament , bay jo giup nguoi ta thay nt cua nguoi ta ha , hay wa
, tui la mike , mai biet tao la ai ..., hahahahahha , tao ma muon hoc tieng
Viet , mai co thoi gian ko .... Heehee

SureScore
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Definitely a grand master who had came back.

Sha_Gua75
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Wah so long no appear :D

KangTuo
09-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Wah so long no appear :D

you also mah :D

KangTuo
09-05-2011, 10:25 PM
definitely a grand master who had came back.

(((重出江湖)))

AdGuy
09-05-2011, 11:51 PM

It's the Fu Qi of this thread :D

jackbl
10-05-2011, 12:10 AM
French tourists escape as boat sink in Vietnam

HANOI : A group of French travellers had a lucky escape in Vietnam when their tour boat sank on Halong Bay, the party's leader said on Monday, in an eerie echo of an accident earlier this year that killed 12.

There were no injuries in the latest incident, which involved 28 French tourists on Sunday afternoon at the popular visitor attraction, said Josette Farret, a 65-year-old who was among those on board.

"We felt that there were some technical problems before the departure of the boat, which was in poor condition," she said.

According to Dang Huy Hau, government vice-president in Quang Ninh province, the boat went down after a collision with another craft delivering water, but Farret insisted there was "absolutely no collision".

Hau said an investigation would be conducted after the boat is salvaged.

"Everybody aboard the tourist vessel was transferred to another boat before it completely sank," he said.

In Vietnam's worst tourism accident, 11 tourists and their guide died in February when a boat sank in Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its stunning limestone cliffs, about 160 kilometres (100 miles) from Hanoi.

A senior provincial official said water leakage resulting from human error was the most likely cause. The boat's captain and engineer were arrested for investigation over alleged safety violations.

The local travel agency that organised the February tour was unlicensed and the tour guide unregistered, officials said.

After the tragedy, a safety inspection of 135 tour boats found 98 with a variety of minor technical or safety problems, Hau said, adding that owners of the boats had been ordered to correct the problems immediately.

Jonathan Galaviz, a tourism sector economist at Galaviz & Co consultancy, said in February that the fatal sinking was an indication of a continued lack of attention to safeguards.

"Safety standards for tourism must be taken seriously by the Vietnamese government if the country wants to protect its long-term tourism image," he said.

- AFP

Hurricane88
10-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Wah so long no appear

you also mah

Bro Sha_Gua always around...just dun post much...:p

lament
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM

thanks but a retired grandmaster ....

feel free to pluck this old brain before he disappear again....

I learnt the language the hard way not the conventional way .....

Sha_Gua75
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
you also mah :D

Where got? Tha day have called u mah.

Bro Sha_Gua always around...just dun post much...:p

How u know??

lament
10-05-2011, 12:28 PM

How u know??

you have always been the sneaky one....long time no see.....

got married?

still working at the same place?

meet up for kopi one day ....

oscarbully
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi Bros

Can help me translate this :

Nhung Nguoi Si Theo Doi Dau Chan Yeu

Thanks

AdGuy
10-05-2011, 04:58 PM
thanks but a retired grandmaster ....

feel free to pluck this old brain before he disappear again....

I learnt the language the hard way not the conventional way .....

What's ur definition of the conventional way

KangTuo
10-05-2011, 05:24 PM

yah. after giving you info of the place, I also wanna go roi :p

Definition of conventional - Not Unconventional :p:D

lament
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM

I did go for a 10 2.5hour basic viet lesson but after which when I speak to some of the girls, I was ridiculed for not pronouncing correctly.

I had a gf then and I sms her in vn and told her to sms in english so we learn from each other. She however sms me in vn and I have to rack my brains up to just understand 1 sms. It took a week or two to understand.

Upon my first trip to vn, I wrote what I want to say and the people there read out my sms and then wrote their reply and read it out to me. this is how I slowly put sounds to my words.

so this is my unconventional learning. the rest were pick up through conversations and sms from the people. in vn terms, my version of vn is the woman's way cos thats where I learn the most.

haha_123
10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Dear sifus, I want to send an sms to my gf: "Remember to bring your ID when you come to the hotel".

I only know that "Remember = nho", "bring = mang" and "hotel = khach san",
but I don't know how to write "ID" in Vietnamese.

Can any senior help me? Better still, if can write for me the entire sms in Vietnamese.

Cam-on anh nhieu nhieu!!

lament
10-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Dear sifus, I want to send an sms to my gf: "Remember to bring your ID when you come to the hotel".

Can any senior help me? Better still, if can write for me the entire sms in Vietnamese.

Cam-on anh nhieu nhieu!!

em oi, nho dem theo chung minh cua em khi em lai khach san gap anh nhe.

hope this helps.

Hurricane88
10-05-2011, 06:25 PM

I did a vdict translation and here

"em, co nho mang thẻ căn cước ve khach san"

haha_123
10-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Cam-on anh lament va bro Hurricane88.

lament
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I did a vdict translation and here

"em, co nho mang thẻ căn cước ve khach san"

chung minh = identity

technically ID means giay chung ming where giay is paper.

mang can be used but dem is more colloquial as it translate to take in english.

KangTuo
10-05-2011, 10:19 PM
I did go for a 10 2.5hour basic viet lesson but after which when I speak to some of the girls, I was ridiculed for not pronouncing correctly.

I had a gf then and I sms her in vn and told her to sms in english so we learn from each other. She however sms me in vn and I have to rack my brains up to just understand 1 sms. It took a week or two to understand.

Upon my first trip to vn, I wrote what I want to say and the people there read out my sms and then wrote their reply and read it out to me. this is how I slowly put sounds to my words.

so this is my unconventional learning. the rest were pick up through conversations and sms from the people. in vn terms, my version of vn is the woman's way cos thats where I learn the most.

a few bro go thru the same path of learning as you as in attended some class before....i.e Adguy, jackbl, myself...

most bro also go thru the unconventional way of learning TV from many girlfriends in gl/jc/vn :p

but i really "pei fu" one bro who don't know TV but have to be posted to vn to work. due to work and maybe the vb as pulling factor, he put in alot effort to learn and he is now our top TV speaker.. :)

AdGuy
10-05-2011, 10:27 PM
a few bro go thru the same path of learning as you as in attended some class before....i.e Adguy, jackbl, myself...

most bro also go thru the unconventional way of learning TV from many girlfriends in gl/jc/vn :p

but i really "pei fu" one bro who don't know TV but have to be posted to vn to work. due to work and maybe the vb as pulling factor, he put in alot effort to learn and he is now our top TV speaker.. :)

Who? who? :eek:

Honey Boon
11-05-2011, 02:55 PM
ya, personally I would want to learn from him also :p

Who? who? :eek:

Sha_Gua75
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
you have always been the sneaky one....long time no see.....

got married?

still working at the same place?

meet up for kopi one day ....

I small size nia, so seem sneaky....not like you far far can see liao :D

Married 3 yr plus liao lor...2 kids liao lor.... :o

Same job except different place

Seldom have free own time now.... :(

yah. after giving you info of the place, I also wanna go roi

In the end never I also no go :(

haha_123
12-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Dear Seniors, I've informed my Vn gf that I'll be flying to HCMC over the weekend. So she replied me this sms: "ox di may bay hang nao".

I think she's asking for my flight no. But I can't be sure.
Can any senior help me? Cam-on.

lament
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Dear Seniors, I've informed my Vn gf that I'll be flying to HCMC over the weekend. So she replied me this sms: "ox di may bay hang nao".

yup you are right.

jackbl
12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
So she replied me this sms: "ox di may bay hang nao".

She is asking you which flight you are taking, eg Jetstar, Lion, Tiger, etc.

haha_123
12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Again she smsed me: "ox mua cho em cai vo sach hieu cot nge Anh tien em cho me hiet roi".

I think she wants me to buy a book or something, but I'm not sure.
Please help me.

Sorry for any in-convenience caused by my very limited tieng viet, especially to Anh lament, Anh jackbl and Bro Hurricane88. Thanks.

jackbl
12-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Again she smsed me: "ox mua cho em cai vo sach hieu cot nge

Anh tien em cho me hiet roi".

Sorry for any in-convenience caused by my very limited tieng viet

Ox, buy for me a bag brand COACH.

Darling, money I give mother everything already.

If u think your tv is limited then better buck up.

Personal comment, your this gal's requirement not low. COACH bag some more. You better be careful.

Other brothers please correct me if my translation is wrong so as not to confuse him.

Hurricane88
12-05-2011, 06:23 PM

chirp la...buy at cho benh thanh nite market..hihi...:p

haha_123
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=jackbl;5932686]Ox, buy for me a bag brand COACH.

Personal comment, your this gal's requirement not low. COACH bag some more. You better be careful.

QUOTE]

Thanks bro, I used the vdict.com and bought a Viet dictionary. But some words I still can't find in the dictionary.

If it is indeed COACH bag, then I must say she's got expensive taste.
I think it's better to buy a bag in Diamond Plaza or Parkson's, so at least she can choose and I can compare the prices. I don't want to buy a bag in Singapore, and later she don't like bc of the colour or something.

Thanks anyway for the advice. Well appreciated!!:)

KangTuo
12-05-2011, 06:32 PM

whao!!!! i just bought 1 wristlet for miss L and 1 for my girlfriend.

now everyone in miss L house start to buy coach brand also. but my girlfriend dunno how to appreciate the brand.... a good sign :)

haha_123
12-05-2011, 06:34 PM
chirp la...buy at cho benh thanh nite market..hihi...:p

sorry bro...I think the locals don't like to buy at cho ben thanh... But we men like to go there bc there can see alot of "half-balls"...:p
Same as An Dong market....hihi..;)

Hurricane88
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM
sorry bro...I think the locals don't like to buy at cho ben thanh... But we men like to go there bc there can see alot of "half-balls"...:p
Same as An Dong market....hihi..;)

haha...din ask you to bring her there...just go alone to buy and give her...:p

think you are wrong...all those gers that I knew likes to shop at cho ben thanh nite market so long I pay...haha..

jackbl
12-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Can other experts verify my translation? COT=???

Maybe it is a local brand and very cheap. Then I "wrongly" translate liao.

haha_123
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Bro, u r scared that u translate wrongly, and caused me to buy the wrong bag. Don't worry about that bro. U are very kind and thoughtful.

Next time at Joo Chiat, I will keep a lookout for a young, handsome chap carrying a bag. Then I will invite him for a drink, and asked him to sing for me 'Cau Vong Khuyet'!!

Cam-on Anh rat nhieu.

Hurricane88
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM

me dare not translate because dun know what topic...they are talking about...think you are rite...:p

newcheongster
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
bro where is the location?

AdGuy
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
This girl appetite v big.

If I encounter such a girl, she sure kena scolded by me.

No wonder no one loves me. Too many other carrots around.

8fdjf934ms
12-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Hi bros... can help translate the below messages?

A chi gian nhieu neu e di lon xon la ai ton thuong ai e lam viet ky cuc k co chinh minh dc e dg o dau neu con nhu vay thi a se hieu lo

A k co noi e giong ky nu bay gio y e la gi a k hieu

E the lai vi a bay gio con kho chiu qua

A viet xai a y la e gian a nga a dau long qua e k hieu

E bt k a da chuan bi quen luc truoc nhan e la ngoai yeu a la e lai chet hai cam tinh nay say vay xin noi cho a by dc k

E chua den bd ha neu e that su k co lon xon

Thanks... a bit suspicious now le. I find using vdict no link one all the words.

lament
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM

Darling, money I give mother everything already.

Other brothers please correct me if my translation is wrong so as not to confuse him.

agreed ...materialistic .....

just a question, have you been showering her with loads of cash? better watch out

my current gf with me for almost 6 months and yet to ask for a single cent or gift .....

lament
13-05-2011, 12:04 AM
of course no link as it is written by someone with half-past 6 viet.

A chi gian nhieu neu e di lon xon = I only angry if you anyhow go
la ai ton thuong ai = its who respect who
e lam viet ky cuc = the work you do is strange
k co chinh minh dc e dg o dau = no way to prove where you are
neu con nhu vay thi a se hieu lo = if still like that then i understand

I never say you are strange woman but now don't know why love you

You like that cos now I not easily acceptable by you

I write wrong I love only you ? I heart-broken you no understand

E bt k you know or not
a da chuan bi quen luc truoc i prepared to forget the past
nhan e la ngoai yeu a = you only love me from the outside???
la e lai chet hai cam tinh nay say vay = its you who kill the love of us
xin noi cho a by dc k = please let me know ok

E chua den bd ha = you prepared to go bd (Binh Duong?) is it
neu e that su k co lon xon = if you really never do anything wrong

This is the best that I can make out of it ...hope it helps a little.

lament
13-05-2011, 12:07 AM
This girl appetite v big.

If I encounter such a girl, she sure kena scolded by me.

No wonder no one loves me. Too many other carrots around.

Bro, in the past I have always said this ...

if you start playing with money, it will always be about money .....

Its not that you don't have the carrots just that others have more carrots.

I give 1 carrot, he gives 2 and another gives 4 ...how to fight ...

my policy is that money will change hands eventually but its for the long term and not short term...if the vb is after short term ..she is free to get from others ...cause I BELIEVE IN A BUILDING A FUTURE WITH THEM...

haha_123
13-05-2011, 12:08 AM
agreed ...materialistic .....

just a question, have you been showering her with loads of cash? better watch out

my current gf with me for almost 6 months and yet to ask for a single cent or gift .....

When she went back to HCMC, I sent her to the airport and passed her $300
to bring to her family.

U are a very lucky man. So far, all the Viet and PRC girls that I fancy are all very materialistic.

Once a PRC girl asked for a present before she went back to China.
She said: "Lao Gong, can u bring me to Orchard Road to buy a handbag?
Don't worry, I'm not asking for a branded handbag like LV or Gucci, and it costs only $400!!!":eek:

Needless to say, I have not seen her since.;)

lament
13-05-2011, 12:11 AM

unverifiable as it is a loosly translated term ...cot nge = coat nghe .. no brand sounds like that except for COACH so you may be right .....

Bro, maybe ask you girl to sms the right brand lor ...easier or go vn and say you

khong heiu em muon mua vo sach gi dau, so mua lon roi em khong thich dau, lan sau ve xin thi minh di mua trong ...

no understand what you want, scared buy wrong you no like, next time you come back sillypore then we go together and buy...

hope this buy you some valuable time ..if she just a fling, pray she kenna kick back atthe airport lor ....ha ha ha

lament
13-05-2011, 12:20 AM
When she went back to HCMC, I sent her to the airport and passed her $300
to bring to her family.

U are a very lucky man. So far, all the Viet and PRC girls that I fancy are all very materialistic.

This is one of the reasons why few have stayed by my side for long ...

I guess I was quite lucky to meet my current girl ..ultra non-materilistic.

the last time her handphone was spoilt after we had a big quarrel and she threw the phone in a fit of anger, she ask me to buy her one of those $30 plus nokia handphone for her.

When I went back to visit her over new year, I spend 6 days with her and spend less than $250. She is one of those who hate shopping and like to stay at home ..... even in sillypore we hardly go anywhere, most of the time we just laze in the hotel.........

its always important to find someone who loves us more than we loved them ...its not easy to find one ....this is why I only prefer northern girls now, I had dated 3 and was stuck to 2...

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 12:21 AM

clap clap clap. always good to have you here. :)
i am still trying to decode :o

8fdjf934ms
13-05-2011, 12:35 AM
of course no link as it is written by someone with half-past 6 viet.

A chi gian nhieu neu e di lon xon = I only angry if you anyhow go
la ai ton thuong ai = its who respect who
e lam viet ky cuc = the work you do is strange
k co chinh minh dc e dg o dau = no way to prove where you are
neu con nhu vay thi a se hieu lo = if still like that then i understand

I never say you are strange woman but now don't know why love you

You like that cos now I not easily acceptable by you

I write wrong I love only you ? I heart-broken you no understand

E bt k you know or not
a da chuan bi quen luc truoc i prepared to forget the past
nhan e la ngoai yeu a = you only love me from the outside???
la e lai chet hai cam tinh nay say vay = its you who kill the love of us
xin noi cho a by dc k = please let me know ok

E chua den bd ha = you prepared to go bd (Binh Duong?) is it
neu e that su k co lon xon = if you really never do anything wrong

you mean not written by a vietnamese? found this in her hp. now dunno what to make of it also... she stay at bd btw.

anyways, lament, thanks so much for your help!

lament
13-05-2011, 12:44 AM
you mean not written by a vietnamese? found this in her hp. now dunno what to make of it also... she stay at bd btw.

anyways, lament, thanks so much for your help!

confirm not by vietnamese but also confrim from a guy ....sentence structure very broken with no proper linkages ...

ky cuc is the equivalent of strange .... a real vietnamese will only use the work "ky" which can equate to different from others.

could be from a bf...

what you doing sneaking into her hp ....my gf always chides me for knowing too much vn ....no secrets she can hide ha ha ..

this is one reasons why many are careful when they are around me ......

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 12:51 AM
confirm not by vietnamese but also confrim from a guy ....could be from a bf...

this guy who send this sms to this vb is kana KC-ed big time

bro 8fdjf934ms, are you also kna KC-ed big time until you need to check the sms in the vb HP?

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Next time at Joo Chiat, I will keep a lookout for a young, handsome chap carrying a bag. Then I will invite him for a drink, and asked him to sing for me 'Cau Vong Khuyet'!!

he don't sing this song. I am the one who sing this song :)
but too may people sing liao... i need to find new song to sing laio :p

haha_123
13-05-2011, 01:04 AM
the last time her handphone was spoilt after we had a big quarrel and she threw the phone in a fit of anger, she ask me to buy her one of those $30 plus nokia handphone for her.

Bro, tat's why I say that u r a very lucky man. Nowadays most VBs will want nothing less than an iphone.

Bro, can u share with us how u managed to pick up and learn tieng Viet?

jackbl
13-05-2011, 01:24 AM
he don't sing this song. I am the one who sing this song :)
but too may people sing liao... i need to find new song to sing laio :p

Bro haha_123, I can also sing this song. But as wat KT said too many sang this already, not unique :D Wat song u wan to hear?

8fdjf934ms
13-05-2011, 07:30 AM
confirm not by vietnamese but also confrim from a guy ....sentence structure very broken with no proper linkages ...

ky cuc is the equivalent of strange .... a real vietnamese will only use the work "ky" which can equate to different from others.

could be from a bf...

what you doing sneaking into her hp ....my gf always chides me for knowing too much vn ....no secrets she can hide ha ha ..

this is one reasons why many are careful when they are around me ......

wah... like that i got a lot of things to ask her liao. she always see my hp. so i also always see hers. confirm is not vietnamese hor? how to tell her i know it's not vietnamese person ar? cannot say sentence structure right? i also only know simple sms.

this guy who send this sms to this vb is kana KC-ed big time

bro 8fdjf934ms, are you also kna KC-ed big time until you need to check the sms in the vb HP?

why kanna kc? means that have a relationship already? or she tell me just play play with him then he fall in love with her wtf.
she also check my phone so i think it's fair mah.

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 08:29 AM
she tell me just play play with him then he fall in love with her wtf.
she also check my phone so i think it's fair mah.

does it occurs to you that she also play play with you?

zhu star
13-05-2011, 09:13 AM
This is one of the reasons why few have stayed by my side for long ...

I guess I was quite lucky to meet my current girl ..ultra non-materilistic.

When I went back to visit her over new year, I spend 6 days with her and spend less than $250. She is one of those who hate shopping and like to stay at home ..... even in sillypore we hardly go anywhere, most of the time we just laze in the hotel.........

its always important to find someone who loves us more than we loved them ...its not easy to find one ....this is why I only prefer northern girls now, I had dated 3 and was stuck to 2...

She got younger sister or not? If got, can introduce?:)

Thank you very much in advance

jackbl
13-05-2011, 09:20 AM
She got younger sister or not? If got, can introduce?:)

I thou u shd ask whether there is older sister or not? Younger sister is for us :D You are older bro to Boss Lament so u shd take her older sister :D

AdGuy
13-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I thou u shd ask whether there is older sister or not? Younger sister is for us :D You are older bro to Boss Lament so u shd take her older sister :D

He doesnt want to pj you.

zhu star
13-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Change of taste:p Anyway, no young old oso can:p BTW you planing to go Hilltop during HH?

jackbl
13-05-2011, 09:32 AM
you planing to go Hilltop during HH?

Today's BBQ by my Forum boss is postponed :( High chance I can go out at 4pm.... If there is a leader to org I will join, but it must be economic. Anything more than $40 is expensive. Any updates pls SMS me. I got no internet access.

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Change of taste:p Anyway, no young old oso can:p BTW you planing to go Hilltop during HH?

Today's BBQ by my Forum boss is postponed :( High chance I can go out at 4pm.... If there is a leader to org I will join, but it must be economic. Anything more than $40 is expensive. Any updates pls SMS me. I got no internet access.

I suggest to carrot kor kor about Hilltop for today activation since my firned give good FR. Now you guys also going... HH some more. How to compete with you guys??

zhu star
13-05-2011, 09:42 AM

My old time friend and customer is always interested to visit this ktv becoz our office is just across the road. If you don't mind joining us then I will let you know if we going later. As for cost, it should not be a problem.

I suggest to carrot kor kor about Hilltop for today activation since my firned give good FR. Now you guys also going... HH some more. How to compete with you guys??

No competition lah, I only interested in the mummy. You guys can take all the rest of the girls.

AdGuy
13-05-2011, 10:13 AM

High chance i can go out at 4pm too. Haha.

Can count Me in?

AdGuy
13-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Looking for 4 strng men to Cheong the hilltop today for hh.

Pm Me by 2pm and i'll try to book.

lament
13-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Bro, tat's why I say that u r a very lucky man. Nowadays most VBs will want nothing less than an iphone.

Bro, can u share with us how u managed to pick up and learn tieng Viet?

thanks ....

like i said to many ...I went for an utterly useless 10 basic vietnamese lesson and got ridiculed by some friends for not speaking properly ...

I had the opportunity to work there for a while and over time pick up the language plus the fact that the last 10 years, I only drink saliva of vb...

lament
13-05-2011, 10:53 AM

he is my grandfather ........not brother ...

anyway my girl is the youngest and all her sisters are married with kids ....

lament
13-05-2011, 10:56 AM
My old time friend and customer is always interested to visit this ktv becoz our office is just across the road. If you don't mind joining us then I will let you know if we going later. As for cost, it should not be a problem.

No competition lah, I only interested in the mummy. You guys can take all the rest of the girls.

how come never invite me .......:mad:

zhu star
13-05-2011, 11:44 AM
he is my grandfather ........not brother ...

anyway my girl is the youngest and all her sisters are married with kids ....

I not that old, still have not take my CPF.......

how come never invite me .......:mad:

Don't need to scold me lah, I will ofcos jio you when the time is ripe especially after all your kind help:D

jackbl
13-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Huhuhu.... no phone call from you yet :( Lidat I need to look for alternative plan :( If not today will be damn boring if u dun plan ahead... sure very pack on friday afternoon/night in most KTVs :(

zhu star
13-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Huhuhu.... no phone call from you yet :( Lidat I need to look for alternative plan :( If not today will be damn boring if u dun plan ahead... sure very pack on friday afternoon/night in most KTVs :(

Sorry,:o still waiting for cfm from customer.

VietnamLover
13-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi bros, I need help for translation of this message. I understand some parts and don't understand the other parts. Thanks.

Anh dung wa si tinh ma ko nhan ra dau la tinh yeu chan that. Em biet la co nhung dieu em noi voi anh la co loi voi em gai cua em, nhung vi em thay men anh nen em moi noi thoi. Va em cung khuyen anh nen kiem che long minh cho it ngay nua coi sao.

volcano
13-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Nowadays most VBs will want nothing less than an iphone.

i am the one using iphone....my wife use my old nokia N81....:)

lament
13-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi bros, I need help for translation of this message. I understand some parts and don't understand the other parts. Thanks.

Anh dung wa si tinh ma ko nhan ra dau la tinh yeu chan that. Em biet la co nhung dieu em noi voi anh la co loi voi em gai cua em, nhung vi em thay men anh nen em moi noi thoi. Va em cung khuyen anh nen kiem che long minh cho it ngay nua coi sao.

do believe that the the feelings are true. I know that certain things that if I tell you then I am doing my sister wrong but because I do feel for for thats why I said. I also advise you to give ourselves time the decide.

KangTuo
13-05-2011, 03:25 PM
do believe that the the feelings are true. I know that certain things that if I tell you then I am doing my sister wrong but because I do feel for for thats why I said. I also advise you to give ourselves time the decide.

how can you go MIA from here? many bro will need you here :)
VietnamLover sms-ed me and ask me to translate, but I go :confused::confused::confused:

VietnamLover
13-05-2011, 03:41 PM

Thanks for your help in translating this message. Earlier, I was not sure of some words such as 'wa si tinh ma ko nhan ra dau', 'thay men' and 'long minh'. Once again, thanks a lot.

VietnamLover
13-05-2011, 04:46 PM
How about this? I do not understand the words in bold. Thanks in advance. :o

Em ko biet noi sao voi anh nua day, vi anh dang yeu biet dau anh nghi em noi xau anh minh nua, that su la em muon giup anh thoi, anh nho dung noi Thu biet nhe neu ko em va em gai lai tro mat voi nhau. em mong anh du sang suot de tinh.

lament
14-05-2011, 12:56 AM
How about this? I do not understand the words in bold. Thanks in advance. :o

Em ko biet noi sao voi anh nua day, vi anh dang yeu biet dau anh nghi em noi xau anh minh nua, that su la em muon giup anh thoi, anh nho dung noi Thu biet nhe neu ko em va em gai lai tro mat voi nhau. em mong anh du sang suot de tinh.

dang yeu biet dau = in love know pain
xau anh minh nua = lie to you (should be xao anh minh nua)
lai tro mat = at loggerheads
du sang suot de tinh = ?? but hope you find love in your life....

this girl is a bloody good sister to betray her friend...typical working girl who like to destroy happiness that she cannot get .....

guess she likes you !!!!!!

lament
14-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Thanks for your help in translating this message. Earlier, I was not sure of some words such as 'wa si tinh ma ko nhan ra dau', 'thay men' and 'long minh'. Once again, thanks a lot.

men = strong emotional bond
long = heart
nhan ra = sms out

jackbl
14-05-2011, 01:43 AM
1)Anh dung wa si tình ma ko nhan ra dau la tinh yeu chan that.

2)nhung vi em thay mến anh nen em moi noi thoi.

3)Va em cung khuyen anh nen kiềm chế long minh cho it ngay nua coi sao.

1)do believe that the the feelings are true.

2)but because I do feel for for thats why I said.

3)I also advise you to give ourselves time the decide.

I have interpreted differently:

1)You don't be too MADLY in love and not see what is true love

2)but becos I like/fond of you so I say

3)I also advise you should restrain your heart wait for some times to see how.

Bro VietnamLover, I advise you to use dictionary to find out more about words that you dun know... Since your nick is VNlover, then u must have more motivation to learn TV than us :p

VietnamLover
14-05-2011, 09:33 AM
this girl is a bloody good sister to betray her friend...typical working girl who like to destroy happiness that she cannot get .....

guess she likes you !!!!!!

That girl who smsed me is my girl's married cousin. Just that she is trying to help me about her younger cousin. :o

Hurricane88
14-05-2011, 09:46 AM
That girl who smsed me is my girl's married cousin. Just that she is trying to help me about her younger cousin. :o

bro...caution dun play family or cousin sis...just frenly advice...:)

AdGuy
14-05-2011, 10:27 AM
bro...caution dun play family or cousin sis...just frenly advice...:)

As the saying goes, dun eat and shit in the same place

jackbl
14-05-2011, 12:14 PM
when vietnameses are rich, they are fxxxing rich :cool:

Price storm in no way hurts the rich
==========================================
VietNamNet Bridge – In Hanoi, luxurious shopping malls are still crowded, while luxurious items are still selling well. Many Hanoians still do not change their shopping habit, though many other people have to curb expenses.

While common people are trying to fasten their belt and stay at home instead of going shopping on weekends, which has made markets and shops deserted; high income earners still flock to high grade shopping malls, where luxurious products are displayed.

Luxurious hotels on Ly Thai To, Dinh Tien Hoang streets and luxurious shopping malls namely Parkson or Vincom are still full of visitors every day.

Ha, a securities investor, who was seen considering a Gucci brand handbag, said that the handbags worth tens to hundreds of millions of dong are still within her reach. Sometimes Ha and her friends go together to luxurious shops to buy some products to diversify her handbag collection.

“The price storm has not come here,” says a cashier at Parkson shopping mall on Thai Ha street. “The customers here still “throw money over the window”. They can spend tens of hundreds of millions dong at once. You know, the number of visitors increases by 10-15 percent this month”.

At Vincom Center on Ba Trieu street; a man was seen paying 43 million dong to buy a pair of glasses which were introduced as imports from Japan.

The saleswoman at Vincom Center said that most of buyers are Vietnamese people. She explains that foreigners do not come to Vietnam just to buy glasses. As the products become much more expensive after they are taxed when entering Vietnam, foreigners buy the products in their home countries already. Meanwhile, such luxurious products are favored by Vietnamese high income earners, who believe that imports are always better than domestically made products.

“The pair of glasses worth 43 million dong are made of precious materials, while buyers get the two-year guarantee worldwide. Branded goods always have sky high prices,” the saleswoman said.

Meanwhile, luxurious restaurants have still been living well, because their main customers – high income earners, have not been hurt by the price storm. The menu of a luxurious restaurant on Le Thai To street shows that a ration of abalone for two is priced at 1.4 million dong, while a bowl of shark’s fin soup is sold at 1,320,000 dong. It is estimated that a party here for six people would cost ten million dong.

Hoa, the receptionist of the restaurant, has affirmed that the restaurant has been always crowded. Hanoians like organizing family parties at the restaurant. “Many of our customers are loyal customers,” Hoa said, adding that tens of millions of dong prove to be not big sums of money for high income earners.

Especially, the manager of the restaurant has revealed that the number of customers has increased by 20-30 percent recently.

The Capital Garden Hotel has become famous as Hanoians flock there every day to enjoy a special pho (noodle soup), called “noodle soup with Kobe beef”. Despite the exorbitant price of the special pho, at 850,000 dong per bowl, and the threat from the radiation leak in Japan, Hanoians still spend money on this pho, which is 40 times more expensive than the normal pho.

Meanwhile, outbound tours still can attract a lot of travelers. Phung Don, a member of Ngoi Sao Dai Duong Travel Firm, said that “more and more travelers book outbound tours, and that Ngoi Sao Dai Duong had to stop accept bookings on April 19, because of the overly high demand.”

The people, who still spend money on luxurious items in the context of an economic downturn, said that using branded goods is a kind of … earning money.

Hung, who likes wearing Calvin Klein clothes, said that clothing and style are the two important things for him in negotiating with partners. Therefore, Hung feels better in luxurious clothes. In fact, the money Hung can earn is much higher than the sums of money he spends on the luxurious clothes.

Ha, who purchased a Gucci brand handbag worth 20 million dong, said that as the stock market remains lackluster, Ha’s income is not really good. However, using branded goods has become a habit which she cannot give up.

“When using branded goods, you will feel more self-confident,” she said.

Source: VnExpress, Tien phong

AdGuy
14-05-2011, 01:30 PM
men = strong emotional bond
long = heart
nhan ra = sms out

My intepretation of nhan ra is to 'realize' :o

AdGuy
14-05-2011, 01:32 PM
when vietnameses are rich, they are fxxxing rich :cool:

Been meaning to ask you.

Where do you find so much time to learn viet, translate viet, cheong viet, talk viet, read viet, :D

jackbl
14-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Been meaning to ask you.

can rephrase your question? My english level has dropped :(

jackbl
15-05-2011, 12:08 PM
If your BX/GF is going to do this, please warn them .......

Beauty salons offering illegal breast implants
=============================================

Though the Ministry of Health has banned private establishments from offering breast implants, many in Hanoi are ignoring the law.

Nguyen Viet Cuong, the chief inspector of the Hanoi Department of Health, said the department has recently discovered many beauty salons offering cosmetic services in Hanoi that are violating the law.

Two beauty salons, one on Xa Dan Street and the other on Le Van Huu Street, advertised modern breast implant procedures despite the law against it.

Dr. Bach Minh Tien, head of the plastic surgery of the Vietnam-Cuba Hospital, said there have been several reported deaths after breast implant surgery in Hanoi and HCMC over the last five years.

Many customers who received treatment at unlicensed beauty salons had to go to his hospital to fix the faults made by these establishments, he said.

“The private beauty salons are only permitted to offer simple cosmetic treatments like eyelid tattoo or lip tattoos,” he said.

Those who do offer more simple cosmetic surgery still need a permit. One beauty salon on Nguyen Hong Street advertised eyelid and lip tattoos and liposuction even though it has not been granted a permit from the Hanoi Department of Health.

Cuong said five beauty salons were fined VND27 million for advertising services that they have not been registered with the authorities.

Tien said customers should only receive cosmetic surgery and treatments at accredited and licensed plastic surgery departments.

In early April, a woman died after a breast implant surgery in a private beauty salon in Hanoi.

jackbl
16-05-2011, 02:20 AM
This is a good site for beginner to start their 1st lesson :D

http://learnviet.blogspot.com/

jackbl
16-05-2011, 09:26 AM
English skills remain elusive for graduates
=============================================
Talking to foreigners is a good way to improve English

Though I am a businessman, I am also concerned about education, especially the teaching of English in Vietnam.

Many international schools and universities have mushroomed in Vietnam in the last five years.

They often charge very high tuition fees. However, those who choose to study there usually have plans to study abroad, join an international company, or work overseas.
Meanwhile, though English is taught at all levels in many Vietnamese high schools and colleges, students still cannot speak the language after graduation. Why is that?

If you observe carefully, you will notice that the syllabus is repeated almost every year in schools with the same basic grammar, leaving students bored. For example, they learn passive voice in grade eight and again in grades 10 and 12. When they enter college, they have to learn English from the beginning.

How wasteful is it? Is it not better to design a syllabus that covers all grammar points and emphasizes conversational skills?

These ineffective English programs in school leave Vietnamese graduates frustrated when they have to take an English interview or talk to foreigners. As a CEO, I sometimes interview candidates and realize that not many Vietnamese can satisfy the demand for good language skills.

Despite being busy with my schedule, I decided to organize an English speaking club in a café to provide students a chance to practice with native speakers. I hope this will enable young Vietnamese to improve their English.

Richard Donarski (CEO at Nam Khoi FPE)

FireShark
17-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Happy Vesak Day to all Bros here

Seem like I need to polish up vietnamese languages as there are more and more difficults words which i didn't seen before.

AdGuy
17-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Gentle reminder...

President Ho Chi Minh turns 121 on 19-May (Thurs). have you bought a present yet?

For more nonsensical tweets... please follow me on @learnviet_ :D

lament
18-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I have interpreted differently:

1)You don't be too MADLY in love and not see what is true love

2)but becos I like/fond of you so I say

3)I also advise you should restrain your heart wait for some times to see how.

Bro VietnamLover, I advise you to use dictionary to find out more about words that you dun know... Since your nick is VNlover, then u must have more motivation to learn TV than us :p

we all learn from each other, my interpretation is based more on memory and not thru use of any dictionary so I may not always be right 100% of the time.

jackbl
20-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Vietnamese language won’t become extinct
================================================== =====
I am Czech but I speak Russian as fluently as my mother tongue. Besides, I also speak German, English, French, Korean and Vietnamese. Having learned Vietnamese for 50 years, every time I open a Vietnamese book to read I still find a word I do not know in every 2-3 sentences because Vietnamese vocabulary is very large.

Like the Vietnamese, we Czechs used to worry that our mother tongue was being corrupted. We wanted to claim an important position in Europe and always compared ourselves with neighboring countries like Germany, France or England. We used to focus on preserving the purity of our language and try to eliminate the use of any words of foreign origin in our language. We even created new words in Czech, words that no one wanted to use, and removed familiar, commonly used words which have their origins in German.

Nowadays in Vietnam, foreign words like “teen” or “catwalk” are more frequently used than their Vietnamese equivalents. However, the choice of words depends on each person’s social position, whether they are young or old, students or businessmen. Hybrid words are only popular among a certain group of people in the society and we do not know whether those words are here to stay. As a result, we should not worry about changes in our mother tongue. What matters is that we should know which position we are in to select the appropriate words to use.

Losing one’s mother tongue is a great concern of people in many countries. However, just think, if there are 86 million Vietnamese in the country and a few million more living overseas, why fear the language should become extinct? This could only happen to Vietnamese communities overseas who are surrounded by stronger communities speaking different languages. Vietnamese expats can forget their mother tongue if their family do not create an environment for them to practice the language. Then, they will use two or three languages at the same time to express their ideas.

Vietnam, like other countries, is influenced by external factors. However, globalization is an exchange of economic and cultural values rather than an invasion of the mother tongue. In a country where there are still people aware of preserving their language and culture, there is no need to fear the impact of globalization at all.

*Russian-Czech Professor Ivo Vasiljev was a translator of many Vietnamese literary works into Czech, including President Ho Chi Minh’s poem collection, Prison Diary, in 1985. He is a member of the European Language Association and Czech-Vietnam Friendship Association.

jackbl
21-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Strange news..............

An Giang: Disintegrated body in 43 years
VietNamNet Bridge – The body of Mr. Dinh Cong Hao, who died in 1968, doesn’t disintegrate. His family put the body into a coffin with a glass cover and placed the coffin in their house for 43 years.

Mr. Hao was born in 1951. He died in 1968, at the age of 17. After he died, his body got dry and did not disintegrate. His family therefore; put the body into a coffin with a glass cover and placed the coffin in their house since then.

The body is now maintained in an ancient house of over 100 years old of Mr. Dinh Huu Tri, Hao’s younger brother, in Phu Loc hamlet, Phu Thanh commune, Phu Tan district in the southern province of An Giang.

According to An Giang Online Newspaper, Hao was handsome and could write poems. At the age of 10, he caught a mysterious disease, which made him to be unable to sleep or eat. Since then, he got skinny. His family invited many doctors but all of them refused to cure.

Hao died in December 1968. He was buried in his family’s field. However, four days after his death, a doctor came to his house. He regretted not quickly visit Hao’s home to save the boy. He confirmed that Hao’s body was not “dead” and urged the family to dig up the tomb to see.

Hao’s father did not sleep for one night, to think about the doctor’s advice and he decided to dig up the tomb. It was true that Hao looked fresh like a sleeping boy. The family took the body home.

Mr. Dinh Huu Tri, Hao’s younger brother, said: “At that time, I was 13. When my father took brother Hao’s body home, many people came to see. The local authorities also sent five doctors to my house, including a foreign expert, to see the body. They only said that my brother was dead, but they did not know why his body did not disintegrate and smell.”

“It was very strange that after three weeks, his body was still soft. My father dripped several drops of coffee into his mouth and the coffee went into his stomach. My cousin even poured nearly 3 liters of water into his mouth and the water also went to his stomach, and it did not run out of his body”.

Tri said that the family did not do anything with the body and it has been kept untouched for 43 years.

This is a special case that needs scientific research.

Thu Hoa

deptrai4u
21-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Strange news..............

An Giang: Disintegrated body in 43 years
VietNamNet Bridge –
Tri said that the family did not do anything with the body and it has been kept untouched for 43 years.

This is a special case that needs scientific research.

Thu Hoa

This is NO MYSTERY....

That boy ate too much pho bo since he was young. As u know, Pho Bo in Vietnam contains too much perservatives.. they use the same cheapskate preservative they bought from China, exactly what people used to perserve a DEAD human body from decomposing too fast at the funeral. So this boy at so much that it has a permanent effect on him.

When u die and if u want to be like him, eat pho bo 3 times a day.. for 10 years.. and u will be another "special case that needs scientific research"!

jackbl
21-05-2011, 10:13 AM
When u die and if u want to be like him, eat pho bo 3 times a day.. for 10 years.. and u will be another "special case that needs scientific research"!

Sorry i dun like vn food :D Since u been to vn so many times and shd hv eat a load vn food, then you will be next up for research in sgp :p Chao anh :)

deptrai4u
21-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry i dun like vn food :D Since u been to vn so many times and shd hv eat a load vn food, then you will be next up for research in sgp :p Chao anh :)

no no, its not VN food that is the culprit.. just the Pho and the Bun only... they used a lot of perservatives so that they can mass produce a lot at a go and keep long long to sell over many days! The rest of the VN food has other issues... long story...

Anyway, i usually eat at home but if have to eat outside, i will eat at KFC. At most twice a week i eat at vietnamese restaurants outside.

Hurricane88
21-05-2011, 12:52 PM
no no, its not VN food that is the culprit.. just the Pho and the Bun only... they used a lot of perservatives so that they can mass produce a lot at a go and keep long long to sell over many days! The rest of the VN food has other issues... long story...

bloody hell...me eat alot of pho but not bo...:p