PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Viet sleep early but i not Viet mah....:p

Ya , tomorrow holiday and I am still working !

KangTuo
26-10-2011, 02:58 AM
You another sibei eng samster ! I thought viet all sleep early ?

go online to yahoo chat room and you will see if viet sleep early :D
cannot sleep can learn tv there :eek:

Viet sleep early but i not Viet mah....

today no one jio me go chiong i also cannot sleep early

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 03:11 AM
go online to yahoo chat room and you will see if viet sleep early :D
cannot sleep can learn tv there :eek:

Hehe , I got no time for this chat time , I thinking to ask brother hocsac teach me

haosac
26-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Haosac brother ! You got to teach me tieng viet ! Lol

Sure can. Must warn you I'm a lousy teacher though. Failed in teaching VNmese for a PRC last year :D

I also go monthly now

You meant you go VN that frequently:confused: or go JC? :D

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 04:51 AM
Sure can. Must warn you I'm a lousy teacher though. Failed in teaching VNmese for a PRC last year :D

You meant you go VN that frequently:confused: or go JC? :D

Go Vn ! So far so good ba , once a month not very frequent ba

jackbl
26-10-2011, 06:58 AM
i hang around at home :( super sianz....

I went home earlier, than means JC also sianzzz.....

jackbl
26-10-2011, 07:01 AM
next time go jc i buy u and anh jack beer!

That's the nicest thing!!! :D I also wan to find new teacher there :)

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 07:04 AM
That's the nicest thing!!! :D I also wan to find new teacher there :)

Wow , so early ?

jackbl
26-10-2011, 07:06 AM

Today I came back early. Sleep 3 hr and wake up to learn TV liao... u see my posting time u will know :)

jackbl
26-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Failed in teaching VNmese for a PRC last year :D

Please teach me. I will make u a proud teacher :D

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Today I came back early. Sleep 3 hr and wake up to learn TV liao... u see my posting time u will know :)

Hehe , seem like more brothers into tieng viet stuff .

I still haven't sleep yet , haiz .. Work .

Another 2 more project and I will take a break again to wet nam ~

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Please teach me. I will make u a proud teacher :D

And me too ! Should we form a class ? Hehe , I sure alot of ppl will be interested !

jackbl
26-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Hehe , seem like more brothers into tieng viet stuff .

U never spend enought $$$, u never drink enough saliva, u never failed enough r/s with VBs. That's why your TV not very good :D

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 07:15 AM
U never spend enought $$$, u never drink enough saliva, u never failed enough r/s with VBs. That's why your TV not very good :D

All my VB scare I learn TV , I learn abit nia they keep asking I learn from who .

You think asking brother haosac to start a class it a good idea ?

jackbl
26-10-2011, 07:43 AM
You think asking brother haosac to start a class it a good idea ?

We got diff needs. I wan to learn XNN TV. Who can teach???

V|ernar
26-10-2011, 07:59 AM

Hahaha , totally different that I want to learn

jackbl
26-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Vietnamese bánh mì makes stamp in the US
================================================== ==

VietNamNet Bridge – According to Restaurant News (USA), Vietnamese bánh mì (bread) has become a favorite food in the US.

Long before Chipotle’s ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen opened in September in Washington, D.C., with bánh mì as a menu cornerstone, the West Coast bánh mì chain Lee Sandwiches had been expanding rapidly, with 43 units and climbing. In New York, the 2-year-old Baoguette chain has plans to open its fifth location in a few weeks.

Earlier this year, Bun Mee in San Francisco debuted with a modern, fast-casual take on the sandwich. And next week, BONMi is scheduled to open in Washington, just a few blocks from ShopHouse.

The bánh mì is a traditional baguette sandwich prepared with a variety of proteins combined with crisp marinated or pickled vegetables and sometimes pâté and creamy mayonnaise or aioli. The Vietnamese-style baguettes typically are made from a mixture of rice and wheat flour, which offers a crispy crust and tender texture.

Previously available only in Vietnamese mom-and-pop restaurants, the sandwich also has become a frequent offering on menus across all segments, from New York fine-dining chef David Chang, who is often credited with inspiring the bánh mì craze in 2009, to the Nom Nom food trucks in Los Angeles and San Francisco.

These burgeoning bánh mì concepts, however, focus almost exclusively on the sandwich, along with a few Asian sides and salads, as well as Vietnamese-style coffee and desserts.

Chain officials maintain it’s a concept that will appeal to a broad audience in cities across the United States — especially as most bánh mì sandwiches provide a filling meal for less than $10.

One of the largest bánh mì chains in the US is San Jose, Calif.-based Lee’s Sandwiches, with 43 units in five states.

Lee’s was founded by a Vietnamese family that arrived in the US in the early 1980s and initially built a catering truck business. Company founder Chieu Le changed the family’s business name to Lee so it would be easier to pronounce.

In 1983, Le’s parents, Ba Le and Hanh Nguyen, started serving bánh mì sandwiches from a catering truck. It was such a hit that the couple opened their first brick-and-mortar location of Lee’s Sandwiches in San Jose. In 2001, one of their children developed a more Americanized, contemporary take on the family sandwich shop, serving as a model for Lee’s Sandwiches today, said Jimmy Le, also a son of the founder and the chain’s vice president.

Today, 37 of Lee’s locations are operated by franchisees, and the chain is growing. Thang Hoang, director of marketing, said another 15 are expected to open by the end of next year.

Michael Bao and his wife Thao Nguyen opened their first bánh mì shop in New York in 2009 at the height of the gourmet sandwich craze. The tiny 400-square-foot space had only a few counter seats and the menu was brief, with just a handful of bánh mì variations.

Now the couple has four locations in the city and plans to open two more before the end of the year. Their fifth unit, scheduled to open later this month, will be a relatively large 900 square feet.

Once the chain reaches 10 units, the couple plans to take the Baoguette concept outside New York, eventually even to Vietnam.

Vietnamese-American Denise Tran was studying to become a lawyer in New York when a bánh mì craze hit the city in 2009. After a trip to Vietnam to taste the real thing, Tran decided on a career change. She said she believed the bánh mì had potential.

Tran developed Bun Mee, a fast-casual bánh mì restaurant with a name that played on the phonetic pronunciation. Tran found a busy spot on San Francisco’s chic Fillmore Street, far from the Asian neighborhoods of the Tenderloin, which she felt would prove the concept’s crossover potential. The restaurant opened in April.

Knowing that Bun Mee is the first bánh mì experience for many of her customers, she designed a menu that offers both traditional and Americanized versions, such as the Sloppy Bun, with red curry ground beef, house garlic aioli, onion, cucumber, Thai basil and jalapeños — with the option of an additional fried egg.

The 1,200-square-foot space has only 16 seats, and Tran said about half of her business is takeout. Tran is looking for a second location in San Francisco, but her focus now is on perfecting operations as she readies for growth.

Her goal for the first year of operation is to reach $1.5 million in sales, which may be within reach following a rave review by the San Francisco Chronicle in September that specifically called out Bun Mee’s pork belly bánh mì. Tran also welcomes ShopHouse to the bánh mì niche.

Not far from ShopHouse in Washington, a group of investors is planning to open the first BONMi restaurant Oct. 17.

Another contemporary, fast-casual concept, BONMi will measure about 1,800 square feet with about 40 seats, but is designed to be scaleable.

Also going for a playful, phonetic spelling, BONMi’s menu will feature a variety of proteins, such as garlic-lemon grass chicken, pork meatballs, garlic-black pepper pork butt and brisket — many of which will be prepared with sous-vide techniques.

Vegetarians will also be able to choose from chile-garlic tofu or butternut squash bánh mì. Unlike many bánh mì shops, BONMi will not offer pâté as an option, instead focusing on other authentic ingredients.

Even with ShopHouse a short walk away, Kukuka said BONMi welcomes the attention its future competitor has brought to the bánh mì.

Restaurant News

jackbl
26-10-2011, 09:15 AM
How bad is the Vietnamese bad debt?
================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The hot credit growth, plus the bad credit management are the two reasons behind the increases of the bad debts.

The Vietnam Alternative Holdings (VAH), an investment fund with the estimated investment capital of 100 million dollars, managed by VietinBank Capital and Saigon Asset Management Corporation (SAM), is calling for capital. The investment fund plans to join the debt and asset trading market by the end of the year, when it would trade the debts of credit institutions.

“We plan to purchase bad debts of banks, then “renew” them for reselling,” said Nguyen Anh Tuan, General Director of VietinBank Capital.

“We plan to buy second-group and subsequent debts. However, we will also consider buying first-group debts, or the “good loans” whose owners want to sell to gather strength for other business deals,” he added.

According to the current standards, non-performing loans are classified into five groups, of which fifth-group debts are the worst.

With the bad debts on the rise, intermediary institutions like VAH would have many affairs to make.

According to the World Bank and the State Bank of Vietnam, the bad debt ratio of the whole banking system by August 2011 had reached 3.1 percent, higher than 2.16 percent by the end of 2010, while the figure may reach five percent by the end of 2011.

The bad debt ratio of state owned banks has increased by 66.18 percent in comparison with the end of 2010. Meanwhile, the figures were 44.29 percent for joint stock banks, 59.23 percent for joint stock banks and 100 percent foreign invested banks.

The noteworthy thing is that the credit growth rate is much higher than the capital mobilization and GDP growth rates, which leads to the higher liquidity risks. The outstanding loans increased by 32 percent in 2000-2010, while the mobilized capital increased by 29 percent, while GDP grew only by 7.15 percent during that period.

Experts say that with the GDP growth rate of 7 percent, the reasonable credit growth rate should be 14-20 percent which is low enough to not create “credit bubble” and high enough to avoid bad effects to the national economy.

Fitch Rating, S&P and Moody’s all have lowered Vietnam’s credit ratings for 2010, warning about the overly hot credit growth. The high lending growth rate is always associated with the high bad debt ratio and high risks for banking operation.

According to the State Bank of Vietnam, of the 2.5 percent bad debt ratio in 2010, 60 percent came from state owned banks.

Meanwhile, Vietcombank Securities Company has pointed out that there is a big difference in the debt classification method applied by Vietnam and the international practice. Therefore, the above said figures still cannot show an overall picture about the health of credit institutions.

According to the State Bank of Vietnam, the bad debt ratio of 3.1 percent in accordance with Vietnamese standards, is still within the safety line and remains controllable. However, experts say that if referring to international standards, the figure would be 13 percent which is really a worrying figure.

Analysts say a lot of banks have “played tricks” to hide their actual bad debts. Though the State Bank’s circular on debt classification shows the ways for banks to classify bad debts in accordance with both quantitative (article 6) and qualitative analyses (article 7), most of the banks ignore the article 7. To date, only BIDV, Agribank and Vietcombank have classified debts, referring to the article 7. It is because the classification in accordance with qualitative analysis would produce the bad debt figures which are 2-3 times higher than the other method.

The representative of the State Bank of Vietnam, in a recent meeting with commercial banks, revealed that the bank is compiling a new circular on debt classification which will replace the Decision 493 which has become out of date.

Source: TBKTSG

ilovedoggie
26-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm vietnamese ! and live in ho chi minh !
will teach girl for free hehe !

:eek::confused: but here are all bros who want to learn it for free. can compromise a little bit boh bro? please? :D

haosac
26-10-2011, 01:19 PM
I wan to learn XNN TV. Who can teach???

That I can't teach. I'm a very honest man:rolleyes:. I even dunno wat does xạo mean:rolleyes:, needless to mention about XNN :rolleyes:

haosac
26-10-2011, 01:41 PM
And me too ! Should we form a class ? Hehe , I sure alot of ppl will be interested !

Okay, we form a class. Location would be in JC, where the environment is suitable for studying VNmese in a high educational level:rolleyes: The 1st vocabulary lesson would be "các bộ phận trên cơ thể phụ nữ bằng tiếng Việt":rolleyes: There would be female teaching assistants to guide you through the lesson, and help you understand and memorize the words deeply:p. Who wanna join? :D

jackbl
26-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm vietnamese ! and live in ho chi minh !
will teach girl for free hehe !

Not many singaporean gals wan to learn TV. Sorry :(

jackbl
26-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Okay, we form a class. Location would be in JC, where the environment is suitable for studying VNmese in a high educational level:rolleyes: The 1st vocabulary lesson would be "các bộ phận trên cơ thể phụ nữ bằng tiếng Việt". There would be female teaching assistants to guide you through the lesson, and help you understand and memorize the words deeply:p. Who wanna join?

1st lesson : "Body parts of Vietnamese women"---- Lecturer HaoSac. Please register your interest.... Sir, u didnt put the date & time :D

haosac
26-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Not many singaporean gals wan to learn TV. Sorry :(

If there were sgp gals wanna learn TV, I bet this forum will be flooded by Viet guys offering the job lah:D

haosac
26-10-2011, 05:55 PM
1st lesson : "Body parts of Vietnamese women"---- Lecturer HaoSac. Please register your interest.... Sir, u didnt put the date & time

since you are the 1st who shows interest in the class and probably are the 2nd best in TV here (haha, apology for me being so bold to rank myself as the 1st in TV:rolleyes:. I'm noob in all the other aspects though, please teach:o), may I appoint you to be the class monitor, who will be in charge of organizing the class (time, date, exact place etc..) and also helping other class members in learning (not just TV) as you are no doubt very experienced:D Thank you :)

ilovedoggie
27-10-2011, 12:55 AM
since you are the 1st who shows interest in the class and probably are the 2nd best in TV here ...

i also very noob in all aspect including TV but can i offer myself to be an experimental subject with a real live VB when it comes to practical laboratory session? :D hic hic hic...

intoxicated316
27-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Okay, we form a class. Location would be in JC, where the environment is suitable for studying VNmese in a high educational level:rolleyes: The 1st vocabulary lesson would be "các bộ phận trên cơ thể phụ nữ bằng tiếng Việt":rolleyes: There would be female teaching assistants to guide you through the lesson, and help you understand and memorize the words deeply:p. Who wanna join? :D

Me me me!!! date time and venue??

jackbl
27-10-2011, 01:20 AM
If there were sgp gals wanna learn TV, I bet this forum will be flooded by Viet guys offering the job lah

i also very noob in all aspect including TV but can i offer myself to be an experimental subject with a real live VB when it comes to practical laboratory session? hic hic hic...

There will be a lot of guys offering themselves too :D U pay your own tuition fee while others will pay theirs :p So tonite, what have u learnt??? I felt my learning curve is not as steep as few years ago liao. Quite stagnant :(

jackbl
27-10-2011, 01:39 AM
since you are the 1st who shows interest in the class and probably are the 2nd best in TV here (haha, apology for me being so bold to rank myself as the 1st in TV. I'm noob in all the other aspects though, please teach. may I appoint you to be the class monitor, who will be in charge of organizing the class (time, date, exact place etc..) and also helping other class members in learning (not just TV) as you are no doubt very experienced. Thank you

I cannot be the 2nd best here... there are many good ones around, but they remain quiet quiet only. They have not SHOW HAND :D

Whoever interested to meet up with The Teacher himself please PM me with contact numbers. How about meeting up this Saturday for Chelsea vs Arsenal's match 745pm? I will count the strength and decide by Sat noon 12pm the "classroom", most likely at the Little Vietnam in singapore :D

KangTuo
27-10-2011, 04:10 AM

i thought you learned... :confused:

1st lesson : "Body parts of Vietnamese women"

only 3 parts that are interesting mah... what is there to learn :confused:

mieng
vu
chim

haosac
27-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Saturday for Chelsea vs Arsenal's match 745pm?
This sounds great. A must watch :D

Me me me!!! date time and venue??
This Sat, around 745pm, somewhere at JC. Please pm bro Jackbl with your contact number.

jackbl
27-10-2011, 08:50 AM
only 3 parts that are interesting mah... what is there to learn :confused:

Noted..... seems that u are not interested. Maybe this lesson is not that interesting at all .... To each his own :)

jf66312
27-10-2011, 10:02 AM
This sounds great. A must watch :D

This Sat, around 745pm, somewhere at JC. Please pm bro Jackbl with your contact number.

Noted..... seems that u are not interested. Maybe this lesson is not that interesting at all .... To each his own :)

can i sign up for the class too?
am keen to brush up my TV... :D

jackbl
27-10-2011, 10:18 AM

So u also interested.... I think I need to book a lab for this lesson, then we got plenty of time to sing sing sing on our own, no need to queue up. Most of the learning ground got no training shed, no lab, except here. 1 thing is that this lab only accomodate 6 males.... First come first serve.... We need to meet up earlier for registration at 7pm so that Lecturer will brief us before he conducts the practical :D

1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312

haosac
27-10-2011, 11:00 AM
i also very noob in all aspect including TV but can i offer myself to be an experimental subject with a real live VB when it comes to practical laboratory session? :D hic hic hic...

Sure can. Please join us. We need an enthusiast who willing to devote himself to the learning/experimenting with female teaching assistants :D

1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312

Welcome to join us jf66312 :D

vietnam80
27-10-2011, 02:01 PM
slowly little vn is going to shift loh.....:eek:

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/vietnamese-prostitutes-openly-prowl-chinatown.html

jf66312
27-10-2011, 02:08 PM
So u also interested.... I think I need to book a lab for this lesson, then we got plenty of time to sing sing sing on our own, no need to queue up. Most of the learning ground got no training shed, no lab, except here. 1 thing is that this lab only accomodate 6 males.... First come first serve.... We need to meet up earlier for registration at 7pm so that Lecturer will brief us before he conducts the practical :D

1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312

ok..roger..u have my number so just let me know..meanwhile i better go make some pre-arrangements so would not have a 5th time... :p

if not shall change my nick to pilot myself... :D

ilovedoggie
27-10-2011, 03:12 PM
So u also interested.... I think I need to book a lab for this lesson, then we got plenty of time to sing sing sing on our .............

1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312
4) doggie (tentatively)

yesterday layout was quite good. Bur if 6 ppl can we chop 3 tables? Then we can sing more songs.

jackbl
27-10-2011, 05:54 PM
yesterday layout was quite good. Bur if 6 ppl can we chop 3 tables? Then we can sing more songs.

I thou of booking a room in my homeground. Maybe the session can start from 6.30pm or earlier. We need 6 pax to share cost. Each abt $30. We can sing till we sore throat. U can't confirm huh?? If later the slot filled up then u will ......

V|ernar
27-10-2011, 08:35 PM

count me in if there is a lesson ~

ilovedoggie
27-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I thou of booking a room in my homeground. Maybe the session can start from 6.30pm or earlier. We need 6 pax to share cost. Each abt $30. We can sing till we sore throat. U can't confirm huh?? If later the slot filled up then u will ......

i won't kbkp a single word i promise :) but i will try my best to be there. my subjective probability tells me 80%. hehe :D

ilovedoggie
27-10-2011, 11:26 PM
ok i cannot make it on saturday. sorry :(

jackbl
28-10-2011, 02:59 AM

Can you join in? This saturday. Jc pub, not hcmc hor :D

Today I tried to go Tam Tam, during the 3 duration, I can only sing 1 round of songs.... so need to book a "lab" so that we can sing our heart out.....

TS, Bro AdGuy u wan to join???

KangTuo
28-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Can you join in? This saturday. Jc pub, not hcmc hor

Today I tried to go Tam Tam, during the 3 duration, I can only sing 1 round of songs.... so need to book a "lab" so that we can sing our heart out.....

why never ask me join? :p

today 2 pax booked a "lab" to sing for 4 hours. now sorethroat already.
1,100,000vnd include fruits, food and beer :D
learned few new songs but not available in sillypore :(

jackbl
28-10-2011, 10:17 AM
why never ask me join?

Please dun come here to disturb disturb when u are enjoying life in HCMC and hv the luxury of personal tutor :cool:

U are welcome to help us/me to translate ...... Now we found 1 good teacher here... I m going to dig out all those SMS that I dun know and seek his help liao.... U also help ok :D

V|ernar
28-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Can you join in? This saturday. Jc pub, not hcmc hor :D

depend on what time , do let me know

haosac
28-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Come, join us. If you really want to know more bout TV, I will use my lousy English to share my TV with you seriously
Btw, I like ur story on chatline girl, u r funny bro:D

jackbl
28-10-2011, 01:02 PM
We need to meet up earlier for registration at 7pm so that Lecturer will brief us before he conducts the practical....

1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312
4) shysaint
5) V|ernar

jackbl
28-10-2011, 01:25 PM
If you really want to know more bout TV, I will use my lousy English to share my TV with you seriously

Yeah, i want to know more... and it's now :D

This sms was sent to me dated 27/3/2010 .... I asked a Viet why she didnt work in the coffee shop already? Her replies :
"Tu tet den gio em nghi lam luon roi. Vi nhan vien lam viec 12 tieng, nha cua em o yishun xa lam. Nen luc can em thi Boss chiu cho em lam 10 tieng voi muc luong co dinh va cpf.

Can help to explain those words in red ? :) thanks in advance.

I guess : muc = mức = standard ; luong = lương = salary ; dinh = định = fix. But the whole sentence "muc luong co dinh"??? why got CO inside this sentence???

ilovedoggie
28-10-2011, 01:27 PM
1) Hosac
2) Jackbl
3) jf66312
4) shysaint
5) V|ernar

bro shysaint also go? huhuhu.... i cannot go... wasted... huhuhu.... :(

jf66312
28-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah, i want to know more... and it's now :D

This sms was sent to me dated 27/3/2010 .... I asked a Viet why she didnt work in the coffee shop already? Her replies :
"Tu tet den gio em nghi lam luon roi. Vi nhan vien lam viec 12 tieng, nha cua em o yishun xa lam. Nen luc can em thi Boss chiu cho em lam 10 tieng voi muc luong co dinh va cpf.

Can help to explain those words in red ? :) thanks in advance.

wuah...dtd 27/3/2010...more than a year ago... :eek:

anh bo thai ( not sure if i got the spelling wrong , basically it means i got nothing to say or too shock for words ) :p

haosac
28-10-2011, 03:04 PM
muc luong co dinh

I guess : muc = mức = standard ; luong = lương = salary ; dinh = định = fix. But the whole sentence "muc luong co dinh"??? why got CO inside this sentence???

You got it totally correct already. muc luong co dinh = mức lương cố định = fixed standard salary. The word "định" = fix cannot be used alone, unless you use "định" = plan. Must have "cố" or "đã" before "định" = fix. "cố định" ~ fixed (emphasise that the thing is unchangeable). "đã định" ~ fixed (not emphasise if the thing can change or not)

I think the problem is the sentence doesn't have tone sign, so it's more difficult to guess the word. If you don't find each single word (by using Vdict) making any sense, you may try to search for the combination words (in this case co dinh) by Google search, and see if it returns the possibility original words with sign (cố định) and then look that (or those, if Google returns more choices) up in Vdict again. I've just tried this method with only few words. This method will not work 100% though.

anh bo thai ( not sure if i got the spelling wrong , basically it means i got nothing to say or too shock for words ) :p

Haha, the meaning is correct, it's anh bó tay though :). "bó tay" = hands are tied ~ and thus leads to the meaning: nothing can do, nothing to say...

jackbl
28-10-2011, 03:23 PM
If you don't find each single word (by using Vdict) making any sense, you may try to search for the combination words (in this case co dinh) by Google search, and see if it returns the possibility original words with sign (cố định) and then look that (or those, if Google returns more choices) up in Vdict again. I've just tried this method with only few words. This method will not work 100% though.

If the words is without diacritics mark, i will not use Google translate. For this, use vdict better....

ilovedoggie
28-10-2011, 05:23 PM
wuah...dtd 27/3/2010...more than a year ago... :eek:

i really salute him for his spirit of learning and enthusiasm on TV and viet culture. :)

haosac
28-10-2011, 06:35 PM
If the words is without diacritics mark, i will not use Google translate. For this, use vdict better....
I meant using Google general search service, better to go to http://www.google.com.vn, as it's Vietnam search machine, it will show results with diacritics mark. Most times it will show the complete form of the words (and then you check the words with diacritics mark that Google search shown with Vdict again), sometime this might not help (I haven't encountered any yet though). For example, if you try co dinh, you will find a lot of cố định show up as results for Google search, and thus that is likely to be the possible complete form of the word. I have just tried this with quite a few more words (ví dụ, thiên tài, toàn năng, đã định, even some informal word like: dính chưởng, tinh tướng, etc.. you can try without diacritics mark and see if those words come up with the full sign like I listed here or try others words of your preference) the outcome is rather promising to me :). It's just that some times there could be more than one possibility and then you have to check each one with Vdict to see which one makes sense (for example: tuong tu, google vn will show a lot of tương tư, tương tự...)

I actually have just discovered this method, hope this could help bros here from đau đầu in guessing the words without diacritics mark:D

jackbl
29-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Is living in Vietnam really that cheap?
================================================== =

Dear readers,

It is good to see you again at the end of the week.

This week, we talked about an issue that most expats are concerned with both before and during their stay in Vietnam: cost of living.

Tomo Huynh, a software engineer, actually listed how much it really costs to live in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s biggest and probably most expensive city.

House rent is around US$200, a brand new bike goes for $800, bus rides are 10 cents, a Coke and a Vietnamese sandwich are both worth 50 cents, and the cinema charges $1.50 for a ticket, according to Tomo’s calculations.

The article has attracted several responses from Vietnamese who do not find living in the big cities to be cheap at all.

“It's cheap for foreigners only. For most of Vietnamese, whose average income is $150/month, it's not cheap at all,” wrote reader Thuy Vy.

“Most Vietnamese can't afford their bills. The market price keeps changing increasingly at high speed, and it never stops. It's not that cheap!” commented Trung Hau.

“It's only right for foreigners whose income is much higher than Vietnamese's. There is still a lot of people cannot cover their life cause of low income even though they've worked very hard,” remarked Tho Nguyen.

Reader Robert Fries also contributed his opinion, explaining that affluent expats are actually helping to push up prices for locals:

“Foreigners such as myself, even if we have a modest income by US standards, can live comfortably without so much struggle. Foreigners with a lot of money coming to live in Vietnam tend to raise the price of real estate, making it more difficult for the average Vietnamese to maintain their life style. I love Vietnam and wish to live in HCMC but do not wish to make things more difficult for citizens by driving up prices. It is a dilemma. Is there a solution?”

In another article, Tyler Watts, an American who lives with his family in Ho Chi Minh City, thinks that cost of living - whether cheap or expensive - really depends a person’s expenses:

“Talking about the cost of living is sure to draw equal passions for the average foreigner. State a price and you invariably have people on both sides to discredit you immediately, one claiming that the figures are far too short and another with the retort that the figures are far too ample”

Tyler thinks the cost of living in Ho Chi Minh City is both expensive and cheap, and it depends entirely on what individual people decide to spend.

“That’s not to say prices aren’t on the rise or that there aren’t places where it’s more or expensive, but as Graham Greene wrote, Ho Chi Minh City is a place where you can find whatever you are looking for,” he wrote.

Wherever you live, house rent accounts for a majority of living expenses. Searching for an ideal place to stay is not an easy thing to do, especially when you are an expat.
Zac Herman, an American living in Hanoi, tells us why he hasn’t found somewhere to move to after being shown one house after another.

“There’s a saying in America related to the success or failure of a piece of real estate, no matter what you choose to build on it: “Location, location, location”. That’s it. That’s my problem. I would go so far as to say that the unfortunate location of some of these beautiful apartments is absolutely tragic. It’s easy to see that the owners have spent thousands of dollars remodeling their apartments in the hope that it would be enough to compensate for the noisy streets, dirty food stalls, massage parlours, and dilapidated houses that surround many of these properties. While the interior of a home can be completely changed, the location of that home cannot be moved an inch.”

Angela Schonberg also encountered several problems during her hunt for an apartment in Ho Chi Minh City.

“Our new real estate lady took us to several units. The first was still being lived in, which made it very awkward for me. There were even two babies sleeping in the master bedroom when I wanted to look! The next unit was great and we said we were ready to move in, but there was a problem. Just minutes before we were shown the property was shown to us it was shown to another group. After some frantic phone calls by our lady we learned we were too late,” recalled Angela.

However, she is luckier than Zac, since she eventually found somewhere to settle down:
“Finally, we were shown a unit with a great view, plenty of room, and no one was currently living in it. The final price was right what I wanted to spend, $550 a month, plus the extra charge for using the gym, parking garage, and pool only came to $50 a person. I loved it and I put the money down that very day”.

What are your stories about living in Vietnam? To share your experience living here with us, send an email to [email protected]

Have a great weekend.

jackbl
29-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Sure???? True????

Cost-of-Living in Vietnam: It's Really Cheap
================================================== =====

So there's been a lot of chatter in the Saigon twitter community lately about the average income of Ho Chi Minh City and whether US$600/month can get you a decent middle-class lifestyle here.

This is what it costs to live in Saigon, Vietnam's (and all of French Indochina's) largest, busiest city and commercial center:

Housing

For about $200 a month I get a two-story house split into four rooms (plus bathroom) where I live and work. It's not downtown but I can get there in five minutes flat (I've timed it). I've paid less for accommodations but most foreigners pay more, while getting less. Any newcomer to Vietnam should first stay in temporary housing until they can find housing that isn't targeted/price/marketed at foreigners, unless you're an ex-pat whose company pays for housing (this is another reason why ex-pat housing prices are inflated).

On the other hand, many local Vietnamese would consider my house extravagant and expensive. But Vietnamese, like their American counterparts, seem to think that homeownership is a God-given right and normally buy instead of rent anyways. Families that establish themselves here will buy a home even if it means living in the suburbs. For me, given how cheap it is to rent versus buy property in the inner city, it makes no sense to buy. In the US it makes more sense because rent is higher compared to house prices. My rent here wouldn't make a dent in a mortgage payment, but then again most Vietnamese don't take out mortgages. They buy their houses in cash, or gold.

Transportation

Like many developed countries like Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, or most of Europe, car ownership is low here. The government is partly to thank for this because they tax imported cars 100%. Unfortunately, Vietnam's entrance into the WTO will change all that in a few years.

The way to get around in Vietnam is by motorbike. For $800 you can get a brand new Honda that will cost you three dollars to fill up once or twice a week. The streets of Saigon are jampacked with people who can not only afford motorbikes but who can afford fancy ones costing several times as much, up to $10000 after the government made high CC bikes street legal. To get a feel for how large the Vietnamese middle class is, one need only stand by the street and count how many automatic scooters go by.

Alternatively, one can flag one of the numerous taxis clogging the streets for about 50 cents (flag fall) or take a motorbike taxi costing 25 cents for short trips. Bus rides are 10 cents. The city bus takes you as far as the Cambodian border.

So for the price of insurance on a car in the states you can get around pretty economically here.

Food

This is a land where food grows in abundance. So much so that we export to neighboring countries like the Philippines which are in shortage. Food is cheap here.

For $1 you can get a bowl of phở which many people in the North eat for breakfast every day. A set lunch for office workers consisting of a rice dish with meat, some veggies, soup, and some fresh fruit and iced tea will set you back from $1 to $2. Getting a coke or coffee outside could cost you less than 50 cents, the same price as a Vietnamese sandwich. The bread alone, a Frenchi-ie sub-sandwich roll is only 10 cents. Still, many families prefer to save money by cooking at home and shopping at local markets instead of supermarkets. Every person in this city is within walking distance of a market.

A feast with friends outside with a few beers, maybe some seafood, may cost each of you $5. A Heineken is $1. Local beers are cheaper. Homebrewed is even cheaper still, perhaps 10 cents a glass. It's no wonder many foreigners come here and instantly become alcoholics.

P.S. You aren't expected to tip at restaurants.

Cigarettes are not food but they're also cheap. A pack of Marlboros is $1 unless you're the idiot coming up with numbers for Numbeo.com. Local brands are cheaper. You can also buy a single cigarette for a nickel.

Entertainment

Just sitting on the street in Vietnam is entertainment enough. But if you want to escape to the cinema in the afternoon it will cost you $1.50, more if you want to watch Avatar in 3D. A DVD at the shop is 50 cents. And I've always had HBO, Cinemax, and Star Movies at home for free, included in rent.

Taking the bus to the beach will cost you $3. Staying overnight will cost you $10.

Taking a bus into the highlands will cost a few bucks. A bus to Cambodia costs $10. And flights to places like Singapore or Bangkok are about $50 each way.

The End

I'm not a parent but I could easily fit a family of four in my house. I already have maid and laundry service ($36/mo) but in this hypothetical Vietnamese family the mother would stay at home whereas the hypothetical middle-class American mother would be put to work. The kids could go to public school or private school. Private high school in Vietnam averages $90/year and university tuition ranges from $100-$250 or much more for the dumb but wealthy kids.

The middle-class family in Vietnam has choices when getting around, whether by public transportation, private transportation, or hired transportation. They can live in a big city while living in a big home and can spend more time with their children and less time on household duties. They eat well, despite basically starving not many years ago, and have many choices when it comes to protein. And they can choose to send their children to private school, while many of their children even go study abroad. It's not a bad life, really, for $600/month.

And in the smaller cities in Vietnam, life's even cheaper.

UPDATE: Global oil prices have gone up and although the state subsidizes gas prices, they are still higher at the pump compared to before. Still, bus rides on the Saigon Bus are 3000 VND when you buy a 30-ticket book. That means for less than $5 you could ride the bus somewhere every day of the month. Think of it another way: You can ride the bus 7 times for a dollar. So if you take bus transportation into consideration when choosing a place to live you can save considerably.

* This article was first posted on the Saigonist blog owned by Tomo Huynh, a Japanese-born American software engineer who writes about technology and life in Vietnam.

Hurricane88
29-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Jackbl, thank you for posting such nice article to read.

Makes me more definite to retire in hcm.

jackbl
29-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Shoestring or Big Bling? Yes to both
================================================
Mention traffic in Vietnam to any expat and you assuredly will get a string of comments of disdain, a 10-fold solution for what could be done and an additional 15 part argument for why that solution will never work. Talking about the cost of living is sure to draw equal passions for the average foreigner. State a price and you invariably have people on both sides to discredit you immediately, one claiming that the figures are far too short and another with the retort that the figures are far too ample.

If I were to say that I eat for VND 30,000( US$1.5) for lunch everyday, there will be those who say VND100,000 is reasonable and those who will state (possibly with a wry smile of personal one-upmenship) that they eat lunch for VND15,000 everyday.

The truth is, the cost of living in Ho Chi Minh City is both expensive and cheap and it depends entirely on you (I imagine this could be really said for anywhere).That’s not to say prices aren’t on the rise or that there aren’t places where it’s more or expensive, but as Graham Greene wrote, Ho Chi Minh City is a place where you can find whatever you are looking for.

So whether it’s fine French cuisine in a riverfront villa or a stool that teeters on the edge of the traffic-laced street, there’s something for you. Whether you want a fully-serviced apartment on the edge of District 1 or a humble abode in an outlying district, you have your options. The best thing about Ho Chi Minh City is that you don’t have to choose just one side either.

That said, there are a few areas where I divulge from my pluralistic view of “It’s Up to You-nomics” above. Food prices are rising, gas and electricity have seen surges lately, but the area where high prices are most apparent has been chiefly in housing. While rent can vary from broker to district, I would say that there are still deals to be had and places where foreigners are clearly paying too much. But where it really is ridiculous is in housing sales.

The bubble that is the housing market, and by extension land as well, is an area where artificially high prices are rampant. By definition of lenders I believe I would be in the category of most eager buyers but the reality is I don’t want to borrow away my life for the privilege of a modest apartment in Binh Chanh or Cu Chi.

At the current rates, perhaps only the swamps of Can Gio are within my practical budget (and my dreams of being river pirate). As Ludwig von Mises says a boom like that, while every effort can be made to hold it up, is bound to collapse sooner or later and with recent news regarding housing and the property market I would wager it will be sooner than later.

jackbl
29-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Finding an Apartment in HCMC
==========================================
Recently the lease on the house I was renting in District 3 for $800 a month came to an end. I enjoyed my stay but the house had its share of problems during my stay, the downstairs flooded once and there was some construction kicking into high gear next door, and I decided that I would be moving on to greener pastures. The only problem was that I really hadn’t looked for my own place in the city before, as the house I was moving out of was found by one of my roommates before I arrived in the country. After figuring out what I was looking for, like the number of bedrooms I needed and how much I wanted to pay, it was time for me to do some investigating!

The first thing I did, something I probably do too much of, was to ask a Viet friend for help. She was more than happy to help me out and she came back the next day saying she had found the perfect place and, to top it off, it was the same size as my current house for $200 a month less! That night, I excitedly followed her to the house. Unfortunately, things that sound too good to be true usually are and the new house didn’t win me over. It was down a dark, narrow alley, surrounded by houses, and it had very few windows. It made me feel claustrophobic! My friend had been so sure that I would like it, I felt bad telling her that I wasn’t interested and I think that to this day she is still upset with me.

After that debacle I decided to give a real estate company a try. By this time, a few friends had heard I was looking and gave my number to their “guy” so I had a couple agents wanting to set up some viewings for me. This would be a new experience for me, as in the US we rarely have a real estate agent that helps with rentals. If you want to rent you have to do most of the leg work yourself and search listings online and in newspapers to find rentals. By this time I had thought I had decided I wanted to live close to District 1 so, the day before I was to look at places with my real estate guy, I decided to do some of my own leg work and look at a few of the places on my own to give myself, and the realtor, a better idea of where I was willing to live.

I was surprised that rentals closer to the city were so expensive. Maybe my rent price was skewed because a good friend had recently found a nice, 2-bedroom apartment in District 7 for an unbelievably low $500 a month, but places like the Manor and the Saigon Pearl were over twice as much! You’d expect that, with the higher prices you pay, that more would be included with your unit. However, the gyms and pools at these complexes are still extra, and expensive, costing nearly an extra $100 a month per person. After looking at units in several apartment buildings near downtown I decided that paying twice as much in rent wasn’t worth the ten-minute drive I’d be saving myself from.

Coincidentally, the moment I decided that it was Phu My Hung or bust, a friend mentioned that there were units available at an Apartment with a pool, a gym, and great views for around $500 a month. When we arrived at the complex I knew it was perfect but I still had to see units that were available. Our new real estate lady took us to several units. The first was still being lived in, which made it very awkward for me. There were even two babies sleeping in the master bedroom when I wanted to look! The next unit was great and we said we were ready to move in, but there was a problem. Just minutes before we were shown the property was shown to us it was shown to another group. After some frantic phone calls by our lady we learned we were too late.

This kind of problem is rare back home because, unlike Vietnam, when rentals are shown the agent usually has exclusivity, which means only one agent shows the property instead of every agent in Ho Chi Minh City. Finally, we were shown a unit with a great view, plenty of room, and no one was currently living in it. The final price was right what I wanted to spend, $550 a month, plus the extra charge for using the gym, parking garage, and pool only came to $50 a person. I loved it and I put the money down that very day. The apartment hunt was stressful, but everything worked out and I’m happy with my new home, and with the money I saved from moving out of downtown I can treat myself to a relaxing vacation!

jackbl
29-10-2011, 11:41 AM
HCMC also got flooding now and then..........

High tide floods several residential areas in HCMC
================================================== ===
High tide caused flooding in several residential areas such as Districts 2, 8, Thu Duc and Binh Thanh in Ho Chi Minh City Thursday.

Phan Dinh Phung Street in Phu Nhuan District, Luong Dinh Cua Street in District 2 and Ngo Tat To Street in Binh Thanh District resembled flowing rivers as they were submerged under 0.5 meters of floodwater.

Yesterday afternoon, the city Urban Water Drainage Company sent workers and 6 tankers to help release water from water pipes and block water pipes in Phan Dinh Phung Street in Phu Nhuan District. However, water from the Nhieu Loc-Thi Nghe canal continued to overflow on to the street, inundating it even further.

Other roads in areas like ward 22 and 28 in Binh Thanh District, Hiep Binh Phuoc and Hiep Binh Chanh ward in Thu Duc District faced a similar situation.

High tide is badly affecting the lives and daily activities of city residents.

According to the southern Hydro Meteorological Centre, high tide levels will touch 1.57 meters at the Phu An Station on the Saigon River and Nha Be Station on Dong Dien River by October 28.

The Ho Chi Minh City Steering Committee for Flood and Storm Prevention has asked the district people’s committees to be prepared and alert, especially in highly vulnerable locations which may get inundated by floodwaters such as in Districts 12, Binh Thanh, Thu Duc, Go Vap, Binh Chanh, Cu Chi and Hoc Mon.

Le Hoang Quan, Chairman of the city People’s Committee directed the Steering Committee for Storm and Flood Prevention, the Department of Transport and the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development to focus on maintaining the dykes, keep a check on the irrigation, environmental sanitation projects, construction sites and drainage works in the city.

He also asked relevant departments to relocate households from high-risk landslide prone areas to safer zones.

By D.Ly – Translated by T.Huong

lovesprout
29-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Just came back from my vacation and it looks like we got a new teacher here. Can I ask some questions here? Below is a conversation between two ladies:

A: 15k gì đấy con kia mày còn nợ chị vụ mày đi làm tháng lương đầu mà mày bùng nhá. con ác độc

B: 15k tien danh lo ma chi cu doi em mai ay. thoi sang tuan lam bua di nang! nho nha.

What does this conversation mean? Thanks in advance.

jackbl
29-10-2011, 05:28 PM
A VB sms to joke with me. See anyone catch the joke:

A Jack dang lam gi? Di ia chua? Nho di ia rua dit sach nhe hahaha...!!

jackbl
29-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Got this SMS when using sim card in Vn.... New words for learning opportunity.

Tai khoan goc cua Quy khach hien tai chi con duoi 1000d. Quy khach vui long nap them tien vao tai khoan de su dung dich vu. Xin cam on!

carmeo88
29-10-2011, 08:21 PM

Bro make sure your ass really tip top clean or VB run far far away.lol

jackbl
30-10-2011, 04:09 AM
How is Vietnam’s Internet speed: 374 Kbps, 1.7 Mbps or 9.79 Mbps?
================================================== ========

VietNamNet Bridge – The reports on the Internet speed of the countries in the world show different figures and rankings.

The US Pando Networks has released its latest report on the global Internet connection speed which shows that the average download speed in the world is 580 Kbps.

The survey conducted by the US company gives rankings to 224 countries in terms of Internet connection speed and the proportions of successful downloads. The results were announced based on the data collected from 27 million downloads with the total capacity of 35 Petabyte. The survey was carried out on 20 million computers in the period from January to June 2011.

The report shows that South Korea is the country which has the fastest Internet connection speed at 2202 Kbps. Romania has been named as the country with the second fastest Internet connection speed, 1909 Kbps on average.

Also according to Pando Network, Vietnam has the average Internet connection speed of 374 Kbps, the highest in South East Asia and the third highest in Asia.

Other South East Asian countries have lower Internet speed than Vietnam’s. Thailand’s speed is 268 Kbps, the Philippine’s 213 Kbps, Indonesia 129 Kbps, and Singapore’s 335 Kbps.

The other two Asian countries which have faster Internet speed than Vietnam are South Korea (2202 Kbps) and Japan (1364 Kbps).

However, Akamai’s Internet speed report for the second quarter of 2010 showed different figures. The report said that the average speed in Vietnam is 1.7 Mbps, which is lower than the world’s average level of 1.8 Mbps. With the result, Vietnam ranks the 32nd out of the 50 surveyed nations.

If comparing with other South East Asian countries, Vietnam’s Internet speed is lower than Thailand’s (2.9 Mbps), Singapore’s (3.1 Mbps), and higher than Malaysia’s (1.19 Mbps), the Philippines’s (0.9 Mbps) and Indonesia’s (0.63 Mbps).

Vietnam has been found as having 70 percent of network connections with the speed of 256 Kbps to 2Mbps, while only 2 percent of connections having the speed higher than 5 Mbps.

Akamai’s global Internet report for the first quarter of 2011 does not mention Thailand and Vietnam. However, analysts have pointed out that the average Internet speed of Malaysia and Singapore have increased to 1.6 Mbps and 4.2 Mbps, respectively.

Meanwhile, if referring to NetIndex, the website which shows the measurement result of Speedtest.net, the download speed in Vietnam is now staying at 9.79 Mbps, putting Vietnam on the 39th position among 180 nations worldwide, while the upload speed is 5.47 Mbps, ranking the 22nd out of 180 nations.

The result was announced after the surveyors considered 365,631 Vietnamese IP addresses. Hanoi has been found as the locality with the highest download speed in Vietnam (10.08 Mbps), followed by HCM City (9.16 Mbps) and Can Tho City (6.55 Mbps).

Also according to Speedtest, in Hanoi, CMC’s network has the fastest download speed (16.64 Mbps), while VNPT’s (the Vietnam Post and Telecommunication Group) is 15.6 Mbps, higher than that of FPT (10.35 Mbps).

Meanwhile, in HCM City, CMC’s speed is the highest (28.19 Mbps), followed by EVN Telecom’s and FPT Telecom.

Vietnam has appeared in the list of the countries which have the highest growth rates in Internet development in the world. According to internetworldstats, in the 10-year period of 2000-2010, the number of Internet users increased by 12.035 percent, or 100 times, while other regional countries, which are believed to have impressive growth rates, only got the 10 fold growth rate during the same time.

Meanwhile, the report by VNNIC, the Vietnam Internet Center, shows that by the end of 2010, Vietnam had had 26.8 million Vietnamese people using Internet, or 1/3 of the Vietnamese population.

A report by Cimigo, a market survey firm, has pointed out that most of Internet users are young people, but the number of middle aged people using Internet has also been increasing very rapidly.

C. V

jackbl
30-10-2011, 12:37 PM
An encouragement SMS from a VB.... I told her I seen/knew a lot of VBs working in JC. Mostly come here for $$$ and will "chop" man like carrot. Have many magic stances to "trick" men :D === Dated 7/5/2011

E noi a nghe... K phai cgai nao cung giong nhau het dau a. A dung co suy nghi cgai vn la k tot. Co nguoi tot, nguoi xau. A cung dung de qua khu xen vao hien tai. Bay gio a dang song o hien tai a phai nghi den tuong lai dung nhin lai qua khu, dung de qua khu lan ap cuoc song moi cua a. A hay mo rong long minh de don cuoc song moi, tinh yeu moi vi tuong lai van con o phia truoc... doi a!

Hi bros, maybe u can use it to send to a VB to encourage/motivate her, if she has a failed relationship in vn/sgp.... change the word a -> e ; e -> a. cgai -> ctrai , etc ...... Good Luck!!! :)

jackbl
30-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I meant using Google general search service, better to go to http://www.google.com.vn, as it's Vietnam search machine, it will show results with diacritics mark. Most times it will show the complete form of the words (and then you check the words with diacritics mark that Google search shown with Vdict again), sometime this might not help (I haven't encountered any yet though).

I actually have just discovered this method, hope this could help bros here from đau đầu in guessing the words without diacritics mark:D

Hi bro, I have used this method for the above SMS that I posted. Yes, it is useful to check the words that I dun know. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

jackbl
30-10-2011, 12:47 PM

Chao Anh! Long time no see.... Your TV improved alot... Having vietnamese wife really help you to improve ha :D :) ;)

jackbl
30-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Got a PM from a member here : Ok. 1 chut nua e voi ban di chug dc k?

Anyone can help? Just try out... if u are wrong, it's ok :)

lovesprout
30-10-2011, 04:55 PM

"Wait a moment, I and you go together, can?"

o chug = o chung (together)

haosac
30-10-2011, 05:23 PM

I don't get this. She meant "di ia" = do smt dirty/naughty?

New words for learning opportunity.

Tai khoan goc cua Quy khach hien tai chi con duoi 1000d. Quy khach vui long nap them tien vao tai khoan de su dung dich vu. Xin cam on!

Are you giving exercises for other bros here? Cause these are simple for you already :)

haosac
30-10-2011, 05:36 PM
A: 15k gì đấy con kia mày còn nợ chị vụ mày đi làm tháng lương đầu mà mày bùng nhá. con ác độc

B: 15k tien danh lo ma chi cu doi em mai ay. thoi sang tuan lam bua di nang! nho nha.

What does this conversation mean? Thanks in advance.

Bro, tis one difficult lei. I can only provide you the tenor of the conversation

A: eh you, 15k what? you still haven't celebrate your 1st month salary with me. you cruel (kidding with her friend)

B: you keep asking me for that (only) 15k to play lô (kind of illegal lotto in VN). ok, next week we go for one meal, girl! don't forget.

V|ernar
30-10-2011, 09:29 PM
thanks to bro jackbl making a success gathering and dont know from where dig out a VB for me .

turn out to be a uni student and learn a few years english , which she agree to be my teacher for 15 days !

going to learn how to speak , advance lesson will learn from bro haosac when i return from oversea !

jackbl
31-10-2011, 12:04 AM
thanks to bro jackbl making a success gathering and dont know from where dig out a VB for me .

turn out to be a uni student and learn a few years english , which she agree to be my teacher for 15 days !

I'm no OKT! I think she see u Dep Trai that's why she comes in and asked u.

Wow what type of lessons she's teaching you???!!! :D

jackbl
31-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Are you giving exercises for other bros here? Cause these are simple for you already :)

These are some SMS I got from VB, etc. I think worth sharing and at the same time let those bros in the basic level practise/gauge their standard :D

jackbl
31-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Bro, tis one difficult lei. I can only provide you the tenor of the conversation

After seeing these sentence I felt that my TV is nothing..... cant understand a bit.... :(

jf66312
31-10-2011, 09:11 AM
These are some SMS I got from VB, etc. I think worth sharing and at the same time let those bros in the basic level practise/gauge their standard :D

yup..gd idea...mine guess even lower than basic level..haha...

lovesprout
31-10-2011, 10:25 AM

A: eh you, 15k what? you still haven't celebrate your 1st month salary with me. you cruel (kidding with her friend)

B: you keep asking me for that (only) 15k to play lô (kind of illegal lotto in VN). ok, next week we go for one meal, girl! don't forget.

Thanks. They are indeed very difficult, that is why I asked for help here. :D

After seeing these sentence I felt that my TV is nothing..... cant understand a bit.... :(

Same here, I can understand less than 10% when I first saw it. TV is very difficult le.

haosac
31-10-2011, 10:56 AM
advance lesson will learn from bro haosac when i return from oversea !

Bro, the gal in red is it? She said she wanna learn Chinese. I think you might have some fun Chinese teaching stuffs with her as well.

And I guess most advance lessons you'll learn from tat hot teacher already :D

V|ernar
31-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Bro, the gal in red is it? She said she wanna learn Chinese. I think you might have some fun Chinese teaching stuffs with her as well.

And I guess most advance lessons you'll learn from tat hot teacher already :D

oh ya , she told me that .. she is a smart person . after this trip to singapore , she will go back to vietnam to learn chinese .

V|ernar
31-10-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm no OKT! I think she see u Dep Trai that's why she comes in and asked u.

Wow what type of lessons she's teaching you???!!! :D

TV lesson ~ i not interested in her la , my number 1 , 2 , 3 already give me alot of headaches .. i learn til i can speak TV like you , then i consider ok liao ~ XD

Honey Boon
31-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I tot I was the one drag her in and sent her to your sides :p .....

same like bro Jack, I am not a OKT also :D

going to learn how to speak , advance lesson will learn from bro haosac when i return from oversea !

V|ernar
31-10-2011, 01:27 PM

hehe , thanks ~

ilovedoggie
31-10-2011, 02:47 PM
huhuhu... i miss the lesson... huhuhu...:(

anh jack can organize one more sometime soon?:D

i need some teachers to speak TV with me... bcuz my spoken TV cmi...:(

RJ2004
31-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't get this. She meant "di ia" = do smt dirty/naughty?

making a joke out of shitting la, not very formal vietnamese...

jackbl
31-10-2011, 05:19 PM
anh jack can organize one more sometime soon?

i need some teachers to speak TV with me... bcuz my spoken TV cmi..

The school we went last week is having end-of-year term break. Should be around 2-3 weeks :( So now we need to find other schools for our lesson... This task will be assigned to --------> ilovedoggie :) :D

ilovedoggie
31-10-2011, 09:08 PM
The school we went last week is having end-of-year term break. Should be around 2-3 weeks :( So now we need to find other schools for our lesson... This task will be assigned to --------> ilovedoggie

:eek: alamak! punishment for missing the lesson? huhuhu... principal jack pls relieve me from this disciplinary action :D

but i'm interested to try out the lab facility at west side, not the bowling side, the country club side. :D

ilovedoggie
31-10-2011, 09:10 PM

bro honeyboon, there's no okt involved. only got principal jack to help assign good teacher to us.:D maybe u can be vice principal :D

jackbl
01-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Another negative report.....

不站街,越南妹拉客新招,跳上德士,直接问德士司机要不要开房!

来自越南的流莺,过去都是站街拉客,但有德士司机向《联合早报》爆料,最近发现越南妹出现拉客 的新招数。

兼职德士司机黄先生(46岁)说,越南妹会像一般乘客站在路边召德士,但一上车和德士司机闲聊后,却露出“ 真面目”,开门见山问德士司机需不需要性服务,还开出价钱。

黄先生上周就在布业中心载到这样的越南妹。

他说:“越南妹说要到菜市,还说反正已是凌晨2时,问我要不要去开房?”

他说,越南妹大多到酒廊和卡拉OK找顾客,站不成后转而尝试向德士司机招生意,有的开价达15 0元。

也有德士司机说,一些越南妹一上车就和德士司机打情骂俏,下来就直接进入“正题”,邀司机去开 房。

V|ernar
01-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Another negative report.....

不站街,越南妹拉客新招,跳上德士,直接问德士司机要不要开房!

来自越南的流莺,过去都是站街拉客,但有德士司机向《联合早报》爆料,最近发现越南妹出现拉客 的新招数。

兼职德士司机黄先生(46岁)说,越南妹会像一般乘客站在路边召德士,但一上车和德士司机闲聊后,却露出“ 真面目”,开门见山问德士司机需不需要性服务,还开出价钱。

黄先生上周就在布业中心载到这样的越南妹。

他说:“越南妹说要到菜市,还说反正已是凌晨2时,问我要不要去开房?”

他说,越南妹大多到酒廊和卡拉OK找顾客,站不成后转而尝试向德士司机招生意,有的开价达15 0元。

也有德士司机说,一些越南妹一上车就和德士司机打情骂俏,下来就直接进入“正题”,邀司机去开 房。

It a bad news for you but it a good news for me ... Hehe .

When ICA start to ban more viet come in , we will raid their home ground and gain upper control !

Honey Boon
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
then you better your attendance once the next lesson starts :D

bro honeyboon, there's no okt involved. only got principal jack to help assign good teacher to us.:D maybe u can be vice principal :D

jackbl
01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi all Sifu, need your help. SMS with a VB and she ask me A, I reply B. She writes: A dung noi chuyen LANG voi e. E chi hoi a that long sao a k tra loi.

May I know what's Lang? I used HoSac's method to check google.com.Vn but can't find matching word.

KangTuo
01-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Hi all Sifu, need your help. SMS with a VB and she ask me A, I reply B. She writes: A dung noi chuyen LANG voi e. E chi hoi a that long sao a k tra loi.

I guess she ask you don't change topic... :D

from vdick
lảng = to slip away; to sneak away
nói lảng = to turn conversation

MiniHawk
01-11-2011, 09:37 PM

from vdick
lảng = to slip away; to sneak away

She say east, you say west keep changing topic......

jackbl
01-11-2011, 11:56 PM

She say east, you say west keep changing topic......

Thank you sifu :) I used vdict in handphone so the option/result is not wide enough. When i used vdict in computer then i found the meaning.... :)

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 01:01 AM
lao gor told me today there's a news about a VB died in a water tank at woodlands. i saw it on wan bao yesterday or this morning i think... i forgot. maybe this is will diffuse the negativity of VB. when somebody dies at least ppl will start to pity them :D

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 01:04 AM
then you better your attendance once the next lesson starts :D

yes i will. in fact anh jack is planning for the next lab session soon. :D

nice to meet u just now :)

jackbl
02-11-2011, 01:24 AM
yes i will. in fact anh jack is planning for the next lab session soon.

Sorry hor, u will be the organiser of the next lab session.... but the trip to WEST side is very difficult, not many students stay in the west :D

jackbl
02-11-2011, 03:48 AM
lao gor told me today there's a news about a VB died in a water tank at woodlands. i saw it on wan bao yesterday or this morning i think... i forgot. maybe this is will diffuse the negativity of VB. when somebody dies at least ppl will start to pity them :D

兀兰组屋今晨发生骇人命案,一名女郎离奇坠楼,一丝不挂倒卧组屋楼下,送院4小时后抢救不治。

命案发生在凌晨2时左右,地点是兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。

坠楼惨死的女郎,已证实是来自越南的Truong Thi Ngoh Anh,26岁,持社交准证入境。

根据《联合晚报》了解,死者不住该处,已不是第一次来新加坡。

死者坠楼时一丝不挂,她在巨响中落在距离小水沟旁,顿时血如泉涌,相当骇人。

警方到场调查时,发现案子不单纯,于是一再扩大封锁范围,刑事侦查局和法证科人员也陆续赶到现场,查案人员 个个如临大敌般,神情凝重,现场气氛非常紧张。

lavenderss
02-11-2011, 05:21 AM
hen ban bua nao di means what

jackbl
02-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Gay and afraid
=========================

Gay community wants to end discrimination that pushes them to margins of society

Members of www.gioihan.net, a forum for gay men, during a charity mission in HCMC. Gay men in Vietnam complain they face heavy discrimination, much at the hands of their own families.

Le Son, 25, keeps his old skirt as though it was treasure.

He had it made to compete in a beauty contest for the male gay community in Ho Chi Minh City when he was 19.

Son will never forget the moment at a HCMC market when his mother, who had never accepted him as a homosexual before, took him to a cloth shop and bought materials for him to make the skirt with.

The vendor asked who the skirt was for and Son said he felt an indescribable happiness when his mother pointed to him and replied: “It’s for my daughter.” She then showed him the best place to get the garment tailored.

“Her support and words made me know that she accepted my sexuality,” Son recalled. “I had never expected her to change her attitude toward me. I was very happy and wanted to laugh aloud in happiness at that time.”

Son said his mother now teaches him how to do make up. He loves making up his face when going out with friends. Previously he had made up as a girl in secret before going out.

“But she sometimes found me making up my face,” Son recalled.

Neighbors often tease his mother when she takes his hands and feet for a massage. She explains to them that he is her youngest daughter, so she has to pamper him.

Son is now happy to live with his real identity and share it with his mother.

But the mother and son were not always so close.

Neighbors discovered Son was gay when he was 13 and they teased, insulted, and even beat him for behaving “like a girl” rather than a man.

Son’s mother felt ashamed any time she heard neighbors gossip and spread rumors about him. She beat him and told him to be strong and behave like a man. His parents refused to support him with money, even for school. So he had to start working for himself and he went through several odd jobs before becoming a prostitute.

Son said his gay friend Luat had suffered even worse violence.

“His parents locked him in his room and invited a doctor to treat him, because they thought he had a mental problem,” said Son. “Luat ran away from home and shared house with me and friends in District 7.”

The group of roommates participated in a fashion show for gay man to feed themselves.

Later, Son’s mother began to understand that homosexuality didn’t mean a horrible life. She saw that many of her son’s peers in the neighboring were not gay but led terrible lives that ended in drug abuse and AIDS.

In the end, Son feels he is a lucky man.

Brutality

Lam Thanh Vinh, 33, struggled to hold back the tears as he discussed his personal life.

In high school, Vinh was an excellent student but he was often bullied by his classmates. In one particularly bad incident, a group of kids chased him and pulled off his pants, claiming they wanted to check if he was really a man or a woman.

Then his parents heard he was gay.

“My mother did not say anything,” Vinh remembered. “She went straight home and got a rod to beat me. She cried.”

Vinh’s parents later locked him to the staircase with a chain for 19 days. The chain was long enough for him to go to a nearby toilet, but he had no food, no way to bathe and had little water to drink. They said they wouldn’t release him until he agreed to return to the family as a man. He was released when he promised to change his behavior.

“My mother cried a lot at that time,” said Vinh, who was then forced to get married and then divorced.

His parents have since renounced him and he hasn’t heard from any of his family members in too long to remember.

Vinh now lives an independent life and does social work to help at-risk gay men.

Sadness in numbers

According to a recent survey conducted by the Center for Creative Initiatives in Health and Population, most homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals in Vietnam face discrimination and are often exposed to violence from their parents and family members.

Hoang Tu Anh from the center said violence was so popular against LGBT (lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals) that many suffer from mental problems due to abuse at the hands of family members.

Reports of physical violence include beating, binding, and starving, while emotional abuse ranged from private groundings to public insults. Many young gays and lesbians are still forced to marry members of the opposite sex, she said.

According to a survey carried out by Institute for Studies of Society, Economy and Environment (ISEE), roughly 47 percent of homosexuals surveyed said they did not admit publicly that they were gay because they were afraid of discrimination, and nearly 40 percent said they kept their sexual orientation a secret because they did not think their families would accept the truth.

Nearly 80 percent of parents told ISEE that they would be upset if they discovered their children were gay or lesbian.

By Nhat Truong, Thanh Nien News (The story can be found in the October 21st issue of our print edition, Thanh Nien Weekly)

jackbl
02-11-2011, 09:32 AM
E giu trinh tiet tho chong, chang phai a noi neu co duyen e va a se gap nhau means what

vietnam80
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Not die in water tank lei bro....die in tank is the maid de....the VB jump and die from level 6....i live the opp block only wor....:eek:

jackbl
02-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Not die in water tank lei bro....die in tank is the maid de....the VB jump and die from level 6....i live the opp block only wor....:eek:

See my report above : 命案发生在凌晨2时左右,地点是兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。

jf66312
02-11-2011, 09:38 AM
See my report above : 命案发生在凌晨2时左右,地点是兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。

another sad case.... :(

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
another sad case.... :(

seems like VB have the behavior of jumping off from a building naked :D besides cat-cu-ing their bad bf.

haosac
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
E giu trinh tiet tho chong, chang phai a noi neu co duyen e va a se gap nhau means what

I save my virginity for my husband, didn't you say if we have fate, you and I will see each other again.

Bro, where did you get this? :)

vietboy
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM

can i join in the next session?
trying to learn more TV.
:)

vietboy
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I save my virginity for my husband, didn't you say if we have fate, you and I will see each other again.

Wa, Bro JackBL, fresh meat leh. where u find one? care to share with us here? :D

jf66312
02-11-2011, 01:28 PM

once again proven bro Jackbl is one of the KC kings... :D

lavenderss
02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
e moi ngu day met qua means what?

deptrai4u
02-11-2011, 02:22 PM
e moi ngu day met qua means what?

i just woke up and feeling very tired {due to whole night of fucking....}

shysaint
02-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Next Session :confused: :p

shysaint
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Must be from VB lah ...

shysaint
02-11-2011, 02:30 PM

Very familiar hor this sentence :D

lavenderss
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
gap you de lam gi?

shysaint
02-11-2011, 02:51 PM
i just woke up and feeling very tired {due to whole night of fucking....}

hahahhahahah ... got that extra sentence meh :confused: :eek:

Honey Boon
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM
sad to read this news ..... RIP ...

兀兰组屋今晨发生骇人命案,一名女郎离奇坠楼,一丝不挂倒卧组屋楼下,送院4小时后抢救不治。

命案发生在凌晨2时左右,地点是兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。

坠楼惨死的女郎,已证实是来自越南的Truong Thi Ngoh Anh,26岁,持社交准证入境。

根据《联合晚报》了解,死者不住该处,已不是第一次来新加坡。

死者坠楼时一丝不挂,她在巨响中落在距离小水沟旁,顿时血如泉涌,相当骇人。

警方到场调查时,发现案子不单纯,于是一再扩大封锁范围,刑事侦查局和法证科人员也陆续赶到现场,查案人员 个个如临大敌般,神情凝重,现场气氛非常紧张。

Honey Boon
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
yes, nice to meet you too... hope to catch up with you, my fellow country man.

but hor... lab is closed now, you need to find a new lab for us soon :D

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Must be from VB lah ...

Tell them u r her future ox lor... So it's the right person to lose her virginity to hehe... Comfort her that everybody's first time is a bit painful one hehe...

Some vb think they r damn Chio and a lot of guys like them.so they like to up their price and act tao... I buay tahan this type.:mad::D

Honey Boon
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM
doggie doggie.... everybody is waiting for your organisation of next lesson hor :D:p

Next Session :confused: :p

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
but hor... lab is closed now, you need to find a new lab for us soon :D

I have my old lab arnd the west side.wonder if the lab assistants there are still good. A group of 4-5 is preferred.

Anh jack pls assist! :D

shysaint
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I have my old lab arnd the west side.wonder if the lab assistants there are still good. A group of 4-5 is preferred.

Anh jack pls assist! :D

okie onz ... doggie ... arrange tonight for lab session .. :p

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 03:17 PM
doggie doggie.... everybody is waiting for your organisation of next lesson hor :D:p

Lol! Wah Lao pressure sia... :D

lavenderss
02-11-2011, 03:21 PM
gap you de lam gi means wat

jf66312
02-11-2011, 03:32 PM

if i also onz...will u have more pressure?:p

shysaint
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM

gap : See

You : ??? You or Breast

lam gi : Do what ?

shysaint
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Doggie ...

Waiting Anxiously for your COnfirmation Tonight :eek:

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 05:48 PM
wah so many ppl onz?!

1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) shysaint
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

west side says need 4 towers for one big room... :(

anh jack any place for suggestion? :D

*stressed*

shysaint
02-11-2011, 05:51 PM
wah so many ppl onz?!

1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) shysaint
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

west side says need 4 towers for one big room... :(

anh jack any place for suggestion? :D

*stressed*

COnfirm PLs called me ... doggie i Pm yuou my number .... jackbl got my number ...

not enough people i can jio .... 1 or 2 more ...

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
COnfirm PLs called me ... doggie i Pm yuou my number .... jackbl got my number ...

not enough people i can jio .... 1 or 2 more ...

1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) shysaint
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

saturday nite ok? anh jack say west side mid size room can fit in 8 ppl. 8 ppl split out one pax arnd $38(2 towers + mummy tips) exlcuding your vb tips.

KangTuo
02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) shysaint
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

saturday nite ok? anh jack say west side mid size room can fit in 8 ppl. 8 ppl split out one pax arnd $38(2 towers + mummy tips) exlcuding your vb tips.

auto inclusion by doggie... :eek:

shysaint
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) shysaint
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

No Worries .. you all ENJOY ..... Please keep 1 or 2 SYT(s) for me hor ...

I am flying off to See my No.1 & No. 2 on Friday MOrning and will be back on the 7th late afternoon ....

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
1) doggie
2) jack
3) KT
4) jf66
5) LUGI Where are you??? :D
6) honeyboon
7) ???
8) ???

MON nite ok?(weekend got soccer) anh jack say west side mid size room can fit in 8 ppl. 8 ppl split out one pax arnd $38(2 towers + mummy tips) exlcuding your vb tips.

bro shysaint cannot make it on sat.:( huhuhu...

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
auto inclusion by doggie... :eek:

yes! hehe... i learnt from jackbl one...

No Worries .. you all ENJOY ..... Please keep 1 or 2 SYT(s) for me hor ...

I am flying off to See my 2 Sweeties on Friday MOrning and will be back on the 7th late afternoon ....

no worries bro. there's always chance. enjoy your trip :)

shysaint
02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
no worries bro. there's always chance. enjoy your trip :)

any outing pls SMS me .. no worries :D

jackbl
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
yes! :)

Who say I wan go Westside??? I low budget one so can't go West. Now SC not sure about it's quantity and quality of gals. Big risk!

V|ernar
02-11-2011, 09:04 PM
After learning 3 hrs tieng viet , toi met moi nhieu lam , lucky my teacher ask a batch of VB to eat with me and insist of paying ( well of coz didn't let her )

I calling time out for tomorrow , must rest or else can't go in brain , I wonder how bro jack and hurricane learn it ... So tired .. So many word can link together and form another word !

Hurricane88
02-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I calling time out for tomorrow , must rest or else can't go in brain , I wonder how bro jack and hurricane learn it ... So tired .. So many word can link together and form another word !

practised makes perfect...drink more saliva and conquer more holes...really no shortcut...me still P1 standard...:p

V|ernar
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Friday she say teach me the viet nam ABC ... Nightmare !

ilovedoggie
02-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Who say I wan go Westside??? I low budget one so can't go West. Now SC not sure about it's quantity and quality of gals. Big risk!

u dont want to go then i don't know where to go already.:( i agree also west side is not pocket friendly. wait till your homeground revive and when bro shysaint is back?

next session to be adjourned? :D

V|ernar
02-11-2011, 10:51 PM
nhung hok ngu chung voi em na hjchjc .

can someone explain this ? and pls break it down so i can learn .. serious i dont really understand this ...

KangTuo
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
nhung hok ngu chung voi em na hjchjc .

can someone explain this ? and pls break it down so i can learn .. serious i dont really understand this ...

nhung = but
hok = khong = no
ngu = sleep
chung = together
voi = with
em = me
na = an exclamation just like lor, leh...
hjchjc = crying

KangTuo
02-11-2011, 11:32 PM

gap : See

You : ??? You or Breast

lam gi : Do what ?

i will translate before deptrai do it again..

see you for what (see you, you got give money or not?) :)

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 12:10 AM
nhung = but
hok = khong = no
ngu = sleep
chung = together
voi = with
em = me
na = an exclamation just like lor, leh...
hjchjc = crying

thank you ~ another one trying to chui pattern with me ~ lol

deptrai4u
03-11-2011, 12:14 AM
i will translate before deptrai do it again..

see you for what (see you, you got give money or not?) :)

You the GOOD!!! Keep it up... we should focus more on this type of translation rather than learning the dau!!!

lavenderss
03-11-2011, 04:03 AM
anh di uc nho mua qua cho em means?

volcano
03-11-2011, 04:42 AM

u go Australia remember to buy present for me.

deptrai4u
03-11-2011, 08:00 AM

No no no, the correct translation is as follows:

You go Australia remember to buy me presents {and if all the presents add up to more than US$200, u may get a free fuck if I am in very good mood, but if no presents at all or cheapsake present, then you will not be in my priority list anymore and stop wasting my fucking time!}

jackbl
03-11-2011, 08:39 AM
越南女裸死追踪,警方从现场带走食用油、香烟、单人床褥,协助调查,死者生前疑遭性虐。

根据《新明日报》昨日报道,这起案件发生在昨天凌晨2时许,地点在兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。死者东蒂 伍安(26岁,Truong Thi Ngoc Anh),被发现时一丝不挂,倒卧在组屋楼下血泊中,事后紧急送院,却因伤重而宣告不治。单位里头的一名3 0来岁男子相信与此案有关。

据悉,死者前晚在如切一间酒廊,与一名30来岁男子结识后,便被带回兀兰的住家进行交易。岂料,在凌晨时分 ,死者却突然爬出窗外,坠楼惨死。

据观察,警方人员封锁现场调查14小时,并带走了三四瓶食用油、单人床褥、香烟、枕头等证物共 20箱。

根据记者观察,有两油瓶是空的,另一瓶则用一半,还有一瓶看起来只用了一点,一般家庭鲜少储备这么多食油, 而香烟则有四五包之多。

一般相信,死者由于抗拒遭性虐,在情急之下,死者无法穿上衣物,只能用双手拿走个人物品如手提袋、手机、内 衣等,便慌忙逃跑,岂料却坠楼惨死。而她被性虐的工具,有可能就是食用油和香烟。

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM

anh = you

di = go

uc = ( sorry i dont understand this )

mua = buy

qua / qua tang = gift

cho = give or for

em = her

it actually not so hard to learn to read , it really hard to speak ~

ilovedoggie
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM

You go Australia remember to buy me iPhone 4S nha!

iPhone become very hot recently although siri cannot understand tieng Viet.

One vb bug me buy iPhone 4 for her recently. I said can :eek::p

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 12:27 PM

i just tell them i dont know tieng viet , anh khong hieu ~

Honey Boon
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
what a sick man! :mad:

一般相信,死者由于抗拒遭性虐,在情急之下,死者无法穿上衣物,只能用双手拿走个人物品如手提袋、手机、内 衣等,便慌忙逃跑,岂料却坠楼惨死。而她被性虐的工具,有可能就是食用油和香烟。

haosac
03-11-2011, 01:04 PM
what a sick man! :mad:

What did he do? Could someone tells me what's the article about please? :)

RJ2004
03-11-2011, 01:18 PM
What did he do? Could someone tells me what's the article about please? :)

Here's the news in Vietnamese for you http://2sao.vn/p0c1048n20111102093021692/co-gai-viet-chet-loa-the-o-singapore.vnn

RJ2004
03-11-2011, 01:20 PM

you know, if you buy the cheap fakes ones from china that runs android, some of them can't tell the difference :p

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM

about the death of fallen naked vietnam lady , police department had bought back some cooking oil , cig , single bed mattress . police believe the lady was been SM .

根据《新明日报》昨日报道,这起案件发生在昨天凌晨2时许,地点在兀兰73通道第686B座组屋。死者东蒂 伍安(26岁,Truong Thi Ngoc Anh),被发现时一丝不挂,倒卧在组屋楼下血泊中,事后紧急送院,却因伤重而宣告不治。单位里头的一名3 0来岁男子相信与此案有关。

according to the new , this case was happen during 2am , at woodlands 73 street block 686B , the lady name truong thi ngoc anh , age 26 . was found naked laying down under the block , she was send to hospital but fail to be save . a 30 year old man was suspected to be involved with this case .

据悉,死者前晚在如切一间酒廊,与一名30来岁男子结识后,便被带回兀兰的住家进行交易。岂料,在凌晨时分 ,死者却突然爬出窗外,坠楼惨死。

the lady was working in a pub at joo chiat and get to knew the man whose is around 30 plus year old , later on was brought back to his house for paid sex , during midnight time , the lady suddenly climb out of the window and fallen to death .

据观察,警方人员封锁现场调查14小时,并带走了三四瓶食用油、单人床褥、香烟、枕头等证物共 20箱。

the police cease the place for 14hrs and bought back 3 to 4 bottle of cooking oil , single bed mattress , cig and pillow which round up around 20 boxes .

根据记者观察,有两油瓶是空的,另一瓶则用一半,还有一瓶看起来只用了一点,一般家庭鲜少储备这么多食油, 而香烟则有四五包之多。

the reporter saw 2 bottle of cooking oil is empty , 1 bottle use half and 1 bottle seem to be use little . normal household will keep or store so much cooking oil and the cig was found 4 to 5 packet

we believe the lady was decline of SM sex with the man and was in a rush so unable to dress up , which only limited her to grab her belonging and trying to run away but end up fallen to death and we do believe the tools using for SM is those cooking oil and cig

RJ2004
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
The school we went last week is having end-of-year term break. Should be around 2-3 weeks :( So now we need to find other schools for our lesson... This task will be assigned to --------> ilovedoggie :) :D

heard that the school ki chia liao, not gonna reopen... now left the war zone to fight in there :p

jackbl
03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Here's the news in Vietnamese for you http://2sao.vn/p0c1048n20111102093021692/co-gai-viet-chet-loa-the-o-singapore.vnn

Dun know that u also can read Vn newspaper liao.... Your TV improved tremendous beyond my imagination.... Greeting to sifu! I still no read the level of watching VN tv programmes and reading vn newspaper yet :(

haosac
03-11-2011, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the link, bro.

about the death of fallen naked vietnam lady , police department had bought back some cooking oil , cig , single bed mattress . police believe the lady was been SM .

Bro V|ernar, thanks for the translation. Btw, what does SM stand for? :)

RJ2004
03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Dun know that u also can read Vn newspaper liao.... Your TV improved tremendous beyond my imagination.... Greeting to sifu! I still no read the level of watching VN tv programmes and reading vn newspaper yet :(

no la, i where can read that much, but i do have some viets in my facebook ;)

jackbl
03-11-2011, 02:58 PM
E giu trinh tiet tho chong= I save my virginity for my husband

Bro Haosac, i'm confused on the word tho. May I know its meaning and the real word? Thanks.

jackbl
03-11-2011, 03:00 PM

That helps too! I also have a few viets fren in yahoo messagers :)

jackbl
03-11-2011, 03:11 PM
After learning 3 hrs tieng viet , toi met moi nhieu lam , lucky my teacher ask a batch of VB to eat with me and insist of paying ( well of coz didn't let her )

Wow u go for 3 hr lesson per day??? How is the lesson conducted? :D

After theory lesson still got practical lesson? Hanh Phuc wa......

Sorry yesterd u called me, i din know till late. Hands busy hugging :p

shysaint
03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sorry yesterd u called me, i din know till late. Hands busy hugging :p

Bo jio me go .. hand also itchy leh :p

shysaint
03-11-2011, 03:19 PM

CAn read but CANNOT understand :p

jackbl
03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
SMS dtd 21 Oct 2011, the VB is talking abt her sickness:

VB: Khi nao a den a mua dum e thuoc dau da day nhe!

May i know what does the words in red means?

shysaint
03-11-2011, 04:04 PM
SMS dtd 21 Oct 2011, the VB is talking abt her sickness:

VB: Khi nao a den a mua dum e thuoc dau da day nhe!

May i know what does the words in red means?

dau = đau = Pain

da day = dạ dày = Stomach

dau da day = đau dạ dày = Stomach Pain

jackbl
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
dau = đau = Pain

da day = dạ dày = Stomach

Thanks. I always thou stomach-bung. Seldom see ppl use Da Day. Also I found in 1 dictionary Stomach- day day. So I'm confused.

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Thanks. I always thou stomach-bung. Seldom see ppl use Da Day. Also I found in 1 dictionary Stomach- day day. So I'm confused.

Dau is pain also can mean head . I see 2 Dau Dau .. I mostly guess it head pain

shysaint
03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Dau is pain also can mean head . I see 2 Dau Dau .. I mostly guess it head pain

YEs ... 2 Dau Dau can CONFIRM is Head Pain :D

đau = Pain

đầu = Head

đau đầu = Pain Head = Headache

shysaint
03-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Hungry = đói

đói bụng - adjective of hungry

bụng = hungry :eek:

I alwasy hear my wife said " bụng " then we eat :p

jf66312
03-11-2011, 05:02 PM
YEs ... 2 Dau Dau can CONFIRM is Head Pain :D

đau = Pain

đầu = Head

đau đầu = Pain Head = Headache

Hungry = đói

yup...
sometimes vb also say tim dau or dau tim...
basically it means heart pain... :D

haosac
03-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Bro Haosac, i'm confused on the word tho. May I know its meaning and the real word? Thanks.

tho = thờ = worship/adore. But that is weird cause this is kind of saying in ancient time, in which the woman's husband must died already, and then the woman is still loyal to the husband (in this case trinh tiet could refer to loyalty, not necessary virginity). Nowadays, no one says like that.

So I guess, it was typo, tho = cho = for, or tho = cho = chờ = wait (in this case the women should be married already, and the husband is far away)

shysaint
03-11-2011, 05:15 PM
yup...
sometimes vb also say tim dau or dau tim...
basically it means heart pain... :D

But never Hear they say Chim Dau :p

jackbl
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
tho = thờ = worship/adore. But that is weird cause this is kind of saying in ancient time, in which the woman's husband must died already, and then the woman is still loyal to the husband (in this case trinh tiet could refer to loyalty, not necessary virginity).

E giu trinh tiet tho chong.

Bro, what can I say about u?!! U are too goodddddd.
Yes, u are right. The woman's husband has died. In this case, the sentence means I keep my loyalty to worship my husband???

V|ernar
03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
Great ! We are starting to learn TV again !

volcano
03-11-2011, 07:06 PM

eat wat......:rolleyes:......kekekeke....:p

shysaint
03-11-2011, 07:39 PM
eat wat......:rolleyes:......kekekeke....:p

Before give birth eat chim ... now no chim eat already .... :(

haosac
03-11-2011, 07:57 PM
In this case, the sentence means I keep my loyalty to worship my husband???

Then yes, she wants to keep her loyalty to worship her husband. Sounds like an extraordinary woman. I admire her :)

ilovedoggie
03-11-2011, 09:32 PM

i always say dau lon. :D

ilovedoggie
03-11-2011, 09:33 PM
you know, if you buy the cheap fakes ones from china that runs android, some of them can't tell the difference :p

really?!?!?! where can buy? seriously if can bonk that vb by giving her fake iphone then good haha...

rubygzayas
03-11-2011, 09:34 PM
nice post buddy

shysaint
03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
really?!?!?! where can buy? seriously if can bonk that vb by giving her fake iphone then good haha...

Doggie ...

Want to bonk ... Bonk with PRIDE lah ... U got so desperate and cheapo anot ?

Ur recent postings show that U are becoming more n more cheapo leh ....

ilovedoggie
03-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Doggie ...

Want to bonk ... Bonk with PRIDE lah ... U got so desperate and cheapo anot ?

Ur recent postings show that U are becoming more n more cheapo leh ....

:confused: bro dont be so serious.... i tcss only la :D...

u ask those who met me... the real me always pay premium... i always help them out.

and i dont think the vb is so stupid.

lugi
04-11-2011, 01:10 AM
bro shysaint cannot make it on sat.:( huhuhu...

kena auto inclusion....:eek:

doggie, cannot leh...u know I am going to border of campuchia soon...:D

ilovedoggie
04-11-2011, 01:42 AM

i didn't know a lot of ppl cannot mah... next time lor... good luck on your trip ya. hope u don't get sold off by your vb hehe...:D

vietboy
04-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Heard there is a casino n many vb working there too. If u going with yur vege, wasted leh. Hee hee

RJ2004
04-11-2011, 10:56 AM
:confused: bro dont be so serious.... i tcss only la :D...

u ask those who met me... the real me always pay premium... i always help them out.

and i dont think the vb is so stupid.

haha, not sure about the particular vb you are after la. but seriously, some of those i have seen using iphone, dunno for what one, never use internet or play games or anything, just call phone and sms only. the cheaper android ones from china does the same function and interface reworked to look almost exactly like iOS :eek:

jf66312
04-11-2011, 11:05 AM

yup..if they say that then only 2 scenario...

either they damn shiok cost the pe*** is too big or serious trouble!!

jackbl
04-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Hungry = đói

bụng = hungry

Just found that bụng also means stomach. đói bụng = hungry stomach

RJ2004
04-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Just found that bụng also means stomach. đói bụng = hungry stomach

you just found out? tsk tsk... means you never feed your con gais well :p

Honey Boon
04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
if you hear the word in the middle of night, what do you do? :p

Hungry = đói

Honey Boon
04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
may be ang mo and indian brothers will hear more than us :eek::(:D

jackbl
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
you just found out? tsk tsk... means you never feed your con gais well :p

No, u are wrong. In fact, I always feed them well and I have NEVER had a chance to hear them say they are Doi Bung!!! Hahahaha.....

jackbl
04-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Today we got quite a number of new student and oversea student here.... Can the TS org a group excursion???

vietboy
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Today we got quite a number of new student and oversea student here.... Can the TS org a group excursion???

Can i join? Can i join? (sounds anxious)
:D

vietboy
04-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Pretend to sleep! Hahaha
But i heard tat word once when we r preparing to go to bed, then she pop the word, end up i go buy banh mi for her. Tat was in VN!

jackbl
04-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Pickpockets rule the roost on Can Tho buses
==================================

I am a high school student in Can Tho city and usually go to school by public bus. I often see pickpockets doing their dirty work on the bus.

I myself was a victim once, losing a Nokia mobile phone and a 4G USB.

We students often warn each other about the thieves and look out for each other.

In the past the crew used to sound a warning to passengers when they noticed pickpockets boarding the bus. But nowadays they keep mum for fear of violence by the criminals.

Once a monk noticed a passenger about to be robbed and sounded a warning only to be abused by the thieves.

Recently a 40-year-old woman trying to steal was discovered by her 50-year-old victim. Brazenly, she shouted and swore, tore the man’s shirt, before getting off scot-free.

The bus crew kept quiet until the woman and her two accomplices got off the bus. Afterwards the driver said: “We only transport passengers and are not responsible for safeguarding their money.”

If I am not mistaken, there are 10 groups of thieves operating on the Can Tho-O Mon route.

They always come in a group of three or four and surround a victim. Sometimes there are more robbers on a bus than passengers!

The bus staff often tell us to remain silent, warning we could become victims of the criminals’ violence.

Buses are meant for transporting the public rather than for thieves to carry out their disgraceful acts.

The government encourages people to use buses. But if it is going to be a dangerous proposition, there are going to be few takers.

Thus, if it expects people to use public transport, it has to root out this crime immediately.

jackbl
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Why I stop taking the bus
=======================

As a government employee in Hanoi, I tried taking the bus to work from mid-2011; however, I have given up on this public transportation due to several reasons.

Firstly, the pick-pocket issue. Many criminals have taken advantage of the overcrowded situation on the bus during rush hour to steal from passengers. After four months using the bus, I have twice lost my wallet.

I once pointed out a young man who I knew for sure had taken my wallet on the bus. However, he denied and even threatened to beat me. The least I could do is to beg for my wallet with my ID back. Of course VND1 million (US$50) inside had gone missing. People around me on the bus just looked on and stared at me indifferent. The bus driver and assistant did not do anything as their job was just to drive and check tickets.

Secondly, many buses in Hanoi have become overloaded. Over the past four months, I had to elbow my way to get on the bus and it was always impossible to find a seat. The bus quickly becomes jammed from 6am in the morning. Do I need to take a bus at 5am in the morning and go back at 7pm in the evening for my nine-to-five job?

Thirdly, I found many staff on the bus are hot-tempered and often shout at passengers. At first, I thought some of them were not polite but later I came to understand that they are all like that. Talking to the drivers and assistants, I got to know that they are always under stress. Their work is intense and exhausting and their pay is low. They can even lose their monthly wage if the bus has any accident, however minor it is. Thus it is impossible to ask for politeness and gentleness from them.

Last but not least, the current bus system lacks both quantity and quality. There are not enough buses servicing passengers during rush hour. As a result, many people get squeezed inside a small bus, making it a perfect place for pickpockets. Besides, passengers have to wait a long time for buses to arrive.

In addition, buses in Hanoi are too old to attract the public. The relevant authorities should understand that buses nowadays are not a means of transportation for the poor but they are meant for everyone living in the city.

It is great that the Minister of Transport initiated a campaign encouraging citizens to take a bus to work. However, there should be more improvements to this public transportation before we are willing to leave our bikes at home and rely on the bus for our daily commute.

* This is a translation from a reader’s letter posted on VnExpress site.

V|ernar
05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
going for "extra lesson" anything pls whatapp me ~

jackbl
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
going for "extra lesson" anything pls whatapp me ~

Heard these few days u go for intensive lesson. Please contribute your few days of training here. If I see good contribution, your Whatsapp will have many messages :D

jackbl
05-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Bus, bus, bus
=======================================
Dear readers,

Welcome to back on the first week of November.

Over the last few weeks, we have discussed several issues and received many of your feedbacks related traffic and transportation in Vietnam. As a follow up, our topic this week is about bus, bus and bus.

Sue Donnym, who has lived in Vietnam for four years, expressed her fear with the most common public transportation here:

“As a Westerner, I believe that most of the [bus] drivers endanger my life. Whether I am riding on the bus, riding my motorbike or crossing the road, most bus drivers seem to have a “bully” mentality. They intimidate others on the roads by using the sheer size of the bus, very loud repeater or air horns and their shocking reputation for road crashes and fatalities.”

More than that, she also suggested a few changes to the current system like better skill training for drivers, a lift-up in their customer service, more logistics needed in the way buses function and the reduction of noises.

The article has attracted many responses from readers, most of whom agree with Sue but doubt if the government will actually do something.

“Great article, however I doubt anything will be done with these menace to society. […] Wish they would also route the exhaust up to the top of the bus and not in the faces of the scooter riders. I have been bumped more than once by a bus while trying to get out of their way,” wrote Kevin.

“I agree with many points in the article […] There are many foreigners who wish to contribute constructively, but ultimately, the only people who can do anything are the Vietnamese,” commented Mark.

On the other hand, Tran Van Truong, a local bus commuter defended for bus drivers:

“You say that the behaviour of driver is too bad, but I think it’s not only their fault. Unless there are a lot of vehicles on the road, they won't have to drive fast. If all of us drive politely on the road, they won't have to drive dangerously.”

Belonged to the majority who still find buses an uncomfortable means of transportation, Tran Nguyen Van, a government employee in Hanoi has given up taking bus after using this public transportation for six months.

The reasons he gave are pickpocket, overload, hot-tempered staff and a bus system that lacks both quantity and quality.

“It is great that the Minister of Transport initiated a campaign encouraging citizens to take a bus to work. However, there should be more improvements to this public transportation before we are willing to leave our bikes at home and rely on the bus for our daily commute,” wrote Van.

“The quality and quantity of buses can only be changed by the authority, but we ourselves can also contribute to that by learning how to be satisfied with what we have (for not making the traffic problems the worst),” remarked reader Thanh Vu.

Not only in big cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, bus problems, especially pickpocket issue, are also prevalent in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho.

Nguyen Minh Thuy Chau, a student in Can Tho was also a victim of on-bus pickpocket and has several times witnessed.

“In the past the crew used to sound a warning to passengers when they noticed pickpockets boarding the bus. But nowadays they keep mum for fear of violence by the criminals. Once a monk noticed a passenger about to be robbed and sounded a warning only to be abused by the thieves,” she wrote.

As many problems still persist, how many people living in the cities will put their bike home and take bus to school or work?

Recently in Ho Chi Minh City, a new bus model with different colors, surveillance cameras, automatic dispensing machines have been introduced. Hanoi also aims to employ an electronic ticket selling system on bus. The aim is to reduce robbery on car, watch out on staff’s behaviors and make passengers more comfortable to use this public transport in the two biggest cities in the country.

However, we need a little more time to see if the new buses can really do something. Hopefully we won’t need to wait for the new metro system scheduled to finish in 2015 for the city traffic to be less congested.

callim2
05-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi, just wanna check it is always viet gals like to "lie" on what they are going too do?

:confused:

ilovedoggie
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi, just wanna check it is always viet gals like to "lie" on what they are going too do?

:confused:

may i ask why do u want to care so much in the first place?:)

callim2
05-11-2011, 04:45 PM
may i ask why do u want to care so much in the first place?:)

Bro ilovedoggie, I am encountering this problem in my relationship

Hurricane88
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM

VB in sinkie like to xnn...:p

shysaint
05-11-2011, 06:27 PM

Wat can I Do ... Go BUY give her eat Loh.

lovesprout
05-11-2011, 07:57 PM
I just got this sms. Anyone can translate it? Thanks.

em da khoc vi dieu gi ko biet nua? (I have cried because these things I don't know)
co le anh ay ko biet tran trong nhung gi anh ay co! (Maybe he doesn't know how to respect......)
em da sai roi (I am wrong)
sai khi lua chon khong ki cang de dau kho tam hon! (???)

Thanks.

khikong6
05-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I just got this sms. Anyone can translate it? Thanks.

em da khoc vi dieu gi ko biet nua? (I have cried because these things I don't know)
co le anh ay ko biet tran trong nhung gi anh ay co! (Maybe he doesn't know how to respect......)
em da sai roi (I am wrong)

Thanks.

I don't know why I cried.
Maybe he doesn't appreciate the things he has.
I made a mistake.
The mistake of choosing the air (environment) that is more painful (difficult or maybe even painful & difficult)

that's my take anyway.

lkyin1
05-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Singapore Interpol men cheated by Hanoi taxi driver
=================================

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNew...102-308384.html

Two Singaporean men who are participating in the 80th Interpol General Assembly in Hanoi were cheated by a local taxi driver.

The taxi driver charged them 40 times the normal fee and even stole their cell phone.

According to victims Chen Ang Dani and Than Sha Pen, the driver forced them to pay VND6 million (S$362.85) for a 10km ride which should have cost only VND150,000.

The victims told police that the incident occurred on October 28 when they took a taxi.

The taxi allegedly has a license plate number of BKS 30K-6476 and purportedly belongs to Phu Gia Group, according to VnExpress newswire.

They were driven from Phan Boi Chau Street to Hanoi's National Conference Centre and eventually had to pay US$200 (S$253.74) and S$100.

The men said that after arguing with the driver over the prices, they left behind an iPhone 4 which could not be found.

Hanoi police yesterday announced that they have identified the taxi driver and are hunting for him.

The 80th Interpol General Assembly started in Hanoi on October 31 and is expected to end on November 3.

For more stories, please visit www.tuoitrenews.vn.

vietboy
06-11-2011, 01:35 AM

Bro, if u encounter this in yur relationship, it means there is no trust in this relationship. It is better to stop it. No use having a relationship based on mistrust.
Also, girls lie to u because: 1) they doing someting not good Behind yur back n they do not want u to know 2) they dont trust u cos they see u just like other customers only want sex from them. 3)they lie to u to get more money from u! 4) they really like u so to protect u from some ugly n hard truth (this is not common)

Just my hai dong worth of thought...

RJ2004
06-11-2011, 09:25 AM

does it matter what country the other half is from? :confused:

you enjoy being lied to? :eek:

love is blind huh :cool:

callim2
06-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Bro, if u encounter this in yur relationship, it means there is no trust in this relationship. It is better to stop it. No use having a relationship based on mistrust.
Also, girls lie to u because: 1) they doing someting not good Behind yur back n they do not want u to know 2) they dont trust u cos they see u just like other customers only want sex from them. 3)they lie to u to get more money from u! 4) they really like u so to protect u from some ugly n hard truth (this is not common)

Just my hai dong worth of thought...

Tks bro :D

jackbl
06-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Hospital bribery much more than what’s in ‘the envelope’
================================================== ======

Since early this month five major hospitals in Hanoi have caused quite a stir with a campaign asking their health workers to refrain from receiving money offered by patients or their families who hope for better care in return.

However, I doubt that the practice, which is an act of bribery but a long custom at most Vietnamese hospitals, would be stopped by one “say no to envelopes” campaign. The initiative was named so because such bribes are often given in envelopes.

Several studies have shown that many don’t just give money because doctors ask. Many also initiate the giving because they believe that it will help their sick relatives receive good care or save them from long lines for treatment at crowded hospitals.

They pay any doctor, nurse and other health workers involved in the treatment of their relatives – VND50,000 (US$2.39) for a nurse whenever she gives an injection, VND1 million ($47.89) for each doctor who attends a surgery… Even people who are in charge of replacing blankets are paid.

The practice is common because patients and their families are intimidated by the fact that doctors and nurses, surrounded by thousands of patients, can barely give enough care to each patient. In fact, it has been reported that at big crowded hospitals, a doctor conducts checkups on 80-100 patients per day.

Then, why don’t patients choose other hospitals that are less crowded? Health clinics and hospitals are available in most districts across Vietnam, aren’t they?

The truth is that even if patients want to get out of crowded hospitals where 45 percent of patients are found dissatisfied with health workers’ attitudes and administrative procedures – according to a recent survey by the Vietnam National Union of Health Workers – they won’t do so.

Compared to local hospitals and health clinics where malpractice often occurs – and is commonly fatal – big hospitals with experienced doctors are still better.

That’s why although they are poor and live hundreds kilometers away, many people still choose major hospitals in the big cities.

So, to eliminate the infamous practice of bribery in the Vietnamese healthcare industry, there are many more important things that the government must do outside its promotional campaign.

Related agencies, for example, need to put more investment into health clinics and preventive health centers in districts, communes and elsewhere at the local level.

They also need to target one of the major problems that has plagued the Vietnamese healthcare industry over years: the shortage of healthcare workers, especially at small health clinics. Better salaries and working conditions will also help attract more student applicants to medical schools, and will also help keep them from feeling they need to solicit bribes from their patients.

The bribery will only stop when all people are provided with equally good treatment and conditions.

By Kim Son (SGTT)

jackbl
06-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Two apprehended for allegedly cheating Japanese in Hanoi

Police in Hanoi have arrested two people, including a taxi driver, for allegedly cheating two Japanese out of more than VND8 million (US$380), VnExpress reported on November 2.

The newswire report quoted police as saying that in October, 38-year-old Nguyen Dinh Hung, who can speak English, invited two Japanese students to Hanoi’s downtown by the taxi of Nguyen Quy Manh, a 25-year-old taxi driver at the Noi Bai Airport.

After passing the airport’s toll booth, Hung told the foreigners that they had to pay VND8 million in fees, police said.

Because the Japanese didn’t have enough cash, Hung told them to withdraw cash from an ATM booth.

According to police, the duo took VND8 million along with 2,000 yen ($25) from the students.

The case is being investigated.

An official from the capital’s police said in VnExpress that several cases with the same scheme have occurred around the airport.

“We are making efforts to stop and hunt down such criminals,” the unnamed official said.

In the meantime, Hanoi’s police are still tracking down a taxi driver who allegedly charged two Singaporeans nearly VND6 million ($285) for a distance of about 10 kilometers, the newswire reported.

The foreigners, who were then attending the Interpol’s General Assembly meeting in the city, also accused the driver of taking an iPhone 4 that they forgot in the taxi.

Thanh Nien News

jackbl
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Police probe allegations of taxi overcharge in Hanoi

Police in Hanoi are hunting down a taxi driver alleged of overcharging two Singaporeans who were attending the Interpol’s General Assembly meeting in the city, VnExpress reported on November 2.

According to the newswire, Chen Ang Dani and Than Sha Pen took a Phu Gia Co. taxi from a restaurant in Hoan Kiem District to the Vietnam National Convention Center in Tu Liem District, which is approximately 10 kilometers away.

However, the driver, whose identity has not yet been revealed, charged the passengers US$200, the newswire said.

VnExpress also said the driver didn’t return the iPhone that the foreigners forgot in the taxi.

The Interpol's 80th General Assembly was held in Hanoi from October 31 to November 3. Nearly 1,200 representatives from various countries are in attendance

Thanh Nien News

jackbl
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
that's my take anyway.

Seems your Vietnamese not bad. Can give a short intro of yourself? Thanks

ilovedoggie
06-11-2011, 05:31 PM

bro... give it an open heart. she has a reason to lie to u, if u think so. u shd know having a r/s with vb, be it wl/non-wl-/ex-wl, is not easy as most ppl thought. so don't think too much, play within your limits, take calculated risk and enjoy the moment because life is simply too short... so again remember this: don't think too much :) so to speak, i realize i will be very unhappy all day long if i think too much.

just my 2 cents :) nobody knows what will happen in the future.

AdGuy
06-11-2011, 07:14 PM
In my opinion...

People always lie for their own benefits, girls or guys, VBs or otherwise. No one's a saint, and we should not categorize anyone as being from a different race.

If Sgp guys were all that good, we wouldn't be in a sex forum. :p

Well anyway, this is a language thread, not a thread to discuss love. Let's move on. :rolleyes:

volcano
06-11-2011, 07:31 PM

he is a Viet Kieu....:)

callim2
06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
bro... give it an open heart. she has a reason to lie to u, if u think so. u shd know having a r/s with vb, be it wl/non-wl-/ex-wl, is not easy as most ppl thought. so don't think too much, play within your limits, take calculated risk and enjoy the moment because life is simply too short... so again remember this: don't think too much :) so to speak, i realize i will be very unhappy all day long if i think too much.

just my 2 cents :) nobody knows what will happen in the future.

Tks bro for the encouragement... cheers.....:)

ilovedoggie
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Greetings ministers of TV, the principals and fellow students,

need help to check my translation from TA to TV:

One day, we will forget each other soon. you will find your hanh phuc and i will find mine. we will go separate ways. then we will remain as memory in each other heart forever.

Mot ngay minh se quen nhau som. E se tim duoc hanh phuc cua e va a se tim duoc hanh phuc cua a. minh se di duong rieng. thi minh se tro nen tuong nho trong tim nhau mai mai

everything happened now is transient. even flowers will wither and so does love will fade. be glad we have met each other in this life

bay gio moi viec da xay ra chi la thoang qua. ngay ca bong hoa se heo di va tinh yeu cung se nhat di. vui di vi minh da gap nhau trong doi song nay.

please say it only when you mean it.
xin noi khi e that muon noi.

many cam on in advance,
doggie

ilovedoggie
06-11-2011, 08:52 PM
In my opinion...

People always lie for their own benefits, girls or guys, VBs or otherwise. No one's a saint, and we should not categorize anyone as being from a different race.

If Sgp guys were all that good, we wouldn't be in a sex forum. :p

Well anyway, this is a language thread, not a thread to discuss love. Let's move on. :rolleyes:

couldn't agree more with TS. just enjoy our lives and be happy can already.

And we should stop our discussion on viet nam love but start hoc tieng viet di! :)

haosac
07-11-2011, 02:52 AM

The mistake of choosing the air (environment) that is more painful (difficult or maybe even painful & difficult)

Bros, just correcting a bit in the last sentence:

The mistake of choosing not careful leads to the soul got painful.

không kĩ = not careful # không khí = air

haosac
07-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Greetings ministers of TV, the principals and fellow students,

need help to check my translation from TA to TV:

One day, we will forget each other soon. you will find your hanh phuc and i will find mine. we will go separate ways. then we will remain as memory in each other heart forever.

Mot ngay nao do minh se quen nhau thoi. E se tim duoc hanh phuc cua e va a se tim duoc hanh phuc cua a. minh se di tren 2 con duong rieng re. Hay de minh giu lai nhung ky niem dep trong tim nhau mai mai

everything happened now is transient. even flowers will wither and so does love will fade. be glad we have met each other in this life

bay gio moi viec da xay ra chi la thoang qua. ngay ca bong hoa se heo di va tinh yeu cung se nhat di. xin hay vui len vi du sao minh da gap nhau trong cuoc doi nay.

please say it only when you mean it.
xin hay noi dieu do chi khi e that long nghi nhu vay.

many cam on in advance,
doggie

excellent bro, I just modify those in red so that it sounds more Vietnamese :) It's just that I dun find the last sentence really match with the rest? :)

ilovedoggie
07-11-2011, 04:40 AM
excellent bro, I just modify those in red so that it sounds more Vietnamese :) It's just that I dun find the last sentence really match with the rest? :)

thanks bro! i wish i can upz u again and again!

the first 2 lines are for asking a vb to stay away bcuz she day and night sms/call me... i felt very stressed. not i want to hao lian but she really not my type... :)

a lot of vb like to sms "em nho anh wa" etc... so i decide to reply them in another way rather than anh nho em... haha...:D

haosac
07-11-2011, 10:33 AM
a lot of vb like to sms "em nho anh wa" etc... so i decide to reply them in another way rather than anh nho em... haha...:D

Oh, that's why "please only say it when you mean it" :D
I guess the VB will be a lil bit shock cause your TV is so pro :cool:. It's just that this is too polite and may not restrain her from contacting you again and again :p

haosac
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Police probe allegations of taxi overcharge in Hanoi

the driver charged the passengers US$200, the newswire said.

He charged the 2 Sgp policemen US$200 and SG$100, worth total of 6 mil for 10km.

He is captured now at Lam Dong province, quite far away from HN. Well, at least when dealing with this kind of "losing country face" thing our police force works rather well :)

Btw, it seems Google translate recently improved a lot:D

Taxi driver 'caught dead' guests of Interpol arrest

This morning, Deputy Director of Hanoi Police Nguyen Duc Chung said the taxi driver arrested by Interpol customers pay nearly 6 million to more than 10km mileage whereabouts were discovered hiding in the province of Lam Dong.
> Drivers Interpol arrested the taxi customers to pay 6 million for more than 10km

Chief of Police criminal investigation of the social order Hanoi Police Training Qinghai confirmed to VnExpress.net , afternoon, after being arrested, the suspect was to travel to Hanoi of testimony. Time, the identity of the driver additives have not been notified of the investigation.

One lawyer said that "caught dead" money's taxi drivers have evidence of fraudulent appropriation of property disposition.

Nearly 10 days ago, Mr. Chen Ang Dani and Pen Than Sha (Singapore citizenship, visitors to attend the 80th Interpol Assembly held in Hanoi) said they arrived at the city restaurant Phan Boi Chau (Hoan Kiem district ), a taxi company, PG on the National Conference Center (My Dinh, Tu Liem). With more than 10 km distance, the driver began customers pay 200 USD, 100 Singapore dollars (totaling nearly 6 million). When two men got off the phone to forget Iphone 4 also drive "stayed quiet" away.

Even when a case is to denounce, Chairman of Hanoi Transport Association Bui List Contact for VnExpress.net know, some taxi "indignation denounced" acts of driving on the loss of "national face" . They are offered in addition to the handling of the theft taxi fares in accordance with law, to set up inspection teams to organize activities and manage its PG.

ilovedoggie
07-11-2011, 02:51 PM
It's just that this is too polite and may not restrain her from contacting you again and again :p

hehe... that's the point! must be outstanding ma... :D to get discounted or maybe lots of kc bonk. i love kc bonk but not commercial bonk with vb.:)

jackbl
07-11-2011, 03:10 PM

Bro, does cang de = leads ?

lovesprout
07-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Here is a sms I received:

em dau co quen dau anh co sao may anh gap co ma xinh thi anh quen em thoi.

I know she wants to say that she doesn't forget me, but if I meet some beautiful girls then I will forget her. But what is the meaning of "co sao may anh?"

Please help. Thanks.

haosac
07-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Bro, does cang de = leads ?

Bro Jack, it's something like this:

= sai khi lựa chọn không kỹ càng để/dễ đau khổ tâm hồn hơn

The problem is they didn't put comma in the sentence. So there could be 2 cases:

1. sai khi lựa chọn không kỹ, càng để/dễ đau khổ tâm hồn hơn
here: càng để = lead more to something
càng dễ = much easier to happen something

2. sai khi lựa chọn không kỹ càng, để đau khổ tâm hồn hơn
in this case, "để" = "lead to" could make more sense than "dễ" = "much easier". And "kỹ càng" is just simply "kỹ" = "careful", but emphasizes a lil bit more on the adjective.

Did I just scare you a bit of how complicated TV can be?:p Anw, luckily, the meaning of the whole sentence in any cases are almost the same :D

lovesprout
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Come to share a series of sms I received from a VB (same girl who sent me "lua chon khong ki" :D). For those who want to learn Tieng Viet from sms this one might be useful.

Van de ko con o cho cai nhau nua!trai tim dau nhoi va ko.muon gi nua ko con hanh phuc vi luc nao anh ay cunc vay roi xin loi! sau do cunc nhu vay! e that vong va ko muon o gan anh ay nua. chi muon o mot minh thoi

mat di tinh yeu roi! mat di hinh anh luc dau! anh co noi gi em ko noi nua ko bao gio muon noi nua vi em va anh ay ko hop voi nhau!

a ko biet dau e song buon va kho tam lam
gio e chang con biet tin vao cai gi?loi hua va loi noi! nhin thay hanh dong nhu vay chi muon chet di cho xong!

neu mot lan hay vai lan co the tha thu duoc! con neu song voi nhau luc nao cunc vay thuong xuyen nhu vay co tha thu duoc ko anh?theo anh em phai co gang dau kho de tha thu suot doi hay sao?

that su anh noi rat dung chua chac cuoi nhau da hanh phuc! co nhieu nguoi ko chiu duoc roi li hon! ko song voi nhau nua
e cung vay da nhieu lan e ko chiu duoc doi li hon nhung cuoi cunv anh ay xin loi roi e tha thu! cho nen anh ay nghi e ko the li hon voi anh ay vi co con voi anh ay

e met moi lam. uoc gi em co that nhieu tien de trong ngan hang de nuoi em! em song mot minh va ko lo nghi gi het! khoi di lam cuc kho! khoi phai dau long vi ai!

mot ngay nao do e se di that xa de anh ay biet duoc va hoi han suot doi!hoi han vi cu xu voi em nhu vay. ko con em ben canh thi anh ay moi quy trong e!

haosac
07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
hehe... that's the point! must be outstanding ma... :D to get discounted or maybe lots of kc bonk. i love kc bonk but not commercial bonk with vb.:)

with some smooth sms like that, I bet the VB would believe that she has successfully KCed you:p

jackbl
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Did I just scare you a bit of how complicated TV can be?Anw, luckily, the meaning of the whole sentence in any cases are almost the same

I am not scared. I know the TV is rich and meaningful...

jackbl
07-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Come to share a series of sms I received from a VB (same girl who sent me "lua chon khong ki"). For those who want to learn Tieng Viet from sms this one might be useful.

U no give us the english translation how can we learn from it???? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

jackbl
07-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Anyone can help me on the highlighted words?

I was sms-ing a vb, and I told her i m working, but i still sms her...

VB: a noi a dang lam viec ma a ngoi nt hon thua voi e a!

V|ernar
07-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Come to share a series of sms I received from a VB (same girl who sent me "lua chon khong ki" :D). For those who want to learn Tieng Viet from sms this one might be useful.

Van de ko con o cho cai nhau nua!trai tim dau nhoi va ko.muon gi nua ko con hanh phuc vi luc nao anh ay cunc vay roi xin loi! sau do cunc nhu vay! e that vong va ko muon o gan anh ay nua. chi muon o mot minh thoi

mat di tinh yeu roi! mat di hinh anh luc dau! anh co noi gi em ko noi nua ko bao gio muon noi nua vi em va anh ay ko hop voi nhau!

gio e chang con biet tin vao cai gi?loi hua va loi noi! nhin thay hanh dong nhu vay chi muon chet di cho xong!

neu mot lan hay vai lan co the tha thu duoc! con neu song voi nhau luc nao cunc vay thuong xuyen nhu vay co tha thu duoc ko anh?theo anh em phai co gang dau kho de tha thu suot doi hay sao?

that su anh noi rat dung chua chac cuoi nhau da hanh phuc! co nhieu nguoi ko chiu duoc roi li hon! ko song voi nhau nua
e cung vay da nhieu lan e ko chiu duoc doi li hon nhung cuoi cunv anh ay xin loi roi e tha thu! cho nen anh ay nghi e ko the li hon voi anh ay vi co con voi anh ay

e met moi lam. uoc gi em co that nhieu tien de trong ngan hang de nuoi em! em song mot minh va ko lo nghi gi het! khoi di lam cuc kho! khoi phai dau long vi ai!

mot ngay nao do e se di that xa de anh ay biet duoc va hoi han suot doi!hoi han vi cu xu voi em nhu vay. ko con em ben canh thi anh ay moi quy trong e!

Bro , you write so long and no translate ... How I learn ? Hehe

phua chu kang
07-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Nice work here. Can learn alot of Vietnamese.

haosac
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Here is a sms I received:

em dau co quen dau anh co sao may anh gap co ma xinh thi anh quen em thoi.

I know she wants to say that she doesn't forget me, but if I meet some beautiful girls then I will forget her. But what is the meaning of "co sao may anh?"

Please help. Thanks.

Bro, I think it's some think like this: cớ sao mấy anh = then why you boys

Put into the whole sentence, could be: then why you boys (whenever you) see an em xinh blah blah

That's my best guess :o

haosac
07-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Bro, this seems so serious. Feel a bit pity for the gal. Seem she really feels painful and exhausted being cheated frequently by her husband :(. Are you the one trying to help in their relationship? May I know the outcome?

lovesprout
07-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Bro, this seems so serious. Feel a bit pity for the gal. Seem she really feels painful and exhausted being cheated frequently by her husband :(. Are you the one trying to help in their relationship? May I know the outcome?

Yes. it seems very serious to me. But how did you know her husband cheated her? From her sms I couldn't tell.

I wanted to help her, but how? unless I am like what she said, "co that nhieu tien de trong ngan hang de nuoi em" But do I look rich? :D

Many thanks for your help.

lovesprout
07-11-2011, 08:28 PM
U no give us the english translation how can we learn from it???? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Bro , you write so long and no translate ... How I learn ? Hehe

I believe Jackbl's level of TViet should be able to understand it completely without a single word unknown to him. If other people feel it is useful, then I can try my best to translate it into English. :)

haosac
07-11-2011, 09:05 PM
But how did you know her husband cheated her? From her sms I couldn't tell.

I know that's her husband based on this sentence:

li hon = li hôn = divorce

I know he cheated her cause she said:

gio e chang con biet tin vao cai gi? neu mot lan hay vai lan co the tha thu duoc! ~ Now I dunno what to believe in? If one time or a few time I may still forgive!

I wanted to help her, but how?

You can tell her if she couldn't take it anymore, just divorce and get the alimoney lah :D. But I guess you are also a friend of the husband :confused:

jackbl
08-11-2011, 02:23 AM
I believe Jackbl's level of TViet should be able to understand it completely without a single word unknown to him.

U have not met me before, how u know my level?

BTW, this sentence really give me headache "Van de ko con o cho cai nhau nua!trai tim dau nhoi "

KangTuo
08-11-2011, 02:30 AM
U have not met me before, how u know my level?

BTW, this sentence really give me headache "Van de ko con o cho cai nhau nua!trai tim dau nhoi "

i see liao my eye blur...
your headache is due to your failure to jio the vb from the 2 ktv you went to to go ks :)

khikong6
08-11-2011, 02:43 AM

he is a Viet Kieu....:)

More kieu than viet. And more khi than anything else.

Bros, just correcting a bit in the last sentence:

không kĩ = not careful # không khí = air

very good point

Bro, I think it's some think like this: cớ sao mấy anh = then why you boys

Put into the whole sentence, could be: then why you boys (whenever you) see an em xinh blah blah

That's my best guess :o

This one is tough. If she's referring to "you boys" why does she talk about them forgetting her? Is that normal?