PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
25-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Haizzzz, I thought got 1 bro told u to self-help first? Sorry to be a nosy-parker, but have u ever try to use a vietnamese dictionary to check out what the sentence means?

Use these dict :

Tu dien tieng Viet (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Dict/index.html)
VDict.com - Vietnamese Dictionary and Translation - T? ?i?n và d?ch ti?ng Vi?t (http://vdict.com/)

Not just page 2 only what, other pages have more details.... ;)

hom nay anh co lai Kg

What this mean? pls help

Hom =?
nay = ?
co = ?
lai = ?

this gal sms to me most words not found at page 2..

jackbl
25-09-2008, 02:29 AM
10 million telephone numbers to change next month
=================================

Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) has announced a change to landline telephone numbers in most provinces nationwide by early next month.

The giant state-owned telco said it would affix a “3” to the beginning of most subscribers’ phone numbers on October 5, without any changes in provincial codes.

“The modification will involve more than 10 million of our subscribers,” said VNPT’s spokesperson Bui Quoc Viet.

The company said the addition was necessary because of growing subscriber numbers.

The modification would be implemented in 55 cities and provinces, excluding the provinces of Thanh Hoa, Nam Dinh, Hai Duong, Kien Giang, Dong Nai, Nghe An and the cities of Hai Phong and Da Nang.

People would be able to dial either the original or modified numbers during a two-week transitional period ending on October 19, excluding subscribers to VNPT’s G-Phone package, for whom changes will take effect fully on October 5.

Viet said the company would be ready to solve any problems that arise from the change, based on Vietnamese laws which protect customer rights.

He said the number changes in Hanoi were the biggest challenge because of the new merger with former Ha Tay Province, which had two changes of numbers and a new provincial code.

After this modification, VNPT’s telephone numbers would have seven digits in all cities and provinces, excluding Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City which would have eight digits.

Statistics from the Ministry of Information and Communications showed VNPT had 11.5 million landline subscribers nationwide by the end of 2007, accounting for 78.6 percent of the domestic market.

Reported by Truong Son

RJ2004
25-09-2008, 12:14 PM
NBzzz, u see bra and panties of MORE colors never heard u say wanna faint :D so when u wanna contribute by helping me with the translations

i believe in self-help haha, let me post a translation list in parts, was given to me very long ago by Lament and is still very much useful to me nowadays:

NATURE

bird = con chim
canal | channel | ditch = kenh
cat = con meo
cow | ox | bull | cattle = bo cai
cloud = may
beach | shore | coast = soi cat
dog = cho
fish = ca
flower = hoa
forest = rung
garden = vuon
horse = ngua
moon = trang
park | commons = vuon hoa
planet = hanh tinh
plant | flora = thuc vat
rain = mua
river = dong song
sea = bien
snow = tuyet
space | cosmos = khong gian
sun = mat troi
star = sao
tree = cay
weather = thoi tiet
world | Earth = the gioi
animal | fauna = dong vat
horse = ngua
cat = con meo

Hurricane88
25-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Use these dict :

Tu dien tieng Viet (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Dict/index.html)
VDict.com - Vietnamese Dictionary and Translation - T? ?i?n và d?ch ti?ng Vi?t (http://vdict.com/)

;)

Thank you for sharing...:)

RJ2004
25-09-2008, 02:06 PM

hey dude, i saw that you updated your viet locations list, mind sending me the latest? i'll be flying there next week :p

BODY
eye = mat
eyebrow = long may
face = mat troi
finger = ngon tay
fist = nam tay
flesh | meat = thit
foot | feet = ban chan
forehead | brow = tran
hair = toc
hand = ban tay
head = cai dau
heart = tim
heel = got chan
hip = hong
kidney = qua cat
knee = dau goi
leg = chan
lip | lips = moi
liver = nguoi song
lung = phoi
moustache | moustaches | whiskers = rau mep
mouth = mom
muscle = bap thiit
nail | fingernail = mong tay
navel | bellybutton = ron
neck | cervix = co
nipple = num vu
abdomen = bung
ankle = mat ca chan
anus = hau mon, lo dit
arm = canh tay
back | dorsum = lung
beard = rau hat thoc
blood = huyet, mau
body = than
bone = xuong
brain = oc nao
breast | mammary = vu
buttocks = mong dit
calf = so nhieu
cheek = ma
chest | thorax | pectus = nguc
chin = cam
ear = tai
elbow = goc
nose = mui
palm = chien thang
penis = duong vat
shoulder = vai
skin = da, bi
stomach = bung
sweat | perspiration = mo hoi
tear | teardrop = le
testicle = hon dai
thigh = bap dui, bap ve
throat = hong
thumb = ngon tay cai
toe = ngon chan
tongue = cai luoi
vagina = bao, vo boc
waist = cho that long
wound = thuong
wrist = co tay

cashier
25-09-2008, 07:02 PM
same here hard to use vietdict to me.

this new gal i have uses more difficult to understand viet unlike another gal i have.

anh cu noi doi voi em ngoai anh dau co thuong em dau

You "cu" speak wait with me outside you where have "thuong" me where

I have no clue what she saying.

Sha_Gua75
25-09-2008, 08:20 PM
this new gal i have uses more difficult to understand viet unlike another gal i have.

You "cu" speak wait with me outside you where have "thuong" me where

I have no clue what she saying.

If common word like thuong u cant understan...I also really cant understand how u manage to understand how u able to understand your the other gal :confused:

cashier
26-09-2008, 07:06 PM
thanks for your concern, i have my way of understanding and communicating with them. of course mastering the viet will be bonus and makes it even better.

i would appreciate it if u can help instead of being sarcarstic.

Sha_Gua75
26-09-2008, 08:42 PM

Many bros here will also appreciate if you tried to learn and translate yourself But instead, everytime u need translation, u will post and ask bros to translate out of convenience sake

jackbl
28-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Hi, I think his meaning is that oneself needs to check out the WORDS in the dictionary first before u post the question.

By the way, some translation posted by other ppl here, i also dun understand after 1st look. I will have to go to the dictionary to lookup it word by word. Some words have many meanings, e.g. "co" it has 13 words, if u write it without the viet sign.

Hope this helps to clear the air :)

thanks for your concern, i have my way of understanding and communicating with them. of course mastering the viet will be bonus and makes it even better.

jackbl
28-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Please be careful if u go to hcmc to find FL...... "Prostitution is illegal in Vietnam."

HCMC police bust high-class prostitution ring
=============================

Ho Chi Minh City police have arrested the leader of a major prostitution ring that has been providing women for affluent clients since last year.

Lam Thi Ngoc Hue, who was initially found along with two other hired female sex workers “entertaining” customers at a hotel in District 3, was formally arrested Wednesday by District 3 police.

A news source said one of the three sex workers was a model who had previously competed in the Miss Sea 2006 beauty contest in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province.

Hue confessed she has been a sex broker since the end of 2007 and she regularly scoured bars and discotheques in HCMC for attractive girls to recruit into her ring.

Hue had between 20-30 young girls in her network, including some who were amateur models.

Supplying sex workers to wealthy men at US$300-500 per encounter, Hue pocketed a “brokering fee” ranging from $100-150 per customer.

For clients who wanted companions on travel tours, the ring leader would provide girls starting at $500 per day per person.

Hue also confessed to serving as a sex worker whenever her girls were in short supply or upon customers’ orders.

Prostitution is illegal in Vietnam.

Reported by Dam Huy

jackbl
28-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Women arrested for drugging, robbing men
============================

Local police in southern Can Tho City Thursday arrested two women suspected of illegally drugging and robbing men after luring them to hotels.

Le Thi Thu Hong, 36, and Nghiem Xuan Thao Ly, 40, both from Hau Giang Province were arrested at a hotel on Tran Van Kheo Street in Can Tho City’s Cai Khe Ward, Ninh Kieu District.

The women were allegedly stealing money and jewelry from a man they had invited to the hotel and drugged.

The police reported that the pair admitted to drugging the man and stealing his cell phone, a gold ring, a diamond ring and VND2.7 million (US$160).

The victim from An Giang Province said he met Hong and Ly through a friend and they invited him to the hotel on Thursday upon his visit to Can Tho City.

He said they had drugged him by inviting him to the hotel room for a glass of fruit juice.

Police said the two women may have used the same ploy to rob an expensive cell phone and a diamond ring from another man on Sunday.

The chief of police from Cai Khe Ward in Ninh Kieu District, Le Huu Ngon, said there had been other reports recently of two women using drugs to perform robberies.

Ninh Kieu District police officer, Nguyen Van Giap said some reports suggested there was a group of women involved.

Giap said the district police were continuing investigations.

Reported by Mai Tram

jackbl
28-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Income lure dents anti-prostitution program
=============================
More young women are returning to prostitution as a viable means of income, not merely being driven to it by poverty, according to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.

A ministry report released at a conference held in the city on Friday, says the women view it as an “easy way to make money.”

Prostitution was also spreading to rural areas in Vietnam, and the average age and level of education of women entering the profession was also increasing, experts noted at the conference held by the ministry’s Department of Social Evils Prevention.

According to the ministry, about 5,000 prostitutes are admitted annually to re-education centers or assisted by their communities. The ministry estimates that there were nearly 30,000 women working as prostitutes in Vietnam as of last year, but only 14,482 were on record.

A government plan to curb prostitution during the 2006-2010 period envisages that at least 70 percent of those who are on file are sent to vocational training and re-education centers.

The goal is to reduce the number of those who return to prostitution after undergoing re-education by 50 percent.

For example, the women’s association in each community can help equip these women with vocational training or help them get loans to start small businesses.

Nguyen Thi Phuong, director of the Center for Re-educating Social Laborers in Hanoi, said most of the prostitutes prefer not to reveal their real identities.

“Therefore it’s harder for the re-education centers, the local communities and other social organizations to keep track of them,” she said.

Phuong said the problem also has partly to do with the re-educating programs in some areas not being effective and some women finding it hard to return to normal lives because of discrimination and prejudices they have to face.

Reported by Manh Duong

jackbl
28-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi all, quite sometime ago, there's 1 person asking me to help translate, i m unable to fully understand the sentence so i didnt do it. Now since bro KT still the ball rolling,, i will take this chance to seek the help of bro here....

1) khi girls buoc vao tuoi day thi, buong trung dan dan phattrien va tiet ra chat kich thich khien bo may sinh duc san sinh ra cac chat noi tiet

really dun know what it means :(

KangTuo
28-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Viet: A xao e hoai ah, a da co ba xa roi ma sao lai noi yeu e neu ma a da co nguoi yeu roi ma noi yeu e nhu vay la a ko tot
Singlish: you lie to me continually. you have wife already but why come say love me. you got lover already but say love me. You no good.

Viet: A the voi e la a chua co ba xa di hoi bua di choi voi a dt a reo e nhin thi thay ten ba xa goi toi cho a hom nay thay nua la e bit a da co ba xa roi
Singlish: you say to me you don't have wife yet. Today we go out, I see your wife name and phone call in you handphone. Today see, I know you have a wife already.

Viet: A khoi di geylang e jan ko muon gap a roi, a lo lam di ju jin suc khoe
Singlish: you don't come geylang, I angry, don't want to see you already. you worry your work. Take care of your health.

jackbl
29-09-2008, 01:15 AM
After these sms, did the gal see u again??? If she see u, then she is contradicting with her words liao :D

But i guess she still seeing u, isn't it? ........

Viet: A the voi e la a chua co ba xa di hoi bua di choi voi a dt a reo e nhin thi thay ten ba xa goi toi cho a hom nay thay nua la e bit a da co ba xa roi
Singlish: you say to me you don't have wife yet. Today we go out, I see your wife name and phone call in you handphone. Today see, I know you have a wife already.

Viet: A khoi di geylang e jan ko muon gap a roi, a lo lam di ju jin suc khoe
Singlish: you don't come geylang, I angry, don't want to see you already. you worry your work. Take care of your health.

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 01:25 AM
After these sms, did the gal see u again??? If she see u, then she is contradiction with her words liao :D
she did see me again... we are like riding roller coaster within that 2 mths. But smooth sailing at the end.

Now everyday chat with her on yahoo... kns. her writing in yahoo worst than sms. She use even shorter form.

i ask her today she go out with a guy issit.
her reply:e bit chn e sr a, e ko co yeu nguoi do.

i ask her got webcam
her reply: ko co wc

jackbl
29-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Do i know that gal?

Her short-form very powderful.... who HIEU?

Anyway, thanks for sharing so many sms with us. It gives us a insight of how these vn gal think, sms, reaction, etc...

i ask her today she go out with a guy issit.
her reply:e bit chn e sr a, e ko co yeu nguoi do.

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 01:37 AM
This is another low point... I was already waiting for her and she say drunk and went back already which i know she never go back.

viet:A oi, hom nay trong long cua e bun lam nen e uong bia nhiu jo e xin nen ve nha roi a dung doi e nah… sorry nha dung buon e
Singlish: today .......I sad alot so I drink deer alot. Now I am drunk so go home already. You don't need wait me. Sorry, don't feel sad of me

viet: A bua nay a khoi lai nha jo e met wa ko gap a dc roi nhung a co the nt voi e dc e nho a nhieu lam, nhung a nghi xau ve e a co bit e bun lam ko ha
Singlish: yuo today don't come. Now I tired, cannot meet you but you can sms me. I miss you alot but you think I lie, you have know I sad alot?

trong long: within the body??

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Do i know that gal?

I only got 1 gal in HM... you are quite a regular there last month. You should still remember the 1 with me when i say hi to you right?

jackbl
29-09-2008, 01:42 AM
Yes i remember, i got talk to her a few occasions after that. Her english/or chinese not bad, although seldom heard her speak often. So when u goin HM again???

I only got 1 gal in HM... you are quite a regular there last month. You should still remember the 1 with me when i say hi to you right?

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Yes i remember, i got talk to her a few occasions after that. Her english/or chinese not bad, although seldom heard her speak often. So when u goin HM again???

Her chinese and english very accurate and knows to read alot of english. It is just that she don't speak much. I ask her why she can speak chinese to other guys but not me... she say she think i also vietnamese... kns.

Also good, that 2 mths, I feel my tieng viet goes up another level but still far from you.

Me no go HM liao.. no fun at all. even she around, I will not go also. Probably will be her driver only. :)

jackbl
29-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Every 2 months ur viet improved 1 level, by 1 yr, ur viet will catch up and overtake me liao :)

Heard that now Parklane there very happening , cos Century close for a while... remember to jio me if u going hor :D

Also good, that 2 mths, I feel my tieng viet goes up another level but still far from you.

Me no go HM liao.. no fun at all. even she around, I will not go also. Probably will be her driver only. :)

jackbl
29-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Trong long=within the heart

trong long: within the body??

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Every 2 months ur viet improved 1 level, by 1 yr, ur viet will catch up and overtake me liao :)

Heard that now Parklane there very happening , cos Century close for a while... remember to jio me if u going hor :D

Parklane is out of bound for me. K2 is my bx spies HQ. :(
I also heard that tuberrose is not bad a place now... but its too near to K2

jackbl
29-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Sad to hear u cant bring me there.... This Wed is break-FAST for our fellow-countrymen, so when are u going to break your FAST (eat veg)???

Parklane is out of bound for me. K2 is my bx spies HQ. :(
I also heard that tuberrose is not bad a place now... but its too near to K2

KangTuo
29-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Sad to hear u cant bring me there.... This Wed is break-FAST for our fellow-countrymen, so when are u going to break your FAST (eat veg)???

this tuesday i wanna break-FAST. Still in search for new vege. But think of that JC/GL will be damn freaking crowded... abit sianz.

VietnamLover
29-09-2008, 12:29 PM
When a girl enter the puberty, all part of the body will step by step develop and secret some agent to arouse genital organ which produce some endocrine.

1) khi girls buoc vao tuoi day thi, buong trung dan dan phat trien va tiet ra chat kich thich khien bo may sinh duc san sinh ra cac chat noi tiet

Hurricane88
29-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Wah, just din log in a few days, so many interesting things to read....:)

RJ2004
29-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi all, quite sometime ago, there's 1 person asking me to help translate, i m unable to fully understand the sentence so i didnt do it. Now since bro KT still the ball rolling,, i will take this chance to seek the help of bro here....

1) khi girls buoc vao tuoi day thi, buong trung dan dan phattrien va tiet ra chat kich thich khien bo may sinh duc san sinh ra cac chat noi tiet

really dun know what it means :(

very de chim...

NUMBERS
number | numeral = so
zero = khong
one = mot
two = hai
three = ba
four = bon, tu
five = nam
six = sau
seven = bay
eight = tam
nine = chin
ten = muoi
eleven = muoi mot
twelve = muoi hai
twenty = hai muoi
thirty = ba muoi
hundred = tram
thousand = nghin
million = trieu
billion = nghin trieu

TIME
clock | watch = dong ho
day = ban ngay
hour = gio
future | hereafter = tuong lai
minute = phut
past | yesteryear | yore = qua khu
present = bay gio
second = thu hai
time = thoi gian
week = tuan le
year = nam

DAY
day = ban ngay
sunrise | dawn = binh minh
morning = buoi sang, sang
noon | midday = buoi trua, trua
afternoon = buoi chieu, chieu
sunset = xe chieu
evening = buoi toi, toi dem
midnight = bua dem

WEEK
week = tuan le
weekday = trong tuan
Monday = thu hai
Tuesday = thu ba
Wednesday = thu tu
Thursday = thu nam
Friday = thu sau
Saturday = thu bay
Sunday = chu nhat

YEAR
year = nam
month = thang
January = thang mot
February = thang hai
March = thang ba
April = thang tu
May = thang nam
June = thang sau
July = thang bay
August = thang tam
September = thang chin
October = thang muoi
November = thang muoi mot
December = thang muoi hai

SEASONS
season = mua
spring | springtime = mua xuan
summer = mua he
autumn | fall = mua thu
winter = mua dong

VietnamLover
29-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Correcting Kang Tuo's translation.

V: Anh xao em hoai ah, anh da co ba xa roi ma sao lai noi yeu em neu ma anh da co nguoi yeu roi ma noi yeu em nhu vay la anh ko tot
S: You lie to me always ah. You have a wife already. Why talk that you love me? If you have a love already and talk that you love me. You are not good.

V: Anh the voi em la anh chua co ba xa di hoi bua di choi voi anh dt anh reo em nhin thi thay ten ba xa goi toi cho anh hom nay thay nua la em biet anh da co ba xa roi
S: You swear with me that you don't have wife. Last time when I went out with you, I look at your mobile's screen and see your wife's name who call for you. Today I see more so I know that you have a wife already.

V: Anh khoi di Geylang em gian ko muon gap anh roi, anh lo lam di giu gin suc khoe
S: You don't go to Geylang. I am angry, don't want to meet you already. You worry about your work. Take care of your health.

V: Anh oi, hom nay trong long cua em buon lam nen em uong bia nhieu gio em xin nen ve nha roi anh dung doi em nah… sorry nha dung buon em
S: Hey, today, in my heart, I am sad very much so I drink beer very much. Now I am drunk so go back home already. You don't wait for me. Sorry, don't be sad about me.

V: Anh bua nay anh khoi lai nha gio em met wa ko gap anh duoc roi nhung anh co the nhan tin voi em duoc em nho anh nhieu lam, nhung anh nghi xau ve em anh co biet em buon lam ko ha
S: Today you don't come here. Now I am tired and cannot meet you already but you can message with me. I miss you very much but you think very bad about me. Do you know that I am sad very much?

Honey Boon
29-09-2008, 05:51 PM
:rolleyes:viet:A oi, hom nay trong long cua e bun lam nen e uong bia nhiu jo e xin nen ve nha roi a dung doi e nah… sorry nha dung buon e[/COLOR]
Singlish: today .......I sad alot so I drink deer alot. Now I am drunk so go home already. You don't need wait me. Sorry, don't feel sad of me

wao... drunk can still sms clearly har? :D

jackbl
29-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Hi Sir, you are great. Such difficult sentence u also can translate :)

But can teach us to learn individual words, sth like that:

khi=when
girls
buoc=enter
vao=into
tuoi day thi=puberty

I found that buong trung=ovary, but i cant confirm

buong trung dan dan phat trien va tiet ra chat kich thich khien bo may sinh duc san sinh ra cac chat noi tiet

thanks alot:D
When a girl enter the puberty, all part of the body will step by step develop and secret some agent to arouse genital organ which produce some endocrine.

cashier
29-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi need help. i search vdict liao b4 posting.

ai noi voi anh la em co ong xa chu. anh sao qua di

"Ai" speak with anh "la" me have hubby "chu". anh lie very go

em nho anh nhieu lam. anh co ban gai khac roi ha

em miss anh alot very. anh have boy/girl friend "khac" already "ha"

Can help :

"Ai"

"la"

"chu"

"khac"

"ha"

thanks

cashier
29-09-2008, 08:09 PM
tai sao anh kg thuong em

why anh no "meet" em?

RJ2004
29-09-2008, 10:30 PM

who tell you i have husband already? u lie many

i miss you much, you have girl sitting with you already huh

i see "chu" as "chua" there...

jackbl
30-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Are u sure u got search thru the online dictionary? why i can find those that u listed??? i swear!!!

See below, i didnt bluff u:
===
ai
===
pronoun
Who, whom, someone, somebody, anyone, anybody
ai đó?: Who is there?
anh là ai?, anh muốn gặp ai?: who are you? whom do you want to see?
tôi muốn biết ai đã đưa ra lời gợi ý vô lý ấy: I want to know who has dropped that absurd hint
có ai trong phòng này không?: is there anyone (anybody) in this room?
có ai đó điện thoại cho anh trong lúc anh đi vắng: somebody (someone) made you a call during your absence
Không có ai cả: Not anybody (nobody)
tôi không biết ai trong gia đình này cả: I don't know anybody (anyone) in this family

Can help :

"Ai"

"la"

"chu"

"khac"

"ha"

thanks

jackbl
30-09-2008, 12:35 AM
There is a word call chu, but is written as "chừ", its meaning is "Now"

i see "chu" as "chua" there...

jackbl
30-09-2008, 12:38 AM
My interpretation:
I miss u alot. U have other gf already huh?

i miss you much, you have girl sitting with you already huh

jackbl
30-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi, i think u really need to search through the dictionary first or else other ppl here maybe not help u further.

To begin learning viet, maybe u can try this:
Learn Vietnamese online for free! (http://www.101languages.net/vietnamese/)

thanks

jackbl
30-09-2008, 01:17 AM
You can try this too:

Lesson table of content (http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnamese/VNLanguage/SupportNS/tableofcontent.htm)

To begin learning viet, maybe u can try this:

cashier
30-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Are u sure u got search thru the online dictionary? why i can find those that u listed??? i swear!!!

See below, i didnt bluff u:
===
ai
===
pronoun
Who, whom, someone, somebody, anyone, anybody
ai đó?: Who is there?
anh là ai?, anh muốn gặp ai?: who are you? whom do you want to see?
tôi muốn biết ai đã đưa ra lời gợi ý vô lý ấy: I want to know who has dropped that absurd hint
có ai trong phòng này không?: is there anyone (anybody) in this room?
có ai đó điện thoại cho anh trong lúc anh đi vắng: somebody (someone) made you a call during your absence
Không có ai cả: Not anybody (nobody)
tôi không biết ai trong gia đình này cả: I don't know anybody (anyone) in this family

Hi,

maybe the ai part i missed it but I did search the vdict.com anyway the other words i asked i seriously not able to find the meaning.

for example zhuong. i cant find it plus it has close to 20 variants of words abt the same spelling as zhuong... i have to search sbf for it and from past postings. i roughly guess it means meet but meet is "thay" as on page 2.

so yeah it is not as easy as say search and find yourself

jackbl
30-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Hi, i sugg u copy and paste those replies from bro vietnamlover, kangtou, etc into words document to slowly buildup ur vocabulary. but the easiest way to know the language is to mix into the community. try to get a "good" teacher who is willing to teach u.

Hi,

maybe the ai part i missed it but I did search the vdict.com anyway the other words i asked i seriously not able to find the meaning.

for example zhuong. i cant find it plus it has close to 20 variants of words abt the same spelling as zhuong... i have to search sbf for it and from past postings. i roughly guess it means meet but meet is "thay" as on page 2.

Hurricane88
30-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi,

Hi, i sugg u copy and paste those replies from bro vietnamlover, kangtou, etc into words document to slowly buildup ur vocabulary. but the easiest way to know the language is to mix into the community. try to get a "good" teacher who is willing to teach u.

Fully agree with Jackbl, please start building up your own vocabulary. You will noticed that the words used are almost the same each time the Vn gals used...just check those you aren't sure...or get a long hair or short hair dictionary who can help you....:)

technofreak
30-09-2008, 01:02 PM

Every 2 months ur viet improved 1 level, by 1 yr, ur viet will catch up and overtake me liao

You two already very advanced sinh vien...I'm still way way behind you two. Think only Carroot007 can be on par with you guys...:cool:

If common word like thuong u cant understan...I also really cant understand how u manage to understand how u able to understand your the other gal.

Relax bro SG...I'm impressed with the high level u attained in VP...;)

KangTuo
30-09-2008, 02:16 PM
You two already very advanced sinh vien...I'm still way way behind you two. Think only Carroot007 can be on par with you guys...:cool:

I am NOT on par with the MASTER (jackbl) and the Prince (Carrot) of little vn... :D

Still a long way to catch up. Furthermore i stopped building up my own dictionary and vocab. I think its time to do that again...

jackbl
30-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Firstly i would like to congrats u on the Happy Event.

secondly, you already got a good "teacher" beside u 24X7, u will overtake us in no time :D

I would like to vote u as our Chairman. Since HCMC thread has their own chairman, we also can have such title here.... You just need to consult your "sifu" if we cant translate... , and u also have so many "teaching staff" to assist u :D

I found out that VietnamLover has a high level of knowledge, and then we also have ShaGua75(old master), SS08(although he seldom come here to "lent" a hand), KangTuo(old boys), RJ2004(new kids on the block), Hurricane88(Big bro of the drinking gang at 42kopi shop), Carrot007(LadyKiller in Little vn), etc (Sorry if i missed out your names)............. So dun worry that we burdened u with too many translations. Thanks a lot!

jackbl
30-09-2008, 03:31 PM
BTW I had passed the CD to bro "drinking king" at kopitiam 42.

You will noticed that the words used are almost the same each time the Vn gals used...just check those you aren't sure...or get a long hair or short hair dictionary who can help you....:)

jackbl
30-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Are u goin for "class" tonight? If you go for evening class, i would like to be your classmate; if u go for Night class, then i cant join u. I would like to go home earlier cos Midnight cab fare v expensive leh :p

I am NOT on par with the MASTER (jackbl) and the Prince (Carrot) of little vn... :D

Still a long way to catch up. Furthermore i stopped building up my own dictionary and vocab. I think its time to do that again...

Sha_Gua75
30-09-2008, 03:37 PM
I found out that VietnamLover has a high level of knowledge, and then we also have ShaGua75(old master), SS08(although he seldom come here to "lent" a hand), KangTuo(old boys), RJ2004(new kids on the block), Hurricane88(Big bro of the drinking gang at 42kopi shop)...

I am not that old and neither I am a master....My viet knowledge is not good at all and it become worst now since I seldomg use it :o

jackbl
30-09-2008, 04:09 PM
So are u goin to use it soon...? Wanna meet for dinner first and then go in to have a glass or 2?

I am not that old and neither I am a master....My viet knowledge is not good at all and it become worst now since I seldomg use it :o

Sha_Gua75
30-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Relax bro SG...I'm impressed with the high level u attained in VP...;)

Eh...so what your nick :D

Sha_Gua75
30-09-2008, 04:12 PM
So are u goin to use it soon...? Wanna meet for dinner first and then go in to have a glass or 2?

Nah...I told u long b4 that I cant speak viet but still can read some...anyway nowadays I dont drink except with my wife's aunt or with vendors from work :o

Leeson
30-09-2008, 04:29 PM

i'm guessing i might run into you tonite :D

JaViEr84
30-09-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi bros out there , mind if anyone who knows vietnamese language to translate the below conversation to english ? Would appreciate any bros who helped .

================================================== =
Party A : chi oi trua nay khoang 12 gio trua em don do qua
cho chi o duoc khong chi? Em xin loi vi bat thinh linh
moi bao cho chi biet nhe em cam on chi nhieu

Party B : uh , suy nghi thui cu don .. de chi noi voi tui nho
================================================== ====

Thanks to bros that helped

KangTuo
30-09-2008, 07:03 PM
KangTuo(old boys)

I not old boys leh... 26yo every year :D:p

Are u goin for "class" tonight? If you go for evening class, i would like to be your classmate; if u go for Night class, then i cant join u. I would like to go home earlier cos Midnight cab fare v expensive leh :p

bro, i attending night class...at abt 12am.
Today JC/GL sure jam. Think of it abit sianzzz...

jackbl
01-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Bingo! U sleep so less can fly to hcmc in the morning meh???!!

i'm guessing i might run into you tonite :D

Leeson
01-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Bingo! U sleep so less can fly to hcmc in the morning meh???!!

the idea is not to sleep leh... reached home at 4am, shower, pack... 5am leave for airport just nice...

Hurricane88
01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
BTW I had passed the CD to bro "drinking king" at kopitiam 42.

Thank you very much for your CD... I shall treasure it very much....:)

jackbl
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
My interpretation, not sure it is accurate or not:

Oh Sis, this noon about 12pm I move that over to where sis is can or not? I'm sorry because "Silent" Linh just say out to let Sis know. I thanks Sis alot....

================================================== ===

xterm8
02-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Hi Need some help here. I can interpret simple vietnamese but these time my Ban Gai send me something that I can't really understand.

I have actually informed her that I would buy her something else other than what she asked me to buy. She then replied with the following:

Dung roi a ah, nhung mui do tham lam. (this part i don't understand)
nhung a muon mua mui do hay mui khac cung dc a ah. (this one should be if I want to buy this item or another item it is also ok)

Thanks in advance.

nomadtribe
02-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi bros out there , mind if anyone who knows vietnamese language to translate the below conversation to english ? Would appreciate any bros who helped .

Party B : uh , suy nghi thui cu don .. de chi noi voi tui nho
================================================== ====

Party A: Hey sister, Around noon today, can I take the ferry over and move in with you? I'm sorry for the last minute notice. Thanks a bunch.

Party B: Ok, Don't think about coming over (not sure about this one).....Let me tell the kids.

nomadtribe
02-10-2008, 07:20 AM
nhung a muon mua mui do hay mui khac cung dc a ah. (this one should be if I want to buy this item or another item it is also ok)

Thanks in advance.

That's right bro (honey), those "mui" very "tham" - not sure what "mui" and "tham" mean without the accent marks.

AdGuy
02-10-2008, 01:49 PM
More and more masters coming into the thread.

I should start taking classes here. :D

VietnamLover
02-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Who tell you that I have husband. You are a liar.

I miss you very much. You have other girlfriend already ha.

jackbl
03-10-2008, 04:05 AM
Ask u to translate the below for u, so long already still didnt do for me :mad:

đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối

More and more masters coming into the thread.

I should start taking classes here. :D

jackbl
03-10-2008, 05:17 AM
I guess she is asking u o buy perfume for her... mù=perfume... i guess not tham but thơm, thơm=frangance...

pls correct me if i m wrong

Thanks in advance.

jackbl
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Camping here to wait for more juicy sms from your gals and at the same time learn from it :D

bro, i attending night class...at abt 12am.
Today JC/GL sure jam. Think of it abit sianzzz...

technofreak
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Firstly i would like to congrats u on the Happy Event.

secondly, you already got a good "teacher" beside u 24X7, u will overtake us in no time.

I would like to vote u as our Chairman. Since HCMC thread has their own chairman, we also can have such title here.... You just need to consult your "sifu" if we cant translate... , and u also have so many "teaching staff" to assist u.

I found out that VietnamLover has a high level of knowledge, and then we also have ShaGua75(old master), SS08(although he seldom come here to "lent" a hand), KangTuo(old boys), RJ2004(new kids on the block), Hurricane88(Big bro of the drinking gang at 42kopi shop), Carrot007(LadyKiller in Little vn), etc (Sorry if i missed out your names)............. So dun worry that we burdened u with too many translations. Thanks a lot!

Thanks...Hope that "mantra" helps. Thanks for the cd revision 2 too. Wei...Why arrow me?? I'm only an innocent bystander...:confused:

I am NOT on par with the MASTER (jackbl) and the Prince (Carrot) of little vn...

Alot of words I never seen before if u guys never post...Helps in my learning too. Thanks. :)

Eh...so what your nick.

PM u liao...:)

jackbl
04-10-2008, 03:49 AM
sorry, my type error not mù but its mùi

I guess she is asking u o buy perfume for her... mù=perfume... i guess not tham but thơm, thơm=frangance...

pls correct me if i m wrong

jackbl
04-10-2008, 03:53 AM
Hi, you may wan to go to the below for some simple translation:
http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de...ict/index.html

Some basic viet lesson:

Lesson table of content (http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnamese/VNLanguage/SupportNS/tableofcontent.htm)

Hi Need some help here. I can interpret simple vietnamese but these time my Ban Gai send me something that I can't really understand.

Thanks in advance.

cashier
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
hi just need this few words meaning

phai

coi

toi

lay

dua

thanks..

guess like that will be easier for all of noob to add into notes of freq use viet words.

AlCIA Duh
04-10-2008, 01:20 PM
hi just need this few words meaning

phai

coi

toi

lay

dua

thanks..

guess like that will be easier for all of noob to add into notes of freq use viet words.

Vietnamese is a tonal language like chinese.

Which mean if I ask for english translation for "shi"..without indicating the tone or giving the whole sentence, there is 4 possible meanings to "shi"

The vietnam language has even more tones. But even if you include it here, unless the bros here went through proper vn education, starting from the "abc" in vn, we wouldn't be able to tell or pronounce either. So it's easier for us to translate if you include the whole sentence rather then single words. Of course for those commonly used, we can roughly guess.

jackbl
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I totally agreed. Even u include the whole sentence, sometime also cant "catch the ball". The best is you tell us the context of the conversation/sms.... For ppl starting the basic, did u visit the site :

Learn Vietnamese online for free! (http://www.101languages.net/vietnamese/) and

The vietnam language has even more tones. But even if you include it here, unless the bros here went through proper vn education, starting from the "abc" in vn, we wouldn't be able to tell or pronounce either. So it's easier for us to translate if you include the whole sentence rather then single words. Of course for those commonly used, we can roughly guess.

jackbl
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Quoting an example for u:

dựa | dứa | dừa | dưa | đua | đùa | đũa | đưa | đứa

dứa =Pineapple
dừa = coconut
dưa =Melon; salted vegetables

See that above refer to same kind of item, FRUITs, but which is the exact one depend on the actual word used :)

dua

thanks..

KangTuo
04-10-2008, 07:02 PM
cam on a trai jackbl cho e CD hoc tieng viet. e cung co roi.
Nguoi Hanoi day tieng viet e nghe kho lam vi e kg thich nguoi Hanoi.

VietnamLover
04-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Vietnamese language is divided into 3 dialect regions: North, Central, and South. They differ in writing and speaking. Even South Vietnamese people may not be able to understand some words which North Vietnamese people speak and vice versa.

Let me state a few examples of words.
English: I, me
N.Vietnam: tôi
C.Vietnam: tui
S.Vietnam: tui

English: how
N.Vietnam: sao, thế nào
C.Vietnam: răng
S.Vietnam: sao

By right, Hanoi accent is the standard Vietnamese language. So all guys here who receive emails or sms from Vietnamese women, if you find some words which you don't understand, it can be that it is another accent, depending on the region where she is from.

I don't proclaim to be very good in Vietnamese language because I am still learning it even through I started it 4 years ago. Chatting with Vietnamese friends in the past 4 years has greatly improved my Vietnamese language. In total, I have about 50 Vietnamese girls and a few Vietnamese guys. In fact, some of them are very good in writing and speaking English. I also know 3 teachers who teach English in Vietnam. Last time, some of the girls told me that they thought that I am Vietnamese man because I can chat with them in Vietnamese. They did not believe me at first when I told them that I am Singaporean man. I had to tell them repeatedly that there was no need for me to tell lie to them at all. And they finally believed me. I must also stress that all of them are decent ladies, not WL or FL which you may think so and some of them are university graduates. :cool:

jackbl
04-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Pass it to another bro who is also interested to learn. tonite u go wher? :D

cam on a trai jackbl cho e CD hoc tieng viet. e cung co roi.
Nguoi Hanoi day tieng viet e nghe kho lam vi e kg thich nguoi Hanoi.

KangTuo
04-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Pass it to another bro who is also interested to learn. tonite u go wher? :D

Uh, e se cho ban e CD.
Toi nay e di M51 uong bia om gai. :D:p

jackbl
05-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Extracted from Wikipedia. Provinces and municipality cities in VN:

A
[+] An Giang Province (1)
B
[+] Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province (1)
[+] Bac Giang Province (1)
[+] Bac Kan Province (1)
[+] Bac Lieu Province (1)
[+] Bac Ninh Province (2)
[+] Ben Tre Province (1)
[+] Binh Dinh Province (1)
[+] Binh Duong Province (1)
[+] Binh Phuoc Province (1)
[+] Binh Thuan Province (1)
C
[+] Ca Mau Province (2)
[+] Can Tho (1)
[+] Cao Bang Province (1)
D
[+] Da Nang (1)
[+] Dak Lak Province (1)
[+] Dak Nong Province (1)
[+] Dien Bien Province (1)
[+] Dong Nai Province (1)
[+] Dong Thap Province (1)

G
[+] Gia Lai Province (1)
H
[+] Ha Giang Province (1)
[+] Ha Nam Province (1)
[+] Ha Tinh Province (1)
[+] Hai Duong Province (1)
[+] Hai Phong (1)
[+] Hanoi (4)
[+] Hau Giang Province (1)
[+] Ho Chi Minh City (10)
[+] Hoa Binh Province (1)
[+] Hung Yen Province (1)
K
[+] Khanh Hoa Province (2)
[+] Kien Giang Province (1)
[+] Kon Tum Province (1)
L
[+] Lai Chau Province (1)
[+] Lam Dong Province (2)
[+] Lang Son Province (1)
[+] Lao Cai Province (1)
[+] Long An Province (1)
N
[+] Nam Dinh Province (1)
[+] Nghe An Province (1)
[+] Ninh Binh Province (1)
[+] Ninh Thuan Province (1)
P
[+] Phu Tho Province (1)
[+] Phu Yen Province (1)
Q
[+] Quang Binh Province (3)
[+] Quang Nam Province (1)
[+] Quang Ngai Province (1)
[+] Quang Ninh Province (1)
[+] Quang Tri Province (2)
S
[+] Soc Trang Province (1)
[+] Son La Province (1)
T
[+] Tay Ninh Province (1)
[+] Thai Binh Province (1)
[+] Thai Nguyen Province (1)
[+] Thanh Hoa Province (1)
[+] Thua Thien-Hue Province (2)
[+] Tien Giang Province (1)
[+] Tra Vinh Province (1)
[+] Tuyen Quang Province (1)
V
[+] Vinh Long Province (1)
[+] Vinh Phuc Province (1)
Y
[+] Yen Bai Province (1)

Hurricane88
05-10-2008, 09:22 PM

KangTuo
06-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Yesterday I got sms from a guy using my gal (HM gal) hp after I called her.

VN guy: Minh la ban chai cua xxxx ne con anh la gi cua xxxx ma minh thai ban goi cho xxxx w vay ha (I am xxxx boyfriend and how are you related to xxxx. I see see you called xxxx)

Me: no reply....

VN guy: Sao anh ko cha loi ha co gi thi noi chu lam gi ma im lang w vay ha toi voi anh cung la hai nguoi dan ong co gi phai ngai chu (why you no reply....., I and you are 2 guys, got what must ......)

Me: anh cung la ban trai cua xxxx. A sap ve vn dua xxxx ve sin. xxxx hoi a biet xxxx kg co ban trai o vn. ( I also boyfriend of xxxx. I anm about to go vn to bring xxxx come back sgp. xxxx say that she do not have boyfriend in vn)

VN guy: Minh hoi anh thiet anh la ban chai cua xxxx qhai ko anh noi thiet cho toi biet 1lan di anh. anh noi thiet di anh la ban chai cua xxxx hai la ban be thoi xxxx noi voi toi anh chi la ban cua xxxx thoi ko phai la ban chai cua xxxx. anh tam su gi tui chuc nhe. ( I tell you I truely that I am boyfriend of xxxx..... you tell truely for me to know 1 time. you say truely you are boyfriend of xxxx or just friend. xxxx say to me that you are just friend and not boyfriend of xxxx. ....)

Me (damn du lan): a la nguoi yeu cua xxxx a sap ve vn dua xxxx ve sin le cuoi. E wen xxxx. Neu e la ban trai cua xxxx, e dc kg cho xxxx qua sin. Neu xxxx qua sin, a se kg cho xxxx gap e roi, e kg goi dt phien a. a kg muon noi chuyen roi. (I am lover belonging to xxxxx. Soon I going to vn to bring xxxx come to sgp for wedding. You forget her. If you can, don't let her come sgp. If she come sgp, I will not let xxxx meet you already. You don't call and disturb me. I don't want to speak to you already)

There are few new phrase/word used and I don't understand.

1) Minh la ban chai....I think most of us use "toi" or "anh". Why would the guy use "Minh". ban chai... i think he mean ban trai.

2) co gi thi noi chu lam gi ma im lang w vay ha

3) co gi phai ngai chu

4) qhai

5) tam su gi tui chuc nhe

Anyway later at night, my gal called me to explain, go internet to chat with me to explain that they were together but they broke off so she come sg to work and get to know me. Now she only like me. "CRAP"... :mad: familiar story to anyone?

She asked me to belief her. Of course I say belief lah. Just that I damn du lan that I played gentleman for 2 mths and never touched her. If she ever come back again, I will defintely bonk her...

jackbl
06-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi, dun be so DU LAN if u are not serious with the gal :D Maybe that guy is serious with her and wanted to find out who u are.

I find it quite "HAPPY" if there's someone asking me why i called his gf ... and if the gal still wanted to talk to me even after the guy disallowed.... making the guy seems "unless".... :D

Me (damn du lan): a la nguoi yeu cua xxxx a sap ve vn dua xxxx ve sin le cuoi. E wen xxxx. Neu e la ban trai cua xxxx, e dc kg cho xxxx qua sin. Neu xxxx qua sin, a se kg cho xxxx gap e roi, e kg goi dt phien a. a kg muon noi chuyen roi. (I am lover belonging to xxxxx. Soon I going to vn to bring xxxx come to sgp for wedding. You forget her. If you can, don't let her come sgp. If she come sgp, I will not let xxxx meet you already. You don't call and disturb me. I don't want to speak to you already)

jackbl
06-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I wan to knock your head for not checking the dictionary first ... :p :D
but since u always contribute so i wil reply u, hihi

1)minh=oneself. He is not your fren nor someone u know. So he use MINH is ok.

3) ngại = Worried; hesitant; fearful or to fear; to be afraid

chứ = (Particle used in question tags with emphatic affirmational implication)

nothing to to be afraid, isnt it?

4) qhai === i think wrong spelling...

1) Minh la ban chai....I think most of us use "toi" or "anh". Why would the guy use "Minh". ban chai... i think he mean ban trai.

2) co gi thi noi chu lam gi ma im lang w vay ha

3) co gi phai ngai chu

4) qhai

5) tam su gi tui chuc nhe

She asked me to belief her. Of course I say belief lah. Just that I damn du lan that I played gentleman for 2 mths and never touched her. If she ever come back again, I will defintely bonk her...

technofreak
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM

Next time don't play the gentleman...You will regret!! Try to be a beast...Fire at sight...;)

KangTuo
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi, dun be so DU LAN if u are not serious with the gal :D Maybe that guy is serious with her and wanted to find out who u are.

I "du Lan" becoz i played gentleman for 2 mths. Should have du her chim... so many chances wasted.

Next time don't play the gentleman...You will regret!! Try to be a beast...Fire at sight...;)

I had always been a beast mah... :D
I am sure not going to play gentleman anymore. Long time no play gentleman so try out on this gal.

VietnamLover
06-10-2008, 04:21 PM
VN guy: Minh la ban chai cua xxxx ne con anh la gi cua xxxx ma minh thai ban goi cho xxxx w vay ha.

Translation: I am xxxx's boyfriend. What are you to xxxx? I see you call to xxxx.

VN guy: Sao anh ko cha loi ha co gi thi noi chu lam gi ma im lang w vay ha toi voi anh cung la hai nguoi dan ong co gi phai ngai chu (why you no reply....., I and you are 2 guys, got what must ......)

Translation: Why didn't you answer? Have anything to say, then say instead of being silent. You and I are 2 men so is there anything that you are afraid of?

VN guy: Minh hoi anh thiet anh la ban chai cua xxxx qhai ko anh noi thiet cho toi biet 1lan di anh. anh noi thiet di anh la ban chai cua xxxx hai la ban be thoi xxxx noi voi toi anh chi la ban cua xxxx thoi ko phai la ban chai cua xxxx. anh tam su gi tui chuc nhe.

Translation: I ask you. Really, you are xxxx boyfriend, is that right? You tell me truly 1 more time. You said truly that you are her boyfriend or is her friend. xxxx tells me that you are only her friend, not her boyfriend. You confide what you wish.

'qhai' is mis-spelt word. Correct is 'phai'.
'anh tam su gi tui chuc nhe.'. No mark signs was given so I am not sure what he is trying to say but I think that he means to say 'You confide what you wish.'

KangTuo
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
I wan to knock your head for not checking the dictionary first ... :p :D
but since u always contribute so i wil reply u, hihi

sorry bro, knock my big head is ok. not my small head ok. need to let con gai use :p

Recently a bit lazy to check out dictionary and add to my vocab. Lately i have been looking for con gai. I need to find a con gai before i put in effort again. :D

deptrai4u
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
sorry bro, knock my big head is ok. not my small head ok. need to let con gai use :p

Recently a bit lazy to check out dictionary and add to my vocab. Lately i have been looking for con gai. I need to find a con gai before i put in effort again. :D

Dear Bro,

From the syntax of that guy, he is definitely a country bumpkin who has little or no formal education. This could mean good news or bad news.. good news bcos he have very low financial fighting chance, bad news becos he have nothing to loose and may do something drastic... however from the contents he writes.. looks like he is the type that will not fight it out with you but go sobbing in the rain.... if confronted by a challenge from you.

The question here is therefore not the bf now, but the girl. For all you know, she is working hard to make money to support him. Many viet girls (not all) are so silly like that... the Viets have a common mentality that they must gang up to screw foreigners by default unless there is a very very strong reasons not to do so.

So my advise to you is to think carefully about that girl's real motive to want to be your gf... could be bcos of :
1. S$
2. stepping on 2 stones...
3. really loves you and willing to forsake everything else

From the fact that the guy still have access to her mobile, they are likely to be still staying together and her motive is unlikely to be real love for you.

So now what if your plan.. you can:
1. Cut loss and drop track
2. Play along, act dumb but do not invest any more money into this
3. buy me coffee and we discuss further...

get the point!??? ;-)

KangTuo
07-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Dear Bro,

From the syntax of that guy, he is definitely a country bumpkin who has little or no formal education. This could mean good news or bad news.. good news bcos he have very low financial fighting chance, bad news becos he have nothing to loose and may do something drastic... however from the contents he writes.. looks like he is the type that will not fight it out with you but go sobbing in the rain.... if confronted by a challenge from you.

The question here is therefore not the bf now, but the girl. For all you know, she is working hard to make money to support him. Many viet girls (not all) are so silly like that... the Viets have a common mentality that they must gang up to screw foreigners by default unless there is a very very strong reasons not to do so.

So my advise to you is to think carefully about that girl's real motive to want to be your gf... could be bcos of :
1. S$
2. stepping on 2 stones...
3. really loves you and willing to forsake everything else

From the fact that the guy still have access to her mobile, they are likely to be still staying together and her motive is unlikely to be real love for you.

So now what if your plan.. you can:
1. Cut loss and drop track
2. Play along, act dumb but do not invest any more money into this
3. buy me coffee and we discuss further...

get the point!??? ;-)

cam on anh trai deptrai.

From the few conversation thru the phone with the guy, I sense that he is the type that will hide a corner and cry. Anyway it is not my concern.

I dun care what is her motive and if she gang up anyone to screw me. (i wish that she gang up with her sis to screw me on bed :p) But I know my motive is to screw her many times on bed. She is not going to be my real love as i only have 1 in VN.

Investment for the past 2 mths:
1) $20 tip at BL
2) $50 tip at HM
3) 1 dinner at Madam Saigon
4) petrol
5) my sleeping hours
6) 1 dozen eagle brand oil.

I shld say not much as I also a lonely person in sillypore and need con gai to accompany me.

buying you coffee in no problem... but when?

hornity
07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
wow. so many viet lovers here! my first time this forum, i am impressed

jackbl
07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Thats very little liao... consider lucky... i also wan to join in for coffee :D kacheng itchy :p

1) $20 tip at BL
2) $50 tip at HM
3) 1 dinner at Madam Saigon
4) petrol
5) my sleeping hours
6) 1 dozen eagle brand oil.

I shld say not much as I also a lonely person in sillypore and need con gai to accompany me.

buying you coffee in no problem... but when?

jackbl
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
河内和胡志明市将建地铁(2008-10-07)

(河内法新电)越南计划耗资近150亿美元(约220亿新元),在河内和胡志明市兴建地铁,以解决这两个城 市目前面对的严重交通拥堵问题。
  根据越南官方网站公布的计划,河内将获得73亿美元的资金,兴建7个铁路轨道;胡志明市则可获得75亿 美元的资金。

越南总理阮晋勇已要求有关官员加速兴建高架和地下铁路系统的筹备工作,以及着重于吸引外资 和贷款。

今年2月,胡志明市开始兴建一个地铁系统,系统包括长达19.7公里的高架和地下铁路轨道,这项工程的 资金主要来自日本的贷款。

目前,地铁计划的大部分资金还未从投资者和开发机构处筹得,但已有法国、德国和中国公司对这个项目感兴 趣。  

deptrai4u
07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
1) tip at BL ---- $20
2) tip at HM ---- $50
3) dinner at Madam Saigon ---- $45
4) petrol ---- $80
5) my sleeping hours ---- $120
6) 1 dozen eagle brand oil. ---- $32.80
7) let her see you with another gal ----- PRICELESS!!

For everything else, we've got VISA .... :D

Honey Boon
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
I "du Lan" becoz i played gentleman for 2 mths. Should have du her chim... so many chances wasted.

I had always been a beast mah... :D
I am sure not going to play gentleman anymore. Long time no play gentleman so try out on this gal.

if after 2 days, I still not up my target, my brother will never forgive me ... so I am always "forced" to do it ... no choice :D

KangTuo
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
if after 2 days, I still not up my target, my brother will never forgive me ... so I am always "forced" to do it ... no choice :D

It has been my style to feed my 'bro' within a week. But lately my 'bro' complain that i anyhow feed him. old hum, crumpy hum, smelly hum, opened hum... so no choice. now have to take time to choose good hum. :D

So have to compete with some sbf bro for syt now... as they should have good tight hum. :p

jackbl
07-10-2008, 03:38 PM
U r welcome.... :D we are same info and attack together. Tonite thou of eating dinner there u know, u goin in for a drink? Sms me

So have to compete with some sbf bro for syt now... as they should have good tight hum. :p

jackbl
08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Water world (Nha Trang)
=================

When the sun casts its first rays on the peaceful Nha Trang Bay, hundreds of fishermen have already put out to sea. But thousands of locals now have an alternative to working in this traditional industry. Some 5,500 people from six fishing villages now work in the field of environmental protection in the Hon Mun Marine Protected Area.

Despite the pressure from economic development, Nha Trang Bay-considered one of the world’s most beautiful bays – retains some of the very few intact coral reefs in Vietnam and Hon Mun has become a pioneer in marine environmental protection in Vietnam.

It takes an hour to travel by boat from Nha Trang Town’s Cau Da Port to Hon Mun Marine Protected Area.

Famous for its white sand, clear blue waters and wild bird’s nests, the 160 square-kilometer Hon Mun Marine Protected Area, the first of its kind in Vietnam, is also a paradise for divers. Underneath the sea there are more than 300 species of coral, 196 species of reef fish, seven species of sea grass, 300 algal species, 112 species of mollusks, as well as several species of star fish, sea urchins and sea cucumbers. Rare marine turtles such as Eretmochelys imbricata and Chelonia mydas are also found in the area.

“Amazingly, my wife and I dived 10 meters deep,” said Le Anh, an overseas Vietnamese who was visiting his homeland. “We saw a kingdom of corals.”

Anh toured Hon Mun with more than 20 other travelers in a vessel named Le Mont St. Michel, which belongs to the Coral Reef Dive Center, one of some 10 businesses that offer diving services in Nha Trang.

But to Thien Long, a local tourist guide: “At the depth of 10 meters tourists have only reached the edge of the ‘forest’ and are yet to see the fantastic world of the interior.”

Only those who have diving licenses are allowed to dive down to 18 meters, where they can witness the busy lives and interactions of lobsters, turtles, groupers and seahorses.

“To look into the 10-meter-deep caves on the seabed, divers have to use flashlights,” Long said.

During the May to September dry season, some local tourist agencies hold night diving trips for the more adventurous.

Japanese tourist Tanaka said his first-ever night diving trip of his life was an eerie experience.

“I jumped into the pitch-black water and tried to survive with a flashlight,” he said. “I felt like that some sea monster was targeting to attack me from the back. It felt chilly, dangerous, but challenging and extremely exciting. The seabed looked amazingly stunning at night, like a bustling city. I could see many kinds of creatures that are said can’t be seen during the day.”

As well as diving, tourists at Hon Mun can try snorkeling, mooring on buoys, jetskiing and parasailing.

Huts on Hon Mun Island are available for groups who want to have a picnic or relax after a morning of swimming, sunbathing and diving.

A model of saving the sea

The appeal of Hon Mun today is the result of a protection project which started in 2001 financed by the World Bank’s Global Environmental Facility, the World Conservation Union and the governments of Denmark and Vietnam.

Local residents of Nha Trang Bay are dependent upon the resources of the bay for their daily livelihoods. However, other than fishing, there are few other activities to support local communities. In 2001, more than 79 percent of women had little or no opportunities for employment and the primary occupation of 79 percent of men was fishing.

Over the last five years, the project has placed significant emphasis on employing people from local villages. By 2005, the average income of people living near the marine park had increased significantly.

The Hon Mun Marine Park Area is the first marine park in Vietnam, representing a new approach to marine protection and management.

It is a successful example of sustainable use of a natural resource. The marine park maximizes biodiversity conservation, minimizes the impact on the environment while appealing to a solid tourism base.

Reported by Luu Hong

Hurricane88
08-10-2008, 01:59 PM
It has been my style to feed my 'bro' within a week. But lately my 'bro' complain that i anyhow feed him. old hum, crumpy hum, smelly hum, opened hum... so no choice. now have to take time to choose good hum. :D

Good one...all the hums in world are oso hums...:)

jackbl
09-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Jazz it up
==========

Jazz clubs are rare in Vietnam. The Sax N’ Art Jazz Club and the Montana Jazz Club, both in District 1, are the best known places to hear jazz in Ho Chi Minh City.

Sax N’ Art Jazz Club, owned and operated by Vietnam’s most famous saxophonist Tran Manh Tuan, was selected as the “Best Jazz Club in HCMC” in 2004 and 2005 by readers of the Vietnam Economic Times newspaper and The Guide magazine.

The five-year-old club boast a central stage which customers can sit around to enjoy music while sipping a drink. Jazz fans should not sit at the bar because it’s difficult to see the stage from there.

The Sax N’ Art Jazz Club is open every night. The Hanoi Jazz Band, musician Hoang Tuan and veteran jazz singer Tuyet Loan are three of the club’s most popular acts.

For the first part of the night, the band plays both famous and lesser known jazz tunes, including some Vietnamese originals on some nights. But after 9 p.m., the artists dive into a jam session and improvise for the rest of the night.

On “special” nights, Tran Manh Tuan performs.

On busy nights, you have to book seats by telephone or come at least 15-30 minutes before the performance.

The club offers a wide range of wines and cocktails. German, French, Mexican and Italian food is also available.

The new Montana Jazz Club, just opened last June, is a fresh face on the Vietnamese jazz scene. Located in the Kinh Bac Restaurant’s garden, the club is not easy to spot from the street. The club is cosy with Western European architecture and a quieter repertoire of jazz favorites. It’s a good place for couples to enjoy a little privacy when out on the town.

“The Montana Jazz Club band is good and very professional. They captivate any audience,” says Tuyet Loan.

Sax N’ Art Jazz Club
28 Le Loi Boulevard, District 1
Average drinks prices from VND100,000 (US$6)

Montana Jazz Club
30 Dong Khoi Street, District 1
Average drinks prices about VND80,000 ($4.80)

Reported by Diem Thu

Hurricane88
09-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Bad debt
Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily (http://www.thanhniennews.com/features/?catid=10&newsid=42713)

Banks move overseas funds to Singapore, HK to avoid US toxicity
Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily (http://www.thanhniennews.com/features/?catid=10&newsid=42621)

jackbl
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Geographical information of HCMC:

胡志明市分成19郡(Quận)和5縣(Huyện):

• 胡志明市第1郡 (Quận 1)
• 胡志明市第2郡 (Quận 2)
• 胡志明市第3郡 (Quận 3)
• 胡志明市第4郡 (Quận 4)
• 胡志明市第5郡 (Quận 5)
• 胡志明市第6郡 (Quận 6)
• 胡志明市第7郡 (Quận 7)
• 胡志明市第8郡 (Quận 8)
• 胡志明市第9郡 (Quận 9)
• 胡志明市第10郡 (Quận 10)
• 胡志明市第11郡 (Quận 11)
• 胡志明市第12郡 (Quận 12)
• 舊邑郡 (塸趿郡, Gò Vấp)
• 新平郡 (Tân Bình)
• 新富郡 (Tân Phú)
• 平盛郡 (Bình Thạnh)
• 富潤郡 (Phú Nhuận)
• 首德郡 (Thủ Đức)
• 平新郡 (Bình Tân)
• 蘇志縣 (Củ Chi)
• 莊鵬縣 (旭菛縣, Hóc Môn)
• 平政縣 (Bình Chánh)
• 芽郫縣 (茹��縣, Nhà Bè)
• 芹耶縣 (芹��縣, Cần Giờ)

jackbl
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Vietnamese film week starts tomorrow
========================

The cinema chain Megastar Cineplex is organizing a “Vietnamese Film Week” event in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City where it will screen some of the most notable Vietnamese movies of the last few years.

The screenings start tomorrow and will last through next Thursday. All tickets are VND30,000 (US$1.80).

Three of the films will be shown with English subtitles - Dong mau anh hung (The Rebel), Sai Gon nhat thuc (Saigon Eclipse) and Hat mua roi bao lau (The Bride of Silence).

Audiences can check out Megastar’s website at MegaStar Cinemas (http://www.megastarmedia.net) and click on the “Khuyen Mai & Su Kien” tab for showtimes and details about other movies that do not have English subtitle. Information about this event is only available in the Vietnamese version of the website.

“The Rebel” showtimes

Hanoi: Oct. 11 – 13:15, 18:15; Oct. 13 – 12:15, 16:45, 21:15

HCMC: Oct. 13 – 11:00, 15:45, 20:30; Oct. 16 – 10:00, 15:00, 19:45

“Saigon Eclipse” showtimes

Hanoi: Oct. 14 – 10:45, 15:45, 20:45 HCMC: Oct. 14 – 13:45, 18:30

“The Bride of Silence” showtimes

Hanoi: Oct. 15 – 12:00, 16:30, 21:00 HCMC: Oct. 12 – 13:15, 18:00

Reported by Aaron Toronto

jackbl
12-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Singapore school, Vietnam firm deny cheating charges
===================================

A group of students who landed in Singapore with high hopes of getting a good education and part-time work are now subsisting on one meal a day of rice and tomato sauce.

Meanwhile, both their school and the consultancy firm that arranged for the admission deny charges by the students and their families that they had cheated them by making false claims.

Over the past several days, disgruntled, angry and anxious parents of 13 students brought their complaints to Thanh Nien saying their children have been left in the lurch in Singapore.

They said in July they had paid Hanoi-based Study Abroad Consultancy and Construction Company Ltd. (SACC Co.) a total of VND1.3 billion (US$78,100) in fees to enroll their children in a 12-month food and beverage service course at Singapore’s Stamford School of Commercial Studies (SSCS).

But after being sent to Singapore in mid-August, the students discovered SACC had not yet transferred their tuition fees to the Singaporean college, leaving them high and dry in the city state.

According to the parents, the firm had boasted the new high school graduates would be eligible for the course and able to work part-time to earn monthly salaries of around VND17 million ($1,021) each. The students would also have opportunities to work overtime at Singaporean restaurants and hotels during weekends.

But speaking with Thanh Nien correspondent in Singapore Friday, SSCS Chief Academic Officer Velayudham S. or Vela, dismissed allegations that his school had promised to help Vietnamese students land good jobs in Singapore while they were studying, saying Singaporean laws prohibited foreign students from working in the city-state.

Vela said he just had told Vietnamese students, who also attended the meeting between Thanh Nien and SSCS officials Friday, that they could apply to the Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower for the Training Work Pass after six months of study at SSCS.

If approved, they could work and if rejected, Vela said, he would help those students look for jobs in other countries like Malaysia or Brunei.

He also told Thanh Nien the course was scheduled for 12 months instead of three years as claimed by SACC.

SACC could have forged a letter which requested a Vietnamese student to pay registration fees of 2,000 Singapore dollars ($1,350) in August, Vela said. The official registration fee of SSCS was just 300 Singapore dollars ($200), he added.

The total tuition fees for the course was just 5,330 Singapore dollars ($3,600) per student, Vela told Thanh Nien. He said he was stunned to learn that each Vietnamese student had paid SACC $6,500 each.

SACC denial

Speaking with Thanh Nien on the phone Friday, SACC director Tran Van Ngai denied the firm had cheated the 13 students, saying it had carried out all the procedures properly. Ngai said SACC had all the invoices and documents proving the firm had paid the tuition fees for the students. But when Thanh Nien requested to see them, Ngai deferred it saying he was busy.

Ngai also said the firm had not vanished into thin air as reported earlier by the media, saying it was just looking for a new location.

When the firm signed the contracts to send the students to Singapore, the city state did allow overseas students to work part-time, Ngai said.

But he was silent when Thanh Nien pointed out that the Singaporean government’s ban had been in place for much longer.

High and dry

Speaking with Thanh Nien Friday, the group of students said shortly after the group arrived in Singapore, the employee of SACC accompanying them disappeared.

The abandoned students rented a dilapidated house to live. With little money, the students resorted to collecting garbage and even selling smuggled tobacco to earn money. Of three arrested for selling illicit tobacco, two have been deported to Vietnam.

The rest of the group are now living in stark difficulties.

“We now eat only once per day. Our usual ration is just tomato sauce. Meat or fish is just a dream,” one student told Thanh Nien.

Vietnamese police say they have launched an investigation into the case.

Reported by Thuc Minh – Le Quang

jackbl
13-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Jazz it up
==========

Jazz clubs are rare in Vietnam. The Sax N’ Art Jazz Club and the Montana Jazz Club, both in District 1, are the best known places to hear jazz in Ho Chi Minh City.

Reported by Diem Thu

For those dun like Jazz, there is also Latin music

==========================
Latin rhythms at Saigon Saigon Bar
==========================
Saigon Saigon Bar, located on the ninth floor of the Caravelle Hotel, offers guests a cozy and romantic hangout spot with indoor tables and an outdoor patio.

Placed on the roof of the original Caravelle Hotel prior to its 1998 renovations, the bar was always in a class of its own.

The famous “rooftop garden bar” was the unofficial watering hole for correspondents and generals during the 1960s and early ’70s.

Lunch offerings include salads, gourmet sandwiches and desserts.

Classic choices range from smoked salmon and avocado salad to tomato & feta cheese salad, classic turkey club sandwich, and Asian shrimp and pork hash. Finish your meal with a signature dessert like the ice mousse nougatine or chocolate espresso ice cream.

In the evenings, the Latin band La Fiesta (Mondays) and Cuban band Warapo (Tuesdays - Sundays) entertain patrons with live music.

Originally founded in 1998 in Cuba’s Central University of Las Villas, Warapo is known for its Latin fusion tunes and strong Cuban rhythm section.

Saigon Saigon’s cocktail list includes catchy concoctions such as Cool Cyclo Driver, Good Morning Vietnam, Miss Saigon, Over Dong Khoi, Rue Catinat and the Saigon-Saigon Slammer.

Saigon Saigon Bar
Caravelle Hotel
Address: 19 Lam Son Square, District 1, HCMC.
Tel: (08) 3823 4999, ext: 27110

Reported by Thanh Van

AdGuy
14-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm also impressed.

TOI NGHI CON TRAI SINGAPORE CHI BIET LAM TINH :D

wow. so many viet lovers here! my first time this forum, i am impressed

jackbl
15-10-2008, 12:32 AM
NBzzzz, ask u to translate the below for me, u ignored me :mad:

đằng sau tính ngọt ngào nằm là sự lừa dối

I'm also impressed.

breast-talk
15-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi ,can bros here help me translate this sentence to tieng viet.

- i will keep you inform if there's any rooms available within your budget.

Cam on ban nhieu:D

AdGuy
15-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Bro,

I believe Bro Jackbl has already provided a very useful tool in VDict.com - Vietnamese Dictionary and Translation - T? ?i?n và d?ch ti?ng Vi?t (http://www.vdict.com).

Please help yourself. :D

Have fun!

Honey Boon
15-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi bro AdGuy .... how's AD? :-) any good recommendation? ;)

I'm also impressed.

AdGuy
15-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh, AD is great, AD is fantastic, AD is fine.

What's AD by the way?

Hi bro AdGuy .... how's AD? :-) any good recommendation? ;)

jackbl
16-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Maybe he is referring to AFTERDARK :D

What's AD by the way?

AdGuy
16-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Oei, who asking you?

You so free then tonite jio you go sing old songs. onz bo? sms me

Maybe he is referring to AFTERDARK :D

Hurricane88
16-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm also impressed.

Me too very impressed with so many tieng viet lovers experts...:)

Honey Boon
16-10-2008, 02:44 PM

What's AD by the way?

haha your nick, Adguy right? :D

Criminalz
16-10-2008, 02:54 PM

it means, your cock very long.

hehehe...

no lah, it just means "thank you very much, friend.", or it could be thank you friend many. i guess the 2nd meaning only make sense if she send to like a thousand pple.

breast-talk
17-10-2008, 12:30 AM
it means, your cock very long.

hehehe...

no lah, it just means "thank you very much, friend.", or it could be thank you friend many. i guess the 2nd meaning only make sense if she send to like a thousand pple.

bro , 2nd sentences wrote by me to u guys....hehe..:D pai sey

just wanna reply sms to one of my tenant. Her english si bay jia luck..same like my tieng viet.:D

David_Villa
19-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Tieng Viet lovers club here i come. :D

retsoor
19-10-2008, 11:08 PM
1) tip at BL ---- $20
2) tip at HM ---- $50
3) dinner at Madam Saigon ---- $45
4) petrol ---- $80
5) my sleeping hours ---- $120
6) 1 dozen eagle brand oil. ---- $32.80
7) let her see you with another gal ----- PRICELESS!!

For everything else, we've got VISA .... :D

chao anh dep trai

your post made me remember this picture...looks like a thai ger (ahem), pls excuse if I am off-topic :)

http://www.moron.com/files/4b3806d29c9ff4ab.jpg

Leeson
20-10-2008, 02:02 PM
just got to know this gal who cant really talk except in viet. first time see people msg me got some of the weird viet characters haha...

some eg:
- E hiêu.nhung e muôn anh noi 1 loi.anh ço yêu em không
- dåz anh chi la cua riêng em thôi.dung yêu ai nua.Gi em yêu anh råt nhiêu.

retsoor
20-10-2008, 03:13 PM
congratulations bro, way to go!

I think the forum software somehow mixed up the characters though. It should be something like this:

E hiêu. Nhưng e muôn anh nói một lời. Anh có yêu em không?
(daz) anh chỉ là của riêng em thôi. đừng yêu ai nữa. Gì em yêu anh rất nhiều.

just trying to learn tieng V myself...I have seen some of these words before :)
The 1st part is easy to understand:

Em understands. But em wants anh [to] speak one word. Does anh love em?
I understand, but I want you to say one word. Do you love me?

She want's you to say that you love her...don't go into that trap too quickly. Tease her :)

now for the 2nd part - do you get it?
My best guess, probably wrong, pls correct me:

does anh have special em already. who you don't love anymore. (because) em loves anh very much.
Do you have a gf already, who you don't love anymore? Because I love you very much.

I can't make sense of Daz, and there are other things confusing me as well, like Gì (could be Vì - because). Also, I am not sure about the chỉ.
just got to know this gal who cant really talk except in viet. first time see people msg me got some of the weird viet characters haha...
some eg:
- E hiêu.nhung e muôn anh noi 1 loi.anh ço yêu em không

Leeson
20-10-2008, 04:56 PM
yeah, i think cos my vista does not have the full character set so a lot of the symbols missing/changed after i copy.

i never really try to understand every single word, just know enough to catch the meaning so i am still ok with the messages. looking at some of the other messages, you are probably right that her usage of gi = vi, and the daz appeared a few times but does not seem to add any meaning either.

now my problem is i never really bothered to learn to speak viet (none of my ex-gfs wanted me to learn) so haha... impossible to have a conversation with her.. we resorted to typing on my phone what we want to tell each other even when we meet :eek:

David_Villa
20-10-2008, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=Leeson;3162366]
now my problem is i never really bothered to learn to speak viet (none of my ex-gfs wanted me to learn) so haha... impossible to have a conversation with her.. /QUOTE]

So ur gf can hv a peace of mind when talking something to her fellow sisters or family members so that u don't understand. Or else their plot will be discover if u know tieng viet! :D

jackbl
21-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Where are u bro KANGTUO? without your interesting sms, here is not as lively as before ... :(

jackbl
21-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Shisha-smoking in HCMC
=================

Ho Chi Minh City’s Warda restaurant, meaning “rose” and named after a famous singer from Saudi Arabia, is a unique Middle-Eastern hideaway well worth a visit.

Located in a small, bustling alley off Mac Thi Buoi Street, the trendy eatery boasts beaded curtains, bold colors and a romantically exotic ambience.

Soft cushions, comfy sofas and a stunning tile motif combine to create a chilled-out atmosphere in which to sit back and sip a refreshing cocktail or comforting cup of tea.

But what Warda is best known for is its offering of fruity tobacco smoked through a traditional shisha (or hookah) – a type of Arabian water pipe.

Flavors such as strawberry, apple and cherry are popular choices of jurak or ma’sal – the fruit tobacco mixture.

Pieces of charcoal are used to heat the jurak and the resulting smoke is passed through the water container at the base of the pipe.

Everyone then takes a turn smoking through the long hose attached to the apparatus.

An evening at Warda is a guaranteed tranquil experience.
=============
Warda Restaurant
=============
Address: 71/7 Mac Thi Buoi St.,
Ben Nghe Ward,
Dist. 1, HCMC

Reported by Thu Thuy

jackbl
21-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Hungry for success
==============

Many among Vietnam’s young workforce say they’re eager to begin rewarding careers but are stymied by poor working conditions and low wages in the public sector.

After graduating with top marks from the Hanoi University of Technology’s information technology department, Tuyen’s teacher recommended him for a job at a government-level agency.

Accepting the prestigious position was viewed as a good career move by Tuyen’s family and friends.

For the first three months, Tuyen had to work as an unpaid apprentice and relied on his parents for financial support.

He was then put on a three-month probation at a salary of VND1.2 million (US$73.25). Like many new graduates, Tuyen accepted the low wages viewing it as a temporary hardship on the way to gaining more experience and a brighter future.

But the financial struggle was harder than Tuyen had anticipated. Rent, food and petrol cost him nearly VND2 million ($122) per month. Not wanting to ask for more money from his parents, the young graduate took a second job as a part-time tutor.

After two years, Tuyen’s monthly salary was increased to a mere VND1.8 million (around $110), despite the fact that he was considered a model employee and an asset to the department.

It was at that point Tuyen finally decided to quit, knowing he simply couldn’t afford to live on his wages.

He applied for work at a foreign information technology company and was offered a starting wage of VND9.93 million ($600) a month.

In Vietnam’s newly flourishing economy, many domestic and foreign enterprises are willing to pay tens ofmillions of dong to keep good staff. Vietnam’s governmental agencies, however, are seemingly unable to retain good talent due to a pay scale that doesn’t allow for the basic necessities of life.

Quantity over quality

After graduating with honors from Hanoi’s Institute for International Relations (now the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam), Quynh, who speaks two foreign languages, applied to a ministry-level office.

In the beginning, she was paid VND1.2 million ($73.25) per month. Like Tuyen, Quynh said the salary was not as important as the experience she thought she would gain.

But Quynh’s expectations of improving her skill set and advancing her knowledge in a professional environment were soon dashed, she said.

In the morning, most staff would arrive on time to avoid being entered into the latecomer list, Quynh said. But they would then gather around and chat idly instead of beginning their daily tasks.

Most employees would work from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and then break for a two-and-a-half-hour lunch and nap. After returning, most would not begin working again until 3 p.m. and would leave promptly at 5 p.m., Quynh said.

The sluggish work environment led Quynh to feel she wasn’t learning or growing and moreover, the low pay wasn’t enough to justify staying in the position.

Eventually, Quynh quit the job she had initially been so eager to start.

“If governmental agencies don’t change their unproductive and bureaucratic working method, and continue to appraise staff by length of service rather than by their ability and achievements, they will not be able to attract talented individuals and will also lose youths’ faith in the state sector," Quynh said.

Work ethic and nepotism

Thanh, another recent university graduate with dreams of developing a rewarding career, applied to a local research institute. The interview process was intense, she said.

Thanh was made to take several tests in English and had to demonstrate proficiency in translating and essay-writing.

Despite the stress of the testing, the rigorous process led Thanh to believe the institute highly valued skills and ability from its employees – a work environment she wanted to be a part of.

But when Thanh began working at the agency, she soon realized that she seemed to be the only one made to conform to its high standards.

According to Thanh, the institute’s director had appointed several positions to family members, whether they were qualified or not.

People’s work ethic was poor and many staff members in high-ranking positions didn’t even speak English, she said.

"It’s not that Vietnamese youth have no spirit of sacrifice but they have [nothing to show] for their contribution," said a former employee of a governmental agency.

Reported by Lan Tuong*

*The writer is a consultant for the Hanoi-based Consultancy on Development Institute, which works to enhance cooperation between public and civil sectors through lobbying policies.

Leeson
21-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Where are u bro KANGTUO? without your interesting sms, here is not as lively as before ... :(

you post your sms la, surely you have a lot too :p

ADVERBS
additionally | also | as well - cung
afterwards | later - muon xoi
again | anew | once more | over again | re- - lai
already - da ….roi
always - luon luon
beautiful - dep
certainly | surely - chac chan
clearly | plainly - ro rang
early - som
everywhere - o moi noi
far - xa, xa xoi, xa xam
frequently | often | oft - thuong xuyen
here - day
late - cham, muon
likely | probably - co the dung
loudly - am i
maybe | perhaps | possibly - co the, hau nhu chac chan
much | very - nhieu, tot cung
naturally - von, tu nhien
near | closely - gan, can
neatly | cleanly - gon gang
never - khong bao gio
now - bay gio
nowhere - khong noi nao
only | solely | exclusively - chi co mot
seldom | rarely | infrequently - hiem, it khi
sometimes | somewhen - thinh thoang, doi khi
soon | shortly | before long - khong xa
still | yet - dung yen
there - o noi do
today - hom nay
tomorrow - ngay mai
usually | normally - theo cach thong thuong
well - lam
heavy - nang ne
high - cao
hollow - rong
horrific | terrifying | terrorizing - kinh khung
improved | ameliorated - cai tien
intelligent - biet
interesting - lam quan tam
invited - loi moi
known - do nhan dan
light - nhe
liquid | fluid - long
long - dai
loud | noisy - to
low - rong
moving | in movement - dong
much | lots - nhieu
narrow - hep
near - gan
new | recent - moi
next - ngay ben
nice | kind | affable | gentle - hien lanh, dep
numerous | many - nhieu
old - gia
old | ancient - co
open - ngo
orange - qua cam
other | another - khac
poor | impoverished - ngheo
primitive | prehistorical | primeval | primordial - nguyen thuy
prior | preceding | previous - truoc
rich | wealthy - giau
right | correct - dung
round | circular - tron
same | identical | selfsame - don dieu, deu deu
satisfied - thoa man
short - ngan
sick | ill - om, dau
similar - dong dang
simple | unsophisticated - don
slow - cham
small | little - nho be, be bong
soft | yielding to pressure - mem
strange | weird | unusual | peculiar - la
decide | decision - giat quyet giai quyet
demonstrate | prove | demonstration | proof - to ra
die | death - chet
discover | discovery - kham pha ra
discuss | talk about | converse | discussion | conversation - thao luan, noi
do | perform | engage in | act | execute | action | activity - lam, thuc hien, lam cho, gay cho
draw | sketch | act of drawing - dua
drink | drinking - uong
drive - lai
eat - an
end | finish | end - lam xong
enter | go into | entry | entrance - di vao
erase | delete | eliminate | deletion - xoa
exist | there is | there are | be | existence - ton tai
expect | anticipate | expectaction | anticipation - mong cho
experience | undergo | go/live through - trai qua
explain | explicate | expound | explanation - thanh minh
fall | drop - roi
feel | feeling | sentiment | emotion - cam thay
feel fear - so
fight | combat - chien dau
find - thay
fly | flight - bay
follow - theo
forget | forgetting - quen, khong nho den
get | acquire | gain | obtain | benefit | acquisition - mua
give - cho
go - di
grow | expand | growth - lon len
hate | loath | loathe - cam thu
have - co
heal - chua khoi
hear | act of hearing - nghe
heat - dot nong
help | assist | aid | assistance - giup
hit | strike - nham danh
hope - hy vong
injure | damage | harm | hurt - dau
invite | invitation - dua ra loi noi
keep | retain - giu
sing | singing - hat
sit - ngoi
sleep | sleeping | nap - ngu
smile - cuoi
snows | it's snowing - tuyet roi
speak | talk | say | express in words | speech - vai cheo, noi
spend | pay out | expend | expense -
stand - dung
steal | rob | robbery | theft - trom
study - nghien cuu
succeed | win | success | victory - chiem
take | taking - cam
take off - bo, coi, giat ra bo
taste - vi
teach | educate | teaching | instruction | tuition - day
tell | state | relate - noi
think | intend | consider | ponder - nghi
throw | toss - nem
touch | contact - dat toi
translate - dich
travel | journey - di du lich
try | attempt | endeavor - thu
understand | comprehend | understanding | comprehension - hieu
unite | join | combine | merge | union | combination - noi lien
visit - tham quan
vote - phieu
wait | await - cho
wake up - tinh day
walk - di tan bo
want | wish | desire - thieu, nguyen vong
work - su lam viec
write | writing - viet

Hurricane88
21-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the forum software somehow mixed up the characters though. It should be something like this:

just trying to learn tieng V myself...I have seen some of these words before :)

Thank you for sharing....another tieng viet expert....:)

jackbl
21-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the contribution. As for my sms, due to the phone i using, i cant keep many sms, so those that i dun understand i wil keep and ask those "teachers" when available. those i know i wil delete away... :p

you post your sms la, surely you have a lot too :p

jackbl
21-10-2008, 01:35 PM
did i see u on Monday? i dun recognise u so now i m asking....

Thank you for sharing....another tieng viet expert....:)

KangTuo
22-10-2008, 10:07 AM

I went MIA ... :D
It is still a very lively...

Going vn this weekend

deptrai4u
22-10-2008, 11:12 AM
congratulations bro, way to go!

I just trying to learn tieng V myself...I have seen some of these words before :)

Em understands. But em wants anh [to] speak one word. Does anh love em?
I understand, but I want you to say one word. Do you love me?

She want's you to say that you love her...don't go into that trap too quickly. Tease her :)

Wow Bro restoor, you are in here too!!! Way to go with the translation and advice man! I will see you next week Wed in Hanoi.

Now, the 2nd part of the translation..

"Now you only belongs to me {that means you must not belong to no one else, you are MINE MINE MINE .. all MINE!!! Viet woman are very possessive one}, and please don't go love anyone else.. whatever the fuck is.. i love you very very much already!"

Now depending on the circumstances, you will likely have better chance to get her out of her panty if you continue to tease her and play it cool...

jackbl
22-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Maybe u can get to meetup w CARROT, he went hanoi on Monday, maybe weekend wil be back in hcm...

which part u goin?

I went MIA ... :D
It is still a very lively...

Going vn this weekend

Leeson
22-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow Bro restoor, you are in here too!!! Way to go with the translation and advice man! I will see you next week Wed in Hanoi.

Now, the 2nd part of the translation..

"Now you only belongs to me {that means you must not belong to no one else, you are MINE MINE MINE .. all MINE!!! Viet woman are very possessive one}, and please don't go love anyone else.. whatever the fuck is.. i love you very very much already!"

Now depending on the circumstances, you will likely have better chance to get her out of her panty if you continue to tease her and play it cool...

troi oi, i never contact her one day only she sent me the following msg haha:

hom nay a ko them nhan tin cho e luon nha. a co bit e nho a lam ko. ret a lam.

sticky sia, think i better find another con gai to play :rolleyes:

VietnamLover
22-10-2008, 05:42 PM
- E hiêu. nhung e muôn anh noi 1 loi.anh ço yêu em không
- I understand. But I want you talk 1 word. Do you love me?

- You only belong to me. Don't love anyone more. Because I love you very much.

Leeson
22-10-2008, 05:54 PM
wah one sentence a few people see and all interpret slightly differently hehe... :p

and i just remembered that i can get zapped for no apparent reason in this forum -.-!

jackbl
23-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Next, i will like to intro the province of Đồng Nai. Just 1 hr of car trip, u can reach this plc from hcmc. Many of our "teachers" came from here :D

行政區劃
======
邊和市 (thành phố Biên Hoà)
隆慶市 (thị xã Long Khánh)
定館縣 (Định Quán)
隆城縣 (Long Thành)
仁澤縣 (Nhơn Trạch)
新富縣 (Tân Phú)
統一縣 (Thống Nhất)
永久縣 (Vĩnh Cửu)
春祿縣 (Xuân Lộc)
錦美縣 (Cẩm Mỹ)
莊崩縣 (Trảng Bom)

Area: 5,895 square kilometers
Population (2002): 2,095,500
Main Cities: Bien Hoa

Geography
Dong Nai is situated on the economic hub of southern Viet Nam and bordered by: east by Bình Thuận, north-east by Lâm Đồng, north-west by Bình Dương and Bình Phước, south by Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, west by Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

同奈省位於越南,區屬東南部,北與平福省、林同省相鄰,南接巴地頭頓省,東鄰平順省,西接平陽省、胡志明市 。

Dong Nai province has an advantage traffic system with many backbone national roads crossing such as: National route 1A, national route 20, National route 51, North – South railway lines; Locating adjacently to the Saigon Port and Tan Son Nhat International Airport offers many advantages to economic activities in the location. Its location is very important for the development of the Southern economic main hub and a junction of the South Eastern and Tay Nguyen Highland.

Demographics
The population of Đồng Nai is primarily the dominant Kinh (Viet) ethnicity, although there are residents of the Chinese, Nung, Tay, and Cham minorities.

Climate
Dong Nai lies in the monsoon tropical zone and is affected by the north-east and south-west monsoon. It is also put under the influence of Pacific Ocean tropic atmosphere between April and October. Climate is cloven in two distinct seasons. The rainy season lasts from March or April to November and the dry season from December to March or April of the following year. Average temperature goes between 23.9 – 29.0C, much lower than standard level of the tropical regions (26-30C). Its rainfall is quite high with 1,500 mm – 2,700mm.

On average, the weather is sunny for 4-9.5 hours a day and does not exceed 11.5 hours per day, even on the hottest and sunniest days. Total rainy days within a year are between 120 - 170 days (standard level of tropical region is 150 - 160 days) with total rainfall of some 1,500 - 2,750 mm. The average humidity is around 80 - 82% and humidity in the dry season is 10 - 12% lower than that of the rainy season. The humidity is inconsiderably differential among the areas.

Dong Nai province's weather with regular sunshine, rain and high humidity equally found in the localities facilitates agricultural production and development of industry and cultural and tourism activities.

Resources
Dong Nai is plentiful with forest resources, granite mine, construction stone, clay, kaolin, puzzolan, sand, gravel, etc.

Besides, Dong Nai Province is based essentially on the system of lakes, dams and rivers, of which Tri An Lake with 323 km² and over 60 rivers, rivulets and canals are very favourable for the development of a number of aquatic products: raft – bred fish, bred shrimps.

Transportation
Dong Nai has big progress of investment in upgrading transport system, especially in roads. National highway system with total 244.5 km long has been improving and widening up to delta highway level 1 and 2 standard (National Highway No 5 and 6) or up to third grade like National Highway No 20 to Da Lat, on that way there was 75 kilometers in the province territory had been spread on the surface). Roads system in the province lengthens 3.339 kilometers, of which nearly 700 kilometers is tar surface roads. Moreover, roads system under commune and ward management, roads in farms, industrial parks make a continuous system to localities, 100 percent communes and wards have roads for cars to its center.

Under scheme in the near future, high speed ways system to Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province and Ho Chi Minh City, Bien Hoa-Vung Tau railway system, upgraded provincial roads No 726 and connecting national highway No 20 and No 1 with national highway No 51 will create a complete system, serving for socio economic development demand locally and regionally.

Economy
Đồng Nai is an industrial province which experienced heavy investment from foreign investors in shipping, food products and manufacturing industries since Vietnam opened to foreign investment in the late 1980s.

Đồng Nai is rapidly modernizing, and because of proximity to Saigon as well as a relatively well-developed infrastructure, commerce has thrived in the province. Đồng Nai is widely electrified, and telephone networks and even ADSL internet connectivity was widespread in the city of Biên Hòa as of January, 2004. Even though the cost of living and labor in Vietnam is below that of even India and the Philippines, economic investment is predicted to continue to increase in Đồng Nai.

Geographical information of HCMC:

胡志明市分成19郡(Quận)和5縣(Huyện):

Hurricane88
24-10-2008, 11:24 AM
did i see u on Monday? i dun recognise u so now i m asking....

Hahaha....yes, you did and I din see you on board...:)

KangTuo
25-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Have been picking vn gal in pub and outside BL. 1st time feel so bad when i dump this gal i pick up from outside BL. :(

sms from her:

1) Dem nay la dem cuoi e nhan tin cho a. Va cung la dem cuoi e noi tieng thuong a. Ngay ma e quay lai. Thi khi gap lai nhau thi tinh thuong do chi la be ban hoac tinh a e thoi. e xin chuc cho a duoc hanh phuc ben nguoi yeu moi.

2)that su trong long e k dam gian hon ai ca. e chi gian e vi da dem het long thuong a cho nen bay gio e phai ganh lay hau qua thoi. cau xin loi k co the bu dap duoc gi cho e dau.

casannova03
25-10-2008, 03:43 PM
help help......:

ba chu em noi quen a lam gi. Tai a kg biet ga lang. nen co chu e va ban e o day e kg muon noi chuyen voi

i understand some and not some....

jackbl
25-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu
=============
It is located on the coast of the country's southeastern region. It also includes the Côn Đảo islands, located some distance off Vietnam’s southeastern coast. From 1954 to 1975, this province belonged to the Republic of Vietnam.

Administration
Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu is divided into six districts:

Châu Đức
Côn Đảo (National Park)
Đất Đỏ
Long Điền
Tân Thành
Xuyên Mộc
The town of Bà Rịa is a separate municipality, as is the city of Vũng Tàu.

Economy
Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu provincial economic activities include: petroleum (the most important), electricity at Phú Mỹ Power Center and Bà Rịa Power Plant (accounting for approx. 40% of the country’s total power capacity), petrochemicals: Phú Mỹ Urea Plant (800,000 metric tonnes per year, polyethylene (100,000 metric tonnes/year), steel production, and cement production. Tourism, commerce and fishing are also important economic activities of the province. Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu contributes greatly to the country’s budget. In 2005, it accounted for around 24% of Vietnam’s budget (VND 42,000 billion of total VND 180,000 billion (exchange rate VND/USD: 16,000), ranking second, after Hồ Chí Minh City before Hà Nội (VND 28,000 billion in 2005). The provincial GDP per capita ranks second to none in the country, over USD 4,000, if excluding petroleum GDP, it is over USD 2000 (Hồ Chí Minh City ranks second with this index USD 1,850). However, in term of standard of living, Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu is third to Hồ Chí Minh City and Hà Nội. Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu is also one of the leading direct foreign investment (FDI) attractions of Vietnam, in the top five of FDI acquisition provinces of Vietnam. In tourism, there are some big projects licensed or to be licenced soon: Saigon Atlantis resort (capitalized USD 300 million), Vungtau Aquarium and Bau Trung entertainment park (USD 500 USD), Xuyen Moc safari (USD 200)...Vũng Tàu is an important tourist destination, being particularly well known for its beaches, for its colonial-era architecture, and for a large statue of Jesus on a hill by the sea.

History
With the exception of the Côn Đảo islands, all of Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu province was once a part of Đồng Nai Province to the north. In 1979, Vũng Tàu was broken away from Đồng Nai and merged with the Côn Đảo islands (formerly part of Hậu Giang Province), forming the new Vũng Tàu–Côn Đảo “special zone”. Later, in 1992, Bà Rịa was also broken away from Ðồng Nai Province, merging with Vũng Tàu–Côn Đảo to form the modern province of Bà Rịa–Vũng Tàu.

jackbl
26-10-2008, 09:58 AM
My lady boss say forget you la. Because u dun know how to take care of gal (Financially) so have lady boss and my frens here I dun wan to talk to u.

help help......:

ba chu em noi quen a lam gi. Tai a kg biet ga lang. nen co chu e va ban e o day e kg muon noi chuyen voi

jackbl
26-10-2008, 10:04 AM
If i m not wrong, sgp had built an industrial park there....

Bình Dương
========
It is located in the southeastern part of the country, immediately to the north of Hồ Chí Minh City. The province was created from Sông Bé Province on January 1, 1997.

Geography
Bình Dương Province is situated on relatively level terrain, and is crossed by the Saigon, Đồng Nai, and Bé rivers.

Economy
The area is considered to be good cropland, and agriculture is an important industry in the province. Bình Dương is also home to a significant manufacturing industry, and in the first half of 2004, the province had the second highest levels of foreign investment in Vietnam. Nike, Adidas, H&M and McDonald’s have set up factories to manufacture goods they sell locally and abroad in the province.[1] The southern Dĩ An and Thuận An wards are highly urbanised and have eventually merged into the Hồ Chí Minh City metropolitan area.

Administration
Bình Dương is divided into six districts:

Bến Cát
Dầu Tiếng
Dĩ An
Phú Giáo
Tân Uyên
Thuận An
The provincial capital, Thủ Dầu Một, is a separate municipality.

Demographics
Originally, the area now known as Bình Dương was heavily forested, and was dominated by peoples of the Xtiêng, Cho Ro, Mnong, and Khmer Krom ethnic groups. In the 17th century, however, ethnic Vietnamese settlers arrived in the region from the east. Most were peasants, seeking to escape poverty by gaining land of their own. There were also a number of refugees from a war between two feudal houses. In 1698, there were enough people in the area that a prominent Vietnamese general was sent to establish official institutions and enforce law. From that point, Bình Dương developed rapidly, with extensive clearance of forests to make room for crops. The province is now dominated by ethnic Vietnamese.

jackbl
26-10-2008, 10:09 AM
From her sms content, i guess u must have promised her something or some status... make/give some hopes and now her hope vanished :(

bro, my advice... dun make too many gals "dau tinh" and "dau chim"

Have been picking vn gal in pub and outside BL. 1st time feel so bad when i dump this gal i pick up from outside BL. :(

Hurricane88
26-10-2008, 12:05 PM
help help......:

My lady boss say forget you la. Because u dun know how to take care of gal (Financially) so have lady boss and my frens here I dun wan to talk to u.

You must have tipped her not enough....or others tipped her more so she has no time for you la....just continue to enjoy yourself lor....up you humble 3 points....:)

casannova03
26-10-2008, 01:57 PM

cam on nhieu!! bay gio toi biet em yeu cua toi dang nhan tin gi roi!!

i thought it was something along the line too but was not too sure with the words GA LANG...does it really mean cannot take care financially??? cos i think i must be one of the few crazy fellows who always give generous tips (3 digits)-to her only- so it does not make sense here....i dun mean to say you are wrong bro dun get the wrong idea..

it just does not make sense in my context of conversation with her... i was thinking if she meant to say that i cannot take care of her anyway even if i want to cos she know i already have a ba xa....can it be the case bro??

casannova03
26-10-2008, 02:09 PM
You must have tipped her not enough....or others tipped her more so she has no time for you la....just continue to enjoy yourself lor....up you humble 3 points....:)

cannot be lei bro...i always give her generous tips and she knows it... minimum also 100 always and never go' khach san' so i dun think i treat her badly financially lei.

Can the translation be something like that??

~ba chu em noi quen a lam gi.~
My sister say still be acquainted with you for what,

~ Tai a kg biet ga lang. ~
you dun know.....

~nen co chu e va ban e o day e kg muon noi chuyen voi~

this part i know cos i was on the phone with her before she ended the call.....

so in summary is this msg an angry one bros??

RJ2004
26-10-2008, 05:55 PM
cannot be lei bro...i always give her generous tips and she knows it... minimum also 100 always and never go' khach san' so i dun think i treat her badly financially lei.

i dun think the msg is an angry one, just explaining the situation... how long have you known her/spent on her?

jackbl
27-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Care to share what the following means?

yeu la chet trong long mot it
vi may khi yeu co duoc yeu
cho rat nhieu song nhan chang bao nhieu
nguoi ta phu hoac tho o chang biet

jackbl
27-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I sms your enquiry to 1 of my vn fren, although her english not powerful, but the meaning is along the line.... maybe just strike off the word "financially".... meaning u cannot take care of her......

i thought it was something along the line too but was not too sure with the words GA LANG...does it really mean cannot take care financially??? cos i think i must be one of the few crazy fellows who always give generous tips (3 digits)-to her only- so it does not make sense here....i dun mean to say you are wrong bro dun get the wrong idea..

it just does not make sense in my context of conversation with her... i was thinking if she meant to say that i cannot take care of her anyway even if i want to cos she know i already have a ba xa....can it be the case bro??

jackbl
27-10-2008, 11:38 AM
联合国:受通胀和金融风暴影响 越南濒贫家庭或深陷极贫

(2008-10-27)(河内法新电)联合国警告,在双位数通货膨胀和环球金融风暴的冲击下,处于贫困边缘的越南家庭,有可 能再度坠入极度贫困的深渊。
  联合国驻越南协调员亨德拉说,尽管越南近年经济飞腾,但有许多群体依然面临缺粮的威胁,尤其是无地阶级 的农民、城市穷人和少数民族。

环球商品和能源价格已从今年的高峰价位回跌,越南通胀数字也相应下滑,但当地本月份的通胀率依然保持在 26.7%的高水平,以致最边缘化的家庭经济上受到挤压。

亨德拉指出,环球金融危机多半也会冲击以出口为主导的越南经济。

他日前在全国播映的电视讲话中说:“这些经济挑战结合起来,令越南的除贫进展面对威胁。”

根据联合国数据,“许多越南家庭的财务缩水,特别是较穷困者,部分家庭确实有可能重坠贫困线以下,那些已经 坠入(贫困线下)的,则需要更多帮助。”

“穷妇孺尤其岌岌可危,因为他们原本就不充足的营养状况,有可能因为粮价上涨而恶化。”

这十多年来,越南一直享有7.5%以上的经济增长,让数以千万计的穷人得以脱贫。但是过去一年,发展过 热的越南经济受到双位数通胀和其他经济问题的冲击,粮食、汽油价格高涨更让穷人首当其冲,并引 发社会不满。

亨德拉上周曾指出,越南整体并不缺粮,有些农民还因为高粮价而受益,但当地有过半家庭是粮食净购者,他 们的实质购买能力已经下降。

因为这个缘故,低技术和无地阶级农民、年长者等群体实际上“短期内不但情况更糟,长期获得足够粮食的能力也 受到挑战”。

最贫困的家庭可能被迫让孩子辍学或减少医药开支。
  而处境最危急的是少数民族,包括中部高原和西北山区的族群,他们已经面对“高贫率,以及五岁以下孩童发 育迟缓比率介于中度到严重”的问题。

亨德拉建议越南加强社会安全计划,改善贫困数据收集工作,以便更准确、更迅速地确认风险最高的群体,对 他们施予援手。

他也警告,越南迅速工业化对粮食安全长期构成威胁,农村地区将因为“供工业、住宅、旅游和消闲用途的地 段需求不断增长”,而面对压力。

Hurricane88
27-10-2008, 11:43 AM

----
~nen co chu e va ban e o day e kg muon noi chuyen voi~

this part i know cos i was on the phone with her before she ended the call.....

so in summary is this msg an angry one bros??

As long as you are happy, you can think whatever you wanted...you are the best person to know if the msg is angry or to lead you on for more ....hahaha...:)

Care to share what the following means?

yeu la chet trong long mot it
vi may khi yeu co duoc yeu
cho rat nhieu song nhan chang bao nhieu
nguoi ta phu hoac tho o chang biet

love is die a little bit inside the heart
cause love sometimes dun have any return
gives alot but receives back just a bit
someone gives up or dun care

casannova03
27-10-2008, 09:07 PM
i dun think the msg is an angry one, just explaining the situation... how long have you known her/spent on her?

hope so...haha... anyway she went back to vn liao so i have not called her vn phone yet so i dunno if she's angry....anyway i have known her for about half a year liao...spent?? hmmm dunno man never count maybe thousand +++ ba......

casannova03
27-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I sms your enquiry to 1 of my vn fren, although her english not powerful, but the meaning is along the line.... maybe just strike off the word "financially".... meaning u cannot take care of her......

thanks bro for the effort.....i think i have up ur points but if dun have pls let me know k....thanks really!!

jackbl
28-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Brides on sale
==========
When the transaction is primarily commercial in nature, marriages are made in hell.
She saw marriage to a wealthy foreigner as an escape from “private misfortune,” but V had no idea what she was letting herself in for.

After living with her South Korean husband for less than a month, the Vietnamese woman in her twenties had to flee.

She was on the verge of hysteria as she narrated her harrowing ordeal to Thanh Nien.

Through a match-making agency, V met a South Korean man with the family name of Kwon in his 50s. He said he was a construction engineer with a monthly salary of US$7,000 and had been divorced once.

In South Korea, V and her husband lived in a two-bedroom apartment and Kwon bought her a telephone and a computer for her room.

But she soon learnt from neighbors that she was the fourth wife of the man who had previously married two Korean women and later a Vietnamese wife.

She also discovered that his previous Vietnamese wife had spent less than a month with him, and also escaped.

And the “construction engineer” was always at home, never going out to work. He told her he had been given time off to enjoy his new life with V.

She got panicky as her husband made incessant demands for sex.

He wanted it everyday and sometimes engaged in “queer acts” with her at home, in the elevator, car and on way to visit their friends’, V said. He even abused her when he was watching television, not allowing her to return to her room.

He showed no concern for his partner’s feelings and was willing to have sex immediately after a quarrel, V said.

Once, after a few days of living together, V refused him because she was tired, and he immediately grew angry.

He uninstalled all the equipment in her room, including the telephone, the computer and even took away her clay piggy bank that she kept to save small change.

The following day, he came to apologize and requested V to agree to have sex with him once every two days.

“It was very painful.”

During one of their frequent quarrels, he threatened to strangle her. V then drew out a knife from the kitchen box, gave it him and told him to kill her if he can’t respect her as a human being.

She knew then that she had to get away from him.

She approached the South Korea-based match-making agency (PIM) that had arranged the meeting between her and Kwon, and insisted on the divorce despite all their efforts to effect a reconciliation.

Finally, they threatened that V had to give back all her wedding gifts including jewelry, mobile phone, and souvenirs that her husband gave her, in “accordance with Korean customs.”

In the days she waited for the trial, V was cut off from the telephone and banned from cooking. She survived in the apartment with a package of instant noodles she had brought there from Vietnam.

After court ruled on the divorce, V was forbidden from entering the apartment by security staff of the apartment building.

Match-fixing

V stressed to Thanh Nien that although the whole affair was fraught with problems, it was a completely legal affair.

She was introduced to Kwon by a legal agency – the Marriage Assistance Center (MAC) under the Ho Chi Minh City Women’s Federation.

After a brief wedding party within a week of meeting each other, the husbands left for South Korea and the Vietnamese brides were grouped together in a two-story building at 36/20 Giai Phong Street in Tan Binh District, while legal documents were finalized for them to leave the country.

During this period, the brides were given courses in Korean culture, custom and tradition, cooking and flower decoration.

Everyday, a MAC staff delivered money for food. When V was staying there in late 2007, she and 15 other brides were given a total of VND35,000 ($2).

She demanded better food rations and the sum was increased to VND50,000 ($3) a day.

V said she knows many of her compatriots in South Korea were also ill-treated and sexually abused by their husbands or husband’s relatives.

They were also beaten but refused to divorce for fear of staying far away from their children, being sneered at by neighbors in Vietnam, or unable to return her payment of VND40 million.

Recently, Th, a bride introduced by the MAC, tried to commit suicide but she was luckily rescued, V said.

Mutual trust

In an interview with Thanh Nien, Nguyen Thi Bach Tuyet, MAC director, affirmed that her agency cooperates with South Korean company PIM in the match making service.

Introducing Vietnamese brides to foreign men whose identities are not confirmed is quite dangerous. So her center joined hands with PIM to provide better service, with the permission of the HCMC Women’s Federation, Tuyet explained.

“We cooperate on the basis of mutual trust.”

The South Korean company is responsible for investigating and sending personal information about South Korean bridegrooms to Vietnam.

“In the last two years of cooperation, most information they gave us was exact and reliable.”

Tuyet also emphasized that the two agencies only introduced both sides and created the opportunity for them to meet and learn about each other, and there was absolutely no coercion or force to enter the marriage.

Her agency had introduced only 256 local women to be the wives of South Korean men since its establishment in 2003. Meanwhile, each month the South Korea General Consulate in HCMC granted visas to 400 Vietnamese women for marriage-related permanent residence in their country.

The limited number shows MAC prioritizes careful selection, Tuyet said. She conceded that a week was not enough for two people to meet and get married, but the decision is made by the Vietnamese brides, and MAC and PIM respect their selection.

The pledge to refund VND40 million if a divorce took place in the first six months, is required to make the wives be more responsible with their decision, Tuyet explained.

She also confessed that her agency could not help them much in South Korea, except to request assistance from South Korean authorities or the PIM company.

jackbl
28-10-2008, 12:57 AM
More tourists choose Vietnam over Thailand
===========================

More Japanese and Korean tourists are travelling to Viet Nam instead of Thailand because of the volatile politics in that country, according to tour companies in HCM City.

Japanese and Korean tour companies are providing tours to Viet Nam as compensation for their customers, although the price of a tour to Viet Nam is US$150 higher than one to Thailand.

In related news, travel operators taking part in a seminar entitled the “People’s Contribution in Tourism,” said that in recent years Da Lat, Hue, and Hoi An have done a good job in mobilizing inhabitants to participate in tourist-oriented festivals, especially the Da Lat flower festival, Hue festival, and the Hoi An full moon festival.

The seminar was held Thursday by the Association of Cities of Viet Nam and by Germany’s Konrad Adenauer Stiftung.

Homestay tours are one of the most popular kind of tours for foreigners visiting Viet Nam, said a travel operator. (SGGP)

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Can anyone help me translate:
"nho giu gin suc khoe"?

Thanks

drassen
28-10-2008, 07:45 AM
"nho giu gin suc khoe"?

Thanks

remember to take good care of your health. (记得要照顾好自己的身体)

jackbl
28-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Another potential adviser... please come here often to lend a hand in translation... :D

Leeson
28-10-2008, 11:25 AM
hope so...haha... anyway she went back to vn liao so i have not called her vn phone yet so i dunno if she's angry....anyway i have known her for about half a year liao...spent?? hmmm dunno man never count maybe thousand +++ ba......

wah, you the man, so wad you expecting from her? :p

casannova03
28-10-2008, 01:17 PM
wah, you the man, so wad you expecting from her? :p

no la...i play cheat la....haha cos i count in all the bill for drinks whenever i go see her....hahaha!!! so maybe 30% drinks bill and the rest her tips lor...

hmmm... i really dun know but i just want to see her happy lor....actually she was married in vn to a viet guy whose family is freaking rich....but according to her she left him because she cannot stand the fact that all he does is drink gamble and waste his family's fortunes and of course the drunken behaviour when he gets home....

shes here to work to earn money for herself cos she's got no family back home except her granny who dun need her support anyway...

and the good thing is she's got character really...which WL will leave a rich husband ...i mean isn't that what a lot of them are looking for?? so she understands that i will never leave my wife for her and all she expects is for me to spend time with her whenever my schedule allows...but....it is never enough for her i guess so she gets upset somethimes...

naemlo
28-10-2008, 01:19 PM
hmmm... i really dun know but i just want to see her happy lor...

Move on with life... :rolleyes:

Reaper
28-10-2008, 02:03 PM
hmmm... i really dun know but i just want to see her happy lor....actually she was married in vn to a viet guy whose family is freaking rich....but according to her she left him because she cannot stand the fact that all he does is drink gamble and waste his family's fortunes and of course the drunken behaviour when he gets home....

That is a very very common thing here in Vietnam. You can see it everywhere

zhu star
28-10-2008, 02:08 PM
This look like a nice thread to ask some question on Vietnam history. Can anyone recommend which is the best places to visit in HCM and Dalaut with my other loving half

Recommendation of nice and cheap hotels is also appreciated.

I know I can search for such info from the web or ask my viet gf but I think it is better if I ask all the viet experts.

zhu star
28-10-2008, 02:17 PM

In my eight years of experience with them, I dare say that majority are married n divorce before they arrived here to work. Also many already has kids. The same old songs has been heard many times in the pubs that I already used to it. A co-worker of mine manages to spend his insurance payout of S$26,000 in about 5 weeks in blue region.

casannova03
28-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Move on with life... :rolleyes:

yaya so how far have you gone??? i was rolling along until this stationmaster came into my life lei.... hahahahah

casannova03
28-10-2008, 02:27 PM
In my eight years of experience with them, I dare say that majority are married n divorce before they arrived here to work. Also many already has kids. The same old songs has been heard many times in the pubs that I already used to it. A co-worker of mine manages to spend his insurance payout of S$26,000 in about 5 weeks in blue region.

wa thats quite a lot in quite a short time man.... yeap most of them are as u mentioned.....i have my limits and i guess most bros here do when its come to chionging...so that there never is a time when you are down and out due to gals!!!

oh by the way, i stayed at Khach San HUY HAI when i was in hcmc in OCT.....the address is : 123 cong quynh, P. Nguyen Cu trinh, Q 1

it is really a family-run motel but its cheap and good la!! i stayed with my friends in a room with two double beds,aircon and bathtub...i think the biggest they have ...and it cost around 40 singapore per night... Its in Pham Ngu Lao district if i am not wrong ...which is the so called backpackers region..;)

Leeson
28-10-2008, 02:39 PM
This look like a nice thread to ask some question on Vietnam history. Can anyone recommend which is the best places to visit in HCM and Dalaut with my other loving half

Recommendation of nice and cheap hotels is also appreciated.

I know I can search for such info from the web or ask my viet gf but I think it is better if I ask all the viet experts.

there's lots of small hotels around ben thanh market. your loving half not vietnamese?

zhu star
28-10-2008, 02:49 PM
wa thats quite a lot in quite a short time man.... yeap most of them are as u mentioned.....i have my limits and i guess most bros here do when its come to chionging...so that there never is a time when you are down and out due to gals!!!

oh by the way, i stayed at Khach San HUY HAI when i was in hcmc in OCT.....the address is : 123 cong quynh, P. Nguyen Cu trinh, Q 1

it is really a family-run motel but its cheap and good la!! i stayed with my friends in a room with two double beds,aircon and bathtub...i think the biggest they have ...and it cost around 40 singapore per night... Its in Pham Ngu Lao district if i am not wrong ...which is the so called backpackers region..;)

Thanks I know this hotel. Right now I more interested in sight seeing.

As for my co-worker, I know it is alot of money. he was the most popular guy there during his short stay in the pub always surrounded by gals. Even my gal chase me out so that she can collect 100 buck tip from him even without being touched by him. Anyway, most of the time he already drunk so it doesnt make any differences to him got touch or not! I classified him as mental case cos I keep telling him if he really wants to enjoyed himself all he need is about 2k a month and he can stretch his monies for at least a year and still live like a king. Now he is so poor that I have to pay his gas for is motor bike.

zhu star
28-10-2008, 02:51 PM
there's lots of small hotels around ben thanh market. your loving half not vietnamese?

I got so many loving half mah. Anyway, why must I go and look for all my em yeu when I am in HCM especially when we are already meeting them in Sg. We should be looking for more fresh meat man.

Leeson
28-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I got so many loving half mah. Anyway, why must I go and look for all my em yeu when I am in HCM especially when we are already meeting them in Sg. We should be looking for more fresh meat man.

sg also got other fresh meat mah :p
i stayed at lien an saigon which is just opposite new world hotel and 5 mins from ben thanh market. mainly because they have free wireless :)

just exchanged some sms with a gal i didnt meet the whole of last week...

her: anh dang lam gi daz.anh gian em ha?

me: anh dang an com. ko gian em dau

her: Uhm.anh dung gian em ma bo mat em.gi tu vietnam em wa dây chi co 1minh ko anh la thån nhåt ah.ko co ai ca...ma hôm nay anh ko di lam ha.hêt bênh rôi ah.

me: anh ko khoe nhung co di lam. co lam nhieu. em an com chua

her: Da rôi.em dang nam doc chuyên...anh ko khoe thi ngi 1,2ngay ha di lam.sao ko uông thuôc nhieu vao cho het benh di.em lo cho anh wa,nhung lam sao san soc cho anh dc dåy.nhieu luc o ben anh ,em muôn noi thât nhieu voi anh,nhung ko biet noi sao cho anh hieu em buon lam.

zhu star
28-10-2008, 02:58 PM
One thing I learnt about them during my 8 years experience is:

MONEY FOREVER NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM, THE MORE THE MERRIER

zhu star
28-10-2008, 03:00 PM
sg also got other fresh meat mah :p
i stayed at lien an saigon which is just opposite new world hotel and 5 mins from ben thanh market. mainly because they have free wireless :)

just exchanged some sms with a gal i didnt meet the whole of last week...

her: Uhm.anh dung gian em ma bo mat em.gi tu vietnam em wa dây chi co 1minh ko anh la thån nhåt ah.ko co ai ca...ma hôm nay anh ko di lam ha.hêt bênh rôi ah.

her: Da rôi.em dang nam doc chuyên...anh ko khoe thi ngi 1,2ngay ha di lam.sao ko uông thuôc nhieu vao cho het benh di.em lo cho anh wa,nhung lam sao san soc cho anh dc dåy.nhieu luc o ben anh ,em muôn noi thât nhieu voi anh,nhung ko biet noi sao cho anh hieu em buon lam.

Very deep deep, can understand about 60%, the rest blurr. Care to translate for a poor soul like me?

Honey Boon
28-10-2008, 03:06 PM
same same for any girl la :D

One thing I learnt about them during my 8 years experience is:

MONEY FOREVER NOT ENOUGH FOR THEM, THE MORE THE MERRIER

zhu star
28-10-2008, 03:19 PM
same same for any girl la :D

So far, all my viet gals out perform my PRC in this area of expertise, so I cannot comment. The only viet gal that is with me now also has many problems: father accident, leg broken, grandfather sick just passed away babababababa...............

Other reasons I heard from by my other gals includes:

Bro in prison need US1.5K every 2 months to make sure he got proper medical care, food and 'good treatment' from the jail warden

bro motorbike accident need money to repair

Need cash for urgent operation.

Mother borrow money from Ah long, and since I am her anh yeu I must help her to paid, amt which shoot up from 700buck in the first year I know her until 12,000buck the year I broke off from her.

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks! 5 points for you.

To all those whose points I haven't add: please message me your latest post even if it is points I am supposed to give you months back, or your latest nick if your old nick has been banned and I can't add reputation points to it.

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Can someone please help me type in Viet:

"Do you really like me? It's okay, you can tell me honestly."

Also:"Do you remember who I am?"

Thanks in advance.

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 08:50 PM
By the way, anyone can recommend a callling card that is good for calling Vietnam?

carmeo88
28-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I have been using chit-chat card bought at 8 bucks and have 60 mins calling time.:)

Sha_Gua75
28-10-2008, 10:20 PM
By the way, anyone can recommend a callling card that is good for calling Vietnam?

U can use M1 Pre-Paid Card...IF u dont have 2nd hp then buy those duosim type....use that during their off peak...mon to fri 7pm to 7am and sat sun.

Other than those timing, then use chat chat.

That what i do

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 10:47 PM
I have been using chit-chat card bought at 8 bucks and have 60 mins calling time.:)

Thanks carmeo88 :)

Darkstorm
28-10-2008, 10:48 PM
U can use M1 Pre-Paid Card...IF u dont have 2nd hp then buy those duosim type....use that during their off peak...mon to fri 7pm to 7am and sat sun.

That what i do

Thanks Sha_Gua75. :)

cashier
29-10-2008, 12:17 AM
ok now she toking abt money.. haha

dun quite understand but something abt marry, children etc..

em phai lam viec de co tien giup do gia dinh

em phai lam viec de co morny giup do ba me

nha em ngheo kg co tien em phai di lam

anh gui tien ve cho em

anh kg cuoi em thi em se co nguoi yeu

co nguoi xin cuoi em nhung em kg chiu,
nguyen nhu: vi em thich anh

mot thang em phai phu giup ba me khoang $500 va em gai di hoc
nguyen nhu: anh kg ve viet nam som thi anh se mat em

Darkstorm
29-10-2008, 12:23 AM

I just bought the "Chat Chat" card. Is that the same as the "chit chat" card?

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:26 AM
hi, wat does the below means:

~ Hạnh phúc nhỏ bé vỡ nát tan vào bóng đêm lạnh lùng
Một mình anh đi bơ vơ lẻ loi nhặt ngôi sao vỡ đôi
Nhưng hỡi em ơi anh phải làm sao để em về đây
Về lại cùng cuộc tình ngày nào em đã trao. ~

yaya so how far have you gone??? i was rolling along until this stationmaster came into my life lei.... hahahahah

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi, Cong quynh is in District 1, Nguyen Cu trinh ward.

Pham Ngu Lao street is also in District 1 but is in Pham Ngu Lao Ward. :D

I have been staying at this family owned motel whenever i visit hcmc since 2006. It is also in District 1, Tran Dinh Xu street. It has a double-bed but no bathtub. It cost about S$19 per day.

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi bro carmeo88, if u are talking abt the RED color CHAT CHAT international calling card, it can call vn for 88min and 1sec :D

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Off peak/weekend rate of 8¢/min is valid from Monday to Friday 2000hrs to 0759 hrs & from Sat 0000hrs to Sun 2359hrs. Weekday peak rate of 16¢ is valid from Monday to Friday 0800hrs to 1959hrs.

That what i do

casannova03
29-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Can someone please help me type in Viet:

"Do you really like me? It's okay, you can tell me honestly."

Also:"Do you remember who I am?"

Thanks in advance.

"Em that su thich anh ko? Ko co gi, em noi that dc roi."

" Em co nho anh la ai ko?"

Maybe not very accurate but i think she should understand...cheers!!:)

casannova03
29-10-2008, 12:02 PM
ok now she toking abt money.. haha

dun quite understand but something abt marry, children etc..

"I need to work to have money and help (gia dinh i dunno..maybe home)"

em phai lam viec de co morny giup do ba me

"I need to work to have money to help my dad and mom"

nha em ngheo kg co tien em phai di lam

"My family is poor, no money so i need to work"

anh gui tien ve cho em

"you send money back give me"

"you dun help(not sure) me then i will have darling

"have singapore person help(not sure) me but i rejected him"

nguyen nhu: vi em thich anh
" because i like you"

mot thang em phai phu giup ba me khoang $500 va em gai di hoc

in one month's time i need to give my dad and mom 500 and also for my sister to go study.

nguyen nhu: anh kg ve viet nam som thi anh se mat em

tried my best...other bros pls help me fill in the blanks...haha

casannova03
29-10-2008, 12:12 PM
hi, wat does the below means:

~ Hạnh phúc nhỏ bé vỡ nát tan vào bóng đêm lạnh lùng
Một mình anh đi bơ vơ lẻ loi nhặt ngôi sao vỡ đôi
Nhưng hỡi em ơi anh phải làm sao để em về đây
Về lại cùng cuộc tình ngày nào em đã trao. ~

its actually lifted from the lyrics of a song...

"Hạnh phúc nhỏ bé vỡ nát tan vào bóng đêm lạnh lùng"

The little happiness that i have is now shattered into pieces..

"Một mình anh đi bơ vơ lẻ loi nhặt ngôi sao vỡ đôi"

now i walk along alone and pick up the broken stars..

"Nhưng hỡi em ơi anh phải làm sao để em về đây"

but let me ask you darling, what must i do to let you come back..

"Về lại cùng cuộc tình ngày nào em đã trao"

come back to the loving days where you gave me...

its actually a very sad and emotional song...most WLs should know this song!!! the title is NGO NHU GIAC MO...meaning like a dream...most KTV system have this song...next time u go find this song...they sure like!!!

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:12 PM
tried my best...other bros pls help me fill in the blanks...haha

"I need to work to have money and help FAMILY"

"you dun MARRY me then i will have darling"

"have singaporen MARRY me but i rejected him"

anh kg ve viet nam som thi anh se mat em
"u dun come vietnam early then u will LOSE me"

casannova03
29-10-2008, 12:19 PM

"I need to work to have money and help FAMILY"

"you dun MARRY me then i will have darling"

"have singaporen MARRY me but i rejected him"

anh kg ve viet nam som thi anh se mat em
"u dun come vietnam early then u will LOSE me"

oh ok now i know...hha forgotten...thanks bro!

jackbl
29-10-2008, 12:35 PM
YouTube - ngo nhu la giac mo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6qFErpTmeQ&feature=related)

Đêm nay em không anh đi cùng trên phố vắng
Đêm nay sao mưa giăng cho lòng em buốt giá
Em đang mơ đâu đây một hình dung đã thân quen
Kỷ niệm xưa ngọt ngào như giấc mơ

Khi anh đang yêu em trao lời yêu ấm áp
Sao nay anh ra đi không một câu giã từ
Cho tim em cô đơn còn anh vui chốn nơi nào
Lòng em đau vì anh, anh biết không?

Hạnh phúc nhỏ bé vỡ nát tan vào bóng đêm lạnh lùng
Một mình em đi bơ vơ lẻ loi nhặt ngôi sao vỡ đôi
Nhưng hỡi anh ơi em phải làm sao để anh về đây
Về lại cùng cuộc tình ngày nào ta đã trao

Dù đau đớn những lúc phải khóc khóc vì trái tim vô tình
Thì lòng em luôn mong anh mãi vui dù anh đang ở đâu
Em sẽ ôm riêng yêu thương ngày xưa giấu trong nước mắt
Có những nỗi đau không là giấc mơ

its actually lifted from the lyrics of a song...
its actually a very sad and emotional song...most WLs should know this song!!! the title is NGO NHU GIAC MO...meaning like a dream...most KTV system have this song...next time u go find this song...they sure like!!!

Leeson
29-10-2008, 12:41 PM
i like tinh lo cach xa more :D

Honey Boon
29-10-2008, 02:01 PM
ya... heard all these "stories" before.. personally. So not suprised myself. As for me, the moment the stories were told, I changed "lane" liao .... :D

So far, all my viet gals out perform my PRC in this area of expertise, so I cannot comment. The only viet gal that is with me now also has many problems: father accident, leg broken, grandfather sick just passed away babababababa...............

Other reasons I heard from by my other gals includes:

Bro in prison need US1.5K every 2 months to make sure he got proper medical care, food and 'good treatment' from the jail warden

bro motorbike accident need money to repair

Need cash for urgent operation.

Mother borrow money from Ah long, and since I am her anh yeu I must help her to paid, amt which shoot up from 700buck in the first year I know her until 12,000buck the year I broke off from her.

Thom07
29-10-2008, 02:47 PM

You can try BIP or MU also.

casannova03
29-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Đêm nay em không anh đi cùng trên phố vắng
Đêm nay sao mưa giăng cho lòng em buốt giá
Em đang mơ đâu đây một hình dung đã thân quen
Kỷ niệm xưa ngọt ngào như giấc mơ

Khi anh đang yêu em trao lời yêu ấm áp
Sao nay anh ra đi không một câu giã từ
Cho tim em cô đơn còn anh vui chốn nơi nào
Lòng em đau vì anh, anh biết không?

Hạnh phúc nhỏ bé vỡ nát tan vào bóng đêm lạnh lùng
Một mình em đi bơ vơ lẻ loi nhặt ngôi sao vỡ đôi
Nhưng hỡi anh ơi em phải làm sao để anh về đây
Về lại cùng cuộc tình ngày nào ta đã trao

Dù đau đớn những lúc phải khóc khóc vì trái tim vô tình
Thì lòng em luôn mong anh mãi vui dù anh đang ở đâu
Em sẽ ôm riêng yêu thương ngày xưa giấu trong nước mắt
Có những nỗi đau không là giấc mơ

nice work bro!!!!

Leeson
29-10-2008, 06:13 PM
when you got real gf the reason she gives is she wants to buy lotion, new clothes to maintain herself haha... :D

Darkstorm
29-10-2008, 08:49 PM
"Em that su thich anh ko? Ko co gi, em noi that dc roi."

" Em co nho anh la ai ko?"

Maybe not very accurate but i think she should understand...cheers!!:)

Thanks. 5 points for you. :)

cashier
29-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Vietnam is seriously a crude sounding language.. even their singing sound crude.. no offence, i personally liken it to a PRC who talk very fast and loud..

cashier
29-10-2008, 11:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jcz44jzLMt0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jcz44jzLMt0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YouTube - Vang trang khoc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcz44jzLMt0)

all time favourite

Pongo
30-10-2008, 12:04 AM
bros ... got any happier or merrier songs anot ?? the song listen like very sad like that leh .... haha :D

casannova03
30-10-2008, 01:16 AM
all time favourite

That's Vang Trang Khoc i think

casannova03
30-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks. 5 points for you. :)

thanks bro, points or no points i will also help....haha

ekemono
30-10-2008, 01:22 AM

Yes it is. I am still hunting high and low for the DVD MTV.

Hurricane88
30-10-2008, 09:11 AM
You can try BIP or MU also.

I had used both and find MU is better....still using MU for call back...cheers.:)

jackbl
30-10-2008, 09:45 AM
hi, can intro about MU. How much and can call how long?

I had used both and find MU is better....still using MU for call back...cheers.:)

Honey Boon
30-10-2008, 12:14 PM
everytime go ktv, my kaki sure will sing this song ..... :p

casannova03
30-10-2008, 12:19 PM
everytime go ktv, my kaki sure will sing this song ..... :p

haha...ask them try and sing EM SE LA NGUOI RA DI....all the girls will be very impressed!!

Hurricane88
30-10-2008, 12:43 PM
hi, can intro about MU. How much and can call how long?

MU card currently sold for $8 with $10 value and free extra $1 value. Currently scratch promo which will gives additional value if you are lucky but most often you will not get anything....sometimes I got adiditional $0.50cts

To call straight will be around 88 mins.
Call back gets around 80 mins.

Darkstorm
30-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Can someone help me translate: "A tin em co si ngi ki chua"

Thanks in advance.

Thom07
30-10-2008, 05:53 PM

Thanks in advance.

Eh she write in short form is it? :confused: "Anh tin em" == "Do you believe me?" The rest I'm not too sure as I got several interpretations. Don't know which one is correct so dont dare to say. Sorry, I'm still a newbie. :o

Darkstorm
30-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Eh she write in short form is it? :confused: "Anh tin em" == "Do you believe me?" The rest I'm not too sure as I got several interpretations. Don't know which one is correct so dont dare to say. Sorry, I'm still a newbie. :o

Yes, it should be in short form.

Let me know if you can decode it. I don't mind hearing the different interpretations. Thanks.

rjrj
31-10-2008, 01:00 AM

"co si ngi ki chua" = think carefully? :)

casannova03
31-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what was your sms with her...i think you were challenging her or you not admitting about something so now she is saying:

A tin em co si ( i think her ngi ki = nghi kỵ )chua?....which means

You believe i have very suspicious already (direct translation)

so now you believe i was very suspicious?? (better rephrase in english)

so now bro you have to fit it into your context of conversation with her and see if my translation is correct.... cos i think she use some short form there so cannot be quite sure...

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 01:51 PM
It depends on what was your sms with her...i think you were challenging her or you not admitting about something so now she is saying:

A tin em co si ( i think her ngi ki = nghi kỵ )chua?....which means

You believe i have very suspicious already (direct translation)

so now you believe i was very suspicious?? (better rephrase in english)

so now bro you have to fit it into your context of conversation with her and see if my translation is correct.... cos i think she use some short form there so cannot be quite sure...

Thanks guys: rjrj, casannova03 and Thom07.

I believe the translation is: "Do you believe me? Have you thought about it carefully/clearly?"

Honey Boon
31-10-2008, 03:14 PM
ok ok will take note .... ;)

haha...ask them try and sing EM SE LA NGUOI RA DI....all the girls will be very impressed!!

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Experts in Viet language, please help me translate:

" Khi nao a qua nho dien cho em, hai nhan tin cung duoc"

Thanks in advance.

casannova03
31-10-2008, 05:35 PM

Thanks in advance.

when you really miss me call me, if not sms me also can

or

when you reach (dunno you tell her where you going) remember to call me, if not sms also can

Reaper
31-10-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks in advance.

Literal

when u past remember call me, message also can.

essentially it means,

Dont call, sms also can

PS: I think I am correct. Long time no practice my viet liao

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Literal

when u past remember call me, message also can.

essentially it means,

Dont call, sms also can

PS: I think I am correct. Long time no practice my viet liao

Thanks man! Do you need a reputation point increase? I have no power to increase it now as I just used it today.

Reaper
31-10-2008, 06:01 PM

Thanks in advance.

IT can also mean (AS wat Casanova mentioned)

"when you miss me, you can call me, or sms also can.

Nho can mean remember / miss. Without the symbols, I not sure...

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 06:05 PM
when you really miss me call me, if not sms me also can

or

when you reach (dunno you tell her where you going) remember to call me, if not sms also can

Oh.........I told her I will try to see her in Vietnam in December if I can arrange for leave to go.

So......which interpretation is correct? *confused now*

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 06:06 PM
IT can also mean (AS wat Casanova mentioned)

"when you miss me, you can call me, or sms also can.

Nho can mean remember / miss. Without the symbols, I not sure...

Thanks man! I am confused now as to what she meant. Maybe both meanings are true.

casannova03
31-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Oh.........I told her I will try to see her in Vietnam in December if I can arrange for leave to go.

So......which interpretation is correct? *confused now*

In this case, the second one that i said will be a better interpretation...

when you reach remember to call me or sms me also can

Darkstorm
31-10-2008, 07:54 PM
In this case, the second one that i said will be a better interpretation...

when you reach remember to call me or sms me also can

Thanks man. Appreciated :)

- "Hoi nai a noi gi e kg nghe"

and "Neu nhu em co ban trai khat, thi dau co nhan tin cho a dau"

Thanks in advance.

casannova03
31-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks man. Appreciated :)

- "Hoi nai a noi gi e kg nghe"

and "Neu nhu em co ban trai khat, thi dau co nhan tin cho a dau"

Thanks in advance.

"Hoi nai a noi gi e kg nghe"

just now you say what i cannot hear

"Neu nhu em co ban trai khat, thi dau co nhan tin cho a dau"

if i really have other boyfriend, then i will not msg you

Darkstorm
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
"Hoi nai a noi gi e kg nghe"

just now you say what i cannot hear

"Neu nhu em co ban trai khat, thi dau co nhan tin cho a dau"

if i really have other boyfriend, then i will not msg you

Thank you casannova03!

I think I better try to learn some Viet. Any tips? Did you take formal language course?

Darkstorm
01-11-2008, 02:40 AM
By the way, anyone going to Ho Chi Minh in December? Maybe we can meet up or travel together? I need an interpreter haha :)

casannova03
01-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Thank you casannova03!

I think I better try to learn some Viet. Any tips? Did you take formal language course?

no problems man!! when i help bros in here, i am also learning...haha

and ya i did not take any formal lessons...just bought a book and self learn then of course a viet english dictionary lor...then if dun understand ask wife lor...hahaha:D

casannova03
01-11-2008, 11:17 AM
By the way, anyone going to Ho Chi Minh in December? Maybe we can meet up or travel together? I need an interpreter haha :)

i just came back in september lei..haha but worth considering la...will let you know if i going..

benben888
01-11-2008, 12:16 PM
no problems man!! when i help bros in here, i am also learning...haha

and ya i did not take any formal lessons...just bought a book and self learn then of course a viet english dictionary lor...then if dun understand ask wife lor...hahaha:D

bro casannova,

I am interested to learn the vietnamese language, can advice the title of the book, how much and location to buy the dictionary?:)

benben888
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM

her: Da rôi.em dang nam doc chuyên...anh ko khoe thi ngi 1,2ngay ha di lam.sao ko uông thuôc nhieu vao cho het benh di.em lo cho anh wa,nhung lam sao san soc cho anh dc dåy.nhieu luc o ben anh ,em muôn noi thât nhieu voi anh,nhung ko biet noi sao cho anh hieu em buon lam.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bro Casannova03,

can help to translate the above mentioned as want to learn more of the language so can sms.:p

buratino
01-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Hi Bro Casannova03,

can help to translate the above mentioned as want to learn more of the language so can sms.:p[/QUOTE]

her: what r u doing? did you angry with me?
me: eating now, not angry with you
her: pls. dont angry and leave me. Im alone here, only you is closed to me, no body else. Are you working today? hv you recovered?
me: Im not feeling well but working today, hv you eaten yet?
her: already, if you are un well better take 1, 2 day off, why dont you take medicine to help you recover faster. Im very worry for you, how can I take care of you. When we are together, I want to tell you many things, but dont know how to make you understand (me). Im very sad

Hurricane88
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Bro Casannova03,

can help to translate the above mentioned as want to learn more of the language so can sms.:p

her: what r u doing? did you angry with me?
me: eating now, not angry with you
her: pls. dont angry and leave me. Im alone here, only you is closed to me, no body else. Are you working today? hv you recovered?
me: Im not feeling well but working today, hv you eaten yet?
her: already, if you are un well better take 1, 2 day off, why dont you take medicine to help you recover faster. Im very worry for you, how can I take care of you. When we are together, I want to tell you many things, but dont know how to make you understand (me). Im very sad[/QUOTE]

Another expert in Vn...pls post more....:)

Darkstorm
01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
bro casannova,

I am interested to learn the vietnamese language, can advice the title of the book, how much and location to buy the dictionary?:)

i just came back in september lei..haha but worth considering la...will let you know if i going..

Thanks man :)

casannova03
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
bro casannova,

actually there is a lot of books out there that you cn buy....

i bought :

Colloquial Vietnamese - A complete Language course
Author: Tuan Duc Vuong and John Moore
(comes with a audio tape(my time..think now is CD) )
Cost: i think 40++ to 50 dollars

for dictionary i bought:

The Oxford Modern English dictionary

the English-Vietnamese dictionary (there is another Vietnamese - English version)

Cost: forget...think also around 40 - 60 range

Darkstorm
02-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Sorry guys, what's :"Em cung vay. nho giu gin suc khoe nha. a yeu."

I only know "Em cung vay" means "Same here" I think.

Thanks in advance.

drassen
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Sorry guys, what's :"Em cung vay. nho giu gin suc khoe nha. a yeu."

I only know "Em cung vay" means "Same here" I think.

Thanks in advance.

same here, take care of yourself ok...darling

my em yeu always call me anh yeu...nhung anh muon em la vo cua anh...:)

Darkstorm
02-11-2008, 07:28 PM

What's "nhung anh muon em la vo cua anh"?

Thanks! I will increase your reputation points next time if I can, as I just increased someone' reputation points today.

Darkstorm
02-11-2008, 07:30 PM

How do I call her darling? "Em yeu"?

drassen
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
How do I call her darling? "Em yeu"?

yup...em yeu refers to honey or darling.:)

drassen
02-11-2008, 07:54 PM
What's "nhung anh muon em la vo cua anh"?

Thanks! I will increase your reputation points next time if I can, as I just increased someone' reputation points today.

but i want you to be my wife...:D

Darkstorm
02-11-2008, 08:01 PM
but i want you to be my wife...:D

Hahaha.....thanks man :)

Darkstorm
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
"Have you ever had a boyfriend before? Do I have a chance to be your boyfriend?"

And:"I want to give us a chance to be together. Will you give me that chance?"

And:"If I go Vietnam Ho Chi Minh for a few days, will you accompany me and go out with me to have fun?"

Thanks in advance.

owen10
02-11-2008, 10:54 PM
interesting thread bros .. me oso tryin to learn Viet ... in d infant stage. find it such a tough lang to master. at least pronounciations for lang like korean, japanese, tagalog r so much more straight fwd. viet ones come with their own brand of 'hanyu pinyin'???? :D

for eg i tried searching hw to say 'goodbye' in 1 of d websites, it says

'to say good-bye to somebody
chào từ biệt ai, chia tay ai'

wah .. say 1 gd bye need such a long sentence????

N wat abt 'thank you'? is cám ơn anh correct? n hw do u pronounce it??? w/o a tape/VCD to listen to, it's really nt easy to learn man ... cant always b troubling bros here all d time ... unless u have a dedicated Viet gf to guide u word for word lah.

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 12:05 AM
interesting thread bros .. me oso tryin to learn Viet ... in d infant stage. find it such a tough lang to master. at least pronounciations for lang like korean, japanese, tagalog r so much more straight fwd. viet ones come with their own brand of 'hanyu pinyin'???? :D

for eg i tried searching hw to say 'goodbye' in 1 of d websites, it says

'to say good-bye to somebody
chào từ biệt ai, chia tay ai'

wah .. say 1 gd bye need such a long sentence????

N wat abt 'thank you'? is cám ơn anh correct? n hw do u pronounce it??? w/o a tape/VCD to listen to, it's really nt easy to learn man ... cant always b troubling bros here all d time ... unless u have a dedicated Viet gf to guide u word for word lah.

Are you new to the Viet scene? You seem to be a seasonsed Samster :)

I recommend this book (comes with CD):

"Vietnamese for beginners" by Jake Catlett and Huing Nguyen. (Paiboon publishing). Not sure if it is available in Singapore.

owen10
03-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Are you new to the Viet scene? You seem to be a seasonsed Samster :)

I recommend this book (comes with CD):

"Vietnamese for beginners" by Jake Catlett and Huing Nguyen. (Paiboon publishing). Not sure if it is available in Singapore.

Hmmm ... old in d PRC scene but baby in d Viet scene. onli knw hw to appreciate d beauty of Viets recently ... n it is ADDICTIVE man!

:D

breast-talk
03-11-2008, 12:49 AM
bros ... got any happier or merrier songs anot ?? the song listen like very sad like that leh .... haha :D

How about this song by bao thy...
YouTube - Pussycat Dolls vs Bao Thy - Viet Nam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9HGMtLOLHI&feature=related)

another nice duet song :Van tin minh co nhau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLWYtUbWAq0&feature=related

too bad lots of vietnamese doesn't like her:p