PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

vietboy
13-05-2012, 09:43 AM
your mountain is ks room on high floor right?:D

Wa liao why u say it out? :D:p

Pohchuan
13-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Your level of TV has improved so much that even I also dun understand what u are referring to :D :p..... I need to go up mountain again to continue my study :( :rolleyes:

Sometimes i don't even understand myself. (oh no!). Hahaha.

Lets go up mountain together.

jackbl
13-05-2012, 02:03 PM
According to my bx: Cặt

Tell her that I think it is cặc :D

vietboy
13-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Tell her that I think it is cặc :D

Wow! u challenge a vietnamese?:D

superhuman
13-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Need a simple translation for the following. I used google but as always, cock up.

Tôi mệt lắm. Tôi buồn vì sức khoẻ không tôt. Tôi nhớ bạn
(I am tired. I was sad because poor health. I remember you)

Thank u.. Tôi chỉ có thể nói thích bạn.tôi làm việc không tốt. Tôi rất vui vì bạn nói yêu tôi. Dối với tôi là dủ

I can say like you. I do not work well. I'm glad you said loved me. Travel for me is???

Is it correct?

vietboy
14-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Need a simple translation for the following. I used google but as always, cock up.

Tôi mệt lắm. Tôi buồn vì sức khoẻ không tôt. Tôi nhớ bạn
(I am tired. I was sad because poor health. I remember you)

I am very tired. I'm sad bcos health is not good. I miss you.

Thank u.. Tôi chỉ có thể nói thích bạn.tôi làm việc không tốt. Tôi rất vui vì bạn nói yêu tôi. Dối với tôi là dủ

I can say like you. I do not work well. I'm glad you said loved me. Travel for me is???

I only maybe say like you. My work is no good. I'm very happy bcos you said loved me. This for me is enough .

Is it correct?

My version in red. :D

superhuman
14-05-2012, 09:37 AM
My version in red. :D

Much much appreciated bro. I even had to go vdict.com to search each word.

Thanks, i trying to kc this viet ger n told her i love her. But she more than once said cannot say love, can only say like.

Twice said her job in ktv no gd.

jackbl
14-05-2012, 09:44 AM
How much Vietnamese bosses and CEO’s earn?
================================================== ======

VietNamNet Bridge – The question remains unanswered. In Vietnam, the income of a person not only comes from official sources or salaries, but from other sources as well.

The information that Doan Nguyen Duc, President of Hoang Anh Gia Lai, one of the 10 Vietnamese richest stock millionaires, received 3 billion dong in 2011 for the post of president of the group has become a hot topic for discussions. The incomes companies’ CEO and presidents receive turn out to be more huge than people could imagine.

Deputy General Director of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group Vo Truong Son has revealed that the labor contract Hoang Anh Gia Lai signed with Duc, stipulates that Duc receives the monthly pay of 240 million dong a month, which means that the total annual pay to the “big guy” reaches 2.88 billion dong.

Duc said that he is satisfied with the sum of money, but he “does not care much about the source of income.”

Managers of many other big enterprises also receive similar huge salaries. In 2011, Cao Thi Ngoc Dung, President of Phu Nhuan Jewelry Company (PNJ) received 1.6 billion dong in salary and bonus, and the allowance of 120 million dong for the title of the chair of the board of directors.

Dung, who undertakes the two positions as President and CEO of PNJ, earns 1.7 billion dong a year.

In March 2012, the Refrigeration Engineering Enterprise (REE) reported at the shareholders’ meeting that from 2007 to 2011, the salary offered to REE’s CEO – Nguyen Thi Mai Thanh was 100 million dong a month.

In 2011, with the net profit of 513.64 billion dong, the total pay to the board of directors and the supervision board was 2.568 billion dong.

REE suggested maintaining the monthly salary for CEO at 100 million dong in 2012. Besides, the managers would get bonuses on the excessive profits.

The current REE’s CEO is Thanh, who has been a well-known CEO in Vietnam, who has obtained big achievements during her 25 years of working as manager. The woman has been recognized as deserving credit for equitizing REE, which was once a state owned enterprise and put REE’s shares into transactions on the stock market.

The salaries of the managing directors at foreign invested enterprises in Vietnam are also sky high. A survey by Tower Watson conducted at 165 foreign invested enterprises in Vietnam showed that managers receive 1.05 billion dong for 12-month salaries on average, 95 million dong for the 13th month salary, i.e. the total net income of 1.6 billion dong.

Nguyen Duc Vinh, former CEO of Techcombank, one of the biggest joint stock banks in Vietnam, is considered the CEO with the highest income in Vietnam: he earned 20 billion dong, or 1 million dollars in 2011.

In principle, the salaries banks’ CEO’s receive would never be made public, and the salaries would be negotiable between the banks’ owners and CEO’s, except state owned banks.

There were three levels of incomes for bank CEO’s in 2011. The highest level was the one received by Nguyen Duc Vinh, 20 billion dong a year and 1.6 billion dong a month.

The second highest level was offered to experienced and well known CEO’s, who got 400-600 million dong a month, or 4.8-7.2 billion dong (20,000-30,000 dollars a month).

The third group of CEO’s received approximately 200 million dong a month, or 10,000 dollars. Meanwhile, managers of small banks with modest income could pocket nearly 100 million dong a month.

In Vietnam, the monthly income of 10 million dong is considered “high income”.

One dollar is equal to 21,000 Vietnam dong.

Source: Dat Viet

jackbl
14-05-2012, 09:57 AM

I felt that not everytime a vietnamese will spell a word correct. Some may mistake t with c, i with y, and vice-versa. For english word, 99.9% the spelling will only have 1 correct way.

Honey Boon
14-05-2012, 11:56 AM
many ang mo also can't speak proper english ... :D

jf66312
14-05-2012, 01:15 PM

and britain eng and american eng also have difference in spelling too... :)

Honey Boon
14-05-2012, 01:57 PM
there was a study done before, the Indian speaks the best English :confused:

and britain eng and american eng also have difference in spelling too... :)

vietboy
14-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Much much appreciated bro. I even had to go vdict.com to search each word.

Thanks, i trying to kc this viet ger n told her i love her. But she more than once said cannot say love, can only say like.

Twice said her job in ktv no gd.

Gd luck!
But my advice dun waste time she already hinted to u n if she also like u, she'll use anh and em in yur conversation. Ban and toi is used btwb friends or strangers. This was discussed previously.

vietboy
14-05-2012, 02:27 PM

Ang mo doesnt mean they are british or americans what.

vietboy
14-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I felt that not everytime a vietnamese will spell a word correct. Some may mistake t with c, i with y, and vice-versa. For english word, 99.9% the spelling will only have 1 correct way.

Yes i agreed. But my bx is not the only 1 who wrote as cặt, i have seen a few wrote that to me.

KangTuo
14-05-2012, 03:40 PM
there was a study done before, the Indian speaks the best English :confused:

because they shake their head while talking :)

ilovedoggie
14-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Gd luck!
But my advice dun waste time she already hinted to u n if she also like u, she'll use anh and em in yur conversation. Ban and toi is used btwb friends or strangers. This was discussed previously.

IMHO this is not really the case. they purposely type it in toi/ban and the whole msg with all the diacritic mark so that your iphone can translate into I/you and come out some message of acceptable meaning. if they type anh/em and the whole message without diacritic mark, you iphone translator will come out rubbish. and may come out with crazy meaning haha! dont believe me you try "khong co sao" and see what u get.:D

you may be right in some way.:rolleyes:

but from a different perspective, this VB shd hv a bit of horn liao and know how to deal with ppl who don't know TV, for either good or bad deed. IMHO. :)

ilovedoggie
14-05-2012, 10:46 PM

according to my old viet friend, TV is a difficult language, even to vietnamese themselves :) so no surprised:p

Pohchuan
14-05-2012, 11:14 PM
according to my old viet friend, TV is a difficult language, even to vietnamese themselves :) so no surprised:p

The most difficult are those tieng viet short forms they use for SMSing each other. NC = noi chuyen, NT = nhan tin, kg = khong, a = anh e = em.

For example: A thich nc voi e kg

As said earlier, must go up mountain to learn more

superhuman
14-05-2012, 11:58 PM
The most difficult are those tieng viet short forms they use for SMSing each other. NC = noi chuyen, NT = nhan tin, kg = khong, a = anh e = em.

For example: A thich nc voi e kg

As said earlier, must go up mountain to learn more

Much appreciated this post, thanks bro! Now I know what she means when she said E di lam ro. Cam on a..e thich a.

The other bro said it well. When I typed this in google translate, it came out f rubbish.

And from then on, I try use proper english in google translate and all came out Toi and Ban.

I must swop out with Anh and Em to be more personal then.

And pai seh for another translation request. I promise to go learn basic Viet so that I can understand simple ones.

Tôi dang bị sốt. Tôi rất khó chịu. Và tôi bị không nói dược, bị dau cổ nữa. Thank u dã quan tâm tôi
I has a fever. I'm very unhappy. And I was not speak, muscle pain anymore. Thank u my skin care

What the f is the last part?? heh

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Much appreciated this post, thanks bro! Now I know what she means when she said E di lam ro. Cam on a..e thich a.

The other bro said it well. When I typed this in google translate, it came out f rubbish.

And from then on, I try use proper english in google translate and all came out Toi and Ban.

I must swop out with Anh and Em to be more personal then.

And pai seh for another translation request. I promise to go learn basic Viet so that I can understand simple ones.

Tôi dang bị sốt. Tôi rất khó chịu. Và tôi bị không nói dược, bị dau cổ nữa. Thank u dã quan tâm tôi
I has a fever. I'm very unhappy. And I was not speak, muscle pain anymore. Thank u my skin care

What the f is the last part?? heh

Quan tâm : to care about something, to take an interest in something / someone, to be interested in somebody / something

She's thanking you for taking an interest in her affairs or about her.

When I start cheonging Viet pubs, I keep a copy of all commonly used TV and it's translation in my iPhone. Where can you get a copy of these commonly used TV and it's translation? Look for jackbl and in his sig file, there's a link. Click in it and learn those terms and phrases. It's served me well.

superhuman
15-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Quan tâm : to care about something, to take an interest in something / someone, to be interested in somebody / something

When I start cheonging Viet pubs, I keep a copy of all commonly used TV and it's translation in my iPhone. Where can you get a copy of these commonly used TV and it's translation? Look for jackbl and in his sig file, there's a link. Click in it and learn those terms and phrases. It's served me well.

I found the post, thanks a lot!

I used to like thais but I found that they are really commercial without heart. And the sweet-talk and words that they use are too fake. They can use them anyhow.

Of course vb can also be like that but so far the ones that I met. If they don't like you that much, they usually don't say sweet words if they no like you a bit.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. I will be glad to be scolded!

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 12:58 AM
I found the post, thanks a lot!

I used to like thais but I found that they are really commercial without heart. And the sweet-talk and words that they use are too fake. They can use them anyhow.

Of course vb can also be like that but so far the ones that I met. If they don't like you that much, they usually don't say sweet words if they no like you a bit.

Pls correct me if I am wrong. I will be glad to be scolded!

You are most welcome.

I've been out of VB scene since 2009 roi. But what I've observed about Thais and VBs are almost same as you. My most fruitful period are those that I got with VBs. But have since moved on to Indonesian girls now. :-)

superhuman
15-05-2012, 01:23 AM
You are most welcome.

I've been out of VB scene since 2009 roi. But what I've observed about Thais and VBs are almost same as you. My most fruitful period are those that I got with VBs. But have since moved on to Indonesian girls now. :-)

I recently just started vb scene after being in thai scene for a while. Nv liked PRC though, no offence. To each his own.

Bahasa is definitely easier to pick up since all english alphas. How are the indon girls like? Got heart, talk feelings, easy? Or like thais? Money-faced

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 07:24 AM
I recently just started vb scene after being in thai scene for a while. Nv liked PRC though, no offence. To each his own.

Bahasa is definitely easier to pick up since all english alphas. How are the indon girls like? Got heart, talk feelings, easy? Or like thais? Money-faced

I love Indon girls. :-) Nuff said. But lets not deviate from this thread's topic...

However, regardless of what nationality and you may perhaps blast me for saying this, the best way to treat these girls is to treat them precisely as what they are, ie working girls. Like it or not, they are here to make money. They don't get themselves into debt and risk being rejected by immigration here just to talk love with you. Even if you managed to get foc fuck from them at the back of how many "anh yeu em", "chan rak tur", "saya cinta kamu", end of the day, they still have their families to feed and they still need the money to put bread on the table.

My last Viet girl... Throughout the 2 months that she was here (it's her first trip here, a Northern girl), we went hotel no less than 30 times. Each time without paying her. But I do give her small sum of money to send home occasionally. You can also say that this is indirectly paying her. Haha... Foc? Fuck On Credit, bro. You just pay later or you pay in kind. On the day before she left for home, she asked me for money to bring home. I was prepared for it. But what I wasn't prepared for is that she's gonna ask me for $9,000. Of course, I didn't pay her that. Call me a bastard but I don't think any working lady is worth me paying that much. What I did is, I checked back my records of going hotel with her and taking into consideration how much I've given her to send home, I gave her what I would have given a normal working lady. Don't want to shortchange her. Yes, I did make a record of the number of times we went hotel, which hotel, what date, and all other occasions that we went out together. Yes, I'm that bastard. :-)

Thing is, I've told her I don't want her to be doing this work again and concentrate on studies. I will support her monthly. But I guess she prefer to see money in her pocket than seeing a monthly remittance from me. Too bad.

So see? All the "I love you" and "you love me" still cannot win the power of $$$. :-)

jf66312
15-05-2012, 09:19 AM
I love Indon girls. :-) Nuff said. But lets not deviate from this thread's topic...

However, regardless of what nationality and you may perhaps blast me for saying this, the best way to treat these girls is to treat them precisely as what they are, ie working girls. Like it or not, they are here to make money. They don't get themselves into debt and risk being rejected by immigration here just to talk love with you. Even if you managed to get foc fuck from them at the back of how many "anh yeu em", "chan rak tur", "saya cinta kamu", end of the day, they still have their families to feed and they still need the money to put bread on the table.

My last Viet girl... Throughout the 2 months that she was here (it's her first trip here, a Northern girl), we went hotel no less than 30 times. Each time without paying her. But I do give her small sum of money to send home occasionally. You can also say that this is indirectly paying her. Haha... Foc? Fuck On Credit, bro. You just pay later or you pay in kind. On the day before she left for home, she asked me for money to bring home. I was prepared for it. But what I wasn't prepared for is that she's gonna ask me for $9,000. Of course, I didn't pay her that. Call me a bastard but I don't think any working lady is worth me paying that much. What I did is, I checked back my records of going hotel with her and taking into consideration how much I've given her to send home, I gave her what I would have given a normal working lady. Don't want to shortchange her. Yes, I did make a record of the number of times we went hotel, which hotel, what date, and all other occasions that we went out together. Yes, I'm that bastard. :-)

Thing is, I've told her I don't want her to be doing this work again and concentrate on studies. I will support her monthly. But I guess she prefer to see money in her pocket than seeing a monthly remittance from me. Too bad.

So see? All the "I love you" and "you love me" still cannot win the power of $$$. :-)

totally agree with you bro...had a similar exp when i firsted started to cheong...in the end we parted amicably cost an american was able to offer her what she needed...

we still see one another around but no more f***ing as i felt have to be fair to the guy that is feeding her.. :)

superhuman
15-05-2012, 10:28 AM
This vb that I'm after was honest with me by saying if uvwant go hotel, u must give me money. I work in ktv because I need money. I respect that.

I also don't tk it is ethical to f for free. I like e term that u use. FOC- fuck on credit!

Is there an indon thread? Y not u start one! Would love to read discussion on IB

Hurricane88
15-05-2012, 10:39 AM
This thread becomes a WL thread...talking about FOC...???:confused:

jackbl
15-05-2012, 11:28 AM
because they shake their head while talking :)

Long time no see u post here. U stop learning/teaching TV??? We will lost a good teacher here :(

Honey Boon
15-05-2012, 11:34 AM
don't worry... he is always there ;)

Long time no see u post here. U stop learning/teaching TV??? We will lost a good teacher here :(

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 11:47 AM
totally agree with you bro...had a similar exp when i firsted started to cheong...in the end we parted amicably cost an american was able to offer her what she needed...

we still see one another around but no more f***ing as i felt have to be fair to the guy that is feeding her.. :)

I wrote the following, but decide to add in this part because I don't know if your "feeding her" means she is being kept by him, or she's still working and just that the American to paying her while not knowing she is still working.

You don't do it, someone else will do it. Rather you do it and pay her, than she has to look around for customers.

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 11:52 AM
This vb that I'm after was honest with me by saying if uvwant go hotel, u must give me money. I work in ktv because I need money. I respect that.

I also don't tk it is ethical to f for free. I like e term that u use. FOC- fuck on credit!

Is there an indon thread? Y not u start one! Would love to read discussion on IB

You offend quite a few people in the forum (and in this thread too) with that statement of yours. Haha... But who care. Can't please all people all the time.

Don't think there's a thread on Indonesian ceweks. Incidentally, this thread isn't about VB too. It's about Tieng Viet - the language they speak. :-)

superhuman
15-05-2012, 11:53 AM

U r right, we shld keep it to viet culture, language n ppl.

General poll- compared to thai lang (which i learnt basic), is TV easier to pick up? Basic conversation

jf66312
15-05-2012, 12:02 PM

hjhj..sorry bro hurricane..got carried away... :D

jackbl
15-05-2012, 12:18 PM
U r right, we shld keep it to viet culture, language n ppl.

General poll- compared to thai lang (which i learnt basic), is TV easier to pick up? Basic conversation

U asked in the wrong place, also i dunno where to ask..... As like u are asking ppl they think Apple nicer or Orange nicer to eat...

If u hv the interest, it will be easier to pick up. If u are a Chinese, it will be easier to pick up, as abt 10% of the TV pronunciation/meaning same as Mandarin/Cantonese :D

superhuman
15-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Heh... Ok, will try pickup TV.

Sorry for another translation request.
Cám ơn anh. Dã quan tâm e, em chưa khoẻ nhưng hôm nay em di làm. Tôi dã không di làm 3ngày rồi buồn quá

Screw up translation fr google-
Thank you. E skin care, you may be strong but today I went to work. I was not going to do 3d and then trafficking through

Thanks sifus!

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Cám ơn anh. Dã quan tâm e, em chưa khoẻ nhưng hôm nay em di làm. Tôi dã không di làm 3ngày rồi buồn quá

Thanks sifus!

Thank you anh. Already caring about me. I'm not yet healthy but today I working. I already 3 days never work. Very sad.

FYI.

superhuman
15-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Thank you anh. Already caring about me. I'm not yet healthy but today I working. I already 3 days never work. Very sad.

FYI.

Thanks a lot bro! Just to show that I got do work also and not a freeloader. I went to vdict to search each word...

Dã quan tâm

To  man's good heart mind center, heart

em       chưa       khoẻ             nhưng  hôm nay         em di làm
I,          not yet   healthy        but       today
             I go work

Tôi       dã        không  di                                             làm
I           to         not       to move to leave behind         to

3Ngày   rồi                    buồn    quá
3 Day. Already. Sad. Exceed

vietnam80
15-05-2012, 01:48 PM

Thank you. E skin care, you may be strong but today I went to work. I was not going to do 3d and then trafficking through

Thanks sifus!

I sense trap coming on the way....:cool:

vietboy
15-05-2012, 01:50 PM

My exact sentiments!

jackbl
15-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Cám ơn anh. Dã quan tâm e

Thank you. E skin care

People already translate the word for u, yet u still quote the wrong thing ....... So are u learning????

superhuman
15-05-2012, 03:22 PM
People already translate the word for u, yet u still quote the wrong thing ....... So are u learning????

pai seh..give chance la bro. if ask me malay or thai, i still know a bit. But TV is a different animal.

sometimes repetitive learning ma. the more time one sees the same words, e more they recognise. I jus started last wk le.. hope for sifu's teaching. kekeeke

jackbl
15-05-2012, 03:25 PM
sometimes repetitive learning ma. the more time one sees the same words, e more they recognise. I jus started last wk le.. hope for sifu's teaching. kekeeke

Give u chance here.... Remember to take note of ALL words u learnt and make it into a small notepad or anything u like, easy to carry around and if u need help u can refer to it.... :)

superhuman
15-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Give u chance here.... Remember to take note of ALL words u learnt and make it into a small notepad or anything u like, easy to carry around and if u need help u can refer to it.... :)

hahahah... i dun remember me so hardworking during my study days. Except 2 days before exams

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 04:03 PM
hahahah... i dun remember me so hardworking during my study days. Except 2 days before exams

This is different. Success in mastering the language may mean your bro getting to explore more caves. LOL...

vietboy
15-05-2012, 06:30 PM

FYI.

Khoe is feeling well/ feeling good.
When someone asked: Ban khoe khong? Is not asking: you healthy or not? It sounded weird rite? It is something like: are u well? Since the context here is taking about being sick.

EmCee
15-05-2012, 10:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyTbLc6JbU

No disrespect to the dead but is the guy passenger of this cab 1 of the bros here??

To keep in topic is "say chut chut" the correct way to say a little drank?

tomcat007
15-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Both passengers of the taxi are female. One died in hospital, one injured.

EmCee
15-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Both passengers of the taxi are female. One died in hospital, one injured.

eerrr..what?? I am referring to the passengers in this cab that was recording the incident, it sounds like a SG guy conversing with a Viet gal in TV. Lucky they wouldn't talking about the usual lam tinh and things like that as this video have gone viral.

By the way, the cab that was involved in this tragedy had only 1 jap gal on board and she and the PRC died on the spot. The taxi driver died in hospital. Only the gal passenger of the red car and a motorcyclist survived.

KangTuo
15-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Long time no see u post here. U stop learning/teaching TV??? We will lost a good teacher here

don't worry... he is always there ;)

ya ya... i am always around. these days many expert around liao. No one ask questions or translation.

Anyway I only teach XNN TV :p

KangTuo
15-05-2012, 11:53 PM
it sounds like a SG guy conversing with a Viet gal in TV.

this is the first thing i notice why i recieved the video...

ilovedoggie
16-05-2012, 01:17 AM
U asked in the wrong place, also i dunno where to ask..... As like u are asking ppl they think Apple nicer or Orange nicer to eat...

hahahahhaha! jack sibeh cute.:D

anyway agree with u TV share quite a fair bit of similarity with chinese. even the grammar is quite alike.

tomcat007
16-05-2012, 01:30 AM
eerrr..what?? I am referring to the passengers in this cab that was recording the incident, it sounds like a SG guy conversing with a Viet gal in TV. Lucky they wouldn't talking about the usual lam tinh and things like that as this video have gone viral.

By the way, the cab that was involved in this tragedy had only 1 jap gal on board and she and the PRC died on the spot. The taxi driver died in hospital. Only the gal passenger of the red car and a motorcyclist survived.

Oh.. I was viewing another clip reporting on the same accident. Maybe I hear wrongly then.

And yes, I also caught notice of TV spoken in the recorder.

KangTuo
16-05-2012, 08:20 AM
But now am looking to make a comeback. Heh heh heh

This is different. Success in mastering the language may mean your bro getting to explore more caves. LOL...

see you so active in this thread really mean you are making a come back to explore more caves :D

enjoy enjoy but quantity and quality these days not comparable to 2009...

KangTuo
16-05-2012, 08:22 AM

we still see one another around but no more f***ing as i felt have to be fair to the guy that is feeding her..

did i heard this story sometimes back when we happen to talk about a particular vb? :)

vietboy
16-05-2012, 08:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyyTbLc6JbU

No disrespect to the dead but is the guy passenger of this cab 1 of the bros here??

To keep in topic is "say chut chut" the correct way to say a little drank?

The correct way to pronounce it is "sin". For me i'll write as "xin". BTW, it is drunk. For drank, my version is "uong".

vietboy
16-05-2012, 08:44 AM
hahahahhaha! jack sibeh cute.:D

anyway agree with u TV share quite a fair bit of similarity with chinese. even the grammar is quite alike.

To add on:
Lets take the recent topic if "quan tam" = to care/concern. In chinese: 关心. In cantonese: kuan sum. Noticed the similarity down to the number of syllabes? The closeness to cantonese pronounaction of the 1st syllabes.
This also why Viets are quite fast in picking up spoken TH.

vietboy
16-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Brought the discussion of the translation of Teacher here from the "Vietnamese WL" thread.

So is teacher = thay giao
Or
Teacher = co giao?
:confused:
Any professors here can lend a hand?

tomcat007
16-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Brought the discussion of the translation of Teacher here from the "Vietnamese WL" thread.

So is teacher = thay giao
Or
Teacher = co giao?
:confused:
Any professors here can lend a hand?

I was taught thay giao, whereas co giao refers to female teacher. Am I right?

tomcat007
16-05-2012, 09:04 AM
see you so active in this thread really mean you are making a come back to explore more caves :D

enjoy enjoy but quantity and quality these days not comparable to 2009...

Quantity is not a problem. What's important is quality. Now just spending some time to catch up on my TV first...

vietboy
16-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I was taught thay giao, whereas co giao refers to female teacher. Am I right?

Same here. I thought thay giao is referring to teachers in general both male female. Co giao like u said is female teachers only.

superhuman
16-05-2012, 06:29 PM
anywhere to recommend to learn TV?

Looked in Community Centres but no TV.

Used to take korean in CC and cost is only 120 for 10 lessons.

tomcat007
16-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Bro,

Google for Cheng Hwang Feng or youyiguan. She's my teacher for TV spoken in the south. Now a lecturer in a Taiwan university after marrying there. She has a series of video that you can download for free off msn.

jelioboy
16-05-2012, 10:36 PM
anywhere to recommend to learn TV?

Looked in Community Centres but no TV.

suggest you may want to try online find vietnamese undergrads studying in local tertiary institutions...they speak english well so effectively bilingual...

just when you found one, structure the lessons accordingly to what you want to know...write down all the phrases and sentences that you want to know and get her to translate...after that, every lesson she will practice the right pronunciation with you, which is more important than knowing the TV words...

vietboy
17-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Zhi Thong is from Pudu Kuala Lumpur, a PRC who is specializes in "LA GEN" and Massage. I had didi ED problem many years ago until I met her last year. She helps me to look young again and enjoy good sex relationship. Many bros have also tried and all feedback in FR is positive. Some bros even have regular session with her thru appointment in hotels and apartments. No play play one. you want ctc and pic pls email [email protected]

Sorry wrong topic here. Here is for Tieng Viet discussion. Shoo shoo! :D:p

jf66312
17-05-2012, 09:55 AM
did i heard this story sometimes back when we happen to talk about a particular vb? :)

yes bro..u are right...u know the vb...

recently went to the joint and saw her fren frm the north... :D

RockViet
17-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Vietnamese comedy movie ... quite funny

... hay va co nhieu dep gai nha

Cô Dâu Đại Chiến 2011 (FULL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB3j-7awAfY&feature=related

jackbl
18-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Helmets intentionally misused in Vietnam
==================================================
Wearing helmets while riding motorbikes on the streets, which is obligatory in Vietnam, is seemingly not meant for riders’ safety, but only as a formality to evade punishment by traffic police.

Thanks to the trend, helmet manufacturers dodge the law by producing low-quality products -- for a cheap price -- and stamp it as ‘used only for walking or playing sports’ such as kicking a shuttle cock or playing badminton.

Skipping through comments on the genuine need of walkers if they need such helmets, the manufacturers certainly target motorbike riders who wish to wear cheap products simply to evade punishment by police and not for personal safety.

Low quality products used far and wide

In Ho Chi Minh City, especially in suburbs of District 6, Go Vap, Binh Tan, Binh Chanh and Tan Binh, it’s easy to find low-quality helmets displayed for sale on the pavement along busy streets.

In appearance, a low-quality helmet looks much like the genuine product, with a hard plastic cover, a spongy layer inside to protect the wearer from collisions, and a strap. Besides quality control and checking stamps, another stamp saying ‘Used only for walking’ is posted at the back of the helmet.

They are sold for only VND25,000 a piece, or just over one US dollar while a genuine helmet costs at least four times that.

Mr. Luu, owner of a helmet distribution firm in Binh Hung Hoa B Ward in Ho Chi Minh City’s Binh Tan District, said he has over 30 models of helmets ranging from VND25,000 – VND75,000 and he can distribute 2,000 helmets within three days after having an order.

He said his products sell well in provinces as they are cheap and ‘meet quality standards for having enough of the three components required in a unit’.

For helmets ‘used for walking ’, its spongy layer -- which is designed to absorb force during a collision -- is so thin that it can easily be pierced with a finger. The plastic cover has a strong smell of recycled pitch.

An official from the Quality Control Unit in the city reported that a quality spongy layer from a genuine helmet weighs at least 120 grams while the one ‘for walking’ is 30-40g.

A vendor in Phu Lam Park in District 6 told a customer, “Before use, you should unglue the stamp ‘used for walking’. It is added there to meet legal requirements. . Don’t worry even when it is checked by traffic police.”

Helmets ‘for walking’ are also displayed along Truong Chinh and Ly Thuong Kiet streets, leading into the city.

Ly Ngoc Thang, chief of the Market Management Unit 3A in Ho Chi Minh City, said, “Everyone knows that these low quality products are a form of dodging the law as I see no people walking wearing these helmets on the street.

“I think there must be regulations made to adjust and control the kind of helmets used‘for walking ’. In my opinion, it should be applied with the current quality control regulation.”

Tran Viet Thanh, deputy Minister of Sciences and Technology, admitted that now Vietnam has quality control regulations on wearing helmets while riding motorbikes and electric bikes.

He said he would pass the ‘newly-emerging walking helmets to the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Industry and Trade for consideration.

jackbl
19-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Confessions Of An English Coffee Eater
================================================== =
I hate coffee. I mean, I can tolerate it, if I can’t taste it. But a curious thing has happened to me since I moved to Vietnam. I need it now. If I don’t drink it I am asleep. And now that I need it to be awake, and can disguise the taste with sweet condensed milk, I am discovering that I kind of like it. I like coffee, a lot.

One of the best ways to pass the time in Hanoi is, I believe, to sit in one of its many traditional cafés, a drip coffee percolating slowly by one’s side, a book in hand or — if one has drunk too much coffee — just stare at the world and its people as they pass, imagine absurd things and, as slowly and softly as the coffee drips into the cup, lose one’s mind.

In a city full to the brim with great cafés, it’s hard to pick favourites. There are still so many I haven’t been to. But let me introduce you to ten I consider to be among the best. After a bit of research on the internet I now know that it would take 78.86 cups of drip coffee to kill someone of my body weight, which means that I, and probably you (unless you’re one thousandth my size), can visit them all in one day. Come with me.

On the Drip

I start at Cong Caphe (152D Trieu Viet Vuong, Hai Ba Trung) as it’s near my house and is purported to sell a coffee that sounds a bit like it could be breakfast. The café probably needs no introduction, but anyway it’s a cool place, high-ceilinged and decorated with baby propaganda and thimbles of coloured thread. The coffee, which comes from Buon Me Thuot, is normally excellent. I drink a coffee with yoghurt and sticky rice (VND50,000). It’s bitty and tastes fermented, like Christmas cardboard. Filling, but not my thing, maybe it’s yours.

Next I wheel myself up the road to Café 61 (61 Trieu Viet Vuong, Hai Ba Trung). The best thing about this place is its prices — almost as cheap as in the past. I order a ca phe sua da (VND15,000). It seems to be a place where men come to sleep. A couple of them are passed out in window seats. I sit at the stone table out the back. It’s slightly Narnian in aspect, although coloured as if the Aslan to be slain was a giant Dalmatian rather than a lion. The caffeine is kicking in nicely now. I’m awake.

A brisk, slightly nervy drive takes me to Café Duy Tri (43 Yen Phu, Tay Ho). I’m told this is one of the best cafes in the city. A narrow entrance framed with square jars of coffee beans leads to the ground floor seating area. On the walls are pictures of sharp-toothed rodents, some gnawing something pink and fleshy. A human face? The inside of a knee? Upstairs are two more levels, with slightly less alarming mosaics adorning the walls, and framed photos of a sword and an old tennis racquet (I think). Some of the seats are made from upturned beer crates. I take a seat on the balcony overlooking the bustle of the street. Their speciality, sua chua ca phe (VND20,000), is excellent, and tastes vaguely of chocolate. I’m not sure, but I think I can hear the electricity in the wires buzzing. Yes. Yes I can. They’re right next to me. Can you hear them? You can’t?

Heading back into the centre of town, I visit Café Pho Co (11 Hang Gai, Hoan Kiem — enter through the silk shop) for a cup of their famous egg coffee (VND40,000). It’s a load of froth through which the coffee glides downwards. It tastes a little bit eggy, a lot like roasted marshmallows. Spooning it into my mouth I lock my quivering eyes on the view of Hoan Kiem Lake. This used to be the ‘secret café’ — a slice of Hanoi passed down from person to person, until some winky put it in the Lonely Planet and it became another stop on the trail. Apparently, there’s a new ‘secret café’, and I know where it is. No way I’m telling you, though. No way. It’s a bit of a suffocating walk out through the tunnel, which is dark and narrow and dark, and turns purple at the end like being born into the light. It’s too bright out here.

Fully Wired

Time for lunch, so I drive to Café Cat (2 Chau Long, Ba Dinh). Here you can get some very tasty pho ordered in from across the street. I get a bowl of pho bo chin with an egg in it (VND40,000) and a ca phe sua da (VND25,000). I clutch chopsticks between my violently shaking fingers and eat, watched over by wooden cats. Good. I don’t like cats. The café is quiet and the Wi-Fi is strong. I get my computer out. I write emails until a loud tapping sound begins to annoy me. It’s disturbing the peace and quiet I’ve found. Eventually, I realise it’s my own fingers hammering away at the keys. This is some good coffee here. Good.

Next stop is Café Xe Co (11-13 Hang Bun, Ba Dinh). My fingers smell of apples. I haven’t eaten apples. Here is filled with old bikes and motorbikes. Very funky place. Coffee here (VND20,000). I can’t stop smelling my fingers. It’ll be ok. Good. I like it here. But it’s time to leave. I can’t find my motorbike key. Is that it, up there in the wires? What the…? It’s massive. I’m shrinking, so small. How on earth did that happen? Pat my body to make sure. Wait. I don’t own a Vespa. That’s not mine. My key is small. Here it is, by my foot. I am still big. Good.

At Café Lam (60 Nguyen Huu Huan, Hoan Kiem), small wooden tables and chairs line the walls, which are covered in paintings. The coffee (VND17,000) is very strong here. I once scared a man, I think, by gibbering at him under the influence of the beans in this place. This time I’m here alone and will scare no one. In one of the propaganda-style paintings, a baby is suckling at its mother’s breast — which is nice. In another, a tiny, grey-skinned woman in a blue ao dai is holding aloft, or being crushed by, a wooden tobacco bong three times the size of her. In yet another picture there is a pot and six cups. I’ve had six cups of coffee today. Who told them? And why are they looking at me? I down my seventh and leave. I’m frightened.

Skipping a Beat

At the end of Ngo 12 Dang Thai Mai, past the Hoang An Pagoda in Tay Ho is a little café on the water with stone tables, a view of the lake, the murmur of hidden frogs, the splash of men fishing, and coffee (VND20,000). You can sit here very still, close your eyes, and breathe. But you may begin to think you’re a frog, or inside a frog, or inside the water being fished for. And then you won’t be able to breathe and you’ll gasp for air. And people will stare at you, and you’ll have to go.

This traffic is intense. Back in town at Café Junghans (64 Hoa Ma, Hai Ba Trung) I am now surrounded by old clocks. The proprietor tells me there may be up to 800 of them. They are beautiful, these clocks, set to different times. I am drinking coffee (VND20,000). It’s impossible to live at all these different times. The clocks are German. A punctual people I’m told. Never met one. Proprietor neither. Clocks chime. They’re all ticking. Tick-tock. Put my ear to some of them. Absolute silence. Put my fingers to my neck. Feel my galloping heart. Hear it banging in my ears. It is I who tick, I who tock. Would be tiring to live all these parallel lives at once. Would need a lot of coffee. Outside is a tree, gnarled with time. At its base sits a key-cutter, a cutter of keys. To unlock time? No. That’s a stupid thing to say. Stupid. To unlock the tree. Still trying.

The sun, though I can’t see it, is setting. I’m drinking coffee (VND20,000) on Ho Xa Dan. A kingfisher lives here, and terrapins bask on a log. I would tell you where I drink but the lake is ringed with places so you can just pick one. Anyway, I come here to read and don’t want to meet you here. If you turn up you’ll ask me if you can join me and I’ll want to say ‘no’ but I’ll say ‘yes’ so as not to offend you and then resent you as you sit down. Or I’ll say ‘no’ and then feel horrible and be unable to concentrate on my book anyway. Or perhaps you’d only asked to be polite, and when I say ‘yes’ you’ll feel like you have to sit with me and will resent me when you do. Better you just choose your own café. Anyway, I can’t talk to you now or look you in the eye. My heart, it beats like a little bird’s.

* This article was published in The Word Hanoi

casannova03
19-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Haha...bro Jack machiam like principal's tone...lol! Had a good laugh!:p

Must listen to principal ok people....if not ask principal carry out "public caning "hor...:D

ilovedoggie
19-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Haha...bro Jack machiam like principal's tone...lol! Had a good laugh!:p

Must listen to principal ok people....if not ask principal carry out "public caning "hor...:D

i dont want to listen to him at all. can he please order his co giao to cane me butt in a private room? :D:p

jackbl
20-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Odd fact in Hanoi
===========================

VietNamNet Bridge – If they seek a place to visit, Hanoians will never mention museums. Parents who are always eager to seek useful addresses to enrich their children’s knowledge never think of taking their kids to museums, though nearly 20 museums of Hanoi are situated at the best locations.

VietNamNet randomly asked some people the same question: “Do you take your children to museums?” The common answer was “no.” They said they never thought about taking their kids to museum and they did not remember the last time they had visited a museum.

Instead of going to a museum, they took kids to shopping malls during weekends, where kids could play at an amusement site for kids while their parents could drink coffee, go shopping and then they enjoyed a movie together.

Why are museums not favored by Hanoians?

With around seven million people, Hanoi has less than 20 museums. Worse, most of museums are unattractive to visitors.

Hanoi’s museums cannot compete with other forms of entertainment and are losing visitors since they lack methodological marketing and development strategies. They also lack amazing products and lag behind the development of Vietnamese society.

Only the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology regularly designs new programs to draw visitors, the remaining museums are always quiet because they do not have interesting events. This museum earns VND12.5 billion (over $600,000) last year compared with VND780 million (over $40,000) of the Vietnam Fine-art Museum and VND1.46 billion (over $70,000) of the Vietnam History Museum.

The number of visitors to the Vietnam Museum of History, a big museum in Hanoi and Vietnam, felt from 167,000 in 2008 to 73,000 in 2011. The museum’s managers explained that the number of visitors dropped because tourism firms did not cooperate with the museum anymore.

Annually, this museum receives VND13 billion ($600,000) from the State budget to maintain its operation. It is assigned to earn yearly revenue of VND2 billion ($100,000) but the museum can earn over VND1 billion, mainly from hiring its space to organize weddings and restaurants. Last year, investment in this museum was VND43 billion ($2.1 million).

“I think that we need to have a contemporary art museum. Though it is late, we should build such a museum. We should not increase the number of museums but we should better develop the existing museums. The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology is a good example for other museums,” said Mr. Nguyen Dinh Thanh, who holds a culture master degree from the Paris 9 University.

According to a comprehensive plan on developing Vietnam’s museum system to 2020, more museums will be built, including the National History Museum. This will be one of the biggest museums in Vietnam, covering 9,000sq.m near Hanoi’s West Lake. The work will be completed in the next five years.

Hoang Vy

jackbl
21-05-2012, 11:32 PM

Used to have the same lesson in Tieng Viet, that was 5 years ago.... :(

KangTuo
21-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Used to have the same lesson in Tieng Viet, that was 5 years ago....

:eek::eek: it was soooo long agi liao huh???... OMG i am getting younger just like ss08 :p

jackbl
24-05-2012, 05:19 PM
A new way of earning money in Vietnam: leasing space

VietNamNet Bridge – Billboards have been hung on every space in big cities, on the roads to the airports, above buildings and houses, at schools and in parks. Urbanites now can live well with the new job of leasing space to billboards.

Countless images of numberless products and services, from dish washing liquid luxurious cars, from cosmetics to cakes, now can be seen everywhere in big cities.

Billboards mushrooming everywhere

A beautiful and fashionable girl is seen standing next to an Attilta scooter on the crossroads of Hang Xanh in Binh Thanh district of HCM City. Next to the scooter and the fashionable girl are a lot of nutrition sausages for the youth. Commercial banks, namely Dai A Bank and Bao Viet Bank also occupy their positions at the busy crossroads.

On the other side of the road, people can see a lot of billboards showing the images of foreign language centers or brewery products. Each house bears on its shoulders at least one or a lot of billboards. The boards have been surrounding the houses, leaving the entrance doors only.

Pham Minh Phuoc, a local resident said that the billboards can turn landlords into billionaires. They would pocket hundreds of millions of dong a year from every billboard set up on the space around their houses.

The space leasing fee for billboards has always been very high because of the high demand. Manufacturers and service providers believe that it would be better to install billboards to advertise their products than posting ad shots on TVs, printing or online newspapers. Though they have to spend big money to lease space, their products would be more easily catch the eyes of the public.

Not only arising on commercial hub areas, billboards have also been set up at schools, from nursery schools to high schools. At the entrance door to the Hong Ha primary school in Binh Thanh district, one can see the words “Our school is green, clean and beautiful” and the image of Cream-O biscuit.

A wide range of products and services have been introduced to students and their parents with such the billboards. The products could be sweets, dairy products, while the services could be live skill training courses or foreign language centers. There are a lot of centers for parents’ choice, including Dong Du, Tan Van, Hoa Van, Thuong Mai, EMG Education (Your Bridge To International success).

Le Ngoc Diep, Head of the Primary Education Division of the HCM City Education and Training Department, said that enterprises now can enter schools through different ways. Some of them donate schools the boards, which can be used as notice boards. Of course, on the boards, one would see the names, the logos and the images of products on the boards, which proves to be a very effective advertisement method.

“I cannot understand why schools accept this, if this badly affects the schooling environment,” he said.

Enterprises ignore regulations

According to the HCM City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the department has granted 22,500 licenses on implementing outdoors advertisement projects to enterprises and organizations over the last five years.

However, the number of billboards seen in the city is really much higher than the above mentioned figure. This means that a lot of billboards have still been installed without the permission of competent agencies. Even lamp posts, electricity poles, telephone boxes and trees could be used as the places for advertisement boards.

Under the current regulations, the billboards on highways must be installed on vacant area and 20 meters far from people’s houses, while a billboard must not be larger than 1.2x8m. However, in fact, no standard and no regulation has been followed by enterprises.

Source: Gia Dinh

jackbl
25-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Highway costs in Vietnam higher than elsewhere in the world
================================================== =============

VietNamNet Bridge – It’s the under table money which makes the highways in Vietnam the most expensive ways in the world.

Reports show that the expenses on making highways in Vietnam are 1.5-2 times higher than that in neighboring countries such as China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, and even higher than in the US. As a result, Vietnam still finds it difficult to attract investors to highway projects and it always takes investors long time to recover the investment capital. The high costs also put a heavy burden on the State.

Nevertheless, there has been no official figure about the average investment rate for every kilometer of highways. The Ministry of Transport has never made concrete figures public.

Sky-high costs, terribly low quality

The Lang – Hoa Lac Highway in Hanoi has been well known as one of the most costly highways in Vietnam. The project, initially capitalized at 5379 billion dong, was kicked off in March 2005. It was expected that once it is put into operation, after 30 months, this would become the most modern highways in Vietnam.

However, to date, the project has not been completed yet due to a lot of problems, including the site clearance. Under the initial design, the highway would have the investment rate of 179 billion dong per kilometer.

However, as the project went slowly, in October 2007, the Ministry of Transport decided to make some changes to the project, raising the investment capital to 7527 billion dong. This means that the average investment rate would climb to 250 billion dong instead of 179 billion dong as previously thought.

The figure dazed a lot of people who could not imagine before about such a big figure. Meanwhile, in many localities in Vietnam, local authorities cannot arrange enough several hundreds of billions of dong to build bridges. Students there have to swim to school or go across the small and dangerous foot bridges.

People cannot understand why it is so costly to build a highway in Vietnam. Where the labor cost is cheap, workers’ skills are good and material supplies are profuse.

Meanwhile, the idiom “you get what you pay for” proves to be untrue in highway projects. A lot of expensive highways still have low quality with a lot of potholes appearing just a short time after the highways were put into operation.

The “envelops” with a 10 percent commission inside

Experts have pointed out that the “underground money,” which all the contractors have to pay to high ranking officials, investors and involved parties, has pushed the highway costs up.

Bui Kien Thanh, a well-known economist, said that in order to win the bids, contractors have to “give envelops” to investors, and the envelops need to contain the sum of money which is no less than 10 percent of the value of the projects.

Contractors can play a lot of tricks to obtain jobs. When attending bids, they usually offered low prices, but after signing contracts with investors, they would show higher estimates, citing a lot of reasons to explain the changes.

Experts have estimated that contractors can pocket 30 percent of the project value from every project.

Dr Nguyen Minh Phong from the Hanoi Economics and Development Institute said that most of the highway projects in Vietnam have raised doubts about the costs and quality. While the labor force is very cheap in Vietnam, the country still has to pay high for building highways.

Phong said that the current management procedure which shows many problems, has “created favorable conditions” for embezzlement, which then makes the costs higher.

Source: Dat Viet

vietnam80
25-05-2012, 02:57 PM
any kind bros here can help with this translation?

e kieu a nhan cho than do noi la vo may kg o thi may thoi di.

Thanks alot....

jasonong
25-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Anybody kind enough to translate the below?

Troi oi cai lon que

vietnam80
25-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Anybody kind enough to translate the below?

Troi oi cai lon que

i posted to u in the earlier thread liao bro

Hurricane88
26-05-2012, 12:00 PM
i posted to u in the earlier thread liao bro

Troi oi cai lon que

my try...what the fuck...:)

KangTuo
26-05-2012, 12:24 PM
any kind bros here can help with this translation?

Thanks alot....

i tell you sms to that guy to say that his wife not here so he should go...

jackbl
26-05-2012, 01:11 PM

i tell you sms to that guy to say that his wife not here so he should go...

Boss, there are few spelling mistakes yet you can translate. Your "up mountain" move really helps, your TV improved alot :D

jackbl
26-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Troi oi cai lon que

my try...what the fuck...:)

My try............ Oh my god! Chee bye!

Any expert can confirm my guess?

casannova03
26-05-2012, 01:40 PM
My try............ Oh my god! Chee bye!

Any expert can confirm my guess?

Troi oi = what??!! or what the!!!...

Cai lon= pussy = cb

cai lon que = blood from the pussy/cb

Depending on the conversation before this sentence, it could be used as scolding someone or something with "what the pussy blood!!"

or

if you were asking her to go lam tinh wth you, she is just replying you with "oh, got pussy blood(menses)"

or

Sometimes it is used in a friendly banter between people who know each other well...like they were teasing each other on something and one party decides to rebutt with "cai lon que", in this case it's usage is used as a friendly rebuttal not unlike how we use "lan jiao la" in a friendly manner to rebutt close friends....

Hope I am correct....:p

superhuman
26-05-2012, 02:01 PM
maybe it is beneficial to list some swear words so that we can identify when the vb gossips??

I will start with one I just learnt. Not sure what the marks are but it is du moc?

Means F**K you, lol

KangTuo
26-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Boss, there are few spelling mistakes yet you can translate. Your "up mountain" move really helps, your TV improved alot :D

not as good as you lah... you highlighted the spelling error while i don't. I just glance thru and agar agar traslate only.
i up mountain to help improve my bx cheena leh...

KangTuo
26-05-2012, 04:40 PM
maybe it is beneficial to list some swear words so that we can identify when the vb gossips??

when vb gossips, they don't swear... :)

vietboy
27-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Troi oi = what??!! or what the!!!...

Cai lon= pussy = cb

cai lon que = blood from the pussy/cb

Depending on the conversation before this sentence, it could be used as scolding someone or something with "what the pussy blood!!"

or

if you were asking her to go lam tinh wth you, she is just replying you with "oh, got pussy blood(menses)"

or

Sometimes it is used in a friendly banter between people who know each other well...like they were teasing each other on something and one party decides to rebutt with "cai lon que", in this case it's usage is used as a friendly rebuttal not unlike how we use "lan jiao la" in a friendly manner to rebutt close friends....

Hope I am correct....:p

yup!
u r correct! :)

vietboy
27-05-2012, 03:24 PM

I will start with one I just learnt. Not sure what the marks are but it is du moc?

Means F**K you, lol

did u mean "du ma" ?? :confused:

jackbl
27-05-2012, 09:56 PM
not as good as you lah...

Dun suan me la.... I no more learning, just use dicktionary only :D I wan go up mountain but no hill also :( Now I dive into valley liao. Teach mandarin and english :p

KangTuo
27-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Now I dive into valley liao.

you dive into valley between 2 mountains and dive into dark cave inthe middle of forest only :p

jackbl
29-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Scantily-clad performers could be banned 6 months
================================================== =======
The Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism has proposed to the government a new decree under which scantily-clad stage entertainers could be banned from performance for a period of between three and six months.

According to the proposed decree, besides receiving monetary fines, artists who violate in performing costumes will not be allowed to perform overseas as well.

Last week, there was a public outcry over the penalty against local pop singer Thu Minh, who wore revealing clothes criticized by the public as being offensive at a music show titled “Ngan Sao Hoi Tu” (The Convergence of a Thousand Stars) in HCMC on April 20.

The fine was considered just a light slap on the wrist that serves as a poor deterrent compared with the fame the singer attracted after the scandal.

Pham Xuan Phuc, deputy chief inspector of the ministry, said that the penalty should include both fines and bans, like in football.

“It’s not right to issue fines to singers only, the show’s organizer is the one who should be fined,” Le Ngoc Cuong, former director of the Performing Arts Department added.

Also, he mentioned that competent authorities must be stricter in censorship. “Authorities need to stop winking at violating shows. It’s unacceptable if you receive money from show organizers then allow decency-flouting incidents to take place.”

Vo Trong Nam, director of the HCMC Culture, Sport and Tourism Department informed that the department handled 11 cases of decency violation within the first 5 months of this year, three cases more than the total number recorded last year.

Violators be made to do community service?

Though violating models including Ha Anh, Bebe Pham, Ngoc Quyen and singers Minh Hang and Thu Minh were invited to the conference on May 18 that focused on violations in dressing etiquette, they were not present.

Singer Thanh Thuy from the Military Zone 7 art troupe said it’s time to have detailed regulations on performing costumes.

“Artists who regularly wear ao dai (Vietnam’s traditional long gown) cannot be hotter than those who wear just a little or nothing,” she complained.

In addition, musician The Hien suggested a stricter penalty for decency flouters. “Artists who like revealing their bodies must do community service!” he opined.

jackbl
30-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Nude photos: to do or not to do?
===========================================
Shooting nude photos and posting them on Facebook or other social networking sites is becoming common among teenagers in Vietnam, but the ‘models’ are not aware that they have been victimized by their nudity.

On a recent weekend day, we followed Đ.D., a photographer who agreed to shoot a series of nude photos for a teen girl.

He said shooting nude photos takes a lot of effort because the young customers often require ‘strange’ positions and a professional crew including two photographers and one styler.

Standing at 165cm tall, H.H. has the ideal body statistics, and expressed her confidence as she came out of a bathroom in the buff. H is currently studying at a university in Ho Chi Minh City.

Two hours later, H had a collection of 100 nude photos, featuring the sexy curves in her body.

“This is my first time shooting nude. I saw many friends of mine doing so. They told me that if I have a good body, I should be proud of it and show off. So I tried to keep up with them,” H said.

Diep H., 18, a first-year student, is so proud of her expressive face and good acting in front of a camera, despite the fact that she doesn’t have the most attractive appearance. She has been dubbed the “Beauty queen of nude photos” by Facebook users due to her voluptuous curves.

Sexually abused

While some nude models are proud of what they’ve done, others have complained that they have been sexually abused by photographers.

Mai Linh, 18, a resident of Vo Van Kiet Street, District 8, recalled: “Two months ago, a photographer who I got to know through a social networking site tried to convince me to shoot nude. I agreed to out of my curiosity. But when I took off clothes, the photographer touched my breast, claiming that he was helping me pose for photos.”

Ha G., 22, hailing from Tan Phu District, felt regret that her nude photos were leaked as they fell into the wrong hands four years ago.

“When I was 18, I had a photographer shoot my nude photos through the recommendation of a friend without my boyfriend’s knowledge. When I was involved in an argument with the friend, she intentionally posted my photos on the internet. My boyfriend saw them and decided to end our relationship,” G. said in sad voice.

Recently, a clip portraying a behind-the-scenes look at a nude photo shoot posted on Youtube has attracted criticism. Although the online community has strongly condemned whoever posted it, the main character in the clip has also received heavy criticism from public opinion.

ilovedoggie
05-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Lao wa k vao day!

I hv a translation problem. How to say 我在赶时间 in TV.

Thank u in adv to all the thay giao here. Cam on nhieu.

vietboy
05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Lao wa k vao day!

I hv a translation problem. How to say 我在赶时间 in TV.

Thank u in adv to all the thay giao here. Cam on nhieu.

Good. This means yur TV is at the "no need translation" standard liao. :D

Let me try:
Toi voi vang

MrVinegar
07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
many high hand here and around JC and GL these days. No more translation required. can here many vietnamses speaking guys in JC and GL.

jackbl kor kor, busy with vb now issit? no see you post vn news :)

MrVinegar
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
How to say 我在赶时间 in TV.

anh dang lam tinh thoi gian? :):p

superhuman
08-06-2012, 11:37 AM
How to soften the message with additional words if u wanna be closer to e target?

for here, we add 'la' or 'lor' or 'leh' or 'ah.'-

For example, I ask you u ah and no leh...

Cam on!

jf66312
08-06-2012, 11:49 AM
How to soften the message with additional words if u wanna be closer to e target?

Cam on!

i can think of one so far "nhe"...

Hurricane88
08-06-2012, 11:52 AM

Cam on!

some examples...

anh nho em nhieu nhe
em thich anh ko ah
anh cho em qua tang roi ma

jf66312
08-06-2012, 12:03 PM
some examples...

anh nho em nhieu nhe
em thich anh ko ah
anh cho em qua tang roi ma

just found out nha also can as i just received the folllowing sms frm a vb..

e nho a nhieu lam luon do.a rag an uong cho nhieu nha

vietboy
08-06-2012, 10:38 PM
just found out nha also can as i just received the folllowing sms frm a vb..

e nho a nhieu lam luon do.a rag an uong cho nhieu nha

A: Ai vay?
B: E ne.

superhuman
08-06-2012, 10:59 PM
thanks to all bros who replied regarding post on 'how to soften words' :)

superhuman
08-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Need help. My vb sms me- I miss you so much. And I wanna ask her back- what do you miss about me?

Obviously, google translator not accurate and she khong hieu after I type: Đừng bỏ lỡ những gì về anh?

How to say "what do you miss about me" in tv ah

Hurricane88
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Need help. My vb sms me- I miss you so much. And I wanna ask her back- what do you miss about me?

Obviously, google translator not accurate and she khong hieu after I type: Đừng bỏ lỡ những gì về anh?

em nho ongxa ha? thiet ko? em nho ongxa gi?

DreamOfLust
09-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I went over to my cousin's place and saw his wife... a vietnam chick... 21yo only !!!
my cousin is about 28 / 30... not too close as it's from maternal side...

she can speak conversational mandarin quite fluently wor.

naemlo
09-06-2012, 02:18 AM
I went over to my cousin's place and saw his wife... a vietnam chick... 21yo only !!!
my cousin is about 28 / 30... not too close as it's from maternal side...

The moral of your story???? :confused:

tomcat007
09-06-2012, 02:23 AM

Em nho anh cai gi?

jackbl
09-06-2012, 03:13 PM
can hear many vietnamses speaking guys in JC and GL.

jackbl kor kor, busy with vb now issit? no see you post vn news :)

I hear mostly ppl speak vulgar vietnamese only. Every 2-3 sentence 1 vulgar word :( I very sad, my gal went back, no mood :o

Hurricane88
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I hear mostly ppl speak vulgar vietnamese only. Every 2-3 sentence 1 vulgar word :( I very sad, my gal went back, no mood :o

go there to look for her la...go monthly...:)

jackbl
09-06-2012, 03:20 PM
she can speak conversational mandarin quite fluently wor.

When she comes into our society she needs to learn our language to merge into ours... It's nothing special.... BTW do u know that there are many people around here can speak quite fluently although they are not living in Vn :confused:

jackbl
09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Singapore also less places to watch soccer while hugging VB :D

Saigonese not excited at Euro opener
The football watching atmosphere in Ho Chi Minh City during the opening match of the Euro 2012 between co-host Poland and Greece last night was just lukewarm and not as lively and exciting as in previous seasons.

The District 1-based Youth Cultural House no longer organized a small fan zone where fans can watch Euro games via its 300-inch wide screen. In a similar manner, few customers crowded the football-café streets such as Phan Xich Long in Binh Thanh District, Bac Hai in District 10, or the Bui Vien backpacker quarters.

Local residents on streets around Phu Nhuan and Go Vap districts, who used to bring their TV sets out to the streets and watched and cheered in crowds, seemed neglecting the tradition this year.

Some cafés, though already modernizing their facilities with a couple of 100-inch screens to embrace the championship, shut their doors just after the opener ended with a 1-1 tie between Poland and Greek.

“We received few customers as the two opening matches were not really thrilling, and there were few football stars to watch,” the owner of a football-café on Vu Huy Tuan Street explained.

He, however, remained upbeat saying that the facility would be packed with football fans tonight, when teams under the ‘group of death,’ start their journey.

Netherlands meet 1992 European champions Denmark tonight at 11:00pm GMT+7, while Germany play Portugal 3 hours later.

superhuman
10-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Singapore also less places to watch soccer while hugging VB :D

Saigonese not excited at Euro opener
The football watching atmosphere in Ho Chi Minh City during the opening match of the Euro 2012 between co-host Poland and Greece last night was just lukewarm and not as lively and exciting as in previous seasons.

Yes, that is true. i asked my vb whether she likes football coz there is a big event. She replied one word- NO.

What are viets gd in? I mean pinoys are gd in basket, m'sia/indons are badminton.

Hurricane88
10-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes, that is true. i asked my vb whether she likes football coz there is a big event. She replied one word- NO.
What are viets gd in? I mean pinoys are gd in basket, m'sia/indons are badminton.

dun think you know Vn yet...when Vn national football team won a game...all Vneses came out to celebrate on the roads...all roads in hcm and hanoi will be jammed...wait till you knew what happened when they won a tournament...crazy scenes...u can't even go anyway on a motorbike...:)

football is not a game but a religion in Vn...:)

Golden question
10-06-2012, 10:45 AM

billard:D haha one stick with ball into a hole:D

KangTuo
10-06-2012, 01:02 PM
BTW do u know that there are many people around here can speak quite fluently although they are not living in Vn

you mean jackbl? :D

KangTuo
10-06-2012, 01:05 PM

you should ask a viet guy lah...
girls are still girls... soccer is still a guys thing

KangTuo
10-06-2012, 01:11 PM
a no head no tail question...
what is "ket thuc"?

don't remember the sentence but come across the word within a conversation between a vb and a guy talking about relationship...

jackbl
10-06-2012, 01:18 PM
you mean jackbl?

Sorry I dun. I do "cut & paste" from internet one :p :D That's why I only hide in the internet, dare not go outside and let people hear I speak. If not, it will picah lobang liao ;)

jackbl
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
a no head no tail question...
what is "ket thuc"?

Knn u really lazy. Can spend time travel so far from home to GL yet can't find time to "CUT & PASTE" from internet??????!!!!!!!!!!!!

kết thúc = to end ; to bring,come to end

jackbl
10-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Cosmetic surgery on the rise in Vietnam
=================================================
Cosmetic surgery in Vietnam, in Ho Chi Minh City in particular, has beenbooming in recent years thanks to the increasing demand of local women who wish to improve their appearance.

This trend is because people not only want to feel good inside, they also want to look good outside. To enhance their looks, persona, sensuality and physical appeal, some ignore exercise and nutrition and turn to cosmetic surgery in an attempt to defy both the calendar and genetics.

Most of clients who turn towards the beauty service are younger women from the ages of 20-35. In the southern Ho Chi Minh City alone, around 100,000 clients use these services each year, according to professor Le Hanh -- chief of the aesthetics surgery department of Cho Ray Hospital in the city.

Breast enlargement, face lifts, nose lifts, and liposuction are the most favored services for female clients, he added.

To look like idol

Besides wishing to ‘upgrade’ or ‘correct’ congenital defects on the face or body, some choose cosmetic surgey in the hope of looking like their idols. Doctor Tran Thiet Son from the aesthetic department of Saint Paul Hospital in Hanoi, said he remembers a nice-looking 25 year old client.

“She brought with her a photo of Korean cinema star Kim Tae Hee and told him to correct four points on her face, including her eyes and nose to make her look as much like the star as possible.

“I tried to convince her that she looked good and that it would be difficult to make her look like someone else through surgery. But she rejected my words and insisted on an operation,” recalled Son.

Around 30 percent of the clients at Saint Paul Hospital brought a photo with them and demanded a surgery to help them look like the figures.

“Recently, many people have been willing to go through aesthetic surgery looking for a transformation to heighten their sense of self-esteem and confidence. Some opted for 5-6 surgeries,” Son added.

The prices

Prices differ from surgeon to surgeon, and usually they opt not to announce the real prices of their surgeries for the senses of taxation and respect.

On average, a breast enlargement carried out by a well known surgeon costs US$3,000. On a weekend day, a surgeon can undertake four to five surgeries at their own beauty salons.

An eye surgery or a nose-job each cost VND5-10 million ($240-480), but a nose-job to make it in the shape of Korean’s is at least three times more than that, from VND25-30 million ($1,200 – 1,500). Liposuction is VND50-60 million ($2,400 – 2,900), and $3,000 for bottom surgery, and VND30-40 million ($1,500 – 1,900) for a facelift.

A dimple costs VND3-5 million ($ 140 - 240) and chin surgery is from $240-480

It is estimated that Ho Chi Minh City now has hundreds of beauty salons, with only few holding cosmetic surgery licenses while most of the remainder are authorized for skin care and consultation only.

Clients coming to unauthorized beauty salons usually have the opportunity to talk with beauty staff, but not surgeons. At an authentic beauty salon, clients always consult with a doctor, and are given as much information about the surgey as possible, weighing risks and complications before making a decision, a surgeon said.

Some beauty salons even have boastful advertisements, such as “We ensure we will create best form of nose. Wherever you are operated on in HCMC, you will finally come here to correct it for the best.”

In fact, no surgeon can assure 100 percent success in a surgery.

Now, many people in Vietnam are still willing to risk own lives to ‘upgrade’ their appearance by resorting to silicone while the substance is banned in many developed nations.

With the economic growth of the nation and the increase in income per capita in the last two decades, cosmetic surgery has made a strong return to the nation, especially after the year 2000. Before 1975, Vietnam had many surgeons who were well known in the region.

In the world, the US stands as the nation with highest demand for cosmetic surgery. A report in 2010 stated that there were over 3.3 million aesthetic surgeries in the US. South Korea holds second place with 360,000 cases.

Greece, Italy, Brazil, Colombia and Taiwan follow on the list.

DreamOfLust
10-06-2012, 10:02 PM
The moral of your story???? :confused:

sorry... didnt notice my post was so out of place...

envy he got such a hot chick to be his wife...

ilovedoggie
10-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Sorry I dun. I do "cut & paste" from internet one :p :D That's why I only hide in the internet, dare not go outside and let people hear I speak. If not, it will picah lobang liao ;)

hahaha! finally i know the "cut & paste" story...

jackbl tv is no1 in singapore ler... wah no go outside still no1?! then if u go outside liao then everyone tv die flat flat... so u better hide in the internet hjhjhjhj :D

vietboy
11-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Cos vulgar words are easy to learn n understand. :D

Wa sad till now ha? Sure or not? Not like u leh.

vietboy
11-06-2012, 08:59 AM

U xao cxx! I hear u speak TV with those vbs before, u r so fluent all of them u spoke to understand what u said. U can easily converse with them.

vietboy
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
sorry... didnt notice my post was so out of place...

Its not out of place. Its just that yur story got head no tail.

envy he got such a hot chick to be his wife...

No need to envy, just get his wife to intro u to 1. Sure she got loads of friends on the waiting list.

vietboy
11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

jackbl tv is no1 in singapore ler... wah no go outside still no1?! then if u go outside liao then everyone tv die flat flat... so u better hide in the internet hjhjhjhj :D

agreed agreed! :D

KangTuo
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Knn u really lazy. Can spend time travel so far from home to GL yet can't find time to "CUT & PASTE" from internet

cannot use hand phone when driving mah :D
when reach dsetination, eyes and hands busy mah...

zhu star
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
All the TV expert here:

I need help in the following translation:

A noi voi ban a ban la con gai sao e kg dc dau e kg co tim thay do cua ban a ok

Thank you all in advance:)

IndoEscort
11-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry. Wrong reply

vietnam80
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
All the TV expert here:

my vn half-fxxk but let me try something... ( u tell ur friend friend is gal and why me cannot? i dun wan to see ur friend ok. ) ??????????

zhu star
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
my vn half-fxxk but let me try something... ( u tell ur friend friend is gal and why me cannot? i dun wan to see ur friend ok. ) ??????????

Thk bro, no head no tail. Anyway receviced this as a sms from a viet syt in the middle of the night. I suspect she sent it to.me by mistake. Anyway, I vey interested to know the content of this sms.

vietnam80
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Thk bro, no head no tail. Anyway receviced this as a sms from a viet syt in the middle of the night. I suspect she sent it to.me by mistake. Anyway, I vey interested to know the content of this sms.

hahaha...maybe is my translation that is no head no tail. hope other bros here may help u with the correct msg.

Honey Boon
11-06-2012, 12:55 PM
i still half blur about this cut and paste story ... can tell me? :p

:D

Honey Boon
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
i give you a hug tonight? :D:p

:( I very sad, my gal went back, no mood :o

KangTuo
11-06-2012, 01:42 PM
All the TV expert here:

my version of no head no tail translation

A noi voi ban a = you tell your friend
ban la con gai = you are (he is) a girl
sao e kg dc dau = why i cannot pain
e kg co tim thay do cua ban a = i cannot find the "thing" belonging to your friend

:)

you tell your friend that he is a girl, cannot make me shiok. I cannot find his kuku... :p

Honey Boon
11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
yours is always dam tac version :p:D

A noi voi ban a = you tell your friend
ban la con gai = you are (he is) a girl
sao e kg dc dau = why i cannot pain
e kg co tim thay do cua ban a = i cannot find the "thing" belonging to your friend

you tell your friend that he is a girl, cannot make me shiok. I cannot find his kuku... :p

ilovedoggie
11-06-2012, 06:46 PM

HB no need to know la bcuz I know liao also blur blur. I only know I lost on that Germany-Portugal match. Jackbl got any soccer tip for us now? Make sure not cut and paste from bookie website hor hjhjhj :D :p

Golden question
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM

i guess is due to another thread:p

Golden question
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM

si fu,seem like u this time your heart is been move liao,take care bro:D

jackbl
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM

U still have a version??? For me, I see liao I headache....... :mad:

zhu star
12-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Siao liao, even our in house TV sifu and walking dictionary also cannot make head or tail out of this sentence. Now who should I ask? :p

Hurricane88
12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Siao liao, even our in house TV sifu and walking dictionary also cannot make head or tail out of this sentence. Now who should I ask? :p

haha...sometimes can have many variations...unless written in correct tieng viet...so best is ask the source what she meant...:)

Honey Boon
12-06-2012, 05:15 PM
you need some black chicken soup? :D

decent02
12-06-2012, 05:32 PM
i give you a hug tonight? :D:p

Toi moun om em ....:eek:

jelioboy
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM

maybe can try : tai sao em nho anh? - Why you miss me?

jelioboy
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM
anyone can help with what is the difference between 'tan tinh' and 'hay lam dang'...tan tinh is flirt or flirtatious but 'hay lam dang' to mean the same thing, but if you say, con gai k hieu...why...

情感王子
13-06-2012, 05:09 PM
co ai biet hoc tieng hoa o hcm la re nhat va tot khong?
co the cho toi so dien thoi khong?

cam on nhe... :)

tomcat007
13-06-2012, 05:34 PM
co the cho toi so dien thoi khong?

cam on nhe... :)

You asking for translation or asking for school info for mandarin?

Is there anyone who know learning mandarin in hcmc is fast and good?

Can give me the phone number?

Thank you.

Re - should be rat
Nhat - may be top class or fast. Since she wrote tot (which is good), I assume its fast.

Basically asking which school is hcmc teaches mandarin fast and good. And give her phone number of the school.

情感王子
13-06-2012, 05:52 PM
You asking for translation or asking for school info for mandarin?

Re - should be rat
Nhat - may be top class or fast. Since she wrote tot (which is good), I assume its fast.

Basically asking which school is hcmc teaches mandarin fast and good. And give her phone number of the school.

sorry, I am asking for school info for mandarin :)

re = cheap
nhat = number one
re nhat = cheapest

anyone know where in vn learn TV is cheapest and good?

vietboy
13-06-2012, 07:07 PM

re = cheap
nhat = number one
re nhat = cheapest

Tai sao a muon o hcm hoc tieng hoa ?
Giup ban gai a kiem fai kg? :D

tomcat007
14-06-2012, 12:22 AM

re = cheap
nhat = number one
re nhat = cheapest

Haha.. I was thinking its not possible you need translation for such simple tv mah.. I really 班门弄斧. Some more translate wrongly too... Paisey paisey...

情感王子
14-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Tai sao a muon o hcm hoc tieng hoa ?
Giup ban gai a kiem fai kg? :D

yes... do you have any contacts in vietnam to learn chinese?

jackbl
14-06-2012, 10:38 AM

If she's living in hcmc, u can ask her to search around for those Foreign Language school. There are many around the city. As for private one, then I dunno.

Honey Boon
14-06-2012, 10:58 AM
sorry I catch no ball ???? :confused::confused::confused:

Toi moun om em ....:eek:

Honey Boon
14-06-2012, 12:11 PM
you sure know la.... just surf a bit... then cut and paste here to help him ma :D:p

If she's living in hcmc, u can ask her to search around for those Foreign Language school. There are many around the city. As for private one, then I dunno.

vietboy
14-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Sorry i dont. Maybe u go to bro H88's HCM Thread 2 to ask the bros there, quite a few bros who r stationed there can answer yur question. Or u just teach her yurself lah. Save yur $$ some more. :)

情感王子
14-06-2012, 01:49 PM

She went around many schools already but mostly teaches english.

Sorry i dont. Maybe u go to bro H88's HCM Thread 2 to ask the bros there, quite a few bros who r stationed there can answer yur question. Or u just teach her yurself lah. Save yur $$ some more. :)

she will not be able to concentrate if i teach. She also finding things to do in order to kill time in vietnam.

jackbl
14-06-2012, 02:12 PM

There's a place in sgp where I see someone sell book teaching mandarin to VB. Maybe u can go there buy and bring to vn for her to self-study :) I myself also take a peek at that book, not bad too. At least 25% I dunno.... Maybe I will also buy that book for myself :D

情感王子
14-06-2012, 02:19 PM
There's a place in sgp where I see someone sell book teaching mandarin to VB. Maybe u can go there buy and bring to vn for her to self-study :) I myself also take a peek at that book, not bad too. At least 25% I dunno.... Maybe I will also buy that book for myself :D

I know where to buy the book. She already have a photo copy of the book. Attending classes and lesson is better than self study.

her main aim is to kill time rather than do nothing in vn :)

so any bro have contacts for learning mandarin in hcmc, please pm me?
cam on nhieu

vietboy
14-06-2012, 02:45 PM

she will not be able to concentrate if i teach. She also finding things to do in order to kill time in vietnam.

Sure have 1 i think i saw an advertisment on chinese class before i HCMC. But forgot where liao.

Unable to concentrate? She busy doing what when u teach? Busy blowing u?? :D:p

jackbl
14-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Overseas study consultancy firms mushroom, putting students in a maze
================================================== ===========

VietNamNet Bridge – It is estimated that some 300 study consultancy firms have been established amid the increasingly high demand for overseas study of Vietnamese students. However, many of them have been found as not meeting the requirements for operation.

More and more study consultancy firms have come out, while their service quality has not been put under the control of any state management agency. Therefore, parents do not know where they should go to get true information about overseas study.

Soothing students with sweet words about scholarships

When typing “cong ty tu van du hoc” (study consultancy firms), one may get 7,060,000 results after just 0.49 seconds. And, if searching for information about university scholarships, he would see 251,000 results just after 0.46 seconds.

Some consultancy firms attracted parents and students with sweet words about scholarships. “ILA Vietnam promised to show the way to “hunt” for a scholarship which surely can produce the desired effect,” a parent said.

“I found the information that Royal Road University in Canada offered the scholarship valued at 50 percent of tuition – the only opportunity of the year. I also found the information about the pre-university scholarship at Tailors College. However, most of the provided information was out of date, because the scholarships were reserved for 2011,” he continued.

Another parent also said New Ocean Group, a study consultancy firm, advertised that it’s easy to obtain the fellowship worth 3000 NZD at PIHMS, but this was the scholarship for 2011.

On the official websites of many consultancy firms, one could find a lot of ad pieces about fellowship. Atlantic, for example, advertised the program in New Zealand under which students can enjoy 6-month free English training course and the scholarship of 1000 NZD.

A consultancy firm promised the high percentage of people getting visa (90 percent), affirming that students can get the chances to work in Canada for three years after they finish school. Meanwhile, the students, who choose South Korea or Japan for their university study, would be able to take part time jobs to earn 800-1000 800-1000 dollars a month.

Especially, consultancy firms have also offered gifts to their clients. For example, those, who go to Australia would be given an electronic dictionary, while those, who go to America would be propped up visa fee.

Vinahure advertised a lot of study programs in Singapore with the fellowships of between 1000 and 5000 Singaporean dollars. On the website of SAIT, one could find the information about the fellowships for journalist training courses in the US granted by the centers in the country.

Sky high fees

In order to obtain a full scholarship at the Australian International School reserved for excellent high school students in the 2012-2013, besides necessary formalities, every client would have to pay the fee of 3,225,000 dong. This is the requirement set up by AIIS Company with 15 full and partial scholarships. Students have to commit to pay the non-refundable admission acceptance fee of 63 million dong. The scholarships would be reconsidered every year and they would be taken back if students cannot meet the requirements on the learning records.

“Since study consultancy firms do not bear any control from management agencies, it’s very difficult to verify the information,” Van Nhu Cuong, President of Luong The Vinh High School, a well known educator in Vietnam noted.

Most of consultancy firms try to speak very kindly of the training quality and job opportunities in foreign countries. An officer of the firm on Thai Ha street in Hanoi told a parent that he should choose either the training courses in Australia with the cost of 600 million dong a year, or Europe 500 million dong, affirming that though having to pay high expenses, parents would be able to earn money in the countries later by taking part time jobs.

Dat Viet

ilovedoggie
15-06-2012, 12:05 AM

re = cheap
nhat = number one
re nhat = cheapest

IMHO nhat is most.

volcano
15-06-2012, 02:30 AM

my mandarine not too bad and i can conduct lesson everyday....:)

vietboy
15-06-2012, 08:56 AM
my mandarine not too bad and i can conduct lesson everyday....:)

Ilso conducting lessons to my bxa everyday.

KangTuo
15-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Ilso conducting lessons to my bxa everyday.

no wonder you no time to go out to conduct lesson... :)

jackbl
15-06-2012, 11:19 AM
“No-star hotels” charge 5-star room rates
================================================== ==

VietNamNet Bridge – A lot of hotels and resorts in sea cities advertise themselves as five-star hotels to overcharge guests.

Resorts give stars to themselves

At a resort advertised as five-star resort on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street in Phan Thiet City, a guest said to a receptionist that he wanted to book 25 rooms at the resort for a group of travelers for three days and two nights.

“Would you like to visit the rooms beforehand? This is a 5-star resort managed by a well-known international group,” the receptionist replied the guest.

Showing the price list, she said: “These are just the quoted hotel room rates. We can offer you a commission of 25-30 percent.”

The quoted room rates may surprise any one, because the lowest rate here was 5-6 million dong a night, while medium class room had the rates of between 9-11 million dong a night. To stay in higher class rooms, guests would have to pay 17-20 million dong a night.

The resort has a big advantage that it is located on a good position with the view to the Ham Tien beach. However, the resort, which has been operational for the last two years, did not do any outstanding things in material facilities in comparison with the other hundreds of resorts in Phan Thiet City.

Hoang Van Toan from the HCM City Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, affirmed that the resort had not been seen in the list of ranked resorts in Binh Thuan province.

“Therefore, the resort just gives stars to itself, while it is not recognized by competent agencies,” Toan said.

In Binh Thuan province, according to Toan, only Sealinks Hotel has been recognized as five star hotel. “Any others advertised five-star hotels are just self-proclaimed,” Toan said.

According to the Binh Thuan provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, there is one 5-star hotel in the locality, 15 4-star hotels and resorts and 12 3-star resorts as well. However, travel firms have spontaneously “upgraded” all the hotels here into five-star accommodations.

On the website of ChuDu24 travel firm in HCM City, for example, one would see that there are 28 4-star resorts in Mui Ne. Anantara (which was named L’Anmien in Phan Thiet City) and D’Annam resort in Ham Thuan Nam district, were also introduced by the travel firm as five star hotels and compared with very famous hotels like PalmGarden in Hoi An ancient town in Quang Nam province.

Who to believe?

Toan said that there are only three 2-star hotels on the southern coastal region and there is no hotel or resort which can meet 3-star standards. However, the travel firms all tell travelers that they would stay in 3-4 star resorts. Especially a resort in Ke Ga has introduced itself as five star resort.

Le Ngoc Huu, a clerk in district 7 in HCM City, who has returned from Mui Ne beach, said he was so disappointed about the trip.

“I booked room online before we flew there. They told me that the rooms meet 4-star standards, 1.6 million dong a night. However, the room disappointed us,” he said.

“Besides the natural beauty, the resort cannot offer you any special thing. The services were mediocre. Though there were few guests, the servicing staff was slow and unfriendly. I would never stay at the resort if I return to Mui Ne,” he said.

According to Tran Van Binh, Deputy Chair of the Binh Thuan Tourist Association, a 3-star resort would charge 2 million dong per day, while it would charge 3 million dong if it introduces itself as four star resort. Meanwhile, self-proclaimed five star resorts charge 7-8 million dong per day.

Source: Lao dong

vietboy
15-06-2012, 11:32 AM
no wonder you no time to go out to conduct lesson... :)

Now u know my "痛楚". Huhuhu:D

jf66312
15-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Now u know my "痛楚". Huhuhu:D

em biet nhung em ko muon hieu....
becoz you hav the remedy to self-medicate... :D

jackbl
15-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Cosmetic surgery on the rise in Vietnam

Despite fatal risk, silicone black market thrives
===============================================

After giving birth to her second child, Phan Thi My X opted for plastic surgery to make up for the toll that child-rearing had taken on her breasts.

But infection followed six weeks later, and ultimately, doctors had to remove her left breast.

"It was painful, and my skin looked bruised," My X, who lives in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 8, said of the infection she went through last year.

Her cautionary tale reflects a growing industry across Vietnam, especially in this southern economic hub. For those who can’t resist the trap of silicone, the cosmetic operations can sometimes prove deadly. Several weeks ago, one young man in district 10 died from infection after having silicone injected into his buttocks.

Still the black trade persists, and with a little asking around, anyone can find a seller.

Penetrating the network

The underground market for silicone is a world of patronage, secret codes, and handshake deals – and it begins with a motorbike taxi driver.

A regular at the Kim Bien Market in District 5, a driver named Phi says he can make an introduction for as little as 20,000 dong. Without his help, he says, dealers will not sell to strangers they don’t trust.

To win over their confidence, potential clients must give silicone traders a password to prove they’ve been vetted. As an alternative, Phi offered to drive a reporter to the right site for 50,000 dong. Eventually, he struck a deal.

“Many markets have the goods but you can come to Kim Bien and tell any chemical dealer that ‘Mr. Phi introduced you to me,’” he said.

After hearing that phrase, a dealer named Thuy rattled off her merchandise. “You want silicone injections in the chest, bottoms or sex organ? I have it all, coming from the US, UK, or China, quality guaranteed.”

Thuy, who is in her 50s, opened a tube of viscous, odorous liquid. A 250cc tube costs VND1.2 million (US$58) on average.

The trade also abounds at markets An Binh in District 5, Co Giang in District 1 and Ba Chieu in Binh Thanh District.

Deadly trade

Stories of death and permanent defects following silicone treatments have dotted local media coverage in recent weeks.

The risk declines when clients go to beauty salons, where staff can legally offer guidance. But no procedure is risk-free.

In 30 percent of the operations, patients undergo infection or other physical complications that could lead to death, according to Dr. Nguyen Thi Phuong from Thu Duc Hospital.

Not that that deters dealers.

“If your number is up, you go,” Mr. T. said flatly of the victims. He is a silicone tycoon at An Binh Market. “I am just a trader. Supply follows demand.”

yummyymym
15-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Lam xao ko tai vi anh cu trong dau em ko em muon quên anh ma tinh cam em gianh cho anh ko the quên duoc ong xa a em nho ong xa nhieu lam chieu nay ong xa co ban gi k0 lai cho em di choi nhe em xap ve viet nam roi ma chua duoc đi dau het

bros anyone can translate

KangTuo
15-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Lam xao ko tai vi anh cu trong dau em ko em muon quên anh ma tinh cam em gianh cho anh ko the quên duoc ong xa a em nho ong xa nhieu lam chieu nay ong xa co ban gi k0 lai cho em di choi nhe em xap ve viet nam roi ma chua duoc đi dau het

bros anyone can translate

why not because you always in my head/brain no i want to forget you but win my affection cannot forget hubby ah i miss hubby very much evening hubby busy of not come bring me go out i about to go back vietnam already but have not go anywhere yet

vietboy
15-06-2012, 04:27 PM
why not because you always in my head/brain no i want to forget you but win my affection cannot forget hubby ah i miss hubby very much evening hubby busy of not come bring me go out i about to go back vietnam already but have not go anywhere yet

GRANDMASTER!! Like this also can translate! :eek::D:p

vietboy
15-06-2012, 04:30 PM
em biet nhung em ko muon hieu....
becoz you hav the remedy to self-medicate... :D

Remedy? Tonite's outing??:D

jf66312
15-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Remedy? Tonite's outing??:D

yes..if u are CUMing... :D

jf66312
15-06-2012, 04:56 PM
GRANDMASTER!! Like this also can translate! :eek::D

he is reaching the saint level soon... :p

vietboy
15-06-2012, 06:42 PM
yes..if u are CUMing... :D

I'll be going. But i prefer to go home then cum. :p:D

yummyymym
15-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Anh lam viet it thoi coi chung met ong xa cua em

any translation

yummyymym
15-06-2012, 11:58 PM
guys what is the best way to translate Viet if they send me Viet through SMS. cannot seem to get it translated correctly. how how how. lum Sao day

Botarbolampar
16-06-2012, 11:14 AM
guys what is the best way to translate Viet if they send me Viet through SMS. cannot seem to get it translated correctly. how how how. lum Sao day

It's going to be tough for you bro. Sms text normally they use short words. Those online translation program won't be able to understand too. All these takes time to learn from those VB bro. Step by step lah.

jackbl
16-06-2012, 12:19 PM
All these takes time to learn from those VB bro. Step by step lah.

I have learnt for 6 years and still know not much... still learning.... surf internet more and try picking up the basic so that u can hv something to start on. Good luck! :D

jackbl
16-06-2012, 12:23 PM

If u type in english and then translate it to vietnamese using those online translator, it may only be 50-75% correct. No choice, u hv to use human translator to do it lor .....

casannova03
16-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Start from basics bro....first you need to improve your vocab...Think bro jack said many times liao....only then you can know what is what

Then you need to recognise the correct way of spelling them...then when you get those funny plus short form words, you'll have to decipher from the sentence structure and the context of your conversation.

Give you one tip!- you go read from page 1 of this thread and write down all the previous translations... guarantee you will level up very fast...and its free!!:D;)

casannova03
16-06-2012, 01:14 PM
IMHO nhat is most.

"Nhat" can also mean Japan
"nguoi nhat" = Japanese

;)

vietboy
16-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I have learnt for 6 years and still know not much... still learning.... surf internet more and try picking up the basic so that u can hv something to start on. Good luck! :D

Use yur cut n paste 神功 can or not? :p:D

vietboy
16-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Anh lam viet it thoi coi chung met ong xa cua em

any translation

I dun know the direct translation but only know the general meaning.

"u work little dun tired yurself my husband"

shysaint
16-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I have learnt for 6 years and still know not much...

Xao Nhieu Nhieu :p

ilovedoggie
16-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Start from basics bro....first you need to improve your vocab...Think bro jack said many times liao....only then you can know what is what

another alternative route is pay tuition fee and get into the battle field and start having conversation with them. i just realise i hv paid a considerable amount of school fees in 1 year.

"nguoi nhat" = Japanese

;)

the master has spoken :D shifu when u wan to teach us TV again?

casannova03
17-06-2012, 05:03 AM
the master has spoken :D shifu when u wan to teach us TV again?

No shifu la..still "L" plate lei....;)

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Give you one tip!- you go read from page 1 of this thread and write down all the previous translations... guarantee you will level up very fast...and its free!!

Have u read from Page 1 till last??? If yes, then your level will be very high :D

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:32 PM
nhat = number one
re nhat = cheapest

IMHO nhat is most.

Please let me kaypo a bit........

nhất = number one; first(most)

In diff situation, the word nhất has diff meaning....

re nhất = cheapest ; dep nhất = most beautiful

Quan nhất = District 1 ; Airport Tan Son Nhất = 陈山一 Airport in Hcmc...

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:35 PM
"nguoi nhat" = Japanese

If u write in correct format, Japan is Nhật which is diff from that is discussed by Doggie :D

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:40 PM
i just realise i hv paid a considerable amount of school fees in 1 year.

Always jio u out, always get rejected.... dun tell me u go to those "high-class" scenes???!!! But u always get FOCs, how can u be paying a considerable amount?????? Unless u go there to pay a premium fee for learning "high-class" tieng viet???

tomcat007
17-06-2012, 02:41 PM
If u write in correct format, Japan is Nhật which is diff from that is discussed by Doggie :D

Think what he's trying to say is that without the different symbols, a simple viet word can mean many thing.

Nha can be house or can be like our leh/lor/lah that's added to the end of sentence...

tomcat007
17-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Have u read from Page 1 till last??? If yes, then your level will be very high :D

4 years back, I ever read from page 1 and I'm still half fuck at the language. So, always depend on the dictionary in my iphone.

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:43 PM
No shifu la..still "L" plate lei....

If u start chionging Viet scene since 2003 u are still consider L plate, then I will be consider as still taking Basic Theory, can't go on the road yet :D

jackbl
17-06-2012, 02:49 PM
4 years back, I ever read from page 1 and I'm still half fuck at the language. So, always depend on the dictionary in my iphone.

6 years back, I start with no/little assistance. This thread does not exist yet. I'm still half-fuck now.... So if u are hardworking, willing to pay some school fee, got the enthusiasm, these 2 years u can catch up and will be Better than me, and the rest of the ppl here..... My thoughts... 天下只有懒人,没有笨人。

casannova03
17-06-2012, 03:59 PM

Yes you are right...;)

problem is 99.99% of words we see in msgs are in the "naked form" meaning no "bean sprouts" on the top or the bottom...

So the way to approach any vietnamese sentence is - as mentioned before many times - to know the context of the conversation and then decipher it accordingly to get the best match...

I still cannot handle the "bean sprouts"...seems like Jack is way ahead of me liao..haha...my way of learning is to know the various different meaning that 1word have, then try to fit it the most suitable one.. ;)

casannova03
17-06-2012, 04:07 PM
If u start chionging Viet scene since 2003 u are still consider L plate, then I will be consider as still taking Basic Theory, can't go on the road yet :D

alamak you cannot 'la rojak" and put all together la!!!:p

Chiong is chiong (either pay $$ or KC) straight forward;

Mastering a Language is a different ball game altogether... If one word can have 6 meanings, you go count the permutations that vietnamese language have altogether...then you have to add in country side slangs la, northern way of talking la, southern way of talking la, city short forms la...etc etc...you get the picture? NHUT dau wa!

I think maybe the permutations for winning TOTO(1 in abt 8 million) might just be slightly better than mastering Vietnamese altogether....and i mean fluently speaking vietnamese and understanding every word that a native can throw at you....:eek:

KangTuo
17-06-2012, 04:27 PM
NHUT dau wa!

nhuc dau? :D

casannova03
17-06-2012, 04:38 PM
nhuc dau? :D

la hoi nhuc o dau phai ko?:confused:

Co cung la dau lon, ko phai la dau nho...dung co suy nghi gi sai nhe! LOL:D

vietboy
17-06-2012, 05:30 PM

That nite u no hear him speak TV with the VBs meh? his level is almost same same u!

casannova03
17-06-2012, 06:42 PM
That nite u no hear him speak TV with the VBs meh? his level is almost same same u!

See I good actor or not?? Many times dun really understand what exactly they saying but aga aga reply them then smile smile:D

You also kena snook right?? LOL!!! you think i perfectly understand everything they say ah?:p:p

Hehe but they sure know one la...

vietboy
18-06-2012, 12:28 AM
See I good actor or not?? Many times dun really understand what exactly they saying but aga aga reply them then smile smile:D

You also kena snook right?? LOL!!! you think i perfectly understand everything they say ah?:p

Hehe but they sure know one la...

Oh? I use the same method also. :D:p

Alexstar
18-06-2012, 10:12 AM
any bros can help translate these words?

ahn het nho em roi ma. khong thay anh nhan tin cho em

thanks.

jackbl
18-06-2012, 10:50 AM
nhuc dau?

la hoi nhuc o dau phai ko?

U write "nhut dau", I think he wanted to ask whether it is "nhuc dau".... same as me, i check dickionary i dun understand what is "nhut dau" :D

KangTuo
18-06-2012, 11:17 AM
U write "nhut dau", I think he wanted to ask whether it is "nhuc dau".... same as me, i check dickionary i dun understand what is "nhut dau" :D

not i wanted to say but I wanted to correct the spelling error :)

jf66312
18-06-2012, 11:25 AM
la hoi nhuc o dau phai ko?:confused:

Co cung la dau lon, ko phai la dau nho...dung co suy nghi gi sai nhe! LOL:D

i see this i nhuc dau liaoz... :p

jackbl
18-06-2012, 11:32 AM
not i wanted to say but I wanted to correct the spelling error :)

Sorry Grandmaster..... cos u put a question mark so I dunno.... a question mark means questioning ppl or hv doubt.... maybe that's the way Vietnamese write, I dun hv much experience..... :cool: :rolleyes:

jackbl
18-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Co cung la dau lon, ko phai la dau nho...dung co suy nghi gi sai nhe! LOL

i see this i nhuc dau liaoz... :p

Grandmaster Casannova, u made us "nhuc dau" liao..........:confused: :rolleyes:

casannova03
18-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Grandmaster Casannova, u made us "nhuc dau" liao..........:confused: :rolleyes:

you mean the parts in red?

co cung la dau lon, ko phai la dau nho

have also is big head, not small head;)

casannova03
18-06-2012, 12:59 PM

ahn het nho em roi ma. khong thay anh nhan tin cho em

thanks.

"ahn (anh) het nho em roi ma. khong thay anh nhan tin cho em"

Direct(WFW)= you finished miss me already ma. No see you message give me
Nicer sentence= You don't miss me already right? I don't see you sending SMS to me.

;)

情感王子
18-06-2012, 01:07 PM
IMHO nhat is most.

you are correct. so when put the word "re nhat" together, it means "cheapest" :)

jackbl
18-06-2012, 01:30 PM
nhất = number one; first(most)

In diff situation, the word nhất has diff meaning....

re nhất = cheapest ; dep nhất = most beautiful

Quan nhất = District 1 ; Airport Tan Son Nhất = 陈山一 Airport in Hcmc...

you are correct. so when put the word "re nhat" together, it means "cheapest"

1 day Wan Bao .......:D :p

casannova03
18-06-2012, 03:29 PM
** TV Decoding Exercise Time**

WARNING: Riddled with short-forms and "lazy fingers symptoms" (using the most convenient letter to replace the original alphabet), and last but not least, mis-spelling due to trying to shorten msg to be just nice in 1 SMS.:eek:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

1.) Troj k mua sao mat toi laj uot. Pho dog nguoj sao toj thay co don. yeu 1 nguoj de tron doj khoc maj. khoc cho nguoj va khoc ca cho ta.

2.) Tag a 1 baj tho, a ju jin suc khoe ha, dug j ma co gag wa. tu dug e cam thay pun lam, k lan nao ma e co cam jac nhu vay. nho a. bjbj

Took me quite a while to decipher these chunks of special concoction!!

Let's see who can get it right!;)

Prize?? I'll ask you along for my next HH session at KTV!;):p

vietboy
18-06-2012, 03:48 PM

WARNING: Riddled with short-forms and "lazy fingers symptoms" (using the most convenient letter to replace the original alphabet), and last but not least, mis-spelling due to trying to shorten msg to be just nice in 1 SMS.:eek:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

1.) Troj k mua sao mat toi laj uot. Pho dog nguoj sao toj thay co don. yeu 1 nguoj de tron doj khoc maj. khoc cho nguoj va khoc ca cho ta.

2.) Tag a 1 baj tho, a ju jin suc khoe ha, dug j ma co gag wa. tu dug e cam thay pun lam, k lan nao ma e co cam jac nhu vay. nho a. bjbj

Let's see who can get it right!

Prize?? I'll ask you along for my next HH session at KTV!

I see liao my eyes flower.
I can only decode one tiny part:
Bjbj.
Blowjob blowjob?? :p:D

Only ask along ha? Not treat to HH ha? :D

casannova03
18-06-2012, 04:05 PM
I see liao my eyes flower.
I can only decode one tiny part:
Bjbj.
Blowjob blowjob??

Only ask along ha? Not treat to HH ha? :D

hahahaha!!!

its not blowjob blowjob btw!!!:D:D

You can get license you come I treat you go lor....since we got a bit more "relationship";)

jf66312
18-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Let's see who can get it right!;)

[B]Prize?? I'll ask you along for my next HH session at KTV![/B

wuahh...i see already headache...
need some time to read and try my luck though...

i can try the bjbj first? it means hjhj not bjbj? :p

casannova03
18-06-2012, 05:17 PM
wuahh...i see already headache...
need some time to read and try my luck though...

negative! not hihi...:p

vietboy
18-06-2012, 07:28 PM
hahahaha!!!

its not blowjob blowjob btw!!!

You can get license you come I treat you go lor....since we got a bit more "relationship"

Shhh... Dun tell the others of our "relationship". :D:p

KangTuo
18-06-2012, 10:14 PM

its bibi, bye bye :D

KangTuo
18-06-2012, 10:30 PM

1) Troi khong mua sao mat toi lai uot. Pho dong nguoi sao toi thay co don. Yeu 1nguoi de tron doi khoc mai. khoc cho nguoi va khoc ca cho ta

agar agar...
Sky no rain but why my eyes are wet (cry). There are many people around but why i feel lonely. Love 1 person fully in this life cry forever. cry for a person and cry for all

2) Tang anh 1 bai tho, anh giu gin suc khoe ha, duong gi ma co gang qua. tu duong e cam thay buon lam, khong lan nao ma em co cam giac nhu vay. nho anh. bye bye

you guys can translate 2nd 1 now?? :):)

jackbl
20-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Sperm, ovum market alive and well in HCMC
================================================== ===
The ‘market’ is located in Alley A1 on Cong Quynh Street of District 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, where four or five women have rooms for rent and work as mediators. They introduce customers to those who sell ovum, sperm and provide rent-to-womb service.

On May 21 Tuoi Tre reporters pretended to be a childless couple coming to buy ovum in the alley, where a middle-aged woman struck up a conversation with them and told them to rent a room from mediator Ngoc. After taking them to their room Ngoc said she would help find ovum.

The following morning, she told them to come to meet an ovum seller. However, they waited for an hour but the seller did not show up. Ngoc made a phone call and was told that that person was busy and then made another call.

Ten minutes later a woman showed up. Her name was Nhi and she already has two children. “I have to sell ova because of my disadvantaged condition,” she said and demanded VND14-15 million (US$673 – 721) for her work.

Upon realizing that the customers were hesitating, Ngoc said she would introduce another woman, who is a maid. However, they didn’t want the egg cell of a maid.

Ngoc then introduced a 19-year-old girl named Vu Thien An, who sells vermicelli and shellfish soup on Cong Quynh Street. Ngoc priced that girl’s ovum at a higher rate of VND15-16 million, since she is young.

Rent-a-womb service available

“You should find a surrogate. It is rather difficult but I will help to find someone from the countryside,” Ngoc told the ‘couple’. She said that the price will be decided by the service buyer and provider.

“You must keep this rent-a-womb service secret as it is prohibited by law,” she said. “The surrogate mother must pretend to be your husband’s wife to go through procedures at the hospital. After she is pregnant, you should take her home or hire a room for her to stay and take care of her until she gives birth,” she advised, and provided her cell phone number so that the purchasers could call her.

Sperm trade tricks

Upon meeting customers who want to buy sperm in the alley, a fat woman named Thao said, “I am knowledgeable about the sperm trade, I will help you.”

She introduced a young man who has a wife and two children and needs money. The price was VND10 million. Thao revealed that if the purchasers wanted sperm from a person they know, they should take him to a Doctor C to do that.

Thao advertised another trick, which is to use fake Identity card to make the sperm seller the husband of the wife. It would help them take sperm from the seller easily at the hospital or any surgery center.

Customers would provide Thao the husband’s name, age and address and pay VND2 million (US$96) to have a fake ID card made.

Another mediator named Nga, located in the same alley, introduced Chau, a 33 year old sperm seller from District 8. When the customers asked how to get sperm from that man, Thao guided them to the surgery center of Doctor C.

“When the doctor gives your husband a small bottle for his sperm and sends him to a restroom, you should propose to do that in a nearby hotel and bring the bottle to my house so that Chau can give me his sperm,” she said.

Students sell sperm

There is also an association of students specializing in selling sperm. They publicly pasted an advertisement piece on the wall of the infertility department in Tu Du Obstetric Hospital.

Tuoi Tre dialed the cell phone number on the advertisement piece and met the association administrator Thuong, who studying a master’s degree at a university in the city.

According to him, the association has over 30 members who are students of universities and colleges in the city. Customers will pay VND10 million ($480) a trade and could take sperm from a student in any way they want until they have pregnancy.

“These students are in a disadvantaged situation, they don’t drink or smoke. We have traded many times. It is completely secret and safe,” Thuong advertised.

jackbl
20-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Unauthorized surgery centers perform insemination
Some private surgery centers in Ho Chi Minh City have carried out intrauterine insemination (IUI), in which sperm is put into the womb of a woman, even though they are not licensed to do so.

Thao, a mediator in alley A1 of Cong Quynh Street in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 1, said that couples can treat infertility at Tu Du Obstetric Hospital, or at private surgery centers.

Treatment in the surgery centers is more expensive, but faster. Sometimes it takes several months to get such a procedure at a hospital, where doctors usually make numerous appointments before conducting an IUI.

Thao introduced customers to the surgery center of Doctor Le Tan Canh, who works at the Tu Du Hospital. “If you are in good health and have enough money, doctors will operate on you immediately,” she said.

“If you want sperm from a person you are acquainted with instead of from the sperm bank in the hospital, take that person to the surgery center and give the doctor a certain amount of money,” she advised.

Another mediator named Nga said that Doctor Canh will perform an IUI, while adding that some couples in the alley have been treated at his center and are already pregnant.

The surgery center of Doctor Canh is located in the second floor of a house on Cong Quynh Street. It comprises of two rooms, with the larger one set up for Canh to work in, while the other is for those who have undergone an IUI to lie down. The center was found full of pregnant women and infertile couples on May 27.

Thuy from District 8, who is in the third month of pregnancy thanks to IUI treatment, said “Doctor Canh is very skillful. It is faster to get the procedure here than in the hospital, where a lot of paperwork is usually required.”

Canh told Tuoi Tre reporters, who were pretending to be a childless couple, that his center could put sperm into a uterus, adding that they should bring health test results next time for him to consider, and he would do the IUI in an ovulation period.

Several women have successfully treated infertility at Canh’s center. After getting a health test, the wife will be injected to stimulate ovulation. When it is time to take sperm, the husband or the sperm seller will give sperm at the center’s restroom or a nearby hotel.

Oanh, a nurse at the center, says couples are not required to present marriage certificates there.

At another surgery center located on Le Van Si Street in District 3, with its director Nguyen Hoang Tuan, deputy head of the Tu Du Hospital’s fertility department A, the price to place sperm into a uterus swings from VND5-7 million (US$238 - 334).

A woman from Go Vap District, who had gone through an IUI half an hour earlier, said “My husband and I went to a nearby hotel to get sperm and the center didn’t check my husband’s health or ask us to present a marriage certificate.”

On May 31, doctors Nguyen Hoang Tuan and Le Tan Canh told Tuoi Tre that they are not licensed to perform an IUI, but they have done so nonetheless.

Tuan explained, “Some women ovulate in the evening when the hospital is closed. Patients cannot wait so I take their sperm from the hospital to my surgery center.”

Canh added that “It is very difficult to wait for an ovulation period. As a result, in some cases I have to break the hospital’s regulations to place sperm into the patients’ wombs to increase the pregnancy ratio and release mental pressure on them.”

jackbl
21-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Highway of drug addicts in Ho Chi Minh City
================================================== ===
The 10-km section of National Highway 1A in Ho Chi Minh City has long been a destination of addicts, many of them truck drivers commuting on the road, when they fall in their regular fits of drug use.

It is likened as the ‘heaven of drugs’, stretching from the An Suong intersection to Ga intersection in District 12, because local police have failed to remove the market in recent years, and also to conduct a survey about the link between reckless driving by drivers in their bouts of addiction and the road toll on the section.

In reality, thousands of addicts from distant localities stop somewhere along the road section to get drugs from vendors every day.

Penetrating ‘the market’

On a day late last month, an addict named Xoan from the neighboring province of Binh Duong stopped by the An Suong intersection. When he saw a man riding an out-of-date Honda motorbike close behind, Xoan made a ‘signal’ by nodding.

The man curtly asked, “Half or a full box?” ‘Box’ here refers to the weight of drugs that can be consumed two to six times depending on its pure quality. After that, Xoan was taken by the man deep into a narrow alley running from the highway to a deserted piece of land.

He switched off the bike and rolled up Xoan’s sleeve to ensure that the client was not a ‘cheo’ – a slang word drugs sellers use to refer to cops. After seeing numerous traces of injection left on the veins of Xoan’s hands, he pulled out a Jet cigarette packet full of drugs.

The seller is Hung, an addict and seller in the area. Every night, he rides his bike to District 8 to get ‘the goods’ and distributes them in stores at An Suong. Many years ago, Hung publicly sold drugs to buyers on the pavement of the highway before local police conducted a raid, after which he withdrew into the alleys.

To escape police tracking, drug dealers ‘invented’ a kind of ‘throwing sale’. After receiving signals from clients such as a nod or a scratch on the hand or head, Hung comes and tells his client a place to meet and takes money.

He then rushes to the site, throws down the pack of drugs, and leaves.

This method is meant to help dealers avoid being caught red handed by police.

At the An Suong ‘market’, a box is priced at VND3.5 million (US$168), and half a box VND1.9 million ($91). If someone doesn’t have much money, an addict can buy a dose from VND80,000 – 120,000 ($3.8 – 5.7), which is enough for injecting once.

Another drug seller, Quang, said many dealers cling to the area but they only give ‘the goods’ to the right men -- or those who make the right signal. Strangers will never be able to get drugs there.

A drug tycoon

All addicts and retailers in the An Suong area know Minh ‘ke’ -- a tycoon. He is 30 years old and permanently resides in Dong Lan Hamlet in Ba Diem Commune of the city’s Hoc Mon District. He is a bearded man and has two big tatoos on his hand and back, and usually drives a Honda Dream motorbike.

He is a favorite contact of addicts as his products are of good quality. An addict said a small box from Minh ‘ke’ worth 200,000 dongs ($9.6) is enough for six doses, while a similar amount sold by others is good for only two.

“With me, don’t worry about my products running out. I can give you as many you ask, with just the right amount of money,” said Minh ‘ke’.

A policeman in Ba Diem Commune, one of four localities bordering the An Suong intersection, revealed that drug sellers in the area even hide heroine in beverage-drinking straws and scatter them around at their appointed sites.

Needles for drug injections are numerous in local alleys, he admitted, adding that local police have made many raids, but ‘the market’ does exist.

jf66312
21-06-2012, 09:27 AM
1) Troi khong mua sao mat toi lai uot. Pho dong nguoi sao toi thay co don. Yeu 1nguoi de tron doi khoc mai. khoc cho nguoi va khoc ca cho ta

agar agar...
Sky no rain but why my eyes are wet (cry). There are many people around but why i feel lonely. Love 1 person fully in this life cry forever. cry for a person and cry for all

2) Tang anh 1 bai tho, anh giu gin suc khoe ha, duong gi ma co gang qua. tu duong e cam thay buon lam, khong lan nao ma em co cam giac nhu vay. nho anh. bye bye

the writer is very poetic.. :)

casannova03
21-06-2012, 01:16 PM
its bibi, bye bye :D

Correct!!:D

casannova03
21-06-2012, 01:17 PM

agar agar...

Part One correct!!
You're good la !:D:D

Part one is I think some parts of a poetry or a poetry itself...

KangTuo
21-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Correct!!:D

Part One correct!!
You're good la !

there are higher hand too busy with vb.... :D

jackbl
21-06-2012, 04:41 PM
the writer is very poetic.. :)

How poetic? Can explain part2? Esp the word duong. Catch no ball :(

KangTuo
21-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Catch no ball :(

go ktv to catch ball lah... :)

jackbl
22-06-2012, 04:54 AM
The underworld at HCM City’s biggest morgue

VietNamNet Bridge – Families whose dead members are brought to morgues have to pay for morgue staff and ‘agents’ if they want to take their relatives home for burial service.

Among hospitals in HCM City, the morgue of the Cho Ray Hospital has the highest number of corpses. Correspondents made investigation and found out an ‘underworld’ at this special place.

Earning living on cadavers

To receive dead bodies of their relatives from the Cho Ray Hospital’s morgue, people have to perform some procedures: showing the ID card or family record book of the dead and papers proving their relations with the dead and police’s report of the accident in case the dead person dies of an accident. However, since the ‘underworld’ set up at the morgue, they have to do many more ‘formalities’.

In the morning of April 20, Mr. NVN, from southern province of Ben Tre, was seriously injured in a traffic accident. The man died after two days of treatment at Cho Ray Hospital.

On the afternoon of April 22, the man’s relatives went to the hospital’s morgue to take his body. Though they showed all requested documents, the morgue manager refused to hand over the body, citing many reasons. They had to give this man VND1 million ($50) to receive the body the next morning.

Some morgue guards always ask families of dead people to buy their coffins at towering prices before receiving the corpses. The family of Mr. NVN had to pay VND40 million ($2,000) for a coffin.

On May 2, an old woman cried at the gate of the morgue because she could not take the body of her son. Two young men approached and expressed his willing to help. The woman’s relatives gave the men VND500,000 ($25) and said: “Please help us to take our brother home tonight.” After that the two men ‘guided’ this family to do necessary procedures to receive the corpse.

According to some witnesses, this woman cried a whole day at the morgue because she could not take the body of her son. Correspondents asked the morgue’s guards and they answered: “The hospital has not given permission so we cannot hand over the corpse.”

“To take corpses, they need me”

Some people who do not work at this morgue but they can come in and out this place easily. A man named Mung is said to be the ‘godfather,’ who controls the morgue.

Correspondents tried to approach Mung in the role of people who wanted to take the corpses of their relative from the morgue.

After saying hello, Mung asked: “Do you need my help? Most of people whose relatives are kept here need my help to take their corpses.” While taking with the correspondents, one appeared and asked his help. Mung left to see the morgue guards. Two young men appeared after that and told the correspondents: “You should pay him to quickly get the body of your relative to bury.”

These men are Mung’s juniors. One of the two men said that they offered all kinds of services. Customers have to pay only several million dong for paper-works, VND50-100 million ($2,500-5,000) for forensic tests, coffin and burial service.

Mung has special relations with all morgue staff, so he could advertise his services in front of them and stayed in the morgue. When people come to take corpses, the morgue guards ‘recommended’ Mung’s services. From April 27 to May 1, Mung ‘helped’ around ten cases and earned at least VND1 million from each family.

Only cash can help

Playing people who go to the morgue to receive a dead body, correspondents saw the morgue guards to find information. A guard named Minh said that there was an unknown dead man in the morgue, who died of traffic accident on May 1.

After correspondents insisted to see the dead man, Minh asked another guard to take correspondents into the morgue to identify the dead and guided them to perform necessary formalities. When correspondents asked him about the transport service to take the dead body home, Minh said that there was no car at that time and called Mung. Mung offered VND50 million ($2,500) for a coffin and transport service.

Correspondents also witnessed a case in which a person was dead in a traffic accident, which required forensic tests. The dead person’s family had to pay VND35 million ($1,700) for Mung and the morgue guards to be able to fulfill all necessary formalities, including forensic tests.

Doctor Pham Thi Ngoc Thao, deputy director of Cho Ray Hospital, said that the hospital did not know about this situation. “We will strengthen inspection and supervision at the morgue,” she promised.
NLD

jackbl
22-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Low cost tours turn out to be expensive tours

VietNamNet Bridge – A lot of domestic tours under the tourism promotion program have been described as the “trap” for travelers. Clients think they can save money with the low cost tours, but in fact, they are overcharged.

A lot of domestic tours have been launched into the market in a national tourism promotion program, under which the attractive tour fee discounts of 50-60 percent have been offered. However, in many cases, travelers later realize that they have to pay too much money for bad services.

Unreasonable departure time eats into travel schedule

In principle, travel firms always try to design the travel schedules in the most reasonable way, so as to ensure that travelers can take full advantage of their time on traveling, while keeping them in the best health conditions.

However, the principle has been ignored by many travel firms which deliberately “forget” to inform the schedules of the trips, including the departure and the return time. A traveler said that when she called a big travel firm in HCM City to ask about the departure time, the officers of the firms refused to give answers, telling her to book tours first and she would be informed about the schedule on the day before the departure day.

Hanoi Redtours is one of the rare travel firms which have made public the travel schedules of its 10 tours under the tourism promotion program on its official website.

Those, who book the 4-day-and-3-night Tam Ky – Hoi An – Da Nang tour, would fly with Vietnam Airlines, and they would have to get into buses to go to the airport at 9 am of the last day of the trip. Meanwhile, the travelers booking the 4-day-and-3-night Quy Nhon tour would arrive in Noi Bai airport in Hanoi at 11 am of Wednesday, which means that they would waste half a day on transport.

The reason behind the unreasonable schedule is the dependence on the air carriers which offer low airfares. As for the Quy Nhon – Hanoi air route, Vietnam Airlines remains the only one airline that develops the route with one only flight a day.

In HCM City, Festival, a travel firm, announced the 20-25 percent tour fee discounts for the promotional tours. However, the travelers, who book three tours to the central region which would depart in August and September, would land in the Da Nang airport in the central region at 11.10 pm. As such, travelers would waste money to pay for hotel room for the first night, just because they want to start out early the next morning.

Meanwhile, those, who book the Da Lat tour (four days and 3 nights) with the departure time in August 22, in fact, would have three days and 3 nights to tour because of the unreasonable departure schedules.

Departing at the dawn, returning at mid-night

On its official website, Festival announced the tour fee discount of 40-60 percent for summer domestic tours. On June 22, the travel firm would kick off the tour from HCM City to Phu Quoc Island which offers the discount of 1-1.2 million dong.

However, in order to enjoy the discounts, travelers would have to see the travel duration shortened. On the last day of the tour, travelers would have enough time for sea bathing once and going to the market. After that, they have to get into airplanes to return home.

The clients of Hanoi Redtours have announced that its buses would pick up travelers at 3.40 am to the Noi Bai airport, from which travelers would fly to Can Tho. Saigontourist Hanoi, which offers the 34 percent tour fee discounts, and Vietran Tours, which offers the tours to Mekong Delta, using the air tickets with the 40 percent discounts, have also forced travelers to take off at 5.50 am.

Phuong Loan – Nguyen Long

momonk
23-06-2012, 12:00 AM

1. Tren Trui cao Tui la vi Sao le ! Duoi tran Gian Tui la ke co don ke co don ko can den ah nua ! Tra ah ve cho gai me ah nui

2. Pa con co pac nho co mat som nha . de diem danh nua !

jackbl
23-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Online football betting booms during Euro
Online football betting has recently exploded with the participation of millions of gamblers, which has led to billions of US dollars being transferred from Vietnam abroad, according to the Ministry of Public Security.

In Vietnam, both betting on and organizing such gambling is banned, but these activities still take place, with several bankers acting as branches of foreign betting organizations.

A slew of websites allow gamblers to bet unlimited amounts of money, which could rocket to hundreds of million dong per match. Before the Euro tournament, these website operators provided big promotions to those opening new accounts.

Most of the websites originate abroad and are operated by foreigners. Domestic bankers are acting as their agencies and bookies to transfer money out of Vietnam.

Several websites had been blocked, but the foreign bankers immediately sent email to instruct their Vietnamese branches on how to access the betting network.

The Ministry of Public Security says it is very difficult to investigate foreign bankers. Even gamblers don’t know who they place bets with, since all of the transactions are made online.

The ministry has listed a number of football betting rings in Vietnam in order to keep a close eye on them and investigate their activities. Any rings or individuals caught red-handed would be strictly handled.

Student gamblers

Many football betting dens operate in the Thu Duc university village in Ho Chi Minh City, and have deluded several students, who even sell or pawn their motorcycles, cell phones or laptops for betting money.

One of the largest dens belongs to a 35 year-old-man named Ut from the central highland province of Dak Lak. He has opened a disguised coffee shop which runs football betting in Dong Hoa Commune of Di An District in the neighboring province of Binh Duong.

The 100 square meter coffee shop is located in a blind alley near the University of Agriculture and Forestry and is always full of gamblers, most of whom are students.

Ut’s shop also acts as the intermediary for a large banker. After recording bets, Ut sends them to the banker via a networked laptop in his shop.

On June 11, Tuoi Tre reporters witnessed numerous students and other gamblers gathering there before the France-England match. Within just 10 minutes, over 20 people had lined up to place bets.

Nam, a third year student, tried to place a VND200,000 (US$9.6) bet. “I ran out of money after losing VND5 million yesterday,” he said. However, Ut refused, saying “I do not accept any bet below VND350,000.”

Several students have had to pawn their belongings so that they can afford to pay Ut for their bets. “It is common to see students place VND15-20 million bets,” said Ut, who also provides a telephone betting ‘service’.

Many other coffee, internet and photocopy shops also organize football gambling, attracting a lot of students.

Betting ‘office’

Tuoi Tre reporters followed a group of gamblers to a large betting den on Truong Van Thanh Street of Hiep Phu Ward in District 9 on June 12. This den is familiar to several professional gamblers.

The den operates like a company with an 80 square meter ‘office’ for betting. In front of the ‘office’ is a coffee shop with three large screens to serve the gamblers.

The den’s owner is Queo, a 28 year old from District 9. He has rented the place to sell coffee and run football gambling for two years.

A few months earlier, while several dens in the surrounding area were consecutively raided by the police, Queo’s den remained untouched, doubling its prestige to gamblers.

yummyymym
23-06-2012, 05:02 PM
1) o xa nhan duoc bao nhieu tin cua em

2) ba xa muon nho o xa giup ba xa mot viet duoc ko

Anyone for this interpretation thx

vietboy
23-06-2012, 06:58 PM

2) ba xa muon nho o xa giup ba xa mot viet duoc ko

Anyone for this interpretation thx

1) hubby can count how many of my message?

2) wife want hubby help wife one thing can or not?

yummyymym
24-06-2012, 01:01 AM
Thank you for the interpretation

jackbl
24-06-2012, 02:24 PM

1) hubby can count how many of my message?

IMHO, nhận = to get, to receive

yummyymym
24-06-2012, 04:06 PM
o xa hom nay co di lam ko cai chuyen ma em keu o xa lam gium em a hua se lam gium em nhe nieu a chieu thi nhan tin lai cho e hay e se mau qua gap a thoi ok

Translation pls

jackbl
24-06-2012, 04:54 PM
o xa hom nay co di lam ko cai chuyen ma em keu o xa lam gium em a hua se lam gium em nhe nieu a chieu thi nhan tin lai cho e hay e se mau qua gap a thoi ok

You may want to self help first.... I help u to break the sentence into words that u can find in dictionary :

[ong xa] [hom nay] co di lam khong? cai chuyen ma em keu [ong xa] lam giup em, anh hua se lam giup em nhe. Neu anh chieu thi nhan tin lai cho em hay, em se mau qua gap anh thoi ok

casannova03
24-06-2012, 04:58 PM

Translation pls

You not tired meh?:cool: every msg also in viet and you dun understand then have to come forum ask...headache lei....:p

Meaning:

husband today have go work or not? The thing/matter I ask husband to do/help me, you promise will do/help me ha! If you ok then msg me, i will faster meet you only ok..

;)

jackbl
24-06-2012, 09:38 PM
You not tired meh?

U not tired meh? So simple words People dun wan to use dictionary to self-help, u worry for what? :D

jackbl
24-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Prostitution should be legalized, police officer
================================================== =====

VietNamNet Bridge – Colonel Ho Sy Tien, acting head of the Investigative Police Agency on Social Order, Ministry of Public Security, said that it will be easier to control prostitution if it is recognized as a job, ruled by special regulations.

Several high-end prostitution rings that have recently been busted in HCM City City have raised a public debate: Should names of the prostitutes’ customers be made public to curb prostitution?

It is a reality that women who are arrested for prostitution have their names and hometown published, while the identification of their customers remains unknown.

Below are the opinion of some senior police officers on Tuoi Tre (Youth) and Giao Duc Vietnam (Vietnam Education) newspapers.

Le Duc Hien, Vice Head of the Department of Social Evil Prevention: Names and images of prostitutes and their clients will not be publicly announced in line with a decree under the national anti-prostitution program. However, anyone found offering prostitution services will be convicted of a criminal offense under existing Vietnamese laws.

In addition to the administrative fines, sex workers will be warned and educated by local authorities. If clients are civil servants or members of Vietnam Communist Party or armed forces, their names will be announced to their leaders, who are likely to reprimand them or punish them later.

Have any civil servants been punished by the decree?

Le Duc Hien: The practical implementation of the regulations in Vietnam has proved ineffective so far. Hence, just a few civil servants have had their names revealed to their bosses.

In my opinion, if publishing the names of prostitutes’ clients can help curb prostitution, we should apply a pilot model.

Colonel Ho Sy Tien, acting head of the Investigative Police Agency on Social Order: Under the law, prostitution pimps will be punished by criminal law while prostitutes and prostitute’s customers will be punished by administrative fines, including pecuniary penalty, serving a warning, prostitutes being sent to education centers, information about whore-masters being sent to the local authorities where they reside… All of these measures aim to prevent prostitution.

In my point of view, prostitution is getting popular and public under various forms, which are very sophisticated. Disclosure of the names of prostitutes and their customers is effective to prevent this social evil.

Prostitution is the operation of “demand and supply,” so we have to treat both prostitutes and whore-masters fairly. If the names of prostitutes are made public, so should the names of the customers.

Some people said that prostitutes should be seen as victims of prostitution, Colonel Tien said:

Prostitute should be considered as victims if they are victims of human trafficking and then being forced to work as prostitutes at brothels. In this case, they cannot defend themselves and they have to work as prostitutes, otherwise they will be assaulted.

The girls who have jobs, who are famous and students cannot be called ‘victims’ because they voluntarily work as prostitutes. These people must not be considered as victims and must be strongly protested. Obviously, whore-masters must be condemned.

Do you think publishing names of both prostitutes and clients is a must?

Colonel Ho Sy Tien: Most of prostitutes have to do this job because of economic difficulties, being jobless, etc. They have to hide their families to do this shameful thing. It will be difficult for these people to re-integrate into the community if their names are made public. In these cases, we have to carefully consider whether their names should be made public.

However, for famous people like models, actresses or singers, it is necessary to announce their names because they are celebrities and public symbols.

Making public the names of prostitutes depends on investigative agencies but in my opinion, for those who are not victims, their names must be made public.

Le Duc Hien: Some consequences should be accounted for in case of publishing their names. I think that is a big social problem that needs more discussions.

In some countries in which prostitution is legal, politicians can lose their prestige, or even their career, if they are found in “red light” areas. Prostitution services offered out of the areas will be strictly punished by the local government.

In Vietnam, the names of civil servants who are involved in prostitution are not publicly announced due to humanitarian reasons. That means the clients’ families would not necessarily be informed of their behaviors.

Is it time for Vietnam to legalize prostitution?

Le Duc Hien: Legalizing prostitution is a complicated matter that may badly affect the country’s political institutions, laws, customs and practices, and apparatus of government.

Now, if the Vietnamese government were to give permission for the establishment of ‘red light’ areas, how would we manage them? The term “red light” is synonymous with social evils, human trafficking, criminals, and drug addicts. The problem is, do we have a good enough governmental apparatuses to manage them?

We know very well that despite having effective legal implementation tools, in several advanced countries where prostitution is legal the government admits that the establishment of ‘red light’ areas has hurt, because they cannot control them. In summary, it’s impossible for Vietnam to legalize prostitution now.

Colonel Ho Sy Tien: We should realize that prostitution is a social phenomenon that must be solved in a long run. If controlling prostitution is the job of the police force only, we cannot thoroughly solve this social evil.

Actually, the National Assembly is discussing prostitution legalization. We should recognize it as a ‘job’ with public and specific rules to better manage it.

If prostitute is legalized, the state can collect taxes. Education and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases will be easier. We will take criminal penalty on illegal prostitutes and their customers, not administrative fines. In the current situation, administrative fines on prostitutes and their customers are ineffective to prevent this social evil. It will be very difficult to thoroughly deal with a social evil which is not seen as guilty.

Not naming whore-masters is unfair?

Many VietNamNet’s readers said that it is unjust if prostitutes are named while the names of their customers are hidden. However, many others said that the names of whore-masters should not be published to protect their families.

Reader Tam Nhu, from Bac Ninh, said: “Whore-masters are bad but they surely have a family. Their family is not deserved to suffer from their shameful act.”

A reader named hoalantuong agreed: “These people are deserved to be condemned but if their names are made public, whether their children can overcome this shock and can grow up normally?”

However, many readers expressed their support of naming prostitutes’ customers on the media. They said that it is unfair if the names of prostitutes are published while the names of whore-masters are hidden though both of them break the law.

“Is it fair if the names of whore-masters are hidden for ‘humanitarian reasons’ while the names of women who are prostitutes are made public? Why only men are protected while women are not protected? Is it male chauvinism?” reader Tran Le Xuan questioned.

“If whore-masters are protected, it means that we shield and tolerate their bad acts. If they relapse into vice, when will this social evil be controlled?” another reader voiced.

This reader said that whore-masters must be named and punished to be lessons for others.

Reader Vuong Thuc Nhi wrote: “It is absurd! Why the names of prostitutes’ customers are not published? Without whore-masters, do we have prostitute? Why we have to think of their families while they do not think about their families themselves?”

“We have to make public the names of these people to prevent them from repeating this bad act. If we destroy the demand, there will not have supply. To eliminate prostitution, we have to make public the names of all related people. If for humanitarian reasons, no name should be made public for equality,” reader Le Van Thanh wrote.

VietNamNet /GDVN/Tuoi Tre

jackbl
24-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Young model, actress caught selling sex for $1,500
================================================== =====
Model-cum-actress Hong Ha was caught in the act in a hotel in Hanoi’s Ba Dinh District as officers from the Ministry of Public Security bust a large-scale sex ring on May 24.

At 5.30pm, officers from the Police Department of Criminal Investigation in Social Order (C45) and Hanoi police suddenly inspected a hotel on Son Tay Street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi and discovered two couples having sex in two hotel rooms.

At the same time, Ho Chi Minh City police also found another couple at M&M hotel in the southern city.

Among those detained is model and actress Hong Ha hailing from Thai Binh province, who was believed to be paid US$1,000-1500 for that night.

Hong Ha has been modeling for some foreign and national magazines and fashion brands and starred in several movies.

According to initial information, the sex ring, which boasts 20 high-level prostitutes, was founded in 2009 by 26-year old Do Trung Kien.

Kien tried to get to know models and actresses at model agencies and would wander around cafés, famous discotheques to solicit customers.

He would approach rich businessmen and provide them with the girls - who are students, models, actresses and contestants in some beauty pageants.

The procurer would give them his number and pass code. When they feel in need, the men can contact Kien for price quotation, time and location. The prostitution mostly takes place in expensive hotels in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City or are organized under a form of vacation.

The prices range from VND4-6 million ($200-300) a time, US$400-600 a night or US$1,000-1,500 for a holiday trip.

The C45 police said this is a large-scale sex ring involving many individuals in different locations, operating for a long time and earning a large amount of money.

At the police station, Hong Ha said she is working for a model agency Elite. However, the same day, Thuy Hanh, the company’s representative denied that Hong Ha belongs to the company.

“We do not know who Hong Ha is. Elite has never worked with Hong Ha or invited her to any fashion show,” Hanh confirmed.

She added that her company may sue the model for giving false information which may affect their brand.

jackbl
24-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Sex ring with involvement of models prosecuted
The Central Investigation Police Department today prosecuted a case of prostitution intermediary with the involvement of many models and actresses whom were caught in the act today in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

Police also issued an arrest warrant and detained the sex ring organizer Do Trung Kien, 26, residing at 158 Ngoc Ha in Hanoi’s Ba Dinh District.

Kien declared to police that he has been organizing the ring since 2009 and is paid 20 – 30 percent of the sum his girls are paid.

Around 20 prostitutes enlisted in the ring include high-profile fashion models, actresses, students and beauty contestants, according to the police department.

Yesterday, police burst into a hotel in Hanoi and caught red handed two couples engaging in sexual activities in two separate rooms. One of the prostitutes was identified as model Hong Ha, who has been modeling for some foreign and domestic magazines and fashion brands and starred in several movies.

She is believed to be paid US$1,000-1,500 for a trip in Hanoi. On average, a girl in the ring is paid VND4-6 million ($192 – 290) a time, $400-600 a night or $1,000 – 1,500 a trip.

At the same time, Ho Chi Minh City police also raided a hotel on Bui Thi Xuan Street in Ben NGhe District and found a girl selling sex at M&M hotel.

vietboy
24-06-2012, 10:53 PM
U not tired meh? So simple words People dun wan to use dictionary to self-help, u worry for what? :D

Got us as living dictionary why need to self help? Even ask like we own him the translation.

yummyymym
24-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Sorry guys was at work today so just but and paste the message apologies :)

Hurricane88
24-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Sorry guys was at work today so just but and paste the message apologies :)

dun think u cut and paste...u need to type out from the sms...and sure u typo error quite a few...:)

vietboy
25-06-2012, 01:06 AM
dun think u cut and paste...u need to type out from the sms...and sure u typo error quite a few...:)

Definitely not cut n paste. Where got ppl message like this. No punctuation, commas, or any other things. All in 1 lump. How to read? Even if its in english.