PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

volcano
25-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Sorry guys was at work today so just but and paste the message apologies :)

yeah...u r the only one that needs to work whereas everyone else here is waiting on standby 24/7 for u.

i personally feel that this thread is being abused.many times,others are just taking for granted.many post and ask for help on very simple Tieng Viet.these people are basically damn too lazy to go find the translation themselves.if there is any who are simply too lazy to learn or dun bother to check from dict,then alt is for those to get their VBs to go learn English then.

if anyone really face Tieng Viet that is really chim and hard to understand,post it here and i am sure those who understands it will do their best to help.if for those who are going to ask something e.g "anh yeu em" and "lam tinh",then i think that its better for them to have relationship with gals from mainland China.

ilovedoggie
25-06-2012, 02:26 AM
You not tired meh?:cool: every msg also in viet and you dun understand then have to come forum ask...headache lei....

Meaning:

husband today have go work or not? The thing/matter I ask husband to do/help me, you promise will do/help me ha! If you ok then msg me, i will faster meet you only ok..

just to side track a bit... IMHO this message is alarmingly KC:confused::eek:

yummyymym
25-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Lol ... I was using my handphone to access the internet. Yes she has a LOT of typos ... which even hardens my learning and interpretation of the language especially without commas and full stops....

P.S. what is KC ?

KangTuo
25-06-2012, 06:15 AM

not kc lah... its presurrizing..
if help as promise then see yummyymym. if no, ........ :)

KangTuo
25-06-2012, 06:16 AM
what is KC ?

its kum chng...

vietboy
25-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Lol ... I was using my handphone to access the internet. Yes she has a LOT of typos ... which even hardens my learning and interpretation of the language especially without commas and full stops....

P.S. what is KC ?

:rolleyes: then :shakehead:....

Maybe may need boss sammy to add another face, the shakehead face. Really feel alot of use for it lately. :D

jackbl
25-06-2012, 11:01 AM
[ong xa] [hom nay] co di lam khong? cai chuyen ma em keu [ong xa] lam giup em, anh hua se lam giup em nhe. Neu anh chieu thi nhan tin lai cho em hay, em se mau qua gap anh thoi ok

Yes she has a LOT of typos ... which even hardens my learning and interpretation of the language especially without commas and full stops....

If I breakdown the sentences into individual words like above, are u able to search it in dictionary?

casannova03
25-06-2012, 12:03 PM
U not tired meh? So simple words People dun wan to use dictionary to self-help, u worry for what? :D

He lucky la... want me translate must catch me at the right window period...who knows very soon I will disappear for another few months liao...:D

ok lah, actually wanna ignore him but then again when i think back to my own situation last time when the only person I can ask is my trusty "Oxford Modern Anh-Viet Tu Dien", sort of soften and translate for him la...about 2 mins after you broken down the sentences for him...;)

casannova03
25-06-2012, 12:04 PM

Yes indeed! Sounds like ask him to buy something or send money to someone or borrow money for something......In return, she will only go out with him and no one else...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AdGuy
25-06-2012, 11:48 PM
i personally feel that this thread is being abused.many times,others are just taking for granted.many post and ask for help on very simple Tieng Viet.these people are basically damn too lazy to go find the translation themselves.if there is any who are simply too lazy to learn or dun bother to check from dict,then alt is for those to get their VBs to go learn English then.

I agree, which is why I even boycotted my own thread

yummyymym
26-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Lol no la asking for other things but anyway does not matter . the thing about why I am unable to translate using vdic or Google translate is because there is no signs on the SMS and it does not seem to come out with the correct translation. can anyone advice how best to translate on this situation

cam on

vietboy
26-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Lol no la asking for other things but anyway does not matter . the thing about why I am unable to translate using vdic or Google translate is because there is no signs on the SMS and it does not seem to come out with the correct translation. can anyone advice how best to translate on this situation

cam on

Have u heard of the trial n error method? Remember jackbl mentioned it before here. U go search this thread for it. No spoonfeeding.

ilovedoggie
26-06-2012, 12:42 AM

cam on

Options available:
1) read this thread from page 1 to last page
2) buy us beer and we can share with u some tieng Viet

No need to know the diacritic mark unless u wan to be prof jack.:D

I learn it from the street by paying lots of tuition fee.until today I dunno what is diacritic mark ... Hjx hjx:D u learn it for free here

ilovedoggie
26-06-2012, 01:05 AM

your signature put your favorite singer is khac viet?!

u sound like a below 20yo vb! hjhjhjhj:D:p

jackbl
26-06-2012, 03:22 AM

OK see u at other places :D

jackbl
26-06-2012, 03:24 AM
I learn it from the street by paying lots of tuition fee

U pay alot of tuition fee for enjoyment on the street, not learning tieng viet hor.....

vietboy
26-06-2012, 08:34 AM

Eh, i also like khac viet, does that made me a 20yo vb too??

vietboy
26-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Options available:
1) read this thread from page 1 to last page
2) buy us beer and we can share with u some tieng Viet

No need to know the diacritic mark unless u wan to be prof jack.:D

I learn it from the street by paying lots of tuition fee.until today I dunno what is diacritic mark ... Hjx hjx:D u learn it for free here

Option 3: go checkout jackbl's signature.
Option 4: use the trial n error i mentioned.

We so good, give u so many tips. U must treat us to beer hor. :D

AdGuy
26-06-2012, 09:35 AM

You need to understand a below 20 VB to get a below 20 VB. :D

yummyymym
26-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Option 3: go checkout jackbl's signature.
Option 4: use the trial n error i mentioned.

We so good, give u so many tips. U must treat us to beer hor. :D

OK let's go. tower on me haha

KangTuo
26-06-2012, 11:05 AM

you can save your money on the tower...
save until you can buy cannon then maybe by that time vietboy can get off pass and come out again :p

jackbl
26-06-2012, 12:38 PM
SOS: students play truant to gamble
==================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Educators have rung the alarm bell over the school evil of gambling. A lot of students now like spending time at gambling tables rather than at the school tables.

The 1A alley on Ton That Tung Street has been well-known in Hanoi with the shops of different kinds that specifically serve students. There are tens of gambling tables on the small alley, about one kilometer in length. The tables have existed in cafes, where students go every afternoon to relax.

It is very easy to find out the cafes with gambling tables. One can see groups of students gathering around wooden tables and gambling behind the glass doors.

Each of the groups comprises of at least four players. In order to attract the more players, the cafés’ workers are always ready to satisfy all the requirements of the clients

In general, winners earn tens of thousands of dong from every game of cards. Some students complained that they lost nearly one million dong within a week because of the bad luck.

In Vietnam, those who can earn 10 million dong a month are considered high income earners.

Kim Ngan, a student, said she and her friends come here to gamble every day. She told her parents that she needs to relax and she goes to café to chat with friends and drink. However, in fact, she comes just to play cards.

“I sometimes squandered one million dong just within a week. Therefore, I had to ask the parents to give me some more hundreds of thousands of dong for “pocket money.”

Some students said at first, they felt embarrassed when gambling here. However, gambling has become their habit, and they would not feel easy-going if they do not come here every day.

Vu, an information technology student, said that he first went gambling one year ago, when he followed the girlfriend to a café. And he quickly became a gambling addict.

“My girlfriend and I come here every week, where we can gamble for money and relax,” Vu said.

When asked if Vu knows that he is violating the laws by gambling, he said that he does not care about that.

Another student said he only plays cards and he earns only several thousands or several tens of thousands of dong each time, therefore, this should not be considered as “gambling.”

“The police would not care about us – the pretty card players,” he maintained.

Meanwhile, another student affirmed that the café here all pay money to the police in return for the quietness of the state management agencies. “I am sure that the cafes’ owners give the police the under-the-table money,” he said.

“If they had not given money, their cafes would have been removed,” he continued.

A student of the Hanoi National University said that gambling tables for students can easily found everywhere in Hanoi. The gambling tables are mostly located near universities.

“You should come to cafes or shops to gamble. The cafes serve coffee and drinks as well. But if they do not serve the gambling, they would not have clients,” the student said.

In related news, the headmaster of Nguyen Ba Ngoc School in Dak Nong province has also been found gambling, after a video clip showing the gambling was posted on Youtube.

The information has stirred up the public, especially the parents, who say a teacher – gambler should not be accepted in the Vietnamese schools.

Source: Giao duc VN, Dat Viet

casannova03
26-06-2012, 01:30 PM

cam on

simple! Do it word by word!!

go to Vdict, use the WORDS a.k.a dictionary, and not the sentence translation tool where you type in sentence to translate...

change the selection to "vietnamese-english" then type in the vietnamese word(without the signs) you will see vietnamese words with signs pop up in a box below, select each and every word and look through it. Find one that fits the most for your sentence according to your conversation.

have you tried it? dun think so right? seems like you just go straight to the translation function and type in the sentence....this will not work most of the time....

Do it word by word and you learn new words every day!;)

casannova03
26-06-2012, 01:32 PM
You need to understand a below 20 VB to get a below 20 VB. :D

Too young no good lei....:p

They are usually "sticky", playful, dunno how to think, likes to spend money and worse of all, call you as and when they like!:eek:

I prefer slightly mature ones....maybe at least 25yrs...;)

AdGuy
26-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Too young no good lei....:p

They are usually "sticky", playful, dunno how to think, likes to spend money and worse of all, call you as and when they like!:eek:

Prob is... the one thing that changes when a VB reaches 30 from 20... is the firmness of her boobs and butt. ;)

AdGuy
26-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Tower not enough :rolleyes:

jackbl
26-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I help u to break the sentence into words that u can find in dictionary :

[ong xa] [hom nay] co di lam khong? cai chuyen ma em keu [ong xa] lam giup em, anh hua se lam giup em nhe. Neu anh chieu thi nhan tin lai cho em hay, em se mau qua gap anh thoi ok

change the selection to "vietnamese-english" then type in the vietnamese word(without the signs) you will see vietnamese words with signs pop up in a box below, select each and every word and look through it. Find one that fits the most for your sentence according to your conversation.

have you tried it? dun think so right? seems like you just go straight to the translation function and type in the sentence....this will not work most of the time....

I already break down for him........... but he din appreciate :(

jackbl
26-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Tower not enough :rolleyes:

1 Tower for me alone is enough... So when u wan to start the lesson??? Which "classroom"?

jackbl
26-06-2012, 02:21 PM

No wonder I difficult to find someone that I like.... Got competitors lor :D

vietboy
26-06-2012, 03:05 PM
you can save your money on the tower...
save until you can buy cannon then maybe by that time vietboy can get off pass and come out again :p

Good idea!! :D

vietboy
26-06-2012, 03:08 PM

go to Vdict, use the WORDS a.k.a dictionary, and not the sentence translation tool where you type in sentence to translate...

Do it word by word and you learn new words every day!;)

Ya, this is what i meant when i say trial n error method. This was mentioned by jackbl too sometime ago. I use this too.

vietboy
26-06-2012, 03:13 PM
1 Tower for me alone is enough... So when u wan to start the lesson??? Which "classroom"?

So finally got someone to take over my "boss 1 tower" place. :D
I suggest "classrooms" out of GL/JC area. Can explore new places. :D

tomcat007
26-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Ya, this is what i meant when i say trial n error method. This was mentioned by jackbl too sometime ago. I use this too.

If using iPhone, there is a Viet English dictionary that support phrases instead of just word, which is most of the time what you get.

jackbl
26-06-2012, 03:47 PM
If using iPhone, there is a Viet English dictionary that support phrases instead of just word, which is most of the time what you get.

Please let us know what application is it. Thanks in advance :)

Honey Boon
26-06-2012, 04:08 PM
i tot you go for SYT and BK this year? :confused::D

No wonder I difficult to find someone that I like.... Got competitors lor :D

jackbl
26-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Got a sms from a gal. Told me she met with fxxx unlucky thing yesterd night : ho di ks ngu xong ho keu nguoi dang ong khac vao lam tiep e ko chiu no khoa cua nhot e lai bat e fai ngu voi no ko thi fai tra tien lai het,e ko chiu no doi danh e,e so qua nen tra lai het roi no moi tha e ra,coi nhu e bi no ngu ko ton tien,e tuc wa ma ko biet lam sao chi biet ngoi khoc ...... :mad:

Anyone want to try translate these sentences?

jackbl
26-06-2012, 04:32 PM
i tot you go for SYT and BK this year?

Can I choose BK MILF too??? Also BK ma......

KangTuo
26-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Got a sms from a gal. Told me she met with fxxx unlucky thing yesterd night : ho di ks ngu xong ho keu nguoi dang ong khac vao lam tiep e ko chiu no khoa cua nhot e lai bat e fai ngu voi no ko thi fai tra tien lai het,e ko chiu no doi danh e,e so qua nen tra lai het roi no moi tha e ra,coi nhu e bi no ngu ko ton tien,e tuc wa ma ko biet lam sao chi biet ngoi khoc ...... :mad:

that CB go hotel sleep with me already, that CB ask anothe CB come in fcuk me some more. I don't accept, that CB lock the door "nhot e lai". force me must sleep with the other CB else return all money back. I don't accept, he will beat me up. I very sacre therefore return all the money then that CB let me out. Just like I sleep with that CB and that CB don't need pay, I very tulan but don't know what to do, only know to sit and cry ... :mad:

vietnam80
26-06-2012, 04:40 PM
that CB go hotel sleep with me already, that CB ask anothe CB come in fcuk me some more. I don't accept, that CB lock the door "nhot e lai". force me must sleep with the other CB else return all money back. I don't accept, he will beat me up. I very sacre therefore return all the money then that CB let me out. Just like I sleep with that CB and that CB don't need pay, I very tulan but don't know what to do, only know to sit and cry ... :mad:

wow..who that CB kia?? must whack him hard lor... lam tinh can force one ar.

volcano
26-06-2012, 04:42 PM

she is damn suay to meet such a beast.knn WL is also human mah,that guy better dun have daughters,if not his daughters sure become WL and kana the same thing from others....:mad:

vietnam80
26-06-2012, 04:44 PM
any photos of the CB post here? see him at jc pui him....

Hurricane88
26-06-2012, 04:53 PM

she is damn suay to meet such a beast.knn WL is also human mah,that guy better dun have daughters,if not his daughters sure become WL and kana the same thing from others....:mad:

I dun sympathise with this WL...she is a whore...even though I dun condone the action of the guy that after fucking dun pay...the in between story we are not there to judge...the VB may had agreed prior to this but chickened out thinking that sinkie men are all stupid idiot...otherwise how come she guai guai return all money...even though the sinkie men threathen to beat her up...this is an idealist world...:)

my famous quote..."if you trust WL then pigs can climb tress..."

casannova03
26-06-2012, 05:53 PM
So finally got someone to take over my "boss 1 tower" place. :D
I suggest "classrooms" out of GL/JC area. Can explore new places. :D

Idea....i can contribute...hahahahaha...

Go HH at KTV lor....:D:D

casannova03
26-06-2012, 06:04 PM

Well, this type of things happens all the time i suppose....Just that it is seldom reported and talked about to us guys. Its quite common among girl's talk about who or who met with which joker tha does not pay...so that all the girls can be aware.

If you have noticed, from 7-8 years ago, girls think quite highly of sinkie guys well, maybe because of the money and the level of life that we have here. NOW, if you talk to 10 girls, 8-9 will say sg guys are xao nhieu nhieu and these 8-9 will not want to marry with a sg guy given a choice.

I suppose episodes like this contributes to our bad naming ba...

The one i have heard most recently i think i shared before but share again: Girl go KS with customer, have sat many times before with this cust but 1st time go KS. So there is a certain level of trust as prior to this customer always give tip. After KS session, send girl back in cab..girl thought as always will alight together to go eat something then he go back...this time, as girl was on the left hand side, after she open door to alight, customer pull door shut and ask taxi to go......:(

Customer never seen again....

Shang
26-06-2012, 07:08 PM
o xa hom nay co di lam ko cai chuyen ma em keu o xa lam gium em a hua se lam gium em nhe nieu a chieu thi nhan tin lai cho e hay e se mau qua gap a thoi ok

Translation pls
My husband, today you go work or not? the matter which i asked you help me to do, you promised to help me? If you agree, sms to me or i will go to see u soon. ok?:o

vietboy
26-06-2012, 07:54 PM
any photos of the CB post here? see him at jc pui him....

Ya must pui chao nua.

vietboy
26-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Idea....i can contribute...hahahahaha...

Go HH at KTV lor....:D:D

Contribute what? Contribute 1 cannon? :p

jackbl
26-06-2012, 11:14 PM
If you have noticed, from 7-8 years ago, girls think quite highly of sinkie guys well, maybe because of the money and the level of life that we have here. NOW, if you talk to 10 girls, 8-9 will say sg guys are xao nhieu nhieu and these 8-9 will not want to marry with a sg guy given a choice.

I suppose episodes like this contributes to our bad naming ba...

Knn the gal told me those fxxxers not sinkie, so u know who they are roi.....

vietboy
26-06-2012, 11:24 PM

our neighbour? :D

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 01:37 AM

I'm sorry my friends... but many of your actions leave much to be desired. There are great people I know, but many of you are real swines who should just play with your balls until u bleed and die.

Just like what you did to someone I cared very much - until u fker came and fked it all for us. :mad: I swear I would have made your worthless fking life a fking hell if she had not stopped me.

I met a girl before at 13. She said she was forced and dragged to go to KS (she din go eventually) by a guy. I asked where's the fker from. She said 'he said he's from Singapore but I doubt it...' This girl's got brains!!!

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 01:40 AM
I dun sympathise with this WL...she is a whore...even though I dun condone the action of the guy that after fucking dun pay...the in between story we are not there to judge...the VB may had agreed prior to this but chickened out thinking that sinkie men are all stupid idiot...otherwise how come she guai guai return all money...even though the sinkie men threathen to beat her up...this is an idealist world...:)

my famous quote..."if you trust WL then pigs can climb tress..."

Agree with you that she may be lying.

But what if she's not?

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 01:59 AM
Girl go KS with customer, have sat many times before with this cust but 1st time go KS. So there is a certain level of trust as prior to this customer always give tip. After KS session, send girl back in cab..girl thought as always will alight together to go eat something then he go back...this time, as girl was on the left hand side, after she open door to alight, customer pull door shut and ask taxi to go......:(

Customer never seen again....

Why did you do something like that? :mad:

:D Hehe just kidding

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 02:02 AM

Can I take it from your translation that ho & no means CB ?

vietboy
27-06-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry my friends... but many of your actions leave much to be desired. There are great people I know, but many of you are real swines who should just play with your balls until u bleed and die.

Just like what you did to someone I cared very much - until u fker came and fked it all for us. :mad: I swear I would have made your worthless fking life a fking hell if she had not stopped me.

I met a girl before at 13. She said she was forced and dragged to go to KS (she din go eventually) by a guy. I asked where's the fker from. She said 'he said he's from Singapore but I doubt it...' This girl's got brains!!!

Wa bro. U really kenna big time this time round. I feel for u.
Relax bro. Let it go. Lets find some time to go drink. U have to tell me the story hor. :D

vietboy
27-06-2012, 08:36 AM

No means him.
Ho i think is typo error. It shld be "no" too.

KangTuo
27-06-2012, 08:46 AM

No means him.

according to great grandmaster jackbl, ho = they :)

jf66312
27-06-2012, 08:48 AM

No means him.

according to anh jack..
ho means they ... :) ( the moment i click submit , kt post show..hjhj.. )

KangTuo
27-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Let it go. Lets find some time to go drink.

6 minths later? :D

vietboy
27-06-2012, 08:57 AM
according to great grandmaster jackbl, ho = they :)

according to anh jack..
ho means they ... :) ( the moment i click submit , kt post show..hjhj.. )

They?? :confused: Means this vb go KS together with more than a guy? Threesome? :D

vietboy
27-06-2012, 08:58 AM
6 minths later? :D

Shit. Shh, dun pua my KT(kang tao) ma. :D:p

jf66312
27-06-2012, 09:04 AM
They?? :confused: Means this vb go KS together with more than a guy? Threesome? :D

yes...the vb refer as they becoz there are 2 guys involved if u realised in the sms..the guy upz her first then try to get his fren another guy to do it also so the vb refer to them as they... :)

pls read the msg ..need me spoonfeed u ah?? hjhj... :)

vietnam80
27-06-2012, 09:11 AM
our neighbour? :D

malaysia..??? haiz...i feel so lowly now.... :( the gal know them from jc or gl btw?

jackbl
27-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Agree with you that she may be lying.

But what if she's not?

If u agreed a price with a WL to go Overnight, but after 1 shot she wanted to go, will u give her nothing by saying she agreed to go overnight but din fulfil the promise or u will give her 1/2 the agreed price and let her go???

Those fxxxers are not paying the WL at all if she dun wan to do with Another person, locked her up, and threatened to beat her.....

jackbl
27-06-2012, 09:22 AM
No means him.

It can be typo too.... but there is really a word called họ. Dun believe u ask your BX.

KangTuo
27-06-2012, 09:25 AM
It can be typo too.... but there is really a word called họ. Dun believe u ask your BX.

the best and well known "Ho" in vn is Bac Ho :D

jackbl
27-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Next time I will tell those gals I am from XXX when I drag them to KS :D :p ;)

jackbl
27-06-2012, 09:36 AM

I'm sorry my friends...

U call those fxxxers Friends???!!! Why u suddenly become so active???

jackbl
27-06-2012, 09:39 AM
according to great grandmaster jackbl, ho = they

Please dun call me what great grandmaster!!! People say I "CUT & PASTE" from internet, got not much knowledge of vietnamese!!!

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Ho and no usually refers to a third party whom you not very close to, just like using ban and toi.

AdGuy
27-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Next time I will tell those gals I am from XXX when I drag them to KS :D :p ;)

This is the same girl who complained that someone kidnapped her soft toy and never gave back.

In the end lan lan exchanged it for tuition fee. :D

jackbl
27-06-2012, 10:24 AM
This is the same girl who complained that someone kidnapped her soft toy and never gave back.

In the end lan lan exchanged it for tuition fee.

No la, I did ask her permission... she said she give it to me. I met her for 4-5 times for the tuition :D

vietboy
27-06-2012, 06:17 PM

yes...the vb refer as they becoz there are 2 guys involved if u realised in the sms..the guy upz her first then try to get his fren another guy to do it also so the vb refer to them as they...

pls read the msg ..need me spoonfeed u ah?? hjhj... :)

If its they, it will be: they go ks sleep liao they called another guy come...
This means that the vb already sleeping with more than 1 guy b4 the guys called another to come. But dont understand why she use they and not we? :confused:

If its him, it will be: he go ks sleep liao he called another guy come... I think this is more likely.

Please read CAREFULLY. Hihi:)

vietboy
27-06-2012, 06:22 PM

i did research b4 i reply to jf's post n this họ means they.
But we need to know the story b4 this incident so can better say its they or him. How many guys did the vb initially go ks with?

casannova03
27-06-2012, 06:26 PM
But we need to know the story b4 this incident so can better say its they or him. How many guys did the vb initially go ks with?

Looks like a typo..a "he" meaning looks more likely here...;)

vietboy
27-06-2012, 06:38 PM
No means him.

Same thinking. :)

KangTuo
28-06-2012, 08:44 AM
anyone wanna translate? status update from a FB account

1) Neu da la chap nhan mot dieu gi do...thi dung suy nghi... Va khong met moi va kg dc...da chap nhan la dong nghia de nguoi khac lam ton thuong den minh...con rat nhiu thu de phai hoc chap nhan la gi???

2) Neu chinh ban than minh cung bit con duong do la sai,la kg dung...thi co nen di tiep kh..?nhung toi van dy tiep...dy den khi nao kg con loi dy nua thi thoi...con duong nay dong lai...thi con duong khac mo ra...hii.

3) Yêu thế nào:yêu mănh liệt nhưng không mù quáng, kiên định nhưng không cố chấp,sẻ chia và không gian trá, thông cảm và đừng đ̣i hỏi

4) Nếu đó là hạnh phúc th́ thời gian trôi qua rất là nhanh...không có thời gian yêu th́ đừng nên giận hờn nhau để làm ǵ???lâu lâu co 1 chút giận để biết ty nhiều hay ít???quan trọng nhất là ai sai và biết xl...

5) Có những thứ mất rồi không thể lấy lại
Có những sai lầm không thể sửa được
Có những vết thương không bao giờ lành
Có những nỗi nhớ không bao giờ nguôi
Có những thứ không bao giờ la của ḿnh
Có những thứ là của ḿnh măi măi
Có những con đường đi rồi không thể quay lại
V́ vậy:
Không có ai không có ty
Không có ai là không được yêu
Chi đơn giản là người đó chưa xuất hiện mà thôi...

6) Hay tran trong nhung gi minh dang co...ty nhu la xay 1 ngoi nha zay... Can phai co thoi gian va snghi rat nhiu moi cthe co 1 ngoi nha...cho nen:xay thi kho pha vo thi chi la... may hoi!

jf66312
28-06-2012, 08:49 AM

hmmm...after taking a second look again..seems like he to me also..

hehe..xlxl vietboy... :p

vietboy
28-06-2012, 09:01 AM
hmmm...after taking a second look again..seems like he to me also..

hehe..xlxl vietboy... :p

Dung noi xl, we maybe wrong too. We r all still learning. :)
Tell u what, u let yur bx take a look at the msg n see what is her interpretation. :D

jf66312
28-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Dung noi xl, we maybe wrong too. We r all still learning. :)
Tell u what, u let yur bx take a look at the msg n see what is her interpretation. :D

she prob ask where u get this msg from... :eek:

Honey Boon
28-06-2012, 02:10 PM
to be exact ..... should be "copy and paste" ..... :D

Please dun call me what great grandmaster!!! People say I "CUT & PASTE" from internet, got not much knowledge of vietnamese!!!

vietboy
29-06-2012, 08:47 AM
she prob ask where u get this msg from... :eek:

Tell her that someone ask u to translate loh. I can be that someone. :D

jackbl
29-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Saigon’s night markets
==============================

VietNamNet Bridge – When the night falls, Saigon becomes mysterious and charming, differently from its warm and bustling during the day.

Night markets have become Saigon’s specialty. Night markets are not luxurious like shopping malls but are still attracts visitors for its abundance of goods with remarkable prices.

People go to night markets not only for shopping but also for enjoying traditional cuisines that they cannot find at restaurants.

Saigon has many night markets. One of the most special markets is Minh Phung in District 6, which opens from 2pm to mid-night. This is the world of accessories for women like hairpins, etc., jewelry, handbags, cloths, clothes, etc. Many sellers sit flat on the ground to sell piles of underwear, towels, children’s clothes, footwear, etc.

Ky Hoa night market on Cao Thang road, District 10 is also a favorite destination of tourists. This is the largest night market in Saigon, with more than 250 stalls, selling clothes, cosmetics, jewelry, handicraft items, food and especially sale-off products. This market lures large numbers of students and young people. The market opens from 5pm to 1-2am.

Ben Thanh market is an unforgettable address for tourists because it is a symbol of Saigon, with nearly 100-year history. Over half of visitors to Ben Thanh market today are foreigners.

The unwritten principle for shopping at Ben Thanh market is the buyer should bargain half of the price offered by the seller.

Visitors are advised to taste specialty cuisines of three regions of Vietnam, cuisines process from seafood and Chinese food.

Night markets have contributed to making Saigon’s charms.

NDT

jackbl
29-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Hanoi in my eyes
=========================

VietNamNet Bridge - A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of getting acquainted with a young Vietnamese girl, who exuded intelligence in her quiet confident ways.

Our encounter that day had been purely by chance; I needed someone to translate for me at the tailor’s, and she had volunteered to accompany me, temporarily solving my daily woes of speaking in a language I could barely speak.

That afternoon, as we shared our thoughts on the difficult process of college application, environmental challenges in urban spaces, and the need for renewable energy, our conversation drifted to a more eclectic topic; while we wondered why Hanoians are so loud when they speak, we also suspected noise pollution to contribute to that loudness. And with the passing of the hand of my watch, I learned of her personal aspiration to study in the United States after the completion of her high school.

I on the other hand told her of my impressions accumulated during my short time in Vietnam. After hearing of my experience, very insightfully, she commented that Vietnam seemed to evoke my memories, memories of my home country Nepal.

I first got acquainted with Vietnam in a candle-lit kitchen table in Nepal. It had been one of those many frequent load-shedding summer evenings, and my father a British army officer then had taken us on a mental tour of the world with his knowledge.

To my ten-year old self, he had narrated the revolutionary history of Vietnam, and with a deep admiration in his voice, my father had praised the Vietnamese in the way they had triumphed over the French through sheer perseverance and hard-work.

Many evenings have elapsed since then; I grew older, and in between finishing my schooling and starting my university in New Zealand, I transformed and changed, while the memories formed of that evening remained in retreat. So, when the opportunity presented for me to move to Vietnam early this year in February, I had but little recollection of those stories told in that dimly-lit kitchen table.

I arrived in Hanoi in February very much disappointed and skeptical after spending two meager days in Ho Chi Minh City. These two days had shown me nothing that was reflective of Vietnam or its soul. Or perhaps the soul had been presented to me, but molded by all these thriving commercial activities I had remained unimpressed. So in this dejected state, I had gotten into a taxi at the Hanoi airport that afternoon.

The drive to the Hang Dao neighborhood was long, but somehow on the way the sight of the open spaces, the rice paddy fields with the tiny figures of farmers tending to their fields in their traditional hats comforted me, and provided me with much needed time for reflection before I hastily judged Hanoi.

But, how quickly time has passed since then! As I am writing this, preparing myself for my approaching departure to New Zealand, it is the many things and objects that I befriended here that I carry in my heart.

This city of anonymous crowd, where language barrier had briefly turned my life so difficult, it was the gradual opening of a heart of an older woman on the alleyway to my house, the motorcycle men who instinctively knew where I was headed to, whether to my work place or my usual hang-out spot, the young waitresses at various eatery places who showered me with kindness and many such gestures that make my short time here so memorable.

On a more intimate level, the sight of the familiar marigold flowers around the Hoan Kiem Lake during my evening runs and the Makmali flower that symbolizes long life for one’s brother and traditionally used during our festive season of Tihar in Nepal conjured many forgotten images and memories of growing up in Nepal.

Therefore, it is with these fond thoughts, I bid farewell to Hanoi, and we part away not as strangers but as friends who will meet again.

Binti Gurung

jackbl
29-06-2012, 11:38 AM

I see already, I headache... Thanks for such a wonderful beginning for the Day! Since they are written in "true" vietnamese form, then it should be easier to translate via online translator, right? Grandmaster KangTuo :D :p

jackbl
29-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Foreign visitors to get VAT refunds
==========================================

Foreign visitors and overseas Vietnamese will get VAT refunds on purchases made in Viet Nam from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2014, when exiting the country through Noi Bai or Tan Son Nhat international airports, the Ministry of Finance said.

Visitors may claim back 85 per cent of the Value Added Tax (VAT) charged on goods purchased in the country.

According to the General Department of Viet Nam Customs, goods subjected to a VAT refund must not be among those prohibited for export. Neither must they be listed for export under Ministry of Industry and Trade permits nor subject to special management.

To qualify for a VAT refund, a tax refund declaration form must be issued within 30 days from the departure date and have a valid invoice for goods costing at least VND2 million.

A VAT refund will be available 24/7.

The tax refund will be paid in dong or a foreign currency in line with bank exchange rates.

Before checking security for sending goods and getting passing card for being on flight, the foreigner must submit the following documents for inspection at the customs counter to claim a refund – a bill-cum-VAT refund declaration form and a receipt, along with the goods in question.

The foreigner must also show a passport or identification papers.

If the purchases are not to take on board as hand luggage, the visitor must present the goods and a relevant tax invoice at a VAT refund desk or to a customs official prior to check in.

VNA

casannova03
29-06-2012, 01:27 PM

1) Neu da la chap nhan mot dieu gi do...thi dung suy nghi... Va khong met moi va kg dc...da chap nhan la dong nghia de nguoi khac lam ton thuong den minh...con rat nhiu thu de phai hoc chap nhan la gi???

2) Neu chinh ban than minh cung bit con duong do la sai,la kg dung...thi co nen di tiep kh..?nhung toi van dy tiep...dy den khi nao kg con loi dy nua thi thoi...con duong nay dong lai...thi con duong khac mo ra...hii.

3) Yêu thế nào:yêu mănh liệt nhưng không mù quáng, kiên định nhưng không cố chấp,sẻ chia và không gian trá, thông cảm và đừng đ̣i hỏi

4) Nếu đó là hạnh phúc th́ thời gian trôi qua rất là nhanh...không có thời gian yêu th́ đừng nên giận hờn nhau để làm ǵ???lâu lâu co 1 chút giận để biết ty nhiều hay ít???quan trọng nhất là ai sai và biết xl...

5) Có những thứ mất rồi không thể lấy lại
Có những sai lầm không thể sửa được
Có những vết thương không bao giờ lành
Có những nỗi nhớ không bao giờ nguôi
Có những thứ không bao giờ la của ḿnh
Có những thứ là của ḿnh măi măi
Có những con đường đi rồi không thể quay lại
V́ vậy:
Không có ai không có ty
Chi đơn giản là người đó chưa xuất hiện mà thôi...

6) Hay tran trong nhung gi minh dang co...ty nhu la xay 1 ngoi nha zay... Can phai co thoi gian va snghi rat nhiu moi cthe co 1 ngoi nha...cho nen:xay thi kho pha vo thi chi la... may hoi!

nhut dau wa anh oi!!!:eek::eek:

jackbl
29-06-2012, 01:45 PM
nhut dau

Again?????

KangTuo
29-06-2012, 03:34 PM
nhut dau wa anh oi!!!:eek::eek:

Again?????

nhuc dau? :D

let me correct it again :p

casannova03
29-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Again?????

hahaaha! Used to using this already....sorry la...but you get the meaning right??:D:D

yummyymym
30-06-2012, 12:41 AM
hi guys can anyone help me on this sentence. thank you

em het tien tra loi ko duoc xin loi nge e muon nge tien a noi chuyen tin hoi nay em nhan cho a co dong y ra ruoc em ko

jackbl
30-06-2012, 12:43 AM
HCM City: Taxi driver returns $20,000 to passenger
================================================== ========

VietNamNet Bridge – On June 19, Saigon Air taxi handed over lost luggage, including VND400 million ($20,000) in cash and other valuable assets to a passenger.

Earlier, Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Thu, 42, and her daughter flew from Kon Tum to HCM City on June 19. They took a cab of Saigon Air taxi from the Tan Son Nhat Airport to Tan Binh District. The driver is Mr. Tran Van Qui.

Getting off the cab, the two passengers left a handbag, containing VND400 million, an Ipad, a HD Sony camera, a massage machine and some other belongings.

Returning to the airport, driver Qui cleaned his car and discovered the handbag. He called Saigon Air’s switchboard to ask for the phone number of the passenger. However, as the passengers directly got the cab, and not calling the switchboard, they did not have her phone number.

The passenger was so tired so she did not remember about her handbag until late afternoon. She also did not remember where she left her handbag. She tried her luck to call Saigon Air and was unexpected that the kind-hearted driver was waiting to return her handbag.

Qui has worked for Saigon Air for over four years and he several times returned lost luggage to passengers.

N. Anh

KangTuo
30-06-2012, 01:16 AM
hi guys can anyone help me on this sentence. thank you

em het tien tra loi ko duoc xin loi nge e muon nge tien a noi chuyen tin hoi nay em nhan cho a co dong y ra ruoc em ko

just guessing....
em het tien tra loi ko duoc = i no money cannot reply (i guess she refer to hp no money)
xin loi nhe = sorry na
e muon nghe tieng a noi chuyen tin = i want to hear your voice talking about love
hoi nay em nhan cho a co dong y ra ruoc em ko = just now i sms you got agree to come out fetch me or not

jackbl
30-06-2012, 02:47 PM
just guessing....
em het tien tra loi ko duoc = i no money cannot reply (i guess she refer to hp no money)
xin loi nhe = sorry na
e muon nghe tieng a noi chuyen tin = i want to hear your voice talking about love
hoi nay em nhan cho a co dong y ra ruoc em ko = just now i sms you got agree to come out fetch me or not

IMHO, add those punctuation marks to give more meaningful sentence:

Em het tien tra loi ko duoc. Xin loi nge! E muon nghe tien a noi chuyen. Tin hoi nay em nhan cho a, co dong y ra ruoc em ko?

jackbl
30-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Cruel child beggar training ‘centers’ in HCM City
================================================== =======

VietNamNet Bridge – Big cities in general, including HCM City, are the favorite places for beggars. People usually think that children become beggars because they are orphaned or abandoned. However, many of them are puppets in beggar rings. Correspondents investigated and found out a brutal truth.

Training beggars by rattan switches

In May 2011, Saigon was flooded after downpours. In the flow of vehicles which were ‘swimming’ in flooded road. Nguyen Van Ti, 12, from the southern province of An Giang, dragged his legs in water to beg for money from passers-by. We gave him VND10,000 and offered to buy a noodle bowl from a pavement noodle shop for him. Ti immediately agreed. He ate two bowls.

Being asked about his parents and hometown, Ti burst into tears. The boy said: “My family was very poor. I only remember that my parents were in An Giang but I did not remember which commune. My parents sold me to a man named Tuan in Saigon when I was six years old. His inferiors trained me in two months to become a beggar.”

Asking Ti about the training method, the boy only spoke in a tiny voice: “They beat us by rattan switches until our legs lost sensation and limping. They did that to make us look pitiable.”

Through Ti, correspondents went to the nest of a beggar trainer named Binh, 56, in District 7. Binh is a ‘well-known’ ringleader in Saigon, which controls over 15 child beggars, including Ti.

Ti told correspondents that Binh’s inferiors usually ‘trained’ new beggars at 2pm. Through slits on the door, correspondents witnessed a man who ordered his two inferiors to use whips to ‘train’ four kids from 10 to 13 years old.

From the distance of 40m, reporters still heard the sound from whips. Kids cried and screamed painfully. One shouted: “Please don’t beat me any more. My leg has been broken.”

In early 2012, correspondents got acquainted with a beggar named Dung, 11, from Binh Phuoc province.

Dung said that a boy named Bo, 12, from Dong Thap province, was about to be turned into a real disable boy. According to Dung, Bo did not meet ‘standards’ set by his manager, Mr. Bac, in the last two months. Bac, who ran over ten beggars, threatened to break Bo’s leg or arm.

Correspondents told the information to a policeman, asking for help. However, a short time later, they met Dung again, who was walking with a limping boy. Dung introduced: “This is Bo.” Correspondents were shocked.

After that, they talked with many beggars in HCM City to find out cruel information about ‘beggar training centers.’

Pham Xuan Huy, 13, from Quang Nam province, said: “They trained us by whipping us with elastic bands or coming to blows.”

Hong, 11, from Ca Mau province, said: “They did not give any food to us for two days. Many beggars in my group had their heads shaved. They also beat to our genitals or forced us to eat pepper and salt if we did not bring in much money.”

Reporters saw Nguyen Van Ti again, after nearly one year. Ti said he was ‘promoted’ for two months, to be a ‘chim lon’ (barn-owl), who was in charge of watching over other beggars.

“If they (beggars) hide money, I will be the first who is beaten. I only wish to enter an orphanage. I could not stand this anymore,” Ti said.

The boy looked scraggy, dirty black while his hair was sunburnt.

According to correspondents’ investigation, beggar running rings recruit abandoned kids, orphans and homeless kids from neighboring provinces.

A hard war

According to a policeman in HCM City, the local police agency knew about beggar running rings but it is extremely difficult to investigate them because they moved very often. In addition, child beggars did not confess about these rings to police. HCM City police have recently broken several beggar rings.

Mr. Huynh Van Binh from the HCM City Children’s Right Protection Association said this was the first time he heard about beggar running rings. On behalf of the association, Binh asked relevant agencies to take drastic measures to put an end to this.

jackbl
30-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Need how long?? Give u 6 months ok? If u can do it, I will treat u to a drinking session, if not, U will be my personal tutor for TV. I will bring my book/SMSes out :D

Haha, you've got yourself a deal bro :D

Haosac, where are u? The time is due....:rolleyes:

KangTuo
01-07-2012, 01:13 AM

E muon nghe tien a noi chuyen. Tin hoi nay em nhan cho a, co dong y ra ruoc em ko?

master show power.... :)

AdGuy
01-07-2012, 01:24 AM

Em het tien tra loi ko duoc. Xin loi nge! E muon nghe tien a noi chuyen. Tin hoi nay em nhan cho a, co dong y ra ruoc em ko?

This should be... I want to hear your money talk. No money no talk!

jackbl
01-07-2012, 09:17 AM

Sorry, didnt correct 1 spelling mistake:

E muon nghe tiếng a noi chuyen.

jackbl
01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
master show power.... :)

Someone refers me to as "Copy & Paste" leh... You are great grandmaster! Always help ppl to translate, while I copy from internet :D

jackbl
01-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Not My First Vietnamese Wedding
==============================================
Columnist Richie Humprey takes a look on the differences between Vietnamese and American wedding styles.

Last weekend I was excited to attend what I thought was my first Vietnamese wedding. But when I arrive, déjà vu hits. I remember a time right after I moved to Hanoi over two years ago, a large dinner party for a couple who had recently been married. Now I’m realizing that “dinner party” was the wedding. I’ve since learned, most Vietnamese ceremonies of matrimony are attended by immediate family and close friends only. The wedding for everyone else is basically dinner at a banquet hall.

In Vietnam, cash is the only accepted wedding gift. The wedding invitation comes in a reusable, red envelope that doubles as a money holder. When I arrive at the wedding, I am greeted by the bride and groom who stand next to a cardboard house with a slot in the roof like a mailbox for red envelopes. In the U.S., many people (especially my people, the W.A.S.P.’s) feel uncomfortable giving cash. Etiquette requires guests buy something for the happy couple’s new life together, something useful like a microwave oven. Before the internet, it would not be uncommon for the bride and groom to receive four or five microwaves. These days, thanks to online wedding registries, friends and family choose from a pre-approved shopping list. With a few clicks of the mouse, the gift can be wrapped and shipped directly to the newlyweds. I’ll never forget the time I waited until the day before their wedding to check my friends’ online wedding registry. By that time, most items on the registry had already been purchased by other people. The few items left were expensive, and the only thing I could afford was the Silver-plated Toilet Brush. I had it gift wrapped for an additional $4.99 and was allowed to write a gift message up to 80 characters. Congratulations! May you always be joyful and happy, let your toilet be white and not crappy.

The funny thing about the whole wedding gift giving tradition in the U.S. is that most young couples actually just want the dolla-dolla-bills-yo. Fortunately for them, most gifts these days come with a gift receipt. So when the boxes from Potterybarn.com arrive, they are promptly returned for cash. Vietnamese is more direct than English. “Sorry to bother, but do you think you could possibly give my dear friend John a ride back to his house?” is properly translated to the equivalent of “Give John a ride - please.” And when it comes to wedding gifts, the Vietnamese bride and groom want Đồng, not a microwave. Here’s an envelope.

Traditional Vietnamese wedding ceremonies at the home of the bride or at churches are reserved for immediate family. But in U.S. weddings, it is expected that all guests go to the church for the ceremony, then on to the reception which includes cocktails, dinner, and dancing. Aside from everyone speaking Vietnamese, I don’t see many differences between the Vietnamese wedding and the dinner portion of an American wedding reception: white tablecloths, flowers, photos of the bride and groom, and a big sign in front with the names of the happy couple so you can make sure you’re in the right banquet hall. An MC announces the family and offers some witty opening remarks. The bride and her white gown enter the room, and everyone rises to take a photo. The father of the groom makes a toast, and dinner is served. They even have the same overcooked chicken I’ve enjoyed at countless American weddings. And that’s it. After the last course is served, I am surprised to see people make for the door. Wait, we can go home now? No dry wedding cake? No drunk Aunt Mildred making a scene? What about the Chicken Dance?

I’m not trying to make any statements on marriage. A celebration of two people’s love for each other is a beautiful thing, and I’m glad I went to this wedding. From a guest perspective, I like the succinctness of the Vietnamese wedding. You can drop off the red envelope, eat dinner, toast the bride and groom, and still make it home in time to watch the Euro Cup on TV. Everyone’s happy. Maybe the shorter Vietnamese style wedding celebration is one reason Vietnam recently ranked #2 on the HPI Happy Planet Index.

jackbl
01-07-2012, 02:33 PM
More Vietnamese millionaires, but income gap widens

The number of U.S. dollar millionaires in Vietnam as bright spots in the economy in last year’s first half increased by 33% from the previous year’s same period, but the dark side is that the rich-poor gap remains wide, according to the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM).

In a report on income gap reduction, CIEM cited results of a survey conducted by the wealth management firm Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management and the consulting firm Capgemini on U.S. dollar millionaires in Asia in the first half of last year.

According to official statistics of the Vietnam Stock Exchange, the number of U.S. dollar millionaire in Vietnam amounted to nearly 170 last year, with 100 richest people on the stock exchange holding assets worth over US$2 million each and two people meeting requirements of the US$100-million club.

“This is a good and encouraging signal after 20 years of renovation,” said CIEM in its report.

However, CIEM also cited a report of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs issued last year, saying that the number of poor households nationwide was one million, up 50% under the new poverty standards and accounting for 20% of the population.

This contrary picture reflects the economic growth going in line with negative effects, in which the income gap has become wider. In other words, according to the World Bank, the disparity between the rich and the poor in Vietnam has changed from being relatively small in 2002 to increasingly wider between groups.

The income differential between cities and regions has also turned clearer. Specifically, the average income per capital was around US$1,850 in Hanoi, US$3,000 in HCMC and US$2,350 in Can Tho last year.

Besides, the figure in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province in 2010 reached US$5,800, five times higher than the country’s average income at that time. While HCMC and Hanoi only set the income per capital targets of some US$4,800 and US$3,300 respectively in 2015, the target set by Ba Ria-Vung Tau is US$11,500, and even US$15,000 if inclusive of crude oil.

On the contrary, the income of poor provinces is very low, with only around US$900 per capita per year in Nam Dinh Province, over US$700 in Bac Kan Province, over US$400 in Quang Ngai and less than US$300 in Ha Giang Province.

SGT

KangTuo
01-07-2012, 02:43 PM
More Vietnamese millionaires, but income gap widens

i thought all vietnamese are millionaires
S$100 = vn$1mil

jackbl
01-07-2012, 03:00 PM
The number of U.S. dollar millionaires in Vietnam as bright spots in the economy in last year’s first half increased by 33% from the previous year’s same period

i thought all vietnamese are millionaires
S$100 = vn$1mil

People mention US$, u mentioned VND........... :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

KangTuo
01-07-2012, 03:24 PM
People mention US$, u mentioned VND........... :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

pardon me.... i cannot read the small text as my eyes are block with sperm :p
yestesday go HMB awhile but no release

jackbl
01-07-2012, 03:28 PM
pardon me.... i cannot read the small text as my eyes are block with sperm :p
yestesday go HMB awhile but no release

Tonight u need to see a female Bac Si with Y Ta liao.... Please book the appointment thru me ! :D

jackbl
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Let me do COPY & PASTE of a website giving out tips to learn simple vietnamese here :

Hello, how are you?
==================

Xin chào, (hello!)

Bạn có khỏe không?
You have healthy or not?

yep, that’s the Vietnamese version of “how are you?” They ask if you have health. If you do, you say

Tôi khỏe C̣n bạn?
I healthy How about you?

And just in case you are not well, you say

Tôi không khỏe lắm
I not healthy very

And here comes the quintessential “What’s your name?”

Bạn tên là ǵ?
You name is what?

Tên bạn là ǵ?
Name you is what?

They have at least 2 versions of asking you for your name, to which you have 2 choices of answering

Tên tôi là (your name here)
Name I is [your name here]

or

Tôi là (your name here )
I am [your name here]

At this point, you may want to say

Rất vui được gặp bạn
very happy to get to meet you

Pleased to meet you.

Or not so pleased, if you happen to find Vietnamese impossibly difficult (and you intend to quit after these short phrases).

And if you’re still here, in which case I feel rất vui, here are a couple of other things that may come up in the conversation:

Bạn sống ở đâu? Tôi sống ở (your place, neighborhood, country, etc.)
You live in where? I live in [your place, neighborhood, country, etc.]

Bạn làm nghề ǵ? Tôi là (look up a dictionary like Vdict.com for your occupation)
You work job what? I am (dictionary )

Có – Yes

Không – No

Xin lỗi (I’m sorry / Excuse me), I’m not being mean by not giving you a list of occupations in Vietnamese. Since there are so many occupations, it’s hopeless to try to cover everything. The next best thing, in my opinion, is a reliable Vietnamese-English dictionary.

I hope you had fun. Cảm ơn (thank you).

Rất vui được gặp bạn.

Tạm biệt và hẹn gặp lại!
Goodbye and see you again!

jackbl
01-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Simple Question
====================

Question: subject (+ có) + verb / adjective + không?

Answer: Có – Yes or Không – No

The word Không at the end of the question can be translated into “… or not?“

Bạn có hiểu không?
You understand or not?

Có. Tôi hiểu
Yes. I understand

Không. Tôi không hiểu
No. I don’t understand

Note:

(1) Do not use vâng or dạ (Yes) to answer a Yes/No question.

You say Vâng or dạ (Yes) when you respectfully agree with someone(who is older or has more seniority).

(2) adjectives are used without the verb - to be -

Phở có ngon không?
Noodle tasty or not?

Có (yes)
Không (no)

tomcat007
01-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Sorry, didnt correct 1 spelling mistake:

E muon nghe tiếng a noi chuyen.

I think you can be forgiven for making an omission after all the contribution to this thread you've made.

jackbl
02-07-2012, 12:37 PM
I think you can be forgiven for making an omission after all the contribution to this thread you've made.

The person ask for translation, and not for spelling correction. I'm doing more :D

tomcat007
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
The person ask for translation, and not for spelling correction. I'm doing more :D

What you're doing for him is even better than giving him the translation directly. If I had not known to look one word by one word, I would have thought the translation is "money talking" rather than hear his voice taklking, as someone has wrongly translated above.

jackbl
02-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Working as hired learners – students’ new way of making money
================================================== ===========

VietNamNet Bridge - Going to school to fulfill contractual obligations prove to be a risky job for students. However, they can bring the sums of money big enough to help students live and continue studying.

The ad pieces about learning services flooding the websites show the high demands from both service providers and users.

“I can attend school on behalf of others, if the schools are located in the inner city. It would be preferable if these are baking & finance or economics classes. The service fee is negotiable, about 300,000 dong a month. I am 19 years old, now a second year university student. The service is excellent. Please contact Meosuttc23@...,” an ad piece reads.

The service users are the young girls, who have to go to school but also have to stay at home to take care for children, or the pets, who only like playing and do not like going to school. They need to have someone who can be present at the roll call, do exercises for them. As such, the hired learning service has come out.

Do Thi Mai, former student of the Trade University, said she still has not found a job over the last three years. However, Mai still can live well in the city and bide her time, because she has a good job.

Every day, Mai goes to school, but not to study for herself, but for others to make money. Mai regularly receives good orders and can earn the sums of money big enough to feed herself. Especially, the income is so good that Mai now does not think of looking for another job that fits her trained major.

Mai can earn 3 million dong a month, the income equal to the monthly salary of a new officer with university degree. Mai receives so many orders that she passes the opportunities to her friends, so that they can stay in the big city to look for suitable jobs.

Hired learners can live well in Hanoi, because lecturers do not remember names and faces of their students. Therefore, service providers just need to be present at the roll call and stay there until the lessons finish.

Meanwhile, other students can earn money with a very easy job – working as sham tutor. Minh Thu, a student of the Labor Union University, related that she is private tutoring to an 11th grade student. Quy, the learner, told Thu that she does not have to attend private tutoring hours, but asked Thu to come to see her every day, just to do home exercises for Thu.

“My parents force me to have extra learning hours. But I feel too tired of learning. If you disclose the truth, I would tell my mother to sack you,” she threatened.

Thu accepts the proposal of the student, coming to see the student every day to do exercises for Thu and get salary at the end of every month.

Thu knows that the job is risky for her. If one day the secret is discovered, she may be sued for cheating. However, Thu has no other choice, because she needs money to feed herself to stay in the big city, where everything is expensive.

Professional hired learners whisper in each other’s ears that it would be better to get orders from high ranking officials or businessmen, because they are rich and can pay high.

The people want to follow training courses to obtain more degrees to polish their images. However, as they are holding important positions at their agencies and businesses, they are always very busy and do not have time to attend school. Therefore, they would rather to spend money to hire someone to attend school for them.

Thu Thao

jackbl
02-07-2012, 12:46 PM
What you're doing for him is even better than giving him the translation directly.

Lidat u think i shd be rewarded???? :D :p ;)

jackbl
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Licensing scam puts paid students behind the wheel
================================================== =======
Hundreds of students have been taking driver’s tests across Ho Chi Minh City, and then handing their new licenses over to a recruiter who changes the names on the cards and sells them to motorbike drivers, according to a Tuoi Tre investigation.

The ring leader, a man named Cuong in his early 20s, pays students VND100,000 (US$5) per license, which he then sells for ten times higher, at VND1 million.

Tuoi Tre reporters met Cuong on the morning of May 6, as he was directing ten test-takers at the Tan Phu driver training and testing center.

“Remember to study for the theory part of the test, I will not pay those failing the exam,” said Cuong, who comes from central Quang Nam province but now lives in Tan Binh District. “After completing the test, come meet me in front of the gate to get your money. Don’t make a noise or else all of us will be exposed.”

To get to Cuong, one must go through a recruiter like Hieu, who had taken the test several times for Cuong and then went on to enlist college students to sit the exams.

Through one of the recruits, Tuoi Tre reporters reached Hieu by phone on April 25, when he told them to submit photos and a copy of an ID card.

“We take care of all procedures and pay related fees for you to take the test,” Hieu said. “After passing the test, just take the money and leave, we will take your licenses.”

The ID cards are meant as a safeguard to keep the scam from being uncovered.

“This ring has operated for nearly six months,” Hieu said the next day, as he was collecting the documents in the Tan Binh Industrial Zone. “Cuong will not forgive if you leak information about us.”

Much of the operation takes place by SMS.

After turning in their papers, recruits received an SMS from Cuong. He said he would vet the candidates and then let them test twice a week after their first successful exam.

He later texted them the date and time to show up for a test. After the assessment, he texted them where to meet to collect payment.

One student, going by the initial M, said, “I have sat the test for nearly two years and gotten 20 driver’s licenses for Cuong.”

As for buyers, they receive their forged licenses a couple weeks after paying Cuong, who targets workers in industrial and export processing zones, as well as those who are too busy to take the test.

The division that oversees the testing, under the city’s Department of Transport, said these licenses are fraudulent.

tomcat007
02-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Lidat u think i shd be rewarded????

I reward by not saying you "Copy & Paste" King lor.... :p:p

ilovedoggie
03-07-2012, 01:13 AM
I hereby would like to document one of the most epic chain of sms-es that I have received from a vb:

xl da lp. dug lp mjh nua,cam on nhjeu

beh.hom nay k dj lam.dj choj vuj k? sap ve vn roj. k co thoi jan noj chuyen voj nguoj k wen

xl thoj jan wa da lp a. t ngj mjh k can thjet phai dt nhau nua.cm on a nhug ngay wa. lan nay vet se dj han k con gap a dc.hay sog tot va xem nhu chua tug wen. dug xem nguoj khac la tro du a nua hay tjm aj do tot va ket hon dj, nhug chua tug dj wa se jet a j rt nhju ng k tot.

chua bjt. djh ve lay ck. k mun lam tro dua nua. xoa hjt moj thu dj.

a nen noi nhug loi nay voi ngkhac thi tot hon. boi vi trai tim e k the y va tin ki ai het. e han tat ca kon trai va e mun tra thu doi a se k sog lau o ben e. hay dug lai dug luc se jup a co cs tot

ng do k con sog nua. da bj xe dug chet roi. nhug e thi k the y ai nua. e chag con sog bao lau nua. cuoc doi e k con j dau dug dt e nua. e k mun a beh jog e.

e bi HIV a co dam k? nguoi mag dau kho cho e chet roi nhug e thi phai doi dien cs nay. e han dan og han tat ca moi thu j e con tre tai sao lai khien cuoc doi e toan mau den. nhug noi a den k tot dau

dug noi nhug loi nay voi e. a k hiu kon ng e dau tu luc biet a e da gat a rat nhiu. that ra e cug ban trai di lam cog ty nhug ata beh HIV toi luc e bit thi a ay nam trong beh vien hap hoi roi. e moi bo wa day lam. cho nen bay jo e can tien k can tinh nua. a bit HIV la beh j k? gd k ai bit e beh hit.

a ngi e dag dua ha. e k phai nhu a thay dau. a co hoc a cug nen bit HIV la beh j chu. a k thay e bi noi man do ht ng ak.a can e cho a xem jay xet nghiem mau.

I basically do not really get what those in REDS.

i receive this in the middle of the night from the tallie vb. maybe shes drunk? maybe i nvr give money so she come out with some crap story to avoid me? story many many? or maybe it's true?

Truth or dare?

p/s: i haven't up her yet.:D

casannova03
03-07-2012, 02:54 AM
I hereby would like to document one of the most epic chain of sms-es that I have received from a vb:

xl da lp. dug lp mjh nua,cam on nhjeu

beh.hom nay k dj lam.dj choj vuj k? sap ve vn roj. k co thoi jan noj chuyen voj nguoj k wen

k wen = ko quen = don't know/stranger(nguoi ko quen)

xl thoj jan wa da lp a. t ngj mjh k can thjet phai dt nhau nua.cm on a nhug ngay wa. lan nay vet se dj han k con gap a dc.hay sog tot va xem nhu chua tug wen. dug xem nguoj khac la tro du a nua hay tjm aj do tot va ket hon dj, nhug chua tug dj wa se jet a j rt nhju ng k tot.

xem nhu chua tug wen= xem nhu chua tung quen= see like haven ever know

chua bjt. djh ve lay ck. k mun lam tro dua nua. xoa hjt moj thu dj.

a nen noi nhug loi nay voi ngkhac thi tot hon. boi vi trai tim e k the y va tin ki ai het. e han tat ca kon trai va e mun tra thu doi a se k sog lau o ben e. hay dug lai dug luc se jup a co cs tot

dung lai=to stop; dung lat=:confused: dung lai dung lat = stop and dun owe each other???

ng do k con sog nua. da bj xe dug chet roi. nhug e thi k the y ai nua. e chag con sog bao lau nua. cuoc doi e k con j dau dug dt e nua. e k mun a beh jog e.

e bi HIV a co dam k? nguoi mag dau kho cho e chet roi nhug e thi phai doi dien cs nay. e han dan og han tat ca moi thu j e con tre tai sao lai khien cuoc doi e toan mau den. nhug noi a den k tot dau

doi dien= to face/confront

dug noi nhug loi nay voi e. a k hiu kon ng e dau tu luc biet a e da gat a rat nhiu. that ra e cug ban trai di lam cog ty nhug ata beh HIV toi luc e bit thi a ay nam trong beh vien hap hoi roi. e moi bo wa day lam. cho nen bay jo e can tien k can tinh nua. a bit HIV la beh j k? gd k ai bit e beh hit.

a ngi e dag dua ha. e k phai nhu a thay dau. a co hoc a cug nen bit HIV la beh j chu. a k thay e bi noi man do ht ng ak.a can e cho a xem jay xet nghiem mau.

I basically do not really get what those in REDS.

i receive this in the middle of the night from the tallie vb. maybe shes drunk? maybe i nvr give money so she come out with some crap story to avoid me? story many many? or maybe it's true?

Truth or dare?

p/s: i haven't up her yet.:D

See above in blue that i think i know...others dunno liao...super short-form!! see lia headache...

Generally, i think she wants u to stay away from her la...knn u still truth or dare...HIV lei:eek:...dunn play play hor...if she wanna lie let her be lor....dun play with your life .....Since u haven up her then stay away la....many other VBs out there bro!;)

jackbl
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Love potion’s effect
==========================

VietNamNet Bridge – VND1 million ($50) to draw the husband back to his family and to make him love his wife forever is dirt cheap, so Ms. Le Thi Huong in Hanoi rushed to buy a love potion.

Like VietNamNet’s reporter, Huong knew about love potions through advertisement on the Internet. The woman, who runs a small grocery in Hoang Mai district, called the seller, the man named Hung, right after she read the small ad.

Huong said she needed the love potion immediately in order to solve his family matter.

Huong’s husband is a construction engineer. Several years ago, he worked for a construction project in Son La province. When the project finished, he returned to his family in Hanoi.

Huong thought that after several years living far from home, her husband’s return would make the family happier. However, they quarreled everyday.

Huong had a feeling that her husband committed adultery with somebody. She began to secretly inspect his cell phone and hired a detective to follow him. Her feeling was correct.

Huong did not know how deep was his love to that girl but whenever they had argument about the husband’s extramarital relations, the man always upheld his paramour. He gradually neglected Huong. Huong said that without a magic, she would divorce.

After receiving ‘love potion’, Huong immediately mixed it with coffee and gave the drink to her husband, a coffee addict. The man did not suspect, drank the cup of coffee up.

After that, she roasted her husband’s dirty underwear for seven consecutive days, at the guidance of the love potion seller. Whenever the man left home, Huong roasted his dirty underwear in a pan.

However, seven days passed but Huong did not see any change from her husband. The man kept coming home very late, seeing his paramour and quarreling with his wife.

Huong thought she was cheated so she called the love potion seller, who had committed that if the potion does not work, he will return the money. However, Huong could not contact him.

She told VietNamNet’s correspondents about her case and called the potion seller again by the cell phone of a reporter. This time he answered immediately.

When Huong complained that the potion did not work, the man explained with a tired voice: “I know nothing about it. I only heard from others about its effectiveness so I sell it.”

“I’m so tired. Many people called me recently. From now on, I will not answer strange numbers. I will also not sell love potions. I’m so tired!” he said.

jackbl
03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
To Be or Not To Be – Là
==============================

Là = to be. Since there is no verb conjugation, là = are, is, am

Note: do not use là with adjective – the sentence structure with adjective is

subject + (không) + adjective

To make the sentence negative, add không phải là (no): subject + không phải là + object

Tôi là Thảo
I am Thảo
Chị không phải là học sinh
I am not student

Question: subject + có phải là + object + không?

Answer: Phải - Yes or Không phải - No

Đây có phải là hoa hồng không? Phải
This is rose? Yes
Anh có phải là anh Ba không? Không phải
You are anh Ba (a person’s name)? No

Honey Boon
03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
no wonder.... ear itchy itchy this morning :D:eek:

Someone refers me to as "Copy & Paste" leh... You are great grandmaster! Always help ppl to translate, while I copy from internet :D

Bluboi
03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Hi all bros..

Received this when i was chatting with a vb lately..

Had no idea and google translation comes out funny..

Would like to seek help from the pros here..

Msg as follows :

bạn có về nhà tôi để tôi biết đón bạn?

Anybody have any idea?

Many thanks 😊😊

Hurricane88
03-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Msg as follows :

my try -

have you reach home so that I know you arrived?

KangTuo
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi all bros..

Received this when i was chatting with a vb lately..

Had no idea and google translation comes out funny..

Msg as follows :

Anybody have any idea?

Many thanks 😊😊

translate word by word... this msg go "dao ge", shld be easy to find

you got go back my house let me know fetch you

Bluboi
03-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi bro Kangtuo,

Kudos to you...Reli many thanks for your efforts

Yup.. I tink that's the closest to what she's trying to say..

Tried google search for "dao ge" translation but nothing comes out.

Is it an app or something?

jackbl
04-07-2012, 12:20 AM

We mostly dun do freelancing here..... We engage the services of PROS only. :D

The sentence construction is very lousy :p

jackbl
04-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Parents splashing out money to send children to foreign summer camps
================================================== ================

VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnamese parents now can spend thousands of dollars to buy the tours abroad for their children or send them to foreign summer camps, which they believe can help the children improve foreign language skills and become more dynamic.

Bui Hong Chuyen in Dong Da district said that she would go to bank today to withdraw money and pay 32 million dong to book a trip abroad for her daughter. The destination would be a summer camp in Singapore in late June.

Chuyen said that the summer camp gathers the students aged 12-17. Joining the program, the girl would be able to experience a practice period at a state owned school in Singapore with two learning subjects of math and English. Besides, the girl would also attend the lessons which help improve the skills of working in team and have the sightseeing tours.

“I believe that after returning from the one week camp, her English would be better and she would behave boldly in speech,” Chuyen said, adding that she could see the considerable improvement in the English skills of a neighboring boy, who also attended a foreign camp last year.

Meanwhile, the sum of money Do Ngoc Tuan in Cau Giay district has to spend to send his son to a summer camp in the US is double. 66.6 million dong is the package fee for the attendance at the camp which lasts from July 15 to August 4.

“I have never been to the US, but I really want my son to go there, where he can learn something useful from a developed country,” Tuan said.

“The most important goal of the trip is the opportunity to practice English. Besides, he can also see with his eyes the way of working and thinking of the US people,” he continued.

Sending children abroad to practice English and become dynamic has been in fashion in Vietnam. High income earners would not regret thousands of dollars to spend on the trips which they believe are useful for the children.

Nearly all children in big cities now attend foreign language courses, because their parents believe that they need to be prepared soon for their future jobs. A lot of parents organize private tutoring classes for their children, run by American and British teachers. In general, such courses are much more costly than the courses with Vietnamese teachers.

Vietnamese parents now understand that it would be better to have native speakers as the teachers for their children. Especially, going abroad to practice English has become the choice of many well-off families.

Having realized the high demand for going abroad to attend summer activities plans, a lot of institutions have been set up which specialize in designing and organizing outbound tours for students.

In HCM City, the Hoan My Tourism Company has launched specific outbound tours for families (parents and children). The tours have been designed in the way that can entertain children and students. The small tourists would have the opportunity to visit the famous destinations in the US, where they can entertain themselves.

The HCM City Youth Union has announced the summer camps “Sky 2012” with the two destinations in Vietnam and Singapore, reserved for the students aged 14-25. The summer camps aim to help practice English and other social practice skills, which encourage children’s creativeness.

A trip to the summer camp in Phan Thiet, Vietnam would cost 2.9 million dong, while a trip to Singapore on July 27-August 1 would cost 750 dollars, or 15 million dong.

Children also have another choice of participating in the 27th Songdowon international children summer camp in Wonsan and Pyongyang, which costs 1980 Euro.

jackbl
04-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Where to go to learn life skills?
=========================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Vietnamese parents and students now have many choices for the training courses on life skills. Well off families can send their children to overseas summer courses, while others can bring their children to domestic summer camps.

Big changes have happened in Vietnamese parents’ thoughts. Instead of trying to stuff in their children’s heads with as much as possible knowledge, they now want their children to learn life skills to get adapted to circumstances.

Especially, a lot of parents, who once studied and worked in developed economies and received the western education, believe that it would be better to teach children the method of thinking and the life skills, instead of too much knowledge, because knowledge is inexhaustible, and it’s is impossible to teach all the knowledge of the mankind.

Doan Thanh Huong in Hai Phong City said that her son has just returned from a summer course in Singapore which was organized by Apollo English Center. The boy was very excited about the trip, saying that he could practice English and participate in many interesting activities.

“I wish I could have stayed there for one month,” the boy said. The mother feels happy about the trip of the son, because she believes that summer is not the time for lessons, but the time for play.

Huong Thuy, Director of the Huong Thuy Trade Company in Hai Phong City, said she can update information about the girl’s trip to Singapore every day, and she feels happy about the interesting trip of the little girl.

Nhi, the girl, suffered the nosebleed twice, but this turned out to be not a big problem. The girl then received careful treatment from accompanied officers. Especially, Nhi was shown the way to stop bleeding and compress with cold water. Nhi was also advised to drink much water and reminded her to put a bucket of water in her room in the evening to ease the dryness of the air.

A lot of summer training courses have been organized by schools, life skill and youth education centers recently.

The Thien Hung Overseas Study Consultancy Firm has launched two overseas training programs, which cost 28 million dong and 47 million dong for the two-week courses in Singapore and Malaysia, respectively.

VUS has launched the programs on training life skills and English communication skills in Singapore. The service packages and the service fees vary, depending on the duration of the training courses.

The children to attend the one week course in Singapore, commenting from July 8, would have to pay 1650 dollars, while the two week course, from June 24, would cost 2650 dollars. Parents would have to pay 3650 dollars, or 77 million Vietnam dong, for the three week trips to Singapore (2 weeks) and then to Malaysia (one week).

77 million dong is really a too big sum of money for many parents in Vietnam, where those, who can earn 10 million dong a month would be listed as “high income earners.”

Therefore, the parents, who cannot afford expensive overseas training course, would choose domestic courses. Vu Quang Viet, a state agency officer, has registered a training course at Cleverkids education center in Hanoi for his son. The total fee for the training course, according to Viet, is 4.5 million dong, affordable to many parents.

The attendants would participate in sports activities, learning to swim, learn life skills such as using knives, helping parents do housework. They can also learn what to do in case of fire or flooding and visit the craft villages and historical sites in Hanoi.

Source: VTC

vietboy
04-07-2012, 12:55 AM
We mostly dun do freelancing here.....

yes, no such thing as free lunch. so bluboi, u own us beer for the translation. :p

jackbl
04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Chit-chat in my eyes
===========================

Chit-chatting has become a hard-to-break habit of most Vietnamese. It has some benefits, such as reducing our stress, helping us socialize better and get more relationships. Moreover, it is an effective way of getting and exchanging information. But when people chit-chat too much, especially in the wrong place and at the wrong time, it does more harm than good. Here are some examples:

Recently I had a chance to attend a meeting of the teenage contestants in a competition held by a foreign teacher. The contestants were selected students from a very famous high school in HCM City. It was actually a class, an interesting one, and at the beginning we all participated very enthusiastically. But after a while, there was a part in which each and every of us would share our own thoughts, and some students who had finished their part turned and talked to each other while others were presenting their ideas.

The teacher at first tried to them ignore because she thought that they would stop soon. But as the talk went on and on, she eventually lost her temper and tried the best to be polite, she “shhhhd” them, told them to keep quiet and even had to say: “ Please pay attention!”
They actually did stop, but just for a moment, and then started chatting again. I guess they do not know that such thing can leave a bad impression about Vietnam that could hardly be erased from the foreigners’ mind. I suddenly remembered some of my dad’s stories I’d been told, in which some foreigners jokingly concluded conversations with a phrase which sounds mocking to us: “Only in Vietnam!”

In some meetings attended by both Vietnamese and foreigners, some Vietnamese, including and especially some V.I.Ps, keep “whispering” constantly with the person sitting next to them. The foreigners are surprised at such manners and they can’t help but be pissed off with them. The funny thing is, those people are exactly the future version of the teenage contestants mentioned above. Not to mention the fact that in meetings that include only Vietnamese, that not-so-nice behavior happens even more often and also more “naturally”, without any hesitation or embarrassment, because everyone does it!

I remember there is a saying that goes: "…Actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny." So if we don’t want to be a bad-mannered person who everyone else thinks of as an uncivilized man/woman, we should fix that habit right away.
Talking during such inappropriate times is not a habit of just a few people, but of a majority of Vietnamese, from teenagers to adults, from students to people in high position, and is spreading like a disease and it seems that day after day, they are becoming more familiar with it. Not everyone has this habit, but when most Vietnamese do it, the foreigners will surely form a misconception that such bad manners are local custom. While trying to build a good image about Vietnam in foreigners’ eyes, we should not forget such hard-to-accept behaviors, however minor they might be…

jackbl
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
15 Vietnamese cuisines nominated as Asian records
================================================== =========

VietNamNet Bridge – Pho (noodle), cha ca La Vong (fried fish), bun cha Hanoi (vermicelli and grilled chopped meat), banh da cua Haiphong (rice pancake with crab soup) … are among Vietnamese cuisines that are nominated as Asian records.

The list of nominees include: Pho, bun cha, cha ca La Vong, bun thang Hanoi (vermicelli and chicken soup), banh da cua Haiphong, com chay Ninh Binh (rice crust), mien luon Nghe An (vermicelli with eel soup), bun bo Hue (vermicelli and beef), mi Quang (noodle), pho kho Gia Lai (dry noodle), banh canh Trang Bang (rice spaghetti), banh khot Vung Tau (rice cake with shrimp), goi cuon (summer roll), com tam Saigon (cooked broken rice with grilled pork) and banh cong Soc Trang (rice and green bean cake with shrimp).

The list will be sent to the Asian Record Organization for consideration in September.

The Vietnam Record Book Center (Vietkings) has made the list after making surveys of hundreds of cuisines throughout the country and cuisines in 57 Asian countries.

Out of 57 Asian countries and territories, Vietnam is praised to have a unique and diversified culinary culture.

Philip Kotler, the founder of modern marketing, suggested that why doesn’t Vietnam try to be called “the world’s kitchen,” while China has become “the world’s factory” and India has become “the world’s office.”

Gastronomy is a significant factor to attract foreign tourists to Vietnam. So far this year, Vietkings has implemented a campaign to advertise Vietnamese gastronomy and specialties through seeking regional and world records for Vietnamese cuisines.

vietnamese1989
04-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi every body , begin today i will translate vietnamese word for people , I living at vietnam , and next month i will come singapore for summers holiday so i also want to train english word better , i hope people will help me english , ok ? tks , all!:)

vietnamese1989
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
hi every body , i am newbie

vietboy
05-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi every body , begin today i will translate vietnamese word for people , I living at vietnam , and next month i will come singapore for summers holiday so i also want to train english word better , i hope people will help me english , ok ? tks , all!)

hi every body , i am newbie

Welcome welcome! Welcome u to sing too! :)
Sure, we can help u on english but u have to help us on tieng viet too! :)
May i or rather we know are u a guy or girl? :D
How u come to find our forum?

I also a newbie. :D

jackbl
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi every body , begin today i will translate vietnamese word for people , I living at vietnam , and next month i will come singapore for summers holiday so i also want to train english word better , i hope people will help me english , ok ? tks , all!:)

Thanks vietnamese1989 for your offer to help! Tell us more about u and your summer holidays!

jackbl
05-07-2012, 10:58 AM
A Human Outlook On Prostitution
========================================
394 members of the National Assembly (69%) have voted to approve the abrogation of the practice of forcing sex workers into rehabilitation centers . This is considered to be a new human outlook on the issue of prostitution from the Legislative Body.

In reactions to this decision there are two opposite streams of opinion: pro-abrogation and anti-abrogation.

We agree with the explanatory report of the chairman of the National Assembly legal committee : “ The abrogation of the practice of forcing sex workers into rehabilitation centers aims at modifying the irrationality that these sex workers are forced into the centers even if they don’t contract a disease. In fact, the practice of forcing sex workers into rehabilitation centers is not appropriate to the name, as well as the substance, of this administrative measure…Furthermore, this practice is so severe that it is not able to ensure that justice will be done.”

According to the current law in force, the law on handling administrative violations is applied for people who are found guilty of prostitution, therefore the administrative measure should be practiced appropriately to the degree of violation. They should not be isolated or deprived from their lawful civil rights. The current practice of this administrative measure applied for sex workers has already led to many negative consequences : On one hand, by forcing sex workers into rehabilitation centers, imperceptibly, prostitution is criminalized, while it is not a crime. On the other hand, the practice of this measure seemingly has no effect. In fact, the sex workers who have prostituted themselves to earn their living will prostitute themselves again after leaving the rehabilitation centers. When they get caught, they will be forced into the rehabilitation centers again and the circle will continue.

Apparently, prostitution is a prolonged social phenomenon. Its function is dominated by the law of supply and demand, hence, no country in the world is capable of abolishing it totally. However, in our opinion, it can be constrained for the good of the community by focusing on the two following things:

One, we should explore the competence, the needs and the expectations of sex workers and those who are at risk of falling into prostitution. Thenceforth, we can offer them vocational training courses and loans to help them earning their living legally.

Two, we should enhance propaganda and educational activities for both sex workers and their customers about safe sex, in order to constrain and prevent the infection of HIV/ AIDS, along with other sexually transmitted disease.

Besides, it is also necessary to mobilize social associations and non-governmental organizations into promoting direct communication activities to attract the attendance of sex workers in training courses on sexual health care ( including periodic health checks and how to avoid spreading HIV/ AIDS and other sexually transmitted disease to other people…), the skills to persuade their customers to use condoms and refuse the customers who have unsafe sexual behaviors.

Last but not least, medical personnel should also change their outlook on prostitution. In particular,, they should start changing their view on the treatment of sex workers to oneh no discrimination or differentiation.

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Welcome welcome! Welcome u to sing too! :)
Sure, we can help u on english but u have to help us on tieng viet too! :)

I also a newbie.

tks , i am boy :p i know this web by google , i knew this web so long but to yesterday i see this thread ,

i can know , what is ktv ? I don't understand . tks ,u

jackbl
05-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Here is an opportunity for newbie/basic level learners to try and translate this sms, a request from a member to me. Those regular translators(KangTuo, Vietboy,etc), please give the newbie a chance to learn. Let them try out then we correct their mistake....

I have break up the sentence word by word. If u really try to use vdict or google translate to find each word, you will get 95% the right meaning.

Em ve [viet nam] rat buon va rat nho anh nhieu lam, nhung em khong co tien mua ve qua tham anh.

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Thanks vietnamese1989 for your offer to help! Tell us more about u and your summer holidays!

I will go to sing with my friend in my company , we are buy and sell phone at vietnam , we will go to sing by jetstar airline , it so cheap :o

i will begin go to sing 1.8 and come back vietnam 7.8

ok i must go to my work now , i will tell for you while i go my house . bibi

tomcat007
05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Here is an opportunity for newbie/basic level learners to try and translate this sms, a request from a member to me. Those regular translators(KangTuo, Vietboy,etc), please give the newbie a chance to learn. Let them try out then we correct their mistake....

I have break up the sentence word by word. If u really try to use vdict or google translate to find each word, you will get 95% the right meaning.

Em ve [viet nam] rat buon va rat nho anh nhieu lam, nhung em khong co tien mua ve qua tham anh.

I counted newbie boh? Got the entire message meaning liao. Essentially asking for money in a subtle way... I kena many times roi.

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 11:19 AM

your girlfiend come back vietnam very sad and miss you so much , but her no money let to buy ticket go to sing visit u ;)

jackbl
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I counted newbie boh? Got the entire message meaning liao. Essentially asking for money in a subtle way... I kena many times roi.

If u are able to get the meaning without checking dictionary then u are not consider as newbie :) Cheers for your knowledge in Tieng Viet! Hope someone(maybe u) able to org a gathering for all senior tieng viet lovers :D

vietboy
05-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Hope someone(maybe u) able to org a gathering for all senior tieng viet lovers :D

U r the best person to org. :D

jackbl
05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
U r the best person to org.

Wah! U wan to arrow me is it??? If I org, u open 1 Tower ok???? :D :p

Honey Boon
05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
forever newbie reporting here .... :D

Hurricane88
05-07-2012, 01:47 PM
If u are able to get the meaning without checking dictionary then u are not consider as newbie :) Cheers for your knowledge in Tieng Viet! Hope someone(maybe u) able to org a gathering for all senior tieng viet lovers :D

count me in...but not oruguiniser...hehe...:)

jackbl
05-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Hope someone(maybe u) able to org a gathering for all senior tieng viet lovers

forever newbie reporting here ....

U too newbie liao, criteria not met :D If u wan to go, either u org or u must pass my TEST :p

jackbl
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I will go to sing with my friend in my company , we are buy and sell phone at vietnam , we will go to sing by jetstar airline , it so cheap :o

i will begin go to sing 1.8 and come back vietnam 7.8

ok i must go to my work now , i will tell for you while i go my house . bibi

OK thank. U busy u work. I go back my home, I will tell for u singapore is what. U no tell for me u a boy or a man. what u wan to do in sing.

jackbl
05-07-2012, 02:29 PM
your girlfiend come back vietnam very sad and miss you so much , but her no money let to buy ticket go to sing visit u

Thanks for the translation, mate! Since u in vn, can u give her some $$$ and let her buy a ticket to come and visit me??? :D :p ;)

jackbl
05-07-2012, 02:32 PM
This / that – đây/đó – cái này/cái kia
=========================================

Đây: this, these; here
Đó: that, those; there

Đây là Nguyễn
This is Nguyễn (a person’s name)
Đó là bầu trời
That is the sky

something + ở + đây/đó (here/there)

Bệnh viện ở đây
The hospital here
Bạn ở đó
You there

Cái này: this object, these objects

Cái kia, cái đó: that object, those objects

Cái này là cơm
This object is cooked rice
Cái kia là bún
That object is rice noodle

jackbl
05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Binh Phuoc: funeral spreads banknotes
=============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – At 8am of July 2, a convoy of hearses spread VND1,000 banknotes and votive papers on a 15km road in Binh Phuoc province.

Witnesses along the road said that relatives of the dead spread VND1,000 banknotes and votive papers along the 15km road from Thuan Phu 1 hamlet to Dong Xoai cemetery in Dong Phu district of Binh Phuoc province.

A lot of people, mainly kids, competed to pick up banknotes, ignoring vehicles on the road.

“Many people are still hungry but they spread real money on the road,” a witness criticized.

A local police officer said that spreading real money on the road is illegal. This act also causes environmental pollution and traffic chaos.

He added that the local government had also told local residents to not follow the customs of spreading votive papers at funeral processions. Violators would be strictly punished in the coming time, he added.

Colonel Hoang Van Hue, director of Binh Phuoc Province Police Agency, said that police would investigate the case.

In Vietnamese law, spreading real money at funeral procession is banned. However, the form of punishment for this act is still unclear.

Compiled by Mai Lan

vietboy
05-07-2012, 05:07 PM
tks , i am boy :p i know this web by google , i knew this web so long but to yesterday i see this thread ,

i can know , what is ktv ? I don't understand . tks ,u

Welcome to the TV lovers thread!

Ktv is what is also known as karaoke over in vn. But the ktv we referring to are those with co gai and they ban beer om. Hieu chet linh chua? Interested to go? Hjhjhj:D

vietboy
05-07-2012, 05:12 PM
your girlfiend come back vietnam very sad and miss you so much , but her no money let to buy ticket go to sing visit u ;)

Since u contributed, i shall help u improve yur Tieng Anh. :)

Your girlfriend go back vietnam very sad and misses you so much, but she no money to buy airtickets to go sing to visit you.

vietboy
05-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Wah! U wan to arrow me is it??? If I org, u open 1 Tower ok???? :D :p

1 tower at yur HG MB?

jackbl
05-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Hieu chet linh chua?

BTW do u know what is HIEU CHET LINH? See u use this phase very often....

Hurricane88
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM

care to explain?

jackbl
05-07-2012, 05:22 PM
1 tower at yur HG MB?

Anywhere! Depend on the final decision. Since u open 1 tower, u decide the place. I will help u look for NEW teacher :p

jackbl
05-07-2012, 05:25 PM

care to explain?

If u can answer within 10min, then u are classified as Senior Tieng Viet lovers :D

Hurricane88
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM
If u can answer within 10min, then u are classified as Senior Tieng Viet lovers :D

dun know ma that is why asked...anyway asked my long hair dict roi...understand the meaning...:)

vietboy
05-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Of cos if dun know why i use it. But let ur new vietnamese friend try explain so he can also improve his TA. :D

vietboy
05-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Anywhere! Depend on the final decision. Since u open 1 tower, u decide the place. I will help u look for NEW teacher :p

MB tower is cheaper. :p

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Ktv is what is also known as karaoke over in vn. But the ktv we referring to are those with co gai and they ban beer om. Hieu chet linh chua? Interested to go? Hjhjhj:D

so ktv will blowjob for me right ? :D

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 07:32 PM
hieu chet lien = understand die now ? hj

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the translation, mate! Since u in vn, can u give her some $$$ and let her buy a ticket to come and visit me??? :D :p

i will give her money if she is cute :D just kidding :p

vietnamese1989
05-07-2012, 07:47 PM
OK thank. U busy u work. I go back my home, I will tell for u singapore is what. U no tell for me u a boy or a man. what u wan to do in sing.

i am man , i only go to sing let relax after a year stress with my job . i thinking while to sing i will see girls china and thai :D

jackbl
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Of cos if dun know why i use it

Are u sure? Why not u translate it? If u know the meaning why u wan use it?

KangTuo
05-07-2012, 10:22 PM

wrong usage in the above...

hieu = understand
chet = die
linh (or lien)??= something like "straightaway"...

basically having "chet lien" behind a word, it means the opposite :)
hope i am correct....

vietboy
06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
so ktv will blowjob for me right ? :D

Usually its a no no for most ktvs. Not sure still have places that allow girls to do that in the rooms. Maybe others can provide more info on this? :D

Why i always see yur posts a few hrs later? I didnt see them when i log in at 8pm leh. :confused:

KangTuo
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Usually its a no no for most ktvs. Not sure still have places that allow girls to do that in the rooms. Maybe others can provide more info on this? :D

Why i always see yur posts a few hrs later? I didnt see them when i log in at 8pm leh. :confused:

there is still one ktv in jc that can have all kinds of jobs onside :D
got a thread and fr...

vietnamese1989 still under moderation

vietboy
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
hieu chet lien = understand die now ? hj

wrong usage in the above...

hieu = understand
chet = die
linh (or lien)??= something like "straightaway"...

basically having "chet lien" behind a word, it means the opposite :)
hope i am correct....

I remembered that actually there is no such phrase as "hieu chet lien chua?" as i always have used. Maybe i used it too frequently with my bxa n my sister in law n some of my friends jokingly that i used to it liao and actually forgot about it. :D

Like our vietnamese friend n KT have translated. Hieu chet lien means "totally dun understand".

Sorry bros for the 错误的示范. :D

vietboy
06-07-2012, 10:19 AM
there is still one ktv in jc that can have all kinds of jobs onside :D
got a thread and fr...

vietnamese1989 still under moderation

U mean that one next to jackbl's former HG? :D

Orr... No wonder. :)

vietnamese1989
06-07-2012, 11:03 AM

tks u , i see in this forum , have some topic , tell about v4 club , so in that have blowjob and thai girls ?:p

casannova03
06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
I remembered that actually there is no such phrase as "hieu chet lien chua?" as i always have used. Maybe i used it too frequently with my bxa n my sister in law n some of my friends jokingly that i used to it liao and actually forgot about it. :D

Like our vietnamese friend n KT have translated. Hieu chet lien means "totally dun understand".

Sorry bros for the 错误的示范. :D

yap.....Its actually a "reverse phrase". Like maybe I explain something to you then you reply with "hieu chet lien".

The literal meaning is "understand die now/immediately"....which in this case is to tell people that "i don't understand"....if i do understand i will die immediately...;);)

kaspa80
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
yap.....Its actually a "reverse phrase". Like maybe I explain something to you then you reply with "hieu chet lien".

The literal meaning is "understand die now/immediately"....which in this case is to tell people that "i don't understand"....if i do understand i will die immediately...;);)

That is a typical slang..used by vietnamese or by foreigners supposed to be funny. Yep,missed my six months working there..:) But my Vietnamese understanding is basic.

If any senior bros can come out with some nice Vietnamese idioms, i am collecting..with english translation of course related to ladies/girls cause it is funny to use..something like

ot nao ma ot chang cay gai nao ma gai chang hay ghen chong:D

Hurricane88
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
ot nao ma ot chang cay gai nao ma gai chang hay ghen chong:D

care to explain what is this means...:)

jackbl
06-07-2012, 06:42 PM

The literal meaning is "understand die now/immediately"....which in this case is to tell people that "i don't understand"....if i do understand i will die immediately...

Sorry bros for the 错误的示范.

So now u finally understand what that phase meant..... wrong usage + spelling mistake...... I also find that when u use that phase, it's rather ruth.

jackbl
06-07-2012, 06:51 PM
ot nao ma ot chang cay gai nao ma gai chang hay ghen chong

care to explain what is this means...

Give u a hint.

Ớt nào mà ớt chẳng cay; Gái nào mà gái chẳng hay ghen chồng.

If u are hardworking then the internet has alot of explaination :D I'm doing COPY & PASTE only. If I can do it, why nobody cannot? :D

Hurricane88
06-07-2012, 07:10 PM

my long hair dict said...
"chilly sure spicy n lady sure must get jealous"

vietboy
06-07-2012, 09:28 PM
tks u , i see in this forum , have some topic , tell about v4 club , so in that have blowjob and thai girls ?:p

Blowjob dun think so, thai gals yes and many. Viet gals also have.
U keep on asking about blowjob, seems u very like it. :D

vietnamese1989
06-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Blowjob dun think so, thai gals yes and many. Viet gals also have.
U keep on asking about blowjob, seems u very like it. :D

what dun ? i don't know this word ? dun :confused:

Pohchuan
06-07-2012, 11:09 PM

My singlish version intrepretation is:

Any kind of chilly where got no spicy one, Any type of girls where got no jealous for husband one.

jackbl
07-07-2012, 10:23 AM
"chilly sure spicy n lady sure must get jealous"

Any kind of chilly where got no spicy one, Any type of girls where got no jealous for husband one.

If any senior bros can come out with some nice Vietnamese idioms, i am collecting..with english translation of course related to ladies/girls cause it is funny to use..something like

ot nao ma ot chang cay gai nao ma gai chang hay ghen chong

Bro here already translate that out for u..... ;) Can u come out with more to challenge them? :D

jackbl
07-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Who can claim VAT refunds in Vietnam?
================================================== =

As of July 1, foreigners who leave the country through the two major airports, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City and Noi Bai in Hanoi, are eligible to be reimbursed 85 percent of VAT that had been taxed from goods they have purchased while the remaining 15 percent denotes bank fees.

This fulfills a decree the Ministry of Finance issued in April in an effort to boost sales. It stipulated that, to qualify for the 10-percent VAT refund, foreigners must present receipts worth at least VND2 million (roughly US$100) apiece.

VAT is paid back in Vietnam dong. Thus, foreigners are responsible for exchanging dong for foreign currencies. Payments are processed immediately after travelers complete refund declarations and invoice inspections at the airport.

Under the pilot program that runs until June 30, 2014, foreigners are required, upon purchase, to show their passport or immigration paper and in return, the retailer will provide them with a VAT refund declaration form that they then will check and sign in.

When they arrive at the airports, they will be required to present the document to the customs office.

At the VAT refund counter, they will be required to submit the original copy of a boarding pass for an international flight and the original copies of invoices and the VAT refund declaration form with the Customs office “checked” seal to get the VAT returned.

According to the Ministry of Finance, foreigners and overseas Vietnamese are both eligible for VAT refunds on purchases in local accredited stores with the ‘VAT Refund for Tourist’ logo.

However, those who are working for airlines are excluded from the refund scheme.

The duration of stay by foreigners eligible to claim the refund remains unclear.

Most Asean countries allow tourists to claim back the VAT paid on goods that they have bought in accordance with their own rules and regulations.

In Indonesia, visitors spending at least Rp 5 million (US$532) in local shops would be entitled to the cash-back incentive.

In Singapore, foreigners would have to spend at least SGD$100 (US$79) per invoice to get the 10 percent VAT returned.

In Thailand, the total amount needed for the VAT refund must not be less than THB5,000 ($158).

If the pilot program runs smoothly, Vietnam will not have to wait for two years as previously planned to begin applying the scheme on a large scale, VietnamNet quoted Hoang Viet Cuong, Deputy General Director of the General Department of Customs, as saying.

However, Cuong admitted to the newswire that there is always a big gap between will and implementation.

kaspa80
07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Bro here already translate that out for u..... ;) Can u come out with more to challenge them? :D

I want the seniors to help me to give a few funny ones so that I can keep for collection:D Any nice idioms especially related to girls/relationship/luv..you know something more on romantic line..it is boring just to say

anh yeu em or anh nho em..must be different..like in can tho

Cần Thơ gạo trắng nước trong
Ai đi đến đó, ḷng không muốn về
Nước phù sa là nước ḍng sông Hậu,
Đất lành chim đậu là đất Cần Thơ...there are some funny ones talking about ladies..but any brother care to relate with english explanation;)

vietnamese1989
07-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I want the seniors to help me to give a few funny ones so that I can keep for collection:D Any nice idioms especially related to girls/relationship/luv..you know something more on romantic line..it is boring just to say

anh yeu em or anh nho em..must be different..like in can tho

Cần Thơ gạo trắng nước trong
Ai đi đến đó, ḷng không muốn về
Nước phù sa là nước ḍng sông Hậu,
Đất lành chim đậu là đất Cần Thơ...there are some funny ones talking about ladies..but any brother care to relate with english explanation;)

cần thơ white rice , clean water
who go to there , heart don't want go back
alluvium water is water hậu's river
good earth , bird alight is cần thơ's earth .

i hope it right :)

jackbl
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
cần thơ white rice , clean water
who go to there , heart don't want go back
alluvium water is water hậu's river
good earth , bird alight is cần thơ's earth .

i hope it right

If u are not right, who is right? If a singaporean can translate vietnamese to english better than u, than where u stand???? :D :p

jackbl
09-07-2012, 02:10 AM
As lucky as SOE officials
================================

VietNamNet Bridge – The Government Inspectorate and the State Auditing Agency have recently inspected many State-owned enterprises (SOEs) and discovered their big debts. Though some SOEs operate at big loss but their officials still get promotion or have “safe landing.”

According to the Ministry of Finance’s report, SOEs” debts by the end of 2011 was estimated at VND415 trillion ($20.75 billion), equivalent to 18 percent of total banking loans.

Of the number, 12 State-owned groups accounted for VND218.7 trillion ($10.9 billion), including VND72.3 trillion ($3.61 billion) of the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) and the Electricity of Vietnam Group (EVN) with VND62.8 trillion ($3.14 billion).

Up to 30 out of 85 State-owned groups and corporations have the ratio of debt/own capital of over three times. That ratio is over 10 times for ten State-owned groups and corporations, such as the Industrial Corporation Group, the Traffic Work Construction Corporations 5, 8 and 1, the Army Petroleum Corporation, Thanh An Corporation and the Highway Development Corporation.

The average loss of SOEs is 12 folds over that of non-State enterprises.

Businesses have to borrow capital for development but at what level and who will bear responsibility? These questions are not answered clearly yet though it is regulated that if SOEs incur losses in two consecutive years, the heads will be dismissed.

Many chairs and CEOs of loss-making SOEs still get promotion or have “safe-landing”. The chair of a State-owned corporation who retired in 2011 is a typical example. This man was the chair and CEOs of the corporation for a dozen years. He was honored as the Hero of the Rovation Period. Until he retired and handed over his position to another official, the fact was out: his corporation owed several trillion dong (millions of USD). That corporation has tens of subsidiaries but for many years, several of them made profit.

Le Van Que, former Chair of the Song Doan Group, also left big debts before he retired in October 2011.

According to financial report 2009, this group owed over VND8.5 trillion ($429.2 million). It maintained operation by loans, including VND4.09 trillion ($204.5 million) of foreign loans, guaranteed by the government.

One year before his retirement, Que was reprimanded for his mistake related to a construction project on Pham Hung road, Hanoi, not for his group’s debts. This man is considered to have a “safe landing.”

The Ministry of Construction recently asked the government’s assistance to pay Song Da Group”s foreign debt worth more than VND3.3 trillion ($165 million), which was used to build Ha Long Cement Factory. This group and the Ha Long Cement JS Company failed to annually pay the debt and interest of Eur15 million. Since this factory began operating in 2009, it always incurred losses.

“In Vietnam, officials of SOEs are the luckiest. They enjoy most favorable conditions, from capital to land, human resources, etc. If they do their job well, they earn a lot of perquisite and get promotions. If their firms incur losses, the state will bear the loss. If their firms go bankrupt, they can still have “soft landing.” Their personal assets are not affected…,” an expert said.

EVN Group’s EVN Telecom got losses of VND4.5 trillion ($225 million) in 2010, equivalent to the total wage fund of the entire group. This firm has been transferred to Viettel group.

Until the huge debt was revealed, EVN”s Chair Dao Van Hung was dismissed. After several months, official punishment on Hung has not been determined.

Dr. Nguyen Dinh Cung, Vice Director of the Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM), said at a recent seminar that the current management structure of SOEs helps their subsidiaries avoid bankruptcy. SOEs are operating in the mechanism “enjoying profit and passing losses to the state.”

Dr. Nguyen Sinh Cuc from the General Statistics Office said that it is a must to define the masters of State-owed groups. Until now, the masters of the Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group (Vinashin) and the Vietnam Shipping Lines Group (Vinalines) have not been defined yet.

Dr. Nguyen Cuc from the Economics Institute said that a major reason for the losses of SOEs is SOEs’ goals are not concretized. In addition, SOEs has many masters.

Tien Phong

casannova03
09-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Experts pls help:D:

Cam jac khuya that yen tinh, su yen tinh den dang so nhu cang lam cho noi co don them buot ja... K the ngu vi noi nho a da diet k nguoi... Vi sao toi lai chap nhan canh kho nhu vay, co le toi nen cung ran hon de dinh doat cho so phan cuoc doi cua toi...co nen k??? Yeu hay k yeu- di hay k di...? Cau hoi ma toi can jai dap:((

vietboy
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Cam jac khuya that yen tinh, su yen tinh den dang so nhu cang lam cho noi co don them buot ja... K the ngu vi noi nho a da diet k nguoi... Vi sao toi lai chap nhan canh kho nhu vay, co le toi nen cung ran hon de dinh doat cho so phan cuoc doi cua toi...co nen k??? Yeu hay k yeu- di hay k di...? Cau hoi ma toi can jai dap:((

Another one taken from FB status? :D

I see liao 眼睛花花.

KangTuo
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Experts pls help

you have one at home to ask :D

jackbl
09-07-2012, 01:15 PM
you have one at home to ask

And many in FB :D :p ;)

Honey Boon
09-07-2012, 01:39 PM
simi Test? :p

U too newbie liao, criteria not met :D If u wan to go, either u org or u must pass my TEST :p

casannova03
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Another one taken from FB status?

I see liao 眼睛花花.

you have one at home to ask

And many in FB

yap...taken from FB status...

If can ask the one at home then i dun need post here liao right??:p hahaha....lai lei dun shy dun shy help me translate...I know a bit dun know a bit...

And now outside..no time to do word for word... who got time try try...maybe those i dun know u know.. then join together become sentence liao...;);)

情感王子
09-07-2012, 02:16 PM

I try but it is not an exact word for word translation. I hope the meaning is not lost through my translation.

feeling of late night is peaceful, peacefulness come awesomely like making one feel lonely just like a sharp pain in the skin... cannot be stupid because remember that you already gone... why i accepted to be in this difficult situation, is it I also try hard enough to grab my fate in this world... ought to or not to? love or not to love- go or not to go...? pray for me to bury my feeling.

Experts please correct my error

jackbl
10-07-2012, 09:00 AM
When men go to hospital for abortion
=============================================

VietNamNet Bridge – Being pregnant unexpectedly and having an abortion has become normal in Vietnam today. However, it is strange that most of people who wait in front of operation rooms are men.

At 8am, a lot of men were standing in front of the operation room in B2 building of the Hanoi Obstetrics Hospital. These people took their girlfriends and their sisters to do the terrible thing, but all of them looked phlegmatically. That motionlessness has reached an alarming level.

The operation room where abortion is conducted is in front of the sterileness consulting room. Capriciously, people come to one room in order to seek advice to have children while others go to the opposite room to give up their unexpected babies.

Does the hospital intentionally arrange these rooms this way as a warning for someone? However, people who come here for abortion seem to neglect it. The evidence is that those who were waiting for their girlfriends, their wives or their sisters calmly played games on their cell phones, read newspapers or spoke loudly on the phone.

The door of the operation room was covered by a cloth curtain. Outside people could hear the tinkling from metal tools, the groan of pregnant women and the doctors’ whisper to comfort patients. Each 15 minutes, a nurse carried a stainless steel basket out of the room. Sometimes, a woman got out of the room with pale faces and tears in their eyes.

Most of men who were sitting outside the room did not wear wedding rings. It means that the women who had abortion in that room were not their wives.

I sat down, next to a young man of around 20 who was playing games on his cell phone. The man turned to me and asked: “How many months?” “Two months. I don’t know what happens but she has been there for over 30 minutes,” I answered.

The young man said loudly: “Don’t be worried. No problem. Doctors here are very good!” “Do you come here with your wife or your girlfriend?” I asked him. He said coldly: “Not wife nor girlfriend. Just vegetable.”

I did not understand what is “vegetable” until it was explained by the young man. “Vegetable” are “booty” that men have after flirting girls for sex only. They like each other and see each other for sometime at hotels to have sex. That kind of girl is called “vegetable.”

Young men who are single and do not have girlfriends usually have sex with prostitutes. But they do not have a lot of feeling with prostitutes while they have to face disease threats. Seeking easy girls is much better. Prostitutes are called “dirty vegetable,” while easy girls are called “safe vegetable.” “Vegetables” can be pregnant.

“Vegetable” does not belong to anyone, so there is an unwritten law: anyone who makes a “vegetable” be pregnant, that man must take the “vegetable” to hospital for having abortion. But who knows who is the “father” of the fetus. Simply, the one who has sex with “vegetable” the last time.

Dangerous motionlessness

In the past, it was very bad if single women were pregnant. Recently, people were not as barefaced as they are today. They tried to hide if they were pregnant without marriage or they made their girlfriends pregnant and had abortion. Now, it is different. It is a small mistake for men to take their girlfriends to hospitals for having abortion.

A 12th grade boy from Hanoi’s Vietnam-Germany High School took his girlfriend, a classmate, to the Hanoi Obstetrics Hospital for having an abortion in his school uniform. His girlfriend had still made-up her face strongly and rubbed on perfume when she came to hospital for abortion. The most important thing that the boy was interested in is: “Service fees at this hospital are expensive, up to a million dong ($50). The last time I took my girlfriend to a private clinic on Giai Phong road, where the fees was a half. We must be careful after this time, otherwise we will go bust!”

Asking a man named Son, who came here with his girlfriend the third time that whether he was afraid if his girlfriend could not have baby again? The man calmly said: “Some friends of mine experienced four abortions, but they still had babies, but a little difficult. Anyway, we probably do not get married. If she does not worry, why do I have to?”

Also that morning, I met with a man from Chuong My district, Hanoi, who came here with the younger sister of his close friend. The man had been here twice with the girl, who was studying at a vocational training school. The girl lived in an inn with her brother. She was pregnant twice with two different men and both of them escaped their responsibility. The girl did not let’s her brother know and she did not have money, so she sought help from her brother’s close friend.

Numbers can talk

According to the latest statistics of the Vietnam Association of Family Planning, there are around 300,000 abortion cases annually of women at the age of 15-19, 60-70 percent of them being students.

In Hanoi, young people account for around 30 percent of the population and they account for over 22 percent of the abortion cases. With this record high number, Vietnam ranks first in Southeast Asian and fifth in the world for the ratio of abortion among teenage.

A doctor of the Hanoi Obstetrics Hospital, who wanted to be anonymous, said that the hospital has to perform dozens of abortion cases a day. Around 20 percent of patients are students. “Are they ashamed? No, not at all. It was in the past,” the doctor said.

The Hanoi-based National Obstetrics Hospital’s latest statistics reveal that of more than 5,000 abortion cases per year at this hospital, up to 30 percent of women were less than 24 years old.

Experts said that a large number of women went to private clinics for having abortions.

Though the threats caused by abortion has been diffused widely on the media but the number of abortion cases keep increasing. That is the manifestation of downgrading in lifestyle and morals. It is dangerous!

Nang Luong Moi

casannova03
10-07-2012, 12:38 PM
I try but it is not an exact word for word translation. I hope the meaning is not lost through my translation.

feeling of late night is peaceful, peacefulness come awesomely like making one feel lonely just like a sharp pain in the skin... cannot be stupid because remember that you already gone... why i accepted to be in this difficult situation, is it I also try hard enough to grab my fate in this world... ought to or not to? love or not to love- go or not to go...? pray for me to bury my feeling.

thks...some part did help me....:D

jf66312
10-07-2012, 01:54 PM
thks...some part did help me....:D

bro..u must have kc-ed the vb deep deep...so poetry... :D

casannova03
10-07-2012, 02:18 PM
bro..u must have kc-ed the vb deep deep...so poetry... :D

haha....I also dunno lei...but seems like I also a bit moved....must control must control....I think going to throw smoke grenade soon!! Moving into dangerous territory liao...:(

vietnamese1989
10-07-2012, 02:36 PM

can't sleep , it isn't must " can't stupid" :p

jf66312
10-07-2012, 02:36 PM
haha....I also dunno lei...but seems like I also a bit moved....must control must control....I think going to throw smoke grenade soon!! Moving into dangerous territory liao...:(

better throw the grenade soon ..if dun work, try flashbang...hehe... :p

vietnamese1989
10-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Another one taken from FB status? :D

I see liao 眼睛花花.

you can tell me know , at singapore , how much a day in hotel ? and some place relax ,and any tasty food , pls , tks u

vietboy
10-07-2012, 02:59 PM
can't sleep , it isn't must " can't stupid" :p

I cannot comment on TV, but i can help u on yur Tieng Anh.

It is "can't sleep", not "can't stupid".

casannova03
10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
better throw the grenade soon ..if dun work, try flashbang...hehe... :p

Wow...flashbang sound good!!:eek:

First you flash then you bang...and when she's still stunned, you run!!!:D:D

vietboy
11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
you can tell me know , at singapore , how much a day in hotel ? and some place relax ,and any tasty food , pls , tks u

Firstly correct english: Can you tell me, in singapore, how much is the hotel stay for a day? Also, please tell me which are the places to go for relax, any good and tasty food to recommend? Thank you.
Hope you are learning... :D If you have any part you do not know or understand, you can ask us.

What kind of hotel you are looking at? How much are you willing to pay for a day? Because there are many hotels, from kg co sao to 6 sao. Maybe you tell us your budget and we can recommend. If not, u can also check out www.agoda.com.

As for places to relax, you can go to the bars at the Marina BAy Sands Skypark. Its a little bit on the expensive side but the view is very nice. Another place to relax and drink is the bars at east coast park, its near the beach so after drink can go take a stroll along the beach. Many vietnamese girls say bien singapore dep. hahaha. Or u can go to the bars in Tanjong Beach in Sentosa. Many many more. Or u want can drink and see con gai vietnam, can go to pubs along Joo Chiat, want to see thai girls, go to thai discos, want to go see filipino girls go paramount shopping centre. If want to see thai, viet n filipinos girls all in 1 place, u can go orchard tower. :D

As for food, u can try our fried mee with cockles, char kway tiao. Chilli crabs, black pepper crabs, hainanese chicken rice, bak kut teh, satay n many more. :)

What else u need?

jf66312
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Wow...flashbang sound good!!:eek:

First you flash then you bang...and when she's still stunned, you run!!!:D:D

wrong wrong bro...first u get her to flash then u bang not the other way round...my body not man hunt material so normally i dun flash first... :p

KangTuo
11-07-2012, 12:26 PM
want to go see filipino girls go paramount shopping centre.

What else u need?

PSC still open? I thought pinoy shifted to BQ.

I would suggest...
hotel - Geylang area - many and cheapest rate in Sillypore.
relax - Geylang area - pubs, karaoke, coffeeshop etc to choose from
food - Geylang area - all the best food you can find in Sillypore

XXed
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM

I would suggest...

PSC gone already, Roxy side still around...

KangTuo
11-07-2012, 02:54 PM

this is what i know as well... they shift to CV and BQ for sometimes already... :D

vietboy
11-07-2012, 04:06 PM

this is what i know as well... they shift to CV and BQ for sometimes already... :D

I long time no go see see pinoy liao. So dun know it shifted to new HG. Anyway, pinoy not my cup of tea. :p

ilovedoggie
12-07-2012, 01:26 AM
What else u need?

I would suggest...

Our viet friend here might be looking for something foreign to him.

At G area, u can a variety of Thai Tom Yam from many different provinces (who cares anyway) at lor 18, 20. and some specially brewed Tom Kha Gay at 16. beside thai food at these lorongs, you may find some delicacies imported from China as well like Gong Bao Chicken, Sze Chuan spicy pot etc. and there are many more like Indo soto ayam, nowadays i even smell Myammar bamboo chute, or even the exotic Lao dunno-what food. G is wonderful place. You bet.;)

vietboy
12-07-2012, 08:20 AM
nowadays i even smell Myammar bamboo chute, or even the exotic Lao dunno-what food. G is wonderful place. You bet.;)

Really? Long time no go G area walk walk, dun know it changed so much, changed to multinational area. Can u bring me there see see n smell smell Myammar bamboo chute and the exotic Laotian food? :p

tomcat007
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Our viet friend here might be looking for something foreign to him.

At G area, u can a variety of Thai Tom Yam from many different provinces (who cares anyway) at lor 18, 20. and some specially brewed Tom Kha Gay at 16. beside thai food at these lorongs, you may find some delicacies imported from China as well like Gong Bao Chicken, Sze Chuan spicy pot etc. and there are many more like Indo soto ayam, nowadays i even smell Myammar bamboo chute, or even the exotic Lao dunno-what food. G is wonderful place. You bet.;)

Laos girls can be found with the Indon at GL 12. Then at the upper end of GL 10, got Cambodia ones.

KangTuo
12-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Laos girls can be found with the Indon at GL 12. Then at the upper end of GL 10, got Cambodia ones.

exoctic... :cool:
what time the food will be served?

Honey Boon
12-07-2012, 11:41 AM
i tot you are phoever? :p

exoctic... :cool:
what time the food will be served?

jackbl
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Going crazy with house numbers in HCM City
=================================================

VietNamNet Bridge – It is a big challenge for anyone, even for those who were born and grew up in HCM City--to find out correct addresses where they need to visit because of the chaos in naming roads Vietnam’s largest city.

Reel with street names

In the French-ruled period, most of roads in Saigon were named after French military officers and some famous French men like Alexandre de Rhoche or Pasteur.

After 1954, the southern regime changed road names after Vietnamese well-known men. However, the change of road names did not raise difficulty for anyone because street-name signs had two names, the large-sized names were the new, official names and the under, small-sized names were the old names.

Recently, many new roads with very odd names have appeared and naturally recognized by local people, for example “High Voltage” road, “Under Saigon Bridge Pier” road, “Along Japan Canal” road, “Road to Binh Dien Shopping Mall”, “Main Road of Ward 13”, etc. It is a big challenge for anyone, even people who were born and grew up in HCM City, to find a correct address in these new streets.

According to the HCM City Department of Transportation, around 60 percent of roads in the city are not named yet. No-name roads have caused a lot of troubles for local residents. As a result, they have named roads themselves. Surprisingly, local governments have naturally accepted these names and used them officially.

HCM City also has many wrong street names, which have not been corrected yet. Notably, wrong names are the names of well-known men in Vietnam’s history. For example, the “Lương Nhữ Học” road must be “Lương Như Hộc”, “Hồ Huấn Nghiệp” must be “Hồ Huân Nghiệp”, etc.

Many road names are wrong in spelling, for example: “Phạm Văn Xăo” (must be Xảo), “Ỹ Lan” (must be Ỷ Lan), “Nguyễn Bĩnh Khiêm” (must be Nguyễn Bỉnh Khiêm), Nguyễn Thương Hiền (must be Nguyễn Thượng Hiền), “Kha Vạn Cân” (must be Kha Vạng Cân”, etc.

Mr. Hai Cu, who has been living in HCM City for several decades and is a senior xe om (motorbike taxi) driver at the Mien Dong bus station, said that he knew Saigon streets like the back of his hand but many times he failed to find out house numbers for his customers.

He recalled: “Once a passenger from a central province asked me to take him to an address with clear house number and name street. We found that street but we could not find out the house with that number because house numbers on that street are numbered out of order. The street starts with big numbers and smaller ones but suddenly, house numbers are big again. There are also house numbers with “/”, which is used for houses on alleys. I surrendered and took my passenger to the local police station to ask for help.”

Chaos in house numbers is very popular in HCM City, especially in areas that are far from the city center. Some roads like Pham Van Chieu, Cay Tram, Thong Nhat, Quang Trung in Go Vap district, Xo Viet Nghe Tinh road in Binh Thanh district, CuuLong road in Tan Binh districts and several roads in District 8 have disordered house numbers. On these roads, there are houses with old numbers and those with new numbers and those with both old and new numbers. It is really a maze there.

The 11A Kindergarten on Cay Tram Road but its name sign is No. 846 of Quang Trung road. Facing this kindergarten is a house numbered 60/22 of Cay Tram Road. This house is between two houses numbered 44/25 and 90/56/30 of Le Van Tho Road.

HCM City in recent years implemented a project to change house numbers but this project has caused many troubles for local people.

HCM City to re-number houses

Under a new regulation on numbering houses, which took effect on June 10, 2010, residential areas where houses are numbered disorderly and houses on new roads will be numbered and re-numbered. People will have to pay fees of VND20,000-VND30,000 ($1.5) for new house numbers.

For houses in Districts 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, Phu Nhuan, Binh Thanh, Tan Binh, Go Vap, Hoc Mon, Binh Chanh and Cu Chi, houses will be numbered on the rise from east to west, south to north.

Houses in the residential area on the left bank of the Saigon River (District 2, 9 and Thu Duc) will be numbered on the rise from west to east, south to north. Houses in District 7, part of District 8, Binh Chanh and Can Gio will be numbered on the rise from east to west, north to south.

According to the HCM City Department of Construction, the city has adjusted more than 1.2 million house numbers since 1998. Around 100,000 house numbers must be re-named, mainly in Districts 7, 9, 12 and Binh Tan. The agency said this task will be finalized in two years.

Tran Chanh Nghia

jackbl
13-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Chinese clinics are liars
================================
After reading the articles you sent to me about the Chinese clinics there are several ideas that come to my mind: The Chinese clinics are probably licensed as traditional Chinese medicine clinics, which has different regulations than a normal clinic. They then appear to have been offering services of a "normal" healthcare clinic, and this is what the authorities have rightly realized and taken action upon, after the complaints from patients.

The real victims here are the patients, who placed trust in a medical professional who ultimately brought dishonor to a respected profession.

The expectation when somebody visits a doctor is very high. Patients trust doctors, tell them about their problems, and suggest honest solutions because the medicine is the art of healing, and the doctors are the artists. But the patients were unfortunately victims of imposters only interested in getting as much money as possible from their patients, seemingly putting the health of the patient at risk.

Usually a doctor should explain real risks and treatment outcomes to a patient, and these are never 100%. It seems that patients are being lied to with unbelievable outcomes promised, for diseases in many cases cannot be cured (such as Hepatitis B).

It does not matter who runs the clinic - Chinese, Korean, German or French. Any clinic which does not offer clear explanations of a diagnosis, or clear cost prior to treatment, is breaking the law, and the health authorities have laws to deal with it strictly.

Dr Claudio Duek practices at Family Medical Practice HCMC at the Diamond Plaza Building, 34 Le Duan Street in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.

KangTuo
13-07-2012, 11:06 AM
recieve sms from a vb in vn out of no where...

vb - e pun...e snghi toi muon tung dau ra roi :(
kt - e snghi j ma buon nhu vay?

sms her afew more, no reply call her she don't pickup... she sms saying she don't want to talk now.. she wanted to be alone for awhile.

awhile later, she sms me saying she go drink beer, will not bring handphone along. I sms her saying I suppose to have dinner but no mood to eat and won't sleep while waiting for her to get home.

vb - E coi an ji dy nhe, e di nhau chac a so lo lang, e se dem dt. co j se goi dt a
kt - a ve toi nha kg co j an. kg ngu dc
vb - a lam e lo lang
kt - btrua a an r, gio kg an kg sao. e lam a lo lang thi co

after she get home...
vb - eya
kt - aye
vb - a chua ngu ha
kt - 2 con mat a con bu lam
vb - e ve toi nha r, khuya r, chuc e ngu ngon
kt - e met kg? gio e sin hay tinh?
vb - so e la nhu vay. e chan ghet csong nay
kt - phai csong j moi kg chan?
vb - e chi muk 1 canh duy nhat do la chet. jo e chi hon 1 ng an may ngoai duong thoi.
vb - e jo con co nha, co an dc, uoc j e co 1 can benh, 3 thang nua la chet
vb - luc do e se snghi lam j co y nghia cho cuoc doi nay
kt - troi. sao a gap nh con gai vn cing noi chan csong va muon chet?
vb - jo e muk chet thoi
kt - con gai vn ai cung muon chet? a thay nh nh ng kho hon e
vb - e pit nhiu ng kho hon e
vb - a pit kho nhat do chinh la ji kg. do chinh la kho tam
kt - oh
vb - can benh mak e chet. do chinh la kho tam
kt - csong nay co j lam e kho? co j lam e snghi muon chet?
vb - gd kg the la cho dua cua e. nguoi e that long thuong thi cung kg the
vb - chi co a.p khoc cung a, pun cung e
kt - a cung khoc cunge, pun cung e. csong nay co nh chuyen buon cung co nh chuyen vui
vb - e kg co chueyn vui. a tin kg
kt - a kg tin. gd e tot voi e.. chi la e rat muon co tu do nen e snghi di ve gd e, o nha e giong o tu, kg co ai thuong e
vb - a muk snghi nhu zay thi tuy. e kg muon noi nhiu va gthx
kt - ok. a kg noi. a chi muon cho e bit csong nay e phai snghi chuyen vui... nhu vay se song dc vui
vb - noi dc nhung lam dc theo loi noi cua a hay kg la 1 chen
kt - luc a li di voi vo sing r a mat tat ca, a buon lam ma a kg snghi muon chet, a lam lai csong cau a.
vb - e kg co tat ca
vb - a muon lam lai tat ca cuoc song cua... nhung con duong di la j. e kh bjo muk lam gai. e kg thx ai om
kt - con duong di la j chi co e bit dc. e co the chon nghe khac lam
vb - e pit la nhu the. phai tat ca chi dung loi noi mak cthe giai quyet tat ca thi tot bit may
kt - e chon nghe nay r, e lai cthay buon... e snghi a co vui kg?
vb - e muk kiem tien nhanh nhat de cthe tu lo cho minh va dung so tien do de lam ji do
kt - a kg muon noi nh, a chi h vong 1 ngay e dc lam nghe khac va lam nghe e thich.
vb - neu e lam luong thien thi den khi nao e moi du so tien de lam an day
vb - su that phu phan qua
vb - nghe noi 2 tu lam gai... a bit e cam ntn kg?
vb - nhuc... nhuc kinh khung
kt - a bit.. ma e muon kien dc tien nhanh de lam j
vb - e muk buon ban cai j do
vb - nguoi nao cung can 20.000 hay 50.000 ha. con so e can 5000 vnd
vb - e co tien e kg thx o sg
vb - e ci tien chi muk ve duoi we song 1 cosng an nhan thoi. o sg bon chet. e thay so tat ca moi thu
kt - bn tien moi du tien di ve we o?
vb - e kg hiu e dau. zay la a thay e giong nh ng con gai kia. chi pit xai tien thui chu ji
kt - giong nh con gai vn chan csong vn?
vb - thoi thoi a kg hie dau. E chan sg kg chan vn
kt - ok. tp pun
vb - e muon bo tat ca moi thu. kg muk nhin thay ji het. kg nt noi r..
kt - oh..

i call her talk talk talk..

1) anyone can hep to translate the highlighted words?
2) anyone can understand what is in her mid?

casannova03
13-07-2012, 11:49 AM

vb - e pun...[COLOR="Red"]

You level so high also dun understand how can we understand?:p:p

jf66312
13-07-2012, 11:59 AM

kt - e snghi j ma buon nhu vay?

sms her afew more, no reply call her she don't pickup... she sms saying she don't want to talk now.. she wanted to be alone for awhile.

awhile later, she sms me saying she go drink beer, will not bring handphone along. I sms her saying I suppose to have dinner but no mood to eat and won't sleep while waiting for her to get home.

vb - E coi an ji dy nhe, e di nhau chac a so lo lang, e se dem dt. co j se goi dt a
kt - a ve toi nha kg co j an. kg ngu dc
vb - a lam e lo lang
kt - btrua a an r, gio kg an kg sao. e lam a lo lang thi co

after she get home...
vb - eya
kt - aye
vb - a chua ngu ha
kt - 2 con mat a con bu lam
vb - e ve toi nha r, khuya r, chuc e ngu ngon
kt - e met kg? gio e sin hay tinh?
vb - so e la nhu vay. e chan ghet csong nay
kt - phai csong j moi kg chan?
vb - e chi muk 1 canh duy nhat do la chet. jo e chi hon 1 ng an may ngoai duong thoi.
vb - e jo con co nha, co an dc, uoc j e co 1 can benh, 3 thang nua la chet
vb - luc do e se snghi lam j co y nghia cho cuoc doi nay
kt - troi. sao a gap nh con gai vn cing noi chan csong va muon chet?
vb - jo e muk chet thoi
kt - con gai vn ai cung muon chet? a thay nh nh ng kho hon e
vb - e pit nhiu ng kho hon e
vb - a pit kho nhat do chinh la ji kg. do chinh la kho tam
kt - oh
vb - can benh mak e chet. do chinh la kho tam
kt - csong nay co j lam e kho? co j lam e snghi muon chet?
vb - gd kg the la cho dua cua e. nguoi e that long thuong thi cung kg the
vb - chi co a.p khoc cung a, pun cung e
kt - a cung khoc cunge, pun cung e. csong nay co nh chuyen buon cung co nh chuyen vui
vb - e kg co chueyn vui. a tin kg
kt - a kg tin. gd e tot voi e.. chi la e rat muon co tu do nen e snghi di ve gd e, o nha e giong o tu, kg co ai thuong e
vb - a muk snghi nhu zay thi tuy. e kg muon noi nhiu va gthx
kt - ok. a kg noi. a chi muon cho e bit csong nay e phai snghi chuyen vui... nhu vay se song dc vui
vb - noi dc nhung lam dc theo loi noi cua a hay kg la 1 chen
kt - luc a li di voi vo sing r a mat tat ca, a buon lam ma a kg snghi muon chet, a lam lai csong cau a.
vb - e kg co tat ca
vb - a muon lam lai tat ca cuoc song cua... nhung con duong di la j. e kh bjo muk lam gai. e kg thx ai om
kt - con duong di la j chi co e bit dc. e co the chon nghe khac lam
vb - e pit la nhu the. phai tat ca chi dung loi noi mak cthe giai quyet tat ca thi tot bit may
kt - e chon nghe nay r, e lai cthay buon... e snghi a co vui kg?
vb - e muk kiem tien nhanh nhat de cthe tu lo cho minh va dung so tien do de lam ji do
kt - a kg muon noi nh, a chi h vong 1 ngay e dc lam nghe khac va lam nghe e thich.
vb - nhuc... nhuc kinh khung
kt - a bit.. ma e muon kien dc tien nhanh de lam j
vb - e muk buon ban cai j do
vb - nguoi nao cung can 20.000 hay 50.000 ha. con so e can 5000 vnd
vb - e co tien e kg thx o sg
vb - e ci tien chi muk ve duoi we song 1 cosng an nhan thoi. o sg bon chet. e thay so tat ca moi thu
kt - bn tien moi du tien di ve we o?
vb - e kg hiu e dau. zay la a thay e giong nh ng con gai kia. chi pit xai tien thui chu ji
kt - giong nh con gai vn chan csong vn?
vb - thoi thoi a kg hie dau. E chan sg kg chan vn
kt - ok. tp pun
vb - e muon bo tat ca moi thu. kg muk nhin thay ji het. kg nt noi r..
kt - oh..

i call her talk talk talk..

your no2 emo again? :D

i think she is lonely...need your love... hehe...

KangTuo
13-07-2012, 12:58 PM
You level so high also dun understand how can we understand

no la... i still need help for translation

again....come sillypore go back vn always emo.
not only emo on being num2 but also emo on other things... family, work, money. family can support her and good to her but she want freedom and don't want to be forced into arranged marriage. all her friends "lam gai"... so she also kana influnced alot. family forced her out after they know she "lam gai" and got close to a married man....

jf66312
13-07-2012, 01:38 PM
no la... i still need help for translation

again....come sillypore go back vn always emo.
not only emo on being num2 but also emo on other things... family, work, money. family can support her and good to her but she want freedom and don't want to be forced into arranged marriage. all her friends "lam gai"... so she also kana influnced alot. family forced her out after they know she "lam gai" and got close to a married man....

always tough to find balance between freedom & marriage...
tough on you now then...she gotta decide for herself soon....
how is her gd fren? :p

KangTuo
13-07-2012, 05:02 PM
more sms from the vb that make me blur...
she was given a briefing at her potential work place, then she sms me..

vb
lai la dang noi muc luong ntn
luong thap qua
kg ai chiu lam
tien luong thap
dang muk nang luong

kt
e kg chiu lam o do r ha?

vb
e chua bit nuk
nhuc dau wa

anyone to help explain the highlighted part.. so many occurance of "luong"..

KangTuo
13-07-2012, 05:04 PM
You level so high also dun understand how can we understand?

i wonder where lovesprout is now...:confused:
he expert also..

vietboy
13-07-2012, 06:28 PM

Root of all troubles: $$$...

jf66312
13-07-2012, 06:51 PM

vb
luong thap qua
kg ai chiu lam
tien luong thap
dang muk nang luong

kt
e kg chiu lam o do r ha?

vb
e chua bit nuk
nhuc dau wa

could the luong mean luon meaning always..

KangTuo
13-07-2012, 07:08 PM
could the luong mean luon meaning always..

no. she write luon as lun...

casannova03
13-07-2012, 08:47 PM

vb
luong thap qua
kg ai chiu lam
tien luong thap
dang muk nang luong

kt
e kg chiu lam o do r ha?

vb
e chua bit nuk
nhuc dau wa

kg ai chiu lam = nobody wants to work?

I think high chace luong = luon....sometimes they short form until they confused also...use multiple shortform and no standard for one word...seen before..

vietnamese1989
14-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Firstly correct english: Can you tell me, in singapore, how much is the hotel stay for a day? Also, please tell me which are the places to go for relax, any good and tasty food to recommend? Thank you.
Hope you are learning... :D If you have any part you do not know or understand, you can ask us.

What kind of hotel you are looking at? How much are you willing to pay for a day? Because there are many hotels, from kg co sao to 6 sao. Maybe you tell us your budget and we can recommend. If not, u can also check out www.agoda.com.

As for places to relax, you can go to the bars at the Marina BAy Sands Skypark. Its a little bit on the expensive side but the view is very nice. Another place to relax and drink is the bars at east coast park, its near the beach so after drink can go take a stroll along the beach. Many vietnamese girls say bien singapore dep. hahaha. Or u can go to the bars in Tanjong Beach in Sentosa. Many many more. Or u want can drink and see con gai vietnam, can go to pubs along Joo Chiat, want to see thai girls, go to thai discos, want to go see filipino girls go paramount shopping centre. If want to see thai, viet n filipinos girls all in 1 place, u can go orchard tower. :D

As for food, u can try our fried mee with cockles, char kway tiao. Chilli crabs, black pepper crabs, hainanese chicken rice, bak kut teh, satay n many more. :)

What else u need?

thank you , i am learning to you , first i want found a hotel to be
air-conditioner in room , and large . I want to go electron center buy anything , after i will go to some bars , restaurant , i see in this forum have report v4 club , what have in v4 club ? girls only sing and drink with me ? we can ôm girls ? or girls will blowjob for me in v4 club ? i see some people in forum talk about v4 club , in that have bar , karaoke , and hotel ?

KangTuo
14-07-2012, 12:38 AM
kg ai chiu lam = nobody wants to work?

I think high chace luong = luon....sometimes they short form until they confused also...use multiple shortform and no standard for one word...seen before..

cam on
the one you translates is easy....
anyway i already get a teacher from gl to explain to me

luong is correct.... its "salary"
muc luong is something like grade/level

vietnamese1989
14-07-2012, 12:56 AM

vb
luong thap qua
kg ai chiu lam
tien luong thap
dang muk nang luong

kt
e kg chiu lam o do r ha?

vb
e chua bit nuk
nhuc dau wa

lương = salary , lương = money

tiền lương thấp = few salary money

jackbl
14-07-2012, 04:54 AM
tiền lương thấp = few salary money

tiền lương thấp=low salary :D

FoxBoy
14-07-2012, 12:50 PM
thank you , i am learning to you , first i want found a hotel to be
air-conditioner in room , and large . I want to go electron center buy anything , after i will go to some bars , restaurant , i see in this forum have report v4 club , what have in v4 club ? girls only sing and drink with me ? we can ôm girls ? or girls will blowjob for me in v4 club ? i see some people in forum talk about v4 club , in that have bar , karaoke , and hotel ?
maybe u can tell us what is your budget for hotel ? that will be much easier for recommendations to suit you...most hotels in singapore are air-conditioned n with hot water so you dont have to worry about that... large room ? take a look at this link, picture speaks a thousand words http://www.hotels.online.com.sg/singapore-hotels-cost_less_than_100.asp geylang hotels are budget class, but still comfortable enough if you are not too particular about class :)

if u looking more for sex n drinks, then staying around geylang is the best for you.... its literally a "shopping centre" filled with lots of action n u will be spoiled for choice..

looking for electrical products ? computers / laptops etc ? u can try sim lim square (about 15-20mins away from geylang) or i personally recommend mustafa also not far from sim lim sq (24hours shopping centre with basically everything u can find except sex) :cool:

from geylang lor 3 to geylang lor 44, you can see bars, restaurants, ktvs, prostitute house, coffee shops, internet cafes, massage parlours, all you want to find are all there... :D if you miss vietnam food or vietnam girls, lor 40-44 have some actions there... joo chiat road (10mins from geylang) also have plenty of vietnam taste

V4 is at macpherson windsor hotel, about 10 mins away from geylang.... V4 is a thai disco with live band, you will see thai girls dancing, singing & drinking... you want those thai girls to have sex/blowjob for you, its going to be very difficult because they dont sell. its more of a fishing game that takes alot of time n money. if u really want to go take a look, be prepared to spend 100-200 minimum n expect nothing in return except a "thank you ka" from those lovely thai girls :rolleyes: do you have an interest in thai girls ? theres a few (legal)prostitute house with thai girls along lor 8 n 18, $50 for 20-30mins sex n bj may be included. there are still other houses with girls but im not familiar to recommend.

KangTuo
14-07-2012, 02:00 PM

typo error...
e snghi toi muon no tung dau ra roi

according to a teacher in gl, it means think till head gonna burst
no tung = something like cooking food.i.e pop corn.. grow bigger and bigger till bursting out

jackbl
14-07-2012, 03:50 PM
typo error...

according to a teacher in gl, it means think till head gonna burst
no tung = something like cooking food.i.e pop corn.. grow bigger and bigger till bursting out

nổ tung = Blow up

Word by word translation:

I think till want blow up head out already.

So ur teacher is right! Pls pass me the teacher's contact so that I can consult when I have difficulty :)

jackbl
14-07-2012, 03:56 PM
vb
dang muk nang luong

Wonder what the dang in each sentence means :confused:

KangTuo
14-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Wonder what the dang in each sentence means :confused:

huh??? how cum you asked such question? :confused::eek:
you think toooo much la

KangTuo
14-07-2012, 06:15 PM
So ur teacher is right! Pls pass me the teacher's contact so that I can consult when I have difficulty :)

i intro you another vb whose chinese is very good... can give you better lesson
you had showed interest in her before... you still interested?

she tried so hard to come sillypore see you... you cannot bo chap her right :p

KangTuo
14-07-2012, 10:03 PM

any bro managed to understand and can help translate this part?

typo error... is "co tien".. have money..
this sentence i know liao..

jackbl
15-07-2012, 09:47 AM
any bro managed to understand and can help translate this part?

If I work low salary then till when I have enough $$$ to earn's one living(hv her own biz) here?

vb - su that phu phang qua
Really very harsh(tough)!

jackbl
15-07-2012, 09:51 AM
i intro you another vb whose chinese is very good... can give you better lesson
you had showed interest in her before... you still interested?

she tried so hard to come sillypore see you... you cannot bo chap her right :p

Give me her contact then I call her to chitchat :)

KangTuo
15-07-2012, 11:18 AM

If I work low salary then till when I have enough $$$ to earn's one living(hv her own biz) here?

cam on TV master jackbl...
i see no reply, yesterday night i yahoo my parabx to explain and translate in hanyu pinyin for me liao

:)

casannova03
15-07-2012, 03:25 PM
cam on TV master jackbl...
i see no reply, yesterday night i yahoo my parabx to explain and translate in hanyu pinyin for me liao

:)

very good!! I also learned new words and meanings from these msgs!! ;);)

KangTuo
15-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Give me her contact then I call her to chitchat :)

give you already hor... up to you to perform now

KangTuo
15-07-2012, 11:43 PM
very good!! I also learned new words and meanings from these msgs!! ;);)

and also learn to understand what the VBs are thinking... :p
when are you sharing your sms with vb?

jackbl
16-07-2012, 01:13 AM
and also learn to understand what the VBs are thinking...when are you sharing your sms with vb?

All those sms too simple for him so no need to ask :D :p

KangTuo
16-07-2012, 10:06 AM

translation by parabx..
Ru guo wo zuo hao hao de gong Then ji shi wo gou qian

Sự thật rất phũ phàng
Her mean like that "Có nghĩa là Sự thật không giống như ḿnh nghĩ"

what a good teacher.. :p

chiongster16
16-07-2012, 10:42 PM
E nho a nhieu e y a nhieu e bi benh roi

A ngu ngon di khung khung dien dien cua e e nho yeu a nhieu

Any bro can help with what does this means? Tried online translator but had weird answers.

Thanks so much!

volcano
16-07-2012, 11:08 PM
E nho a nhieu e y a nhieu e bi benh roi

A ngu ngon di khung khung dien dien cua e e nho yeu a nhieu

i miss u a lot i love u a lot i am sick now

u sleep well crazy/mad of me i miss love u a lot

ask ur gal not to write in short form the next time.if not u will be having sleepless nite if nobody surf sbf n translate for u.

btw...haizzzz,for this kind of messages,pls left ear in and right ear out....:)

Hurricane88
16-07-2012, 11:10 PM

ask ur gal not to write in short form the next time.if not u will be having sleepless nite if nobody surf sbf n translate for u.

u good mood ha...come here to do NS...:)

chiongster16
16-07-2012, 11:13 PM

Thanks so much,really appreciate the help! Sorry I am new with the language. Hope she will be fine though

volcano
16-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Hope she will be fine though

u better worry for urself first....:rolleyes:

volcano
16-07-2012, 11:18 PM
u good mood ha...come here to do NS...:)

raining n kena grounded at home...:(

so might as well do some good deed lor...:)