PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

chiongster16
16-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the guidance bros :)

ilovedoggie
17-07-2012, 12:17 AM
what a good teacher.. :p

all your teacher very hot but u nvr intro teacher to me de :(

jack intro his type of teacher but not my type.:(

KangTuo
17-07-2012, 08:09 AM
all your teacher very hot but u nvr intro teacher to me de :(

jack intro his type of teacher but not my type.:(

when did i ever have hot hot teacher?
mostly all green green cum first time leh

when you get to sit a vb, didn't they say "ge ge ni hao, wo di yi chi lai, wo kg yi geng ni zhuo ma" :)

jackbl
17-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Virginity sold in alleged sex ring run by teens
================================================
Two teenagers, including a 13-year-old, stand accused of forcing other teenagers to sell their virginity to wealthy men.

Police in Cao Loc District, in northern Lang Son Province said July 4 they broke up a child prostitution ring headed by two local girls, Hoang Thu Trang, 17, and Hoang Hong H., 13.

Investigators said Trang and H. trafficked five to seven elementary students between age 12 and 15.

Men reportedly paid VND10 million (US$500) to VND20 million (US$1,000) per appointment, while the two suspects pocketed two thirds of the cash.

Hoang Thu Trang has been charged with prostituting children, police said, but children under 14 are immune from prosecution.

All prositution is illegal in Vietnam.

jackbl
17-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Police summon client for buying teen’s virginity
================================================== =
Police in Cao Loc district in the northern province of Lang Son have summoned a wealthy man who allegedly paid for the virginity of a teen girl, a victim in a child prostitution ring headed by two local teenage girls.

The 14-year-old girl Ha Thanh X. from Yen Trach commune, who was forced into the sex ring, revealed the identity of a client.

She told investigators that in May, when she was going home after school, a friend asked her to hang out. After that, the pair went to the residential home of 17-year-old Hoang Thu Trang, who has been recently charged with prostituting children.

“When we arrived, Trang invited us in for water and then telephoned someone. After that, we got in a luxurious 7-seat car heading towards Lang Son city,” the teen girl recalled.

“That afternoon, Trang suggested that she take us to Hai Phong, and I agreed as if someone hypnotized me,” she added.

The victim said the car belongs to a man in his 40s who has a dragon tattoo on his leg, and she was forced to sleep with him at a room on the fifth floor of a hotel in Hai Phong that night.

Before taking away her virginity, the man had given her a white capsule. The following morning, he had sex with the girl once again and gave her wads of VND200,000 banknotes, though most of the cash was pocketed by Trang later.

Previously, on July 4, police in Cao Loc District said they broke up a child prostitution ring headed by two local girls - Hoang Thi Thu Trang and 13-year-old Hoang Thi H.

Investigators said they trafficked five to seven elementary students between age 12 and 15.

Men reportedly paid VND10 million (US$500) to VND20 million (US$1,000) per appointment, while the two suspects pocketed two thirds of the cash.

ilovedoggie
17-07-2012, 10:52 AM
when did i ever have hot hot teacher?
mostly all green green cum first time leh

when you get to sit a vb, didn't they say "ge ge ni hao, wo di yi chi lai, wo kg yi geng ni zhuo ma" :)

My experience with those who say such phrase in JC are all F-ups. Maybe I noob.:o

I prefer bro referral and group outing. Most economical + higher succes rate hjhj:D next person assigned with such honorable duty is JF!

casannova03
17-07-2012, 11:44 AM
and also learn to understand what the VBs are thinking...
when are you sharing your sms with vb?

All those sms too simple for him so no need to ask :D :p

Yap...true ...we get a view of their mindset as well when reading their messages...

I dun sms lei...too dangerous for me....;);)

kaspa80
17-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Sigh, this is so common until today. Virgins can still be obtained not only in Vietnam but in Cambodia as well for less than USD1k a pop. I know of many Koreans, Taiwanese and Japanese who are into this. Money rules this world.

Police summon client for buying teen’s virginity
================================================== =
Police in Cao Loc district in the northern province of Lang Son have summoned a wealthy man who allegedly paid for the virginity of a teen girl, a victim in a child prostitution ring headed by two local teenage girls.

The 14-year-old girl Ha Thanh X. from Yen Trach commune, who was forced into the sex ring, revealed the identity of a client.

She told investigators that in May, when she was going home after school, a friend asked her to hang out. After that, the pair went to the residential home of 17-year-old Hoang Thu Trang, who has been recently charged with prostituting children.

“When we arrived, Trang invited us in for water and then telephoned someone. After that, we got in a luxurious 7-seat car heading towards Lang Son city,” the teen girl recalled.

“That afternoon, Trang suggested that she take us to Hai Phong, and I agreed as if someone hypnotized me,” she added.

The victim said the car belongs to a man in his 40s who has a dragon tattoo on his leg, and she was forced to sleep with him at a room on the fifth floor of a hotel in Hai Phong that night.

Before taking away her virginity, the man had given her a white capsule. The following morning, he had sex with the girl once again and gave her wads of VND200,000 banknotes, though most of the cash was pocketed by Trang later.

Previously, on July 4, police in Cao Loc District said they broke up a child prostitution ring headed by two local girls - Hoang Thi Thu Trang and 13-year-old Hoang Thi H.

Investigators said they trafficked five to seven elementary students between age 12 and 15.

jackbl
17-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I dun sms lei...too dangerous for me....;);)

U just called and make appointment and finished the deed??? Short and sharp, no hand tail :D :p

casannova03
17-07-2012, 11:56 AM
U just called and make appointment and finished the deed??? Short and sharp, no hand tail :p

Haha...see...you too long never drink with me liao...;)

Nowadays, its about enjoying the companionship of young vbs around uncles like me...Its no longer about firing and firing liao...:)

Dunno how long never go range liao lor...hehe;)

KangTuo
17-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I prefer bro referral and group outing. Most economical + higher succes rate

and you can xnn you are good guy...

Yap...true ...we get a view of their mindset as well when reading their messages...

yes, read deeper than the sms so that we know how to handle and xnn...

U just called and make appointment and finished the deed??? Short and sharp, no hand tail

shorter and shaper method is go hai muoi bom pick and fire.

Dunno how long never go range liao lor...hehe;)

ya ya.. very long... 24 hour?

ilovedoggie
18-07-2012, 12:11 AM
and you can xnn you are good guy...

To be honest I am a good guy :) They know how hanh phuc, how am ap, how oan dinh to be by my side.

i only become xnn when they start asking for allowance or emergency money. :o

jackbl
18-07-2012, 12:18 AM
To be honest I am a good guy :) They know how hanh phuc, how am ap, how oan dinh to be by my side.

ổn định=stable

ilovedoggie
18-07-2012, 12:20 AM
ổn định=stable

thank u prof jack! my apology nvr check vdick. this is spelling i learn from the field.:o

jackbl
18-07-2012, 12:26 AM
this is spelling i learn from the field.:o

Dun learn from the field. Their TV worse than mine :D :p

KangTuo
18-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Dun learn from the field. Their TV worse than mine :D :p

so you upgraded to give proper tv lessons to the vb these days :eek:

KangTuo
18-07-2012, 07:50 AM
anyone know what sickness is "huyet trang"?

this vb say she drink too much beer and feel heatiness inside her body.
she think she "bi benh huyet trang" same as her friend.

jackbl
18-07-2012, 08:56 AM
anyone know what sickness is "huyet trang"?

she think she "bi benh huyet trang" same as her friend.

If I'm not wrong, huyet trang is vaginal discharge.

jackbl
18-07-2012, 08:57 AM

I dun dare, just that dun learn from the field. Some grammar no good, some spelling alot of mistakes, etc :D

jf66312
18-07-2012, 09:09 AM

she feeling horny???:p

KangTuo
18-07-2012, 10:43 AM

correct.. this one you also know :eek:
i google liao... :)

she feeling horny???:p

Huyết trắng ... Candida albicans.
not feel horny... but its a difficult period for the partner if he feel horny :)

jf66312
18-07-2012, 10:52 AM

not feel horny... but its a difficult period for the partner if he feel horny :)

haha...i see...em hieu roi..cam on anh... :D

Honey Boon
18-07-2012, 02:25 PM

she feeling horny???

i google liao...

haha...i see...em hieu roi..cam on anh... :D

Coca-cola pain? :D

XXed
18-07-2012, 02:31 PM

professor level liao :D

KangTuo
18-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Coca-cola pain? :D

coca-cola is red
huyet trang is white or yellowish

:)

jackbl
18-07-2012, 05:00 PM

As I told u, if u are a bit more hardworking, u can find in google.... :D ;)

jackbl
18-07-2012, 05:04 PM
professor level liao

Sorry, I'm no professor. Someone said I'm "cut & paste" or "copy & paste". So anyone also can do it :)

Seletar
18-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Sorry, I'm no professor. Someone said I'm "cut & paste" or "copy & paste". So anyone also can do it :)

I copy & paste also don't know, can teach me ?:p

jackbl
19-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Online Vietnamese bride market
======================================
Online marriage brokerage activity has become more popular and sophisticated with numerous websites opening in Vietnam and other countries like China to introduce Vietnamese brides to foreigners.

Dozens of Chinese websites have been opened and publicly operated to introduce Vietnamese girls to Chinese men.

They use a wide array of promotional tricks to lure customers. For instance, the tagline ‘We are the most prestigious marriage brokers in Vietnam’. Some use the well-known Vietnamese song Beo dat may troi (Flowing duckweed, wandering cloud) for background music and post images of Ms. Vietnam winners on their home pages.

Their consultants are always available on hot lines or QQ, the most popular chat software in China, to serve customers.

“Vietnamese brides are obedient and will never run away unless they are beaten,” a consultant nicknamed ‘deng’ said. Another, named ‘sa sa’, advertised that “We have plenty of brides for you to select.”

With a click, customers can choose their wives from among hundreds of prospective brides. Some websites even have forums for the grooms-to-be to comment on the women in both Chinese and Vietnamese.

Pinyin City of Guangxi Province is the center of the online Vietnamese bride market in China. Of the ten bride websites which are said to be the most prestigious in China, six have their head offices in Pinyin. The others are from Shanghai and Beijing, and Hebei Province.

While pretending to be men who are looking for wives, Tuoi Tre reporters received hundreds of consultations from these marriage brokerage websites.

Consultant Xiao Huang shared that the all-in price for a seven-day trip to look for a wife in Vietnam is about CNY36,000 (US$5,671).

Huang affirmed that his company would perform all the necessary services and procedures, including a wedding ceremony. A prospective groom will only have to present a certificate affirming that he is not married and some photos of his house.

“I guarantee that within seven days you can bring your bride home. All customers seeking wives via my company have been fully satisfied. Vietnamese brides are very obedient and will not disappoint you,” Huang said.

Some Chinese brokerage websites even provide fake addresses in Vietnam to increase their reliability. They also provide several Vietnamese phone numbers; Tuoi Tre dialed ten of them but eight were out of service.

After trying number 016556…, Tuoi Tre met a Vietnamese man named Mai from the Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap.

After the reporters talked about how poor they were and their desire to earn money to help their families, Mai revealed that his daughter had married a Taiwanese man. At the end of every year she returns to Vietnam to find girls for Taiwanese men.

When his daughter is not in Vietnam, Mai will take prospective brides to Ho Chi Minh City, where matchmakers named Gioi and Ha will bring them to a Chinese woman named Bao, according to Mai.

After asking carefully about the girls’ appearance, including the three major measurements, Bao takes them to District 10, where they do nothing besides tend their beauty and wait for Chinese men to choose them.

‘Changing hands’

A number of Chinese men have accessed these marriage brokerage websites to select Vietnamese brides, not for themselves but for other men in their country, in order to enjoy commission.

Two weeks after applying to be a potential bride, a Tuoi Tre reporter received a phone call from the HM marriage brokerage company telling her to be present at their office on a Saturday to meet a Chinese man. They said that he had come from Shanghai for business work and would also see some prospective brides during the trip.

The man, who was around 50 years old, saw the Tuoi Tre reporter and three other girls. He went around, took a good look at the girls, and said something to the company staff.

The reporter was then informed that he had chosen her for a friend from Guangxi, who would become her husband.

“Don’t worry, a lot of his friends demanding to get married. He has worked with our company to find Vietnamese brides for Chinese men for nearly two years,” a staff member said.

Websites put on fancy dress

Several Vietnamese companies have established websites supposedly for people to make friends, but actually provide marriage mediation services.

Tuoi Tre reporters sent an email to a company which introduced itself as one of the most popular website in Vietnam for women seeking foreign boyfriends. They were then told to visit the company in the Thuan Viet building in District 11.

After filling in a form with personal information, the girls were carefully made up and asked to dress in short and low-necked clothes and high heels to take suggestive photos.

“Your photos will be posted on the internet for foreigners to choose from. The company will help the girls find out about their partners,” said makeup artist Yen.

Most of the Vietnamese girls chat or send emails to the foreign men via interpreters at the company. They also provide a foreign language crash course for the girls if they want one, she added.

“After marriage, the company will take no further responsibility for the girls’ destiny,” said another staff member.

ahli85
19-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi bros, need help to translate: vay ah.anh noi tieng vjet hay wa.a hoc tv a
Tks in advance :-)

ahli85
19-07-2012, 06:53 AM

jackbl
19-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Drinking for the sake of drinking
======================================
More and more beer is being consumed every month in Vietnam. Habeco, or the Hanoi Beer and Beverages Company, sold VND771 billion (US$37 million) worth of beer in June, up 28% against the same month last year. Income over the first half of the year was up 10% over the first six months of 2011, and income for the Saigon Beer and Beverages Company (Sabeco) was up 9% against the same period.

If you regularly visit local restaurants and road-side eateries this should come as no surprise. Practically any night of the week (and some afternoons) you can find a table-full of local men (and only men) shouting ‘mot, hai, ba, dzo’ (one, two, three, cheers) and ‘tram phan tram’ (or 100%, meaning bottom up) until they fall off their red plastic stools. Drinking beer in Vietnam is incredibly cheap. I’m still amazed that bottled water is more expensive than a bottle of beer at most restaurants. As a result it is very easy to drink large amounts of alcohol while spending very little, something you can’t do in, say, the US or Europe.

This cheapness may be one of the reasons behind this heavy drinking, but the whole philosophy surrounding alcoholic beverages seems to be completely different here in Vietnam. Back home in the States it is perfectly normal to go out to a bar, have two or three beers with your friends, and then call it a night. Getting obnoxiously drunk, or even a little ‘sloppy’, as we like to say, is often considered uncouth and immature. There are times when getting drunk is almost a requirement – birthdays, weddings, etc. – but for the most part people don’t go out with the intention of getting heavily intoxicated. Having a couple drinks is social, getting so drunk you fall over is quite anti-social.

Here, though, some people seem to drink simply for the sake of drinking. Groups of men will blow through case after case of beer for no real reason until they are completely out of control. I’m sure we’ve all eaten somewhere where a group of smashed, red-faced businessmen is conversing as loudly as they possibly can, making it impossible to hear the people you are with. The popularity of downing a whole drink (tram phan tram) is also part of what, in the US, is considered binge drinking, a highly dangerous activity. If you repeatedly chug entire glasses of beer, you won’t realize how much you’ve had until it’s far too late.

And that is where another big difference between drinking in the west and drinking here comes in: driving under the influence. I’m not saying no one in America or the UK or Australia drives after they’ve had a few drinks. It happens, but there are serious consequences if you get caught. You can have your license taken away, and you could even end up in jail if you do it multiple times. A lot of money has been spent on advertising the awful things that can happen if you drink and drive, and it has worked. The concept of a ‘designated driver’ – someone who drives their friends to a bar, doesn’t drink at all, and then makes sure everyone gets home safely – is very popular, and works.

Here, on the other hand, there doesn’t seem to be much hesitation when it comes to hopping on your motorbike after having nine beers. I’ve seen guys who can barely even stand up get on their bike and swerve off, an accident just waiting to happen. Perhaps there isn’t any awareness of how dangerous this can be, but driving while drunk endangers yourself and everyone around you. There are hundreds of taxis in Saigon (a rough guess), surely people could just plan to split a cab after a night of drinking? Driving while sober can be dangerous enough given the traffic conditions here, so why make it harder?

I’m not trying to come off as a prude – I enjoy a cold beer as much as anyone else, and I’ve had my fair share of drunken nights here. But if I know I am going to be drinking heavily I leave my moto at home and either take a taxi or a xe om. I also try not to binge drink, since more often than not you end up being unable to talk to people because you can barely form sentences. Again, that’s not very social. Drinking is fun, but sometimes it’s nice to just have a relaxed evening with a couple of drinks, and that’s it. Here, that doesn’t seem to cut it. It’s either "tram phan tram", or nothing.

casannova03
19-07-2012, 12:29 PM

haha...apparently this sentence does not really apply here liao....:p

KangTuo
19-07-2012, 01:09 PM

noi dc tv ma kg doc dc tv :eek::confused:

jf66312
19-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Tks in advance

noi dc tv ma kg doc dc tv :confused:

wanted to help but after decoding realized that the meaning of this msg if meant for him , then he shouldnt have any prob decoding himself ...:confused::p

ilovedoggie
19-07-2012, 03:21 PM
wanted to help but after decoding realized that the meaning of this msg if meant for him , then he shouldnt have any prob decoding himself ...:confused::p

It's either he check his vb phone or the vb is suan-ing him.

Anyway pls find the translation and good luck!

Like this ah! You speak Vietnamese so good! You learn Vietnamese ah?

XXed
19-07-2012, 03:39 PM
noi dc tv ma kg doc dc tv :eek::confused:

google cannot translate short forms :p

jf66312
19-07-2012, 03:40 PM
It's either he check his vb phone or the vb is suan-ing him.

Anyway pls find the translation and good luck!

Like this ah! You speak Vietnamese so good! You learn Vietnamese ah?

u still so kind to translate for him... :)

jackbl
20-07-2012, 08:28 AM
The teachers who are afraid of summer holiday
================================================== =======

VietNamNet Bridge – While state employees are jealous of teachers’ long holiday in summer, a lot of teachers are afraid of the holiday because they cannot earn money in summer.

While the colleagues all over the country are spending their time to travel and relax, a lot of teachers are hurrying to look for part time jobs to earn some money which can help them live from hand to mouth in summer.

The teachers in Vietnam can be divided into two groups – the ones working as regular members of the personnel, who receive monthly salaries from the State budget, and the ones working under labor contracts signed with the schools.

Of the latter group’s teachers, the ones who have long term labor contracts with schools are considered lucky workers, because they can get monthly pay from the provincial budget. Meanwhile, the teachers working under short term labor contracts only receive modest salaries paid by schools whose main income comes from tuitions.

As for the teachers, summer holiday means no-money time, because when students stay at home, teachers become temporary unemployed.

The three teachers of the Le Mao Primary School in Nghe An province, who are working under short term labor contracts, get no pay in summer, because the school’s income is not enough to pay them.

Dang Quang Canh, Headmaster of the Le Mao School, said the pay to the three teachers has been sourced from the tuitions collected from students. However, with the modest tuition of 100,000 dong a month, the school does not have any money left after it pays for the basic needs. Since students do not go to school in summer and they do not pay tuitions, teachers have to sit idle during that time.

“We understand the difficult conditions of the teachers, but we have not found any solution to settle the problem,” he said.

The teachers of the Nghi Phu Primary School in Vinh City seem to be luckier than their colleagues at Le Mao, because they still can receive one month pay in summer.

Nguyen Thi Hien, can receive 830,000 dong a month for her work at the Phuc Thanh Secondary School, the sum of money which is just enough to feed her for 10 days. However, Hien even cannot get the modest salary these days, because students do not go to school and they do not pay tuitions.

According to Nguyen Xuan Sinh, Chair of Vinh City’s People’s Committee, said 119 teachers in the city still have not become official members of the personnel to be able to receive salaries from the state budget, even though they have been working for a long time.

Sinh said the city’s authorities can employ no more than 20-30 teachers as official employees a year, which means that it would take some more years to accept all the 119 teachers, during which the city would not sign any long term contracts more. Local schools would recruit teachers to work under short term contracts after considering their financial capability

Students stay off school, teachers go in for trade

Le Na, a teacher of Vinh Tan Primary School said that she receives two million dong a month, which is just enough to pay for milk and clothes for the two children. Meanwhile, the spending on other basic needs depends on the husband’s income. However, since her husband’s income is limited, Na has to fasten her belt in summer, when cannot earn money.

Tran Duy Linh, a teacher of the Dai Son primary school, said he has to undertake extra jobs to earn his living. One of the “extra jobs” of Linh is working as buffalo trader.

Linh calls this his extra job, because he prefers to introduce himself as a teacher. However, in fact, trading buffalo is the main source of income for his family.

Source: Giao duc VN

jackbl
20-07-2012, 01:58 PM
What??? I can’t hear you – cái gì / gì ?
==========================================

Answer: subject + là + object

Đây là cái gì? Đây là máy tính
This is what? This is computer

Xerox là cái gì? Xerox là máy photocopy
Xerox is what? Xerox is photocopier

Use subject + verb + gì? for all other situations

Answer: subject + verb + object

Bạn tên gì? Tôi tên Jennifer
You (are) named what? I (am) named Jennifer

Bạn thích gì? Tôi thích xe Audi
You like what? I like Audi

jackbl
21-07-2012, 12:47 PM
6 – Who? Whom? Whose? – …ai?
========================================
There are 2 ways to ask Who is/are…?

Question:
subject + là + ai?
ai + là + subject?
Answer:
subject + là + object
ai + là + object

Cô ấy là ai? Cô ấy là họa sĩ
She is who? She is (a) painter

Ai là em gái bạn? Trang là em gái tôi
Who is your younger sister? Trang is my younger sister

You can also use ai to ask Who does something?:

Question: Ai + verb + object?

or Có + ai + verb + object + không?

Answer: (Có) Subject (+ verb + object — optional)

Có ai biết tiếng Việt không? Có tôi / Có anh Hà biết tiếng Việt
Who knows Vietnamese ? (there is) I /there is anh Hà (who) knows Vietnamese

Ai ở đây? Nhà Rockefeller
Who lives here? The Rockefeller family

Ai can also be used as Whom?Question: Subject + verb + ai?Short answer: that person — Long answer: subject + verb + that person

Bạn quen ai? Adele
You know/are friends with whom? Adele
Chị hỏi ai? Tôi hỏi Hải
You ask (for) whom? I ask (for) Hải

Use … của ai? to ask Whose?Question: subject + là + của ai? Answer: subject + là + của + owner

Con mèo là của ai? Con mèo là của Herminone
The cat is whose? The cat is Hermione’s
Cái áo là của ai? Cái áo là của Harry
The shirt is whose? The shirt is Harry’s

Pohchuan
21-07-2012, 01:15 PM
ai (TV) = 谁 (CN) = Siapa (ML) = Who/whose/Whom (EN)

correct me if wrong

jackbl
21-07-2012, 01:41 PM

correct me if wrong

Yes u are right for TV,CN and EN. I dunno ML :D

casannova03
21-07-2012, 06:54 PM

correct me if wrong

Yes u are right for TV,CN and EN. I dunno ML :D

Wah, sekalang sini ada jacap melayu ha??:D

ini machiam kepala sakit la!! = headache = 头痛 =nhut dau!!

LOL!!:D:D

KangTuo
21-07-2012, 10:16 PM
headache = 头痛 =nhut dau!!

you are a vey bad student...
i think this is the 3rd time i correct your mistake.

its "nhuc dau" :)

jackbl
22-07-2012, 04:41 AM
you are a vey bad student...
i think this is the 3rd time i correct your mistake.

its "nhuc dau" :)

I also got correct him but he dun wan to learn from us :( He only wan to learn from Long-hair dictionary :D

Pohchuan
22-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Last time, I use "dau dau" instead of "nhuc dau".

I think i use "dau dau" wrongly, but checking my "tieng viet to malay" dictionary, i discovered that "nhuc dau" means "headache", "dau dau" means "head is painful".

Maybe "nhuc dau" means headaches inside the head, but "dau dau" means pain on the head when something hits the head externally.

Do let me know if i am mistaken.

jackbl
22-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Last time, I use "dau dau" instead of "nhuc dau".

I think i use "dau dau" wrongly, but checking my "tieng viet to malay" dictionary, i discovered that "nhuc dau" means "headache", "dau dau" means "head is painful".

Maybe "nhuc dau" means headaches inside the head, but "dau dau" means pain on the head when something hits the head externally.

For me, I think overall they meant the same if u say headache (nhức/đau). If your gf hit your head then u can say she make your HEAD đau :D

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 01:19 PM
a lam chung nao moi ve nha,a an com trua chua

Guys got 2 questions to ask

When they say Chung nao does it mean Until When?

But why moi ve nha?

Trua chua means what? Cannot find in Google translate

jackbl
22-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Let me help u to break down the sentence to words that can be find in dictionary:

Anh lam [chung nao] moi ve nha, anh an [com trua] chua?

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Haha com trua is lunch and chua is already.

Now for Chung nao

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Chung nao is generally would

I would generally would come back home

jackbl
22-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Now for Chung nao

Chung nao= chừng nào

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 01:56 PM
As long as .....

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I work as long as MOI go home?

jackbl
22-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Chung nao= chừng nào

chừng nào= when

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 02:00 PM
a e noi a nghe nay ne bua nao e noi chuyen voi a e hên lam

How would this be broken down

Anh em speak anh listen (nay ne bua nao)
What is that sentence?

Em tell something to anh

Em lucky work?

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Haha thanks man. Khi nao is when
Chung nao is also when

When do we use each

jackbl
22-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Let me help u to break down the sentence to words that can be find in dictionary:

Anh lam [chung nao] moi ve nha

Anh làm chừng nào mới về nhà

KangTuo
22-07-2012, 03:42 PM

you working when then return home, you eat lunch already?

gege, meimei tell you listen leh, whenever meimei speak with gege, meimei very lucky

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks brother. Helps a lot.

a e sap di lam roi a hôn e cai lat lam co tien nha

Anh em about to go work already. Anh kiss em (Cai lat) work have money

What is that word?

casannova03
22-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks brother. Helps a lot.

a e sap di lam roi a hôn e cai lat lam co tien nha

Anh em about to go work already. Anh kiss em (Cai lat) work have money

What is that word?

....a hon e cai, lat lam co tien nha...

1 cai, 2 cai, 3 cai... cai=个

lat = later

Botarbolampar
22-07-2012, 06:34 PM
After so many years, my TV still sucks. Hmmmmmm SAD.:(

KangTuo
22-07-2012, 07:00 PM

the reason must be that the VBs you know suck alot :)

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 08:21 PM
a dt e moi tin la thiet

Anh call em (moi tin la) care?

yummyymym
22-07-2012, 08:46 PM
....a hon e cai, lat lam co tien nha...

1 cai, 2 cai, 3 cai... cai=个

lat = later

Gege kiss mei mei once, later work have money nha

chiongster16
22-07-2012, 11:26 PM
any bros can help with this phrase?

a dun gian e nge e yeu a.

I only understood that e yeu a part.

tomcat007
23-07-2012, 12:49 AM
any bros can help with this phrase?

a dun gian e nge e yeu a.

I only understood that e yeu a part.

哥哥别生气妹妹 [nge = nhe = 撒娇] ,妹妹爱哥哥。

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 01:09 AM
But the dun should be dung gian right?

tomcat007
23-07-2012, 01:15 AM

It's like that one lah. Hope to meet a vb who use tv perfectly and without spelling error, is like hoping to strike 4D every week.

That's why sometimes sifu like jack lah, kt lah...ask for entire SMS conversation to know the really decipher the particular SMS.

ilovedoggie
23-07-2012, 01:31 AM
a dt e moi tin la thiet

Anh call em (moi tin la) care?

you call me then believe it's true

jackbl
23-07-2012, 03:42 AM

Lidat I also wan mine to be suck too :D

jackbl
23-07-2012, 03:45 AM

gege, meimei tell you listen leh, whenever meimei speak with gege, meimei very lucky

Hi KT, i thou bua nao = which day :confused:

Whenever = luc nao

Can help confirm with your Grandmaster P ??? Thanks :p

vietboy
23-07-2012, 10:52 AM

Dung = don't
Dung gian = don't angry

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Hi KT, i thou bua nao = which day :confused:

Whenever = luc nao

Can help confirm with your Grandmaster P ??? Thanks :p

That was what I saw in google translate for whenever too lol

Honey Boon
23-07-2012, 03:15 PM
ya... suck until dry dry :eek:

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Lolz

Guys I check something

a k thich tra loi tin e ha
You don't like reply (tin) me ha

Tin to me is believe what else can it mean

tomcat007
23-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Lolz

Guys I check something

a k thich tra loi tin e ha
You don't like reply (tin) me ha

Tin to me is believe what else can it mean

Can also mean SMS. Nhan tin => write SMS

She asking you don't like reply her SMS ah?

tomcat007
23-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Just to share, for those using iPhone, I've found this Eng - Viet dictionary quite useful.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/26294fc3.jpg :: http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/b3dd30e0.jpg

It's able to handle 2 words phrases. But it's not free though. Cost $7 SGD. Less that 1 time tip. The database is loaded into your phone so you don't need Internet access to use it. I bought it in 2008 and have been using it since. There may be better dictionary out there (I know, best dictionary are those long hair ones roaming the streets), but for me, this is good enough.

Just took a look at the app store again and notice that there are many Eng Viet dictionary today. During 2008, there is only 2 dictionary and I bought both. Ha ha. Kiasu. This is the only one I keep now as the other decided to charge for upgrade when apps purchase are supposed to be free upgrades.

In the second picture, ignore the icon on the left and right. The middle one is the one I used most often when it comes to vb. (Vietnamese babes, not visual basic.)

jf66312
23-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Just to share, for those using iPhone, I've found this Eng - Viet dictionary quite useful.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/26294fc3.jpg :: http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/b3dd30e0.jpg

It's able to handle 2 words phrases. But it's not free though. Cost $7 SGD. Less that 1 time tip. The database is loaded into your phone so you don't need Internet access to use it. I bought it in 2008 and have been using it since. There may be better dictionary out there (I know, best dictionary are those long hair ones roaming the streets), but for me, this is good enough.

In the second picture, ignore the icon on the left and right. The middle one is the one I used most often when it comes to vb. (Vietnamese babes, not visual basic.)

thanks alot for sharing... :)

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks bro.

a bua nay chut e di

Tried checking but cannot find anything on this sentence

And ngay nao is just now?

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks bro.

a bua nay chut e di

Well I found that bua nay is these few .

You these few little me go? Wtf

Botarbolampar
23-07-2012, 08:39 PM

Oi, my wife lah, Kaisu. :o

Botarbolampar
23-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Thanks bro, its really useful man.

chiongster16
23-07-2012, 09:13 PM
哥哥别生气妹妹 [nge = nhe = 撒娇] ,妹妹爱哥哥。

ya i think part of the sentence was in short form. Thanks alot though!! :)

vietboy
23-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks bro.

a bua nay chut e di

Let me help u a little.

Ah, bua nay. (mot) chut e di.

Ngay nao = which day

yummyymym
23-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Let me help u a little.

Ngay nao = which day

Hmmm

An today a little ... em go

I guess the full sentence should be

An bua nay nhan tin cho em chut ... em di

Is it? Lol

vietboy
24-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Hmmm

An today a little ... em go

I guess the full sentence should be

An bua nay nhan tin cho em chut ... em di

Is it? Lol

Whatever. Tell u like that u don believe. :rolleyes:
Pls use common sense n read through what u wrote. Did it make simple common sense?
Since u so good liao why bother to ask us for help?
Will not bother to help u anymore.

yummyymym
24-07-2012, 12:24 AM
You got me wrong brother.

I believe what you said is correct. I m just saying that the girl full message to me should be as I wrote : )

Thank you foe your help. My TV so limited

jackbl
24-07-2012, 01:17 AM

What this sentence means ha??? Seldom see vb use the word A in front and it means Ah

vietboy
24-07-2012, 08:49 AM
What this sentence means ha??? Seldom see vb use the word A in front and it means Ah

Yes thats y my wife see liao also scratches her head for a minute.
PM u. :D

KangTuo
24-07-2012, 08:50 AM

only when A follow by a name... a.thao, a.ngan, a.linh... :)

vietboy
24-07-2012, 10:44 AM
only when A follow by a name... a.thao, a.ngan, a.linh... :)

At least is better than A suddenly become An. Ah become eat?? :confused:

jackbl
24-07-2012, 10:45 AM

From VietBoy : Ah, today. Later i go........

Good to see u back helping others :)

vietboy
24-07-2012, 11:55 AM
From VietBoy : Ah, today. Later i go........

Good to see u back helping others :)

Yes its good to help others but provided they are willing to accept yur help or not. :)

jackbl
24-07-2012, 05:06 PM
7 – Why? Because… so… – Tại sao? Tại vì… (cho) nên
================================================== ======

To ask Why…? use Tại sao / Sao + subject + verb?
To answer Because… use Tại vì / Vì+ subject + verb

Tại sao em không đi học?
Why you don’t go to school?

Tại vì xe đạp hỏng
Because the bicycle broke

Sao nhạc dở thế?
why music is bad like that?

Vì nhạc sĩ quên tập luyện
because the musician forgets to practice

There are 3 ways to say something happens because of something else

Sentence 1 + tại vì/vì + sentence 2
Tôi học tiếng Việt vì tôi muốn đi thăm Việt Nam
I study Vietnamese because I want to visit Việt Nam

Tại vì & vì can be used with a noun (person/object) or with a sentence

Tại vì/ vì + noun/sentence 1 + (cho) nên + sentence 2

Vì trời quá nóng cho nên chúng tôi ở nhà
because the sky too hot so we stay home

Tại alone mean because of – you can only use it with a noun (a person or object).

Tại + noun (person/object) + (cho) nên + sentence

Tại Hào nên bọn em đến muộn
Because of (a guy’s name) so we arrive late

Because of Hào, we arrived late.

KangTuo
24-07-2012, 11:14 PM
7 – Why? Because… so… – Tại sao? Tại vì… (cho) nên

you just remind me to ask....
till now i also never find out...

what is the difference between "tai vi" and "boi vi" :o

i use "tai vi" alot

tomcat007
25-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Tai vi:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/18836bd6.jpg

Boi vi:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/5805e58e.jpg

KangTuo
25-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Tai vi:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/18836bd6.jpg

Boi vi:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/5805e58e.jpg

so its the same... cam on nhe :)

tomcat007
25-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Khong co chi

jackbl
25-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Be careful....

Suspended Chinese clinic causes further harm
================================================== =====

Despite being suspended, a Chinese clinic in Ho Chi Minh City continued operation and caused complication to a patient with hemorrhoid.

Nguyen Thi Lan, 28, of Binh Phuoc Province was taken to HCMC-based Cho Ray Hospital on July 19 for emergency treatment of bleeding in her anus that caused great loss of blood.

After being given a styptic injection, some blood transfusions, and intensive care, Lan recovered but needed further treatment.

The woman had earlier been treated at Chinese-owned Hue Ha Traditional Medicine Clinic, at 8B Ly Thuong Kiet Street in District 5, where a Chinese doctor, after examination and testing, said that she had a cancer in its initial stage that would be life threatening if not treated soon.

The doctor told Lan that there were two levels of surgery fees, VND12 million (US$580) and VND20 million, and promised that the treatment will be completed within the day.

Lan agreed to have a surgery for VND12 million.

But after the operation, Lan felt dizzy and hard to breathe. She was put on a respirator and given an injection, but her health got worse.

Her husband immediately took her to Cho Ray Hospital.

Dr. Lam Viet Trung, deputy head of the hospital’s Surgery Department said Lan’s complication might result from the surgery that had been performed wrongly by the said Chinese clinic.

As previously reported, the clinic, along with the others in HCMC, has been suspended for more than a week for employing doctors without practitioners’ licenses, issuing false diagnoses, overcharging patients, selling expired or unapproved medicine, and offering unlicensed services.

Lan said she had not been aware of the suspension and that she came to the Hue Ha clinic after knowing about it through some ads on a TV channel.

jackbl
25-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Where? … ở đâu?
========================
To ask Where is something/someone?

Question: Subject + ở đâu?

Answer: Subject + ở + place/location

Trường Harvard ở đâu? Trường Harvard ở Boston
(School) Harvard is where? Harvard is in Boston

Tiệm kem ở đâu? Tiệm kem ở cạnh tiệm phở
Store/shop ice cream is where? Ice cream shop next to noodle shop
Where is the ice cream shop? The ice cream shop is next to the noodle restaurant

To ask Where do you do something?

Question: Subject + verb + ở đâu?
Answer: Subject + verb + ở + place
Anh ấy đi làm ở đâu? Anh ấy đi làm ở WordPress
He goes to work where? He goes to work at WordPress
Where does he work? WordPress

Note about the word Ở: Ở means “in”, “at”, “to be in/at a place” or “to live in/at a place”

Subject (+ verb) + ở + place
Tôi ở Sydney
I live in Sydney
Bảo tàng Louvre ở Pháp
The Louvre is in France

Note: there is an exception with “where are you going?”
Bạn đi đâu?
You go where?

Notice that ở (in) is not used in this case. Đâu by itself means where.

With “somebody + verb + ở đâu?” you’re asking “in where do you do that?”

When you want to ask “Where are you going (to)?” using ở (in) would be inappropriate.

yummyymym
25-07-2012, 09:31 PM
bua nay e di lam chan wa a k co khach

Could anyone help on this?

Chan wa?

What is this

jackbl
25-07-2012, 11:14 PM

Chan wa?

Try to find whats chán ...

Wa is a lot or very much.

KangTuo
25-07-2012, 11:35 PM

Chan wa?

What is this

today i go work very boring, no customer

it mean she ask you go to her workplace give her money

yummyymym
25-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Lol thx dull

johncasanova69
26-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi can you tell me how to say cum on face and cum in mouth in vietnamese, Thanks

jackbl
26-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Lol thx dull

Why u dun bother to use online dictionary, eg vdict.com, to check the meaning????!!! :mad:

tomcat007
26-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Why u dun bother to use online dictionary, eg vdict.com, to check the meaning????!!! :mad:

Easier and faster to post on forum. As long as there are people willing to help with translation, there will always be (lazy) people who will avoid doing the leg work.

vietboy
26-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Easier and faster to post on forum. As long as there are people willing to help with translation, there will always be (lazy) people who will avoid doing the leg work.

Yes, got ppl to translate whole sentences where is the need to go search vdict word by word. thats why cannot always always spoon feed them for simple single words. If they really interested in learning TV, they will do research themselves b4 asking here esp for simple single words. Even for me i do my own searches b4 asking my long hair dictionary when i really cannot find.

tomcat007
26-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Actually I don't think many are interested in learning TV. They are just interested in know what their VBs are saying to them.

vietboy
26-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Actually I don't think many are interested in learning TV. They are just interested in know what their VBs are saying to them.

Yes very true. These ppl are the "lazy" ones.

KangTuo
26-07-2012, 05:28 PM

no no no.. should be interested to bed the vb only

yummyymym
26-07-2012, 05:38 PM

I was looking up the word chan WA till you guided me to look up chan only. : ) then from Google translate it came out as dull.

Cheers

Thanks

jackbl

U really 一针见血

yummyymym
chư k co tien

I cannot get the meaning of Chu ...

(Chu) no have money?

tomcat007
26-07-2012, 06:24 PM
I was looking up the word chan WA till you guided me to look up chan only. : ) then from Google translate it came out as dull.

Cheers

Thanks

TV got no W. Hence, you can't find wa. Wa is actually Qua. Don't know why use W in place of Qu, maybe W is only 1 alphabet and Qu is 2 alphabet. Don't laugh. Heh heh

tomcat007
26-07-2012, 06:25 PM

That will be the most purfect result. :-)

yummyymym
26-07-2012, 07:12 PM
TV got no W. Hence, you can't find wa. Wa is actually Qua. Don't know why use W in place of Qu, maybe W is only 1 alphabet and Qu is 2 alphabet. Don't laugh. Heh heh

Lol the amount of mis spelling that can happen and the variations is enough to kill me

Pohchuan
26-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Lol the amount of mis spelling that can happen and the variations is enough to kill me

Actually, some are not misspelling, but what they have always used in SMS. There are short forms meant for SMS only.

yummyymym
26-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Understood haha

ilovedoggie
27-07-2012, 12:01 AM

IMHO, the southerners read qua as "wa" while the northerners read qua as kua"

and many vb here r from the south (it depends where u cheong though) so they use wa

and best part of all, its faster for them to type "wa" than "qua" on their favorite xnn nokia phone aka our army phone. not just it's 2 alphabet but also W can be typed with single pressing :D:)

eg. nho ox wa VS nho ox qua

ilovedoggie
27-07-2012, 12:02 AM
chư k co tien

I cannot get the meaning of Chu ...

(Chu) no have money?

similar to our 'else'

else no have money.

make sense?:)

ilovedoggie
27-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi can you tell me how to say cum on face and cum in mouth in vietnamese, Thanks

can anyone help on this? i always use tinh dich but kena laughed... :(

jackbl
27-07-2012, 02:40 AM
How do I learn Vietnamese? Let me count the ways…

w to do something: (subject) + Verb + object + như thế nào?

Anh làm nộm gà như thế nào?
You make salad chicken how?

How do you make chicken salad?

Ăn phở như thế nào? Dùng đũa và thìa
Eat noodle how? Use chopsticks and spoon

How to eat Phở? Use chopsticks and spoon.

What is someone/something like (in term of quality & characteristics):

subject (+ verb) + như thế nào?

Angelina Jolie trông như thế nào? Cô ấy (trông) rất đẹp
looks how? She (looks) beautiful

How does Angelina Jolie look? (What does Angelina Jolie look like?) She (looks) beautiful
Quyển sách này như thế nào? Quyển sách này hay
Book this how? Book this good

How is this book? (What is this book like?) This book is good.

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 04:09 AM
similar to our 'else'

else no have money.

make sense?:)

Ah noted thanks. Cannot seem to find that word in any of my dict

jackbl
27-07-2012, 08:39 AM
i always use tinh dich but kena laughed... :(

tinh dịch = sperm

KangTuo
27-07-2012, 11:04 AM

cof = a muon ra o mat e (i want to cum on your face)
cim = a muon ra o trong mieng e (i want to cum into your mouth)

ra = go out

easiest is when about to cum, just grab her face and cum on it or point to her to open mouth. Just do it

jf66312
27-07-2012, 11:31 AM
cof = a muon ra o mat e (i want to cum on your face)
cim = a muon ra o trong mieng e (i want to cum into your mouth)

ra = go out

easiest is when about to cum, just grab her face and cum on it or point to her to open mouth. Just do it

bro..u always back up with a straightforward and native way...:p

tomcat007
27-07-2012, 01:06 PM
IMHO, the southerners read qua as "wa" while the northerners read qua as kua"

and many vb here r from the south (it depends where u cheong though) so they use wa

and best part of all, its faster for them to type "wa" than "qua" on their favorite xnn nokia phone aka our army phone. not just it's 2 alphabet but also W can be typed with single pressing :D:)

eg. nho ox wa VS nho ox qua

Ya, I'm aware of this. Just like they like to use j in place of i cause j is 1 key vs 3 key for i. This thing about northern vs southern TV, I had a tough time adjusting when I got my first Hanoi girl after numerous HCM / AnGiang / Can Tho / etc girls.

Honey Boon
27-07-2012, 01:08 PM
who not ...... :p:D

vietboy
27-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Ya, I'm aware of this. Just like they like to use j in place of i cause j is 1 key vs 3 key for i. This thing about northern vs southern TV, I had a tough time adjusting when I got my first Hanoi girl after numerous HCM / AnGiang / Can Tho / etc girls.

An giang, Can Tho? know them here is singkie?

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Guys can I ask

Ko biet and dau biet are they the same?

Thanks

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Also tieng anh is English
Tieng Viet is Vietnamese
Chinese is tieng what? Lol

shysaint
27-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Also tieng anh is English
Tieng Viet is Vietnamese
Chinese is tieng what? Lol

Tieng Hua or Tieng Hoa...

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Cam on anh

ilovedoggie
27-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Guys can I ask

Ko biet and dau biet are they the same?

Thanks

K biet = 不知道
Dau biet = 哪里知道

I guess...

shysaint
27-07-2012, 03:33 PM
K biet = 不知道
Dau biet = 哪里知道

I guess...

K biet = 不知道 = Don't Know
Dau biet = 哪里知道 = Where Know

:eek::D:confused:

tomcat007
27-07-2012, 04:35 PM
K biet = 不知道
Dau biet = 哪里知道

I guess...

Should be correct. I always kena fucked by my VB "dau co" (where got?) cos always bluff her I got reply her sms... :p:p

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Haha dau co is a good one

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Brothers e long lam a

Closest I can find for long is heart

So I very heart you?

Help lol

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 11:06 PM
sau bua nay a lam ve tre vay

Sau is sad?

Tre vay try to find but cannot ....

Anyone can help

tomcat007
27-07-2012, 11:11 PM

Sau is sad?

Anyone can help

My half fuck TV make me suspect sau => sao (as in tai sao = why). I also not sure what is "bua nay". Hmm... Maybe she asking you about work and return yet?

Just a wild guess.

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Bua nay is today

tomcat007
27-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Bua nay is today

Is it? Well, learned something new today.

Am guessing what she meant to write

Sao bua nay anh lam ve chua vay?

"sao" today 哥哥 working return yet vay.

But don't make sense leh. Anyway, since when VB make sense one ...

yummyymym
27-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Haha agreed

How would we say can stay home watch TV

tomcat007
27-07-2012, 11:54 PM
What you want to say is very elementary. In fact, Jack just post a lesson teaching how to say it. Don't be lazy. And no excuse not to use VDict to translate.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/a8061635.jpg

KangTuo
27-07-2012, 11:57 PM

Sau is sad?

Anyone can help

why today you work return late?

yummyymym
28-07-2012, 12:25 AM
I tried

E duoc o nha thay tivi

But she did not understand which is why I am asking here

Should it be xem tv?

yummyymym
28-07-2012, 12:25 AM
why today you work return late?

Thanks brother so tre vay is late?

tomcat007
28-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I tried

E duoc o nha thay tivi

Should it be xem tv?

Cause you use Em. You should be using anh.

Anh / toi dang o nha xem / thay (maybe same bah) tv.

yummyymym
28-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Cause you use Em. You should be using anh.

Anh / toi dang o nha xem / thay (maybe same bah) tv.

Oh I was trying to tell her that she can stay at home watch tv cause she is not working today.

That's why I use em

tomcat007
28-07-2012, 12:46 AM
You think she will?

KangTuo
28-07-2012, 12:51 AM
I tried

E duoc o nha thay tivi

Should it be xem tv?

Oh I was trying to tell her that she can stay at home watch tv cause she is not working today.

That's why I use em

neu hom nay em khong di lam thi em duoc o nha xem tivi
if today you no go work then you can stay home watch tv

yummyymym
28-07-2012, 03:47 AM
You think she will?

lol does not matter haha: )

jackbl
28-07-2012, 10:35 AM
What you want to say is very elementary. Don't be lazy. And no excuse not to use VDict to translate.

It's cos got Good people like u, when asked will straight away give answer. :D :p

Hurricane88
28-07-2012, 12:14 PM
It's cos got Good people like u, when asked will straight away give answer. :D :p

so nowadays you admitted you are not good ppl...:)

decibel8808
28-07-2012, 12:18 PM
can anyone translate to me this?? Phong Hai Tran... what does it means?:confused:

jackbl
28-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Phong Hai Tran... what does it means?:confused:

U asked open-ended question, who knows???? No head no tail

vietboy
28-07-2012, 12:56 PM
can anyone translate to me this?? Phong Hai Tran... what does it means?:confused:

Of cos no head no tail. Its someone's name lah. Maybe it is 方海陈?

vietboy
28-07-2012, 01:02 PM
It's cos got Good people like u, when asked will straight away give answer.

so nowadays you admitted you are not good ppl...:)

neu hom nay em khong di lam thi em duoc o nha xem tivi
if today you no go work then you can stay home watch tv

Seems like KT also one of the good good ppl. Give free translation n even help ppl how to write sms.

But i think it is that he is too bored at home cant go anywhere. Chan wa, buon muon chet fai kg, KT oi? :p:D

KangTuo
28-07-2012, 04:30 PM

who say no head no tail???

the head = Phong
the tail = ...

KangTuo
28-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Seems like KT also one of the good good ppl. Give free translation n even help ppl how to write sms.

But i think it is that he is too bored at home cant go anywhere. Chan wa, buon muon chet fai kg, KT oi? :p:D

i am always a good good guy ma...
never bored .... these days, i am too busy to feel bored

vietboy
28-07-2012, 08:27 PM
i am always a good good guy ma...
never bored .... these days, i am too busy to feel bored

Back into action liao? Thought no "dinner" for u for sometime. :D

jackbl
29-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Scrapes
=====================
HANOI—To really get a feel for Vietnam, I highly recommend traveling by motorbike.

But sometimes the ‘feel’ you get may be the road scraping against your flesh.

In a recent column, I recounted my extraordinary feat of flipping an old Russian motorcycle with a sidecar upside down in a matter of seconds. This humiliating episode kept me in taxis for a few months.

But finally I bought an old Yamaha Nuovo from a housekeeper for a few million dong. It has been a liberating purchase, unlocking a new Hanoi. Life has changed for the better, and the kids love to ride like Vietnamese—my slim daughter in front of me, my son in back.

But a few times I still have gotten that up-close-and-personal feel for Vietnam’s asphalt. Unlike the sidecar debacle, I don’t blame myself for these accidents. In fact, I think that once I saved a dog from serious injury, and perhaps some Vietnamese teenagers from a worse fate.

I’ve learned that, after a certain speed is reached (and not necessarily that fast), an abrupt, reflexive, two-fisted braking action will bring my Nuovo crashing to the pavement. Twice this happened to avoid collisions with other motorbikes: Once with a dog that darted into my path. And then there were the three giddy teenage boys who, without helmets, were weaving through traffic at high speed on the popular lake road of Tay Ho.

This is a much too common and scary sight in Hanoi—perhaps a reflection of the universal teenage assumption of immortality. Or is it just teenage stupidity? I remember those days: At age 16, driving alone on an open freeway, I pushed the family’s Dodge Dart to 106 miles per hour, just because I could. Worse, I remember riding with an inebriated friend along a mountain road with sheer drops and certain death if we weaved off the road. And I was drunker than he was.

Crazy traffic is the rule in Hanoi, but utterly reckless driving the exception. Teenagers, however, seem to be the exception in this way. Sometimes I see them weaving in and out of traffic at high speed on busy Au Co, the dike road. And reckless motorbiking abounds in our Tay Ho neighborhood, where the scenic, curving lakeside road does double duty as a lover’s lane and a speedway. Perhaps the boys racing motorcycles and popping wheelies are just trying to impress the girls with their daring. In another year or so, they will be channeling their testosterone in a different way.

I was approaching a turn at a reasonable speed when they nearly swerved into me, and if I hadn’t braked their unprotected skulls would have gone hurtling through the air. The injuries, I think, would have been serious, possibly even fatal.

And I doubt that they learned anything from the near-crash. So I’m glad when the cops enforce the helmet law. A thin, cheap helmet may not afford much protection, but I don’t think it encourages greater risk. Rather, I think it serves as a reminder to be a bit more careful out there.

I came out of that incident with nothing worse than a couple of scraped palms and a scratched leg—and the realization that I need to slow down even more at that particular turn, lest reckless teenagers reappear.

The encounter with the canine, meanwhile, tore my jeans and gave me a nasty, bloody scrape on my left knee and the dog that caused it all barked at me like it was my fault.

Sorry, Fido, but next time I’m not stopping. You need to learn a lesson: you could become thit cho.

--30--

KangTuo
29-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Back into action liao? Thought no "dinner" for u for sometime. :D

back in action cai dau... out of action thi co.
no breakfast, lunch, tea-break, dinner at least for next 2 weeks...

jackbl
29-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Taxi Viet
==================
An American friend who ought to know better persists in addressing his Vietnamese bride, Tram, in a decidedly Western way. If her last name was Poline, she’d be Tram Poline.

Fortunately, she doesn’t seem to mind and might even be charmed by how he mangles her name. In Vietnamese, Tram sounds more like “cham” – as in “champion.”

To be a foreigner in Vietnam is to mumble, fumble and stumble linguistically. English is, after all, the world’s most useful language – and may God save the Queen for that! As a result, most of us are baffled that the combination tr might somehow sound like a ch. I still catch myself mispronouncing Hanoi’s postcard-perfect Truc Bach Lake.

The Vietnamese, in my experience, are more patient and accommodating than most cultures of the way foreigners abuse their language. But we expats learn we can save ourselves some trouble by acquiring the basics of the language sometimes called Taxi Viet. True, the typical cabbie may understand your English much better than your attempt at Vietnamese. But those who lack scruples know how to pad a fare by feigning a bit of confusion.

Now I’m not claiming an entirely firm grip on Taxi Viet. I’m more at the level of just knowing enough to be dangerous. So Rule No. 1, which I often break, still applies: Do not rely on your memory: The address of your destination should be written down to be shown to the driver – and it’s better still to have the route marked on a map.

But if you’re not just passing through, lessons come in handy. Knowing how to count from one to ten – mot, hai, ba, bon, nam, sau, bay, tam, chin, muoi – is useful in giving an address. A phonetic grasp of Vietnamese can help you distinguish between the boulevards named for Ly Thai To and Le Thai To.

And if you know the route, it’s nice to complement hand gestures by saying re phai (turn right), re trai (turn left), di thang (go straight) and dung lai (stop here).

These phrases raise another idiosyncrasy of Vietnam: the accents of north and south. In the south, an R sounds like a plain old R to Westerners, but in the north it is pronounced with a Z sound. Northerners, it seems, just love the sound of Z. To most foreign ears, the letters R, D and the combination of GI all come out sounding like Z from northern lips.

If I had studied Taxi Viet from the start, I might have avoided a drama that frightened my two sons, then ages 9 and 15 months. It started when we climbed into a small cab near Hoan Kiem Lake.

“Phu Tay Ho,” I instructed the driver. A dozen other cabbies managed to understand my effort to pronounce the name of this popular temple near our residence. Not this guy.

“Sheraton,” I said, figuring to make hand gestures from there.

Strangely, he still seemed confused. Later, he missed the turn from busy Au Co, and I became alarmed as the meter pushed to 130,000. I managed to get him to pull over. “Dat qua,” I said – or tried to say, meaning, “Too expensive.” A very useful phrase.

I unloaded the kids, placing the little one in the stroller. I handed the driver a 100,000 dong note and gestured to try to explain how he missed the turn and we were still far from our destination. When he complained angrily in Vietnamese, my response in English was louder and angrier. My older boy was visibly alarmed, and later told me he thought we might duke it out. But when I pushed the stroller away, the driver gave up. We hiked a good mile back before I managed to hail a cab and finish our adventure home.

In retrospect, I don’t think the cabbie was trying to rip me off. No, he was just a young man from the countryside. He still needed to learn his way around Hanoi – and maybe learn some Taxi English too.

--30--

vietboy
29-07-2012, 05:09 PM
back in action cai dau... out of action thi co.
no breakfast, lunch, tea-break, dinner at least for next 2 weeks...

2weeks later, GL/JC will have no peace. :D:p

jackbl
30-07-2012, 03:17 AM
Lonely Planet tips underline traffic fears
================================================== ====
A web post this month by the world’s largest travel guide book is reminding Vietnam that its traffic problems are reaching foreigners.

The subheads in "Vietnam tips: a first-timer's guide", by Lonely Planet’s Tom Hewitson, include “Be wary of Taxi Scams,” “Know Your Night Buses,” and “Motorcycle Safety.”

The warning is not new but it once again rings the alarm bell for both the government and locals in Vietnam, where a record 11,500 people died in 15,000 road accidents nationwide in 2010, according to the National Traffic Safety Committee.

Lately, visitors have worried about the traffic chaos here because a bus with 40 passengers, 30 of them foreign, flipped over in the coastal Co Ma mountains July 13, injuring 13.

What’s more, Hanoi expat George Heydlauff decided he’d had enough on July 2 and tried to enforce traffic rules at a hectic intersection by grabbing onto offending motorcycles. Some criticized the method, while others strongly praised the attempt at order.

What you pay for

Tourists must remember that, when it comes to long-haul buses and taxis, quality depends on price. Buses, minibuses or minivans are often overflowing with passengers, as well as inexperienced and reckless drivers.

“Not to put too fine a point on it, a lot of buses don’t have working bathrooms and the further back you are, the worse the smell gets,” Hewitson writes of night buses. He also asks tourists to watch out for rampant swindlers in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

“For many, motorcycle taxis are the only way to truly see the thronging streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City,” he writes. “However, although unlikely, scams can happen and your best protection is a decent knowledge of where you are going and points along the way.”

Cabbies have been known to overcharge international visitors and sometimes even steal from them.

If traffic and tourism authorities are paying attention, they should provide backpackers with low-priced and safe buses, especially for ancient sites in The Old City of Hue, Hanoi’s Old Quarter, and “Saigon in the Past”.

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 08:36 AM
2weeks later, GL/JC will have no peace. :D:p

wrong... it will be peaceful after national day as lesser possibility of raid

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Thanks brother so tre vay is late?

tre = late (in this context)
vay is just an exclaimation to end a sentence

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 09:11 AM

Cam on rat nhieu

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 09:15 AM

Just curious I was trying to use vdict to translate tre but no matter which combi I tried I cannot get late to appear.

Am I doing something wrong?

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 09:15 AM
vb sms me over the weekend...

7h ngay mai e len may bay. hom nay e co gap muc ruoi, e nho a nhieu lam hinh nhu a k thich e, a ghet e. E ve vn e co the hoi cho a k.

anyone know what is "muc ruoi"..
can't get any from vdick

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Just curious I was trying to use vdict to translate tre but no matter which combi I tried I cannot get late to appear.

Am I doing something wrong?

tre
trẻ
trể
trễ

jackbl
30-07-2012, 09:36 AM

I go into vdict. Type tre it say the meaning is Bamboo. It's not correct for the context. So I type "tr" and then there is a list like below:

tra trà trả tre trẻ trể trễ trí trị troan tríán treo .......

Look for the TRE that is closest or meaningful to the context......

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I go into vdict. Type tre it say the meaning is Bamboo. It's not correct for the context. So I type "tr" and then there is a list like below:

Thank you kt and jack

vietboy
30-07-2012, 11:01 AM

For all newbies to TV n r keen to learn TV: this is the "trial n error" method that some bros like jackbl have mentioned b4! It is a slow n painful way to learn TV but it really helps!

jackbl
30-07-2012, 11:22 AM
For all newbies to TV n r keen to learn TV: this is the "trial n error" method that some bros like jackbl have mentioned b4! It is a slow n painful way to learn TV but it really helps!

Thank you for advertising this method again. That's a great contribution on your part :D :p

vietboy
30-07-2012, 11:40 AM

7h ngay mai e len may bay. hom nay e co gap muc ruoi, e nho a nhieu lam hinh nhu a k thich e, a ghet e. E ve vn e co the hoi cho a k.

can't get any from vdick

it can mean mức rưỡi = level half
from vdick :)
u didnt search throughly, can also mean mục rưỡi = rotten half :p

vietboy
30-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Thank you for advertising this method again. That's a great contribution on your part :D :p

u r welcome! :)
have to advertise again and again cos there is bound to have lazy ppl who dun search through the previous posts.

jackbl
30-07-2012, 11:55 AM
7h ngay mai e len may bay. hom nay e co gap muc ruoi

it can mean mức rưỡi = level half
from vdick :)
u didnt search throughly, can also mean mục rưỡi = rotten half

Don't u find the meaning of "muc ruoi" doesn't fit in the context above???

vietboy
30-07-2012, 01:13 PM

this is the closest i can get from vdick liao...

if not tonite i go back ask my long hair dict :D

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 01:48 PM

else i won't ask... :o

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Guys can I check

When they say ngu it means sleep

But when they say e met ngu ko douc or buon ngu

When they add tired sleep cannot or sad sleep

What does it mean?

jf66312
30-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Guys can I check

When they say ngu it means sleep

But when they say e met ngu ko douc or buon ngu

When they add tired sleep cannot or sad sleep

What does it mean?

e met ngu ko duoc - means tired but cant sleep

buon ngu - means feel like sleeping in other words sleepy..

this is my understanding...:)

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Thank you : )

AdGuy
30-07-2012, 04:25 PM

Few days no see you, you also promoted to official translator liao? :)

jf66312
30-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Few days no see you, you also promoted to official translator liao? :)

where got few days? is few weeks liao lol...where hav u been hiding..?

why no call or sms me??? :mad:

em gian anh roi...hjhj... :p

me happen to see and no one post yet so just post since this one i still knw...my TV very limited one lol.. :D

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Guys tried interpreting this but vdick does not seem to give me the correct meaning

Thay thuong WA ha

Thay thuong

How would we search in vdick?

Thay - see
Thuong - love tenderly
Or gaze ...

yummyymym
30-07-2012, 06:08 PM
guys one question

Chung nao or khi nao means when right

Then thi also means when

So when do we use each of the above?

AdGuy
30-07-2012, 08:06 PM
guys one question

Chung nao or khi nao means when right

Then thi also means when

So when do we use each of the above?

Chung nao refers to the past and khi nao more to the future

Thi means then not when

vietboy
30-07-2012, 10:33 PM

can't get any from vdick

this is the closest i can get from vdick liao...

if not tonite i go back ask my long hair dict :D

According to my long hair dict, muc ruoi = 痔
It means u KT, its the nickname she or her group of friends gave u bcos of yur 痔. :D

KangTuo
30-07-2012, 10:48 PM
According to my long hair dict, muc ruoi = 痔
It means u KT, its the nickname she or her group of friends gave u bcos of yur 痔.

i don't know hor to read the chinese word :(
how you know its a nickname given to me? you just remind me... :p

anyway....it may be a nick given to jackbl "muc ruoi "
jackbl oi, did you see the soccer vb on saturday??

your answer will confirm what the vb is trying to say :D

jackbl
31-07-2012, 02:02 AM
HCMC among world’s top 10 cities for street foods
================================================== ======
Ho Chi Minh City has recently been again ranked among the world’s top ten cities for street foods in a list compiled by travel website VirtualTourist.com.

It was also recommended on Reuters’ Travel Picks column.

“Vietnamese cuisine has received some major street cred in recent memory (Anthony Bourdain's praise comes to mind), and a quick visit to Ho Chi Minh City's Ben Thanh or Binh Tay Markets explains why,” the travel site introduced about Vietnamese foods.

In the recommendation for street foods in the city, the site mentions famous names including pho, banh mi, bo la lot (seasoned beef in a leaf), spring rolls and com tam (cooked broken rice with a fried egg on the top) with an explanation about fish sauce.

“A member noted that no matter what com tam dish you get, it will always be served with nuoc mam (fish sauce), and since each street food stall usually makes their own, people will often choose which stall to return to based on their nuoc mam,” the site added.

VirtualTourist also gives advice for tourists coming to the country for the first time.

“However, since hawker registration and street food health standards aren't as stringent in Vietnam, travelers should be careful to always choose popular, crowded stalls with high turnover.”

Other cities in the list consist of Bangkok, Singapore, Penang, Marrakech, Palermo, Istanbul, Mexico City, Brussels and Beachside Ceviche in Ambergris Caye.

This is not the first time HCMC is recommended as a good place for street food. Early this year, the city was ranked among the world’s top ten cities for street foods by the US’s monthly culinary magazine Food & Wine.

Travel guide book Lonely Planet also listed banh mi as one of the most lip-smacking street foods around the world.

vietboy
31-07-2012, 08:54 AM
i don't know hor to read the chinese word
how you know its a nickname given to me? you just remind me...

anyway....it may be a nick given to jackbl "muc ruoi "
jackbl oi, did you see the soccer vb on saturday??

your answer will confirm what the vb is trying to say

It means mole. Of cos it has to be a nick la, cant possibly someone named like that. Must be she saw it on a certain part of yur body. :p

Will wait for jackbl's confirmation. :p

jf66312
31-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Guys tried interpreting this but vdick does not seem to give me the correct meaning

Thay thuong WA ha

Thay thuong

How would we search in vdick?

Thay - see
Thuong - love tenderly
Or gaze ...

thay here shld be short form for cam thay which means feel/feeling..

jf66312
31-07-2012, 09:27 AM
It means mole. Of cos it has to be a nick la, cant possibly someone named like that. Must be she saw it on a certain part of yur body. :p

Will wait for jackbl's confirmation. :p

no need confirm liao...shld be she saw jack cost that day think jack did mention seeing someone that kt knws as well... :p

vietboy
31-07-2012, 10:06 AM

no head no tail, no context, can be anything....

AdGuy
31-07-2012, 11:12 AM

Good enough explanation imho.

the key word here is thuong which is love.

for some reason, vb like to include the word thay in front which means see. this can also be used in thay yeu, thay ghet.

my 2 dong worth.

jf66312
31-07-2012, 11:43 AM
language is such profound and contradicting at times

something to share here...

recently was chatting with a non-wl vb & came across this word "moc sung"

we tend to use it when we go to ktv/pubs and this word came across to me meaning that having horns like a bull/devil...(in other words xnn )

but was told that "moc sung" could also mean - u dun understand tv , your gf/oc will cheat on you so in general it could mean your partner having an affair but u dun knw as u have no idea wat they are talking about..

this was told to me by a highly educated non-wl vb...anyone can also cfm on this?

just sharing what i was told...was surprised that this word have such meaning behind it as well... :)

vietboy
31-07-2012, 01:01 PM
language is such profound and contradicting at times

something to share here...

recently was chatting with a non-wl vb & came across this word "moc sung"

we tend to use it when we go to ktv/pubs and this word came across to me meaning that having horns like a bull/devil...(in other words xnn )

but was told that "moc sung" could also mean - u dun understand tv , your gf/oc will cheat on you so in general it could mean your partner having an affair but u dun knw as u have no idea wat they are talking about..

this was told to me by a highly educated non-wl vb...anyone can also cfm on this?

just sharing what i was told...was surprised that this word have such meaning behind it as well... :)

how u get to know the highly educated non-wl vb? :D
intro to me too pls. :D

yummyymym
31-07-2012, 04:19 PM
e lay tien a k thuong e ha vay e k lay tien a nua a thuong e ha a

Guys can I just confirm that the above means

I take money from you you don't care for me ha vay. I don't take money from you nua you care for me ha

The vay and the nua are just slangs right and does not mean anything

jf66312
31-07-2012, 04:36 PM

hehe..dun let u know..thru my course of work lol... :D

jf66312
31-07-2012, 04:38 PM

I take money from you you don't care for me ha vay. I don't take money from you nua you care for me ha

yes in a way..vay here means right

so sentence is - i take $$ from you , you dun care for me right? :)

yummyymym
31-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks brother

vietboy
31-07-2012, 05:07 PM
yes in a way..vay here means right

Dun think it is right. Not flowing with the sentence.

I write in chinese as my TA not so powderful.

E lay tien a, (a) kg thuong e ha? Vay e kg lay tien a nua, a thuong e ha. A
我拿你的钱,你不疼我哈?那我不拿你钱呢,你疼我哈。哥哥。

yummyymym
31-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Dun think it is right. Not flowing with the sentence.

I write in chinese as my TA not so powderful.

E lay tien a, (a) kg thuong e ha? Vay e kg lay tien a nua, a thuong e ha. A
我拿你的钱,你不疼我哈?那我不拿你钱呢,你疼我哈。哥哥。

This was what I originally thought too.: ) thx bro. Yesterday vb started giving crap about needing money for rental etc and wanted 300 .... gave her 100 and did not reply her SMS already lolz

vietboy
31-07-2012, 05:34 PM
This was what I originally thought too.: ) thx bro. Yesterday vb started giving crap about needing money for rental etc and wanted 300 .... gave her 100 and did not reply her SMS already lolz

horns growing out liao

yummyymym
31-07-2012, 05:35 PM
horns growing out liao

Lolz mine or hers ..... 给她一点颜色看

tomcat007
31-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Lolz mine or hers ..... 给她一点颜色看

Hers lah. Yours is there in the first place. Where got need to grow?

jackbl
31-07-2012, 08:08 PM

Too bad when u use English to translate that sentence u will miss out the word THUONG. The word in mandarin represent it more meaningfully. For your above sentence, replace the word care with the mandarin word and delete away the word Right. Who say it's not flowing???

ilovedoggie
31-07-2012, 09:29 PM
hehe..dun let u know..thru my course of work lol... :D

sorry hor vietboy i booked already. hjhjhj... :D

jf... u still owe me 2 vb right?

ilovedoggie
31-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Too bad when u use English to translate that sentence u will miss out the word THUONG. The word in mandarin represent it more meaningfully. For your above sentence, replace the word care with the mandarin word and delete away the word Right. Who say it's not flowing???

IMHO, vb got 3 level of liking u:

thich > thuong > yeu

ilovedoggie
31-07-2012, 09:31 PM

can pass me? im so bored!!! :(

ilovedoggie
31-07-2012, 09:33 PM

nowadays jf TV is pro liao... more and more vb pussy is going to get dangered.:D

jackbl
31-07-2012, 09:59 PM
nowadays jf TV is pro liao... more and more vb pussy is going to get dangered.:D

Knn are u "Suan-ing" him??? Haha

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:16 AM
a k thich e nua ha

You don't like me nua ha

The nua any special meaning

vietboy
01-08-2012, 12:17 AM

U too generous. :)

vietboy
01-08-2012, 12:21 AM
a k thich e nua ha

You don't like me nua ha

U posted the same thing recently n now u ask again? :confused:

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Lol sorry but just wanted to confirm due to the 2 slangs together. Nua and ha. Just wanted to see if nua means already

tomcat007
01-08-2012, 12:26 AM
a k thich e nua ha

You don't like me nua ha

I think you better start learning to use the trial and error method before you get on everyone's nerve.

Nua here can mean again, further

She's basically asking "哥哥 don't love 妹妹 anymore ah?"

tomcat007
01-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Try learning via Vietnamese song. This "nua" is used here on Hay Ve Day Ben Anh:

Người yêu ơi, em có còn yêu anh nữa không

Essentially saying

亲爱的,妳还有继续爱我吗?

The TS of this thread has a forum that deals with learning TV via songs. And have lots of translated lyrics too. Learnt a lot from my time participating in his forum and meet ups.

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Hi thanks for your help.

Could I ask one thing

I did try the trial and error method and maybe I am doing something wrong.

I cannot find any definition that is anymore

Nùa
Núa
Nủa
Nũa
Nụa
Nưa
Nừa
Nứa

Did u search wrongly? I used the above words to search

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Try learning via Vietnamese song. This "nua" is used here on Hay Ve Day Ben Anh:

Người yêu ơi, em có còn yêu anh nữa không

Essentially saying

亲爱的,妳还有继续爱我吗?

The TS of this thread has a forum that deals with learning TV via songs. And have lots of translated lyrics too. Learnt a lot from my time participating in his forum and meet ups.

谢谢你哥哥 哈哈 cam on

tomcat007
01-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi thanks for your help.

Could I ask one thing

Nùa
Núa
Nủa
Nũa
Nụa
Nưa
Nừa
Nứa

Did u search wrongly? I used the above words to search

I use my dictionary that I recommended a few pages back. It's on iPhone platform though:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/0c30cc32.jpg

But, VDict.com is good enough.

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah cannot find that application on android

tomcat007
01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
谢谢你哥哥 哈哈 cam on

Kg co chi ...

tomcat007
01-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Am surprised that Google is quite good now:
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/fff7b960.jpg

This is from Google Translate app on iPhone but should be using the same engine. Of course of input short form, you will get garbage.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/e1a21e1a.jpg

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Lol that is so weird that vdict cannot see anything for nua

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks to all. The previous reply on my previous question was talking about if vay is right but was not discussing on the word nua. Which is why I asked this word again in this latest sentence as I was thinking that it meant something.

Nua is anymore

Thanks everyone.

ilovedoggie
01-08-2012, 01:41 AM

NOPE! i think u r the one suan-ing him lor. hjhj:D

in fact i think he improve a lot recently.:)

ilovedoggie
01-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Thanks to all. The previous reply on my previous question was talking about if vay is right but was not discussing on the word nua. Which is why I asked this word again in this latest sentence as I was thinking that it meant something.

Nua is anymore

Thanks everyone.

i suggest u go sms-sparring with more vb and u will be more or less there alrdy.
When i say more meaning every night go cheong and get at least 1 number then start sms-ing. then in one month time i think u will be ok liao. but your sms count per month may hit >1000. if ur phone bill is claimable from company then make sure u hv some excuse when being questioned.hjhj. each vb might gv u different style of TV. by far the worst i hv seen is syt vb from Tay Ninh.:D

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 01:51 AM
i suggest u go sms-sparring with more vb and u will be more or less there alrdy.
When i say more meaning every night go cheong and get at least 1 number then start sms-ing. then in one month time i think u will be ok liao. but your sms count per month may hit >1000. if ur phone bill is claimable from company then make sure u hv some excuse when being questioned.hjhj. each vb might gv u different style of TV. by far the worst i hv seen is syt vb from Tay Ninh.:D

Will consider your suggestion. SMS sparring.

jackbl
01-08-2012, 02:27 AM

Nùa
Núa
Nủa
Nũa
Nụa
Nưa
Nừa
Nứa

When I use my online dictionary I found this:

nưa nửa nữa nứa

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 03:04 AM
When I use my online dictionary I found this:

nưa nửa nữa nứa

Online meaning m.vdict.com?

What should I put there to get these suggestions to appear

yummyymym
01-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Oh I know why already cause I am using the mobile version from my handphone so it is not appearing if I use the over version the suggestions will appear

KangTuo
01-08-2012, 07:49 AM

more sms sparring means more translation needed :eek:

vietboy
01-08-2012, 08:28 AM
more sms sparring means more translation needed :eek:

When that happens, doggie will do the translation as he suggested that "brilliant" idea to him.

Doggie, not everyone cash king like u everynite go cheong.

Actually dun have to do tat just read from page 1 of this thread (bet a lot of newbies didnt do tat, LAZY! :rolleyes: )u will be even higher level than by going that "brilliant" idea can achieve n its FREE!!

jackbl
01-08-2012, 09:10 AM
more sms sparring means more translation needed

More KT's help needed :D :p

jackbl
01-08-2012, 09:36 AM
How many Viet words do you know?
================================================== ==
Use mấy when the quantity is small, bao nhiêu when the quantity is large. There is no distinction between countable and uncountable nouns.

How many …. How much… of something are/is in a place?

Question: Có + mấy / bao nhiêu + someone/something + verb + ở + place?

Answer: Có + number + someone/something

Có mấy cái điện thoại ở trên bàn? Có năm (5) cái điện thoại
There are how many telephones on the table? There are 5 telephones

Có mấy người ở trong nhà? Có bốn (4) người
There are how many people in the house? there are 4 people

How many… How much… object does the subject have?

Question: Subject + có + mấy/bao nhiêu + object?

Answer: the quantity —- or —— subject + có + the quantity + object

Canada có bao nhiêu người? Canada có ba (3) mươi tư (4) triệu người
Canada has how many people? Canada has 34 million people

Bài thơ này có bao nhiêu chữ? Bài thơ này có 5,250 chữ
Poem this has how many words? Poem this has 5,250 words

Honey Boon
01-08-2012, 11:57 AM
quiet quiet take secret tuition ha? :D

in fact i think he improve a lot recently.:)

ilovedoggie
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
When that happens, doggie will do the translation as he suggested that "brilliant" idea to him.

Doggie, not everyone cash king like u everynite go cheong.

Actually dun have to do tat just read from page 1 of this thread (bet a lot of newbies didnt do tat, LAZY! :rolleyes: )u will be even higher level than by going that "brilliant" idea can achieve n its FREE!!

I don't think reading tru this thread from page 1 is an effective way. So what if u read but u can't remember? It's more into application and self touch 自摸.:D

In fact u can go sit many places no need spend a lot but can get many vb so may.

jackbl
01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
In fact u can go sit many places no need spend a lot but can get many vb so may.

Pls intro me :)

What is "so may"?

vietboy
01-08-2012, 01:42 PM

What is "so may"?

ya pls let me know too!

this is an example of know how but no self touch. :p

jf66312
01-08-2012, 01:50 PM

sorry hor vietboy i booked already. hjhjhj... :D

jf... u still owe me 2 vb right?

NOPE! i think u r the one suan-ing him lor. hjhj

in fact i think he improve a lot recently.

hjhj...who suan me...?
jack kor kor - i never say it not flowing..someone else did..anyway my TV level not high , so i just guess the gist of the meaning... :p

yes dog - too bad i am married , the "highly -educated " vb is more of a married material for you..will find chance to intro to u..

me still learning frm the "shifus" here... :D

KangTuo
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM

What is "so may"?

may = machine

it should "so dien thoai"... telephone number

KangTuo
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
yes dog - too bad i am married , the "highly -educated " vb is more of a married material for you..will find chance to intro to u.

please don't... he will only spoil the image of guys staying in sillypore

Honey Boon
01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
then who will be the better candidate? :p

please don't... he will only spoil the image of guys staying in sillypore

jackbl
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
it should "so dien thoai"... telephone number

No wonder many VB give u their telephone numbers. They HIEU u :D