PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

jackbl
09-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Taxi scams in Ho Chi Minh City: P2 the erratic meter
================================================== ==========
The secret device used to inflate the meter ratesBesides taking detours to increase fees, unscrupulous cabbies use a seemingly normal meter that is actually connected to an electronic device controlled by the driver, who can then order the rate to jump as high as he wishes.

This device is small, the size of a matchbox that can be hidden inside someone’s pockets.

It can alter the rates as displayed on the meter within a radius of 1.5m. When driving, the driver can secretly push a button on the device to increase the fee.

On average, the meter generally goes VND7,000-10,000 higher than it should be, depending on the programming.

Through a Tuoi Tre investigation, we came to know Mr. Tam, a supplier of these devices. On August 15 a driver came to Mr. Tam’s house in District 7 to ask for a taximeter and a rate-altering device.

Mr. Tam whispered “if you want a gun [slang for the device], just inform me in advance. Now it takes hours to install it”.

Tam said the device costs VND500,000 ($24) and a meter costs VND1.2 million. The total fee for installing the two is VND1.7 million.

Coping with police

At 6pm on August 10, around ten rip-off taxis were parked along Le Loi Street near Ben Thanh Market. When they spotted traffic police, several drivers reacted frantically. They removed the logos and took out the light boxes and hid them inside the rear trunks. They also removed the meters. All of this took place within two minutes at most.

Their ‘taxis’ had been turned into normal cars and there was no reason for the police to inspect them.

At 7.30pm, when the cops had left, the drivers started to take out their equipment and reattach it, turning their vehicles into rip-off machines once again.

At 10am on August 15, Tuoi Tre journalists witnessed a dramatic transformation near the New World Hotel on Le Lai Street, District 1: one driver peeled of the logo on the side of the car’s body that said “M.Taxi” and attached a new logo showing “taxi 27-7”.

Now, the logo on the side matched the logo of the light box on the vehicle’s roof. He then drove around Pham Ngu Lao Street.

Easy to get a license

On August 13, a man contacted the 27-7 Tourism Taxi Transport Cooperative in Tan Binh District. This cooperative is a company that leases its brand to individuals who own a car and wish to convert their vehicle into a taxi.

The protocol is simple: a taxi license will be issued on the condition that the car has ownership papers and the driver has a license, promises not to work for any other taxi brands and pays a ‘franchise’ fee of VND200,000 ($10) a month and a licensing fee of VND300,000 per year.

In addition, participants have to pay their own money to have logos printed, pay for a badge, taxi light box, a walkie-talkie and a white shirt.

But according to a cooperative employee, the shirts “are for them [traffic inspectors, police]. Drivers should have white shirts handy in the taxis but normally, it’s better to have a pair of shorts”.

This person also said the company regularly receives complaints about its licensed drivers.
“When complaints are filed, we have to find ways to settle the problem…on the one hand, we telephone the [fleeced] customer to apologize to them, on the other hand, we ask the driver to return the money to the customer”, he added.

The employee continued that “if the fare is VND200,000, it is acceptable to overcharge by several dozens of dong, but any higher than that is problematic”.

According to Ly Tan Tai, deputy head of an inspection team of the Ho Chi Minh City Transport Department, a South Korean tourist recently complained to the Korean Consulate General about a scam by an imitation taxi in which this tourist was forced to pay VND500,000 for a ride from Ben Thanh Market to District 7.

To solve problems like this, Tai’s team has proposed the listing of hotlines for traffic inspectors and traffic police inside taxis, as well as cooperation with other governmental agencies to increase checks at hotels, restaurants, wharfs and other regularly-visited areas.

According to Ta Long Hy, chairman of the Ho Chi Minh City Taxi Association, if taxi scams occur, the management cooperatives that leases out their brands are to blame. He added there are now many transport companies that only sell their logos and brands and do not care at all if their franchised cabbies cheat or not.

Hy added that the loophole lies in the simple registration procedure: anyone can get a taxi license.

Mai Linh taxis commit the most violations

In 2011, security forces at Tan Son Nhat Airport handled over 2,000 cases of taxi violations from 11 companies. Mai Linh taxis committed the most violations with 820 cases, followed by VinaSun (634), Saigon Air (110), and Saigon Tour (102).

The violations include refusing to take passengers walking near the taxi and asking customers to pay more, among others.

Meanwhile, in the first six months of 2012, there were 130 violations in Ho Chi Minh City. Of which, 103 cases involved not having a logo on the vehicles; four cases involved not installing meters or installing them incorrectly; and 11 others involved displaying different paint colors or telephone numbers than those registered.

yummyymym
09-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Guys anyone know of any website or program that you can key in a Vietnamese word and it will give you the pronunciation?

PenguinChaser
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Guys anyone know of any website or program that you can key in a Vietnamese word and it will give you the pronunciation?

Google Cheng huang feng. Think her website is youyiguan.com.

South Vietnamese who married to Taiwanese and teaching tv in one of the university. She has video that show her teaching tv, from each alphabet pronunciation with the towgay on top and below the alphabet.

yummyymym
09-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Chi la 1 tu thay the cho tu kute thoi

Guys this one really don't understand Haha

ahdiah
09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
hi bros, i have recently come to know of a viet girl working at a pub with her relative...

however sadly, she was working at the pub when the police came to raid and she was actually caught. Got lockedup for 24hrs and released subsequently, but was issued with a letter to report to ICA on the following working day.

I am just wondering how will this whole process work?

She go to ICA..get a chop to ban her passport...and she has to go back vietnam within the time limit given and she will not be able to come back singapore for a period of time? Is she being barred from entering singapore life-time or is there a banishment period..and then after that she can come back for visiting purpose (because she do have 2 PR relatives here). If so, what kind of trouble would she encounter if she were to make a trip back to sg after her banishment period ?

Thank you for the clarifications !

Hurricane88
09-09-2012, 10:59 PM
She go to ICA..get a chop to ban her passport...and she has to go back vietnam within the time limit given and she will not be able to come back singapore for a period of time? Is she being barred from entering singapore life-time or is there a banishment period..and then after that she can come back for visiting purpose (because she do have 2 PR relatives here). If so, what kind of trouble would she encounter if she were to make a trip back to sg after her banishment period ?

yes...will be asked to go back within 3 days...ban period 2 to 3 years or longer depends...
when she comes back after ban...may need a guarantor before allowing her to come in...

this is wrong thread to post...you can post in ICA..post here...http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=179936&page=92

ahdiah
09-09-2012, 11:06 PM
ah thanks bro..sorry to bother about this thread. thanks for the help !

yummyymym
10-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Would there be anywhere you can key in a Viet word and it will read it out to you? Don't think there is right Lol

ilovedoggie
10-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Would there be anywhere you can key in a Viet word and it will read it out to you? Don't think there is right Lol

there shd be. it wd read BK tv to u.

iphone has an app that let u learn lots of vn vocab. if u use the free version they release one vocab to u daily. if u pay for it u can have it all... :)

it's called WordPowerLt

yummyymym
10-09-2012, 03:02 PM
there shd be. it wd read BK tv to u.

iphone has an app that let u learn lots of vn vocab. if u use the free version they release one vocab to u daily. if u pay for it u can have it all... :)

it's called WordPowerLt

Thanks let me try that

Honey Boon
10-09-2012, 04:10 PM
it's called WordPowerLt

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AdGuy
11-09-2012, 01:01 AM

Let me know if you find one :)

PenguinChaser
11-09-2012, 03:32 AM

Joo Chiat and Geylang a lot. But need to know the correct button to press and some are pay per use too.

yummyymym
11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Joo Chiat and Geylang a lot. But need to know the correct button to press and some are pay per use too.

Hahaha Ya most are pay per usage. Lol I prefer one that shows no mood no affection and not pay per use.

yummyymym
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
,quan tam a nhung lai de em thanh nguoi noi xao

Interested you but (Lai de) I turn into person that lies

Hjhj is this correct? Lai de should be become?

yummyymym
11-09-2012, 08:23 AM
E chang xao a gi

I no more lie to you anything

Right?

yummyymym
11-09-2012, 08:24 AM

Think the hopes are SLIM

jackbl
11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
if u use the free version they release one vocab to u daily. it's called WordPowerLt

I have been given 263 releases from WordPowerLT :D :p

jackbl
11-09-2012, 09:20 AM
The first trans-gender legally recognized in Vietnam
================================================== ========================

VietNamNet Bridge – A man who has become a woman after a transgender surgery in Thailand has become the first transgender in Vietnam and has been recognized by the authorities as a woman.

The man named Pham Van Hiep in the past is now a pretty woman named Pham Le Quynh Tram. She was very happy to show off the decision to redefine her sex as female, granted by the administration of a town in Binh Phuoc province, dated November 5, 2009.

The decision declares: allowing Pham Van Hiep to re-define sex from male to female and to change name into Pham Le Quynh Tram.

“I can’t believe that this is true. I cannot describe my happiness of living with my true sex,” Tram said in tears.

Tram said she was born in HCM City. Her family moved to Binh Phuoc when she was small. Tram was born as an intersex but she was defined at birth as a boy.

“At puberty, my body changed as a woman. My breast kept growing. I was very frightened and did not tell anyone. I tried to hide it by eating a lot to gain weight,” Tram said.

Consequently, her weight increased from 40kg to 84kg while she was only 1.57m tall.

She studied very well but felt complex of being a bisexual, Tram did not have friends. She used to love a schoolboy but she had to keep that love for herself.

After high-school, she studied at two universities at the same time: the HCM City Economic University and the HCM City Banking Institute. She began surfing Internet and making friends online. Thirsting for being a woman, she used a woman nickname and a beautiful girl as her avatar. She chatted and fell in love with a Vietnamese man in the US. Tram has never met him but he is the most influential person in her life.

“We chatted and emailed each others. I told him my problem. He was sympathetic with me and encouraged me to seek my true sex,” Tram said.

Being urged by the aspiration of becoming a woman and seeing her “lover”, Tram decided to take transgender operation.

In 2006, medical tests showed that the boy Pham Van Hiep had high female hormone volumes and a lot of female characteristics in his sex organ. Doctors advised Hiep to go to Thailand for a transgender surgery.

“My family was very poor so I did not have money to go to Thailand. I quit study to work,” Tram said.

Since then she focused on working as a math, physics and chemistry teacher at prep centers for university entrance examination in HCM City. She used to work 20 hours a day.

Besides her online lover’s assistance, Tram finally saved enough money ($250,000) for the lifetime surgery in Thailand. This was a 2-year painful process.

“I did not tell my family about the surgery when I left Vietnam because I was afraid that I might die in Thailand,” she said.

The hope to see her lover as a real woman helped Tram sustain endless pains on the operating table.

In mid-2008, after the sex organ surgery, she became a real woman. That year, seeing her white skin and pretty face, Thai doctors encouraged her to send her pictures to Tiffany Show, a beauty contest for transgenders in Thailand. Tram won the title “Miss Tiffany Photogenic.”

Returning home, she sent applications to relevant bodies to ask their permission to change her sex and name in her personal papers. Facing a lot of difficulties because there was no precedent, until late 2009, Tram’s petition was approved. She cried like a baby the day she held the decision on her hand.

At present, Tram likes wearing skirts and she is more confident seeing others. She spent a lot of time to attend make-up classes. She also worked as a host for music shows. She planed to start her singing career by a show in early 2013.

Being happy with her current life, Tram’s only wish is seeing her lover in the US.

“I love and respect him. Like other women, I dream of having a happy family and a husband who loves me very much,” she said.

Compiled by Mai Lan

vietboy
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Chi la 1 tu thay the cho tu kute thoi

Guys this one really don't understand Haha

only is a word, rather give(make) the word cute

vietboy
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
,quan tam a nhung lai de em thanh nguoi noi xao

Interested you but (Lai de) I turn into person that lies

Hjhj is this correct? Lai de should be become?

u try this:
quan tam anh nhung lam de em thanh nguoi noi xao

vietboy
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM
E chang xao a gi

I no more lie to you anything

Right?

u translated it yurself why still need to ask?

Honey Boon
11-09-2012, 11:38 AM
pls share ........... :p

Hahaha Ya most are pay per usage. Lol I prefer one that shows no mood no affection and not pay per use.

forgotoldnick
11-09-2012, 12:57 PM

Iphone apps, collins audio vi-en

Pronounce in northern dialect.

ilovedoggie
11-09-2012, 11:05 PM

I share with u all but u all only notice LT... all dam tac luon. bo tay.:D

jackbl
12-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Legalizing exploitation of poor women not such a good idea
================================================== =============

Last week in Vietweek, a local sociologist made an argument for legalizing prostitution in Vietnam because it was “normal” and the government could collect taxes.

Although his argument was quite weak, many would seem to agree the world’s “oldest profession” should be legalized and managed for the safety of both the client and the service provider.

The sociologist cited prostitution in the Netherlands and Germany as successful initiatives to legalize the profession. What he did not mention is that such a business venture needs to be closely managed and policed.

If a client in any of these countries is dissatisfied with the service there is a formal procedure for making a complaint and it is resolved following prescribed regulations. In addition, the prostitute is also protected from any unwanted behavior and if there is a problem she will receive immediate assistance to protect her. Child prostitution is not allowed, nor is trafficking of children and females.

Considering the manner in which business and regulations are handled in Vietnam, legalizing prostitution would only create another unmanageable source of corruption and would do nothing to take the sleaze out of the sex business.

Supplemental sexual behaviors of men outside the boundaries of marriage are apparently more common in Asian countries than in North America or Europe. In Asia, men use brothels more as a source of entertainment and frequently offer the services of a woman as a business gift to business associates (http://prostitution.procon.org/view.resource.php, “The John’s Chart” 08/11/2012).

I have noticed that Asian men frequently have extramarital affairs with mistresses or prostitutes as a signal of status, as it is only possible for the relatively wealthy to support a second or minor wife/mistress. I have seen many Asian men outside of Vietnam who are married and have families but have a second wife in Vietnam with children included (the second wife called a “minor” wife). However, sexual mores are a topic that is rarely discussed openly.

Prostitution in Vietnam is everywhere you look: hotels, barber shops, massage parlors, brothels, karaoke clubs, on the street, on the beach. It is estimated that there are 70,000 prostitutes in Vietnam with 20,000 of them children (http://www.child-hood.com/index. Country Information: Vietnam). Certainly the demand for such a business exists. But where do we get the supply?

Why do women prostitute themselves? A simple answer is that it is lucrative – as has been demonstrated by the recent arrest of top-level hookers who were getting US$2,000 per act. These women may have had the luxury of choosing to sell themselves in order to maintain a glamorous lifestyle, but most women have no such choice.

An overwhelming number of “working girls” are forced into this degrading profession by poverty, ignorance or coercion – and for them it is not profitable. We have heard of cases where parents sell their daughters into prostitution, some knowingly, others out of ignorance and poverty.

I wonder how many of the men who use these services would want their daughter to choose prostitution as a profession?

Still, some would be in favor of legitimizing prostitution for profit to the state. What about those who control all the street hookers and brothels? Are they willing to give up their monopoly and to compete with a cleaner industry? I can imagine the exploitation and marketing that would follow legalization: “Learn to be a prostitute in 30 days or less. Great working conditions. Free health checks. No education required, we will train you.”

Perhaps we should focus on eliminating the ignorance and poverty of girls and young women and give them hope of a future where they have a choice. Legalizing prostitution may enhance the hedonistic lifestyles of the wealthy, but it would only exacerbate existing “social evils,” whether or not the world’s oldest profession is officially removed from this bracket.

By George Larson
The writer is an American expat who lives and works in Ho Chi Minh City

Honey Boon
12-09-2012, 12:14 PM
ya, only you no dam tac.... Saint Dog :D

I share with u all but u all only notice LT... all dam tac luon. bo tay.:D

PenguinChaser
12-09-2012, 11:44 PM
If only all VB's Chinese are just as good as this Phuong...

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/C66164BF-05C7-457B-BB3B-ACA4C95FBCCB-495-00000048EF71E963.jpg

vietboy
13-09-2012, 08:46 AM
If only all VB's Chinese are just as good as this Phuong...

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/sosltd/C66164BF-05C7-457B-BB3B-ACA4C95FBCCB-495-00000048EF71E963.jpg

Its either she is a viet chinese or she got study chinese b4. I too have a few friends who r either viet chinese or they studied chinese during uni days.

jackbl
13-09-2012, 09:51 AM
37 – Negative sentence with đâu
=================================================

You know how to create a negative sentence with không (no, not) – place it before the verb in the sentence: subject + không + verb/adjective (see # 1 – Basic Sentence)

In Vietnamese, to emphasize that you don’t do something, put đâu at the end of your sentence. There are 3 variations – they’re slightly different from one another.

subject + có + verb/adjective + đâu
The implication is that you don’t have a duty to do something, or someone was supposed to do something, but s/he didn’t do it.

Anh có phải rửa bát đâu!
I (male) có have to wash dishes đâu!
I don’t have to do the dishes! (it’s not my turn today!)

Nó có đi học đâu!
He/she có go to school đâu!
He/she didn’t go to school!
(The kid played truant and his parents are mad that he did not go to school)

subject + không + verb/adjective + đâu
Generally, use this to talk about something you don’t like to do

Em không ăn hành đâu
I don’t eat scalion
I don’t eat scalion (in my Phở because I don’t like it)

Mặc cái áo đó không đẹp đâu
Wear (classifier) shirt that not good-looking
Wearing that shirt doesn’t look good (you shouldn’t wear it)

subject + chưa + verb/adjective + đâu
Chưa means yet in a question (see #29 – chưa – yet – rồi – already), and not yet in a sentence (as in you haven’t done something yet).
Suppose your dog hasn’t been fed, but your sister said she fed him already.

You say

Nó chưa ăn đâu
He not yet eat

Your sister says
Chị cho nó ăn rồi
I (older sister) give him eat already

jackbl
13-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Its either she is a viet chinese or she got study chinese b4

Of course this one everyone knows.... even chinese, without study, how to write chinese word :confused:

Have u seen vietnamese who are speak vietnamese but can't write vietnamese words, maybe except their names?

PenguinChaser
13-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Its either she is a viet chinese or she got study chinese b4. I too have a few friends who r either viet chinese or they studied chinese during uni days.

Her Chinese damn power. Whole 3 hours plus, only 2 wrong words. Don't think she's Viet Chinese. She using Pin Ying to construct her messages.

Met her in Pebbles (?, next to Blue Lagoon).. Now back in Vn selling clothes. Nice girl.

PenguinChaser
13-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Of course this one everyone knows.... even chinese, without study, how to write chinese word :confused:

Have u seen vietnamese who are speak vietnamese but can't write vietnamese words, maybe except their names?

Wah Mr Jack

7 early 8 early chak people already....

Honey Boon
13-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I hardly see him doing that ........ :p:D

Wah Mr Jack

7 early 8 early chak people already....

vietboy
13-09-2012, 02:55 PM

yes, i have seen a viet that dun know how to read and write TV. :) End up me and my wife have to translate and write for her. i'm serious. :rolleyes:

Thought u in this scene way longer than me u should have seen at least 1 b4 ma.

vietboy
13-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I hardly see him doing that ........ :p:D

then u should follow more of his posts, he has been doing that lately. :D

PenguinChaser
13-09-2012, 03:05 PM
then u should follow more of his posts, he has been doing that lately. :D

更年期到了, maybe

KangTuo
13-09-2012, 03:06 PM
yes, i have seen a viet that dun know how to read and write TV. :) End up me and my wife have to translate and write for her. i'm serious.

translate? :confused::confused:

vietboy
13-09-2012, 03:47 PM
translate? :confused::confused:

troi oi, my TV not as good as yurs. So my wife have to ask her in TV, then translate to me, when i have qns i ask my wife, then she translate to her. got it? :)

vietboy
13-09-2012, 03:49 PM
更年期到了, maybe

Oops, jackbl kenna chak... Lol :D

forgotoldnick
13-09-2012, 05:14 PM
troi oi, my TV not as good as yurs. So my wife have to ask her in TV, then translate to me, when i have qns i ask my wife, then she translate to her. got it? :)

Wah, complicated THreesome, lol

jackbl
13-09-2012, 11:59 PM
yes, i have seen a viet that dun know how to read and write TV. End up me and my wife have to translate and write for her. i'm serious.

translate?

troi oi, my TV not as good as yurs. So my wife have to ask her in TV, then translate to me, when i have qns i ask my wife, then she translate to her. got it?

Your saying is really no head no tail. If that person cant read and write TV, then why need you to help? Your bx cant read and write for her? :eek:

After KT asked u what translate, then u say your bx help u to translate between you and her talking, those are Conversational TV, what have to do with "read and write TV"? :confused:

jackbl
14-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Hell’s kitchen
======================

Factory workers are served cheap, deadly meals by employers who are apathetic, seek to cut costs, or are on the take from caterers

Le Chi Cuong was lucky: he detected the maggots in his food before eating it during his factory lunch break on August 17.

But by the time the 46-year-old worker reported this to his supervisors at the Cu Bi Rubber Plant in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, 13 other workers had eaten the food supplied by caterer Dung Ha Company.

They did not know if there had been maggots in the food.

The plant immediately took back the food served to 109 other workers and found maggots in nine people’s braised pork.

Tieu Van Linh, head of the provincial Food Safety and Hygiene Agency, told Vietweek that the caterer did not make an honest report to his agency when submitting the requisite food sample for testing that day.

Caterers must store samples of the food they provide for 24 hours, in order to have them tested, in case of food poisoning or similar incidents. Tests upon food samples may also be conducted upon demand, by either related agencies, or the catering company itself.

In this case, the Cu Bi Rubber Plant requested their food be tested without mentioning workers’ reports of maggots, as if the company was just making sure there was nothing wrong with the food.

“They only asked us to test for microorganisms without mentioning maggots, which are insect larvae and not a microorganism,” he said.

Linh said his agency does not test for microorganisms and had sent the samples to the preventive health center for testing and was awaiting the results.

“The plant should have reported that there were maggots in food. Then we would have conducted a full inspection instead of forwarding the samples to the other agency to test for microorganisms,” he said.

Many similar incidents have been reported by the media in the past few months. Some workers reported seeing maggots in their food, though it could have been worse. Maggots, unlike microorganisms, are at least visible to the naked eye.

On August 25 the Suoi Tre Rubber General Hospital in Dong Nai Province admitted 58 workers from the nearby Dau Giay Rubber Plant suffering from symptoms of food poisoning.

Dr. Do Cao Khai said the workers became dizzy and had stomachaches after eating the lunches provided by the company.

Their symptoms worsened at around 5 pm and they had to be taken to the hospital. All had been discharged by the following day.

The health of factory workers and manual laborers is at grave risk since many are being fed tainted food due to lax government oversight and corruption at the company level, with caterers having to pay bribes to win contracts.

Poisonous meals

A report this month from the Vietnam Food Safety Department said there were 927 cases of food poisoning between 2007 and 2011, with 30,733 people being hospitalized and 229 dying.

Food served at companies accounted for more than 20 percent of the cases, with a significant proportion occurring at industrial parks and export processing zones in the southeast, it said.

The National Institute of Nutrition said recently that its tests of food served at factories revealed pesticides and other toxic substances.

A cook at a caterer’s in Binh Duong Province, who asked for anonymity, admitted that hygiene was not a factor in workers’ meals.

She said: “We buy large quantities of vegetables and just cook them without throwing out rotten ones and those with worms. We have few workers and a huge workload. We might be fired if we take the time to do such things.”

Dr. Luu Ngan Tam, chief of the nutrition department at Ho Chi Minh City’s Cho Ray Hospital, said: “Authorities do not pay enough attention to factory workers’ food safety. They eat with fear [of food poisoning].”

On July 29, 62 workers at confectioner Art Tango Company in HCMC’s Vinh Loc Industrial Park were hospitalized after eating ground pork porridge, rice, fried fish, prawn, and pumpkin soup for lunch.

In another case, on July 4, more than 100 workers at textile and garment maker Takson Vina Company in HCMC’s Hoc Mon District came down with food poisoning.

They had eaten rice, braised pork, and vegetable soup at noon supplied by the Tu Anh Company based in Binh Chanh District.

Undernourished

Of course there are many factory workers who have not suffered from food poisoning. But the chances are they are likely to be undernourished.

A recent report by the HCMC Nutrition Center said one in every three workers at industrial zones is malnourished.

Of the 400 workers it studied, more than 19 percent were anemic and 70 percent had iodine deficiency.

On August 13, the Vietnam Food Safety Department held a meeting with the Binh Duong Health Department to discuss the undernourishment of workers in industrial parks and export processing zones.

Several experts warned that millions of workers in the country’s 256 industrial parks and export processing zones are threatened by poor and tainted meals supplied by the companies.

They blamed companies’ apathy and efforts to cut costs for the poor and unhygienic meals.

The National Nutrition Institute reported at the conference that the meals only met 77.7 percent of women workers’ calorie needs and less than 90 percent of men’s. It had surveyed 900 workers aged between 18 and 60.

Le Bach Mai, deputy director of the institute, said it was detrimental to workers’ health and would impact on their working capacity.

“The gaunt, thin appearance of many workers is the result of working for years without enough food,” he said.

Tran Quang Trung, director of the Vietnam Food Safety Department, said many caterers use cheap ingredients that could cause food poisoning.

“Local authorities and the managements of industrial parks do not play an active role in ensuring food safety,” he said.

Food safety agencies and health inspectors do not discharge their responsibility properly, he added.

For the past several years Vietweek has been reporting that many factory caterers cut corners because they have to pay commissions to company officials awarding contracts.

The price companies pay for meals used to be VND8,000-10,000 (US$0.34-$0.48) a few years ago and has increased to VND10,000-12,000.

If it seems too meager, considering the fact that the actual cost is only around 60 percent of that, what with overhead, commissions, and profit margins.

Frustrated workers

The HCMC Labor Federation reported a total of 57 wildcat strikes in the first half of this year with more than 32,700 workers taking part. Companies’ refusal to improve the meals was among the reasons, it said.

In Binh Duong, which has many industrial parks, there were 44 strikes.

A survey by the Binh Duong Food Safety Agency found that around half the workers at industrial parks remained hungry after lunch. Around 51 percent said the food was not tasty or nutritious.

At a recent conference on nutrition for factory workers, Nguyen Thi Cuc, a medical worker at the Chang Shin Company in Dong Nai Province, said many workers are forced to spend less on meals at home since they have to send money to their families.

“Many workers eat instant noodles without even boiling water [to save on power],” she said.

“Monday is when the largest number of workers faint [at work] because they did not eat enough at home over the weekend.”

jackbl
14-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Eateries feed students rotten food
==================================================
If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Yes, Tuoi Tre can confirm this after its reporter discovered, while disguising himself as a waiter, that roadside eateries in a college neighborhood in Ho Chi Minh City’s outlying Thu Duc District used dirty and putrid ingredients.

For sure, they offer meals to local students at a price twice as cheap as central city areas.

A dish of rice costs a mere VND12,000 (58 U.S. cents) to VND15,000 (72 U.S. cents) in the neighborhood, where some 35,000 students are studying for their first degree at top-tier universities, while one would have to pay VND25,000 ($1.2) to VND30,000 ($1.4) for it in inner city areas. And here is the reason for this bargain.

Your correspondent was recruited as a waiter at MV, an eatery there, last month and felt shocked at the way its affordable meals were prepared.

The kitchen was stuffed with pots, saucepans, meat, fish, fruit, and vegetables that were all left near a big can full of smelly food remains on a fatty floor, just a step away from the dishwashing area and bathroom.

Huong, the owner of MV, was now taking frozen meat and fish from a fridge and then poured them all into a pan already black after repeated use.

She also fried chicken wings and thighs in the same black-oil pan to be used again the following days to cook all kinds of stuff like pork, fish, squids, frogs, eggs, water spinach, bamboo shoots, and other vegetables.

Next, the woman showed her skills to turn rotten pork into freshly looking dishes, the main course of any student’s meal.

The eatery owner pulled a plastic bag of fetid pork out of the same fridge and threw the contents into a water pan, before getting them into a plastic basin in a dust-covered corner.

Then she dumped a package of yellow sugar, another of red substance with an ‘Indian curry’ label on the outside, some white powder, and home-made fish sauce into a steel pot before cramming the rotted meat inside.

She blended them together and stirred the mixture for a few seconds. And the meat now looked really clean, and eye-catching.

Other ingredients like fruit and vegetables were cursorily washed or not at all before they were cooked.

Your correspondent also worked as a waiter at another eatery, SV, a stone’s throw from MV, which followed nearly the same food preparation process.

Foodstuffs were put close to the bathroom and the drainage system in a tiny kitchen.

They were prepared with bare hands whereas cooks were often seen stuffing pork into tofu cubes with the same naked fingers they used to peel fruit and tubers a moment earlier.

The owner, Quy, said that all this could be bought at dirt cheap prices at a district market because they were either decaying or could not be sold during previous market sessions.

Honey Boon
14-09-2012, 01:14 PM
opps .... somebody tio kan again ....:p:D

Your saying is really no head no tail. If that person cant read and write TV, then why need you to help? Your bx cant read and write for her? :eek:

After KT asked u what translate, then u say your bx help u to translate between you and her talking, those are Conversational TV, what have to do with "read and write TV"? :confused:

PenguinChaser
14-09-2012, 03:56 PM
opps .... somebody tio kan again ....:p:D

His condition getting worst??? 😉

ilovedoggie
14-09-2012, 04:49 PM
His condition getting worst??? 😉

I highly suspect he's having a syndrome of KTTN.:D

vietboy
14-09-2012, 06:16 PM

I dun quite remember what actually happened, just remember that i filling up some sort of forms for her in TA, so remembered is have to write her parents names, but she dun know how to write, so my wife ask her then tell me how to write as i'm holding the pen and writing. After that my wife told me she is uneducated, dun know how to read and write. so everytime my wife want to contact her is to call her, cannot sms as she dun even understand.

vietboy
14-09-2012, 06:17 PM
opps .... somebody tio kan again ....

ya, he likes to chak me as revenge for flying him areoplane that day. :D:p

His condition getting worst??? ��

What condition? :confused:

I highly suspect he's having a syndrome of KTTN.:D

Whats KTTN?

vietnam80
14-09-2012, 06:38 PM
bros, appreciate you can help me with this, i see liao no head no tail. "em kg thich nhan su giup do cua ai co no co tra, vay nhe. nhu vay moi de song"

cam on for translate...

KangTuo
14-09-2012, 07:36 PM
bros, appreciate you can help me with this, i see liao no head no tail. "em kg thich nhan su giup do cua ai co no co tra, vay nhe. nhu vay moi de song"

cam on for translate...
i try...
i don't like recieve any help of anyone. have take have return, like that ok. like that then can live.

PenguinChaser
15-09-2012, 04:01 AM
ya, he likes to chak me as revenge for flying him areoplane that day. :D:p

What condition? :confused:

Whats KTTN?

更年期, as I joked about above.

vietnam80
15-09-2012, 09:16 AM
i try...
i don't like recieve any help of anyone. have take have return, like that ok. like that then can live.

thank u for the translate KT bro.... but still i dun knw what she meant. she ask me to help her look for room that is cheap, i sms her that i find liao $15 per day with makan, then she sms me the above....Siao charbo....:confused::(

jackbl
15-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Corruption in Vietnam is serious, blatant, rampant
================================================== ==================
Corruption in Vietnam is serious, blatant, and omnipresent, admitted Le Van Lan, deputy office chief of the Central Steering Committee for Anti-Corruption during a conference in July held by the National Assembly’s Standing Committee.

Lan categorized corruption into 6 sectors: in the management of land and natural resources (take bribes to grant title deeds); in the finance banking sector; in construction (inflate building costs); in management of state assets (embezzlement, faking invoices); in human resource management (bribery for jobs, promotion); and in judicial sector (judges take bribes to alter verdicts).

The Party and State has asserted that “the corruption situation in Vietnam is serious”, he admitted.

Lan also mentioned data from Transparency International in his report which could be found in Vietnamese on oscac.gov.vn, the official anti-corruption website launched by the government in May this year.

According to Transparency International, Vietnam’s level of corruption is among the highest in the world.

Lan said that in 2007, Vietnam scored 2.6 points on the Transparency International index, ranking 123 out of 179 countries and territories; in 2008, it scored 2.7, ranking 121/180; in 2009 2.7 points, ranking 120/180; in 2010 2.7 points, ranked 116/178.

Last year, Vietnam ranked 112th out of 182 countries and territories, scoring 2.9 points.

That means in recent years, the Southeast Asian country scored below 3 points on the corruption index and nations scoring below 3 have “serious” corruption according to Transparency International, Lan told the conference.

Compared to Asia, Vietnam’s corruption is more serious than Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Brunei, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia… but less serious than Mongolia, Philippines, Laos, Nepal, Cambodia, Myanmar…

“In summary, corruption in Vietnam is serious, sophisticated, complicated, and blatant occurring across many sectors, and at many levels”, Lan said.

In the past, corruption occurred mainly in the economic sector but now has spread to education, healthcare, charity, social policy, humanitarian, anti-epidemic activities, even in law protection agencies like police, prosecutor’s office, court…

Small bribes are rampant, especially for low-ranking officials like police officers, tax employees, doctors, nurses while in other countries corruption mainly occur among senior politicians.

jackbl
15-09-2012, 03:03 PM
HCM City: Thousands of teachers have nowhere to go
================================================== ================

VietNamNet Bridge – After many years of enduring the teacher shortage, HCM City now suffers the teacher redundancy. The number of candidates registering to attend the competitive competition for the jobs at high schools this year is six times higher than the number of students to be recruited.

Hundreds of teachers attended the recruitment interview at the HCM City Education and Training Department on August 1. T, one of the candidates, said though she attended the interview, she did not put a high hope on the opportunity, even though she has the university degree at “good level.”

“Only 29 physics teachers would be selected, while there are 282 candidates. I think the candidates with master degrees would be prioritized,” T said.

“What would you do, if you fail the competition exam?” – “I have applied for the post of administer at a private school. However, I have been told that the school prioritizes male teachers,” she replied.

T said that if she cannot find the opportunities to work as a teacher, he would go working as a worker in an export processing zone for one year, while waiting for the next year’s opportunities, because she cannot sit idle now.

The distress of the freelance teachers

Like T, a lot of candidates said they did not think they would be recruited. D, a candidate, said she has been working as a freelance teacher for one year already, since the day of graduation.

“I sometimes give lessons at some schools as a visiting teacher. However, the job has been unstable. They (the schools) would call me when they need me,” she complained.

D said HCM City needs 31 biology teachers, which means that 130 candidates would fail. If D cannot become a teacher, she wishes to be able to work as an officer of laboratory, library. “I would rather take these jobs than keeping working as a freelancer,” she said.

L seemed to be elder than other candidates attending the exams in early August. She said she graduated pedagogical school three years ago, but she still has not found a suitable job, because the “education sector is now witnessing the history teacher oversupply.”

Now L works as an administer for a private school and receives 3 million dong a month only for a hard job which requires her to be present at the school from 6 am to 6 pm every day.

One has to compete with six others

According to the HCM City Education and Training Department, by August 2, the high schools in the city had got the applications from 2975 candidates, while the department planned to recruit 525 teachers only; which means that one candidate would have to compete with six others for a seat at a school.

Meanwhile, Van Cong Sang, a senior official of the HCM City Education and Training said the demand for teachers and officers from private schools has also become weaker.

This means that about 1300 teachers would have nowhere to work, which is really a big waste of the society’s resources and money. In a plan to develop the teaching staff for schools, the state exempts tuitions for pedagogical school students. Meanwhile, the schools’ graduates have been unemployed.

The most effective solution to settle the current problem is to organize training based on the predictions about the demand. However, the employers (general schools) and the trainers (pedagogical universities) still have not got a common voice to improve the situation.

Tien Phong

jackbl
16-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Counterfeit degree market heats up in employment season
================================================== =====================

VietNamNet Bridge – It’s now the time for new university graduates to rush buy counterfeit degrees and certificates, which help them make-up for their profiles and polish their images in the employers’ eyes.

The counterfeit degree market has become more bustling these days, when university graduates have received their bachelor degrees and begin looking for jobs. There are many commodities in the market, while the prices are really “reasonable,” if noting that with just some hundreds of thousands of dong, a candidate would have better opportunities to find good jobs.

Vu Viet Ha, a fourth year student of the Trade University said the foreign language and informatics center on Giai Phong Road in Hanoi is a well-known address for students who look for informatics English training certificates.

The center is a small room covering an area of 35 square meters located on a small alley near the Bach Mai Hospital. Le, the receptionist, promised that one would get the certificates they want just after two days.

Ha said that university graduates now tend to buy counterfeit informatics and foreign language certificates instead of attending the training courses and exams for real certificates.

“We just want to “beautify” our CVs with as many certificates as possible,” Ha said. “I just need to spend 300,000 dong in order to obtain a “good grade” certificate.

In general, it takes three months to learn and take exam for an “A” level foreign language certificate, while it takes one month for “A” level informatics certificates. Meanwhile, if contacting the center, one would have to spend one week at maximum to obtain the certificates they want.

Counterfeit certificates with real signatures and stamps

The prices of counterfeit certificates vary. In order to obtain an “A” level certificate, one would have to pay 200,000 dong, but if wanting a “B” (good) certificate, he would have to pay 300,000 dong, while the price would be 400,000 dong for excellent grade certificate.

Especially, the center has affirmed that it can provide “real certificates” of the Ministry of Education and Training at the “reasonable price” of 500,000 dong.

When asked about the authentication of the certificates, the receptionist affirmed that the certificates are 100 percent genuine.

“If you can prove that these are counterfeit documents, I will repay money to you,” she said, adding that she sells some 10 degrees and certificates a day and she has not heard any complaint about the quality of the certificates.

When certificates do not truly reflect the qualification

Like other commodity markets, the counterfeit degree market also witnesses the stiff competition among the sellers.

When calling 0915.094.70x, the reporter, who introduced himself as a new graduate wanting an English certificate, was told that he would get a real certificate two days after he pays money.

The “service provider” also persuaded the reporter that it would be the best solution to buy certificates from him, because he can provide real certificates with the stamps of the Ministry of Education and Training. Meanwhile, other service providers can only sell the certificates granted by foreign language centers.

Tran Ngoc Long, Director of VMS Media Company, said in many cases, candidates have very poor foreign language skills, while they can show a lot of foreign language certificates.

He said the candidates, who clearly cheat employers, would not be accepted.

Compiled by Thu Uyen

raidz70
16-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Hello to all senior bro here.

Need some help to translate. Thanks

hen gap ban lan sao. buoi sang toi va ban co the an sang uong caphe ok

ban co muon dan toi di khong

toi thich cai mac day chuyen mua o gan chua ban dan toi den do de mua duoc khong

vietnam80
16-09-2012, 11:52 AM

hen gap ban lan sao. buoi sang toi va ban co the an sang uong caphe ok

ban co muon dan toi di khong

toi thich cai mac day chuyen mua o gan chua ban dan toi den do de mua duoc khong

i think she is asking u something to bring her eat breakfast and drink coffee. then ask u to bring her buy something which i dun understand liao

lovesprout
16-09-2012, 02:13 PM

1. hen gap ban lan sao. buoi sang toi va ban co the an sang uong caphe ok

2. ban co muon dan toi di khong

3. toi thich cai mac day chuyen mua o gan chua ban dan toi den do de mua duoc khong

1. Meet with you next time. Arrive in the morning, you can eat breakfast and drink coffee.

2. Do you want to bring me to go?

3. I like that necklace bought near the temple, can you bring me there to buy?

lovesprout
16-09-2012, 02:19 PM
thank u for the translate KT bro.... but still i dun knw what she meant. she ask me to help her look for room that is cheap, i sms her that i find liao $15 per day with makan, then she sms me the above....Siao charbo....:confused::(

Her meaning is clear. She doesn't need your help because she doesn't want to owe you. Either she didn't ask you to help in the first place, or she misunderstood your sms. Perhaps she thought that you will provide free lodging to her? :rolleyes:

vietnam80
16-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Her meaning is clear. She doesn't need your help because she doesn't want to owe you. Either she didn't ask you to help in the first place, or she misunderstood your sms. Perhaps she thought that you will provide free lodging to her? :rolleyes:

aiyo, free lodging anything mah...:D;)

raidz70
16-09-2012, 03:54 PM
i think she is asking u something to bring her eat breakfast and drink coffee. then ask u to bring her buy something which i dun understand liao

1. Meet with you next time. Arrive in the morning, you can eat breakfast and drink coffee.

2. Do you want to bring me to go?

3. I like that necklace bought near the temple, can you bring me there to buy?

Thanks for your help. How do i tell her we can meet up on her off day? using the translator give me some funny sentence

jackbl
16-09-2012, 05:58 PM
buoi sang toi va ban co the an sang uong caphe ok

Arrive in the morning, you can eat breakfast and drink coffee.

Long time no see! I guess long time u didn't use Vn, right?

Buoi sang, toi va ban xxxxxx = Morning, I and you ......

jackbl
16-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Resume forgery rings uncovered
===============================================
Many resume forgery rings have mushroomed in Ho Chi Minh City and the neighboring province of Binh Duong to meet the rising demand of those who want to legalize their personal status and identity to find a job.

Those wishing to change their identities can find a taxi motorbike rider who works at an industrial park in Ho Chi Minh City’s Thu Duc District or nearby Binh Duong Province’s Di An Town.

It will take them only two days to realize their wishes for a charge of VND100,000-200,000 per fake resume profile.

The forger can even get fake resumes with changes in their native names through the relevant papers such as identity cards (ID card), health certification, temporary and permanent residence status, job applications, and qualifications.

A piece of cake

Tuoi Tre reporters followed two men role-playing as job seekers who needed urgent resumes for job applications and traveled to a mobile phone shop in Khiet Tam Market in Thu Duc District last month.

As the application deadline was imminent, they could not go home for addition papers.

Lan, the woman at the shop, first questioned the men about how they learned of her services.

After further discussion to convince them about the services, Lan asked the men where the companies they were applying to were located, inside or outside the industrial park, since there are two kinds of resumes for each area, and the one for the latter is cheaper.

After paying VND100,000 each for a resumes for the latter, they received an appointment to receive the complete resumes the following day.

As promised, one day later, they returned to the shop to get brand new and blank profiles with no more information than the signature and seal of the general hospital of Binh Duong Province on the Health Certification, and signature and seal of the temporary residence certification from authorities of Binh Chieu Ward, Thu Duc District.

A photocopy-photo shop in Song Than Industrial park in Di An Town, Hai Duong, also offered the same services.

After two young men arrived to ask for an ID card for job applications, a female employee asked to borrow their original ID cards.

"I only need to change the photo on the ID card to make a resume with all necessary stamps and seals. We can change it back once you get the job,” she added.

Before that, a young man named Hai who worked at the store had charged a man from Thanh Hoa province VND120,000 for the same service.

The new resume not only had his name changed, but also move his hometown to southern Binh Phuoc Province.

It was accompanied by all the relevant papers and documents bearing signatures and seals of a doctor at the General Hospital in Binh Duong Province and the president of the People's Committee of Tan Loi Commune, Dong Phu District, Binh Phuoc Province.

Gradual exposure

On August 17 a man who expected to receive a set of new forged documents was directed to an unnamed photocopy shop in Linh Xuan Ward in Thu Duc District. There, a man named Cuong guided him to a grocery store located on Road No. 4 to meet a woman named Lan, since he was only acting as an intermediary.

Cuong is one three or four young men working as intermediaries at the photocopy shop.

After arriving at the grocery, Lan, the owner, brought out a bunch of documents from the desk drawer and asked the man for his height and weight, in order to fill out the Health Certification. The paper bore the seal of An Dan clinic in Di An town and many signatures and fake seals of local police authorities. After handling the dossier, Lan asked the man if the photo on the ID card was his, adding that she would return the old photo once he get the job.

A woman named Thuong and her husband, Vinh, at Hoai Thuong photo shop on Road No. 4 in Linh Xuan Ward offered to do the job for VND120,000 per set. At about 9:45 am on August 21, the woman handed over a packet of documents bearing fake signatures and seals from state authorities for her customers.

They asked Thuong how she did this so quickly, and she replied that she only receives the requirement from guests before passing them on to another person.

After tracking down the “other person” following Thuong’s hint, Tuoi Tre can confirm he is a man named Que who lives at a house on Road No. 4 in Linh Xuan Ward. Peeking into this house, our correspondents found many documents and papers relating to the counterfeiting of documents for job applications.

By spending many days tracking down the whole network, we found a ring organized hierarchically with many intermediaries, mostly young men working as the collectors of information from customers at the aforementioned mobile phone, photocopy, photo and grocery shops.

After the dealers, mostly located in Linh Xuan Ward, receive the orders they transfer them to men in charge of higher levels, like Que Cuong, Hoi and the grocery owner Lan, who affix them with faux signatures, seals and documents of authority as prescribed in the job application.

Lieutenant Colonel Vo Ngoc Meo, captain of the police department for economic crime investigation of Thu Duc District, said: "These fake resumes and documents all bear indistinguishable sharp seals and signatures."

Potential risks

Upper Colonel Tran Van Tem, head of the department for most wanted criminals (PC52) under theHCMC Police Department, said the forgery of resumes and other documents in job applications contains potential risks since those who want fake profiles are possibly trying to violate the law in one way or another.

"In some situations, there are underage teenagers living away from home asking for fake resumes for job applications.”

“However, PC52 has recently arrested many wanted criminals who had changed their names through fake ID cards and temporary and permanent residence statuses in their resumes.”

“In fact many with faked resumes committed crimes and fled from their workplaces, with the most common cases being motorbike theft”

“When the police get involved, those fake documents are real obstacles for our investigations,” he added.

forgotoldnick
16-09-2012, 09:36 PM
How do i tell her we can meet up on her off day?

many ways to say it:

1) khi nao em nghi lam, minh co the gap nhau

1a) khi nao em duoc nghi, chung ta co the gap nhau

2) khi nao em ranh thi minh gap nhau

2a) khi nao em ranh thi chung ta gap nhau

3) minh co the gap nhau tren ngay nghi cua em

anthonysoprano
17-09-2012, 12:01 AM
are there any thai club threads here? either ways, what is ur opiinion, on the difference btw thai club and viet club?

me chiong thai club alot. but not viet club.

LittleDidIKnow
17-09-2012, 01:29 AM
are there any thai club threads here? either ways, what is ur opiinion, on the difference btw thai club and viet club?

I think under the HC and Ktv section got a few threads on Thai Disco. But nothing like this one that is heavily involved in the Vietnamese language, or so I thought.

jackbl
17-09-2012, 09:25 AM

U want to convert to Viet now? :D :p

Seletar
17-09-2012, 11:44 AM
U want to convert to Viet now? :D :p

Need any pastor or father to convert ? Any ceremony ? :p:D

ilovedoggie
17-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Need any pastor or father to convert ? Any ceremony ?

he is the pastor of viet. hehe... ceremony at his homeground. only require one jug and a vb. :D

Honey Boon
17-09-2012, 12:57 PM
we have been converted .... :p

Need any pastor or father to convert ? Any ceremony ? :p:D

he is the pastor of viet. hehe... ceremony at his homeground. only require one jug and a vb. :D

raidz70
17-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Senior bro,

ban dung nghi rang toi noi doi.

Mean she tell me she never lie?
Thanks

vietboy
17-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Senior bro,

ban dung nghi rang toi noi doi.

Mean she tell me she never lie?
Thanks

U dun think that i lie

raidz70
18-09-2012, 02:59 AM
U dun think that i lie

really don't understand what she trying to say. it doesn't link to what i tell her earlier.

ban ngu chua = are you stupid?

vietboy
18-09-2012, 08:20 AM
really don't understand what she trying to say. it doesn't link to what i tell her earlier.

ban ngu chua = are you stupid?

Can u give wat u the context of the conversation? So its easier to decode.

This can be either:
1) you stupid yet?
2) you sleep yet?

V|ernar
18-09-2012, 11:44 AM
she call you ban instead of anh , what the point of carry on ?

learning TV is one thing , learning how to KC is another thing .

brush up your KC skill first and know what you want , then post here for some advice .

many senior brother will advise you what position you are now .. translate for you liao , yet there is no progress ... and you need spend some time understand TV .

Honey Boon
18-09-2012, 11:58 AM
wa, today you so eng ha? :D

many senior brother will advise you what position you are now .. translate for you liao , yet there is no progress ... and you need spend some time understand TV .

Hurricane88
18-09-2012, 12:07 PM

brush up your KC skill first and know what you want , then post here for some advice .

haha...very true...I will never bother with VB who dun use em...haha...:)

i find tieng viet a very difficult language to learn...but once you knew...its such a beautiful language...i told this to a VB...she was so happy...:)

forgotoldnick
18-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Logical. She even used toi, sounds distant, not close at all.

V|ernar
18-09-2012, 01:52 PM
not really free , just looking around .

waiting for roll call by anh jack .

yesterday went a ktv and a saw few smart ass trying kc sms vb ... seriously i think if you dont understand tv or understand half only .. pls dont make a fool of yourself .

em lm , nhieu khach kg ..

i know you trying to ask you working have many customer ?

but the way you write became you do many customer not ? do what ? make love ?

sms wrong only make your kc fail .

jackbl
18-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Xin chao!
Cam on ban da lap ra Topic nay cho nguoi Viet!

This is for non-vietnamese who want to learn vietnamese language :p

ilovedoggie
18-09-2012, 03:32 PM
not really free , just looking around .

waiting for roll call by anh jack .

yesterday went a ktv and a saw few smart ass trying kc sms vb ... seriously i think if you dont understand tv or understand half only .. pls dont make a fool of yourself .

em lm , nhieu khach kg ..

sms wrong only make your kc fail .

wah hahaha... i endorsed your sighting on this hilarious phenomenon. :D
probably he will come here ask u on translation. :p

ilovedoggie
18-09-2012, 03:34 PM
This is for non-vietnamese who want to learn vietnamese language :p

especially non-vietnamese who is trying hard to learn the language like me... :o

ilovedoggie
18-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Logical. She even used toi, sounds distant, not close at all.

actually not really true. i heard most of them think we have an app on our iphone to translate TV to TA. and i heard they learn that toi = I and ban = you in their school... so thats why they use such pronouns. and also they sms in proper spelling. no short hand. meaning they know u dunno tv. i heard la...

if she know u know TV but she still use toi and ban then really no hope liao...

forgotoldnick
18-09-2012, 04:14 PM
actually not really true. i heard most of them think we have an app on our iphone to translate TV to TA. and i heard they learn that toi = I and ban = you in their school... so thats why they use such pronouns. and also they sms in proper spelling. no short hand. meaning they know u dunno tv. i heard la...

if she know u know TV but she still use toi and ban then really no hope liao...

Ya, true also, i started messaging with ban n toi too. Haahahaa

oldmcdonald
18-09-2012, 05:48 PM
hey bros,
can i have some help translating the following please?

ban thich toi theo tu cach j: ban be, anh em, hay la nguoi yeu

ban co the noi, qua ban tang toi la j ko?

toi biet roi. toi nho ban nhieu lam, ban biet ko? ko biet day co phai la dau hieu tinh yeu ko nua. hihi

what do you senior bros make of this? she is a viet WL but has continued to text me even though I've left singapore. International SMS isn't exactly cheap for her and we exchange about 5 a day. Google Translate can only help so much. She keeps using 'j' but google doesn't recognise it. Could she mean 'gi'?

forgotoldnick
18-09-2012, 08:05 PM
hey bros,

ban thich toi theo tu cach j: ban be, anh em, hay la nguoi yeu

toi biet roi. toi nho ban nhieu lam, ban biet ko? ko biet day co phai la dau hieu tinh yeu ko nua. hihi

1) you like me until what extent? "j" means gi=what, friends, bro sis, or darling

2) can you say, more than half given to me is what?

3) i knew, i missed u alot, do u know? dun know whether is this the signal of love anymore. hihi= means she very happy....lol

u dun need to worry whether she got money to call u arnot, just hope that she wont plug from you when she is broke. lol

lots of other shorthand you cannot google lah,

j- gi
f- ph

forgotoldnick
18-09-2012, 08:59 PM
especially non-vietnamese who is trying hard to learn the language like me... :o

are you really trying or you are already there...lol...how's your STING stockist bizz?

oldmcdonald
18-09-2012, 09:09 PM
1) you like me until what extent? "j" means gi=what, friends, bro sis, or darling

2) can you say, more than half given to me is what?

3) i knew, i missed u alot, do u know? dun know whether is this the signal of love anymore. hihi= means she very happy....lol

u dun need to worry whether she got money to call u arnot, just hope that she wont plug from you when she is broke. lol

lots of other shorthand you cannot google lah,

j- gi
f- ph

thanks so much for that bro!

do you mind translating a few more?
ja dinh toi co, toi va chi toi. nhung chi toi da co ja dinh. chi con me va toi. ja dinh toi rat kho khan. toi sang singapore lam viec kiem tien ve viet nam tra no cho me. nhug cog viec kho khan qua, toi dang danh dum tien mua ve may bay ve viet nam.

ja dinh toi lam an that bai, nen can phai kiem tien de tra. toi dang lo lang ko biet lam the nao de co duoc so tien do. nen toi phai rang nhin nhuc ma sang singapo lam cog viec nay. tai toi dang rat can gap so tien do.

i'm guessing "toi nho ban qua" means she misses me?

what's 'ja' short hand for?

what do you make of these messages? she knows I'm miles away, but why bother to keep in contact with me?

raidz70
19-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Can u give wat u the context of the conversation? So its easier to decode.

This can be either:
1) you stupid yet?
2) you sleep yet?

I just told her that i want to understand her :D

A lam viec co met khong mean what? why got A in front of the sentence?

forgotoldnick
19-09-2012, 12:54 AM
I just told her that i want to understand her :D

A lam viec co met khong mean what? why got A in front of the sentence?

Anh lam viec co met khong.

U working tired arnot.

A=anh
e=em
Bj= blow job.....lol

raidz70
19-09-2012, 12:58 AM

U working tired arnot.

A=anh
e=em
Bj= blow job.....lol

haha.... she BJ who sia :confused:

AdGuy
19-09-2012, 01:04 AM
what do you senior bros make of this? she is a viet WL but has continued to text me even though I've left singapore. International SMS isn't exactly cheap for her and we exchange about 5 a day. Google Translate can only help so much. She keeps using 'j' but google doesn't recognise it. Could she mean 'gi'?

did she leave sgp or did u leave?

sms from vn to sgp is very cheap ;)

LittleDidIKnow
19-09-2012, 01:45 AM

U working tired arnot.

A=anh
e=em
Bj= blow job.....lol

Which part she talking about giving blowjob?

oldmcdonald
19-09-2012, 04:25 AM
did she leave sgp or did u leave?

sms from vn to sgp is very cheap ;)

I left Singapore. She volunteered her number and texted me the next day but I was already checking in for my flight. I gave her my email and she replied with her Vietnamese number.

I don't understand why she would bother knowing I'm so far away.

Even I find it expensive texting her..Viet special characters makes it 60 characters per message so quite often my reply will cost me the same as three international messages!

Can you bros help translate another one?
Toi se tra het no cho me toi.nhung chac ko du.so tien toi kiem chua du.cog viec toi dang lam rat kho khan.cong an rat nhieu.nen toi so.

jackbl
19-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Man has penis chopped off by jealous lover
================================================== ========

A 27-year-old man in Tay Ninh province was hospitalized after having one-third of his penis cut off by his girlfriend in a fit of jealousy.

The victim, whose name is abbreviated as N.T.K, was taken to Dau Tieng Hospital in Tay Ninh after many people who knew of the incident persuaded K’s girlfriend to return the cut-off part of the penis so that it could be brought to the hospital and be re-connected.

The young woman had hidden the part after she cut it off from K’s genitals while the man was sleeping, K’ relatives said.

As K’s condition was complex, after receiving haemostatic treatment, he was transferred to the Binh Dan Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City at 5 am on Saturday.

Dr Mai Tien Dung, head of the Men’s Disease Department of the hospital, said the Dau Tieng Hospital had properly maintained the cut-off part, so it could be reconnected to the remaining part of the penis.

From the wound characteristics, doctors guess the penis was chopped off with a razor blade, Dung added.

K has a job as a driver and often travels, so his lover has recently suspected that he could be having an affair with another woman, according to K’s relatives.

deptrai4u
19-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I left Singapore. She volunteered her number and texted me the next day but I was already checking in for my flight. I gave her my email and she replied with her Vietnamese number.

I don't understand why she would bother knowing I'm so far away.

Even I find it expensive texting her..Viet special characters makes it 60 characters per message so quite often my reply will cost me the same as three international messages!

Can you bros help translate another one?
Toi se tra het no cho me toi.nhung chac ko du.so tien toi kiem chua du.cog viec toi dang lam rat kho khan.cong an rat nhieu.nen toi so.

I will repay all the $$$ my mother owes, but I dun have enough. My work very tough, lots of policeman, I very scared!

She is basically KCing u in hope to con ur money lor, wat can be new?

jackbl
19-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Man helps the poor rest in peace
================================================== ====
Over the last seven years, 48-year-old Nguyen Thanh Son has helped the poor by worrying about burial observances for their dead relatives in Phuoc Thoi Ward, O Mon District in the Mekong Delta City of Can Tho.

Son, owner of Thanh Son coffin shop, has thoughtfully helped those who are too poor to pay for a coffin to shroud and bury their dead relatives.

At noon, when Tuoi Tre reporters came, they saw Son covered in sweat, saying he had returned from the adjacent hamlet, where a person had just passed away. He went to see if the family of the dead needed any help.

Son has quietly given the coffins away to penniless families and helped them bury their relatives for the last seven years. Sometimes, he gives five to six coffins a month, worth VND3 million (US$144) each.

Despite doing a lot of charity work, Son’s family lives in a simple house.

When Son was young, he had various kinds of jobs but his earnings were only enough to get by in Ho Chi Minh City. In 1990, he returned to Can Tho and set up his business with his bare hands.

He first started with silk-screen printing and then changed to selling burial articles. After earning some capital, he sold coffins and opened the coffin-building shop where he works now.

“I transport coffins to customers’ houses, and when I see that they are poor, I give them the coffins free of charge,” he said. Gradually, it has become his custom to sponsor poor families in mourning.

He said, “two or three million dong is nothing to many people but a big problem to the poor. When I give them coffins and help bury their relatives, several people hold my hand to thank me and do not let me go home.

I am so happy to do very meaningful work for the poor that does not cost a large amount of money,” he said.

forgotoldnick
19-09-2012, 12:27 PM
I will repay all the $$$ my mother owes, but I dun have enough. My work very tough, lots of policeman, I very scared!

She is basically KCing u in hope to con ur money lor, wat can be new?

Ya lo, hate it when vb talk about such subject, i usually tell them off straight.

She is so direct, not even hinting.

forgotoldnick
19-09-2012, 12:31 PM

$$$, all about $, better dun waste your time with her, for me, i will just reply her, "since u so in need of money, u better also save your sms money, no need to sms anymore, hope u can made enough one day and i cant do much to help u also.

jackbl
19-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Be careful while walking on the road, dun carry anything precious....

Robber nabbed after stabbing man to death, injuring
cop in Vietnam metro
================================================== ======================

Police in Ho Chi Minh City Monday arrested a man who allegedly stole a laptop and fatally stabbed its owner besides injuring a police officer who chased after him.

It happened when Cao Xuan Lap, 28, grabbed a laptop from 22-year-old Hoang Ngoc Tri in broad daylight in Tan Binh District.

When Tri chased after him and crashed his motorbike into Lap’s, the robber attacked him with a knife.

Police said Tri collapsed after being stabbed in his chest and stomach, and succumbed in hospital later the same day.

After the attack, Lap dropped his bike and fled into an alley.

But he was pursued by Vo Si Hoang, 33, a police officer in Tan Phu District, who had been passing by.

He proceeded to stab the cop in his arms and face, the police said.

Lap then continued to flee, threatening a passer-by to grab his motorbike. But when he was about to flee on the bike, 31-year-old Cat Van Thuan, another passer-by, crashed his bike into Lap’s.

Thuan and some others managed to grab Lap, the police said, adding that Hoang, despite being injured, joined them.

Lap's captors proceeded to beat him unconscious, they said.

Hoang was taken to the nearby My Duc Hospital, where his condition has stabilized.

Lap has been taken into custody for questioning.

The police are investigating.

lovesprout
19-09-2012, 01:39 PM
hey bros,

This sentence means, "Can you tell me, what is the gift you gave me?"

qua = gift, tang = give, j= gi = what

I saw one bro translated this sentence for you, but it was incorrect.

deptrai4u
19-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Ya lo, hate it when vb talk about such subject, i usually tell them off straight.

She is so direct, not even hinting.

Yah, and some old stud till think it was his charm that she miss and keep contacting him...:D

Anyway, the reply to such girls should be one that out-do her in her XNN stuff. For example, u can say "Mine situation is a lot worst than yours, actually my grandfather fall sick suddenly now in hospital and my grandmother going to give birth soon and three of my many brudders just had a motorcycle accident and another 5 brudders was caught unwittingly in some gang crash and was accidently stabbed in the stomach, now also in hospital, and my very own goldfish just die last night! haiz...."

jackbl
19-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Long time no see! I guess long time u didn't use Vn, right?

Did my previous posting spurs u on to further improve your TV ??? :D :p ;)

deptrai4u
19-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Be careful while walking on the road, dun carry anything precious....

Robber nabbed after stabbing man to death, injuring
cop in Vietnam metro
================================================== ======================

Police in Ho Chi Minh City Monday arrested a man who allegedly stole a laptop and fatally stabbed its owner besides injuring a police officer who chased after him.

It happened when Cao Xuan Lap, 28, grabbed a laptop from 22-year-old Hoang Ngoc Tri in broad daylight in Tan Binh District.

When Tri chased after him and crashed his motorbike into Lap’s, the robber attacked him with a knife.

Police said Tri collapsed after being stabbed in his chest and stomach, and succumbed in hospital later the same day.

After the attack, Lap dropped his bike and fled into an alley.

But he was pursued by Vo Si Hoang, 33, a police officer in Tan Phu District, who had been passing by.

He proceeded to stab the cop in his arms and face, the police said.

Lap then continued to flee, threatening a passer-by to grab his motorbike. But when he was about to flee on the bike, 31-year-old Cat Van Thuan, another passer-by, crashed his bike into Lap’s.

Thuan and some others managed to grab Lap, the police said, adding that Hoang, despite being injured, joined them.

Lap's captors proceeded to beat him unconscious, they said.

Hoang was taken to the nearby My Duc Hospital, where his condition has stabilized.

Lap has been taken into custody for questioning.

The police are investigating.

Did any of you guys notice and wonder why the final sentence is "The Police are investigating."????

This is very common in Vietnam, where the story could almost play out as an exciting climax of a hollywood triller movie and who is the bad guy and who is the good guy is made obvious beyond any reasonable doubt, so clear that even a retarded person could tell who is the bad guy... but in the end... the Police still not too sure and so they are "still investigating"....

If such a similar report is made in Singapore, the last sentence would be "And the robber has been charge with armed robbery and attempted manslaughter and is now detain at Chinatown police station waiting to be charge in Court next Monday at 10am, no bail allowed."

But the Vietnamese Police are usually more clever... probably they suspect that the robber was actually being setup by the Victim instead... so it is highly possible that the Victim is actually the robber and the robber is actually the victim, and the passer-by could be a rival of the robber (who is now suspected to be the victim) who happens to pass by and saw the opportunity to get even....

Basically, white can become black and black can become white, depending on the size of the white envelop.

greener
19-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

What does this mean ?

E mau khoe dag dj lam co tjen tra no a à.nam rjet e lo lam .

Anyone can help ?

Thanks.

vietboy
19-09-2012, 04:56 PM
thanks so much for that bro!

do you mind translating a few more?
ja dinh toi co, toi va chi toi. nhung chi toi da co ja dinh. chi con me va toi. ja dinh toi rat kho khan. toi sang singapore lam viec kiem tien ve viet nam tra no cho me. nhug cog viec kho khan qua, toi dang danh dum tien mua ve may bay ve viet nam.

ja dinh toi lam an that bai, nen can phai kiem tien de tra. toi dang lo lang ko biet lam the nao de co duoc so tien do. nen toi phai rang nhin nhuc ma sang singapo lam cog viec nay. tai toi dang rat can gap so tien do.

i'm guessing "toi nho ban qua" means she misses me?

what's 'ja' short hand for?

what do you make of these messages? she knows I'm miles away, but why bother to keep in contact with me?

Gia dinh toi co, toi va chi toi. nhung chi toi da co gia dinh. chi con me va toi. Gia dinh toi rat kho khan. toi sang singapore lam viec kiem tien ve viet nam tra no cho me. nhung cong viec kho khan qua, toi dang danh dum tien mua ve may bay ve viet nam.

My family have, me and my sister. but my sister already have family. only have mother and me. my family very hard( what she means is family very poor). I go singapore work find money go back vn return debt for mother. but work is very hard, now i saving every bit of money buy air tickets go back vn.

Gia dinh toi lam an that bai, nen can phai kiem tien de tra. toi dang lo lang ko biet lam the nao de co duoc so tien do. nen toi phai rang nhin nhuc ma sang singapo lam cog viec nay. tai toi dang rat can gap so tien do.

my family sell food unsuccessfully, therefore need find money to return. i worried dun know what to do in order have money. therefore i have to endure insults to come singapore work this kind of work. because i very need money.

vietboy
19-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi all,

What does this mean ?

E mau khoe dag dj lam co tjen tra no a à.nam rjet e lo lam .

Anyone can help ?

Thanks.

I still good, now go work, have money return u. work not smooth i very worried.

greener
19-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks Bro Vietboy . Appreciate it.

greener
19-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Gia dinh toi co, toi va chi toi. nhung chi toi da co gia dinh. chi con me va toi. Gia dinh toi rat kho khan. toi sang singapore lam viec kiem tien ve viet nam tra no cho me. nhung cong viec kho khan qua, toi dang danh dum tien mua ve may bay ve viet nam.

My family have, me and my sister. but my sister already have family. only have mother and me. my family very hard( what she means is family very poor). I go singapore work find money go back vn return debt for mother. but work is very hard, now i saving every bit of money buy air tickets go back vn.

Gia dinh toi lam an that bai, nen can phai kiem tien de tra. toi dang lo lang ko biet lam the nao de co duoc so tien do. nen toi phai rang nhin nhuc ma sang singapo lam cog viec nay. tai toi dang rat can gap so tien do.

my family sell food unsuccessfully, therefore need find money to return. i worried dun know what to do in order have money. therefore i have to endure insults to come singapore work this kind of work. because i very need money.

你太神奇了vietboy .

vietboy
19-09-2012, 06:12 PM
你太神奇了vietboy .

no, i'm not.

not all words or sentences i translated correctly.
not all words i know, i do use vdict to look for some words. and i use the "trial & error" method that was mentioned here many times.

So if i can do it, so can everyone else, provided they have to heart to do it!

forgotoldnick
19-09-2012, 06:24 PM

that bro is me, hahahaha;)

oldmcdonald
19-09-2012, 06:24 PM

thanks vietboy, you're a legend.

We've probably all heard it before. Vietnamese girl from a poor family comes to Singapore and enter the trade as a FL. She gets numbers off clients hoping for repeat business or to trick them into sending them money.

A part of me knows there's a high probability that I'm another sucker that's falling for her story, but another part of me is hoping that's not the case.

Senior bros, help me out here. What do I make of this given the messages I've posted up?

Yes, I was a customer (LT).
Yes, she gave me her number, probably wanting repeat business.
I still don't understand why she gave me her Vietnamese number, and now has continued to text while I'm miles away.

Yes, she's asked me to send her money ($5000, then $2500, then $1000). Why continue after I've said no? She's invited me to Vietnam and said she'll pick me up from the airport. Is it worth paying her a visit next time I'm in the region?

Another bit of info - it was her birthday the other day. Google Translate says she asked for a gift, so I said I'd send her a present which is not money. She says it would mean a lot to her. She's given me her address in Vietnam and I've held up my end of the bargain and sent her a small toy. Does this mean anything?

Also, she said she would leave Singapore early September. She's still in Singapore and says she'll be leaving 5th October. I thought Vietnamese passport holders were only allowed 30 days visa free entry. What's up with that?

Sorry for all the questions! Really new at this and appreciate any help I can get!

forgotoldnick
19-09-2012, 06:40 PM
she'll pick me up from the airport. Is it worth paying her a visit next time I'm in the region?

sent her a small toy. Does this mean anything?

only allowed 30 days visa free entry. What's up with that?

no no no, not worth to continue further with her, unless u fuck and cannot forget, in love with WL? digging your vn grave very soon!!
u reach airport call bro deptrai4u, he will also be kind enough to pick u up i think. Jus buy him a bonk or something. hahaha!

my web vn frd can give me their full details from barely an hour chat, what do you think leh?

30days chop, after that can extend another 30days, if cannot extend then turn around trip to msia and back again to make it another 30days stay.

raidz70
19-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Senior bro please help.

I ask her why she like me then she reply this.

vi ban tot khong lam toi so.

mean what?

vietboy
19-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Senior bro please help.

I ask her why she like me then she reply this.

vi ban tot khong lam toi so.

mean what?

Because you good, wont make me scared.

KangTuo
19-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Gia dinh toi lam an that bai

my family sell food unsuccessfully

you are translating it directly "lam an" = "make food"
i think this is wrong translation :)

consult your oc what is "lam an that bai"... :)

vietboy
19-09-2012, 10:56 PM
thanks vietboy, you're a legend.

We've probably all heard it before. Vietnamese girl from a poor family comes to Singapore and enter the trade as a FL. She gets numbers off clients hoping for repeat business or to trick them into sending them money.

A part of me knows there's a high probability that I'm another sucker that's falling for her story, but another part of me is hoping that's not the case.

Senior bros, help me out here. What do I make of this given the messages I've posted up?

I still don't understand why she gave me her Vietnamese number, and now has continued to text while I'm miles away.

Yes, she's asked me to send her money ($5000, then $2500, then $1000). Why continue after I've said no? She's invited me to Vietnam and said she'll pick me up from the airport. Is it worth paying her a visit next time I'm in the region?

Another bit of info - it was her birthday the other day. Google Translate says she asked for a gift, so I said I'd send her a present which is not money. She says it would mean a lot to her. She's given me her address in Vietnam and I've held up my end of the bargain and sent her a small toy. Does this mean anything?

Also, she said she would leave Singapore early September. She's still in Singapore and says she'll be leaving 5th October. I thought Vietnamese passport holders were only allowed 30 days visa free entry. What's up with that?

Sorry for all the questions! Really new at this and appreciate any help I can get!

Like i said b4, i'm no legend. I'm just a normal guy like u. Also, i'm still learning still alot of words i dun know. There are lots of experts out there, some of them just keep quiet. :)

Now, let me tell u what i think of what u have asked:

she gives u her number so to KC u, as she see u potential KC target.

She is just trying her luck that one day u will say "ok, i'll send u money". And like what Forgetoldnick said, my advise is the same: dun bother to even tell her that u r going to vietnam. unless u want to have further dealings with her. It is not worth. Why? u go vn find her, surely u will bed her, once u do that, it will be $1000, then $2500, then $5000.

She's given me her address in Vietnam and I've held up my end of the bargain and sent her a small toy. Does this mean anything?
Yeah it means something. It means u are an even more potential KC target. More increased chance of KC-ing u.

Whats up with that? Cant u see? 1st she is not telling u the truth or rather telling u anything, in fact she doesnt have to as u r just a nobody to her. 2nd she is still in need of money, so in the future need to dig more money from u if she ever got the chance.

So just forget about her, it will save u time, save u the money that u used for texting her.

Above are my 2 dongs. :)

vietboy
19-09-2012, 11:05 PM
you are translating it directly "lam an" = "make food"
i think this is wrong translation :)

consult your oc what is "lam an that bai"...

Oh, u really 一语惊醒梦中人! After looking through again, it means "work not successful". The master has spoken. :D
Thanks for pointing that out. :) no need to consult oc.

See, oldmcdonald n greener, i'm not legend. I do make mistakes. ;)

Botarbolampar
19-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Interesting :D I'm hopeless in TV.

raidz70
20-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Because you good, wont make me scared.

ban cho toi co met lam khong mean what?

Thanks

LittleDidIKnow
20-09-2012, 01:48 AM
You wait for me, tired or not?

Just guessing...

jackbl
20-09-2012, 01:53 AM
nam rjet

work not smooth

How u come out with this meaning?

jackbl
20-09-2012, 01:58 AM

Without context, this sentence may be interpret as "bắn chó tôi, có mệt lắm không" = "Whack" my dog, very tired or not? :D :p ;)

vietboy
20-09-2012, 09:12 AM
How u come out with this meaning?

Another 一语惊醒梦中人! another mistake.

riết - pull tight; strict

In other words, she trying to say: chase too tight she scared. 追/逼太紧,我会怕怕。:D

vietboy
20-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Without context, this sentence may be interpret as "bắn chó tôi, có mệt lắm không" = "Whack" my dog, very tired or not? :D :p ;)

Yes, hard to decode without context can be anything.

jackbl
20-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Another 一语惊醒梦中人! another mistake.

riết - pull tight; strict

In other words, she trying to say: chase too tight she scared. 追/逼太紧,我会怕怕。:D

Really I dun know what is "nam rjet".... I can't decode the meaning, let alone make a sentence out of it.... U really improved alot.....

jackbl
20-09-2012, 09:59 AM

If u really put some time to learn, I dun think u will be hopeless, the most is less hope :D

jackbl
20-09-2012, 10:23 AM
The true story of an HIV-positive Vietnamese gay man

Editor’s note: Our columnist James Allen tells the true story of one of his friends, a Vietnamese, who is gay and HIV-positive. The name of the friend has been changed to protect the subject’s identity.

Being young and gay can be a tough deal sometimes. It is easy to forget how lucky I am to have been born into a generation which stands on the shoulders of those who courageously fought for the rights and freedoms I have in 2012. Coming to terms with your sexuality and facing the reactions of those you come out to can be very difficult indeed. The effort to advance LGBT issues in Vietnam is still in its infancy, with a long way yet to go. The recent gay pride march in Hanoi has given me the kick I needed to share the struggle of a Vietnamese friend of mine, Duy, who wishes to remain anonymous, but who has bravely allowed me to tell his particularly difficult story of being a young gay man in Vietnam.

Family is king in Vietnam; as the Vietnamese say, “Gia đình là trên hết.” This country is moving quickly: it’s opening up and a young generation is emerging, growing more confident than ever in who they are and how they want to lead their lives. A friend of mine, Duy, recently came out to me about a year ago. He is 22 years old. He sheepishly approached the subject and sought hope in the fact that I could relate to his situation. Not feeling particularly qualified to give advice but relying only on my own experience of coming out, I tried to instill in him a sense of confidence in who he was and how that identity would affect his life. Just telling someone the first time is a profound rite of passage in itself.

For many gay people here in Vietnam, it seems impossible to tell their families. They want – or rather expect – their sons and daughters to live at home, get married and have children. In stricter households, this is an un-bendable expectation. In the case of Duy, these expectations weren’t any different.

He’d dated, but was happy when he eventually found himself a boyfriend. Duy occasionally spoke to me to ask questions or just talk about his problems; standard friend behavior, albeit sporadic. Their relationship eventually ended, and some time passed in which he went on dates again and got on with things. A few months ago, I received a text from him saying that he had noticed a strange mark on his skin. He got tested and his doctor confirmed that he was HIV positive.

Sadly, through a lack of exposure to the facts, many who read this may solely associate homosexuality with a positive HIV status. This association is false. To put it into perspective, according to UNAIDS, at the end of 2009 an estimated 16.7% of men having sex with men were living with the disease in Vietnam (Viet Nam Aids Response Progress Report 2012). UNAIDS further reported that between 220,000 and 350,000 (www.unaids.org) people were estimated to be HIV-positive across the country, and as of 2011, cases of HIV have been reported in every one of Vietnam’s 63 provinces, in 98% of its districts and 77% of its communes. A lot of figures, a lot of facts, but by no means does 16.7% make HIV an exclusively gay problem.

At the age of 22 years old, Duy is young, HIV-positive and terrified. Despite the figures, he still feels relatively alone.

“Am I going to die?”

“How long will I live?”

“I saw on the Internet that a man was cured of HIV. Is that true?”

The questions came thick and fast, and I tried my best to answer or suggest sources of information. Luckily, Duy had started a relationship just before his positive result and his new boyfriend was amazingly supportive. Even though they had only been together for a few weeks, he stuck by him through all the hospital appointments and provided much-needed support, despite being young himself and having just as little in the way of information as Duy.

Being gay in Vietnam is still very controversial so, understandably, Duy hasn’t told his family. Thankfully, he has at least a couple of people he can confide in without judgment. That was until his boyfriend’s aunt found out that he was gay.

Scared by the reaction of the rest of the family should he continue his relationship with Duy, my friend's boyfriend didn’t know what to do. His fears were strong enough to cause him to want to take his own life. A shocked Duy eventually talked him down, but the crushing disappointment he felt he would cause his boyfriend’s family led Duy to end their relationship, knowing that his boyfriend’s situation would only get worse. With his boyfriend went a vital part of Duy’s support network, as small as it was, as well as his desire to keep taking his medication. After further communication, he has since returned to his doctor and is continuing with his treatment.

There is help out there, LGBT advice and support networks like www.isee.org.vn do exist, but you have to actively go out and look for them. I have no idea how Duy manages to deal with all of this and maintain a job at such a young age, but he does so without the support of friends or a family unit others would depend on. The cold hard truth of the matter is that, unless Duy starts opening up and telling more people, he won’t get the help he needs or the support he deserves. Being gay for Duy isn’t always going to be easy, but it doesn’t have to be awful either, and that’s largely up to him. For Duy there is a difficult choice ahead; he either faces his family, telling them who he is and the help he needs, possibly risking their disapproval, or he can go the way of many other gay men and women before him by keeping his silence and living a double life, essentially pleasing his family but hurting himself in the process and managing his illness, alone. I don’t think I am the unique in thinking that Duy deserves a lot better than the latter.

jackbl
20-09-2012, 10:25 AM
A Singaporean look at Vietnamese showbiz

Editor’s note: Kevin N. is a Singaporean make-up artist and hairstylist. He has worked with Vietnamese showbiz people for quite a long time. In this article, he writes about the dark side of the industry in Vietnam from his own point of view.

Engaging in the make-up industry for quite a long time, I have worked with showbiz people in some Southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam.Through what I have seen and heard (I spent four years learning Vietnamese), I think Vietnamese showbiz is so complicated and the following problems currently confront local celebrities:

Vietnamese celebrities often bad-mouth their colleagues. Unlike Thai, Singaporean, or South Korean artists who tend to support each other to make progress in their career, many singers and actors/actresses in Vietnam usually find ways to ‘sink’ their co-workers. In particular, some Vietnamese artists offered to pay my staff so that they applied ugly make-up or a hideous hairstyle on their ‘rivals.’ I myself received similar requests in return for a huge amount of money together with other benefits. Some even give their colleagues unpleasant nicknames.

I am also surprised at how hypocritical a number of Vietnamese celebrities are. They would be willing to give harsh comments right after sweetly greeting and hugging each other. I still remember one pretty famous male singer turned to others and said, “She would be there as a kept woman rather than a singer” just moments after he congratulated a female singer on an invitation to perform in the U.S.

One particular thing that keeps confusing me is why Vietnam has so many singers? Some young Vietnamese who are my customers have become singers thanks to a good appearance although they have a really bad voice. Honestly speaking, I cannot ‘absorb’ any bit of what they call ‘the best’ in the CDs they gave me.

I know many sad stories that resulted from the fact that so many Vietnamese people want to become singers. Many young Vietnamese who once participated in small and big model competitions have become the preys for immoral artists and showmen. It is now a common sight in which senior artists and showmen walk hand in hand with beautiful young boys and girls. They freely make affectionate gestures even though they may meet each other for several days only. I once asked a 20-year-old male model if he was in a relationship with the showman X. and he ignored me. It was not until the showman publicly announced his new ‘lover’ that the model admitted to having a sexual relationship with him before. The young man explained that he was both lured by the showman’s sweet promise to make him a star, and scared by his warning of rendering him impossible to work in the entertainment industry if he refused to have an intimate relationship. Innocence, greed for fame, and an improper education have all driven many young people to lose themselves. I am sure that there are many cases like the model’s in Vietnamese showbiz, as I have witnessed such eyesores at my shop, behind the curtains, and in bars and night clubs. And how on earth would one explain the reason for young artists buying houses, cars, and expensive handbags after joining showbiz for a short time, although they had to rent an apartment and borrow a motorbike not long ago?

I also know of some good-looking singers who have good voices but agree to sing in small cafés, and of models walking off the runway simply because they are afraid to encounter senior tough people in the industry. Insiders are already familiar with singers and models hiring people to beat one another for ‘warning.’ Some want to become bad guys with shocking statements and actions since all this is considered a good way of publicity in Vietnam. Instead of regular training, they spend time creating scandals to be covered in the press.

Recently, I have heard many ugly things about Vietnamese showbiz, but I think it is just part of the chaos out there.

Of course, what I have just spoken out does not provide a comprehensive picture of the local entertainment industry, as every sector has its own bright and dark sides. All I want by telling the above stories is to remind parents to be careful and not to let their children enter the industry so early because traps are always set up there.

jackbl
20-09-2012, 10:30 AM
The sexier you are, the more customers you’ll get

Instead of only displaying boring pictures showcasing her products on her website, a Vietnamese online shop owner has recently found a new way to get customers to her shop by showing how beautiful she is.

20-year-old girl Tran Le Minh Thao has recently become a local Internet sensation after a video featuring her introducing some cosmetic products sold at her online shop posted and spread at a speed of light on the Internet via social networks.

Not mentioning the quality of her goods, which are mainly beauty care products, the young girl has been praised for her gentle beauty and sexy curves. Nearly 300,000 YouTube users so far have flocked to her channel on the video-sharing site to see her video. The clip has so far received 700 likes and numerous compliments.

Despite some rude comments on her beauty, as well as opinions expressing doubt about how good her products are, Thao’s Facebook page has also become a magnet which has attracted more than 16,000 netizens flocking to keep in touch with the pretty shop owner.

As a result, a lot of orders for Thao’s goods have been made in a short time.

Besides complimenting the young girl for her beauty, a large number of netizens admitted that this is a good way to promote products and attract customers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvnNDSgBDAc&feature=youtu.be

LittleDidIKnow
20-09-2012, 10:42 AM

Didn't you have a Vietnamese wife?

V|ernar
20-09-2012, 10:50 AM

Anh Jack , this is the most funny post i even see . great work ~ lol

jackbl
20-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Anh Jack , this is the most funny post i even see . great work ~ lol

If u are not lazy, I think when u post, I will fall from my chair and laugh till I shed tears :D :p

V|ernar
20-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Thanks

i see nowadays many ppl trying to learn tv so the vb lowing their std of sms

and type simple tv hoping you all can understand .

since all beginner know ban is you , toi is i . the rest is cho is wait , met lam is tired . khong is a qus not .

V|ernar
20-09-2012, 10:59 AM
If u are not lazy, I think when u post, I will fall from my chair and laugh till I shed tears :D :p

you also know me mah , i look thing only into the KC words nia .. those other words i didnt even bother .

lol ... when you going to bring me to play again

raidz70
20-09-2012, 12:45 PM
i see nowadays many ppl trying to learn tv so the vb lowing their std of sms

and type simple tv hoping you all can understand .

since all beginner know ban is you , toi is i . the rest is cho is wait , met lam is tired . khong is a qus not .

thanks senior. Somehow their structure sentence is very weird. Have to get use to it

V|ernar
20-09-2012, 02:05 PM
thanks senior. Somehow their structure sentence is very weird. Have to get use to it

Nah , think it as Chinese will make it better

vietboy
20-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Really I dun know what is "nam rjet".... I can't decode the meaning, let alone make a sentence out of it.... U really improved alot.....

I tried searching for "nam riet" at a few online dicts and translators but all came up as nothing, so i broke it up and searched "riet".
I think there is no such phrase as "nam riet", think it is a typo the "nam" should be a "lam".

jackbl
20-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I tried searching for "nam riet" at a few online dicts and translators but all came up as nothing, so i broke it up and searched "riet".
I think there is no such phrase as "nam riet", think it is a typo the "nam" should be a "lam".

Good finding!!! But lam riet does not sound logical

E mau khoe dag dj lam co tjen tra no a à.nam rjet e lo lam, where u explained that riết - pull tight; strict......In other words, she trying to say: chase too tight she scared..... why LAM become chase???

I think her typo confused us a lot..... this may hinder out progress :(

vietboy
20-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Good finding!!! But lam riet does not sound logical

E mau khoe dag dj lam co tjen tra no a à.nam rjet e lo lam, where u explained that riết - pull tight; strict......In other words, she trying to say: chase too tight she scared..... why LAM become chase???

I think her typo confused us a lot..... this may hinder out progress :(

since it may hinder our progress, then forget about it since we have already decoded the general meaning of the sentence. Lets move on! :D

raidz70
20-09-2012, 09:29 PM
i ask her if she don't work and go out with me then who going to give her money.

She reply me this....

neu ban thich thi tra. khng tqa cung duoc khong sao.

senior bro do help to translate. too hard for new bird like me.

LittleDidIKnow
20-09-2012, 09:39 PM
i ask her if she don't work and go out with me then who going to give her money.

She reply me this....

neu ban thich thi tra. khng tqa cung duoc khong sao.

senior bro do help to translate. too hard for new bird like me.

If you like, then pay. Don't pay also can. Never mind.

LittleDidIKnow
20-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I really can't take it when Vietnamese girls keep using ban vs toi with me.

raidz70
20-09-2012, 10:03 PM

The translator came out another thing. I guess this is base on your own knowledge or experience? :D

I really can't take it when Vietnamese girls keep using ban vs toi with me.

why? me & you? something like that right?

raidz70
20-09-2012, 10:06 PM

then she follow up with a sms like this.

toi dang ngoi buon muon ve nha. Nhung ve nha co 1m buon.

i keep on seeing buon on the sms. buon mean love?

Senior please help :)

vietboy
20-09-2012, 11:13 PM
The translator came out another thing. I guess this is base on your own knowledge or experience? :D

Cos yur translator sucks. :D u use translator apps right? did u try use vdict?

Now u use this to practice using vdict to search for those words u dun know.

I help u a bit:
tôi đang ngồi, buồn, muốn về nhà. Nhưng về nhà có một mình buồn.

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 06:45 AM

why? me & you? something like that right?

Translator can only help that much if you don't give the words with the proper symbols on top of the words.

Yes, toi (I) and ban (you) is commonly used between 2 strangers or, at best, friends that just knew each other. Not close type.

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 06:47 AM

Let me guess again.

I'm now sitting, sad, want to go home. But go home got 1 person sad.

:(

jackbl
21-09-2012, 09:04 AM

I help u a bit:

Vietboy is asking him to try use vdict to check each word and then joint together the meaning....... yet u do it for him.... then he doesn't have chance to practise already :mad:

Next time when he has Q, u help him lor :D

vietboy
21-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Let me guess again.

Vietboy is asking him to try use vdict to check each word and then joint together the meaning....... yet u do it for him.... then he doesn't have chance to practise already :mad:

Next time when he has Q, u help him lor :D

Yes, littledidiknow, u r not helping him, u r spoonfeeding him! :mad:

More will come, so next time u spoonfeed him :D

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 12:57 PM

And you are?? You gave him all the words with the symbols, all he has to do is to copy and paste into Google Translater and boom... How is that helping him other than refining his skill of copying and pasting??

So does that means to learn TV, one has to be a pro at copying and pasting?

No wonder jackbl is so good at TV.

Seletar
21-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Let me guess again.

" got 1 person sad ", she means she alone, that is why sad.

jackbl
21-09-2012, 01:43 PM
And you are?? You gave him all the words with the symbols, all he has to do is to copy and paste into Google Translater and boom... How is that helping him other than refining his skill of copying and pasting??

For "tôi đang ngồi, buồn, muốn về nhà. Nhưng về nhà có một mình buồn", I do copy and paste to google and it shows me "I was sitting, sad, wants to go home. But the sad alone."

If u do copy & paste to google, you wont get close to the meaning.... U need to understand/search each word (if cannot, then try 2 words) in vdict or other dictionary for the closest meaning....

So u are making fun of me, saying I m good at copy and paste, right? :rolleyes:

flirtboy_sg
21-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Hi Pros here ,
need your help to translate this : minh cong viet khi nao,minh ve call you .

Really cannot figure out with google translate

Seletar
21-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Translator can only help that much if you don't give the words with the proper symbols on top of the words.

Yes, toi (I) and ban (you) is commonly used between 2 strangers or, at best, friends that just knew each other. Not close type.

I don't think so. When I just know this vb, she used em and anh, after 3 months, she used ox and bx. Later part I did not give money to her, she used toi and ban..:D

vietboy
21-09-2012, 02:41 PM

You have not meet jackbl that's why u say this. Those bros who have met him will know his TV level. Dun need me say more.

BTW, did u read what i posted earlier? I was telling him to search for those words he don't know. I didn't tell him to go copy and paste. I did not say copy and paste is the way to learn TV. Let me quote again let u see in case u lazy to refer back.

I help u a bit:

Why I add in the diacratic symbols is because I believed he is new to this vdict so i help him out a little. If not, a word will come up with lots of different combinations, if he doesnt know which one is the correct word, he will still be lost and will still come back here to ask. Also i'm doing him a favour of less the trouble of coming here again to ask.

I also believed you translated based on my this break up. :)

Happy Learning.

BTW, I'm vietboy. I'm just a normal guy trying to learn TV. :)

Seletar
21-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Why I add in the diacratic symbols is because I believed he is new to this vdict so i help him out a little. If not, a word will come up with lots of different combinations, if he doesnt know which one is the correct word, he will still be lost and will still come back here to ask. Also i'm doing him a favour of less the trouble of coming here again to ask.

Happy Learning.

Some short form can't find in Vdict, e.g um and ak. May I know the meaning, any one can help ? Thanks

vietboy
21-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Some short form can't find in Vdict, e.g um and ak. May I know the meaning, any one can help ? Thanks

Please give the whole sentence and the context so can help u decode.

raidz70
21-09-2012, 03:35 PM
For "tôi đang ngồi, buồn, muốn về nhà. Nhưng về nhà có một mình buồn", I do copy and paste to google and it shows me "I was sitting, sad, wants to go home. But the sad alone."

If u do copy & paste to google, you wont get close to the meaning.... U need to understand/search each word (if cannot, then try 2 words) in vdict or other dictionary for the closest meaning....

So u are making fun of me, saying I m good at copy and paste, right? :rolleyes:

" got 1 person sad ", she means she alone, that is why sad.

I help u a bit:

Thanks Senior. Next time i will do my research first before asking question.

she reply ban co di lam khong. co met lam khong.

I think she is asking me whether i am working and if my neck is still tired?

Previously i told her that my neck is aching.

Senior please comment on my translation if i am correct. :)

raidz70
21-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Let me guess again.

Thanks for your help :) btw what is ox & bx?

KangTuo
21-09-2012, 04:08 PM

ox = ong xao = a cheating guy
bx = ben xe = bus terminal

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 04:09 PM
You have not meet jackbl that's why u say this. Those bros who have met him will know his TV level.

Happy Learning.

1. Are you sure I've not met Jack before? :) of course I don't need you to remind me his TV proficiency level.

2. I did the translation once he posted the request for help. I've not even seen your post yet. How am I supposed to know what you have posted when I've not read downwards? I'm surfing this forum on Forum Runner, hence its easy for me to just straightaway reply any messages...

3. As mentioned above, I've already posted my reply even reading hour post. Do I still need to read hour translation in order to "guess" what is the message? Why the fellow posted and asked is quite basic. Anyone who has played the viet scene should not have problem understanding it.

:)

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 04:11 PM

I don't help translate already lah.... Later the "owners" of this thread unhappy with me again... :):)

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't think so. When I just know this vb, she used em and anh, after 3 months, she used ox and bx. Later part I did not give money to her, she used toi and ban..:D

See? She's using different way of addressing you and her in order to show how close the relationship between the two of you is.

Anh / Em - 哥哥 / 妹妹
Ongxa / Baxa - 老公 / 老婆
Ban / Toi - 朋友/ 我

vietboy
21-09-2012, 04:52 PM
ox = ong xao = a cheating guy
bx = ben xe = bus terminal

no no, bx = ba xao = a cheating gal
:D

vietboy
21-09-2012, 04:58 PM
1. Are you sure I've not met Jack before? :) of course I don't need you to remind me his TV proficiency level.

2. I did the translation once he posted the request for help. I've not even seen your post yet. How am I supposed to know what you have posted when I've not read downwards? I'm surfing this forum on Forum Runner, hence its easy for me to just straightaway reply any messages...

3. As mentioned above, I've already posted my reply even reading hour post. Do I still need to read hour translation in order to "guess" what is the message? Why the fellow posted and asked is quite basic. Anyone who has played the viet scene should not have problem understanding it.

:)

please click back a page and look at the time u posted and the time i posted, if not look at the order of it. BTW, FYI, even if u r on moderation, if u have posted earlier than me, yur post will still be in front of mine.

BTW, i'm refering about the translation of the topic "buon", not the previous "pay money" topic which u have already translated for him. :)

Yes, agreed with u it is very basic but obviously he is new to this scene so got problem understanding. Best is dun step into this scene then no problems liao.

vietboy
21-09-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't help translate already lah.... Later the "owners" of this thread unhappy with me again... :):)

AdGuy, where r u? Some is calling u! :D

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 05:06 PM
no no, bx = ba xao = a cheating gal
:D

I tot ba xao is cheating Aunty? hjhj...

vietboy
21-09-2012, 05:08 PM
I tot ba xao is cheating Aunty? hjhj...

must tally with KT's one mah.
guy then gal
if uncle then aunty loh :D

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 05:09 PM

no la... totally wrong!!!

she ask u free or not? your dick got tired need some dick massage or not. if wan pls quote.

hehe:D:p

raidz70
21-09-2012, 05:21 PM

she ask u free or not? your dick got tired need some dick massage or not. if wan pls quote.

haha.... sure boh? :rolleyes:

vietboy
21-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi Pros here ,
need your help to translate this : minh cong viet khi nao,minh ve call you .

Really cannot figure out with google translate

Think the comma is at the wrong place.
Should be: minh cong viec, khi nao minh ve call you.

you try use vdict to search word by word or 2 words like cong viec and khi nao.
please do not cut and paste on google translate, it will not get anything close to the meaning. This is what i got from cut and paste on google translate: Intelligent Jobs, when I call you

yummyymym
21-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Guys just want to check they like to use the word Vay.

When do we use it?

Sao vay
E noi Cho a Neu a Ko Hieu gi hoi Cho e Vay

What does it mean? Does it turn a sentence into a question?

forgotoldnick
21-09-2012, 07:10 PM

I think she is asking me whether i am working and if my neck is still tired?

Previously i told her that my neck is aching.

She din say about your neck leh.

forgotoldnick
21-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Like tat also can.....hahhha....friday liao....all bros got mood to spin liao.....

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 07:16 PM
please click back a page and look at the time u posted and the time i posted, if not look at the order of it. BTW, FYI, even if u r on moderation, if u have posted earlier than me, yur post will still be in front of mine.

Obviously you have problem understanding my basic English reply. Spent too much time learning Vietnamese, maybe.

Did you even read the part that I said I'm browsing this forum using Forum Runner?????

What I meant was... I am surfing this forum using Forum Runner on my phone. Hence, when I come to his post, immediately I posted a reply before reading any other post after his. Hence, it could be the case that you had already made the post with the symbols added to the words BUT I would not have read it yet before making my post.

Anyway, is it any fucking concern of you that I chose to reply to a fellow samster request for help? You mean I have to seek the approval of every "seniors" in this thread before rendering a helping hand??? That bloke may not have the time to search through the web for the meaning of the SMS that his girl sent him and hence posted here for some quick help. So what's the situation now? Everyone need a BA in Vietnamese Language before he can sian Vietnamese girls??

Don't like my post, just ignore. Not happy with my reply, just zap me lah...

You may have played the scene for quite some time. Just don't assume that everyone with a new nick is also a newbie in the scene. When I'm ktv'ing with AdGuy and Botarbolampa in the past, you may not even had started yet, ok?

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 07:18 PM
AdGuy, where r u? Some is calling u! :D

So you still know that AdGuy is the "owner" of the forum?? Stop acting like one then...

forgotoldnick
21-09-2012, 07:18 PM

When do we use it?

Sao vay

I remember u bro, this is not the first time u asking about this word right?

Why dont u try translate the whole sentence first,?

raidz70
21-09-2012, 07:58 PM

vdict say co stand for neck? but translator say co = no?

yummyymym
21-09-2012, 09:29 PM

Still cannot get the hang of it lolz so trying to see if anyone answer that is of a different angle that I can understand better

yummyymym
21-09-2012, 09:31 PM

When do we use it?

Sao vay

As in I understand that sentence but just don't get it Where Vay kicks in

I say give you if you don't understand what ask give me Vay

LittleDidIKnow
21-09-2012, 09:47 PM
As in I understand that sentence but just don't get it Where Vay kicks in

I say give you if you don't understand what ask give me Vay

You have been told couple of times already.. Just ignore the vay if its used at the end of the sentence. It mean nothing. Tell me... Does "lah", "leh" or "lor" means anything to you??

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 11:04 PM

ya la... y wan she care abt your neck when she care abt your dick? hehehe :D:p

oldmcdonald
21-09-2012, 11:05 PM
hi guys,

can i please have some help with this one? google translate has given me the gist of it and it sounds important :P

5.10 toi se co mat tai vietnam, toi ko lam viec singapor nua. toi o vietnam se cho ban qua. toi ko thich lam cong viec do, tai ja dinh toi kho khan, nen toi moi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban.

what does it mean and what are your bro's thoughts?

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 11:15 PM

translator really say co = no? fark the translator then!

bro u really need to know vietnamese words are constructed by latin alphabet with diacritic mark.

just like our chinese "jiao" it can mean "call" or it can mean "lan jiao"

tio boh?:D

i started learning by browsing every single "co" u can find on vdick and locate the most suitable one according to the context of the conversation.

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 11:17 PM
hi guys,

can i please have some help with this one? google translate has given me the gist of it and it sounds important :P

5.10 toi se co mat tai vietnam, toi ko lam viec singapor nua. toi o vietnam se cho ban qua. toi ko thich lam cong viec do, tai ja dinh toi kho khan, nen toi moi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban.

my thought is... " can u pls support me financially in vietnam? if not forget about it"

so u c if u really love her or not... and also see how deep is your pocket

ilovedoggie
21-09-2012, 11:30 PM

bro, i heard this short form can be learnt by other means... for example:

u: LT?
vb: um
u insert...
vb: ak....

hjhjhjhj...:D

forgotoldnick
21-09-2012, 11:48 PM
hi guys,

What did u tell her earlier? Before she send u this message. Is your bd coming soon?

vietboy
21-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Obviously you have problem understanding my basic English reply. Spent too much time learning Vietnamese, maybe.

Did you even read the part that I said I'm browsing this forum using Forum Runner?????

What I meant was... I am surfing this forum using Forum Runner on my phone. Hence, when I come to his post, immediately I posted a reply before reading any other post after his. Hence, it could be the case that you had already made the post with the symbols added to the words BUT I would not have read it yet before making my post.

yes, yur england previously was really de powderful. Too powderful for me. :D If u have said this earlier, maybe i can understand. but what u posted earlier can mislead people to think otherwise :

3. As mentioned above, I've already posted my reply even reading hour post.

Anyway, is it any fucking concern of you that I chose to reply to a fellow samster request for help? You mean I have to seek the approval of every "seniors" in this thread before rendering a helping hand??? That bloke may not have the time to search through the web for the meaning of the SMS that his girl sent him and hence posted here for some quick help. So what's the situation now? Everyone need a BA in Vietnamese Language before he can sian Vietnamese girls??

Yes, it not my concern and I would rather concern a girl then concern about u posted. Since when did i ever criticised what you translated? And from the start I never meant anything. It was u being confrontational. Did u even noticed that when I posted that u spoonfeeding him i did put a laughing face at the end?

Don't like my post, just ignore. Not happy with my reply, just zap me lah...
See, u r being confrontational again.

You may have played the scene for quite some time. Just don't assume that everyone with a new nick is also a newbie in the scene. When I'm ktv'ing with AdGuy and Botarbolampa in the past, you may not even had started yet, ok?

I never thought that u r a newbie, if u r a newbie, u would be like him unable to decode that sentence. It is you who is acting like "senior" now telling me that : "hey, i start chiong way back in the past, u not even started then. I'm a Lau Jiao u know or not?"

vietboy
21-09-2012, 11:58 PM
So you still know that AdGuy is the "owner" of the forum?? Stop acting like one then...

FYI, since I 1st started posting here, I did not act like i "own" this thread.
BTW, AdGuy is not the owner of this forum. The BOSS is. :)

vietboy
21-09-2012, 11:59 PM

Wa, yur memory so good sia. :D

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:03 AM

bro u really need to know vietnamese words are constructed by latin alphabet with diacritic mark.

tio boh?

Lan jiao is not chinese hor, its hokkien leh. :D

i started learning by browsing every single "co" u can find on vdick and locate the most suitable one according to the context of the conversation.

This is the "trial & error" method that jackbl had mentioned many times! :)

yummyymym
22-09-2012, 12:05 AM

His memory is always good. Only cannot remember his old Nick. Hjhj

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:13 AM

tio boh?:D

Bro, no need like that treat new bird leh... of course new bird like us not very pro.. that why come in seek senior help.

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:14 AM
hi guys,

My thoughts similar to doggie's:
very hard to work, i dun wan to work, if u loved me u give me money. I love yur money. :D
But like this got sound important or not?

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Lan jiao is not chinese hor, its hokkien leh. :D

This is the "trial & error" method that jackbl had mentioned many times! :)

ya... that what i did.... then some senior here say co not neck... ?

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Bro, no need like that treat new bird leh... of course new bird like us not very pro.. that why come in seek senior help.

Dun quite understand why u made this statement.:confused:
What doggie is telling u, he is telling the truth!
If yur that translator really tells u that co = no, u can change translator liao.
Also we have recommended u to use vdict but u never listen still stick to that shitty translator. :(

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Dun quite understand why u made this statement.:confused:
What doggie is telling u, he is telling the truth!
If yur that translator really tells u that co = no, u can change translator liao.
Also we have recommended u to use vdict but u never listen still stick to that shitty translator. :(

ya... using vdict now... just trial & error... when did i say i am sticking to that shitty translator?

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:24 AM
ya... using vdict now... just trial & error... when did i say i am sticking to that shitty translator?

see yur own post below

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:30 AM
ya... that what i did.... then some senior here say co not neck... ?

This is the reason why giving the context is important, if not a word can have lots of different combi, can mean anything. Then will lead to confusion.

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:30 AM
see yur own post below

that was before doggie told me that the translator is fark up :)

vietboy
22-09-2012, 12:40 AM
that was before doggie told me that the translator is fark up :)

before he told u, i already told u yur translator sucks roi.

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:41 AM

that i didn't notice....

Seletar
22-09-2012, 12:47 AM
bro, i heard this short form can be learnt by other means... for example:

u: LT?
vb: um
u insert...
vb: ak....

hjhjhjhj...:D

I guess it is their expression, um is yes , ak is no. :)

jackbl
22-09-2012, 12:49 AM

The best translator is Vietnam brand "long-hair" translator :D :p

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 12:55 AM

relax la bro, actually both of u are helping people sincerely, and doing a very good job also....

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 01:03 AM
His memory is always good. Only cannot remember his old Nick. Hjhj

nb vay
ccb vay
hahaha vay,,,,:D

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 01:05 AM

though he poking your backside but he is still teaching, u read carefully into his reply.;)

raidz70
22-09-2012, 01:29 AM
though he poking your backside but he is still teaching, u read carefully into his reply.;)

yes... have to learn it the hard way... :(

vietboy
22-09-2012, 01:42 AM
The best translator is Vietnam brand "long-hair" translator :D :p

yeah, then wat u waiting for? Go get 1! :D

vietboy
22-09-2012, 01:43 AM
relax la bro, actually both of u are helping people sincerely, and doing a very good job also....

Thanks bro for understanding. :)

LittleDidIKnow
22-09-2012, 01:50 AM
FYI, since I 1st started posting here, I did not act like i "own" this thread.
BTW, AdGuy is not the owner of this forum. The BOSS is. :)

You're the first one who started calling out for AdGuy. Read back your own post.

LittleDidIKnow
22-09-2012, 01:56 AM
yes, yur england previously was really de powderful. Too powderful for me. :D If u have said this earlier, maybe i can understand. but what u posted earlier can mislead people to think otherwise :

Yes, it not my concern and I would rather concern a girl then concern about u posted. Since when did i ever criticised what you translated? And from the start I never meant anything. It was u being confrontational. Did u even noticed that when I posted that u spoonfeeding him i did put a laughing face at the end?

See, u r being confrontational again.

I never thought that u r a newbie, if u r a newbie, u would be like him unable to decode that sentence. It is you who is acting like "senior" now telling me that : "hey, i start chiong way back in the past, u not even started then. I'm a Lau Jiao u know or not?"

Sorry, I think using smily I'd a very icy-moronic thing to do. It's like giving two tight slaps and stab you a few times then say sorry while grinning at the same time.

Me acting like a senior? Look who's talking... Telling me down and saying I had to refer to your post with the symbols before I can give my own translation, isn't that implying that I am a newbie and am depending on your post to give translation?

vietboy
22-09-2012, 02:44 AM
You're the first one who started calling out for AdGuy. Read back your own post.

Yes, bcos initially u said "owners" of this thread so i called out to AdGuy, then u mentioned that AdGuy is the "owner" of the forum so i corrected u to say owner is the BOSS loh.

vietboy
22-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Sorry, I think using smily I'd a very icy-moronic thing to do. It's like giving two tight slaps and stab you a few times then say sorry while grinning at the same time.

Me acting like a senior? Look who's talking... Telling me down and saying I had to refer to your post with the symbols before I can give my own translation, isn't that implying that I am a newbie and am depending on your post to give translation?

Ok lah,anything lah, u wanna win, let u win loh. Chin chai lah. :rolleyes:
No point in carry on this anymore. Will only impede others learning TV.
If not someone will say i dun let ppl off. :D

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 03:06 AM

sorry i just know u r new bird... u know what? same like me! im also new bird! :D

sir... like that is treat u not good? i really hv nothing to say alrdy.:mad:

fyi, i really go check every single "co" i can find on vdick but i really cant find anything related to "no" because i also dont know every "co". bo pian lor... im not old bird so have to do trial and error way like prof vietboy say. huhuhu...

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 03:09 AM
I guess it is their expression, um is yes , ak is no. :)

ak is also no? haha... how come today many viet word is no. :D

um is obviously yes.

the "ak" i think is something like "ah"

so far my limited experience i only see such expression from gen z. wow bro seletar which syt mei mei r u eating now? hjhj:D:p

raidz70
22-09-2012, 05:41 AM
sorry i just know u r new bird... u know what? same like me! im also new bird! :D

sir... like that is treat u not good? i really hv nothing to say alrdy.:mad:

fyi, i really go check every single "co" i can find on vdick but i really cant find anything related to "no" because i also dont know every "co". bo pian lor... im not old bird so have to do trial and error way like prof vietboy say. huhuhu...

No problem doggie senior :) Btw what does huhuhu mean? is it an expression?

oldmcdonald
22-09-2012, 10:18 AM
my thought is... " can u pls support me financially in vietnam? if not forget about it"

so u c if u really love her or not... and also see how deep is your pocket

My thoughts similar to doggie's:
very hard to work, i dun wan to work, if u loved me u give me money. I love yur money. :D
But like this got sound important or not?

thanks guys for the reply.
that was the complete opposite to what google translate was telling me...or maybe I interpreted it differently.

What did u tell her earlier? Before she send u this message. Is your bd coming soon?

Leading up to this, she was saying she would return to Vietnam on 5/10, so I asked if she is definitely going. She said she hasn't bought the ticket yet. I wasn't going to offer to buy her ticket, so I changed the topic and told her my birthday is 6/10 (which it is).

She asked "toi phai lam sao de cho sinh nhat cua ban duoc hanh phuc" which Google told me meant "What can I do to give your birthday be happy?", so asking what I'd like for my birthday.

So, I went to Google and plugged this in:
I will be happy to know that you have arrived in safely in Vietnam and not doing your job in Singapore. I want to receive a SMS from you from Vietnam telling me you're home. Can I have this gift?

Google spat out:
Tôi sẽ rất vui để biết rằng bạn đã đến an toàn tại Việt Nam và không làm công việc của bạn trong Xin-ga-po.Tôi muốn nhận được một tin nhắn SMS từ bạn từ Việt Nam nói với tôi rằng bạn ở nhà.Tôi có thể có món quà này?

Given the background and context, does it change the meaning or interpretation of what she wrote?
"5.10 toi se co mat tai vietnam, toi ko lam viec singapor nua. toi o vietnam se cho ban qua. toi ko thich lam cong viec do, tai ja dinh toi kho khan, nen toi moi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban."

I replied I didn't understand (toi khong hieu) and she wrote
Ban keu thong dich cua ban, dich dum di.
A minute later she wrote "Ban co j muon noi voi toi ko?"
What do these mean?

vietnam80
22-09-2012, 10:56 AM
No problem doggie senior :) Btw what does huhuhu mean? is it an expression?

If u had watch the earlier liang popo film , u will know "huhuhuhu" means what leh...

i post link for u below and u see what it mean ok? :D;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYqeIkGvi5U

jackbl
22-09-2012, 11:02 AM
toi yeu ban.

First time I see people say I love you wrote as Toi Yeu Ban :D :p

Seletar
22-09-2012, 11:07 AM
ak is also no? haha... how come today many viet word is no. :D

um is obviously yes.

the "ak" i think is something like "ah"

so far my limited experience i only see such expression from gen z. wow bro seletar which syt mei mei r u eating now? hjhj:D:p

yes, gen z, 22 yr old. Very susah, see one like one... huhuhu not hihihi hor.

jackbl
22-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Robbery on the streets of Saigon

VietNamNet Bridge - In recent time in Ho Chi Minh City there were several cases of robbery in which the robbers fiercely assaulted, injured and even stabbed to death victims, and also policemen who chased them. This shows that robbery has become a big problem in Vietnam’s biggest city, which can make the city appear worse in the eyes of international friends.

HCM City authorities have brought this problem to discussion many times but robbery is still rampant and a big concern of local people.

VietNamNet would like to introduce a series of reports reflecting the status of robbery in HCM City and the opinion of people who have experience with it: street knights, police officers, etc. with the hope to alert people every time they go out and when they face robbers.

Laptops – the most favorite target of robbers

The latest robbery case in HCM City occurred in the morning of September 17 at the intersection of Cong Hoa - Hoang Hoa Tham in Tan Binh District. Robber Cao Xuan Lap, 28, was arrested and charged with robbery and murder.

Lap confessed that he was an electronic repairer but this job was unstable. Lacking of money, in the morning of September 17, he drove a motorcycle to the street to rob, targeting people with laptops.

Running around many roads, on Cong Hoa Road, Lap discovered Mr. Hoang Ngoc Tri, 22, carrying his girlfriend on his motorbike, with a laptop hung in the front of the vehicle. Lap pulled the laptop bag. Tri shouted for help and chased after Lap with other people. Lap stabbed Tri to death and seriously injured a police officer.

According to HCM City police, arrested robbers declared that they “favored” of robbing laptops. These robbers aimed at office employees who take laptops to and from their offices.

Not very long ago, Mr. Vo Minh Phong and his wife Dinh Ngoc Quynh Nhu, reporters of HCM City Law Newspaper, lost their laptop, camera and other assets in a robbery case at 8am, on their way to office.

In mid-August, District 9 Police Bureau prosecuted two men - Le Van Tinh, 20, and Dang Nhu Y, 19 for robbery and murder.

The two robbers confessed that they liked robbing laptops on Hanoi Highway because in the morning, this road is very crowded and many people carry laptop bags but they are rather subjective and careless.

Tinh and Y declared that to prepare for robbing laptop bags, they also took sharp scissors with them. Whenever they saw people would carry bags with straps they would come from behind, quickly cut the strap, grabbed the bag and speed up to escape.

In several hours in a morning, these men successfully robbed three laptop bags on the road. In the 3rd robbery, they were chased by the victims, the people and the police so they used knives to attack these people. They even pulled a gun from a policeman to oppose fiercely, injuring two passers-by and two policemen.

Why do robbers become murders?

Lieutenant Colonel Trinh Van Sam, head of the investigating police team for social order crimes, District 9 Police Bureau, said that in general, robbers are usually reckless and are ready to injure those who chase after them.

Sam said that when they were arrested, all robbers declared that they did not intentionally kill people. They just wanted to “open the blood way” to escape.

VietNamNet’s reporters had met with robbers when they had just arrested by the police. Most of them had criminal records but whenever they got out of jail, they continued robbery.

It seems that robbers clearly understand the law. They know that this crime is only sentenced for a few years in jail.

They are also very confident in their driving ability. Whenever they identify the prey, they are ready to rob, regardless of how busy streets are.

A reconnaissance policeman in HCM City explained that when they are hunted, criminals frantically resist escaping, especially criminals who carry weapons.

"Once facing this type of crime, it is the best to coordinate with others to chase them, try to disarm them, in order to minimize casualties to the people," the police officer said.

Dam De- Nguyen Oanh

jackbl
22-09-2012, 11:54 AM
38 – Have to – must do something – phải
In this lesson, we’ll learn how to use the verb Phải, which means “have to.”
subject + phải + verb
subject + không + phải + verb

Mấy giờ anh phải đi?
What time you (male) have to go/leave?
What time do you have to go/leave?

Anh không phải đi làm hôm nay.
I (male) don’t have to go to work today
I don’t have to go to work today

Người Mỹ đến Việt Nam có phải xin visa không? Có
people America come to VN have to ask for visa or no? Yes
Do Americans visiting Vietnam have to apply for visa? Yes

If it is mandatory to do something, such as “must”, you can use “bắt buộc phải” (caught and forced to do something)

Bệnh nhân bị đau tim bắt buộc phải đi cấp cứu
Patient hurt, pain heart must go emergengy
Heart attack patient must go to the emergency room (at the hospital)

Phải also means “right” as in “bên phải” (on the right) or rẽ phải (turn right).

jackbl
22-09-2012, 11:57 AM
39 – still – còn
=========================
Còn means “still” (adverb) or “still have” (verb)
subject + còn + verb/adjective
adverb

Trời còn mưa to lắm! Chưa đi được đâu!
Sky still rains big very! not yet go able
It’s still raining very heavily! We cannot go yet.

Anh còn bao nhiêu tiền?
You (male) still have how much money
How much money do you still have?

Có còn đủ tiền mua vé không?
still have enough money to buy ticket or no?
Do you still have enough money to buy ticket?

Còn phải + verb means you still have to do something

Em còn phải thi toán nữa
I still have to take an exam math
I still have to take the math exam

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 12:08 PM

his bx knows he is newbies in this scene mah....dun like tat lah...hjhjhjh

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:38 PM

because toi & ban is for stranger or friend?

so the correct phrase should be Anh Yeu Em?

raidz70
22-09-2012, 12:44 PM
If u had watch the earlier liang popo film , u will know "huhuhuhu" means what leh...

i post link for u below and u see what it mean ok? :D;)

So it is an expression... still don't quite catch the ball when to use it... :o

oldmcdonald
22-09-2012, 12:48 PM

What does bx stand for? And vb?

jackbl
22-09-2012, 12:49 PM

It is not whether he is newbies or oldies.... It means how his "bx" expressed her feeling to him...

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Leading up to this, she was saying she would return to Vietnam on 5/10, so I asked if she is definitely going. She said she hasn't bought the ticket yet. I wasn't going to offer to buy her ticket, so I changed the topic and told her my birthday is 6/10 (which it is).

yes, so i am correct to think that u told her your bd is coming soon.

She asked "toi phai lam sao de cho sinh nhat cua ban duoc hanh phuc" which Google told me meant "What can I do to give your birthday be happy?", so asking what I'd like for my birthday.

yes, correct, thats how i understand from this also.

So, I went to Google and plugged this in:
I will be happy to know that you have arrived in safely in Vietnam and not doing your job in Singapore. I want to receive a SMS from you from Vietnam telling me you're home. Can I have this gift?

Google spat out:
Tôi sẽ rất vui để biết rằng bạn đã đến an toàn tại Việt Nam và không làm công việc của bạn trong Xin-ga-po.Tôi muốn nhận được một tin nhắn SMS từ bạn từ Việt Nam nói với tôi rằng bạn ở nhà.Tôi có thể có món quà này?

sounds longwinded, but i think she will understand what u mean.

Given the background and context, does it change the meaning or interpretation of what she wrote?
"5.10 toi se co mat tai vietnam, toi ko lam viec singapor nua. toi o vietnam se cho ban qua. toi ko thich lam cong viec do, tai ja dinh toi kho khan, nen toi moi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban."

Ban keu thong dich cua ban, dich dum di.

"Ban co j muon noi voi toi ko?"

I'll clear your doubts, since i have your sincere reply,

5.10 i will have face to go back vietnam, i dont want to work in singapore anymore. i will let u come when i am in vietnam. i dun like that job, because of poor family (no $) i have to do something like this, if u love me, u have to understand me (so how to understand her, by sending soft toys?, or by playing Mr Nice?, no no, by sending $$$ to her,yes yes, because poor family, no work, no money). i want u to have a happy birthday. i love u.

u "call" (she means find) translate/translator of yours, translate it out

you still have what to say to me arnot?

My opinion: If u r not even prepared to spend her an air ticket, this relationships probably wont work out. Numerous messages she had sent have been revolving with $$$ issues. $$$ is the key to sustain and maintain this relationship. Dun need to spend time KCing with her lah, since u dun intend to give any $$$ to help her poor family.

Buying a soft toy or doing some romantic stuffs dont work, she is definately not looking for puppy love with you, dun need KC. Right now, if u pass her 10K, she can be even willing to bore a kid for u, but bear in mind that this 10k is not the end, there will be many many 10ksss forthcoming. If you are still thinking to trying to play that Mr nice with sweet talking, your luck isnt there!!!!! $$$ is the first and the last thing!!!!!

i just have to be blunt!!!!!! if you still not convinced, take a trip to vn, dun give her any money, if you have to go to her house then go emptyhanded (or just buy some present that worth a dime), fuck her in the hotel, and say bye bye to her. write your FR. i am most eager to know how your relationship will work out after that.

BX= ba xa
OX= ong xa
BX LT voi OX, sung chet ah!!!!!
wife make love with hubby, song xiiii arhhhh

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 01:09 PM
So it is an expression... still don't quite catch the ball when to use it... :o

catch it!!!! it means "crying" mostly.....

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 01:17 PM
It is not whether he is newbies or oldies.... It means how his "bx" expressed her feeling to him...

his bx understanding ma, wanted to get her message across because she knew he is using google translator to communicate. take ban yeu toi translate is "i love u" ma.

oldmcdonald
22-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Buying a soft toy or doing some romantic stuffs dont work, she is definately not looking for puppy love with you, dun need KC. Right now, if u pass her 10K, she can be even willing to bore a kid for u, but bear in mind that this 10k is not the end, there will be many many 10ksss forthcoming. If you are still thinking to trying to play that Mr nice with sweet talking, your luck isnt there!!!!! $$$ is the first and the last thing!!!!!

thanks bro for clarifying that for me.
I just replied to her "Anh thích em, tôi muốn giúp bạn nhưng tôi không có tiền. Có lẽ bạn sẽ để lại.".
It'll be interesting to see what she says.

i just have to be blunt!!!!!! if you still not convinced, take a trip to vn, dun give her any money, if you have to go to her house then go emptyhanded (or just buy some present that worth a dime), fuck her in the hotel, and say bye bye to her. write your FR. i am most eager to know how your relationship will work out after that.
In all honesty, I was going to take a quick trip to vietnam the next time I'd be in Singapore, but that won't be until early next year. I told her about going to Singapore next year and she said come to vietnam and she'd pick me up from the airport. She also said she'd take me to her house to play (thanks Google) but she said to book a hotel.

We all know what's gonna happen.

She'll realise now I won't be paying for her and won't bother replying.
If she continues to reply, it'll be interesting to see if she keeps it up until my trip next year. In which case, going to VN for a couple of days wouldn't hurt.

I'll go empty handed, won't pay a dime. Chances are she'll realise she won't get anything out of me. If she doesn't, she'll come to my hotel and we'll do the deed.

She'll probably demand money, which I won't give so that will be the end of it.
If she doesn't demand money, then maybe she passes...but all bros on here know about the remote chances of that.

I don't know a lot about vietnam and naive when it comes to the living conditions or the standard of living in asian countries. What's it like there? What does it take for a girl to enter the trade (either voluntarily or involuntarily)? Poor family? How poor are we talking?

oldmcdonald
22-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I just replied to her "Anh thích em, tôi muốn giúp bạn nhưng tôi không có tiền. Có lẽ bạn sẽ để lại.".
It'll be interesting to see what she says.

she replied back
toi can la tinh yeu that su, chu ko phai tien bac. tai ban hoi gia dinh toi, thi toi chi noi dung su that thoi. chu ko co y nghi j het. toi ko muon tinh yeu xoi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban.

can any bro help me translate? much appreciated

jackbl
22-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't know a lot about vietnam and naive when it comes to the living conditions or the standard of living in asian countries. What's it like there? What does it take for a girl to enter the trade (either voluntarily or involuntarily)? Poor family? How poor are we talking?

Try reading thru these to have a better/some understanding of Vn :

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=64297

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=191410

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 03:23 PM
she replied back
toi can la tinh yeu that su, chu ko phai tien bac. tai ban hoi gia dinh toi, thi toi chi noi dung su that thoi. chu ko co y nghi j het. toi ko muon tinh yeu xoi lam vay, neu ban yeu toi, ban phai hieu cho toi.

can any bro help me translate? much appreciated

i need real love, not about money. because u asked about my family, then i reply honestly with facts. not intended at anything. i dun want this to break our relationship, if u love me, u have to understand me. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban.

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 03:47 PM
i need real love, not about money. because u asked about my family, then i reply honestly with facts. not intended at anything. i dun want this to break our relationship, if u love me, u have to understand me. toi muon sinh nhat ban duoc hanh phuc. toi yeu ban.

bro forgotoldnick is right.

we alrdy tell the true but hard truth but u refuse to listen. probably she has a problematic family like father gambling, mother keep playing cards, brother do nothing but keep taking drugs and farking chicken. and all of them demand money from her. so she has to take up the burden and work for fast money. what more asking her to dump her problematic family has much lower probability than u striking toto 1st prize. so in other words, can u share her burden?

she alrdy say "ban phai hieu cho toi" so many times but u still don't get it do u? i can say she probably like u and consider u as a potential partner, if that's what you want to hear, because being lovey dovey like normal people is not really important to her. what's more important is her family living happily. with that it comes with great cost and she wants to bear it.

and u refuse to buy her air ticket?! wah lao... how u wan to kc her???

Support her with some $$$ and u will get what u want. if u refuse to support her with $$$ then she has to work as WL in order to get the $$$. Simple enough?

unless u hv KC power like some bros here who can drive them crazy and fark them for free and dump them when they ask for $$$.:D

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 03:49 PM

if shes nice to your cock then mai hiam buay pai liao... :D

raidz70
22-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Senior...

some of the word got number behind like thu 2.

what does it mean? thu 2nd sound? since thu come out many different combination.

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Senior...

some of the word got number behind like thu 2.

what does it mean? thu 2nd sound? since thu come out many different combination.

u hv wild imagination. this one we help.

thu 2 = thu hai = monday

raidz70
22-09-2012, 07:12 PM
u hv wild imagination. this one we help.

thu 2 = thu hai = monday

because one of the senior feedback that VT is similar to mandarin. mandarin got 4 sound per character.

so 2 = hai? how about 1? example 1 nguoi

jackbl
22-09-2012, 07:50 PM
unless u hv KC power like some bros here who can drive them crazy and fark them for free and dump them when they ask for $$$.:D

Are u talking about yourself? They dunno but I know your history. Hehe

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 09:32 PM
because one of the senior feedback that VT is similar to mandarin. mandarin got 4 sound per character.

so 2 = hai? how about 1? example 1 nguoi

pls ask your girl to teach u how to count lor... i thought that's the simplest thing to talk abt when 2 persons of different language are communicating?

i tell u what is 1 then u will come and ask what is 3,4,5...... then this whole thread will be flooded... :D

ilovedoggie
22-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Are u talking about yourself? They dunno but I know your history. Hehe

not me ler? hehe... :D

i give them money and they choose to dump me huhuhuhu....

raidz70
22-09-2012, 10:47 PM
pls ask your girl to teach u how to count lor... i thought that's the simplest thing to talk abt when 2 persons of different language are communicating?

i tell u what is 1 then u will come and ask what is 3,4,5...... then this whole thread will be flooded... :D

so you would like to keep this thread clean clean without any new post? :confused:

ok... i go vdict and search one , two , three and so on... so it is a kind of short form?

talking about communication... she don't understand eng or mandarin and i don't understand Viet. So have to start somewhere but some senior here very GL so i have to learn it the hard way :o

forgotoldnick
22-09-2012, 11:07 PM
so you would like to keep this thread clean clean without any new post? :confused:

ok... i go vdict and search one , two , three and so on... so it is a kind of short form?

talking about communication... she don't understand eng or mandarin and i don't understand Viet. So have to start somewhere but some senior here very GL so i have to learn it the hard way :o

Not gl, they want u to put in effort to search, then try to figure out what your vb trying to say, really cannot find then they will tell u the answer ma,

For your case, u din even bother to know what is 1,2,3,4,5....then u expect an answer, do u think its correct?

raidz70
22-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Not gl, they want u to put in effort to search, then try to figure out what your vb trying to say, really cannot find then they will tell u the answer ma,

For your case, u din even bother to know what is 1,2,3,4,5....then u expect an answer, do u think its correct?

i mean can't senior just say it is a short form? just shed some light will do... of course i don't expect you tell me 1 to 10. no need to tell us the direct answer.

2 word short form... instead typing out the whole composition :rolleyes:

LittleDidIKnow
23-09-2012, 05:16 AM
Just ignore those GL ones. They can post or zap whatever they. If you post, others will help anyway.