PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

owen10
03-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Juz got call fr viet gal which i got hp juz now ... asked me wat i sms-ed her

i juz wanna drop her an sms cos she was busy wkg. cant sms in chinese. english she oso doesnt really understd. (viet gals may underst a bit of Eng, but when it comes to spelling, they r dam chia lat! like 'When', they will spell 'Whant'. 'Drink' is spelt 'Grink')

i wanted to tell her in sms ' i like u. See you again. Goodbye.'

Here goes:

tao thich maoy

(tao = i; thich = like; maoy = you)

gap maoy mua

(gap = see; maoy = you; mua = again)

d above words, i actually pieced together ea single word fr d dictionary provided by a bro.

danh tu

(goodbye, which i took fr Definition of `good-bye` in English - Vietnamese dictionary (http://vdict.com/good-bye,1,0,0.html))

.. d gal asked me in chinese 'Ni zai jiang shen me?' (what r u tryin to tell me?)

... i told her what i meant, then she juz orrh ... n hung up aruptly (find Viet gals can b quite rude; not very refined in their talking. mayb it's their culture or our lang barrier)

hmmmm ... hope d seasoned bros can enlighten what went wrong with my language. if u join several loose words together does it break d meaning?

thks!!!

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Juz got call fr viet gal which i got hp juz now ... asked me wat i sms-ed her

i juz wanna drop her an sms cos she was busy wkg. cant sms in chinese. english she oso doesnt really understd. (viet gals may underst a bit of Eng, but when it comes to spelling, they r dam chia lat! like 'When', they will spell 'Whant'. 'Drink' is spelt 'Grink')

My Viet language is no good.

But I try to help you:

"Toi Thich em. Hen gap lai. Tam biet."

Thom07
03-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Let me know if you can decode it. I don't mind hearing the different interpretations. Thanks.

A very late reply. Xin loi anh. My guess: "Do you believe me? Got suspect me or not?"

Thom07
03-11-2008, 02:17 AM
MU card currently sold for $8 with $10 value and free extra $1 value.

To call straight will be around 88 mins.
Call back gets around 80 mins.

I thought the duration is close to 1h 50mins? :confused:

cashier
03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
haha...ask them try and sing EM SE LA NGUOI RA DI....all the girls will be very impressed!!

YouTube - Em Se La Nguoi Ra Di - Cam Ly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHkfotd5EQY)

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 03:03 AM
A very late reply. Xin loi anh. My guess: "Do you believe me? Got suspect me or not?"

No problem man :) Thanks!

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 03:05 AM

I realized at night it is difficult to use the phone card to call Vietnam. Anyone else notices this?

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Can anyone help me translate:
"Have you ever had a boyfriend before? Do I have a chance to be your boyfriend?"

And:"I want to give us a chance to be together. Will you give me that chance?"

And:"If I go Vietnam Ho Chi Minh for a few days, will you accompany me and go out with me to have fun?"

Thanks in advance.

I got this translation from a helpful Viet guy from another forum:

Sorry to bother you guys, but can anyone help me translate (me, a guy, sending message to a younger girl):

"Have you ever had a boyfriend before? Do I have a chance to be your boyfriend?"

Em đă từng có bạn trai chưa? Liệu anh có cơ hội để trở thành bạn trai của em không?

Anh muốn cho chúng ta 1 cơ hội là của nhau. Em sẽ cho anh cơ hội đó chứ?

And:"If I go Vietnam Ho Chi Minh for a few days, will you accompany me and go out with me to have fun?"

Nếu anh đến TP Ho chi minh trong vài ngày, em sẽ gặp và đi dạo với anh được không?

Reaper
03-11-2008, 03:25 AM

Anh Thich Em. Hen Gap lay nhe, Tam Biet

I got this translation from a helpful Viet guy from another forum:

Sorry to bother you guys, but can anyone help me translate (me, a guy, sending message to a younger girl):

Em đă từng có bạn trai chưa? Liệu anh có cơ hội để trở thành bạn trai của em không?

Anh muốn cho chúng ta 1 cơ hội là của nhau. Em sẽ cho anh cơ hội đó chứ?

Nếu anh đến TP Ho chi minh trong vài ngày, em sẽ gặp và đi dạo với anh được không?

The above is correct. No need to translate anymore. When Guy address a girl younger than him, Guy = Anh, Girl = Em

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 03:28 AM

The above is correct. No need to translate anymore. When Guy address a girl younger than him, Guy = Anh, Girl = Em

Thanks! Your Viet is good! :)

Anyone planning to go Ho Chi Minh in December, let me know. I will go if I have the funds and if I can get leave from my boss to go.

jackbl
03-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Now my kaki and I had banned this song! We both thought that this song is for kid to sing. :D We have proceed to learn to sing another song...

everytime go ktv, my kaki sure will sing this song ..... :p

jackbl
03-11-2008, 03:41 AM
And they will start to be scared of u...old bird...

haha...ask them try and sing EM SE LA NGUOI RA DI....all the girls will be very impressed!!

jackbl
03-11-2008, 04:00 AM
You can try to search thru the PA website, i attended 1 conducted by the Community Centre.... and another bro attended 1 by SPRING language school....

Thank you casannova03!

I think I better try to learn some Viet. Any tips? Did you take formal language course?

jackbl
03-11-2008, 04:09 AM
I found something about learning viet in the website..... maybe he's a member of SBF....

Business people pls notice!

You want to learn Vietnamese before working there? You want to know and interact with another culture?

You've got the right guy. I'm Sammy Nguyen , Vietnamese, male, year 2 student at Singapore Management University.

Call me Sammy at 91732427 or email me at [email protected] before my schedule is filled up.

Thank you casannova03!

I think I better try to learn some Viet. Any tips? Did you take formal language course?

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 04:44 AM
I found something about learning viet in the website..... maybe he's a member of SBF....

Business people pls notice!

You want to learn Vietnamese before working there? You want to know and interact with another culture?

You've got the right guy. I'm Sammy Nguyen , Vietnamese, male, year 2 student at Singapore Management University.

Call me Sammy at 91732427 or email me at [email protected] before my schedule is filled up.

Thank you! :)

jackbl
03-11-2008, 04:54 AM
Are u able to share this CD with ppl here? Upload it to a website? thanks!

Are you new to the Viet scene? You seem to be a seasonsed Samster :)

I recommend this book (comes with CD):

"Vietnamese for beginners" by Jake Catlett and Huing Nguyen. (Paiboon publishing). Not sure if it is available in Singapore.

jackbl
03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
wow!!! U have improved alot..... BTW how u do it?

how to write "suspect" in viet???

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Are u able to share this CD with ppl here? Upload it to a website? thanks!

Sorry I can't, as I try to respect copyright.

My current job also depends very much on copyright, trademarks and the like, so I try not to do to others what I don't wish others to do to me. I hope you understand.

jackbl
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
For those going to Hanoi soon, pls take note!!!

河内豪雨成河
==========
(2008-11-02)(河内综合电)越南北部地区昨天洪水继续泛滥,今天将会有更多地区受水灾影响,过去一个星期,大雨造 成的水灾已夺走20多条人命。
  滂沱大雨使到越南首都河内的街道仍然积水1公尺,这是自1984年以来最大的一场暴雨。

一名困在车内的居民说:“这里是一场恶梦,从来没有人想到首都会发生这样的水灾。”国家体育学校一名医 生从洪水冲走,拯救人员仍在搜寻他。

气象局指出,越南北部昨天继续下大雨,当局担心六个省份将发生水灾。

政府暴雨及水灾控制委员会在一份水灾报告中说:“北部黄龙河以及清化及义安省的河流,水位 继续上升。”

这份报告公布,在星期五,越南北部及中部省份至少有9人遇难,包括河内的两名儿童。这使到过去一星期的 水灾死亡人士超过20个。

没预测到大雨

气象局官员说:“过去几天来,我们预测首都下雨,可是我们没有料到会这么大雨。”他形容河内一些街道已 变成“小溪”,许多房子也被淹没。

许多河内居民纷纷把引擎进水的汽车及电单车丢弃在路旁。自星期五以来,河内降雨量超过400毫米,造成 交通瘫痪,此外,南北要道胡志明高速公路多处土崩。

越南农业重地,包括中部高原咖啡产区及湄公河三角洲稻米产区不受水灾影响,不过,大雨干扰了这个星期的 咖啡豆收成。

贸易商指出,11月中旬将是咖啡收成旺季,大雨却可能拉长晒干过程,并且破坏咖啡豆的品质。
  越南每年遭受台风、热带风暴及大雨侵袭,官方数据显示,水灾及土崩去年造成435人死亡或 失踪。

casannova03
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
And they will start to be scared of u...old bird...

no..they will go " Troi! Troi! anh la nguoi viet hay nguoi xin?? Sao anh biet tieng viet nhu vay"

haha...scared??
maybe try and sing NGO NHU GIAC MO and replace alll the 'EMs" with "ANHs" and sing it out...very hard...your tongue with get twisted in the beginning.... hahahaha

hmmm..i think they will be very scared!!!! hahaha:D

jackbl
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
VN ppl can also put up a GOOD show if they channel their spirit and effort to good use.... :p

Vietnam grab four golds at World Chess Championships
====================================

Hosts Vietnam won an individual gold medal and three team golds at the Youth World Chess Championships 2008 which ended in southern Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province Friday.

Tran Minh Thang won the U8 male category gold medal. Despite winning the gold before the final round, Thang played exceptionally well and defeated Canadian Lee Jonah in the final game.

After 11 matches, Thang won the title with 10 points after ten wins and one loss, followed by second-placed Liu Xiangyi of China who had nine points.

In the U18 male category, gold hopeful GM Nguyen Ngoc Truong Son only won the silver medal behind gold winner Saric Ivan of Croatia after drawing with Tomczak Jacek from Poland in the final game.

However, Son together with GM Le Quang Liem and Tran Manh Tien won the team gold medal.

The U18 female category gold medal also went to the host team consisting of Pham Bich Ngoc, Ngo Dieu Hoa and Nguyen Thi Diem Huong.

The fourth gold was captured by the U16 female category team made up of Hoang Thi Nhu Y, Vo Thi Kim Phung and Le Hoang Tran Chau.

Reported by Quang Huy

casannova03
03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

nghi kỵ= suspicious

well, suspect?? i think you write like that they know the meaning already...haha

Hurricane88
03-11-2008, 12:55 PM

No lah...you won't get so long....:)

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Sorry, but can someone please help me translate this message:

"Anh co tot nhu a noi kg" (younger girl messaged to me, an older guy)

Thanks in advance.

Hurricane88
03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
NEWS : Vietnam suspends plan to ban small-chested drivers

HANOI, Vietnam - Faced with mounting public criticism, Vietnam's Health Ministry suspended a widely ridiculed plan to ban short, thin and small-chested drivers.

The ministry had recommended that people whose chests measure less than 28 inches (72 centimeters) be prohibited from driving motorbikes _ as well as those who are too short (less than 4 feet, 8 inches) or too thin (less than 88 pounds).

When the plan hit the media this week, it prompted disbelief and scorn among members of the public, who envisioned the police pulling over female drivers to measure their bust.

Thursday's state-run Tuoi Tre newspaper quoted ministry official Nguyen Huy Quang as saying the proposal would be suspended.

By Associated Press; Thursday, 30 Oct 2008.

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Sorry, but can someone please help me translate this message:

"Anh co tot nhu a noi kg" (younger girl messaged to me, an older guy)

Thanks in advance.

Got the answer from another forum:

"Are you a good man, like you said?"

Thom07
03-11-2008, 08:49 PM

my guess: suspect = nghi.

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Can someone please help me translate to English:

"A noi duoc chat lam co duoc kg, dang ong dieu noi nhu vay"

Thanks in advance.

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry, can someone help me translate this too (also her reply to me):

"Vay la tu truoc bay gio a da co may chuc nguoi ban gai roi va da chia tay het chua. a noi a tot vay sao ban gai a lai chia tay voi"

Thanks in advance.

owen10
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM
My Viet language is no good.

But I try to help you:

"Toi Thich em. Hen gap lai. Tam biet."

thks bros for yr time to answer. i sms-ed her 'Toi Thich em. Hen gap lai'

she replied me 'HOM NAO GAP LAI'

i thk i agar agar guess wat she means .. somethg like 'hope to c u again too'???

but i juz replied her ... 'haha com hieu' (dun understd)

sibei cham man .. if everytime need to come here n get bros to translate whenever i rec sms ... :D

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 11:16 PM

i thk i agar agar guess wat she means .. somethg like 'hope to c u again too'???

sibei cham man .. if everytime need to come here n get bros to translate whenever i rec sms ... :D

You should have replied "Khong Hieu" (Don't understand) :)

owen10
03-11-2008, 11:32 PM
You should have replied "Khong Hieu" (Don't understand) :)

i 4got hw to spell mah. its pronounced as 'com hew', m i rite?

btw is this d correct pronounciation (in bracket) for

Toi (toy) Thich (thick) em (am). Hen (hang) gap (kap) lai (lai). Tam (thum)biet (beet)?

thks bro

Darkstorm
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
i 4got hw to spell mah. its pronounced as 'com hew', m i rite?

btw is this d correct pronounciation (in bracket) for

Toi (toy) Thich (thick) em (am). Hen (hang) gap (kap) lai (lai). Tam (thum)biet (beet)?

thks bro

Not really correct. The sounds can't really be found in the English language.

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Can someone please help me translate to English:

"A noi duoc chat lam co duoc kg, dang ong dieu noi nhu vay"

Thanks in advance.

This is not good. Any tips on how I should reply her?

"A noi duoc chat lam co duoc kg, dang ong dieu noi nhu vay"= You said you can do it but may you be sure of ? All of men say like that.

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Sorry, can someone help me translate this too (also her reply to me):

"Vay la tu truoc bay gio a da co may chuc nguoi ban gai roi va da chia tay het chua. a noi a tot vay sao ban gai a lai chia tay voi"

Thanks in advance.

This is not good too. Any tips on how I should reply her?

"Vay la tu truoc bay gio a da co may chuc nguoi ban gai roi va da chia tay het chua. a noi a tot vay sao ban gai a lai chia tay voi"= Oh, did you have how many dozens of girl-friends so far ? And how many girls you have said to good bye to ? You admit that you’re a good man so why they leave you alone ?

Reaper
04-11-2008, 12:41 AM

Her reply is : See you today / tonight / now etc etc

owen10
04-11-2008, 01:19 AM

hey thks bro

i thk tt's wat they always tell guys in their sms

*same same* :D

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 01:23 AM

By the way, do you know how much is one sms sent from singapore to Vietnam handphone number? Roughly?

Thom07
04-11-2008, 01:31 AM
By the way, do you know how much is one sms sent from singapore to Vietnam handphone number? Roughly?

15 cents per sms. Kaypo a bit. All the sms are sent to you from vietnam ah?

Reaper
04-11-2008, 01:31 AM

sorry...i wouldnt know. I am based in HCMC. However I can tell you it cost roughly $0.40 to sms from HCMC to Singapore.

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 01:41 AM

So, it is 15cents per sms. Thanks man. :)

Yes, all the smses are sent to me from Vietnam. Why? Is there anything I should be aware of?

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 01:42 AM
sorry...i wouldnt know. I am based in HCMC. However I can tell you it cost roughly $0.40 to sms from HCMC to Singapore.

I see. Thanks man. :)

vlover
04-11-2008, 01:54 AM

Ha.. Gotcha.. So this is where you train up ah? No wonder your vietnamese becoming more and more 'POWDERFUL' already.. :D:eek:

Anh oi, Khoe kg? Lau lau kg gap a roi..Nho anh nhieu lam.. thang mot em co di HCM.. anh dua a di choi duoc kg? sin nhat cua a a di o dau? vui kg?

Regards,
vlover

Reaper
04-11-2008, 02:37 AM
Anh oi, Khoe kg? Lau lau kg gap a roi..Nho anh nhieu lam.. thang mot em co di HCM.. anh dua a di choi duoc kg? sin nhat cua a a di o dau? vui kg?

Regards,
vlover

Troi Oi!!!! Nho Anh??? anh thich cong gai, wahahahahahahaha :p

Sin Nhat vui va buon. Vui Boi vi va Anh Traissssss di an toi, an roi di VIC choi. Buon boi vi em trai Vlover kg den HCMC..:p ;) :D

jackbl
04-11-2008, 03:46 AM
If gonna spend 15cents per sms, why not call her via M1 prepaid card using 021 at 8cents at off-peak hour, save your $$$. :D

jackbl
04-11-2008, 03:48 AM
Since it is quite an amount to sms to spore, then i think she must have feeling for u liao :D:p;)

So, it is 15cents per sms. Thanks man. :)

Yes, all the smses are sent to me from Vietnam. Why? Is there anything I should be aware of?

jackbl
04-11-2008, 03:52 AM
You should reply "Anh thich em. (more affection) Hen gap lai"

HOM NAO GAP LAI=Which day meet again?

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 04:18 AM
Since it is quite an amount to sms to spore, then i think she must have feeling for u liao

You really think so?
:o

I hope so. :)

Darkstorm
04-11-2008, 04:23 AM
If gonna spend 15cents per sms, why not call her via M1 prepaid card using 021 at 8cents at off-peak hour, save your $$$. :D

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into it. :)

jackbl
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
My interpretation:

"A noi duoc chat lam co duoc kg, dang ong dieu noi nhu vay"= You say can but can you do it? Men prone to lying like that.

This is not good. Any tips on how I should reply her?

"A noi duoc chat lam co duoc kg, dang ong dieu noi nhu vay"= You said you can do it but may you be sure of ? All of men say like that.

jackbl
04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
"Vay la tu truoc bay gio a da co may chuc nguoi ban gai roi va da chia tay het chua. a noi a tot vay sao ban gai a lai chia tay voi"= From last time till now you have tens of girl friend and break-off all already? You say you good and why girl friends you got have break-off with you?

"Vay la tu truoc bay gio a da co may chuc nguoi ban gai roi va da chia tay het chua. a noi a tot vay sao ban gai a lai chia tay voi"= Oh, did you have how many dozens of girl-friends so far ? And how many girls you have said to good bye to ? You admit that you’re a good man so why they leave you alone ?

Honey Boon
04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
From last time till now you have tens of girl friend and break-off all already? You say you good and why girl friends you got have break-off with you?

because all of them ask money nhieu nhieu, so I have to "bo" them lor :D

Hurricane88
04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll look into it.

Use msn or yahoo online to talk free....can use wifi phones to talk too....of course if both also has wifi phones or one is online and tech savy lor....:)

So, it is 15cents per sms. Thanks man.

15cents subject to 7%gst some more lei....total 16.05cents to pay for sms lor....

Since it is quite an amount to sms to spore, then i think she must have feeling for u liao :D:p;)

I think so too....

casannova03
04-11-2008, 02:00 PM

Boi vi con gai ko phai that su yeu anh, la yeu tien cua anh!:D

Leeson
04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
15cents subject to 7%gst some more lei....total 16.05cents to pay for sms lor....

global sms not subjected to gst ;)

Thom07
04-11-2008, 09:02 PM

Just wondering as I believe that it is rather expensive for them to send a sms over here. ;)

Ha.. Gotcha..

You finally appear roi !!! :D

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 12:18 AM
Boi vi con gai ko phai that su yeu anh, la yeu tien cua anh!:D

What does that mean?

jackbl
05-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Boi vi con gai ko phai that su yeu anh, la yeu tien cua anh!=Because girl does not truely love me, love my money!

What does that mean?

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 12:29 AM
Boi vi con gai ko phai that su yeu anh, la yeu tien cua anh!=Because girl does not truely love me, love my money!

Thanks jackbl!

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Just wondering as I believe that it is rather expensive for them to send a sms over here. ;)

You finally appear roi !!! :D

Then, in your opinion, is it okay for me to infer that, at the very least, she has some genuine feelings for me?

vlover
05-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Troi Oi!!!! Nho Anh??? anh thich cong gai, wahahahahahahaha

Sin Nhat vui va buon. Vui Boi vi va Anh Traissssss di an toi, an roi di VIC choi. Buon boi vi em trai Vlover kg den HCMC..

Troi oi la troi.. a thich con gaisss nhieu lam, cung thich anh trais.. hihi..

Xin loi anh, sin nhat cua a e lai HCMC kg duoc.. vi em o singapore kg ranh nhe.. thang mot em lai HCMC voi a di choi, uong sin di tap the duc duoc kg? thang mot em muon lam phien anh roi :rolleyes:.. hihi..

You really think so?

I hope so.

Well, especially if they come from the countryside, mayb the Smses or calls would mean every more to them.. which makes you very important to them..

You finally appear roi !!!

Troi.. Luc nay anh kg ranh nhe.. seldom post.. see this thread quite interesting.. some more our thay giao is here.. must appear more often to learn more vietnamese.. hihi..

Never go drinking or sit coffeeshop with Mafia ah? He is the MAN!! :eek::D

Regards,
vlover

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Well, especially if they come from the countryside, mayb the Smses or calls would mean every more to them.. which makes you very important to them..

Regards,
vlover

I certainly hope so. Thanks man!

Reaper
05-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Xin loi anh, sin nhat cua a e lai HCMC kg duoc.. vi em o singapore kg ranh nhe.. thang mot em lai HCMC voi a di choi, uong sin di tap the duc duoc kg? thang mot em muon lam phien anh roi :rolleyes:.. hihi..
Regards,
vlover

ON LAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cho anh biet ngay nao em den HCMC nhe. Anh kg di lam, di san bay cho va moi em!!!!!!! :p ;) :D

Reaper
05-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Then, in your opinion, is it okay for me to infer that, at the very least, she has some genuine feelings for me?

Dont mean to burst your bubble but you cant just make the assumption the feelings are genuine.

That is not to say she is ill intentions towards you. It is just a precaution that you must take to protect yourself. In no way am I saying she is a bad person.

I am sure she is a lovely sweet lady as you are the consumate gentleman but then dont forget under what circumstances you met.

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Dont mean to burst your bubble but you cant just make the assumption the feelings are genuine.

That is not to say she is ill intentions towards you. It is just a precaution that you must take to protect yourself. In no way am I saying she is a bad person.

I am sure she is a lovely sweet lady as you are the consumate gentleman but then dont forget under what circumstances you met.

I understand. Thanks for your advice. Appreciated.

Right now, I think she is rather cold towards me.

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Besides Casanova07, anyone else here married a Viet girl he knew from the Viet pubs here?

AdGuy
05-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Viet girls are a problematic bunch.

If they pretend to like you (in fact they like you for your money), you are in shit.

If they really like you, you are in bigger shit. :D

The Adguy believes that a good drink, a good game of pool, and a good PCC at home is the best night out.

jackbl
05-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Hi, why u are not in shit???!!! I knew a few who like you leh :D

jackbl
05-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi Darkstorm,

I agree with Reaper. You have to take it slowly, step-by-steps. Dun over commit and later on get "hurt"... Just treat her as a normal friend first, just like you with the people here in SBF... If the relationship flourish, then its good for you. :D

jackbl
05-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi, I have a idea to learn some simple vietnamese from vietnamese students that study in NTU, NUS, SMU, etc. I felt their english must be good enough for them to understand university level of teaching. As such they will be qualified enough to be our teacher. I have got in touch with 1 student I met in NUS and she had agreed to help me to ask her friends anyone interested to give vietnamese language tuition..... The price is negotiable ;)

Interested parties, please let me know their names.

I found this in the website:

Vietnam Language Centre
101A Upper Cross Street
# 05-41 People's Park Centre
Singapore City, 058358
Singapore
Phone: (65) 6389 1677 or (65) 9062 5169
Fax: (65) 6474 1766

Each course consists of 10 sessions. Each session spans on a two-and-a-half-hour lesson. The fee is $495 (nett) per course.

Ha.. Gotcha.. So this is where you train up ah? No wonder your vietnamese becoming more and more 'POWDERFUL' already.. :D:eek:

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 12:39 PM

Why? Please elaborate.

I'm not married and I have no girlfriend now.

Darkstorm
05-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi Darkstorm,

I agree with Reaper. You have to take it slowly, step-by-steps. Dun over commit and later on get "hurt"... Just treat her as a normal friend first, just like you with the people here in SBF... If the relationship flourish, then its good for you. :D

Thanks man. :) Appreciated.

But I think it is really going to be hard for any postive outcome since I'm in Singapore and she is in Vietnam.

Plus a major obstacle now is that I can't speak Viet. Most people will probably just tell me to give up and move on.

I wonder how successful guys like Casanova07 overcame their obstacles (eg: language obstacles)

Hurricane88
05-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Viet girls are a problematic bunch.

If they pretend to like you (in fact they like you for your money), you are in shit.

The Adguy believes that a good drink, a good game of pool, and a good PCC at home is the best night out.

Wow...you are the TS and must very experience lei....care to share more....:)

owen10
05-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks man. :) Appreciated.

But I think it is really going to be hard for any postive outcome since I'm in Singapore and she is in Vietnam.

Plus a major obstacle now is that I can't speak Viet. Most people will probably just tell me to give up and move on.

I wonder how successful guys like Casanova07 overcame their obstacles (eg: language obstacles)

if u really love her, with sheer determination u'll learn n master d language altho it may take time. some of d bros in SB r good examples.

likewise, if she likes u she shd oso make efforts to learn our chinese lang. if u walk along 51, thr r so many Viets who can speak chinese. so it depends whthr if d indiv wants to make an effort.

g'luck bro.

technofreak
05-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi, I have a idea to learn some simple vietnamese from vietnamese students that study in NTU, NUS, SMU, etc. I felt their english must be good enough for them to understand university level of teaching. As such they will be qualified enough to be our teacher. I have got in touch with 1 student I met in NUS and she had agreed to help me to ask her friends anyone interested to give vietnamese language tuition..... The price is negotiable ;)

Vietnam Language Centre
101A Upper Cross Street
Singapore City, 058358
Singapore

Each course consists of 10 sessions. Each session spans on a two-and-a-half-hour lesson. The fee is $495 (nett) per course.

Very pricey ley anh Jackbl...Got discount? BTW, they don't issue certificates like Language schools...Which is a minus point for me already. This being just my own personal opinion.

Cheers,
Techno

jackbl
05-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry i may have confused some bro here.

1 is thru cheap and personal tuition; the other is learn from School which will give cert.

Vietnam Language Centre
101A Upper Cross Street
Singapore City, 058358
Singapore

casannova03
05-11-2008, 07:21 PM

bro its a concerted effort on both parties...the more you try to learn viet and the more she tries to learn either english or chinese, the more the both of you know and can exchange meanings...you will get stronger by the day....

my wife view is that chinese is easier to learn than english....

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 05:11 AM
if u really love her, with sheer determination u'll learn n master d language altho it may take time. some of d bros in SB r good examples.

likewise, if she likes u she shd oso make efforts to learn our chinese lang. if u walk along 51, thr r so many Viets who can speak chinese. so it depends whthr if d indiv wants to make an effort.

g'luck bro.

Thanks man for the encouragement :)

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 05:16 AM
bro its a concerted effort on both parties...the more you try to learn viet and the more she tries to learn either english or chinese, the more the both of you know and can exchange meanings...you will get stronger by the day....

my wife view is that chinese is easier to learn than english....

Thanks for your input. :)

jackbl
06-11-2008, 10:14 AM
That day after enquiry with bro Thom07, i went down to GL to spot for some ICC. I found one, Yellow in color, called "Talk-a-thon". Direct icc call is 130min, while call-back is 100min. The cost is $8-$8.50.

Note that it has connection charge, meaning, I called 15min, but it charge me 17min. Therefore i advised that it is more economical to talk a 1 hour block rather than calling 4 times of 15min.... :p

MU card currently sold for $8 with $10 value and free extra $1 value. Currently scratch promo which will gives additional value if you are lucky but most often you will not get anything....sometimes I got adiditional $0.50cts

To call straight will be around 88 mins.
Call back gets around 80 mins.

technofreak
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
That day after enquiry with bro Thom07, i went down to GL to spot for some ICC. I found one, Yellow in color, called "Talk-a-thon". Direct icc call is 130min, while call-back is 100min. The cost is $8-$8.50.

Note that it has connection charge, meaning, I called 15min, but it charge me 17min. Therefore i advised that it is more economical to talk a 1 hour block rather than calling 4 times of 15min....

Thanks for the information...Can boycott my Chatchat now...;)

AdGuy
06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I have got in touch with 1 student I met in NUS and she had agreed to help me to ask her friends anyone interested to give vietnamese language tuition..... The price is negotiable ;)

Go which hotel... I mean which school?

I'm in. Can you link me up with her? I need some help for a project. Serious one.

AdGuy
06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Viet girls are terribly sticky.

Once you have a ban gai, you can forget about going to cheong. Stay home PCC better.

Why? Please elaborate.

I'm not married and I have no girlfriend now.

AdGuy
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I think you are talking about someone else :rolleyes:

Hi, why u are not in shit???!!! I knew a few who like you leh :D

AdGuy
06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Me TS in name nia.

All the big bros here, I better stand aside and just learn.

:D

Wow...you are the TS and must very experience lei....care to share more....:)

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Viet girls are terribly sticky.

Once you have a ban gai, you can forget about going to cheong. Stay home PCC better.

Thanks for the explanation.

v.killers
06-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Xin loi anh, sin nhat cua a e lai HCMC kg duoc.. vi em o singapore kg ranh nhe.. thang mot em lai HCMC voi a di choi, uong sin di tap the duc duoc kg? thang mot em muon lam phien anh roi .. hihi..

Troi.. Luc nay anh kg ranh nhe.. seldom post.. see this thread quite interesting.. some more our thay giao is here.. must appear more often to learn more vietnamese.. hihi..

Regards,
vlover

Xin loi cai gi? :rolleyes:

A nghi la em lam tinh nhieu kg phai la lam viec nhieu, dung kg e? toi nay e la ranh di uong bia di..... lau roi kg gap e dc...buon qua!! :(

v.killers
06-11-2008, 05:12 PM

Hey, i perfer vietnamese tution, going to school is too bored for me...

Put me in your list leh....:D

Cheers VK:)

Thom07
06-11-2008, 06:15 PM

"talk-a-thom" !!! Got my name. :D :p But how come got a price range? :confused:

Thom07
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM

Seriously, I'm not sure so dont dare to answer. :(

Ya lor. He machiam dont need to sleep one but body still going STRONG !!! :p

Thom07
06-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I have got in touch with 1 student I met in NUS and she had agreed to help me to ask her friends anyone interested to give vietnamese language tuition.....

Wow. Female teacher! :p

KangTuo
06-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Xin loi anh, sin nhat cua a e lai HCMC kg duoc.. vi em o singapore kg ranh nhe..

You birthday in sg really not free... half way celebrate for you, you go off. Blame myself for presenting you the box of condoms.

Mafia not only sit coffeeshop.... Mafia also always at the beach.

Xin loi cai gi? :rolleyes:

A nghi la em lam tinh nhieu kg phai la lam viec nhieu, dung kg e? toi nay e la ranh di uong bia di..... lau roi kg gap e dc...buon qua!! :(

You should be right. He shld be lam tinh nhieu...

KangTuo
06-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Wow. Female teacher! :p

I think you are the best candidate to test out the female teacher...

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
You guys realize that is difficult to call Vietnam, especially at night? Somehow the call just can't get through.

Anyone else with the same experience as me?

KangTuo
06-11-2008, 09:28 PM
You guys realize that is difficult to call Vietnam, especially at night? Somehow the call just can't get through.

Using M1 021 IDD - no problem :D
Using chat chat card - very difficult to get thru.. :(

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Using M1 021 IDD - no problem :D
Using chat chat card - very difficult to get thru.. :(

I guess I have to try M1 card then. Thanks.

Darkstorm
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Can someone help me translate to Viet:

"Often when I try to call you, I can't get through."

jackbl
07-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Depends on which place u buy, some shop sells $8 and some at $8.50 la :D

"talk-a-thom" !!! Got my name. :D :p But how come got a price range? :confused:

vlover
07-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Xin loi cai gi?

A nghi la em lam tinh nhieu kg phai la lam viec nhieu, dung kg e? toi nay e la ranh di uong bia di..... lau roi kg gap e dc...buon qua!!

Troi.. bay gio kg ranh ne.. vi anh trai kg co o quan ca phe.. moi nay di lam, met lam.. lam sau lam tinh nhieu nhieu? em kg giong MAFIA ma, moi nay di uong bia, di an com, noi chuyen voi con gai, di bien voi con gai.. HOR? ;)

Ya lor. He machiam dont need to sleep one but body still going STRONG !!!

Ya la.. he seems as if he is still 25.. everynight and MORNING :eek:!!! Body gg strong but didi dunno liao.. very busy ma.. MAFIA oi, thiet kg?

You birthday in sg really not free... half way celebrate for you, you go off. Blame myself for presenting you the box of condoms. You should be right. He shld be lam tinh nhieu...

Alamak, sorry man.. I had to work tat night so left early.. Your condoms are deeply appreciated.. Have already frozen and framed them up, using them on my 50th birthday to remind myself of you.. :D

Me too.. So i try my best not to call btw the 9-11pm time zone.. for the rest of the day, its ok to me ley..

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
07-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I think u urgently need to find 1 vietnamese tuition teacher to teach u vietnamese. :D

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 02:20 AM
I think u urgently need to find 1 vietnamese tuition teacher to teach u vietnamese. :D

Yeah.......:)

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 03:19 AM
Okay.....my story in brief......really very brief:

- Some months back I got to know this Viet girl from a Viet pub.

I do like her and so I would go to this pub to see her. During the time I first got to know her, it was her last week in Singapore.

I had the chance to see her off at the airport, but I did not do so.

When she went back, I thought I would never see her again. But she sms me her Viet number.

I also noticed that she would initiate smses to me, which went on for a few months, and she would call me every now and then but put down the phone when I pick up the call.

She did come back Singapore for a 2nd time, but I did not often see her in the pub because she told me not to go to her place of work to look for her. I did meet her outside of her working hours, but not much.

However, I think she is cold towards me now. I am not too sure why. Possibly, among other reasons, it has something to do with her friend seeing me in a Viet pub recently having another girl sit at my table.

I actually plan to go Vietnam to see if we could start something. But I think it won't work out because she is cold towards me now. But I think I will still go.

Wish me luck guys and I hope to have your truthful advice/opinion on this.

Bro Cassanova07 has given me his advice, and I thank him for it.

Hurricane88
07-11-2008, 09:25 AM

Good luck...enjoy yourself....keep us updated on the latest...:)

jackbl
07-11-2008, 09:29 AM
I sugg u sms/call her before u go. If she still is cold towards u then going there will be worse for u..... alone and helpless... :(:o

I actually plan to go Vietnam to see if we could start something. But I think it won't work out because she is cold towards me now. But I think I will still go.

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Who said so?

If she still cold towards you, go 91 hai ba trung. There you won't be alone and helpless. Broke maybe, not helpless :D

I sugg u sms/call her before u go. If she still is cold towards u then going there will be worse for u..... alone and helpless... :(:o

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Let me give you my POV and some tips. Me very straightforward one so dun angry hor. I dun have a good impression of viet girls so my views tend to be more biased. I believe in 'guilty until proven innocent' :D

When she went back, I thought I would never see her again. But she sms me her Viet number.

I also noticed that she would initiate smses to me, which went on for a few months, and she would call me every now and then but put down the phone when I pick up the call.

1) Viet girls would want to keep in contact with anyone she deems as a long-term customer. Since you go there often to see her, you fit the bill. Unless she's damn hot, repeat customers are impt to them based on the sheer number of girls available to us.

2) It's expensive to call from Viet. That's why she puts down the phone so that you will call her back.

She did come back Singapore for a 2nd time, but I did not often see her in the pub because she told me not to go to her place of work to look for her. I did meet her outside of her working hours, but not much.

3) Chances of you walking out on her when you see her getting cosy with another customer is very high.

However, I think she is cold towards me now. I am not too sure why. Possibly, among other reasons, it has something to do with her friend seeing me in a Viet pub recently having another girl sit at my table.

4) Of course she's angry. She's beginning to lose you as a customer.

5) If you are there just to look for her, dun bother.

Very simple. Ask her... 'Em co muon di khach san voi a khong?' followed by... 'Nhung anh ko co tien cho em'. If you guys still end up in bed, you have the answer.

The rational is that if she is willing to give you her only valuable commodity for free, then there's a chance she's serious about you. Just fyi, I encounter your situation with almost every viet girl I sit. I can share my stories with you if we ever have a chance to share a drink. It's more animated than yours. Perhaps you'll chance your impression of viet girls then.

My 2 cents worth. Not to be taken seriously

jackbl
07-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Thats a valuable piece of advice from the TS. Greatly appreciate that!!!

Let me give you my POV and some tips. Me very straightforward one so dun angry hor. I dun have a good impression of viet girls so my views tend to be more biased. I believe in 'guilty until proven innocent' :D

She will ask u do u come here often? how many days a week, etc. If she really spend $$$ to call u fr VN then thats could be another case liao

1) Viet girls would want to keep in contact with anyone she deems as a long-term customer. Since you go there often to see her, you fit the bill. Unless she's damn hot, repeat customers are impt to them based on the sheer number of girls available to us.

It's more expensive to call fr VN to SPORE! Sms also more expensive. The cheaper way is to call via IP phone... If u call her, she will save $$$, incoming call is free in VN for pre/post paid phone.

2) It's expensive to call from Viet. That's why she puts down the phone so that you will call her back.

Believe me, u wont feel good if u see her being hugged and all sorts of action by another customer.

3) Chances of you walking out on her when you see her getting cosy with another customer is very high.

Butter being shared. Lost the Gold-mine!

4) Of course she's angry. She's beginning to lose you as a customer.

Do u know where she live? Do u know is she working? Knn, 1 of my fren go Hanoi to visit his so-call gf, she disappeared for 3 days then re-appeared again, CCB, left my fren alone in a unknown place :mad::mad:

Please share your stories with us/me!!! I m interested. Tonite NO72for me! Treat us as lower grade customer :mad:

Very simple. Ask her... 'Em co muon di khach san voi a khong?' followed by... 'Nhung anh ko co tien cho em'. If you guys still end up in bed, you have the answer.

The rational is that if she is willing to give you her only valuable commodity for free, then there's a chance she's serious about you. Just fyi, I encounter your situation with almost every viet girl I sit. I can share my stories with you if we ever have a chance to share a drink. It's more animated than yours. Perhaps you'll chance your impression of viet girls then.

Leeson
07-11-2008, 11:23 AM

you had another girl sitting at your table or sitting with you?

nbhd
07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
hi all bro with regards to the above posts. I'm in sort of a situation too. but the think is she is now back in hanoi and we have been talking on the phone ever since she gone back like 2 weeks. well she told me she will be back in 2mths but last few day she told me she wants me to go hanoi to pay her a visit. she is not staying with her parents but only staying with her older sis. and she told me she wants to let her sis and frens view me thats why she wants me to go there. that is according to what she told me. afterwhich i just ask her casually, if i go over can i stay at her house n we sleep together she say ok can she just wants me to come over. i was like wah small head over big head liao. but.. i am still in deli ma. so just wish to hear some advise from bros here. one of my fren told me nt to stay in her house even if i'm going cos i am totally noob to that place and nv know what is up in her sleeve. i think is quite true. but still mainly thinking on whether shld i go or not as u guys know now flood, and many safety issues. thanks in advance for sharing ur opinions.

mikemike
07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Let me give you my POV and some tips. Me very straightforward one so dun angry hor...

BRAVO..mr AdGuy..well said. Hope to have some beers with you too.

cheers!

jackbl
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Fro bro situated at HCMC and wanting to go to the North and Central :D

Jetstar Offers HCMC-Ha Noi at VND468,000
============================

Jetstar Pacific Airlines is offering low-cost tickets for travel between December 1 this year and March 28, 2009.

For bookings made until November 9, the one-way fare from HCMC to Ha Noi and Hai Phong will be VND468,000; from HCMC to Vinh, Ha Noi to Nha Trang VND 418,000 and from HCMC to Da Nang, HCMC to Hue and Ha Noi to Da Nang VND268,000.

Tickets are available at Cheap flights - Jetstar Airways (http://www.jetstar.com) and Jetstar’s agents in HCMC, Ha Noi, and Da Nang.

jackbl
07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
U think everyone know that place as u? And can play pool as good as u? Heard there, if u lost, u pay US$10, u win the gal stripe for u????? :p

Who said so?

If she still cold towards you, go 91 hai ba trung. There you won't be alone and helpless. Broke maybe, not helpless :D

jackbl
07-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Errrr..... hope to have some VINAMILK with him ... he cant hold the beer well... same as me :D By the way, u 2 are in the same line... Quảng Cáo

cheers!

jackbl
07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
The student told me now is the exam period, so not everyone has free time... Will update again :p

jackbl
07-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Why not engage me as your personal tutor? :D

I dun know how to translate the one u asked but i come out with another sentence "A dt e nhieu lan nhung kg co song"="I call u many times but there is no signal"

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Please share your stories with us/me!!! I m interested. Tonite NO72for me! Treat us as lower grade customer :mad:

Totally understand! Me going to boycott that place too! Been having very bad experiences lately too. Enough is enough! Furthermore, the girls looks better in darker places. :D

So enlighten me bro Jackbl, where will you be sharing a drink with me tonight?

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:35 PM
well she told me she will be back in 2mths but last few day she told me she wants me to go hanoi to pay her a visit. she is not staying with her parents but only staying with her older sis.

2 months without income is a long time.

Good to have someone come over to give money. If can buy my sis and family presents better still.

:D

No offence.

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
U think everyone know that place as u? And can play pool as good as u? Heard there, if u lost, u pay US$10, u win the gal stripe for u????? :p

You think everyone as dam tak as you?

I mean go there drink beer, watch soccer then won't be alone and bored liao.

I dunno how to play pool, pocket billiard maybe. :rolleyes:

So when you bringing me there to watch you strip the girl? :D

Or better still, you tell her lah, if you lose, you strip, then can save US$10 for Apocalypse.

nbhd
07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
haha cannot rule out that possibly. thanks for the warning. wat if i only bring 200sgd?

Leeson
07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
haha cannot rule out that possibly. thanks for the warning. wat if i only bring 200sgd?

sleep in the streets lor :D

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Errrr..... hope to have some VINAMILK with him ... he cant hold the beer well... same as me :D By the way, u 2 are in the same line... Quảng Cáo

Same line? You mean he also do nothing all day, just sit down and let client bua gu you?

Wah people in the same village must definitely meet up for VinaMilk, but cannot share lah, you drink your own, I drink my own. :p

Me can't hold my beer well? KNN, next time we drink Vodka again, if you wake up with a tranny beside you and a sharp pain behind, and you can't remember what happened, dun blame me hor.

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:44 PM
The student told me now is the exam period, so not everyone has free time... Will update again :p

Friend, I need to speak to her. Please set me up when she's free yah?

E cam on a nhieu nhieu!

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Nbzzz you too honest liao... but I like! :D

nbhd
07-11-2008, 12:48 PM

wah. so serious. lol. can lan lan go hotel stay sign card mah.

jackbl
07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I m thinking v hard. Each pub got its PROs and CONs. IMHO, pls dun "flame" me :D:

1) 72 = old man pub :D
2) Mask = action starts late
3) V2 = many fights, music v loud
4) 678 = small place, not much beautiful gal
5) U turn = v smoky place, many smokers

Thou of goin Lips, HM, etc, but many "spies" around, the quatity may not be as much as GL42..... Em ơi buồn quá

Totally understand! Me going to boycott that place too! Been having very bad experiences lately too. Enough is enough! Furthermore, the girls looks better in darker places. :D

So enlighten me bro Jackbl, where will you be sharing a drink with me tonight?

alien69
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
guys,

can translate for me:
E o nha. E benh roi. E nhuc rang

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
guys,

can translate for me:

I can only help you with:

"E o nha" short form for: I am at home.

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Good luck...enjoy yourself....keep us updated on the latest...:)

Thanks Hurricane88 :)

Reaper
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM

can..go there and suck thumb....

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Why not engage me as your personal tutor? :D

I dun know how to translate the one u asked but i come out with another sentence "A dt e nhieu lan nhung kg co song"="I call u many times but there is no signal"

Haha.....thanks jackbl :)

Darkstorm
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM

Thanks for your long post and advice, AdGuy.

What does 'Em co muon di khach san voi a khong?' mean?

What does 'Nhung anh ko co tien cho em' mean?

Sure, I would like to hear those stories :)

AdGuy
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
guys,

can translate for me:

Let me try:

Me at home. Me sick already. Me tooth pain.

jackbl
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Why u didnt check the dictionary first?!!! :mad:

The most difficult word in the sentence also can be found in the dict:
nhức răng = toothache

guys,

can translate for me:

alien69
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
I checked the Vdict. It also mentioned tooth ache...but i just need to reconfirm...

Be patient with me la....
I only know how to sms vietnamese abit but dont know how to pronounce vietnamese properly..

alien69
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Bros,

Just got another sms:
today a kg lam viec. sao a ru e di choi

today a kg lam viec= today I dont work.

sao a ru e di choi .... di choi = go play....but what is the full sentence mean?

mikemike
07-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Errrr..... hope to have some VINAMILK with him ... he cant hold the beer well... same as me :D By the way, u 2 are in the same line... Qu?ng Cáo

True..keke..i also not good in uong beer too. do update me if u limkopi or meet up with him..cheers

KangTuo
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Bros,

Just got another sms:
today a kg lam viec. sao a ru e di choi

today a kg lam viec= today I dont work.

sao a ru e di choi .... di choi = go play....but what is the full sentence mean?

I guess that you ask her go out right?

She is asking you whether you work today and why ask her out.

sao = tai sao = why
ru = to call for or ask someone to go or do something with one

alien69
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I guess that you ask her go out right?

She is asking you whether you work today and why ask her out.

sao = tai sao = why
ru = to call for or ask someone to go or do something with one

Bro Kangtuo...

U are right .I asked her to go out.... FOR A BONk...Haha

ANyway, I wanted her to meet me for lunch then I will find an excuse to go hotel...but kanna rejected... then she sms me again... so now..sian liao

KangTuo
07-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your long post and advice, AdGuy.

What does 'Em co muon di khach san voi a khong?' mean?

What does 'Nhung anh ko co tien cho em' mean?

Sure, I would like to hear those stories :)

Em co muon di khach san voi a khong?
Do you want to go hotel with me or not?

co moun = want to
di = go
khach san = hotel
voi = with
khong = or not (usually use at end of a yes/no question)

Nhung anh ko co tien cho em
But I do not have money give you

Nhung = but (some us 'nhung', some use 'ma'... I dun know why. I use 'ma')
ko co = khong co = no have (khong in this case is 'NO')
tien = money
cho = give

KangTuo
07-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Bro Kangtuo...

U are right .I asked her to go out.... FOR A BONk...Haha

ANyway, I wanted her to meet me for lunch then I will find an excuse to go hotel...but kanna rejected... then she sms me again... so now..sian liao

visit her few more time, make her feel easy with you than ask her our again, sure can bonk.

excuse no need find... after lunch, say stomache must faster find a clean toilet in hotel.

technofreak
07-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I m thinking v hard. Each pub got its PROs and CONs. IMHO, pls dun "flame" me.

1) 72 = old man pub :D
2) Mask = action starts late
3) V2 = many fights, music v loud
4) 678 = small place, not much beautiful gal
5) U turn = v smoky place, many smokers

Thou of goin Lips, HM, etc, but many "spies" around, the quatity may not be as much as GL42..... Em ơi buồn quá

Then I suggest K2, Tuberose or Shing...;)

vlover
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM

To add, vietnamese girls in general are very possessive and easily jealous. Like wat our experienced TS said, this is the best solution to test her out. But I have tried viet girls who would go to the extent to give you their only valuable commodity but with the prospect of having a better life in singapore. In short, its like fishing.. 'fang chang xian diao da yue'.

Just fyi, I encounter your situation with almost every viet girl I sit.From my personal view, there may be 1 in 1000 that is different from the ones you see generally in the pubbing scene:eek:.

Do u know where she live? Do u know is she working? Knn, 1 of my fren go Hanoi to visit his so-call gf, she disappeared for 3 days then re-appeared again, CCB, left my fren alone in a unknown place

Please share your stories with us/me!!! I m interested. Tonite NO72for me! Treat us as lower grade customer

Wa thay ciao oi.. you so regular they also treat you like.. Ban them!!!

My friend also same story as your friend.. already told her the dates that he will be in HCMC.. asked her to meet up.. reply was ok.. but once reached there.. came up with lots of excuses.. mom sick.. dad accident.. sister not at home so have to do household chores.. left my friend stranded there luckily he got friends to bring him around.. otherwise jialat liao.. then on the last day called my friend to say she is free already.. BO TAY:cool:

i think is quite true. but still mainly thinking on whether shld i go or not as u guys know now flood, and many safety issues. thanks in advance for sharing ur opinions.

I think likewise.. mayb just go to see her sister and house.. but stay in your own hotel.. then try to get some contingencies like searching thru the Hanoi thread for places to eat or play just in case you get 'aeroplaned'.. Treat it as a mini-holiday.. at least it wun be a wasted trip ;)..

cheers!

Long time no see bro.. I also want to join in ;).. hihi.. so you into the 'NIGHTLY' events with Mafia and Carrot?

KangTuo
07-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Long time no see bro.. I also want to join in ;).. hihi.. so you into the 'NIGHTLY' events with Mafia and Carrot?

Seems like only last wednesday all were around to celebrate your birthday... you never notice our bro mikemike meh?
in terms of dayz is only 9 dayz.
in terms of months, oct to nov is 1 mth... than it is long tome no see. :D

never see you say long time no see me :(

nbhd
07-11-2008, 08:26 PM
any helpful bro help me translate this sms. thanks in advance

toi kg muon gap ban, boi vi ban da lua doi toi. ban noi, ban se ve v.nam tham toi, nhung hom nay ban noi ban kg the ve. toi kg thich nhu vay. ban noi ma kg lam, toi kg thich.

vlover
07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Seems like only last wednesday all were around to celebrate your birthday... you never notice our bro mikemike meh?
in terms of dayz is only 9 dayz.
in terms of months, oct to nov is 1 mth... than it is long tome no see. :D

never see you say long time no see me :(

haha.. becos you are the susual suspect in BL and GL area.. so need to say long time no see.. cos every now and then will see you ma.. if cant see you in BL or GL area can also see you when you buy cigarettes ;)..

Regards,
vlover

vlover
07-11-2008, 11:06 PM

toi kg muon gap ban, boi vi ban da lua doi toi. ban noi, ban se ve v.nam tham toi, nhung hom nay ban noi ban kg the ve. toi kg thich nhu vay. ban noi ma kg lam, toi kg thich.

I think la.. I try ah.. mayb wrong.. hope the thay ciaos will come and correct me if I am wrong.. Just trying to learn more..

I don't want to see friend, because friend *bluff me-unsure*. friend say, friend will go back vietnam with me, but today friend say maybe never go back. friend say but never do, I don't like.

P.S. I am just a beginner hoping to learn from mistakes.. Dun flame.. Teach me :D!!

Regards,
vlover

nbhd
07-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I think la.. I try ah.. mayb wrong.. hope the thay ciaos will come and correct me if I am wrong.. Just trying to learn more..

I don't want to see friend, because friend *bluff me-unsure*. friend say, friend will go back vietnam with me, but today friend say maybe never go back. friend say but never do, I don't like.

P.S. I am just a beginner hoping to learn from mistakes.. Dun flame.. Teach me :D!!

Regards,
vlover

thanks bro i reckon your are almost correct in the translation. thanks alot

breast-talk
08-11-2008, 12:48 AM

co moun = want to
di = go
khach san = hotel
voi = with

tien = money
cho = give

bro , i like the way you translate. very detail. learn alot after reading this thread.:)

nbhd
08-11-2008, 01:33 AM
sorry need bro here help translate sms again is there any website can translate. vdict.com dun seem to totally understand the sms.

toi hieu bjo ban noi ji. toi cung kg tuc jan nhung toi kg thich boi vi ban da lua doi toi. toi kg thich ai lua toi, va ban cung vay.

many thanks again. sorry to trouble.

vlover
08-11-2008, 01:47 AM
sorry need bro here help translate sms again is there any website can translate. vdict.com dun seem to totally understand the sms.

toi hieu bjo ban noi ji. toi cung kg tuc jan nhung toi kg thich boi vi ban da lua doi toi. toi kg thich ai lua toi, va ban cung vay.

ok i try again.. tmr others will correct if i am wrong.. duo duo zi jiao:p..

I understand wat friend is saying.. I also don't ....... but I don't like because friend bluff me. I don't like whoever bluff me, with friend also the same..

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
08-11-2008, 02:08 AM
I saw your post at "Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner" thread, and it also appeared here huh...

My interpretation is:

toi kg muon gap ban, boi vi ban da lua doi toi
I dont want see you, because u have trick me

ban noi, ban se ve v.nam tham toi, nhung hom nay ban noi ban kg the ve.
U say, u will go vietnam visit me, but today u say u cannot go.

toi kg thich nhu vay. ban noi ma kg lam, toi kg thich.
I dont like like this. U say but didnt do, I dont like.

Correct me if i m wrong, i also wanted to learn :D

nbhd
08-11-2008, 02:16 AM

I understand wat friend is saying.. I also don't ....... but I don't like because friend bluff me. I don't like whoever bluff me, with friend also the same..

Regards,
vlover

thanks bro u r the real vdict. lol. wat u have translate on the 1st sms is totally correct i call to ask her. so i suppose kg is fren is it. do all viet sms in this way as in fren refers to me? eg. y she cannot sms 'i understand wat you are saying' puzzle me...

anyway thanks vlover

jackbl
08-11-2008, 02:17 AM
I also used dict to help me to translate words that i no hieu....

toi hieu bjo ban noi ji
I understand now u say what.

toi cung kg tuc jan nhung toi kg thich boi vi ban da lua doi toi.
I also dont practice trickery but I dont like because you have trick me.

toi kg thich ai lua toi, va ban cung vay.
I dont like anyone who trick, and u also too.

nbhd
08-11-2008, 02:21 AM
I saw your post at "Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner" thread, and it also appeared here huh...

My interpretation is:

toi kg muon gap ban, boi vi ban da lua doi toi
I dont want see you, because u have trick me

ban noi, ban se ve v.nam tham toi, nhung hom nay ban noi ban kg the ve.
U say, u will go vietnam visit me, but today u say u cannot go.

toi kg thich nhu vay. ban noi ma kg lam, toi kg thich.
I dont like like this. U say but didnt do, I dont like.

Correct me if i m wrong, i also wanted to learn :D

thanks bro yup is like changing the fren to me cos her way of sms i guess fren is refers to me. i'm the one that really need to learn. but dunno how to start....

jackbl
08-11-2008, 02:23 AM
kg = ko = khong, a negative of the word after it.

e.g khong hieu, khong biet, khong thich, etc
dun understand, dun know, dun like

If she refer you as Friend, then i tink she jus treat u as normal fren, not towards intimacy yet....

If she felt that u could be her bf/honey/darling, she will sms "Em hieu anh noi gi"...

Use of toi and ban meaning very polite and not known well.

so i suppose kg is fren is it. do all viet sms in this way as in fren refers to me? eg. y she cannot sms 'i understand wat you are saying' puzzle me...

anyway thanks vlover

jackbl
08-11-2008, 02:26 AM
If u really keen to learn, please read from PAGE 1 of this thread. There are some very informative material for you to start with.. :D no need learn about the pronounciation first, just remember the words means what can liao.. anyway sms no need to speak what, right?!!

thanks bro yup is like changing the fren to me cos her way of sms i guess fren is refers to me. i'm the one that really need to learn. but dunno how to start....

nbhd
08-11-2008, 02:38 AM
kg = ko = khong, a negative of the word after it.

e.g khong hieu, khong biet, khong thich, etc
dun understand, dun know, dun like

If she refer you as Friend, then i tink she jus treat u as normal fren, not towards intimacy yet....

If she felt that u could be her bf/honey/darling, she will sms "Em hieu anh noi gi"...

Use of toi and ban meaning very polite and not known well.

oic.. wah still quite confuss. anyway its really hard to communitcate with her. my viet is 0 her eng is very limited. tok on the phone also very simple eng. i only told her i maybe coming viet but maybe she thinks that i really coming over n now gt all these misunderstanding. in my shoes im thinking way she is so persistance to wan me go over maybe up to no gd. delima

nbhd
08-11-2008, 02:41 AM
If u really keen to learn, please read from PAGE 1 of this thread. There are some very informative material for you to start with.. :D no need learn about the pronounciation first, just remember the words means what can liao.. anyway sms no need to speak what, right?!!

yup have been reading since past few days. thanks for all the guides

Reaper
08-11-2008, 03:02 AM

Regards,
vlover

Regards,
vlover

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have improved alot ah....so you coming in Jan to visit country side isit???? :p ;)

Darkstorm
08-11-2008, 03:12 AM

co moun = want to
di = go
khach san = hotel
voi = with

tien = money
cho = give

Thanks KangTuo for the translation :)

KangTuo
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
e bit a muon o ben e that lau roi ma e hiu tam long cua a ma.

What this sms means? partly is because 2 words I dun understand.

o ben
tam long

owen10
08-11-2008, 03:23 PM
oic.. wah still quite confuss. anyway its really hard to communitcate with her. my viet is 0 her eng is very limited. tok on the phone also very simple eng. i only told her i maybe coming viet but maybe she thinks that i really coming over n now gt all these misunderstanding. in my shoes im thinking way she is so persistance to wan me go over maybe up to no gd. delima

hahaha .. same same here .. i agree its so frustrating. sometimes u dun wanna call her cos may b wkg in d pub. not nice lah. sms her, she got time then reply lor. when i sms d viet gal, most of d time dun underst wat she saying so gotta reply 'khong hieu' ... then need to seek help fr online dict or frens/SB bros here lor.

at least dealing w PRCs r much easier. all of us had gone thru at least pri education here. so basic words, even if dunno hw to spell correctly in sms can still use similar pronounciation, which can still b understandable most of d times lah. :D

nbhd
08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
hahaha .. same same here .. i agree its so frustrating. sometimes u dun wanna call her cos may b wkg in d pub. not nice lah. sms her, she got time then reply lor. when i sms d viet gal, most of d time dun underst wat she saying so gotta reply 'khong hieu' ... then need to seek help fr online dict or frens/SB bros here lor.

at least dealing w PRCs r much easier. all of us had gone thru at least pri education here. so basic words, even if dunno hw to spell correctly in sms can still use similar pronounciation, which can still b understandable most of d times lah. :D

now worst she is back in viet call ex sms khong hieu. ya luck got helpful sb bros here help me middle of the night 2+am. really nice of them. dun reallylike prc deal with afew when i station in suzhou and sh all i gt is money mind. lucky the food n stuff there are very cheap at manage to so call impress them abit but sg prc cannot afford. lol

owen10
08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
To add, vietnamese girls in general are very possessive and easily jealous. Like wat our experienced TS said, this is the best solution to test her out. But I have tried viet girls who would go to the extent to give you their only valuable commodity but with the prospect of having a better life in singapore. In short, its like fishing.. 'fang chang xian diao da yue'.

tis qns is oso open to all bros here wrt chiong-ing in a local viet pub:

1) is thr any unofficial general rule of thumb, if u r oredi with a gal (unofficial bf/gf. when u go there u always look for her type), is it right for u to look for anthr gal in d pub? will she b jealous or angry? but herself butterfly all d time n may have numerous bfs.

2) N if u spot a gal u like oredi with anthr guy, is it ethical for u to approach her when she's alone? there is no written rule on tis but always hear ppl fight over gals in pubs. most of d time, when u ask d gal, she'll tell u 'no bf'. but in actual fact she has many sugar dad/bros.

i guess bros here wd hv encountered d above too often. hw do u tackle d issues? thks ! ..

gosume
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM

o ben
tam long

hi bro if im not wrong o ben means beside. she means that she know u wanna be beside her for really long already.

e hiu tam long cua a ma.
i understand heart belong to u. somewhere along there.not very sure

gosume
08-11-2008, 04:44 PM

Regards,
vlover

yo bro,
tuc jan = tuc gian = get angry.
they use jan as shortform for gian.

AdGuy
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm delighted that this thread is serving its purpose in a big way.

When I first started out in the scene about 3 years ago, I din even know what ba xa meant. Thus, I totally understand the frustrations that new viet cheongsters would face. Hence, the thread to help out fellow newbies. Back then, not many guys could speak viet, and not many girls could speak chinese. Even vdict was not as sophisticated as it is now. Life was really tough and I missed out on many glorious opportunities :D

Fast forward 3 years, I had hoped to share simple pointers with cheongsters who could use basic information about the language. What really surprised me though, and I'm truly glad about it, is that many big bros have stepped out to make this a really useful touchpoint for those who need help. Appreciate this greatly.

But rather than just ask blindly, it would be good to first check out some of the language tools recommended by our bros here. I'm sure you'll find a plenty that will at least help you in some way. That way, sharing becomes a vested interest for all.

AdGuy
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
1) is thr any unofficial general rule of thumb, if u r oredi with a gal (unofficial bf/gf. when u go there u always look for her type), is it right for u to look for anthr gal in d pub? will she b jealous or angry? but herself butterfly all d time n may have numerous bfs.

Same rule of thumb. Guilty until proven innocent. Let me put it to you this way. If she considers you only as a customer, what would your response be?

2) N if u spot a gal u like oredi with anthr guy, is it ethical for u to approach her when she's alone? there is no written rule on tis but always hear ppl fight over gals in pubs. most of d time, when u ask d gal, she'll tell u 'no bf'. but in actual fact she has many sugar dad/bros.

No problems with ethics here. People often fight over girls, but they fight over everything else to. What's the point?

All girls there will have more than 1 regular (or they have to eat grass). These regulars are often termed as 'Ong Xa' or 'Nguoi Yeu'. Viet girls are very attracted to guys who look orange, with a nice stalk sticking out at the top. Viet girls love them to bits, and so do rabbits. Sames cheong rules apply.

Thom07
08-11-2008, 05:14 PM
... but didi dunno liao..

That one ah? We will never know, only the gals know. :D

I think you are the best candidate to test out the female teacher...

Shhhh.... Too many competition around if she is a SYT. :D

AdGuy
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Since I'm so free this afternoon, just thought I pen down a few pointers to note with regards to 'testing' out Viet girls. Some of these, I probably have touched on before, but do bear with me ya?

Rule 1 (and most impt rule) : Guilty unless proven innocent. It took me more than a year to believe the kind of person my ba xa really is.

2) If you have the opportunity, observe a girl's behaviour when she is with another customer. You may be able to see the diff. If there is no diff, you have been sitting with a pro, or someone who treats all customers as equals.

3) Body language when she is sitting with you. If she makes you hug her from behind, move on. It just means she doesn't wanna see you face.

4) Never tip a girl much on the first day. Money usually blinds rationale.

5) When you exchange numbers with a girl, ask her for her number but dun give her yours. If she doesn't ask for it, she's not interested in talking to you. For me, I seldom take a girl's number until I'm sure I wanna remain in contact. That would mean 3 sits at least.

6) Once she has your number, don't take the initiative to sms her. If she doesn't sms you, it's not because her phone is spoilt or that her card does not have money (the 2 common excuses)

7) If after the 3rd sit, you feel that you aren't getting anywhere with her, move on.

8) Never let money be part of the equation. Once that happens, the sums will never equate.

9) If a girl says she likes/loves you, sex should never = money.

10) Girls who take you for granted are never worth the effort.

RULE 11: If you have found one that is the one... treat her well

Thom07
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
excuse no need find... after lunch, say stomache must faster find a clean toilet in hotel.

I suppose you always use this excuse. :D

In short, its like fishing.. 'fang chang xian diao da yue'.

Because you are so attractive mah. Witness this before liao. ;)

I am just a beginner hoping to learn from mistakes.. Dun flame.. Teach me

Who are you trying to bluff? :p

vlover
08-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I also used dict to help me to translate words that i no hieu....

toi hieu bjo ban noi ji
I understand now u say what.

Teacher jiu shi teacher.. more defined explanation.. mine only sub sub water one.. hihi.. solly ah.. :p

Learnt one new short form: bjo= bay gio.. my goodness, like tt oso can..

WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have improved alot ah....so you coming in Jan to visit country side isit????

Troi oi.. Sao anh biet roi? Ai noi chuyen voi anh ha? Em muon di o dau anh cung biet.. Troi.. chet roi..

Em co the di 'country side' 2 nay, den HCMC 3 nay voi anh di uong bia ma.. duoc kg?

Because you are so attractive mah. Witness this before liao.

Who are you trying to bluff?

Huh.. where got? which one? troi... I newbie la.. ppl like jackbl n carrot is advanced level one.. mine still in btw beginner and intermediate.. still haven graduate from beginner class cos lack of PRACTISE!! hahhaaha :D:p;)

Reaper
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Troi oi.. Sao anh biet roi? Ai noi chuyen voi anh ha? Em muon di o dau anh cung biet.. Troi.. chet roi..

Em co the di 'country side' 2 nay, den HCMC 3 nay voi anh di uong bia ma.. duoc kg?

Sao anh kg biet??? Anh ten REAPER!!!!! wahahahahah.....

you sure come back from country side still can go and cheong with me????:cool:

vlover
08-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Sao anh kg biet??? Anh ten REAPER!!!!! wahahahahah.....

you sure come back from country side still can go and cheong with me????

even with the toughest glue ard I will still cheong with you no matter what.. I have already highlighted to the other party my interinary from 8pm till 3am already.. hihihi.. just that there is no need to go hai ba trung anymore :D!!

We can lunch, dinner, drink whatsoever even the other party is around..

Will be in HCMC by wed 03/01.. got 2 nights for you.. hihi..

P.S. Things may take a drastic change if I pulled out the 'quarrel stunt' ;):p

regards,
vlover

jackbl
08-11-2008, 09:49 PM
day= ngày
this = này

Sorry, I m not that good as what u have think. I seems to be very "good" but the actual fact is that I use the online dictionary more often. If i dun know the word, I will find it. If can't find it, I will ask around from the native speaker.... :D

Huh.. where got? which one? troi... I newbie la.. ppl like jackbl n carrot is advanced level one.. mine still in btw beginner and intermediate.. still haven graduate from beginner class cos lack of PRACTISE!! hahhaaha :D:p;)

jackbl
08-11-2008, 09:57 PM
U are too Lxxx liao, these words can be found in the dictionary.... :mad:

bên [noun ]
Side, edge, face

tâm [noun ]
man's good heart mind center, heart

ḷng [noun ]
heart; soul; mind

o ben
tam long

jackbl
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Remember those days that we go to that community centre and the co giao??? :D And those days when we first came out to cheong, not many ppl we know. At that time the person that i know who can speak/write viet the best, is Lament. Now has lost sight of him liao..... if he came here to lend a hand, i consider it better than those native speaker, cos he can understand english better....

By the way, you guys can download the below dictionary and install in your laptop, u can check the dict w/o having to login internet!!! :);):p
Free Vietnamese Dictionary Project (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Dict/install.html)

I'm delighted that this thread is serving its purpose in a big way.

Fast forward 3 years, I had hoped to share simple pointers with cheongsters who could use basic information about the language. What really surprised me though, and I'm truly glad about it, is that many big bros have stepped out to make this a really useful touchpoint for those who need help. Appreciate this greatly.

But rather than just ask blindly, it would be good to first check out some of the language tools recommended by our bros here. I'm sure you'll find a plenty that will at least help you in some way. That way, sharing becomes a vested interest for all.

AdGuy
09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
A good learning source that I would like to share with bros here.

Study hard

Lesson table of content (http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnamese/vnlanguage/supportns/tableofcontent.htm)

jackbl
09-11-2008, 01:12 AM
This is a good site. I have also learnt from it. I finished all 20 lessons. Thanks! :p

A good learning source that I would like to share with bros here.

Study hard

Lesson table of content (http://www.seasite.niu.edu/vietnamese/vnlanguage/supportns/tableofcontent.htm)

v.killers
09-11-2008, 05:49 AM

Troi oi, em noi la kg co ranh bay gio lai o day nhieu chuyen wa :rolleyes:

Em bay gio cung thich di "country side" roi ha? :D wanna go together with me? I will be going to country side on the 27th :D

Hen gap lai e!!

Cheers VK (",)

KangTuo
09-11-2008, 07:36 AM
U are too Lxxx liao, these words can be found in the dictionary.... :mad:

bên [noun ]
Side, edge, face

tâm [noun ]
man's good heart mind center, heart

ḷng [noun ]
heart; soul; mind

no lah, i did try to find in vdict. kana say lazy once liao...
it is just that all the 'ben' in vdict don't seems to fit in the sentence

I try search 'tam long', cannot find... if the intepretation of 'tam long' is heart, it is too cheem for me. I learnt that heart = 'tim'.

You know that the 'cong an' at HM always sms cheem words to me.

jackbl
09-11-2008, 09:20 AM
U so late didnt sleep or u wake up so early to learn viet is it? So hardworking huh! I will pardon u for this time... :D

Download this to your pc/laptop : Free Vietnamese Dictionary Project (http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~duc/Dict/install.html)

no lah, i did try to find in vdict. kana say lazy once liao...
it is just that all the 'ben' in vdict don't seems to fit in the sentence

I try search 'tam long', cannot find... if the intepretation of 'tam long' is heart, it is too cheem for me. I learnt that heart = 'tim'.

jackbl
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone, I think i posted this before quite sometime ago, its some basic vietnamese for saying hello when meeting people.... No need to pronounce it correctly, for the 1st time, just remember the words and know how to use it can liao ;)

Lesson 01: Hello!
Bài 01: Xin chào !

I.HỘI THOẠI (CONVERSATIONS)

Nghe
1. Gặp gỡ trên đường (Meeting people in the street)

a. Hải Đăng gặp cô giáo (Hai Dang meets his woman-lecturer)

H Chào cô ạ!
Good afternoon, madam!
W Chào anh!
Good afternoon!
H Cô có khỏe không ạ?
How are you?
W Cảm ơn anh. Tôi b́nh thường.
I am fine. Thank you.
C̣n anh, anh có khỏe không?
And you, how are you?
H Cảm ơn cô. Em vẫn khỏe.
I am well. Thank you.

b) Hợp gặp thầy giáo (Hop meets his man-teacher)

H Chào thầy ạ!
Good morning, sir!
M Chào anh!
Good morning!
H Thầy có khỏe không ạ?
How are you?
M Cảm ơn anh. Tôi vẫn khỏe.
I am well. Thank you.
C̣n anh, anh có khỏe không?
And you, how are you?
H Cảm ơn thầy. Em cũng khỏe.
I am well, too. Thank you.

c) Bà Nhung gặp ông Dũng (Mrs. Nhung meets Mr. Dung)

N Chào ông ạ!
Good afternoon, sir!
D Chào bà!
Good afternoon, madam!
N Ông có khỏe không?
How are you?
D Cảm ơn bà. Tôi b́nh thường.
I am fine. Thank you.
C̣n bà, bà có khỏe không?
And you, how are you?
N Cảm ơn ông. Tôi cũng b́nh thường ạ.
I am fine, too. Thank you.

d) Hương gặp bà Trung (Miss Huong meets Mrs. Trung)

H Chào bà ạ!
Good morning, madam!
T Chào cô!
Good morning, young lady!
H Bà có khỏe không ạ?
How are you?
T Cảm ơn cô. Tôi b́nh thường.
I am fine. Thank you.
C̣n cô, cô có khỏe không?
And you, how are you?
H Cảm ơn bà. Cháu vẫn khỏe.
I am well. Thank you.

e) Việt Anh gặp Việt Hải (Viet Anh meets Viet Hai)

H Chào Việt Anh! Cậu khỏe không?
Hello Viet Anh! How are you?
A Chào Việt Hải! Cảm ơn, tàm tạm vậy.
Hello Viet Hai! So so, thanks.
C̣n cậu, khỏe không?
And you, how are you?
H Mấy hôm nay tớ hơi mệt.
For some recent days, I am rather tired.
Tạm biệt nhé!
Bye!
A Tạm biệt!
Bye!

2. Gặp gỡ tại buổi tiệc mừng nhà mới
(Meeting people at a new house party)

Hoa Ô, chào Mai!
Oh, good evening, Mai!
Mai Chào Hoa!
Good evening, Hoa!
Ḿnh xin giới thiệu: Đây là anh Hải.
May I introduce Mr. Hai to you?
Anh ấy là kiến trúc sư.
He is an architect.
Hải Chào chị!
How do you do?
Hoa Chào anh!
How do you do?
Rất vui được gặp anh.
Very nice to meet you.
Tôi là Hoa. Tôi là giảng viên.
I am Hoa. I am a lecturer.
          À, Mai. Cậu có biết ông Phan Văn không?
Mai. Do you know Mr.Phan Van?
MAI   Ồ, không. Ông ấy làm nghề ǵ?
Oh, no. What's his job?
Hoa Ông ấy là nhà báo.
He is a journalist.
Kia, ông ấy đang đến đấy.
There, he is coming.

3. Gặp gỡ ở cơ quan (Meeting people at the office)

Minh chào những người (cả nam lẫn nữ) ở trong pḥng
(Minh greets men and women in the room)

M Chào các anh, các chị!
Good morning!
N Chào anh!
Good morning!
M Các anh, các chị có khỏe không?
How are you?
N Cảm ơn anh. Chúng tôi b́nh thường.
We are fine. Thank you.
C̣n anh, gia đ́nh thế nào?
And you, how is your family?
M Cảm ơn các anh, các chị. Gia đ́nh tôi vẫn khỏe.
Everybody is fine. Thank you.

II. NGỮ PHÁP (GRAMMAR)

1. Usage of some personal pronouns
(Cách dùng một số đại từ nhân xưng)

* Ông (you, sir, Mr.) and Ông ấy (he, that old man) used to call old men (about or over 50 years old)[Ông, Ông ấy được dùng để gọi những người đàn ông khoảng từ 50 tuổi trở lên].

* Bà (you, Madam, Mrs.) and Bà ấy (she, that old woman) used for old women (about or over 45 years old) [Bà, Bà ấy được dùng gọi những phụ nữ khoảng trên 45 tuổi].

* Anh (you, sir) and Anh ấy (he, that young man) used for young men [Anh, Anh ấy dùng gọi những nam giới trẻ].

* Chị (you, Mrs., Miss) and Chị ấy (she, that young woman) used for young women [Chị, Chị ấy được dùng để gọi những phụ nữ trẻ].

* Cô (you, Miss) and Cô ấy (she, that young girl) used for very young women, young girl [Cô, Cô ấy dùng để gọi những cô gái trẻ].

* Cậu (you)- Tớ (I): Cordinal addressing between two young person of the same age. (Cậu - Tớ: Cách xưng hô thân mật giữa hai người trẻ cùng tuổi).

* Cụ (you, sir, Mr.) used to call very old people (Cụ - Từ dùng gọi các cụ già).

* Cháu (I) used when a young person speak to an old person (Cháu- được người trẻ dùng để xưng với người già).

* Em (I) used when a student speak to a lecturer (Em- được dùng khi sinh viên xưng với giáo viên).

2. When you want to greet somebody, you use the word Chào and one personal pronoun which is suitable for the context such as ông, bà, anh, chị, cụ, thầy,... (Khi bạn muốn chào một người nào đó, bạn dùng từ Chào và một đại từ nhân xưng thích hợp với hoàn cảnh). Examples:

Chào ông! Good morning, sir!
Chào bà! Good morning, madam!
Chào cô! Good afternoon, young lady!

Chào can be used at any time (morning, afternoon, evening, night) [Từ Chào có thể dùng bất kỳ lúc nào (sáng, chiều, tối, đêm)].

Some sentences is often used when greeting sombody (Một số câu thường được sử dụng khi chào hỏi)

Ông (bà, anh, chị...) có khỏe không? How are you?
Các cụ thế nào? How about your parent?
Công việc thế nào? How are you getting on?
Các cháu thế nào? How about your children?
Cuộc sống ra sao? How's life?
Mọi việc thế nào? How are things?

Some the answers (Một số câu trả lời)

Mọi người đều khỏe. Everybody is well.
Tôi b́nh thường I am fine.
Không đến nỗi tồi. Not so badly.
Không có vấn đề ǵ. No problem.

3. Các - The word which expresses the plural number
(Các - Từ biểu thị số nhiều). Examples:

Singular number (Số ít) Plural number (Số nhiều)

Ông (you, sir) Các ông (you, sirs)

Anh ấy (he, that young man) Các anh ấy (they, those young men)

Sinh viên (student) Các sinh viên (students)

4. A- The word used at the end of a sentence to indicate respect.
(ạ - từ đặt ở cuối câu để biểu thị sự kính trọng).

5. To ask about one's career, you use the pattern (Để hỏi về nghề nghiệp của một người nào đó, bạn dùng công thức):

Subject + làm nghề ǵ?

Ông làm nghề ǵ? What's your job?
Tôi là bác sĩ. I am a doctor.

6. Way of saying good-bye (Cách chào tạm biệt)

Tạm biệt ông (bà..) or
Chào ông (bà...) Good-bye, sir (madam...).

Hẹn gặp lại. See again.
Hẹn gặp lại ông (bà..) See you again.

III. THỰC HÀNH (PRACTICE)

1. Complete the following conversations
(Hoàn thành các đoạn hội thoại sau)

a)

A Chào ông! Good morning, sir!
B ............. Good morning, madam!
A ............. How are you?
B Cảm ơn bà. Tôi khỏe. I am well. Thank you.
............... And you, how are you?
A Cảm ơn ông .............. I am fine. Thank you.

b)
C Chào anh! Good afternoon!
D Chào chị! Good afternoon!
C ............... How are you?
D Cảm ơn chị. Tôi khỏe... I am fine. Thank you.
..............................How is your family?
C Cảm ơn anh...........Everyone is fine. Thank you.

2. Model (Mẫu):

Chào ông! Ông có khỏe không?
Good morning, sir! How are you?

* Replace the word ông by the words bà, anh, chị, cụ, thầy.
(Thay từ Ông bằng các từ bà , anh, chị, cụ, thầy)

3. Model (Mẫu):

Bà làm nghề ǵ? What's your job?

* Replace the word Bà by the following words to make new questions.
(Thay từ Bà bằng các từ sau để tạo ra những câu hỏi mới).

Ông you (for old man)
Anh you (for young man)
Chị you (for young woman)
Ông ấy he, that old man
Bà ấy she, that old woman
Ông Mai Mr. Mai
Bà Trâm Mrs. Tram
Cô Thanh Miss Thanh

4. Model (Mẫu):

Anh làm nghề ǵ? What's your job?
Tôi là giảng viên. I am a lecturer.

* Make sentences with the following words.
(Hăy tạo câu với các từ sau)

giáo sư professor ca sĩ singer
giáo viên teacher họa sĩ painter
luật sư lawyer nhạc sĩ musician
giám đốc director nha sĩ dentist
phi công pilot bác sĩ doctor
thư kư secretary quản đốc manager
nhà văn writer công an policeman
công nhân worker y tá nurse

Hurricane88
09-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Alot very hard working. Some just lam tinh came back and some no lam tinh but think too much of their em yeu oso cannot sleep. All start rise and shine to viet tieng viet...:)

jackbl
09-11-2008, 11:43 AM
And how about u? Last night go which pub hug gal? Got go "exercise" or not? So today what u want to contribute to this thread? ;):p:D:)

Alot very hard working. Some just lam tinh came back and some no lam tinh but think too much of their em yeu oso cannot sleep. All start rise and shine to viet tieng viet..

one502
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
You finally appear roi !!!

And I am coming back soon. It seems you have known several new friends already and don't need me this old friend for your big day liao. :( So sad.

So this is where you hone your tieng viet. No wonder you had improved quite a lot. No longer the small little innocent boy. Got new target is it? Wondering who is the one who can capture your fragile heart. :D

Called you at 7am this morning but you didn't pick up. Now you got sleep so much meh? :confused: Or you were busy F* last night? :p

nbhd
09-11-2008, 04:34 PM
need help again try to match wat she sms but fail. haizz

toi hieu me ban lo lang cho ban. va toi se kg jan ban va ghet ban. nhung toi se kg tin ban. toi mon se duoc vui va hanh phuc.

thanks in advance bros

vlover
09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Troi oi, em noi la kg co ranh bay gio lai o day nhieu chuyen wa

Em bay gio cung thich di "country side" roi ha? wanna go together with me? I will be going to country side on the 27th

Hen gap lai e!!

Cheers VK (",)

Troi oi.. anh kg gian ha.. hom wa kg co khach nhieu.. em ranh roi lai o day noi chuyen ma.. :p

I know la.. these 2 mths cant la.. farking busy ley.. cant be away ma.. :(

Kg sao.. mai mot em voi anh di duoc kg?

Regards,
vlover

vlover
09-11-2008, 05:21 PM

toi hieu me ban lo lang cho ban. va toi se kg jan ban va ghet ban. nhung toi se kg tin ban. toi mon se duoc vui va hanh phuc.

thanks in advance bros

Let me try..

I understand your mom make arrangement for you.. and i am not angry with you and don't hate you.. But I will not believe you.. I want to be happy and fortunate..

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
09-11-2008, 05:23 PM
U dun understand a single word? What did u sms to her previously? did u ever try to use online dictionary to find out first? :mad:

thanks in advance bros

jackbl
09-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi,

"toi hieu me ban lo lang cho ban", does "lo lang" means "make arrangement"? please enlighten me.

Let me try..

I understand your mom make arrangement for you.. and i am not angry with you and don't hate you.. But I will not believe you.. I want to be happy and fortunate..

Regards,
vlover

nbhd
09-11-2008, 05:37 PM
U dun understand a single word? What did u sms to her previously? did u ever try to use online dictionary to find out first? :mad:

understand only bit here n there like 'hieu' is 'understand' but me ban lo lang cho dun know wat is that. use vdict
Hieu toi mẹ bận worried about ban. and I will jan kg and the Ghet ban. but I'll kg of information. toi mon will be fun and happiness.
this is wat i get.

nbhd
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Let me try..

Regards,
vlover

thanks for the translation once again. but she never really reply my question. ask can i still call her she also nv say anything abt that. cos the last time i called her 2days ago tok to me in a very cold tone. :( keep on buying calling card also ex.

Darkstorm
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Go easy on him man.....We were all beginners once.....I am still a beginner in Viet language :)

v.killers
09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi,

"toi hieu me ban lo lang cho ban", does "lo lang" means "make arrangement"? please enlighten me.

lo lang = worry

dung kg em ? :D

v.killers
09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Troi oi.. anh kg gian ha.. hom wa kg co khach nhieu.. em ranh roi lai o day noi chuyen ma..

I know la.. these 2 mths cant la.. farking busy ley.. cant be away ma..

Kg sao.. mai mot em voi anh di duoc kg?

Regards,
vlover

Tai sao keu a kg gain e dau? :mad: em nhieu chuyen giong ba tam wa troi luon....:rolleyes:

Troi oi, em viet tieng viet hay hon a roi, lo lang la = make arrangement ha e? :eek:

Better make youself free hor, 24 or 25th you free anot? go vn together lah :D so I can meet my bx and nguoi yeu ^_^

jackbl
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
I cant find "lo lang" in the dict... can only find lo=worry.. :( why my dict no good one :confused:

lo lang = worry

dung kg em ? :D

jackbl
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Must make him be self-reliant. Cannot anyhow spoon-feed him. When we first start to learn, where got this thread?! :D

If he is able to tell us what he sent to the gal, and from the gal's reply, maybe we can roughly guess what she means, if not we have to crack our brain. If dun know the sentence, at least attempt to guess first, the unknown will be revealed by helpful people like you and vlover :D

Go easy on him man.....We were all beginners once.....I am still a beginner in Viet language :)

jackbl
09-11-2008, 07:23 PM
To be blent, from her sms to u, you and her are not very close. Where got lover/bgr relationship call each other by "toi-ban". At least "anh-em" if not "ong xa- ba xa", "anh yeu-em yeu".....

Work hard on the relationship and good luck :p

cos the last time i called her 2days ago tok to me in a very cold tone. :( keep on buying calling card also ex.

jackbl
09-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Its because she has studied enough to write words in a much cheem ways... good for her! I praised her good in chinese and english, she seems happy ;):p:D

nbhd
09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
To be blent, from her sms to u, you and her are not very close. Where got lover/bgr relationship call each other by "toi-ban". At least "anh-em" if not "ong xa- ba xa", "anh yeu-em yeu".....

Work hard on the relationship and good luck :p

ya lor can see from her tone when she tok to me on phone nvm slowly lor. anyway thanks for the information will work extra harder:D

v.killers
09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I cant find "lo lang" in the dict... can only find lo=worry.. why my dict no good one

Hahahaha....nothing compared to a long hair dictionary :D:D:D

vlover
09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I searched vdict and find 'lo=make arrangement' ma.. so I just guessed it as an excuse loh.. hihi.. :p don't flame me ah.. I m just learning.. at least i am proud to say I tried................. but failed!!

thanks for the translation once again. but she never really reply my question. ask can i still call her she also nv say anything abt that. cos the last time i called her 2days ago tok to me in a very cold tone. :( keep on buying calling card also ex.

She will only talk to you in a happy tone only when you are in HCMC. Then you will experience the feeling of being a CARROT..

Actually, my personal feel is that if you go over to find the viet girls who worked here, they will feel that you like them and they will stick to you like hell, hold onto you like prized possession.. Wait until you step into their disco and see the other FLs then you will have the same feeling like the 1st time I went.. 'WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WITH HER?? :D the seniors here will vouch for the quality there..

Tai sao keu a kg gain e dau? em nhieu chuyen giong ba tam wa troi luon..

Troi oi, em viet tieng viet hay hon a roi, lo lang la = make arrangement ha e?

Better make youself free hor, 24 or 25th you free anot? go vn together lah so I can meet my bx and nguoi yeu ^_^

Troi.. kg gian duoc kg? a di o ngoai kg duoc.. muon o quan ca phe thay nguoi lam..

Xin loi anh, em dang di hoc tieng viet, kg phai hay.. em suy nghi lo lang la make arrangement.. kg biet..

Troi.. 24 or 25th em kg ranh nhe.. even if I can, go there with you, you see your BX and nguoi yeu then I do what? em la ban gai cua anh, di HCMC thay anh co nhieu nhieu BX va nguoi yeu, em ghen nhieu nhieu.. anh muon lam tim cua em dau ha:eek:?

regards,
vlover

jackbl
09-11-2008, 09:59 PM
I din flame u :p i jus curious "lo lang" means what ... Yes, I applaud your hardworking spirit... too bad i cant add u again :D

I searched vdict and find 'lo=make arrangement' ma.. so I just guessed it as an excuse loh.. hihi.. :p don't flame me ah.. I m just learning.. at least i am proud to say I tried................. but failed!!

regards,
vlover

Reaper
09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Actually, my personal feel is that if you go over to find the viet girls who worked here, they will feel that you like them and they will stick to you like hell, hold onto you like prized possession.. Wait until you step into their disco and see the other FLs then you will have the same feeling like the 1st time I went.. 'WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WITH HER?? :D the seniors here will vouch for the quality there..

I was once told that, those that cannot make it in HCMC go to Singapore. Ah Boy, you come up I bring you you go happy place ok.....wahahahahahha

vlover
09-11-2008, 11:57 PM
I was once told that, those that cannot make it in HCMC go to Singapore. Ah Boy, you come up I bring you you go happy place ok.....wahahahahahha

The better looking ones who come to Singapore will also end up being 'BAO-ed' by the rich and you will seldom see them at BL or GL anymore.. :cool:

Happy place sia.. drooling already ley.. :p;):D

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Most of the better looking ones work in other places, not JC or GL, they work KTVs or OTs :D:p;):)

The better looking ones who come to Singapore will also end up being 'BAO-ed' by the rich and you will seldom see them at BL or GL anymore..

Regards,
vlover

jackbl
10-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Tây Ninh (Hán tự: 西寧)
================
It is one of the 64 provinces (tỉnh) of Vietnam, located in the southeastern part of the country. Its capital is the city of Tay Ninh.

Tây Ninh has a population of 989,800 and an area of 4,028 km².

Tây Ninh Province is the birthplace of Trịnh Minh Thế, a nationalist and military leader during the end of the First Indochina War and the beginning of the Vietnam War.

Tây Ninh is home to the Cao Đài religion.

Districts
The province has eight districts:

Tân Biên
Tân Châu
Dương Minh Châu
Châu Thành
Ḥa Thành
Bến Cầu
G̣ Dầu
Trảng Bàng
The city of Tây Ninh represents its own municipality.

If i m not wrong, sgp had built an industrial park there....

B́nh Dương
========
It is located in the southeastern part of the country, immediately to the north of Hồ Chí Minh City. The province was created from Sông Bé Province on January 1, 1997.

jackbl
10-11-2008, 12:24 AM
An Giang (pronunciation (help·info); Hán Tự: 安江; written identically in both English and Vietnamese) is a province of Vietnam. It is located in the Mekong Delta, in the southwestern part of the country, sharing a border with Cambodia to the northwest.

Geography
An Giang occupies a position in the upper reaches of the Mekong Delta. The Hau Giang and Tien Giang branches of the Mekong are the dominant geographical features of the province. With the exception of the west, most of An Giang is fairly flat, and is criss-crossed by many canals and small rivers. This terrain has led to An Giang being a significant agricultural centre, producing significant quantities of rice.

Administration
Politically, An Giang is divided into nine districts:

An Phú
Châu Phú
Châu Thành
Chợ Mới
Phú Tân
Tân Châu
Thoại Sơn
Tịnh Biên
Tri Tôn
The cities of Long Xuyen (the provincial capital) and Châu Đốc, both of which are located on the Hau Giang branch of the Mekong, exist as independent municipalities.

Demographics
An Giang first became a province in 1832, having been settled by ethnically Vietnamese migrants moving southwards in search of new land. It is believed that An Giang was once an important centre of the vanished Óc Eo culture, presumably owing to its position on the river. Traditionally, An Giang has been known for its silk industry.

An Giang is home to a sizable number of people from Vietnam's ethnic minorities. Due to the province's proximity to Cambodia, the Khmer Krom are the largest non-Vietnamese group. Other groups, such as the Cham and ethnic Chinese (Hoa), are also found in An Giang.

The Ba Chuc massacre of April 1978, in that border province with Cambodia. On the day the Khmer Rouge began its series of border raids, April 15, 1978, Ba Chuc was a quiet little village of about 3,500 people. For two weeks, ending April 30, 1978, the Khmer Rouge tore through Ba Chuc slicing to bits anything that breathed, literally ripping apart young children limb from limb and hacking the adults to pieces with machetes. When the raids ceased the population of Ba Chuc had been reduced to 2.

owen10
10-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Same rule of thumb. Guilty until proven innocent. Let me put it to you this way. If she considers you only as a customer, what would your response be?

No problems with ethics here. People often fight over girls, but they fight over everything else to. What's the point?

All girls there will have more than 1 regular (or they have to eat grass). These regulars are often termed as 'Ong Xa' or 'Nguoi Yeu'. Viet girls are very attracted to guys who look orange, with a nice stalk sticking out at the top. Viet girls love them to bits, and so do rabbits. Sames cheong rules apply.

thks bro AdGuy for yr advice. i thk yr pt here is tt she can have multiple partners, so can we.

i guess its a dog-eat-dog world out there. there is no such thing as jiang hu ethics or any guy to have permanent possession of any 1 gal. unless u r her husband or u rich enuff to bao her. if u have to fight with a guy over a gal u like, brace up for d challenge! :D

KangTuo
10-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Its because she has studied enough to write words in a much cheem ways... good for her! I praised her good in chinese and english, she seems happy ;):p:D

if only she is really happy... yesterday she was ok, never work and enjoy at Mask51. Today show black face and never talk much as she use to. :(

nbhd
10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
She will only talk to you in a happy tone only when you are in HCMC. Then you will experience the feeling of being a CARROT..

well ya i believe it is mostly the case. so probably will wait till she comes back to sg 2-3 mths time mean while can just go jc walk walk try luck. play home game is still better than playing away. thanks for the advise. :)

mikemike
10-11-2008, 12:36 PM
'NIGHTLY'[/COLOR] events with Mafia and Carrot?

Yes sir..since 3 weeks ago, i think..about the nightly event..no lar, i go off before 2359..keke..catch up again ^_^

take care

Hurricane88
10-11-2008, 01:11 PM
And how about u? Last night go which pub hug gal? Got go "exercise" or not? So today what u want to contribute to this thread?

Me retired liao no more go pub to chiong...:)

technofreak
10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi,

Lo lang = to take care

alien69
10-11-2008, 05:04 PM
bros:

help pls:
"em nhan gi vay" - what does it mean?

nhan has many meaning?

Darkstorm
10-11-2008, 08:11 PM
bros:

help pls:

nhan has many meaning?

I am just guessing (should be wrong):"You have my phone number?"

alien69
10-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Bro Darkstorm...

as least u can guess..I have no idea why " nhan" has so many meaning in Vdict.

can u help some more?
"em noi thiet do. Chua bao gio em uon ruo het. Ngay hom qua vui qua nen moi uon ru0 nhieu. ve ngu tu sang toi gio moi vay ne. chan bi di lam ne."

I think the means....
" i .... never .... and last sentence is "go work"...

Knn...too ADVANCE for me liao ...HELP

Darkstorm
10-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Bro Darkstorm...

can u help some more?
"em noi thiet do. Chua bao gio em uon ruo het. Ngay hom qua vui qua nen moi uon ru0 nhieu. ve ngu tu sang toi gio moi vay ne. chan bi di lam ne."

I think the means....

Sorry, I am a beginner in Viet language. Will help you if I can though. Probably by the time I get an answer, the seniors here will be able to help you translate.

gosume
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Bro Darkstorm...

can u help some more?

I think the means....

hey bro let me try.

em noi thiet do = i say real
Chua bao gio em uon ruo het = yet now i take medicine finish
Ngay hom qua vui qua nen moi uon ru0 nhieu = day yesterday very happy so take many medicine.
ve ngu tu sang toi gio moi vay ne. = return home slp since morning.........
chan bi di lam ne = preparing to go work.

my guess uon ruo is short for uong thuoc

pls correct if im wrong coz im also still learning.

alien69
10-11-2008, 09:29 PM
medicine... not medicine...it should be chivas (liquors, or alcohols)

gosume
10-11-2008, 10:05 PM
medicine... not medicine...it should be chivas (liquors, or alcohols)

haha thanks. just found out that ruou = wine/liquors...

KangTuo
10-11-2008, 11:55 PM
bros:

help pls:

nhan has many meaning?

I am just guessing (should be wrong):"You have my phone number?"

alien69. As my teacher (jackbl) always say, we need to know what is the previous msg so that we can interprete for you.

1) Did you sms her to agree on something?
em = me (younger one)
nhan = to accept, to agree
gi = what
vay = no meaning, only an exclaimation
she is asking you what you want her to accept

2) If she is elder than you and don't understand what you sms
em = you (young one)
nhan = Send a message to, send word to, sms
gi = what
she is asking you what you sms her

Darkstorm, nice try... intepretation seems out.
You have my phone number? = Anh co so may cua em kg?
co = have
so may = phone number
cua = belonging to

KangTuo
11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
hey bro let me try.

Ngay hom qua vui qua nen moi uon ru0 nhieu = day yesterday very happy so take many medicine.

haha thanks. just found out that ruou = wine/liquors...

nice try. You are making use of vdict very well. Furthermore this gal sms so many short form and you can guess... :D
up ur pts.

I always kana f by my teacher (jackbl) for not using the vdict.

gosume
11-11-2008, 12:14 AM
nice try. You are making use of vdict very well. Furthermore this gal sms so many short form and you can guess... :D
up ur pts.

I always kana f by my teacher (jackbl) for not using the vdict.

thanks man. i have been practising with my bx. ytd she come to sg but kena reject by custom.lol

jackbl
11-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Your explaination is very good :)

My guess of "em nhan gi vay" = You sms what huh?

You have my phone number? = Anh co so dt cua em kg?

so dien thoai (short form=dt)= phone number

so may=what number?

alien69. As my teacher (jackbl) always say, we need to know what is the previous msg so that we can interprete for you.

1) Did you sms her to agree on something?
em = me (younger one)
nhan = to accept, to agree
gi = what
she is asking you what you want her to accept

2) If she is elder than you and don't understand what you sms
em = you (young one)
nhan = Send a message to, send word to, sms
gi = what
she is asking you what you sms her

Darkstorm, nice try... intepretation seems out.
You have my phone number? = Anh co so may cua em kg?
co = have
so may = phone number
cua = belonging to

Darkstorm
11-11-2008, 05:32 AM
bros:

help pls:

nhan has many meaning?

Okay, this is confirmed correct: "Em nhan gi vay" = What did you sms to me?

Darkstorm
11-11-2008, 05:40 AM
Bro Darkstorm...

can u help some more?

I think the means....

Okay, this is confirmed correct:

"To tell the truth, I don't drink beer. Yesterday, I was happy, so i drank some beer. I went back and slept until now.
I am going to go to work."

jackbl
11-11-2008, 10:38 AM
My guess:

em noi thiet do = i say true/real
Chua bao gio em uon ruo het = Not yet i have ever drink liquor
Ngay hom qua vui qua nen moi uon ru0 nhieu = yesterday very happy so drink liquor a lot
ve ngu tu sang toi gio moi vay ne= return sleep from morning to now then wake up
chuan bi di lam ne= preparing to go work

hey bro let me try.

alien69
11-11-2008, 01:45 PM
thanks for Bro KANGTAO & JACKBL and your encouragement,

Initially we wanted to make this girl high and then bring her out, to bonk....but in the end all of us are high...(didi also no power) ...Wasted the chance.

Vdict is restricted...cannot use short form and sound tones also too many...
One more sms:
"Em Khieu" = I have a talent ? am i right?

May be I will buy some books w/o CD to learn the pronunciation from Borders/Kino.... Any recommendation?

casannova03
11-11-2008, 02:45 PM
wa so many people now keen on vietnamese ah...haha...sorry i was away and not able to help out...domestic hiccup la...lucky have so many other bros here to help translation also....

i backside itchy go friend b'day and sat with a viet young gal...knn...dunno she using glitters..damn!! you know the rest of the story liao ....need i say more?? made my wife so upset....

....." sao anh co em roi nhung anh con di choi con gai?? anh noi di.....em la ai cua anh? neu anh ko muon em thi anh noi di. em ko co gi het..."

wah...knn my balls shrink lor....threaten divorce.....hahahaha so didn't have time to help out or for the matter update my other thread....

moral of story:

for those who are married, pls step into the toilet of anywhere and do a 100% check like customs like that before returning home from chionging...the 5 mins spent will save you 5 days of explaining and coaxing the missus!!!!

haha!!!:D

Reaper
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
wa so many people now keen on vietnamese ah...haha...sorry i was away and not able to help out...domestic hiccup la...lucky have so many other bros here to help translation also....

i backside itchy go friend b'day and sat with a viet young gal...knn...dunno she using glitters..damn!! you know the rest of the story liao ....need i say more?? made my wife so upset....

....." sao anh co em roi nhung anh con di choi con gai?? anh noi di.....em la ai cua anh? neu anh ko muon em thi anh noi di. em ko co gi het..."

wah...knn my balls shrink lor....threaten divorce.....hahahaha so didn't have time to help out or for the matter update my other thread....

moral of story:

for those who are married, pls step into the toilet of anywhere and do a 100% check like customs like that before returning home from chionging...the 5 mins spent will save you 5 days of explaining and coaxing the missus!!!!

Your wife very very fierce......is she from Hanoi????? :p ;)

technofreak
11-11-2008, 03:31 PM
One more sms:

You have to relate the whole sentence in order for teachers like Jackbl n Kangtuo to decode...:)

help pls:

nhan = nhan tin = sms (verb)

tin nhan = sms (noun)

moral of story:

for those who are married, pls step into the toilet of anywhere and do a 100% check like customs like that before returning home from chionging...the 5 mins spent will save you 5 days of explaining and coaxing the missus!!!

Be careful in future...I almost kena once too. From then onwards, I always bring extra set of clothings when I go chiong...Not forgetting wet tissues too...;)

Reaper
11-11-2008, 04:19 PM
bros:

help pls:

nhan has many meaning?

At least you have found the meaning. at least she didnt sms you in short form. wait till you get this sms:

"e nt va dt cho a, sao a kg tl???"

Am sure many of the oldies here would have this experience.

technofreak
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM
At least you have found the meaning. at least she didnt sms you in short form. wait till you get this sms:

I write in full for the benefit of those eager to learn:

Em nhan tin va dien thoai cho anh, tai sao anh khong tra loi??

Translation:

Lim bu sms and call u, y never reply??

jackbl
12-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Of course, no dictionary can translate short form!!!

Why she call u by "Em"?

One more sms:

May be I will buy some books w/o CD to learn the pronunciation from Borders/Kino.... Any recommendation?

If w/o CD, how to listen to pronunciation?????

jackbl
12-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow ...... long time no see u, u become clever liao.. must be drinking a lot of vinamilk at home and increased brain power :D

I write in full for the benefit of those eager to learn:

Em nhan tin va dien thoai cho anh, tai sao anh khong tra loi??

Translation:

casannova03
12-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Your wife very very fierce......is she from Hanoi????? :p ;)

nope, from HCM....haha...98% Vn girls are fierce what.....haha...:D

casannova03
12-11-2008, 01:16 AM

'Lim Bu' si boh?? hahaha you one hell of a freaking funny la bro.....hahahahaha:D

well, once you get the hang of msging vn msgs, you will actully prefer the short form la....very convenient lei.....hahaha....dun worry, with practice you will get there!!

nbhd
12-11-2008, 01:17 AM
really have to thanks all the kind bros here who help in sms translate.. i have cleared all misunderstanding with her already.. cold war for abt 2days ytd nite call her tok to her for about 1hr plus so least she is laughing to my joke like before.. :D but can
t call her tonite :mad: 4get that no more value left in the calling card... i'm using talk-a-thon $10 value card 100mins. is this the most value for money calling card?

jackbl
12-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Thats what i m using now. if u use house phone to call her, u can talk for 130min. if u use the callback function, then its 100min :D

4get that no more value left in the calling card... i'm using talk-a-thon $10 value card 100mins. is this the most value for money calling card?

owen10
12-11-2008, 01:42 AM

moral of story:

at least there's still room for discussion. if spore wife, i thk may b a yellow cd or straight red liao!

casannova03
12-11-2008, 02:09 AM
at least there's still room for discussion. if spore wife, i thk may b a yellow cd or straight red liao!

haha...maybe lor...but let me tell you its because my vn wife loves me a lot...if a vn gal does not love you, she simply cannot be bothered with what you do....and REMEMBER.....once a vn gal is utterly disappointed with you, no matter what you do, she will leave you 4ever!!! (think got one bro mentioned b4 liao but anyway,,,refresher course for other who have not seen );)

Reaper
12-11-2008, 02:19 AM
nope, from HCM....haha...98% Vn girls are fierce what.....haha...:D

eeerrrr.....I beg to differ....I find that HCMC girls are more "accomodating" and "understanding" compared to Hanoi girls...At least through my own experiences as well as friends telling me stories.....

However, this is just my opinion......

casannova03
12-11-2008, 02:38 AM
eeerrrr.....I beg to differ....I find that HCMC girls are more "accomodating" and "understanding" compared to Hanoi girls...At least through my own experiences as well as friends telling me stories.....

However, this is just my opinion......

is it?? hmmmm, maybe i haven try the 'pho bo' from hanoi yet...so dunno the flavour....haha... thanks for offering the difference in opinion though....now you make me wanna find out more man!!! how?? must seek out hanoi con gai roi:p

jackbl
12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I also havent try the pho from hanoi yet, their language v hard to understand, if they say in saigon slang, i maybe understand 50%, if they speak hanoi slang, i understand 25%... :o :( vietnamese language v hard to learn

is it?? hmmmm, maybe i haven try the 'pho bo' from hanoi yet...so dunno the flavour....haha... thanks for offering the difference in opinion though....now you make me wanna find out more man!!! how?? must seek out hanoi con gai roi

v.killers
12-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Troi.. kg gian duoc kg? a di o ngoai kg duoc.. muon o quan ca phe thay nguoi lam..

Xin loi anh, em dang di hoc tieng viet, kg phai hay.. em suy nghi lo lang la make arrangement.. kg biet..

Troi.. 24 or 25th em kg ranh nhe.. even if I can, go there with you, you see your BX and nguoi yeu then I do what? em la ban gai cua anh, di HCMC thay anh co nhieu nhieu BX va nguoi yeu, em ghen nhieu nhieu.. anh muon lam tim cua em dau ha?

regards,
vlover

Troi oi troi.....em oi, a kg co gian e dau, dung suy nghi nhieu nhe...;)

Khi nao e la ban gai cua a? Xin loi e.....thi e la nguoi xau co ban trai nhieu nhieu, cung noi la nho a? a kg tin e lau roi....:rolleyes:

ok lah....try to make arrangement to go together so can have fun there! hehehe!

Cheers VK:)

v.killers
12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I din flame u :p i jus curious "lo lang" means what ... Yes, I applaud your hardworking spirit... too bad i cant add u again :D

You cant add him kg sao dau....but can poke his KC :D

v.killers
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM

Am sure many of the oldies here would have this experience.

sao a muon tl ? a co con gai nhieu nhieu roi ma e :D

Hurricane88
12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
haha...maybe lor...but let me tell you its because my vn wife loves me a lot...if a vn gal does not love you, she simply cannot be bothered with what you do....and REMEMBER.....once a vn gal is utterly disappointed with you, no matter what you do, she will leave you 4ever!!! (think got one bro mentioned b4 liao but anyway,,,refresher course for other who have not seen );)

Wah piang eh...play with fire and sure kena....lucky I retired liao....hahaha...:)