PDA

View Full Version : Tieng Viet lovers club

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60

jackbl
28-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Noo Phuoc thinh - Tim em trong ky uc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6UhWW0gvO8

jackbl
30-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Luggage loss nightmare haunts overseas Vietnamese as time to travel home nears

Having their luggage lost, damaged or stolen on their trips to Vietnam remains a grave concern for passengers, especially overseas Vietnamese or those studying abroad, who are set to return home for the upcoming Tet festival.
Besides these people’s joy of celebrating Vietnam’s Lunar New Year at home, there are worries about whether their baggage, mostly containing gifts bought overseas, could make it through the flights without being stolen or discreetly searched by airport staff, many readers have told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
The Lunar New Year falls on February 8 this year, with festive preparations and celebrations customarily going on one week before and after that date.
They have reason to worry: there were 1,346 cases of damaged luggage recorded at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City in the first nine months of this year, according to an airport report.
The security center at Tan Son Nhat also detected 15 cases in which ground service employees stole possessions from passengers’ baggage, eight cases where passengers stole one another’s luggage, and seven incidents in which people lost their mobile phones in public areas at the Ho Chi Minh City airdrome.
Nguyen Lam Vi, a Vietnamese student in the U.S., recounted her experience of losing some cosmetic gifts she bought for family and friends on a recent flight home.
“Upon claiming my baggage at Tan Son Nhat, I realized that the lock on my suitcase was broken, and several lipsticks and makeup powder boxes were gone,” she said.
Vi added she had been warned of baggage loss risks at the airport by her friends, but would never believe it until she faced the problem first-hand.
“Now I know service at Vietnamese airports are so bad,” she said.
“The lost gifts are not so valuable but the trouble still drove me mad.”
Nguyen Phuc Dat, an overseas Vietnamese residing in Australia, also had some presents stolen at Tan Son Nhat, as his luggage was cut and all the items were taken away.
“The thieves were so ‘meticulous’ that they even used tape to cover the cut after taking all of the gifts, as if they had been worried that my other items would fall off,” he mocked.
Vu Thi Hong Ngoc, a former teacher at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, said valuable gifts or assets are not the only to be at risk of being stolen.
“A cousin of mine once had a music CD and a piano coursebook stolen from her luggage,” she told Tuoi Tre on the phone.
“The luggage was cut open, and re-sealed with tape, and we did not know whom we should complain to.”
Ngoc added that there is no much hope contacting the lost and found office because “what you can do is leave your information there and go, as you cannot spend the whole day waiting for the result.”
The owner of a forwarding agent in Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, said the company’s consignments usually get lost when transported by air.
“We had to compensate customers as we did not have any evidence to lodge a complaint,” he said.
Ngoc said the repeated luggage loss will ruin the image of Vietnam in the eyes of overseas Vietnamese or international visitors.
“The lost assets may not be so precious but it is still an unpleasant experience for passengers, who may not return to Vietnam after such an impression,” she said.
Lawyer Huynh Phuoc Hiep, from the Ho Chi Minh City Bar Association, said there are few cases where passengers are able to figure out how and by whom their belongings were stolen, so they cannot claim any compensation or get their lost assets back.
“Passengers always want their baggage to be secured during their flights, so what matters is the airlines have to prevent such incidents from happening,” he told Tuoi Tre.
“Carriers should have their own solutions for determining why certain luggage is lost, and who is to be held responsible,” he said.

hoian
30-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Anyone experienced lost luggage? I guess it's best to avoid clashing with the Tet holidays.

KangTuo
30-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Luggage loss nightmare haunts overseas Vietnamese as time to travel home nears

My nightmare and worry as well.
Whenever I travel to hcm with my family, we always bring many luggages and boxes of gift.
Not only worry about luggage loss but also worry custom stop for kopi money. :mad:

This up coming trip, we will bring along a 42" TV

ml1138
30-12-2015, 06:51 PM
TS thanks for the valuable info....:p

bonkning
30-12-2015, 06:59 PM
mmm...mayb can consider travel insurance.
once my fren luggage was stolen at manchester. he managed to claim everything...and more...:D
but he paid premium insurance.

jackbl
01-01-2016, 11:28 AM
My Tam - Co gai den tu hom qua

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCuIwaVasI

jackbl
01-01-2016, 10:17 PM
My Tam - Chuyen nhu chua bat dau

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QzppntACVkM

jackbl
02-01-2016, 10:43 AM
My Tam - Tinh Que

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7LWqIwHoXz0

Wendella
02-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Here is one posting that I can only get parts of, curious to see what some here believe it means:

Đừng thấy có ms nới cũ �� thử nghỉ lại đi nha �� hồi xưa lúc kh có họ ai ở bên bạn vậy �� đời mà không thể tin ai ngoài bản thân mình �� kể cả gia đình ��

jackbl
02-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Đừng thấy có ms nới cũ �� thử nghỉ lại đi nha �� hồi xưa lúc kh có họ ai ở bên bạn vậy �� đời mà không thể tin ai ngoài bản thân mình �� kể cả gia đình ��

Are those square square also words or something else? Can you let know us know what's your interpretation first?

Wendella
02-01-2016, 08:23 PM
They were different kinds of emojis, the forum replaced them with those question marks. Some of those don't exist in this forum so I'll type description:

Đừng thấy có ms nới cũ (pic of fox? smiling) thử nghỉ lại đi nha ;) hồi xưa lúc kh có họ ai ở bên bạn vậy (hands clapping) đời mà không thể tin ai ngoài bản thân mình (fingers making "ok" sign) kể cả gia đình :(

FIrst part:
Stop see (MS, no idea what is that) (something) old

2nd part:
while in the past they did not have anyone in your party so (that's what google says) or else my first guess:
try to think of leaving to go home

3rd part:
a life where one can not trust anyone but oneself (slight change to what google says)

last part:
not even family (slight change to what google says)

this is my best guess, but usually I'm a good way off. ;)

jackbl
03-01-2016, 06:39 PM
My try:

Don't see new give up the old. Try to think back. In the past when don't have them, who's beside you? In life, cannot trust anyone except ownself, not even family.

(I used dictionary to translate each word)

jackbl
04-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Simplified baggage scan at Ho Chi Minh City airport reduces entry, exit time

Simpler baggage scanning procedures carried out at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City since November 16 have helped passengers save more time when leaving or entering Vietnam.
The airport has received much positive feedback from passengers since the implementation of the new procedures, said Le Tuan Binh, deputy head of the airport’s customs department.
According to the old policy, passengers entering or leaving the country were required to have their carry-on checked at the customs area and then proceed to another where a baggage scan was carried out by airport security guards.
The two procedures have been merged into one in the simplified progression, thus reducing the time it takes passengers to finish the security screening, Binh said.
In the new combined area, airport security guards and customs officers will simultaneously conduct the baggage scanning procedures and deal with any possible violation in accordance with their authority.
However, passengers who leave Vietnam for Australia would have to go through an extra scan by airport security guards after having their passports checked, in which officers will perform visual inspection and metal detection at the boarding gate as specifically required by Australian authorities, Binh said.
The new formalities are considered objective as requests for further inspection from customs officers as well as airport security guards are made under the observation of other units, he added.
During the first three weeks of the new scanning steps, officers from the airport security and customs offices have been cooperative and effective when doing their jobs, Binh told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
However, the area designated for the new procedures is rather small, which has been taken into consideration to be enlarged in the time to come, he said.
Airport officials will be present at the screening area to solve any emerging problems and phone operators will work around the clock to answer passengers’ questions about the new procedures, the deputy head asserted.

jackbl
05-01-2016, 08:42 AM
8 suspects detained for robbing bus passengers in southern Vietnam

Police in Ho Chi Minh City have announced that eight people of a gang had been held for allegedly robbing bus passengers, adding that they were accused of using violence to threaten the victims.
The eight are Nguyen Van Dang, 33, Vo Hoang Nhan, 32, Quach Hoang Trung, 27, Nguyen Huu Tam, 48, Nguyen Ngoc Dac, 57, Tran Van Liem, 42, Ho Thanh Hai, 38, and Nguyen Thi Hoang, 42.
Trung is a drug addict and was once convicted of disturbing public order, while Nhan’s criminal record includes theft and public order disturbance.
Police are hunting for the ninth suspect of the gang, 26-year-old Kim Chanh Tha.
The suspects claimed that they started their illegal operation in July and had committed 11 robbery cases besides those reported by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper last month.
The gang members are considered dangerous criminals, who used weapons and violence to threaten, rob and extort money from passengers, according to a police officer in charge of the case.
On November 9, N.T.K. and N.T.T.L., two female passengers from the southern province of Tien Giang, were tricked by Hoang into getting on a bus driven by Dang and carrying three other gang members, Nhan, Hoang and Trung.
The thugs then locked the bus and attacked L. in her face and stomach while using a knife to threaten K., forcing her to give them VND7 million (US$310.6), two cellphones and their accessories.
On November 12, the suspects resorted to a similar method to commit several other robberies, appropriating VND25 million ($1,109) from 62-year-old D.V.V., about VND7 million and a smartphone worth VND9 million ($399.4) from N.M.T. and L.T.N., before leaving them in the middle of nowhere with just a few pennies in their pockets.
In a more serious case, 24-year-old N.T.H. was hustled onto a bus steered by Tam that was expected to take her to the southern province of An Giang on July 23.
Besides overcharging the passenger, the thugs also intimidated her into giving them VND1.6 million ($71) and two golden rings, demanding from her family a ransom of VND10 million ($443.8) in order for the victim to be released.
The villains formed a team of nine robbers who are either junkies or have recently finished jail terms.
They used three passenger buses that appear outdated and ragged, often parked them around the Mien Tay (Western) Bus Station in Binh Tan District to pick up passengers illegally, and even expanded their activities to outlying Thu Duc District and District 12.
Their buses are numbered 53M-2817, 54S-6445, and 51B-05049, according to a Tuoi Tre probe.
They mainly targeted elderly, female and slightly-built passengers who would be unlikely to resist.

jackbl
05-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Fake bus operators trick, overcharge, threaten passengers in southern Vietnam

Two passenger transport companies in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau are asking competent authorities to probe a case in which several bogus bus operators are allegedly using their brand names to trick, overcharge and even threaten passengers.
Hoa Mai Tourism Service Company and Toan Thang Company, which are the two firms that offer transport services between Vung Tau and Ho Chi Minh City, have informed their passengers of the fake coaches that have been illegally leveraging their brand names.
Vung Tau is a famous beach city in Ba Ria-Vung Tau, about 120km from Ho Chi Minh City.
A recent Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper probe showed that the bogus vehicles often target the passengers near Mien Dong (Eastern) and Mien Tay (Western) Bus Station in Binh Thanh and Binh Tan District, and several stops along National Highway 1.
The fraudulent coaches also dupe passengers around the Gieng Nuoc intersection and on Le Van Loc Street in Vung Tau.
Their operators have copied the exact appearance of the buses operated by Hoa Mai and Toan Thang, including their brand names, paint colors, route indication as well as contact details.
Over 40 fake buses have been recorded in the two cities, according to Tuoi Tre newspaper reporters.
Many victims who were hustled onto the copycat buses were overcharged and treated in a rude manner if they asked any question or expressed any doubt.
The passengers only found out they were scammed after they contacted the operators of the two companies.
Many have also reported that the scammers used violence to threaten them when they refused to pay the exorbitant fare or denied their service.
“I was charged VND90,000 [US$4] for a trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau, which was VND10,000 [$0.44] higher than the actual fee, as one of the gang members said the company had increased the fare,” Tran Xuan Lanh, one of the victims, recounted.
The driver was extremely careless and usually scouted the stops for more passengers, Land said.
“As two passengers and I wanted to get off the bus, the impostors pulled out a metal club to intimidate and prevent us from leaving,” he added.
They only let Lanh and the others go when they spotted him trying to call police, followed by several threats that they would have their accomplice attack him.

“Hoa Mai Company has received multiple reports and complaints of passengers claiming that they were conned by the operators of the bogus buses and have submitted the reports to the Department of Transport in Vung Tau and Ho Chi Minh City,” Le Van Dao, general director of the company, told Tuoi Tre.
The firm has cooperated with competent authorities to deal with the situation for several times but no significant results have been yielded, Dao said.
Hoa Mai has tried to change the paint colors of its buses from blue to gray, along with informing their passengers of their correct license plate numbers, which begin with 72B, in an effort to prevent them from being scammed, the general director added.
There has been an increase in the number of the fraudulent buses in the last two months, said Tran Ngoc Khanh, director of Toan Thang Company.
The firm has sent several employees to take photos of the fake buses, many of whom were caught and violently forced to delete the evidence, deputy director Tran Ngoc Minh said.
The situation has been reported to Vung Tau police but has not showed any sign of improvement so far, he added.

webdust
05-01-2016, 03:04 PM
new boy here quite fascinated by the vietbu scene. However i notice their society like quite materialistic and complicated machiam like ah tiong like that... Anyone can shed some insight into their society in terms of social vice problem etc.? :o

jackbl
05-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Anyone can shed some insight into their society in terms of social vice problem etc.? :o

Try here : https://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=64297&page=1564

webdust
05-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Try here : https://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=64297&page=1564

korkor you quite well versed with vietbu scene one ah ?:o

jackbl
06-01-2016, 02:11 AM
korkor you quite well versed with vietbu scene one ah ?:o

Not at all. U may know to go that link to read more....

Wendella
06-01-2016, 10:23 AM
My try:

Don't see new give up the old. Try to think back. In the past when don't have them, who's beside you? In life, cannot trust anyone except ownself, not even family.

How confident are you about your translation? I was surprised no others took a try at it, as in previous translations.

THANKS

jackbl
06-01-2016, 06:26 PM
How confident are you about your translation? I was surprised no others took a try at it, as in previous translations.

Not confident. Maybe you wait for the others to reply.

Hurricane88
06-01-2016, 06:49 PM
My try:

My translation similar to yours with slight variation

Don't forget old ppl when u know new ppl. Who had been with u before. Don't believe anyone including ur family but urself

jackbl
07-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Tourism worker explains why foreign travelers find Vietnam trips disappointing

Editor’s note: Lani Nguyen, who has traversed 20 countries during her eight years of working in Vietnam’s tourism industry, writes to Tuoi Tre News from Italy, pointing out three drawbacks that she believes commonly make tourists dissatisfied with their trips in Vietnam.
Vietnamese tourism is facing a difficult time at the moment.
The main reason that many people have mentioned is that stealing and scamming destroy experiences of tourists in Vietnam. This is truly a big issue and Vietnam is trying to work on this, albeit quite slowly.
However, things need to be seen and analyzed from different perspectives – this approach is especially true in the case of debates on tourism, which is always known as multifaceted and complicated.
While there are many factors that can influence the satisfaction level a traveler has about a certain destination, they are mainly categorized into two groups, namely expectation and experience.
These factors give tourists a 50 percent chance of being responsible for their own experience at the destinations.
Having worked in the tourist industry in Vietnam for eight years, I have drawn out some of the common drawbacks which in many cases contribute to making tourists dissatisfied with their trips in the country.
Firstly, many tourists have unrealistic expectations and imagination of Vietnam.
A common unrealistic imagination is about the rate of development and changes in Vietnam. Some tourists are actually shocked to see skyscrapers and the rapid pace of life in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, instead of a “little Paris” or the “Pearl of the Orient,” ways these two cities were referred to by the French colonialists many years ago.
Vietnam is one of the world’s fastest-changing countries and consequently there are many contrasts existing here.
Doing research to get the most updated picture of Vietnam, understanding common tourist issues, and figuring out possible solutions are probably the best ways for tourists to maximize good traveling experiences.
The reality shows that tourists with unrealistic expectations tend to be disappointed, while those with realistic ones are happier with their journeys.
Secondly, many tourists whom I have met and talked to admitted that they have no plans before their trips to Vietnam.
They often do not book accommodations in advance and are thus easily convinced by people who propose a certain lodging place at a cheap price.
These tourists clearly have less decision-making capability due to little preparation and their experience then depends on pure luck.
When I travel within Vietnam, I always spend time searching for the right hostel or homestay service, and book it in advance after taking as much consideration as I want.
This practice always works. I can stay in the place I like and am never followed or convinced to spend money on something that I am not aware of.
I also do this when I travel to other countries and when you are sure about things, bad people have much less hope to cheat you.
Of course, I do not suggest making a too-much-detailed plan because it may make you less flexible as well.
Thirdly, many tourists do not have enough time to see the real beauty of Vietnam.
When working for a famous tour operator in Ho Chi Minh City, I received many requests from tourists who want to visit Vietnam within a week and want to visit Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Sa Pa, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, and probably also the Mekong Delta.
With such requests, many tourists end up rushing from one highlighted destination to another. During such trips, they will only meet other tourists with similar itineraries, rather than getting to know and understand local people and culture in these places.
Furthermore, with an itinerary that is only planned for popular attractions, tourists miss many off-the-beaten-track places where they surely have many more chances to enjoy the authentic beauty of Vietnam.
A foreign friend of mine has traveled along the Ho Chi Minh trail through the Central Highland to go from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi.
While he really enjoyed the trail with its primitive landscapes, it is the Vietnamese people he met on the way that made up the most beautiful impression of Vietnam in him.
The other day my friend had his motorbike break down in the middle of nowhere and was unable to move anymore. Fortunately, a Vietnamese man showed up and even though he could not speak a word of English, the local eventually tried his best to help my friend fix the motorbike.
As a travel blogger has put it, “Vietnam is a mirror,” I very much agree with such a remark.
Vietnam is where you receive what you give. If you give a smile, you will receive a smile in return.
If you give a 1650km-long country with 54 ethnic groups a week or ten days, it is no surprise if you only manage to see the tip of the iceberg.
The high risk, high return rule is also true when it comes to travels in Vietnam. The more you get out of your comfort zone, the more rewarding your experience is.
In conclusion, every place has good and bad things, and there are many factors that can influence traveling experiences.
However, it is also up to each traveler to choose what to expect, what to prepare and what to do, so that what they really experience will be the closest to what they have dreamed about.
In countries like Vietnam, well preparation beforehand and traveling with open minds do make lots of differences.

ml1138
07-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Tourism worker explains why foreign travelers find Vietnam trips disappointing

Editor’s note: Lani Nguyen, who has traversed 20 countries during her eight years of working in Vietnam’s tourism industry, writes to Tuoi Tre News from Italy, pointing out three drawbacks that she believes commonly make tourists dissatisfied with their trips in Vietnam.
Vietnamese tourism is facing a difficult time at the moment.
The main reason that many people have mentioned is that stealing and scamming destroy experiences of tourists in Vietnam. This is truly a big issue and Vietnam is trying to work on this, albeit quite slowly.
However, things need to be seen and analyzed from different perspectives – this approach is especially true in the case of debates on tourism, which is always known as multifaceted and complicated.
While there are many factors that can influence the satisfaction level a traveler has about a certain destination, they are mainly categorized into two groups, namely expectation and experience.
These factors give tourists a 50 percent chance of being responsible for their own experience at the destinations.
Having worked in the tourist industry in Vietnam for eight years, I have drawn out some of the common drawbacks which in many cases contribute to making tourists dissatisfied with their trips in the country.
Firstly, many tourists have unrealistic expectations and imagination of Vietnam.
A common unrealistic imagination is about the rate of development and changes in Vietnam. Some tourists are actually shocked to see skyscrapers and the rapid pace of life in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, instead of a “little Paris” or the “Pearl of the Orient,” ways these two cities were referred to by the French colonialists many years ago.
Vietnam is one of the world’s fastest-changing countries and consequently there are many contrasts existing here.
Doing research to get the most updated picture of Vietnam, understanding common tourist issues, and figuring out possible solutions are probably the best ways for tourists to maximize good traveling experiences.
The reality shows that tourists with unrealistic expectations tend to be disappointed, while those with realistic ones are happier with their journeys.
Secondly, many tourists whom I have met and talked to admitted that they have no plans before their trips to Vietnam.
They often do not book accommodations in advance and are thus easily convinced by people who propose a certain lodging place at a cheap price.
These tourists clearly have less decision-making capability due to little preparation and their experience then depends on pure luck.
When I travel within Vietnam, I always spend time searching for the right hostel or homestay service, and book it in advance after taking as much consideration as I want.
This practice always works. I can stay in the place I like and am never followed or convinced to spend money on something that I am not aware of.
I also do this when I travel to other countries and when you are sure about things, bad people have much less hope to cheat you.
Of course, I do not suggest making a too-much-detailed plan because it may make you less flexible as well.
Thirdly, many tourists do not have enough time to see the real beauty of Vietnam.
When working for a famous tour operator in Ho Chi Minh City, I received many requests from tourists who want to visit Vietnam within a week and want to visit Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Sa Pa, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, and probably also the Mekong Delta.
With such requests, many tourists end up rushing from one highlighted destination to another. During such trips, they will only meet other tourists with similar itineraries, rather than getting to know and understand local people and culture in these places.
Furthermore, with an itinerary that is only planned for popular attractions, tourists miss many off-the-beaten-track places where they surely have many more chances to enjoy the authentic beauty of Vietnam.
A foreign friend of mine has traveled along the Ho Chi Minh trail through the Central Highland to go from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi.
While he really enjoyed the trail with its primitive landscapes, it is the Vietnamese people he met on the way that made up the most beautiful impression of Vietnam in him.
The other day my friend had his motorbike break down in the middle of nowhere and was unable to move anymore. Fortunately, a Vietnamese man showed up and even though he could not speak a word of English, the local eventually tried his best to help my friend fix the motorbike.
As a travel blogger has put it, “Vietnam is a mirror,” I very much agree with such a remark.
Vietnam is where you receive what you give. If you give a smile, you will receive a smile in return.
If you give a 1650km-long country with 54 ethnic groups a week or ten days, it is no surprise if you only manage to see the tip of the iceberg.
The high risk, high return rule is also true when it comes to travels in Vietnam. The more you get out of your comfort zone, the more rewarding your experience is.
In conclusion, every place has good and bad things, and there are many factors that can influence traveling experiences.
However, it is also up to each traveler to choose what to expect, what to prepare and what to do, so that what they really experience will be the closest to what they have dreamed about.
In countries like Vietnam, well preparation beforehand and traveling with open minds do make lots of differences.

Thanks for the valuable information....:):p

Wendella
07-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Customs was a breeze re-entering Vietnam this time. They have scanners just like for security when entering and hardly bother checking anyone. For my flight that arrived early evening, I did not see anyone told to open bags.

I brought in 4 iphones (1 was my own that I use) and worried a little about it this time. I could have come in with a suitcase full of iphones. ;):D

Wendella
07-01-2016, 07:31 AM
My translation similar to yours with slight variation

Don't forget old ppl when u know new ppl. Who had been with u before. Don't believe anyone including ur family but urself

Looks like the key difference is whether old people (such as me) are good or bad. The ending seems clear, even I could get that one. Looks like her family did not do right by her.

jackbl
08-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Who is to blame for disappointing Vietnam trips?

When your trip to Vietnam ends up as an unsatisfying and disappointing journey, should you blame the country for its troubled tourism, or yourself for lacking adequate planning while having too many unrealistic expectations?
Lani Nguyen argued in a piece published earlier this week by Tuoi Tre News that travelers should blame themselves, provoking both for and against feedback from other readers.
Here are excerpts, edited for clarity purposes, from a few of the comments we have received.
MANUEL M.
I agree with the author about the rewarding experiences if you put more time and effort into your Vietnam trip.
I too have had the best experiences off the beaten track, and unlike many other visitors, I think Vietnam is still my favorite country in Southeast Asia. I'd gladly return any time with my experience.
But it can't be denied that in comparison with neighboring ASEAN countries, Vietnam has some grave issues in terms of scams and a lack of action on the part of tourism authorities.
Of course these issues need time to be resolved, but bear in mind that even Myanmar, which only opened itself a few years ago for mass tourism, already has a better reputation among tourists and backpackers.
CHUCK
The problem with tourism in Vietnam is not the tourist...
Yes, your first experience when you arrive at the airport are cheating taxis and bus drivers trying to scam as much money from tourists as possible. (Yeah that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.)
Ho Chi Minh City is full of tourist traps. But don't get me wrong – I love Vietnam, yet tourism is not one of its strengths.
You get everything, from meters not working on taxis to over the top pushy salespeople selling China’s low quality products (especially in Ben Thanh Market). If you are a tourist in the city, you pretty much have a big red bullseye on your back.
Vietnam is a welcoming country for the most part, but scams are one of the problems.
The others are that Vietnam is not a hub of technology and definitely not a place for luxuries.
Tourists visit the country to see and experience the history that does not get a terrible rendition of a top-tier luxury destination.
TUNG DANG
How about letting tourists walk safely through sidewalks without being run into by a bunch of mopeds?
It was nearly impossible to traverse the cities without mopeds running and honking behind you on the sidewalk as well as from all directions when crossing the street.
I could not even hold my wife's hand when walking.
And all of this occurs even though traffic cops are on every corner (Is that too hard to use traffic fine revenue to fix broken sidewalks?).
No wonder no tourist wants to come back, it is impossible to look at the scenery when you have to look in all directions just for safety.
Is it too hard to enforce traffic laws, educate locals on keeping order, or keep the streets clean?
If the country wants to improve tourism, just look at the environment in which these tourists have to go through first.
Clean that up and you'll have tourists give good ratings. Nevertheless, this may all be bad ideas for me, as I enjoy traveling when there're not too many tourists around.
JAKE
It is easy to blame the tourists, but it is impossible to change the tourists.
It is more useful to look at what can be changed inside Vietnam.
What really matters is that those same tourists will go to Thailand, Europe, Australia, and the Americas with the same mindset that they had in Vietnam and have a great time.
I think one of the biggest issues is the tour groups.
Vietnam's tourist industry is heavily geared towards putting people into tour groups and then trying to get as much money as they can from those groups without focusing on the quality of the tours.
There is a complete lack of innovation in the tour groups and no one seems to focus on quality.
The tour companies use the same techniques with foreigners as they do to Vietnamese, even though their cultural expectations about customer service and tourism are very different.
Ripping tourists off and trying to overcharge them for things are also a major issue that is not being adequately addressed.
When a tourist's very first experience with Vietnam is getting ripped off by a taxi driver at the airport, you can't expect that not to have an impact on their trip in Vietnam.

Wendella
08-01-2016, 07:07 AM
who is to blame for disappointing vietnam trips?

nobody -- everyone here is wonderful

jackbl
08-01-2016, 07:48 AM
TomMAffoldter of course. :D

U creating war zone here???

Wendella
08-01-2016, 07:54 AM
U creating war zone here???

Sorry, no, I just meant it as a joke, I think even he would laugh at that.

If you want I can delete it. I hear what you are saying.

Hurricane88
08-01-2016, 10:00 AM
deleted post

Moderator88
08-01-2016, 11:17 AM
TomMAffoldter of course. :D

Flaming to start another war with MC is bad karma la! Better do more charities in wetnam to build good karma!:)

Wendella
08-01-2016, 01:19 PM
you purposely spelled the wrong name or new nick you blaming...:)

Maybe it is misspelled, but not purposely, I was making my best try at remembering how to spell it.

Well, I edited my post to get rid of the problem, but it seems it has spread via the posts of a few others here.

To the possibly unintended offended party: that was meant as a joke that even you would giggle at.

Lokmachaudog
08-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Maybe it is misspelled, but not purposely, I was making my best try at remembering how to spell it.

Well, I edited my post to get rid of the problem, but it seems it has spread via the posts of a few others here.

To the possibly unintended offended party: that was meant as a joke that even you would giggle at.

Don't worry, mc will get personal !:D

jackbl
08-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Hay noi voi em
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XHTH_NdeH0

jackbl
09-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha - My baby
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiFcCmIaxA8

jackbl
10-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha- I Love You
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r9M06o2xCmI

jackbl
10-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - My baby
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hiFcCmIaxA8

Sorry. Repost for new video:

http://www.nhaccuatui.com/video/my-baby-engsub-kara-ho-ngoc-ha.E9mkBpZTjnmx4.html

jackbl
10-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha-What's love
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g08CBrzyHvE

jackbl
11-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha-Xoa ky uc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wCjCPW2JDBw

jackbl
11-01-2016, 08:32 PM
More tourism workers weigh in on how to avoid disappointing Vietnam trips

Editor’s note: Two readers with intense experiences with Vietnam’s tourism industry have written to Tuoi Tre News with differing feedback on the op-ed of Lani Nguyen, another tourism worker who believed the blame should not be put solely on Vietnam if someone has an unhappy trip there.
MARC BRUIJNS
I do not agree with Nguyen.
I am Dutch and I have worked in the tourism industry. For the past ten years, I have lived in Vietnam. In this period, my Vietnamese wife and I have traveled from north to south and west to east in this country. We have stayed in all levels of hotels and eaten in all kinds of restaurants.
However, sixty percent of those trips were as disappointing for my wife as they were for myself. It was not due to Vietnam the country, but to the people who are working in the hospitality industry and the people who see tourists as oranges that they can squeeze. This applies not only to foreign tourists, but also to Vietnamese holidaymakers.
Let me name some of the issues which have made our trips less than 100 percent nice ones:
- Hotel service staff have a poor command of English, as more than 80 percent only speak Vietnamese, and work because they have to, without a smile. They should say ‘hello’ or ‘good day,’ instead of waiting to hear it from their guests first.
- A lot of restaurants are overcharging diners. There are places where staff do nothing but pick their noses on the work floor, shout and play games with each other, putting fingers inside glasses, etc.
- When I buy a newspaper on the street and only speak English, I pay VND30,000; when I speak Vietnamese, VND 20,000; and when my wife buys it, only VND10,000.
These things irritate my wife too. For your information, we live and work in the south-central province of Binh Dinh, and have our noses down and not up. We’ve maintained many local friends for years.
While tourism is a very important industry for Vietnam, the country lacks a good tourism and hospitality education that teaches people how to be hospitable and service-minded. They should be aware that they are there for tourists and that the tourists are not for them.
Nevertheless, Vietnam still offers you a fabulous vacation with a clean, warm, service-minded smile.
ZOSIMO JIMENO
I am a Malaysian who has worked in tourism and hospitality in Vietnam for 13 years.
Upon reading Lani Nguyen's comments, I must say I agree with all three shortcomings from the tourist’s side that she mentioned in the post.
However, adding more examples to support her view would only sound like more ranting. It would be great if authorities took those drawbacks into consideration for future development.
Still, here are some of my own points in support of Nguyen.
Either this or that, but nothing in between
Do some research online for tours and you will find words laced with luxury and sentences that baffle the reader. This big divide in language capability also indicates the price points of these tours; one sounds like it demands a lifetime of savings, while the other might cost less than a round of golf at home.
Many people might not realize, but this makes first-time travelers believe that visiting Vietnam is only viable by either joining a group travel or going luxury.
Not every traveler wants to be a backpacker, and at the same time not every tourist wants to spend that much money for ‘wow-factor’ architecture or manicured resorts.
The solution: travel less that luxury, but not cheap either.
While it might be very challenging to travel all by yourself in Vietnam, be ready to move around on your own.
Why must I be in a vehicle?
​This begins a great debate. Where can one walk and absorb the vibes of local human activity when sidewalks do not belong to the pedestrians? Motorbikes have more rights than humans here.
Remember that many magazines, coffee table books and travel journals write about or feature images of crispy pancakes, sweet desserts etc., served from portable makeshift kitchens? You can't see that kind of daily life from a tourist bus or car. You need to walk the streets.
The expensive new Nguyen Hue Boulevard is not exactly showcasing the same thing, though buskers and performances do tell a lot about the aspirations of young Vietnamese.
More on the scam, perhaps?
Travelers, tourists or backpackers, alike, could get the feeling that they 'overpaid' their travel agent upon arrival to their tour or hotel, merely because these service providers hand out a big sign with a ridiculous discount on it.
Imagine paying $60 for a hotel room via the hotel’s online booking system months ago, only to find out the room cost half as much upon checking in.
Rate disparity is common as soon as low season arrives. These hotels don’t plan their low season prices while they wallow during the high season.
Some agents also have no clue about rate parity, and will sell at a higher price than the price of the actual operator that provides it.
Lots more but these will suffice for now.

jackbl
12-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Tim lai giac mo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3cZPjPyvug

Melissa2015
12-01-2016, 06:56 PM
Hi Jackbl,
where would be a good shop to select a wide range of Vietnamese CDs?
I am beginning to enjoy their music!
Thanks!

jackbl
12-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Hi Jackbl,
Thanks!

Sorry I have not buy any vietnamese CD before. Also long time no go into a music shop in singapore liao :D

Melissa2015
12-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Sorry I have not buy any vietnamese CD before. Also long time no go into a music shop in singapore liao :D

Thanks for replying.

ok, i subscribe to this thread.

jackbl
12-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Thanks for replying.

ok, i subscribe to this thread.

U can also help by posting any vn song you came across that has vn and English subtitles here. Thanks in advance.

jackbl
13-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Sao Ta Lang Im
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy8rnZBr4Y0

hoian
13-01-2016, 10:29 AM
There is a VN website that has all the latest VN songs. I saw some of my friends playing it. When I have time I go search for it...

Hi Jackbl,
Thanks!

ml1138
13-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Bros, my intends intend to go to Danang, what is the attraction over there and what is the precaution..thanks

jackbl
13-01-2016, 12:22 PM
what is the precaution..thanks

Anywhere in vn u also need to observe the same precautions. One of it is :

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1668920833368917&id=1585240868403581&_rdr

ml1138
13-01-2016, 01:52 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1668920833368917&id=1585240868403581&_rdr

thanks jackbi...:)

KangTuo
13-01-2016, 02:59 PM

I thought you dont have fb account and only surf sbf..
how come you quote fb link

Melissa2015
13-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Sao Ta Lang Im
[l]

Hi,
this song is so beautiful.
its lyrics so romantic.
had been listening over & over again.
thanks so much!

Melissa2015
13-01-2016, 03:08 PM
There is a VN website that has all the latest VN songs. I saw some of my friends playing it. When I have time I go search for it...

Hi,
thanks very much!

Hurricane88
13-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi,
this song is so beautiful.
its lyrics so romantic.
had been listening over & over again.
thanks so much!

here...you can listen to top Vietnamese songs

http://mp3.zing.vn/bang-xep-hang/bai-hat-Viet-Nam/IWZ9Z08I.html

Melissa2015
13-01-2016, 04:21 PM

Hi, i had opened link,

thanks very much.

VietnamMan
13-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Thank you for sharing.

jackbl
13-01-2016, 10:44 PM
I thought you dont have fb account and only surf sbf..
how come you quote fb link

This link is posted by someone in another SBF thread, I found it useful and informative so I shared here :)

jackbl
13-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Hi, i had opened link,

thanks very much.

If u came across any nice music in there, try to find that song with vietnamese and English subtitle in YouTube or somewhere. Post here to share with others ok. Thanks:)

jackbl
14-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Ben Bo Yeu Thuong
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzpbn-vDyoc

KangTuo
14-01-2016, 04:57 PM
If u came across any nice music in there, try to find that song with vietnamese and English subtitle in YouTube or somewhere. Post here to share with others ok. Thanks:)

my andriod phone web browser cannot view youtube plugin :(

jackbl
14-01-2016, 08:44 PM
my andriod phone web browser cannot view youtube plugin :(

Can copy the link and paste it in the YouTube apps and play....

Melissa2015
15-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Thanks very much to everyone who gave me the links.
i am beginning to like all things Vietnamese.
Earlier, I had Viet poh-piah, very nice.

wangzzz
15-01-2016, 08:33 AM

Sis,
Viet boyfriend?

KangTuo
15-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Can copy the link and paste it in the YouTube apps and play....

no link.. only blank post or "cannot load plug in" wording :(

jackbl
15-01-2016, 08:53 AM
no link.. only blank post or "cannot load plug in" wording :(

In my post, click on Quote. Then u will see the url of the YouTube. Copy it and paste it in the YouTube apps in your phone.

hoian
15-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Nice and cheap VN restaurant at Mrs Pho, 349 Beach Road. It's quite packed during peak hours. Their goi cuon (what u call "viet popiah") is very nice.

SPECTRE7000
15-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Nice and cheap VN restaurant at Mrs Pho, 349 Beach Road. It's quite packed during peak hours. Their goi cuon (what u call "viet popiah") is very nice.

May I date you for dinner?

jackbl
16-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Giac mo chi la giac mo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sNCTGDyTKwU

jackbl
16-01-2016, 10:48 PM
To enjoy trips to Vietnam, forget the bus and understand cultural difference: reader

Editor’s note: N.C. from the United States recommends that tourists stay away from touristy areas and public transportation, and tolerate cultural misunderstandings in order to have a positive experience when touring Vietnam.
I frequently recommend Vietnam to others because I had mostly positive experiences while touring the country.
I also caution that if they are going to see the country by bus or public transportation, the experience will likely not be that great.
My best experiences were the random encounters with locals, almost exclusively away from tourist areas, and the relationships that I developed while spending time in Da Nang in the central region.
Personally, I really disliked most of the main tourist areas, where the locals were much less warm and more obviously interested in my wallet.
It is understandable that when local people see hundreds of new tourists every week, they are not going to be interested in anything besides what the tourists have to offer.
I felt that Thailand was like this almost everywhere I went. The vibe I got from the Thais was, “Either buy what I'm selling or get out of the way.”
Thailand has been a major tourist destination for many years and it shows in the attitudes of many of the locals. I'm not sure what can be done to improve that.
As for Vietnam, not everyone can (or would want to) motorbike through the country.
Consequently, most tourists are going to be using public transportation, going to the same tourist destinations, being greeted by the same people who see hundreds of tourists a week getting off buses.
Sending busloads of tourists to less popular destinations would only breed the same attitude found in the main tourist areas, removing the warm, funny, curious attitudes that I loved in the random non-tourist places.
I also think one of the reasons for negative views about Vietnam is simple cultural misunderstanding.
When I buy a coconut for twice the price that a local person would pay, I am OK with that.
But when the vendor makes a joke to his neighbor and both are laughing at me, I might get angry that they are joking about how stupid I am.
It took me a while to realize that in general many Vietnamese make a lot of jokes; they flirt, and what we would call “bust each other's balls”. (i.e., when someone is joking with you)
So maybe that coconut vendor made a joke about how tall I am or about my facial hair, or maybe a joke about how he is a better salesman than his friend. Probably a joke I would have laughed at if I understood it.
But not understanding has people leaving comments about Vietnam like, “They will rip you off and laugh in your face while doing it.”
So maybe there is a way to let foreigners know that jokes and busting balls are part of the culture. It is usually good natured and should not be seen as locals laughing about how stupid, ugly or funny-looking you are.

pting
16-01-2016, 11:33 PM
Some basic Vietnamese sentence used recently in Vietnam.
Good for newbie to pick up FL but boring for old bird.
After adding girl zalo.

Me: Chao em (hello)

Her: a o dau (Where are you)

Me: A o Q8 trung son ( I am at Q8 trung son)

Her: E di khach ( I go hotel with customer)
Her: A di choi voi e k ( You come play with me ok? )

Me: e may tuoi (how old are you)

Her: E 22t ( i am 22 Year)

Me: Bao nhieu (How much)

Her: 300K

Me: Co hinh ko, muon xem mat e ( you have photo? i want see your face)

After send her photo with face
Her: A qua dg so 7 ks XX ( you come street number 7 hotel XX )

goo_ey
17-01-2016, 01:31 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Giac mo chi la giac mo

Bro, returned 12 goo_ey to you:D

jackbl
17-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Some basic Vietnamese sentence used recently in Vietnam.

Amazed by your knowledge to travel hcmc by bus :)

jackbl
17-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Giau anh vao noi nho
https://vimeo.com/130758554

pting
17-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Amazed by your knowledge to travel hcmc by bus :)

http://www.buyttphcm.com.vn/TTLT.aspx
This is the best bus guide i found, with a smart phone, internet connection and google map, it may not be so difficult to take bus.
Just select the bus number, it will show the route, google map show where the bus stop along that street.
Only problem is last bus end early in some place.

herotan
17-01-2016, 12:33 PM
cant be flipping 900 pages of posts in this thread here.

I find the abc pronunciation difficult since I so use to aeiou style. What is a good way to product viet correctly. For example on the first post, TS posted some example and how to pronounce them. Bao nhieu tien is pronounced as Bow New Ting. Very hard for me to relate nhieu as new or tien as ting.

jackbl
17-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Best way is the hard way. Learn to pronounce a â ă b c d đ e ê ......

jackbl
17-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Found another YouTube teaching Vietnamese video:

Learn Vietnamese Lesson 1: The Alphabet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjqKw9nGI10

Found this posting for u to start

jackbl
17-01-2016, 02:04 PM
There are many YouTube postings from page 847 onwards:

herotan
17-01-2016, 02:08 PM
There are many YouTube postings from page 847 onwards:

hahaha...thanks thanks.

recently back to JC. Spotted a few rare pretty ones.

jackbl
18-01-2016, 02:16 AM
Ho Ngoc Ha - Xin hay thu tha
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HcbfagpQZLQ

jackbl
18-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Thanh Thao - Neu minh gap lai
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rMgSt8rpe-A

jackbl
19-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Thanh Thao - Bac trang tinh doi
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TkRXf-QYRzs

FireShark
19-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Love this song so muchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_JJIJygYw

NhaTrang
19-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Love this song so muchhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM_JJIJygYw

Thank you for sharing my type of songs.

hoian
19-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Sorry I am not gay. But one of the VN gals working there is quite cute. Can try your luck. :)

May I date you for dinner?

jackbl
20-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Uoc mo ngot ngao
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ZCHnP2eqE

NhaTranh
20-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Nice songs :)

jackbl
20-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Tet Nguyen Dan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3wgpjzyLXNo

jackbl
21-01-2016, 08:12 AM
Lien khuc Xuan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l1CjF3ku50A

hoian
21-01-2016, 12:14 PM
This is a good link for learning tieng Viet. Bear in mind that it's northern accent.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/01202016
Nguc = chest
y tá = nurse
bệnh nhân = patient

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/09192015
Cái đồng hồ đeo tay thì không rẻ = The wrist watch is not cheap.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/09052015
tiếp viên hàng không - flight attendant
niềm nở - friendly

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08292015
người đứng đắn (dern2 dan2) – serious person.
Người phụ nữ nghiêm túc - the woman is serious.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08272015
thang máy2
Một cái thang máy đi lên1 và một cái đi xuống2
One elevator is going up, and one elevator is going down.
đông1 người – crowded

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08212015
Nó là cái xe ô tô hai cửa màu xanh.
It's a 2-door blue colored car.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08192015
Người bác sĩ và y tá đang chụp X-quang ngực cho bệnh nhân.
The doctor and nurse are taking chest x-rays for patients.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07212015
chụp x-quang - x-ray
y tá (ee-ta) - nurse
bệnh nhân (be nyan) - hospital patient
xương (swu-ong) - bone

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08182015
Nhiệt độ xuống dưới không độ.
Temperature is below 0 degree.

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08112015
Lo lang

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08092015
Nghe, phu nu, nghe nhac (listen to music)

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08082015
Dong ho deo tay

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08042015
Warm - ấm áp

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08022015
Days of the week

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/08012015
Oppose - phản đối

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07242015
kế hoạch

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07232015
cà vạt

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07222015
Skyscraper - tòa nhà chọc trời (tua nia chop choi)

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-vocabulary-lists/20-words-youll-need-for-the-beach
To The Beach

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07122015
Chicken

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07142015
Toan (math) and don gian

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/07182015
Brush teeth - đánh răng (den rang)
Small boy - cậu bé
Small girl - cô bé
Girls - bé gái
Home work - bài tập về nhà

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/01192016
tấm thảm = carpet

http://www.vietnamesepod101.com/vietnamese-phrases/01212016
nhà = house

FireShark
21-01-2016, 12:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGWzFQRnJUc

Another favourite song of mine

Wendella
21-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Translation time again. Hope I can get some help with this one.

This is from a website girl. I saw her pic last year in D8 at 1.5 million, now she's (assuming the pics are really her) in D3 and 500k.

I asked if I could see her picture.

She answered:

e 19t xjh gaj dt anh ak

I think I get that she's 19 and a beautiful girl, anh (hey, that's me!) and the ak is practically meaningless, right?

Not sure why she stuck the DT (phone) in there.

jackbl
21-01-2016, 09:12 PM
I also dunno what she wants to say :confused:

KangTuo
21-01-2016, 11:04 PM
xjh gaj dt = xinh gai de thuong

jackbl
21-01-2016, 11:23 PM

Like that can I say xinh gai dam tuc??? :D

blk437
22-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Think dam tac more likely. Lol

KangTuo
22-01-2016, 05:12 AM
xjh gaj dt = xinh gai du tao = beautiful girl, fxxk me

jackbl
22-01-2016, 11:12 AM
My Tam -Duong nhu ta da
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z38cygQHfP0

Wendella
22-01-2016, 04:38 PM

Ah I see, just a typical everyday ordinary beautiful girl. :rolleyes:

jackbl
22-01-2016, 11:42 PM
Expat recounts being robbed at lightning speed on Saigon Bridge

Editor’s note: Many expats will not know that the last month of the lunar year in Vietnam is usually the ‘prime time’ for robbers, thieves and other criminals, so it is highly recommended that everyone keep their defense up.
Peter Verheij, an expat married to a Vietnamese, was unlucky enough to fall prey to two necklace snatchers in Ho Chi Minh City last week, as he recounted in the following story sent to Tuoi Tre News.
I am living in Ho Chi Minh City and am married to a Vietnamese lady.
For years we had led a happy life in Vietnam, until the big disappointment came today, January 15.
I was with my son on our motorbike; two big adults were crossing the Saigon Bridge.
We then stopped for a while to take pictures of the beautiful skyline.
When we started the bike again, it happened, with my eyes wide open, under clear blue sky.
Two well-dressed men passed us on a motorbike, only to stop and turn around and pass us again on the bridge. They looked very closely at me and I felt a bit surprised to be surveyed; surely they had seen foreigners before?
But they whizzed past us - against the sparse traffic on the bridge.
My son and I pulled away and within seconds the same men passed me again from behind. This time the back passenger slipped his finger around my necklace, tore it of my neck and the two men hastily sped away.
My golden necklace was stolen in milliseconds, by highly skilled thieves who must have done this many times.
Given the accuracy of the robbery (I did not have a scratch!), the timing of the couple (exactly at the right moment of passing my bike), these were clearly very crafted Vietnamese thieves.
I am wondering why they can get away with this and the police have not caught them yet. These men were no starters; these were professional snatchers that acted for profit, not because of poverty. They must have done this many times over, and over, and over again, without getting caught.
Our disappointment is huge. My wife bought the necklace from her savings, and it was expensive (more than US$500).
More disappointing was our conclusion as well that there was no point in going to the police.
Where do you find English speaking police in this country? Or some equivalent of the Thai and Malaysian tourist police to whom you can lodge a complaint?
At least I would be part of the statistics on the number of robberies from foreigners in Vietnam.
For many years I have been reading your newspaper and could not stop wondering if it is really true what tourists and expats write about Vietnamese people doing bad things.
We always check taxi meters and pay a tip to the driver if he or she is polite. We do not get involved in scams as my wife only trusts her family.
Yes, we do know about the lack of service in the tourist sector, as we have traveled far and wide in this country.
The indifference and a lack of customer focus - yep we have experienced them as well. Just go to any supermarket or department store, you will meet with apathy and lackluster staff who do not seem to realize that paid employment is a privilege, and that customers pay for their salaries.
But after the incident today, I think that plain robbery should be added to the same row as bad taxi drivers alongside their scams and underperforming tourist services.
My thoughts are filled with an African proverb: "Every day is for the thief, but one day will be for the owner" and I hope the owner will strike without mercy on these bad apples.

pting
23-01-2016, 01:19 AM
Anyone enjoy drinking street coffee?
http://saigoneer.com/saigon-health/5993-the-dangers-of-saigon-street-coffee

jackbl
23-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Anyone enjoy drinking street coffee?
http://saigoneer.com/saigon-health/5993-the-dangers-of-saigon-street-coffee

Ohhhhhhhh..... Seems that all those rubbish came from China....

jackbl
23-01-2016, 09:45 PM
My Tam - My Friend
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ZgfAN5nE4

jackbl
24-01-2016, 09:25 AM
My Tam - Co gai den tu hom qua
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCCuIwaVasI

darerisk
24-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Not sure if it has been posted before.

just sharing my fav vietnam song

Nắm Lấy Tay Anh - Tuấn Hưng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8A3ULXgV3E

darerisk
24-01-2016, 09:46 AM
the first viet song in my life

Tình Yêu Màu Nắng - BigDaddy ft Đoàn Thúy Trang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXz7dOF1Z4

darerisk
24-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Tìm lại bầu trời - Tuấn Hưng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KVaKpl-s50

jackbl
24-01-2016, 11:08 AM
just sharing my fav vietnam song

Nắm Lấy Tay Anh - Tuấn Hưng

Video with viet + eng sub for easier understanding the meaning of the song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPaDzWTM-nI

jackbl
25-01-2016, 03:37 AM
the first viet song in my life

Tình Yêu Màu Nắng - BigDaddy ft Đoàn Thúy Trang

With viet+eng sub
http://youtu.be/Pjx3FuQkldo

jackbl
26-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Vietnam’s giant turtle in Hoan Kiem Lake dies

The legendary turtle of Hanoi’s Hoan Kiem Lake died on the afternoon of January 19, a source has told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
The turtle was found dead at around 4:30 pm by the staff who take care of the lake.
“After discovering the turtle’s floating body in the water, they immediately invited a biology professor, Ha Dinh Duc, and local authorities to the scene to discuss a solution together,” the source said.
Prof. Duc is a Vietnamese scientist who has spent years researching and tracking down information on the giant turtle in Hoan Kiem Lake (Lake of the Returned Sword).
Nguyen Duc Chung, chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee, also arrived at the scene to handle the incident.
“Firstly we will move the turtle to Ngoc Son Temple to preserve it. In the coming days, local authorities will discuss with scientists ways to perfectly preserve its body, including embalming,” he said.
On January 20, the People’s Committee announced its decision to move the turtle’s body to the Vietnam National Museum of Nature, a museum under the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
The turtle died due to old age as well as the current cold weather in Hanoi, local authorities said today.
The death of the legendary turtle will shock not only Hanoians but also Vietnamese people in general, as the creature had long been a symbol of the capital city, reflecting its culture and longstanding history.
The last time the turtle was spotted alive on the surface of the lake was on December 21 last year, newswire VnExpress reported.
As of 2011, the turtle’s body length was recorded at 185cm, weighing 169kg.
The turtle’s shell reached 100cm, while the length of its tail was 35cm.
Stories of the Hoan Kiem turtle began in the fifteenth century with Le Loi, who became an emperor of Vietnam and founder of the Le Dynasty.
The legend said that Le Loi had a magic sword given to him by Kim Qui (The Golden Turtle God) to repel the invading Chinese forces.
One day, not long after the Chinese had accepted Vietnam’s independence, Le Loi was out boating on a lake in Hanoi.

Suddenly a large turtle surfaced, took the sword from Le Loi, and dove back into the depths. Efforts were made to find both the sword and the turtle, but without success.
Le Loi then acknowledged the sword had gone back to the Golden Turtle God and renamed the lake Hoan Kiem Lake (Lake of the Returned Sword).
The turtle is affectionately known as “Cụ Rùa,” meaning “great grandfather turtle” in Vietnamese.
Hoan Kiem Lake is also known as Guom Lake (Sword Lake).

jackbl
26-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Comedy - vietnamese and Chinese subtitles

http://youtu.be/d-4KOO27Zj4

jackbl
26-01-2016, 11:10 PM

http://youtu.be/KI7TAjtRWmA

jackbl
27-01-2016, 05:55 AM

http://youtu.be/Qa1SsnWlFjw

FireShark
27-01-2016, 12:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClobAc8yNBE

FireShark
27-01-2016, 12:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTCazESz3qg

jackbl
27-01-2016, 08:15 PM

http://youtu.be/ciHIhmmhWAI

jackbl
28-01-2016, 08:02 AM

http://youtu.be/xZ7SbfYoqVk

jackbl
28-01-2016, 08:29 PM

http://youtu.be/nb1JqcgQt6I

jackbl
29-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Comedy - vietnamese and chinese subtitles

http://youtu.be/cm9W8lJHLes

jackbl
29-01-2016, 12:55 PM

http://youtu.be/SeGqcnqFl0k

jackbl
29-01-2016, 08:26 PM

http://youtu.be/jDiwvqYmLhc

jackbl
30-01-2016, 06:27 AM

http://youtu.be/MkyG2nFQZUA

jackbl
30-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

2015- chapter 1
http://youtu.be/BxfvNIoXxaM

jackbl
30-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

2015- chapter 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwGEGwDk4s

jackbl
31-01-2016, 01:41 AM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

chapter 3
http://youtu.be/cOERoEYFGb4

jackbl
31-01-2016, 11:09 AM
Staying in Vietnam for Tet? Here are our recommendations for expats

As the Vietnamese Lunar New Year approaches, local tour operators have begun offering a number of activities in the hope of providing foreign tourists, as well as expats, with local experiences during the country’s biggest national holiday.
The Lunar New Year, which Vietnamese people call ‘Tet,’ falls on February 8 this year.
Deluxe Tours Group in collaboration with Vietnam Is Awesome will have one-day tours to the southern province of Vinh Long from February 8 to 15 (the first through eighth days of the lunar calendar’s first month).
On the tour titled “Cai Be – Vinh Long 1 Day,” tourists will boat on the Cai Be River, visit local house boats, and enjoy tea and traditional Vietnamese jams while chatting with local people about the Tet holiday.
Participants will also have the opportunity to visit the local bakeries that produce ‘com’ (pop rice – a favored junk food in southern Vietnam) and ‘banh trang’ (rice paper). During the visit, they will not only see how the dishes are made, but also sample the final product.
An experienced guide will then take visitors across the Mekong River to witness local fishing and hear stories of daily life in the region.
Visitors will join a local family to experience traditional Tet holiday customs like offering lucky money to children and walking along the village to watch the Lunar New Year celebration.
At the end of the trip, participants will visit Tien Chau Pagoda in Vinh Long to experience ‘hai loc’ (collecting young buds to wish for luck in the new year).

Saigontourist, another tour operator, will also continue to offer its traditional Tet tours. As usual, the company gives many options to tourists who want to experience the holiday the way the Vietnamese do.
According to the organizer, the half-day “Tet with Saigonese” tour will bring tourists a chance to indulge themselves in the festive atmosphere of Ho Chi Minh City during Tet while visiting the flower fair it Tao Dan Cultural Park.
They will join with local people to pray for good luck and happiness at Xa Loi Pagoda (or Giac Lam Pagoda, Lang Ong Temple) and Thien Hau Temple, then take a cyclo ride around an area laden with Chinese and witness different traditions such as unicorn dance, traditional games, and more.
Participants will then come to local homes to continue Tet festivities by being greeted with the happy wish “Chuc Mung Nam Moi”(Happy New Year), offered traditional dishes, and invited to join games with the family members.
The tour will run from February 8 to 11 (the first to fourth days of the Lunar New Year).
Meanwhile, the full-day tour “Tet in the Mekong Delta” will give visitors a full-day excursion to My Tho, a peaceful town on the bank of the Mekong River, 75km south of Ho Chi Minh City, to explore Thoi Son Islet, Vinh Trang Pagoda and experience the daily life of the locals.
The tour features a stroll through the season’s flower fair, a cruise on the Mekong River, a visit to the watermelon market, a stop at a local home living on floriculture, a traditional lunch with the locals, and a cooking practice session of ‘banh tet’ (a kind of country cake made of sticky rice and green peas).
Tourists are required not to wear shorts or sleeveless shirts in pagodas or local homes during the tours.
For those who enjoy trying local eats, the “Traditional Meal” tour of Saigon Hotpot should be considered.
Tour goers will have the chance to learn how to cook and enjoy Vietnamese traditional meals hosted in locals’ houses, as well as get to know Vietnamese food and family culture after being taken to a local market.
A “Traditional Meal” tour is offered for a group of more than 10, and can be rearranged according to tourists’ plans.
During the Tet holiday, the tour can offer more Vietnamese Tet holiday’s traditional foods at tour goers’ request.

To many Vietnamese people, Tet is a time to enjoy delicious foods, so why should expats not enjoy the traditional food for themselves?
The Time Bistro Restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 1 is planning to offer a free buffet to about 20 expats and foreigners who want to experience special Vietnamese food for Tet.
According to the event’s organizers, the menu will include dishes like spicy mayo prawns, pomelo salad, fresh clam soup with dill, ginger poached chicken with rice and sweet melon soup.
Special Tet dishes will include ‘banh tet,’ ‘dua muoi’ (pickled vegetables), ‘cu kieu’ (pickled leek) and ‘tom kho’ (dried shrimp).
The event is scheduled to take place at the restaurant at 44 Nguyen Hue Street at 11:00 am on February 5.
Advanced registration to get the restaurant’s confirmation on attendance is required.

jackbl
31-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Comedy - vietnamese sub
Chapter 4
http://youtu.be/FbuzR71wcek

jackbl
01-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

Chapter 5

http://youtu.be/itszTLkhtI0

jackbl
01-02-2016, 05:45 PM
20 years: The changing face of Vietnam’s Tet holiday

While Tet, or the Vietnamese Lunar New Year, retains its significance among local people, a global market research consultancy has discovered changes in the way the holiday is celebrated when compared to twenty years ago.
The Lunar New Year falls on February 8, but Vietnamese started preparing for the country’s biggest holiday months in advance.
Ninety-three percent of respondents in TNS’s Consumer Pulse study released on January 29 said that “Tet is a time to pay respects to ancestors,” indicating that the event “still carries a lot of traditional and family significance for Vietnamese.”
The quarterly survey, the first of its kind to be conducted this year by TNS, discovered that Tet traditions are also still widely practiced, with 93 percent reporting that they clean up the house before the Lunar New Year.
The same percentage also try to ensure the first day of the new year is perfect, since they believe it will determine one’s luck for the whole year, according to the report.
Visiting pagodas is also considered an important event, and so is visiting one’s hometown.
The report noted, however, that Tet holiday has changed over the years, especially compared to two decades ago, when TNS was founded.
Among the differences is food preparation, according to the study.
While in the past people prepared most of the traditional foods themselves, today, most Tet treats, including banh chung and banh tet, are more likely to be purchased due to people’s increasingly busy lifestyle and a desire to enjoy more of the holiday, the survey finds.
Banh chung and banh tet are traditional Vietnamese rice cakes made for Tet, and are considered indispensable delicacies of the holiday.
Another reported difference is that while in 1996 nearly all businesses closed while people enjoyed family reunions at home, many shops today remain open while family and friends gather.
There is also evidence to suggest that the feelings and traditional significance of the holiday are changing, according to TNS.
“In our study 33 percent said they feel tired of cooking and preparing so much food, or drinking too much during the holiday,” the report says.
“Additionally, 32 percent of respondents felt that ‘Tet is no longer an important occasion’.”
Providing further evidence, survey respondents were asked about whether they should be home, or go out to enjoy Tet.
Thirty-four percent of those polled said they agreed that they need to be at home during Tet, while 39 percent said they should go out to enjoy the Tet spirit.
Traveling for pleasure is indeed a strong desire amongst Vietnamese, according to the survey.
Amongst destinations, central Vietnam and the resort city of Nha Trang in the south-central province of Khanh Hoa are the most desired, followed by Da Lat in the Central Highlands, the central city of Da Nang, and Sa Pa, a famed tourist town in the mountainous northern province of Lao Cai.
In the meantime, one in four Vietnamese wants to travel overseas, where Thailand, Singapore, and Japan are among the most desired destinations.
However, even the top “out-of-home activities” remain family focused such as family gatherings, visiting relatives, or meeting friends, according to the report.
“While things may be changing, today Tet still remains a highly family focused and traditional holiday,” it concludes.
The Consumer Pulse study, focusing on consumer spending patterns, consumer confidence, and lifestyle and attitudes, is done quarterly within Vietnam.
It surveys respondents in both Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi to discover their feelings and outlooks toward the Vietnamese economy.
With Tet falling within the first quarter, the latest Consumer Pulse survey also featured several questions to better understand how Vietnamese are planning to spend for the holiday.
Fifty-seven of the consumers polled say they will spend VND5.5 million (US$246) to VND15 million ($670) for themselves and the household, mostly on food, clothing, and home improvements, in preparation for Tet.
The study also revealed that Vietnam’s consumer confidence is at its highest level since 2008, topping 90 percent in 2016, a rebound from the 2012-2014 slump and a great improvement from 2015.
TNS is part of Kantar, the data investment management division of WPP and one of the world's largest insight, information and consultancy groups.

jackbl
02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

Episode 28-33
http://youtu.be/4Um3AN9ygOM

jackbl
03-02-2016, 05:56 AM
Comedy - vietnamese sub

Episode 34-40
http://youtu.be/0zlb2No2PT4

jackbl
03-02-2016, 11:44 PM
What does Vietnamese Tet mean to expats?

Expats living in Vietnam share stories and memories from past Vietnamese Lunar New Years with Tuoi Tre News.
Vietnamese people call the Lunar New Year ‘Tet, which falls on February 8 this year.
Festive preparations and the celebratory atmosphere customarily linger for one week before and after that date.
One expat called it a time for family reunion while others said Tet is the only time to see Ho Chi Minh City so quiet, calm, and peaceful.
Meanwhile, several expats said they typically choose Tet as a time to leave the country as such a long vacation is hard to come by during the working year. Others say they opt to leave the country as most shops and restaurants are closed during the holiday.
How about you?

Tet is a holiday for families
I was fortunate enough to have experienced the Lunar New Year for the past seven years, but it wasn't until I had my own family here in Vietnam that I fully enjoyed Tet.
I think Tet is a great holiday for families to get together and have fun. Families are often busy working or studying in different places at different times so they don't normally have the opportunity to be together. During Tet, they have the opportunity to travel, have fun and excitement, eat dinner together and do the things that bring more happiness and joy to everyone’s lives.
Before being married I would usually spend time at home or at the movies alone. I always remember Saigon being very quiet since most people had returned to their hometown. Now, being married to an extraordinary Vietnamese wife and having a beautiful multi-cultural child, I can fully experience and enjoy the Tet holiday. I usually visit my wife's family and relatives in her hometown, give lucky money, and catch up with the latest news going on in their lives.
One of my best memories from Tet in Vietnam was when my daughter was able to meet her great grandmother. Having her and three other generations of females (her mother, grandmother, and great grandmother), as well as her numerous aunts and uncles all together, puts the importance of family ties into perspective.
I absolutely love the family atmosphere during Tet. During the year everyone is usually busy working and studying, so they might forget or lose focus on what they are working or studying for – usually to better themselves and at the same time to better their family situation. Tet gives everyone the opportunity to remember the importance of family and to remember to help others – especially those not as fortunate as you.
This Tet holiday, we will naturally go to my wife's hometown of Vung Tau for several days, hopefully go to the beach, meet and greet her relatives, and enjoy doing things together. My wife and daughter may return to Saigon a few days early and do something quiet, but fun and exciting together.
My workplace puts up decorations and celebrates the occasion since Tet is such an important holiday! Prior to the holiday, there is a huge party to celebrate the significance of the vacation. Everyone is usually excited to see the performances and be together with their "working" family members.
Homer Samaroo from the U.S.

ABBA's Happy New Year is everywhere
Last year I had just moved to Saigon and was looking for work but found it difficult right before Tet, so I decided to treat myself to some time on the coast in Mui Ne.
I really enjoyed the place at that time of the year. I've been back there two more times since, but during Tet was the most fun. There were plenty of other Vietnamese people and expats there. It had a real buzz.
While the celebrations in Mui Ne were quite small, they were fantastic. I think the big celebrations were in Phan Thiet City, but we enjoyed a bonfire on the beach at a popular night club/bar and we could see the fireworks in the distance. The bar had a traditional show with a lion dance which was a nice surprise.

I noticed many places had lucky money envelopes hanging from the trees and I recall not being able to escape ABBA's Happy New Year song. It seemed to follow me everywhere I went!
I also tried coconut sticky rice wrapped in banana leaves, I think it was square shaped as a pyramid. At the time, the weather in Mui Ne was great also.
About a week before Tet, in Ho Chi Minh City, a stranger (a Vietnamese film director, actually) invited me and my mate to his place for a feast, but of course we went to Mui Ne so we couldn't attend, though we definitely appreciated the lovely gesture.
This year, I'm going to Laos. I use the time during Tet to travel because I work very hard during the year and I see Ho Chi Minh City every day. All my friends do the same. We don't get many days off during the year so when we do, we travel.
Craig Nock from Australia

Empty and calm Saigon
I was in Vietnam during last year’s Tet holiday with my parents. We spent time walking on Ham Nghi Street to see the flowers before travelling to Hanoi.
I remember it was a special atmosphere. People looked relaxed in an empty and calm Saigon with less traffic. I really liked apricot blossom trees. In Hanoi during that time, every house was full of grandparents, parents, and children. People gathered for lunch and dinner and they all looked very happy.
I heard that some foreigners don’t like to stay in Vietnam for Tet because it’s too peaceful for them. It’s also the only time of the year that all the Vietnamese people are travelling so it’s very crowded in Hoi An, Hanoi, Nha Trang, and Vung Tau. That might be why some foreigners prefer going abroad during Tet.
I would recommend foreigners to stay in Vietnam for Tet at least once to enjoy the holiday and choose a different time to visit another country.
Raphael from France

Annual leave
I have never experienced the Tet holiday in Vietnam. I mean, I always go abroad for the celebration. I guess it's because I get days off from the office and I take it as a chance to travel abroad or go back to my own country.

For my first Tet holiday, I visited Cambodia. The second one, as well as this year, I went back to Indonesia. As usual, Tet is the best time to get my annual leave.
Siti Harajoh from Indonesia

Reunions and renewals
When I first thought about Tet, I didn't think it had a lot to do with me. But on reflection I realize that I have unconsciously started to take part in what I understand it to be all about - reunions and renewals.
Twelve months ago I went to the flower festival in Tao Dan Park. When I first saw the hoardings go up, I was worried that they were going to build on the park but thankfully I was wrong. There are so many exhibitions of flowers, fruits, bonsai, and even butterflies. It seems that Vietnamese people love taking photographs and there must be millions taken on those few days! I will certainly be visiting again this year.
After the flower festival, I will go back to Singapore to join my family. There are 2 days of public holidays there and we are planning to do some activities together. These will include a large buffet dinner with cousins, in-laws, and many more somewhere on New Year's Eve as a celebration of getting back together. We are also regularly invited to the house of our Chinese friends on the 2nd day of the New Year. We have to remember to take 2 oranges and some ang pau (red packets) filled with money for the unmarried children and little ones. It is so much easier than Christmas because there is no need to choose who gets what gift!

The other days, while my office is closed, I will catch up with all the things I need to do around the house - the renewal side of the festival - and one evening there will be a reunion dinner with some friends who I started playing squash (a racquet game) with over 20 years ago. Everyone who has played over the years gets back together for one evening and we reminisce about the days when were younger. Some of them are still playing in their early seventies! I feel very honored as I am the only European amongst the group - it's always a Chinese restaurant and I have no idea what I am eating because one of our members is a connoisseur and insists on speaking with the chef and deciding what to have with him rather than use a menu. What I do know is that it is always delicious and I leave full and bursting having eaten and drunk too much!
My colleagues are very much of the opinion that it is very quiet in Vietnam during Tet. One of the first things they told me when I arrived in Vietnam was, "Don't get stuck here for Tet, everything is closed!" I am sorry to say I have not questioned it and generally book my flights a few months in advance to make sure I can get a reservation. Maybe I should try spending the festival here one year.
Also, a week off is certainly a good opportunity to travel and it is less convenient for people to come here if their home country does not have such a long holiday. Then again, for those people that remain here, there is a lot less traffic to contend with.
Richard Day from England

jackbl
04-02-2016, 07:18 AM
Trung Quan - Trot Yeu

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XYc4Fh96b5A

jackbl
04-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Trung Quan - Chua Bao Gio

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvl_ZLL6zY

jackbl
05-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Trung Quan - Dau Mua

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6isjhPPSeQ

VietnamMen
05-02-2016, 07:47 AM

Thank you for sharing

jackbl
05-02-2016, 02:35 PM
Trung Quan - Goi Mua

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l92ekhxJYRE

jackbl
06-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Trung Quan - Chieu nay Khong co mua bay

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWqs5bnniw

jackbl
06-02-2016, 04:56 PM
New year is coming. Wishing everyone a better year!!!!

Simple 4-words greeting:

chúc mừng năm mới
năm mới vui vẻ
cung chúc tân xuân
chúc mừng tân niên
phát tài phát lộc
Cung hỉ phát tài
Tiền vô như nước
Luôn luôn thành công
Mã đáo thành công
Vạn sự như ý

Do you have other 4-words greetings to add in???

jackbl
07-02-2016, 07:46 AM
New year is coming. Wishing everyone a better year!!!!

Simple 4-words greeting:

chúc mừng năm mới
năm mới vui vẻ
cung chúc tân xuân
chúc mừng tân niên
phát tài phát lộc
Cung hỉ phát tài
Tiền vô như nước
Luôn luôn thành công
Mã đáo thành công
Vạn sự như ý

Do you have other 4-words greetings to add in???

dồi dào sức khỏe
an khang thịnh vượng

jackbl
07-02-2016, 09:22 AM
This up coming trip, we will bring along a 42" TV

Did u experience any difficulty passing through the vn customs ?

jackbl
07-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Happy New Year (vietnamese version)

http://youtu.be/HC8e1xR9mjo

jackbl
07-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Best wishes for Lunar New Year in Vietnam

It’s the time when lucky envelopes sell faster in the shops than cheap helmets and the latest ‘must have’ votive paper product to burn for good luck is a Galaxy 8.7 smartphone. This is when my students are tired, not from doing homework, but selling mum’s vegetables all day for that extra money for new clothes and gifts for relatives. The cake gift packs crowd shop entrances so badly that you have to move sideways to squeeze inside and your local coffee shop closes for a week.
Yep – Tet, or the Lunar New Year, is coming! I marvel at the jammed parking lot tricks with which people manage to get their motorbikes in and out without a scratch while hauling so much stuff home that the roads start to resemble mobile Christmas trees on an annual migration to a warmer climate. Have you taken the bronze Buddha to the guy down the road polishing them up on the pavement next to the Mi Quang stall?
Traffic continues to be manic, people rushing everywhere for those end-of-year company parties and one of the best opportunities of the year to meet the love of their life! The main topic in my class break time for the adults is what to do with their bonuses. There’s a lot of scheming going on – figuring a plausible excuse to escape the family after the first four days of Tet for that much needed holiday somewhere with friends.
In my little street, the three young adults still studying far away at university in Hue and Ho Chi Minh City come home to help their parents with the farming and meet their local friends, long missed. Four other families will travel far, to the Mekong Delta and the north. My best friends in Hoi An, Hong and Kien, and their kids will spend a week with their families back in Hanoi. Three days with the husband’s family and then the wife’s relatives.
For the expats who are not leaving the country around this time, it’s a time to ‘hole up’, to stay home and get a break from Vietnam’s frantic pace, watch the sport from their home countries and savor the beach weather. The expats seem to fall into two groups: those that love Tet and those who loathe everything – the noise, the crowds, the music, the drinking and anything else that annoys them. It seems odd to me how we can complain about the Vietnamese celebrating their New Year when we’ve done the same just a few weeks before!
Whatever’s going on, the main point still rests with Vietnamese culture’s focus on the family. Tet marks Vietnamese family values we sometimes neglect in our Western version of New Year. As families come together again for the Lunar New Year, often after a long absence, it’s a time for all to enjoy the simpler things in life. Family meals, holidays together, catching up with relatives (and catching up on sleep!), gift-giving and reflecting on the past year become the theme.
This year, instead of watching the fireworks or spending two hours after that trying to find your motorbike parked in endless rows – take a quiet walk around your neighborhood with the dog around 7:00 pm when the air is cooler.
To see people sitting on the floor in a brightly lit living room chatting away with a huge fruit tree blocking the main door and the un-naturally large sunflowers cheerily contrasting the lantern lights and festive atmosphere is a great tonic for a bad mood or feeling of bah-hum-bug.
Grandparents murder the TV remote channel surfing while babies fumble on tiled floors for candy. Teenagers spend hours chatting outside the house gate with friends under the watchful eye of mum under the shadows of the street trees. Male neighbors set up a drinking and card table outside to take advantage of the night air. The dogs as usual simply sleep in the middle of the street copying the traffic manners of their owners. As strange as it can look to a Westerner’s eye, it does somehow resemble the bubbly, friendly neighborhoods depicted in the American movies of the 1940s and 1950s – wholesome, warm and no one is a stranger.
Tet or however you celebrate another lucky year of existence seems to me to hold that feeling of love and closeness that we all yearn for at some time. No matter where you celebrate it: in the traffic madness of Ho Chi Minh City, the serene beach views of central Vietnam or the rugged, spectacular mountains of the north or in the comfort of an expat bar, it’s still the same.
It’s the idea that we, whoever we are, have survived another year on this planet; that we share our love and warmth with others and confirm our resolve to do things and be better people next year. And no matter who and what you are, there’s always the hope of another chance to try for your dreams in the coming year.
I wish the staff of Tuoi Tre News, all our readers, my friends and the people that I choose to care about the best of love, luck, happiness and health in 2016.
CHUC MUNG NAM MOI (HAPPY NEW YEAR)!

jackbl
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
For expats: Travel safe at Tet in Vietnam, sort of...

A long time ago my mum sagely advised me to expect traveling to be full of mix-ups, foul-ups and stuff-ups. While we all love Tet – it’s also a crazy, fabulous and hazardous time in Vietnam.
If you’re experienced, understanding that trouble sometimes accompanies a trip is part and parcel of the map that Google doesn’t document. For those still in love with the pictures in the brochure and TripAdvisor’s marketing hype, the shock that the world according to you isn’t going to be the plan you scribbled at the coffee shop while surfing the net is educational.
Most of us not from the mid-west of America and planning to vote for Trump have enough acumen to be wary of a few things during this time: Taxi Nazi’s, cafés that should be condemned for destruction, hotel receptionists with culturally challenged manners, begging shopkeepers who follow you down the street, promotional girls who shove pamphlets in your face as you’re avoiding motorbikes and, of course, that tiny travel agency still using Windows XP while screaming at the kids in the back of the shop.
That still leaves plenty of room for danger, rip-offs, bad judgment and a host of life lessons that need a bit of thought to avoid.
Buses also worry me. The whole nation is on the move over this week and you need to avoid the kamikaze drivers. These are often identified by the kid hanging out of the open door grabbing parcels from passing motorbikes on multi-lane highways – just take a photo discretely for your memoirs. Sit right up the back and demand to be re-seated if the woman next to you is wearing a motorbike helmet.
You can also spot the ‘final destination’ buses by the huge argument between the staff, passengers and last minute delivery guy while packing cartons in the storage bay as bemused tour guides stare intently at tour schedules praying no one asks him to get involved. Advice: turn on your heel and tell the travel agent that your mum rang from France and there’s a last minute change of plan.
As you wearily step off the bus and the true horror of the hotel confronts you, ask the nearest couple waiting on a motorbike for a 15 dollar a night hostel. If you’re in a part of town that isn’t a tourist district, tell the taxi driver you need to get to a hospital quickly and might throw up if he doesn’t hurry. This achieves two goals – he’ll be afraid to rip you off and along the way you have a second chance to look for something decent.
Late night gigs – you’ve done the day’s touring and want to tell someone. A bar, of course, is the perfect place. Two things to check – how far is it from your hotel and is it sleazy? Being drunk at midnight, unaware of your surroundings and blowing money is a dopey way to become a target.
Even when you are in a group, try to remember that booze (and other stuff) can make even ISIS seem like friendly people. Xe om (motorbike taxi) guys wearing sunglasses at 1:00 am do not have taxi meters and definitely don’t have the correct change.
Rule: if you wouldn’t do it back home – don’t do it here. Good habits help. Check out places in the early evening or afternoon within walking distance of your hotel. Expat bars are recommended, we need the money.
Traffic: I could write a book about crossing the road here if I had the time, however riding around on a motorbike is almost unavoidable. If you have the dough, take a taxi, even if it’s a rip-off it’s still safer than old Mr. Vien’s Honda cub. Renting a motorbike? Demand a decent helmet – wearing a pink Hello Kitty eggshell says more about you than the motorbike shop. Make sure you wear covered shoes too; even if it’s 40 in the shade, it’s more comfortable than having a prosthesis.
If you’re reading this article now with trembling fingers, don’t worry. Tet is a glorious festival of life with one of the best atmospheres I’ve ever encountered in Asia. If you can get past the hustle and bustle, the noise and short-sighted commercialism, you’ll discover the people – funny, tough, living life full on and willing to learn about us.
So be smart, be safe and have a Happy New Year. Chuc Mung Nam Moi (Happy New Year)!

jackbl
08-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Monkeying around this Lunar New Year in Vietnam

Tet 2016 marks the beginning of ‘Binh Than’ or Year of the Monkey. Got your fireworks and votive paper organized? Have you made the Kitchen Gods happy and repainted the house? Yep, it’s going to be quite a year.
According to my quick research on Facebook and other reliable sources, ‘Monkey people’ are brilliant, artistic, inventive and naughty. Unsurprisingly, this is predicted to be an unstable year. I’m not sure if this will be the fault of people born under the monkey sign or the over-reactions of other people’s jealousy that you managed to be born in that year.
I’m a ‘Dog’ in the lunar horoscope – I’m totally incompatible with ‘Monkey people.’ I knew that when I was a boy living in Malaysia and a monkey slapped me. Even since then, I’ve avoided people with talent who are building something in their front garden.
Still it promises to be a fantastic year, full of unforeseen events and excitement. Maybe Vietnam will win the football this year or gold will be discovered in Ha Long Bay. Personally I just want to get out of teaching and write something more successful than ‘Harry Potter.’
How about you? What’s the plan this year? Get a 7.5 in IELTS? Surrender to your families nagging and marry that hottie from Da Nang before you’re 27? Quit your job to become a tour guide? Or will you be sensible, stop at the red light and not drink coffee after 10:00 am?
As we head into a new year we all hope our luck changes. However you will have to accept that this coming year will bring lots of astonishing U-turns and flabbergasting moments. If you prayed hard in 2015 at the pagoda this should happen. If you remembered to give lucky envelopes to the boss’s kids then it’s almost guaranteed that you’ll get that promotion.
Don’t forget to focus on your goals this coming year. New Year’s Eve will blow you away, however your mum will still want you to clean up after your 400 relatives have visited and you give the left-over fruit to your neighbors. So keep your mum happy and maybe she’ll let you visit Da Lat with your friends this year, finally.
For myself I’ll celebrate quietly at home and leave the country for another visa. Usually I switch off the phone about fifteen minutes after midnight on New Year’s Eve to avoid all the Happy New Year graphics people send me. Fortunately I won’t be stuck in the traffic or try to find my motorbike for two hours after the fireworks. I’m smart, I’ll light a candle and bow to the moon because I’m a moon child and whisper lots of good luck for myself. Try it, it works!
All kidding aside, it’s a great time to be alive and celebrate reaching another year in life. The Vietnamese zest for a party is an energy to behold...safely... from a distance. The distant roar of beer toasts and jumbo jet music will float gently to my garden as my three dogs stretch their ears and go back to sleep. I’ll draw a monkey on my tiger beer can just to decorate the house and toast my luck at having found Vietnam.
So, as we raise our heads to the purple night sky, as the colors of the firework rainbows explode and kids scream in delight, we also secretly hold tight to our wishes for a great year. That our children will have a better life and that we find the satisfaction in life we crave. That our friends and loved ones will still be with us a year from now – older perhaps but certainly more treasured. More importantly, that we ourselves will grow wiser and luckier in whatever direction we think of including love, jobs, travel or simply doing something breathtaking.
Each year is measured by our memories of it, the good and bad, the highs and lows and how it turned out against our expectations. If we passed the test by only a little bit we can be pleased with that. Disappointments are a waste of our hearts. So I hope and offer my desire that 2016 will be all those things you missed out on or enjoyed over the last year and that you and those that you care about have a great year.
May the Monkey make your world warm and wonderful in 2016.
For this coming year, I’d like say ‘Van Su Nhu Y’ (All Wishes Come True) to all our readers and just about everyone! Yayyy!

jackbl
08-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Tet: New Year
http://youtu.be/Oq4B2WGSc-g

jackbl
08-02-2016, 05:38 PM
http://youtu.be/CAuZOW9QJ54

jackbl
09-02-2016, 02:10 AM
http://youtu.be/PEbURExhDZY

jackbl
09-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Vietnamese New Year Customs
http://youtu.be/W4jRLf0__3E

jackbl
09-02-2016, 11:26 PM
New year customs:
http://youtu.be/FutTaFTAfgE

jackbl
10-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Welcome to Vietnam!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnj8q7wHR2o

jackbl
12-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Vi ngot doi moi

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEUEgj5h9XHG6zuOr7LUu69R94qaVcUP8&v=UnULxTY3QjE

jackbl
13-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Mot thoi da xa

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLEUEgj5h9XHG6zuOr7LUu69R94qaVcUP8&v=Nn3jxOPm2rU

Wendella
13-02-2016, 06:08 PM
I have a new one. This is from Wechat. Basically I found a girl who a buddy of mine met a couple months ago. I recognized her in Wechat from the photo he sent me of her. They only just met, nothing happened. He was on his way somewhere and ran into her.

Anyway, I asked her if she was the same girl, forwarded her the photo he took of her. She confirmed that yes it was her.

I asked if she remembered my friend, gave details of where they met and when.

Her reply was 2 messages:

In

Vay a

That's it.

So I am here to Make my request to the Gods of Tieng Viet...

What the HELL is she talking about?

Hurricane88
13-02-2016, 06:12 PM
vay a - vay ah - is it

freeman69
13-02-2016, 07:17 PM
Tomorrow is Valentine Day.
Any brother or Pro can advise what type of greetings or romantic word is suitable for Vday?
Any nice song for this occasion (best with English subtitle )

jackbl
13-02-2016, 08:41 PM
Any brother or Pro can advise what type of greetings or romantic word is suitable for Vday?

Nhân ngày Lễ tình yêu, Anh muốn nói với Em rằng: Anh mãi bên Em và ngày càng yêu Em nhiều hơn. Hãy tin ở Anh, Em nhé!

Use google to translate what's its meaning. Though not 100% correct but it's about there.

KangTuo
13-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Nhân ngày Lễ tình yêu, Anh muốn nói với Em rằng: Anh mãi bên Em và ngày càng yêu Em nhiều hơn. Hãy tin ở Anh, Em nhé!

Use google to translate what's its meaning. Though not 100% correct but it's about there.

when did you ever become cassanova? :eek:

jackbl
13-02-2016, 11:57 PM
when did you ever become cassanova? :eek:

Copy and Paste one la ......

jackbl
14-02-2016, 12:55 PM
Substitute teacher in Vietnam

http://youtu.be/heDY_onxasw

Hurricane88
14-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Any nice song for this occasion (best with English subtitle )

Chuc mung Le Tinh Nhan 2016
Mong ban luon hanh phuc trong tinh yeu

jackbl
15-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Comedy Moc Meo (with eng sub) Episode 68
http://youtu.be/PvPd_Q8kn2w

jackbl
15-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Comedy Moc Meo (with eng sub) Episode 69
http://youtu.be/Tm8P2TRRCsM

jackbl
16-02-2016, 11:41 PM
http://youtu.be/JOHf8r3Cfdo

jackbl
17-02-2016, 01:08 PM
http://youtu.be/pr5Z0-AsGgM

jackbl
17-02-2016, 08:55 PM

What's her reaction when you sent her greetings in vietnamese???

jackbl
18-02-2016, 09:46 AM
National Anthem of Vietnam
http://youtu.be/NUWcRjAxmSg

jackbl
19-02-2016, 02:07 AM
You know you're Vietnamese when
http://youtu.be/xG8ixkNeU94

jackbl
19-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Things Viet moms do
http://youtu.be/VY2Z9iwWxOo

jackbl
20-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Things Viet moms do Part 2
http://youtu.be/aChje-hFIvY

jackbl
20-02-2016, 10:54 PM
Top 5 Viet dishes
http://youtu.be/nDhF6Bc1VpQ

jackbl
21-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Top 5 vietnamese desserts
http://youtu.be/Z56jfSW3Qjs

jackbl
21-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Vietnam experience: You never know when...

We rarely think of personal disasters or unforeseen circumstances when we travel. Our sense of adventure and our busy lives tend to gloss over the need to consider what we should and can do in the event of an accident or health crisis. Preparation prevents heartache, so here’s something people can print/write out and stick on the back of their phone or in their wallet. Just copy and paste it and take it to the local photocopy shop.

Trong trường hợp khẩn cấp vui lòng liên hệ:
In case of emergency please contact:
Nói tiếng Việt
Vietnamese speaking
Tôi có/không có bảo hiểm y tế
I have/do not have medical insurance
Công ty bảo hiểm y tế của tôi là
My medical insurance is
Nhóm máu của tôi là
My blood type is:
Tôi bị tiểu đường: Có/Không
I am diabetic: Yes/No
Dị ứng: Có/Không
Allergies: Yes/No

Living in a foreign culture is exhilarating, frustrating, life-changing and mind-boggling. Provided you haven’t landed in our fabulous south central coastal Vietnamese slice of heaven with rose tinted glasses, it can be a great life. Chilling at the beach, cheap beers in a sports bar, a local housekeeper to help you maintain that colonial prestige become the norm.
As the central coast lifestyle’s fame spreads, the overly enthusiastic newbies land on our shores imagining that it’s a short step from tourist visas to renting a mansion to making a fortune as an English teacher.
Slowly the harsh realities appear. Difficult landlords, over-pricing, time-consuming bureaucratic madness, noisy neighbors and the daily assault by traffic take their toll on your sanity. You need to be mentally tougher, learn the local lingo and learn to accept the unacceptable as part of the price of living here.
And then there’s the dark question of what to do if you get sick or injured in Vietnam. The national road toll here is horrifying, up to 30 people a day die on the roads with dozens more injured. Dengue fever is an ever-present threat requiring rapid medical attention. Theft and rip-off hazards can easily strike if you don’t maintain awareness of your surroundings.
Think of where you are going and what you are going to be doing. If you’re going to teach in the countryside, how far are you from good medical care? Do you have a reliable local contact who speaks sufficient English to help you when things go wrong? Have you got enough medical insurance to cover the costs if you have a medical emergency? In particular, check if your insurance covers a full medical evacuation to your home country.
If you plan to live here for some time, research the availability of medical insurance locally too. During my research for this article I uncovered three main providers that you can check out; Blue Cross Vietnam, Liberty Insurance and Bao Viet. There are plenty more but this will give you a starting point.
Quick tips:
Wear covered shoes and a decent helmet if riding a motorbike.
Wear long pants and use mosquito repellent if you are travelling around wet land areas. Mosquitos carry quite a few nasty diseases in the tropics.
Don’t carry large amounts of cash at any time, particularly late at night or in crowded places.
Negotiate ALL prices before you pay anything – and shop around: don’t lose your business sense just because you are on holiday.
Don’t drink in places that look sleazy or over-priced at night: people do watch you.
Stay in regular touch with family or people who you trust, in case something happens.
I think you get the general idea...
Research: use the net to seek good expat bars and some expat knowledge for each of the places you plan to visit in Vietnam. There are hotlines for tourists in Vietnam however I haven’t provided them here as the numbers and current information may change.
Although it seems scary, a little bit of thought goes a long way towards a safe trip. Vietnam is an extraordinary nation well worth exploring. I hope this advice helps! Happy trails!

jackbl
22-02-2016, 08:00 AM
How to pronounce Vietnamese names

http://youtu.be/DT_ME9A9Adw

jackbl
22-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Bringing Vietnamese culture to the World
http://youtu.be/V8eio-GjaPs

jackbl
23-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Vietnamese culture
http://youtu.be/ZSeMJIBlmbw

jackbl
23-02-2016, 11:27 PM
Vietnam tour guide video - Hello Vietnam
http://youtu.be/YF9FPo6dI_g

jackbl
24-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Comedy Moc Meo (with engsub) Episode 66
http://youtu.be/lvBqFLvXeBo

jackbl
25-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Comedy Moc Meo (with engsub) Episode 67

http://youtu.be/iMyyR3nCMWo

jackbl
26-02-2016, 02:34 AM
Song from the movie Em la Ba Noi cua Anh

Minh Yeu Tu Bao Gio

http://youtu.be/yW0P8iJLB9M

jackbl
26-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Minh Yeu Tu Bao Gio

Con Tuổi nao cho em

http://youtu.be/PPpXI6F5Sz4

lovelyboy
26-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Con Tuổi nao cho em

Lovelyboy up you 10 points :D

wittyman
26-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Con Tuổi nao cho em

thanks bro, nice video :D

jackbl
27-02-2016, 01:21 PM
Impunity in Vietnam

Motorists stopping to pee in the middle of a busy highway, vendors over-charging tourists, and scams rampant throughout the city – what’s going on? Reading the local headlines I get the impression that people just don’t care about the consequences of their actions. And why should they? It seems no one cares and no one is going to stop it. A feeling of impunity is in the air.
Impunity means to be free from the consequences of your actions – and many people believe their actions lack all repercussion. Another relevant adjective is ‘blatant’ – not bothering to hide or feel shame for what you are doing. I see this often on my commute from Hoi An to Da Nang for work or when I’m just hanging out coffee shops.
It’s not exactly a positive impression for busloads of tourists roaring down the coastal highway to Da Nang to see rich people jump out of their overpriced SUVs for a pee on the side of the road or the construction guy do the same, except his motorbike is better parked. Just two days ago, next to the grounds of the new Buddha shrine in Da Nang, an old woman squatted in full view of the passing traffic to relieve herself. Eww...
It’s worth mentioning that I have never witnessed that in Thailand, Cambodia, or Malaysia.
What will tourists tell their friends back home of dual pricing, rip-offs, and poor service? Of waiters picking their noses or waitresses hurling food at guests? If word-of-mouth advertising is the best free advertising, then the impressions of Vietnam might be better left unsaid.
One school of thought about lousy service, shopping, and tour disasters is that it doesn’t matter because tourists will never be back so why bother with consideration and manners? Impunity in action...I think.

Another common notion is that you have to pee immediately, wherever you are, as it’s unhealthy to ‘hold it in.’ That’s true, if you hold it for a long time, not just for a few minutes as you find a discrete place to ‘do your business.’ It doesn’t take that long to find a bush! It’s not only impunity in action but also a horror to onlookers.
It’s the blatantness of these actions, combined with the belief that people don’t need to change their ways in consideration of others, that creates unnecessary problems. The “I can so I will” attitude is a result of education, parenting, and social class. Whether it is entitlement from economic stature or scamming a customer that won’t be returning, the lack of foresight and concern is a childish mannerism that has remained uncorrected in adulthood.
These problems aren’t restricted to Vietnam; texting in traffic, refusing to give correct change, and hidden fees on the bill that no one bothers to mention are common in any country. Throughout the world, tour guides take unsuspecting customers unknowingly to a shop for commission, hotels overcharge in the low season, and the taxi drivers drive in circles and never seem to have change. It would be depressing except Vietnam’s got great beaches and cheap beer!
But change is coming. Slowly and painfully. Western expectations of service and manners are creeping into the better examples of hospitality and fair trading that are springing up all over the country. While a lot of these examples have some western input by western management and business practices, a lot of experienced, well-traveled Vietnamese are getting the idea.
It may never fix the primitive image I now have engrained in my head of someone peeing next to the road, but if I ever see it again you can bet I won’t be doing business with them. Acts of impunity can only be overcome, in my opinion, when we speak up, protest, and make it clear whenever behavior is unreasonable and unacceptable.
For older generations, mostly living in a traditional world outside major cities, protest is difficult and, at times, socially dangerous. Recent rapid wealth in cities is producing a more arrogant and selfish attitude towards life, money, and consideration towards others. However, improvement in the education younger generations are receiving in this country can make the difference and quietly transform the nation.
While the young may never be able to tell the old what to do, old ways do die out. Today’s youth will become the nation’s next policemen and leaders – better trained, educated, and more aware of modern expectations. There is great energy and optimism in Vietnam and that’s the nation’s greatest asset – here’s hoping that my student’s generation speaks up louder.
And one day, I’d like to think that I’ll ride along that highway and only have to avoid the cows ‘doing their business.’

jackbl
28-02-2016, 01:27 AM

Diễm Xưa

http://youtu.be/himGY-y7u8Q

jackbl
28-02-2016, 01:41 PM

Minh Yeu Tu Bao Gio

O Me Ly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJce7EyFhCg&sns=em

jackbl
28-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Minh Yeu Tu Bao Gio

Em la ba noi cua anh
http://youtu.be/tFlrJaxnPX0

Wendella
29-02-2016, 01:06 AM
it would be useful to know the Vietnamese for the following:

blow job (would any girl even way out in the countryside recognize "BJ" to be this?)

cum in mouth -- I actually know this is "ngam" but not sure which symbol(s) go on the "a"

hand job

rimming

anal

french kissing

DATY

And a few translation questions related to the website girl ads

1. what is all this talk about “coffee” in the ads? That is what comes out as the google translation. It doesn't say "ca phe" but only "phê". Example:
"V1 : khá săn chăc rất vừa tay bóp phê lắm mút cũng sướng nữa"

2. another one I often see is something like "bonsai wire"

3. What's "Người dây cây cảnh"?

actually these ads are thick with slang, so it would be great if we could get some help with those here, since they do repeat the same phrases often, so in short time we would all know what those mean.

thanks

jackbl
29-02-2016, 01:51 AM
it would be useful to know the Vietnamese for the following:

blow job (would any girl even way out in the countryside recognize "BJ" to be this?)

cum in mouth -- I actually know this is "ngam" but not sure which symbol(s) go on the "a"

hand job

rimming

anal

french kissing

DATY

This time round are you able to provide us with the answer? When u happen to go to any caphe om or bia om, and you are in the deed, you can ask the gals what the actions meant in vietnamese :) :D

Wendella
29-02-2016, 07:56 AM
This time round are you able to provide us with the answer? When u happen to go to any caphe om or bia om, and you are in the deed, you can ask the gals what the actions meant in vietnamese :) :D

Fair enough. OK. But getting to that deed for some of these requires me telling her what I want. Catch-22.

I should have made this one into 2 separate posts. The second half of my post is about common terms used in the website girl ads.

jackbl
29-02-2016, 08:28 AM
The second half of my post is about common terms used in the website girl ads.

Phê == shiok. This can be found in dictionary. The others not sure.

Wendella
01-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Here is a simple one. One girl I know sometimes answers in SMS with just:

HK

I think it means "yes", or "exactly" or something like this.

jackbl
01-03-2016, 08:55 PM
I think it means "no" ...

Wendella
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Just came across an example of the bonsai wire thing .

Mình dây cây cảnh không chút mỡ thừa 7đ

google-translates to

I'm not little bonsai wire 7D fat

Wendella
02-03-2016, 12:09 AM
:D:D
no wonder wendella gets jerked around by girls..everytime he thinks its yes it means no hahah

I was just asking her if Tom's dick was as big as mine. Glad we got this straightened out.
:D

FireShark
02-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Phê == shiok. This can be found in dictionary. The others not sure.

Suong = Shiok

Phe new words to me

Wendella
02-03-2016, 09:47 AM
i dont know if that statement of yours should make me pity you even more or feel insulted. Sheesh penis comebacks did you learn these from your 10yr old english students...yeah and you wonder why noone takes english teachers seriously over here. Talking abt intellect if you are to think abt it rationally having a bigger penis is more of a liability when the girls you wanna fuck a petite little ladies not some fat assed american cow. The lack of intelligence is evidenced by you living in vn 10+ years and still unable to decipher the language, and please dont give the excuse you dont need to learn, as your fumbling along asking all these questions is proof of you intent.

Tom, the joke was intentionally ridiculous and immature, intended to sound like something that a 10 year old might say, yes (more teenager though, or early 20s--I dunno about you but kids where I lived didn't joke about dick size at age 10 :eek:). It's locker-room humor. Teasing basically. Not meant to be taken seriously. And then it's your turn to make a comeback and try to jab me back in kind. Not with a serious critique, with a joke.

Honestly I think my dick is pretty average sized and I have no idea about yours.

Wendella
02-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Suong = Shiok

Phe new words to me

About "suong", good to know.

About "phe" it is VERY commonly used in those website girl ads.

Also the bonsai wire thing when talking bout the girl's waist or torso I think. She either is bonsai wire or she's not bonsai wire (as above).

and then there's Tevet, which I guess means DATY(?)

jackbl
02-03-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm quite confident suong is very close to the meaning of phe in this context. In Sin where our playground is, we very seldom will get in contact with website gals, so it will be great if u can disclosed the real meaning of "Mình dây cây cảnh không chút mỡ thừa 7đ". :)

Wendella
02-03-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm quite confident suong is very close to the meaning of phe in this context. In Sin where our playground is, we very seldom will get in contact with website gals, so it will be great if u can disclosed the real meaning of "Mình dây cây cảnh không chút mỡ thừa 7đ". :)

OK I just met that girl in a hotel. I asked her what that means. She said it means "I'm not a little bonsai wire 7D fat." I felt sorry that I asked. :D

jackbl
03-03-2016, 12:19 AM
OK I just met that girl in a hotel. I asked her what that means. She said it means "I'm not a little bonsai wire 7D fat." I felt sorry that I asked. :D

Still scratching head why that sentence is used...... Why not used Pig or something to describe as fat but instead used Bonsai ...... :confused: :(

jackbl
03-03-2016, 08:01 AM
5 things in Vietnam which I can't understand
http://youtu.be/DFPD0ZTSpP8

jackbl
03-03-2016, 08:35 PM
6 things in Vietnam I wish America to follow
http://youtu.be/475s3t80wcc

jackbl
04-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Tả Pí Lù - Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 1

http://youtu.be/0VzRFZWtp1Y

Wendella
05-03-2016, 01:32 AM
so you actually met a girl..im awaiting your FR

It was a joke, I didn't. Yes when I do a website girl, which should be soon, I'll post the report.

Wendella
05-03-2016, 01:35 AM
Still scratching head why that sentence is used...... Why not used Pig or something to describe as fat but instead used Bonsai ...... :confused: :(

Well she is NOT a bonsai wire. I think the bonsai wires must be slim waists then.

jackbl
05-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Well she is NOT a bonsai wire. I think the bonsai wires must be slim waists then.

No head no tail about bonsai wires :confused::(:cool:

Wendella
05-03-2016, 08:15 PM
thats because the translation isnt bonsai wires, u guys need to learn more slang and stop relying in google translate

Will it damage your business if you just give the proper slang translation? ;)

I got one. Last week I was in some local cafe where they have waitresses, not quite the D10 type but kind of a poor cousin of it. One girl there talking to me was kind of complaining about one of her co-workers, said she was gai goi and always going to a hotel with customers. My understanding of "gai goi" is that it means 'call girl', not hooker or working girl in general. I doubt that girl was up on a website. But who knows. It's possible, I guess.

jackbl
05-03-2016, 10:48 PM
My understanding of gai goi is this type of gal dun stand on the street or work in a particular place. When customers or someone call, then she attend to the call. Website gal can also consider as gai goi to me. Sorry for repeating if u already know this. :)

jackbl
05-03-2016, 10:55 PM
It was a joke, I didn't. Yes when I do a website girl, which should be soon, I'll post the report.

Thank you for introducing the website style of writing to us. Normally we learnt Tieng Viet through sms. It's another way of learning to us here now. Remember to ask the gals those actions that you quoted in your previous posting and share with us. Thanks in advance. :)

Wendella
06-03-2016, 09:48 AM
no it doesnt damage my "business" but i dont do free vietnamese lessons, just as you dont work for free teaching english...just because i comment here shouldnt mean i HAVE to teach, or do I?...but i remember you saying you dont need to learn vietnamese..as to you comment abt the cafe, sheesh u should know by now that anything a girl says shouldnt be taken seriously unless u seen it with your own two eyes, i know u have lived here for a very long time but i dont think you have adopted vietnamese attitude towards loose truths, but her saying that abt her friend could mean a whole range of things ie she a slut, she has had many "bf", or it could just be a bold faced insult...take a normal girl to those dj cafes and the normal girl will call every girl there gai goi....and thats not even counting the things she thinks about you eg morally bankrupt for going to such places....and gai goi the meaning if taken in its literal meaning is girl call...the meaning should be taken in its context...why are u treating vietnamese differently than english where a words meaning is also interpreted within a contextual environment...ok this lesson is for free

so what does trai bao, di duc, cave, con dao, con di mean then? if you think gai goi means something specifically, so what would u call a girl working is a brothel, or a girl working in a bia om, or a street walker....shit man on this tread silence is golden

ps i forgot..wendella will it hurt your business if YOU get off your fat ass and go out and actually learn something or find something out for yourself rather expect others to share with you JUST because they have greater ability and capacity..seems u think you are entitled to something from me just because YOU dont know and i DO

I get your point, but actually I regularly do free English lessons, even as far as buying someone a good book and CD and starting them off on it. If it's ok let me skip the criticisms, that's all old stuff we've been over before. A bit boring for us and others here I think by now.

But about the girl in the cafe, ok, well, no she was quite specific about it. She told me that the girl in question had gone out to a hotel with a customer, was there right now, and would be back soon. Then she asked me if I still want to meet her. (I had met and talked with that one on earlier visit). As we talked more, I asked if girls here go to hotels with customers, she said Yes. But I wasn't sure if she meant all or some or any, so I asked if SHE did. (cuz honestly she was quite tempting herself) She firmly said No, she only works in the cafe and talks to customers. And she told me she was quitting, going back to the country side because she couldn't tolerate working there any more, felt lonely and depressed in HCMC, missed her family and friends from home. She said she often felt disrespected working there, some words she used were 'customers treated her like cheap stuff' and I asked to give an example how they did that, she said they always asked her to go to a hotel.

So yeah ok I didn't describe the context in the forum, but now that you know what she said, it doesn't seem ambiguous. If there is any doubt, it would be like you said, if she just really hates her coworker and is smearing her with a lie, that the girl is not really a hooker. But for sure, I went back a few times to that cafe, and the girl in question was often missing, not working when she was supposed to be. Once I texted her and she replied she was out 'di choi'. And once I was in the cafe (see above) when she returned to the cafe, around 9:30pm or so. I had been there about an hour.

Honestly if it is true that this is what's going on here, this is a first for me.

and the girl I talked with, very different. Much more serious than other girls, and she would look at you right in the eye for uncomfortably long time. On my last visit there before she stopped working there, she (out of the blue) asked me "did you have a sad childhood?"

Wendella
06-03-2016, 12:44 PM
when u say she said this said that why dont u use teh specific vietnamese words she used so we know if u correctly understood what she said or not..cuz right now its like he said she said...even the fact if she said what she said in veitnamese and u correctly understood that...still means very little, some girl leaving teh cafe and comming back later still means nothing she could have asked to go and run errands...its UNLIKELY a cafe owner would allow their staff to leave work to go to hotels with customers, i know of situations where cafe om girls ie girls that suck cock for money are not allowed to leave work to go to hotels they need to arrange things out of work hours...so unless the girl in question has said to YOU she willing to go hotel with YOU, i would still put very little stock in what was said from a 3rd party. On a another matter the post you made on another site, you seem to have a very short memory, i dont mind the criticsim or any insults even, but just as long as it factually correct. If you were to draw your mind back i have made at least 6-7 reviews of guirls found online with pics, and if you werre to do a image search of those pic you would be able to figure out their details, something you did yourself...secondly teh first series of posts i made was in sep 2014, where i made it clear they were found on local viet language wesites and i was posting girls i tried ...you in your frenzied mind started accusing me of lifting their pics etc etc...so again thats another bit of evidence that refutes your claims of my hypocrisy

I think we are a bit off topic here, and I'm probably more at fault for that. I wouldn't call you the H word, people are people. No one is completely consistent. That's life. It's true you do sometimes share names of individual girls, and like to have them shared with you. What you don't like to share is specific locations, and the same argument you use about names can be used about locations. If you don't say where it is, we can't try. That's essentially what you say when someone doesn't share the name or identifying info for a specific girl he talks about. Your report about a place is tantalizing, but we have no way to go check it out when the location is missing. So I don't get why someone should be expected to share the name of one girl they report about, while you won't share locations, for example that massage place you just mentioned here and in ISG. Look I actually am not too interested in that massage place, it's not that.

About the cafe, yes everything you say sounds correct, no argument here. It is strange, to say the least. I just went there now and the 'girl in question' has left HCMC already. (My god, they sure do go to the countryside a lot.) So I guess we may never know the truth. The "gai goi" was the one obvious hot one there. Petite and pretty. She seemed innocent looking first night I met her. The night she came back from outside she did look like a hooker, with the outfit, tattoos, bad girl demeanor. So it does seem plausible just based on what I've seen, but yeah your doubts also seem correct. And one more thing: I went there 4 times. She was USUALLY out during her working hours. She was there once (my first time) and she was out the other 3 times, coming back once while i was about to leave.

if we continue this, how about we move it to Thread 3...? Don't want to make pests of ourselves here.

about using the specific Vietnamese words that she used, well I have deleted my google translate, I always do that after finishing talking with someone. She did say that Trang (not real name) was gai goi. and then she asked me if I know what that means. I told her that I did know, yes. Then she asked me if I wanted to meet her when she comes back to the cafe, in other words, are you the kind of customer who comes here to pick up hookers -- something she apparently was disgusted by.

Wendella
06-03-2016, 01:53 PM
you are comapring apples with oranges..if i make a report identifying girls either by name or by pic, then i request similar imfo..how is that hypocritical...to say i make a request for names of gai goi, when i dont specify address of places is complete nonesense...secondly well teh fact you are conducting your conversation via google translate explains it all...ie you not getting the right meaning...is liek ill call u a asshole..then a vietnamese person using google translate will go to his/herfriend and say did u know that wendella is a anus?

It's what I love about you, the way you always elevate the level of discussion. ;) OK you say it's nonsense but I trust some others will appreciate the point. Maybe some day we'll come back to it. Probably best to stick to discussion of TV here and leave our issues for another time.

Google translate works pretty well at very straightforward stuff -- like "where is the television?" or something. Where it hits trouble is when slang and idioms are being used. And actually it can get some of those too. But it also can often go very wrong with those. It seems to be improving over time, probably helped by user feedback.

jackbl
07-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Tả Pí Lù - Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 2

http://youtu.be/fsWbNFxDt20

Wendella
07-03-2016, 02:12 PM
Tả Pí Lù - Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 2

http://youtu.be/fsWbNFxDt20

It's never not a good moment for boobs. :D

p.s. I'm in heavy Zalo with both the cafe girls now, meet one tomorrow. One's not in countryside after all. Just no longer in the cafe. Hopefully I get to meet her before the money-requests start coming.

DuMaCuaToi
07-03-2016, 03:58 PM

p.s. I'm in heavy Zalo with both the cafe girls now, meet one tomorrow. One's not in countryside after all. Just no longer in the cafe. Hopefully I get to meet her before the money-requests start coming.

Du ma cua toi.

Wende11a
07-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Seriously stop posting rubbish and sharing nothing here. I am surprised you are that stupid telling the readers here and HCM thread that you are resident in HCM many years. You just full of bs.

Wendella
07-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Yeah that's it, I don't really live here. Astute observation. :D

Wende11a
08-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Yeah that's it, I don't really live here. Astute observation. :D

I knew who are you but you do not know me. So start posting something to share or you just stopped posting rubbish info.

BTW, I am watching you and trailing your back.

Wendella
08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
I knew who are you but you do not know me. So start posting something to share or you just stopped posting rubbish info.

Ooohhhh oogie boogie. :D

FireShark
08-03-2016, 05:04 PM

Are you trying to create trouble here? Why are there another clone?

jackbl
10-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Tả Pí Lù - Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 3

http://youtu.be/AuQ2whuxdTY

Wendella
10-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Sorry to interrupt Boobfest 2016, but...

If a girl says just:

la sao

after I had said something that was a bit confrontational, I assume that has nothing to do with stars. Is that slang? Another possible one is that she meant "it's a lie" (I think)

jackbl
11-03-2016, 09:27 AM
I think you need to read up a few chapters of basic vietnamese if u really want to interact with vietnamese.

Word by word translation for LA SAO= Is Why. She is not clear of what you are talking about. So she ask u "Is why/what"

Why = tại sao, vì sao, sao (short-cut)

jackbl
11-03-2016, 09:43 AM

I know conversational vietnamese and those vietnamese taught in YouTube are different but if learnt enough, u can ask her back what is LA SAO.

By the way u talk / wrote to the gals in English or Vietnamese???

Hurricane88
11-03-2016, 11:11 AM
actually it means IS WHAT?...meaning wtf are u saying wendell?. tai sao is reason why?

shocking that Wendella dun understand simple basic tieng viet...:)

Wende11a
11-03-2016, 11:59 AM
wendella talks via google translate

He only pretends to know? My sources told me he no longer teaching English.

He tried to zap me asking "Who the fuck r u?

iclub88
11-03-2016, 03:05 PM
FATT CAI ANG PAO up to SGD 1888 !!!
Click Here For More Information ( http://www.iclub88.net/index.html?up=sammyboyforum )

Wechat : 011-37043426
Please kindly add us for promotion live update

http://i.imgur.com/7r5ClW5.jpg

jackbl
11-03-2016, 08:30 PM

You have the most conducive environment to learn vietnamese compared to us. Hope u can improved a lot and in turn guide us. Cheers!!! :)

Wendella
12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Shocking! Yet true.

I can not deny it, I do have a LOT of conversations via Google Dich.

And yeah, I hope to raise an army of clones. You guys got to see the beginning. Some day we will all look back on this moment fondly.

Ah ok I can't reply to that girl any more cuz she blocked me on Zalo and won't respond to my messages any more. Our relations headed well south that day.

Hm. I haven't zapped anyone in like 6 months. I don't say "r u" or anything like that. And I let people know who I am, regardless if zap or up. I'll recheck but don't think I did. And hey, it's not as if zapping would be out of order with the level of stuff said by clone army here.

OK just checked. It weren't me. I've only zapped 4 times total since 2008 when I joined.

Wendella
12-03-2016, 05:00 PM
He only pretends to know? My sources told me he no longer teaching English.

He tried to zap me asking "Who the fuck r u?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQiMTCd35Y

jackbl
13-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Hope to see more postings from u, example "La Sao". :D;)

jackbl
14-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Tả Pí Lù - Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 4

http://youtu.be/7a-6Cn1Yb_I

Wendella
15-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Hope to see more postings from u, example "La Sao". :D;)

OK I'll see what I can come up with ;)

jackbl
16-03-2016, 01:39 AM
Party chief demands apology to foreign tourist robbed in Ho Chi Minh City

Apologies must be conveyed to the Egyptian tourist that was robbed in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City last weekend, Dinh La Thang, secretary of the municipal Party Committee, said on Monday.
As he visited the campus of Ton Duc Thang University in District 7 in the morning, Thang said he was shocked to learn of the female vacationer being mugged.
Thang underlined that the tourist must get an apology from city authorities.
“But who will apologize to her, the tourism sector or police?” he wondered.
“I want somebody to come to meet her and say sorry, but I am unable to find who is to be held accountable for this.”

Dinh La Thang (standing, second left), secretary of the Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee, is seen in this picture. Photo: Tuoi Tre
Thang admitted that “it is [our] mechanism” that leads to no one being responsible for such an incident.
“Our mechanism aims at giving responsibility to the leader, who in fact has no power or authority, as everything must be agreed upon by the entire group, so in the end nobody is held responsible,” he elaborated.
On Saturday, photos showing a foreign woman crying went viral on Facebook, with captions saying she, who traveled with a male tourist, fell victim to a street robbery in downtown Ho Chi Minh City.
The tourist was crying because she lost all her money, passport and other important documents, according to the Facebook posts.
Police in Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, confirmed on Saturday that the tourist was mugged by two bag snatchers in the area on Friday.

“The victim said she is an Egyptian and that she was robbed of US$230,” newswire VTC News quoted a police leader as saying.
The police officer denied reports that the Egyptian also lost her papers and valuable belongings.
“That information shared on social networks is not true,” he added.
In mid-February, Party chief Thang set an objective for relevant agencies in Ho Chi Minh City to reduce crimes and offenses in the next three months.

pting
16-03-2016, 05:42 AM
Walking on street of Vietnam and receive a surprise Zalo friend request
Translation with the help of a friend.

Chao a
hello

E ten Tram 22 tuoi
My name is Tram, 22 yr old

Nha e co viec can tien gap
My family have some problem need to meet for money

A co di ks alo e nha.
You want go hotel call me ok

600K 1 shot tien fong a tra
600K per shot, you pay for room money

Thoi gian e di dc la tu 9h sang den 11h dem
Time i can go from 9am to 11p

e o dg thanh thai q10 gan ly thuong kiet
I am at street thanh thai District 10 near Ly thuong kiet

A co di alo e so XXXXXXXXX
You want go let me know at number XXXXXXXX

A ko can thi gthieu dum e nha
You no need then intro people for me ok

Tin nhan nay ko nghiem tuc ko dua gion
This message is serious not a joke

http://i64.tinypic.com/rsam3m.jpg

pting
16-03-2016, 01:55 PM
thats pretty common now...the question is how real was the pic, 600k is pretty high comparatively she would need to be a 7+ so did u try her?

Nope, i will post in FR thread if I try her.
Just sharing language translation here.

Wendella
16-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Chao a
hello

E ten Tram 22 tuoi

A co di ks alo e nha.

Fun post for here. I didn't realize the 'alo e' meant let me know. I got that one pretty often and was never sure what the alo meant.

iclub88
16-03-2016, 03:22 PM
FATT CAI ANG PAO up to SGD 1888 !!!
Click Here For More Information ( http://www.iclub88.net/index.html?up=sammyboyforum )

Wechat : 011-37043426
Please kindly add us for promotion live update
http://i.imgur.com/7r5ClW5.jpg

Wende11a
16-03-2016, 03:48 PM

Chao a
hello

E ten Tram 22 tuoi

A co di ks alo e nha.

Fun post for here. I didn't realize the 'alo e' meant let me know. I got that one pretty often and was never sure what the alo meant.

I really you are a lunatic living in HCM for past several years not knowing much things and full disgrace.

pting
16-03-2016, 06:05 PM
just a few corrections, the meaning remains teh same
Thanks for the correction.

So now you know the actual meaning of "alo" from Tom's correction.

Wendella
16-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the correction.

So now you know the actual meaning of "alo" from Tom's correction.

my initial gut feeling was that it was a VN version of 'hello' but it seemed to be used like a verb. So my guess of the meaning was in the right general area at least. It's like they're saying "hello me tomorrow" or whatever.

jackbl
17-03-2016, 07:49 AM
31% of Vietnamese women fake climax: survey

A recent survey of 400 residents of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City has revealed that nearly one-third of female respondents 'occasionally fake orgasm' to boost their spouse’s ego, local newswire VnExpress reported on Monday.
The figure made up part of the results of the survey on urban marital life conducted by Turn Insight to Action (TITA) Market Research on 400 people aged 18 to 55 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in 2015-2016.
The results were published on Saturday, revealing that 31 percent of women occasionally faked their orgasms for fear of hurting their partner’s feelings, despite feeling "very happy" or "normal" about their marriage. The corresponding result amongst men was 16 percent.
Both groups of respondents agreed that the key factor affecting the quality of sex is understanding. Three quarters of "very happy" couples regularly talk with each other and care for the other person’s feelings, while slightly less than half of "normal" couples are comfortable talking about sex with their partner.
“I couldn’t achieve climax at first, and I wasn’t sure if my husband did either. We didn’t share our thoughts at the time because we were shy. It was only two years ago that we began to sit down with each other and have the talk, and things have gotten so much better since,” one respondent confessed.
The survey also confirmed that couples engage in sex less frequently as they get older. Those who have been married for less than ten years 'get busy' as often as two to three times a week, compared to once or twice a month amongst those married for more than 20 years.
Couples who 'clean their pipes' more often tend to describe their partner as "excellent in bed.”
The average duration of sexual intimacy among respondents is 23 minutes, including foreplay, with most cases lasting for somewhere between ten and 20 minutes. Notably, 12 percent of those who feel their marriage is “normal” said their “sexy times” lasted just under ten minutes.
Only five percent of participants attribute failure to achieve orgasm to their partner’s poor bedtime maneuvers, pointing out other factors such as stress, distraction, lack of understanding, health problems, or shyness.
Financial problems also take their toll on people’s sex lives. One male respondent said, “We were getting intimate the other night when she asked, ‘Have you been paid this month?’, which was a massive mood killer so we just stopped right there!”
“We were in the middle of it when I suddenly remembered that he hadn’t handed me his salary, so confusion took over and I couldn’t enjoy sex anymore,” another female respondent said.
The research team said that couples should avoid seeing 'nooky' as a chance to satisfy an obligation, but rather as an opportunity to deepen their affection for each other.
Phan Quang Thinh, CEO of TITA and head of the research team, said, “Respondents claimed that sex was not an important factor in marriage, but our analysis has proven otherwise. This is not surprising, as sex is a sensitive topic, so shyness was common among participants. However deep down, they all believed that sex was crucial to a happy marriage.”
The results may also explain why husbands who found their wives to be excellent partners in bed have a stricter definition of fidelity. 85 percent of them thought having sex with prostitutes was adulterous, compared to 68 percent among those who were not satisfied in bed.
The percentage of women found to be faking orgasms in this survey was the same as a similar poll on French women conducted last year by the French Institute of Public Opinion (IFOP).
France topped the chart when it came to faking orgasms, with 31 percent of French women admitting to "regularly faking it" with their current partner, beating respondents from Canada, Italy, the U.S., Germany, the UK, Spain, and the Netherlands.

Wende11a
17-03-2016, 12:38 PM
my initial gut feeling was that it was a VN version of 'hello' but it seemed to be used like a verb. So my guess of the meaning was in the right general area at least. It's like they're saying "hello me tomorrow" or whatever.

Shame on you! Dare to say you lived in hcm for a long time. Please save yourself some embarrassment.:D:D

Think you SWM dick is bigger in Vietnam.

jackbl
18-03-2016, 12:10 AM
Mì Gõ-
Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 1

http://youtu.be/8sWSJ0NRDSA

jackbl
18-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Mì Gõ-
Summary of clips with gals having beautiful boobs 2

http://youtu.be/_vDFTJs8WjU

jackbl
19-03-2016, 06:59 AM