The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://thesbf.shop/index.php)
-   Matters of the Heart. (https://thesbf.shop/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   friends change after my life after behind bars, any advice is much appreciated (https://thesbf.shop/showthread.php?t=673028)

luke1 26-11-2017 04:08 PM

friends change after my life after behind bars, any advice is much appreciated

I have a senior account here previously.

However after considerable time behind bars, I am out again.

Everything goes back to square one.

No money no nothing so I went to look for jobs but was rejected multiple of times (at least 20 times) due to my history and my academics.

So I was thinking of returning to the past (I was a web administrator) however I do not have the funds to set up one. I consulted an old friend of mine asking him for $8000. What is unbelievable is that he asked for 75% of the potential revenue (about 90k to 150k a year). I was stunned as I felt exploited. How can people change that quickly? In the past, I treated him drinks and helped him out when he has no one.

His terms is that he will fork out $8000.

Principal has to be paid back to him once business picks up.

75% of the profit goes to him. I will be entirely be in charge of the business.

However if shit hits the ceiling, I have to shoulder it.

I am sure many brothers think that $8000 is little but I doubt I have the capability to get it since I have been kicked out by my family and many friends have avoided me after my times behind bars.

maxsee 27-11-2017 07:52 AM

Re: friends change after my life after behind bars, any advice is much appreciated

When u treat people to food/drinks and help them out. You should not be expecting anything in returen in the very first place. To have expectations such as this will leave u with a lot of disappointment in life. :p

If u dun think that borrowing money from ur friend is feasible. Simply go find other jobs like becoming a cleaner, security guard...etc. Then slowly works on saving up the $8000 u need.

End of the day, no one owe u a living. U land urself in jail coz of choices u make. Whatever repercussion u get as a result of jail time u will just have to accept it. :D

luke1 27-11-2017 09:25 AM

Re: friends change after my life after behind bars, any advice is much appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxsee (Post 16722315)
When u treat people to food/drinks and help them out. You should not be expecting anything in returen in the very first place. To have expectations such as this will leave u with a lot of disappointment in life. :p

If u dun think that borrowing money from ur friend is feasible. Simply go find other jobs like becoming a cleaner, security guard...etc. Then slowly works on saving up the $8000 u need.

End of the day, no one owe u a living. U land urself in jail coz of choices u make. Whatever repercussion u get as a result of jail time u will just have to accept it. :D

I understand where you are coming from and thank you for your input.

YELLOW 27-11-2017 03:54 PM

sorry to hear this . 8k is not big not small .... jus ur credibility in question. in singapore i am sure you are able to save 8k with some discipline. if u hav skill in IT .... then i m sure some form of freelance work might be good to test ur skill and gauge market demands .... good luck and update us ur progress bro .... dont give up .

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke1 (Post 16720059)

No money no nothing so I went to look for jobs but was rejected multiple of times (at least 20 times) due to my history and my academics.

So I was thinking of returning to the past (I was a web administrator) however I do not have the funds to set up one. I consulted an old friend of mine asking him for $8000. What is unbelievable is that he asked for 75% of the potential revenue (about 90k to 150k a year). I was stunned as I felt exploited. How can people change that quickly? In the past, I treated him drinks and helped him out when he has no one.

I am sure many brothers think that $8000 is little but I doubt I have the capability to get it since I have been kicked out by my family and many friends have avoided me after my times behind bars.

angusb 27-11-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

hello bro,

i can offer you 10k . please pm me to discuss

angusb 27-11-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

I can offer you assistance and who knows we might become friends, take care

snakehead 28-11-2017 02:28 AM

TS, why dun you speak with your aftercare officer / counsellor?
From what I know the YellowRibbon project has sponsors on standby to lend a helping hand to ex-offenders that genuinely want to start a fresh life...... unless you are thinking of going back to illegal activities again.

luke1 28-11-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakehead (Post 16725691)
TS, why dun you speak with your aftercare officer / counsellor?
From what I know the YellowRibbon project has sponsors on standby to lend a helping hand to ex-offenders that genuinely want to start a fresh life...... unless you are thinking of going back to illegal activities again.

Yes this is a greyzone trade. I have spoken to the yellowribbon people for jobs too but there is a queue for now. Pretty much have to wait too.

I am currently staying at a friend's place which is government subsidized.

luke1 28-11-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomMAffolter (Post 16724145)
im curious when you say you help him out what does that mean ..give him a lift go somewhere?..means he never help you out such small things?...you treat him to meals?, mean he never treat you back?
Seems to me you make bad choice of friends or you have unreasonable expectations treat someone to 10 dollar meals expect loan 8k etc etc.
Why dont you pm me and if your business plan is feasible i will loan you 8k with only a demand of 50% profits rathr than 75%

Nope, i loaned him money (5 digit). We head out, i was always paying as i know he was on debt previously.

a2014 30-11-2017 01:13 AM

@luke1 you said you are being a web administrator, and you want to setup something of your own due to difficult to land a job for some know reason.

I guess YES, your past may have hinder you in the first instant. Next is the what are the special skill you has that the current trend in the market require your skill especially in the IT industry that things changes every few months, technology, skill knowledge and know how keep changing.

Next is whether are you keen in trying new trade. Well not money investment, but rather use your hand and legs to earn a living.

Take Care.

luke1 01-12-2017 02:15 PM

I know many will "shoot" me on the face but I am just here to rant. Everyone got their own way of doing things. Be it perception on a certain issue or maybe I just take it. Anyway a update, I maybe leaving for overseas with a friend. He may have some opportunity for me. Still contemplating over it.

I thank everyone for the input.

egresnow 02-12-2017 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luke1 (Post 16739514)
I know many will "shoot" me on the face but I am just here to rant. Everyone got their own way of doing things. Be it perception on a certain issue or maybe I just take it. Anyway a update, I maybe leaving for overseas with a friend. He may have some opportunity for me. Still contemplating over it.

I thank everyone for the input.

As shitty as the offer sounds, it's kinda a big risk for him too. But if he is taking 75% in return, what is he contributing? Clients? Prospects? Computer? Place?

Honestly, if i were you, ill just take it. When you are SO DAMN GOOD, you can call it quits after you pay off, take the money you earned AND saved, and start your own business by yourself, doing web admin or whatever is beneficial for you.

Reward comes to those who doesnt give up and try out things the right way(not the stubborn way)

luke1 03-12-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egresnow (Post 16741876)
As shitty as the offer sounds, it's kinda a big risk for him too. But if he is taking 75% in return, what is he contributing? Clients? Prospects? Computer? Place?

Honestly, if i were you, ill just take it. When you are SO DAMN GOOD, you can call it quits after you pay off, take the money you earned AND saved, and start your own business by yourself, doing web admin or whatever is beneficial for you.

Reward comes to those who doesnt give up and try out things the right way(not the stubborn way)

Yes, my friend told me that too. But 75% to him is only basically nothing. Computer no, He will pass me a phone he doesn't use and that is it. Clients and prospects I can find. Place he wont be offering it to me. So I will stay put at my current place first.

bro you know 25% more can cost about 2-5k a month. Sigh

Suchos 03-12-2017 06:51 PM

Brother egresnow is right. Another option is to find an investor here who is willing to invest on you. You can try posting on other thread. If you do not mind revealing how much will you be generating once the site is stable over this post, if the return is good. I am sure many brothers will want to pump in 8k just for that.

hamsapkwai 04-12-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angusb (Post 16724830)
hello bro,

i can offer you 10k . please pm me to discuss

It's good to see some brothers willing to step up to the plate to help. There's hope in this world after all