View Single Post
Old 20-05-2016, 09:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 272 / Power: 18
aris is one of the Best!aris is one of the Best!aris is one of the Best!
Re: Taking public transport to cheong places in johor bahru thread

Just sharing my experience to VIP spa via public transport.

Went to Queen's Street first.
It's walkable from Bugis MRT actually... behide Sim Lim Tower.

The price is now SGD3.30. Supposedly have EZlink option, though not sure where to tap. I paid in cash instead. The above pic is where you pay.

Immigration is normal... Just remember to keep the receipt so that you can board back the Causeway Link yellow buses to cross the causeway.

Now the big challenge (for me). Taking Johor public bus. Quite lost as the place a bit chaotic. There are several bays... and I thought the bay numbers were bus numbers. lol. Went to bay 10 to look for 10b, etc.

Actually, the numbers for the bus is written just below the big bay number.

Finally saw 227 which is a bus I can take. Went up paid 1.30 to Plaza Sentosa. This price, no change. The bus numbers are quite small and harder to find than Singapore buses. But as long as you know what bus you want, should be no problem.

Next problem... how to know when to alight? I got my google map (saved offline map, no data plan also can use), and find the bus stop on the map. Wah lan.. the bus stops damn far away... I alight and see still have to walk very far.... and THEN! nabei... google map don't have all the johor bus stops. I should have alighted after 2 more stop instead of the one which google map should have stop. Anyway, lesson learned.

Their bus-stop quite ugly color one... forgot to take photo, but you should be able to know them once you see one. Btw, there is NO information on the bus-stops. No idea what bus stops at the bustop there. On my way back, by luck, 10b comes along and I waved and it stops, bringing me back to JB sentral.

All bus only accept exact change. Can pay more of course... because I have exhausted all my change liao. Next time, pay 2 riggit for 1.30 trip.

From JB checkpoint, buy ticket for CW2 back to queen's st terminal. The price is 3.40 ringgit. Same thing, keep the ticket so that you can board back the bus after Singapore checkpoint.

... end of sharing.