Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 27 / Power: 0
Hurricane deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Poi Pet (Cambodia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifier
hi bro Hurricane,
I myself had travelled from Bkk - Poipet - Siem Reap - Phnom Penh and back to Bangkok. I actually want to go to Ho Chin Minh City but give up due to lack of time. I think it is adventurous of u to cover the 4 cities in a single trip and I saluate u for that. You are the man. There is no harm doing that as there are many backpackers who had done that. Just do your home work , bring a good guide book (my favourite is Lonely Planet) and remember to apply for the necessary visa. Lastly, all you need is time. I think for your trip, to really appreciate the journey and the destination, it is advisable to go on at least 3 weeks.

Bro Lucifier,
Thanks for your information. Really appreciate your effort to write down so much details. I think you're quite lucky in your trip as you've 2 more ppl with you. It's much easier because you can split the cost. For me, i always to deal with these stuffs alone. Also can't take up those offers (esp for air tickets) for package for 2 or 4 pax. Otherwise, I would have fly into Siem Reap and save all the troubles. The ticket to Cambodia would cost me near to S$800 by Silkair. No choice but to travel on road.

Actually, I have been to several backpacking trips lasting from 3 weeks to 3 months. But, in my opinion, non of them will be as dangerous as this one. Worst, I'm travelling alone. That's why I really have to do extra homework to cover my ass. Thanks again for your info.