View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 534 / Power: 0
Lone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of lightLone_Wolf is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat007 View Post
What I really want to try is just take the taxi and at the end, just pay a nominal price. Will be very interesting to see how the driver reacts. So far, never try because end of the day, you are not in your home ground. Why make one more enemy?
Many years ago I had to "rescue" a fellow cheongster who did precisely the same thing. He was a familiar face whom I had seen regularly coz we often take the same ferry timing on our trips but I never had a chance to talk to him as he always has a cheong buddy.

One day I was having lunch at the coffeesop when I heard a commotion outside. Like all the other kaypoh customers I went outside to see wats the commotion about. An Indon man was spewing vulgarities and waving a machete at the cheongster. Upon recognising him I decided to calm the man down and slowtalk him into putting away his machete. Then I found out he was angry because the cheongster refused to pay him the full amount after hiring his taxi for the whole day.

The cheongster kept insisting because the driver keep answering "biasa" when he enquired the price so he felt it is up to him to pay any amount he wished.