View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 167 / Power: 15
Mas Joki is a Helpful and Caring SamsterMas Joki is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Y.1 View Post
Generalise view of taxi supirs (drivers) in Batam are that when first few times when engaging their servis they will so called "stand up'' for their tamus (customers)

Looking out for your interest as if to safe guard your $$$ by bargaining for you here and there to garner your trust

But at the meantime profiling your expenditure & spending power ( $ spend on your cewe , type of joints you go , eatery places , hotels you book and etc)

Being Sinagporeans unlike the Malaysians who can speak and understand Bahasa Indonesia, the SIngaporean customer tends to feel a sense of security from the supir

Somehow like "hmmm I'm in a foreign land with minimal understanding of the language and here is a Good Samaritan aka taxi supirs " looking out for my interest"

Once your trust is locked then you''ll face the consequences of being betrayed

Batam taxi supirs are the worst in Indonesia saying out from experinces in moving around various parts in Indonesia

The are VULTURES awating to pounce on your $$$ at the slightest chance they get

Bonding will taxi supirs
is A BIG NO NO

Don't say Pak didn't warn you

ps When taxi supirs tells you that they never take komission from joints and that they don't want ubat in Discotheques is just utter Big Time BuLLsHit
Pak P, I fully agree of what you said about supirs in Batam. I wanted to voice my concern long ago about some bros paying the supirs big taxi fares and booking commission but afraid to offence them. Taxi supirs in Batam cannot be trusted. They will chop you when you are least expected it. Me too have bad expriences with taxi supir. So, nowadays, I usually take Metro van from Harbour Bay to Nagoya or Jodoh area unless I am on the rush or when it is raining. Always take taxi from the road side and pay Rp15/20K within Nagoya town. Don’t take taxi to any booking joint. Let the ceweks have more earning. Use supir’s commission to bring the cewek for a good seafood, pay them better tips and if possible, buy them a little gift but don’t spoil them. If you can afford to pay juta RP for booking, pay them directly to OKT and without the supir taking the bite.

Hopefully, Pak P advice can let all cheonging bros a wakeup call.

"Life is short. Enjoy while you can"
Remember the saying : "One man meat is another man poison".
There is a chinese saying “人不为己,天诛地灭”.