Thread: Issue with ICA
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 310 / Power: 17
Schenker is one of the Best!Schenker is one of the Best!Schenker is one of the Best!Schenker is one of the Best!
Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivcale View Post
I have been dating a girl on a student pass for sometime and fell in love. she is a decent girl from a good family in heilongjiang, and we wanted to commit. (dear concerned brothers, thanks and I am quite sure she did no vice nor crime ever...)

However, she was unable to come back to renew for her student pass for her last semester in Jan as her passport was stolen while she was overseas. By the time the private school in Singapore helped her to renew her passport, the student pass was rejected. ICA dont give reason for any rejections. The school also informed me that for this year, there was a large number of rejections for many of their students, even those with last semester. We also applied many social visit passes by March, which were all rejected.

By July (after trip to visit her parents), I applied for ROM notification and gave this reason for social visit pass. And yet it was rejected.
By the time I visited my MP for appeal, I realised I made a grave mistake earlier, by answering "Yes" to a stupid question, which shld be "NO".
(rejection of social visit pass is NOT "yes" to "have u ever been refused entry to singapore....)

So now, I still dont know if this is the reason or what reason for ICA to keep on denying her entry..... its very irritating because it took me 5months just to realised I misunderstood and answered a question wrongly...

I find the lack of reason very difficult for us, even though they may have their reasons why not to give reasons.....
Quote:
i trust her, plus her family background is damn good. right now, from my interviews with ICA and stuff, I know its not illegal stuff and I think I suspect its "poison letters" stuff (either ex-bf or old roommates, pretty bad blood plus ICA keep asking me if I knew where she stayed before).

thanks to bros here, I know I am unable to find out the specific reason liao, since they will give SOP reply (so no point confronting her old friends)

so trying to see how can I write my appeal in such a way for ICA to give us the benefits of doubt
Let's study a little bit in depth for your situation.

I try to re-visit your first post dated 18-08-2011, 11:04 PM, page 40.

From the second para in bold, she lost her passport while in overseas. How long and when is the duration of the travel? One month before the expiry of her student pass? Did she attempt to make a replacement passport after reporting the loss? Any report or statement that she has as proof to show to ICA? How does she return Singapore then? Wait for her singapore private school to renew on her behalf and sent it to her?

When her student pass is rejected by ICA, what's her academics progress prior to rejection? Any frequent absence in attendance during school term?

I think apart from her background which I find no problem at this time, the biting point seems to be you jump straight to ROM after her student pass is rejected. The wrong answers that you have erroneously input, should not be the main reasons for the rejection.

Quote:

the only thing is that the r/s of my fiance and me is under strain as long distance plus endless stress from the ICA matters.

1 problem I face with ICA is the different answers i get from different department. social visit pass application got this question
"have u ever entered singapore using a different passport or name?"

i entered "yes" as my gf entered before using a different passport number (old one was lost), however 1 officer told me shld be "no" as it is still the same passport tagged to her name, just change number.
then interview, the visa entry officer told me should be "yes" coz different passport...

wah liew. i damn lost, and decided to walk off, and try to draft the letter instead.
I now turn to your post in page 41 above, if she is able to funish a report or statement of loss of her passport as proof to ICA, your problem should not be that complicated.