Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 11 / Power: 0
WillyL deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Poi Pet (Cambodia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane
I have been pondering over the route to take to Siem Reap from BK over the past few days. It's great to hear from ppl who had travelled along the Poipet route before. Guys, thanks for sharing your experiences here!! In fact, after reading the articles from the Tales of Asia, I'm thinking it may be better idea to fly into HCMC and move into Phnom Penh (i.e via the Viet-Cambodian border), Siem Reap and finally cross the border at Poipet to Bangkok. I read that it's less problematic to get from Poipet to Bangkok. Hope this is true. Anybody has any comment/advice on this ?? Thanks !!!

Oh, btw, if you are wondering what's the hack I'm doing....I'm just trying to visit the 4 cities - BK, Siem Reap, PP and HCMC on a single trip.

Sorry WillyL, need to borrow your thread to ask for some advice. Thanks.
At the Cambodia border, there will be people who are willing to fill up you visa for you. Pay them 100 or 200 bahts and things will go smoothly. The first time I was there I was misled by my Thai friend that I did not need a visa. When I tried to cross the Thai border back to Bangkok, I was asked to return to Cambodia. Since I did not get a visa I was told that I had overstayed by four days. In the end I have to pay for the visa (1,000 bahts) and fined 2,000 bahts (500 bahts for one day) for overstaying and another 300 bahts for administrative charges. What an experience. So be sure to apply for a visa at the Cambodia border. Best wishes for the coming trip. You will thoroughly enjoy it because it is something different.