View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Sex Health Issue Summary Thread -Updating

Retrograde ejaculation
source here

Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen enters the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors
The main reason for retrograde ejaculation is that the bladder neck does not close. This causes semen to go backwards into the bladder rather than forward out of the penis.
Retrograde ejaculation may also be caused by:

- Diabetes
- Some medications, including drugs used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and some mood-altering drugs
- Surgery to the prostate or urethra

The condition is uncommon.

Symptoms
Cloudy urine after orgasms
Little or no semen is released during ejaculation

Signs and tests
A urinalysis that is taken soon after ejaculation will show a large amount of sperm in the urine.

Treatment
Your health care provider may recommend that you stop taking a drug if it is causing your retrograde ejaculation. This can make the problem go away.
Retrograde ejaculation that is caused by diabetes or surgery may be treated with medications such as pseudoephedrine or imipramine.

Expectations (prognosis)
If retrograde ejaculation is caused by medications, stopping the drug will often bring back normal ejaculation. If retrograde ejaculation is caused by surgery or diabetes, it is often not correctable.

Complications
The condition may cause infertility. However, semen can often be removed from the bladder and used during assistive reproductive techniques to achieve a pregnancy.

Calling your health care provider
Call for an appointment with your health care provider if you are having trouble conceiving a child or you are worried about retrograde ejaculation.

Prevention
Maintaining good blood sugar control may help prevent this condition in men who have diabetes. Avoiding drugs that cause retrograde ejaculation will also prevent this condition.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here

Last edited by Big Sexy; 07-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.