Old 24-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
fukumoto deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Lightbulb Re: This is why we must have death penalty

When i was in Singapore, I used to think life is Singapore is full of shit. This one cannot that one cannot, this one death penalty, that one death penalty. Then my whole opinion of Singapore change, the moment i step into this place call THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITIAN. I sometimes wonder why these places are what we call advanced countries whereby the law can allowed them to smoke cannabis and some of my friends even GROW CANNABIS in their room. (Penalty for that, a couple of hours of community service). And they dont get fine for littering in public because it is their RIGHT TO DO SO. Therefore u walk on the road after every fri and sat nite seeing all the broken beer bottles plus puke from the MERLIONs
When Singapore decided to hang the Australian, the Human Right organisation protested and held out the statistic that SIngapore has the HIGHEST rate of execution compared to the population rate.
But compared to these places, I believe that alot of Singaporeans are living a much more safer and cleaner environment. All of these for just abit of rights taken away from us? I seriously think it is much more worthwhile. The last thing i did was to make a mockery of Birtish by pasting some of CNB poster in my kitchen notice board and Ministry of Environment Clean Toilet campagin Poster in my flat's toilet. I hope they get what i mean