View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

What does "getting custody, care and control" of my children mean? Who can get "custody, care and control" of my children? What is the difference between "custody" and "access"?

Having "custody" means that you will have the power to make major decisions in the child's life, such as education, medical treatment and religious upbringing of the child. Either you or your spouse can have sole custody of your children. Alternatively, you and your spouse may have "joint custody" of the children. This means that you and your spouse will have to make joint decisions on the major issues in the child's life.
Both parents can have joint custody, but usually only one parent will have "care and control". Having "care and control" means that the child will live with you, and you will have the power to make the day-to-day decisions that affect the child's life, such as what time he goes to bed at night. Sometimes, "care and control" of the child may be given to a person who is not the child's parent, such as a grandmother or aunt.

Access is the right of the non-custodial parent (the parent who does not stay with the children) to see the children.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here