Thread: Foreigner Wife!
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1102 / Power: 22
Rof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud ofRof|maoxz has much to be proud of
Re: Foreigner Wife!

For those holding P1, P2, Q1 and Q2 passes. (Q2 pass chance of applying PR quite slow, seriously)

Singapore Permanent Residents

Eligibility

Employment Pass ( P or Q Pass ) Holders and Investors/Entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs):

Documents Required

(1) Valid Employment Pass (P or Q Pass) Holder

Original travel documents/affidavits and photocopies of pages that reflect personal particulars, official descriptions and Singapore Immigration endorsements.
Identity Card, if applicable.
Work Pass
Professional membership certificates and all vocational trade certificates (for graduates, two photocopies of degree certificates/diploma are required).
Official Marriage Certificate.
Official household census list or family register, if applicable.
Testimonials from previous employers stating the nature and duration of employment and also the last drawn salary.
Education certificates and Identity Card of spouse.
Official Birth Certificates of applicant and spouse.
Official Birth Certificates of children showing both parents and the child's names.
Death Certificate or Divorce Certificate and the Custody Papers for the children in respect of applicant/spouse's previous marriage, if any.
CPF Statement on the past 12 months' contributions and Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years, where applicable.
A male applicant can include his wife and unmarried children (below 21 years old) in his application. On the other hand, a female applicant can only include her unmarried children (below 21 years old). Her husband will have to apply for permanent residence on his own merits.

(2) Investors / Entrepreneur

Applicable to foreign investors with substantial capital and good entrepreneurial track records. Such foreigners may apply for permanent residence under the S$1.5 million Deposit Scheme.

Fees

The fee for an Entry Permit is $100 and the fee for a Re-Entry Permit is $10 per year. For foreigners requiring a visa, the visa fee is $20 per issue.

Processing Time

The processing time for an application is 6 months. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by

mail. Applicant should notify us if there are any changes in their address.

Important Notes

Please ensure that the original documents, official translation (if the document is not in the English Language) and a copy of all documents are produced to immigration officers. Insufficient documents may result in non-acceptance of application. Additional documents to support the application may be required.

Commonly-asked Questions

(1) Am I required to apply for a Singapore Blue Identity Card (SBIC) if I am a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)?

Yes. All SPRs are required to apply for a SBIC within 30 days after becoming a SPR. Children below 15 years of age are not required to apply for SBICs.

(2) My application for SPR has been approved. Where can I go for my medical examination?

You may go to any registered local general practitioners for your medical examination.

(3) I am a SPR. My Employment Pass/ Work Permit is expiring soon. Am I required to renew my pass?

As a SPR, you are not required to apply for any working pass in order to work here. However, it does not exempt you from having to apply for registration or any other conditions stipulated by the respective professional bodies.

(4) I am a SPR but is currently not working in Singapore. Can I apply for SPR for my dependants?

You may submit an application for our consideration on a case-by-case basis.

(5) Must I remain in Singapore while the application is still in process?

No, you are free to travel during the processing time.

(6) What if I do not/cannot produce the required supporting documents, e.g. Income Tax Notice of Assessment, Central Provident Fund Contributions?

You have to provide a written explanation on why you are unable to produce the documents.

(7) Must my wife and children come in person to collect the EP/ REP?

No, they do not need to come in person if their sponsor is collecting the EP/ REP on their behalf, otherwise a letter of authorisation stating the person's name and ID no. (NRIC no.) is required.

(8) If my wife/ children do not have a passport, can I still apply SPR for them?

A travel document is a prerequisite for SPR application.

(9)What if I cannot produce my original passport, can I produce a photocopy?

A certified true copy of your passport showing the personal particulars and expiry date is acceptable for the purpose of processing.

(10) Do I need an employer's sponsorship to apply for SPR?

No, it is not a prerequisite.

(11)Can I apply for PR immediately after working here?

You can submit an application so long as you are on any working pass.

Vietnamese Wife in Singapore

Foreigner Wife's matter.

Need Info on PRC Visa etc

Last edited by Rof|maoxz; 24-01-2005 at 01:45 PM.