The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 13
localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
receive spore channel 8. The effect of TV broadcast is very powerful.
Another example is if you notice the Chinese in Johor bahru usually speak mandarin like spore Chinese.

But in kuala lumpur & Ipoh the Chinese tend to talk in Cantonese.

And further north in Penang the Chinese converse in hokkien.

The reason is simple Johor Bahru is in close proximity to spore therefore can receive spore TV channels but not for KL and Penang ..
Old 28-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 254 / Power: 13
micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!

(I call it) "Kampung Medan" (LOOOOOL)
=============================
(Due to photo-attachment limitations, FR to be spread over a few posts)

Speciality : All food Medan - meepangsit, kwetiau/mee/beehoon siram/goreng, satay, nasi(-whatever), chapchye, sayur, babi, ayam, rendang, etc

Stalls : Rony, Lipu, Momo

Other delicacies : Amigo Ice Shop

Clientele : Christians (pork) and Indo-chinese

Caution : Muslims - *ASK* first if what you want to order is HALAL, irregardless.

Day-time and night-time totally a world of difference. The place comes alive
after 6pm. People eating Momo's noodles, Rony's nasi/kwetiau goreng and satays, and the chap-chye dishes.

The place is owned by chinese-Medan and they sell drinks.

Left : Goreng/Siram stall. Right : Grill stall
(dishes are printed on the stalls as banners,signages)

Chap-chye stall. Speciality : Nasi Sayur

Momo meepangsit. Photo taken much earlier on the same day.

Facing Momo, to the right :

Just opened 2 months ago, and friends have already asked me to try - including Momo himself.
Old 28-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 137 / Power: 14
Seth El Nino deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuySeth El Nino deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmac888 View Post
LOOOL.... already tried. local friends (and not just afew) also tried. He can't do it (his own words) :

a. requires different apparatus (BBQ pit/stove/charcoal), skillset, for sure experience (after he understood from me (didn't and won't give exact details) how Anah does the BBQ), and more space
Back in the late 90s when i was young, yummy stingrays were commonly found in sgp. Tender juicy meat with hot spicy sambal chilli well-spread on top. I was staying in AMK then and there was this hawker centre selling such stingrays. My family wld order 3 or 4 stingrays and each of us wld fill up at least 2-3 bowls of rice. Those were the days. Nowadays, even if u find stingrays at kopitiam or hawkers, they are usually cooked by PRCs, hard & bland meat with stingy amt of chilli.

So in my last trip, was actually very looking forward to anah stingrays coz yummy stingrays are a rarity in sgp nowadays. But not complaining as marine live seafood surely serve as equally yummy alternative to anah stingrays with its wide & tasty variety. Shall be looking forward again to anah soon!!!
Old 28-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Samster

micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!micmac888 is one of the Best!

Rony Kwetiau
===========
Operating Hours : 1400-2300hrs. Everyday.

Boss . Uses 2 hands to cook. Each hand holding a long spatula - like a guy with 2 tentacles. The “stove” is chucked full of charcoal with pressured gas to blast the charcoal and fire up the “stove” (it’s a combination of blast furnace and charcoal – cooks fast to serving customers quicker and yet, got "wok hei").

We knew we couldn’t try everything in one sitting – there was just too much on offer. So our attention was on Rony. We ordered “Horfun” which is Kwetiau Siram, and Rony’s top dish – Nasi Goreng Petai. When asked what his most expensive dish was, looooool – Nasi Goreng @ RP25K, all others being under RP25K. OK.

The dishes came :

Grilled Corn : RP12K, Satay 5 x Chicken + 5 x Pork + Lontong: RP25K

Kwetiau Siram : RP22K, Nasi Goreng Petai : RP25K, Beef Rendang : RP25K

Total : RP109K (2 of us only finished half of everything.. we were too full.. the nasi goreng was too much but yet too good ! LOL)

Need to mention :

Nasi Goreng Petai (**MANTAP**) -- Don’t let the photo fool you as I didn’t take a side-photo. That plate of Nasi Goreng can serve 2 hungry guys alone! The Nasi Goreng was just too much for us. The fried rice was tasty, not oily, not dry, beady and “Q-Q” – great texture. Difficult to find such texture in any country – it’s either too oily or too dry or too hard or lumpy. The aroma…… wallow… the “wok hei” + the Petai + deep fried shallot-skins… … just makes one feel hungry/hungrier/hungriest.

*AGAIN* - I felt something missing – not complete.. missing that tiny touch of something… until my partner added the ceba-acar (chili achar, the red arrow in the photo). MANTAP LA! KNN! This delicately sweet, sour, tangy , spicy condiment sealed the deal ! *All* disparate tastes mixing and changing from one taste to another and, blending with the “wok hei” + petai-fragrance + shallot , with the beady “Q-Q” nasi goreng soy/black/salt seasonings. I fell in love with fried rice again.

Horfun / Kwetiau Siram - the gravy was alright. However, strangely, I noted that the Kwetiau here is *thicker* than the Kwetiau at A2. And because of that, the kwetiau is “more chewy” . Side note : I added the ceba-acar and wow – tastes delicately swung from one to another yet base flavour unchanged. Solid.

After our meal, Rony came to our table asked us for our opinion (likely is bcs I was taking photos). Told him the Nasi was very nice, the “Horfun” was alright. And that the ceba-acar nailed the (nasi) goreng. Loool. He replied that for kwetiau – his customers here mainly order KweTiau Goreng Kangkong Belachan. (mmm ok will try it next time I come).

We were very full. But we went on to try Amigo which is ~15m from Rony.

Last edited by micmac888; 28-08-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 28-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Samster

Amigo Ice Shop
=============
Operating Hours : 1200-2200hrs, everyday.
Remarks : Opened for 2 months at time of this post

Conclusion : Recommended place to go for snow-dessert in batam-center.Go for the durian snow dessert

1. We were already (too) full from dinner (Rony). I dun try food when I’m too full. Cuz, If it’s delicious – I just can’t finish and it’s a damn shame.

2. The best snow dessert I ever had was 20 years ago at Plaza Pelangi in JB (Msia). That stall vanished. Since then, none has come close to it.

3. I am not a ice+syrup dessert guy.

Went in, asked the boss (speaks surprisingly fluent mandarin – likely Malaysian) about this durian snow dessert. Says it’s his best seller. So ordered one, and another – mixed fruits.

Mixed Fruit : RP16K, Durian : RP18K

Firstly, the ice ! It was very soft … it was softer and finer than real snow... softer than the one I had 20 years ago …. For a few seconds, I was in a state of confusion … (“how is it that soft !?”)

Scooped a piece of the flesh , with the chocolate syrup/condensed milk snow , put in my mouth ….. PPHAARK.. Mmmeee.. SYDEWEIZZZZ.... ..Wat..the…phhhaarrrkkk ~~~~~~!!! My senses went into overdrive : screw my full stomach.. I gorged on the durian snow dessert .. didn’t talk … I just kept eating …. The soft snow texture… combined with the “ooomph”, aroma and taste of a real durian… together with the chocolate syrup… and coupled with the “snow”-condensed milk. The condensed milk wasn't (too) sweet as ice is water and further countered by the bitter from the chocolate syrup. Wonderful combination.

real durian

And because it gets really cold in the mouth .. I had to stop eating new spoonful once-often. And when I do, the sensations lingered *longer* : the snow melting in my mouth and flavours playing around with one another… chewing on the durian flesh – enjoying the aromas same time. Take in a new spoonful again - sensations and tastes become *stronger* ... a continuous cycle... it is sadistic.... It is beautiful...

(Can't have this kind of sensation with crushed ice or big-grained ice - cuz one will tend to chew the ice. Only very fine ice completely-melts almost immediately in mouth)

We finished that bowl in under 5 mins. But we found out that 5 mins was too long for the mixed fruits dessert – the snow started to change to the blocky ice(-kachang). Learnt something new.

I am going to eat this durian dessert *very, very often*

ENJOY!!!

Last edited by micmac888; 28-08-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 28-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 252 / Power: 13
localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!localbest is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
I like Santaria!
Also ayam bakar is good. Perfect for a snack late at night. They also prepare a variety of "Es", which are good to refresh the mouth..
Agree, late night better to avoid carbo, meat with beer as a snack shiok.

jus semangka (watermelon) and jus manga (mango) are my favourite drink there as it can quench thirst....

(after having done too much licking and sucking on the bed!)

Quote:
Santaria is my favorite place to bring girls I meet in Newton or No Name, say after 3am, before proceeding to my room, because it's good, it's in front of Formosa, and it's open 24/24. Wifi is also rather fast..
Yes, it is like a mini Windsor foodcourt where you can savour nice seafood in the wee hours within walking distance from our favourite Formosa !

Quote:
The old Chinese uncle is not so old. Just not young ok... He's a good guy.
For at least one year, during all my visits to Batam, I kept wondering what was the annoying repeated automatic "music", which I heard all nights there, like a "musical box". One night I understood it was the boss, hypnotized by his small vintage electronic game. He never stopped that for months, according to what they told me.
Last time I was there he wasn't playing though.
Probably was strip poker electronic game ?

Ya, notice he treated his workers very well and his business is always good.
Old 28-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 11
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon7777777 View Post
I was quoted more than that when I stayed at Harris Waterfront after I missed the free shuttle service.
You have proven your point to me that once another person which in this case is a taxi driver knowing that you are in a lowerhand (since you miss the shuttle bus),they will "slaughter" you. Thats why i try to ALWAYS have a plan B,or at least build one to prevent myself getting into such situation. So that i will not be held ransom by anyone.

Taxi service alternative if all else fail (for me) :

https://www.sammyboyforum.com/showpost.p...ostcount=31232

Quote:
Just recently during my stay at Amaris Nagoya, took a taxi to BCS at 20k but on the way back, the mafia like row of taxis in front of BCS demanded 40k!!! with the chief complaining that I was stingy.
Wow! I am not sure how far it is from Amaris to BCS,but I have never taken a taxi from anywhere around Nagoya at 20k before,you are amazing!! My lowest is 30k cab fare around Nagoya area.

Wait,i did an experiment somewhere beginning of 2015 by telling one of the taxi driver outside Formosa hotel that i have no money left to pay him and ask him to send me to Harbour Bay,and he did. When i return back to Batam again from Sillypore the following month,i paid him back. It still cost me 50k tho...lol...which i paid him out of good-will w/o him asking for it then.

Quote:
When taking the taxi to Harbour Bay from Nagoya, taxi driver demanded another 20k for entrance/car park charges on top of the agreed price at $40k. Gave me a very black face when I refused.
20k for entrance to car park?? I think taxi driver tries to day-light rob you. What i did is when they reach the car park entrance,i will pull out 2k and pay for the taxi driver before he pays,hehehe...i often took the front seat of the car and when i took my money out from my "small notes" pouch,i am often able to divert the taxi driver's attention to it,hehehe...so i am able to foot the 2k bill faster than he does to the car park gate attendant.

It goes to tell him, i am not the 1st time in Batam.

Quote:
Thank you very much for all the useful tips at the forum here
I am also learning as i am typing. My useful tips are mainly taken from the senior and helpful bros in this forum,i collect most of them and then use it in my Batam trips and later shares them here.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info

Old 28-08-2015, 01:48 PM
Samster

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1531 / Power: 10
miumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant futuremiumiu6464 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
Some parts of Indonesia like in Java or Sumatra whereby most of the Indonesian Chinese are unable to converse in mandarin are due to the fact that Chinese language are not allowed to be learnt in school, until recently few years ago.

However majority of the chinese in riau islands especially the 4Bs like batam, bintan, balai, batu can understand and speak fluent mandarin. The reason is because these places are close to spore and are able to receive spore channel 8. The effect of TV broadcast is very powerful. By watching mandarin TV program, they will gradually pick up the language unknowingly.

Just to share a tip : If a person wish to learn a language, by just looking at the language book translation is not effective. The person may forget after some time if the words that he learned was not put into practice.

However if the person frequently watch a TV/video program of the new language, he/she will be able to learn and absorb the new language faster because not only he/she sees the subtitles, hear the pronounciation of the speaker and he/she also watch the drama in action. His sense of sight and hearing are used concurrently.

Therefore if you want to learn bahasa, the best way is to watch Indonesian drama series or sinetron spoken in bahasa with subtitles, which there are plenty in the youtube.

Besides, once you master the basics, try to start speaking with your cewek, supir, okt, vendors, strangers, etc so that exchange conversation can help you to remember the language easier. Do not be afraid that you may speak wrongly. Because success always start with failure...
Very good advice when it comes to learning a foreign language. Songs, may I add, is also another avenue when you can pick up a language, especially those lingo spoken by the people vs those taught in books.
Old 28-08-2015, 03:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 26 / Power: 0
Arilus deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Sian..how come the most exchange rate I can get is 995 000 to 100...
Old 28-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Samster

nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilus View Post
Where did you change your money?

Anyway,it should be around 9970/SGD now, at this min of my post.

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 28-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 26 / Power: 0
Arilus deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I go ard the shops near nagoya hills as well as near formosa..
Old 28-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Samster

Quote:
I go ard the shops near nagoya hills as well as near formosa..
I think today getting 9950/SGD should be pretty normal.

The rates over the last few days should be around 9900/SGD to 10k/SGD. Noit forgetting in my trip last week i got between 9820/SGD to 9850/SGD. To me,you already have a good deal,hehehe...the difference in the next few days (cos its weekends) wont be too far apart unless you plan to change S$1000 to S$2000,hehehe...

May you have a good trip.

Enjoy and cheers!

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

Old 28-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 67 / Power: 15
1stClass deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
I think 995k is good enough lah. I got mine at 1M, just 5k diff which is 50cents. Unless you're telling you changing in thousands then it shouldn't matter much..
Old 28-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
qwerty132 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Any bro in batam now? Thinking of heading there alone now.. heh
Old 28-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1374 / Power: 12
KohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud ofKohOnly21 has much to be proud of

Rate at 10,000 (2 shop offering the same) yesterday night 8+pm.

Found a special 380k Batamfast ticket source, usually Batamfast ticket that can only use at Btm Center/Sekupang cost roughly 300k. This 380k Batamfast ticket can be use at any terminal including Harbourbay.

The timing of Batamfast at Harbourbay as follow:

Harbourfront to HarbourBay (SG Timing),

09:10
11:50
18:15
21:10

HarbourBay to Harbourfront (Indonesia Timing),

09:30
14:15
19:00

Latest ferry (SG time 10.20) to return from Batam to Singapore. Ideal timing for 1 day visitor or those who miss Batam very much.

ETA back to SG at SG Time: 11.10pm

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1
Closed Thread