The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 20-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 51 / Power: 12
chemist deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: HIV screening info

Will the antibodies test for HIV detection done at 3 months and 6 months after having sex with the WL be accurate?
Old 20-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

if it is done properly by a trained person then 6 month is conclusive..
however, if you have gotten the DIY test kit online then the result probably wont be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Will the antibodies test for HIV detection done at 3 months and 6 months after having sex with the WL be accurate?

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 20-05-2014, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

The window period for HIV testing is a complex topic. The problem is you have people writing official guidelines that are intentionally over conservative. This is usually to serve an agenda of discouraging high risk behaviours and legally protecting their backsides. This unfortunately is not a true reflection of real world science and stats. Also unfortunately, while doctors want to give you advice based on real world science, our balls are held fast by the people who write these guidelines. Woe befalls he who goes against the guidelines. Mix this in with the fact that there are at least 6 different types of HIV tests out there with multiple companies making their own test kits each with its own performance characteristics and you get a huge mess of confusing numbers ranging from 10 days to 1 year. In Singapore, officially a HIV test is conclusive if conducted by a trained medical professional using a 3rd Generation ELISA test for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies conducted at 3 months from the date of possible infection.
Old 20-05-2014, 04:08 PM

DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Forgot to mention: the only test kit approved for home HIV testing by the US FDA (not Singapore's HSA) is the OraQuick. The sensitivity of the OraQuick has been reported to be as low as 98% in low prevalence settings.
Old 22-05-2014, 08:39 PM

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
sakuragi14 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi guys

last week i had my first bbbj and protected sex with a FL.
my arm is very 酸 for the past 2 days. is this the symptoms for HIV?
i really feel very depressed over this and i really regretted to visit at FL.
Old 24-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 110 / Power: 11
Satos43 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuySatos43 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuragi14 View Post
Hi guys

Well bro, you probably should stay away from FL and such. I do understand your feelings though. My first and only time, I was so worried about HIV that I tested 3 times for HIV which was thankfully negative and now stick to PCC.

If the condom didn't break, you are extremely safe from HIV though as always, not 100% but the chances of getting it if you used protection is extremely low. Consider that unprotected vaginal sex is about 1/1000 chance and you can see how low you get.

2 days is also extremely early for any HIV symptoms to appear so relax. If you truly want to feel at ease, go for a test. Recommend HIV P24 test that can be done with Dr Tan. It's a bit pricier but at 28 days, it will be conclusive.

As for BBBJ, you can still catch some STD's from it though again, HIV is extremely low. Recommend you get a screening for all and stay away from WL and such. The anxiety and such waiting for at least a month to do a test far outweighs the few moments of pleasure.
Old 24-05-2014, 10:10 PM

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
sakuragi14 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satos43 View Post
Well bro, you probably should stay away from FL and such. I do understand your feelings though. My first and only time, I was so worried about HIV that I tested 3 times for HIV which was thankfully negative and now stick to PCC.

If the condom didn't break, you are extremely safe from HIV though as always, not 100% but the chances of getting it if you used protection is extremely low. Consider that unprotected vaginal sex is about 1/1000 chance and you can see how low you get.

2 days is also extremely early for any HIV symptoms to appear so relax. If you truly want to feel at ease, go for a test. Recommend HIV P24 test that can be done with Dr Tan. It's a bit pricier but at 28 days, it will be conclusive.

As for BBBJ, you can still catch some STD's from it though again, HIV is extremely low. Recommend you get a screening for all and stay away from WL and such. The anxiety and such waiting for at least a month to do a test far outweighs the few moments of pleasure.
Thanks bro. i will do a test probably 2 weeks later.
Old 26-05-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuragi14 View Post
Hi guys

First of all your risk of contracting HIV is pretty low. Not zero but pretty low. Secondly, numbness in the arm is not a typical ARS symptom. Thirdly, even if it was, 1 week post exposure is far too early for HIV symptoms to appear. All in all, you are probably scaring yourself.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 827 / Power: 16
maxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to beholdmaxsee is a splendid one to behold

So doc, how many HIV cases have you encounter before? What are the patients initial reaction when they found out that they are infected with HIV?

色不异空,空不异色,色即是空,空即是色 .....

Going for FL is like going to the tiger's cave, can u be 100% sure u are safe...Read up on HIV Stigmas
http://www.avert.org/hiv-aids-stigma...rimination.htm
Old 06-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Samster

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1059 / Power: 13
ahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud ofahha2011 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
First of all your risk of contracting HIV is pretty low. Not zero but pretty low. Secondly, numbness in the arm is not a typical ARS symptom. Thirdly, even if it was, 1 week post exposure is far too early for HIV symptoms to appear. All in all, you are probably scaring yourself.
To check.. If std (herpes, or others) doesn't have Relapse during medical check up, will the result show positive? Or for medical checkup for change job , will they check as we'll?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:05 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

it depends on the type of std u have.. some std are cleared once you clear them from your body.. others stay with you for life..e.g there is no cure for herpes. if you have it, it is for life so even if you have no outbreak for a long time, test will still turn out positive.

u need to elaborate on your other point. some job does require u to go for health check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahha2011 View Post
To check.. If std (herpes, or others) doesn't have Relapse during medical check up, will the result show positive? Or for medical checkup for change job , will they check as we'll?

Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Samster

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21 / Power: 0
misterdark deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

First time posting here,
In a moment of folly, I got myself into quite the sticky situation when I brought a girl home from the club and had a ONS.
We had protected intercourse but unprotected oral sex. Now I am paranoid about having HIV, I immensely regret what I have done when I was slightly intoxicated and now I keep thinking back to if I might have missed out any detail due to my intoxication.
When is the earliest I can get myself tested to put my mind at ease?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 AM

it is all in the other sticky all u need to know about HIV

the HIV testing/screening options are here

go for PEP if you think you are at high risk and within the period that it is effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdark View Post
When is the earliest I can get myself tested to put my mind at ease?

Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsee View Post
So doc, how many HIV cases have you encounter before? What are the patients initial reaction when they found out that they are infected with HIV?
Sadly, I have diagnosed many many HIV +ve cases. Reactions vary greatly.

The coolest guy I've seen just looked me squarely in the eye and said 'OK. Just tell me what I need to do next.' No emotion, no doubt, no questioning. Just practical, cold, crisis management mode. Truly strength of character.

One young lady I saw just crumbled into a heap on the floor. Fortunately her sister and brother came with her and could help. When she recovered from her catatonia she was completely inconsolable, crying and screaming. Her family had to literally carry her out of the clinic.

There was this guy who was convinced I was joking with him. When I told him the HIV test was +ve he laughed and said 'C'mon! Is this when you tell me this is a joke? When are the people going to jump out and laugh at me? Hahahah!' I had to tell him that I never joke about things like that. And his face fell.

Another guy just freaked out. He kept shouting 'No! No! No!' Banged his head on the wall, screamed into the pillow. When he stormed out of the clinic I had to follow him because I was convinced he was going to kill himself. After a while 'No! No! No!' became 'My beautiful wife! My beautiful wife!' After a long while he called his mother and said 'Mom I f***ed up! I really f***ed up!' and started crying really hard. That was when I knew he would be alright. It's called emotional cartage.

You gave me a good idea. Maybe I should write all these stories down somewhere.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:49 AM

pen it down somewhere here doc, i love such stories
hopefully this will help samsters have a 2nd thought on cheonging

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
You gave me a good idea. Maybe I should write all these stories down somewhere.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1