The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 30-07-2017, 10:34 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2754 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilio2003 View Post
can u tell me how u can help..
When it comes to clinical depression, the cause actually does not matter. Depression can be treated while the actual cause is being addressed at the same time.

Very often the depression remains even after the cause is resolved. In many cases there is no real cause for depression. Something may have triggered the downward spiral but the depression remains long after the trigger ceases to be a factor.

In the old days people with depression were often chastised for the state they were in. "Snap out of it" was the common retort. Being depressed was viewed as a weakness, even more so if the sufferer had no obvious reasons for the melancholy state he/she was in.

Science has advanced considerably in the 21st century and depression is actually a VISIBLE state that can be seen in a pet scan.

Since we now know that depression is actually an "injury" of the brain, new methods have been developed to treat the disease.

There are many approaches when it comes to treatment involving a drug, a combination of drugs, electrotherapy and magnetotherapy.

The difficulty when it comes to treatment is that everyone is different. A drug that works well for one person may well have no effect on another. There is no "one size fits all" approach. That is why it is important for the patient to actually take charge of his/her own treatment. The doctor plays the part of the coach but the patient has to execute the moves of the game.

It is also necessary not to confuse "sadness" and "grief" with depression. The former is part of the human condition. We feel sad when we fail to meet a goal. We feel grief when we lose a loved one. However does not equate to depression. Depression is a physical state of the brain not an emotional response to an external factor(s).

I used to think that depression was difficult to diagnose. I have now found that it is actually very easy. The most obvious sign of depression is the long term loss of interest in the activities that you used to enjoy eg your life long hobbies and your favorite sports. I emphasise "long term" because we all go through highs and lows when it comes to things which interest and motivate us.

If you used to love watching the Premier League but now find that it has done nothing for you for the last 6 months, chances are you could be depressed and further investigation is needed.

I hope this info helps. It won't fix the predicament you are in but for all you know the state of your relationship with your loved ones could be A RESULT of depression rather than the cause of it. Depressed people are very difficult to get along with.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 30-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 111936 / Power: 177
sbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond reputesbf4life has a reputation beyond repute

how about situational depression? it is a very blur line between a state of confusion and a depression. i am not sure a state of confusion is depression actually..and if it is then how to solve it? IMO, Chatting online certainly will not help. medication probably might help, but i doubt it if the underlying problem is not solve.

i once had a session with a counselor.. all she did was listen and then give me some advice and told me to "think" about it (she said no need to tell anyone).. i screwed her up big time telling her if i do not need to tell anyone what i think then why was i there in the first place.. fuck those lousy counselors, they are bloody fools who think they can help but actually couldnt do a thing to improve my situation..

i think time will heal things eventually , the feeling of letting someone so dear to us down is probably one of the most terrible and misery feeling that we can have... it is worst if there is nothing much we can do much to help the situation..

NOTE : it is great that you guys are willing to help and i am not taking anything away from you guys.. but i just dont see how u guys can help.. maybe the problem is just me and that i am not receptive to such things..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
When it comes to clinical depression, the cause actually does not matter. Depression can be treated while the actual cause is being addressed at the same time.

Last edited by sbf4life; 30-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilio2003 View Post
NOTE : it is great that you guys are willing to help and i am not taking anything away from you guys.. but i just dont see how u guys can help.. maybe the problem is just me and that i am not receptive to such things..
I agree that nobody here can help you resolve a relationship issue. Only you can solve an internal conflict.

However I can help provide advice and guidance when it comes to treating depression which is a physical state caused by a chemical imbalance within the brain.

I'll give you an analogy. If you're not very good at riding a horse and you keep falling off and injuring yourself, I cannot provide advice over the internet regarding how to be a better cowboy. You need to practice the skills required till you reach the point where you don't fall off anymore.

However, I can give you advice regarding how to treat the resulting injuries.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 30-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I used to have depression too. More than willing to help anyone if anyone wishes to open up. Feel free to pm me.
It would be nice if you could share some of your wisdom in the open forum. No details that would compromise your privacy just an overview of your experiences.

Old 30-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

http://themiddleground.sg/2017/05/11...got-depressed/

I’m a doctor, and this is how I got depressed

May 11, 2017 05.00PM | The Middle Ground

by George Khoo

I saw the signs a couple of months before my daughter’s wedding. The year running up to this point had been rough. I was feeling upset, tired, irritable and angry almost every day. I teared up easily and was constantly thinking negative thoughts, sometimes even suicidal ones.

Even though I was so tired most days, I wasn’t able to sleep properly, often waking up in the wee hours of the morning. How I felt added to my fatigue, frustration, hopelessness, guilt and feelings of worthlessness.

While the truth that I was clinically depressed started to sink in, I was probably still in denial and hoped that with time, rest and exercise, things would improve. However, it just got worse and the low moods and negative thoughts persisted.

Part of the reason for not seeking help early was because I’m from the medical profession. I felt that admitting that I needed help would not reflect well on me – a healthcare provider who’s not even able to care for himself.

How did it get this bad?

It wasn’t the volume of work that affected me most but the issues in my relationships. I have always tried to live peacefully with my fellow man and it’s not in my nature to confront others. However, the leadership roles I’ve taken up at work and in my church have increasingly put me into situations that require confrontation.

I had patients that year that I expected would be grateful to me but turned around to question me on the wisdom of the recommendations I had made with their best interests at heart. I had a colleague who was pushing me to pursue something I was not comfortable with. And I had to confront people who had made wrong choices and required disciplinary action. Meanwhile, in church, a man told me to my face that he wanted me to step down as a church leader.

The worst was when a leader at work, unhappy with a policy I was trying to revise, accused me of being more interested in systems and policies than in caring for patients. I had spent sleepless nights worrying for my patients and trying to get them good healthcare and while what the leader said was absurd, it really hurt to hear him say that to me.

All of this played into my feelings of worthlessness and frustration, causing me to feel even more irritable and upset than I already was.

An unusual sense of loss

At some point, however, I realised that these were not the only causes for what I was feeling. It dawned on me that a big factor was the prospect of ‘losing’ my precious daughter once she gets married. That year, we must have attended close to 10 other weddings and I dreaded going to them because they just reminded me that soon, I was to give away my own daughter. Each wedding became more and more difficult to attend and the worst was the one two weeks before her wedding. I teared throughout the wedding thinking of what it was going to be like on that day!

I was unable to make sense of how depressed this made me feel until I read Unmasking Male Depression by Archibald D. Hart:

“Then there was the time when my first daughter was going to be married. I found myself quite depressed a few months before the wedding. Finally, it dawned on me that my little girl was saying goodbye to me in favour of a young man who was not part of me. Like it or not, being excited for my daughter was not enough to overcome my sense of sadness. I was facing a loss that could never be replaced. There were those who said to me, “You’re not losing a daughter but gaining a son-in-law.” What a ridiculous idea! What I was losing could not be counterbalanced by what I was gaining. Every father of a daughter knows that a son-in-law does not equal a daughter!”

Getting help

I finally plucked up the courage to make an appointment with a psychiatrist to confirm my own suspicion. I needed to know for sure, to be fair to my family and my loved ones. In any case, I had reached a point where not much else mattered and I wasn’t bothered about the stigma associated with taking anti-depressants

I was put on Lexapro (escitalopram) and during my review, three and half months after my first appointment, my psychiatrist doubled my dosage. I was definitely feeling better in terms of having less frequent thoughts of hopelessness and a stop to the suicidal thoughts but I was not “walking on clouds”. About a week later, I distinctly remember waking up one morning and thinking: “Oh, this is what it feels to be normal?” That morning, after many months of feeling down, moody and negative, I felt that burden lift. My medication was working well.

The other thing that helped me greatly was reading the Bible and other Christian literature on depression and burnout. I found them to be great in creating self-awareness and for self-therapy.

The other main factor on my road to recovery was the tremendous support given to me by my beloved wife and family. At the end of our family holiday, six weeks before my daughter’s wedding, I decided to be open with them at the airport while waiting for our flight back to Singapore. I am thankful that they took it very well and were very encouraging.

My wife, who knew my struggles all throughout, was a pillar of strength when my whole world was crumbling emotionally. She is not only my best confidante and my best friend, she also makes me laugh and reminded me to rest. She was ever patient with me when I was negative and moody and even scratches my back to help me sleep! God gave her the strength and grace to put up with me.

It’s been a two and a half year journey and while my psychiatrist has encouraged me to try weaning off the Lexapro, I realise that as long as I am in my current role, in church and at work, it would not be possible. I have tried weaning it off but have had to go back on my medication rather quickly. Nonetheless, my dosage has halved and my recovery has been steady.

Having been through the worst periods has helped me to be more disciplined about taking regular breaks. Now, I take a week off every three to four months and am intentional about observing the weekly Sabbath as a time of rest from work. As the writer Christopher Ash puts it in Zeal without Burnout, “God needs no day off. But I am not God, and I do.”

Stigma

I have chosen to be open about the fact that I am still on anti-depressants because there is a need to remove the stigma associated with it. In Singapore and in this part of the world, to be on anti-depressants is still very much taboo. Thankfully, I work in a Christian organization that fully understands and supports my stand. However, other employers may not be as understanding and that is probably one of the main reasons why people do not speak up – the fear of losing their jobs or not getting one should they be honest.

While it is probably too idealistic to expect no discrimination at all, I hope that we can help employers be open to accepting applicants with a history of mental illness but are stable on medication. They should be at least considered in the same way as those with other chronic illnesses such as hypertension or diabetes. As long as they are capable of performing the tasks and do not pose a danger to themselves or others, they should be given equal opportunities.

Dr George Khoo is a general practitioner in his late 50’s and serves as the Medical Advisor for a Christian organisation. George is married to Mabel and has two grown up children, both happily married. George and Mabel have a newborn grandchild and are expecting a second within the next few weeks.

Old 30-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Useful thread from the other forum : https://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....bal+depression

Another depressed doctor....

nayr69sg
Alfrescian
My Reputation

Default Re: Excellent article on depression suffered by a doctor.

I take Cipralex (escitalopram) and Wellbutrin (Bupropion) daily and Ativan (lorazepam) prn. I also see my counselor at least once a month. It is covered under the Physician and Family Support Program(PFSP) provided with my Alberta Medical Association Membership. I will continue to do so as long as I work as a Family Physician. Dealing with all kinds of different people almost daily with all kinds of self perceived ideas, paranoias and beliefs definitely gets one depressed.

There is no stigma here in Alberta. In fact I would say that if you have an existing mental illness it is advantageous as people have to be more supportive and understanding of you make mistakes.

Singapore Medical Association membership basically gives nothing. Maybe the UOB Visa Card that's about it.

Alberta Medical Association membership covers 80% of my malpractice insurance, CME benefits (includes buying of electronics eg laptops computers hand phones printers etc) up to $3000+, maternity or paternity benefits etc

Definitely way better than crappy SMA.

Old 30-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: -26 / Power: 0
MrMuscleman is stuck in moderation for some time to come

Should prescribe to cyberbullies like aimex77 and reading who have schizo, one minute aimex the other reading. Maybe at night stand at changi or desker as sharon. Lol

Last edited by MrMuscleman; 30-07-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 30-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

https://www.depressionforums.org/men...mental-health/

Ten Things Men Can Do To Defeat

Depression And Boost Mental Health

Here are ten important things you can do to boost your
mental health and defeat depression.
May 10, 2017 by Jen Brenner

Although women suffer more from depression and anxiety compared to men, that doesn’t mean they are immune from this typical modern day problem. You’ll have every reason to feel worried about your mental health as nearly 350 million people suffer from depression and more are being diagnosed with every passing day. That’s pretty alarming. The good news is you can fight depression and anxiety by making some small lifestyle changes. Here are ten important things you can do to boost your mental health and defeat depression.

1- Eat a variety of foods

When it comes to improving your mental health, one of the easiest ways is to include a variety of healthy foods in your diet. Eat from all food groups such as beans, legumes, greens, whole grains, poultry, meat, fish, and so on.

If you eat only a few types of food and ignore other varieties, you will be at the risk of suffering from nutrient deficiency, which can lead to serious physical and mental health problems.

2- Learn to appreciate yourself

You are a special person on this planet. No one else is quite like you. For this reason, start treating yourself with respect and kindness. Don’t indulge in self-criticism as it can only lead to depression. Take out time for yourself, engaging in your hobbies and doing projects you love. If you don’t have a hobby, start learning some musical instrument or practice a new language. Your brain will sharpen, and your mental health will improve as you will defeat depression.

3- Care for your body

A healthy body has a healthy mind. When you take care of your body, your mental health improves and you become happier. Consume nutritious meals and avoid junk food. Quit bad habits such as alcohol consumption and smoking. They can damage your organs and decrease lifespan.

Be sure to drink a lot of water as 80% of your body is water content. If you stop drinking water, your body will dehydrate, and you will feel depressed.

Another important step in caring for your body is to enjoy enough sleep. Research has shown that lack of sleep could contribute to depression and anxiety. Similarly, having an irregular sleep can also contribute to depression. When you enjoy a good night’s sleep, your body has time to relax and repair itself. Your brain can process information. As a result, you will have more energy throughout the day, and you will achieve more in your life.

4- Exercise regularly

Exercise helps you to improve your mental health and therefore fights depression. You don’t have to hit the gym every day to benefit from exercise. You can stretch at home and go to the gym twice a week if you are living a busy life. If you can’t afford a gym membership, you can go to a park and exercise in the fresh air. This will not only improve your mental health, but it will also allow your body to breathe fresher air that’s rich in oxygen during the workout.

5- Socialize and meet new people

Surround with people that make you happy. Meet new people and make lasting connections. Take out time from your busy schedule for your friends and family. Plan trips with your family and go to clubs and gyms to meet new people. Although you can meet new people online, it’s not as rewarding as meeting someone in person.

6- Help other people

When you meet new people, you will find many of them needing your help. Go ahead and help them. You will not only feel good, but you will also find inner peace. It will boost your mental health and decrease depression in your life.

7- Learn about stress and understand what causes depression

One of the easiest ways to fight depression is to understand the reasons that cause depression and trigger anxiety. Solve these basic problems, and you will feel your mental health improving over time.

Some of the most common problems that cause depression are bad health, financial problems, and unhappy relationships. To combat bad health, simply eat healthy foods and develop healthy habits. For financial problems, you may have to apply for a loan if you can’t find a way to finance your business. If you are stressed because of an unpaid debt, discuss with a debt expert and consider options such as debt consolidation and settlement.

8- Organize your life

Men are usually less organized compared to women. Untidy home and unorganized daily life could contribute to stress and poor mental health.

Make your life clutter-free by focusing on what’s important. Set clear goals and have a plan to achieve those goals.

To organize your home and workspace, simply give away the stuff that you don’t use anymore. Develop a habit to put things back from where you took after you have used them. This will keeps your home organized and your life stress-free.

9- Meditate or pray to relax

Throughout the day, your brain has plenty of stuff to care for. It keeps thinking about all these things as it processes information. Even when you are sleeping, your brain is awake and analyzing all the data you collected before sleeping. It’s important that you master to quiet your mind for some time at least once a day.

One of the best ways to calm your brain and help it focus only on important stuff is to meditate. Meditation can help you relax, and it shuts down the chatter going on in your brain. As a result, your mental health improves and you become more productive than ever. Your relationships also benefit from your improved focus.

10- Don’t shy away from seeking help

When you are can’t fight depression on your own, you may need help. Don’t run away from it. Taking help when it’s needed doesn’t make you weak, but it’s a sign of strength.

Conclusion

Depression is a common byproduct of modern lifestyle. Since it’s the product of a busy and unhealthy lifestyle, you can easily combat it by improving your lifestyle and adding healthy habits to it. Care for yourself, improve your relationships, fix your financial problems, and take help when you need it.

Old 30-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Those who want encrypted privacy can contact me on Telegram @sammyboyfor

For industrial strength encryption use the "secret message" utility in Telegram.

Old 30-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 19832 / Power: 28
Apollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond reputeApollo has a reputation beyond repute

good thread, considerate boss

Retired. This nick is for takeover now, please pm me if you're keen
Old 30-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
good thread, considerate boss
What the PAP propaganda press has never reported is the positives that have come out of this forum over the course of its existence.

Scams have been exposed, STD knowledge has been enhanced and as a result I'm 100% sure that lives have been saved. There's even an in-house doctor in attendance who helps out whenever he has the time.

I've also saved people lots of emotional heartache by exposing the methods that WLs use to get men to part with their money.

All the prostitute press talks about is the upskirt thread which is a very small part of this vast knowledge trove that has been created by Singaporeans for Singaporeans.

Old 30-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7425 / Power: 16
reading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is he depressed?
Boss i think so, but i am not doctor. I hope him all the best in his future

if you look at his post history in the forum he always motherfuck here and there . but after looking at his history in the internet i think he is created like that.

Please don't up me for points exchange
Old 30-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 7425 / Power: 16
reading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond reputereading has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What the PAP propaganda press has never reported is the positives that have come out of this forum over the course of its existence.

Scams have been exposed, STD knowledge has been enhanced and as a result I'm 100% sure that lives have been saved. There's even an in-house doctor in attendance who helps out whenever he has the time.

I've also saved people lots of emotional heartache by exposing the methods that WLs use to get men to part with their money.

All the prostitute press talks about is the upskirt thread which is a very small part of this vast knowledge trove that has been created by Singaporeans for Singaporeans.
agree, this is a sex forum, but also a sex education and knowledge sharing platform that cannot be taught in class

Please don't up me for points exchange
Old 30-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Samster (M)

Thumbs down Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by reading View Post
Boss i think so, but i am not doctor. I hope him all the best in his future

if you look at his post history in the forum he always motherfuck here and there . but after looking at his history in the internet i think he is created like that.

Whats new about a motherfucking king of losers like you? Life is sad for you u cant even find a decent lay. Using others backside skin pic to post . Your own face too hideous to post . Look at your signature. Desperate fuck loser trying so hard. Chip of the old block . It runs in your forefathers blood.
Old 30-07-2017, 10:18 PM
Samster (M)

Talking Re: Help with Depression and Self Esteem issues

Quote:
Boss he thinks you are dumb and do not read his posts. He is wasting your bandwidth , spamming same messages in different threads and acting like some retard. Best of all posting other people details and pics . What kind of character and personality this loser has shown to you?or probably one retard in real life
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1