The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 16-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 520 / Power: 13
cocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of light
anyone have tried NOPEP treatment at DSC Clinic

im thinking of getting PEP treatment after my unprotected sex. im going down later in the afternoon.

so far DSC is the most affordable i found around $700 while other clinics charge around $2000

anybro have tried before?

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Patient-Care/Prevention%20and%20Education/Prevention/Pages/Non-Occupational-Post-Exposure-HIV-Prophylaxis.aspx?mobile=true
Old 16-11-2015, 08:53 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: anyone have tried NOPEP treatment at DSC Clinic

nope, never try it before..but some samsters have done it and there are some threads on it here.

if u feel you are in the high risk category then do it..
do note that it has to be done within 72 hours after exposure ,the earlier the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky1234 View Post
im thinking of getting PEP treatment after my unprotected sex. im going down later in the afternoon.

so far DSC is the most affordable i found around $700 while other clinics charge around $2000

anybro have tried before?

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Patient-Ca...px?mobile=true

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 16-11-2015, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

The reason for the cost difference between our clinic and DSC is we use different medicines.

The medicines we use are not available at DSC.

You can ask the doctor at DSC what the different medicines are and the pros and cons of each.
Old 16-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Samster

cocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of lightcocky1234 is a glorious beacon of light

im just registered to DSC this afternoon. the treatment is not anonymous. damn im nervous
Old 16-11-2015, 01:40 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

mate from what i know, there is no anonymous PEP anywhere in Singapore.
well wishes to you in doing the PEP, keep us posted .

Quote:
im just registered to DSC this afternoon. the treatment is not anonymous. damn im nervous

Old 16-11-2015, 05:28 PM

DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Yes there is no anonymous PEP in Singapore.

You have to chill it dude.

1. What is the chance that the person you had sex with is HIV +ve?

2. If she is, what is the chance of you catching it?

3. If you caught it, what is the chance of PEP failing?

The answer to all 3 is "very low"

So your risk of being infected with HIV is "very low x 3"
Old 16-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Samster

I want share my reason and why I’m so worried and looking for PEP treatment. I have RAW session with a FL, I was surprised when I told the FL I don’t want to use condom, and she allow me RAW, cum inside, bbbj etc, you name it. I don’t know why I decided not to use condom, but too late to regret now. The FL is not local, she is from Indonesia if I remember correctly.

So after that session, I was worried why she allowed RAW? Is she has nothing to lose already, e.g already has STD and decided to do FL to earn some money and at the same time take revenge on bastard guys?

I have asked for raw with an FL before, and they will reject, no CD means no session, FL even told me that they only want to earn money and also want to have a life (no disease) to spend money, so offering raw service is a big no to them. This really freaked me even more when I recalled my encounter with this FL.

Anyway, I wanted to share my experience in DSC for my PEP treatment.
Test done below:
1. HIV Rapid Test
2. Full blood count (take blood sample)
3. Liver function test (take blood sample)

Doc offered me two options for PEP medication.
Option A: drugs from DSC clinic cost around $500-$600 (drugs approved for use in SG) I don’t know what type of drugs will be given, doc never give details.
Option B: drugs from AFA (afa.org.sg) cost around $180 (drugs not approved for use in SG, but approved for use internationally and other country). Please take note AFA is a non-profit organization, so the drug price that they charge you is same as what they get from the supplier. they dont earn your money

Doc suggested me to go for option B, since it is cheaper and both drugs although different name/brand, but both perform similar action/effect. Soo I went for option B.

For option B, which I have to get the Doc Description and collect from AFA (just located opposite DSC)

I’m in getting 2 types of drug; one is PrEP and PEP drug.
1. TRUVADA from Gilead http://www.truvada.com/
I believe this is PrEP drug as describe here https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics...xis/index.html

2. ANZAVIR-R from Mylan http://www.drugsupdate.com/generic/view/898/Atazanavir
I believe this is antiretroviral drug use as PEP to treat HIV-1 infection.

Overall total cost spent.
Consultation with blood test: $80 (after Gov Subsidies)
Drugs from AFA: $180
Total $260.

I hope my information above would be useful for any bros who wish to get PEP treatment and for my case, at an affordable price point.

I learned something from AFA when I went to collect drugs, the AFA person told me that the effectiveness of PEP is about 50/50 chance, and very frankly told me is really depends on how lucky you are and don’t put too high hopes that you taking this drugs is a “silver bullet”. Just pray hard that you on the lucky side.

The high effective rate for PEP treatment is conducted in a controlled laboratory environment, my RAW Sex session with FL is not a laboratory environment and many things can play part to determine a person probability of getting infected.

A point to note if you guys want to get PEP at DSC, here is the reason.

1. Always go early, not like late afternoon when people want to go home, especially for the dispatch that carry blood sample to lab for testing. If you are late, then you need to go another day to do blood test.
2. Same always go early, if late after 5 PM, AFA close shop and you can’t get drugs from them, so you only left with option A which is more expensive drug.

Hope my information above will help any bros who are scared and want to get PEP treatment.
Old 16-11-2015, 10:15 PM

thanks for sharing mate..much appreciated.
am wondering why they use a PrEP drug for PEP treatment though.
PrEP are usually given pre HIV exposure.
anyway.. well wishes to you

Quote:

I’m in getting 2 types of drug; one is PrEP and PEP drug.
1. TRUVADA from Gilead http://www.truvada.com/
I believe this is PrEP drug as describe here https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics...xis/index.html

Old 16-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
thanks for sharing mate..much appreciated.
am wondering why they use a PrEP drug for PEP treatment though.
PrEP are usually given pre HIV exposure.
anyway.. well wishes to you
i believe after doc asked me alot of questions, when last time i have sex, what time, with who, where i know the FL, licensed or not, how many sex partner i have in my life so far, why never use cd etc and etc..

i think Doc give a combination of drugs, one PrEP and one is Antiviral drug. i read the drug description it seems logic for my case.. im not expert here tho
Old 17-11-2015, 04:13 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1896 / Power: 13
baotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant futurebaotohk has a brilliant future

Thanks for the great information and hope that more people will get themselves tested and go for PEP when they are exposed.

With such a price-point for the PEP, i think it will encourage more people to take up this option
Old 17-11-2015, 07:33 AM

doctors know better mate,
up your points for sharing.

Quote:
i believe after doc asked me alot of questions, when last time i have sex, what time, with who, where i know the FL, licensed or not, how many sex partner i have in my life so far, why never use cd etc and etc..

i think Doc give a combination of drugs, one PrEP and one is Antiviral drug. i read the drug description it seems logic for my case.. im not expert here tho

Old 17-11-2015, 09:38 AM

1. Thank you very much for sharing. I also did not know there was such a cheap option at DSC/AFA. Now I have a place to send my patients who have financial constraints and need PEP.

2. I have to disagree with the lady who told you PEP has only a 50% efficacy. Perhaps they are trained to do that so that people do not use PEP as a "get out of jail free" card. The meds they gave you are Truvada and generic Kaletra. In most studies, the efficacy is 80% to 87%.

3. About this confusion between PEP and PrEP: the same medicine (i.e. Truvada) is used for both PEP and PrEP. If you take Truvada BEFORE you get exposed, that is PrEP. If you take Truvada AFTER you get exposed that is PEP. For PEP, Truvada alone is not enough. We have to add another HAART agent. That can be a protease inhibitor (like what you have been given) or other types of medicines like integrase strand inhibitors.
Old 17-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
1. Thank you very much for sharing. I also did not know there was such a cheap option at DSC/AFA. Now I have a place to send my patients who have financial constraints and need PEP.

2. I have to disagree with the lady who told you PEP has only a 50% efficacy. Perhaps they are trained to do that so that people do not use PEP as a "get out of jail free" card. The meds they gave you are Truvada and generic Kaletra. In most studies, the efficacy is 80% to 87%.

3. About this confusion between PEP and PrEP: the same medicine (i.e. Truvada) is used for both PEP and PrEP. If you take Truvada BEFORE you get exposed, that is PrEP. If you take Truvada AFTER you get exposed that is PEP. For PEP, Truvada alone is not enough. We have to add another HAART agent. That can be a protease inhibitor (like what you have been given) or other types of medicines like integrase strand inhibitors.
Hi Dr.Tan
thank you so much for your clarification
Old 17-11-2015, 10:24 AM

thanks for the clarification doc.
have to agree on the 50% efficacy remarks,
from what i have read the efficacy rate is definitely more than 50% so that can only be good new for the thread starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post

Old 17-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
sleepyscotts deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi Bro after you took ANZAVIR-R are there any side effects?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1